Genomes and Genes
Summary: An instrument for reproducing sounds especially articulate speech at a distance. (Webster, 3rd ed)
Publications389 found, 100 shown here
- Telemonitoring or structured telephone support programmes for patients with chronic heart failure: systematic review and meta-analysisRobyn A Clark
Division of Health Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
BMJ 334:942. 2007To determine whether remote monitoring (structured telephone support or telemonitoring) without regular clinic or home visits improves outcomes for patients with chronic heart failure.
- Overcoming Depression on the Internet (ODIN) (2): a randomized trial of a self-help depression skills program with remindersGreg Clarke
Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research, Portland, OR 97227 1098, USA
J Med Internet Res 7:e16. 2005..We hypothesized that methods to increase participant usage of the intervention, such as postcard or telephone reminders, might result in significant effects on depression.
- Which components of heart failure programmes are effective? A systematic review and meta-analysis of the outcomes of structured telephone support or telemonitoring as the primary component of chronic heart failure management in 8323 patients: Abridged CocSally C Inglis
Preventative Health, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute and Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
Eur J Heart Fail 13:1028-40. 2011Telemonitoring (TM) and structured telephone support (STS) have the potential to deliver specialized management to more patients with chronic heart failure (CHF), but their efficacy is still to be proven...
- Telephone-delivered interventions for physical activity and dietary behavior change: an updated systematic reviewAna D Goode
Cancer Prevention Research Centre, School of Population Health, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Am J Prev Med 42:81-8. 2012b>Telephone-delivered interventions targeting physical activity and dietary change have potential for broad population reach and thus have a role to play in addressing increasing rates of lifestyle-related chronic diseases...
- A randomized trial of a telephone care-management strategyDavid E Wennberg
Health Dialog Services, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 363:1245-55. 2010Studies have shown that telephone interventions designed to promote patients' self-management skills and improve patient-physician communication can increase patients' satisfaction and their use of preventive services...
- Safety of telephone triage in out-of-hours care: a systematic reviewLinda Huibers
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Scientific Institute for Quality of Healthcare, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Scand J Prim Health Care 29:198-209. 2011b>Telephone triage in patients requesting help may compromise patient safety, particularly if urgency is underestimated and the patient is not seen by a physician...
- Internet-based CBT for depression with and without telephone tracking in a national helpline: randomised controlled trialLouise Farrer
Centre for Mental Health Research, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e28099. 2011b>Telephone helplines are frequently and repeatedly used by individuals with chronic mental health problems and web interventions may be an effective tool for reducing depression in this population.
- Telephone peer-delivered intervention for diabetes motivation and support: the telecare exploratory RCTJeremy Dale
Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Patient Educ Couns 75:91-8. 2009To test trial design issues related to measuring the effectiveness of a peer telephone intervention to enhance self-efficacy in type 2 diabetes; evaluate the impact on self-efficacy and clinical outcome; and describe patient and peer ..
- Development and validation of an automatic speech-in-noise screening test by telephoneCas Smits
Department of Otolaryngology Audiology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Audiol 43:15-28. 2004..The test was made fully automatic, was controlled by a computer, and can be done by telephone. It measures the speech reception threshold (triplet SRT(n)) using an adaptive procedure, in about 3 min...
- Public perceptions, anxiety, and behaviour change in relation to the swine flu outbreak: cross sectional telephone surveyG James Rubin
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Psychological Medicine, Weston Education Centre, London SE5 9RJ
BMJ 339:b2651. 2009..To assess whether perceptions of the swine flu outbreak predicted changes in behaviour among members of the public in England, Scotland, and Wales...
- The cost effectiveness of a telephone-based pharmacy advisory service to improve adherence to newly prescribed medicinesRachel A Elliott
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Pharm World Sci 30:17-23. 2008This "proof of concept" study aimed to assess the cost effectiveness of pharmacists giving advice via telephone, to patients receiving a new medicine for a chronic condition, in England.
- Assessing mental health in primary care research using standardized scales: can it be carried out over the telephone?M Evans
Division of Primary Health Care, University of Bristol, Cotham Hill
Psychol Med 34:157-62. 2004b>Telephone interviewing has economic and logistical advantages but has not been widely used in the UK...
- Optimizing the tracking of falls in studies of older participants: comparison of quarterly telephone recall with monthly falls calendars in the MOBILIZE Boston StudyMarian T Hannan
Institute for Aging Research, Hebrew SeniorLife, 1200 Centre Street, Boston, MA 02131 1097, USA
Am J Epidemiol 171:1031-6. 2010..October 2007 and February 2008, the authors compared participants' daily recordings of falls on calendars with a telephone survey of recall of falls over the previous 3 months within the population-based MOBILIZE Boston Study cohort, a ..
- The impact of follow-up telephone calls to patients after hospitalizationV Dudas
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco 94143-0903, USA
Am J Med 111:26S-30S. 2001..whether pharmacists involved in discharge planning can improve patient satisfaction and outcomes by providing telephone follow-up after hospital discharge...
- Postal surveys of physicians gave superior response rates over telephone interviews in a randomized trialJane S Hocking
Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health Research, Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health and the School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Epidemiol 59:521-4. 2006To compare general practitioner (GP) response to a telephone interview with response to a postal survey with three reminders in a randomized controlled trial.
- Remote treatment of panic disorder: a randomized trial of internet-based cognitive behavior therapy supplemented with telephone callsPer Carlbring
Department of Behavioural Sciences, Linkoping University, SE 581 83 Linkoping, Sweden
Am J Psychiatry 163:2119-25. 2006This study evaluated a 10-week Internet-based bibliotherapy self-help program with short weekly telephone calls for people suffering from panic disorder with or without agoraphobia.
- Adherence to diabetes control recommendations: impact of nurse telephone callsHee Seung Kim
College of Nursing, The Catholic University, Seoul, Korea
J Adv Nurs 44:256-61. 2003..Type 2 diabetes mellitus is increasing in incidence and research has shown that normalization of blood glucose levels can moderate the risk of microvascular and neurological complications...
- Are lower response rates hazardous to your health survey? An analysis of three state telephone health surveysMichael Davern
University of Chicago, 55 E Monroe, Suite 3000, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Health Serv Res 45:1324-44. 2010To examine the impact of response rate variation on survey estimates and costs in three health telephone surveys.
- Comparison of an SMS text messaging and phone reminder to improve attendance at a health promotion center: a randomized controlled trialZhou Wen Chen
Department of General Practice, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310016, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 9:34-8. 2008..To compare the efficacy of a short messaging service (SMS) text messaging and phone reminder to improve attendance rates at a health promotion center...
- A review of telephone coaching services for people with long-term conditionsAndrew J Hutchison
Sheffield Hallam University, UK
J Telemed Telecare 17:451-8. 2011In one-to-one telephone coaching, the patient receives regular telephone calls from a health professional. We have reviewed the evidence for one-to-one telephone coaching...
- A randomized controlled trial of telephone peer support's influence on breastfeeding duration in adolescent mothersG Di Meglio
Department of Pediatrics, Montreal Children s Hospital McGill University Health Center, Quebec, Canada
Breastfeed Med 5:41-7. 2010Adolescent mothers breastfeed less often and for a shorter duration than adult mothers. This randomized controlled trial was designed to evaluate the effect of telephone peer support on breastfeeding duration among adolescents.
- Telephone counseling for physical activity and diet in primary care patientsElizabeth Eakin
Cancer Prevention Research Centre, School of Population Health, The University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia
Am J Prev Med 36:142-9. 2009..The delivery of effective interventions to assist patients to improve their physical activity and dietary behaviors is a challenge in the busy primary care setting...
- Web-based cognitive behavior therapy for depression with and without telephone tracking in a national helpline: secondary outcomes from a randomized controlled trialLouise Farrer
Centre for Mental Health Research, The Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
J Med Internet Res 14:e68. 2012An earlier report indicated that callers to a telephone counseling service benefited from the addition of an evidence-based Web intervention for depression...
- Cellular-telephone use and brain tumorsP D Inskip
Epidemiology and Biostatistics Program, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
N Engl J Med 344:79-86. 2001..If such a risk does exist, the matter would be of considerable public health importance, given the rapid increase worldwide in the use of these devices...
- New challenges for telephone survey research in the twenty-first centuryAngela M Kempf
Population Health Institute, Department of Population Health Sciences, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53726, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 28:113-26. 2007b>Telephone surveys are critical for examining cross-sectional characteristics of population subgroups, tracking trends in prevalence of conditions and risk behaviors over time, identifying risk factors associated with multiple health ..
- Telephone care management to improve cancer screening among low-income women: a randomized, controlled trialAllen J Dietrich
Norris Cotton Cancer Center and Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Ann Intern Med 144:563-71. 2006..Minority and low-income women receive fewer cancer screenings than other women...
- A randomized trial of Internet and telephone treatment for smoking cessationAmanda L Graham
Schroeder Institute for Tobacco Research and Policy Studies, American Legacy Foundation, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:46-53. 2011This study aimed to determine the relative effect of Internet and Internet plus telephone treatment for smoking cessation on smoking abstinence among US adults...
- How we do it: The Dutch functional hearing-screening tests by telephone and internetC Smits
Clin Otolaryngol 31:436-40. 2006..Keypoints * The Dutch National Hearing Test is a reliable and very successful functional hearing-screening test by telephone. An internet version of the National Hearing Test was also implemented...
- Telephone psychotherapy and telephone care management for primary care patients starting antidepressant treatment: a randomized controlled trialGregory E Simon
Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, Wash 98101, USA
JAMA 292:935-42. 2004..Both antidepressant medication and structured psychotherapy have been proven efficacious, but less than one third of people with depressive disorders receive effective levels of either treatment...
- Driven to distraction: dual-Task studies of simulated driving and conversing on a cellular telephoneD L Strayer
Department of Psychology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112 0251, USA
Psychol Sci 12:462-6. 2001..We suggest that cellular-phone use disrupts performance by diverting attention to an engaging cognitive context other than the one immediately associated with driving...
- Telephone-delivered collaborative care for treating post-CABG depression: a randomized controlled trialBruce L Rollman
Division of General Internal Medicine, Center for Research on Health Care, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
JAMA 302:2095-103. 2009..Depressive symptoms commonly follow coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery and are associated with less positive clinical outcomes...
- The effects of telephone consultation and triage on healthcare use and patient satisfaction: a systematic reviewFrances Bunn
Centre for Research in Primary and Community Care, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield
Br J Gen Pract 55:956-61. 2005In recent years there has been a growth in the use of the telephone consultation for healthcare problems. This has developed, in part, as a response to increased demand for GP and accident and emergency department care.
- Comparison of telephone and face-to-face assessment of the modified Rankin ScalePaula M Janssen
Department of Neurology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cerebrovasc Dis 29:137-9. 2010..b>Telephone interview is a fast and convenient way to assess the mRS grade, but its validity is unknown...
- Effects of an automated telephone support system on caregiver burden and anxiety: findings from the REACH for TLC intervention studyDiane Feeney Mahoney
Family Caregiving Technology Research and Development, Hebrew Rehabilitation Center for Aged, Research and Training Institute, 1200 Centre Street, Boston, MA 02131 1097, USA
Gerontologist 43:556-67. 2003....
- Diabetes control with reciprocal peer support versus nurse care management: a randomized trialMichele Heisler
University of Michigan and Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48113 0170, USA
Ann Intern Med 153:507-15. 2010..Resource barriers complicate diabetes care management. Support from peers may help patients manage their diabetes...
- Reducing bias in telephone survey estimates of the prevalence of drug use: a randomized trial of telephone audio-CASICharles F Turner
Program in Health and Behavior Measurement, Research Triangle Institute, Washington DC 20036, USA
Addiction 100:1432-44. 2005To assess the impact of telephone audio computer-assisted self-interviewing (T-ACASI) on reporting of alcohol use, alcohol problems and illicit drug use in telephone surveys of the general population...
- Effect of a standardized nurse case-management telephone intervention on resource use in patients with chronic heart failureBarbara Riegel
School of Nursing, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182 4158, USA
Arch Intern Med 162:705-12. 2002..Case management is believed to promote continuity of care and decrease hospitalization rates, although few controlled trials have tested this approach...
- Effect of telephone exercise counseling on frailty in older veterans: project LIFEMatthew J Peterson
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Am J Mens Health 1:326-34. 2007This study sought to determine if telephone exercise counseling attenuates frailty in older, male veterans through increased levels of physical activity. Eighty-one elderly, male veterans (age = 78.4 +/- 4...
- Nurses' experiences with telephone triage and advice: a meta-ethnographyRebecca J Purc-Stephenson
Department of Social Sciences, University of Alberta, Augustana Campus, Canada
J Adv Nurs 66:482-94. 2010This study is a meta-ethnography of nurses' experiences with telephone triage and advice and factors that facilitate or impede their decision-making process.
- 'PhysioDirect' telephone assessment and advice services for physiotherapy: protocol for a pragmatic randomised controlled trialChris Salisbury
Academic Unit of Primary Health Care, Department of Community Based Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 2AA, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 9:136. 2009..Physiotherapists offer initial assessment and advice by telephone, supported by computerised algorithms, and patients are sent written self-management and exercise advice by post...
- Is ambulance telephone triage using advanced medical priority dispatch protocols able to identify patients with acute stroke correctly?C D Deakin
South Central Ambulance Service NHS Trust, North Wing, Southern House, Sparrowgrove, Otterbourne, Hants, UK
Emerg Med J 26:442-5. 2009..In order to identify and triage these patients effectively as life-threatening emergencies, telephone-based ambulance software must have high sensitivity and specificity when using verbal descriptions to identify ..
- Economic evaluation of a weight control program with e-mail and telephone counseling among overweight employees: a randomized controlled trialMarieke F van Wier
Department of Public and Occupational Health, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 9:112. 2012..The purpose of this study was to perform an economic evaluation of a six-month program with lifestyle counseling aimed at weight reduction in an overweight working population with a two-year time horizon from a societal perspective...
- Two-year outcomes of an adjunctive telephone coaching and electronic contact intervention for adolescent weight-loss maintenance: the Loozit randomized controlled trialB Nguyen
University of Sydney Clinical School, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, NSW, Australia
Int J Obes (Lond) 37:468-72. 2013..ATC involved telephone coaching or short-message-service and/or email communication once per fortnight...
- The effect of a telephone-based health coaching disease management program on Medicaid members with chronic conditionsWen Chieh Lin
Center for Health Policy and Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Shrewsbury, MA 01545, USA
Med Care 50:91-8. 2012..In addition, few peer-reviewed studies have examined the effect of these programs on publicly insured populations...
- Investigation of the actions taken by adults who failed a telephone-based hearing screenCarly Meyer
HEARing CRC, Australia
Ear Hear 32:720-31. 2011..The purpose of this study was to investigate the actions taken by those who failed Telscreen, a telephone-based screening tool for hearing loss, and to increase our understanding of factors that influence taking action.
- Telephone-based coping skills training for patients awaiting lung transplantationJames A Blumenthal
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 74:535-44. 2006..authors randomly assigned 328 patients with end-stage lung disease awaiting lung transplantation to 12 weeks of telephone-based coping skills training (CST) or to usual medical care (UMC)...
- Validity of self-reported colorectal cancer screening behaviorM Baier
American Medical Center Cancer Research Center, Lakewood, Colorado 80214, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 9:229-32. 2000..This study was designed to evaluate and optimize the reliability of a computer-assisted telephone interview for collecting self-reported colorectal cancer screening behavior...
- Tailored telephone education to promote awareness and adoption of fruit and vegetable recommendations among urban and mostly immigrant black men: a randomized controlled trialRandi L Wolf
Ella McCollum Vahlteich Endowment, Department of Health and Behavior Studies, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Prev Med 48:32-8. 2009..Fruit and vegetable (FV) intake in black men are far below national recommendations...
- Free nicotine patches plus proactive telephone peer support to help low-income women stop smokingL J Solomon
Department of Psychology, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405, USA
Prev Med 31:68-74. 2000This study tested the impact of free nicotine patches plus proactive telephone peer support to help low-income women stop smoking.
- Telephone screening tests for functionally impaired hearing: current use in seven countries and development of a US versionCharles S Watson
Communication Disorders Technology, Inc, Indiana University Research Park, Bloomington, IN, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 23:757-67. 2012..2). Since 2004, telephone administered screening tests utilizing three-digit sequences presented in noise have been developed, validated, ..
- The evidence for and against 'PhysioDirect' telephone assessment and advice servicesNadine E Foster
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele ST5 5BG, UK
Physiotherapy 97:78-82. 2011..Within these services, physiotherapists offer initial assessment and advice by telephone, sometimes supported by computerised algorithms, and patients are sent written self-management and exercise ..
- Direct telemarketing of smoking cessation interventions: will smokers take the call?C L Paul
Centre for Health Research and Psycho oncology, Cancer Council of New South Wales, NSW, Australia
Addiction 99:907-13. 2004..This study aimed to explore the feasibility of a telephone-based direct-marketing approach to delivering cessation strategies...
- Group-randomized trial of a proactive, personalized telephone counseling intervention for adolescent smoking cessationArthur V Peterson
Cancer Prevention Program, Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1378-92. 2009The Hutchinson Study of High School Smoking randomized trial was designed to rigorously evaluate a proactive, personalized telephone counseling intervention for adolescent smoking cessation.
- An internet-based self-management program with telephone support for adolescents with arthritis: a pilot randomized controlled trialJennifer N Stinson
Child Health Evaluative Sciences, Chronic Pain Program, Department of Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Rheumatol 37:1944-52. 2010..self-management program of disease-specific information, self-management strategies, and social support with telephone support for youth with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) and their parents, aimed at reducing physical and ..
- Prevention for substance-using HIV-positive young people: telephone and in-person deliveryMary Jane Rotheram-Borus
Department of Psychiatry and AIDS Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:S68-77. 2004..and 42% Latino; 69% gay men) were randomly assigned to a 3-module intervention totaling 18 sessions delivered by telephone, in person, or a delayed-intervention condition...
- A randomized comparison of A-CASI and phone interviews to assess STD/HIV-related risk behaviors in teensJonathan M Ellen
Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Adolesc Health 31:26-30. 2002To compare response bias associated with a telephone survey of sexually transmitted disease/human immunodeficiency virus (STD/HIV)-related risk behaviors and an in-home self-administered audio computer assisted self interview (A-CASI).
- How internet telephony could improve communication for hearing-impaired individualsGeorgios Mantokoudis
University Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Otol Neurotol 31:1014-21. 2010..To test, whether modern Internet telephony with a broadband transmission (0.1-8 kHz) of speech improves speech perception in comparison to conventional telephony (0.3-3.5 kHz) in hearing-impaired and normal-hearing adults...
- Telephone-administered motivational interviewing to reduce risky sexual behavior in HIV-infected rural persons: a pilot randomized clinical trialDavid Cosio
Department of Psychology, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701, USA
Sex Transm Dis 37:140-6. 2010..This pilot randomized clinical trial compared 2 brief telephone-administered interventions designed to reduce continued risky sexual behaviors in HIV-infected rural persons.
- Effectiveness of phone and e-mail lifestyle counseling for long term weight control among overweight employeesMarieke F van Wier
Department of Public and Occupational Health and The EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Occup Environ Med 53:680-6. 2011..To determine the effectiveness of a weight-management program with personal counseling by phone or e-mail...
- What happens between visits? Adverse and potential adverse events among a low-income, urban, ambulatory population with diabetesUrmimala Sarkar
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, Center for Vulnerable Populations, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California 94143 1364, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 19:223-8. 2010..An automated telephone self-management support programme for a diverse population of diabetes patients was implemented to capture AEs, ..
- Automated telephone screening for problem drinkingAmy Rubin
Addiction Services WEH 101, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, 16 Blossom Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Stud Alcohol 67:454-7. 2006..Participants' willingness to use such a system to learn about and change their drinking behavior was also assessed...
- An interactive voice response system to continue a hospital-based smoking cessation intervention after dischargeSusan Regan
General Medicine Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 13:255-60. 2011..Hospitalized smokers benefit from tobacco counseling received in hospital only if it continues after discharge. Interactive voice response (IVR) technology may be useful in delivering this care...
- The effect of a scheduled telephone intervention on outcome after moderate to severe traumatic brain injury: a randomized trialKathleen R Bell
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 86:851-6. 2005To measure the effectiveness of a scheduled telephone intervention offering counseling and education to people with traumatic brain injury (TBI) on behavioral outcomes compared with standard follow-up at 1 year postinjury.
- Phone and e-mail counselling are effective for weight management in an overweight working population: a randomized controlled trialMarieke F van Wier
Department of Public and Occupational Health EMGO Institute, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 9:6. 2009..Secondary purposes were to establish effects on waist circumference and lifestyle behaviours, and to assess which communication method is the most effective...
- Phone and web-based tobacco cessation treatment: real-world utilization patterns and outcomes for 11,000 tobacco usersSusan M Zbikowski
Free and Clear, Inc, 999 Third Avenue, Suite 2100, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Med Internet Res 10:e41. 2008..Many cessation treatments are commercially available, but few integrate the phone and Web for delivery and no published studies exist for integrated programs...
- Is there a bias against telephone interviews in qualitative research?Gina Novick
Yale School of Nursing, New Haven, CT, USA
Res Nurs Health 31:391-8. 2008b>Telephone interviews are largely neglected in the qualitative research literature and, when discussed, they are often depicted as a less attractive alternative to face-to-face interviewing...
- Brain tumors and salivary gland cancers among cellular telephone usersAnssi Auvinen
Finnish Cancer Registry and STUK Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority, Helsinki
Epidemiology 13:356-9. 2002..Possible risk of cancer associated with use of cellular telephones has lately been a subject of public debate...
- Telephone counseling for population-based smoking cessationPatricia M Smith
Department of Health Studies and Gerontology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada
Am J Health Behav 28:231-41. 2004To examine the options for use, efficiency, and effectiveness for structuring a population-based telephone smoking-cessation service.
- Failure of automated telephone outreach with speech recognition to improve colorectal cancer screening: a randomized controlled trialSteven R Simon
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:264-70. 2010Automated telephone outreach with speech recognition (ATO-SR) is used extensively by health plans. Whether ATO-SR can increase rates of colorectal cancer (CRC) screening is unknown.
- Effect of telecare management on pain and depression in patients with cancer: a randomized trialKurt Kroenke
Center for Implementing Evidence Based Practice, Richard Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA
JAMA 304:163-71. 2010..Pain and depression are 2 of the most prevalent and treatable cancer-related symptoms, yet they frequently go unrecognized, undertreated, or both...
- Prevalence of peanut and tree nut allergy in the United States determined by means of a random digit dial telephone survey: a 5-year follow-up studyScott H Sicherer
Department of Pediatrics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:1203-7. 2003..Allergy to peanuts and tree nuts (TNs) is the leading cause of fatal and near-fatal food allergic reactions. Peanut allergy appears to be increasing in prevalence...
- Internet- vs. telephone-administered questionnaires in a randomized trial of smoking cessationAmanda L Graham
Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies, Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 8:S49-57. 2006..Following baseline telephone assessment and randomization into the parent trial, participants were recruited to the reliability substudy...
- Fewer emergency readmissions and better quality of life for older adults at risk of hospital readmission: a randomized controlled trial to determine the effectiveness of a 24-week exercise and telephone follow-up programMary Courtney
Faculty of Health, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:395-402. 2009..To evaluate the effect of an exercise-based model of hospital and in-home follow-up care for older people at risk of hospital readmission on emergency health service utilization and quality of life...
- Following up nonrespondents to an online weight management intervention: randomized trial comparing mail versus telephoneMick P Couper
Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Med Internet Res 9:e16. 2007..Attrition, or dropout, is a problem faced by many online health interventions, potentially threatening the inferential value of online randomized controlled trials...
- Telehealth interventions for the secondary prevention of coronary heart disease: a systematic reviewLis Neubeck
Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 16:281-9. 2009..Studies were selected if they evaluated a telephone, videoconference, or web-based intervention, provided objective measurements of mortality, changes in multiple ..
- Addressing overreporting on the International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ) telephone survey with a population sampleRandy Rzewnicki
Faculty of Physical Education and Physical Therapy, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Tervuursevest 101, B3000 Leuven, Belgium
Public Health Nutr 6:299-305. 2003To examine a possible problem of overreporting and to describe the degree of error with the International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ) short telephone protocol.
- Measuring health-related quality of life in adolescents and young adults: Swedish normative data for the SF-36 and the HADS, and the influence of age, gender, and method of administrationAnna Jörngården
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Psychosocial Oncology, Uppsala University, Uppsala Science Park, Dag Hammarskjölds väg 10 B, S 751 83 Uppsala, Sweden
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:91. 2006..Additionally, the influence of age and gender, as well as method of administration, was investigated...
- Reducing the unmet needs of patients with colorectal cancer: a feasibility study of The Pathfinder Volunteer ProgramMichelle L Macvean
The Cancer Council Victoria, 1 Rathdowne Street, Carlton, Victoria, 3053, Australia
Support Care Cancer 15:293-9. 2007..This paper describes a volunteer-delivered intervention to reduce the psychosocial needs of cancer patients and presents findings from a feasibility study of this intervention...
- Improving public health surveillance using a dual-frame survey of landline and cell phone numbersS Sean Hu
Office of Surveillance, Epidemiology and Laboratory Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2500 Century Parkway, MS E 97, Atlanta, GA 30345, USA
Am J Epidemiol 173:703-11. 2011To meet challenges arising from increasing rates of noncoverage in US landline-based telephone samples due to cell-phone-only households, the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) expanded a traditional landline-based random ..
- Telephone consultationsJosip Car
Department of Primary Health Care and General Practice, Imperial College, London SW7 2AZ
BMJ 326:966-9. 2003
- Telephone interventions for physical activity and dietary behavior change: a systematic reviewElizabeth G Eakin
Cancer Prevention Research Centre, School of Population Health, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Am J Prev Med 32:419-34. 2007..For this purpose, telephone counseling interventions have considerable potential.
- Effect of peer support on prevention of postnatal depression among high risk women: multisite randomised controlled trialC L Dennis
Lawrence S Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
BMJ 338:a3064. 2009To evaluate the effectiveness of telephone based peer support in the prevention of postnatal depression.
- The effectiveness and cost effectiveness of telephone counselling and the nicotine patch in a state tobacco quitlineJack F Hollis
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, OR 97227, USA
Tob Control 16:i53-9. 2007..We examined the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of offering callers single session versus multisession counselling, with or without free nicotine patches...
- Telephone screening, outreach, and care management for depressed workers and impact on clinical and work productivity outcomes: a randomized controlled trialPhilip S Wang
Division of Services and Intervention Research, National Institute of Mental Health, Rockville, Maryland, USA
JAMA 298:1401-11. 2007..Organized depression care programs significantly improve treatment quality, but employer purchasers have been slow to adopt these programs based on lack of evidence for cost-effectiveness from their perspective...
- Handheld cellular telephone use and risk of brain cancerJ E Muscat
American Health Foundation, 1 Dana Rd, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
JAMA 284:3001-7. 2000..A relative paucity of data exist on the possible health effects of using cellular telephones...
- Impact of mailed and automated telephone reminders on receipt of repeat mammograms: a randomized controlled trialJessica T DeFrank
Gillings School of Global Public Health, Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Am J Prev Med 36:459-67. 2009..This study compares the efficacy of three types of reminders in promoting annual repeat mammography screening...
- Do parents understand immunizations? A national telephone surveyB G Gellin
Department of Preventive Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Pediatrics 106:1097-102. 2000..Significant erosion of public confidence in vaccine safety could lead to reduced immunization rates and a resurgence of vaccine-preventable diseases...
- Controlled trial of Internet-based treatment with telephone support for chronic back painMonica Buhrman
Department of Psychology, Uppsala University, Box 12 25, SE 751 42 Uppsala, Sweden
Pain 111:368-77. 2004..purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of an Internet-based cognitive-behavioral intervention with telephone support for chronic back pain...
- The effect of GP telephone triage on numbers seeking same-day appointmentsMoyez Jiwa
University of Sheffield, Institute of General Practice and Primary Care, General Sciences Centre, Northern General Hospital
Br J Gen Pract 52:390-1. 2002b>Telephone consultations with general practitioners (GPs) have not been shown to be an effective way to reduce the demandfor face-to face appointments during the surgery hours...
- Utility of TICS-M for the assessment of cognitive function in older adultsCeleste A de Jager
Oxford Project to Investigate Memory and Ageing and University Department of Pharmacology, Oxford, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:318-24. 2003..The Telephone Interview of Cognitive Status is a novel instrument for assessment of cognitive function that can be ..
- Evaluation of a telephone-based stepped care intervention for alcohol-related disorders: a randomized controlled trialGallus Bischof
University of Luebeck, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Luebeck, Federal Republic of Germany
Drug Alcohol Depend 93:244-51. 2008..The present study compares a full care brief intervention for patients with at-risk drinking, alcohol abuse or dependence with a stepped care approach in a randomized controlled trial...
- Vitalum study design: RCT evaluating the efficacy of tailored print communication and telephone motivational interviewing on multiple health behaviorsHilde M van Keulen
Department of Health Education and Health Promotion, School for Public Health and Primary Care CAPHRI, Maastricht University, P O Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 8:216. 2008..The Vitalum project aims to compare the efficacy of these techniques in improving the health behaviors of adults aged 45-70. This paper describes the design of the Vitalum study...
- Spanish diabetes self-management with and without automated telephone reinforcement: two randomized trialsKate Lorig
Stanford University School of Medicine, 2000 Welch Rd, Ste 204, Palo Alto, California 40304, USA
Diabetes Care 31:408-14. 2008..in health status, health behaviors, and self-efficacy; and 2) whether SDSMP participants receiving monthly automated telephone reinforcement would maintain improvements at 18 months better than those not receiving reinforcement.
- A telephone-delivered physical activity and dietary intervention for type 2 diabetes and hypertension: does intervention dose influence outcomes?Ana D Goode
Cancer Prevention Research Centre, School of Population Health, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Am J Health Promot 25:257-63. 2011To examine associations of intervention dose with behavior change outcomes in a telephone counseling intervention for physical activity and dietary change.
- A comparison of depression prevalence estimates measured by the Patient Health Questionnaire with two administration modes: computer-assisted telephone interviewing versus computer-assisted personal interviewingChaoyang Li
Division of Behavioral Surveillance, Office of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Int J Public Health 57:225-33. 2012..To compare depression prevalence estimates measured by the 8-item Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-8) with two administration modes in two national surveys...
- Using telephone interviews to reduce nonresponse bias to mail surveys of health plan membersFloyd Jackson Fowler
Center for Survey Research, University of Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts 02125, USA
Med Care 40:190-200. 2002To assess the nonresponse bias associated with mail-survey returns and the potential for telephone interviews with nonrespondents to reduce that bias.
- Repeatability and validity of a combined mail and telephone questionnaire on demographics, diet, exercise and health status in an insured-dog populationM H Sallander
Department of Animal Nutrition and Management, Swedish University of Agriculture Sciences, PO Box 7024, S 750 07, Uppsala, Sweden
Prev Vet Med 50:35-51. 2001The validity and repeatability of a telephone questionnaire on demographics, diet, living patterns, exercise and health status in a well-defined dog population was assessed...
- Telephone notification of HIV test results: impact in King County, WashingtonLaura A McKinstry
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Genetics, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98195 7720, USA
Sex Transm Dis 34:796-800. 2007We evaluated if receiving HIV test results over the telephone was associated with a change in the number of persons who received results.
- [A randomized trial of pharmacotherapy with telephone monitoring to improve treatment of depression in primary care in Santiago, Chile]Rosemarie Fritsch
Hospital Clinico, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 135:587-95. 2007..Depression is a public health problem, due to its high prevalence and its associated disability...
- Telephone monitoring of distress in patients aged 65 years or older with advanced stage cancer: a cancer and leukemia group B studyAlice B Kornblith
Breast Oncology Program, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 107:2706-14. 2006..patients (aged 65 years and older) would be reduced with educational materials (EM) supplemented by monthly telephone monitoring (TM) (TM + EM) compared with the use of EM alone because of more timely referrals to appropriate ..
- Resurfacing the care in nursing by telephone: lessons from ambulatory oncologyRosemary Wilson
Empire 2, Kingston General Hospital, 76 Stuart Street, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 2V7
Nurs Outlook 50:160-4. 2002The practice of providing telephone mediated advice and assistance is often described as "telephone triage" in relevant literature...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..device, a personal monitor that has a head unit with a viewer and internal screen, and a modem connected to a telephone cord. This cord must be attached to a land telephone line so that it can send data to the sponsor...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..device, a personal monitor that has a head unit with a viewer and internal screen, and a modem connected to a telephone cord. This cord must be attached to a land telephone line so that it can send data to the sponsor...
- NIEHS SUPPORT OF THE AHS COHORT STUDY AT NCICharles Knott; Fiscal Year: 2010..questionnaire and from 1998 through September 2003 and again from 2004 through 2010 computer assisted telephone interviews have updated the information collected at enrollment...
- THE AGRICULTURAL HEALTH STUDY - FIELD STATIONSCharles Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2010..questionnaire and from 1998 through September 2003 and again from 2004 through 2010 computer assisted telephone interviews have updated the information collected at enrollment...
- Behavioral Activation Therapy for Rural Veterans with Diabetes and DepressionAanand Dinkar Naik; Fiscal Year: 2013..HOPE participants will also receive 8 behavioral coaching telephone sessions and four booster sessions over a six month period...
- AMERICAN SOCIETY OF HUMAN GENETICS PUBLIC HEALTH GENETICS FELLOWSHIPJoann A Boughman; Fiscal Year: 2011..Prefix [unreadable] First Name Middle Name 'l-ast Name Suffix Boughman TItie: Executive Vice President Telephone No.: 301 634 7307 Date: completed on submission to Grants.gov [unreadable]*-[unreadable] r,,'1--I ^O'-...
- Tobacco Control Research Branch Scientific and Technical Services SupportKOURTNEY MARSHALL; Fiscal Year: 2009..DB Consulting shall interact on a weekly basis, either through personal contact, telephone or e-mail with the Project Officer...
- Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor Density and Veteran Cigarette SmokersArthur Brody; Fiscal Year: 2013..Participants will undergo the following sequence of procedures: (1) telephone/in-person screening, (2) a bolus-plus-continuous-infusion 2- FA positron emission tomography (PET) scanning ..
- VISUAL SCIENCES TRAINING PROGRAMEric Pearlman; Fiscal Year: 2013..MAJOR SUBDIVISION Cleveland, OH 44106-4960 School of Medicine 3g. TELEPHONE AND FAX (Area code, number and extension) E-MAIL ADDRESS: TEL: 216-368-0330 FAX: 216-368-3055 susann...
- Transforming PCI Informed Consent into an Evidence-based Decision-making ToolJohn A Spertus; Fiscal Year: 2010..outcomes after PCI: We will prospectively monitor patients throughout their hospitalization and by a 1-month telephone call to assess for peri-procedural bleeding...
- Outcomes of Infertility Treatments in Clinic and Population-Based CohortsJoseph B Stanford; Fiscal Year: 2010..For both cohorts, we will establish final eligibility by telephone screening...
- Diet Quality and CVD Risk Factors in a Family Based Weight Management StudyAlice H Lichtenstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..period social support and tailored individualized counseling will be provided to the families, augmented with telephone calls and home visits addressing barriers to adherence...
- Predictors of Dietary Quality in Low-Income Pregnant WomenEileen R Fowles; Fiscal Year: 2010..Within two weeks after initial recruitment, three 24-hour dietary recalls will be obtained by telephone using the Multiple- Pass Method incorporated within the Nutrition Data System for Research (NDSR) program...
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY - CACHE COUNTY STUDY CENTEREdward Clark; Fiscal Year: 2012..Data will be collected in combinations of face-to-face contacts and remote collection methods, e.g., telephone, computer, or mail-in questionnaires...
- CT EIP Capacities ACA GrantTRACEY L WEEKS; Fiscal Year: 2011..are assigned to provide service to the entire School of Public Health community or from IT technical support by telephone in emergency situations...
- Human Papillomavirus Association with Subsets of Colorectal CancerPolly A Newcomb; Fiscal Year: 2010..For each case, investigators collected tumor tissue samples, pathology data, and data from a standardized telephone interview assessing known and suspect colorectal cancer risk factors...
- Brain Nicotine Receptor Density &Response to Nicotine PatchArthur Brody; Fiscal Year: 2013..Participants will undergo telephone and in-person screening, followed within one week by a 2-FA PET scanning session...
- Coping Skills Training in Heart Failure: Outcomes and MechanismsAndrew Sherwood; Fiscal Year: 2013..The CST intervention, delivered over the telephone, is designed reduce stress and depression and to improve aspects of health behavior that are related to HF ..
- Translational Diebetes Prevention in GDMAssiamira Ferrara; Fiscal Year: 2013..The intervention will be delivered via individual telephone contacts and brief in-person counseling sessions augmented with e-mails and a website...
- Inflammation and T Lymphocyte ImmunoregulationAnn B Hill; Fiscal Year: 2013..MAJOR SUBDIVISION School of Medicine 3g. TELEPHONE AND FAX (Area code, number and extension) E-MAIL ADDRESS: TEL: 503-494-1498 FAX: 503-494-6862 email@example.com 4...
- Randomized Trial of a Postpartum Diabetes Prevention Program for Hispanic WomenLisa Chasan-Taber; Fiscal Year: 2013..Multimodal contacts (i.e., in-person, telephone counseling, and mailed print-based materials) will be used to deliver the intervention from randomization (29 ..
- CARDIA Echocardiography Reading CenterJoao A C Lima; Fiscal Year: 2012..During the next 5 years we will continue semi-annual telephone contacts, disease event surveillance, and analysis and publication activities...
- CARDIA ECHO RC Joao Lima; Fiscal Year: 2010..During the next 5 years we will continue semi-annual telephone contacts, disease event surveillance, and analysis and publication activities...
- CARDIA ECHO RC Joao A C Lima; Fiscal Year: 2011..During the next 5 years we will continue semi-annual telephone contacts, disease event surveillance, and analysis and publication activities...
- CARDIAO Dale Williams; Fiscal Year: 2011
- CARDIA ECHO RC CAN 9-8470189Joao Lima; Fiscal Year: 2009
- CARDIASharina D Person; Fiscal Year: 2010
- Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) Study - CCJames Shikany; Fiscal Year: 2012
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY SUPPORTBetty Wood; Fiscal Year: 2012..Data will be collected in combinations of face-to-face contacts and remote collection methods, e.g., telephone, computer, or mail-in questionnaires...
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY SUPPORTBetty Wood; Fiscal Year: 2011..Data will be collected in combinations of face-to-face contacts and remote collection methods, e.g., telephone, computer, or mail-in questionnaires...
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY SUPPORTBetty Wood; Fiscal Year: 2013
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY -CLINICAL BIOLOGICAL ANALYSISVELAZQUEZ FRANCISCO; Fiscal Year: 2011
- Improving Quality of Care in Parkinsons Disease: A Randomized Controlled TrialKAREN ILENE CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..Veterans will be surveyed by telephone and medical records will be abstracted to measure these outcomes...
- Academic-Community Partnerships to Brdge Across the U.S. Pacific IslandsAlice Tse; Fiscal Year: 2012..level, communication will be conducted primarily in person through meetings, community forums and local telephone conferences...
- GENETIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE COURSE OF ALCOHOL USE IN WOMENCarolyn E Sartor; Fiscal Year: 2013..Brief telephone diagnostic interviews will be followed up with weekly web-based surveys of alcohol consumption and other ..
- Nutrition Intervention to Reduce Symptoms in Patients with Advanced Heart FailureTerry A Lennie; Fiscal Year: 2013..A research nurse will make 4 home visits and one follow-up telephone call over 6 months to provide the education-skill building intervention...
- Web-Based Program to Improve Antidepressant Medication AdherenceRebekah K Hersch; Fiscal Year: 2011..Recent data suggests that there are collaborative care and telephone outreach approaches that can increase medication compliance and improve clinical outcomes...
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY COORDINATING CENTERElaine D Eaker; Fiscal Year: 2009
- STROKE INCIDENCE AND RISK FACTORS IN A TRI-ETHNIC REGIONRalph L Sacco; Fiscal Year: 2013..Subjects will be followed by annual telephone interviews to ascertain stroke, MI, death, and changes in cognitive state...
- Reducing Breast Cancer Recurrence with Weight Loss: A Vanguard TrialCheryl L Rock; Fiscal Year: 2013..The weight loss intervention utilizes a cognitive-behavioral group-based program, telephone counseling and home-based support, developed and tested in previous successful studies conducted by the project ..
- Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) Study - Field CenterKIANG J LIU; Fiscal Year: 2012
- Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) Study - Field CenterKIANG J LIU; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Diet and Activity Promotion Among Older Working AdultsGladys Block; Fiscal Year: 2010..it more appropriate for workers 55-64 years of age and by adding the ability to deliver automated interactive telephone messages and printed materials tailored to the individual...
- CARDIAKIANG J LIU; Fiscal Year: 2011
- CARDIAKIANG J LIU; Fiscal Year: 2010
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDYWilliam Hogan; Fiscal Year: 2013
- CARDIAKIANG J LIU; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) Study - Field CenterPamela Schreiner; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) - Field CenterCora E Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2012
- Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) Study - Field CenterPamela Schreiner; Fiscal Year: 2012
- CARDIASharina Person; Fiscal Year: 2009
- CARDIACora E Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2010
- CARDIAPamela J Schreiner; Fiscal Year: 2010
- NATIONAL CHILDREN'S STUDY BIOMEDICAL (APPLIED/EXPLORATORY)Lee Smith; Fiscal Year: 2011
- CARDIAStephen Sidney; Fiscal Year: 2011
- CARDIAPamela Schreiner; Fiscal Year: 2011
- CARDIACora E Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2011
- CARDIAStephen Sidney; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Evaluation of vaccination reminder/recall systems for adolescent patientsPeter Szilagyi; Fiscal Year: 2009..Design an adolescent immunization reminder/recall system with mailed or telephone messages, and based in managed care settings for low-income populations in the Rochester New York, region. 2...
- Comparative effectiveness of diabetes prevention strategies in women with GDMAssiamira Ferrara; Fiscal Year: 2010..Intervention patients will be offered a postpartum lifestyle curriculum of individual telephone counseling augmented with e-mails and an interactive study website...
- Telephone screening test for hearing using three-digit sequences in noise.Charles Watson; Fiscal Year: 2009..test in noise (SRTn) for use as a screening test for hearing disability, suitable for delivery over the telephone. Successful development and implementation of such a test has the potential to greatly increase awareness of ..
- Behavioral Health Informatics Capacity-Building in ChinaRobert Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2009..For this project, a Chinese version of an effective NIH-funded automated, telephone-based physical activity (PA) promotion program will be developed. This will entail review of the U.S...
- Breast Cancer:Education, Counseling, and AdjustmentJudith Haber; Fiscal Year: 2005..by applicant) In the proposed randomized clinical trial (RCT), the effect of standardized education (SE) alone, telephone counseling (TC) alone, and standardized education with telephone counseling (SE+TC) on emotional, physical and ..
- Responsible Retailing Program for Alcohol RetailersBrad Krevor; Fiscal Year: 2009..University, the Prevention Research Center and Boston University will partner with the RRF to: " Conduct 6-8 telephone or in-person interviews with alcohol regulators to identify whether, and under what conditions, regulators would ..
- FINDING THE M.I.N.C. FOR MAMMOGRAPHY MAINTENANCEBarbara Rimer; Fiscal Year: 2009..Care, which represents the kinds of reminders women usually receive, compared to Enhanced Letter or Automated Telephone Reminders based on persuasive communication principles and designed to increase the efficacy of reminders by ..
- Effectiveness of an Enhanced Adaptive Continuing Care Model for Cocaine DependencJames R McKay; Fiscal Year: 2010..2005, 2008, 2009). This protocol is referred to as "Telephone Monitoring and Adaptive Counseling" (TMAC)...
- Preventing Depression in People with Epilepsy: An Extension of Project UPLIFTNancy J Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2010..in people with epilepsy, Project UPLIFT was developed to provide group delivery of depression treatment by telephone or Web...
- The Impact of Smoke-Free Policy on Quitline Utilization and Smoking OutcomesANITA FAY FERNANDER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Evidence demonstrates that telephone QuitLines are effective in helping tobacco users quit...
- PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIESERIKA LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..OFFICE TELEPHONE NO.(Area 4g. HOME TELEPHONE NO. code, no., and ext.) (Area code and no.) 401-444-2465 401-861-2178 4j.  U.S...
- Implementation of a Mammography Reminder System in a Healthcare NetworkRoger Luckmann; Fiscal Year: 2009..effectiveness of screening mammography in reducing breast cancer mortality and the effectiveness of mailed and telephone reminders and counseling in increasing timely screening...
- TELEPHONE AFTERCARE PROJECTJenny Chong; Fiscal Year: 2000..hours), one alternative to ease their transition is to provide them with aftercare services through the telephone. Telephone coverage is typically low on southwestern Indian Reservations and calls into doubt the feasibility of ..
- Integrated Web and phone smoking cessation counselingCHRISTIAN CARTTER; Fiscal Year: 2003..S. Surgeon General and the AHRQ. Supplementing self-help programs with proactive telephone counseling has been shown to increase treatment adherence and reduce relapse to smoking...
- Comparative Effectiveness of Dementia Care Strategies in Underserved CommunitiesBARBARA G contact VICKREY; Fiscal Year: 2010..proven to improve quality and outcomes of care when delivered in a clinic or as a combination of home visits and telephone. However, with growing cost-containment pressures, healthcare systems are increasingly pressured to deliver care ..
- INCREASING COLORECTAL CANCER SCREENING AMONG CARPENTERSIsaac Lipkus; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., brochures, telephone counseling) motivates CRC screening...
- EXTENDED CASE MANAGEMENT OF COCAINE ADDICTED PREGNANCYFarrokh Alemi; Fiscal Year: 1993..to three groups: Control group, experimental group receiving case management, experimental group receiving telephone assisted case management...
- A Telephone-Based Cancer Education & Prevention Intervention for TeensKENNETH TERCYAK; Fiscal Year: 2007..addressing multiple behavioral risks, or utilizing alternate modes of intervention delivery (such as the telephone) that might have greater reach...
- Mood Management Phone Counseling in Smoking CessationDavid Strong; Fiscal Year: 2007..Proactive telephone counseling for smoking cessation has received strong recommendations from the US DHHS as a primary mechanism for ..
- Telehealth Intervention for Colorectal Cancer ScreeningSusan Rawl; Fiscal Year: 2003..Tailored telephone counseling, one specific type of telehealth intervention has demonstrated considerable promise as an ..