Genomes and Genes
Summary: Three-dimensional representation to show anatomic structures. Models may be used in place of intact animals or organisms for teaching, practice, and study.
Publications266 found, 100 shown here
- A reference ontology for biomedical informatics: the Foundational Model of AnatomyCornelius Rosse
Departments of Biological Structure, and Medical Education and Biomedical Informatics, Structural Informatics Group, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Biomed Inform 36:478-500. 2003....
- A model for diffusion in white matter in the brainPabitra N Sen
Schlumberger Doll Research, Ridgefield, CT 06877, USA
Biophys J 89:2927-38. 2005..Implications for diffusion tensor imaging and for the possible in situ estimation of microstructural parameters from diffusion-weighted MR data are discussed in the context of this modeling framework...
- Characterizing brain anatomical connections using diffusion weighted MRI and graph theoryY Iturria-Medina
Neuroimaging Department, Cuban Neuroscience Center, Cubanacan, Playa, Havana, Cuba
Neuroimage 36:645-60. 2007..Results show that nervous fiber pathways between some regions of interest were reconstructed correctly. Additionally, mean connectivity maps of ACS, ACD and ACP between 71 gray matter structures for five healthy subjects are presented...
- Three-dimensional models of individual cardiac histoanatomy: tools and challengesRebecca A B Burton
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3PT, UK
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1080:301-19. 2006..It provides an overview of the tools used in this quest and outlines challenges posed by the approach in the light of applications that may benefit from the availability of such data and tools...
- A population-average MRI-based atlas collection of the rhesus macaqueDonald G McLaren
Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, Wm S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Neuroimage 45:52-9. 2009..It is anticipated that these tools will help facilitate voxel-based imaging methodologies in non-human primate species, which in turn may increase our understanding of brain function, development, and evolution...
- Stereolithographic modeling technology applied to tumor resectionLarry L Cunningham
University of Kentucky, College of Dentistry, Lexington, KY 40536 0297, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:873-8. 2005
- Image-based models of cardiac structure with applications in arrhythmia and defibrillation studiesFijoy Vadakkumpadan
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Institute for Computational Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, MD, USA
J Electrocardiol 42:157.e1-10. 2009..The models represent cardiac structure with unprecedented detail for simulation studies...
- Organization of ventricular fibrillation in the human heart: experiments and modelsK H W J ten Tusscher
Department of Scientific Computing, Simula Research Laboratory, Lysaker, Norway
Exp Physiol 94:553-62. 2009..Moreover, our findings underline the need for integrated research, in which human-based clinical and computational studies complement animal research...
- Imaging the heart: computer 3-dimensional anatomic models of the heartMark R Boyett
Division of Cardiovascular and Endocrine Sciences, University of Manchester, M13 9XX Manchester, UK
J Electrocardiol 38:113-20. 2005..We are approaching the time when, for one species, we should have a complete set of action potential and anatomic models for the various cardiac tissues and then we will have realized the aim of constructing a "virtual heart" with ..
- The influence of electrode location errors on EEG dipole source localization with a realistic head modelY Wang
The Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, 3801 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B4
Clin Neurophysiol 112:1777-80. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: For realistic head models, dipole estimation error due to electrode misplacement is negligible compared with errors caused by noise...
- Generation of an anatomically based geometric coronary modelN P Smith
Department of Engineering Science, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Ann Biomed Eng 28:14-25. 2000..The local finite element coordinates of the coronary nodes within the ventricular mesh are calculated such that the coronary geometry can be recalculated within a deformed ventricular mesh...
- A patient-specific computational model of fluid-structure interaction in abdominal aortic aneurysmsB J B M Wolters
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, P O Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Med Eng Phys 27:871-83. 2005..The mechanical quantities computed in these simulations need to be validated in a clinical setting, after which they could be included in clinical trials in search of risk factors for AAA rupture...
- Medical rapid prototyping technologies: state of the art and current limitations for application in oral and maxillofacial surgeryJohn Winder
Health and Rehabilitation Sciences Research Institute, University of Ulster, Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1006-15. 2005..The limitations of medical models, the source of artefacts, and their physical appearance are illustrated along with remedies for their removal...
- Visible Korean human: improved serially sectioned images of the entire bodyJin Seo Park
Department of Anatomy, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Republic of Korea
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 24:352-60. 2005..The data from the VHP, CVH, and VKH will provide valuable resources to the medical image library of 3-D images and software in the field of medical education and clinical trials...
- Projections from bed nuclei of the stria terminalis, magnocellular nucleus: implications for cerebral hemisphere regulation of micturition, defecation, and penile erectionHong Wei Dong
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 90089 2520, USA
J Comp Neurol 494:108-41. 2006....
- Development of realistic high-resolution whole-body voxel models of Japanese adult males and females of average height and weight, and application of models to radio-frequency electromagnetic-field dosimetryTomoaki Nagaoka
Department of Medical Engineering, Kitasato University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Phys Med Biol 49:1-15. 2004..In this paper, we will also describe the basic SAR characteristics of the developed models for the VHF/UHF bands, calculated using the finite-difference time-domain method...
- Stereolithographic reproduction of complex cardiac morphology based on high spatial resolution imagingG F Greil
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Children s Hospital, University of Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 1, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 96:176-85. 2007..In this study stereolithography was evaluated for 3D reconstructions of multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) data...
- A biomechanical evaluation of bilateral sagittal ramus osteotomy fixation techniquesGilman P Peterson
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1317-24. 2005....
- Formalization of mouse embryo anatomyAlbert Burger
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, Scotland, UK
Bioinformatics 20:259-67. 2004..As part of this database, a mouse embryo anatomy ontology has been created. A formalization of this anatomy is required to document its precise semantics and how it is used in the context of the Mouse Atlas...
- Geometrical enhancements for abdominal aortic stent-graftsDavid S Molony
Centre for Applied Biomedical Engineering Research CABER and the Materials and Surface Science Institute, University of Limerick, Ireland
J Endovasc Ther 15:518-29. 2008..To compare the function of 2 stent-graft designs for endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair...
- Multiple olfactory receptor neurons and their axonal projections in the antennal lobe of the honeybee Apis melliferaChristina Kelber
Department of Behavioral Physiology and Sociobiology, Biozentrum, University of Wurzburg, Germany
J Comp Neurol 496:395-405. 2006..The equipment of poreplate sensilla with ORNs is overlapping. The mapping of glomeruli by rigid transformation is revealed to be a powerful tool for comparative neuroanatomy...
- Three-dimensional average-shape atlas of the honeybee brain and its applicationsRobert Brandt
Institut für Biologie Neurobiologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Comp Neurol 492:1-19. 2005..The Honeybee Standard Brain is accessible at www.neurobiologie.fu-berlin.de/beebrain...
- Fluid structure interaction of patient specific abdominal aortic aneurysms: a comparison with solid stress modelsJames H Leung
Department of Chemical Engineering, Imperial College London, London, UK
Biomed Eng Online 5:33. 2006..The purpose of the present study was to compare static and dynamic wall stress analysis of patient specific AAAs...
- Bias between MNI and Talairach coordinates analyzed using the ICBM-152 brain templateJack L Lancaster
Research Imaging Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 28:1194-205. 2007..MTT transforms provide a validated means to convert MNI coordinates to Talairach compatible coordinates for studies using either SPM2 or FSL/FLIRT with the ICBM-152 template...
- Construct validation of a novel hybrid surgical simulatorD Broe
Department of Surgery, Professorial Surgical Unit, Level 4, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Incorporating the National Children s Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin, 24, Ireland
Surg Endosc 20:900-4. 2006..Simulated minimal access surgery has improved recently as both a learning and assessment tool. The construct validation of a novel simulator, ProMis, is described for use by residents in training...
- Identification and classification of hubs in brain networksOlaf Sporns
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences and Program in Cognitive Science, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e1049. 2007....
- EMAP and EMAGE: a framework for understanding spatially organized dataRichard A Baldock
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh, UK
Neuroinformatics 1:309-25. 2003....
- A novel retrograde-viewing auxiliary imaging device (Third Eye Retroscope) improves the detection of simulated polyps in anatomic models of the colonGeorge Triadafilopoulos
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 65:139-44. 2007..Colonoscopy is the "gold standard" for colorectal polyp and cancer detection, but important lesions may be missed on the proximal aspect of haustral folds, rectal valves, or flexures...
- The fluid dynamics of flight control by kinematic phase lag variation between two robotic insect wingsWill J Maybury
Department of Neurobiology, University of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 11, 89081 Ulm, Germany
J Exp Biol 207:4707-26. 2004....
- Blood flow and structure interactions in a stented abdominal aortic aneurysm modelZhonghua Li
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, North Carolina State University, Campus Box 7910, 3198 Broughton Hall, Raleigh, NC 27695 7910, USA
Med Eng Phys 27:369-82. 2005..The time-varying drag force on the EVG exerted by physiological blood flow is unavoidable, where for patients with severe hypertension the risk of EVG migration is very high...
- Comparison of biomechanical behaviour of maxilla following Le Fort I osteotomy with 2- versus 4-plate fixation using 3D-FEA: part 3: inferior and anterior repositioning surgeryE Erkmen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 38:173-9. 2009....
- Improved agreement between Talairach and MNI coordinate spaces in deep brain regionsPatrick S Carmack
Department of Statistical Science, Southern Methodist University, P O Box 750332, Dallas, TX 75275 0332, USA
Neuroimage 22:367-71. 2004..For areas near the lateral ventricle, the transformation presented herein is valuable for applications such as region of interest (ROI) modeling...
- Applied mechanics of the Puricelli osteotomy: a linear elastic analysis with the finite element methodEdela Puricelli
School of Dentistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Head Face Med 3:38. 2007..The method results in an increased area of bone contact, resulting in larger sliding rates among bone segments. This work aimed to investigate the mechanical stability of the Puricelli osteotomy design...
- Rapid protyping technology in medicine--basics and applicationsR Petzold
Institute of Medical Physics, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Comput Med Imaging Graph 23:277-84. 1999..As can be seen, from the presented case studies of maxillo-cranio-facial surgery, the RP models are very well suited for use in the diagnosis and the precise preoperative simulation of skeleton modifying interventions...
- 3D modelling, gene expression mapping and post-mapping image analysis in the developing human brainSubrot Sarma
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Newcastle, Central Parkway, UK
Brain Res Bull 66:449-53. 2005....
- Stability of the human spine in neutral posturesA Kiefer
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur Spine J 6:45-53. 1997..The load-bearing potential of the ligamentous spine in compression is substantially increased by controlling its deformation modes through minimal exertion of selected muscles and rotation of the pelvis...
- Hallux valgus: demographics, etiology, and radiographic assessmentMichael J Coughlin
Idaho Foot and Ankle Fellowship Program, Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Surgery, Boise, ID 83706, USA
Foot Ankle Int 28:759-77. 2007....
- Numerical simulation techniques to study the structural response of the human chest following median sternotomyRaimund Bruhin
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 80:623-30. 2005..The objective of this study was to analyze the structural response of the separated sternum using computer-based numerical discretization techniques, such as finite element methods...
- An efficient virtual dissection tool to create generic models for anatomical atlasesMei Xiao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Stud Health Technol Inform 142:426-8. 2009..The technique optimizes the functionalities of existing toolkits and the resulting software package will allow biologists to build their atlases more quickly and accurately...
- A biomechanical comparison of three sternotomy closure techniquesDavid J Cohen
Cardiothoracic Surgery Service, Brooke Army Medical Center, US Army Institute of Surgical Research, Fort Sam Houston, Texas 78234 6200, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 73:563-8. 2002....
- Statistical deformable bone models for robust 3D surface extrapolation from sparse dataKumar T Rajamani
MEM Research Center, Institute for Surgical Technology and Biomechanics, University of Bern, Stauffacherstrasse 78, CH 3014 Bern, Switzerland
Med Image Anal 11:99-109. 2007..We present here our evaluation results using leave-one-out experiments and extended validation of our method on nine dry cadaver bones...
- Computational models of structure-function relationships in the pulmonary circulation and their validationMerryn H Tawhai
Bioengineering Institute, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Exp Physiol 91:285-93. 2006..Validation of such predictions against measures from functional imaging holds significant potential for explaining and differentiating normal and disease-related heterogeneity in regional blood flow calculated using perfusion imaging...
- The accuracy of stereolithography in planning craniofacial bone replacementPeter Shih Hsin Chang
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Mackey Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Craniofac Surg 14:164-70. 2003..These findings have important implications for the planning of current surgical methods as well as future applications of tissue-engineered bone replacement...
- Tyrannosaurus was not a fast runnerJohn R Hutchinson
Department of Integrative Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3140, USA
Nature 415:1018-21. 2002..Therefore, it is doubtful that Tyrannosaurus and other huge dinosaurs (approximately 6,000 kg) were capable runners or could reach high speeds...
- A three-dimensional model of the mouse at embryonic day 9R M Brune
Anatomy Section, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 216:457-68. 1999..This reconstruction and its associated anatomy are available in a variety of data formats with some supporting software from http:@genex.hgu.mrc.ac.uk/...
- Scaling of body frontal area and body width in birdsR L Nudds
Institute of Integrative and Comparative Biology, L C Miall Building, Faculty of Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
J Morphol 267:341-6. 2006..Furthermore, the relations between bird body shape and axial skeleton dimensions, with reference to aerodynamic adaptation, warrant further investigation...
- External and internal morphology of the BAR 1002'00 Orrorin tugenensis femurK Galik
Orthopedic Biomechanics Laboratory, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Science 305:1450-3. 2004..tugenensis was bipedal...
- Some present problems and a proposed experimental phantom for SAR compliance testing of cellular telephones at 835 and 1900 MHzOm P Gandhi
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112, USA
Phys Med Biol 47:1501-18. 2002..The SARs obtained with the insulating plastic ear models are up to two or more times smaller than realistic anatomic models. We propose a 2 mm thin shell phantom with lossy ear that should give SARs within +/- 15% of those of ..
- Finite element applications in human cervical spine modelingN Yoganandan
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:1824-34. 1996..A data base of available experimental sources is also provided, which can be used by the modeler for validating the finite element model. The potential developments in finite element modeling of the human cervical spine are discussed...
- A semi-automatic method for developing an anthropomorphic numerical model of dielectric anatomy by MRIM Mazzurana
ITC irst Bioelectromagnetism Laboratory, FCS Department, 38050 Povo Trento, Italy
Phys Med Biol 48:3157-70. 2003....
- Comparing thalamocortical and corticothalamic microstructure and spatial reciprocity in the macaque ventral posterolateral nucleus (VPLc) and medial pulvinarC Darian-Smith
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Comp Neurol 410:211-34. 1999..Spatial overlap was incomplete within both thalamic nuclei. Our findings show a more complex relationship between TC and CT neuron populations than previously demonstrated...
- Chance or design? Some specific considerations concerning synaptic boutons in cat visual cortexJohn C Anderson
Institute of Neuroinformatics, University of Zurich and ETH Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8006 Zurich, Switzerland
J Neurocytol 31:211-29. 2002..Quite simple rules can explain these distributions and the connections between the different classes of neurons...
- Validation of a bone analog model for studies of sternal closureDennis R Trumble
Cardiac Surgery Research, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15212, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 74:739-44; discussion 745. 2002..This study tests whether artificial sterna can be used to replace whole cadavers in sternal closure testing...
- Comparisons of peak SAR levels in concentric sphere head models of children and adults for irradiation by a dipole at 900 MHzVitas Anderson
RMIT University, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 124 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia
Phys Med Biol 48:3263-75. 2003....
- Application of computer-generated stereolithography and interpositioning template in acetabular fractures: a report of eight casesGeorge A Brown
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, School of Medicine, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, 2211 Lomas Boulevard, ACC 2 West, Albuquerque, NM 87131, U S A
J Orthop Trauma 16:347-52. 2002..Further studies with this type of preplanning equipment may show a decrease in operative time and morbidity, decrease in radiation exposure, and improvement in accuracy of plate and screw placement...
- A biomechanical evaluation of mandibular angle fracture plating techniquesR H Haug
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Kentucky, College of Dentistry, Lexington, KY 40536-0084, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 59:1199-210. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Under the conditions of this experiment, all systems met or exceeded currently identified postoperative functional requirements for incisal edge loading, but failed to meet them for contralateral molar loading...
- A comparative study on different methods of automatic mesh generation of human femursM Viceconti
Laboratory for Biomaterials Technology, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Bologna, Italy
Med Eng Phys 20:1-10. 1998....
- Computer-aided 3-D simulation and prediction of craniofacial surgery: a new approachS Girod
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and National Biocomputation Center, Stanford University, CA 94305 6605, USA
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 29:156-8. 2001..Recently, 3-D CT model surgery has been introduced for presurgical planning and prediction of the postoperative result...
- A quantitative description of dynamic left ventricular geometry in anaesthetized rats using magnetic resonance imagingJ J Crowley
Regional Cardiac Unit, Papworth Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Exp Physiol 82:887-904. 1997..Our hybrid model of cardiac geometry may thus be useful for non-invasive serial studies of chronic pathological changes that use the rat as a model experimental system...
- Computation of high-resolution SAR distributions in a head due to a radiating dipole antenna representing a hand-held mobile phoneJ B Van de Kamer
Department of Radiotherapy, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Phys Med Biol 47:1827-35. 2002..Thus. for strongly inhomogeneous regions high-resolution SAR modelling is an absolute necessity...
- The benefits of 3D modelling and animation in medical teachingTim Vernon
Department of Medical Illistration, St James Hospital, Leeds, UK
J Audiov Media Med 25:142-8. 2002..This paper considers the benefits of using still and animated output from computer-generated models in the teaching of medicine, and examines how three-dimensional models are made...
- Study of finite element modeling from CT imagesYoshikazu Shimizu
Section of General Dentistry, Department of Comprehensive Oral Health Care, Division of Comprehensive Patient Care, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
Dent Mater J 24:447-55. 2005..The results suggested that the method developed here is feasible and practical for clinical use...
- Virtual-reality-assisted interventional proceduresBruce M Cameron
Biomedical Imaging Resource, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 442:63-73. 2006..With these advances in hand, there are several important applications of three-dimensional viewing that will have a substantial impact on the practice of medicine...
- Accurate and reliable pose recovery of distal locking holes in computer-assisted intra-medullary nailing of femoral shaft fractures: a preliminary studyGuoyan Zheng
MEM Research Center ISTB, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Comput Aided Surg 12:138-51. 2007..The ultimate goal is to provide precise three-dimensional guidance during distal locking...
- Virtual reality surgical planning for maxillofacial distraction osteogenesis: the role of reverse engineering rapid prototyping and cooperative workMassimo Robiony
Department of Maxillo Facial Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:1198-208. 2007..The authors emphasize the role of reverse engineering (RE) and RP, suggesting a model of cooperative work, with the interaction of maxillofacial surgeons, radiologists, and engineers...
- High-quality multimodal volume rendering for preoperative planning of neurosurgical interventionsJohanna Beyer
VRVis Research Center
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 13:1696-703. 2007..For preprocessing tasks such as registration or segmentation, the visualization modules are integrated into a larger framework, thus supporting the entire workflow of preoperative planning...
- Use of stereolithographic templates for surgical and prosthodontic implant planning and placement. Part I. The conceptKunal Lal
Clinical Dentistry, Department of Prosthodontics, Columbia University, 630 W 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Prosthodont 15:51-8. 2006..These templates seat directly on the bone and are preprogrammed with the individual depth, angulation, and mesio-distal and bucco-lingual positioning of individual implants as planned during the 3D computer simulation...
- Virtual surgery simulation for medical training using multi-resolution organ modelsJung Kim
School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Systems Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, Korea
Int J Med Robot 3:149-58. 2007..In this paper we propose a method to overcome this challenge by introducing a multi-resolution modelling technique...
- Nonrigid 2-D/3-D registration for patient specific bronchoscopy simulation with statistical shape modeling: phantom validationFani Deligianni
Royal Society Wollson Foundation Medical Image Computing Laboratory, Department of Computing, Imperial College London, SW7 2BZ London, UK
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 25:1462-71. 2006....
- LiveSync: deformed viewing spheres for knowledge-based navigationPeter Kohlmann
Institute of Computer Graphics and Algorithms, Vienna University of Technology
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 13:1544-51. 2007..A combination of these deformed viewing spheres is used to estimate a good viewpoint. Our system provides the physician with synchronized views which help to gain deeper insight into the medical data with minimal user interaction...
- Development of a surgical simulator for laparoscopic esophageal proceduresChangmok Choi
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul, Korea
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:819-22. 2006..This system can be used to demonstrate deformation and cutting of the esophagus, where the user can haptically interact with the virtual soft tissues and see the corresponding organ deformation on the visual display simultaneously...
- Non-linear elastic properties of the lingual and facial tissues assessed by indentation technique. Application to the biomechanics of speech productionJ M Gerard
Laboratoire TIMC IMAG, Faculte de Medecine de Grenoble, Institut d Ingénierie de l Information de Santé, Pavillon Taillefer, UMR CNRS 5525, Universite Joseph Fourier de Grenoble, 38706 La Tronche, France
Med Eng Phys 27:884-92. 2005..Given a set of tongue muscular commands, which levels correspond to the force classically measured during speech production, the FE model successfully simulated the main tongue movements observed during speech data...
- Computer modeling and intraoperative navigation in maxillofacial surgeryAnnette M Pham
Department of Otolaryngology, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:624-31. 2007..This study evaluates the use of preoperative computer modeling and intraoperative navigation to guide reconstruction of the maxillofacial skeleton...
- Joint segmentation-registration of organs using geometric modelsAlper Ayvaci
Department of Computer Science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 110 8th Street, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:5251-4. 2007..Furthermore, to reduce the computational cost, the algorithm is designed to run on watershed regions instead of voxels. The accuracy of the algorithm is shown on the medical examples...
- Vertebral axial rotation measurement methodWei Min Chi
Department of Bio industrial Mechatroics Engineering, National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan, ROC
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 81:8-17. 2006..Analytical results demonstrated that the proposed method obtained more accurate and reliable results than previous methods...
- Verification of clinical precision after computer-aided reconstruction in craniomaxillofacial surgeryMarc Christian Metzger
Department of Craniomaxillofacial Surgery, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 104:e1-10. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of the preoperative planning and the postoperative result regarding the skeletal reconstruction...
- Computational modeling to predict mechanical function of joints: application to the lower leg with simulation of two cadaver studiesPeter C Liacouras
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Departments of Biomedical Engineering and Orthopaedic Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0694, USA
J Biomech Eng 129:811-17. 2007..Muscle activation can be incorporated in the model through the action of applied forces within the software for future studies...
- Geometrically proper models in statistical trainingQiong Han
Medical Image Display and Analysis Group, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Inf Process Med Imaging 20:751-62. 2007..The method is mathematically sound and has proved in practice to lead to shape probability distributions over only proper objects and most importantly to better segmentation results...
- Tetrahedral versus hexahedral finite elements in numerical modelling of the proximal femurA Ramos
Departamento de Engenharia Mecanica, Universidade de Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Med Eng Phys 28:916-24. 2006..It was not possible to correlate these findings with those observed for the realistic proximal femur simulations where no significant differences were seen using refined meshes, with more than NDOF=20,000 for hexahedral elements...
- Orbital stress analysis--Part I: Simulation of orbital deformation following blunt injury by finite element analysis methodJehad Al-Sukhun
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Kasarmikatu 11 13, PO Box 263, 00029 HUS, Helsinki, Finland
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64:434-42. 2006..The purpose of this study was to develop a 3-dimensional finite element model (FEM) of the human orbit, housing the globe, to predict orbital deformation in subjects following a blunt injury...
- Normal and pathological NCAT image and phantom data based on physiologically realistic left ventricle finite-element modelsAlexander I Veress
Department of Bioengineering and the Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 9202, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 25:1604-16. 2006....
- The use of a new 3D splint and double CT scan procedure to obtain an accurate anatomic virtual augmented model of the skullG R J Swennen
Division of Maxillo Facial Surgery, Department of Surgery, General Hospital St Jan Bruges, Rudershove 10, 8000 Bruges, Belgium
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:146-52. 2007..0491-0.0622). The combination of the newly designed 3D splint with the double CT scan procedure allowed accurate registration and the set-up of an accurate anatomic 3D virtual augmented model of the skull with detailed dental surface...
- Model-based automated extraction of microtubules from electron tomography volumeMing Jiang
Department of Electrical, Computer, and Systems Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY 12180, USA
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 10:608-17. 2006..Experimental results demonstrate that our automated method produces results close to those by manual process and uses only a fraction of the time of the latter...
- Bone enhancement filtering: application to sinus bone segmentation and simulation of pituitary surgeryMaxime Descoteaux
Odyssee Team, INRIA Sophia Antipolis, 2004 route des Lucioles, 06902 Sophia Antipolis, France
Comput Aided Surg 11:247-55. 2006..We validate the approach quantitatively on synthetic examples, and provide comparisons with existing segmentation techniques on paranasal sinus CT data...
- [The three-dimension medical image reconstruction simulation on 3D Shepp-Logan head phantom]Ze Liu
School of Information Science and Engineering, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 23:938-43. 2006..The result of this experiment indicates the accuracy of model computing and the feasibility of our this method...
- 3D geometric reconstruction of thoracic aortic aneurysmsAlessandro Borghi
Department of Chemical Engineering, South Kensington Campus, Imperial College London, UK
Biomed Eng Online 5:59. 2006..Accurate reconstruction of TAA geometry is a crucial step in patient-specific stress calculations...
- Mathematical modeling and numerical simulation in maxillo-facial virtual surgery (VISU)Claudio Marchetti
Department of Odontostomatological Sciences, University of Bologna, Italy
J Craniofac Surg 17:661-7; discussion 668. 2006..In 80% of the cases studied, the simulation-predicted changes, when compared with the clinical outcomes, were within the tolerance level (2 mm) established by maxillo-facial surgeons...
- Real-time illustration of vascular structuresFelix Ritter
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 12:877-84. 2006..In addition, we verify the expressiveness of our illustration methods in a large, quantitative study with 160 subjects...
- A novel method for the 3-dimensional simulation of orthognathic surgery by using a multimodal image-fusion techniqueJun Uechi
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tobetsu, Japan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 130:786-98. 2006..The aim of this study was to establish a novel method for simulating orthognathic surgery in 3-dimensional (3D) space...
- Validation of a new model-based tracking technique for measuring three-dimensional, in vivo glenohumeral joint kinematicsMichael J Bey
Henry Ford Health Systems, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Bone and Joint Center, E and R 2015, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Biomech Eng 128:604-9. 2006..Future research will use this technique to analyze shoulder motion under a variety of testing conditions and to investigate the effects of conservative and surgical treatment of rotator cuff tears on dynamic joint stability...
- The effect of striking angle on the buckling mechanism in blowout fractureTomohisa Nagasao
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Plast Reconstr Surg 117:2373-80; discussion 2381. 2006..The present study aims to investigate whether fracture patterns in the orbital floor were influenced by the striking force direction in terms of the buckling mechanism...
- A real-time dynamic 3D model of the human inguinal region for surgical educationManuel Lopez-Cano
Department of General Surgery, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, E 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Comput Biol Med 37:1321-6. 2007..The model does not allow simulation of surgical interventions...
- Image-based musculoskeletal modeling: applications, advances, and future opportunitiesSilvia S Blemker
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22904 4746, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 25:441-51. 2007..Further advancements in image-based musculoskeletal modeling will expand the accuracy and utility of models used to study musculoskeletal and neuromuscular impairments...
- Model-based analysis of local shape for lesion detection in CT scansPaulo R S Mendonça
GE Global Research, One Research Circle, Niskayuna, NY 12309, USA
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 8:688-95. 2005..The performance of the algorithm is quantified by free-response receiver-operator characteristic curves, as well as by its potential for improvement in radiologist sensitivity...
- An in vitro patient-tailored model of human cerebral artery for simulating endovascular interventionSeiichi Ikeda
Dept of Micro Nano Systems Engineering, Nagoya Iniverisity, Furo cho 1, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, 464 8603, Japan
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 8:925-32. 2005..We also propose a novel method to visualize stress condition on vessel wall using photoelastic effect. Consequently, it should be helpful for clinical applications, academic researches and other various purposes...
- Efficient 3D finite element analysis of dental restorative procedures using micro-CT dataPascal Magne
University of Southern California, Division of Primary Oral Health Care, School of Dentistry, 925 West 34th Street, DEN 4366, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Dent Mater 23:539-48. 2007..This investigation describes a rapid method for the generation of finite element models of dental structures and restorations...
- An efficient approach to converting three-dimensional image data into highly accurate computational modelsP G Young
School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics, University of Exeter, North Park Road, Exeter EX4 4QF, UK
Philos Trans A Math Phys Eng Sci 366:3155-73. 2008..A number of case studies will be presented to illustrate how these techniques can be used effectively across a wide range of problems from characterization of micro-scaffolds through to head impact modelling...
- Anatomical structure modeling from medical imagesNeculai Archip
Computational Radiology Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 82:203-15. 2006..The method is demonstrated on computed tomography, MRI and 3D ultrasound data. Models of 170,000 tetrahedra are constructed on a standard workstation in approximately 10s. A comparison with related methods is also provided...
- Comparison of different orthodontic devices for mandibular symphyseal distraction osteogenesis: a finite element studyAntonio Boccaccio
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Meccanica e Gestionale, Politecnico di Bari, Bari, Italy
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 134:260-9. 2008..Furthermore, displacement fields of the mandibular arch evaluated with and without mastication forces were compared to determine the level of stability of each appliance...
- Creating three-dimensional tooth models from tomographic imagesIsaac Newton Lima da Silva
School of Mechanical Engineering, Pontifical Catholic University, Av Ipiranga 6681, Faculdade de Odontologia, Porto Alegre, RS Brazil, Zip 90619 900
Stomatologija 10:67-71. 2008..Discrepancy in shape and dimensions can cause wrong results to occur. Sharp cusps and faceted contour can produce stress concentrations, which are incoherent with the reality...
- Application of soft tissue modelling to image-guided surgeryTimothy J Carter
Centre for Medical Image Computing, Malet Place Engineering Building, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Med Eng Phys 27:893-909. 2005..We describe here how soft tissue modelling techniques have been applied to image-guided surgery applications...
- A 3-D Interactive Atlas of Thumb Carpometacarpal JointWilliam Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..This opens the door for developing similar high-resolution models in other anatomic sites and organ systems. ..
- Computer Model of the Canine VentricleRobert Gilmour; Fiscal Year: 2009..As such, the model is expected to have a significant impact on the diagnosis and treatment of lethal heart rhythm disorders. ..
- Developing Physics-Based Virtual Simulation Technology for Natural Orifice TranslDANIEL BOUGERE JONES; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Soft Tissue Compression Risk in Rotator Cuff Disease DevelopmentPAULA MARIE LUDEWIG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Subsequent investigations will further test exercise interventions derived from these data through randomized controlled clinical trials comparing to the current standard of care. ..
- ELECTRON MICROSCOPY OF THE HUMAN INNER EARJoseph B Nadol; Fiscal Year: 2013..Develop, test, and implement patient-specific electro-anatomic models (PSEAMs) and use to identify peripheral anatomic and physiologic factors that limit performance as judged by ..
- Mobile Cadaver Lab: An Innovative Platform to Supplement Medical Education for MoYoung Seok Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..In Phase I, an iPad App prototype will be developed followed by a full application for a wider range of mobile devices in Phase II and Phase III. ..
- Image-Based Modeling of Ca2+ Signaling in Ventricular MyocytesZeyun Yu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study will enable us to model calcium signaling using the structural information extracted from the 3D imaging data, which would provide a more realistic and accurate understanding of the mechanism of heart disease. ..
- TARGETED TRANSCRANIAL ELECTROTHERAPY SYSTEM TO ACCELERATE STROKE RECOVERYLucas C Parra; Fiscal Year: 2012..The stimulation device and protocols developed in this project are further applicable to motor rehabilitation in stroke and other promising areas of targeted electro-therapy. ..
- Markerless motion capture for the clinical assessment of human movementStefano Corazza; Fiscal Year: 2010..system that will permit the system to be operated by a non- technical user in a clinical environment by developing and testing a new user interface and automatically generating subject-specific anatomical models of the subjects ..
- SBIR PHASE II: TOPIC 41, CARDIOVASCULAR, LUNG AND BLOOD COMPUTATION MODEL LIBRANathan Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2011..a repository of human cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary computer models consisting of realistic, image-based anatomic models of large arteries and airways, generic, distal vascular beds, and representative blood and tissue properties...
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR MALE CANCER SCREENINGCatherine Dube; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Spinal Surgical Simulation Translational Research Using Collocated Virtual RealitP Banerjee; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will help 'improve health" by evaluating the spine surgery simulator for its realism and its effectiveness in teaching. ..
- Use of Visible Human Data For Patient DosimetryXie Xu; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, for the past 30 years, nuclear medicine has replied on crude anatomic models that originated in late 60's...
- ANATOMICAL MODELS IN COMPUTER-AIDED IMAGE ANALYSISDana Ballard; Fiscal Year: 1980..The result of this project will be a unique way of viewing heart motion...
- Innovation Deterministic Particle Transport for RTPBERNADETTE KIRK; Fiscal Year: 2006..transport codes is possible and to examine the accuracy of the resulting dose distributions in realistic anatomic models through comparison with results from well-established MC coupled electron-photon transport codes...
- Integrating Automated Mesh Development into the NA-MIC ToolkitNicole Grosland; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Automating Patient-Specific Model DevelopmentNicole Grosland; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Prevention of Neck Injuries in Older Adults During Rear Motor Vehicle CollsionsPAUL IVANCIC; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed project will provide important research-based data that may form the basis for future safety standards and help to decrease the frequency and severity of neck injuries in older adults, thus benefiting society. ..
- Virtual Patients for Computing Radiation DosesXie Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..These two cores then support four parallel clinical projects. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A MULTIMODAL MULTIDIMENSIONAL MAP OF THE MOUSE BRAINArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2003..The resulting validated, multimodality, multidimensional mouse atlas will have immense value for studying normal, mutant, healthy and diseased animals in a wide range of neuroscientific investigations. ..
- Aging and Hepatic Microvascular DysfunctionRobert McCuskey; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results should provide novel, new information about the aging liver. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Engineering Approach to the Ventilatory PumpALADIN BORIEK; Fiscal Year: 2007..The completion of these aims will significantly enhance our fundamental understanding of the ventilatory pump function in health and disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Accessibility Enhancements for ITK-SNAP 3D Medical Image Segmentation SoftwarePaul Yushkevich; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Collaborative Brain Mapping: Tools for SharingArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2008..The resulting information technology will be scalable and applicable to other scientific data sharing problems. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Distributed Supercomputing for Brain MappingArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Object-Centric Computational Model for Imaging AnalysisPaul Yushkevich; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Physiology of Respiratory Muscle MicromechanicsALADIN BORIEK; Fiscal Year: 2009..The completion of these aims will significantly contribute to the fundamental understanding of mechanical signal transduction in the respiratory pump. ..
- Ear Biomechanics for Restoration of HearingRONG GAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, the results will be essential for improving the diagnosis of OME, assessing surgical treatment for conductive hearing loss, and potentially improve the quality of life for millions of people. ..
- Continued Development and Maintenance of a Computational Morphometry ToolkitTorsten Rohlfing; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will enhance a proven soft- ware system for imaging-based morphometric studies and make it freely avail- able to the scientific community. ..
- 4D Visible Human Modeling for Radiation DosimetryXie George Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..4).To establish an internet-based information-sharing resource on virtual-human motion simulation and radiation dosimetry. ..
- ELECTRON MICROSCOPIC STUDIES OF CRYSTALLINE LENSESJer Kuszak; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Development of SAMMA based vaginal microbiocideMichael Oldham; Fiscal Year: 2006..3. EFFICACY. The new formulations will also be evaluated for activity against sperm, chlamydia and HSV utilizing in vitro assays and the mouse model. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ALCOHOL, ACETAMINOPHEN, AND LIVER SINUSOID DYSFUNCTIONROBERT MC CUSKEY; Fiscal Year: 2004..A better knowledge of the hepatic pathophysiology of alcohol bringing also should result. ..
- Computional Brain Biology from Genotype to PhenotypeArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- A Multidimensional Alzheimer's Disease Brain AtlasArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2005..Seventh, these will be combined into an interactive visualizable and analytic tool set made available to the neuroscientific community. ..
- SYSTEMATIC COMBINATION OF ANATOMY AND NOMENCLATUREJonathan Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN NEUROIMAGINGArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have the laboratory resources, faculty interest and expertise needed to run training program of this breadth and depth. ..
- A MULTIMODAL MULTIDIMENSIONAL MAP OF THE MOUSE BRAINArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2002..The resulting validated, multimodality, multidimensional mouse atlas will have immense value for studying normal, mutant, healthy and diseased animals in a wide range of neuroscientific investigations. ..
- CHARACTERISTICS OF PERFUSION RELATED CORTICAL SIGNALSArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2007..The experiments described here will help us achieve that goal. ..
- RESPIRATORY SYSTEM MECHANICSALADIN BORIEK; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DISTRIBUTED GRAPHICS SUPERCOMPUTING FOR NEUROINFORMATICSArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2001..The provision of such an instrumentation package would enhance the productivity of ongoing funded research and foster the development of leading edge technology and applications for all participants. ..
- Novel PDEs for Cortical Mapping and Analysis in DiseasePaul Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Development of the Mouse Cochlea DatabasePETER ALAN SANTI; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- The Sarcolemma in FSHD and in the myd MouseRobert Bloch; Fiscal Year: 2003..We therefore anticipate making significant progress in understanding the cell biological changes that occur in FSHD skeletal muscle, and in determining which, if any, of these changes are related to the pathophysiology of FSHD. ..
- Evolutionary Genetics and Ecology of Trichromatic VisionNathaniel Dominy; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study thus aims to explore the issues, implications, and evolutionary significance of color vision variation. ..
- Regional Gas Trapping in Bronchoconstricted AsthmaticsJose G Venegas; Fiscal Year: 2010..We expect that this detailed anatomical and functional data will provide new insights into the pathophysiology of the disease that will be directly applicable to patient care and will help advance the field of aerosol therapy. ..
- Transrectal Ultrasound Ablation Of The ProstateGabor Fichtinger; Fiscal Year: 2004..The resulting system will be tested on canine subjects and in a limited manner on human patients. The endpoint of the proposed research is a system for which IRB approval can be sought to conduct clinical trials. ..
- Circle of Willis variability and migraineBRETT LEE CUCCHIARA; Fiscal Year: 2010..If this hypothesis is confirmed, this could lead to new treatments based on a better understanding of migraine mechanisms and might help identify patients with migraine who are at risk of stroke. ..
- Task Practice Schedules to Enhance Recovery after StrokeNicolas Schweighofer; Fiscal Year: 2006..The hypothesis is that subjects with mild deficits benefit most from expanded variable practice, whereas subjects with moderate deficits benefit most from massed practice schedules. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Locomotor Dynamics of Muscle FunctionAndrew Biewener; Fiscal Year: 2007..Consequently, the proposed studies will have value for developing more effective physical, occupational and rehabilitative therapies, as well as for sports and exercise training, and prosthetics design. ..
- A New Approach to Rapid Protein-Protein DockingChandrajit Bajaj; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- IMAGING NETWORK FOR BREAST CANCER MASS SCREENINGArmen Sarvazyan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Appropriate regulatory testing will be conducted in order to prepare necessary engineering documentation for a FDA application. ..
- NIREP: Non-rigid Image Registration Evaluation ProjectGary Christensen; Fiscal Year: 2008..3) Disseminate NIREP software and annotated reference databases to the research community. (4) Test performance of major non-rigid image registration algorithms contained in ITK and SPM using the NIREP software. ..
- Genetic analysis of hair cell regeneration in zebrafishDavid Raible; Fiscal Year: 2008..In contrast, hair cells regenerate in other animals. Understanding the regulatory mechanisms behind successful regeneration will influence strategies towards recovery of function in humans. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Specification of Embryonic Stem Cells in LeechDANIEL SHAIN; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is anticipated that LES cell-associated genes characterized in this study will have mammalian counterparts, based upon the conservation of developmentally important genes across metazoan phyla. ..
- Responses of the Ankle to Changes in Shoe Rocker RadiusAndrew Hansen; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Planning Grant for SOD III Multicenter TrialPeter Cotton; Fiscal Year: 2004..This trial will answer several of the important questions raised by the expert panel at the NIH State of the Science of ERCP Conference, held in January. ..
- USE OF A TACTILE BREAST IMAGER FOR MASS PRE-SCREENINGArmen Sarvazyan; Fiscal Year: 2002..The potential gross revenues on the sale of this device is $520,000,000. ..
- INFLAMMATORY PARENCHYMAL LUNG DISEASE STRUCTURE/FUNCTIONEric Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2003..In the human population, without such measures of pathophysiology and outcomes, other mechanistic studies and tests of newly emerging interventions have not and will not be practically achievable. ..
- Micro CT for Variable Spatial-Temporal ResolutionEric Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The well-qualified staff will provide technical assistance and necessary training. ..
- AMPHETAMINE-LIKE STIMULANTS: NOREPINEPHRINE & BEHAVIORCRAIG BERRIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Information obtained in these studies may provide insight into mechanisms subserving, and treatment of, stimulant drug abuse. ..
- NEUROPSYCHOLOGY AND DEMENTIAJane Paulsen; Fiscal Year: 2002..This award will facilitate the candidate's research efforts towards understanding brain-behavior relations in dementia and using this knowledge to assist families and individuals in treatment planning for the future. ..
- Non-invasive assessment of retinal functionDANIEL TS O; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Acupuncture and Low Back Pain during PregnancyShu Ming Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Ethological Categorization and the Prefrontal CortexYALE COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TISSUE STRESS VARIABILITY AND STRENGTH IN VERTEBRAL BONEYener Yeni; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..