Genomes and Genes
international classification of diseases
Summary: A system of categories to which morbid entries are assigned according to established criteria. Included is the entire range of conditions in a manageable number of categories, grouped to facilitate mortality reporting. It is produced by the World Health Organization (From ICD-10, p1). The Clinical Modifications, produced by the UNITED STATES DEPT. OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, are larger extensions used for morbidity and general epidemiological purposes, primarily in the U.S.
Publications334 found, 100 shown here
- Coding algorithms for defining comorbidities in ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative dataHude Quan
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Med Care 43:1130-9. 2005..Recognizing this, we conducted a multistep process to develop ICD-10 coding algorithms to define Charlson and Elixhauser comorbidities in administrative data and assess the performance of the resulting algorithms...
- Validity of International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification Codes for Acute Renal FailureSushrut S Waikar
Renal Division and Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:1688-94. 2006..The performance characteristics of International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM) codes for ARF were assessed against serum ..
- Measuring diagnoses: ICD code accuracyKimberly J O'Malley
Pearson Educational Mearsurement, Austin, TX 78758, USA
Health Serv Res 40:1620-39. 2005To examine potential sources of errors at each step of the described inpatient International Classification of Diseases (ICD) coding process.
- Comparison of the Elixhauser and Charlson/Deyo methods of comorbidity measurement in administrative dataDanielle A Southern
Department of Community Health Sciences and The Centre for Health and Policy Studies, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Med Care 42:355-60. 2004..However, a new method defined by Elixhauser et al. has been introduced recently and could be superior, although it has not been validated widely...
- Assessing validity of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data in recording clinical conditions in a unique dually coded databaseHude Quan
Department of Community Health Sciences and Centre for Health and Policy Studies, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Dr NW, Calgary, AB T2N4N1, Canada
Health Serv Res 43:1424-41. 2008....
- Accuracy of ICD-9-CM codes for identifying cardiovascular and stroke risk factorsElena Birman-Deych
Division of General Medical Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Med Care 43:480-5. 2005..We sought to determine which ICD-9-CM codes in Medicare Part A data identify cardiovascular and stroke risk factors...
- Quality of diagnosis and procedure coding in ICD-10 administrative dataToni Henderson
Victorian Department of Human Services, Melbourne, Australia
Med Care 44:1011-9. 2006....
- International classification of diseases codes showed modest sensitivity for detecting community-acquired pneumoniaEwoudt M W van de Garde
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacotherapy, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Utrecht University, PO Box 80082, 3506 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 60:834-8. 2007To estimate the sensitivity of International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9-CM) coding for detecting hospitalized community-acquired pneumonia and to assess possible determinants for misclassification.
- Content comparison of health-related quality of life (HRQOL) instruments based on the international classification of functioning, disability and health (ICF)Alarcos Cieza
ICF Research Branch, WHO FIC Collaborating Center DIMDI, IMBK, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Qual Life Res 14:1225-37. 2005..The ICF proved highly useful for the comparison of HRQOL instruments. The comparison of selected HRQOL instruments may provide clinicians and researchers with new insights when selecting health-status measures for clinical studies...
- Validating ICD coding algorithms for diabetes mellitus from administrative dataGuanmin Chen
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, Canada
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 89:189-95. 2010..To assess validity of diabetes International Classification of Disease (ICD) 9 and 10 coding algorithms from administrative data using physicians' charts as the 'gold standard' across time periods and geographic regions...
- Charlson Index comorbidity adjustment for ischemic stroke outcome studiesLarry B Goldstein
Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Stroke 35:1941-5. 2004..The purpose of the present study was to determine whether outcomes of ischemic stroke patients varied on the basis of the Charlson Index...
- A PheWAS approach in studying HLA-DRB1*1501S J Hebbring
Department of Center for Human Genetics, Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation, Marshfield, WI, USA
Genes Immun 14:187-91. 2013..This study not only builds on the feasibility/utility of the PheWAS approach, represents the first external validation of a PheWAS, but may also demonstrate the complex etiologies associated with the HLA-DRB1*1501 loci...
- Health measurement using the ICF: test-retest reliability study of ICF codes and qualifiers in geriatric careJiro Okochi
Department of Health Services Coordination, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maedashi 3 1 1 Higashiku, Fukuoka, 812 8586, Japan
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:46. 2005..This study examines the test-retest reliability of ICF codes, and the rate of immeasurability in long-term care settings of the elderly to evaluate the clinical applicability of the ICF and its qualifiers, and the ICF checklist...
- Use of active surveillance to validate international classification of diseases code estimates of rotavirus hospitalizations in childrenVincent P Hsu
Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Pediatrics 115:78-82. 2005..A previous method directly estimated discharges by using the rotavirus-specific International Classification of Diseases (ICD) code, but this method has not been validated...
- Epidemiology of anesthesia-related mortality in the United States, 1999-2005Guohua Li
Center for Health Policy and Outcomes in Anesthesia and Critical Care, Department of Anesthesiology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Anesthesiology 110:759-65. 2009..Previous research on anesthesia-related mortality in the United States was limited to data from individual hospitals. The purpose of this study was to examine the epidemiologic patterns of anesthesia-related deaths at the national level...
- Comparing the content of participation instruments using the international classification of functioning, disability and healthVanessa K Noonan
Division of Spine, Department of Orthopaedics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:93. 2009..To date, few studies have examined the content of these instruments to determine how participation has been operationalized. The purpose of this study was to compare the content of participation instruments using the ICF classification...
- National trends in the outpatient diagnosis and treatment of bipolar disorder in youthCarmen Moreno
Unidad de Adolescentes, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Servicio do Psiquiatría, Madrid, Spain
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:1032-9. 2007..Although bipolar disorder may have its onset during childhood, little is known about national trends in the diagnosis and management of bipolar disorder in young people...
- Ten-year trends in hospital admissions for adverse drug reactions in England 1999-2009Tai Yin Wu
Department of Primary Care and Public Health, Imperial College London Charing Cross Campus, London W6 8RP, UK
J R Soc Med 103:239-50. 2010..Adverse drug reactions (ADR) are an important cause of morbidity and mortality. We analysed trends in hospital admissions associated with ADRs in English hospitals between 1999 and 2008...
- Improved accuracy of co-morbidity coding over time after the introduction of ICD-10 administrative dataJean Marie Januel
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, CHUV and University of Lausanne, Switzerland
BMC Health Serv Res 11:194. 2011..accuracy of coding for Charlson and Elixhauser co-morbidities at three time points over a 5-year period, following the introduction of the International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision (ICD-10), coding of hospital discharges.
- New ICD-10 version of the Charlson comorbidity index predicted in-hospital mortalityVijaya Sundararajan
Victorian Department of Human Services, Level 18, 120 Spencer Street, Melbourne, 3000 Victoria, Australia
J Clin Epidemiol 57:1288-94. 2004..With the transition into ICD-10 coding worldwide, an ICD-10 version of the Deyo adaptation was developed and validated using population-based hospital data from Victoria, Australia...
- Enhancement of claims data to improve risk adjustment of hospital mortalityMichael Pine
Michael Pine and Associates Inc, Chicago, Ill, USA
JAMA 297:71-6. 2007..Risk-adjustment equations used in these analyses must contain sufficient clinical detail to ensure accurate measurements of hospital quality...
- Use of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health: a literature surveyJennifer Jelsma
Division of Physiotherapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
J Rehabil Med 41:1-12. 2009..In 2001 the World Health Organization adopted the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) and it has since been utilized extensively...
- Extracting principal diagnosis, co-morbidity and smoking status for asthma research: evaluation of a natural language processing systemQing T Zeng
Decision Systems Group, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 6:30. 2006..The text descriptions in electronic medical records are a rich source of information. We have developed a Health Information Text Extraction (HITEx) tool and used it to extract key findings for a research study on airways disease...
- Reliability of routinely collected hospital data for child maltreatment surveillanceKirsten McKenzie
National Centre for Health Information Research and Training, School of Public Health, Queensland University of Technology, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove QLD Australia
BMC Public Health 11:8. 2011..Routinely collected hospital separation data coded using the International Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD) system provide an internationally standardised data source for ..
- Risk adjustment performance of Charlson and Elixhauser comorbidities in ICD-9 and ICD-10 administrative databasesBing Li
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 8:12. 2008....
- The International Classification of Functioning Disability and Health: its development process and content validityA Cieza
ICF Research Branch of WHO FIC CC, IHRS, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med 44:303-13. 2008....
- Prescribing errors in patients with documented drug allergies: comparison of ICD-10 coding and written patient notesArwa Benkhaial
Department of Internal Medicine VI, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacoepidemiology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Pharm World Sci 31:464-72. 2009..Allergies to drugs are a major cause for hospitalisation and inappropriate prescriptions to patients. However, allergies can be prevented if the patient's history of drug allergy is known and coded...
- ICF-based classification and measurement of functioningG Stucki
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Munich University Hospital, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Germany
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med 44:315-28. 2008....
- The validation of the Finnish Hospital Discharge Register and Causes of Death Register data on stroke diagnosesHanna Tolonen
Department of Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention, National Public Health Institute KTL, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 14:380-5. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the validity of the Finnish hospital discharge registers and causes of death registers stroke diagnoses against the population-based FINSTROKE register...
- How accurate is ICD coding for epilepsy?Nathalie Jette
Division of Neurology, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Epilepsia 51:62-9. 2010..Assess the validity of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 epilepsy coding from an emergency visit (ER) and a hospital discharge abstract database (DAD)...
- Accuracy of mild traumatic brain injury case ascertainment using ICD-9 codesJeffrey J Bazarian
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY, USA
Acad Emerg Med 13:31-8. 2006To determine the accuracy of mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) case ascertainment using International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM) codes proposed by the Centers for Disease Control and ..
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) Core Set for patients with vertigo, dizziness and balance disordersEva Grill
Institute for Medical Information Processing, Biometrics and Epidemiology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Vestib Res 22:261-71. 2012..ICF Core Sets create patient-relevant outcomes that can be used as evidence for the success of treatments...
- Seasonality and climatic associations with violent and nonviolent suicide: a population-based studyHerng Ching Lin
School of Health Care Administration, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Neuropsychobiology 57:32-7. 2008....
- Achieving meaningful measurements of ICF conceptsAlan M Jette
Boston University s Health and Disability Research Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Disabil Rehabil 30:963-9. 2008..This paper reviews the strengths and weaknesses of two different approaches to assessing ICF concepts: coding versus quantitative scales. It illustrates the advantages of an alternative, integrative approach, called functional staging...
- Accuracy of hospital morbidity data and the performance of comorbidity scores as predictors of mortalityGeorge Mnatzaganian
School of Population Health and Clinical Practice, Discipline of Public Health, The University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Clin Epidemiol 65:107-15. 2012....
- International surveys on the use of ICD-10 and related diagnostic systemsJuan E Mezzich
International Center for Mental Health, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York University, New York, NY 10029, USA
Psychopathology 35:72-5. 2002..It is suggested that it may be useful to widen the scope of future surveys, to additionally include policy makers, patients and families, and to conduct naturalistic studies of clinical care...
- Validation of ICD-9-CM/ICD-10 coding algorithms for the identification of patients with acetaminophen overdose and hepatotoxicity using administrative dataRobert P Myers
Liver Unit, Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 7:159. 2007..Acetaminophen overdose is the most common cause of acute liver failure (ALF). Our objective was to develop coding algorithms using administrative data for identifying patients with acetaminophen overdose and hepatic complications...
- Identification of aspects of functioning, disability and health relevant to patients experiencing vertigo: a qualitative study using the international classification of functioning, disability and healthMartin Mueller
Institute for Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:75. 2012..Aims of this study were to identify aspects of functioning and health relevant to patients with vertigo expressed by ICF categories and to explore the potential of the ICF to describe the patient perspective in vertigo...
- The application of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health in psychiatry: possible reasons for the lack of implementationAna Sabela Álvarezz
Department of Neurology, Public Health and Disability Unit, Scientific Directorate, Neurological Institute Carlo Besta IRCCS Foundation, Milan, Italy
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 91:S69-73. 2012....
- Identification of physical abuse cases in hospitalized children: accuracy of International Classification of Diseases codesAnneka Hooft
Department of Pediatrics, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Pediatr 162:80-5. 2013..These databases use International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM) codes to categorize illnesses and injuries in ..
- Using International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health to understand challenges in community reintegration of injured veteransLinda J Resnik
Providence Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Providence, RI 02908, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 44:991-1006. 2007..Identifying community reintegration challenges early and promoting reintegration are important mandates for the Department of Veterans Affairs. The findings of this study are useful in understanding the needs of OEF/OIF veterans...
- Comparison of ICD code-based diagnosis of obesity with measured obesity in children and the implications for health care cost estimatesStefan Kuhle
School of Public Health, University of Alberta, 650 University Terrace, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2T4, Canada
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:173. 2011..The objective of the current study was to investigate the sensitivity and specificity of an ICD code-based diagnosis of obesity from administrative health data relative to the gold standard measured BMI...
- Criteria for validating comprehensive ICF Core Sets and developing brief ICF Core Set versionsEva Grill
Institute for Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, DE 813 77 Munich, Germany, E mail
J Rehabil Med 43:87-91. 2011....
- Functioning and disability in spinal cord injury from the consumer perspective: an international qualitative study using focus groups and the ICFI Kirchberger
ICF Research Branch of the WHO FIC CC DIMDI, IHRS, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Spinal Cord 48:603-13. 2010..Qualitative, multi-center study...
- Describing functioning, disability, and health with the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health Brief Core Set for StrokeRui Quintas
Neurological Institute Carlo Besta, Milan, Italy
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 91:S14-21. 2012..We suggest that the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health Brief Core Set for Stroke is a useful, brief, and functional instrument to produce a functioning profile for stroke patients...
- [Use of ICF Core Sets for medical reports concerning patients with low back pain and chronic widespread pain syndrome]M Kirschneck
Institut für Gesundheits und Rehabilitationswissenschaften, ICF Research Branch of WHO CC FIC DIMDI, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen
Gesundheitswesen 70:674-8. 2008....
- Differences in prevalence of pre-existing morbidity between injured and non-injured populationsCate M Cameron
School of Population Health, Mayne Medical School, University of Queensland, Herston Road, Herston, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, Australia
Bull World Health Organ 83:345-52. 2005..To identify and examine differences in pre-existing morbidity between injured and non-injured population-based cohorts...
- Accuracy of ICD-9 coding for Clostridium difficile infections: a retrospective cohortD B Scheurer
Division of General Internal Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Epidemiol Infect 135:1010-3. 2007..diff infection, especially in symptomatic patients whose test results are available at the time of discharge, and can therefore be used as a reasonable alternative to microbiological data for tracking purposes...
- Administrative database research infrequently used validated diagnostic or procedural codesCarl van Walraven
Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 64:1054-9. 2011..Measure the proportion of ADR studies using diagnostic or procedural codes that measured or referenced code accuracy...
- Identifying priorities in methodological research using ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data: report from an international consortiumCarolyn De Coster
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 6:77. 2006..using these data has been facilitated by the use of a standard system for coding diagnoses, the International Classification of Diseases (ICD)...
- The validity of International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification diagnosis codes for identifying patients hospitalized for COPD exacerbationsBrian D Stein
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Chest 141:87-93. 2012..conduct observational comparative effectiveness research studies, various algorithms based on the International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM) codes have been used to identify patients with ..
- Using administrative data to identify and stage breast cancer cases: implications for assessing quality of careElaine Yuen
Center for Research in Medical Education and Healthcare, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Tumori 97:428-35. 2011..The study evaluated the use of Italian hospital discharge data (SDO, scheda di dimissione ospedaliera) for identifying women with incident breast cancer, determining stage at diagnosis and assessing quality of care...
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF): a promising framework and classification for rehabilitation medicineGerold Stucki
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, WHO CC FIC DIMDI, Institute for Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 84:733-40. 2005
- The effects of changes in the World Health Organization's International Classification of Diseases on suicide rates in 71 countries, 1950-1999Benjamin J Pearson-Nelson
Department of Sociology, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 34:328-36. 2004..Health Organization (WHO) provides annual mortality statistics from 1950 onward based on the International Classification of Diseases (ICD)...
- The utility and challenges of using ICD codes in child maltreatment research: A review of existing literatureDebbie Scott
National Centre for Health Information Research and Training, School of Public Health, Queensland University of Technology, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove 4059, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Child Abuse Negl 33:791-808. 2009....
- Defining delirium for the International Classification of Diseases, 11th RevisionDavid J Meagher
Department of Adult Psychiatry, Midwestern Regional Hospital, Limerick, Ireland
J Psychosom Res 65:207-14. 2008..The development of ICD-11 provides an opportunity to update the description of delirium according to emerging data that have added to our understanding of this complex neuropsychiatric syndrome...
- Incidence of non-traumatic complaints of arm, neck and shoulder in general practiceA Feleus
Department of General Practice, Erasmus MC, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Man Ther 13:426-33. 2008..When estimating morbidity in primary care, based on diagnostic codes, one should be aware of possible underestimation of morbidity and corresponding workload, when excluding codes not specific for that region or disease...
- Veteran's affairs hospital discharge databases coded serious bacterial infections accuratelySebastian Schneeweiss
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02120, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 60:397-409. 2007..We sought to test the ability of large health care utilization databases to accurately identify serious bacterial infections and opportunistic infections leading to hospital admission...
- Epidemiology of bipolar disordersMichael Bauer
Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Charité Mitte CCM, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Berlin, Germany
Epilepsia 46:8-13. 2005..This article also discusses risk factors, comorbid conditions, course of illness, as well as the individual and socioeconomic impact of bipolar disorders...
- Social aspects of living with rheumatoid arthritis: a qualitative descriptive study in Soweto, South Africa - a low resource contextMarguerite Schneider
Child, Youth, Family and Social Development, Human Sciences Research Council, Pretoria
Health Qual Life Outcomes 6:54. 2008....
- The way forwardCarla AbouZahr
Health Metrics Network, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 370:1791-9. 2007....
- Evaluation of ICD-9 codes for syndromic surveillance in the electronic surveillance system for the early notification of community-based epidemicsJose A Betancourt
Academy of Health Sciences, U S Army Medical Department Center and School, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234, USA
Mil Med 172:346-52. 2007..Emerging Infections System (DOD-GEIS), actively analyzes syndromic groupings from electronic International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision data as a proxy for early disease outbreak detection...
- Positive predictive value of ICD-9 codes 410 and 411 in the identification of cases of acute coronary syndromes in the Saskatchewan Hospital automated databaseCristina Varas-Lorenzo
RTI Health Solutions, Epidemiology, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 17:842-52. 2008..Case definitions are essential to epidemiological research...
- Validity of ascertainment of co-morbid illness using administrative databases: a systematic reviewJ R Leal
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:715-21. 2010Co-morbid illnesses have a major influence on the epidemiology of infectious diseases. Although International Classification of Diseases (ICD) discharge codes are frequently used to evaluate the presence of co-morbidities in observational ..
- Validation of ICD-9 codes with a high positive predictive value for incident strokes resulting in hospitalization using Medicaid health dataChristianne L Roumie
Veterans Administration, Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, Tennessee Valley Geriatric Research Education Clinical Center GRECC, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 17:20-6. 2008..To validate ICD 9 codes with a high positive predictive value (PPV) for incident strokes. The study population consisted of Tennessee Medicaid enrollees aged from 50 to 84 years...
- Prevalence of vascular disease in metabolic syndrome using three proposed definitionsVasilios G Athyros
Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Syndrome Units, 2nd Prop Department of Internal Medicine, Aristotelian University, Hippocration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Cardiol 117:204-10. 2007..There are a number of definitions available for the diagnosis of the metabolic syndrome (MetS). The MetS-associated increase in cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk may depend on the definition used...
- Predictive ability of positive clinical culture results and International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, to identify and classify noninvasive Staphylococcus aureus infections: a validation studyLaRee A Tracy
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:694-700. 2010..To develop and validate an algorithm to identify and classify noninvasive infections due to Staphylococcus aureus by using positive clinical culture results and administrative data...
- Application of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) in clinical practiceG Stucki
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Munich, Germany
Disabil Rehabil 24:281-2. 2002
- Identification of adverse drug events: the use of ICD-10 coded diagnoses in routine hospital dataJurgen Stausberg
Institut für Medizinische Informationsverarbeitung, Biometrie und Epidemiologie der LMU, Muchen, Germany
Dtsch Arztebl Int 107:23-9. 2010..The aim of this study is to examine the potential usefulness of ICD-10 coded diagnoses in routine hospital data for the identification of ADE...
- Trends in frequency of reporting improper diabetes-related cause-of-death statements on death certificates, 1985-2005: An algorithm to identify incorrect causal sequencesTsung Hsueh Lu
Institute of Public Health, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Am J Epidemiol 171:1069-78. 2010....
- Evaluating sequelae after head and neck cancer from the patient perspective with the help of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and HealthUta Tschiesner
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 266:425-36. 2009....
- Utility of International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification codes for communicable disease surveillanceEmily E Sickbert-Bennett
Department of Hospital Epidemiology, University of North Carolina Health Care, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514, USA
Am J Epidemiol 172:1299-305. 2010b>International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM) codes have been proposed as a method of public health surveillance and are widely used in public health and clinical research...
- Multicenter study of surveillance for hospital-onset Clostridium difficile infection by the use of ICD-9-CM diagnosis codesErik R Dubberke
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:262-8. 2010..To compare incidence of hospital-onset Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) measured by the use of International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM) discharge diagnosis codes with rates measured ..
- Retrospective data for diabetic foot complications: only the tip of the iceberg?P R Wraight
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 36:197-9. 2006..by comparing the frequently used method of retrospectively identifying patients according to International Classification of Diseases (ICD) codes with that of prospectively identifying patients at the time of admission...
- Positive predictive value of ICD-9-CM codes to detect acute exacerbation of COPD in the emergency departmentAdit A Ginde
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 34:678-80. 2008..identification of acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (AECOPD) visits by International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM) codes will help organizations monitor quality ..
- Description of functioning in sickness certificatesEmma Nilsing
Division of Physiotherapy, Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
Scand J Public Health 39:508-16. 2011....
- Disability in inflammatory bowel diseases: developing ICF Core Sets for patients with inflammatory bowel diseases based on the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and HealthLaurent Peyrin-Biroulet
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Claude Huriez Hospital, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, Lille, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 16:15-22. 2010..This tool will enable research that improves understanding of functioning, disability, and health in IBD, and may lead to interventions to improve and maintain functioning and minimize disability among IBD patients throughout the world...
- The sex factor: epidemiology and management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in British ColumbiaPat G Camp
Faculty of Medicine, Respiratory Division, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Can Respir J 15:417-22. 2008..These predictions are based in part on data from surveys using self-reports of a COPD diagnosis. Whether these predictions have been realized is unknown...
- Comparability between ICD-9 and ICD-10 for the leading causes of death in SpainG Cano-Serral
Agencia de Salud Pública de Barcelona, Plaza Lesseps 1, E 08023 Barcelona
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 54:355-65. 2006Implementation of a new Revision of the International Classification of Diseases can create discontinuity in mortality statistics. Revisions are nevertheless essential to ensure international comparability of health statistics...
- Accuracy of injury coding under ICD-10-AM for New Zealand public hospital dischargesG Davie
Injury Prevention Research Unit, Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Inj Prev 14:319-23. 2008....
- Coding of perineal lacerations and other complications of obstetric care in hospital discharge dataPatrick S Romano
Division of General Medicine, the Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Obstet Gynecol 106:717-25. 2005..To assess the validity of obstetric complications, including the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) Core Measure on perineal lacerations, in the California Patient Discharge Data Set...
- External phenome analysis enables a rational federated query strategy to detect changing rates of treatment-related complications associated with multiple myelomaJeremy L Warner
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 20:696-9. 2013..This proof of concept demonstrates that a staged approach to federated queries, using external EHR data, can yield potentially clinically meaningful results...
- Utility of International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health's participation dimension in assigning ICF codes to items from extant rating instrumentsMats Granlund
Malardalen University, Vasteras, Sweden
J Rehabil Med 36:130-7. 2004....
- An intervention to improve cause-of-death reporting in New York City hospitals, 2009-2010Ann Madsen
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 125 Worth St, Rm 204, CN 7, New York, NY 10013, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E157. 2012....
- Towards an ICF-based clinical measure of functioning in people with ankylosing spondylitis: a methodological explorationA Cieza
ICF Research Branch of the WHO Collaborating Center for the Family of International Classifications at the German Institute of Medical Documentation and Information DIMDI, IHRS, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Disabil Rehabil 31:528-37. 2009....
- Validation of diagnostic codes for subtrochanteric, diaphyseal, and atypical femoral fractures using administrative claims dataPongthorn Narongroeknawin
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, USA
J Clin Densitom 15:92-102. 2012..all adults admitted at University of Alabama at Birmingham Health System from 2004 to 2008 with International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision hospital discharges and surgeons' fracture repair codes for subtrochanteric ..
- Elective primary caesarean delivery: accuracy of administrative dataLisa M Korst
Cedars Sinai Medical Center Burns Allen Research Institute, and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Women s Health Services Research and Policy, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 18:112-9. 2004..The results support continued efforts to use administrative data to monitor elective primary caesarean delivery...
- Assessing the opinions and experiences of German-speaking psychiatrists regarding necessary changes for the 11th revision of the mental disorders chapter of the International Classification of Disorders (ICD-11)J Zielasek
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Heinrich Heine University, LVR Klinikum Düsseldorf, Bergische Landstrasse 2, Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur Psychiatry 25:437-42. 2010..Information about clinicians' experiences should be combined with scientific evidence for the revision process of ICD-11...
- Do hospital E-codes consistently capture suicidal behaviour?Anne E Rhodes
The Suicide Studies Unit, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 1W8
Chronic Dis Can 23:139-45. 2002..Estimating the prevalence of admissions for suicidal behaviour using hospital separation data is of questionable validity, particularly among older age groups...
- Overview of inpatient codingSherri Alexander
Outcomes Research Group, US Medical Division, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 60:S11-4. 2003..In order to better understand inpatient coding and reimbursement, this article will discuss the International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM) coding system; the Healthcare Common Procedure ..
- New Zealand psychiatrists views on global features of ICD-10 and DSM-IVGraham Mellsop
Waikato Clinical School, Waikato Hospital, Private Bag 3200, Hamilton, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 41:157-65. 2007..The present paper reports on a study to ascertain the views of New Zealand psychiatrists on their requirements of a classificatory system, and their opinions on those currently in use...
- Use of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health in traumatic brain injury rehabilitation: linking issues and general perspectivesPavel Ptyushkin
European project MURINET, University Rehabilitation Institute, Republic of Slovenia, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 91:S48-54. 2012....
- Completeness and accuracy of International Classification of Disease (ICD) external cause of injury codes in emergency department electronic dataP R Hunt
Occupational Health Surveillance Program, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Boston, MA 02108, USA
Inj Prev 13:422-5. 2007..E codes reliably identify the broad mechanism of injury, but inaccuracies and incompleteness suggest areas for training of hospital admissions staff, providers, and coders...
- The effectiveness of ICD-10-CM in capturing public health diseasesValerie J M Watzlaf
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Perspect Health Inf Manag 4:6. 2007..05). Although this result may be due to the coder's higher level of experience with ICD-9-CM, it also points to the potential need for more specific coding education and practice with the ICD-10-CM system...
- Agreement of a work-capacity assessment with the World Health Organisation International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health pain sets and back-to-work predictorsMarie Louise Schult
Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Rehabilitation Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Rehabil Res 29:183-93. 2006..The same is true for ICF, although the structure lacks proper coding for relevant factors found at work...
- Asperger's syndrome: a comparison of clinical diagnoses and those made according to the ICD-10 and DSM-IVMarc Woodbury-Smith
Yale Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 35:235-40. 2005..It is suggested that this is due to limitations inherent in these criteria, and alternative conceptualizations are discussed...
- A fresh set of survival risk ratios derived from incidents in the National Trauma Data Bank from which the ICISS may be calculatedJ Wayne Meredith
Department of Surgery, Wake Forest Univeresity School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1063, USA
J Trauma 55:924-32. 2003..risk ratios (SRRs) are database-specific point estimates of survival associated with each injury International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision (ICD-9) code...
- Evaluation of International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification Codes for reporting methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections at a hospital in IllinoisMelissa K Schaefer
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:463-8. 2010States, including Illinois, have passed legislation mandating the use of International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM) codes for reporting healthcare-associated infections, such as methicillin-..
- The comprehensive ICF core sets for spinal cord injury from the perspective of occupational therapists: a worldwide validation study using the Delphi techniqueK H Herrmann
Institute for Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Spinal Cord 49:600-13. 2011....
- Validation of the comprehensive ICF core set for low back pain: the perspective of physical therapistsMichaela Kirschneck
Institute for Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Research Unit for Biopsychosocial Health, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Man Ther 16:364-72. 2011..However, several body functions were identified which are not covered and need further investigation...
- Identification of ICD codes suggestive of child maltreatmentPatricia G Schnitzer
Sinclair School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, 65211, USA
Child Abuse Negl 35:3-17. 2011..To increase the usefulness of medical data for public health surveillance of child maltreatment, this project sought to identify ICD-9 codes that are suggestive of child maltreatment...
- Medications Prescribed in Emergency Departments for Non-Traumatic Dental ConditioChristopher Okunseri; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study population will include children and adults in the database with assigned International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM) code by ED healthcare providers that meet the ..
- The Prevalence of Blood Pressure Abnormalities among Veterans with SCIJill Wecht; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- An Investigation of the Clinical Utility of a Prolonged Grief Disorder DiagnosisHolly Gwen Prigerson; Fiscal Year: 2013..PGD is slated for inclusion in the next International Classification of Diseases, ICD-11...
- Unintentional Poisoning from Prescription Drug Overdoses Among VeteransMatthew J Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because this project involves a partnership with the Veterans Healthcare Administration (VHA), findings could lead to particularly prompt adoption of safer opioid prescribing practices for veterans receiving care within the VHA system. ..
- Atrial Fibrillation Precursors May Be Novel Stroke Risk FactorsHooman Kamel; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Annual Estimates of Influenza Vaccine Effectiveness for Preventing Laboratory-ConArnold S Monto; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Using Injury Severity to Improve Occupational Traumatic Injury Trend EstimatesJeanne M Sears; Fiscal Year: 2013..Use the linked data to evaluate E-code based methods of identifying work-related injuries in hospital discharge records. ..
- Building Toward ICD-11. Improving the Coding of Quality and Patient Safety DataHarold A Pincus; Fiscal Year: 2012..and Patient Safety as part of the World Health Organization's (WHO) development of the International Classification of Diseases, 11th edition (ICD-11)...
- ADULT MEDICAID PATIENTS' DENTAL VISITS IN EDSLeonard Cohen; Fiscal Year: 1999..Descriptive and inferential statistical methods will be used to analyze the data. ..
- Identifying Low-Risk Patients with Pulmonary EmbolismDrahomir Aujesky; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ADVERSE EVENTS WITH MAGNESIUM SULFATEGeorge Macones; Fiscal Year: 2000..e., those at low risk for pulmonary edema, and to guide their clinical management of patients receiving MgSO4. ..
- Cardiac Troponin Testing for Myocardial InfarctionFred Apple; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Alcohol and intentional injury in the U.S ArmyNicole Bell; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will allow us to cost-effectively assess the role of alcohol in intentional injuries, for a large diverse population encompassing a wide range of occupational, racial, and gender groups. ..
- Disease Ontology: An Open Biomedical Ontology for DiseaseLYNN MARIE SCHRIML; Fiscal Year: 2010..The DO project will also validate mappings to standard terminologies containing disease concepts such as UMLS, SNOMED-CT and ICD-9-CM. ..
- ALCOHOL USE AND INJURY OUTCOMES IN THE US ARMYNicole Bell; Fiscal Year: 2000..Results will be used to identify high risk groups, estimate costs of drinking in the Army, and develop targeted intervention efforts. ..
- ALCOHOL USE AND INJURY OUTCOMES IN THE US ARMYNicole Bell; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results will be used to identify high risk groups, estimate costs of drinking in the Army, and develop targeted intervention efforts. ..
- The Changing Epidemiology of Acute GastroenteritisSheila Nolan; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is important to study the changing epidemiology of the disease to determine if new pathogens emerge and to maximize the effectiveness and the impact of the rotavirus vaccines. ..
- ADVANCING RISK ADJUSTMENT FOR SCHIZOPHRENIABradley Martin; Fiscal Year: 2000..This application is responsive to Healthy People 2000's priority area for economic evaluation in Mental Disorders Prevention. ..
- Patient Safety Improvement Using Reporting SystemsScott Williams; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study's findings and recommendations will provide valuable information and lessons learned from other states to assist hospitals with developing a public health information system on patient safety. ..
- MEASURING COGNITIVELY ACTIVE LIFE EXPECTANCYJOYCE PRESSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2000..We will report findings that could be used to inform the design and data collection of cognitively-related variables in future prospectively conducted surveys. ..
- Injury Diagnosis Code Accuracy in Medicaid Claims DataHuiyun Xiang; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- INFANT MORTALITY AMONG MEXICAN AMERICANSBenjamin Bradshaw; Fiscal Year: 1991..1949-85; 3) To identify discontinuities in cause of death codes associated with revisions of the International Classification of Diseases; 4) To determine whether the current favorable birth weight distributions among Mexican Americans ..
- INFANT MORTALITY AMONG MEXICAN AMERICANSW Frisbie; Fiscal Year: 1991..1949-85; 3) To identify discontinuities in cause of death codes associated with revisions of the International Classification of Diseases; 4) To determine whether the current favorable birth weight distributions among Mexican Americans ..
- Correcting Under-reporting in HCUP Inpatient DataClara Dismuke; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is expected that this method may serve to increase the value of HCUP inpatient data to health services researchers. ..
- Volume-Outcomes in Incontinence SurgeryJennifer Anger; Fiscal Year: 2005..undergoing pubovaginal sling procedures will be identified on the basis of the presence of either International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9) codes or Physicians Current Procedural Terminology (CPT-4) codes and tracked for 12 ..
- Nurse Staffing and Adverse Patient OutcomesSung Hyun Cho; Fiscal Year: 2001..These adverse events will be detected by using the International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision diagnosis codes...
- Quantifying the Value of Value-Based PurchasingRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Risk Factors for Psychopathology in the WHO WMH SurveysRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2009..Third, the level of detail in the description of data analysis plans has been substantially expanded in this revised submission in response to reviewer comments. ..
- Outcomes of Perinatal StrokeMeredith Golomb; Fiscal Year: 2008..During the last year of the study, she plans to apply for an R01 grant to set up a pilot clinical trial. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hurricane Katrina Community Advisory GroupRonald C Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MENTAL DISORDERS AS RISK FACTORS FOR SUBSTANCE DISORDERSRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Outreach and Treatment for Depression in the Labor ForceRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2005..This is an extremely important opportunity for rapid and widespread dissemination in an area of research where dissemination of positive results has traditionally been a serious problem. ..
- Development and Evaluation of Terminology ServicesCHRISTOPHER CHUTE; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- The Transition of Nicotine DependenceJoseph DiFranza; Fiscal Year: 2005..A new theory-based measure of early dependence for youths will be tested against established measures of dependence. ..
- Intelligent Data Storage ResourceCHRISTOPHER CHUTE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Centralizing such access to a secure data warehouse ensures our continued commitment to patient confidentiality and compliance with federal and state regulations. ..
- LATENT SEMANTIC INDEXING IN SUPPORT OF DATA RETRIEVALCHRISTOPHER CHUTE; Fiscal Year: 2001..We commit these activities to remain compliant with emerging standards for medical concept representation arising from the Canon efforts and the standardization processes at ANSI-HISPP, CEN TC251 and the CPRI initiatives. ..
- Imaging of nicotine sensitization in humans: a translational application of fMRIJoseph DiFranza; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal is to use this new tool to see how addictive drugs alter the brain, and thereby identify targets for the development of new drugs to treat addiction. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Brief Intervention in the ER in PolandCheryl Cherpitel; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Evaluating Hospital Outcomes for Injured PatientsDavid Clark; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Computer Adaptive Testing for OA Clinical TrialsAlan Jette; Fiscal Year: 2006..We expect the gains in precision and efficiency of score estimation to be superior over traditional fixed forms of assessments and transform outcomes monitoring in OA clinical trials research. ..
- Psychosis and Autoimmune Diseases in DenmarkWilliam W Eaton; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Natural History of Attempts to Stop SmokingJohn R Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The Social Neuroscience of Autism and Related DisordersFred Volkmar; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- How Health Insurance Status Affects Persons with DisabilitiesLisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2007..This goal addresses the objectives of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, which has identified persons with disabilities as one of its priority populations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Early-Stage Breast Cancer Treatment Decisions by Women with Physical DisabilitiesLisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our findings will help begin educating patients and physicians and could perhaps improve breast cancer care for women with physical disabilities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Internal Barriers to Seeking Smoking Cessation TreatmentJohn Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our results will suggest messages for media campaigns and for clinicians to use to motivate smokers to access proven treatments. ..
- Social and Economic Factors in Late-Life DepressionJeffrey Harman; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Alcohol and Injury: New Knowledge from ER StudiesCheryl Cherpitel; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Sleep EEG Spectral Measures of InsomniaJack Edinger; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- (PARA)LINGUISTIC FACTORS AFFECTING CHILDHOOD STUTTERINGJ Scott Yaruss; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Epidemiology of Marginal Zone LymphomaLisa Herrinton; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- AMPHETAMINE ENHANCED STROKE RECOVERY--BURKE SRCI GROUPLarry Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2002..However the treatment duration will be increased to a total of 10 sessions. ..
- PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: QUALITY OF CARE/SERVICE USELisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2001..Given that roughly 49 million Americans have a disabling condition, addressing concerns about their quality of care is essential. ..
- ASSESSING THE PERFORMANCE OF ALTERNATIVE RISK ADJUSTERSLisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- EVALUATION OF A CIGARETTE SUBSTITUTEJohn Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2001..We believe it imperative to begin studying these substitutes so that, unlike low-tar/low nicotine cigarettes, we will know whether their introduction is good or bad for public health. ..
- Are Volume Standards Accurate Measures of Quality?Laurent Glance; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Pilot Studies for Baltimore CPP/Pathways FollowupWilliam Eaton; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results will generate new information about early influences on a large range of prevalent, disabling and fatal health conditions. ..
- Classifying Psychiatric, Medical, and Primary InsomniasJack Edinger; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will provide a much-needed comparison of these two insomnia nosologies and the subtypes they define. Results also likely will provide important information for future insomnia classification efforts. ..
- DOSE/RESPONSE EFFECTS OF BEHAVIORAL INSOMNIA THERAPYJack Edinger; Fiscal Year: 2001..We should also develop a better understanding of the time course over which treatment-related improvements might be expected for insomniacs in general and for specific primary insomniac subtypes. ..
- Innovative Methods for Function and Disability AssessmentAlan Jette; Fiscal Year: 2007..The public health research and clinical communities would be the likely markets [unreadable] interested in the CAT technology that would be developed and evaluated in this STTR. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neurobiology and genetics of Autism & Related ConditionsFred Volkmar; Fiscal Year: 2006..This program project builds on the network of existing collaborations and makes use of important resources at each site. ..
- EVOLUTION OF PSYCHOPATHOLOGY IN THE POPULATIONWilliam Eaton; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposal includes plans to make anonymous data available for public use. ..
- Immune Thrombocytopenia and Low-Level Mercury ExposureJodi Segal; Fiscal Year: 2006..Segal with the necessary support for successful completion [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OPTIMIZING MANAGEMENT OF TRANSIENT ISCHEMIC ATTACKSS Johnston; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will provide important results for clinicians and policy makers, and will foster the applicant's development as a health services researcher in cerebrovascular disease. ..
- TREATMENT OF NEGATIVE SYMPTOMS & COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENTSWilliam Carpenter; Fiscal Year: 2003..The study will provide new information on the efficacy of d- cyclosporine and glycine for both persistent primary and secondary negative symptoms and its effect on cognitive functioning. ..
- Ceruloplasmin Mediated Penile Endothelial Dysfunction in Type 1 DiabetesKanchan Chitaley; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SEROTONIN 1A RECEPTOR & METABOLIC IMAGING IN DEPRESSIONDavid Kupfer; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Psychiatric barriers to outpatient care in released HIV-infected offendersJacques Baillargeon; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Drug-Induced sudden death & ventricular arrhythmiaSean Hennessy; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, this project will create a valuable and lasting pharmacoepidemiologic data resource that can be brought to bear in future drug safety studies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RESEARCH ETHICS IN SCHIZOPHRENIAWilliam Carpenter; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..