- Nano-sized ceramic inks for drop-on-demand ink-jet printing in quadrichromy
CNR ISTEC, Institute of Science and Technology for Ceramics, Via Granarolo 64, 48018 Faenza, Italy
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 8:1979-88. 2008
Nano-sized ceramic inks suitable for ink-jet printing have been developed for the four-colours CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) process...
- Microcontact printing of ultrahigh density gold nanoparticle monolayer for flexible flash memories
Su Ting Han
Department of Physics and Materials Science, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
Adv Mater 24:3556-61. 2012
..The new devices are compared to two reference devices with a floating gate created by thermal evaporation and electrostatic self-assembly, and show a large memory window, long retention times and good endurance properties...
- Inkjet printing of electrically conductive patterns of carbon nanotubes
Microelectronics and Materials Physics Laboratories, Department of Electrical and Information Engineering, University of Oulu, P O Box 4500, 90014 Oulu, Finland
Small 2:1021-5. 2006
- Transfer printing techniques for materials assembly and micro/nanodevice fabrication
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Fredrick Seitz Materials Research Laboratory, Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA
Adv Mater 24:5284-318. 2012
Transfer printing represents a set of techniques for deterministic assembly of micro-and nanomaterials into spatially organized, functional arrangements with two and three-dimensional layouts...
- Inkjet printing of conjugated polymer precursors on paper substrates for colorimetric sensing and flexible electrothermochromic display
Department of Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
Adv Mater 23:5492-7. 2011
..b>Printing of a diacetylene (DA)-surfactant composite ink on unmodified paper and photopaper, as well as on a banknote, ..
- A compact inductive position sensor made by inkjet printing technology on a flexible substrate
Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Trg Dositeja Obradovica 6, Novi Sad 21000, Serbia
Sensors (Basel) 12:1288-98. 2012
..The flexibility enables that after printing in the plane, the coils could be rolled and put inside each other...
- Transfer-printing of as-fabricated carbon nanotube devices onto various substrates
Quy Nguyen Thanh
Department of Physics and Division of Energy Systems Research, Ajou University, Suwon 443 749, Republic of Korea
Adv Mater 24:4499-504. 2012
..on various non-conventional substrates such as nonplanar or soft substrates by a simple, yet versatile, transfer-printing "cut-and-paste" method...
- Inkjet printing of single-crystal films
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, AIST Tsukuba Central 4, Tsukuba 305 8562, Japan
Nature 475:364-7. 2011
..Attention has recently been focused on developing simple ways of producing electronic devices by means of printing technologies...
- Integration of solid-state nanopores in microfluidic networks via transfer printing of suspended membranes
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, United States
Anal Chem 85:3871-8. 2013
- Single-crystal metal-organic framework arrays
CIN2 ICN CSIC, Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Esfera UAB, 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
J Am Chem Soc 133:2144-7. 2011
..This approach shows that through the use of surfaces with low wettability it is possible to control the crystallization of a single submicrometer metal-organic framework crystal at a desired location on a surface...
- Digital microfluidics-enabled single-molecule detection by printing and sealing single magnetic beads in femtoliter droplets
KU Leuven University of Leuven, BIOSYST MeBioS, Willem de Croylaan 42, Leuven, Belgium
Lab Chip 13:2047-54. 2013
..Digital microfluidics presents the following advantages for printing and sealing magnetic beads for single-molecule detection: (i) droplets containing suspended beads can be ..
- Molecular printing
Adam B Braunschweig
Department of Chemistry and International Institute for Nanotechnology, Northwestern University, 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3113, USA
Nat Chem 1:353-8. 2009
Molecular printing techniques, which involve the direct transfer of molecules to a substrate with submicrometre resolution, have been extensively developed over the past decade and have enabled many applications...
- Inkjet printing-process and its applications
School of Materials, Arizona State University Tempe, AZ 85287, USA
Adv Mater 22:673-85. 2010
In this Progress Report we provide an update on recent developments in inkjet printing technology and its applications, which include organic thin-film transistors, light-emitting diodes, solar cells, conductive structures, memory devices,..
- Printing colour at the optical diffraction limit
Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, A STAR, 3 Research Link, Singapore 117602
Nat Nanotechnol 7:557-61. 2012
..produces images with both sharp colour changes and fine tonal variations, is amenable to large-volume colour printing via nanoimprint lithography, and could be useful in making microimages for security, steganography, nanoscale ..
- Nanotransfer printing with sub-10 nm resolution realized using directed self-assembly
Jae Won Jeong
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology KAIST, 291 Daehak ro, Daejeon 305 701, Republic of Korea
Adv Mater 24:3526-31. 2012
An extraordinarily facile sub-10 nm fabrication method using the synergic combination of nanotransfer printing and the directed self-assembly of block copolymers is introduced...
- High-resolution PLA-based composite scaffolds via 3-D printing technology
Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Biomater 9:5521-30. 2013
..Overall, the results showed the suitability of the technique/materials combination to develop 3-D porous scaffolds and their initial biocompatibility, both being valuable characteristics for tissue engineering applications...
- A photosynthetic biosensor with enhanced electron transfer generation realized by laser printing technology
Institute of Crystallography, National Research Council, Rome, Italy
Anal Bioanal Chem 402:3237-44. 2012
- Nanoparticle printing with single-particle resolution
IBM Research GmbH, Zurich Research Laboratory, Saumerstrasse 4, 8803 Ruschlikon, Switzerland
Nat Nanotechnol 2:570-6. 2007
..Whereas printing routinely meets these demands at larger length scales, we have developed a novel printing process that enables ..
- Controlled deposition of a high-performance small-molecule organic single-crystal transistor array by direct ink-jet printing
Yong Hoon Kim
Flexible Display Research Center, Korea Electronics Technology Institute, Gyeonggi 463 816, Korea
Adv Mater 24:497-502. 2012
..The single-crystal formation in bottom-contact-structured transistors via direct printing is expected to permit high-density array fabrication in large-area electronics.
- Comparative height measurements of dip-pen nanolithography-produced lipid membrane stacks with atomic force, fluorescence, and surface-enhanced ellipsometric contrast microscopy
Institute of Nanotechnology INT and Karlsruhe Nano Micro Facility KNMF, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology KIT, Hermann von Helmholtz Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein Leopoldshafen, Germany
Langmuir 27:11605-8. 2011
- Occupational noise in printing companies
Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Trg Dositeja Obradovica 6, 21000, Novi Sad, Serbia
Environ Monit Assess 181:111-22. 2011
The extent of noise in five printing companies in Novi Sad, Serbia, was determined using TES-1358A Sound Analyzer with RS-232 Interface...
- XRF-analysis of fine and ultrafine particles emitted from laser printing devices
BAM Federal Institute of Materials Research and Testing, Division 4 2 Environmental Material and Product Properties, Unter den Eichen 87, 12205 Berlin, Germany
Environ Sci Technol 45:7819-25. 2011
In this work, the elemental composition of fine and ultrafine particles emitted by ten different laser printing devices (LPD) is examined...
- An amperometric glucose biosensor prototype fabricated by thermal inkjet printing
Department of Industrial Chemistry and Materials, University of Bologna, Viale del Risorgimento 4, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Biosens Bioelectron 20:2019-26. 2005
The prototype of an amperometric glucose biosensor was realized by thermal inkjet printing using biological and electronic water-based inks, containing a glucose oxidase (GOD) from Aspergillus niger and the conducting polymer blend poly(3,..
- Inkjet printing of drug substances and use of porous substrates-towards individualized dosing
Department of Biosciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences Laboratory, Abo Akademi University, Turku 20520, Finland
J Pharm Sci 100:3386-95. 2011
..In this context, inkjet printing technologies have emerged over the last decades in pharmaceutical and biological applications and offer solutions ..
- Cancer mortality among female and male workers occupationally exposed to inorganic lead in the printing industry
Svetlana A Ilychova
Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, Russian N N Blokhin Cancer Research Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Occup Environ Med 69:87-92. 2012
..The present study follows an industrial cohort of workers, mostly women, with moderate lead exposure and no confounding by other occupational exposures...
- Cholangiocarcinoma among offset colour proof-printing workers exposed to 1,2-dichloropropane and/or dichloromethane
Department of Occupational and Environmental Management, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyusyu, Japan
Occup Environ Med 70:508-10. 2013
..present study was conducted to investigate the relationship between occupational chemical exposure and incidence of cholangiocarcinoma among workers in the offset colour proof-printing section of a small printing company in Osaka, Japan.
- Controlled patterning of peptide nanotubes and nanospheres using inkjet printing technology
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Pept Sci 14:217-23. 2008
..Both spherical and tubular structures could be efficiently patterned on surfaces into predesigned patterns. The applications of such technology are discussed...
- Functional protein microarrays by electrohydrodynamic jet printing
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, United States
Anal Chem 84:10012-8. 2012
This paper reports the use of advanced forms of electrohydrodynamic jet (e-jet) printing for creating micro- and nanoscale patterns of proteins on various surfaces ranging from flat silica substrates to structured plasmonic crystals, ..
- Moisture based three-dimensional printing of calcium phosphate structures for scaffold engineering
RMS Foundation, Bischmattstrasse 12, CH 2544 Bettlach, Switzerland
Acta Biomater 9:5369-78. 2013
Powder based three-dimensional printing (3DP) allows great versatility in material and geometry. These characteristics make 3DP an interesting method for the production of tissue engineering scaffolds...
- New depowdering-friendly designs for three-dimensional printing of calcium phosphate bone substitutes
RMS Foundation, Bischmattstrasse 12, CH 2544 Bettlach, Switzerland Institute for Biomechanics, ETH Zurich, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 10, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland Electronic address
Acta Biomater 9:9149-58. 2013
Powder-based three-dimensional printing (3DP) is a versatile method that allows creating synthetic calcium phosphate (CaP) scaffolds of complex shapes and structures...
- High-throughput printing via microvascular multinozzle arrays
Christopher J Hansen
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 61801, USA
Adv Mater 25:96-102. 2013
Microvascular multinozzle arrays are designed and fabricated for high-throughput printing of functional materials...
- Tailoring controlled-release oral dosage forms by combining inkjet and flexographic printing techniques
Pharmaceutical Sciences Laboratory, Department of Biosciences, Abo Akademi University, Tykistokatu 6A, FI 20520 Turku, Finland
Eur J Pharm Sci 47:615-23. 2012
We combined conventional inkjet printing technology with flexographic printing to fabricate drug delivery systems with accurate doses and tailored drug release...
- Innovations in 3D printing: a 3D overview from optics to organs
Department of Ophthalmology, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 98:159-61. 2014
3D printing is a method of manufacturing in which materials, such as plastic or metal, are deposited onto one another in layers to produce a three dimensional object, such as a pair of eye glasses or other 3D objects...
- Biofabrication: an overview of the approaches used for printing of living cells
Cameron J Ferris
Soft Materials Group, School of Chemistry, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97:4243-58. 2013
The development of cell printing is vital for establishing biofabrication approaches as clinically relevant tools...
- High-performance, all-solution-processed organic nanowire transistor arrays with inkjet-printing patterned electrodes
Institute of Polymer Optoelectronic Materials and Devices, State Key Laboratory of Physics and Chemistry of Luminescence, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510640, PR China
Langmuir 27:14710-5. 2011
..are fabricated by combining the dip-coating process to align the NW into arrays with the inkjet printing process to pattern the source/drain electrodes...
- A rapid determination method of chemical oxygen demand in printing and dyeing wastewater using ultraviolet spectroscopy
College of Resources and Environmental Sciences, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Water Environ Res 81:2381-6. 2009
A rapid method to determine chemical oxygen demand (COD) in printing and dyeing wastewater using ultraviolet (UV) spectroscopy was developed in this study...
- A glucose sensor fabricated by piezoelectric inkjet printing of conducting polymers and bienzymes
Yeon Hee Yun
Department of Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University, Ansan, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
Anal Sci 27:375. 2011
Piezoelectric inkjet printing of polymers and proteins holds great promise for fabrication of miniaturized bioelectronic devices, such as biochips and biosensors...
- Three-dimensional printing creates models for surgical planning of aortic valve replacement after previous coronary bypass grafting
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 85:2105-8. 2008
..Thus, we are exploring the effect of using rapid prototyping techniques for surgical planning and intraoperative orientation during aortic valve replacement after previous coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)...
- Bio-printing of collagen and VEGF-releasing fibrin gel scaffolds for neural stem cell culture
Yeong Bae Lee
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Exp Neurol 223:645-52. 2010
..The cells showed high viability (92.89+/-2.32%) after printing, which was equivalent to that of manually-plated cells. C17...
- A simple, low-cost conductive composite material for 3D printing of electronic sensors
Simon J Leigh
School of Engineering, University of Warwick, Coventry, Warwickshire, UK
PLoS ONE 7:e49365. 2012
3D printing technology can produce complex objects directly from computer aided digital designs...
- High-resolution electrohydrodynamic jet printing
Jang Ung Park
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Beckman Institute, and Frederick Seitz Materials Research Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 1304 West Green Street, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Nat Mater 6:782-9. 2007
Efforts to adapt and extend graphic arts printing techniques for demanding device applications in electronics, biotechnology and microelectromechanical systems have grown rapidly in recent years...
- Cancer in the Norwegian printing industry
Bård M N Kvam
Cancer Registry of Norway, N 0310 Oslo, Norway
Scand J Work Environ Health 31:36-43. 2005
The aim of this study was to investigate cancer risk among Norwegian workers in the printing industry, particularly lung and bladder cancer.
- "One cell-one well": a new approach to inkjet printing single cell microarrays
Albert R Liberski
Laboratory of Organic and Macromolecular Chemistry IOMC, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Humboldtstrasse 10, Jena, Germany
ACS Comb Sci 13:190-5. 2011
..By carefully advancing a thin layer of mineral oil on the substrate over the droplets during the printing, dehydration of the droplets can be prevented, and the vitality of the cells can be maintained...
- Increased morbidity from nasopharyngeal carcinoma and chronic pharyngitis or sinusitis among workers at a newspaper printing company
Y H Liu
Institute of Occupational Medicine and Industrial Hygiene, National Taiwan University College of Public Health, Taipei, Taiwan
Occup Environ Med 59:18-22. 2002
To determine the association between printing works and nasopharygeal carcinoma as well as other diseases.
- Biological laser printing: a novel technique for creating heterogeneous 3-dimensional cell patterns
J A Barron
Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC 20375, USA
Biomed Microdevices 6:139-47. 2004
We have developed a laser-based printing technique, called biological laser printing (BioLP)...
- Dry contact transfer printing of aligned carbon nanotube patterns and characterization of their optical properties for diameter distribution and alignment
Cary L Pint
Department of Physics and Astronomy, The Richard E Smalley Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology, Rice University, Houston, TX 77005, USA
ACS Nano 4:1131-45. 2010
..This work provides new insight to the efficient transfer and optical properties of an emerging class of long, large diameter SWNT species typically produced in the CVD process...
- Cell and organ printing 2: fusion of cell aggregates in three-dimensional gels
Department of Bioengineering, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina 29634, USA
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 272:497-502. 2003
..However, this technology was limited to the printing of two-dimensional (2D) tissue constructs...
- Microstructured elastomeric surfaces with reversible adhesion and examples of their use in deterministic assembly by transfer printing
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Beckman Institute, and Seitz Materials Research Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:17095-100. 2010
..many desired, existing, and potential systems, including climbing robots, medical tapes, and stamps for transfer printing. We present experimental and theoretical studies of pressure modulated adhesion between flat, stiff objects and ..
- Application of inkjet printing technique for biological material delivery and antimicrobial assays
Institute of Biological Engineering, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
Anal Biochem 410:171-6. 2011
..Moreover, an applicable example of multiple-layer inkjet printing technique was adapted to deposit bacteria and antibiotics for antimicrobial potential assays. After fluorescent E...
- Complex heterogeneous tissue constructs containing multiple cell types prepared by inkjet printing technology
Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Biomaterials 34:130-9. 2013
..The printing process was repeated for several cycles leading to a complex 3D multi-cell hybrid construct...
- Fabrication of paper-based microfluidic sensors by printing
Australian Pulp and Paper Institute, Department of Chemical Engineering, Monash University, Clayton Campus, VIC 3800, Australia
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 76:564-70. 2010
..Incorporating this idea with digital ink jet printing techniques, a new fabrication method of paper-based microfluidic devices is established...
- Low-cost printing of poly(dimethylsiloxane) barriers to define microchannels in paper
Derek A Bruzewicz
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Anal Chem 80:3387-92. 2008
This paper describes the use of a modified x,y-plotter to generate hydrophilic channels by printing a solution of hydrophobic polymer (pol(dimethylsiloxane; PDMS) dissolved in hexanes onto filter paper...
- Recent advances in microcontact printing
Arjan P Quist
Neuroscience Research Institute, University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 381:591-600. 2005
Microcontact printing is a remarkable surface patterning technique. Developed about 10 years ago, it has triggered enormous interest from the surface science community, as well as from engineers and biologists...
- Cancer mortality among women in the Russian printing industry
M A Bulbulyan
Cancer Research Centre, Moscow, Russia
Am J Ind Med 36:166-71. 1999
This study evaluates cancer mortality among women employed in two large printing plants in Moscow.
- Single-cell printing to form three-dimensional lines of olfactory ensheathing cells
Christina M Othon
Naval Research Laboratory Code 6113, 4555 Overlook Ave SW, Washington, DC 20375, USA
Biomed Mater 3:034101. 2008
Biological laser printing (BioLP) is a unique tool capable of printing high resolution two- and three-dimensional patterns of living mammalian cells, with greater than 95% viability...
- Inkjet printing for high-throughput cell patterning
E A Roth
Department of Bioengineering, Rhodes Research Center, Clemson University, 502 Rhodes Hall, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
Biomaterials 25:3707-15. 2004
The adaptation of inkjet printing technology to the complex fields of tissue engineering and biomaterial development presents the potential to increase progress in these emerging technologies through the implementation of this high-..
- Development of human umbilical vein endothelial cell (HUVEC) and human umbilical vein smooth muscle cell (HUVSMC) branch/stem structures on hydrogel layers via biological laser printing (BioLP)
P K Wu
Department of Physics, Southern Oregon University, Ashland, OR 97520, USA
Biofabrication 2:014111. 2010
..Using biological laser printing (BioLP), we fabricated branch/stem structures of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) and human ..
- Laser printing of single cells: statistical analysis, cell viability, and stress
Jason A Barron
Chemical Dynamics and Diagnostics Branch, Chemistry Division, Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC 20375, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 33:121-30. 2005
..This manuscript details experiments demonstrating that BioLP Biological Laser Printing, can be used to rapidly and accurately print patterns of single cells in a noncontact manner...
- Mandibular reconstruction using stereolithographic 3-dimensional printing modeling technology
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Hebrew University Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:661-6. 2009
..The 2 most commonly used rapid prototyping technologies are stereolithography and 3D printing (3DP)...
- Laser assisted bioprinting of engineered tissue with high cell density and microscale organization
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Biomaterials 31:7250-6. 2010
Over this decade, cell printing strategy has emerged as one of the promising approaches to organize cells in two and three dimensional engineered tissues...
- Application of inkjet printing to tissue engineering
Department of Bioengineering, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
Biotechnol J 1:910-7. 2006
Recent advances in organ printing technology for applications relating to medical interventions and organ replacement are described...
- Inkjet printing of growth factor concentration gradients and combinatorial arrays immobilized on biologically-relevant substrates
Eric D Miller
Institute for Complex Engineered Systems, The Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 12:604-18. 2009
..We developed an inkjet printing methodology for creating solid-phase patterns of unmodified growth factors on native biological material ..
- Automated MALDI matrix deposition method with inkjet printing for imaging mass spectrometry
Dodge L Baluya
Department of Chemistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Anal Chem 79:6862-7. 2007
..Overall, the mass spectral images gathered from inkjet-printed tissue specimens were of better quality and more reproducible than from specimens prepared by the electrospray and airbrush methods...
- Microcontact printing-based fabrication of digital microfluidic devices
Michael W L Watson
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, 80 St George Street, Toronto, ON, M5S 3H6 Canada
Anal Chem 78:7877-85. 2006
..Here, we present a new fabrication scheme, relying on microcontact printing (microCP), an inexpensive technique that does not require clean room facilities...
- Printing multistrain bacterial patterns with a piezoelectric inkjet printer
Laboratory of Living Matter and Center for Physics and Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e663. 2007
..The capabilities of this device are demonstrated by printing ordered arrays comprising two bacterial strains labeled with different fluorescent proteins...
- Producing a superhydrophobic paper and altering its repellency through ink-jet printing
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2G8, Canada
Lab Chip 11:936-40. 2011
..e. printing solid grey patterns of different intensities with simple printing technology (home or office grade ink-jet and ..
- Robot printing of reverse dot blot arrays for human mutation detection
Quest Diagnostics, Van Nuys, and Beckman/Coulter, Fullerton, California, USA
J Mol Diagn 3:178-88. 2001
We report on a generally useful, partially automated, human mutation detection method based upon printing moderate density oligonucleotide arrays using a biorobot on activated nylon membranes...
- Jet-based methods to print living cells
Bradley R Ringeisen
Chemical Dynamics and Diagnostics Branch, U S Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC, USA
Biotechnol J 1:930-48. 2006
Cell printing has been popularized over the past few years as a revolutionary advance in tissue engineering has potentially enabled heterogeneous 3-D scaffolds to be built cell-by-cell...
- Inkjet printing of bioadhesives
Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7575, USA
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 89:28-35. 2009
..Piezoelectric inkjet printing of naturally-derived biological adhesives may overcome several problems associated with conventional tissue ..
- Evaluation of COSHH essentials: methylene chloride, isopropanol, and acetone exposures in a small printing plant
Eun Gyung Lee
Exposure Assessment Branch, Health Effects Laboratory Division, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Ann Occup Hyg 53:463-74. 2009
..exposures and full-shift exposures using measured concentrations of three volatile organic chemicals at a small printing plant...
- Knowledge, attitude and practice regarding organic solvents among printing workers in Hong Kong
Ignatius Tak Sun Yu
Department of Community and Family Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
J Occup Health 47:305-10. 2005
To find out the prevalence of good knowledge, appropriate attitude and safe practice among printing workers exposed to organic solvents in Hong Kong, and to see if safe practice was influenced by the knowledge of and the attitude towards ..
- A cross sectional study of the respiratory health of workers handling printing toner dust
Department of Hygiene, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Occup Environ Med 63:244-9. 2006
..Although recent case reports have suggested possible respiratory effects of solid toner dust inhalation, this hypothesis has not been verified by epidemiological studies...
- Intervention development in occupational research: an example from the printing industry
T P Brown
MRC Institute for Environment and Health, Leicester, UK
Occup Environ Med 63:261-6. 2006
..Intervention development research is an essential prerequisite of any study that attempts to determine whether specific interventions work to prevent work related injury and illness...
- Inkjet printing of macromolecules on hydrogels to steer neural stem cell differentiation
Center of Excellence in Developmental Biology CEDB DBRM, Organic Bioelectronics OBOE, Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, SE17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Biomaterials 28:3936-43. 2007
Inkjet printing allows for the rapid and inexpensive printing of cells, materials, and protein molecules...
- Particle emission characteristics of office printers
International Laboratory for Air Quality and Health, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Qld 4001, Australia
Environ Sci Technol 41:6039-45. 2007
..also conducted and based on the particle concentrations in the immediate vicinity of the printers, after a short printing job, the printers were divided into four classes: non-emitters, and low, medium, and high emitters...
- Rapid method for design and fabrication of passive micromixers in microfluidic devices using a direct-printing process
Ai Lin Liu
Key Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science, Department of Chemistry, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, P R China
Lab Chip 5:974-8. 2005
..rapid one-step technique for design and fabrication of passive micromixers in microfluidic devices using a direct-printing process...
- Skin strain and its influence on systemic exposure to a glycol ether in offset printing workers
Institute and Out Patient Clinic for Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine, University Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Contact Dermatitis 49:248-54. 2003
..the present study was to show whether systemic exposure to glycol ether increases due to lesions of the skin in printing workers...
- Ultra-fine particles release from hardcopy devices: sources, real-room measurements and efficiency of filter accessories
Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute WKI, Material Analysis and Indoor Chemistry Bienroder Weg 54E, D 38108 Braunschweig, Germany
Sci Total Environ 407:418-27. 2008
..Experiments using electrostatic precipitation showed a flame retardant (tri-xylyl phosphate) whose concentration on the media was dependent on the number of pages printed. Whether this compound was particle-bound could not be determined...
- A fast flexible ink-jet printing method for patterning dissociated neurons in culture
Neville E Sanjana
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA
J Neurosci Methods 136:151-63. 2004
..In contrast, ink-jet printing, used in low-cost desktop printers, patterns material by depositing microscopic droplets under robotic control in ..
- Microcontact printing: a versatile technique for the study of synaptogenic molecules
Neuroscience Program, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Illinois 61801, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 20:140-53. 2002
..Proteins are patterned with micron scale resolution on glass coverslips by covalent microcontact printing and these substrates are used for cell culture...
- Construction of high-density bacterial colony arrays and patterns by the ink-jet method
Department of Bioengineering, Clemson University, 502 Rhodes, Clemson, South Carolina 29634, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 85:29-33. 2004
..In addition, complex patterns of viable bacteria as well as bacteria density gradients were constructed using desktop printers controlled by a simple software program...
- Effects of relative humidity and buffer additives on the contact printing of microarrays by quill pins
Mark K McQuain
Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
Anal Biochem 320:281-91. 2003
..Increasing relative humidity improved printing performance by delaying pin failure but did not reduce the variability in spot characteristics...
- Microcontact printing of DNA molecules
Sebastian A Lange
Indigon GmbH, Sindelfingerstrasse 3, 72070 Tübingen, Germany
Anal Chem 76:1641-7. 2004
..Another drawback is that each DNA array is an original and has to be fabricated individually. Microcontact printing is a versatile technique to place proteins onto different target surfaces in uniformly patterned monolayers with ..
- Microcontact printing of proteins on oxygen plasma-activated poly(methyl methacrylate)
K E Schmalenberg
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, 610 Taylor Road, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Biomaterials 25:1851-7. 2004
This paper describes a method for microcontact printing protein solutions onto polymer substrates temporarily activated by oxygen plasma...
- Viability and electrophysiology of neural cell structures generated by the inkjet printing method
Department of Bioengineering, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
Biomaterials 27:3580-8. 2006
Complex cellular patterns and structures were created by automated and direct inkjet printing of primary embryonic hippocampal and cortical neurons...
- Effect of metal powder packing on the conductivity of nanometal ink
Nam Soo Kim
Center for Accelerated Applications at the Nanoscale, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Rapid City, SD 57701, USA
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:3902-5. 2007
..The effect of packing and various kinds of metal powders on the eventual conductivity of the final product of the ink has been described and discussed in this paper...
- Inkjet printing of transparent, electrically conducting single-walled carbon-nanotube composites
William R Small
Department of Chemistry, University of Hull, Hull, UK
Small 3:1500-3. 2007
- Edge transfer lithography using alkanethiol inks
Ruben B A Sharpe
MESA Institute for Nanotechnology, University of Twente, P O Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
Nano Lett 6:1235-9. 2006
..Anisotropically modified stamps are shown to combine the potential for very high-resolution patterning with the versatility and simplicity of microcontact printing.
- Production of radioactive quality assurance phantoms using a standard inkjet printer
J A van Staden
Department of Medical Physics G68, University of the Free State, PO Box 339, 9300 Bloemfontein, South Africa
Phys Med Biol 52:N329-37. 2007
..This study demonstrates that affordable phantoms can easily be created to evaluate system uniformity and resolution in any department where a standard PC and inkjet printer are available...
- Piezoelectric ink jet processing of materials for medical and biological applications
Dimatix Inc, Santa Clara, CA, USA
Biotechnol J 1:976-87. 2006
..Our results demonstrate that piezoelectric ink jet deposition is a powerful non-contact, non-destructive additive process for developing biosensors, cell culture systems, and other devices for medical and biological applications...
- Identification of 2,3-dimethyl-2,3-diisobutyl succinonitrile in laser printer emissions
Josefa M Barrero-Moreno
European Commission, Joint Research Centre, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection, Physical and Chemical Exposure Unit, Via Enrico Fermi 2749, 21027 Ispra, Italy
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 22:471-6. 2008
..was identified as the main volatile organic compound (>90%) emitted from laser printers during the printing process...
- The application of ink-jet technology for the coating and loading of drug-eluting stents
Peter J Tarcha
Department of Advanced Drug Delivery, Abbott Laboratories, D R43D, Bldg, AP4 2, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, North Chicago, IL 60064, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 35:1791-9. 2007
..These results indicate that ink-jet technology may provide significant improvement in drug loading efficiency over conventional coating methods...
- Biological laser printing of genetically modified Escherichia coli for biosensor applications
J A Barron
Biological Chemistry Section, Chemistry Division, Chemical Dynamics and Diagnostics Branch, Naval Research Laboratory, Bldg 207, 4555 Overlook Avenue SW, Washington, DC 20375, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 20:246-52. 2004
..We have developed a technique, biological laser printing or BioLP, which satisfies these requirements and has advantages over current technologies...
- Three-dimensional bioassembly tool for generating viable tissue-engineered constructs
Cynthia M Smith
Division of Biomedical Engineering, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5084, USA
Tissue Eng 10:1566-76. 2004
..These results indicate the potential for utilizing a direct-write, three-dimensional bioassembly tool to create viable, patterned tissue-engineered constructs...
- Ultra-high-throughput microarray generation and liquid dispensing using multiple disposable piezoelectric ejectors
Huangpin Ben Hsieh
Palo Alto Research Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Biomol Screen 9:85-94. 2004
The authors have constructed an array of 12 piezoelectric ejectors for printing biological materials. A single-ejector footprint is 8 mm in diameter, standing 4 mm high with 2 reservoirs totaling 76 micro L...
- Surface-enhanced resonance Raman scattering of black inkjet dyes in solution and in situ printed onto paper
R E Littleford
University of Strathclyde, Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, 295 Cathedral Street, Glasgow G1 1XL, Scotland, UK
Appl Spectrosc 57:977-83. 2003
..A comparison of SERRS from the dyes adsorbed onto silver particles in suspension and from the dyes on paper demonstrated a broadening of the chromophore into the red for both dyes and evidence of a structural change in one dye...
- Inkjet printer model-based halftoning
Je Ho Lee
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 1285, USA
IEEE Trans Image Process 14:674-89. 2005
..Experimental results generated with simulated printers and a real printer show that both IJ model-based DBS and IJ model-based TDED very effectively suppress IJ printer-induced artifacts...
- [Digital X-ray mammography: comparison of the image quality achievable with a wet laser imager, a dry infrared laser imager and a dry laser imager using direct thermography]
Institut und Poliklinik für Radiologische Diagnostik, Koln
Rofo 177:955-61. 2005
..To compare the image quality of digital X-ray mammographies obtained with wet imagers with that of standard dry imaging technology...
- Pollution-preventing anionic lithographic inks
Chandrakant S Maji
Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016, India
J Hazard Mater 105:103-19. 2003
Lithographic printing presses use aliphatic and aromatic solvents for cleaning various surfaces, which are coated with the ink. The conventional printing inks also contain volatile solvents...
- Health hazards of printmaking
CSF Printmaking Center, College of Sante Fe, New Mexico 87505, USA
Occup Med 16:557-61, iii. 2001
..This chapter explores hazardous exposures and health effects related to agents used in printmaking, such as inks, solvents, acids, and photochemicals. Preventive methods are also briefly addressed...
- A novel, disposable, screen-printed amperometric biosensor for glucose in serum fabricated using a water-based carbon ink
Centre for Research in Analytical, Materials, and Sensor Science, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of the West of England, Bristol BS16 1QY, UK
Biosens Bioelectron 21:712-8. 2005
..oxidase (GOD) and the electro-catalyst cobalt phthalocyanine were mixed with the carbon ink prior to the screen-printing process; therefore, biosensors are prepared in a one-step fabrication procedure...