Genomes and Genes
Summary: Summarizing techniques used to describe the pattern of mortality and survival in populations. These methods can be applied to the study not only of death, but also of any defined endpoint such as the onset of disease or the occurrence of disease complications.
Publications228 found, 100 shown here
- Demography. Broken limits to life expectancyJim Oeppen
Cambridge Group for the History of Population and Social Structure, Cambridge University, Cambridge, CB2 3EN, UK
Science 296:1029-31. 2002
- Tyrannosaur life tables: an example of nonavian dinosaur population biologyGregory M Erickson
Department of Biological Science, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306, USA
Science 313:213-7. 2006..Factors such as predation and entrance into the breeding population may have influenced tyrannosaur survivorship. This survivorship pattern can explain the rarity of juvenile specimens in museum collections...
- A longitudinal study of the effects of age and time to death on hospital costsMeena Seshamani
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Health Econ 23:217-35. 2004..The large tenfold increase in costs from 5 years prior to death to the last year of life overshadows the 30% increase in costs from age 65 to 85. Hence, expenditure projections must consider remaining life expectancy in the populations...
- Chapter 3: Cohort life tables by smoking status, removing lung cancer as a cause of deathMarjorie A Rosenberg
University of Wisconsin Madison, 975 University Ave, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Risk Anal 32:S25-38. 2012The purpose of this study was to develop life tables by smoking status removing lung cancer as a cause of death...
- United States life tables, 1998R N Anderson
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, 6525 Belcrest Road, Hyattsville, Maryland 20782-2003, USA
Natl Vital Stat Rep 48:1-40. 2001The life tables in this report are current life tables for the United States based on age-specific death rates in 1998...
- Framingham risk score and prediction of lifetime risk for coronary heart diseaseDonald M Lloyd-Jones
Department of Preventive Medicine and Division of Cardiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois
Am J Cardiol 94:20-4. 2004..Further work is needed to generate multivariate risk models that can reliably predict lifetime risk for CHD...
- Longevity disparities in multiethnic Hawaii: an analysis of 2000 life tablesChai Bin Park
University of Hawaii, Department of Public Health Sciences, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Public Health Rep 124:579-84. 2009..We examined differences among seven major ethnic groups in Hawaii in life expectancy at birth (e) and mortality at broad age groups...
- United States life tables, 2007Elizabeth Arias
U S Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, National Vital Statistics System, Division of Vital Statistics, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Natl Vital Stat Rep 59:1-60. 2011This report presents complete period life tables by race, Hispanic origin, and sex for the United States based on age-specific death rates in 2007.
- Mortality in patients with childhood-onset type 1 diabetes in Finland, Estonia, and Lithuania: follow-up of nationwide cohortsT Podar
Hospital of Endocrinology, Clinicum of the University of Tartu, Estonia
Diabetes Care 23:290-4. 2000..To assess mortality of population-based cohorts of childhood-onset type 1 diabetic patients from the Eastern European countries of Estonia and Lithuania and compare this information with recent data from Finland...
- Modeling medical prognosis: survival analysis techniquesL Ohno-Machado
Decision Systems Group, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Health Science and Technology Division, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 75 Francis Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biomed Inform 34:428-39. 2001..We review their use in several medical domains and discuss different implementation strategies. Advantages and disadvantages of these methods are outlined, as well as pointers to pertinent literature...
- Developmental times and age-specific life tables for Lygus lineolaris (Heteroptera: Miridae), reared at multiple constant temperaturesTodd A Ugine
USDA ARS SIMRU, Stoneville, MS 38776, USA
Environ Entomol 41:1-10. 2012..1852 at 30°C, and then decreased at 32°C. Generation and doubling times of the population were shortest at 30°C, 21.0 and 3.7 d, respectively...
- Life tables study of immature Aedes albopictus (Skuse) (Diptera : Culicidae) during the wet and dry seasons in Penang, MalaysiaNur Aida Hashim
School of Biological Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 39:39-47. 2008b>Life tables were constructed for twelve cohorts of immature stages of the dengue vector Ae. albopictus in a wooded area of Penang, Malaysia. The development time of Ae...
- Life history and life tables of Bactericera cockerelli (Hemiptera: Psyllidae) on potato under laboratory and field conditions in the lower Rio Grande Valley of TexasXiang Bing Yang
Key laboratory of Applied Entomology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
J Econ Entomol 103:1729-34. 2010..The information could help increase our understanding of the epidemiology of the ZC diseases associated with the pathogens transmitted by this insect pest...
- Variations in life tables of geographically isolated strains of the mosquito Culex quinquefasciatusD S Suman
Division of Entomology, Defence Research and Development Establishment, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India
Med Vet Entomol 25:276-88. 2011Variations in the life tables and other biological attributes of four strains of Culex quinquefasciatus Say (Diptera: Culicidae) from geographically isolated regions of India that had been reared to the fifth generation in the laboratory ..
- Molecular genetic alterations in glioblastomas with oligodendroglial componentJ A Kraus
Department of Neurology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 101:311-20. 2001..Furthermore, a subset of these tumors demonstrates LOH on 1p, i.e., an alteration that has recently been linked to chemosensitivity and good prognosis in anaplastic oligodendrogliomas...
- Life tables and development of Bemisia argentifolii (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae) at different temperaturesTa Chi Yang
Laboratory of Plant Protection, Division of Crop Environment, Hualien District Agricultural Research and Extension Station, Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Econ Entomol 99:691-8. 2006..2 degree-days and a developmental threshold of 11.4 degrees C. The developmental rates of the nymphal stage fit the model of Stinner et al. and the parameters of C, Rmax, k1 and k2 were 0.085, 0.0833, 5.298, and -0.263, respectively...
- Life tables and development of Amblyseius swirskii (Acari: Phytoseiidae) at different temperaturesHeung Su Lee
Division of Plant Environment, Gyeongnam Agricultural Research and Extension Services, Jinju, 660 370, Korea
Exp Appl Acarol 53:17-27. 2011....
- Estimating 'net' HIV-related mortality and the importance of background mortality ratesMilly Marston
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
AIDS 21:S65-71. 2007..To estimate mortality directly attributable to HIV in HIV-infected adults in low and middle income countries and discuss appropriate methodology...
- Smoking kills, obesity disables: a multistate approach of the US Health and Retirement SurveyMieke Reuser
Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute, The Hague, The Netherlands
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:783-9. 2009..probabilities of activities of daily living (ADL) disability and death and calculated multistate life tables, resulting in the comprehensive measure of life years with and without ADL disability...
- The impact of obesity on active life expectancy in older American men and womenSandra L Reynolds
USF School of Aging Studies, 4202 E Fowler Ave, MHC 1344, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Gerontologist 45:438-44. 2005..The purpose of this article is to estimate the effect of obesity on both the length of life and length of nondisabled life for older Americans...
- Geographical variation in life expectancy at birth in England and Wales is largely explained by deprivationLaura M Woods
Non communicable Disease Epidemiology Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 59:115-20. 2005..To describe the population mortality profile of England and Wales by deprivation and in each government office region (GOR) during 1998, and to quantify the influence of geography and deprivation in determining life expectancy...
- Deceleration in the age pattern of mortality at older agesS Horiuchi
Laboratory of Populations, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021 6399, USA
Demography 35:391-412. 1998..A parametric model employed to illustrate the third prediction relies on the distinction between senescent and background mortality. This dichotomy, though simplistic, helps to explain the observed timing of the deceleration...
- A method for using life tables to estimate lifetime risk for prostate cancer deathHyung L Kim
Division of Urology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 8:148-54. 2010..Double-decrement life tables were constructed to calculate age-specific death rates using the death probabilities from the Social Security ..
- Population expansion of the poultry fluff louse, Goniocotes gallinae (De Geer, 1778) (Ischnocera, Phthiraptera)Arun Kumar Saxena
Department of Zoology, Government Raza Postgraduate College, Rampur, India
Zoolog Sci 24:327-30. 2007..059) of G. gallinae were determined. However, doubling-time values recorded during in vivo studies (14 days) was comparatively higher than those during in vitro rearing (11.73 days)...
- Active life expectancy from annual follow-up data with missing responsesG Izmirlian
Epidemiology, Demography, and Biometry Program, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Biometrics 56:244-8. 2000..Several studies have used increment-decrement life tables to estimate ALE, without error analysis, from only a baseline and one follow-up interview...
- United States life tables, 2003Elizabeth Arias
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, Division of Vital Statistics, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Natl Vital Stat Rep 54:1-40. 2006This report presents period life tables for the United States based on age-specific death rates in 2003...
- United States life tables, 2002Elizabeth Arias
Division of Vital Statistics, U S Department of Health and Human Services, National Center for Health, Statistics Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Vital Statistics System, Hyattsville, Maryland 20782, USA
Natl Vital Stat Rep 53:1-38. 2004This report presents period life tables for the United States based on age-specific death rates in 2002...
- United States life tables, 2000Elizabeth Arias
Division of Vital Statistics, Department of Health and Human Services, National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, Maryland 20782 2003, USA
Natl Vital Stat Rep 51:1-38. 2002This report presents period life tables for the United States based on age-specific death rates in 2000...
- United States life tables, 2004Elizabeth Arias
Division of Vital Statistics, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Natl Vital Stat Rep 56:1-39. 2007This report presents period life tables for the United States based on age-specific death rates in 2004...
- Sensitivity analysis in summary measure of population health in FranceAnnabelle Lapostolle
Inserm U822 service de santé publique, France
Eur J Public Health 18:195-200. 2008..The aim of this study is to provide estimates of the French burden of disease, using the WHO Global Burden of Disease methodology and to perform sensitivity analysis on different set of mortality data...
- Lifetime risk of developing coronary heart diseaseD M Lloyd-Jones
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute s Framingham Heart Study, National Institutes of Health, Massachusetts 01702, USA
Lancet 353:89-92. 1999..The lifetime risk of developing coronary heart disease has not been estimated in a general population. We investigated the lifetime risks of initial coronary events at different ages...
- Life table methods for quantitative impact assessments in chronic mortalityB G Miller
Institute of Occupational Medicine, Edinburgh, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 57:200-6. 2003..Impacts can be differential by cause of death. Some examples are given of predictions of the impacts of reductions in chronic mortality in the populations of England and Wales and of Scotland...
- Impact of selected risk factors on expected lifetime without long-standing, limiting illness in DenmarkHenrik Brønnum-Hansen
National Institute of Public Health, Øster Farimagsgade 5 A, DK 1399 Copenhagen K, Denmark
Prev Med 45:49-53. 2007..To estimate the impacts of tobacco smoking, high alcohol consumption, physical inactivity and overweight on expected lifetime with and without long-standing, limiting illness...
- Changes in the age dependence of mortality and disability: cohort and other determinantsK G Manton
Center for Demographic Studies, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708 0088, USA
Demography 34:135-57. 1997..We find large changes in both mortality and disability in those cohorts, providing insights into what changes might have occurred and into what future changes might be expected...
- Life tables for world-wide comparison of relative survival for cancer (CONCORD study)Paolo Baili
Descriptive Epidemiology and Health Planning Unit, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Tumori 94:658-68. 2008..To estimate relative survival, general mortality life tables are required...
- Achieving national health objectives: the impact on life expectancy and on healthy life expectancyElsie R Pamuk
National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD, USA
Am J Public Health 94:378-83. 2004..Achievement of specific Healthy People 2010 targets would produce significant increases in longevity and health, and elimination of racial/ethnic health disparities could result in even larger gains...
- United States Life Tables, 2001Elizabeth Arias
Division of Vital Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, Maryland 20782, USA
Natl Vital Stat Rep 52:1-38. 2004This report presents period life tables for the United States based on age-specific death rates in 2001...
- A phase II trial of marimastat in advanced pancreatic cancerJ D Evans
Department of Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Br J Cancer 85:1865-70. 2001..Of 90 patients, 46 (51%) had stabilization or reduction in pain, mobility and analgesia scores. Further development and clinical evaluation of matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors for the treatment of pancreatic cancer is warranted...
- [Surgical strategy in the treatment of adrenal cortex cancer. Expanded and repeated interventions]D Borrelli
Università degli Studi di Firenze Divisione di Chirurgia Generale e Vascolare Policlinico di Careggi, Firenze
Ann Ital Chir 74:311-7. 2003..To analyze our patients affected by adreno-cortical carcinoma (ACC) considering in particular the therapeutical approach in case of local recurrence or metastasis, and to compare our results with those from literature...
- Polymorphism within the cyclin D1 gene is associated with an increased risk of carcinoma in situ in patients with superficial bladder cancerMasaaki Ito
Department of Urology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Urology 64:74-8. 2004..To evaluate the prognostic value of CCND1 polymorphism in superficial and invasive transitional cell cancer of the bladder...
- Long-term outcome of oligodendrogliomasC Lebrun
Department of Neurology, Hopital Pasteur, Nice, France
Neurology 62:1783-7. 2004..Favorable prognostic factors for oligodendroglial tumors include age younger than 40 years, low tumor grade, and extent of resection...
- Tumor-size breakpoint for prognostic stratification of localized renal cell carcinomaVincenzo Ficarra
Department of Urology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Urology 63:235-9; discussion 239-40. 2004..To identify an optimal tumor-size breakpoint to distinguish between two groups with different prognoses in a large cohort of patients with localized renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Concurrent chemoradiotherapy for clinical stage T2 bladder cancer: report of a single institutionMichael Peyromaure
Department of Urology, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
Urology 63:73-7. 2004..To report our experience with concurrent chemoradiotherapy for clinical Stage T2 bladder cancer...
- No improvement in the overall survival of 194 patients with chondrosarcoma in Finland in 1971-1990Mirva Söderström
Skeletal Research Program, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Turku, FI 20520 Turku, Finland
Acta Orthop Scand 74:344-50. 2003..The failure to improve patient survival is probably due to treatment of the patients in 31 hospitals rather than in a few centers dealing with treatment of cancer...
- Bulky disease is the most important prognostic factor in Hodgkin lymphoma stage IIBIngrid Glimelius
Department of Oncology, Radiology, and Clinical Immunology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Haematol 71:327-33. 2003..In conclusion, we suggest that bulky disease should be taken into account when treating patients with stage IIB HL...
- Outcome and human epidermal growth factor receptor (HER) 1-4 status in invasive breast carcinomas with proliferation indices evaluated by bromodeoxyuridine labellingSian M Tovey
Endocrine Cancer Group, Division of Cancer Sciences and Molecular Biology, University Department of Surgery, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G31 2ER, UK
Breast Cancer Res 6:R246-51. 2004..In this study, bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU)-derived proliferation indices are correlated with clinical outcome and HER1-4 status for further clarification of the differing roles for the HER family at a biological level...
- Fas and Fas ligand expression on germinal center type-diffuse large B-cell lymphoma is associated with the clinical outcomeYasushi Kojima
First Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Eur J Haematol 76:465-72. 2006..In the GC type, Fas and FasL expressions were significantly associated with a favorable overall survival (Fas: P < 0.005; FasL: P < 0.05). Hence, Fas or FasL expression might contribute to a better prognosis of this type of DLBCL...
- Infiltrating lobular carcinoma of the breast: tumor characteristics and clinical outcomeGrazia Arpino
Breast Center at Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Breast Cancer Res 6:R149-56. 2004..In the present study we undertook an extensive comparison of ILC and IDC using a large database to provide a more complete and reliable assessment of their biologic phenotypes and clinical behaviors...
- High dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with peripheral T-cell lymphoma not achieving complete response after induction chemotherapy. The GEL-TAMO experienceJose Rodriguez
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario Son Dureta, Av Andrea Doria 55, Palma de Mallorca 07014, Spain
Haematologica 88:1372-7. 2003..The aim of this study was to analyze the efficacy of this therapy in the corresponding patients with peripheral T-cell lymphoma (PTCL)...
- Adverse prognosis of patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy who have epicardial coronary artery diseasePaul Sorajja
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Circulation 108:2342-8. 2003..Adult patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) may develop concomitant atherosclerotic coronary artery disease (CAD). There is a paucity of data on the clinical outcomes of HCM patients who have CAD...
- Technique and survival after laparoscopically assisted right hemicolectomyI Baca
Klinik fuer Allgemein, Viszeral und Unfallchirurgie, Klinikum Bremen Ost, Zuericher Strasse 40, D 28325, Bremen, Germany
Surg Endosc 19:650-5. 2005..The role of laparoscopic colon resection in the management of colon cancer is still controversial. In this article, the surgical strategy and techniques are described, with further consideration of the oncologically relevant aspects...
- Laparoscopy as a prognostic factor in curative resection for node positive colorectal cancer: results for a single-institution nonrandomized prospective trialL Capussotti
Unit of Surgical Oncology, Institute for Research and Cure of Cancer, 10060, Candiolo, Italy
Surg Endosc 18:1130-5. 2004..A previous randomized study has reported an unforeseen better long-term survival for node-positive patients treated by laparoscopic colectomy...
- Aggressive treatment for bladder cancer is associated with improved overall survival among patients 80 years old or olderBrent K Hollenbeck
Department of Urology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0330, USA
Urology 64:292-7. 2004..A compendium of evidence suggests that bladder cancer surgery is safe among octogenarians; however, the benefit of such treatment in a population with limited life expectancy has not been well documented...
- Long-term outcome in elderly patients with chronic angina managed invasively versus by optimized medical therapy: four-year follow-up of the randomized Trial of Invasive versus Medical therapy in Elderly patients (TIME)Matthias Pfisterer
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Circulation 110:1213-8. 2004..There are no prospective trial data on long-term outcomes in 80-year-old patients with chronic angina with regard to antiischemic therapy...
- Survival in extra-orbital metastatic retinoblastoma:treatment resultsCarlos A Leal-Leal
Department of Oncology, Instituto Nacional de Pediatria, Mexico DF, Mexico
Clin Transl Oncol 8:39-44. 2006..The purpose of this paper is to present our 21-year clinical experience with metastatic extra ocular RB patients treated with 5 different chemotherapy schemas at a single Mexican Pediatric referral center...
- Effect of body mass index on mortality of patients with lymphoma undergoing autologous hematopoietic cell transplantationWillis H Navarro
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94080 4990, and University Hospitals of Cleveland, OH, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:541-51. 2006....
- Stage IB nonsmall cell lung cancers: are they all the same?David R Jones
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1958-62; discussion 1962. 2006..Given the heterogeneity of the T2 classification, we hypothesize that there are survival differences in patients with stage IB NSCLC based on specific histopathologic tumor characteristics...
- Gynecologic cancers: factors affecting survival after pulmonary metastasectomyJose M Clavero
Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:2004-7. 2006..Little information is available regarding long-term survival after pulmonary metastasectomy for gynecologic malignancies...
- Impact of no-to-moderate mitral regurgitation on late results after isolated coronary artery bypass grafting in patients with ischemic cardiomyopathyMichele Di Mauro
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 81:2128-34. 2006..30) who underwent isolated coronary artery bypass grafting to evaluate the impact of no-to-moderate mitral regurgitation (MR) on long-term results...
- Prevalence, predictors, and outcomes of premature discontinuation of thienopyridine therapy after drug-eluting stent placement: results from the PREMIER registryJohn A Spertus
MPH, Mid America Heart Institute, 4401 Wornall Rd, Kansas City, MO 64111
Circulation 113:2803-9. 2006..The rate and consequences of prematurely discontinuing thienopyridine therapy after DES placement for acute myocardial infarction (MI) are unknown...
- Prediction of prognosis and surgical indications for pulmonary metastasectomy from colorectal cancerToshihiko Iizasa
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Inohana, Chiba, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 82:254-60. 2006..We sought to identify poor prognostic factors preoperatively and to retrospectively evaluate preoperative clinical indications for surgery...
- Impact of internal mammary artery conduit on long-term outcomes after percutaneous intervention of saphenous vein graftRajendra H Mehta
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Duke University Medical Center and Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC, USA
Circulation 114:I396-401. 2006..The influence of an internal mammary artery (IMA) graft on long-term outcomes after percutaneous saphenous vein graft (SVG) intervention is currently unknown...
- Invited commentaryWilliam S Weintraub
Christiana Care Health Services, 4755 Ogletown Stanton Rd, Newark, DE19718
Ann Thorac Surg 82:810-1. 2006
- Eukaryotic initiation factor 4E (eIF4E) and angiogenesis: prognostic markers for breast cancerSheng Zhou
Department of Pathology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, PR China
BMC Cancer 6:231. 2006..This study investigates the relationship between eIF4E and angiogenesis, as well as their prognostic impact in patients with human breast cancer...
- WT1 gene expression as a prognostic marker in advanced serous epithelial ovarian carcinoma: an immunohistochemical studyWirote Netinatsunthorn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University, Hatyai, Songkhla, Thailand
BMC Cancer 6:90. 2006..The aims of this study were to determine the survival and recurrence-free survival of women with advanced serous epithelial ovarian carcinoma in relation to WT1 gene expression...
- The impact of preoperative thrombolysis on long-term survival after coronary artery bypass graftingIoannis K Toumpoulis
Department of Cardiac Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY, USA
Circulation 112:I351-7. 2005..However, there is little information regarding long-term survival in this setting. The purpose of the present study was to compare the long-term survival of patients subjected to CABG after thrombolysis to those without thrombolysis...
- Clinical outcome in patients with locally advanced bladder carcinoma treated with conservative multimodality therapyLuc George
Department of Radiotherapy, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Urology 64:488-93. 2004..To describe the outcome of patients with muscle-invasive bladder carcinoma treated with multimodality therapy in our institution from 1993 to 2002...
- The influence of age on prognosis of de novo acute myeloid leukemia differs according to cytogenetic subgroupsClaudia Schoch
Laboratory for Leukemia Diagnostics, Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Haematologica 89:1082-90. 2004..The 1225 patients with de novo AML were separated according to age as follows: A1: 16 to 49 years (n=442), A2: 50 to 59 years (n=246), A3: 60-69 years (n=333), A4: 70 years and older (n=204)...
- Utility of PET, CT, and EUS to identify pathologic responders in esophageal cancerStephen G Swisher
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1152-60; discussion 1152-60. 2004....
- Influence of patient age on biochemical freedom from disease in patients undergoing conformal proton radiotherapy of organ-confined prostate cancerCarl J Rossi
Department of Radiation Medicine, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
Urology 64:729-32. 2004..Both radiotherapy and surgery are used to control prostate cancer, and both yield similar results in terms of long-term biochemical disease-free (bNED) survival...
- Personal experience in surgical management of pulmonary pleomorphic carcinomaFederico Raveglia
University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1742-7. 2004..Few reports describe its clinical behavior. My colleagues and I report a series of patients surgically treated for pulmonary pleomorphic carcinoma to describe our experience with this malignant neoplasm...
- Histopathologic prognostic factors in resected colorectal lung metastasesSatoshi Shiono
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute East, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Chiba, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 79:278-82; discussion 283. 2005..The study was conducted to clarify the characteristics and identify the prognostic factors of the pulmonary metastases of colorectal cancer...
- Risk-adjusted short- and long-term outcomes for on-pump versus off-pump coronary artery bypass surgeryMatthew L Williams
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27703, USA
Circulation 112:I366-70. 2005..However, long-term outcome of OPCAB compared with conventional coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) remains poorly defined...
- Laparoscopic colectomy for colon adenocarcinoma: an 11-year retrospective review with 5-year survival ratesB P Jacob
Department of Laparoscopic Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 5 East 98th Street, New York, NY 10029, USA
Surg Endosc 19:643-9. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the 5-year overall and disease-free survival rates after laparoscopic colon resection for invasive colon adenocarcinoma...
- Long-term follow up of high-dose chemotherapy with autologous stem cell rescue in adults with Ewing tumorValerie Laurence
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Am J Clin Oncol 28:301-9. 2005..71%, P = 0.017) and poor pathologic response (5-year overall survival 44% vs.77%, P = 0.03). This retrospective study shows a high long-term survival rate with high-dose chemotherapy in adults...
- Survival benefit of exclusive use of in situ arterial conduits over combined use of arterial and vein grafts for multiple coronary artery bypass graftingHiroshi Nishida
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, The Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Circulation 112:I299-303. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate mortality after coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) comparing the use of only in situ arterial grafts with the use of arterial and venous conduits...
- Long-term outcome of skull base surgery with microvascular reconstruction for malignant diseaseS A Reza Nouraei
Department of Otolaryngology, Charing Cross Hospital, Fulham Palace Road, London W6 8RF, United Kingdom
Plast Reconstr Surg 118:1151-8; discussion 1159-60. 2006..The authors assessed the reconstructive results and the long-term oncologic outcome of patients having skull base surgery with free tissue transfer...
- Prognostic significance of intratumour microvessel density and haemoglobin level in carcinoma of the uterine cervixAnna Gasinska
Centre for Oncology, Krakow Branch, Poland
Acta Oncol 41:437-43. 2002..However, when a Cox analysis was done separately for keratinizing and non-keratinizing tumours, it was found that higher vascularity was significant only for keratinizing, and higher Hb level only for non-keratinizing cancers...
- Assessment of prognostic factors in follicular lymphoma patientsE Kondo
Department of Hematology and Chemotherapy, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Int J Hematol 73:363-8. 2001..9%, and 0.0%, respectively. The differences among these groups were significant at P < .01. The IPI for aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma was found to be applicable to survival prediction for Japanese follicular lymphoma patients...
- Serum PSA evaluations during salvage radiotherapy for post-prostatectomy biochemical failures as prognosticators for treatment outcomesT Do
Department of Radiation Oncology, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 50:1220-5. 2001..CONCLUSION: Evaluation of serum PSA level at 45 Gy of salvage radiotherapy for biochemical relapses after prostatectomy may serve as a significant prognosticator for both biochemical and clinical disease-free outcomes...
- Prognostic role of serum vascular endothelial growth factor, basic fibroblast growth factor and nitric oxide in patients with colorectal carcinomaHakan Akbulut
Department of Medical Oncology, Ibni Sina Hospital, Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, Sihhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey
Cytokine 20:184-90. 2002..032, Cox regression analysis). In conclusion, serum VEGF and NO levels have prognostic role in patients with CRC and the new angiogenesis index using the serum levels of the factors seem to be useful...
- Local excision and postoperative radiotherapy for distal rectal cancerR Benson
Department of Oncology, Addenbrooke's Hospital, United Kingdom, Cambridge, UK
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 50:1309-16. 2001..Patients with LVI or tumor fragmentation during excision have high local relapse rates and may not be good candidates for conservative surgery and postoperative RT...
- The impact of induction duration and the number of high-dose cycles on the long-term survival of women with metastatic breast cancer treated with high-dose chemotherapy with stem cell rescue: an analysis of sequential phase I/II trials from the Dana-FarbeA D Elias
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 8:198-205. 2002..Although selection biases may have in part contributed to this effect, a randomized comparison of standard therapy versus short induction/double transplantation is warranted...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with mantle cell lymphomaRiikka Oinonen
Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Leuk Lymphoma 43:1229-37. 2002..However, no plateau was seen in the EFS curve after ASCT. Whether cure Can be achieved in a proportion of patients with ASCT is currently unknown and should be studied in larger patient series with a longer follow-up...
- [Personal and histopathological factors as prognostic variables in upper urothelial tumors undergoing surgery]Felipe García García
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital General Universitario de Murcia, Murcia, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 55:503-8. 2002..To analyze the influence of personal and histopathological factors as prognostic variables in the evolution of upper urothelial tumors submitted to radical surgery...
- hTERT expression is a prognostic factor of survival in patients with stage I non-small cell lung cancerLuo Wang
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:2883-9. 2002..hTERT may serve as a useful marker to identify patients with poor prognosis and to select patients with early-stage non-small cell lung cancer who might benefit from adjuvant treatment...
- Prognostic value of angiogenesis in solitary bone plasmacytomaShaji Kumar
Division of Hematology and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 101:1715-7. 2003..02). Angiogenesis is increased in solitary plasmacytoma and is a significant predictor of progression to myeloma and provides further evidence of its importance in the pathogenesis of myeloma...
- A comparison of surgical resection and stereotactic radiosurgery in the treatment of solitary brain metastasesBRIAN PATRICK O'NEILL
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:1169-76. 2003..To determine whether neurosurgery (NS) or stereotactic radiosurgery (RS) provided better local tumor control and enhanced patient survival...
- Determinants and prognoses of locoregional and distant progression in breast cancerJutta Engel
Munich Cancer Registry of the Munich Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:1186-95. 2003..To describe locoregional and distant progression in a population-based breast cancer sample...
- Comparison of vincristine, carmustine, melphalan, cyclophosphamide, prednisone (VBMCP) and interferon-alpha with melphalan and prednisone (MP) and interferon-alpha (IFN-alpha) in patients with good-prognosis multiple myeloma: a prospective randomized studK Zervas
Department of Hematology, Theagenion Anticancer Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur J Haematol 66:18-23. 2001....
- Ki-67, p53, Er-receptors, ploidy and S-phase as prognostic factors in T1 node negative breast cancerM Railo
Fourth Department of Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Acta Oncol 36:369-74. 1997..03). We conclude that the potential value of Ki-67 labelling for prognostic evaluation of T1N0M0 breast carcinoma is good...
- Significance of nodal metastatic tumor characteristics in nodal metastasis and prognosis of patients with invasive ductal carcinoma of the breastTakahiro Hasebe
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute East, Chiba, 6 5 1 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8577
Cancer Sci 94:181-7. 2003..6 mm significantly increased the HRs of DFS and DOM in multivariate analyses (P<0.05). The present study demonstrated the important roles of nodal metastatic tumors in the tumor progression of IDCs...
- Rotational 3D-conformal radiation therapy (conformation therapy) combined with hormone therapy for the treatment of stage B2/C prostate cancer in Japanese menKatsuyuki Karasawa
Department of Radiology, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:208-12. 2003..This technique has been used most commonly to treat prostate cancers in combination with hormonal therapy. The results of Stage B2/C prostate cancer treated with this method were analyzed...
- Sequencing radiotherapy for soft tissue sarcoma when re-resection is plannedGunar K Zagars
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:21-7. 2003..To evaluate whether disease outcome for localized soft-tissue sarcoma (STS) excised before referral to a specialist center and there re-resected was influenced by the timing of radiation therapy (XRT)-before or after re-resection...
- Treatment results of high-dose-rate remote afterloading brachytherapy for cervical cancer and retrospective comparison of two regimensFrank C S Wong
Department of Clinical Oncology, Tuen Mun Hospital, Special Administrative Region, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:1254-64. 2003....
- Prolonged survival associated with early lymphocyte recovery after autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for patients with metastatic breast cancerL F Porrata
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 28:865-71. 2001..In conclusion, ALC > or = 500 cells/microl on day 15 post-ASCT was associated with significantly better survival in patients with metastatic breast cancer, suggesting the importance of early immune recovery post-ASCT in these patients...
- Restenosis in gold-coated renal artery stentsBrian W Nolan
Division of Vascular Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, NH 03756, USA
J Vasc Surg 42:40-6. 2005..There is conflicting evidence regarding restenosis with gold-coated stents. To evaluate the effect of gold coating on restenosis after renal stenting, we reviewed the results of all patients undergoing RAS in our practice...
- Poststerilization regret: findings from the United States Collaborative Review of SterilizationS D Hillis
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Obstet Gynecol 93:889-95. 1999..To evaluate the cumulative probability of regret after tubal sterilization, and to identify risk factors for regret that are identifiable before sterilization...
- A predictive model of the health benefits and cost effectiveness of celiprolol and atenolol in primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in hypertensive patientsR J Milne
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Pharmacoeconomics 12:384-408. 1997..model plus differences in 5-year cardiovascular death rates multiplied by average life expectancy obtained from life tables. Direct medical costs included drug treatment, and the costs of acute care for initial coronary and ..
- Cancer survival in five continents: a worldwide population-based study (CONCORD)Michel P Coleman
Cancer Research UK Cancer Survival Group, Non communicable Disease Epidemiology Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 9:730-56. 2008..This is, to our knowledge, the first worldwide analysis of cancer survival, with standard quality-control procedures and identical analytic methods for all datasets...
- Risk factors for corneal graft failure and rejection in penetrating keratoplastyK Inoue
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 79:251-5. 2001..To evaluate risk factors for graft failure and allograft rejection after penetrating keratoplasty (PK)...
- Marriage, Families and RetirementMaximiliane E Szinovacz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Main analyses techniques employed will include multistate life tables, regression techniques for censored data and interdependent observations (couples), structural equation ..
- Studies in Global MortalityWILLIAM HATFIELD DOW; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will develop updated methods of indirect estimation using a new system of model life tables that we have proposed recently...
- EARLY INDICATORS OF LATER WORK LEVELS, DISEASE AND DEATHDora L Costa; Fiscal Year: 2013..the 17 largest cities of 1860, when analyzed longitudinally, were far higher than previously revealed by period life tables. Union Army (UA) recruits from these cities who survived the Civil War had die off rates so high that their ..
- Studies in Global MortalityJohn Wilmoth; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will develop updated methods of indirect estimation using a new system of model life tables that we have proposed recently...
- Variability of mortality levels and trends by state in the United StatesWILLIAM HATFIELD DOW; Fiscal Year: 2013..for combining such information into coherent and comparable series of mortality estimates, including complete life tables. Our knowledge of the data sources, including their defects and limitations, will be clearly documented and ..
- THE BIODEMOGRAPHY OF HUMAN LONGEVITY--A TRAINING PROGRAMLeonid Gavrilov; Fiscal Year: 2005..He has changed both his research approach (from studies of aggregated demographic life tables to the analysis of individual familial longevity records) and country of residence (immigrated to the United ..
- Modeling STEM Workforce Dynamics Using Microsimulation &Multi-State Life TablesMARLENE ANN LEE; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, SPACE uses microsimulation procedures that will produce useful synthetic data on STEM workforce dynamics for underrepresented minority groups (as a whole or separately). ..
- RACIAL AND ETHNIC MORTALITY DIFFERENCES AT OLDER AGESSAMUEL PRESTON; Fiscal Year: 2001..methods include intercensal comparisons of cohort size; extinct generation methods; a procedure for producing life tables directly from a distribution of ages at deaths and age-specific growth rates; and a comprehensive method that ..
- ETHNIC DIFFERENTIALS IN MORTALITY IN KYRGYZSTANMichel Guillot; Fiscal Year: 2002..based on the reported age distribution of deaths and age-specific growth rates; and a procedure for producing life tables directly from the age distribution of the population and age-specific growth rates...
- Comparative Study of Health Transitions in Later LifeMARY OFSTEDAL; Fiscal Year: 2003..will be used for analyses of health transitions; active life expectancy will be examined using multistate life tables for different population subgroups, and structural equation models will be used to test for cross-lagged ..
- Comparative Study of Health Transitions in Later LifeZachary Zimmer; Fiscal Year: 2003..will be used for analyses of health transitions; active life expectancy will be examined using multistate life tables for different population subgroups, and structural equation models will be used to test for cross-lagged ..
- MORTALITY AND NUTRITIONAL STATUS--DEMOGRAPHIC ANALYSISTIMOTHY GAGE; Fiscal Year: 1991..status with the variation in level and age pattern of mortality will be explored, using a worldwide sample of life tables (post 1940) matched with information on nutritional status...
- A STUDY OF MORTALITY DECLINEMichael Haines; Fiscal Year: 1991..social, economic, religious, and ethnic variation across space; and the fact that Germany furnished many of the life tables which underlie the Coale and Demeny Model East life tables...
- Modeling Early Retirement of Deaf Workers via SSDIRICHARD BURKHAUSER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Burkhauser, Butler, Kim and Weathers, 1999; Weathers, 1999; and Burkhauser, Butler and Weathers, 2002.) We will focus on the importance of economic incentives on the timing of movements onto the SSDI program. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INFANT MORTALITYChirayath Suchindran; Fiscal Year: 1990..Methods to be used include cause-elimination life tables to control for competing risks in causes of death; multivariable modeling techniques including linear ..
- POPULATION STUDIES OF MORMON GENEALOGIESLEE BEAN; Fiscal Year: 1980..Basic demographic approaches (e.g., life tables, growth rates) and techniques from genetic demography (e.g...
- 5-Year Survival Following Injury in Geriatric PatientsLaura Criddle; Fiscal Year: 2006..National Death Index to compare age at death to that of a hypothetical, matched, referent group derived from life tables. Mortality rates specific for age at injury and injury type will be determined within gender and race strata...
- INFANT MORTALITYHelen Koo; Fiscal Year: 1990..Methods to be used include cause-elimination life tables to control for competing risks in causes of death; multivariable modeling techniques including linear ..
- ACCURACY OF DEATH CERTIFICATE AGES FOR THE EXTREME AGEDIra Rosenwaike; Fiscal Year: 1980..distribution of deaths by age around 1970 so derived, will permit the computation of corrected death rates and life tables. These data may then furnish a basis for improving mortality statistics at older ages, and for evaluating the ..
- Children's Living Arrangements in the US and EuropeSHEELA KENNEDY; Fiscal Year: 2006..My analysis will use event history techniques and multistate life tables to describe children's living arrangements in a variety of wealthy countries, focusing particularly on ..
- Components of nuptiality and fertility changeRobert Retherford; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Transforming PCI Informed Consent into an Evidence-based Decision-making ToolJohn A Spertus; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will then estimate the cost-savings associated with more rational BAT use to test the hypothesis that PRISM will improve the cost-effectiveness of PCI. ..
- Explanations of Racial Disparities in Active LifeSCOTT LYNCH; Fiscal Year: 2006..propose to remedy these shortcomings by using a recently developed Bayesian approach to generating multi-state life tables that allows the inclusion of covariates and enables the construction of interval estimates of ALE and other ..
- Multivariate Analysis of the Total Fertility Rate and Its ComponentsRobert D Retherford; Fiscal Year: 2010..The new methodology involves major extensions of methodology developed during an earlier R03 grant ("Components of Nuptiality and Fertility Change," 5R03HD45508-2, PI: Retherford) that expired November 30, 2007. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Longitudinal Study of Isocyanate Asthma in Body ShopsMark Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Trail to Reverse Early Arterial StiffeningKim Sutton Tyrrell; Fiscal Year: 2010..A more thorough understanding of the mechanism linking obesity, sodium consumption and vascular health can be used to formulate targeted therapies for obesity-related vascular damage. ..
- BIOLOGICAL EXPLANATIONS OF SES DIFFERENCES IN HEALTHEileen Crimmins; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Early Determinants of Adult HealthEzra Susser; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- A COLLABORATIVE GENOMIC STUDY OF BIPOLAR DISORDERWilliam Coryell; Fiscal Year: 2007..Analysis of the existing sib pair families plus this large set of cases and controls should permit the confirmation of several vulnerability genes during this grant period. ..
- Epidemiology and Mechanisms of ECG Abnormalities: Young Adulthood to Middle AgeDonald Lloyd Jones; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Oral Health Research TrainingMICHAEL REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Where clinical training is interdigitated with the program, the clinical program director reports on the clinical progress to Dr. Jeffcoat. Program structure will also include internal and external advisory committees. ..
- MINORITY BASED COMMUNITY CLINICAL ONCOLOGY PROGRAMPeter Wiernik; Fiscal Year: 2006..Efforts in screening and prevention intervention will be facilitated through the Community Outreach program and Community Council. ..
- Post-trial HIV Vaccines: Receptivity, Risk & DisparitiesWilliam Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The long-term consequences of postoperative acute kidney injuryAreef Ishani; Fiscal Year: 2008..Once the AKI- associated burden of CKD has been precisely estimated and modifiable factors have been identified, clinical trials can be performed that may reduce this disease burden. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DOUBLE BLIND STUDY OF MINOCYCLINE IN HDMerit Cudkowicz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided. ..
- Trends and Sociodemographic Differentials in Happy Life Expectancies in the U.S.Yang Yang; Fiscal Year: 2008..Data on mortality are from population life tables constructed using vital statistics and Census data and the National Longitudinal Mortality Study...
- Improving the Quality of News Reporting on MedicineLisa Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- GENETIC ENGINEERING OF A FAILURE RESISTANT VEIN GRAFTMichael Conte; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long term objective is to develop a safe, efficient, and effective protocol for intraoperative gene therapy that will engineer vein bypass grafts that are resistant to occlusion. ..
- PROGNOSTIC SIGNIFICANCE OF T WAVE ALTERNANSJ Bigger; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- RADIOLOGICAL RESEARCH ACCELERATOR FACILITY (RARAF)David Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- SECONDARY PREVENTION TRIAL OF VENOUS THROMBOSISPaul Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- RACIAL AND NEIGHBORHOOD DISPARITIES IN INFANT HEALTHIrma Elo; Fiscal Year: 2002..The sample composition will permit us to address explicitly the role of race in infant health, and to examine whether factors contributing to infant health are similar for low income women in all racial/ethnic groups. ..
- Risk Factors for Pancreatic CancerI Min Lee; Fiscal Year: 2002..Findings from these analyses will have public health significance for a highly fatal disease. ..
- THERAPUTIC TRIAL IN PATIENTS WITH LQTS 3 GENE MUTATIONArthur Moss; Fiscal Year: 2002..The significance of this work relates to the future use of molecular therapeutics to treat ion-channel disorders associated with congenital and acquired cardiac repolarization disorders. ..
- VASCULAR STIFFNESS AND EFFECTS OF DIETARY INTERVENTIONKIM TYRRELL; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Fixed Traits and Mortality at the Oldest AgesDouglas Ewbank; Fiscal Year: 2002..The models will be used to study changes in the effects of race/ethnicity, education, marital status (never married), and place of birth. ..
- Nonablative AlloSCT in Refractory Autoimmune DiseaseMitchell Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- FUNCTIONAL AND HEALTH CHANGES OF THE ELDERLYKenneth Manton; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- EARLY OTITIS AND LITERACY AND ATTENTION AT 9 TO 11 YEARSJACK PARADISE; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Bone Marrow Angioblasts for Myocardial VasculogenesisSilviu Itescu; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- New model for describing and projecting adult mortalityJohn Bongaarts; Fiscal Year: 2006..4) Test the new projection method by comparing its results with projections produced by the Lee-Carter procedure. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Measuring Children's Activity in its Social ContextSANDRA HOFFERTH; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- The Meaning of Cohabiting Unions in the U.S.PAMELA SMOCK; Fiscal Year: 2005..The project is part of the research team's continuing endeavor to understand the implications of unmarried cohabitation, marriage, divorce, and childbearing in the contemporary United States among diverse populations. ..
- NF KAPPA B MEDIATED CHEMORESISTANCE IN HUMAN LUNG CANCERDavid Jones; Fiscal Year: 2005..The ultimate goal of this study is to provide the necessary background for the initiation of novel treatment strategies designed to treat patients with advanced lung cancer. ..
- Lifetime Risk of Cardiovascular DiseaseDonald Lloyd Jones; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Trial of Ceftriaxone in ALSMerit Cudkowicz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Secondary outcome measures will include ALSFRS-R, vital capacity, strength, and the long-term safety and tolerability of ceftriaxone in this population. ..
- Induction of Stable Chimerism for Sickle Cell AnemiaMark Walters; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this novel approach will expand the availability of HCT for patients with clinically significant hemoglobinopathies. ..
- Cholesterol and fatty acids in cocaine addiction relapseLaure Buydens Branchey; Fiscal Year: 2004..If our preliminary findings are confirmed, the use of fatty acids supplements or changes in dietary habits could have a significant potential in the prevention of relapse in a subgroup of cocaine addicts. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CAROTID ARTERY DISEASE IN OLDER ADULTSKIM TYRRELL; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is predicted that the results will be directly applicable to the largest growing segment of the U.S. population. ..