Genomes and Genes
Summary: The premier bibliographic database of the NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE. MEDLINEÂ® (MEDLARS Online) is the primary subset of PUBMED and can be searched on NLM's Web site in PubMed or the NLM Gateway. MEDLINE references are indexed with MEDICAL SUBJECT HEADINGS (MeSH).
Publications322 found, 100 shown here
- Search filters for finding prognostic and diagnostic prediction studies in Medline to enhance systematic reviewsGeert Jan Geersing
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e32844. 2012..The aim of this paper was to validate and update two previously introduced search filters for finding prediction research in Medline: the Ingui filter and the Haynes Broad filter.
- Improving links between literature and biological data with text mining: a case study with GEO, PDB and MEDLINEAurélie Névéol
National Center for Biotechnology Information, US National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
Database (Oxford) 2012:bas026. 2012..Data sets are also being described by their authors in publications archived in literature databases such as MEDLINE and PubMed Central...
- PosMed (Positional Medline): prioritizing genes with an artificial neural network comprising medical documents to accelerate positional cloningYuko Yoshida
Bioinformatics and Systems Engineering Division, RIKEN 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 37:W147-52. 2009..comprising documental neurons (or 'documentrons') that represent each document contained in databases such as MEDLINE and OMIM...
- Why and how do journals retract articles? An analysis of Medline retractions 1988-2008Elizabeth Wager
Sideview, Princes Risborough, UK
J Med Ethics 37:567-70. 2011..Anecdotal evidence suggested a lack of consistency in journal policies and practices regarding retraction. In order to develop guidelines, we reviewed retractions in Medline to discover how and why articles were retracted.
- Comparison of top-performing search strategies for detecting clinically sound treatment studies and systematic reviews in MEDLINE and EMBASESharon S L Wong
School of Nutrition, Faculty of Community Services, Ryerson University, 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2K3 Canada
J Med Libr Assoc 94:451-5. 2006
- Medical subject headings used to search the biomedical literatureM H Coletti
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 8:317-23. 2001The National Library of Medicine's MEDLINE (MEDLARS Online) database was the first database to be searched nationwide via value-added telecommunication networks...
- CoPub: a literature-based keyword enrichment tool for microarray data analysisRaoul Frijters
Computational Drug Discovery CDD, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences NCMLS, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Nucleic Acids Res 36:W406-10. 2008b>Medline is a rich information source, from which links between genes and keywords describing biological processes, pathways, drugs, pathologies and diseases can be extracted...
- Understanding why evidence from randomised clinical trials may not be retrieved from Medline: comparison of indexed and non-indexed recordsL Susan Wieland
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Center for Integrative Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
BMJ 344:d7501. 2012To explore why reports that seem to describe randomised controlled trials are sometimes not indexed ("tagged") with RCT (randomised controlled trial) [pt] (publication type) in Medline. Design Cross sectional study.
- A comparison of handsearching versus MEDLINE searching to identify reports of randomized controlled trialsS Hopewell
The U K Cochrane Centre, Oxford, UK
Stat Med 21:1625-34. 2002This study aims to compare handsearching to a basic MEDLINE search for the identification of reports of randomized trials in specialized health care journals. Twenty-two specialized health care journals, published in the U.K...
- MedlineRanker: flexible ranking of biomedical literatureJean Fred Fontaine
Computational Biology and Data Mining Group, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, D 13125, Berlin, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 37:W141-6. 2009The biomedical literature is represented by millions of abstracts available in the Medline database. These abstracts can be queried with the PubMed interface, which provides a keyword-based Boolean search engine...
- Large-scale extraction of accurate drug-disease treatment pairs from biomedical literature for drug repurposingRong Xu
Medical Informatics Division, Case Western Reserve, Cleveland, OH, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 14:181. 2013..The large body of published biomedical research articles and clinical case reports available on MEDLINE is a rich source of FDA-approved drug-disease indication as well as drug-repurposing knowledge that is crucial ..
- A knowledge-driven conditional approach to extract pharmacogenomics specific drug-gene relationships from free textRong Xu
Medical Informatics Division, Case Western Reserve University, OH, USA
J Biomed Inform 45:827-34. 2012..developed a conditional relationship extraction approach to extract PGx-specific drug-gene pairs from 20 million MEDLINE abstracts using known drug-gene pairs as prior knowledge...
- Scientific authorships and collaboration network analysis on Chagas disease: papers indexed in PubMed (1940-2009)Gregorio González-Alcaide
Department of History of Science and Documentation Department, Universidad de Valencia, 15 Blasco Ibáñez Avenue, Valencia, Spain
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 54:219-28. 2012..We analyzed authorship of scientific documents on Chagas disease indexed in the Medline database from 1940 to 2009. Bibliometrics was used to analyze the evolution of collaboration patterns...
- Inclusion of methodological filters in searches for diagnostic test accuracy studies misses relevant studiesPenny Whiting
School of Social and Community Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 2PR, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 64:602-7. 2011To compare the performance of MEDLINE searches using index test(s) and target condition (subject searches) with the same searches combined with methodological filters for test accuracy studies.
- Literature mining, ontologies and information visualization for drug repurposingChristos Andronis
Research and Development, Biovista, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Brief Bioinform 12:357-68. 2011The immense growth of MEDLINE coupled with the realization that a vast amount of biomedical knowledge is recorded in free-text format, has led to the appearance of a large number of literature mining techniques aiming to extract ..
- Filtering Medline for a clinical discipline: diagnostic test assessment frameworkAmit X Garg
Division of Nephrology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada N6A 5C1
BMJ 339:b3435. 2009To develop and test a Medline filter that allows clinicians to search for articles within a clinical discipline, rather than searching the entire Medline database.
- Génie: literature-based gene prioritization at multi genomic scaleJean Fred Fontaine
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Str 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 39:W455-61. 2011..Common run times below a minute, even when analyzing the human genome with hundreds of thousands of literature records, allows the use of Génie in routine lab work...
- Should meta-analysts search Embase in addition to Medline?Margaret Sampson
Chalmers Research Group, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, 401 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON K1H 8L1, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 56:943-55. 2003..We identified meta-analyses that searched Medline and Embase...
- Use of methodological search filters to identify diagnostic accuracy studies can lead to the omission of relevant studiesM M G Leeflang
Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 59:234-40. 2006..To determine the usefulness of methodological filters in search strategies for diagnostic studies in systematic reviews...
- Discovering and visualizing indirect associations between biomedical conceptsYoshimasa Tsuruoka
School of Information Science, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology JAIST, Nomi, Japan
Bioinformatics 27:i111-9. 2011..Hence, we need a text-mining system that helps users explore various types of (possibly hidden) associations in an easy and comprehensible manner...
- Searching for clinical prediction rules in MEDLINEB J Ingui
Health Sciences Library, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 8:391-7. 2001..The objective of this study was to derive and validate an optimal search filter for retrieving clinical prediction rules, using the National Library of Medicine's MEDLINE database.
- Publications on diagnostic test evaluation in family medicine journals: an optimal search strategyW L Devillé
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Medical Faculty, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 53:65-9. 2000..searched from 1992 through 1995 for primary publications on diagnostic test evaluation by hand searching and a Medline search strategy published earlier...
- Biomedical publication--global profile and trendMahbubur Rahman
Department of General Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Public Health 117:274-80. 2003..Biomedical research articles published during 1990-2000 were accessed through the Medline database...
- Identifying diagnostic studies in MEDLINE: reducing the number needed to readLucas M Bachmann
University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Am Med Inform Assoc 9:653-8. 2002..The objective of this study was to construct and validate better search strategies to identify diagnostic articles recorded on MEDLINE with special emphasis on precision.
- An alternative to the hand searching gold standard: validating methodological search filters using relative recallMargaret Sampson
Chalmers Research Group, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Canada
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:33. 2006..We demonstrate the feasibility of using relative recall of included studies from multiple systematic reviews to validate methodological search filters as an alternative to validation against a gold standard formed through hand searching...
- A recent advance in the automatic indexing of the biomedical literatureAurélie Névéol
National Institutes of Health, US National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
J Biomed Inform 42:814-23. 2009..This is reflected in the corresponding increase in the size of MEDLINE, the largest bibliographic database of biomedical citations...
- MedScan, a natural language processing engine for MEDLINE abstractsSvetlana Novichkova
Ariadne Genomics, Inc, 9100 Great Seneca HWY, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Bioinformatics 19:1699-706. 2003..Most proposals to date make rather simplistic assumptions about the syntactic aspect of natural language. There is an urgent need for a system that has broad coverage and performs well in real-text applications...
- Novel protein-protein interactions inferred from literature contextHerman H H B M van Haagen
Biosemantics Association, Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, and Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 4:e7894. 2009..outperforms previously developed PPI prediction algorithms that rely on the conjunction of two protein names in MEDLINE abstracts...
- Biomedical publications in an unstable region: the Arab world, 1988-2002Ghazi Omar Tadmouri
Lancet 362:1766. 2003
- Constructing biological networks through combined literature mining and microarray analysis: a LMMA approachShao Li
Bioinformatics Division, TNLIST and Department of Automation, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Bioinformatics 22:2143-50. 2006..This work focuses on integrating both the literatures and microarray gene-expression data, and a combined literature mining and microarray analysis (LMMA) approach is developed to construct gene networks of a specific biological system...
- Overview of BioCreative II gene normalizationAlexander A Morgan
Biomedical Informatics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 94305, USA
Genome Biol 9:S3. 2008..II, the task was to list the Entrez Gene identifiers for human genes or gene products mentioned in PubMed/MEDLINE abstracts. We selected abstracts associated with articles previously curated for human genes...
- Search filters can find some but not all knowledge translation articles in MEDLINE: an analytic surveyK Ann McKibbon
Health Information Research Unit, Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, 137 CRL Building, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4K1
J Clin Epidemiol 65:651-9. 2012..The KT literature is difficult to find because of nonstandardized terminology, rapid evolution of the field, and it is spread across several domains. We created multiple search filters to retrieve KT articles from MEDLINE.
- MEDLINE, EMBASE, and Cochrane index most primary studies but not abstracts included in orthopedic meta-analysesGerard P Slobogean
Department of Orthopaedics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 62:1261-7. 2009To test the hypothesis that all primary studies used in orthopedic meta-analyses are indexed in MEDLINE or EMBASE.
- Degree centrality for semantic abstraction summarization of therapeutic studiesHan Zhang
Department of Medical Informatics, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
J Biomed Inform 44:830-8. 2011..Semantic MEDLINE, for example, summarizes semantic predications representing assertions in MEDLINE citations...
- Conducting systematic reviews of diagnostic studies: didactic guidelinesWalter L Deville
Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine EMGO Institute, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Med Res Methodol 2:9. 2002..Although guidelines for critical appraisal of diagnostic research and meta-analyses have already been published, these may be difficult to understand for clinical researchers or do not provide enough detailed information...
- Mining connections between chemicals, proteins, and diseases extracted from Medline annotationsNancy C Baker
School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Biomed Inform 43:510-9. 2010..We present an application that extracts terms indicating biological activity of chemicals from Medline records, associates them with chemical name and stores the terms in a repository called ChemoText...
- The US National Library of Medicine in the 21st century: expanding collections, nontraditional formats, new audiencesEve Marie Lacroix
National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
Health Info Libr J 19:126-32. 2002..b>medline, in the early 1970s, was the first large-scale online medical bibliographic reference system...
- Quantitative biomedical annotation using medical subject heading over-representation profiles (MeSHOPs)Warren A Cheung
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics at the Child and Family Research Institute, Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Bioinformatics 13:249. 2012b>MEDLINE®/PubMed® indexes over 20 million biomedical articles, providing curated annotation of its contents using a controlled vocabulary known as Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)...
- Selective exposure reporting and Medline indexing limited the search sensitivity for observational studies of the adverse effects of oral contraceptivesSusan Wieland
Department of Community Health, Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 58:560-7. 2005To explore development of possible approaches leading to a sensitive and precise Medline search to identify observational studies of the association between oral contraceptives and breast cancer, an adverse event.
- Harmonization of gene/protein annotations: towards a gold standard MEDLINEDavid Campos
University of Aveiro, IEETA DETI, Campus Universitario de Santiago, Aveiro, Portugal
Bioinformatics 28:1253-61. 2012..However, little effort has been spent on a systematic analysis of methods harmonizing the annotation results and measuring against a combination of Gold Standard Corpora (GSCs)...
- Developing optimal search strategies for detecting clinically relevant qualitative studies in MEDLINESharon S L Wong
Health Information Research Unit, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:311-6. 2004..To date, little work has been done on developing optimal search filters for retrieving qualitative studies. The current study extends our earlier work, on developing optimal search strategies, to include qualitative studies...
- Extraction of data deposition statements from the literature: a method for automatically tracking research resultsAurélie Névéol
National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland 20894, USA
Bioinformatics 27:3306-12. 2011..For this reason, it is important to be able to identify instances of data production and deposition for potential re-use. Herein, we report on the automatic identification of data deposition statements in research articles...
- Building a high-quality sense inventory for improved abbreviation disambiguationNaoaki Okazaki
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Bioinformatics 26:1246-53. 2010..Consequently, a list of expanded forms should be structured into a sense inventory, which provides possible concepts or senses for abbreviation disambiguation...
- Randomized trial for answers to clinical questions: evaluating a pre-appraised versus a MEDLINE search protocolManesh R Patel
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 94:382-7. 2006..The paper compares the speed, validity, and applicability of two different protocols for searching the primary medical literature...
- Biomedical text summarization to support genetic database curation: using Semantic MEDLINE to create a secondary database of genetic informationT Elizabeth Workman
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Utah, 26 S 2000 E, HSEB 5700, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 98:273-81. 2010..The system is a potential component of an advanced biomedical information management application called Semantic MEDLINE and could assist librarians in developing secondary databases of genetic information extracted from the primary ..
- Electronic search strategies to identify reports of cluster randomized trials in MEDLINE: low precision will improve with adherence to reporting standardsMonica Taljaard
Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa, Canada
BMC Med Res Methodol 10:15. 2010..efficient electronic search strategies (filters or hedges) to identify trials in electronic databases such as MEDLINE. According to the CONSORT statement extension to CRTs, the clustered design should be clearly identified in ..
- Is searching full text more effective than searching abstracts?Jimmy Lin
National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 10:46. 2009..text more effective than searching abstracts? This question is answered by comparing text retrieval algorithms on MEDLINE abstracts, full-text articles, and spans (paragraphs) within full-text articles using data from the TREC 2007 ..
- MedEvi: retrieving textual evidence of relations between biomedical concepts from MedlineJung Jae Kim
EMBL EBI, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB101SD, UK
Bioinformatics 24:1410-2. 2008Search engines running on MEDLINE abstracts have been widely used by biologists to find publications that are related to their research...
- Beyond the clause: extraction of phosphorylation information from medline abstractsM Narayanaswamy
AU KBC Research Centre, Anna University Chennai, India
Bioinformatics 21:i319-27. 2005..ELM database. The new methods developed to merge pieces of information from different sentences are shown to be effective in significantly raising the recall without much difference in precision...
- Identifying observational studies of surgical interventions in MEDLINE and EMBASECynthia Fraser
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Health Sciences Building, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:41. 2006..This can result in the retrieval of a large number of irrelevant records. Methodological filters would help to minimise this, making literature searching more efficient...
- The structural and content aspects of abstracts versus bodies of full text journal articles are differentK Bretonnel Cohen
Department of Pharmacology, Center for Computational Pharmacology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 11:492. 2010..However, until now there has been no comprehensive characterization of how the bodies of full text journal articles differ from the abstracts that until now have been the subject of most biomedical text mining research...
- Comparative experiments on learning information extractors for proteins and their interactionsRazvan Bunescu
Department of Computer Sciences, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Artif Intell Med 33:139-55. 2005..attractive for extracting data relevant to genes of the human genome from the 11 million abstracts in Medline. However, extraction efforts have been frustrated by the lack of conventions for describing human genes and ..
- A coherent graph-based semantic clustering and summarization approach for biomedical literature and a new summarization evaluation methodIllhoi Yoo
Department of Health Management and Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 8:S4. 2007A huge amount of biomedical textual information has been produced and collected in MEDLINE for decades...
- Optimal search strategies for retrieving systematic reviews from Medline: analytical surveyVictor M Montori
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
BMJ 330:68. 2005To develop optimal search strategies in Medline for retrieving systematic reviews.
- A method for finding communities of related genesDennis M Wilkinson
Stanford University and HP Laboratories, 1501 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, CA 94394, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:5241-8. 2004..In this paper, we explain the details of the method, in particular the partitioning process. We also apply the method to produce communities of genes related to colon cancer and show that the results are useful...
- In search of evidence: family practitioners' use of the Internet for clinical informationRowena J Cullen
School of Information Management, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
J Med Libr Assoc 90:370-9. 2002....
- Mining MEDLINE for implicit links between dietary substances and diseasesPadmini Srinivasan
School of Library and Information Science, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Bioinformatics 20:i290-6. 2004..In particular, we use it to discover novel uses for Curcuma longa, a dietary substance, which is highly regarded for its therapeutic properties in Asia...
- FACTA: a text search engine for finding associated biomedical conceptsYoshimasa Tsuruoka
School of Computer Science, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Bioinformatics 24:2559-60. 2008FACTA is a text search engine for MEDLINE abstracts, which is designed particularly to help users browse biomedical concepts (e.g...
- Beyond MEDLINE for literature searchesVicki S Conn
Sinclair School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 35:177-82. 2003..To describe strategies for a comprehensive literature search...
- PubMeth: a cancer methylation database combining text-mining and expert annotationMaté Ongenaert
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Laboratory for Bioinformatics and Computational Genomics, Ghent University, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Nucleic Acids Res 36:D842-6. 2008..The database is freely accessible at http://www.pubmeth.org. PubMeth is based on text-mining of Medline/PubMed abstracts, combined with manual reading and annotation of preselected abstracts...
- RelEx--relation extraction using dependency parse treesKatrin Fundel
Institut fur Informatik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Amalienstrasse 17, 80333 München, Germany
Bioinformatics 23:365-71. 2007..g. physical or regulatory interactions between genes and proteins. Most interactions mentioned in the free text of biomedical publications are not yet contained in structured databases...
- A bibliometric study of scientific literature on obesity research in PubMed (1988-2007)J Vioque
Departamento de Salud Publica, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Obes Rev 11:603-11. 2010..We used Medline via the PubMed online service of the US National Library of Medicine from 1988 to 2007...
- Optimized retrieval of primary care clinical prediction rules from MEDLINE to establish a Web-based registerClaire Keogh
Department of General Practice, Health Research Board Centre for Primary Care Research, RCSI Medical School, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Clin Epidemiol 64:848-60. 2011..This study aims to identify a search filter to optimize retrieval of these to establish a register of CPRs for the Cochrane Primary Health Care field...
- pubmed2ensembl: a resource for mining the biological literature on genesJoachim Baran
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e24716. 2011..For a limited number of model organisms dedicated teams manually curate publications about genes; however for species with no such dedicated staff many thousands of articles are never mapped to genes or genomic regions...
- Variations in Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) mapping: from the natural language of patron terms to the controlled vocabulary of mapped listsLora V Gault
The Library, Purdue University Calumet, Hammond, Indiana 46323 2590, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 90:173-80. 2002This study compared the mapping of natural language patron terms to the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) across six MeSH interfaces for the MEDLINE database.
- SLIM: an alternative Web interface for MEDLINE/PubMed searches - a preliminary studyMichael Muin
Office of High Performance Computing and Communications, National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, Maryland 20894, USA
- Precision and recall of search strategies for identifying studies on return-to-work in MedlineJean Francois Gehanno
Institute of Occupational Health, Rouen University Hospital, 1 rue de Germont, 76000, Rouen, France
J Occup Rehabil 19:223-30. 2009The purpose of this study was to report on the qualities of various search strategies and keywords to find return to work (RTW) studies in the Medline bibliographic database.
- MEDLINE versus EMBASE and CINAHL for telemedicine searchesKambiz Bahaadinbeigy
Lions Eye Institute, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Telemed J E Health 16:916-9. 2010..Medical Literature Analysis and Retrieval System Online (MEDLINE), Excerpta Medica Database (EMBASE), and Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) are ..
- Enhancing MEDLINE document clustering by incorporating MeSH semantic similarityShanfeng Zhu
Shanghai Key Lab of Intelligent Information Processing, Fudan University, School of Computer Science, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
Bioinformatics 25:1944-51. 2009Clustering MEDLINE documents is usually conducted by the vector space model, which computes the content similarity between two documents by basically using the inner-product of their word vectors...
- Searching the MEDLINE literature database through PubMed: a short guideEdith Motschall
Institut für Medizinische Biometrie und Medizinische Informatik, Universitat Freiburg, Germany
Onkologie 28:517-22. 2005The Medline database from the National Library of Medicine (NLM) contains more than 12 million bibliographic citations from over 4,600 international biomedical journals...
- Automatically identifying health outcome information in MEDLINE recordsDina Demner-Fushman
Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 13:52-60. 2006..This study presents a methodology for automatic identification of outcomes-related information in medical text and evaluates its potential in satisfying clinical information needs related to health care outcomes...
- Knowledge discovery by automated identification and ranking of implicit relationshipsJonathan D Wren
Advanced Center for Genome Technology, Department of Botany and Microbiology, The University of Oklahoma, 620 Parrington Oval Rm 106, Norman, OK 73019, USA
Bioinformatics 20:389-98. 2004....
- Concept-based query expansion for retrieving gene related publications from MEDLINESergio Matos
Institute of Electronics and Telematics Engineering of Aveiro IEETA, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
BMC Bioinformatics 11:212. 2010..To tackle this, several tools have been proposed to provide alternative solutions for specific user requests...
- Sensitivity and precision of adverse effects search filters in MEDLINE and EMBASE: a case study of fractures with thiazolidinedionesSu Golder
Centre for Reviews and Dissemination CRD, University of York, York, UK
Health Info Libr J 29:28-38. 2012Search filters have been developed in MEDLINE and EMBASE to help overcome the challenges of searching electronic databases for information on adverse effects. However, little evaluation of their effectiveness has been carried out.
- MEDLINE-based assessment of animal studies on Chinese herbal medicineNoelia Tejedor Garcia
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Alcala, Madrid, Spain
J Ethnopharmacol 140:545-9. 2012..ETHNO-PHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE: The scientific proof and clinical validation of Chinese herbal medicine (CHM) require a rigorous approach that includes chemical standardization, biological assays, animal studies and clinical trials...
- Inter-species normalization of gene mentions with GNATJörg Hakenberg
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287, USA
Bioinformatics 24:i126-132. 2008....
- Evaluating relevance ranking strategies for MEDLINE retrievalZhiyong Lu
NCBI NLM NIH, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 16:32-6. 2009..the retrieval effectiveness of relevance ranking strategies on a collection of 55 queries and about 160,000 MEDLINE((R)) citations used in the 2006 and 2007 Text Retrieval Conference (TREC) Genomics Tracks...
- Textpresso: an ontology-based information retrieval and extraction system for biological literatureHans Michael Muller
Division of Biology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA
PLoS Biol 2:e309. 2004..Textpresso can be accessed at http://www.textpresso.org or via WormBase at http://www.wormbase.org...
- The performance of adverse effects search filters in MEDLINE and EMBASESu Golder
Centre for Reviews and Dissemination CRD, University of York, York, UK
Health Info Libr J 29:141-51. 2012Search filters can potentially improve the efficiency of searches involving electronic databases such as medline and embase...
- Analysis of the leprosy literature indexed in Medline (1950-2007)Dirk Schoonbaert
Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
Lepr Rev 79:387-400. 2008Some 19 201 leprosy-related articles were identified in the Medline database for the period 1950-2007...
- Search filters to identify geriatric medicine in MedlineEsther M M van de Glind
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Geriatric Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:468-72. 2012To create user-friendly search filters with high sensitivity, specificity, and precision to identify articles on geriatric medicine in Medline.
- Search strategies to identify diagnostic accuracy studies in MEDLINE and EMBASERebecca Beynon
School of Social and Community Medicine, Canynge Hall, 39 Whatley Road, Bristol, UK, BS8 2PS
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 9:MR000022. 2013..The current guidance for Cochrane DTA reviews recommends against the addition of a methodological search filter to target condition and index test search, as the only search approach...
- Development of a heart failure filter for Medline: an objective approach using evidence-based clinical practice guidelines as an alternative to hand searchingRaechel A Damarell
Department of Palliative and Supportive Services, Flinders University, South Australia, Australia
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:12. 2011..This study developed and validated a search filter of high clinical utility for the retrieval of heart failure articles in OvidSP Medline.
- Bibliometric analysis of leishmaniasis research in Medline (1945-2010)Jose M Ramos
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
Parasit Vectors 6:55. 2013..Leishmaniasis is considered endemic in 98 countries, most of which are developing. This article describes a bibliometric review of the literature on leishmaniasis research indexed in PubMed during a 66-year period...
- Developing an NLP and IR-based algorithm for analyzing gene-disease relationshipsY T Yen
Graduate Institute of Medical Informatics, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Methods Inf Med 45:321-9. 2006....
- Design and validation of an automated method to detect known adverse drug reactions in MEDLINE: a contribution from the EU-ADR projectPaul Avillach
LESIM, ISPED, University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Am Med Inform Assoc 20:446-52. 2013..the search of publications concerning adverse drug reactions (ADR) by defining the queries used to search MEDLINE and by determining the required threshold for the number of extracted publications to confirm the drug/event ..
- Developing a sensitive search strategy in MEDLINE to retrieve studies on assessment of the diagnostic performance of imaging techniquesMargaret P Astin
Health Services Research Unit, Health Sciences Building, School of Medicine, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland
Radiology 247:365-73. 2008To prospectively develop a search strategy in MEDLINE for identifying studies on the diagnostic performance of any imaging modality, with maximized and minimized retrieval of relevant and irrelevant studies, respectively.
- Searching for high-quality articles about intervention studies in occupational health--what is really missed when using only the Medline database?Laetitia Rollin
Service de Médecine du Travail, Rouen University Hospital, 1 rue de Germont, Rouen, France
Scand J Work Environ Health 36:484-7. 2010..Although it has been demonstrated that the use of Medline alone does not ensure comprehensiveness, many experts rely solely on this database...
- Search filter precision can be improved by NOTing out irrelevant contentNancy L Wilczynski
Health Information Research Unit, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2011:1506-13. 2011Most methodologic search filters developed for use in large electronic databases such as MEDLINE have low precision. One method that has been proposed but not tested for improving precision is NOTing out irrelevant content.
- Knowledge map of artemisinin research in SCI and Medline databaseQiang Yao
School of Medicine and Health Management, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Vector Borne Dis 49:205-16. 2012..In this paper, knowledge map of artemisinin research was drawn to provide some information for global researchers interested in artemisinin and its relevant references...
- [Handsearching for randomized controlled clinical trials in German medical journals]A Blümle
Deutsches Cochrane Zentrum, Institut für Medizinische Biometrie und Medizinische Informatik, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Stefan Meier Strasse 26, 79104 Freiburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 133:230-4. 2008..An additional search in medical journals which are not listed in electronic databases is necessary to obtain greater search completeness...
- Efficient bibliographic searches on allergology using PubMedJ M Sáez Gómez
Department of Social and Health Sciences University of Murcia Medical School Spain
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 35:264-75. 2007..Although it can be used as an unique Data Base, as a matter of fact is the addition of several subgroups (among them MEDLINE) that can be searched simultaneously.
- Information-seeking behavior of health sciences faculty: the impact of new information technologiesK L Curtis
Library of the Health Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago 60612, USA
Bull Med Libr Assoc 85:402-10. 1997..5% continued to use the print resources, 68.0% of faculty accessed MEDLINE through electronic means...
- How well do search filters perform in identifying economic evaluations in MEDLINE and EMBASEJulie Glanville
Information Services, York Health Economics Consortium, York, UK
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 25:522-9. 2009..As well as searching economic evaluation databases, researchers often search MEDLINE and EMBASE, using search filters whose current performance is unclear...
- Finding translational science publications in MEDLINE/PubMed with translational science filtersPaul Fontelo
National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Transl Sci 4:455-9. 2011Translational Science Search (TSS; http://tscience.nlm.nih.gov) is a web application for finding MEDLINE/PubMed journal articles that are regarded by their authors as novel, promising, or may have potential clinical application...
- Search terms and a validated brief search filter to retrieve publications on health-related values in Medline: a word frequency analysis studyMila Petrova
Egenis ESRC Centre for Genomics in Society, University of Exeter, Exeter, UK
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:479-88. 2012..Research on such issues may be difficult to retrieve. This study used word frequency analysis to generate a broad pool of search terms and a brief filter to facilitate relevant searches in bibliographic databases...
- A method of cross-lingual consumer health information retrievalAurélie Névéol
Equipe GCSIS, Laboratoire PSI INSA and Université de Rouen, France
Stud Health Technol Inform 124:601-8. 2006..This paper presents a method of cross-language information retrieval aiming to make medical information available to patients in French and English, regardless of the query language they wish to use...
- How to find evidence when you need it, part 2: a clinician's guide to MEDLINE: the basicsPatricia E Gallagher
Library of The New York Academy of Medicine, New York, NY
Ann Emerg Med 39:436-40. 2002
- Search strategies-identified reports on "off-label" drug use in MEDLINEBita Mesgarpour
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University Vienna, General Hospital, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Clin Epidemiol 65:827-34. 2012We developed search strategies that facilitate the identification of studies on "off-label" drug use in the bibliographic database OvidSP MEDLINE.
- An update on Uniform Resource Locator (URL) decay in MEDLINE abstracts and measures for its mitigationErick Ducut
Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda MD, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 8:23. 2008..This paper addresses this issue by examining the status of the URLs published in MEDLINE abstracts, establishing current availability and estimating URL decay in these records from 1994 to 2006...
- URL decay in MEDLINE--a 4-year follow-up studyJonathan D Wren
Arthritis and Immunology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation 825 N E 13th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104 5005, USA
Bioinformatics 24:1381-5. 2008..Thus, a reexamination of URL growth and decay in the literature is merited to see if the problem has grown or been mitigated by any of these changes...
- Interactive Medline Search Engine Integrating External InformationFan Meng; Fiscal Year: 2013..high throughput data through literature and database explorations that aim at hypothesis development: Overview of Medline search results in familiar biological contexts to facilitate exploration: Presenting the search results in ..
- Mapping Cerebellar Development in Time and SpaceKristin M Hamre; Fiscal Year: 2010..graph theoretical approaches to the identification of cliques in expression data, and latent semantic indexing of Medline references to mine data on the patterns, both in time and space, of expressed genes and cellular phenotypes...
- Central Cholinergic System, Its History &Current StatusALEXANDER KARCZMAR; Fiscal Year: 2002..of pertinent books, research papers and reviews, his ongoing contacts with the leaders in the field, the use of Medline and of ProCite systems for updating and organizing his bibliographies, and the services of the Loyola U...
- NEVADA HEALTH SCIENCE INFORMATION ACCESS PROGRAMNancy Rody; Fiscal Year: 1991..Health care providers, participating rural hospitals and other agencies will use the CAMIL workstation to search MEDLINE and other NLM data bases, and will use Loansome Doc for requesting journal articles...
- A Bridge Between the Academic and Clinical Setting: Evi*Rebecca Craik; Fiscal Year: 2003..Obstacles preventing health care providers from using databases such as PubMed or Medline to answer clinical questions include: lack of access to Internet, lack of skills to search databases effectively, ..
- Training Grant in Digestive Diseases and Liver DiseasesArun J Sanyal; Fiscal Year: 2013..5 million. Over the last ten years, the faculty have published 907 medline-indexed papers;the average impact factor of papers published by members of the division of gastroenterology is 17...
- The Shape of Income and MortalityGeorge Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2009..For example, according to a MEDLINE search, well over 700 articles on the association between income and mortality have appeared since 1990, not ..
- Duplicate Article/Plagiarism DiscoveryHarold Garner; Fiscal Year: 2009..with high sensitivity and specificity putative duplicate/plagiarized articles by systematically comparing each Medline abstract (or abstract in review) to all other Medline records...
- Digital Library for Idaho Rural Healthcare ProfessionalsMARCIA FRANCIS; Fiscal Year: 2003..of electronic knowledge-based resources, emphasizing products of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) such as MEDLINE@/PubMed(r), TOXNET@, Loansome Doc(r), Clinical Trials.gov, MEDLINEplus(r), and PubMed CentraF M...
- Digital Liberary Access-Rural Taylor County, KentuckyMICHELE DICKENS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim 2: To provide online access to free databases and electronic resources such as NLM's MEDLINE and to subscription databases such as OVID, MDConsult, the Kentucky Virtual Library, and Stat!Ref for 35 staff ..
- The Status and Future of Acupuncture Research: 10 Years Post-NIH Consensus ConferLixing Lao; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstracts of all keynote talks and invited oral and poster presentations will be published in the Medline- indexed Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine...
- META ANALYSIS OF CLINICAL INFORMATION SERVICE TRIALSE Balas; Fiscal Year: 2001..g., MEDLINE, CINAHL, HEALTH), manual searches (unindexed publications, reference lists), extended intervention searches, and ..
- INTEGRATED LIBRARY SYSTEM PROJECT WITH REMOTE ACCESSDEBORAH SKOLNIK; Fiscal Year: 1991..Currently, the hospital library provides three computer CD-ROM databases for end users: MEDLINE, HEALTH, and CINAHL; and is linked to three on-line database vendors: DIALOG, BRS, and MEDLARS...
- OAMiner: Integrative Knowledge Anchored Hypothesis DiscoveryMETIN NAFI GURCAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..bio-medical literature accessed by both conventional text mining and NLP analyses of articles as found in the Medline database and associated full text repositories;2) publically available ontologies included in the National ..
- END USER TRAINING IN CD ROM FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALSMARTA COSCULLUELA; Fiscal Year: 1990..Short-term objectives are to: establish a computer station for end-user searches via CD-Plus/MEDLINE accessible 24 hrs/ day, 7 days/week; develop a training module and related materials emphasizing effective search ..
- ENHANCED INFORMATION ACCESS FOR RURAL NORTH IDAHOMARCIA HORNER; Fiscal Year: 1991..The GRATEFUL MED software will provide unmediated access to the MEDLINE databases. The diagnostic software will help to provide 24 hour diagnostic assistance to physicians...
- Improving Meta-Analysis of Diagnostic Test StudiesChristopher Schmid; Fiscal Year: 2004..by: 1) abstracting outcome and covariate information from all meta-analyses of diagnostic tests listed in Medline as published since 1990; 2) developing and extending Bayesian multilevel random effects regression models and ..
- Correcting the Literature After Scienctific MisconductANNE NEALE; Fiscal Year: 2003..2) Conduct searches in MEDLINE-based bibliographic and citation databases to determine the extent to which errata, corrections and retractions (..
- Creation of a Library PortalMARY SARAMAK; Fiscal Year: 2003..Through the National Library of Medicine there is access to PubMed, Medline Plus, NLM Gateway, PubMed Central, Consumer Health, DOCLINE, and Loansome Dec; through New York State's ..
- CLINICAL SEARCH RETRIEVAL FROM FOUR ELECTRONIC DATABASESR Haynes; Fiscal Year: 2007..and scientifically sound reports from large, general purpose, biomedical research bibliographic databases such as MEDLINE. The purpose of the search strategies is 1) to assist health care providers to do their own searches; 2) to help ..
- EVALUATION OF OPERATING CHARACTERISTICS AND CLINICAL USER Haynes; Fiscal Year: 1991..For example, MEDLINE (from the U.S...
- REGISTRY AND ANALYSIS OF COMPUTER TRIALS IN PRIMARY CAREE Balas; Fiscal Year: 1993..Several methods will be combined to ensure completeness: (a) MEDLINE and other database searches with various strategies, (b) hand search of selected books, before 1966 journals, ..
- Access to the Medical Literature for Public HealthMichael Lischke; Fiscal Year: 2003..Objectives: 1. Provide online access to PubMed (Medline) and other National Library of Medicine databases to underserved Public Health and Mental Health organizations in ..
- Rural Hospital Electronic Library of Michigan (RHELM)Stephanie John; Fiscal Year: 2003..include purchasing and installing necessary equipment, utilizing free and low cost subscription services (PubMed, MEDLINE, etc...
- Encoding Semantic Knowledge in Vector Space for Biomedical InformationTrevor Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2011..model which encodes knowledge in the form of object-relation-object triplets (or predications) extracted from MEDLINE by the SemRep system, into vector space...
- Internet Access to Digital Libraries for Shelter, IncEDGAR SHERK; Fiscal Year: 2002..Educate and familiarize Shelter's 60-member staff with National Library of Medicine resources, such as Medline, federal and private databases, and direct role-health services...
- NEUROTOXIN DISCOVERY PLATFORM - DRUGS OF ABUSEFrank Zemlan; Fiscal Year: 2004..In the year 2000 Medline indicates there were 4,254 studies published in these areas for an estimated annual market size of $4...
- HEALTHIER NORTHWOODS PEOPLE INFORMATION SYSTEMS PROJECTSUZANNE MATTHEW; Fiscal Year: 2001..primary care providers in our rural communities, using a clinical librarian model, 4) Ongoing health professional education to improve Internet and MEDLINE search skills, including introductory workshops at new sites.
- Improving PubMed by Fast, Interactive SearchChen Li; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The MEDLINE database (used by the service at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/) has more than 18 million publication entries, with a total size of almost 75GB when stored as XML files...
- BOSTON UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CAMPUS/BOSTON HEALTHNET INTERNDavid Ginn; Fiscal Year: 2001..secured, (3) facilitate access by clinical staff, residents and students at the CHCs to NLM?s databases including MEDLINE, AIDSLINE and other resources available via Internet Grateful Med or PubMed, as well as to the Internet, (4) ..
- Internet Access to the Medical & Family LibrariesDeborah Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2001..institution and remotely; 3) Enable all CNMC staff and patient families to have easy access to databases such as MEDLINE, MEDLINEplus and LOCATORplus from the hospital, community office, bedside, home and anywhere on the globe; 4) ..
- Connecting Chicago Health Outreach to the InternetCECILIA MORALES; Fiscal Year: 2001..staff with training in the location and application of Internet-based health resources, including Pub Med, Medline, the Na6tional Guideline Clearinghouse, and ClinicalTrials...
- TAS::75 0849::TAS SYSTEM TO ANALYZE AND SUPPORT BIOMARKER RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMEMichael Liang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The 2,116 biomarker genes mined from IBM Medline Abstracts and manually curated by PhD...
- BROOKS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL CONNECTION PROJECTRICHARD KETCHAM; Fiscal Year: 2001..availability and instant access to the most up to date medical information, including medical databases such as Medline Plus, PubMed, Internet Grateful Med and MEDLARS...
- REPRESENTING BIOLOGICAL DATA FOR MOLECULAR MODELINGRuss Altman; Fiscal Year: 2000..a standardized representation of the primary data relevant to the structure of the 30S subunit, (2) links to the Medline references reporting these data and the special purpose databases containing ribosomal sequences and secondary ..
- ICTVdB: The Universal Virus Information SystemLois Blaine; Fiscal Year: 2004..of the comprehensive descriptions of human and animal pathogenic viruses with external resources such as MEDLINE, GenBank, and other biomedical data resources will provide the scientific community with a comprehensive set of ..
- Biomedical Literature Alert ServiceDMITRY MOZZHERIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is useful for people who repeatedly perform the same search at the Medline or PubMed database. BioMail allows one to refine and to save the searches once...
- Veterans Affairs Nationwide Palliative Care NetworkVYJEYANTHI PERIYAKOIL; Fiscal Year: 2005..VA wide web links to local, state and national education recourses and databases including (but not limited to) MEDLINE and MEDLINEPLUS...
- EVALUATION OF BOTANICALS FOR H .PYLORI INFECTIONSGail Mahady; Fiscal Year: 2002..of high priority botanicals for testing will be generated based on data analysis from the Napralertsm database, Medline, German Commission E Monographs and other data sources...
- LINGUISTIC ANALYSIS OF VARIANT EXPRESSIONS IN MEDLINEAmy Warner; Fiscal Year: 1993..from empirical linguistics to the descriptive analysis of patterns in a sample of descriptors and documents in Medline. The guiding principles of the method are that it produce sets of textual elements which are linguistically ..
- South Alabama Medical Network Digital Library (SAMNet)Jie Li; Fiscal Year: 2003..both free and for subscription, especially the products of National Library of Medicine, including PubMed/MEDLINE, NLM Gateway, ClinicalTrials.gov, MEDLINEPlus and Loansome Doc. 3...
- Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory Internet ConnJohn Forrest; Fiscal Year: 2001..3) To enable access to large databases including the NLM Medline, GenBank, Swiss-Prot, and basic BLAST...
- INTERNET/NLM TRAINING FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALSKery Hummel; Fiscal Year: 2000..will train health practitioners in using the Internet and National Library of Medicine Services such as PubMed, MEDLINE plus, and Loansome Doc...
- 4--States InfoSystem:Health Information NetworkCHARLES CRANFORD; Fiscal Year: 2004..population by planning and creating a Consumer Health Library with books, video tapes, patient information from Medline Plus, and stationary and mobile kiosks...
- SHARED HOSPITAL ELECTRONIC LIBRARY OF SOUTHERN INDIANA 2MARGARET RICHWINE; Fiscal Year: 2001..The project will provide training on the use of MEDLINE and these resources...
- FactLine: Health Facts About the Poor and UnderservedVIRGINIA BRENNAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..means of embedded search mechanisms that will trigger searches of either professional medical literature (via a MEDLINE search) or of the mass media (such as Science Times, Newsweek, or Health magazines)...
- MANGMT OF INFO RES ON THERAPEUTIC AGENTS OR HIV & HERNLARRY CALLAHAN; Fiscal Year: 1999..Utilize electronic access to computerized data information systems such as CAS-ONLINE, DIALOG, MEDLINE, and published abstract services...
- DUBOIS COMPUTER NETWORKKathleen Scott; Fiscal Year: 1991..computer network would use the equipment to connect with the National Library of Medicine, using the database Medline. We also are very interested in connecting with Doeline system for interlibrary loans...
- PILOT SITE STUDY OF A JOURNAL ARTICLE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMJohn Nelson; Fiscal Year: 1993..may be used as a "stand-alone" in practice locations without access to computer technology, or as a bridge to MEDLINE searches at sites with access to electronic bibliographic systems (Grateful Med)...
- HAN Digital Library of Electronic Resources and ServicesTHEA CHESLEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..e-mail or electronic transmission; online databases (in addition to 16 available now via IDPH Intranet, including MEDLINE), some full-text; user workstations for in-library access to databases and other library materials in electronic ..
- GUIDE TO SUBSTANCE ABUSE & MENTAL HEALTH WEBSITEST Tanner; Fiscal Year: 2001..guide will also catalogue support for features other than content such as Q&A, bulletin boards, chat, news, MEDLINE searches, email lists, and screening forms...
- DOMOIC ACID, NEONATAL MICROGLIA AND NEURODEVELOPMENTAlejandro Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2000..are thus less well understood because the effect of DOM on neonatal glia, in particular BMphi is totally unknown (Medline, January 1999). We therefore propose the following working hypothesis: ".....
- Healthy MindsJILL METCALF; Fiscal Year: 2004..teachers and staff will be trained to effectively access National Library of Medicine (NLM) databases, including MedLine Plus and PubMed, and other online resources...
- Finding Quality Alternative Medicine InformationT Tanner; Fiscal Year: 2001..The guide will also catalogue support for features such as Q&A, bulletin boards, chat, news, MEDLINE searches, email lists, and screening forms...
- BIBLIOGRAPHIC TERATOLOGY/DEVELOPMENT TOXICOLOGY DATANANCY KAELBER; Fiscal Year: 1992..The database will be created, in part, using a subset of MEDLINE records...
- SUPPLEMENTAL GRANT HEALTH SCIENCE INFORMATION NETWORKLARRY BESANT; Fiscal Year: 1992The project proposes to establish direct access to MEDLINE, using Grateful Med software, and to DOCLINE for each library of a six=member consortium in rural Eastern Kentucky...
- END-USER SEARCH SERVICE USING CD-ROM MEDLINERuth Holst; Fiscal Year: 1991..Specific aims of the grant are to install the computer equipment, acquire MEDLINE on CD-ROM, prepare the library staff for training end-users, measure the effectiveness of the training, and reach ..
- NATURAL LANGUAGE RETRIEVAL FOR MEDICAL TEXTSEDWIN ADDISON; Fiscal Year: 1993..Texts to be included in the test database are MEDLINE, research and grant proposals, and research papers or textbooks...
- Using citation data to improve retrieval from MEDLINEElmer Bernstam; Fiscal Year: 2006..is that techniques pioneered on the World Wide Web (WWW) can be successfully adapted to the combination of MEDLINE and the Science Citation Index (SCI) to improve information retrieval...
- Rio Arriba Family Care Network Wireless ProjectJOHN USSERY; Fiscal Year: 2002..Training in the use of Medline and other provider resources will be done by Barbara Hau, a National Library of Medicine fellow working with the ..
- LLSF MAPPING FOR INDEXING AND RETRIEVAL OF MEDLINEYiming Yang; Fiscal Year: 1999..a novel approach, the Linear Least Squares Fit (LLSF) mapping, to document indexing and document retrieval of the MEDLINE database...
- EVIDENCE BASED HEALTH CARE WORKSHOPPhoebe Barton; Fiscal Year: 1999..An introductory workshop on how to use Medline, the Cochrane Library, Best Evidence, AHCPR's GUIDELINES website, CONQUEST, and other databases and Internet ..
- Border Health Education Internet AccessEDOUARD ATANGANA; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., Spanish); (2) Educate current local promotoras to use NLM services and Medline Plus as a primary source for reliable consumer health information on major diseases/conditions and train ..
- Author Name Disambiguation in MedlineNEIL SMALHEISER; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have created a probabilistic model of how the attributes of Medline articles vary across authors, and hypothesize that this can serve as the basis for disambiguating author names in ..