Genomes and Genes
Summary: Systematic organization, storage, retrieval, and dissemination of specialized information, especially of a scientific or technical nature (From ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983). It often involves authenticating or validating information.
Publications377 found, 100 shown here
- The menthol smoker: tobacco industry research on consumer sensory perception of menthol cigarettes and its role in smoking behaviorJennifer M Kreslake
Harvard School of Public Health, Division of Public Health Practice Boston, MA 02215, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:705-15. 2008..Future research measuring smoking behavior and evaluating cessation outcomes of menthol smokers should consider the duration of menthol use and differentiate smokers according to their reasons for using menthols...
- Application, function, and effects of menthol in cigarettes: a survey of tobacco industry documentsGeoffrey Ferris Wayne
Massachusetts Tobacco Control Program, Boston, MA 02108, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 6:S43-54. 2004..We conclude that the unique differences between menthol cigarettes and nonmenthol cigarettes must be considered in research, cessation treatment, and enactment of tobacco product regulations...
- Menthol's potential effects on nicotine dependence: a tobacco industry perspectiveValerie B Yerger
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Box 0612, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0612, USA
Tob Control 20:ii29-36. 2011..To examine what the tobacco industry knows about the potential effects menthol may have on nicotine dependence...
- Marketing of menthol cigarettes and consumer perceptions: a review of tobacco industry documentsStacey J Anderson
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Box 0612, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0612, USA
Tob Control 20:ii20-8. 2011..To examine tobacco industry marketing of menthol cigarettes and to determine what the tobacco industry knew about consumer perceptions of menthol...
- Implications of the tobacco industry documents for public health and policyLisa Bero
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0613, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 24:267-88. 2003..The paper concludes with a discussion of the implications of tobacco document research for public health and the application of such research to fields other than tobacco control...
- Tobacco documents research methodologyStacey J Anderson
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Box 0612, University of California, San Francisco UCSF, San Francisco, CA 94143 0612, USA
Tob Control 20:ii8-11. 2011..This brief discussion also highlights technological capabilities in the Legacy Tobacco Documents Library and updates methods for organising internal tobacco documents data and findings...
- Menthol cigarettes and smoking initiation: a tobacco industry perspectiveKim Klausner
Library and Center for Knowledge Management, 530 Parnassus Avenue, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0840, USA
Tob Control 20:ii12-9. 2011..To determine what the tobacco industry knew about menthol cigarettes and the initiation of smoking...
- Menthol cigarettes and smoking cessation behaviour: a review of tobacco industry documentsStacey J Anderson
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Box 0612, University of California, San Francisco UCSF, San Francisco, CA 94143 0612, USA
Tob Control 20:ii49-56. 2011..To determine what the tobacco industry knew about menthol's relation to smoking cessation behaviour...
- Clarifying adverse drug events: a clinician's guide to terminology, documentation, and reportingJonathan R Nebeker
Veterans Affairs Salt Lake City Health Care System and University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:795-801. 2004..Examples and rationale for meaningful documentation of adverse drug events are provided, along with an outline of the types of events that should be reported to ..
- Collaborative biocuration--text-mining development task for document prioritization for curationThomas C Wiegers
Department of Biology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7617, USA
Database (Oxford) 2012:bas037. 2012..In this article, we present a detailed description of the challenge and a summary of the results...
- Event extraction for systems biology by text mining the literatureSophia Ananiadou
University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Trends Biotechnol 28:381-90. 2010..The approaches described will be of considerable value in associating particular pathways and their components with higher-order physiological properties, including disease states...
- Influence of food intake, age, gender, HbA1c, and BMI levels on plasma cholesterol in 29,979 children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes--reference data from the German diabetes documentation and quality management system (DPV)K Otfried Schwab
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescence Medicine, Freiburg University Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
Pediatr Diabetes 10:184-92. 2009..5%) and normal weight (BMI < 90th percentile)...
- Direct disease-inducing effects of menthol through the eyes of tobacco companiesM Victoria Salgado
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 1390, USA
Tob Control 20:ii44-8. 2011..Menthol is an important additive in most tobacco products and is an identifying characteristic of many brands. We assessed tobacco companies' research on direct disease-inducing effects of menthol and menthol cigarettes...
- Menthol sensory qualities and smoking topography: a review of tobacco industry documentsValerie B Yerger
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, Box 0612, San Francisco, CA 94143 0612, USA
Tob Control 20:ii37-43. 2011..To determine what the tobacco industry knew about the potential effects of menthol on smoking topography-how a person smokes a cigarette...
- The educational effects of portfolios on undergraduate student learning: a Best Evidence Medical Education (BEME) systematic review. BEME Guide No. 11Sharon Buckley
University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Med Teach 31:282-98. 2009..This systematic review is the result of our work to provide such a summary...
- Agreement between patient-reported symptoms and their documentation in the medical recordSerguei V Pakhomov
Department of Pharmaceutical Care and Health Systems, University of Minnesota, 308 Harvard St, SE, 7 125F Weaver Densford Hall, Minneapolis, MN 55401, USA
Am J Manag Care 14:530-9. 2008To determine the agreement between patient-reported symptoms of chest pain, dyspnea, and cough and the documentation of these symptoms by physicians in the electronic medical record.
- A consensus-based template for uniform reporting of data from pre-hospital advanced airway managementStephen J M Sollid
Department of Research and Development, Norwegian Air Ambulance Foundation, Drøbak, Norway
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 17:58. 2009....
- POLYVIEW: a flexible visualization tool for structural and functional annotations of proteinsAleksey A Porollo
Children s Hospital Research Foundation, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Bioinformatics 20:2460-2. 2004..POLYVIEW may be used for automated generation of pictures with structural and functional annotations for publications and proteomic on-line resources...
- GOstat: find statistically overrepresented Gene Ontologies within a group of genesTim Beissbarth
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, VIC 3050, Australia
Bioinformatics 20:1464-5. 2004..This program automatically obtains the GO annotations from a database and generates statistics of which annotations are overrepresented in the analyzed list of genes. This results in a list of GO terms sorted by their specificity...
- AMEE Guide No. 25: The assessment of learning outcomes for the competent and reflective physicianJ M Shumway
Office of Medical Education, West Virginia University, School of Medicine, Morgantown 26506, USA
Med Teach 25:569-84. 2003....
- The impact of electronic health records on time efficiency of physicians and nurses: a systematic reviewLise Poissant
Clinical and Health Informatics Research Group, McGill University, Morrice House, 1140 Pine Ave West, Montreal Quebec, Canada H3A 1A3
J Am Med Inform Assoc 12:505-16. 2005..A systematic review of the literature was performed to examine the impact of electronic health records (EHRs) on documentation time of physicians and nurses and to identify factors that may explain efficiency differences across studies...
- Advancing translational research with the Semantic WebAlan Ruttenberg
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge, MA, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 8:S2. 2007....
- Barriers and facilitators to electronic documentation in a rural hospitalAlice A Whittaker
Creighton University School of Nursing, Hastings, NE 68901, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 41:293-300. 2009..The purpose of the study was to explore nurses' perceptions of barriers and facilitators to adoption of an electronic health record (EHR) in a rural Midwestern hospital...
- A retrospective quality assessment of pre-hospital emergency medical documentation in motor vehicle accidents in south-eastern NorwayTrine Staff
Department of Research, Norwegian Air Ambulance Foundation, Drøbak, Norway
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 19:20. 2011Few studies have evaluated pre-hospital documentation quality. We retrospectively assessed emergency medical service (EMS) documentation of key logistic, physiologic, and mechanistic variables in motor vehicle accidents (MVAs).
- Use of computer-based records, completeness of documentation, and appropriateness of documented clinical decisionsP C Tang
Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 6:245-51. 1999To investigate whether using a computer-based patient record (CPR) affects the completeness of documentation and appropriateness of documented clinical decisions.
- Survey of medication documentation at hospital discharge: implications for patient safety and continuity of careT Grimes
School of Pharmacy, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland RCSI, Dublin, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 177:93-7. 2008..Providing accurate medication information to the next care provider is necessary to prevent adverse events...
- Data from clinical notes: a perspective on the tension between structure and flexible documentationS Trent Rosenbloom
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:181-6. 2011Clinical documentation is central to patient care. The success of electronic health record system adoption may depend on how well such systems support clinical documentation...
- Lack of emergency medical services documentation is associated with poor patient outcomes: a validation of audit filters for prehospital trauma careDann J Laudermilch
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Am Coll Surg 210:220-7. 2010..This study validates 2 of those proposed audit filters...
- Measurement of informal care: an empirical study into the valid measurement of time spent on informal caregivingBernard van den Berg
Centre for Health Economics Research and Evaluation, Faculty of Business, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
Health Econ 15:447-60. 2006..Otherwise, the recall method is likely to overestimate the time spent on providing informal care. Moreover, the recall method proves to be unstable over time. This could be due to learning effects from completing a diary...
- Monitoring and documentation of side effects from depot antipsychotic medication: an interdisciplinary audit of practice in a regional mental health serviceA Cleary
East Galway Catchment Galway Mental Health Services, St Brigids Hospital, Ballinasloe, Co Galway, Ireland
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 19:395-401. 2012This audit reviewed current practice within a rural mental health service area on the monitoring and documentation of side effects of antipsychotic depot medication...
- Practice variation in respiratory therapy documentation during mechanical ventilationSaadia R Akhtar
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, 325 Ninth Avenue, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Chest 124:2275-82. 2003..One of the key factors in this communication is complete and accurate RT documentation of ventilator settings. Few studies have explored the quality and variability of this documentation.
- Concept and implementation of a computer-based reminder system to increase completeness in clinical documentationSusanne Herzberg
Institute of Medical Informatics, University of Munster, Domagkstraße 9, 48149 Munster, Germany
Int J Med Inform 80:351-8. 2011Medical documentation is often incomplete. Missing information may impede or bias analysis of study data and can cause delays...
- The changes in caregivers' perceptions about the quality of information and benefits of nursing documentation associated with the introduction of an electronic documentation system in a nursing homeEsther N Munyisia
School of Information Systems and Technology, The University of Wollongong, Northfield Ave, Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
Int J Med Inform 80:116-26. 2011..have compared nursing home caregivers' perceptions about the quality of information and benefits of nursing documentation in paper and electronic formats...
- Quality and correlates of medical record documentation in the ambulatory care settingCarlos M Soto
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 2:22. 2002b>Documentation in the medical record facilitates the diagnosis and treatment of patients...
- Brainstorming about next-generation computer-based documentation: an AMIA clinical working group surveyKevin B Johnson
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 402 Eskind Biomedical Library, 2209 Garland Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232 8340, USA
Int J Med Inform 73:665-74. 2004..software to record histories, physical exams, and progress or procedure notes, known as computer-based documentation (CBD) software, has been touted as an important addition to the electronic health record...
- Documentation of pain care processes does not accurately reflect pain management delivered in primary careErin E Krebs
Center on Implementing Evidence Based Practice, Roudebush Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:194-9. 2010..Studies have found that primary care providers frequently fail to document pain assessment and management...
- Documentation and the transfer of clinical information in two aged care settingsDianne Pelletier
Centre for Health Services Management, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
Aust J Adv Nurs 22:40-5. 2005Increasingly, documentation, both formal and informal, is being undertaken by nurses using a range of modalities...
- Reliability of clinician-based (GRBAS and CAPE-V) and patient-based (V-RQOL and IPVI) documentation of voice disordersMichael P Karnell
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1078, USA
J Voice 21:576-90. 2007..The differences between clinician-based and patient-based data support the conclusion that clinicians and patients experience and consider dysphonia very differently...
- Changing attitudes towards online electronic health records and online patient documentation in rheumatology outpatientsJutta G Richter
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Rheumatology, University Hospital Duesseldorf, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Germany
Clin Exp Rheumatol 28:261-4. 2010The Internet supports interactive patient assessments, online documentation and access to online electronic health records (EHRs), but little is known about the acceptance of these features and trends in rheumatology patients...
- Documentation, assessment, and treatment of aggression in patients with newly diagnosed dementiaMark E Kunik
Houston Center for Quality of Care and Utilization Studies, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, TX 77030, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 21:115-21. 2007..Using guidelines as a benchmark for standard care, we examined medical records to assess the documentation, assessment, and treatment of aggression in patients newly diagnosed with dementia...
- Iterative evaluation of the Health Level 7--Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes Clinical Document Ontology for representing clinical document names: a case reportSookyung Hyun
School of Nursing, Columbia University School of Nursing 630 W 168 Street, Mail Box 6 New York, NY, 10032, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 16:395-9. 2009..The authors encourage other institutions to actively engage in testing healthcare standards and participating in standards development activities to increase the likelihood that the evolving standards will meet institutional needs...
- Putting guidelines into practice: improving documentation of pediatric asthma management using a decision-making toolAlan Shapiro
Community Pediatric Programs, Montefiore Medical Center, 853 Longwood Ave, Bronx, NY 10459, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:412-8. 2011To assess improvement in documentation of asthma indicators using the Asthma Toolbox, an asthma decision-making tool developed in accord with National Asthma Education and Prevention Program guidelines.
- Quantifying the volume of documented clinical information in critical illnessOrit Manor-Shulman
Department of Critical Care Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Crit Care 23:245-50. 2008..The purpose of this study is to describe the volume of clinical information documented in critical illness, its relationship to the use of intensive care unit (ICU) technology, and changes over time...
- Automatic mapping of clinical documentation to SNOMED CTHolger Stenzhorn
Institute for Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics, University Medical Center, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Stud Health Technol Inform 150:228-32. 2009Clinical documentation needs to be fine-grained to truthfully represent the history, development, and treatment of a patient...
- The impact of a Critical Care Information System (CCIS) on time spent charting and in direct patient care by staff in the ICU: a review of the literatureRebecca L Mador
University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Medicine, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Int J Med Inform 78:435-45. 2009..CCIS) into an intensive care unit (ICU) is purported to reduce the time health care providers (HCP) spend on documentation and increase the time available for direct patient care...
- Professional support for next of kin of patients receiving chronic haemodialysis treatment: a content analysis study of nursing documentationKristina Ziegert
School of Social and Health Sciences, Halmstad University, Halmstad, Sweden
J Clin Nurs 16:353-61. 2007The aim of this study was to examine the content of nursing documentation with a focus on professional support for next of kin (NoK) of patients receiving chronic haemodialysis treatment.
- The impact of language barriers on documentation of informed consent at a hospital with on-site interpreter servicesYael Schenker
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:294-9. 2007..Informed consent is legally and ethically required before invasive non-emergent procedures. Language barriers make obtaining informed consent more complex...
- TO-GO: a Java-based Gene Ontology navigation environmentUngsik Yu
National Genome Information Center, KRIBB, Oun 52, Yusong, Daejeon 305 333, Korea
Bioinformatics 21:3580-1. 2005..A copy/paste function is also implemented in order to facilitate data exchange between applications...
- GoFigure: automated Gene Ontology annotationSalim Khan
Department of Computer and Information Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19717, USA
Bioinformatics 19:2484-5. 2003..We have developed a web tool to predict Gene Ontology (GO) terms. The tool accepts an input DNA or protein sequence, and uses BLAST to identify homologous sequences in GO annotated databases. A graph is returned to the user via email...
- Open doorway to truth: legacy of the Minnesota tobacco trialRichard D Hurt
Division of Primary Care Internal Medicine, Nicotine Dependence Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 84:446-56. 2009....
- A new method for digital video documentation in surgical procedures and minimally invasive surgeryP N Wurnig
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Otto Wagner Spital Vienna, Sanatorium strasse 2, 1140 Vienna, Austria
Surg Endosc 17:232-5. 2003b>Documentation of surgical procedures is limited to the accuracy of description, which depends on the vocabulary and the descriptive prowess of the surgeon...
- BioInfer: a corpus for information extraction in the biomedical domainSampo Pyysalo
Turku Centre for Computer Science TUCS, University of Turku, Lemminkäisenkatu 14a, 20520 Turku, Finland
BMC Bioinformatics 8:50. 2007..The development and evaluation of such methods requires annotated domain corpora...
- Documentation of hip prostheses used in Norway: a critical review of the literature from 1996--2000Arild Aamodt
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Trondheim University Hospital, Trondheim
Acta Orthop Scand 75:663-76. 2004..We could not retrieve any peer-reviewed documentation for one third of the implants...
- Impacts of computerized physician documentation in a teaching hospital: perceptions of faculty and resident physiciansPeter J Embi
Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 11:300-9. 2004Computerized physician documentation (CPD) has been implemented throughout the nation's Veterans Affairs Medical Centers (VAMCs) and is likely to increasingly replace handwritten documentation in other institutions...
- Assessment and follow-up of suspected child abuse in preschool children with fractures seen in a general hospital emergency departmentDavid S Ziegler
Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 41:251-5. 2005..To evaluate the emergency department assessment and follow-up of possible child abuse in children with fractures...
- Investigating semantic similarity measures across the Gene Ontology: the relationship between sequence and annotationP W Lord
Department of Computer Science, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
Bioinformatics 19:1275-83. 2003..A measure of semantic similarity for the knowledge component of bioinformatics resources should afford a biologist a new tool in their repertoire of analyses...
- Documentation and management of overweight and obesity in primary careMolly E Waring
Center for Primary Care and Prevention, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket, RI 02860, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 22:544-52. 2009We examined overweight/obesity management in primary care in relation to body mass index (BMI), documentation of weight status, and comorbidities.
- Accuracy of intra-articular glenohumeral injections: the anterosuperior technique with arthroscopic documentationTimothy S Johnson
National Sports Medicine Institute, Lansdowne, Virginia, USA
Arthroscopy 27:745-9. 2011..Our objective was to assess the accuracy rate of needle placement with the anterosuperior technique of glenohumeral joint injection that uses familiar palpable superficial landmarks as a guide instead of diagnostic imaging...
- Improving reassessment and documentation of pain managementDebra B Gordon
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 34:509-17. 2008The Joint Commission standards on pain management address the documentation of assessment and reassessment. Yet, little has been published to describe when and how nurses perform and communicate reassessment of pain...
- Database documentation of retrotransposon insertion polymorphismsPing Liang
Department of Biological Sciences, Brock University, 500 Glenridge Ave, St Catharines, Ontario, Canada L2S 3A1
Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 4:1542-55. 2012..personal genomes data, making RIPs an important source of genetic variations/mutations that deserve proper documentation. In this review, we discuss the special characteristics of RIPs and the challenges in their compiling and ..
- Low documentation of chronic kidney disease among high-risk patients in a managed care population: a retrospective cohort studyIdris Guessous
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
BMC Nephrol 10:25. 2009..The prevalence and impact of major CKD risk factors, diabetes (DM) and hypertension (HTN), on CKD documentation among managed care populations have not been previously reported...
- High incidence of medication documentation errors in a Swiss university hospital due to the handwritten prescription processMaximilian J Hartel
Research Group for e medication, Bern University Hospital, Inselspital, CH 3010 Berne, Switzerland
BMC Health Serv Res 11:199. 2011..In this study we focused on identifying and quantifying errors in the handwritten drug ordering and dispensing documentation processes which could possibly lead to adverse drug events.
- Documentation of diabetes care in home nursing service in a Swedish municipality: a cross-sectional study on nurses' documentationMagdalena Annersten Gershater
Faculty of Health and Society, Malmo University, Malmo, Sweden
Scand J Caring Sci 25:220-6. 2011....
- Improvement in documentation using an electronic checklist for shoulder dystocia deliveriesShad H Deering
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington 98431, USA
Obstet Gynecol 116:63-6. 2010To estimate if using an electronic checklist improved the documentation of shoulder dystocias that occurred at our institution.
- Relationship between nursing documentation and patients' mortalitySarah A Collins
Partners HealthCare Systems, Wellesley, MA 02481, USA
Am J Crit Care 22:306-13. 2013..It was hypothesized that a nurse's behavior of recording optional documentation (beyond what is required) reflects concern about a patient's status and that mining data from patients' ..
- Clinical documentation: composition or synthesis?Lena Mamykina
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Columbia University, New York, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:1025-31. 2012To understand the nature of emerging electronic documentation practices, disconnects between documentation workflows and computing systems designed to support them, and ways to improve the design of electronic documentation systems.
- Malignant progression in meningioma: documentation of a series and analysis of cytogenetic findingsOssama Al-Mefty
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
J Neurosurg 101:210-8. 2004..In this study, the authors examined the data obtained in a group of patients with meningiomas that showed clear histopathological progression toward a higher grade of malignancy and then analyzed the underlying cytogenetic findings...
- Maternal depression and medication exposure during pregnancy: comparison of maternal retrospective recall to prospective documentationD J Newport
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
BJOG 115:681-8. 2008Outcome investigations of prenatal maternal depression and psychotropic exposure rely extensively on maternal retrospective recall. This study compared postnatal recall to prospective documentation of illness and medication exposures.
- Guidelines for the documentation and verification of measles, rubella, and congenital rubella syndrome elimination in the region of the AmericasCarlos Castillo-Solorzano
Pan American Health Organization, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Infect Dis 204:S683-9. 2011..To ensure a standardized approach for the process of documentation and verification, the Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) developed a ..
- "Smart Forms" in an Electronic Medical Record: documentation-based clinical decision support to improve disease managementJeffrey L Schnipper
Division of General Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 1620 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02120 1613, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 15:513-23. 2008..At Partners HealthCare, we are developing "Smart Forms" to facilitate documentation-based clinical decision support...
- Cognitive factors influencing perceptions of clinical documentation toolsS Trent Rosenbloom
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 8340, USA
J Biomed Inform 40:106-13. 2007Identifying healthcare providers' perceptions of clinical documentation methods can inform the design of computer-based documentation tools...
- Patient, resident physician, and visit factors associated with documentation of sexual history in the outpatient settingDanielle F Loeb
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:887-93. 2011..Providers need an accurate sexual history for appropriate screening and counseling, but data on the patient, visit, and physician factors associated with sexual history-taking are limited...
- Communication and documentation considerations for electronic health recordsAnn D Gaffey
George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
J Healthc Risk Manag 29:16-20. 2009..EHR system in the facility, the implications of the ability to cut-and-paste information from one provider entry to another, and knowledge of how to control the risk that comes with both copying forward and delayed EHR documentation.
- Compliance of physicians with documentation of an asthma management protocolSawsan Baddar
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, PO Box 35, Al Khoud, Postal Code 123, Sultanate of Oman
Respir Care 51:1432-40. 2006..Studies continue to show poor physician compliance with asthma management guidelines in clinical practice. However, standardized protocols specifically designed to be practical and user-friendly improve patient outcomes...
- Guidelines for documentation of treatment efficacy for young children who stutterJ C Ingham
Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences, University of California, Santa Barbara, 93106, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 41:753-70. 1998..Guidelines for such documentation are suggested and illustrated...
- Computerized provider documentation: findings and implications of a multisite study of clinicians and administratorsPeter J Embi
Department of Biomedical Informatics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 20:718-26. 2013Clinical documentation is central to the medical record and so to a range of healthcare and business processes...
- Improving adherence to asthma clinical guidelines and discharge documentation from emergency departments: implementation of a dynamic and integrated electronic decision support systemRaymond Kwok
Emergency Department, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, New South Wales, Australia
Emerg Med Australas 21:31-7. 2009..The objective of this present study was to evaluate the effectiveness of this system on asthma management and documentation in an ED.
- Italian version of the International Knee Documentation Committee Subjective Knee Form: cross-cultural adaptation and validationRoberto Padua
Orthopedics Department, San Giacomo Hospital, Rome, Italy
Arthroscopy 20:819-23. 2004..The aim of the study was to perform the cross-cultural adaptation and to assess the reliability and validity of the Italian version of the International Knee Documentation Committee (IKDC) Subjective Knee Form.
- [Validation of the new version of the minimal documentation system (MIDOS) for patients in palliative care : the German version of the edmonton symptom assessment scale (ESAS)]S Stiel
Klinik für Palliativmedizin, RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074 Aachen, Deutschland
Schmerz 24:596-604. 2010..In Germany, the Minimal Documentation System (MIDOS) has been designed specifically for palliative care patients...
- Preliminary development of the physician documentation quality instrumentPeter D Stetson
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Columbia University Medical Center, 622 West 168th Street, PH9 East, Room 105, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 15:534-41. 2008This study sought to design and validate a reliable instrument to assess the quality of physician documentation.
- The effect of a social work intervention to enhance advance care planning documentation in the nursing homeR Sean Morrison
Hertzberg Palliative Care Institute, Brookdale Department of Geriatrics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:290-4. 2005To assess the effect of a multicomponent advance care planning intervention directed at nursing home social workers on identification and documentation of preferences for medical treatments and on patient outcomes.
- Improving physician documentation through a clinical documentation management programTamara A Hicks
North Carolina Baptist Hospital, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Nurs Adm Q 27:285-9. 2003Improving physician documentation ensures that the patient's clinical course is clearly recorded...
- Outcome assessment and documentation: a friend or foe?Norbert Boos
Eur Spine J 15:S1-3. 2006
- Insights into creation and use of prescribing documentation in the hospital medical recordMary P Tully
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
J Eval Clin Pract 11:430-7. 2005..Yet little is known about the processes that result in those data. This study explores the creation and use of prescribing documentation in the medical record, from the perspective of the hospital doctors who both create and use it.
- Traditional toxicity documentation of Chinese Materia Medica--an overviewAlbert Y Leung
Phyto Technologies, Inc, Woodbine, Iowa, 51579, USA
Toxicol Pathol 34:319-26. 2006b>Documentation of Chinese materia medica (CMM) dates back to around 1,100 BC when only dozens of drugs were first described. By the end of the 16th century, the number of drugs documented had reached close to 1,900...
- Pharmacists' documentation in patients' hospital health records: issues and educational implicationsWendy Pullinger
Education and Training, St George s Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Int J Pharm Pract 18:108-15. 2010We aimed to identify potential barriers to hospital pharmacists' documentation in patients' hospital health records, and to explore pharmacists' training needs...
- Patient handover: time for a change?Annie Jenkin
Faculty of Health and Social Work, University of Plymouth, Portland Square Building, Plymouth PL4 8AA, United Kingdom
Accid Emerg Nurs 15:141-7. 2007..Handover has major implications for subsequent patient care but there has been little investigation of the handover process between ambulance and emergency department staff...
- Structured data entry of clinical information for documentation and data collectionN T Cheung
Hospital Authority Head Office, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Stud Health Technol Inform 84:609-13. 2001..A study of the CDF over a two month period showed that it improved the accuracy of completeness of data collection over a coding method which was based on selection of ICD-9-CM codes...
- The European Glaucoma Society Glaucocard project: improved digital documentation of medical data for glaucoma patients based on standardized structured international datasetsMarc Schargus
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:1757-68. 2008..and to define a glaucoma data set based on existing international standards of medical and ophthalmological documentation. To develop the technical environment for easy data mining and data exchange in different countries in Europe.
- Risk management measures for chemicals in consumer products: documentation, assessment, and communication across the supply chainYuri Bruinen de Bruin
European Commission Joint Research Centre, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection Physical and Chemical Exposure Unit, Ispra, Italy
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 17:S55-66. 2007..Information on RMMs was collected from published sources to demonstrate that a taxonomical approach using standard descriptors for RMMs libraries is needed for effective information exchange across supply chains...
- All referrals completed? The issues of liaison and documentation when discharging older people from an emergency department to homeMary E Dunnion
J Clin Nurs 17:2471-9. 2008
- Handover from paramedics: observations and emergency department clinician perceptionsGuohao Yong
Emergency Practice Innovation Centre, Department of Emergency Medicine, St Vincent s Health, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Emerg Med Australas 20:149-55. 2008..1. To evaluate emergency clinician attitudes towards handover from prehospital paramedics. 2. To determine the content and methods of paramedic handover delivery to emergency clinicians...
- A new computer enhanced visual learning method to train urology residents in pediatric orchiopexy: a prototype for Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education documentationMax Maizels
Division of Urology, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Urol 180:1814-8; discussion 1818. 2008Residency programs must continue to restructure teaching and assessment of surgical skills to improve the documentation of Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education competencies...
- Marburg hemorrhagic fever in Durba and Watsa, Democratic Republic of the Congo: clinical documentation, features of illness, and treatmentRobert Colebunders
Institute of Tropical Medicine Antwerp, Antwerp, B 2000, Belgium
J Infect Dis 196:S148-53. 2007..of Marburg hemorrhagic fever (MHF), to summarize the treatments applied, and to assess the quality of clinical documentation. Surveillance and clinical records of 77 patients with MHF cases were reviewed...
- Documentation of contraception and pregnancy when prescribing potentially teratogenic medications for reproductive-age womenEleanor Bimla Schwarz
Center for Research on Health Care, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Ann Intern Med 147:370-6. 2007..Certain medications are identified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as class D or X because they increase the risk for birth defects if used during pregnancy...
- Hospital-acquired catheter-associated urinary tract infection: documentation and coding issues may reduce financial impact of Medicare's new payment policyJennifer Meddings
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:627-33. 2010....
- Automatic notifications mediated by anesthesia information management systems reduce the frequency of prolonged gaps in blood pressure documentationJesse M Ehrenfeld
Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care, and Pain Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Anesth Analg 113:356-63. 2011....
- Medical student documentation in electronic health records: a collaborative statement from the Alliance for Clinical EducationMaya M Hammoud
Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Teach Learn Med 24:257-66. 2012..ACE recognizes the importance of medical student participation in patient care including the ability of documentation. This article proposes guidelines that can be used by educators to establish expectations on medical student ..
- Simple prescribing errors and allergy documentation in medical hospital admissions in Australia and New ZealandLorna Barton
The University of Western Australia
Clin Med 12:119-23. 2012..4% vs 25.7%; p < 0.001). Patients reviewed by a pharmacist were less likely to have inadequate documentation of allergies (13.5% vs 29.4%, p < 0.001)...
- Use of a codified medication process for documentation of home medicationsDavid L Green
Department of Pharmacy Services, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:608-12. 2010..authors conducted a comparative study of home medications using a non-codified and codified process for documentation of required data fields including drug, dose, route of administration, frequency, and schedule...
- Evidence within a portfolio-based assessment program: what do medical students select to document their performance?Elaine F Dannefer
Cleveland Clinic Learner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Med Teach 34:215-20. 2012....
- Improving Colonoscopy Quality through Automated MonitoringPiet C de Groen; Fiscal Year: 2010..To complicate matters, detailed documentation of quality-related aspects of colonoscopy is complex, labor-intensive and expensive and until now has to be ..
- Prevention of Complications in ThalassemiaElliott P Vichinsky; Fiscal Year: 2011b>Documentation of Capacity and Capability of the Northern California Thalassemia Center (NCTC) Prior work experience in conducting and addressing the research and programmatic objectives of the Research Initiative for the Prevention of ..
- High Throughput Genotyping and DNA Sequencing for Studying the Genetic ContributiSonia Dua; Fiscal Year: 2013..Maintain up-to-date documentation of all necessary Institutional Review Board and Animal Care and Use Committee approvals from outside ..
- Plasma Lipid Markers and Cancer RiskLu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..The ongoing WHS provides follow-up, ascertainment and documentation of cancer cases, and data on biomarkers, statin use, and covariates...
- Web-based Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO) System for Breast Cancer SurvivorsJOHN CHRISTOPHER WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2010..post- implementation referral rates;(D) comparison of patient-reported data to previous clinical documentation of ancillary factors such as QOL, substance abuse, tobacco use, mental health status;3...
- Chicago Community-Acquired Pneumonia ConsortiumRichard G Wunderink; Fiscal Year: 2010..antigen testing and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) detection of bacterial and viral genes, have not only made documentation of etiology more accurate but will allow diagnosis of a greater proportion of cases...
- Bioconductor: an open computing resource for genomicsMartin Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2010..The project maintains a web portal for delivering software and documentation to end users as well as an active mailing list...
- Biomedical Computing Support of Cancer Control and SurveillanceDAVID RONEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..provides computer systems analysis, programming, data management, data analysis, statistical reporting, and documentation services for research efforts primarily or secondarily conducted by the ARP (approximately 34% of the total) ..
- Economic Consequences of Advanced Testing for Subclinical Cardiovascular DiseaseLeslee J Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2010..and lifelong higher patterns of resource consumption that would not have been realized without the initial documentation of measureable subclinical CVD...
- Phase 2a Study of Ataluren in Hemophilia A and B (IND 104,321)JAY A BARTH; Fiscal Year: 2010..include other assessments of disease activity;determinations of ataluren safety, compliance, and exposure;and documentation of the occurrence of any bleeding episodes or use of exogenous FVIII/FIX concentrate...
- Regulatory Functions of APE1 - An Essential Repair ProteinSankar Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2010..In spite of extensive documentation of APE1's diverse regulatory functions, the requirement of its specific sequence motifs, domains and ..
- Geographically robust rapid assay for T. cruzi infectionSYAMAL X RAYCHAUDHURI; Fiscal Year: 2010..assays for chagas disease by manufacturing transfer of assay from R&D to ensure compliance with cGMP and documentation requirements per FDA regulations...
- GHSU/WSU Cooperative Reproductive Medicine NetworkMichael Peter Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2013..Coupled with our enlarged joint oiral and urban population, documentation of being a major recruiter of racially diverse patients in RMN trials, stellar history of protocol compliance, ..
- Reversing Non-adherence in American Indians with Diabetes Mellitus Type TwoMarlene K Wilken; Fiscal Year: 2012..Audio record, transcribe and analyze the discussion in the TC meetings using content analysis for documentation and future replication...
- Redefining Human Myocardial BiologyAnnarosa Leri; Fiscal Year: 2013..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The documentation that the human heart contains a population of stem cells that regulate myocardial growth in health and disease ..
- Prospective Study of Restless Leg SyndromeXiang Gao; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, documentation of the occurrence of RLS in our cohorts is the critical component of a large bank of information that includes ..
- Oxidative insults, antioxidative responses and type 1 diabetes complicationsTina Costacou; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will entail: 1) the careful review of existing charts and more detailed documentation of antioxidant use, involving calling a number of participants for clarifications and details...
- ROLE OF Nna1 IN RETINAL AND CEREBELLAR DEGENERATIONAlbert R La Spada; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our discovery of a role for Nna1 loss-of-function in mitochondrial dysfunction and our documentation of increased mitophagy in degenerating neurons provide us with a unique opportunity to delineate mechanistic ..
- Brain Matters 3: Values at the Crossroads of Neurology, Psychiatry, and PsychologPAUL JASON FORD; Fiscal Year: 2012..Ethical challenges facing clinicians and researchers include communication of disclosure, documentation and purposeful mislabeling, return to work requests, driving restrictions, placebo use in diagnosis and ..
- Chicago Community-Acquired Pneumonia Consortium IIRichard G Wunderink; Fiscal Year: 2013..antigen testing and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) detection of bacterial and viral genes, have not only made documentation of etiology more accurate than culture-based methods but define etiology in a greater proportion of cases...
- Plasmodium vivax recombinant CS protein vaccine for malariaB Kim Lee Sim; Fiscal Year: 2012..in mice and monkeys, 5) Define specifications for process, generate technical transfer records and documentation for cGMP manufacture, 6) Manufacture vaccine, conduct release assays, release bulk drug substance and conduct ..
- Measurement of health and disability trends, compression of morbidity aging studySomnath Chatterji; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed study will make all anonymized micro data available to researchers along with a full documentation of all metadata as per current standards...
- Automated Macrodissection DeviceNils B Adey; Fiscal Year: 2012..The system will improve process documentation and verification, enhancing the efforts toward electronic medical records...
- Neurochemical and metabolic regulation in the visual cortexMARGARET TT WONG-RILEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Documentation of NRF-1's role in regulating Na+K+ATPase will provide the missing link and complete the circle of ..
- Development of a Low Cost, Real-time Biofeedback Gait Retraining SystemSAUNDERS WHITTLESEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..of support) we will address the other barriers listed above by establishing a process for the creation and documentation of standardized protocols that will make this a practical clinical tool...
- EVOLUTION OF PSYCHOPATHOLOGY IN THE POPULATIONWilliam W Eaton; Fiscal Year: 2013..one and two decades after baseline, with a wide range of measures of mental and social functioning, facilitate documentation of these consequences. Mortality, costs, and non-monetary costs of mental disorders are affected by treatment...
- Early Life Determinants of Accelerated Pubertal Development in Adolescent GirlsAi Kubo; Fiscal Year: 2013..Electronic documentation of Tanner stage (an established five-stage classification scheme to assess pubertal development) from routine ..
- Health Information Technology to Support Clinical Decision Making in Obesity CareBONNIE L GANCE-CLEVELAND; Fiscal Year: 2012..Data collection strategies include: (1) chart reviews for documentation of adherence to guidelines, (2) parent surveys of provider support, (3) providers'self report of system ..
- Translating Child-Parent Psychotherapy into the Juvenile and Family Court SystemLYNNE FELDMAN KATZ; Fiscal Year: 2011..and clinical observational fidelity assessments at the dissemination sites, (d) structured and naturalistic documentation of dissemination and implementation activities, and (e) in-depth interviews with a subset of mothers who ..
- PATHOLOGY SUPPORT FOR THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SCIENCESTODD PAINTER; Fiscal Year: 2009..lesions in rodents, and 2) develop criteria and standardized terminology to facilitate consistent diagnosis, documentation and interpretation of the lesions observed, and 3) ensure uniformity, consistency, and accuracy of the ..
- PATHOLOGY SUPPORT FOR THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SCIENCESJames Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2011..lesions in rodents, and 2) develop criteria and standardized terminology to facilitate consistent diagnosis, documentation and interpretation of the lesions observed, and 3) ensure uniformity, consistency, and accuracy of the ..
- Transmission Electron Microscope for Core EM FacilityRoger Craig; Fiscal Year: 2009..and full integration of an embedded CCD camera, making it possible to record images rapidly and with full documentation. All of the projects that will use the microscope aim to provide fundamental insights into cellular structure ..
- Women's Ischemia Syndrome Evaluation (WISE) Coronary Vascular DysfunctionCarl J Pepine; Fiscal Year: 2013..Established WISE core laboratories and clinical sites will be used. Documentation of the link between invasive CRT and noninvasive CMRI imaging, and the prognostic value of this measure for ..
- From Innovation to Solutions: Autodialers, Use of Early Autumn Physicals and VacRichard K Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2012..also work with primary care practices to educate clinicians, to enhance electronic record keeping by reviewing documentation and by collaborating with Pennsylvania's Statewide Immunization Information System (PA-SIIS)...
- The Effects of Insiderness on Data in the Dominican RepublicMARIANO SANA; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, data collected from a number of sources-the project's own measurements, government-issued documentation and administrative records-will allow the researchers to assess the validity and reliability of survey ..
- Food and Drug Administration Research FERN Chemistry Cooperative Agreement: MN DeMICHELLE DAWN CAMPBELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..A Research Plan with project narrative and supporting documentation is submitted in the application package addressing: Four key project areas outlined in the program ..
- Clinically Relevant Genome Variation DatabaseSharon E Plon; Fiscal Year: 2013..relevant genetic variants and the clinical implications of these variants, with supporting evidence and documentation of the consensus process...
- Neonatal apnea: Online risk score from new analyses of bedside monitor waveformsJOSEPH RANDALL contact MOORMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..There are significant gaps in knowledge in its definition, documentation and management...
- Archiving Datasets of the Brain &Aging Research ProgramPerminder S Sachdev; Fiscal Year: 2012..Program at the University of New South Wales has established a number of longitudinal cohorts with extensive documentation. This proposal will see the public release of four longitudinal databases containing data (up to 2000+ ..
- Development of a Peptidomic Rapid Point-of-Care TB DiagnosticRAYMOND SAM NIEDBALA; Fiscal Year: 2013..deTect TB rapid lateral flow diagnostic kit, and to validate its performance, concurrent with developing all documentation needed for commercialization...
- Pain Assessment & Intervention Needs (PAIN)Fern Fitzhenry; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., assessment, intervention, and re-assessment) through documentation audits...
- A Novel Wireless Capsule Camera with High Resolution Optically Unwrapped 360-DegrJason Geng; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will also provide a unique tool for documentation, surgery planning, and training...
- Integrated Samples of Eurasian CensusesROBERT EDWARD MCCAA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The primary goal was processing data and documentation to create publicly-accessible large-scale census microdata samples from multiple decades for a wide range of ..
- Clinical Registry of Dental Outcomes in Head and Neck Cancer PatientsRajesh V Lalla; Fiscal Year: 2013..All subjects will receive a standard-of-care pre-RT dental assessment with detailed documentation of dental/oral status and pre-RT dental management...
- Innovative Device to Improve Safety of Preparing and Administering ChemotherapyPrasad Sunkara; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 3 study includes assessment of environmental surface contamination using analytic methods and will provide documentation of any device failures...
- Race and Ethnicity in Vaccination for Influenza in Vulnerable Elderly (REVIVE)NANCY JEAN KUPKA; Fiscal Year: 2011..It will also describe the collection and documentation of race and ethnicity information, and evaluate the validity of race reported on the resident assessment ..
- An Automated Multi-target Diagnostic System for Gastrointestinal PathogensMargarita B Rogatcheva; Fiscal Year: 2012..Transfer will require quality control (QC) of raw materials and the final product, documentation of formulations and dispense protocols for reaction mixtures and pilot lot production...
- Wirelessly Observed Therapy to Monitor Treatment of Mycobacterium TuberculosisLorenzo DiCarlo; Fiscal Year: 2013..to include: (i) the ability to see confirmation of ingestion of MTB medication ingestion, which will include documentation compatible with US PHD requirements;(ii) system generated warnings when any patient has gone for more than a ..
- Integrating Patient Generated Family Health History from Varied EHR Entry PortalsJennifer S Haas; Fiscal Year: 2010..The trial will examine and compare changes in family history documentation, patient-doctor discussion of family history, and patient and provider satisfaction with each data entry ..
- Racial Disparities in Clinical Outcomes and the Therapeutic Use of Radiotherapy fLynn D Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Documentation of such disparities is highly relevant as this would provide objective evidence to support revised medical ..
- GPS Base System :Support Walking Exercise &Health Monitoring for IDD IndividualDaniel K Davies; Fiscal Year: 2013..other stakeholders, 4) completion of final system design and development activities, and 5) complete system documentation and project reporting...
- Does a Psychiatric Comorbidity Affect the Management of DiabetesJohn B McKinlay; Fiscal Year: 2012..Further progress in the field requires moving beyond endless documentation of differences and toward understanding the quality of decision making-why these differences persist...
- Antimanic Use During PregnancyKatherine L Wisner; Fiscal Year: 2010..the BP illness course in the population through pregnancy and the first postpartum year, with careful documentation of treatment(s) and gestational timing...
- ANALYSIS AND ANNOTATION OF THE E. COLI GENOME SEQUENCEKENNETH EDWARD RUDD; Fiscal Year: 2012..function and citation update suggestions from partner databases and the public and to expand the datasets and documentation presented in the E...
- In-Clinic Assessment of Organ Doses for Interventional Fluoroscopic ProceduresDAVID BORREGO; Fiscal Year: 2013..release of the new DICOM Radiation Dose Structured Report (RDSR) which has the potential for near real-time documentation of all factors required for reconstruction of skin and internal organ dose...
- Longitudinal Extension of SHARE-Israel Baseline DataHoward Litwin; Fiscal Year: 2013..the data usable and accessible for longitudinal analysis, including data repair, treatment and imputations, documentation and organization of the data, archiving and the production of clean and accessible public use data files, and ..
- International Center of TCM for CancerLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2010..of clinical investigation including randomization, control groups, and blinding, as well as lack of documentation on compliance and outcomes...
- Conservation and Sustainable Use of Biodiversity in PNGLouis R Barrows; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Documentation and preservation of traditional knowledge concerning medicinal plant use in PNG will be a second emphasis of ..
- Portable device for monitoring water balance in elderlyArmen Sarvazyan; Fiscal Year: 2013..will culminate with developing a pre-production HM prototype and preparing comprehensive engineering documentation. The device will aim to comply with respective FDA Quality System Regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices ..
- STEP UP In Health-related ResearchRaul DeLa Cadena; Fiscal Year: 2013..the students to health-related research, scientific integrity, scientific thinking, critical evaluation and documentation, analysis of results, training in radiation and chemical safety, bloodborne pathogens, animal care, use of the ..
- Genetic Testing Immigration and Family Reunification: Impact on Hispanic FamilieLLILDA BARATA; Fiscal Year: 2011..This is typically done through documentation (e.g. birth certificates)...
- Effect of COMT genetic polymorphism on response to propranolol therapy in TMDINNA EVGENIEVNA TCHIVILEVA; Fiscal Year: 2012..we will finalize a research team;develop the trial protocol, the Manual of Procedures, and other required documentation;and establish tools for data management and oversight of the research needed to study 200 Caucasian female TMD ..
- Plant-Derived hepatitis B Vaccine from Biomanufacturing System to Clinical TrialRobert Britt; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Phase II SBIR application necessarily combines the logical path of progression for documentation of the QT Biomanufacturing System technology combined with the production of hepatitis B vaccine-bearing ..
- WEIBEL PALADE BODY FORMATION AND ROLE IN HEMOSTASISDENISA WAGNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..This is based on our documentation of increased leukocyte rolling in mice lacking the metalloprotease ADA[unreadable] MTS13 which reduces the ..
- SUBMACULAR SURGERY TRIALS--PHOTOGRAPH READING CENTERSusan Bressler; Fiscal Year: 2003..assessment of photograph quality and interpretation relative to inclusion and exclusion criteria, documentation of treatment adherence to protocol, evaluation of adverse events, evaluation of follow-up photos and archival ..
- LUNG DRUG DELIVERY WITH CARBON DIOXIDE AEROSOL INHALERSBrian Hansen; Fiscal Year: 2009..Industry (Metered Dose Inhaler and Dry Powder Inhaler Drug Products: Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls Documentation, CDER, 10/98)...
- Clinical Response to Biomarker Documentation of Child Secondhand Smoke ExposureANNE JOSEPH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Routine documentation of tobacco toxicants in children's urine has potential to dramatically alter clinical care for families ..
- DEFINING PRIMARY HHV-6 AND HHV7 INFECTIONS IN CHILDRENDanielle Zerr; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>Documentation of seroconversion is the current gold standard for diagnosis of HHV-6 infection, but by definition, it is not ..
- Towards the Building of a Comprehensive Searchable Biological Experiment DatabaseHong Yu; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., figures). More than any other documentation, figures usually represent the "evidence" of discovery in the biomedical literature...
- PATHOGENESIS & INTERVENTION STRATEGIES IN HEMORRHAGIC COPeter Bloom; Fiscal Year: 1999..Because of his interest in hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) stemming from his documentation of an outbreak of Shigella dysenteriae in Souther Africa, Dr...
- NATIONAL WORKSHOP 'BLACK DENTISTRY IN THE 21ST CENTURYMichael Razzoog; Fiscal Year: 1991The literature is void of, and there is no clear documentation of, the direction that black dentistry can use as a road map to its future in the coming years...
- NATIONAL WORKSHOP ON BLACK DENTISTRY IN THE 21ST CENTURYMichael Razzoog; Fiscal Year: 1991The literature is void of, and there is no clear documentation of the direction that Black dentistry can follow as a road map to its' future in the coming years...
- EVALUATION OF A GUIDELINE-BASED DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEMDavid Lobach; Fiscal Year: 2000..to relevant educational and instructional resources on the Web are incorporated into the guidelines, including documentation to promote evidence-based medicine...
- Human Subjects Research Enhancements ProgramJames Patrick; Fiscal Year: 2003..of scientific inquiry, the Office of Research at BCM developed a new approach to managing information and documentation of human research subject protections...