Summary: The commitment in writing, as authentic evidence, of something having legal importance. The concept includes certificates of birth, death, etc., as well as hospital, medical, and other institutional records.
Publications220 found, 100 shown here
- Epidemiology of a primary pneumonic plague in Kantoshu, Manchuria, from 1910 to 1911: statistical analysis of individual records collected by the Japanese EmpireHiroshi Nishiura
Department of Medical Biometry, University of Tubingen, Westbahnhofstrasse 55, Tubingen, D 72070, Germany
Int J Epidemiol 35:1059-65. 2006..With the current rarity of pneumonic plague epidemics, our epidemiological knowledge remains insufficient for detailed characterization of effective control measures...
- Ultrasonographic diagnosis of portosystemic shunting in dogs and catsMarc André D'Anjou
Department of Clinical Sciences, Sections of Radiology, Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine, 200 Westboro Road, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 45:424-37. 2004..The presence of turbulence in the caudal vena cava of dogs had positive and negative predictive values of 91% and 84%, respectively, for the presence of any PSS terminating into that vein...
- The use of porcine small intestinal submucosa for the repair of full-thickness corneal defects in dogs, cats and horsesMartin Bussieres
Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Purdue University, IN 47907, USA
Vet Ophthalmol 7:352-9. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy of using a porcine small intestinal submucosa (SIS) graft covered by a conjunctival flap for the surgical repair of full-thickness corneal wounds in dogs, cats and horses...
- Congruence of self-reported medications with pharmacy prescription records in low-income older adultsGrace I L Caskie
Gerontology Center, The Pennsylvania State University, 135 E Nittany Avenue, Suite 405, State College, PA, USA
Gerontologist 44:176-85. 2004This study examined the congruence of self-reported medications with computerized pharmacy records.
- Material in the middle ear of dogs having magnetic resonance imaging for investigation of neurologic signsM C Owen
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, London, UK
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 45:149-55. 2004..Brachycephalic dogs may be predisposed to this condition...
- San Francisco pedestrian injury surveillance: mapping, under-reporting, and injury severity in police and hospital recordsStanley Sciortino
Community Health Education Section, San Francisco Department of Public Health, CA 94102, USA
Accid Anal Prev 37:1102-13. 2005....
- Canine atopic dermatitis: validation of recorded diagnosis against practice records in 335 insured Swedish dogsAne Nødtvedt
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Vet Scand 48:8. 2006..In order to validate the correctness of this specific diagnosis in the insurance database, medical records were requested by mail from the attending veterinarians...
- Concordance among three self-reported measures of medication adherence and pharmacy refill recordsChristopher L Cook
College of Pharmacy, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 45:151-9. 2005To evaluate the level of agreement among three previously validated self-reported medication adherence measures and pharmacy refill records (RRs).
- A study of factors affecting suicide in Aboriginal and 'other' populationsin the Top End of the Northern Territory through an audit of coronial recordsRobert Parker
Northern Territory Clinical School, School of Medicine, Faculty of Health Science, Flinders University, Parap NT
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 36:404-10. 2002..Territory led to a review of recent suicides in the Top End of the Northern Territory using the coroner's records. The aim of the review was to establish through the coronial files whether there were any significant differences ..
- Assessment of the welfare of dairy cattle using animal-based measurements: direct observations and investigation of farm recordsH R Whay
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford, Bristol
Vet Rec 153:197-202. 2003..with experts on the welfare of cattle to use direct observations of cattle and an examination of farm records to assess welfare. Fifty-three dairy farms in England were visited and assessed during the winter of 2000/01...
- Lumbosacral stenosis in 29 military working dogs: epidemiologic findings and outcome after surgical intervention (1990-1999)Lorraine L Linn
College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University and the Department of Veterinary Science, US Army Medical Department Center and School, USA
Vet Surg 32:21-9. 2003..STUDY DESIGN: Retrospective study. ANIMALS: Twenty-nine MWDs with DLS. METHODS: The medical records of dogs diagnosed and surgically treated for DLS at the Department of Defense Military Working Dog Veterinary ..
- Clustering of reported cases of leptospirosis among dogs in the United States and CanadaMichael P Ward
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, 1243 Veterinary Pathology Building, West Lafayette, IN 47907 1243, USA
Prev Vet Med 56:215-26. 2002..The veterinary medicine database was searched for records of dogs in which a diagnosis of leptospirosis was made during the study period...
- Detection of occult urinary tract infections in dogs with diabetes mellitusNancy C McGuire
Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 38:541-4. 2002..In this study, diabetic dogs with negative and positive bacterial urine cultures were compared. Records from 51 dogs with diabetes mellitus were reviewed at the University of Illinois...
- Canine pleural and mediastinal effusions: a retrospective study of 81 casesR J Mellanby
Queen s Veterinary School Hospital, University of Cambridge
J Small Anim Pract 43:447-51. 2002..cases of canine pleural and/or mediastinal effusions were identified from radiography and ultrasonography records reviewed between 1992 and 2000 at the Queen's Veterinary School Hospital, University of Cambridge...
- Analysis of factors affecting survival in dogs with aortic body tumorsNicole Ehrhart
Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois, 1008 West Hazelwood Drive, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Vet Surg 31:44-8. 2002..To evaluate the effect of perioperative and operative variables on survival time in dogs with aortic body tumors...
- Portosystemic shunts: diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of 64 cases (1993-2001)James T Winkler
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 36849 5523, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 39:169-85. 2003..No animal in this study had paired bile acid samples within the reference range postoperatively, indicating continued abnormal liver function after surgery...
- Retrospective evaluation of sex hormones and steroid hormone intermediates in dogs with alopeciaLinda A Frank
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996 4544, USA
Vet Dermatol 14:91-7. 2003..Results of this study suggest that the pathomechanism of the alopecia, at least for some breeds, may not relate to steroid hormone intermediates and emphasizes the need for breed specific normals...
- Candida spp. urinary tract infections in 13 dogs and seven cats: predisposing factors, treatment, and outcomeBarrak M Pressler
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, 4700 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 39:263-70. 2003b>Records from 20 animals (13 dogs, seven cats) with Candida spp. urinary tract infections were reviewed. Six Candida spp. were isolated; Candida albicans was the most common isolate...
- Inflammatory polyps of the middle ear in 5 dogsKathryn M Pratschke
Department of Veterinary Clinical Studies, Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, Roslin, Midlothian, United Kingdom
Vet Surg 32:292-6. 2003..To describe inflammatory polyps of the middle ear in 5 dogs...
- Primary secretory otitis media in the Cavalier King Charles spaniel: a review of 61 casesW Stern-Bertholtz
Strömsholm Referral Animal Hospital, Kolbäck, Sweden
J Small Anim Pract 44:253-6. 2003..The prognosis was good in all cases. PSOM is an important differential diagnosis in Cavalier King Charles spaniels with signs of pain involving the head and neck, and/or neurological signs...
- Comparison of tibial plateau angles in normal and cranial cruciate deficient stifles of Labrador retrieversUllrich Reif
Department for Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
Vet Surg 32:385-9. 2003..To investigate tibial plateau angles (TPA) in normal and cranial cruciate ligament (CCL) deficient stifles of Labrador retrievers...
- Determination of inheritance of single congenital portosystemic shunts in Yorkshire terriersKaren M Tobias
C247 Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 4544, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 39:385-9. 2003..Two affected Yorkshire terriers were bred and produced two normal puppies. Congenital PSS appears to be hereditary in Yorkshire terriers; however, the mechanism of inheritance has yet to be elucidated...
- Clinical findings in 40 dogs with hypersensitivity associated with administration of potentiated sulfonamidesLauren A Trepanier
Department of Medical Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, School of Veterinary Medicine, Madison, WI 53706 1102, USA
J Vet Intern Med 17:647-52. 2003..0035). Sixty-three percent of the dogs with thrombocytopenia recovered, compared to 90% of the dogs without thrombocytopenia (P = .042). Recovery was not associated with sex, age, breed, or type of sulfonamide administered...
- Thoracolumbar disc disease in large dogs: a study of 99 casesC Macias
Willows Referral Service, Solihull, West Midlands
J Small Anim Pract 43:439-46. 2002The records of 99 dogs weighing over 20 kg with thoracolumbar disc disease were reviewed. Two types of disc disease were recognised: degenerative nuclear extrusion (n=63) and degenerative annular protrusion (n=36)...
- Aortic and cardiac mineralization in the dogTobias Schwarz
Department of Veterinary Clinical Studies, University of Glasgow, Scotland
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 43:419-27. 2002..Aortic and cardiac mineralization should be recognized as an incidental, non-significant finding in dogs of advanced age and differentiated from pleural and pulmonary structures...
- Retrospective evaluation of partial parenteral nutrition in dogs and catsDaniel L Chan
Department of Clinical Sciences, Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
J Vet Intern Med 16:440-5. 2002..The medical records of all dogs and cats receiving PPN between 1994 and 1999 were reviewed to determine signalment, reasons for use ..
- Results of vulvoplasty for treatment of recessed vulva in dogsScott P Hammel
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 38:79-83. 2002..Case records were evaluated, and clients were interviewed by telephone...
- Canine anal sac adenocarcinomas: clinical presentation and response to therapyPeter F Bennett
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
J Vet Intern Med 16:100-4. 2002..33). We conclude that platinum chemotherapy has antitumor activity in canine apocrine gland carcinoma and that further study of these agents is warranted...
- Open peritoneal drainage versus primary closure for the treatment of septic peritonitis in dogs and cats: 42 cases (1993-1999)Andrew J Staatz
Department of Clinical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Vet Surg 31:174-80. 2002..To determine survival rates in dogs and cats with septic peritonitis treated with open peritoneal drainage (OPD) versus primary closure (PC) after laparotomy...
- Mycoplasmal respiratory infections in small animals: 17 cases (1988-1999)John C Chandler
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 38:111-9. 2002..The relationship between Mycoplasma spp. and respiratory disease detected in some of these cases suggests some Mycoplasma spp. may act as primary pathogens in dogs and cats...
- Spontaneous gastroduodenal perforation in 16 dogs and seven cats (1982-1999)Laura E Hinton
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 38:176-87. 2002The records of 23 dogs and cats diagnosed with spontaneous gastroduodenal perforation (GDP) were retrospectively reviewed. Survival was 63% in dogs and 14% in cats. Rottweilers <5 years of age were overrepresented...
- Canine atopic dermatitis: a retrospective study of 266 cases examined at the University of California, Davis, 1992-1998. Part I. Clinical features and allergy testing resultsGila Zur
Koret Veterinary Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, PO Box 12 Rehovot 76100, Israel
Vet Dermatol 13:89-102. 2002The medical records of 266 dogs diagnosed as having atopic dermatitis were reviewed. Statistical data were evaluated referable to breed predilections, clinical signs and positive reactions to allergens...
- Canine atopic dermatitis: a retrospective study of 169 cases examined at the University of California, Davis, 1992-1998. Part II. Response to hyposensitizationGila Zur
Koret Veterinary Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, PO Box 12 Rehovot 76100, Israel
Vet Dermatol 13:103-11. 2002..Lower response scores were seen in dogs having positive reactions to cultivated plants, grasses, trees or insects. There was no difference in response to hyposensitization whether based on IDST or ELISA results...
- Two-dimensional and M-mode echocardiographic predictors of disease severity in dogs with congenital subaortic stenosisMark A Oyama
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 38:209-15. 2002..The ratio of these two areas demonstrated a strong inverse relationship (P=0.001; r2=0.778) with disease severity. This ratio provides a method of estimating severity of disease by two-dimensional echocardiography...
- Causes of uveitis in dogs: 102 cases (1989-2000)Kathleen L Massa
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, 27606, USA
Vet Ophthalmol 5:93-8. 2002..Medical records of dogs presented for uveitis were reviewed...
- Temporomandibular joint morphology in Cavalier King Charles SpanielsAlison M Dickie
Department of Veterinary Preclinical Studies, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, Scotland, UK
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 43:260-6. 2002....
- Cellular features of sonographic target lesions of the liver and spleen in 21 dogs and a catAlessandra Cuccovillo
Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, UK
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 43:275-8. 2002..Benign lesions associated with target lesions were nodular hyperplasia of the liver and spleen, pyogranulomatous hepatitis, cirrhosis, and chronic active hepatitis...
- Correlation between fine-needle aspiration cytopathology and histopathology of the lung in dogs and catsJennifer D DeBerry
Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616 8734, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 38:327-36. 2002Medical records from 28 patients having fine-needle aspiration (FNA) cytopathology and histopathology of pulmonary lesions were reviewed...
- Breed susceptibility for developmental orthopedic diseases in dogsElizabeth LaFond
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 38:467-77. 2002....
- Use of intraoperative mesenteric portovenography in congenital portosystemic shunt surgeryRobert N White
Davies White Veterinary Specialists, Manor Farm Business Park, Higham Gobion, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK, SG5 3HR
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 44:514-21. 2003..In each patient, surgical records were reviewed to ascertain the degree of shunt attenuation that was achieved at surgery...
- Ultrasonographic findings in dogs and cats with gastrointestinal perforationSøren R Boysen
Section of Emergency and Critical Care, Department of Clinical Sciences, Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 44:556-64. 2003..In the remaining 10 patients, a focal area of gastric/intestinal ulceration or transmural necrosis with perforation was identified without evidence of an underlying cause...
- Clinical experience with butyl-2-cyanoacrylate adhesive in the management of canine and feline corneal diseaseChristine M Watté
The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, North Mymms, Hatfield, UK
Vet Ophthalmol 7:319-26. 2004..To examine and evaluate clinical indications and postoperative outcome in a series of small animal patients in which corneal disease was managed by the application of butyl 2-cyanoacrylate adhesive...
- Percutaneous fine-needle biopsy of deep thoracic and abdominal masses in dogs and catsU Bonfanti
Clinica Veterinaria Gran Sasso, via Donatello 26, 20131 Milan, Italy
J Small Anim Pract 45:191-8. 2004..8 per cent, a specificity of 100 per cent, a predictive value of a positive test of 100 per cent and a predictive value of a negative test of 56.3 per cent...
- Relationships between the histological grade of cutaneous mast cell tumours in dogs, their survival and the efficacy of surgical resectionS Murphy
Centre for Preventive Medicine, Animal Health Trust, Lanwades Park, Kentford, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 7UU
Vet Rec 154:743-6. 2004..The results suggest that wide surgical margins are not a prerequisite for a successful long-term outcome in dogs with well-differentiated cutaneous mast cell tumours...
- Suboccipital craniectomy, dorsal laminectomy of C1, durotomy and dural graft placement as a treatment for syringohydromyelia with cerebellar tonsil herniation in Cavalier King Charles spanielsKatie Vermeersch
Small Animal Department, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan, Merelbeke, Belgium
Vet Surg 33:355-60. 2004..This technique is used with great success in human medicine...
- Canine intracranial primary neoplasia: 173 cases (1986-2003)Jessica M Snyder
Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
J Vet Intern Med 20:669-75. 2006..Based on the results of this study, thoracic radiographs and abdominal ultrasonography may be indicated to look for extracranial neoplasia prior to advanced imaging of the brain or intracranial surgery...
- Magnetic resonance imaging findings in 25 dogs with inflammatory cerebrospinal fluidChristopher R Lamb
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hertfordshire, AL9 7TA, UK
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 46:17-22. 2005..Administration of gadolinium resulted in enhancement of intraaxial lesions in nine (36%) dogs and enhancement of meninges in seven (28%) dogs. Six (24%) dogs with inflammatory CSF had images interpreted as normal...
- Long-term survival of 23 dogs with pericardial effusionsR J Mellanby
Queen s Veterinary School Hospital, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0ES
Vet Rec 156:568-71. 2005Twenty-three dogs with pericardial effusions were identified from case records made between 1992 and 2000...
- Utility of magnetic resonance imaging for distinguishing neoplastic from non-neoplastic brain lesions in dogs and catsGiunio Bruto Cherubini
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, UK
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 46:384-7. 2005..008), and contrast enhancement (P = 0.025). Increasing age was also found to be associated with neoplasia (P = 0.0001). MR signs of non-neoplastic brain diseases in dogs and cats were more variable than those of brain neoplasia...
- Outcomes of intrahepatic portosystemic shunts occluded with ameroid constrictors in nine dogs and one catSteven R Bright
Small Animal Teaching Hospital, University of Liverpool and Oakwood Veterinary Referrals, Northwich, UK
Vet Surg 35:300-9. 2006..To report outcome after ameroid constrictor (AC) use for single intrahepatic portosystemic shunts (IPSS)...
- A retrospective analysis of case series using home-prepared and chicken hydrolysate diets in the diagnosis of adverse food reactions in 181 pruritic dogsAnette Loeffler
Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Vet Dermatol 17:273-9. 2006..837 AFR; P=0.416 concurrent AFR) indicate that the chicken hydrolysate diet may be a valuable alternative to home-prepared diets in the diagnosis of canine AFR. Prospective cross-over studies are warranted to confirm these findings...
- Entropion correction in dogs and cats using a combination Hotz-Celsus and lateral eyelid wedge resection: results in 311 eyesRobert A Read
Adelaide Veterinary Specialist and Referral Center, 102 Magill Road, Norwood, SA 5067, Australia
Vet Ophthalmol 10:6-11. 2007..Domestic cats made up the majority of feline cases. The overall success rate for a single surgical procedure to correct lower lid entropion with this technique was 94.2% per eye...
- Soft tissue sarcomas and mast cell tumours in dogs; clinical behaviour and response to surgeryM Baker-Gabb
Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2006
Aust Vet J 81:732-8. 2003..To establish whether conclusions drawn from previous international studies are applicable to the University Veterinary Centre, Sydney, dog population and vice versa...
- Ultrasonographic findings in abdominal mast cell disease: a retrospective study of 19 patientsAmy F Sato
Section of Radiology, Department of Clinical Sciences Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine, 200 Westborough Road, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 45:51-7. 2004..survey from January 1989 to January 1999 of Tufts University Foster Hospital for Small Animals radiology records of 12 dogs and seven cats with cytologically or histopathologically confirmed abdominal mast cell disease was ..
- Superficial necrolytic dermatitis in 11 dogs with a history of phenobarbital administration (1995-2002)Philip A March
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Vet Intern Med 18:65-74. 2004The clinical records of 11 dogs with histologically confirmed superficial necrolytic dermatitis (SND) and a history of phenobarbital (PB) administration (SND/PB) were evaluated retrospectively (1995-2002)...
- Spinal arachnoid pseudocysts in 10 rottweilersK Jurina
Department of Small Animal Medicine, University of Leipzig, An den Tierkliniken 23, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Small Anim Pract 45:9-15. 2004..Additional information was obtained using magnetic resonance imaging in five dogs. Five dogs underwent a dorsal laminectomy; in three cases, the pseudocyst was treated by marsupialisation and, in two, by durectomy...
- Ultrasonographic findings of intestinal intussusception in seven catsM N Patsikas
Department of Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 11 Stavrou Voutyra Street, 546 27 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Feline Med Surg 5:335-43. 2003The medical records of seven cats with intestinal intussusception that were diagnosed by abdominal ultrasonography and exploratory laparotomy were reviewed...
- Outcomes of cellophane banding for congenital portosystemic shunts in 106 dogs and 5 catsGeraldine B Hunt
Veterinary Cardiovascular Unit, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Vet Surg 33:25-31. 2004..To report outcomes after cellophane banding of single congenital portosystemic shunts in dogs and cats...
- Retrospective study of 25 young weimaraners with low serum immunoglobulin concentrations and inflammatory diseaseR D Foale
The Queen s Veterinary School Hospital, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0ES
Vet Rec 153:553-8. 2003..5 months. One dog died during a symptomatic episode, three were euthanased, six were alive at follow-up but had continued to show clinical signs and 11 had made a full recovery...
- Association of breed with the diagnosis of congenital portosystemic shunts in dogs: 2,400 cases (1980-2002)Karen M Tobias
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 223:1636-9. 2003..To determine the annual and overall proportion of diagnoses of congenital portosystemic shunts (CPSS) in dogs and identify breeds at increased risk for CPSS...
- Pantarsal arthrodesis with a customised medial or lateral bone plate in 13 dogsW M McKee
Willows Referral Service, 78 Tanworth Lane, Solihull, West Midlands B90 4DF
Vet Rec 154:165-70. 2004..Five complications were recorded in four of the dogs. Between 29 and 156 weeks postoperatively the clinical outcome was graded as excellent in six dogs, good in six dogs and fair in the other...
- 5-year reoperation rates after different types of lumbar spine surgeryA D Malter
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:814-20. 1998..Administrative records also were used to identify complications, mortality, and hospital charges associated with the operations...
- Risk to tourists posed by wild mammals in South AfricaD N Durrheim
Consultant in Communicable Disease Control, Mpumalanga Department of Health, South Africa
J Travel Med 6:172-9. 1999..METHODS: Commercial press records covering all South African Newspapers archived at the Independent Newspapers' central library were systematically ..
- [Evaluation of the risk of sudden death in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy]N Sadoul
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Central, CHU de Nancy
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:65-73. 1999..It would seem to be possible to assess the impact of the genotype on prognosis. However, this "genetic stratification" remains the realm of top research teams and is not yet accessible routinely in clinical practice...
- The OB protein (leptin) pathway--a link between adipose tissue mass and central neural networksL A Campfield
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Hoffmann-La Roche Inc, Nutley, NJ 07110, USA
Horm Metab Res 28:619-32. 1996..Therapeutic approaches to the treatment of obesity based on OB protein ranging from OB protein by injection to OB-R receptor agonists and to upregulation of OB signalling pathways are under intense investigation...
- The utility of neuroimaging in the evaluation of children with migraine or chronic daily headache who have normal neurological examinationsD W Lewis
Departments of Pediatrics and Neurology, Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23510, USA
Headache 40:629-32. 2000..METHODS: We retrospectively reviewed the medical records of patients coded for headache (ICD 784) in the Pediatric Neurology Clinic at Children's Hospital of the King's ..
- Health problems and use of services at two urban American Indian clinicsT L Taylor
Department of Health Administration, College of Public Health, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City 73190
Public Health Rep 103:88-95. 1988..A survey of medical records was conducted at urban Indian health clinics, one located in Oklahoma City, OK, and the other in Wichita, KS...
- Comparing utilization of life-sustaining treatments with patient and public preferencesH R Alpert
Division of Medical Ethics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
J Gen Intern Med 13:175-81. 1998..MEASUREMENTS AND MAIN RESULTS: We selected at random and reviewed 7,400 inpatient medical records from a single urban teaching hospital during the period just prior to the Patient Self-Determination Act...
- "Inappropriate" physician habits in prescribing oral nifedipine capsules in hospitalized patientsF Rehman
Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06032-3940, USA
Am J Hypertens 9:1035-9. 1996..Through evaluation of computerized pharmacy and medical records, data were collected on diagnostic reasons for ordering nifedipine, pre- and posttreatment blood pressures, ..
- Acute cardiac ischemia in patients with syncope: importance of the initial electrocardiogramS Georgeson
Department of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111
J Gen Intern Med 7:379-86. 1992..Supplemental retrospective review of records was performed to differentiate syncope from dizziness...
- Secular trends in cardiovascular mortality in Iran, with special reference to IsfahanN Sarraf Zadegan
Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Center, Iran
Acta Cardiol 54:327-33. 1999..METHODS AND RESULTS: The study was based on national death records using the ninth international classification of diseases and age standardization was performed using the total ..
- The impact of birth weight and gestational age on blood pressure in adult life: a population-based study of 49-year-old menA Siewert-Delle
Department of Nephrology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, , Sweden
Am J Hypertens 11:946-53. 1998..Birth records were traced in 430 subjects and compared with screening records...
- Pruritus in chronic hepatitis C: association with high serum bile acids, advanced pathology, and bile duct abnormalitiesE Lebovics
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla 10595, USA
Dig Dis Sci 42:1094-9. 1997..We reviewed the records of 175 chronic hepatitis C patients to identify patients with severe, diffuse, unexplained pruritus; 12 ..
- Case-controlled review of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhoea in southern TasmaniaH A Halim
Tasmanian School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, University of Tasmania, Australia
J Clin Pharm Ther 22:391-7. 1997..METHODS: A retrospective review of the medical records of adult patients admitted to the hospital between January 1994 and December 1996 was performed...
- The role of phospholipase A2 and nitric oxide in pain-related behavior produced by an allograft of intervertebral disc material to the sciatic nerve of the ratM Kawakami
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Wakayama Medical College, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:1074-9. 1997..CONCLUSION: It appears that phospholipase A2 and nitric oxide play important but different roles in pathomechanisms of radicular pain in lumbar disc herniation...
- Apoptosis in vasculature of spontaneously hypertensive rats: effect of an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor and a calcium channel antagonistA M Sharifi
MRC Multidisciplinary Research Group on Hypertension, , , , Canada
Am J Hypertens 11:1108-16. 1998....
- Using 1990 national MCH objectives to assess health status and risk in an American Indian communityB C Campbell
Yellowhawk Indian Health Center, Pendleton, OR 97801
Public Health Rep 104:627-31. 1989The authors used data from birth records to assess changes in health risks and health status of American Indians (AI) living in Umatilla County, OR, from 1973 to 1986...
- [Not Available]L Lanzoni
Physis Riv Int Stor Sci 34:511-43. 1997....
- [Epidemiology, clinical aspects and prognosis of severe progressive community-acquired pneumonia]W Holtermann
Abteilung für Anästhesie und Intensivtherapie Klinikum, Phillips Universität Marburg
Pneumologie 52:263-70. 1998..The investigation was based on the observation that very severe progressive forms of community-acquired pneumonia are at present one of the most frequent conditions triggering ARDS...
- Tuberculous lesions of the lumbosacral region. A 15-year follow-up of patients treated by ambulant chemotherapyS Rajasekaran
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Ganga Medical Centre and Hospitals, Coimbatore, India
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:1163-7. 1998..They are also prone to progressive deformity through the years when the anterior growth plates are destroyed. Surgery is indicated in this group to prevent greater deformity...
- From the Big Bang to sustainable societiesK E Eriksson
Institute of Physical Resource Theory, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Oncol 30:5-14. 1991..The challenge to the developed countries is not only to decrease their own emissions of pollutants but to develop the cyclic technology and life styles needed by the entire human community...
- Interobserver reliability of detecting lumbar intervertebral disc high-intensity zone on magnetic resonance imaging and association of high-intensity zone with pain and anular disruptionB M Smith
Division of Clinical Sciences, Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, California, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:2074-80. 1998STUDY DESIGN: Retrospective analysis of a spine imaging center's records of patients with chronic low back pain referred by tertiary care facilities...
- Early post-splenectomy sepsis after missile injury in adultsY A Ellias
Basrah Teaching Hospital, Iraq
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 73:185-8. 1991..Of the total, 79 were excluded due to: early transfer 51, incomplete records 8, perioperative death 11, and having combined splenic and hepatic injuries 9 (excluded by definition), leaving ..
- Evaluating HIV-infected patients with headache: who needs computed tomography?A L Gifford
Health Services Research and Development Program, VA San Diego Calif Healthcare System and the Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, USA
Headache 41:441-8. 2001..To empirically test a clinical prediction rule for evaluating HIV-infected patients complaining of headache and to identify those at low risk for intracranial mass lesion who do not need immediate computed tomography of the head...
- Measles reporting completeness during a community-wide epidemic in inner-city Los AngelesD P Ewert
Communicable Disease Control Unit, Los Angeles County Department of Health Services
Public Health Rep 110:161-5. 1995..Information about measles episodes was obtained and medical records were reviewed, when available...
- Biochemical comparisons of the normal and oncogenic forms of insect cell-expressed neu tyrosine kinasesP M Guy
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular, and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853-6401
J Biol Chem 267:13851-6. 1992....
- Motion analysis of leg joints associated with escape turns of the cockroach, Periplaneta americanaS W Nye
Department of Biology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 7080
J Comp Physiol A 171:183-94. 1992..We used motion analysis of high speed video records to acquire such information. Records from both free ranging and tethered animals were analyzed. 1...
- The influence of salt on the structure and energetics of supercoiled DNAT Schlick
New York University, New York, Department of Chemistry, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Wright Rieman Laboratories, New Brunswick, New Jersey
Biophys J 67:2146-66. 1994..The collective observations suggest a potential regulatory role for salt on supercoiled DNA function, not only for closed circular DNA,but also for linear DNA with small looped regions...
- [Work of breathing in differentiation of various forms of sleep-related breathing disorders]T Barchfeld
Krankenhaus Kloster Grafschaft, , Schlaf- und Beatmungsmedizin, Schmallenberg Grafschaft
Pneumologie 51:931-5. 1997..The main reason for these findings may be the increased airway obstruction due to chronic bronchitis. Both populations did not change the breathing patterns during the different positions...
- Effects of calyculin A on tension and myosin phosphorylation in skinned smooth muscle of the rabbit mesenteric arteryA Suzuki
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 109:703-12. 1993..Based on this evidence, it is hypothesized that, in these cells, a constitutively active MLC-kinase may be present, though its action may be concealed by that of endogenous MLC-phosphatase...
- Origin of spinal cord axons in the lizard regenerated tail: supernormal projections from local spinal neuronsM T Duffy
Department of Biological Sciences and Committee on Neuroscience, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60680, USA
J Comp Neurol 293:208-22. 1990....
- Enhancement of GABAA receptor-mediated conductances induced by nerve injury in a subclass of sensory neuronsA A Oyelese
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Neurophysiol 74:673-83. 1995..There was no difference in resting potential or input resistance between control and ligated groups, except that the resting potential was less negative in small cells after axotomy.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Characterization of insulin-like growth factor binding proteins (IGFBPs) secreted by bovine adrenocortical cells in primary culture: regulation by insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) and adrenocorticotropin (ACTH)C Fottner
Medical Department II, Laboratory of Endocrine Research, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich
Horm Metab Res 31:203-8. 1999..Therefore, bovine adult adrenocortical cells provide a useful tissue culture model in which the complex interactions between two IGF-ligands, at least four IGF binding proteins and two IGF-receptors can be evaluated...
- An epidemiologic study of episodes of back pain careP G Shekelle
West Los Angeles VAMC, California, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:1668-73. 1995..CONCLUSIONS. Back pain episodes of care occur commonly in the adult U.S. population, but usually are brief and recur infrequently...
- A clinical prediction rule for the diagnosis of ureteral calculi in emergency departmentsT J Elton
Division of Area Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905
J Gen Intern Med 8:57-62. 1993..nontraumatic abdominal or flank pain (derivation group) were retrospectively identified from radiology department records; 72 patients were prospectively evaluated in the emergency department for suspected ureteral stones (validation ..
- The epidemiology of genitourinary fistulae in Kumasi, Ghana, 1977-1992K A Danso
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Science and Technology School of Medical Sciences, Kumasi, Ghana
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 7:117-20. 1996..A retrospective study was carried out from the hospital records and operative reports of all patients with genitourinary fistulae seen at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital between ..
- Role of N-glycosylation in cathepsin E. A comparative study of cathepsin E with distinct N-linked oligosaccharides and its nonglycosylated mutantY Yasuda
Department of Pharmacology, Kyushu University Faculty of Dentistry, Fukuoka, Japan
Eur J Biochem 266:383-91. 1999....
- Potential cost-savings and quality improvement in travel advice for children and families from a centralized travel medicine clinic in a large group-model health maintenance organizationH Backer
Emergency Department, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Hayward, California, USA
J Travel Med 8:247-53. 2001..METHODS: From computerized pharmacy records, we identified 101 children 18 years of age or younger from six different facilities of Kaiser Permanente in ..
- 1995 Volvo Award in basic sciences. The use of an osteoinductive growth factor for lumbar spinal fusion. Part II: Study of dose, carrier, and speciesS D Boden
Department of Orthopaedics, Emory University School of Medicine, Decatur, Georgia, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:2633-44. 1995..The achievement of posterolateral spinal fusion in the rhesus monkey using an osteoinductive growth factor is a significant step toward the biologic enhancement of spinal fusion in humans...
- Effect of acute and chronic losartan therapy on active and inactive renin and active renin glycoformsJ A Opsahl
School of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Am J Hypertens 8:1090-8. 1995....
- Animal models of 'anxiety': where next?R J Rodgers
Ethopharmacology Laboratory, School of Psychology, University of Leeds, UK
Behav Pharmacol 8:477-96; discussion 497-504. 1997....
- The Behavioral Treatment of Depressed Cancer PatientsDEREK HOPKO; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Feasibility Study of Soccer InjuriesMelissa Schiff; Fiscal Year: 2007..Findings from this research will be used to for the development of a large, prospective cohort study to evaluate potentially modifiable risk factors for injury among female youth soccer players. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nitogen reduction and xenobiotic responseLauren A Trepanier; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal of these studies is to find better ways to prevent these adverse reactions. ..
- Cooperative Planning of the SDSU/UCSD Cancer Center Par*Elizabeth Klonoff; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Mental Health Systems and Juvenile Justice OutcomesAlison Evans Cuellar; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Outpatient Prescription ErrorsAMANDA KENNEDY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, she will work closely with experienced investigators in the fields of Outcomes Research, Technology Assessment, and Human Factors Research. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cuqyun: Predictors of Alaska Native Adolescent Sobriety and Reasons for LivingJames Allen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Alcohol Interlock and Biomarker Prediction of DUI RiskPaul Marques; Fiscal Year: 2007..These markers together with driver records and validated self-report assessment instruments (TLFB, AUDIT, DIS-AM, TRI, DrInC) will be used to develop ..
- Planning a Clinical Trial on Low Vision RehabilitationCynthia Owsley; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GTPase Activating Proteins in Aging and OsteoarthritisLisa Fortier; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that these findings will facilitate identification of target molecules for development of therapeutics modalities for OA. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tissue engineered osteochondral patella resurfacingJames Cook; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Workplace Aerosol Sampling at Realistic Low WindspeedsJames Vincent; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new research will fill these gaps and place occupational aerosol exposure assessment on a still firmer footing. ..
- CBATD for Depressed Cancer PatientsDEREK HOPKO; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MEASUREMENT OF MAJOR STRESSFUL EVENTS OVER LIFE COURSESBRUCE DOHRENWEND; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PATTERNS AND PREDICTORS IN THE ALCOHOL INTERLOCK RECORDPaul Marques; Fiscal Year: 2002..The interlock device also records and stores all driver BAC test outcomes. In a recent analysis based on 5...
- SOCIAL STATUS AND PTSD IN U.S. VIETNAM VETERANSBRUCE DOHRENWEND; Fiscal Year: 2001..The veteran samples were drawn from military records and interviewed in detail about their premilitary lives, their military experiences, and their lives following ..
- Clinical Vision Research Unit at UABCynthia Owsley; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, UAB has already established many community relations and research infrastructure contacts with these subpopulations that will immediately facilitate our research efforts. ..
- Quality of Life in Patients with Brain MetastasesJoseph King; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..