Genomes and Genes
Summary: Graphical representation of a statistical model containing scales for calculating the prognostic weight of a value for each individual variable. Nomograms are instruments that can be used to predict outcomes using specific clinical parameters. They use ALGORITHMS that incorporate several variables to calculate the predicted probability that a patient will achieve a particular clinical endpoint.
Publications253 found, 100 shown here
- Preoperative nomograms for predicting stone-free rate after extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsyKent Kanao
Department of Urology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Urol 176:1453-6; discussion 1456-7. 2006..The present study was performed to develop preoperative nomograms for predicting stone-free rates after extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy.
- How to build and interpret a nomogram for cancer prognosisAlexia Iasonos
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 307 E 63rd St, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1364-70. 2008b>Nomograms are widely used for cancer prognosis, primarily because of their ability to reduce statistical predictive models into a single numerical estimate of the probability of an event, such as death or recurrence, that is tailored to ..
- Development of prognostic nomograms for individualizing 5-year and 10-year fracture risksN D Nguyen
Bone and Mineral Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW, 2010, Australia
Osteoporos Int 19:1431-44. 2008We have developed clinical nomograms for predicting 5-year and 10-year fracture risks for any elderly man or woman. The nomograms used age and information concerning fracture history, fall history, and BMD T-score or body weight.
- Preoperative nomogram predicting the 10-year probability of prostate cancer recurrence after radical prostatectomyAndrew J Stephenson
Department of Urology, Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Cancers, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:715-7. 2006..Thus, a new preoperative nomogram provides robust predictions of prostate cancer recurrence up to 10 years after radical prostatectomy...
- Nomograms to predict pathologic complete response and metastasis-free survival after preoperative chemotherapy for breast cancerRoman Rouzier
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:8331-9. 2005..To combine clinical variables associated with pathologic complete response (pCR) and distant metastasis-free survival (DMFS) after preoperative chemotherapy (PC) into a prediction nomogram...
- Prediction of indolent prostate cancer: validation and updating of a prognostic nomogramE W Steyerberg
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Urol 177:107-12; discussion 112. 2007..Statistical models have been proposed to predict indolent cancer. We validated and updated model predictions for a screening setting...
- A nomogram for predicting lymph node metastasis of presumed stage I and II endometrial cancerSofiane Bendifallah
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Tenon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Am J Obstet Gynecol 207:197.e1-8. 2012..Our objective was to develop a nomogram based on pathological hysterectomy characteristics to provide a more individualized and accurate estimation of lymph node metastasis in endometrial cancer...
- Transcutaneous bilirubin nomogram for predicting neonatal hyperbilirubinemia in healthy term and late-preterm Chinese infantsZhang Bin Yu
Department of Pediatrics, Nanjing Maternal and Child Health Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Eur J Pediatr 170:185-91. 2011..No newborn infants in the low-risk zone became high-risk during follow-up. We provide an hour-specific TcB nomogram to predict neonatal hyperbilirubinemia in healthy term and late-preterm Chinese infants...
- External validation of urinary PCA3-based nomograms to individually predict prostate biopsy outcomeMarco Auprich
Department of Urology, Medical University Graz, Austria
Eur Urol 58:727-32. 2010..Prior to safely adopting risk stratification tools, their performance must be tested in an external patient cohort...
- Nomograms for risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with chronic hepatitis B virus infectionHwai I Yang
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, Graduate Institute of Epidemiology, College of Public Health and Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 28:2437-44. 2010..This study aimed to develop nomograms for predicting hepatocellular carcinoma risk in patients with chronic hepatitis B.
- Outcome prediction in primary resected retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcoma: histology-specific overall survival and disease-free survival nomograms built on major sarcoma center data setsAlessandro Gronchi
Fondazione Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 31:1649-55. 2013..The purpose of this study was to build a specific nomogram for predicting postoperative overall survival (OS) and disease-free survival (DFS) in patients with primary RPS...
- Comparison of nomograms with other methods for predicting outcomes in prostate cancer: a critical analysis of the literatureShahrokh F Shariat
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Centre, Dallas, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:4400-7. 2008..We describe the criteria based on which to judge predictive tools, describe the limitations of current predictive tools, and compare the different predictive methodologies that have been used in the prostate cancer literature...
- Multi-institutional validation of a new renal cancer-specific survival nomogramPierre I Karakiewicz
Cancer Prognostics and Health Outcomes Unit, University of Montreal Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Oncol 25:1316-22. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that the prediction of renal cancer-specific survival can be improved if traditional predictor variables are used within a prognostic nomogram...
- Nonsentinel node metastasis in breast cancer patients: assessment of an existing and a new predictive nomogramAmy C Degnim
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St, SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Surg 190:543-50. 2005..The accurate prediction of nonsentinel node (NSN) metastasis in breast cancer patients remains uncertain...
- Validation of Partin tables and development of a preoperative nomogram for Japanese patients with clinically localized prostate cancer using 2005 International Society of Urological Pathology consensus on Gleason grading: data from the ClinicopathologicalSeiji Naito
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Urol 180:904-9; discussion 909-10. 2008..We validated the 2001 Partin tables and developed an original nomogram for Japanese patients using the 2005 International Society of Urological Pathology consensus on Gleason grading...
- Highly predictive survival nomogram after upper urinary tract urothelial carcinomaClaudio Jeldres
Cancer Prognostics and Health Outcomes Unit, University of Montreal Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer 116:3774-84. 2010....
- A nomogram for predicting overall survival of women with endometrial cancer following primary therapy: toward improving individualized cancer careN R Abu-Rustum
Department of Surgery, Gynecology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Gynecol Oncol 116:399-403. 2010..Our objective was to develop a clinically useful nomogram in the hope of providing a more individualized and accurate estimation of overall survival (OS) following primary therapy...
- Establishment and validation of circulating tumor cell-based prognostic nomograms in first-line metastatic breast cancer patientsAntonio Giordano
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:1596-602. 2013..The objective here was to develop and validate nomograms that combined baseline CTC counts and the other prognostic factors to assess the outcome of individual patients ..
- Preoperative nomograms for predicting extracapsular extension in Korean men with localized prostate cancer: a multi-institutional clinicopathologic studyJae Seung Chung
Department of Urology, Inje University Haeundae Paik Hospital, Busan, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 25:1443-8. 2010..777). Our nomogram allows for the preoperative identification of patients with an ECE and may prove useful in selecting patients to receive nerve sparing radical prostatectomy...
- Nomogram to predict subsequent brain metastasis in patients with metastatic breast cancerOlivier Graesslin
FACP, Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 1354, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2032-7. 2010..Selection of an enriched patient population at high risk for brain metastasis will facilitate the design of trials aiming at its prevention...
- Transcutaneous bilirubin nomograms: a systematic review of population differences and analysis of bilirubin kineticsDaniele De Luca
Division of Neonatology, Institute of Mother and Child Health, G Salesi Women s and Children s Hospital, Polytechnical University of Marche, Rome, Italy
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163:1054-9. 2009To compare available nomograms in the literature defining trends in bilirubin levels across populations with different risk factor profiles and to study a mathematical bilirubin kinetics model describing the natural course of jaundice ..
- Role of nomograms for prostate cancer in 2007Felix K H Chun
Department of Urology, University of Hamburg, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
World J Urol 25:131-42. 2007b>Nomograms have been developed to predict prostate cancer (PCa) related outcomes. We report what has been achieved and what can be expected in 2007 and in the future...
- Individualized prediction of colon cancer recurrence using a nomogramMartin R Weiser
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:380-5. 2008..Although easy to implement, there remains significant heterogeneity within each stage grouping. In the era of multimodality treatment, a more refined tool is needed to predict recurrence...
- Comparative validation of online nomograms for predicting nonsentinel lymph node status in sentinel lymph node-positive breast cancerCrystal J Hessman
Department of Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Knight Cancer Institute, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Arch Surg 146:1035-40. 2011..Online nomograms are available to predict risk of NSLN disease.
- A nomogram predicting metastatic progression after radical prostatectomyChristopher R Porter
Department of Urology, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Int J Urol 15:889-94. 2008..To develop and internally validate a nomogram predicting the individual probability of metastatic progression after radical prostatectomy according to the length of disease-free interval...
- Predicting individual survival after gastric cancer resection: validation of a U.S.-derived nomogram at a single high-volume center in EuropeAlexander R Novotny
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Ann Surg 243:74-81. 2006..Validation of a U.S.-derived nomogram for individual prediction of disease-specific gastric cancer survival at a European institution...
- Prediction tools in surgical oncologyBrandon K Isariyawongse
Department of Urology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue Q 10, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 21:439-47, viii-ix. 2012Artificial neural networks, prediction tables, and clinical nomograms allow physicians to transmit an immense amount of prognostic information in a format that exhibits comprehensibility and brevity...
- Pretreatment nomogram predicting ten-year biochemical outcome of three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy and intensity-modulated radiotherapy for prostate cancerMichael J Zelefsky
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Urology 70:283-7. 2007....
- A critical appraisal of logistic regression-based nomograms, artificial neural networks, classification and regression-tree models, look-up tables and risk-group stratification models for prostate cancerFelix K H Chun
Cancer Prognostics and Health Outcomes Unit, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BJU Int 99:794-800. 2007To evaluate several methods of predicting prostate cancer-related outcomes, i.e. nomograms, look-up tables, artificial neural networks (ANN), classification and regression tree (CART) analyses and risk-group stratification (RGS) models, ..
- Descriptive nomograms of adjuvant radiotherapy use and patterns of care analysis for stage I and II endometrial adenocarcinoma: A surveillance, epidemiology, and end results population studyChristopher M Lee
Department of Radiation Oncology, Huntsman Cancer Hospital and University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 99202, USA
Cancer 110:2092-100. 2007....
- Predictive models in external beam radiotherapy for clinically localized prostate cancerMack Roach
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer 115:3112-20. 2009..Cancer 2009;115(13 suppl):3112-20. (c) 2009 American Cancer Society...
- Development of a new nomogram for predicting the probability of a positive initial prostate biopsy in Japanese patients with serum PSA levels less than 10 ng/mLKoji Kawamura
Department of Urology, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Int J Urol 15:598-603. 2008Although several nomograms for prostate cancer detection have been developed for Western populations, the models constructed on Japanese data would be more useful for the Japanese population because of various differences between Western ..
- Nomograms for predicting survival of patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma: prognostic factor analysis of EORTC and NCIC trial 26981-22981/CE.3Thierry Gorlia
EORTC Data Centre, Brussels, Belgium
Lancet Oncol 9:29-38. 2008..EORTC and NCIC data to confirm or identify new prognostic factors for survival in adult patients with glioblastoma, derive nomograms that predict an individual patient's prognosis, and suggest stratification factors for future trials.
- 11C-choline positron emission tomography/computerized tomography for preoperative lymph-node staging in intermediate-risk and high-risk prostate cancer: comparison with clinical staging nomogramsRiccardo Schiavina
Department of Urology, University of Bologna, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Italy
Eur Urol 54:392-401. 2008..Conventional imaging (CI) techniques are inadequate for lymph node (LN) staging in prostate cancer (PCa)...
- Prognostic nomogram and index for overall survival in previously untreated patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaWilliam G Wierda
Department of Leukemia, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 109:4679-85. 2007..This prognostic model may help patients and clinicians in clinical decision making as well as in clinical research and clinical trial design...
- External validation of a biomarker-based preoperative nomogram predicts biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomyShahrokh F Shariat
Cancer Prognostics and Health Outcomes Unit, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Oncol 26:1526-31. 2008..However, this model was never externally validated. We tested the accuracy of this nomogram in an independent, external cohort...
- Asymptomatic pancreatic cystic neoplasms: maximizing survival and quality of life using Markov-based clinical nomogramsBenjamin M Weinberg
Department of Gastroenterology, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, USA
Gastroenterology 138:531-40. 2010The natural history and management of pancreatic cysts, especially for branch duct intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms (BD-IPMNs), remain uncertain. We developed evidence-based nomograms to assist with clinical decision making.
- Validation of breast cancer nomograms for predicting the non-sentinel lymph node metastases after a positive sentinel lymph node biopsy in a multi-center studyA S Gur
Ataturk Teaching and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Eur J Surg Oncol 36:30-5. 2010In the study, our aim was to evaluate the predictability of four different nomograms on non-sentinel lymph node metastases (NSLNM) in breast cancer (BC) patients with positive sentinel lymph node (SLN) biopsy in a multi-center study.
- A declining rate of completion axillary dissection in sentinel lymph node-positive breast cancer patients is associated with the use of a multivariate nomogramJulia Park
Breast Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ann Surg 245:462-8. 2007....
- Prostate cancer nomograms: an updateFelix K H Chun
Cancer Prognostics and Health Outcomes Unit, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Eur Urol 50:914-26; discussion 926. 2006Several nomograms have been developed to predict outcomes related to prostate cancer (PCa).
- Nomogram to predict the probability of relapse in patients diagnosed with borderline ovarian tumorsAndreas Obermair
Queensland Centre for Gynaecological Cancer, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Int J Gynecol Cancer 23:264-7. 2013..This study aimed to develop a nomogram predicting the probability of relapse in individual patients who have surgery for borderline ovarian tumors (BOTs)...
- Cancer-specific survival after radical nephroureterectomy for upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma: proposal and multi-institutional validation of a post-operative nomogramD R Yates
Academic Department of Urology of la Pitiè Salpétriére Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, University Paris VI, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, Paris 75013, France
Br J Cancer 106:1083-8. 2012..A patient-specific survival nomogram based on such data is needed to predict cancer-specific survival (CSS) post nephroureterectomy (NU). Herein, we propose and validate a nomogram to predict CSS post NU...
- Predicting individual outcomes after radical cystectomy: an external validation of current nomogramsDirk Zaak
Department of Urology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
BJU Int 106:342-8. 2010To determine whether published nomograms, i.e...
- Nomograms for prognostication of outcome in patients with esophageal and gastroesophageal carcinoma undergoing definitive chemoradiotherapyAkihiro Suzuki
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncology 82:108-13. 2012..We used a number of clinical pre- and post-treatment parameters to establish two nomograms: for overall survival (OS) and relapse-free survival (RFS).
- Bhutani-based nomograms for the prediction of significant hyperbilirubinaemia using transcutaneous measurements of bilirubinY A Bental
Neonatology, Laniado Hospital, Natanya, Israel
Acta Paediatr 98:1902-8. 2009Prospectively establish the relationship between transcutaneous bilirubin (TcB) and total serum bilirubin (TSB), and develop nomograms similar to Bhutani's nomograms, based on our TcB data.
- The use of nomograms in the detection of prostate cancerM J Roobol
Department of Urology, Erasmus Medical Centre Rotterdam, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Prostate 66:1266-7. 2006
- Nomograms for predicting the risk of arm lymphedema after axillary dissection in breast cancerJosé Luiz B Bevilacqua
Escola Nacional de Saúde Pública FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Ann Surg Oncol 19:2580-9. 2012..Although several risk factors have been described, it is difficult to estimate the risk in individual patients. We therefore developed nomograms based on a large data set.
- Prognostic variables and nomograms for renal cell carcinomaRobert C Flanigan
Department of Urology, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Int J Urol 18:20-31. 2011..Several groups have incorporated these clinical and pathological features into nomograms which help the clinician better define individual patient prognosis and direct the optimum therapeutic approach...
- Nomograms to predict isolated loco-regional or distant recurrence among women with uterine cancerSrinivas Kondalsamy-Chennakesavan
School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Gynecol Oncol 125:520-5. 2012..We addressed this gap by developing nomograms to individualize the risk of recurrence.
- Prediction of cancer specific survival after radical nephroureterectomy for upper tract urothelial carcinoma: development of an optimized postoperative nomogram using decision curve analysisMorgan Roupret
Academic Department of Urology and Division of Medical Oncology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 189:1662-9. 2013....
- Nomograms to predict patency after microsurgical vasectomy reversalWayland Hsiao
Department of Urology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
J Urol 187:607-12. 2012..Nevertheless, it remains difficult for surgeons to accurately counsel men on the chance of patency after vasectomy reversal...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of gentamicin: evaluation of five nomograms for initial dosing at Al-Amiri Hospital in KuwaitYousef Al-Lanqawi
Department of Pharmacy, Al Amiri Hospital, Ministry of Health, Kuwait
Med Princ Pract 16:348-54. 2007To compare five published nomograms (Thomson guidelines, Mawer nomogram, rule of eights, Hull-Sarubbi table and Dettli method) for calculating the initial gentamicin dosage regimen in a Kuwaiti population.
- Nomogram predicting the probability of early recurrence after radical prostatectomy for prostate cancerJochen Walz
Cancer Prognostics and Health Outcomes Unit, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
J Urol 181:601-7; discussion 607-8. 2009..Identifying patients at risk for early recurrence may improve prognosis as early institution of adjuvant therapy may reduce the risk of progression...
- Independent external validation of radiotherapy and its impact on the accuracy of a nomogram for predicting survival of women with endometrial cancerMartin Koskas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, APHP Hôpital Bichat, Paris, France
Gynecol Oncol 123:214-20. 2011..To externally validate and assess the impact of radiotherapy on the accuracy of a nomogram for predicting overall survival of women with endometrial cancer...
- Nomogram predicting long-term survival after d2 gastrectomy for gastric cancerDong Seok Han
Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Clin Oncol 30:3834-40. 2012..The aim of this study was to combine clinicopathologic variables associated with overall survival after gastric resection with D2 lymphadenectomy (D2 gastrectomy) for gastric cancer into a prediction nomogram...
- Dosing nomograms for attaining optimum concentrations of meropenem by continuous infusion in critically ill patients with severe gram-negative infections: a pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics-based approachFederico Pea
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medical Sciences, Medical School, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:6343-8. 2012..The aim of this study was to create dosing nomograms in relation to different creatinine clearance (CL(Cr)) estimates for use in daily clinical practice to target ..
- Nomograms are difficult to beatMichael W Kattan
Eur Urol 53:671-2. 2008
- Nomograms predicting response to therapy and outcomes after bladder-preserving trimodality therapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancerJohn J Coen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 86:311-6. 2013..We developed prognostic nomograms to predict the complete response rate, disease-specific survival, and likelihood of remaining free of recurrent ..
- Comparison of disease-specific survival in the United States and Korea after resection for early-stage node-negative gastric carcinomaVivian E Strong
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Surg Oncol 107:634-40. 2013..Disease-specific survival (DSS) for GC patients differs in Eastern and Western countries. The aim is to compare outcomes of US and Korean patients following resection of early-stage, node-negative gastric carcinoma (GC)...
- Conditional probability of survival nomogram for 1-, 2-, and 3-year survivors after an R0 resection for gastric cancerJohan L Dikken
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:1623-30. 2013..estimates after curative surgery for gastric cancer are based on AJCC staging, or on more accurate multivariable nomograms. However, the risk of dying of gastric cancer is not constant over time, with most deaths occurring in the first ..
- Validation of postoperative nomograms in prostate cancer patients with long-term follow-upGregory P Swanson
Department of Radiation, University of Texas Health ScienceCenter San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Urology 78:105-9. 2011To validate established postoperative nomograms in a patient population with long-term follow-up. There are well-documented risk factors that can help predict for failure after radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer...
- Head-to-head comparison of the three most commonly used preoperative models for prediction of biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomyGiovanni Lughezzani
Cancer Prognostics and Health Outcomes Unit, University of Montreal Health Centre, Montreal, Canada
Eur Urol 57:562-8. 2010..Several models can predict the rate of biochemical recurrence (BCR) after radical prostatectomy (RP)...
- Is it time to tailor the prediction of radio-induced toxicity in prostate cancer patients? Building the first set of nomograms for late rectal syndromeRiccardo Valdagni
Prostate Program, Scientific Directorate, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:1957-66. 2012..Development of user-friendly tools for the prediction of single-patient probability of late rectal toxicity after conformal radiotherapy for prostate cancer...
- Validation of a nomogram for predicting disease-specific survival after an R0 resection for gastric carcinomaKoen C M J Peeters
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cancer 103:702-7. 2005..A statistical model for predicting disease-specific survival in patients with gastric carcinoma, based on a single U.S. institution experience, was tested for validity in a sample of patients treated at different institutions...
- Transcutaneous bilirubin nomogram for prediction of significant neonatal hyperbilirubinemiaAnastasia Varvarigou
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital of Patras, Patras, Greece
Pediatrics 124:1052-9. 2009..The goal was to develop a predictive nomogram, based on transcutaneous bilirubin (TcB) measurements, for assessment of the risk of significant hyperbilirubinemia in healthy term and near-term neonates...
- Development and validation of nomograms for predicting residual tumor size and the probability of successful conservative surgery with neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancerRoman Rouzier
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 107:1459-66. 2006..The aim of the current study was to develop and validate nomograms for predicting residual tumor size and probability of a patient becoming eligible for breast conservation ..
- Nomogram for prediction of the risk of neonatal hyperbilirubinemia, using transcutaneous bilirubinSuwimol Sanpavat
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 88:1187-93. 2005..Recognizing the infants risk enables awareness of the problem and prompt intervention which should reduce severe hyperbilirubinemia and chance to develop bilirubin encephalopathy...
- Low predictive accuracy of the Kattan postoperative nomogram for renal cell carcinoma recurrence in a population of French patientsVincent Hupertan
Department of Urology, Necker Hospital, GHU Ouest, University Paris V Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Cancer 107:2604-8. 2006....
- Head-to-head comparison of two online nomograms for prostate biopsy outcome predictionMario Oliveira
Department of Urology, Hospital de Braga, Braga, Portugal
BJU Int 107:1780-3. 2011..Diagnosis (exploratory cohort)...
- Ljubljana nomograms for predicting the likelihood of non-sentinel lymph node metastases in breast cancer patients with a positive sentinel lymph nodeAndraz Perhavec
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institute of Oncology, Ljubljana, Zaloska cesta 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Breast Cancer Res Treat 119:357-66. 2010..The aim of our study was to create and validate different nomograms for predicting the likelihood of non-SLN involvement that would be applicable in different institutions and that ..
- Are nomograms needed in the management of bladder cancer?Carvell T Nguyen
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Urol Oncol 28:102-7. 2010..b>Nomograms are capable of incorporating multiple variables and generating accurate risk estimates tailored to the ..
- Nomograms for aortic root diameters in children using two-dimensional echocardiographyMathieu Gautier
Centre de référence pour le syndrome de Marfan et apparentés, Hopital Bichat, AP HP, Paris, France Service de Cardiologie, Hopital Bichat, AP HP, Paris, France
Am J Cardiol 105:888-94. 2010..However, we noted that the available nomograms suggested a lower aortic root dilation rate in adults (75%) than in children (90%), when the opposite would have ..
- Cross-cultural validation of a prognostic tool: example of the Kattan preoperative nomogram as a predictor of prostate cancer recurrence after radical prostatectomyMorgan Roupret
Department of Urology, Groupe Hospitalo Universitaire EST, Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
BJU Int 104:813-7; discussion 817-8. 2009..To establish the predictive accuracy of the Kattan preoperative nomogram by comparing predictions at 5 years with actual progression in patients who had a radical prostatectomy (RP)...
- External validation and head-to-head comparison of Japanese and Western prostate biopsy nomograms using Japanese data setsTakanobu Utsumi
Department of Urology, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Int J Urol 16:416-9. 2009..a previously developed prostate biopsy nomogram (the CHIBA nomogram) and to compare it with previously published nomograms developed in Japanese and overseas populations...
- Validation of two preoperative Kattan nomograms predicting recurrence after radical prostatectomy for localized prostate cancer in Turkey: a multicenter study of the Uro-oncology SocietySaadettin Y Eskicorapci
Department of Urology, Pamukkale University, Kinikli Denizli, Turkey
Urology 74:1289-95. 2009..the guidance of the Uro-Oncology Society, the predictive accuracies of the 1998 and 2006 Kattan preoperative nomograms in Turkish patients...
- Are nomograms better than currently available stage groupings for bladder cancer?Cora N Sternberg
J Clin Oncol 24:3819-20. 2006
- False-negative results of pre-discharge neonatal bilirubin screening to predict severe hyperbilirubinemia: a need for cautionJonathan Slaughter
Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Eur J Pediatr 168:1461-6. 2009..Universal early post-discharge follow-up should remain the cornerstone of preventing severe hyperbilirubinemia...
- Nomograms for predicting graft function and survival in living donor kidney transplantation based on the UNOS RegistryH Y Tiong
Section of Renal Transplantation, Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Urol 181:1248-55. 2009We developed nomograms that predict transplant renal function at 1 year (Modification of Diet in Renal Disease equation [estimated glomerular filtration rate]) and 5-year graft survival after living donor kidney transplantation.
- Prediction of graft survival of living-donor kidney transplantation: nomograms or artificial neural networks?Ahmed Akl
The Urology and Nephrology Center, Mansoura, Egypt
Transplantation 86:1401-6. 2008..An artificial neural networks (ANNs) model was developed to predict 5-year graft survival of living-donor kidney transplants. Predictions from the validated ANNs were compared with Cox regression-based nomogram...
- The utility of a prognostic index for predicting time to first treatment in early chronic lymphocytic leukemia: the GIMEMA experienceStefano Molica
Department of Hematology Oncology, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Viale Pio X 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Haematologica 95:464-9. 2010..We assessed the utility of this index for predicting time to first treatment in early chronic lymphocytic leukemia...
- Multicentre validation of a prognostic index for overall survival in chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaPietro Bulian
Clinical and Experimental Onco Hematology Unit, IRCCS, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Aviano PN, Italy
Hematol Oncol 29:91-9. 2011..78 versus 0.76 of the six-variable model (p = 0.043), showing better predictive accuracy. External validation and refinement are needed on independent data sets, possibly from cancer registry patients' series...
- The nomogram epidemic: resurgence of a medical relicDavid A Grimes
Family Health International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Ann Intern Med 149:273-5. 2008The obsolete calculators known as nomograms have become epidemic in recent medical literature. The frequency of articles in PubMed retrieved with this search term nearly doubled between 1990 to 1999 and 2000 to 2007...
- Nomograms including nuclear matrix protein 22 for prediction of disease recurrence and progression in patients with Ta, T1 or CIS transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderShahrokh F Shariat
Department of Urology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9110, USA
J Urol 173:1518-25. 2005We developed and validated nomograms that accurately predict disease recurrence and progression in patients with Ta, T1, or CIS transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the bladder using a large international cohort.
- Characteristics associated with important clinical end points in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia at initial treatmentWilliam G Wierda
Department of Leukemia and Biostatistics and Applied Mathematics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1637-43. 2009..Identifying pretreatment patient characteristics or prognostic factors associated with clinical outcomes is important for counseling patients, conducting clinical research, and evaluating trial results...
- Nomograms provide improved accuracy for predicting survival after radical cystectomyShahrokh F Shariat
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, and The Brady Urological Institute, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:6663-76. 2006To develop multivariate nomograms that determine the probabilities of all-cause and bladder cancer-specific survival after radical cystectomy and to compare their predictive accuracy to that of American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) ..
- Nomograms for prostate cancerAndrew J Stephenson
Section of Urologic Oncology, Glickman Urological Institute, Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
BJU Int 98:39-46. 2006
- Evaluation of a breast cancer nomogram for prediction of non-sentinel lymph node positivityN K Soni
Breast Surgery, Sydney Breast Cancer Institute, Sydney Cancer Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:958-64. 2005..This study evaluates the breast cancer nomogram (BCN), an online tool developed by Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center to determine the rate of non-SLN positivity, in an independent cohort of SLN positive patients...
- A nomogram for predicting low-volume/low-grade prostate cancer: a tool in selecting patients for active surveillanceHiroyuki Nakanishi
Department of Urology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 110:2441-7. 2007..On the basis of those findings, they developed a nomogram to predict the probability of low-volume/low-grade prostate cancer specifically for men with a single positive biopsy core...
- Prediction of organ-confined prostate cancer: incremental value of MR imaging and MR spectroscopic imaging to staging nomogramsLiang Wang
Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Radiology 238:597-603. 2006To assess retrospectively the incremental value of endorectal coil magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and combined endorectal MR imaging-MR spectroscopic imaging to the staging nomograms for predicting organ-confined prostate cancer (OCPC).
- Critical assessment of tools to predict clinically insignificant prostate cancer at radical prostatectomy in contemporary menFelix K H Chun
Department of Urology, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Cancer 113:701-9. 2008..Overtreatment of prostate cancer (PCa) is a concern, especially in patients who might qualify for the diagnosis of insignificant prostate cancer (IPCa). The ability to identify IPCa prior to definitive therapy was tested...
- Nomograms and medicineFernando J Bianco
Eur Urol 50:884-6. 2006
- Development, validation, and head-to-head comparison of logistic regression-based nomograms and artificial neural network models predicting prostate cancer on initial extended biopsySatoru Kawakami
Department of Urology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Eur Urol 54:601-11. 2008..Using cohorts examined by extended biopsy, we developed and validated multivariate models predicting prostate cancer on initial biopsy and examined whether these extended biopsy-based models outperform previously established models...
- Validation and limitations of use of a breast cancer nomogram predicting the likelihood of non-sentinel node involvement after positive sentinel node biopsySeverine Alran
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2195-201. 2007..The purpose of this study was to test the accuracy of the nomogram on patients with macrometastatic and micrometastatic SLN-positive biopsy findings...
- Simple nomograms to calculate sample size in diagnostic studiesS Carley
Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Emerg Med J 22:180-1. 2005..Diagnostic studies should have sample size calculations performed, but in practice, they are performed infrequently. This may be due to a reluctance on the part of researchers to use mathematical formulae...
- Can the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center nomogram predict the likelihood of nonsentinel lymph node metastases in breast cancer patients in the Netherlands?Marjolein L Smidt
Department of Surgical Oncology, C22, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, P O Box 9015, Nijmegen, 6500 GS, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 12:1066-72. 2005..The aim of this study was to test the accuracy of the nomogram on a population of Dutch breast cancer patients...
- Nomograms to predict serious adverse events in phase II clinical trials of molecularly targeted agentsGregory R Pond
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, 610 University Ave, Ste 5 718, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2M9, Canada
J Clin Oncol 26:1324-30. 2008....
- Evidence for the usefulness of nomogramsMichael W Kattan
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 4:638-9. 2007
- Radical prostatectomy in men aged >or=70 years: effect of age on upgrading, upstaging, and the accuracy of a preoperative nomogramLee Richstone
The Smith Institute for Urology, The North Shore LIJ Health System, NY, USA
BJU Int 101:541-6. 2008..To determine the effect of age on clinicopathological features, the accuracy of the preoperative nomogram, and survival after radical retropubic prostatectomy (RRP), as there are limited data on elderly men undergoing RRP...
- Prospectively validated dosing nomograms for maximizing the pharmacodynamics of vancomycin administered by continuous infusion in critically ill patientsFederico Pea
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Experimental and Clinical Pathology and Medicine, Medical School, University of Udine, 33100 Udine, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:1863-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to create dosing nomograms in relation to different creatinine clearance (CL(Cr)) estimates for use in daily clinical practice to target ..
- Preoperative and postoperative nomograms incorporating surgeon experience for clinically localized prostate cancerMichael W Kattan
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Cancer 115:1005-10. 2009..The purpose of this study was to develop and internally validate nomograms to predict the probability of recurrence, both preoperatively and postoperatively, with adjustment for standard ..
- Do nomograms predict aggressive recurrence after radical prostatectomy more accurately than biochemical recurrence alone?Florian R Schroeck
Division of Urologic Surgery, Department of Surgery, and Duke Prostate Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
BJU Int 103:603-8. 2009..To compare the predictive accuracy (PA) of existing models in estimating risk of biochemical recurrence (BCR) vs aggressive recurrence (BCR with a prostate-specific antigen, PSA, doubling time, DT, of <9 months)...
- Methodology of Phase I and II trials of anticancer CAMAndrew Vickers; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Validation of prognostic and pathway signatures in lethal prostate cancerSusan Halabi; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Nomograms and multi-variable tables identify men at high risk for recurrence following definitive local therapy but ..
- Pathogenesis of physical disability in Aging womenLinda P Fried; Fiscal Year: 2010..that of disease, and the potential role of frailty as a modifier of these relationships;d) to develop screening nomograms for clinical identification of those at high risk of severe disability and assess potential impact of ..
- STRUCTURAL NEUROCHEMISTRY OF RETINAL CIRCUITSRobert E Marc; Fiscal Year: 2013..Significance. The Mouse C57Bl/6J and Thy1-YFP/Syp retinal connectomes will be nomograms for studying the neurogenetics of mammalian retinal networks and analyzing the mechanisms driving retinal ..
- MiRNAs as prognostic markers for prostate cancer patients on active surveillanceRobert H Blelloch; Fiscal Year: 2012..PSA kinetics, biopsies, and nomograms are only modest predictors of adverse pathology following radical-prostatectomy, suggesting a need for novel ..
- HANKEY BENJAMIN F:1111758 [13-057663]BENJAMIN HANKEY; Fiscal Year: 2013Development of nomograms for predicting crude cancer specific and other cause survival statistics...
- RISK FACTORS FOR PHYSICAL DISABILITY IN AGING WOMENLinda Fried; Fiscal Year: 2004..modifiers of decline in function over time, and of remaining high functioning; and 4) develop practical clinical nomograms for screening for those at risk of disability in each pathway, and overall...
- Acetylator-based Individualized Dosing of AmonadifeJohn Lister James; Fiscal Year: 2005..We and others have previously developed dosing nomograms for amonafide in an effort to both reduce toxicity and increase response...
- BLOOD PRESSURE TRACKING--CHILDHOOD TO YOUNG ADULTHOODNancy Cook; Fiscal Year: 1993..From these models nomograms can be constructed which would be useful to physicians for prognostic purposes...
- MR Dynamic Imaging and Spectroscopy in Head & Neck CancersAMITA DAVE; Fiscal Year: 2010..If successful, it will provide an a priori predictor of failure/response to chemotherapy and/or long term disease free-survival, resulting in patient specific treatment which will likely enhance outcome. ..
- COREGISTERED IMAGES OF BREAST TUMORS BY MRI AND OPTICALBritton Chance; Fiscal Year: 2003..Large scale tests are available under other support where a direct comparison with not only MRI but also digital mammography, ultrasound and PET will secure the validation studies. ..
- MR Based Molecular Imaging of Prostate CancerJohn Kurhanewicz; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Hyperpolarized 13c NMR Studies of Prostate Cancer (RMI)John Kurhanewicz; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- MONITORING RADIATION THERAPY OF PROSTATE CANCER BY MRSIJohn Kurhanewicz; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is a translational project intended to provide new biochemical information about prostate cancer before and after radiation therapy and to aid in the translation of this technology into clinical practice. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hyperpolarized High Field NMR Facility For Metabolic Profiling Of Human DiseaseJohn Kurhanewicz; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Analysis of Ethnic Admixture in Lung CancerJill Barnholtz Sloan; Fiscal Year: 2006..These projects will give me experience in developing methodology in statistical genetics and genetic epidemiology, while also helping me to better understand etiology of disease. ..
- Clinical Approaches to Ileal Pouch DysfunctionBo Shen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The AIMS of study are to 1) investigate visceral hypersensitivity using barostat examination of the pouch; 2) conduct a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial evaluating the use of amitriptyline in IPS. ..
- COREGISTERED IMAGES OF BREAST TUMORS BY MRI AND OPTICALBritton Chance; Fiscal Year: 2002..Large scale tests are available under other support where a direct comparison with not only MRI but also digital mammography, ultrasound and PET will secure the validation studies. ..
- CLINICAL TRIALS AND MENTORING IN ONCOLOGY RESEARCHRobert Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2003..One recently joined staff at MSKCC in the Genito-urinary Section. Mentoring of clinical trials is extended beyond fellowship to junior faculty members. ..
- Molecular Dissection of Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaMark Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2004..b) Validation of tissue markers using MTOPS samples. Aim 4: Validation of candidate serum biomarkers of symptomatic BPH. a) Serum Microarray Validation using Michigan samples. b) Validation of serum markers using MTOPS samples. ..
- ACTION - A CHF Trial Investigating Outcomes of ExerciseCHRISTOPHER O CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2008..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- PUBLIC HEALTH STUDY OF MAMMOGRAM INTERPTETETIONCraig Beam; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our sampling design and statistical methods will minimize and control for possible biases coming from self-selection by radiologists. ..
- Images of Quantified Hypoxic Stress in MuscleBritton Chance; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our especial goals are improving geriatric performance and detecting mitochondrial disease. See Appendix A for Glossary. ..
- Improving the Measurement of PsychopathologyCAROL WOODS; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Low dose digital X-rays for mammographic screeningChristopher Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2006..During the last 6 months of the project in phase 2, we will conduct a limited clinical trial of 20 patients, focusing on comfort, breast coverage and diagnostic equivalence. ..
- FUNCTIONAL OPTICAL IMAGING OF BRAIN INJURY (fNIRI)Britton Chance; Fiscal Year: 2005..These projects represent logical continuations of current activities into new and related researches. ..
- 2 & 3D Imaging of Contrast Agents in Animal ModelsBritton Chance; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BREAST CANCER HYPOXIA ASSESSED BY NITRIC OXIDEBritton Chance; Fiscal Year: 2002..If ourintended goals of demonstrating feasibility are achieved, then application for support through regular RO1channels would appear to be justified. ..
- Molecular Basis Of Renal Cell Carcinoma Response to SU11428Robert J Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2011..These tumor and cell line-based studies lay a foundation for further molecular studies aimed at understanding the sensitivity/resistance of RCC to SU11248. ..
- Therapeutic Modulation of COX-2-induced Immunosuppression in Metastatic RCCBrian Rini; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will have broad implications for the immunoregulation of cancer and how expression and modulation of COX-2 expression influences the immune response to cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CaP Metastasis Biomarkers: Validation/Genomics/BiologyPamela Paris; Fiscal Year: 2009..in a blinded study and compare their ability to predict recurrence to the UCSF-CAPRA and Kattan risk assessment nomograms. To focus our studies on the highest value loci we will employ comparative oncogenomics and integrate GEMCaP ..