Genomes and Genes
severity of illness index
Summary: Levels of severity of illness within a diagnostic group which are established by various measurement criteria.
Publications320 found, 100 shown here
- Systemic lupus erythematosus disease activity index 2000Dafna D Gladman
The University of Toronto Lupus Clinic, Centre for Prognosis Studies in the Rheumatic Diseases, Toronto Western Hospital, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 29:288-91. 2002....
- The PHQ-9: validity of a brief depression severity measureK Kroenke
Regenstrief Institute for Health Care and Department of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:606-13. 2001..While considerable attention has focused on improving the detection of depression, assessment of severity is also important in guiding treatment decisions. Therefore, we examined the validity of a brief, new measure of depression severity...
- Susceptibility to exacerbation in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseJohn R Hurst
Academic Unit of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Free Campus, UCL Medical School, London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 363:1128-38. 2010..In a large observational cohort, we tested the hypothesis that there is a frequent-exacerbation phenotype of COPD that is independent of disease severity...
- The body-mass index, airflow obstruction, dyspnea, and exercise capacity index in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseBartolome R Celli
COPD Center at St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02135, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1005-12. 2004..We hypothesized that a multidimensional grading system that assessed the respiratory and systemic expressions of COPD would better categorize and predict outcome in these patients...
- Treating rheumatoid arthritis to target: recommendations of an international task forceJosef S Smolen
Department of Internal Medicine 3, Division of Rheumatology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Vienna, Austria
Ann Rheum Dis 69:631-7. 2010..Aiming at therapeutic targets has reduced the risk of organ failure in many diseases such as diabetes or hypertension. Such targets have not been defined for rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Global burden of COPD: risk factors, prevalence, and future trendsDavid M Mannino
Department of Preventive Medicine and Environmental Health, University of Kentucky College of Public Health, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Lancet 370:765-73. 2007..The challenge we will all face in the next few years will be implementation of cost-effective prevention and management strategies to stem the tide of this disease and its cost...
- Acute renal failure in critically ill patients: a multinational, multicenter studyShigehiko Uchino
Department of Intensive Care, Austin Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
JAMA 294:813-8. 2005....
- Defining the clinical course of multiple sclerosis: results of an international survey. National Multiple Sclerosis Society (USA) Advisory Committee on Clinical Trials of New Agents in Multiple SclerosisF D Lublin
Department of Neurology, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Neurology 46:907-11. 1996..In this report, we provide a summary of the survey results and propose standardized definitions for the most common clinical courses of patients with MS...
- Defining community acquired pneumonia severity on presentation to hospital: an international derivation and validation studyW S Lim
Respiratory Infection Research Group, Respiratory Medicine, Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Thorax 58:377-82. 2003..A multicentre study was conducted to derive and validate a practical severity assessment model for stratifying adults hospitalised with CAP into different management groups...
- The 16-Item Quick Inventory of Depressive Symptomatology (QIDS), clinician rating (QIDS-C), and self-report (QIDS-SR): a psychometric evaluation in patients with chronic major depressionA John Rush
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9086, USA
Biol Psychiatry 54:573-83. 2003..The QIDS-SR(16) has highly acceptable psychometric properties, which supports the usefulness of this brief rating of depressive symptom severity in both clinical and research settings...
- General considerations for lung function testingM R Miller
University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, UK
Eur Respir J 26:153-61. 2005
- Coronary calcium as a predictor of coronary events in four racial or ethnic groupsRobert Detrano
Department of Radiological Sciences, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
N Engl J Med 358:1336-45. 2008..However, it is not known whether coronary-artery calcium predicts coronary heart disease in other racial or ethnic groups...
- Epidemiology of insomnia: what we know and what we still need to learnMaurice M Ohayon
Sleep Disorders Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Sleep Med Rev 6:97-111. 2002..Future epidemiological studies should focus on the natural evolution of insomnia. Epidemiological genetic links of insomnia are yet to be studied...
- Physical activity in patients with COPDH Watz
Pulmonary Research Institute Hospital Grosshansdorf, Center for Pneumology and Thoracic Surgery, Woehrendamm 80, Grosshansdorf, Germany
Eur Respir J 33:262-72. 2009..Clinical characteristics of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease only incompletely reflect their physical activity...
- 2010 rheumatoid arthritis classification criteria: an American College of Rheumatology/European League Against Rheumatism collaborative initiativeDaniel Aletaha
Arthritis Research UK, Copeman House, Chesterfield, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 69:1580-8. 2010..This work was undertaken to develop new classification criteria for RA...
- Multidrug-resistant Plasmodium vivax associated with severe and fatal malaria: a prospective study in Papua, IndonesiaEmiliana Tjitra
National Institute of Health Research and Development, Ministry of Health, Jakarta, Indonesia
PLoS Med 5:e128. 2008..The aim of the study was to review the spectrum of disease associated with malaria due to Pv and P. falciparum (Pf) in patients presenting to a hospital in Timika, southern Papua, Indonesia...
- A simple noninvasive index can predict both significant fibrosis and cirrhosis in patients with chronic hepatitis CChun Tao Wai
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Hepatology 38:518-26. 2003..Application of this index may decrease the need for staging liver biopsy specimens among CHC patients...
- Restless legs syndrome: diagnostic criteria, special considerations, and epidemiology. A report from the restless legs syndrome diagnosis and epidemiology workshop at the National Institutes of HealthRichard P Allen
Department of Neurology, Sleep Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Asthma and Allergy Building 1B46b, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Sleep Med 4:101-19. 2003..Modification of the criteria is now necessary to better reflect that increased body of knowledge, as well as to clarify slight confusion with the wording of the original criteria...
- Plasmodium vivax and mixed infections are associated with severe malaria in children: a prospective cohort study from Papua New GuineaBlaise Genton
Swiss Tropical Institute, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS Med 5:e127. 2008..A large morbidity surveillance conducted in an area where the four species coexist allowed us to estimate rates of SM among patients infected with one or several species...
- Infections and airway inflammation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease severe exacerbationsAlberto Papi
Research Center on Asthma and COPD, Department of Respiratory Diseases, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Via del Pozzo 71, I 41100 Modena, Italy
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:1114-21. 2006..Severe exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are major causes of health care costs mostly related to hospitalization. The role of infections in COPD exacerbations is controversial...
- Development, validity and responsiveness of the Clinical COPD QuestionnaireThys van der Molen
Department of General Practice, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Health Qual Life Outcomes 1:13. 2003..So far no validated questionnaires are available to measure symptom and functional state in daily clinical practice. The aim of this study was to develop and validate the Clinical COPD Questionnaire (CCQ)...
- The pathophysiology of vivax malariaNicholas M Anstey
International Health Division, Menzies School of Health Research and Charles Darwin University, Darwin 0810, Australia
Trends Parasitol 25:220-7. 2009..In this review, we discuss potential mechanisms underlying the syndromes of uncomplicated and severe vivax malaria, identifying key areas for future research...
- The relationship between reduced lung function and cardiovascular mortality: a population-based study and a systematic review of the literatureDon D Sin
Department of Medicine, Respiratory Division, University of British Columbia, and The James Hogg iCAPTURE Center for Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Research, St Paul s Hospital, Room 368A, 1081 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6, Canada
Chest 127:1952-9. 2005..We sought to determine the relationship between reduced FEV1 and cardiovascular mortality, independent of smoking...
- Proposed international clinical diabetic retinopathy and diabetic macular edema disease severity scalesC P Wilkinson
Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ophthalmology 110:1677-82. 2003....
- Comparison of tocilizumab monotherapy versus methotrexate monotherapy in patients with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis: the AMBITION studyG Jones
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Hobart, TAS 7001, Australia
Ann Rheum Dis 69:88-96. 2010..The anti-interleukin (IL) 6 receptor antibody tocilizumab inhibits signalling of IL6, a key cytokine in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) pathogenesis...
- A comparison of the EQ-5D and SF-6D across seven patient groupsJohn Brazier
Sheffield Health Economics Group, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Health Econ 13:873-84. 2004..Further research is required to fully understand the respective roles of the descriptive systems and the valuation methods and to examine the implications for estimates of the impact of health care interventions...
- Properties of the COPD assessment test in a cross-sectional European studyP W Jones
Division of Clinical Science, St George s University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
Eur Respir J 38:29-35. 2011..8, p<0.0001). The CAT is a simple and easy-to-use questionnaire that distinguishes between patients of different degrees of COPD severity and appears to behave the same way across countries...
- Population-based survey of urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, and other lower urinary tract symptoms in five countries: results of the EPIC studyDebra E Irwin
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, United States
Eur Urol 50:1306-14; discussion 1314-5. 2006..Estimate the prevalence of urinary incontinence (UI), overactive bladder (OAB), and other lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) among men and women in five countries using the 2002 International Continence Society (ICS) definitions...
- Knee pain and osteoarthritis in older adults: a review of community burden and current use of primary health careG Peat
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 60:91-7. 2001..Osteoarthritis is the single most common cause of disability in older adults, and most patients with the condition will be managed in the community and primary care...
- Development of a simple noninvasive index to predict significant fibrosis in patients with HIV/HCV coinfectionRichard K Sterling
Section of Hepatology, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, VA 23298 0341, USA
Hepatology 43:1317-25. 2006..In conclusion, noninvasive tests can accurately predict hepatic fibrosis and may reduce the need for liver biopsy in the majority of HIV/HCV-coinfected patients...
- Prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in China: a large, population-based surveyNanshan Zhong
Guangzhou Institute of Respiratory Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, Guangzhou Medical College, 151 Yanjiang Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510120, China
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:753-60. 2007..The prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in China is largely unknown...
- Arterial calcifications, arterial stiffness, and cardiovascular risk in end-stage renal diseaseJ Blacher
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Broussais, AP HP, Paris, France
Hypertension 38:938-42. 2001..01 for both). The results of this study showed that the presence and extent of vascular calcifications were strong predictors of cardiovascular and all-cause mortality. Carotid incremental elastic modulus gave additional predictive value...
- Initial severity and antidepressant benefits: a meta-analysis of data submitted to the Food and Drug AdministrationIrving Kirsch
Department of Psychology, University of Hull, Hull, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 5:e45. 2008..The purpose of this analysis is to establish the relation of baseline severity and antidepressant efficacy using a relevant dataset of published and unpublished clinical trials...
- Estimation of the total parasite biomass in acute falciparum malaria from plasma PfHRP2Arjen M Dondorp
Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
PLoS Med 2:e204. 2005..P. falciparum releases a specific histidine-rich protein (PfHRP2) into plasma. Quantitative measurement of plasma PfHRP2 concentrations may reflect the total parasite biomass in falciparum malaria...
- Obesity and the metabolic syndrome in children and adolescentsRam Weiss
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
N Engl J Med 350:2362-74. 2004....
- Cytokine profiles as markers of disease severity in sepsis: a multiplex analysisFernando A Bozza
ICU, Instituto de Pesquisa Clinica Evandro Chagas, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Av Brasil 4365, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Crit Care 11:R49. 2007..The aim of the present study was to determine the cytokine profile in plasma of patients with severe sepsis by using a multiplex system for simultaneous detection of 17 cytokines...
- Usefulness and applicability of the revised dengue case classification by disease: multi-centre study in 18 countriesJudit Barniol
Section Clinical Tropical Medicine, Department for Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 324, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 11:106. 2011..The objective of this paper was to compare the two classification systems regarding applicability in clinical practice and surveillance, as well as user-friendliness and acceptance by health staff...
- Multiple Sclerosis Severity Score: using disability and disease duration to rate disease severityR H S R Roxburgh
Neurology Department, Cambridge University, UK
Neurology 64:1144-51. 2005..There is no consensus method for determining progression of disability in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) when each patient has had only a single assessment in the course of the disease...
- Effect of tiotropium on outcomes in patients with moderate chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (UPLIFT): a prespecified subgroup analysis of a randomised controlled trialMarc Decramer
Respiratory Division, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Lancet 374:1171-8. 2009..However, there are few data for treatment in the early stages of the disease. We examined the effect of tiotropium on outcomes in a large subgroup of patients with moderate COPD...
- Induction of proinflammatory cytokines in human macrophages by influenza A (H5N1) viruses: a mechanism for the unusual severity of human disease?C Y Cheung
Department of Microbiology, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, SAR, Hong Kong, China
Lancet 360:1831-7. 2002..The biological basis for the severity of human H5N1 disease has remained unclear. We tested the hypothesis that virus-induced cytokine dysregulation has a role...
- Roflumilast in symptomatic chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: two randomised clinical trialsPeter M A Calverley
School of Clinical Sciences, Liverpool, UK
Lancet 374:685-94. 2009..We therefore investigated whether roflumilast would reduce the frequency of exacerbations requiring corticosteroids in patients with COPD...
- Acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: identification of biologic clusters and their biomarkersMona Bafadhel
Institute for Lung Health, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 184:662-71. 2011..Exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are heterogeneous with respect to inflammation and etiology...
- Evaluation of the traditional and revised WHO classifications of Dengue disease severityFederico Narvaez
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Infantil Manuel de Jesus Rivera, Managua, Nicaragua
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1397. 2011....
- Genome-wide and fine-resolution association analysis of malaria in West AfricaMuminatou Jallow
MRC Laboratories, Fajara, Banjul, Gambia
Nat Genet 41:657-65. 2009....
- Diagnostic performance of coronary angiography by 64-row CTJulie M Miller
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore 21287, USA
N Engl J Med 359:2324-36. 2008..The accuracy of multidetector computed tomographic (CT) angiography involving 64 detectors has not been well established...
- Th1 and Th17 hypercytokinemia as early host response signature in severe pandemic influenzaJesus F Bermejo-Martin
National Centre of Influenza, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
Crit Care 13:R201. 2009..We utilize here systemic cytokine and antibody levels in evaluating differences in early immune response in both mild and severe patients infected with nvH1N1...
- Prediction of risk of death and myocardial infarction in the six months after presentation with acute coronary syndrome: prospective multinational observational study (GRACE)Keith A A Fox
Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4SB
BMJ 333:1091. 2006..To develop a clinical risk prediction tool for estimating the cumulative six month risk of death and death or myocardial infarction to facilitate triage and management of patients with acute coronary syndrome...
- Hyponatremia and mortality among patients on the liver-transplant waiting listW Ray Kim
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1018-26. 2008..Under the current liver-transplantation policy, donor organs are offered to patients with the highest risk of death...
- Performance of transient elastography for the staging of liver fibrosis: a meta-analysisMireen Friedrich-Rust
Department of Internal Medicine I, J W Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt, Germany
Gastroenterology 134:960-74. 2008..A meta-analysis was performed to assess the overall performance of transient elastography for the diagnosis of liver fibrosis and to analyze factors influencing the diagnostic accuracy...
- American College of Rheumatology/European League against Rheumatism provisional definition of remission in rheumatoid arthritis for clinical trialsDavid T Felson
Correspondence to Maarten Boers, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, VU University Medical Center, PK 6Z 165, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 70:404-13. 2011..This work was undertaken to develop such a definition...
- Serial evaluation of the SOFA score to predict outcome in critically ill patientsF L Ferreira
Department of Intensive Care, Erasme University Hospital, Route de Lennik, 808, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
JAMA 286:1754-8. 2001..Evaluation of trends in organ dysfunction in critically ill patients may help predict outcome...
- Viral respiratory infections in hospitalized and community control children in AlaskaRosalyn J Singleton
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, Anchorage, Alaska
J Med Virol 82:1282-90. 2010..Rhinovirus and adenovirus were detected in two-thirds of hospitalized children, but their frequent detection in control children made their role in respiratory hospitalization uncertain...
- Mild cognitive impairmentSerge Gauthier
McGill Center for Studies in Aging, Douglas Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Lancet 367:1262-70. 2006..Other definitions and subtypes of mild cognitive impairment need to be studied as potential prodromes of Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia...
- Definition, epidemiology and natural history of COPDG Viegi
CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Via Trieste 41, 56126, Pisa, Italy
Eur Respir J 30:993-1013. 2007..Smoking prevention and smoking cessation are the most important epidemiological measurements to counteract chronic obstructive pulmonary disease epidemics...
- Efficacy and safety of belimumab in patients with active systemic lupus erythematosus: a randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trialSandra V Navarra
University of Santo Tomas Hospital, Manila, Philippines
Lancet 377:721-31. 2011..The efficacy and safety of the fully human monoclonal antibody belimumab (BLyS-specific inhibitor) was assessed in patients with active systemic lupus erythematosus...
- COPD exacerbations: defining their cause and preventionJadwiga A Wedzicha
Academic Unit of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School University College London, UK
Lancet 370:786-96. 2007....
- Severe Plasmodium vivax malaria exhibits marked inflammatory imbalanceBruno B Andrade
Centro de Pesquisas Gonçalo Moniz CPqGM, Fundação Oswaldo Cruz FIOCRUZ, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Malar J 9:13. 2010..In this report, the inflammatory and immunological status of both mild and severe vivax malaria cases are compared in order to explore immunopathological events in this disease...
- Validation of a modified Early Warning Score in medical admissionsC P Subbe
Department of Medicine, Wrexham Maelor Hospital, Wrexham, UK
QJM 94:521-6. 2001..A clinical pathway could be created, using nurse practitioners and/or critical care physicians, to respond to high scores and intervene with appropriate changes in clinical management...
- Model for end-stage liver disease (MELD) and allocation of donor liversRussell Wiesner
Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gastroenterology 124:91-6. 2003..Our aim was to assess the capability of the Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) score to correctly rank potential liver recipients according to their severity of liver disease and mortality risk on the OPTN liver waiting list...
- Annual change in pulmonary function and clinical phenotype in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseMasaharu Nishimura
First Department of Medicine, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, and Center for Respiratory Diseases, Hokkaido Social Insurance Hospital, N 15 W 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 185:44-52. 2012..Although the rate of annual decline in FEV1 is one of the most important outcome measures in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), little is known about intersubject variability based on clinical phenotypes...
- Sampling variability of liver biopsy in nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseVlad Ratziu
Service d Hepatogastroenterologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 128:1898-906. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess the sampling error of liver biopsy and its impact on the diagnosis and staging of NASH...
- Roflumilast in moderate-to-severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treated with longacting bronchodilators: two randomised clinical trialsLeonardo M Fabbri
University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Lancet 374:695-703. 2009..The effect of roflumilast on lung function in patients with COPD that is moderate to severe who are already being treated with salmeterol or tiotropium was investigated...
- Use of the SOFA score to assess the incidence of organ dysfunction/failure in intensive care units: results of a multicenter, prospective study. Working group on "sepsis-related problems" of the European Society of Intensive Care MedicineJ L Vincent
Department of Intensive Care, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Crit Care Med 26:1793-800. 1998..To evaluate the use of the Sequential Organ Failure Assessment (SOFA) score in assessing the incidence and severity of organ dysfunction in critically ill patients...
- Increased risk of myocardial infarction and stroke following exacerbation of COPDGavin C Donaldson
Academic Unit of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, Rowland Hill Street, London, NW3 2PF, England
Chest 137:1091-7. 2010..The course of COPD is punctuated by exacerbations, which further increase systemic inflammation, but the risk of vascular events in the postexacerbation period has never been defined...
- Physical inactivity in patients with COPD, a controlled multi-center pilot-studyThierry Troosters
Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Respiratory Division, UZ Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Respir Med 104:1005-11. 2010..Studies in moderate COPD are currently scarce. The aim of the present study was to investigate physical activity in daily life in patients with COPD (n=70) and controls (n=30)...
- Validation of the National Institutes of Health consensus definition of bronchopulmonary dysplasiaRichard A Ehrenkranz
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8064, USA
Pediatrics 116:1353-60. 2005..The objective of this study was to determine the predictive validity of the severity-based, consensus definition of BPD...
- Dyspnea is a better predictor of 5-year survival than airway obstruction in patients with COPDKoichi Nishimura
Respiratory Division, Kyoto Katsura Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Chest 121:1434-40. 2002....
- Urine NGAL predicts severity of acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery: a prospective studyMichael Bennett
Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:665-73. 2008..In this study, whether an NGAL immunoassay developed for a standardized clinical platform (ARCHITECT analyzer, Abbott Diagnostics Division, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL) can predict AKI after CPB was tested...
- Ethnic differences in coronary calcification: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)Diane E Bild
Division of Epidemiology and Clinical Applications, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Circulation 111:1313-20. 2005....
- Evaluation of COPD Longitudinally to Identify Predictive Surrogate End-points (ECLIPSE)J Vestbo
Hvidovre Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Hvidovre, Denmark
Eur Respir J 31:869-73. 2008....
- Obstructive and restrictive lung disease and markers of inflammation: data from the Third National Health and Nutrition ExaminationDavid M Mannino
Air Pollution and Respiratory Health Branch, Division of Environmental Hazards and Health Effects, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Med 114:758-62. 2003
- A comparison of vancomycin and metronidazole for the treatment of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea, stratified by disease severityFred A Zar
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612 7323, USA
Clin Infect Dis 45:302-7. 2007..We conducted such a trial, stratifying patients according to disease severity, to investigate whether one agent was superior for treating either mild or severe disease...
- Dengue--how best to classify itAnon Srikiatkhachorn
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Clin Infect Dis 53:563-7. 2011..The 2009 classification differs significantly from the previous classification in both conceptual and practical levels. The impacts of the new classification on clinical practice, dengue research, and public health policy are discussed...
- The progression of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is heterogeneous: the experience of the BODE cohortCiro Casanova
Pulmonary Department, Hospital Universitario La Candelaria, Tenerife, Spain
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 184:1015-21. 2011..Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is thought to result in rapid and progressive loss of lung function usually expressed as mean values for whole cohorts...
- Ankle brachial index combined with Framingham Risk Score to predict cardiovascular events and mortality: a meta-analysisF G R Fowkes
JAMA 300:197-208. 2008..Prediction models to identify healthy individuals at high risk of cardiovascular disease have limited accuracy. A low ankle brachial index (ABI) is an indicator of atherosclerosis and has the potential to improve prediction...
- Further evidence supporting an SEM-based criterion for identifying meaningful intra-individual changes in health-related quality of lifeK W Wyrwich
Saint Louis University School of Public Health, Missouri 63108 3342, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 52:861-73. 1999..The one-SEM criterion should be explored in other health-related quality of life instruments with established MCIDs...
- What does the PANSS mean?Stefan Leucht
Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie der TU München Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaningerstr 22, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Schizophr Res 79:231-8. 2005..g. at least 20% or 50% reduction of the baseline score) are as yet unclear. We therefore compared the PANSS with simultaneous ratings of Clinical Global Impressions (CGI)...
- Risk of severe liver disease in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease with normal aminotransferase levels: a role for insulin resistance and diabetesAnna Ludovica Fracanzani
Department of Internal Medicine, Scientific Institute of Recovery and Cure Foundation IRCCS, Hospital Maggiore Policlinico, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 48:792-8. 2008..07; 95% CI, 1.02-1.14), and diabetes (OR, 1.8; 95% CI, 1.4-2.3) in the overall series, serum ferritin and diabetes in those with increased ALT, and only HOMA-IR (OR, 1.97; 95% CI, 1.2-3.7) in patients with normal ALT...
- The Multiple Sclerosis Impact Scale (MSIS-29): a new patient-based outcome measureJ Hobart
Neurological Outcome Measures Unit, Institute of Neurology, London, UK
Brain 124:962-73. 2001..These results indicate the MSIS-29 is a clinically useful and scientifically sound patient-based outcome measure of the impact of multiple sclerosis suitable for clinical trials and epidemiological studies...
- Time trends and impact of upper and lower gastrointestinal bleeding and perforation in clinical practiceAngel Lanas
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Clinico, Universidad de Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 104:1633-41. 2009....
- Use of mental health services for anxiety, mood, and substance disorders in 17 countries in the WHO world mental health surveysPhilip S Wang
Division of Services and Intervention Research, National Institute of Mental Health, Rockville, MD, USA
Lancet 370:841-50. 2007..We describe mental health care in 17 countries participating in the WHO world mental health (WMH) survey initiative and examine unmet needs for treatment...
- Intergenerational transmission of subthreshold autistic traits in the general populationJohn N Constantino
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:655-60. 2005..Subthreshold autistic social impairments are known to aggregate in the family members of autistic probands; therefore, we conducted this study to examine the intergenerational transmission of such traits in the general population...
- Predictors of relapse following response from a first episode of schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorderD Robinson
Department of Psychiatry, Hillside Hospital, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 56:241-7. 1999..We examined relapse after response to a first episode of schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder...
- A simplified disease activity index for rheumatoid arthritis for use in clinical practiceJ S Smolen
University of Vienna and Lainz Hospital, Austria
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:244-57. 2003..The objective of this study was to verify the usefulness of a simple disease activity index (SDAI) for rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Practice parameters for the indications for polysomnography and related procedures: an update for 2005Clete A Kushida
Stanford University Center of Excellence for Sleep Disorders, Stanford, CA, USA
Sleep 28:499-521. 2005....
- Systematic review of the psychometric properties, interpretability and feasibility of self-report pain intensity measures for use in clinical trials in children and adolescentsJennifer N Stinson
Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ont, Canada
Pain 125:143-57. 2006..Future research is needed to strengthen the measurement of pain in clinical trials with children...
- Validation of the 28-joint Disease Activity Score (DAS28) and European League Against Rheumatism response criteria based on C-reactive protein against disease progression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and comparison with the DAS28 based on erythrG Wells
Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Ottawa, Canada
Ann Rheum Dis 68:954-60. 2009..To validate and compare the definition of the Disease Activity Score 28 based on C-reactive protein (DAS28 (CRP)) to the definition based on erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)...
- The COPD assessment test (CAT): response to pulmonary rehabilitation. A multicentre, prospective studyJames W Dodd
St George s Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
Thorax 66:425-9. 2011..It is not known how the CAT score performs in the context of clinical pulmonary rehabilitation (PR) programmes or what the minimum clinically important difference is...
- Subthreshold depression in adolescence and mental health outcomes in adulthoodDavid M Fergusson
Christchurch Health and Development Study, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Christchurch, New Zealand
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:66-72. 2005..There is increasing interest in the extent to which individuals with subthreshold depression face increased risks of subsequent major depression and other disorders...
- The WHO dengue classification and case definitions: time for a reassessmentJacqueline L Deen
International Vaccine Institute, Kwanak PO Box 14, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Lancet 368:170-3. 2006
- Prevalence of kidney damage in Australian adults: The AusDiab kidney studySteven J Chadban
Department of Nephrology, Monash Medical Centre, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:S131-8. 2003..Identifying and targeting this section of the population may provide a means to reduce the burden of ESRD...
- Worldwide severity and control of asthma in children and adults: the global asthma insights and reality surveysKlaus F Rabe
Department of Pulmonology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:40-7. 2004..In 1995, the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) guidelines recommended goals for the management of asthma, which were updated in 2002. However, there are no recent international surveys on the real management of asthma...
- Comparison of clinical severity score indices for Clostridium difficile infectionShigeki Fujitani
Division of Infectious Diseases, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:220-8. 2011..To compare 8 severity score indices for Clostridium difficile infection (CDI)...
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbations in the COPDGene study: associated radiologic phenotypesMeiLan K Han
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Radiology 261:274-82. 2011....
- Strategies of muscle training in very severe COPD patientsI Vogiatzis
Department of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Eur Respir J 38:971-5. 2011....
- No health without mental healthMartin Prince
King s College London, Centre for Public Mental Health, Health Service and Population Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Lancet 370:859-77. 2007..Mental health awareness needs to be integrated into all aspects of health and social policy, health-system planning, and delivery of primary and secondary general health care...
- Intensive care adult patients with severe respiratory failure caused by Influenza A (H1N1)v in SpainJordi Rello
Critical Care Department, Joan XXIII University Hospital, CIBERes Enfermedades Respiratorias, IISPV, Mallafre Guasch 4, 43007 Tarragona, Spain
Crit Care 13:R148. 2009..We describe the clinical and epidemiologic characteristics of the first 32 persons reported to be admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) due to influenza A (H1N1)v infection in Spain...
- Practice guidelines in acute pancreatitisPeter A Banks
Division of Gastroenterology, Center for Pancreatic Disease, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:2379-400. 2006
- Plasma IP-10, apoptotic and angiogenic factors associated with fatal cerebral malaria in IndiaVidhan Jain
National Institute of Malaria Research ICMR, Jabalpur, India
Malar J 7:83. 2008....
- Prevalence, treatment, and associated disability of mental disorders in four provinces in China during 2001-05: an epidemiological surveyMichael R Phillips
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Suicide Prevention, Beijing Hui Long Guan Hospital, Beijing, China
Lancet 373:2041-53. 2009..We therefore estimated these variables from a series of epidemiological studies that were done in four provinces in China...
- Severe Plasmodium vivax malaria: a report on serial cases from Bikaner in northwestern IndiaDhanpat K Kochar
Department of Medicine, S P Medical College, Bikaner, Rajasthan, India
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:194-8. 2009..5%) patients, and multi-organ dysfunction was detected in 19 (47.5%) patients. Further large-scale multicentric epidemiologic studies are needed to define the basic pathology of this less known entity...
Research Grants102 found, 100 shown here
- PRIDE: Program to Reduce Incontinence by Diet & ExerciseRena Wing; Fiscal Year: 2007..If effective in womenwith incontinence, the methods and strategies of this innovative motivationally-focusedmaintenance intervention can beexamined n other obese populations. ..
- TeleCare Management of Pain and Depression in CancerKurt Kroenke; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, if proven effective for depression and pain, TCM could readily be expanded to reducing barriers and improving care of other cancer-related symptoms. ..
- Mechanisms for Hormone-Dependent NF-kB ActivationAllan Brasier; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will identify new therapeutic targets that can disrupt the vicious cycle of inflammation and atherosclerosis. ..
- REGULATION OF CYTOKINE GENES IN MUCOSAL VIRAL INFECTIONAllan Brasier; Fiscal Year: 2006..Expression of dominant-negative NF-KB and CBP/p300 coactivators will be used to determine their effect on coactivator recruitment. These studies will identify signaling mechanisms and protein interactions in viral-induced inflammation. ..
- Genetics of Asthma Severity and Lung Function DeclineNadia Hansel; Fiscal Year: 2008..Hansel new knowledge, skills and collaborative relationships necessary to successfully apply for funding as an independent investigator during the fourth year of this award. ..
- TRIPTORELIN FOR OVARY PROTECTION IN CHILDHOOD LIPUSHermine Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- GROUP CBT FOR DEPRESSION AND AOD DISORDERSKatherine Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2008..At the end of this pilot, we will have a manualized intervention, sufficient data to estimate the intervention effect size, and a well-described process for involving providers and clients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Understanding the Impact of Multiple Symptoms: A Symptom Burden ConsortiumCharles Cleeland; Fiscal Year: 2006..The document will be a collaborative effort among consortium participants, and will be submitted to a leading scientific peer-reviewed journal. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BEHAVIORAL TREATMENT OF MENOPAUSAL HOT FLASHESRobert Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- GROUP CBT FOR DEPRESSION IN CLIENTS WITH AOD DISORDERSKatherine Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms and Treatment of Cancer-Related Symptoms ConfCharles Cleeland; Fiscal Year: 2005..The conference should also be of interest to pharmaceutical companies that are developing "pipeline" drugs for symptom control and supportive care. ..
- Mental Practice Dosing and Mechanisms in StrokeStephen Page; Fiscal Year: 2006..Identification of MP mechanisms of action and optimal dosing is fundamental to cost-effective, appropriate implementation of this promising, CAM, mind-body technique, and will enable a subsequent MP clinical trial. ..
- Sleep Disturbance in MenopauseRobert Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2006..In Study 5, we will determine the effects of elevated sympathetic activation on HFs and sleep using a stimulus that does not, by itself, disrupt sleep (orthostasis). ..
- Pramipexole in Treatment-Resistant DepressionRoy Perlis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed investigation and training program will provide critical skills, experience and data to aid the candidate in writing an R01 and becoming an independent investigator. ..
- Genetics of Suscptibility to Anthrax Toxin in vivoCory Teuscher; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- NALTREXONE AND CBT FOR PATIENTS WITH ALCOHOLISM AND PTSDEdna Foa; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore the findings from this study will be highly credible and should impact significantly on treatment recommendations for this impaired population. ..
- How Health Insurance Status Affects Persons with DisabilitiesLisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2007..This goal addresses the objectives of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, which has identified persons with disabilities as one of its priority populations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Early-Stage Breast Cancer Treatment Decisions by Women with Physical DisabilitiesLisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our findings will help begin educating patients and physicians and could perhaps improve breast cancer care for women with physical disabilities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antidepressant & CBT for Insomnia to Depression OutcomeRachel Manber; Fiscal Year: 2006..The findings from the proposed pilot study will inform the design of a subsequent full-scale randomized controlled trial. ..
- Cancer Care and Outcomes for Disabled Medicare PatientsLisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2006..These findings may suggest areas where more attention is needed, such as increasing cancer screening among disabled Medicare recipients or rethinking initial treatment strategies. ..
- Opioid Prescribing Patterns in the U.S.Mark Pletcher; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pleasant Events and Moods: A Time-Series AnalysisBrent Mausbach; Fiscal Year: 2006..The remaining participants will receive no feedback. All participants will receive a one-month follow-up to determine if those receiving detailed feedback experience fewer negative emotions and more positive emotions. ..
- Revision of ACR Classification Criteria for Systemic Lupus ErythematosusMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will lead to updated, validated SLE classification criteria that can be immediately used by both industry and academic clinical trials. ..
- Brain ConnectionsMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT OF DEPRESSION DURING PREGNANCYRachel Manber; Fiscal Year: 2006..Other important measures include the Beck Depression Inventory (weekly), expectations (of the participants and the providers), and delivery and infant measures. ..
- Treating Addiction to Sleep MedicationKenneth Lichstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project fits within the guidelines of a Stage II clinical trial according to the Behavioral Therapies Development Program of the National Institute on Drug Abuse. ..
- Efficacy of a Health Intervention for People with Intellectual DisabilitiesWilli Horner Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A BRIEF ALCOHOL INTERVENTION FOR INCARCERATED WOMENMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2007..If effective, this brief alcohol intervention can be readily integrated into existing programs for incarcerated women who will soon be reintegrating into the community. ..
- INSOMNIA AND DRUG RELAPSE RISKMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our research team is highly experienced in drug research, sleep disorders, and clinical trials in substance abusing populations. ..
- Impact of Endocrine Aging on Brain and Immune ResponsesFarida Sohrabji; Fiscal Year: 2010..Collectively, these studies will test the hypothesis that in order for estrogen replacement to be beneficial, therapy must be initiated before compensatory responses to ovarian decline. ..
- Treating Adolescents with CSA-Related PTSDEdna B Foa; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Bipolar II Depression: Lithium, SSRI, or the CombinationTrisha Suppes; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also hypothesize that the frequency of side effects will be significantly less in patients on SSRI monotherapy. Thus, secondary aims include assessment of patient satisfaction, which may affect compliance in the clinical setting. ..
- Sex Chromosomes in Fetal Programming and Susceptibility to EAECory Teuscher; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Th2 effects on eicosanoid pathways: implications for altered innate responses inSally E Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2010..These three aims should provide new insights into how relationships between innate and adaptive/allergic immune responses influence inflammatory/repair, and finally clinical outcomes in chronic and acute asthma. ..
- Cytoskeletal-Based Survival Pathways in MyocardiumRichard Vander Heide; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Inflammation of Myofibroblasts and Loss of Elastic Recoil in Severe AsthmaSally E Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Completing these aims should lead to an improved understanding of the contribution of inflammation and injury repair in the small airways/alveoli to the development of severe asthma. These findings may improve therapy as well. ..
- Impact on Reproductive Aging on Neural-Immune ResponsesFarida Sohrabji; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will measure inflammatory mediators in peripheral organs (liver) and specific brain regions, leukocyte trafficking in the brain due to this systemic insult and neuronal cell death. ..
- Antidepressants During Office-based BuprenorphineMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..The focus of this study, the evaluation of combinations of medications, to treat substance-related disorders, fits squarely within the emphasis of this RFA. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vascular and Inflammatory Predictors of MCI Risk and ProgressionROSEBUD ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The K01 award will culminate in an R01 application that will pave the way for the candidate to become an independent investigator in MCI and AD research. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Perinatal Depression on PTD and LBWKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2008..Further, if we determine antidepressants increase the risk of adverse perinatal outcomes, treatment with psychotherapy rather than antidepressants should be considered when recommending therapeutic options. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Susceptibilty and Resistance Loci in Mouse EAECory Teuscher; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Collaterals in Aging: Enhanced by Genetic/Cell Therapy?Stephen Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..If this novel strategy is validated, the results will be of immense value in developing individualized therapies for improving collateral flow clinically, a goal that has to date proven elusive. ..
- Psychosocial Res. to Improve Drug Treatment in PregnancyKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Brief Marijuana Intervention for Adolescent WomenMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..If effective, this brief marijuana intervention can be readily integrated into existing women's primary care sites. ..
- AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE AND NEONATAL TOLERANCECory Teuscher; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Transforming PCI Informed Consent into an Evidence-based Decision-making ToolJohn A Spertus; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will then estimate the cost-savings associated with more rational BAT use to test the hypothesis that PRISM will improve the cost-effectiveness of PCI. ..
- Serum Protemic Patterns Associated With AtherosclerosisMark Pletcher; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Sepsis and Critical Illness in Babies > 34 Weeks GestationGABRIEL ESCOBAR; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANTIDEPRESSANT TREATMENT TO REDUCE HIV RISK AMONG IDUSMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- ANXIETY, DISINHIBITION, AND RISK FOR DRUG ABUSEKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2003..phenotypic indices of vulnerability using combinations of clinical and psychophysiological measures. ..
- MAINTAINING HIV RISK REDUCTION AMONG NEEDLE EXCHANGERSMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our results will have policy implications for needle exchange programs where many IDUs have initiated HIV risk reduction. ..
- HEPATITIS C IN CHILDHOOD CANCER SURVIVORSMelissa Hudson; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- DETECTION AND TREATMENT OF POSTPARTUM DEPRESSIONKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- IMMUNOREGULATORY LOCI IN ORGAN SPECIFIC AUTOIMMUNITYCory Teuscher; Fiscal Year: 2001..D2Orch3CT3 recombinant congenic mice to narrow down the support interval encoding the locus to a size amenable to positional cloning (less than 1 cM), and 2) construct a yeast artificial chromosome (YAC) contig encompassing Orch3. ..
- Treating PMS/PMDD--Research versus Clinical RealityKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- A TRIAL TO REDUCE HEPATITIS C AMONG INJECTION DRUG USERSMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Polymorphisms Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaROSEBUD ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2004..This community-based cohort study should provide insights that should improve our understanding of the genetic control of hormonal mechanisms in the pathogenesis of BPH. ..
- TGF-BETA AND MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASES IN AIRWAY REPAIRSally Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Adapting to HIV Disease--A Family InterventionMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2004..Given the significance of families in the AIDS epidemic, it is important to study as well as support families and patients to optimize care of those affected by HIV disease. ..
- TREATMENT OF HYPNOTIC DEPENDENCE IN OLDER ADULTSKenneth Lichstein; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURYRichard Vander Heide; Fiscal Year: 2001..Experimental design will include morphologic, biochemical, and pharmacologic assessment of isolated myocytes subjected to myocardial ischemia. ..
- RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BIO. AND PSYCH. CORRELATES OF PTSDEdna Foa; Fiscal Year: 2005..The resolution of these questions has important implications for understanding the pathophysiology of PTSD, and may provide insight into the mechanisms associated with successful psychological treatment for this disorder. ..
- ASSESSING THE PERFORMANCE OF ALTERNATIVE RISK ADJUSTERSLisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: QUALITY OF CARE/SERVICE USELisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2001..Given that roughly 49 million Americans have a disabling condition, addressing concerns about their quality of care is essential. ..
- TWO X-LINKED GENES THAT REGULATE MINERAL HOMEOSTASISMichael Whyte; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Smoking Cessation Among Methadone Maintained PatientsMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2005..A3. To test the effects of the treatments on methadone treatment outcomes including methadone dose changes and continued use of illicit drugs, as measured by urine toxicologies. ..
- BIENESTAR: A SCHOOL BASED DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAMROBERTO TREVINO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Biological outcomes will fasting capillary glucose levels. Ultimately, we would like to delay or prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Mechanisms and Neural Consequences of Estrogen ActionFarida Sohrabji; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, identifying hormone-stimulated pathways that initiate cell-degenerative events will be increasingly important to the development of target and receptor specific estrogenic compounds. ..
- How Access Affects Outcomes of Rehabilitation ServicesLisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary outcome of the proposed study will be an assessment of the association of PT and OT, as routinely practiced nationwide and important outcomes of care. ..
- FLUOXETINE & COGNITIVE BEHAVIOR THERAPY IN SOCIAL PHOBIAEdna Foa; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- HOW MUCH DOES SHE REALLY DRINK? AN HMO INTERVENTIONGABRIEL ESCOBAR; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NEURODEVELOPMENTAL INSULTS AND SCHIZOPHRENIARUSSELL POLAND; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of the proposed studies should provide basic information on potential links between the neurodevelopmental abnormalities and anomalies in adult neurochemistry defined by 1H MRS in schizophrenia. ..
- Promoting Healthy Aging through "Elder-Healer" TrainingWilliam Collinge; Fiscal Year: 2004..The goal is an educational program that is evidence-based, inspirational, and accessible to the growing mass market of elders seeking meaning and connection through service. ..
- A CAREGIVER INTERVENTION TO IMPROVE HOSPICE OUTCOMESSusan McMillan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Quantitative data will be analyzed using repeated measures multivariate analysis of variance and structural equation modeling. ..
- A Randomized Trial in Liaison Psychiatry in Primary CareWayne J Katon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Secondary process and outcome measures will include functional disability, adherence to prescribed medications and disease self-management behaviors (i.e. physical activity and nutrition). ..
- Role of ASIC3 in the etiology of fibromyalgiaKathleen A Sluka; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies could lead to peripherally based therapeutic approaches to control pain without undesirable CMS (central nervous system) side effects, including gene therapy. ..
- Development of limited contact CBT treatment for IBSJEFFREY LACKNER; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- URBAN TRAUMA--HEALTH SERVICES AND EFFECTIVENESS TRIALSDouglas Zatzick; Fiscal Year: 2002..The award provide support for ongoing development as an investigator, clinical, and educator so that the applicant may ultimately become a productive clinical- scientist in an academic department of psychiatry. ..
- ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITHENRY BALFOUR; Fiscal Year: 2008..The Iowa subunit has expertise in detection of hepatitis C and will be collaborating in studies of the pathogenesis of coinfection with HIV and hepatitis C. ..
- HIV Related Stigma among Service Providers in ChinaLi Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..These data will prepare the team to conduct a randomized controlled trial across different levels of health care providers in China. ..
- Melatonin Randomized Trial in Insomnia in the ElderlyNalaka Gooneratne; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Prevention of Postpartum Weight RetentionRena Wing; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Physical Activity and Quality of Life in Multiple SclerosisRobert Motl; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epidemiology of Bathing Disability in Elderly PersonsThomas Gill; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Norepinephrine and ImpulsivityAlan Swann; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of these experiments may suggest means for monitoring risk for impulsive behavior and for a rational treatment schema for impulsivity. ..
- MENTAL DISORDERS AS RISK FACTORS FOR SUBSTANCE DISORDERSRonald Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ROLE OF MELATONIN IN SECONDARY INSOMNIA IN THE ELDERLYNalaka Gooneratne; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- SHOCK TRIAL: LONG-TERM SURVIVAL AND STATISTICAL SUPPORTLynn Sleeper; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CLINICAL INVESTIGATOR TRAINING ENHANCEMENT: CITE PROGRAMKurt Kroenke; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- EFFECT OF HEART DISEASE EDUCATION ON OLDER WOMENNoreen Clark; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- BEHAVIOR THERAPY FOR CHILDHOOD OCDJohn Piacentini; Fiscal Year: 2002..The impact of baseline functioning, including family context, and initial change over time on treatment outcome will also be systematically evaluated. ..
- A PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF RISK OF MORTALITY AFTER SCIJames Krause; Fiscal Year: 2002..Risk profiles will be generated to identify individuals at greatest risk for early mortality. Separate analyses and risk profiles will be generated based on injury severity, gender and race/ethnicity. ..
- Screening for comorbidity in substance abuse clinicsCarlos Blanco; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- SECONDARY PREVENTION TRIAL OF VENOUS THROMBOSISPaul Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Advancing the Treatment of Fecal & Urinary IncontinenceWilliam Whitehead; Fiscal Year: 2003..The conference is scheduled to take place November 3-5, 2002, in Milwaukee, and half of the invitees have accepted invitations to speak. ..
- EXERCISE FOR ELDERLY PERIPHERAL REVASCULARIZED PATIENTSAndrew Gardner; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- LEVODOPA PHARMACOKINETICS AND PHARMACODYNAMICSJohn Nutt; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..