Summary: Compilations of data on hospital activities and programs; excludes patient medical records.
Publications200 found, 100 shown here
- Appropriateness of platelet, fresh frozen plasma and cryoprecipitate transfusion in New South Wales public hospitalsWilliam N Schofield
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Sydney at Westmead Hospital, Main Admin Block, Westmead Hospital, Hawkesbury Road, Westmead, NSW 2145
Med J Aust 178:117-21. 2003..To estimate the appropriateness of transfusions of platelets, fresh frozen plasma (FFP) and cryoprecipitate using National Health and Medical Research Council and Australasian Society for Blood Transfusion guidelines (NHMRC/ASBT 2002)...
- Ascertainment of gastroschisis using the ICD-9-CM surgical procedure codeCharles A Williams
Division of Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, 32610, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:646-8. 2005..To determine the effectiveness of using the ICD-9-CM procedure code 54.71 for case ascertainment of gastroschisis...
- Agreement between hospital records and maternal recall of mode of delivery: evidence from 12 391 deliveries in the UK Millennium Cohort StudyM A Quigley
National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit, Oxford University, Oxford, UK
BJOG 114:195-200. 2007The objective of this study was to measure the agreement between hospital records and maternal reporting of mode of delivery in a representative UK sample.
- Accuracy of Medicare claims-based diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction: estimating positive predictive value on the basis of review of hospital recordsYuka Kiyota
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Boston, Mass USA
Am Heart J 148:99-104. 2004....
- Dramatic and sustained increase in HIV-testing rates among antenatal attendees in Eastern Uganda after a policy change from voluntary counselling and testing to routine counselling and testing for HIV: a retrospective analysis of hospital records, 2002-20Robert Byamugisha
Referral Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Mbale Regional Referral Hospital, Mbale, Uganda
BMC Health Serv Res 10:290. 2010....
- The quality of cause-of-injury data: where hospital records fall downKirsten McKenzie
National Centre for Classification in Health, Queensland University of Technology, Queensland
Aust N Z J Public Health 30:509-13. 2006..The research explores reasons for poor-quality data across different causes-of-injury areas, including a lack of clinical documentation and insufficient detail in the classification system...
- Off-label use of recombinant factor VIIa in U.S. hospitals: analysis of hospital recordsAaron C Logan
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:516-22. 2011..Recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) is approved for treatment of bleeding in patients who have hemophilia with inhibitors but has been applied to a wide range of off-label indications...
- Co-morbidity data in outcomes research: are clinical data derived from administrative databases a reliable alternative to chart review?K H Humphries
Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 53:343-9. 2000....
- Mode of conception of twin pregnancies: willingness to reply to survey items and comparison of survey data to hospital recordsC E M Toos van Beijsterveldt
Department of Biological Psychology, VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Twin Res Hum Genet 11:349-51. 2008..addition, we assessed the reliability of the question on mode of conception by comparing the survey data with hospital records in a subsample of 80 mothers of twins...
- Accuracy of external cause-of-injury coding in hospital recordsK McKenzie
National Centre for Classification in Health, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Inj Prev 15:60-4. 2009To appraise the published evidence regarding the accuracy of external cause-of-injury codes in hospital records.
- Using hospital discharge files to enhance cancer surveillanceLynne Penberthy
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Am J Epidemiol 158:27-34. 2003..Using HDFs to supplement a central cancer registry may be a valuable and efficient method for improving registry completeness of reporting...
- [Validation of colorectal cancer diagnostic codes in a hospital administration data set]Mirari Márquez Cid
Servicio de Epidemiologia, Consejería de Sanidad de la Región de Murcia, Murcia, Espana
Gac Sanit 20:266-72. 2006....
- Assessing the concordance of trauma registry data and hospital recordsKirsten McKenzie
National Centre for Classification in Health, School of Public Health, Queensland University of Technology, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove, QLD 4059, Australia
HIM J 34:3-7. 2005This study examined the concordance of trauma registry and hospital records in Queensland in 1998. The design involved a retrospective review of records and documentation comparison...
- Nursing diagnoses, diagnosis-related group, and hospital outcomesJohn M Welton
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Nurs Adm 35:541-9. 2005..This study investigates whether adding nursing data in the form of nursing diagnoses to medical diagnostic data in the discharge abstract can improve overall explanation of variance in commonly studied hospital outcomes...
- How concordant are hospital discharge codes with physician's diagnoses?Sue McAuley
N Z Med J 117:U965. 2004
- An evaluation of hospital discharge records as a tool for serious work related injury surveillanceH Alamgir
Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Occup Environ Med 63:290-6. 2006....
- [A retrospective study to an evaluation of the quality of Uniform Hospital Discharge Data Set regarding discharge with death of the patient attributed to a Diagnosis Related Group with a low Relative Weight; retrospective study in some hospitals in Rome [Enrico Rosati
Sistema Regionale dei Controlli Esterni dell Attività Ospedaliera, Agenzia di Sanità Pubblica della Regione Lazio
Ig Sanita Pubbl 62:27-42. 2006....
- Visual impairment in children born at full term from 1972 through 1989 in FinlandSirkka Liisa Rudanko
Finnish Register of Visual Impairment, Finnish National Agency for Welfare and Health, Helsinki, Finland
Ophthalmology 111:2307-12. 2004..To investigate the incidence, prevalence, and causes of visual impairment in children born at full term and to determine conditions and factors associated with visual impairment...
- Assessing record linkage between health care and Vital Statistics databases using deterministic methodsBing Li
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, T2N 4N1, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 6:48. 2006..We assessed the linkage and correct linkage rate using deterministic record linkage among three commonly used Canadian databases, namely, the population registry, hospital discharge data and Vital Statistics registry...
- Using the two-source capture-recapture method to estimate the incidence of acute flaccid paralysis in Victoria, AustraliaKathryn Whitfield
Department of Human Services, Victorian Public Health Training Scheme, Melbourne, Australia
Bull World Health Organ 80:846-51. 2002..To estimate the incidence and the completeness of ascertainment of acute flaccid paralysis (AFP) in Victoria, Australia, in 1998-2000 and to determine its common causes among children aged under 15 years...
- Investigation and reporting practices for drownings: implications for injury prevention research in new york stateMarilyn L Browne
Bureau of Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology, New York State Department of Health, Troy, New York, USA
Am J Forensic Med Pathol 23:398-401. 2002..A total of 883 drownings between 1988 and 1994 met study criteria. Medical examiner, coroner, police, and hospital records were obtained to supplement death certificate data...
- Quality of diagnosis and procedure coding in ICD-10 administrative dataToni Henderson
Victorian Department of Human Services, Melbourne, Australia
Med Care 44:1011-9. 2006....
- Retrivability in The Danish National Hospital Registry of HIV and hepatitis B and C coinfection diagnoses of patients managed in HIV centers 1995-2004Niels Obel
Department of Infectious Diseases, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Med Res Methodol 8:25. 2008..We examined completeness of registration of HIV infections and of chronic hepatitis B (HBV) and hepatitis C (HCV) coinfections in the Danish National Hospital Registry (DNHR) covering all Danish hospitals...
- Strategies to improve external cause-of-injury coding in state-based hospital discharge and emergency department data systems: recommendations of the CDC Workgroup for Improvement of External Cause-of-Injury CodingJoseph L Annest
MMWR Recomm Rep 57:1-15. 2008....
- Stroke in young adults who abuse amphetamines or cocaine: a population-based study of hospitalized patientsArthur N Westover
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:495-502. 2007..The abuse of stimulant drugs is increasing in the western United States. Although numerous case reports and animal studies suggest a link with stroke, epidemiologic studies have yielded conflicting results...
- Mortality from venous thromboembolism in young Swedish women and its relation to pregnancy and use of oral contraceptives--an approach to specifying ratesEva Samuelsson
Division of Family Medicine, Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Eur J Epidemiol 20:509-16. 2005....
- The validation of the Finnish Hospital Discharge Register and Causes of Death Register data on stroke diagnosesHanna Tolonen
Department of Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention, National Public Health Institute KTL, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 14:380-5. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the validity of the Finnish hospital discharge registers and causes of death registers stroke diagnoses against the population-based FINSTROKE register...
- Linkage of microbiology reports and hospital discharge diagnoses for surveillance of surgical site infectionsP Spolaore
Epidemiological Department, Veneto Region, SER, Via Ospedale, 18 31033 Castelfranco Veneto TV, Italy
J Hosp Infect 60:317-20. 2005....
- References to alcohol consumption and alcoholism in medical records of a general hospital of Porto Alegre, Brazil--a comparison between samples with a 20 year gapFlavio Pechansky
Center for Drug and Alcohol Research, Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Subst Abus 25:29-34. 2004..The authors discuss potential reasons for this, suggesting that lack of training of medical personnel in the identification of alcoholism, as well as prejudice towards its recovery, may be some of the underlying causes...
- Developing indicators of inpatient adverse drug events through nonlinear analysis using administrative dataJonathan R Nebeker
VA Salt Lake City Geriatrics, Research, Education, and Clinical Center GRECC, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Med Care 45:S81-8. 2007..Rules based on nonlinear associations among all types of available administrative data may be more accurate...
- Accuracy of Medicaid payer coding in hospital patient discharge data: implications for Medicaid policy evaluationArpita Chattopadhyay
Primary Care Research Center and Division of General Internal Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Med Care 43:586-91. 2005..Ambulatory care-sensitive hospitalization rates derived from hospital discharge data have been used to compare ambulatory care across insurance and delivery system groups...
- Improving case ascertainment of a population-based birth defects registry in New York State using hospital discharge dataYing Wang
Congenital Malformations Registry, Center for Environmental Health, New York State Department of Health, Troy, 12180, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:663-8. 2005..This paper presents the results of hospital audits, which were conducted to capture the unreported cases using hospital discharge files, and evaluates the effectiveness of the audits...
- The validity of the Finnish Hospital Discharge Register and Causes of Death Register data on coronary heart diseasePia Pajunen
National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 12:132-7. 2005....
- [Retrospective census of cancers between 1994 and 2002 around the municipal solid waste incinerator of Gilly-sur-Isère]A Thabuis
Cire Rhône Alpes 1 Drass Rhône Alpes, Lyon Cedex 03, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 55:426-32. 2007..This work describes the main difficulties encountered as well as the solutions found during the census of cancer cases; the results of the incidence study are not included...
- For the patient. Collecting cancer information in New HampshireBruce L Riddle
Ethn Dis 15:353. 2005
- Effects of misattribution in assigning cause of death on prostate cancer mortality ratesRichard M Hoffman
Department of Medicine, New Mexico VA Health Care System, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Ann Epidemiol 13:450-4. 2003..Estimate the magnitude of misattribution in death certification and to determine whether misattribution could explain temporal trends in New Mexico prostate cancer mortality...
- The population impact of severe mental illness on violent crimeSeena Fazel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX, UK
Am J Psychiatry 163:1397-403. 2006..This study aimed to determine the population impact of patients with severe mental illness on violent crime...
- [Use of pension records for occupational health surveillance: example of record-linkage with hospital discharge records to study the association between work and the incidence of leukaemias, lung and bladder cancer, and miscarriage]A d'Errico
Servizio regionale di Epidemiologia, ASL 5, Grugliasco TO
Med Lav 96:s147-60. 2005..g. small enterprises, self-employed workers, artisans) makes it difficult to use a traditional cohort study design...
- Effect of the new diagnostic criteria for ST-elevation and non-ST-elevation acute myocardial infarction on 4-year hospitalization: an analysis of hospital discharge records in the Veneto RegionStefano Brocco
SER Epidemiological Department, Veneto Region, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 7:45-50. 2006..To assess the burden of hospitalization for acute coronary syndrome (ACS) and the impact of the new diagnostic criteria for acute myocardial infarction on epidemiology of ACSs...
- An overview of the methods and data used in the CCORT Canadian Cardiovascular Atlas projectCourtney C Kennedy
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, Canada
Can J Cardiol 19:655-63. 2003....
- Validity of hospital discharge diagnoses for public health surveillance of the Guillain-Barrè syndromeG Bogliun
Department of Neurological Sciences, Bicocca University, Monza, Italy
Neurol Sci 23:113-7. 2002..0 (95% CI, 1.1-3.2) when the analysis was limited to the primary diagnostic level. HDDs from neurology departments are a fairly valid surrogate of GBS incidence in Lombardy, Italy...
- Lack of agreement in pediatric emergency department discharge diagnoses from clinical and administrative data sourcesMarc H Gorelick
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Acad Emerg Med 14:646-52. 2007..Diagnosis information from existing data sources is used commonly for epidemiologic, administrative, and research purposes. The quality of such data for emergency department (ED) visits is unknown...
- Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms in the files of Australian servicemen hospitalized in 1942-1952Paddy Burges Watson
Hobart Clinic, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 16:13-7. 2008..To investigate post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptomatology in servicemen hospitalized 1942-1952...
- Measuring transport injuries in a developing country: an application of the capture-recapture methodFrancisco Tercero
Department of Preventive Medicine, National Autonomous University of Nicaragua, Leon, Nicaragua
Accid Anal Prev 36:13-20. 2004..Most fatalities were due to head injuries. Our results show that neither police records nor hospital records nor the aggregate database provided acceptable coverage of transport-related injuries...
- [The DGAI CPR registry - the datasets "hospital care" and "long-term process"]Jan Thorsten Gräsner
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Operative Intensivmedizin am Universitätsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 43:706-9. 2008..Data may be recorded online, and basic analyses be performed immediately. Beyond that benchmarks with other institutions are possible, by including the well accepted Utstein style on international level too...
- How complete has skin cancer registration been in the UK? A study from YorkshireJ Stefoski Mikeljevic
Cancer Medicine Research Unit, Cancer Research UK, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Eur J Cancer Prev 12:125-33. 2003....
- A sideways fall and hip fracturePekka Kannus
Accident and Trauma Research Center, UKK Institute for Health Promotion Research, Tampere, Finland
Bone 39:383-4. 2006..This being the case, it is evident that sideways falls can be very dangerous and thus a natural target for fracture prevention...
- Reporting hospital adverse events using the Alfred Hospital's morbidity dataRhonda Carroll
Coding and Casemix Services in The Alfred s Health Information Services
Aust Health Rev 26:100-5. 2003..Reliable reporting across the health care industry requires consistent reporting requirements at state and national levels and the adoption of standard code prefixes nationally...
- Hospital policy and practice regarding the collection of data on race, ethnicity, and birthplaceScarlett Lin Gomez
Northern California Cancer Center, Union City, CA 94587, USA
Am J Public Health 93:1685-8. 2003
- Total costs of bicycle injuries in Norway: correcting injury figures and indicating data needsKnut Veisten
Institute of Transport Economics, Gaustadalleen 21, NO 0349 Oslo, Norway
Accid Anal Prev 39:1162-9. 2007..Total annual bicycle injury costs are huge, but these costs must be balanced against the benefits of bicycling, related to health and environment. Accident reporting and data should be enhanced to enable a reduction of bicycle injuries...
- Stroke mortality datasetsJames A Barrett
Wirral Stroke Service, Arrowe Hospital, Wirral, UK
Age Ageing 33:502-4. 2004
- Lipid testing and lipid-lowering therapy in hospitalized ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack patients: results from a statewide stroke registryAndrew J Mullard
Department of Epidemiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Stroke 37:44-9. 2006..This study describes use of and predictors for in-hospital lipid testing and LLT using data from a statewide stroke registry...
- [Automatization of a hospital-based tumor registry]Josepa Ribes
Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Cancer, Institut Catala d Oncologia, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Espana
Gac Sanit 19:221-8. 2005..To increase data reliability and reduce the costs associated with the HTR, the Catalan Institute of Oncology programmed the manual procedures of data collection from databases by means of a computer application (ASEDAT)...
- Pregnancy-related deaths due to pulmonary embolism in SwedenEva Samuelsson
Family Medicine, Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:435-43. 2007..The objective of this study was to report deaths from amniotic fluid embolism (AFE) and pregnancy-related venous thromboembolism (VTE), to study contributing factors, and to analyse mortality trends...
- KMR: a clinical auditK K Tewary
Arch Dis Child 92:652. 2007
- Competent coding for residentsKaren R Borman
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135 2515, USA
Curr Surg 62:33-4. 2005
- Variations in the reporting of endoscopies by different endoscopistsH L Spencer
Chesterfield Royal Hospital, Calow, Chesterfield
Clin Med 7:23-7. 2007..This is unlikely to be explained by casemix or chance. This may have major implications for the health of patients. More emphasis must be placed during training on the correct interpretation of endoscopies...
- The epidemiology of genitourinary fistulae in Kumasi, Ghana, 1977-1992K A Danso
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Science and Technology School of Medical Sciences, Kumasi, Ghana
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 7:117-20. 1996..A retrospective study was carried out from the hospital records and operative reports of all patients with genitourinary fistulae seen at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital ..
- Transfusion management in pediatric and adolescent scoliosis surgery. Efficacy of autologous bloodD J Murray
Department of Anesthesia, Washington University School of Medicine at St Louis Children s Hospital, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:2735-40. 1997..Blood bank consultation, autologous donation records, anesthesia records, surgical reports, and hospital records were reviewed. Seventy percent of patients (164 of 243) participated in autologous donation...
- [Dementia registry: current status in Catalonia]S Lopez-Pousa
Unitat de Valoració de la Memòria i les Demències, Hospital Santa Caterina, Institut d Assistencia Sanitaria, Girona, Espana
Rev Neurol 27:96-101. 1998..Records of dementias give information regarding the number of cases of dementia and also for planning use of resources as required by the population...
- Breast cancer outcomes among older women: HMO, fee-for-service, and delivery system comparisonsA Lee-Feldstein
Center for Health Policy and Research, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Calif 92697-5800, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:189-99. 2001..MEASUREMENTS AND MAIN RESULTS: Health insurance was determined from hospital records. Outcomes were analyzed with multivariate regression models, controlling for age, ethnicity, time, and SES ..
- Diethylene glycol poisoning in Gurgaon, India, 1998J Singh
National Institute of Communicable Diseases, 22 Shamnath Marg, Delhi 110054, India
Bull World Health Organ 79:88-95. 2001..METHODS: Data were collected from hospital records, parents and doctors of the patients, and district health officials...
- Exposure to chemotherapeutic agents and the risk of a second breast cancer: preliminary findingsP L Horn
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Yale J Biol Med 61:223-31. 1988..The second study obtained information from in-person interviews, hospital records, and outpatient chemotherapy records from across the state...
- Mental impairment of elderly hospitalized hip fracture patientsA L Furstenberg
School of Social Work, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27514
Compr Gerontol B 1:80-5. 1987Mental impairment recorded at admission, following surgery and at discharge was assessed by studying the hospital records of 98 community residing persons, 60 years and older (mean age 76...
- Long-term follow-up results of thoracolumbar fractures after posterior instrumentationE Tasdemiroglu
Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:1704-8. 1995STUDY DESIGN. This retrospective study examined the hospital records of 60 patients with thoracolumbar fractures treated with posterior fusion and spinal instrumentation. The mean follow-up period was 66 months. OBJECTIVES...
- Demographic characteristics of the Lambwe Valley populationB T Wellde
Walter Reed Project, Veterinary Research Laboratory, Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development, Kenya
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 83:29-42. 1989..Of 339 individuals confirmed as sleeping sickness patients by hospital records from within the study site 320 (94.3%) were traced to their homes...
- [Tumors of the posterior fossa in children]N Sardinas
Servicio de Neurologia Infantil, Instituto de Neurologia y Neurocirugia, La Habana, Cuba
Rev Neurol 28:1153-8. 1999..Primary tumours of the CNS form 20% of the neoplasias seen in children. They are the second commonest type of cancer seen in childhood, after leukemia. A significant proportion of paediatric cerebral tumours (> 50%) are intratentorial...
- A population-based survey of ovarian malignancies in the southeast health care region of Sweden 1984-1987T Hogberg
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Oncol 33:739-45. 1994..Tumor Registry of the Southeast region of Sweden during 1984 to 1987 were analyzed by survey of the hospital records and population registry data...
- Sympathy, empathy, and physician resource utilizationS D Nightingale
Section of General Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas
J Gen Intern Med 6:420-3. 1991..For each physician, hospital records were retrospectively reviewed to assess the mean number of laboratory tests ordered per clinic patient and ..
- Observations on human echinococcosis (hydatidosis) and evaluation of transmission factors in the Maasai of northern TanzaniaC N Macpherson
Swiss Tropical Institute Field Laboratory, Ifakara, Tanzania
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 83:489-97. 1989..Retrospective review of hospital records revealed an annual surgical rate of hydatid disease for 1977 through 1986 of 11 per 100,000 people...
- Low incidence of the severe complications of malaria and absence of malaria-specific mortality, in Tensa, Sundergarh district, Orissa state, India, an area hyper-endemic for malariaS K Prusty
BIM Hospital, Tensa, Sundergargh, Orissa, India
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 95:133-40. 2001..Tensa lies in area where malaria (predominantly caused by Plasmodium falciparum) is hyper-endemic. The hospital records for 1995--1999 showed that, although annual admissions for malaria increased over the study period, there ..
- Mortality for tracheal, bronchial and lung cancer: possibilities and limits in data quality-controlE Guidi
Istituto di Igiene e Medicina Preventiva, , Italia
Tumori 74:369-75. 1988..Analysis of the data obtained in this manner suggests that municipal records are more "accurate" than are hospital records. The authors likewise indicate the usefulness and importance of the autopsy for a correct diagnosis of cause ..
- Anterior discectomy and fusion for painful cervical disc disease. A report of 50 patients with an average follow-up of 21 yearsD R Gore
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:2047-51. 1998..METHODS: Office charts and hospital records were used to obtain information about diagnosis, surgery, and complications...
- Seizures in the critically ill: the role of imipenemB S Koppel
Department of Neurology, Metropolitan Hospital Center, New York, New York 10029, USA
Epilepsia 42:1590-3. 2001....
- The Victorian major trauma transfer studySalomon Zalstein
Emergency Department, Bendigo Health, Bendigo Hospital, PO Box 126, Bendigo, Victoria 3552, Australia
Injury 41:102-9. 2010..To comprehensively examine the inter-hospital transfer of major trauma patients-including the reason for transfer, duration, escorts, interventions and unexpected events...
- [Discharge data for surveillance of cancer care]Ugo Fedeli
Sistema epidemiologico regionale SER Regione Veneto, Presidio ospedaliero di Castelfranco Veneto, Italy
Epidemiol Prev 35:144-8. 2011....
- [A proposal for a computerized clinical records file for a department of general surgery]F Cabano
Clinica Chirurgica II, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia
Minerva Chir 48:495-503. 1993..The author stresses the utility of a medical computerized records system containing only few but important clinical data. It makes it possible to perform the most analysis of surgical series without the aid of a professional programmer...
- Use of CUSUM and Shewhart charts to monitor regional trends of birth defect reports in New York StateGwen D Babcock
Bureau of Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology, New York State Department of Health, Troy, 12180, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:669-78. 2005..We chose obstructive renal defects because we expected an increase in reporting due to improved diagnosis. We chose oral clefts for comparison because we expected reporting to be unaffected by changes in diagnostic technologies...
- Risk stratification in a Brazilian hospital-based cohort of 1220 outpatients with heart failure: role of Chagas' heart diseaseHumberto F G Freitas
Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Cardiol 102:239-47. 2005..Few studies evaluated prognostic factors of outpatients with heart failure of different etiologies including Chagas' heart disease...
- Risk of venous thromboembolism in people admitted to hospital with selected immune-mediated diseases: record-linkage studySreeram V Ramagopalan
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, UK
BMC Med 9:1. 2011..We, therefore, decided to study the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE) in people admitted to hospital with a range of immune-mediated diseases...
- Data compression for medical report archivingP Spyns
Division of Medical Informatics, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Methods Inf Med 33:164-9. 1994....
- Microenterprise in health care and health educationA A Edler
Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Yale J Biol Med 71:591-6. 1998....
- Chart-recorded psychiatric diagnoses in women giving birth in California in 1992R H Kelly
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, Davis, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:955-7. 1999..This study examines the occurrence of chart-recorded psychiatric discharge diagnoses among all women delivering in California hospitals in 1992...
- Decreasing in-hospital mortality for oesophageal variceal hemorrhage in the USAM Mazen Jamal
Division of Gastroenterology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Long Beach, California 90822, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:947-55. 2008..In addition, our aim was to study patient demographics and to identify risk factors for in-hospital mortality based on administrative data routinely collected in this population...
- Practice guidelines for the implementation of a quality program in thromboprophylaxis and treatment management in patients with venous thromboembolic diseaseRaúl Carrillo-Esper
Unidad de Terapia Intensiva, Fundación Clínica Médica Sur, Tlalpan, DF, Mexico
Cir Cir 80:92-105. 2012....
- Hospital protocols for the inpatient care of older adults: results from a statewide surveyMark D Neuman
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:1959-64. 2010..To assess the prevalence of protocols or guidelines for selected domains of inpatient care for older adults; to explore associations between hospital characteristics and adoption of these guidelines or protocols...
- Drug prescriptions after acute myocardial infarction: dosage, compliance, and persistenceEwurabena Simpson
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Montreal General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am Heart J 145:438-44. 2003..few studies have examined dosage and long-term compliance and persistence patterns for the use of these drugs after AMI...
- Design of a safer approach to intravenous drug infusions: failure mode effects analysisM Apkon
333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520 8064, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 13:265-71. 2004..Failure modes effects analysis (FMEA) was used to examine the impact of process changes on the reliability of delivering drug infusions...
- Inaccuracy of the administrative database: comparative analysis of two databases for the diagnosis and treatment of intracranial aneurysmsGraeme F Woodworth
The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Neurosurgery 65:251-6; discussion 256-7. 2009....
- A pediatric acute wound service: a novel approach in wound managementB T Bucher
Division of Pediatric Surgery, St Louis Children s Hospital, Washington University, School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
J Pediatr Surg 45:167-70; discussion 170. 2010..The purpose of this study is to report our initial 7-year experience with the PAWS program...
- A comparison of two methods for identifying surgical site infections following orthopaedic surgeryH L Cadwallader
Western Australian Nosocomial Infection Surveillance Project, Perth, Australia
J Hosp Infect 48:261-6. 2001..A reduction in the duplication of data and time spent by the ICP on the collection of information for surveillance purposes can be achieved...
- Surveillance of medical device-related hazards and adverse events in hospitalized patientsMatthew H Samore
University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
JAMA 291:325-34. 2004..Although adverse drug events have been extensively evaluated by computer-based surveillance, medical device errors have no comparable surveillance techniques...
- Using administrative data to identify surgical adverse events: an introduction to the Patient Safety IndicatorsHaytham M A Kaafarani
Department of Surgery, VA Boston Healthcare System, West Roxbury, MA, USA
Am J Surg 198:S63-8. 2009....
- On the coding and reporting of race and ethnicity in New Hampshire for purposes of cancer reportingBruce L Riddle
Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Ethn Dis 15:324-31. 2005..The objective was to investigate how data on race and ethnicity are collected by hospitals reporting to the New Hampshire State Cancer Registry (NHSCR)...
- Predisposing factors for acute kidney injury in Hispanic patients treated with diuretics for decompensated heart failureFabio Ricci
Cardiology Section, Internal Medicine Department, School of Medicine, University of Puerto Rico Medical Science Campus, San Juan, Puerto Rico
P R Health Sci J 32:63-7. 2013..We assessed the factors that contributed to the development of AKI in patients with CHF treated with loop diuretics in a sample of patients who attended the Cardiovascular Center of Puerto Rico and the Caribbean (CCPRC)...
- Reducing errors and risk in a prenatal network with an electronic medical recordPeter S Bernstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women s Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10461 2373, USA
J Reprod Med 52:987-93. 2007..These features together, we believe, will help to minimize medical errors, improve patient outcomes and reduce liability exposure...
- Identifying possible deaths associated with nosocomial infection in a hospital by data miningAlexis Hautemaniere
Infection Prevention and Control, University Hospital of Nancy, 9 Avenue de la Forêt de Haye, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Am J Infect Control 39:118-22. 2011..The aim of the present study was to assess whether linking the microbiological database with the hospital mortality database might be a suitable surveillance approach for identifying patients who died with an NI...
- Perioperative dexmedetomidine improves outcomes of cardiac surgeryFuhai Ji
Department of Anesthesiology, First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Circulation 127:1576-84. 2013..This retrospective study was designed to determine whether the perioperative use of dexmedetomidine could reduce the incidence of complications and mortality after cardiac surgery...
- [Determination of vital status by linkage of anonymised hospital and national mortality data]I Fournel
Département d information médicale, CHU de Dijon, 1, boulevard Jeanne d Arc, 21000 Dijon cedex, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 55:365-73. 2007....
- Hospital data may be more accurate than census data in estimating the ethnic composition of general practice populationsSally A Hull
Centre for Health Sciences, Barts and the London Queen Mary s School of Medicine, London, UK
Inform Prim Care 17:67-78. 2009..Developing and monitoring responsive local services requires accurate measures of ethnicity and language needs. Hence establishing the ethnic composition of GP populations is important...
- Underreporting of major obstetric haemorrhage in the NetherlandsJ J Zwart
Department of Obstetrics, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Transfus Med 20:118-22. 2010..The estimated underreporting of MOH of 35% is considerable. Underreporting is inherent to large observational multicentre studies and should be anticipated and quantified to facilitate fair comparison of epidemiologic data...
- Offspring of Maltreated Mothers:Prenatal & Infant HealthJennie Noll; Fiscal Year: 2006..The training component will involve extensive independent reading, coursework, seminars, conferences, and concentrated time with mentors. ..
- Cortisol Activity and Sexual AbuseJennie Noll; Fiscal Year: 2006..5) To provide a comprehensive evaluation of the effect of extrahypothalamic CRH regulated behaviors on cortisol concentrations and reactivity. ..
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUPPHILIP BREITFELD; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Social and built environment and race/ethnic variations in cancer outcomesSCARLETT GOMEZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The impact of the built environment on the risk of breast cancerTHERESA KEEGAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Training in Medication Compliance and Health LiteracySunil Kripalani; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, the proposed research could serve as a model for other interventions to improve compliance and cardiovascular care, particularly among low-literate and underserved populations. ..
- Development of Improved Earphone for Hearing TestingRobert Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2008..In this project an earphone is being developed that can be used in both automated and manual testing and will significantly increase the efficiency, accuracy, and accessibility. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prospective Investigation for Pulmonary Embolism Dx IIIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Integrating Well-Woman and Well-Baby Care to Improve Parenting & Family WellnessJOHN LEVENTHAL; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacist Intervention for Low Literacy in Cardiovascular Disease (PILL-CVD)Sunil Kripalani; Fiscal Year: 2009..Program costs will also be assessed. If successful, this intervention could offer an important means of reducing medication errors in the post-hospitalization period. ..
- Association of PPAR gamma ligands & colonic neoplasiaJames Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our results will allow us to translate the existing in vitro and in vivo observations to the intact human colon and could lead to further chemoprevention strategies. ..
- Automated Test of Word Recognition - Phase IIRobert Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2006..A pilot study will test the method on a Spanish-language speech-recognition test. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Culture and Ethnic Variations in Breast Cancer TreatmentSCARLETT GOMEZ; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Socioeconomic Disparities in Survival After Hodgkin Lym*THERESA KEEGAN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Primary Care Colorectal Ca Screening Surveillance SystemRichard Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) The team of investigators is strong, and has collaborated previously in successful research in PE. ..
- Pilot to Evaluate Second Primary Cancers in the ElderlyLynne Penberthy; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Alcohol in Aviation and Motor CarriersGuohua Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..Findings from theproposed research couldprovide much-neededscientific evidence for informing important policy decisions relevant to transportation safety andprotection of the traveling public. ..
- Randomized Trial of Rosiglitazone for Ulcerative ColitisJames Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..If our hypothesis is correct, this study will serve to establish that ligands for PPARg possess biological activity necessary to modulate the inflammatory response in the intact human colon. ..