Genomes and Genes
health status indicators
Summary: The measurement of the health status for a given population using a variety of indices, including morbidity, mortality, and available health resources.
Publications277 found, 100 shown here
- Self-rated health and mortality: a review of twenty-seven community studiesE L Idler
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick 08903, USA
J Health Soc Behav 38:21-37. 1997..predictor of mortality in nearly all of the studies, despite the inclusion of numerous specific health status indicators and other relevant covariates known to predict mortality...
- Development and first validation of the COPD Assessment TestP W Jones
St George s University of London, UK
Eur Respir J 34:648-54. 2009..It has good measurement properties, is sensitive to differences in state and should provide a valid, reliable and standardised measure of COPD health status with worldwide relevance...
- The estimation of a preference-based measure of health from the SF-12John E Brazier
Health Economics and Decision Science Group, School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Med Care 42:851-9. 2004..It has become widely used in clinical trials and routine outcome assessment because of its brevity and psychometric performance, but it cannot be used in economic evaluation in its current form...
- Translation, validation, and norming of the Dutch language version of the SF-36 Health Survey in community and chronic disease populationsN K Aaronson
Division of Psychosocial Research and Epidemiology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
J Clin Epidemiol 51:1055-68. 1998..On-going studies will generate data on the responsiveness of the SF-36 to within-group changes in health over time. Efforts are underway to translate and validate the questionnaire for use among ethnic minority groups in the Netherlands...
- The PedsQL 4.0 as a pediatric population health measure: feasibility, reliability, and validityJames W Varni
Department of Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning, College of Architecture and the Department of Pediatrics, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Ambul Pediatr 3:329-41. 2003....
- A standard procedure for creating a frailty indexSamuel D Searle
Geriatric Medicine Research Unit, Dalhousie University and Capital District Health Authority, Halifax, Canada
BMC Geriatr 8:24. 2008..A frailty index can be developed from most ageing databases. Our objective is to systematically describe a standard procedure for constructing a frailty index...
- Comparison of the minimally important difference for two health state utility measures: EQ-5D and SF-6DStephen J Walters
Health Economics and Decision Science, School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, UK
Qual Life Res 14:1523-32. 2005..Empirical work is required to determine what the smallest change is in utility scores that can be regarded as important and whether this change in utility value is constant across measures and conditions...
- Risk factors for functional status decline in community-living elderly people: a systematic literature reviewA E Stuck
Department of Geriatrics and Rehabilitation, Zieglerspital, Bern, Switzerland
Soc Sci Med 48:445-69. 1999..This review will help investigators set priorities for future research of the Disablement Process, plan health and social services for elderly persons and develop more cost-effective programs for preventing disability among them...
- Swedish population health-related quality of life results using the EQ-5DK Burstrom
Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Qual Life Res 10:621-35. 2001..0001). In conclusion, our results show that the HRQoL varies greatly between socio-economic and disease groups. Furthermore, after controlling for age, sex and disease, HRQoL is lower in manual than in non-manual groups...
- Health: perception versus observationAmartya Sen
BMJ 324:860-1. 2002
- Investigating neighborhood and area effects on healthA V Diez Roux
Division of General Medicine, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, NewYork City, USA
Am J Public Health 91:1783-9. 2001..analyses...
- ICF linking rules: an update based on lessons learnedAlarcos Cieza
ICF Research Branch, WHO FIC CC DIMDI, Institute for Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
J Rehabil Med 37:212-8. 2005..The objective of this paper is to provide an updated version of the linking rules published in 2002 and illustrate how these rules are applied to link technical and clinical measures, health-status measures and interventions to the ICF...
- Further evidence supporting an SEM-based criterion for identifying meaningful intra-individual changes in health-related quality of lifeK W Wyrwich
Saint Louis University School of Public Health, Missouri 63108 3342, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 52:861-73. 1999..The one-SEM criterion should be explored in other health-related quality of life instruments with established MCIDs...
- Common comorbidity scales were similar in their ability to predict health care costs and mortalityAnthony J Perkins
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, 1050 Wishard Boulevard, RG6, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:1040-8. 2004....
- Self-reported health status of the general adult U.S. population as assessed by the EQ-5D and Health Utilities IndexNan Luo
QualityMetric Incorporated, Lincoln, RI, USA
Med Care 43:1078-86. 2005..This study aimed to describe the self-reported health status of the general adult U.S. population using 3 multi-attribute preference-based measures: the EQ-5D, Health Utilities Index Mark 2 (HUI2), and Mark 3 (HUI3)...
- Determining clinically important differences in health status measures: a general approach with illustration to the Health Utilities Index Mark IIG Samsa
Center for Clinical Health Policy Research, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 15:141-55. 1999..This makes interpretation of HR-QOL results from clinical trials difficult, and having a benchmarking process which is relatively straightforward would be highly desirable...
- Interpreting thresholds for a clinically significant change in health status in asthma and COPDP W Jones
St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Eur Respir J 19:398-404. 2002..Finally, an attempt is made to translate these thresholds into scenarios that illustrate what a clinically significant change with treatment may mean to an individual patient...
- Literature review of methods to translate health-related quality of life questionnaires for use in multinational clinical trialsCatherine Acquadro
Mapi Research Trust, Lyon, France
Value Health 11:509-21. 2008..Our main objective was to answer two questions: What do the methods have in common (and how do they differ)? Is there evidence of the superiority of one method over another?..
- Health-related quality-of-life assessments and patient-physician communication: a randomized controlled trialSymone B Detmar
Division of Psychosocial Research and Epidemiology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
JAMA 288:3027-34. 2002..There has been increasing interest in the use of health-related quality-of-life (HRQL) assessments in daily clinical practice, yet few empirical studies have been conducted to evaluate the usefulness of such assessments...
- Interpreting SF-36 summary health measures: a responseJ E Ware
Quality Metric, Inc, Lincoln, RI 02865, USA
Qual Life Res 10:405-13; discussion 415-20. 2001..sf-36.com/test...
- Is the standard SF-12 health survey valid and equivalent for a Chinese population?Cindy L K Lam
University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
Qual Life Res 14:539-47. 2005..Chinese is the world's largest ethnic group but few health-related quality of life (HRQoL) measures have been tested on them. The aim of this study was to determine if the standard SF-12 was valid and equivalent for a Chinese population...
- Health status measurement in COPD: the minimal clinically important difference of the clinical COPD questionnaireJ W H Kocks
Department of General Practice University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
Respir Res 7:62. 2006..This study aimed to identify the MCID for the clinical COPD questionnaire (CCQ) in terms of patient referencing, criterion referencing, and by the standard error of measurement (SEM)...
- Health-related quality of life of overweight and obese childrenJoanne Williams
Centre for Community Child Health, Royal Children s Hospital and Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
JAMA 293:70-6. 2005..The negative effects of childhood overweight and obesity on quality of life (QOL) have been shown in clinical samples but not yet in population-based community samples...
- Physical activity level and health-related quality of life in the general adult population: a systematic reviewRaphael Bize
Centre for Health Promotion Studies, School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Prev Med 45:401-15. 2007..Little is known regarding health-related quality of life and its relation with physical activity level in the general population. Our primary objective was to systematically review data examining this relationship...
- Global Perceived Effect scales provided reliable assessments of health transition in people with musculoskeletal disorders, but ratings are strongly influenced by current statusSteven J Kamper
The George Institute, University of Sydney, PO Box M201 Missenden Rd, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
J Clin Epidemiol 63:760-766.e1. 2010..The study investigated the test-retest reliability and construct validity of the Global Perceived Effect (GPE) scale in patients with musculoskeletal disorders...
- The COSMIN checklist for evaluating the methodological quality of studies on measurement properties: a clarification of its contentLidwine B Mokkink
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and the EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Med Res Methodol 10:22. 2010..In this paper, we explain our choices for the design requirements and preferred statistical methods for which no evidence is available in the literature or on which the Delphi panel members had substantial discussion...
- How to measure comorbidity. a critical review of available methodsVincent de Groot
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, VU University Medical Center, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 56:221-9. 2003..For the other indexes, insufficient data on the clinimetric properties are available...
- Protocol of the COSMIN study: COnsensus-based Standards for the selection of health Measurement INstrumentsL B Mokkink
Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:2. 2006..The COSMIN standards will be made available in the form of an easily applicable checklist...
- Measuring social capital within health surveys: key issuesTrudy Harpham
South Bank University, London, UK
Health Policy Plan 17:106-11. 2002....
- Measuring well-being rather than the absence of distress symptoms: a comparison of the SF-36 Mental Health subscale and the WHO-Five Well-Being ScalePer Bech
Psychiatric Research Unit, Frederiksborg General Hospital, Hillerod, Denmark
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 12:85-91. 2003..In conclusion, the WHO-Five, which measures psychological well-being, reflects aspects other than just the absence of depressive symptoms...
- Population health status in China: EQ-5D results, by age, sex and socio-economic status, from the National Health Services Survey 2008Sun Sun
Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics, Medical Management Centre, Karolinska Institutet, Nobels väg 15a, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Qual Life Res 20:309-20. 2011..To measure and analyse national EQ-5D data and to provide norms for the Chinese general population by age, sex, educational level, income and employment status...
- The PedsQL 4.0 Generic Core Scales: sensitivity, responsiveness, and impact on clinical decision-makingJames W Varni
Center for Child Health Outcomes, Children s Hospital and Health Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, USA
J Behav Med 25:175-93. 2002..In the pediatric rheumatology clinic setting, the PedsQL demonstrated an impact on clinical decision-making, resulting in subsequent increases in HRQOL...
- Canadian normative data for the SF-36 health survey. Canadian Multicentre Osteoporosis Study Research GroupW M Hopman
MacKenzie Health Services Research Group, Queen s University, Kingston, Ont
CMAJ 163:265-71. 2000..Published norms for the SF-36 exist for other countries but have not been previously published for Canada...
- Socioeconomic status and health: what we know and what we don'tN E Adler
Health Psychology Program, Center for Health and Community, University of California, SF 94143 0844, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 896:3-15. 1999....
- Feasibility, reliability, and validity of the EQ-5D-Y: results from a multinational studyUlrike Ravens-Sieberer
Department of Psychosomatics in Children and Adolescents, Research Unit Child Public Health, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Qual Life Res 19:887-97. 2010..To examine the feasibility, reliability, and validity of the newly developed EQ-5D-Y...
- The Functional Assessment of Chronic Illness Therapy (FACIT) Measurement System: properties, applications, and interpretationKimberly Webster
Center on Outcomes, Research and Education, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston, Illinois, United States
Health Qual Life Outcomes 1:79. 2003..Available scoring, normative data and information on meaningful change now allow one to interpret results in the context of a growing literature base...
- Self-rated health within the Canadian immigrant population: risk and the healthy immigrant effectK Bruce Newbold
School of Geography and Geology, McMaster University, 1280 Main St West, Hamilton, Ont, L8S 4K1, Canada
Soc Sci Med 60:1359-70. 2005..However, results from the proportional hazards model indicated that the native-born were at lower risk to transition to poor health...
- The socioeconomic status of older adults: how should we measure it in studies of health inequalities?E Grundy
Centre for Population Studies, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 55:895-904. 2001..To identify which of seven indicators of socioeconomic status used singly or combined with one other would be most useful in studies of health inequalities in the older population...
- Early warning indicators for population-based monitoring of HIV drug resistance in 6 African countriesKim C E Sigaloff
PharmAccess Foundation, Department of Global Health, Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 54:S294-9. 2012..Additionally, data suggest an advantage of medication possession ratio over on-time antiretroviral drug pickup in identifying patients at risk for HIVDR development...
- Linking clinical relevance and statistical significance in evaluating intra-individual changes in health-related quality of lifeK W Wyrwich
Saint Louis University School of Public Health, MO 63108 3342, USA
Med Care 37:469-78. 1999..To compare the standard error of measurement (SEM) with established standards for clinically relevant intra-individual change in an evaluation of health-related quality of life...
- The reliability of the Minimum European Health ModuleBianca Cox
Unit of Epidemiology, Scientific Institute of Public Health, J Wytsmanstraat 14, 1050, Brussels, Belgium
Int J Public Health 54:55-60. 2009..The objective of this paper is to evaluate the reliability of the MEHM...
- Predicting mortality and healthcare utilization with a single questionKaren B DeSalvo
Section of General Internal Medicine, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Health Serv Res 40:1234-46. 2005..We compared single- and multi-item measures of general self-rated health (GSRH) to predict mortality and clinical events a large population of veteran patients...
- A national catalog of preference-based scores for chronic conditions in the United StatesPatrick W Sullivan
University of Colorado School of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research Program, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Med Care 43:736-49. 2005....
- The PedsQL: measurement model for the pediatric quality of life inventoryJ W Varni
Children s Hospital and Health Center and the Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, 92123, USA
Med Care 37:126-39. 1999..A practical, validated generic measure of HRQOL facilitates assessing risk, tracking health status, and measuring treatment outcomes in pediatric populations...
- Cumulative index of health disorders as an indicator of aging-associated processes in the elderly: results from analyses of the National Long Term Care SurveyA Kulminski
Center for Demographic Studies, Duke University, 2117 Campus Drive, Box 90408, Durham, NC 27708, United States
Mech Ageing Dev 128:250-8. 2007....
- Counting the dead and what they died from: an assessment of the global status of cause of death dataColin D Mathers
Evidence and Information for Policy, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 83:171-7. 2005..We sought to assess the current status of global data on death registration and to examine several indicators of data completeness and quality...
- Optimal indicators of socioeconomic status for health researchMary C Daly
Institute for Polict Research, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1151-7. 2002..In this study we examined the relationship between indicators of socioeconomic status (SES) and mortality for a representative sample of individuals...
- The SF-36 summary scales were valid, reliable, and equivalent in a Chinese populationCindy L K Lam
Family Medicine Unit, University of Hong Kong, 3rd Floor, Ap Lei Chau Clinic, 161 Main Street, Ap Lei Chau, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Clin Epidemiol 58:815-22. 2005..To find out whether the SF-36 physical and mental health summary (PCS and MCS) scales are valid and equivalent in the Chinese population in Hong Kong (HK)...
- Socioeconomic conditions, lifestyle factors, and self-rated health among men and women in SwedenAnu Molarius
Västmanland County Council, Department of Community Medicine Västerås, Sweden
Eur J Public Health 17:125-33. 2007..Few studies, however, have investigated the independent effect of material and psychosocial conditions as well as lifestyle factors on self-rated health...
- Estimating an EQ-5D population value set: the case of JapanAki Tsuchiya
School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, UK
Health Econ 11:341-53. 2002..001 for 8 of 12 coefficients; F-test). Thirdly, using alternative models, the predictions are improved so that the local Japanese value set achieves MAE in the order of 0.01...
- Adolescents' perceptions of social status: development and evaluation of a new indicatorE Goodman
Children's Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Pediatrics 108:E31. 2001..Determining how these changes in SSS relate to health and how SSS functions prospectively with regard to health outcomes requires additional research...
- Environmental health indicators of climate change for the United States: findings from the State Environmental Health Indicator CollaborativePaul B English
Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, California Department of Public Health, Richmond, California 94804, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:1673-81. 2009..We researched and developed environmental health indicators for inputs into human health vulnerability assessments for climate change and to propose public health preventative actions...
- Cumulative deficits better characterize susceptibility to death in elderly people than phenotypic frailty: lessons from the Cardiovascular Health StudyAlexander M Kulminski
Center for Population Health and Aging, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:898-903. 2008..To compare how well frailty measures based on a phenotypic frailty approach proposed in the Cardiovascular Health Study (CHS) and a cumulative deficits approach predict mortality...
- Comparison of population health status in six european countries: results of a representative survey using the EQ-5D questionnaireHans Helmut Konig
Health Economics Research Unit, University of Leipzig, Germany
Med Care 47:255-61. 2009..The EQ-5D questionnaire is an instrument for describing and valuing health states...
- What do measures of 'oral health-related quality of life' measure?David Locker
Community Dental Health Services Research Unit, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Canada
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 35:401-11. 2007..Verifying this claim requires further qualitative studies of the outcomes of oral disorders as perceived by patients and persons, and the concurrent use of measures that more explicitly address the issue of quality of life...
- Impact of long-term complications on quality of life in patients with type 2 diabetes not using insulinA Lloyd
Fourth Hurdle Consulting Ltd, 2 Fisher Street, Holborn London WC1R 4QA, UK
Value Health 4:392-400. 2001..The effect of diabetic complications on HRQOL was assessed in 1233 patients with type 2 diabetes who were not using insulin...
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Healthy Days Measures - population tracking of perceived physical and mental health over timeDavid G Moriarty
US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Prevention and Control, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control, Division of Adult and Community Health, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 1:37. 2003..The brief standard CDC HRQOL-4 is now often used in surveys, surveillance systems, prevention research, and population health report cards...
- Quality of life of Australian chronically-ill adults: patient and practice characteristics matterUpali W Jayasinghe
Centre for Primary Health Care and Equity, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:50. 2009....
- Temporal and Geographic variation in the validity and internal consistency of the Nursing Home Resident Assessment Minimum Data Set 2.0Vincent Mor
Department of Community Health and Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Brown University Medical School, Box G S121, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 11:78. 2011..The purpose of this paper is to summarize a series of analyses examining the internal consistency and predictive validity of the MDS data as used in the "real world" in all U.S. nursing homes between 1999 and 2007...
- Health inequalities and the psychosocial environment-two scientific challengesJohannes Siegrist
Department of Medical Sociology, Heinrich Heine Universitat, University of Duesseldorf, Universitaetstrasse 1, P O Box 10 10 07, D 40001, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Soc Sci Med 58:1463-73. 2004..This collaboration was enabled and supported by a European Science Foundation scientific programme on 'Social Variations in Health Expectancy in Europe'...
- Multiattribute and single-attribute utility functions for the health utilities index mark 3 systemDavid Feeny
Institute of Health Economics Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Med Care 40:113-28. 2002..HUI3 consists of eight attributes (or dimensions) of health status: vision, hearing, speech, ambulation, dexterity, emotion, cognition, and pain with 5 or 6 levels per attribute, varying from highly impaired to normal...
- Characteristics, outcomes, and predictors of mortality at 3 months and 1 year in patients hospitalized for acute heart failureVeli Pekka Harjola
Division of Emergency Care, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, PO Box 340, Helsinki 00029 HUS, Finland
Eur J Heart Fail 12:239-48. 2010..Acute heart failure (AHF) has a poor prognosis. We evaluated 3- and 12-month mortality in different clinical classes of AHF patients from 30 European countries who were included in the EuroHeart Failure Survey (EHFS) II...
- Comparing the psychometric properties of the EQ-5D-3L and EQ-5D-5L in cancer patients in KoreaSeon Ha Kim
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 86, Asanbyeongwon gil, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, Korea
Qual Life Res 21:1065-73. 2012..This study was conducted to assess the redistribution properties of the EQ-5D-3L when using the EQ-5D-5L and to compare the validity, informativity, and reliability of both EQ-5D-3L and EQ-5D-5L in Korean cancer patients...
- Health-related quality of life of Southern Chinese with chronic hepatitis B infectionElegance T P Lam
Department of Medicine Family Medicine Unit, The University of Hong Kong, Ap Lei Chau Clinic, Ap Lei Chau, Hong Kong
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:52. 2009..Few studies have evaluated the health-related quality of life (HRQOL) of Southern Chinese with chronic hepatitis B (CHB) infection...
- Temporal predictors of health-related quality of life in elderly people with diabetes: results of a German cohort studyImad Maatouk
Department of General Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, Medical University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e31088. 2012..The aim of the study was to determine predictors that influence health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in a large cohort of elderly diabetes patients from primary care over a follow-up period of five years...
- Place effects on health: how can we conceptualise, operationalise and measure them?Sally Macintyre
MRC Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Soc Sci Med 55:125-39. 2002....
- Responsiveness and clinically important differences for the WOMAC and SF-36 after total knee replacementA Escobar
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital de Basurto, Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 15:273-80. 2007....
- Improvement of maternal Aboriginality in NSW birth dataFenglian Xu
PRERU, University of New South Wales, Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:8. 2012..The Indigenous population of Australia was estimated as 2.5% and under-reported. The aim of this study is to improve statistical ascertainment of Aboriginal women giving birth in New South Wales...
- Health related quality of life of Iranian children with type 1 diabetes: reliability and validity of the Persian version of the PedsQL™ Generic Core Scales and Diabetes ModulePeyman Jafari
Department of Biostatistics, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Health Qual Life Outcomes 9:104. 2011..0 Generic Core Scales and the PedsQL™ 3.0 Diabetes Module...
- True health vs response styles: exploring cross-country differences in self-reported healthHendrik Jürges
Mannheim Research Institute for the Economics of Aging, University of Mannheim, D 68131 Mannheim, Germany
Health Econ 16:163-78. 2007..If differences in reporting styles are taken into account, cross-country variations in general health are reduced but not eliminated. Failing to account for differences in reporting styles may yield misleading results...
- Capabilities and quality of life in Dutch psycho-geriatric nursing homes: an exploratory study using a proxy version of the ICECAP-OPeter Makai
Institute of Health Policy and Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Qual Life Res 21:801-12. 2012..Both nursing staff and family were used as proxies for assessing clients' capabilities...
- Correlates of health-related quality of life in type 2 diabetesD J Wexler
Diabetes Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Diabetologia 49:1489-97. 2006..We assessed the impact of medical comorbidities, depression, and treatment intensity on quality of life in a large primary care cohort of patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Association of hypoglycemic symptoms with patients' rating of their health-related quality of life state: a cross sectional studyFernando Alvarez-Guisasola
Outcomes Research, Merck and Co, Inc, Whitehouse Station, NJ, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:86. 2010..To evaluate the association between patient-reported hypoglycemic symptoms with ratings of their health-related quality of life state and patient-reported adverse events in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Impact and characteristics of quality of life in Japanese patients with multiple sclerosisHiromi Kikuchi
College of Nursing, Sapporo City University, Sapporo, Japan
Qual Life Res 20:119-31. 2011..To evaluate health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in Japanese patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) and investigate associations between the results of these QOL assessments and disease severity...
- Recurrent readmissions in medical patients: a prospective studyAlison M Mudge
Department of Internal Medicine and Aged Care, Herston, Queensland, Australia
J Hosp Med 6:61-7. 2011..Hospital readmissions are common and costly. A recent previous hospitalization preceding the index admission is a marker of increased risk of future readmission...
- Monitoring HIV drug resistance using early warning indicators in China: results from a pilot survey conducted in 2008Ye Ma
Division of Treatment and Care, National Center for AIDS STD Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China
Clin Infect Dis 54:S300-2. 2012..HIV drug resistance early warning indicator monitoring provides a valuable assessment of ART service delivery, and its application will be scaled up throughout China...
- Personality traits and health-related quality of life in patients with mood and anxiety disordersAnnemieke van Straten
Department of Clinical Psychology, Faculty FPP, Vrije Universiteit, Van der Boechorststraat 1, 1081 BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Qual Life Res 16:1-8. 2007..Yet, surprisingly little attention has been paid to the determinants. In this paper we test the hypothesis that it is associated with personality traits while controlling for mental disorders...
- Health related quality of life measured by SF-36: a population-based study in Shanghai, ChinaRui Wang
Department of Health Statistics, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
BMC Public Health 8:292. 2008..However, the information on Chinese adults' quality of life is limited. This paper reports on the feasibility of using the Mandarin version of SF-36 to evaluate HRQL in the population of Shanghai, China...
- Availability of primary care doctors and population health in England: is there an association?Martin C Gulliford
Department of Public Health Sciences, Kings College London, Capital House, 42 Weston Street, London SEI 3QD
J Public Health Med 24:252-4. 2002..This paper reports an ecological analysis that evaluated whether population health was associated with general practitioner (GP) supply in England...
- Cognitive impairment improves the predictive validity of the phenotype of frailty for adverse health outcomes: the three-city studyJosé Alberto Avila-Funes
Centre de Recherche INSERM, U897, Bordeaux, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:453-61. 2009..To determine whether adding cognitive impairment to frailty improves its predictive validity for adverse health outcomes...
- Predictors of adolescent self-rated health. Analysis of the National Population Health SurveyEvelyn R Vingilis
Population and Community Health Unit, University of Western Ontario, 100 Collip Circle, Suite 245, London, ON N6G 4X8
Can J Public Health 93:193-7. 2002..To examine what factors predict adolescents' concepts of their health...
- Ecological association between a deprivation index and mortality in France over the period 1997 - 2001: variations with spatial scale, degree of urbanicity, age, gender and cause of deathGrégoire Rey
INSERM, CépiDc, IFR69, Le Vesinet, France
BMC Public Health 9:33. 2009..More specifically, the variations with the degree of urbanicity, spatial scale, age, gender and cause of death, which influence the association between mortality and deprivation, have been described...
- Epidemiology of hip and knee pain and its impact on overall health status in older adultsJ Dawson
Oxford Centre for Health Care Research and Development, School of Health and Social Care, Oxford Brookes University, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:497-504. 2004..To obtain prevalence rates of hip and knee pain in elderly people and compare combinations of symptoms with overall health status...
- The Global Activity Limitation Index measured function and disability similarly across European countriesCarol Jagger
Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
J Clin Epidemiol 63:892-9. 2010..This work aims to validate and increase understanding of the Global Activity Limitation Index (GALI), an activity limitation measure from which the new structural indicator Healthy Life Years is generated...
- Influence of social support on health among gender and socio-economic groups of adolescentsAndrea Geckova
Institute of Social Sciences, Faculty of Science, PJ Safarik University, Kosice, Slovak Republic
Eur J Public Health 13:44-50. 2003..The influence of social support on health was explored among gender and socio-economic groups with the aim of contributing to the explanation of socio-economic health differences among Slovak adolescents...
- Health-related quality of life surveillance--United States, 1993-2002Hatice S Zahran
Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC
MMWR Surveill Summ 54:1-35. 2005..In addition, population health assessment professionals should continue to refine and validate HRQOL, functional status, and self-reported health measures...
- Evaluation of quality of life and priorities of patients with glaucomaPeter A Aspinall
Visual Impairment Research Group, School of the Built Environment, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:1907-15. 2008..To investigate the quality of life and priorities of patients with glaucoma...
- Comorbidity in patients with diabetes mellitus: impact on medical health care utilizationJeroen N Struijs
Department for Prevention and Health Services Research, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, A, van Leeuwenhoekstraat 9, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
BMC Health Serv Res 6:84. 2006..The purpose of this study is to estimate the effects a broad spectrum of of comorbidities on the type and volume of medical health care utilization of patients with diabetes...
- Quality of life as an outcome measure in surgical oncologyB S Langenhoff
Department of Surgery, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 88:643-52. 2001..No HRQoL instrument fits all the recommended conditions or is suitable in all clinical situations. Using the appropriate instrument is essential to arrive at valid and clinically meaningful outcome measures...
- Association between a self-rated health question and mortality in young and old dialysis patients: a cohort studyMelissa S Y Thong
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Kidney Dis 52:111-7. 2008..We assessed whether an SRH item predicts mortality in a large sample of incident dialysis patients beyond sociodemographic, disease, and clinical measures and possible age interaction...
- Using self-rated health for analysing social inequalities in health: a risk for underestimating the gap between socioeconomic groups?C Delpierre
INSERM U, Toulouse, France
J Epidemiol Community Health 63:426-32. 2009..The aim of this study was to analyse the link between physical health status and SRH, according to level of education...
- [Measuring the quality of life in economic evaluations: the Dutch EQ-5D tariff]L M Lamers
Instituut Beleid en Management Gezondheidszorg, Erasmus MC, Postbus 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 149:1574-8. 2005..To value EQ-5D health states by a general Dutch public. EQ-5D is a standardised questionnaire that is used to calculate quality-adjusted life-years for cost-utility analysis...
- The disabilities of the arm, shoulder and hand (DASH) outcome questionnaire: reliability and validity of the Swedish version evaluated in 176 patientsI Atroshi
Department or Orthopedics, Hassleholm Kristianstad Hospitals, Sweden
Acta Orthop Scand 71:613-8. 2000..The Swedish version of the DASH is a reliable and valid instrument that can provide a standardized measure of patient-centered outcomes in upper-extremity musculoskeletal conditions...
- The COSMIN checklist for assessing the methodological quality of studies on measurement properties of health status measurement instruments: an international Delphi studyLidwine B Mokkink
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and the EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Qual Life Res 19:539-49. 2010..We present the COSMIN checklist and the agreement of the panel on the items of the checklist...
- Reliable change and minimum important difference (MID) proportions facilitated group responsiveness comparisons using individual threshold criteriaJohn S Schmitt
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, School of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Mayo Mail Code 388, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:1008-18. 2004..This study contrasted the use of responsiveness indices at the group level vs. individual patient level...
- Preschool children's health and its association with parental education and individual living conditions in East and West GermanyXianming du Prel
Institut für Umweltmedizinische Forschung IUF an der Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
BMC Public Health 6:312. 2006..Explanations of observed associations between parental education and health indicators were examined...
- Population based study of health and living conditions in areas with both Sámi and Norwegian populations--the SAMINOR studyEiliv Lund
Centre for Sami Health Research, Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tromsø, Norway
Int J Circumpolar Health 66:113-28. 2007..This article provides an overview of the background of the study and a description of the methods employed for the data collection. We give sample characteristics and elaborate on different definitions of ethnicity...
- Development of a self-reported Chronic Respiratory Questionnaire (CRQ-SR)J E Williams
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University Hospitals of Leicester, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester LE3 9QP, UK
Thorax 56:954-9. 2001..A study was undertaken to develop a self-reported version of the CRQ (CRQ-SR) and to compare the results of this questionnaire with the conventional interviewer led CRQ (CRQ-IL)...
- Applying the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) to measure childhood disabilityR J Simeonsson
School of Education and FPG Child Development Institute, CB 8185, UNC, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 8185, USA
Disabil Rehabil 25:602-10. 2003..The development of measures should be framed within a framework of children's rights and application of the biopsychosocial model to document profiles of functioning and disability of children...
- Content comparison of health-related quality of life instruments for COPDArmin Stucki
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Bern, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Respir Med 101:1113-22. 2007....
- The impact of chronic hepatitis B on quality of life: a multinational study of utilities from infected and uninfected personsAdrian R Levy
Oxford Outcomes Ltd, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Value Health 11:527-38. 2008..The objective was to elicit utilities for six health states that occur after infection with the hepatitis B virus from infected and uninfected respondents living in jurisdictions with low and with high CHB endemicity...
- Safety and Acceptability of Two IUDs among Cape Town HIV-positive Women: A RCTCATHERINE SUZANNE TODD; Fiscal Year: 2013..markers, including plasma viral load (VL) and CD4 change, and eligibility for ART initiation, or other health status indicators, including sexually-transmitted infection incidence;2) To measure LNG IUD safety with respect to genital ..
- Michigan Pregnancy Risk Assessment and Monitoring System (MI PRAMS)Robert Wahl; Fiscal Year: 2013..The collection of consistent data for Maternal and Child Health Block grant performance measures and health status indicators, as well as evaluation of women's'and children's programs require continued access to ..
- SOCIAL NETWORKS AND ADULT SURVIVAL IN RURAL BANGLADESHM Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Fourth, because of the wide variety of health status indicators available (self-reported and measured), we will be able to control for the confounding effect of prior ..
- Post-Migration Health & Behavior Change in Midlife WomenArlene Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..status, and determine points in the time that specific health practices have the greatest effect on health status indicators for women...
- MINORITIES' CHARACTERISTICS, CHANGING RESIDENCE & LTC USDavid Rabin; Fiscal Year: 1993..Descriptors will be health status indicators of physical, cognitive function and disease, personal, social, economic and residential characteristics ..
- PDE-5 Inhibition in HIV+ and HIV- MenRaymond Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Key personnel for the project are Raymond C. Rosen, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatry and Medicine at UMDNJ, who will serve as PI, and Joseph Catania, PhD, co-PI, from the AIDS Research Institute at UCSF. ..
- Sexual Dysfunction and Diabetes:Look AHEAD Sub-StudyStephen Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2006..iii) Finally, the proposed sub-study will investigate the relationship between changes in sexual function and quality of life outcomes. ..
- A PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF RISK OF MORTALITY AFTER SCIJames Krause; Fiscal Year: 2002..Risk profiles will be generated to identify individuals at greatest risk for early mortality. Separate analyses and risk profiles will be generated based on injury severity, gender and race/ethnicity. ..
- DEPRESSION AND PRODUCTIVE WORK ACTIVITYDebra Lerner; Fiscal Year: 2003..Study results will contribute to the design of disability prevention and productivity improvement programs and policies. ..
- Risk of Adverse Outcomes after Spinal Cord Injury: A Longitudinal StudyJames S Krause; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Pathways from Childhood Personality Traits to Midlife Metabolic SyndromeSarah Hampson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Developing an Instrument to Measure Keyboarding StyleNancy Baker; Fiscal Year: 2006..This information will be integrated into the final tool, the PECKS. The PECKS can then be used to identify an individual who have keyboarding...styles that have been associated with MSD-UE. ..
- Health Concordance in Older Mexican American CouplesMARY PEEK; Fiscal Year: 2005..Structural equation modeling will be used for model estimation on three waves of data (1993-94 -1998/9.) ..
- Under the Skin: Understanding the Role of Stress and Immune Function in Health DiJENNIFER DOWD; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test whether these immune and infection markers are related to psychosocial and economic stressors and whether they mediate the relationship between SES and health outcomes including mortality. ..
- Hormone Replacement Therapy and Ischemic Stroke SeverityCheryl Bushnell; Fiscal Year: 2005..This proposal will also provide critical transitional support in a mentored environment leading to the candidate's complete independence as a clinical investigator. ..
- Advancing the Study of Stroke in WomenCheryl Bushnell; Fiscal Year: 2005..By expanding the study of estrogen and stroke, the conference will ultimately lead to improvement of women's health. ..
- Promoting Mental Health in the WorkplaceDebra Lerner; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, this project will generate important information for key health care system stakeholders including consumers, purchasers, providers, and policymakers. ..
- Culture and Mobility Device Use in Older AdultsLinda Resnik; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Risk Factrors Associated with CFS and CF PrognosisLEONARD JASON; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF PROSTATE CANCERAlice Whittemore; Fiscal Year: 2008..As members of the ICPCG, our long-term aim is to pursue with this group any promising leads identified in this project. ..
- Changes in Functional Status Across Therapy for Primary GliomaLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Refining Models for Risk Adjustment in Outpatient RehabilitationLinda Resnik; Fiscal Year: 2008..Lack of adjustment for comorbidity in quality measurement may foster an environment in which providers avoid treating patients with comorbid conditions who may have poorer response to treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Understanding Disparities in Mental Status AssessmentRichard Jones; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Predictors of Alzheimers Disease in Mild Cognitive ImpairmentOscar Lopez; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., structural and perfusion MRI, plasma beta-amyloid) and the factors that modify the risk to express the clinical syndrome takes on an added importance. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biobehavioral Intervention in Heart FailureDebra Moser; Fiscal Year: 2008..Biofeedback-relaxation training for patients with heart failure may have potential long-term clinical benefits and may serve as an important adjunct to pharmacologic therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neurogenetics & Mild Cognitive ImpairmentAngela Jefferson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, findings from the proposed pilot study will generate feasibility data for developing a future, large-scale neurogenetics research study. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PS06-003, Opt-out HIV Testing in Emergency Dept settingsJason Haukoos; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of N-acetylcystein on Muscle Fatigue in ESRDKIRSTEN JOHANSEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..To determine whether patients with ESRD generate excessive oxidative stress in response to exercise and whether muscle fatigue can be ameliorated by short-term treatment with N-acetylcysteine. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Caregivers of Cancer Pain Patients: Coping InterventionSusan McMillan; Fiscal Year: 2007..The effectiveness of the intervention will be tested as well as identification of potential mediators and moderators of the effectiveness of the intervention. ..
- Sepsis and Critical Illness in Babies > 34 Weeks GestationGABRIEL ESCOBAR; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SAFEHAVEN: Decision Support for Nursing Home Resident Disaster EvacuationsVincent Mor; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using existing nursing home data from multiple sources, this study seeks to understand the consequences of hurricanes and evacuation decisions, providing the first evidence base to inform the creation of evacuation guidelines. ..
- Predicting Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis with Genetic and Clinical FactorsELIZABETH ANN contact COLEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, this study will accelerate nursing advancements to the "Science of Health". ..
- Novel Imaging to Predict Cardiovascular Events in DiabetesZahi A Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is our expectation that our data will be utilized to evaluate and improve existent treatment and develop effective new therapies to decrease the burden of atherosclerotic disease in diabetes. ..
- The Effect of Statins on Skeletal Muscle FunctionPAUL DAVIS THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Interactions of Biomechanics and Psychosocial Stressors and MSDs in the Modern OfJack Tigh Dennerlein; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results will influence work place design and policies through the development of new evidence-based interventions. ..
- The effect of alternative keyboards on discomfort and typing kinematicsNancy A Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..The effectiveness of alternative keyboards must be verified to ensure that they are providing interventions that will reduce musculoskeletal pain/discomfort and potentially prevent MSD-UE. ..
- Impact of sleepiness on heart failure self-careBarbara Riegel; Fiscal Year: 2009..This study is expected to expand existing knowledge and clarify our understanding of the mechanisms linking EDS, failed self-care, poor HRQL, and unplanned hospitalizations in persons with heart failure. ..
- Improving Hepatitis C Treatment in Injection Drug UsersSteven Batki; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, the studies will also provide information about the influence of active drug and alcohol use on HCV medical outcomes such as treatment completion and SVR. ..
- Socioeconomic Status, Stress & Asthma Biological MarkersEdith Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results from this project will allow us to begin developing models of how the larger social environment comes to affect a child's clinical course of asthma. ..
- Functional Outcomes in Pediatric Liver TransplantationEstella Alonso; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Eating Disorder Prevention Program Effectiveness TrialEric Stice; Fiscal Year: 2009..g. will use random assignment, an attention control condition, blinded diagnostic interviews, multiple-reporter data, and a long-term follow-up). ..
- Cancer Risks in Multi-ethnic Carriers of Unclassified BRCA1 VariantsAlice Whittemore; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will examine the feasibility of adding new information about these risks using cancer data from relatives of variant carriers. ..
- REM and NREM Processing SpecializationsPatrick McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prenatal Drug Exposure: Effects on Adolescent Brain and Behavioral DevelopmentMaureen Black; Fiscal Year: 2009..This application examines adacemic performance, socio-emotional functioning, and drug use among adolescents exposed to cocaine and/or heroin prenatally ..
- Ecological validity in patient-reported chronic disease outcomes(RMI)Arthur Stone; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- RELAPSE PREVENTION GROUP FOR BIPOLAR SUBSTANCE ABUSERSRoger Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Outcomes of Prolonged Mechanical VentilationShannon Carson; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, these data will inform future cohort studies and randomized controlled trials designed to improve outcomes for this growing patient population. ..
- Third International Conference on Urban HealthHortensia Amaro; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Third International Conference on Urban HealthHortensia Amaro; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Breast Cancer Risk Modifiers in BRCA Mutation CarriersAlice Whittemore; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed analysis will provide new information on alternatives to mastectomy as a preventive strategy for these women. ..
- ATHEROGENESIS AND THE BONE MARROW ANGIOTENSIN SYSTEMCarlos Ferrario; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed research will uncover novel mechanisms of atherogenesis that may have significant impact in the development of new therapeutic modalities applicable to cardiovascular and blood vessel diseases. ..
- BIOLOGICAL EXPLANATION OF SES DIFFERENCES IN HEALTHTeresa Seeman; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- STIs/HIV Risk in Young Adults: A Multilevel ApproachDawn Upchurch; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Anemia Management and Survival in a Hemodialysis CohortBruce Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Enrollment for the DOPPS began in 1996 and is ongoing. For both specific aims, we will investigate causality by controlling for time-varying and bidirectional associations. ..
- Profiling Providers of Outpatient Physical TherapyLinda Resnik; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, the information from this series of studies may be used to shape the policy regarding regulation and administration of rehabilitative services. ..
- A CAREGIVER INTERVENTION TO IMPROVE HOSPICE OUTCOMESSusan McMillan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Quantitative data will be analyzed using repeated measures multivariate analysis of variance and structural equation modeling. ..
- DIABETES WELLNESS--AMERICAN INDIAN TALKING CIRCLESFelicia Hodge; Fiscal Year: 2001..During this final year, control sites will be provided all educational materials and one training session per site. ..
- Symptom Management Intervention in Elderly CABG PatientsLani Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Also, a better understanding of HCU, patient satisfaction, and self-efficacy as variables will be described. ..
- Impact of adolescent pregnancy on nutritional statusJoanne Katz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Measures of nutritional status at birth include weight, length, head, chest and mid upper arm circumference. Growth of these infants through 6 months of age will also be examined, as will hemoglobin and serum retinol at 3 months of age. ..
- Pilot Trial of Peer Support for Bipolar DisorderGregory Simon; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Tools for exposure assessment of physical risk factorsJack Dennerlein; Fiscal Year: 2007..Technology transfers include potential software products for computer users to monitor their own work patterns. ..
- Positive Emotions and Exceptional Healthy AgingGlenn Ostir; Fiscal Year: 2006..S. Findings from this R03 application will generate data for an R01 application examining cross-national differences and similarities in healthy aging for older Hispanics in the U.S., Mexico, and Latin America. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Computer-Assisted Cognitive Rehabilitation Intervention for Persons with MSAlexa K Stuifbergen; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study will test a computer-assisted cognitive rehabilitation intervention that is designed to improve both cognitive performance and cognitive competence for functioning in everyday life. ..
- Biological Risk Underlying Education Health DifferencesEileen Crimmins; Fiscal Year: 2006..4) Examine changes over time in the patterning of biological risk by education. ..
- A Randomized Trial of Home Self-Efficacy EnhancementAnthony Jerant; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will help policymakers, payers, and providers identify which interventions to implement. ..
- Using the Internet to Improve Patient's Self-Management of Chronic IllnessDeborah Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..The utilization analysis will allow us to identify the incremental benefit of the comprehensive system compared to the secure system and to determine where there greatest savings in overall cost of care is gained. ..
- Exposure to Immunosuppressive Drugs & Cancer Risk in SLERosalind Ramsey Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2005..If certain ISDs are linked to cancer risk, prescribing patterns may change. This study may also provide new information about potential links between cancer and autoimmunity. ..
- Physical Activity and Quality of Life in Multiple SclerosisRobert Motl; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FOUR-CORNERS BREAST AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCER STUDYMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2003..C-peptide, glycosylated hemoglobin, IGF-1, and IGFBP3 will be evaluated with respect to breast and endometrial cancer in a subset of women. ..
- Ginkgo Biloba: Antidepressant-Induced Sexual DysfunctionCindy Meston; Fiscal Year: 2003..If effective, GBE could play a significant adjunctive role in the treatment of clinical depression and other psychological disorders commonly treated with antidepressant medications. ..
- Smokers' Quitline for Asian Language SpeakersShu Hong Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2008..Third, by targeting Asian language speakers this study addresses the issue of ethnic disparities, which has been identified by many (including the NCI Bypass Budget) as a research priority. ..
- Cardiovascular disease and neurocognition in the elderlyAngela Jefferson; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Computer Adaptive Testing of Functional StatusStephen Haley; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Case/Cleveland Clinic Clinical Research Training Program (RMI)Richard Rudick; Fiscal Year: 2007..It will host a national conference on this theme during 2007 to exchange "lessons learned" and evaluate how NIH-sponsored programs are measuring up to this strategic goal. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMPROVING QUALITY OF PRIMARY CARE FOR ANXIETY DISORDERSBRUCE ROLLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, it addresses alcohol use disorders - an important public health problem never addressed before in any effectiveness study for an anxiety or a mood disorder in a primary care setting. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MISSING DATA, MEASUREMENT ERROR AND APPLICATIONSChing Yun Wang; Fiscal Year: 2002..The investigator states that the proposed methods will also accommodate two-stage designs which are becoming popular in epidemiologic research and particular in genetic epidemiology. ..
- BALANCING SURVIVAL AND OTOTOXICITY IN CISPLATIN THERAPYYuelin Li; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Economic and Policy Analyses in Geriatric DiseaseEKATERINA NOYES; Fiscal Year: 2006..The model and analytical approaches acquired by the candidate during her training will be used later to develop a decision analytical model describing geriatric depression. ..
- TRIPTORELIN FOR OVARY PROTECTION IN CHILDHOOD LIPUSHermine Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- MULTI-SITE INTERVENTION FOR DIVERSE CAREGIVERSSara Czaja; Fiscal Year: 2003..A uniform battery of predictor and outcome measures will be collected at baseline, three and six months. Cost effectiveness and clinical significance of the two conditions will also be evaluated. ..
- Tailored Teen Alcohol and Violence Prevention in the ERMaureen Walton; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Historic Traffic Exposure Maps for Cancer StudiesPaul English; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Vascular Depression and Function in Older LatinosHECTOR GONZALEZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..