Genomes and Genes
sickness impact profile
Summary: A quality-of-life scale developed in the United States in 1972 as a measure of health status or dysfunction generated by a disease. It is a behaviorally based questionnaire for patients and addresses activities such as sleep and rest, mobility, recreation, home management, emotional behavior, social interaction, and the like. It measures the patient's perceived health status and is sensitive enough to detect changes or differences in health status occurring over time or between groups. (From Medical Care, vol.xix, no.8, August 1981, p.787-805)
Publications340 found, 100 shown here
- The estimation of a preference-based measure of health from the SF-36John Brazier
Sheffield Health Economics Group, School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, UK
J Health Econ 21:271-92. 2002..These problems must be weighed against the rich descriptive ability of the SF-6D, and the potential application of these models to existing and future SF-36 data set...
- Interpretation of changes in health-related quality of life: the remarkable universality of half a standard deviationGeoffrey R Norman
Program for Educational Research and Development, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Med Care 41:582-92. 2003..A number of studies have computed the minimally important difference (MID) for health-related quality of life instruments...
- The World Health Organization's WHOQOL-BREF quality of life assessment: psychometric properties and results of the international field trial. A report from the WHOQOL groupS M Skevington
WHO Centre for the Study of Quality of Life, Department of Psychology, University of Bath, Bath, UK
Qual Life Res 13:299-310. 2004..These results indicate that overall, the WHOQOL-BREF is a sound, cross-culturally valid assessment of QOL, as reflected by its four domains: physical, psychological, social and environment...
- Development of the 25-item National Eye Institute Visual Function QuestionnaireC M Mangione
Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research, Department of Medicine, UCLA, 911 Broxton Plaza, Box 951736, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1736, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 119:1050-8. 2001....
- Methods to explain the clinical significance of health status measuresGordon H Guyatt
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University and Health Sciences Center, Hamilton, Ontario
Mayo Clin Proc 77:371-83. 2002..No single approach to interpretability is perfect. Use of multiple strategies is likely to enhance the interpretability of any particular instrument...
- Health-related quality of life associated with chronic conditions in eight countries: results from the International Quality of Life Assessment (IQOLA) ProjectJordi Alonso
Health Services Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica IMIM IMAS, Barcelona, Spain
Qual Life Res 13:283-98. 2004..Few studies and no international comparisons have examined the impact of multiple chronic conditions on populations using a comprehensive health-related quality of life (HRQL) questionnaire...
- The Health Utilities Index (HUI): concepts, measurement properties and applicationsJohn Horsman
Health Utilities Inc, Dundas, ON, Canada
Health Qual Life Outcomes 1:54. 2003..The widespread use of HUI facilitates the interpretation of results and permits comparisons of disease and treatment outcomes, and comparisons of long-term sequelae at the local, national and international levels...
- Health-related quality of life is related to COPD disease severityElisabeth Stahl
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:56. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the association between health-related quality of life (HRQL) and disease severity using lung function measures...
- Persisting consequences of stroke measured by the Stroke Impact ScaleSue Min Lai
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160 7313, USA
Stroke 33:1840-4. 2002....
- The new subjective medicine: taking the patient's point of view on health care and healthMark Sullivan
Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical History and Ethics, University of Washington, 98195, Seattle, WA, USA
Soc Sci Med 56:1595-604. 2003..This further incorporation of patient subjectivity should carry us well beyond informed consent and the other protections for patient autonomy bequeathed to us by bioethics...
- Multimorbidity and quality of life: a closer lookMartin Fortin
Department of Family Medicine, Sherbrooke University, Sherbrooke, Canada
Health Qual Life Outcomes 5:52. 2007..The goal of this study was to analyse impaired organ domains that affect the most HRQOL of patients with multiple chronic conditions in primary care and their possible interactions...
- A comparative review of generic quality-of-life instrumentsS J Coons
Center for Health Outcomes and PharmacoEconomic Research, College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 17:13-35. 2000..Study 36-Item Short Form (SF-36) health survey; (ii) the Nottingham Health Profile (NHP); (iii) the Sickness Impact Profile (SIP); (iv) the Dartmouth Primary care Cooperative Information Project (COOP) Charts; (v) the Quality of ..
- Content comparison of health-related quality of life (HRQOL) instruments based on the international classification of functioning, disability and health (ICF)Alarcos Cieza
ICF Research Branch, WHO FIC Collaborating Center DIMDI, IMBK, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Qual Life Res 14:1225-37. 2005..The ICF proved highly useful for the comparison of HRQOL instruments. The comparison of selected HRQOL instruments may provide clinicians and researchers with new insights when selecting health-status measures for clinical studies...
- Impact of hypoglycaemia on quality of life and productivity in type 1 and type 2 diabetesRuth E Davis
School of Care Sciences, University of Glamorgan, Pontypridd, Wales, United Kingdom
Curr Med Res Opin 21:1477-83. 2005..To characterise the impact of increasing severity and frequency of hypoglycaemia on utility, quality of life, primary care resource use and productivity (time away from normal activities) in people with both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes...
- Subjective assessments of comorbidity correlate with quality of life health outcomes: initial validation of a comorbidity assessment instrumentElizabeth A Bayliss
Kaiser Permanente, PO Box 378066, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:51. 2005..A subjective measure of comorbidity that incorporates an assessment of disease severity may be particularly useful for assessing comorbidity for these investigations...
- Assessing the responsiveness of measures of oral health-related quality of lifeDavid Locker
Community Dental Health Services Research Unit, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, 124 Edward Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1G6
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 32:10-8. 2004....
- How do age and tooth loss affect oral health impacts and quality of life? A study comparing two national samplesJames G Steele
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 32:107-14. 2004..Age, number of teeth and cultural background are important variables influencing oral health-related quality of life...
- What do measures of 'oral health-related quality of life' measure?David Locker
Community Dental Health Services Research Unit, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Canada
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 35:401-11. 2007..Verifying this claim requires further qualitative studies of the outcomes of oral disorders as perceived by patients and persons, and the concurrent use of measures that more explicitly address the issue of quality of life...
- Minimal changes in health status questionnaires: distinction between minimally detectable change and minimally important changeHenrica C de Vet
EMGO Institute, VU University Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:54. 2006..Appreciating the distinction, it becomes possible to judge whether the minimally detectable change of a measurement instrument is sufficiently small to detect minimally important changes...
- Discrepancies between self-ratings of and satisfaction with oral health in two older adult populationsDavid Locker
Community Dental Health Services Research Unit, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 33:280-8. 2005..The aim of the study reported here was to assess the relationship between self-rated oral health and satisfaction with oral health in two studies of older adult populations...
- Health-related quality of life measurement in pediatric clinical practice: an appraisal and precept for future research and applicationJames W Varni
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, Texas A and M University, 3137 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843 3137, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:34. 2005....
- Psychometric properties of the Brazilian version of the Oral Health Impact Profile-short formBranca Heloisa Oliveira
Rio de Janeiro State University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 33:307-14. 2005..The aim of the study is to evaluate the measurement properties of the Brazilian version of the short form of the Oral Health Impact Profile (OHIP14)...
- The German version of the Oral Health Impact Profile--translation and psychometric propertiesMike T John
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Eur J Oral Sci 110:425-33. 2002....
- The PedsQL Family Impact Module: preliminary reliability and validityJames W Varni
Department of Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning, College of Architecture, Texas A and M University, 3137 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843 3137, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:55. 2004..The PedsQL Family Impact Module measures parent self-reported physical, emotional, social, and cognitive functioning, communication, and worry. The Module also measures parent-reported family daily activities and family relationships...
- Effect of depression on vision function in age-related macular degenerationBarry W Rovner
Department of Psychiatry, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:1041-4. 2002..To report the prevalence rate of depression in older patients with recent vision loss due to age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and to describe the effect of depression on self-reported vision function during 6 months...
- Quality of life in patients with coronary heart disease-I: assessment toolsDavid R Thompson
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Health Qual Life Outcomes 1:42. 2003....
- Health-related quality of life among adolescents with allergy-like conditions - with emphasis on food hypersensitivityBirgitta Marklund
Centre for Allergy Research, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Solna, Sweden
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:65. 2004..Special focus was put on food hypersensitivity as a specific allergy-like condition and on gender differences...
- Validation the Oral Health Impact Profile (OHIP-14sp) for adults in SpainJavier Montero-Martín
Department of Dentistry, School of Medicine, University of Salamanca, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 14:E44-50. 2009..One of the most internationally spread indicators is the Oral Health Impact Profile (OHIP-14), but it has still never been applied in Spain. The aim of this study was to validate the OHIP-14 for use among adults in Spain...
- Measuring the health related quality of life of people with ischaemic heart diseaseM Dempster
Health and Social Care Research Unit, The Queen s University of Belfast, Mulhouse Building, Grosvenor Road, Belfast BT12 6BJ, UK
Heart 83:641-4. 2000..To inform researchers and clinicians about the most appropriate generic and disease specific measures of health related quality of life for use among people with ischaemic heart disease...
- Validation of the National Eye Institute Visual Function Questionnaire-25 (NEI VFQ-25) in age-related macular degenerationPeggy Orr
Retina Division, Wilmer Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:3354-9. 2011..This study's objective was to evaluate such associations along with questions on restricted activity days...
- A further investigation of health-related quality of life over time among men with HIV infection in the HAART eraHuanguang Jia
Department of Veterans Affairs Rehabilitation Outcomes Research Center, Gainesville, FL 32608 1197, USA
Qual Life Res 16:961-8. 2007..e., CD4 cell count) may have differential quality of life implications for patients at various times in their disease trajectories...
- [Changes in quality of life during acute inpatient naturopathic treatment--results of the Blankenstein model]A M Beer
Modellabteilung für Naturheilkunde Klinik Blankenstein, Herdecke
Gesundheitswesen 63:242-7. 2001..Focus is on the following question: How will a three-week in-patient treatment with naturopathic methods affect the quality of life of patients, based on a prepost-comparison and a follow-up over 6 months?..
- Patient-centred outcome measures for oral mucosal disease are sensitive to treatmentC McGrath
Periodontology and Public Health, Faculty of Dentistry, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, University of Hong Kong, 34 Hospital Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 32:334-6. 2003..003) between the start and end of the trial. In conclusion, both OHQOL and OHIP-14, patient-centred outcome measures are sensitive to the clinical effects of topical betamethasone in the treatment of oral lichen planus...
- Responsiveness of EORTC QLQ-C30, QLQ-CR38 and FACT-C quality of life questionnaires in patients with colorectal cancerLionel Uwer
Centre Alexis Vautrin, Department of Medical Oncology, Nancy, France
Health Qual Life Outcomes 9:70. 2011....
- Symptoms and treatment burden of gastroesophageal reflux disease: validating the GERD assessment scalesJean Y Liu
Department of Surgery, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, White River Junction, VT, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:2058-64. 2004..A comprehensive assessment instrument that measures the burden of both symptoms and treatment is needed to determine the optimal management of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and we developed such an instrument...
- Health related quality of life of Iranian children with type 1 diabetes: reliability and validity of the Persian version of the PedsQL™ Generic Core Scales and Diabetes ModulePeyman Jafari
Department of Biostatistics, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Health Qual Life Outcomes 9:104. 2011..0 Generic Core Scales and the PedsQL™ 3.0 Diabetes Module...
- The use of the SF-36 questionnaire in adult survivors of childhood cancer: evaluation of data quality, score reliability, and scaling assumptionsRaoul C Reulen
Centre for Childhood Cancer Survivor Studies, University of Birmingham, Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:77. 2006..The aim of this paper was to determine whether the SF-36 questionnaire is a valid and reliable instrument in assessing self-perceived health status of adult survivors of childhood cancer...
- Ability to perform activities of daily living is the main factor affecting quality of life in patients with dementiaChristian K Andersen
MUUSMANN Research and Consulting, Haderslevvej 36, 6000 Kolding, Denmark
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:52. 2004..The objective of this study was to assess the health utilities of patients with dementia in Europe and identify the key factors influencing their Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQol)...
- Impact of oral disease on quality of life in the US and Australian populationsAnne E Sanders
Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health School of Dentistry, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 37:171-81. 2009..e. the NHANES-OHIP...
- A concept analysis of health-related quality of life in young people with chronic illnessRachel M Taylor
Paediatric Liver Centre, King s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London
J Clin Nurs 17:1823-33. 2008..To critique existing concept analyses of quality of life and develop a definition applicable for young people with chronic illness...
- Physical and psychological long-term and late effects of cancerKevin D Stein
Behavioral Research Center, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia 30303 1002, USA
Cancer 112:2577-92. 2008..Increased awareness of these issues is a key component in the development of follow-up care plans that may allow for adequate surveillance, prevention, and the management of long-term and late effects of cancer...
- Estimating utility values for health states of type 2 diabetic patients using the EQ-5D (UKPDS 62)Philip Clarke
Med Decis Making 22:340-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to analyze quality-of-life data from the United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS) to estimate the impact of diabetes-related complications on utility-based measures of quality of life...
- Depression, visual acuity, comorbidity, and disability associated with age-related macular degenerationB L Brody
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093-0946, USA
Ophthalmology 108:1893-900; discussion 1900-1. 2001..as measured by the National Eye Institute-Vision Function Questionnaire (NEI-VFQ) and the vision-specific Sickness Impact Profile (SIPV), and disability caused by overall health status as measured by the Sickness Impact Profile-68 (SIP)..
- The PedsQL in pediatric cancer: reliability and validity of the Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory Generic Core Scales, Multidimensional Fatigue Scale, and Cancer ModuleJames W Varni
Center for Child Health Outcomes, Children s Hospital and Health Center, 3020 Children s Way, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Cancer 94:2090-106. 2002..The PedsQL Multidimensional Fatigue Scale was designed to measure fatigue in pediatric patients. The PedsQL 3.0 Cancer Module was designed to measure pediatric cancer specific HRQOL...
- Reliability and validity of the Iranian version of the Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory™ 4.0 Generic Core Scales in adolescentsParisa Amiri
Obesity Research Center, Research Institute for Endocrine Sciences, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 19395 4763, Tehran, Iran
Qual Life Res 19:1501-8. 2010..The objective of this study was to investigate the reliability and validity of the Iranian version of the Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory™ 4.0 (PedsQL™ 4.0) Generic Core Scales in adolescents..
- Predictors of health-related quality of life in type II diabetic patients in GreeceAngelos A Papadopoulos
Faculty of Social Sciences, Hellenic Open University, Riga Fereou 169 and Tsamadou, Patras, Greece
BMC Public Health 7:186. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess health-related quality of life (HRQOL) of Greek Type II DM patients and to identify significant predictors of the disease in this patient population...
- Evaluation of fatigue scales in stroke patientsGillian Mead
Geriatric Medicine, School of Clinical Sciences and Community Health, University of Edinburgh, New Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Stroke 38:2090-5. 2007..There is little information on how to best measure poststroke fatigue. Our aim was to identify which currently available fatigue scale is most valid, feasible, and reliable in stroke patients...
- Factors affecting health related quality of life of patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseFrancesc Casellas
Digestive System Research Unit, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Qual Life Res 11:775-81. 2002..Factors significant at the univariate analysis were assessed using multiple linear regression modeling with global IBDQ score as the dependent factor...
- Quality of life after stroke: the North East Melbourne Stroke Incidence Study (NEMESIS)Jonathan W Sturm
National Stroke Research Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Stroke 35:2340-5. 2004..The aims were to assess HRQoL at 2 years poststroke, to identify determinants of HRQoL in stroke survivors, and to identify predictors at stroke onset of subsequent HRQoL...
- Assessment of quality of life in children with peanut allergyNatalie J Avery
Division of Infection Inflammation and Repair, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 14:378-82. 2003..The QoL in children with PA is more impaired than in children with IDDM. Their anxiety may be considered useful in some situations, promoting better adherence to allergen avoidance advice and rescue plans...
- Preliminary development of the World Health Organsiation's Quality of Life HIV instrument (WHOQOL-HIV): analysis of the pilot versionK O'CONNELL
Mental Health and Substance Dependence Department, World Health Organisation, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Soc Sci Med 57:1259-75. 2003..Finally, those with no education, or only primary education showed some of the poorest means. It is concluded that these new items and facets add value for measurement of QoL in PLWHA...
- Toward a theoretical model of quality-of-life appraisal: Implications of findings from studies of response shiftBruce D Rapkin
Department of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:14. 2004....
- Relationship between multimorbidity and health-related quality of life of patients in primary careMartin Fortin
Department of Family Medicine, Sherbrooke University, Sherbrooke, Que, Canada
Qual Life Res 15:83-91. 2006..05). Increased multimorbidity adversely affected HRQOL in primary-care adult patients, even when confounding variables were controlled for...
- Derivation and validation of the short version of the Malaysian Oral Health Impact ProfileRoslan Saub
Community Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 33:378-83. 2005..This paper describes the development of a short version of the Malaysian Oral Health Impact Profile...
- Health-related quality of life of long-term high-grade glioma survivorsIngeborg Bosma
VU University Medical Center, Department of Neurology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuro Oncol 11:51-8. 2009..We concluded that baseline HRQOL is not related to duration of survival and that long-term survivors show improvement of HRQOL to a level comparable to that of the healthy...
- Comparison of the GOHAI and OHIP-14 as measures of the oral health-related quality of life of the elderlyD Locker
Community Dental Health Services Research Unit, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 29:373-81. 2001..This paper compares the performance of the GOHAI and the OHIP-14 as measures of the oral health-related quality of life of the compromised elderly...
- Reliability and validity of the National Eye Institute Visual Function Questionnaire-25 in patients with age-related macular degenerationDennis A Revicki
Center for Health Outcomes Research, United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:712-7. 2010..To evaluate the psychometric characteristics of the National Eye Institute Visual Function Questionnaire-25 (NEI VFQ-25) in patients with age-related macular degeneration (AMD) who participated in two clinical trials...
- Retrospective baseline measurement of self-reported health status and health-related quality of life versus population norms in the evaluation of post-injury lossesW L Watson
Monash University Accident Research Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Inj Prev 13:45-50. 2007..However, there has been little discussion in the literature or research into the soundness of these approaches for this purpose...
- Clinical determinants of long-term quality of life after strokeM D Patel
Division of Health and Social Care, King s College, London, UK
Age Ageing 36:316-22. 2007..To determine factors that independently predict health-related quality of life (HRQOL) 1 and 3 years after stroke...
- Validation of a Chinese version of the Oral Health Impact Profile (OHIP)May C M Wong
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 30:423-30. 2002..To translate the original English version of Oral Health Impact Profile (OHIP) into a Chinese version, to validate the translated instrument for use among the elderly in Hong Kong and to derive a Chinese short-form OHIP...
- The effect of immunomodulatory treatment on multiple sclerosis fatigueL M Metz
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1045-7. 2004..To assess the effects of glatiramer acetate and beta interferon on fatigue in multiple sclerosis...
- Developing a disease-specific quality of life measure for people with multiple sclerosisH L Ford
Department of Neurology, St James's University Hospital Trust, Leeds, UK
Clin Rehabil 15:247-58. 2001..It measures a construct related to well-being, and provides an important adjunct to the measurement of outcome in multiple sclerosis...
- A German version of the GOHAIAlexander J Hassel
Poliklinik fur Zahnarztliche Prothetik, Heidelberg, Germany
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 36:34-42. 2008..Translation, reliability analysis and validation of a German version of the Geriatric/General Oral Health Assessment Index (GOHAI) was the aim of this study...
- Problems with the sickness impact profile: a theoretically based analysis and a proposal for a new method of implementation and scoringB Pollard
University of St Andrews, School of Psychology, Fife, Scotland, UK
Soc Sci Med 52:921-34. 2001The Sickness Impact Profile (SIP) is one of the most widely used health status measures, but there are problems with the measure that lead to inconsistent and illogical scores...
- German short forms of the Oral Health Impact ProfileMike T John
Department of Prosthodontics and Materials Science, School of Dentistry, University of Leipzig, Germany
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 34:277-88. 2006..We report the development and psychometric evaluation of short forms of the Oral Health Impact Profile German version (OHIP-G) - an instrument to assess oral health-related quality of life (OHRQoL)...
- Validity, reliability, and responsiveness of the EQ-5D in inflammatory bowel disease in GermanyRenee G Stark
Institute for Health Economics and Health Care Management at Helmholtz Zentrum München German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg by Munich, Germany
Inflamm Bowel Dis 16:42-51. 2010..The EuroQol (EQ)-5D questionnaire is a generic instrument measuring health-related quality of life. Its validity, reliability, and responsiveness were assessed in a large sample of Crohn's disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC) patients...
- Study protocol: SPARCLE--a multi-centre European study of the relationship of environment to participation and quality of life in children with cerebral palsyAllan Colver
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust, School of Clinical Medical Sciences Child Health, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4LP, UK
BMC Public Health 6:105. 2006..Concepts are adopted from the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health which bridges the medical and social models of disability...
- Impairments, activity limitations and participation restrictions: prevalence and associations among persons living with HIV/AIDS in British ColumbiaMelanie Rusch
Department of Population Health, British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, St, Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:46. 2004..To measure the prevalence of and associations among impairments, activity limitations and participation restrictions in persons living with HIV in British Columbia to inform support and care programs, policy and research...
- The prevalence and severity of oral impacts on daily performances in Thai primary school childrenSudaduang Gherunpong
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:57. 2004..There are no systematic OHRQoL studies of a population-based sample of children. The objective of this study was to assess the prevalence, characteristics and severity of oral impacts in primary school children...
- Prevalence of impacts of dental and oral disorders and their effects on eating among older people; a national survey in Great BritainA Sheiham
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London Medical School, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 29:195-203. 2001..The objective was to assess the prevalence, in a British population aged 65 years and older, of oral health related impacts and the effects they had on the quality of daily life and in particular on eating...
- Quality-of-life issues in osteoporosisStuart L Silverman
Division of Rheumatology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8641 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 301, Beverly Hills, CA 90211, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 7:39-45. 2005....
- Oral health-related quality of life of elderly Germans--comparison of GOHAI and OHIP-14A J Hassel
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Community Dent Health 27:242-7. 2010....
- Evaluation of quality of life for patients with glaucomaGeorge Spaeth
Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 141:S3-14. 2006....
- Quality of life in patients with age-related macular degeneration: impact of the condition and benefits of treatmentJason S Slakter
Vitreous Retina Macula Consultants of New York, New York, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 50:263-73. 2005....
- Comparison of a generic and a specific measure of oral health related quality of lifeD S Brennan
AIHW Dental Statistics and Research Unit, Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health, Dental School, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Adelaide, South Australia
Community Dent Health 22:11-8. 2005..The aims of the study were to compare the discriminant validity of a generic health state measure, the EuroQol, and a specific oral health measure, the Oral Health Impact Profile...
- Characterisation and comparison of health-related quality of life for patients with renal failureAmanda J Lee
Cardiff Research Consortium, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 21:1777-83. 2005....
- Psychometric properties of the General Oral Health Assessment Index (GOHAI) and dental status of an elderly Mexican populationSergio Sánchez-García
Unidad de Investigación Epidemiológica yen Servicios de Salud, Area Envejecimiento, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico, DF Mexico
J Public Health Dent 70:300-7. 2010..To evaluate the psychometric properties of the Geriatric/General Oral Health Assessment Index, Spanish version (GOHAI-Sp) and their relationship with the dentition status of an elderly Mexican population as a discriminatory validation...
- Using the PedsQL™ 3.0 asthma module to obtain scores comparable with those of the PROMIS pediatric asthma impact scale (PAIS)David Thissen
Department of Psychology, CB 3270, Davie Hall, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Qual Life Res 20:1497-505. 2011..One advantage of PROMIS is the ability to link other scales to the PROMIS metric...
- Reliability and validation of a Brazilian version of the Oral Health Impact Profile for assessing edentulous subjectsR F Souza
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
J Oral Rehabil 34:821-6. 2007..Interviewed volunteers (n = 6) comprehended most questions well. In conclusion, the Brazilian version of OHIP-EDENT is adequate for assessing the oral health-related quality of life for edentulous subjects...
- Quality of life improvement in treatment of psoriasis with intermittent short course cyclosporin (Neoral)M S Salek
Centre for Socioeconomic Research, University of Wales, Cardiff, UK
Qual Life Res 13:91-5. 2004..Once again, the applicability and validity of the PDI as a useful QOL tool has been demonstrated...
- Health Related Quality of Life in Malaysian children with thalassaemiaAdriana Ismail
Institute of General Practice and Primary Care, Community Sciences Centre, University of Sheffield, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield S5 7AU, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:39. 2006..0 generic Scale Score: physical, emotional, social and role (school) functioning compared to the healthy controls allowing for age, gender, ethnicity and household income...
- Periodontal disease and quality of life in British adultsEduardo Bernabé
Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
J Clin Periodontol 37:968-72. 2010..To explore the association between periodontal disease and quality of life in British adults, independently of demographic factors, socioeconomic position and other common oral conditions...
- Putting Wilson and Cleary to the test: analysis of a HRQOL conceptual model using structural equation modelingKaren H Sousa
College of Nursing, Arizona State University, P O Box 872602, Tempe, AZ 85287 2602, USA
Qual Life Res 15:725-37. 2006..05 level). Based on the modification indexes, an alternative model linking symptom status directly with general health perceptions and overall quality of life was specified. Implication and limitation of the findings are discussed...
- Validity and reliability of the EQ-5D self-report questionnaire in Chinese-speaking patients with rheumatic diseases in SingaporeN Luo
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore NUS
Ann Acad Med Singapore 32:685-90. 2003..We assessed the psychometric properties of a Singaporean Chinese version of the EQ-5D, a health-related quality of life (HRQoL) instrument...
- Quality of life instruments and definitions in individuals with spinal cord injury: a systematic reviewM R Hill
Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Spinal Cord 48:438-50. 2010..A systematic review...
- Comparison of perceived oral health in patients with temporomandibular disorders and dental anxiety using oral health-related quality of life profilesOliver Schierz
Department of Prosthodontics and Materials Science, University of Leipzig, Nürnberger Str 57, Leipzig 04103, Germany
Qual Life Res 17:857-66. 2008..Our study aim was to compare patients' perceived impact from temporomandibular disorders (TMD) and from dental anxiety on oral health using item profiles contained within the Oral Health Impact Profile (OHIP)...
- To what extent can we explain time trade-off values from other information about respondents?Paul Dolan
Sheffield Health Economics Group and Department of Economics, University of Sheffield, UK
Soc Sci Med 54:919-29. 2002..The results suggest that age, sex and marital status are the most important respondent characteristics determining health state valuations. The VAS valuations were found to add very little to the explanatory power of the models...
- Quality of life in cystic fibrosis: the impact of gender, general health perceptions and disease severityL Gee
Department of Nursing, Faculty of Health, University of Central Lancashire, Preston PR1 2HE, UK
J Cyst Fibros 2:206-13. 2003..In addition, there is evidence that females have a worse prognosis than males. The current work assesses the impact of both these factors on health related quality of life (HRQoL)...
- Quality of life measurement after stroke: uses and abuses of the SF-36Jeremy C Hobart
Neurological Outcome Measures Unit, Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London, United Kingdom
Stroke 33:1348-56. 2002..However, a fundamental assumption for its valid use after stroke has not been comprehensively tested: is it legitimate to generate scores for 8 scales and 2 summary measures using the standard algorithms? We tested this assumption...
- A modified short version of the oral health impact profile for assessing health-related quality of life in edentulous adultsFinbarr Allen
University Dental School and Hospital, National University of Ireland, Department of Restorative Dentistry, Wilton, Cork, Ireland
Int J Prosthodont 15:446-50. 2002..The aim of this study was to develop a shortened version of the Oral Health Impact Profile (OHIP) appropriate for use in edentulous patients and to evaluate its measurement properties...
- The EQ-5D--a generic quality of life measure-is a useful instrument to measure quality of life in patients with Parkinson's diseaseA Schrag
Department of Neurology, Institute of Neurology, London, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 69:67-73. 2000....
- Patients'and doctors' views of using the schedule for individual quality of life in clinical practiceAsa Kettis-Lindblad
Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Support Oncol 5:281-7. 2007..It apparently encourages patients to reflect upon their own situation and allows them to be seen as whole persons. However, further quantitative evaluation of the intervention's outcomes is required...
- Quality of life, physical disability, and respiratory impairment in Duchenne muscular dystrophyMalcolm Kohler
Pulmonary Division, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Zurich, Raemistrasse 100, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:1032-6. 2005..The assumption that severe physical disability precludes an acceptable quality of life is common, but has not been specifically evaluated in DMD...
- Health-related quality of life in patients with high-grade gliomaJin Xiang Cheng
Department of Neurosurgery, Xijing Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province 710032, PR China
Neuro Oncol 11:41-50. 2009..Furthermore, we detected broadly existing problems and many contradictory outcomes and gave some proper interpretation and suggestions regarding them...
- Health related quality of life in patients treated with radical cystectomy and urinary diversion for urothelial carcinoma of the bladder: development and validation of a new disease specific questionnaireMichael S Cookson
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, VU Medical Center, A 1302 Medical Center North, Nashville, TN 37232 2765, USA
J Urol 170:1926-30. 2003..We report the results of a new questionnaire designed specifically to measure HRQOL in these patients...
- Validation of a Farsi version of the early childhood oral health impact scale (F-ECOHIS)Seyed Ebrahim Jabarifar
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London, UK
BMC Oral Health 10:4. 2010..This study aimed to translate the ECOHIS into Farsi and test its psychometric properties for use on 2- to 5-year-old children of Farsi speaking Iranian families...
- Design of the low vision quality-of-life questionnaire (LVQOL) and measuring the outcome of low-vision rehabilitationJ S Wolffsohn
Victorian College of Optometry, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Am J Ophthalmol 130:793-802. 2000..To design and validate a vision-specific quality-of-life assessment tool to be used in a clinical setting to evaluate low-vision rehabilitation strategy and management...
- Impact of irritable bowel syndrome on patients' lives: development and psychometric documentation of a disease-specific measure for use in clinical trialsGeorge F Longstreth
Department of Gastroenterology, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, San Diego, California, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:411-20. 2005..To develop a disease-specific questionnaire to capture the impact of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and its treatment on patients' lives, the Irritable Bowel Syndrome Impact Scale (IBS-IS)...
- Effect of tooth loss and denture status on oral health-related quality of life of older individuals from Sri LankaC Pallegedara
Dental Unit, Sri Lanka Air Force, Katunayake, Sri Lanka
Community Dent Health 25:196-200. 2008..To determine the effect of tooth loss and denture status on oral health-related quality of life of older individuals...
- Evidence of disagreement between patient-perceived change and conventional longitudinal evaluation of change in health-related quality of life among older adultsSteven McPhail
Centre for Functioning, Disability and Health Research, Queensland Health, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Queensland, Australia
Clin Rehabil 24:1036-44. 2010..To identify agreement levels between conventional longitudinal evaluation of change (post-pre) and patient-perceived change (post-then test) in health-related quality of life...
- Assessing the quality of life of adults with chronic respiratory diseases in routine primary care: construction and first validation of the 10-Item Respiratory Illness Questionnaire-monitoring 10 (RIQ-MON10)J E Jacobs
Centre for Quality of Care Research, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Qual Life Res 13:1117-27. 2004..For this purpose we shortened the 55-Item Quality of Life for Respiratory Illness Questionnaire (QoL-RIQ)...
- Self System Therapy and Chronic Low Back PainFrancis Keefe; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving ambulatory community access after paralysisRudi Kobetic; Fiscal Year: 2012..various aspects of community ambulation including SF-36, Subjective Index of Social Outcome, and the Sickness Impact profile will be administered to assess community ambulation...
- NURSING MODEL--RESPIRATORY MUSCLE STRENGTH IN COPDJanet Larson; Fiscal Year: 2001..6) functional performance with the 12 minute distance walk, Functional Performance Inventory and the Sickness Impact Profile. The first four variables will be measured after recovery from each exacerbation/RTI...
- INTENSE TAI CHI EXERCISE TRAINING IN OLDER ADULTSSteven Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2000..body turning, and bending as well as health-related quality of life as measured by falls efficacy and sickness impact profile. In an effort to examine how TC may cause improvements in movement capabilities, a subset from each group ..
- PREDICTORS OF QUALITY OF LIFE: LUNG TRANSPLANT PATIENTSDorothy Lanuza; Fiscal Year: 2004..of infection and rejection episodes; 4) perceived physical functioning (physical functioning subscales of Sickness Impact Profile [SIP] and Quality of Life Index [QOLI]); and 5) satisfaction with perceived physical functioning (General ..
- MULTICENTER TRIAL OF FUNCTIONAL BOWEL DISORDERSDouglas Drossman; Fiscal Year: 2001..standardized abdominal pain, stool form, and frequency) using diary cards, daily functional status (Sickness Impact Profile), depression (HAM-D), and psychological distress (SCL-90), physiological measures (enhanced rectal ..
- IMPROVING PHYSICIAN MANAGEMENT OF ALCOHOL DISORDERSDAVID BUCHSBAUM; Fiscal Year: 1992..Duration of symptom free interval on retest with the DIS, quantity of alcohol consumed, functional status as measured by the Sickness Impact Profile, patient health service utilization, and Gamma Glutamyl Transpeptidase enzyme activity.
- INTERVAL TRAINING & CANCER PATIENTS FUNCTIONAL CAPACITYMARY MACVICAR; Fiscal Year: 1990..select mood states (Profile of Mood States -- POMS) and self assessment of sickness-related dysfunction (Sickness Impact Profile -- SIP) in cancer patients on chemotherapy with solid tumors of breast, colon, uterus, ovary and prostate ..
- FICSIT COLLABORATIVE ANALYSESCynthia Mulrow; Fiscal Year: 1993..Functional status will be assessed by interview using the Sickness Impact Profile. Physical status will be assessed by exam using a standardized Neuromuscular Evaluation and Balance, Gait,..
- Proxy Perspective on Quality of Life in Prostate CancerALAN PICKARD; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Health CAT in DiabetesCarolyn Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- VISION DISABILITIES IN LOW VISIONRobert Massof; Fiscal Year: 2007..And, to achieve Aim 4, we will use triadic comparison and willingness-to-pay methods of measuring the values of alternative low vision rehabilitation outcomes. ..
- DISTANCE LEARNING SYSTEM FOR LOW VISION REHABILITATIONRobert Massof; Fiscal Year: 2007..All testing will be done with volunteers recruited from among students taking the online low vision course developed in Phase 1. ..
- Low Vision Rehabilitation Consensus ProjectRobert Massof; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Web-based CBT for Chronic Pain in ChildrenTonya Palermo; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Computerized Adaptive Assessment of Disease ImpactJakob Bjorner; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Computerized Adaptive Assessment of Chronic PainMark Kosinski; Fiscal Year: 2005..During Phase II, possibilities for further improvement and expansion of the item pool and inclusion of additional impact domains will be explored. ..
- 'Costs & Effectiveness of Trauma Care in the Elderly'Ellen Mackenzie; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Acupuncture Treatment for Menopausal Hot FlashesNancy Avis; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Deficit of Awareness in Traumatic Brain InjuryKATHLEEN PAGULAYAN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PREVENTING DEPRESSION IN MACULAR DEGENERATIONBarry Rovner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Although depressive disorder is the primary outcome, we will also assess the impact of PST on levels of disability and vision-related quality of life. ..
- Improving Trauma Outcomes:A Patient Centered ApproachEllen Mackenzie; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable]..
- OUTCOMES FOLLOWING LIMB RECONSTRUCTION VS AMPUTATIONEllen Mackenzie; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, they propose to extend analysis of the 2-year data to address several important clinical and methodological issues. ..
- Exercise, stress, and wound healing among older adultsCHARLES FISKE EMERY; Fiscal Year: 2010..In turn, the results may have- implications for treating older adults who suffer dermal wounds or are recovering from surgery. ..
- Exercise & Health Promotion for MCI: A Controlled TrialLinda Teri; Fiscal Year: 2010..These older adults are at increased risk of developing Alzheimer's disease within 3 years, and delaying or preventing cognitive decline will preserve their ability to live independently and save public health dollars. ..
- Depression and Chronic Pain in MarriageAnnmarie Cano; Fiscal Year: 2007..Participants will also take part in 6- and 12-month follow-ups in which they will complete the same instruments. Participants will be paid upon completion of each phase of the study. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Refining and Standardizing Health Literacy AssessmentElizabeth Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Interdisciplinary Studies to Enhance Long Term SurvivalKAREN LESLIE SYRJALA; Fiscal Year: 2010..While designed for HSCT long term survivors, the symptoms and diseases targeted are germane to survivors of other cancer treatments as well as to the expanding population of HSCT survivors. ..
- Computerized Adaptive Version of the PEDIJOHN WARE; Fiscal Year: 2007..This new disability assessment will fill a critical void with a system that is more practical and precise, programmed to be fully operational on both desktop and hand-held devices. ..
- Functional Health CAT in Chronic Kidney DiseaseJOHN WARE; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Patient-Centered Care Management/Seniors/MultimorbiditiesElizabeth Bayliss; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Expanded Prenatal Testing Options and Informed ChoiceMiriam Kuppermann; Fiscal Year: 2010..In short, this study will generate a useful decision-assisting tool and provide information for use in designing cost-effective testing programs that allow for variation in preferences. ..
- Development of a Functional Health CAT for Managing ObesityJOHN WARE; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Computer-Assisted Cognitive Rehabilitation Intervention for Persons with MSAlexa K Stuifbergen; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study will test a computer-assisted cognitive rehabilitation intervention that is designed to improve both cognitive performance and cognitive competence for functioning in everyday life. ..
- A Decision Aid for Cancer-Surviving AdolescentsPatricia Hollen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Data will be collected during a semistructured interview for the initial and 12-month clinic visits. Generalized linear models will be used for data analyses. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Risks for Opioid Use and Abuse in Contrasting Chronic Pain PopulationsMark Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- HEALTH PROMOTION AND QUALITY OF LIFE IN CHRONIC ILLNESSAlexa Stuifbergen; Fiscal Year: 2009..Longitudinal data will be analyzed with hierarchical linear models (HIM) and structural equation modeling techniques. ..
- Behavioral and Physiological Responses to Race-Related Stress in Diabetic WomenJulie Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gastric Tube Placement in Young ChildrenMarsha Ellett; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results from this study will increase the safety of using gastric tubes in young children. ..
- OUTCOME MEASURES FOR CLINICAL TRIALS IN STRABISMUSJonathan Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately this research will result in better quality of life for patients with strabismus. ..
- Perceived Cognitive function Item Bank for Children Who Undergo Cancer TreatmentJin Shei Lai; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Using the Internet to Improve Patient's Self-Management of Chronic IllnessDeborah Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..The utilization analysis will allow us to identify the incremental benefit of the comprehensive system compared to the secure system and to determine where there greatest savings in overall cost of care is gained. ..
- Intermediate Outcomes of Hysterectomy and AlternativesMiriam Kuppermann; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- A Fatigue Item Bank for Children with CancerJin Shei Lai; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PSYCHOLOGICAL INTERVENTION FOR WOMEN WITH BREAST CANCERBARBARA ANDERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Balancing Hope & Truth-Telling for Patients with Ca/COPDJ Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2005..These strategies will be described and translated into interventions targeting nurses, physicians, and teams who provide care for patients with cancer, COPD, and other life-limiting diseases. ..
- Improving Physician Skill at Providing End-of-Life CareJ Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will allow investigators and others to develop targeted educational and systemic interventions to improve the quality of this care. ..
- IMPROVING QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMES IN ASTHMA PATIENTSCarol Mancuso; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF RETINOPATHY OF PREMATURITYJonathan Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- US VALUATION OF THE EUROQOL EQ-5D HEALTH STATESStephen Coons; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ENHANCING OUTCOME MEASURES IN A MODEL SYSTEMS DATABASERita Bode; Fiscal Year: 2002..Completion of the project will provide fine-tuned measures for use in clinical trials and practice. ..
- ENHANCING LONG TERM SURVIVAL AFTER BMTKaren Syrjala; Fiscal Year: 2002..The BMT setting provides a well standardized environment in which to examine these aims, all of which are applicable both to the ever-increasing numbers of transplantation survivors and to other populations of cancer survivors. ..
- Responsivity of homocysteine to behavioral stressCharles Emery; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ENHANCING RECOVERY FROM BLOOD AND MARROW TRANSPLANTATIONKaren Syrjala; Fiscal Year: 2002..The BMT setting provides a well-standardized environment in which to test interventions that will be applicable to both the ever-increasing numbers of transplantation survivors and other populations of cancer survivors. ..
- Dynamic Assessment of Pediatric Health and FunctioningJOHN WARE; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Health Promotion for Women with FibromyalgiaAlexa Stuifbergen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Hierarchical linear modeling techniques will be used to determine the significance of group by time interactions across the four measurement periods. ..
- CHILDHOOD EPILEPSY-- FACTORS AFFECTING ADAPTATIONJoan Austin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Findings will greatly increase understanding of the natural history of adaptation problems in childhood epilepsy that is needed for effective interventions. ..
- HRQL Impact of Chronic Conditions and Comorbidity BurdenPatrick Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2006..S. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Contact Lens and Dry Eye StudyJason Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term objective of this research is to contribute to a better understanding of the etiology and risk factors for contact lens-related dry eye so that progress can be made toward its prevention. ..
- Improving Affect & Behavior in Assisted Living ResidentsLinda Teri; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, the results of this trial will be used to develop a multi-site effectiveness trial on treatment to reduce affective and behavioral disturbance in AL residents with dementia. ..
- Physical Activity and Quality of Life in Multiple SclerosisRobert Motl; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Caregiver Coping Skills training for Lung CancerFrancis Keefe; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed study rigorously evaluations methods for enhancing the effects of caregiver-assisted coping skills training in cancer patients and their caregivers. ..
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)Anne L Coleman; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Disability in Valued Life Activities in Persons with Rheumatoid ArthritisPatricia Katz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Coping Skills Training for Early Rheumatoid ArthritisFrancis Keefe; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, future studies could examine whether comprehensive CST alters the immune responses of RA patients to daily stressors. ..
- ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, AND NONCARDIAC CHEST PAINFrancis Keefe; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study may lead to major advances in our understanding of non-cardiac chest pain and enlarge our repertoire of methods for effectively treating non-cardiac chest pain. ..
- EPILEPSY OUTCOMES IN YOUTH--NEUROLOGICAL/FAMILY FACTORSJoan Austin; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, we will elaborate the above model by identifying how by exploring whether selected variables serve as mediating (e.g. child responses) or moderating (e.g., intelligence) variables in the model. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also monitor treatment/management changes, and evaluate acceptability of computer assessments and the perceived benefits of the recommendations. ..
- Interaction of abuse, PTSD, depression on men's sex riskWilliam Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2007..From this model, multidimensional HIV risk reduction interventions can be built. ..
- Disability in Valued Life Activities in COPDPatricia Katz; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings from this study will provide information that may help minimize VLA disability and the psychological distress that might result from VLA disability, thereby improving quality of life of persons with COPD. ..
- DEPRESSION AND DISABILITY IN PATIENTS WITH HEART FAILURECarolyn Turvey; Fiscal Year: 2004..Her long-term career goal is to develop interventions that promote healthy aging amongst elders faced with functional decline. ..
- Surveying Men About Abuse, Risk Taking: Phone AssessmentWilliam Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..