Genomes and Genes
Summary: Number of fetal deaths with stated or presumed gestation of 20 weeks or more in a given population. Late fetal mortality is death after of 28 weeks or more.
Publications228 found, 100 shown here
- Influence of definition based versus pragmatic birth registration on international comparisons of perinatal and infant mortality: population based retrospective studyK S Joseph
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 3N1
BMJ 344:e746. 2012..To examine variations in the registration of extremely low birthweight and early gestation births and to assess their effect on perinatal and infant mortality rankings of industrialised countries...
- Race and ethnic disparities in fetal mortality, preterm birth, and infant mortality in the United States: an overviewMarian F MacDorman
Reproductive Statistics Branch, Division of Vital Statistics, NCHS, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Semin Perinatol 35:200-8. 2011Infant mortality, fetal mortality, and preterm birth all represent important health challenges that have shown little recent improvement...
- Impact on fetal mortality and cardiovascular Doppler of selective ligature of uteroplacental vessels compared with undernutrition in a rabbit model of intrauterine growth restrictionE Eixarch
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Institut Clinic de Ginecologia, Obstetricia i Neonatologia, Hospital Clinic and Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Sabino de Arana 1, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Placenta 32:304-9. 2011..To compare the impact on birth weight, mortality and fetal haemodynamic changes of selective ligature of uteroplacental vessels vs maternal undernutrition as experimental models of intrauterine growth restriction in the pregnant rabbit...
- Gestational age patterns of fetal and neonatal mortality in Europe: results from the Euro-Peristat projectAshna D Mohangoo
Department Child Health, TNO Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e24727. 2011..6-9.1‰) and neonatal (1.6-5.7‰) mortality rates in 2004. We investigated gestational age patterns of fetal and neonatal mortality to improve our understanding of the differences between countries with low and high mortality...
- Impact of fetal death reporting requirements on early neonatal and fetal mortality rates and racial disparitiesCrystal P Tyler
Michigan State University, Department of Epidemiology, East Lansing, MI, USA
Public Health Rep 127:507-15. 2012..We examined whether such reporting requirements may explain national variation in neonatal and fetal mortality rates and racial disparities.
- International comparisons of fetal and neonatal mortality rates in high-income countries: should exclusion thresholds be based on birth weight or gestational age?Ashna D Mohangoo
Department of Child Health, TNO, Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e64869. 2013..We compared the effects of using a 1000-gram birth weight or a 28-week gestational age threshold on reported rates of fetal and neonatal mortality in Europe...
- Comparing regional infant death rates: the influence of preterm births <24 weeks of gestationLucy Smith
Department of Health Science, University of Leicester, 22 28 Princess Road West, Leicester LE1 6TP, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 98:F103-7. 2013..To investigate regional variation in the registration of preterm births <24 weeks of gestation and the impact on infant death rates for English Primary Care Trusts (PCTs)...
- A comparison of foetal and infant mortality in the United States and CanadaCande V Ananth
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901 1977, USA
Int J Epidemiol 38:480-9. 2009..Infant mortality rates are higher in the United States than in Canada. We explored this difference by comparing gestational age distributions and gestational age-specific mortality rates in the two countries...
- Fetal deaths in the United States, 1997 vs 1991Hongbo Yuan
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McGill University Faculty of Medicine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:489-95. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine the temporal change in fetal death risk in the US from 1991 to 1997, and to assess the extent to which changes in registration practices and labor induction have contributed to that change...
- Do differences in maternal age, parity and multiple births explain variations in fetal and neonatal mortality rates in Europe?--Results from the EURO-PERISTAT projectSabine Anthony
TNO Quality of Life, Department of Reproduction and Perinatology, Leiden, The Netherlands
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 23:292-300. 2009..The association between maternal age and fetal mortality declined as the prevalence of older mothers in the population increased...
- Long-term trends in fetal mortality: implications for developing countriesRobert Woods
Department of Geography, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L697ZT, England
Bull World Health Organ 86:460-6. 2008This paper discusses the problems of defining and measuring late-fetal mortality (stillbirths). It uses evidence from 11 developed countries to trace long-term trends in fetal mortality...
- [Teenage pregnancy and other risk factors for fetal and infant mortality in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil]Elaine Fernandes Viellas de Oliveira
Escola Nacional de Saude Publica Sergio Arouca, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 26:567-78. 2010..Teenage pregnancy itself was an independent factor for post-neonatal death. The findings reaffirm the relevance of social and health policies targeting adolescents, as well as improvements in prenatal care...
- [Risk factors for fetal mortality in a public maternity hospital in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: a case-control study]Sandra Costa Fonseca
Instituto de Saúde da Comunidade, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 26:240-52. 2010..Quality of prenatal care showed a large protective effect, thus becoming a key strategy for reducing fetal mortality in populations with low socioeconomic status.
- The measurement of historical trends in fetal mortality in England and WalesRobert Woods
Department of Geography, University of Liverpool, UK
Popul Stud (Camb) 59:147-62. 2005..It assesses the available historical evidence for the level of late-fetal mortality, drawing especially on examples from Norway, Sweden, and Denmark...
- [Accidental home deliveries in southern São Paulo, Brazil]Marcia Furquim de Almeida
Departamento de Epidemiologia, Faculdade de Saude Publica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Saude Publica 39:366-75. 2005..To identify the frequency, risks of fetal and early neonatal mortality and the determinants of accidental home deliveries...
- Perinatal periods of risk: analysis of fetal-infant mortality rates in Kansas City, MissouriJinwen Cai
Kansas City Health Department, Office of Epidemiology and Community Health Monitoring, Kansas City, MS, USA
Matern Child Health J 9:199-205. 2005..Results offer important information that can be used to develop community-based prevention strategies related to racial/ethnic disparities in infant mortality rates (IMR)...
- Association between congenital anomalies and paternal exposure to agricultural pesticides depending on mother's employment statusElena Ronda
Department of Public Health, Universidad de Alicante, Spain
J Occup Environ Med 47:826-8. 2005..We analyzed the association between fetal death from congenital anomalies and paternal agricultural occupation in mothers who were employed and in housewives...
- Regional population-based study on pregnancy outcomes in women with diabetes mellitus in JapanYuki Kodama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Perinatal Center, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 33:45-8. 2007..We compared pregnancy outcomes in diabetic women with the background population in Miyazaki, Japan...
- Perinatal outcome among non-residents in IsraelSharon Maslovitz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lis Maternity Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 7:315-9. 2005..Foreign workers in Israel are not covered by the comprehensive medical insurance that all Israelis receive. They have national insurance and injury-related coverage, which does not include routine pregnancy follow-up..
- Contributing factors of preterm delivery in parturient in a University Hospital in IranFatemeh Mirzaie
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, PO Box 76116914111, Afzalipour Hospital, Kerman, Iran mirzaie_fatemeh yahoo com
Saudi Med J 28:400-4. 2007..With considering the importance of preterm labor and lack of sufficient studies about the relationship between preterm labor and some factors such as cigarette smoking and opiate-using, the present study was designed...
- Fetal and perinatal mortality, United States, 2003Marian F MacDorman
Division of Vital Statistics, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Natl Vital Stat Rep 55:1-17. 2007..Trends in fetal and perinatal mortality are also examined...
- Toxoplasmosis: the innocent suspect of pregnancy wastage in Duhok, IraqA H Razzak
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, University of Duhok, Iraq
East Mediterr Health J 11:625-32. 2005..The results indicate that the contribution of toxoplasmosis to fetal loss in our region is greatly overestimated...
- Maternal and fetal outcome of anaesthesia for caesarean delivery in preeclampsia/eclampsia in Enugu, Nigeria: a retrospective observational studyU V Okafor
Department of Anaesthesia, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria
Int J Obstet Anesth 14:108-13. 2005..Accurate data are available for caesarean sections in the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu. We therefore studied the outcome of caesarean section among these high-risk patients...
- Burnt pregnant wives: a social stigmaVishal Mago
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Hospital, AMU, Aligarh 202002, India
Burns 31:175-7. 2005..Number of patients who expelled the dead foetus were 86. This study throws light on the bias against pregnant females, dowry factor and still further, female foeticide and oedipal dominance of mother in law over the grooms...
- [Patient volume and facilities measurements as quality indicators of peri- and neonatal care: a review of data from the last 4 years]C F Poets
Abteilung Neonatologie, Universitätskinderklinik Tübingen
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 208:220-5. 2004..This article reviews recent studies on the relationship between patient volume, level of care, and peri- or neonatal outcome for term and preterm infants...
- [Socio-cultural determinants of the lateness of the first prenatal consultation in a health district in Senegal]P Ndiaye
Service de Médecine Preventive et Santé Publique de la Faculté de médecine, de Pharmacie et d Odontostomatologie, a l Université Cheikh Anta DIOP UCAD, Dakar, Senegal
Sante Publique 17:531-8. 2005....
- Obstetric and neonatal outcomes in women who live in an urban resettlement area of Delhi, India: a cohort studyPragti Chhabra
Department of Community Medicine, University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital, Delhi, India
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 32:567-73. 2006..To study the pregnancy outcome, namely mode and place of delivery, attendant at birth and perinatal mortality in an urban resettlement area of Delhi, India, and to determine factors that affect the outcome...
- Pregnancy in women with Type 2 diabetes: who takes metformin and what is the outcome?R C E Hughes
Department of Medicine, Auckland, New Zealand
Diabet Med 23:318-22. 2006..To review pregnancy outcomes in women with Type 2 diabetes (Type 2 DM), comparing women treated with those not treated with metformin...
- Systematic review of adverse outcomes of external cephalic version and persisting breech presentation at termNatasha Nassar
Centre for Perinatal Health Services Research, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 20:163-71. 2006..Only with improved reporting and collection of safety data on ECV and persisting breech presentation can we provide high-quality information to assist informed decision making by pregnant women with a breech presentation at term...
- Burns in pregnancyHemmat Maghsoudi
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Medical Sciences of Tabriz, Iran
Burns 32:246-50. 2006..stratified by age, burn size, presence or absence of inhalation injury, trimester of pregnancy, maternal and fetal mortality, and cause of burn. The mean patient age was 24.2 years. There were 20 maternal deaths and 23 fetal deaths...
- [The effect of intrauterine development and nutritional status on intrauterine and neonatal mortality]Peter Berko
Borsod Abaúj Zemplén Megyei Kórház és Egyetemi Oktató Kórház, Szülészeti és Nogyógyászati Osztály
Orv Hetil 147:1369-75. 2006..The authors believe that the MDN system including the MDN table is a suitable method to differentiate the most endangered groups of neonates on the basis of their development and nutritional status...
- Estimation of optimal birth weights and gestational ages for twin births in JapanNoriko Kato
Department of Education Training Technology and Development, National Institute of Public Health, 2 3 6 minami, Wako Shi, Saitama, 351 0197, Japan
BMC Public Health 6:45. 2006....
- Trends in fetal and infant survival following preeclampsiaOlga Basso
Epidemiology Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
JAMA 296:1357-62. 2006..This practice has increased in recent decades, but its net effect on fetal and infant survival has not been assessed...
- Early access to prenatal care: implications for racial disparity in perinatal mortalityAndrew J Healy
Columbia University Medical Center, 622 West 168th Street, PH 16, New York, NY 10032, USA
Obstet Gynecol 107:625-31. 2006..To investigate racial disparities in perinatal mortality in women with early access to prenatal care...
- Risk factors for procedure-related fetal losses after mid-trimester genetic amniocentesisChoy Wah Kong
Fetal Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
Prenat Diagn 26:925-30. 2006....
- [Study on different onset patterns and perinatal outcomes in severe preeclampsia]Zi Yang
Department of Obstetric and Gynaecology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100083, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 41:302-6. 2006..To explore the different clinical onset patterns in severe preeclampsia...
- Validity of maternal and perinatal risk factors reported on fetal death certificatesMona T Lydon-Rochelle
Department of Family and Child Nursing, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7262, USA
Am J Public Health 95:1948-51. 2005..Additional population-based studies are needed to identify strategies to improve fetal death certificate data...
- Perinatal care in Portugal: effects of 15 years of a regionalized systemMaria Teresa Neto
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Hospital de Dona Estefânia, Lisbon, Portugal
Acta Paediatr 95:1349-52. 2006..To share information on the organization of perinatal care in Portugal...
- [Face presentation: retrospective study of 32 cases at term]G Ducarme
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Institut Mère Enfant Alix de Champagne, CHU de Reims, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 34:393-6. 2006..To determine the etiologic factors, circumstances of diagnosis, obstetrical management and complications of face presentation and to value the maternal and foetal prognosis of this presentation...
- Coffee and fetal death: a cohort study with prospective dataBodil Hammer Bech
Danish Epidemiology Science Centre, Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Institute of Public Health, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Epidemiol 162:983-90. 2005..Consumption of coffee during pregnancy was associated with a higher risk of fetal death, especially losses occurring after 20 completed weeks of gestation...
- Perinatal periods of risk analysis of infant mortality in Jackson County, MissouriJinwen Cai
Office of Epidemiology and Community Health Monitoring, Kansas City Health Department, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 13:270-7. 2007....
- Maternal and neonatal outcome following cerebrovascular accidents during pregnancyAsher Bashiri
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 20:241-7. 2007..To assess the clinical characteristics of maternal and neonatal outcome among women with cerebrovascular accidents (CVA) during pregnancy...
- Trends in intrapartum fetal death, 1979-2003Colin A Walsh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Rotunda Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:47.e1-7. 2008..This study was undertaken to analyze trends in intrapartum fetal death and rates of perinatal autopsy over a 25-year period in Dublin, Ireland...
- Hypertensive disorders in pregnancy: risk factors and epidemiologic analysisP Anastasiadis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Democritus University of Thrace, General Hospital of Alexandroupolis, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 34:154-8. 2007..To measure the incidence of preeclampsia-eclampsia and its perinatal mortality as they appear in the two major ethnic groups in Thrace: Christian Orthodox and Muslims...
- Fetal serum beta2-microglobulin before and after bladder shunting: a 2-step approach to evaluate fetuses with lower urinary tract obstructionFrank J Craparo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ospedale V Buzzi, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Urol 178:2576-9. 2007..We measured fetal serum beta2-microglobulin before and after bladder shunting to evaluate renal function...
- The male/female ratio of spontaneous fetal deaths and low birthweight in JapanHiroki Ohmi
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Faculty of Health and Welfare Science, Nayoro City University, Nayoro, Japan
Pediatr Int 50:262-3. 2008
- Fetal and perinatal mortality, United States, 2004Marian F MacDorman
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, Division of Vital Statistics, USA
Natl Vital Stat Rep 56:1-19. 2007..Trends in fetal and perinatal mortality are also examined...
- [Amniocentesis practice assessment of the south-west Francilian network during 2003]J Laperrelle
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Antoine Beclere, 157, rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92140 Clamart Cedex, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 37:135-42. 2008..To assess amniocentesis practice of a network during one year...
- [Independent expertise of medical service quality in perinatal, infantile and children's mortality]N G Glukhovets
Arkh Patol 67:49-51. 2005..Information on principles and practical results of intraoffice expertise of medical documents in cases of the above mortality is presented...
- Maternal, perinatal and infant outcome of spontaneous pregnancy in the sixth decade of lifeEnrique Donoso
Unidad de Medicina Materno Fetal, Departamento de Obstetricia y Ginecologia, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Maturitas 59:381-6. 2008..Pregnancy in the older woman is a well-known risk factor for perinatal morbidity and mortality...
- Children of the intensive care unitStephen E Lapinsky
Crit Care Med 36:2934-5. 2008
- Management of biliary tract disease during pregnancy: a decision analysisEric B Jelin
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Surg Endosc 22:54-60. 2008..Although laparoscopic cholecystectomy can be performed safely during pregnancy, the timing and indications for this surgical intervention have not been firmly established...
- Unexplained antepartum fetal deaths: what are the determinants?Rachana Chibber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, King Faisal University Teaching Hospital, PO BOX 40126, 31952 Al Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Arch Gynecol Obstet 271:286-91. 2005..The objective was to assess fetal, antenatal, and pregnancy determinants of unexplained antepartum fetal death...
- Liver disease in pregnancy and its influence on maternal and fetal mortality: a prospective study from Chennai, Southern IndiaCoimbatore Azeez Rasheeda
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:362-4. 2008
- Trends in triplet stillbirth rates in Japan, 1975-1998Yoko Imaizumi
Department of Health System Management, Faculty of Health Science, Hyogo University, Kakogawa City, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
Twin Res 7:233-8. 2004..It is recommended that the optimum period to give birth for triplet pregnancies is 34-35 weeks of gestation for Japanese women...
- The pregnant trauma patientL Weinberg
Department of Anaesthesia, Austin Health, Heidelberg, Victoria
Anaesth Intensive Care 33:167-80. 2005..This in turn should improve morbidity and mortality. A framework for the acute care of the pregnant trauma patient is presented...
- Trends in the modes of delivery and their impact on perinatal mortality ratesGeraldo Duarte
Departamento de Ginecologia e Obstetricia, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Rev Saude Publica 38:379-84. 2004..To determine changes in the incidence of vaginal deliveries, cesarean sections, and forceps deliveries and their potential association with fetal, early neonatal, and perinatal mortality rates over time...
- [Perinatal care in Croatia. Yesterday, today, tomorrow]Ante Drazancić
Klinika za zenske bolesti i porode, Medicinski fakultet u Zagrebu, KBC Zagreb
Lijec Vjesn 129:87-99. 2007..8%, and for those > or =1000 grams or > or =27 weeks up to 5.8%. The fetal mortality continues to be stagnant at a rate of about 4...
- Perinatal outcomes in severe preeclampsia-eclampsia with and without HELLP syndromeAhmet Gul
Maternal and Fetal Unit, Istanbul SSK Bakirkoy Women and Children Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Gynecol Obstet Invest 59:113-8. 2005..Our purpose was to find out and compare perinatal outcomes in pregnancies complicated by severe preeclampsia-eclampsia with and without HELLP syndrome...
- The effect of parental race on fetal and infant mortality in twin gestationsHongzhuan Tan
OMNI Research Group, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine, Ottawa, Canada
J Natl Med Assoc 96:1337-43. 2004..51; and RR 1.49, 95% CI 1.26-1.77) were all significantly different from W-W but not from each other. When fetal mortality was added to infant mortality, the combined mortality was highest for B-B (RR 1.66, 95% CI 1.58-1...
- Survival and major neonatal complications in infants born between 22 0/7 and 24 6/7 weeks of gestation (1999-2003)Jean Claude Fauchere
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:e60; author reply e60-1. 2007
- Protozoan infections (Toxoplasma gondii, Neospora caninum and Sarcocystis spp.) in sheep and goats: recent advancesD Buxton
Division of Virology, Moredun Research Institute, International Research Centre, Scotland, UK
Vet Res 29:289-310. 1998The protozoan parasite Toxoplasma gondii is a serious cause of fetal mortality in sheep and goats. Oocysts, the parasite stage responsible for initiating infection, are produced following a primary infection in cats...
- [Birth rates and reproductive risk in adolescents in Chile, 1990-1999]Enrique Donoso Siña
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Departamento de Obstetricia y Ginecologia, Santiago, Chile
Rev Panam Salud Publica 14:3-8. 2003..For Chilean teenage mothers under 15 years old and from 15 to 19 years old, to evaluate the trends in birth rates and reproductive risk for the period of 1990-1999...
- [Quantitative Cardiotocography--what does it look like and what can we expect]V M Roemer
Institut für Perinatale Medizin am Klinikum Lippe Detmold GmbH, Lehrkrankenhaus der Westfälischen Wilhelms Universität Münster, Röntgenstrasse 18, 32756 Detmold
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 210:77-91. 2006..Therefore, the idea must be born in mind to analyze fetal heart frequency (FHF) by computer, first off-line then on-line, in order to evaluate its true diagnostic power objectively...
- Laparoscopic surgery for symptomatic cholelithiasis during pregnancyMohammed N Bani Hani
Department of Surgery, Jordan University of Science and Technology, King Abdullah University Hospital, Irbid, Jordan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 17:482-6. 2007..This is achieved by analysis of 10 successful cases of symptomatic cholelithiasis operated laparoscopically during pregnancy...
- Early pregnancy diagnosis by palpation per rectum: influence on embryo/fetal viability in dairy cattleJuan E Romano
Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77845, USA
Theriogenology 67:486-93. 2007..0% (73/520). Embryonic death (10%; 52/520) was higher than fetal death (4.5%; 21/468; P<0.001). Embryo/fetal mortality was higher in cows (16.4%; 59/360) than in heifers (8.8%; 14/160; P<0.025) and in cattle with twin (25...
- Embryo transfer in the dromedary camel (Camelus dromedarius) using asynchronous, meclofenamic acid-treated recipientsJulian A Skidmore
The Camel Reproduction Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reprod Fertil Dev 17:417-21. 2005..were lost when the conceptus was aged between 22 and 60 days, but this is not considered above the early fetal mortality rate expected in camels after natural mating or after transferring camel embryos to untreated recipients...
- Effects of ovulation rate and fetal number on fertility in twin-producing cattleS E Echternkamp
USDA ARS, US Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, NE 68933, USA
J Anim Sci 85:3228-38. 2007..Thus, increased calf production from selecting for increased ovulation rate in beef cattle is tempered by increased fetal mortality, partially associated with the crowding of 2 or 3 fetuses within 1 uterine horn, especially in heifers.
- Contributions of dam and conceptus to differences in sensitivity to valproic acid among C57 black and SWV miceS L Beck
Department of Biology, DePaul University, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Reprod Toxicol 13:353-60. 1999..of sensitivity to mortality is also seen by the observation that F1-dams x C-sires produces the same fetal mortality as C-dams x F1-sires...
- Accuracy of serum uric acid in predicting complications of pre-eclampsia: a systematic reviewS Thangaratinam
Academic Unit of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Maternity Block, University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, UK
BJOG 113:369-78. 2006Pre-eclampsia is one of the largest causes of maternal and fetal mortality and morbidity. Hyperuricemia is often associated with pre-eclampsia.
- The implications of autoimmunity and pregnancyAndrea T Borchers
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, University of California at Davis School of Medicine, 451 Health Sciences Drive, Suite 6510, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Autoimmun 34:J287-99. 2010..during gestation and increased perinatal mortality and morbidity in most autoimmune diseases, whereas fetal mortality is characteristic of the anti-phospholipid syndrome (APS)...
- Relationship between size of the ovulatory follicle and pregnancy success in beef heifersG A Perry
USDA ARS, Fort Keogh Livestock and Range Research Laboratory, Miles City, MT 59301, USA
J Anim Sci 85:684-9. 2007..of the ovulatory follicle at the time of insemination significantly influenced pregnancy rates and embryonic/fetal mortality after fixed-timed AI in postpartum cows, but no effect on pregnancy rates was detected when cows ovulated ..
- Annual summary of vital statistics: 2007Melonie Heron
Division of Vital Statistics, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, Maryland 20782, USA
Pediatrics 125:4-15. 2010..States in the southeastern United States had the highest infant and fetal mortality rates. The United States continues to rank poorly in international comparisons of infant mortality...
- Vaginal birth after one previous caesarean section in a tertiary institution in NigeriaA O Aisien
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:886-90. 2004..vaginal birth after one previous section were significantly less than the respective overall maternal and fetal mortality from the institution...
- Maternal and fetal outcome after colectomy for fulminant ulcerative colitis during pregnancy: case series and literature reviewEric J Dozois
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 49:64-73. 2006..This study was designed to assess the maternal and fetal outcomes of pregnant females undergoing colectomy for ulcerative colitis in the current era...
- Preterm birth, stillbirth and infant mortality among triplet births in Canada, 1985-96K S Joseph
Department of Obstetrics and Gyneacology, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 16:141-8. 2002..In spite of temporal reductions in infant mortality, triplet births continue to be associated with very high rates of preterm birth and fetal and infant mortality. Fetal mortality among triplets has not changed over the last ten years.
- Environmental tobacco smoke and pregnancy outcomeMartin Kharrazi
Genetic Disease Branch, California Department of Health Services, Richmond, California 94804, USA
Epidemiology 15:660-70. 2004..However, the threshold and magnitude of that effect is uncertain. We aimed to determine the magnitude and shape of the relations between ETS and various adverse pregnancy outcomes using a highly sensitive biochemical assay...
- Maternal caffeine consumption and fetal death: a case-control study in UruguayAlicia Matijasevich
Post Graduate Program in Epidemiology, Federal University of Pelotas, Pelotas, Brazil
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 20:100-9. 2006The objective of this study was to examine the association between caffeine intake during pregnancy and fetal mortality in Montevideo, the capital city of Uruguay, taking into account several potential confounding factors...
- Reactive oxygen species are involved in lipopolysaccharide-induced intrauterine growth restriction and skeletal development retardation in miceDe Xiang Xu
Department of Toxicology, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, People s Republic of China
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1707-14. 2006....
- [Pre-eclampsia screening in first and second trimester]Anjeung Kang
Frauenklinik, Universitatsspital Basel
Ther Umsch 65:663-6. 2008..This form of pre-eclampsia is associated with higher maternal and fetal mortality. Constant maternal hypertension potentially alter vascular integrity of the placenta with further ..
- Multiple deliveries in North Carolina: effects on birth outcomesR E Meyer
State Center for Health Statistics, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Raleigh 27699 1908, USA
Matern Child Health J 3:233-40. 1999The purpose of this study is to examine the trends in multiple deliveries in North Carolina and assess their effect on the rates of low birth weight, fetal mortality, and infant mortality.
- [Factors associated with stillbirth in a school maternity in Pernambuco: a case control study]Lannuze Gomes Andrade
Departamento de Enfermagem, Instituto de Medicina Integral Prof Fernando Figueira, CEP 50070 450 Recife, PE, Brasil
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 31:285-92. 2009..to investigate the main factors associated with fetal death in the city of Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil...
- Essential fatty acid supplementation of DHA and ARA and effects on neurodevelopment across animal species: a review of the literatureKaren Davis-Bruno
Office of New Drugs, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 92:240-50. 2011..animals have reported shortened gestation, fetal growth retardation, reduced infant body mass, and increased fetal mortality with consumption of fatty acids during pregnancy...
- Controlled fetal blood-letting of the recipient twin as a new method for the treatment of severe twin-twin transfusion syndrome: preliminary resultsM Bellotti
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, DMSD San Paolo, Via di Rudini 8, 20142 Milan, Italy
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 18:666-8. 2001..To investigate the feasibility of withdrawal of blood from the recipient twin as a new method for the treatment of severe twin-twin transfusion syndrome...
- Epidemiological and clinical analysis of a consecutive series of conjoined twins in SpainMaria Luisa Martinez-Frias
ECEMC, Centro de Investigación sobre Anomalías Congénitas, del Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
J Pediatr Surg 44:811-20. 2009..The aim of the study was to analyze the frequency and certain epidemiological characteristics of a consecutive series of conjoined twins born in Spain...
- A modification of the uterine artery restriction technique in the guinea pig fetus produces asymmetrical ultrasound growthA J Turner
University of Sydney, Westmead Hospital, Hawkesbury Road, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
Placenta 30:236-40. 2009..The development of growth restriction was documented by measuring fetal biparietal diameter (BPD) and the resistance index (RI) of the umbilical artery blood flow velocity waveform...
- Secular trends in congenital anomaly-related fetal and infant mortality in Canada, 1985-1996S Liu
Bureau of Reproductive and Child Health, Centre for Healthy Human Development, Health Canada, HPB Building 7, Tunney s Pasture AL 0701D, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1A OL2
Am J Med Genet 104:7-13. 2001..The overall fetal mortality rate due to congenital anomalies increased significantly, from 68...
- In utero repair of myelomeningocele: experimental pathophysiology, initial clinical experience, and outcomesDiana L Farmer
Departments of Surgery and Neurosurgery and the Fetal Treatment Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0570, USA
Arch Surg 138:872-8. 2003..Experimental work raises the possibility that in utero repair of myelomeningocele (MMC) may improve lower extremity, bladder, and bowel function, ameliorate the Arnold-Chiari malformation, and decrease the need for postnatal shunting...
- Prenatal exposure to diaethylstilbestrol in the rat inhibits transabdominal testicular descent with involvement of the INSL3/LGR8 system and HOXA10Lin Zhang
Department of Urology, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:967-71. 2009..The effect of DES on steroidogenic factor-1 (SF-1), that has been reported to control transcription of insulin-like factor 3 (INSL3), was also investigated...
- Diagnosis of appendicitis during pregnancy and perinatal outcome in the late pregnancyYan Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:521-4. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine the risk factors associated with prenatal outcome in acute appendicitis during second and third trimester pregnancies...
- Gastroschisis is caused by the combination of carbon monoxide and protein-zinc deficiencies in miceJarnail Singh
Department of Natural Sciences, Stillman College, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35403, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 68:355-62. 2003..Its occurrence is noted primarily in the offspring of young mothers who often smoke during pregnancy. The incidence of gastroschisis has been increasing in many countries in recent years. The etiology of gastroschisis is not known...
- Inflammatory mediators weaken the amniotic membrane barrier through disruption of tight junctionsKen Kobayashi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
J Physiol 588:4859-69. 2010..infections render the amniotic fluid an adverse environment for the fetus and increase the risk of fetal mortality and morbidity...
- Prophylactic intraoperative uterine artery embolization to control hemorrhage in abnormal placentation during late gestationPao Chu Yu
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Fertil Steril 91:1951-5. 2009..To determine whether prophylactic intraoperative uterine artery embolization (UAE) reduces blood loss and minimizes morbidity and mortality in cases of placenta accreta, increta, and percreta...
- Korean red ginseng extract does not cause embryo-fetal death or abnormalities in miceSunhee Shin
College of Veterinary Medicine and Research Institute of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, 410 Seongbongro Gaeshin dong, Cheongju, Chungbuk 361 763, Korea
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 89:78-85. 2010..We investigated the effects of Korean red ginseng extract (KRGE) on embryonic implantation and fetal development in mice...
- Why is the fetal allograft not rejected?C J Davies
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology and Center for Reproductive Biology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman 99164 7040, USA
J Anim Sci 85:E32-5. 2007..Consequently, it appears that the high rate of fetal mortality in SCNT pregnancies is due, at least in part, to inappropriate expression of trophoblast, MHC class I ..
- Highly efficient dissociation of oxygen from hemoglobin in Tibetan chicken embryos compared with lowland chicken embryos incubated in hypoxiaC Liu
State Key Laboratory for Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
Poult Sci 88:2689-94. 2009..In avian embryos, lack of oxygen will lead to high fetal mortality, heteroplasia, and cardiovascular dysfunction...
- Fetal therapy with rhIGF-1 in a rabbit model of intrauterine growth retardationE D Skarsgard
Department of Surgery, Lucile Packard Children s Hospital, Palo Alto, California 94025, USA
J Surg Res 99:142-6. 2001....
- Does caffeine consumption during pregnancy increase the risk of fetal mortality? A literature reviewAlicia Matijasevich
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Pelotas, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 21:1676-84. 2005..to evaluate the available epidemiological evidence of the effect of caffeine consumption during pregnancy on fetal mortality. A systematic qualitative review of observational studies that referred to any source of exposure to caffeine ..
- [Pre-eclampsia treatment according to scientific evidence]Carlos Noronha Neto
Saúde Materno Infantil do Instituto de Medicina Integral Prof Fernando Figueira IMIP Recife PE, Brasil
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 32:459-68. 2010..a practical standpoint, pre-eclampsia remains a syndrome that leads to serious repercussions on maternal and fetal mortality and its etiology is not well known...
- Pregnancy-related acute renal failure: A single-center experienceK R Goplani
Department of Nephrology, Institute of Kidney Disease and Research Centre and Dr HL Trivedi Institute of Transplantation Sciences, Civil Hospital, Asarwa, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Indian J Nephrol 18:17-21. 2008..acute renal failure (ARF) is a common occurrence and is associated with substantial maternal and fetal mortality. It also bears a high risk of bilateral renal cortical necrosis...
- Pregnancy loss after first trimester viability in women with sickle cell trait: a preliminary reportMichelle Y Taylor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi, USA
South Med J 101:150-1. 2008..Traditionally, sickle cell trait has not been associated with a higher risk of fetal death, but we noted several, which led us to assess all such pregnancies...
- Impact of Obstetric Unit Closures on Pregnancy OutcomesScott A Lorch; Fiscal Year: 2013..of 1995-1996, this reduction in obstetric bed supply resulted in an initial increase in neonatal and all fetal mortality, an initial and late decline in the number of deliveries via Cesarean section...
- Maternal obesity, weight gain and the black-white disparity in stillbirthLisa M Bodnar; Fiscal Year: 2012..avoid misclassification and provides clues into mechanisms linking prepregnancy weight and weight gain to fetal mortality. This novel, cost-efficient study builds upon and extends existing literature by using innovative methods to ..
- Targeting Placental Pathophysiology in IUGR and PreeclampsiaSeth Guller; Fiscal Year: 2010The fetal mortality rate in pregnancies with severe intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) and preeclampsia (PE) approaches 50%...
- RENAL FUNCTION AND BLOOD PRESSURE CONTROL IN PREGNANCYEdmond Quillen; Fiscal Year: 2000..In half of this number (6-8%), maternal and fetal mortality and morbidity are threatened by the hypertension, proteinuria and pathological edema of pre-eclampsia...
- Prevention of Preterm Birth in high Risk Nulliparous PatientsRonald Wapner; Fiscal Year: 2013..obstetrics, and the rate of preterm birth (PTB) continues to rise resulting in the single largest cause of fetal mortality and long term morbidity...
- Miniature Laser Therapy EndoscopeGuillermo Tearney; Fiscal Year: 2009..When left untreated, fetal mortality is very high, up to 90% in some studies...
- ABNORMAL SODIUM HOMEOSTASIS IN HYPERTENSIVE PREGNANCYSteven Graves; Fiscal Year: 1992Pregnancy-induced hypertension (PIH) is a leading cause of maternal and fetal mortality and morbidity. The antecedents of this disease are not well resolved, and many etiologies have been proposed...
- The demographic trajectory of the sex ratio in human pregnancySTEVEN ORZACK; Fiscal Year: 2009..analyze all published data on the sex ratios of induced abortions as well as published data on sex- specific fetal mortality after twenty weeks of pregnancy in order to describe the trajectory of the human sex ratio from early ..
- SELF-ADHERING NONINVASIVE INTRAUTERINE PRESSURE MONITORJOSEPH ORR; Fiscal Year: 1992..is useful in assessing the progress of labor and for detection of preterm labor, a leading cause of fetal mortality and morbidity...
- ACTIVE NORMOXIC PULMONARY VASODILATATIONEdward Weir; Fiscal Year: 1980..These inhibitors are also being tested in the isolated perfused rat lung. We have demonstrated a high fetal mortality in pregnant rabbits treated with the kininase II inhibitor, captopril...
- Reprogramming of X-linked genes by nuclear transferX Tian; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MATERNAL MALARIA--PARASITE ADHESION AND ANTIBODIESPatrick Duffy; Fiscal Year: 2001..Further, the delineation of binding domains and B cell epitopes will provide the basis to design an anti-adhesion vaccine to protect primigravid and other women susceptible to placental infection with the CSA-binding parasites. ..
- OMEGA-3 SUPPLMENTATION DECREASES INFLAMMATION AND FETAL OBESITY IN PREGNANCYSylvie Hauguel De Mouzon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Pretiminary data witt also be obtained on fetat body composition in order to later address the prevention of the long term adverse effects (devetopmental programming) of maternal obesity in the developing fetus. ..
- INTRAUTERINE ASPHYXIAL ENCEPHALOPATHYPeter Gluckman; Fiscal Year: 2001..By further elucidating the pathogenesis of prenatal and perinatal asphyxial encephalopathy these studies will provide important information towards improving perinatal diagnosis, monitoring and intervention. ..
- PHASE IB TRIAL OF CYTOMEGALOVIRUS GLYCOPROTEIN B VACCINEPaul Griffiths; Fiscal Year: 2008..If a vaccine schedule can be identified which controls viral load, this will be recommended for a phase II placebo-controlled trial of clinical efficacy. ..
- VACCINES FOR PREVENTION OF EXPERIMENTAL CONGENITAL CMVMark Schleiss; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that these subunit vaccine studies in this small animal model will clarify which strategies may be of value for vaccination against congenital HCMV infection. ..
- SCORE PROGRAM AT STILLMAN COLLEGEJarnail Singh; Fiscal Year: 2008..This, in turn, will enhance students' college experience and motivate more minority students to pursue graduate degrees in the sciences. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANTI-VIRAL TREATMENT OF DEVELOPING BOVINE EMBRYOSMaurice Givens; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Pathogenesis of falciparum malaria in infancyPatrick Duffy; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identifying new therapies for children is an urgent public health goal, but is not a funding priority for the United States Department of Defense. ..
- CENTER FOR STUDY OF GROWTH REGULATION IN HUMAN PREGNANCYPatrick Catalano; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Transgenic Plant-Derived CMV Glycoprotein B VaccineMark Schleiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will advance the fields of plant and CMV vaccines. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Strategy for Animal Model Testing of HCMV VaccinesMark Schleiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will represent the first efficacy test of a human CMV subunit vaccine in a small animal model of congenital CMV infection. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epidemiologic Study of Placental AbruptionCande Ananth; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also add substantial new evidence for associations of several genetic thrombophilias and abruption risk. ..
- Regulation of GnRH Neuronal Development by FGF SignalingJohn Gill; Fiscal Year: 2005..Critical stages of GnRH neuron development will be evaluated in mice to discern the functional contribution of FGF signaling in this important neuroendocrine system. ..