Summary: Materials, frequently computer applications, that combine some or all of text, sound, graphics, animation, and video into integrated packages. (Thesaurus of ERIC Descriptors, 1994)
Publications313 found, 100 shown here
- Interventions to improve research participants' understanding in informed consent for research: a systematic reviewJames Flory
Department of Clinical Bioethics, Warren G Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
JAMA 292:1593-601. 2004..Available data suggest that prospective research participants may frequently not understand information disclosed to them in the informed consent process. Little is known about how understanding can be improved...
- Influence of global climate change on chemical fate and bioaccumulation: the role of multimedia modelsTodd Gouin
Unilever, Safety and Environmental Assurance Centre, Colworth Science Park, Sharnbrook, United Kingdom
Environ Toxicol Chem 32:20-31. 2013b>Multimedia environmental fate models are valuable tools for investigating potential changes associated with global climate change, particularly because thermodynamic forcing on partitioning behavior as well as diffusive and nondiffusive ..
- Effectively incorporating selected multimedia content into medical publicationsAlexander Ziegler
Institut für Immungenetik, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
BMC Med 9:17. 2011..and readers could significantly profit from advances in electronic publishing that permit the inclusion of multimedia content directly into an article...
- Systemizing empathy: teaching adults with Asperger syndrome or high-functioning autism to recognize complex emotions using interactive multimediaOfer Golan
Autism Research Centre, University of Cambridge, Department of Psychiatry, Cambridge, UK
Dev Psychopathol 18:591-617. 2006..Using Mind Reading for a relatively short period of time allows users to learn to recognize a variety of complex emotions and mental states. However, additional methods are required to enhance generalization...
- Comparative analysis of print and multimedia health materials: a review of the literatureElizabeth A H Wilson
Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University, Chicago 60611, USA
Patient Educ Couns 89:7-14. 2012Evaluate the evidence regarding the relative effectiveness of multimedia and print as modes of dissemination for patient education materials; examine whether development of these materials addressed health literacy.
- Sensor based framework for secure multimedia communication in VANETAneel Rahim
Prince Muqrin Chair for IT Security, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
Sensors (Basel) 10:10146-54. 2010Secure multimedia communication enhances the safety of passengers by providing visual pictures of accidents and danger situations...
- Applying the science of learning: evidence-based principles for the design of multimedia instructionRichard E Mayer
Department of Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Am Psychol 63:760-9. 2008..The author provides an overview of how the design of multimedia instruction can be informed by the science of learning and the science of instruction, which yields 10 ..
- Enhancing the "informed" in informed consent: a pilot test of a multimedia presentationMelissa Bekelja Wanzer
Communication Studies Department, Canisius College, NY, USA
Health Commun 25:365-74. 2010The use of a multimedia presentation to supplement the informed consent process for endoscopy procedures was tested at a children's hospital...
- A randomised pilot study to assess the efficacy of an interactive, multimedia tool of cognitive stimulation in Alzheimer's diseaseL Tarraga
Fundacio ACE, Institut Catala de Neurociencies Aplicades, Marquès de Sentmenat, 35 37, 08014 Barcelona, Spain
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 77:1116-21. 2006To determine the usefulness of an interactive multimedia internet-based system (IMIS) for the cognitive stimulation of Alzheimer's disease.
- Computerized, interactive, multimedia cognitive-behavioural program for anxiety and depression in general practiceJ Proudfoot
Department of Psychology, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London
Psychol Med 33:217-27. 2003..We report the first phase of a randomized controlled trial of an interactive multimedia program of cognitive-behavioural techniques, Beating the Blues (BtB), in the treatment of patients in general ..
- Patients' views of a multimedia resource featuring experiences of rheumatoid arthritis: pilot evaluation of www.healthtalkonline.orgMeredith A Newman
Physiotherapy Research Unit, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre NHS Trust Windmill Rd, Headington Oxford OX3 7LD, UK
Health Informatics J 15:147-59. 2009..The site has since been updated with new experiences and rewritten summaries that present a better balance of experiences. Changes were incorporated in an entire site redesign launched in autumn 2008 as www.healthtalkonline.org...
- Evaluating the efficacy of simulators and multimedia for refreshing ACLS skills in IndiaB Elizabeth Delasobera
Georgetown University Hospital and Washington Hospital Center, Department of Emergency Medicine, USA
Resuscitation 81:217-23. 2010Data on the efficacy of the simulation and multimedia teaching modalities is limited, particularly in developing nations. This study evaluates the effectiveness of simulator and multimedia educational tools in India.
- Applying multimedia design principles enhances learning in medical educationNabil Issa
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Med Educ 45:818-26. 2011..report entitled 'Effective Use of Educational Technology' called on researchers to study the effectiveness of multimedia design principles...
- Push and pull models to manage patient consent and licensing of multimedia resources in digital repositories for case-based reasoningAndrzej A Kononowicz
Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
Stud Health Technol Inform 169:203-7. 2011Patient consents for distribution of multimedia constitute a significant element of medical case-based repositories in medicine...
- Masivukeni: development of a multimedia based antiretroviral therapy adherence intervention for counselors and patients in South AfricaRobert H Remien
HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies, New York State Psychiatric Institute and Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive 15, New York, NY 10032, USA
AIDS Behav 17:1979-91. 2013..Masivukeni ("Let's Wake Up" in Xhosa) is an innovative multimedia-based intervention designed to help people living with HIV in resource-limited settings achieve and maintain ..
- A secure mobile multimedia system to assist emergency response teamsYacine Belala
International Institute of Telecommunications, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Telemed J E Health 14:560-9. 2008..Test results obtained on a commercial network under real-life conditions demonstrate the ability to effectively transmit medical data over 3G networks, making them a viable option available to healthcare professionals...
- A multimedia patient education program on colorectal cancer screening increases knowledge and willingness to consider screening among Hispanic/Latino patientsGregory Makoul
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, CT 06105, USA
Patient Educ Couns 76:220-6. 2009To test a multimedia patient education program on colorectal cancer (CRC) screening that was designed specifically for the Hispanic/Latino community, and developed with input from community members.
- Third generation cellular multimedia teleconsultations in plastic surgeryNimrod Farber
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
J Telemed Telecare 17:199-202. 2011..During an eight-month period, 58 multimedia consultations were performed involving 57 patients. The majority of the consultations were for trauma or wounds...
- Use of the mobile phone multimedia messaging service for teledermatologyAlexander Börve
Department of Orthopaedics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Telemed Telecare 18:292-6. 2012We examined the feasibility of using mobile phone Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) to send teledermatology referrals from a general practitioner to a dermatologist...
- Teleconsultation for emergency orthopaedic patients using the multimedia messaging service via mobile phonesChandhanarat Chandhanayingyong
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Physical Medicine, Prince of Songkla University, Haadyai, Songkhla, Thailand
J Telemed Telecare 13:193-6. 2007We investigated the accuracy and usefulness of teleconsultation using the mobile phone multimedia messaging service (MMS) in emergency orthopaedic patients. Pictures of radiographs were taken using a built-in 1...
- Interactive multimedia for promoting physical activity (IMPACT) in childrenMichael I Goran
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Obes Res 13:762-71. 2005To develop and examine the efficacy of a computer-based interactive multimedia curriculum for promoting physical activity in fourth grade children.
- The validity of a computerized use of time recall, the multimedia activity recall for children and adolescentsTim S Olds
Sansom Institute, Div of Health Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Pediatr Exerc Sci 22:34-43. 2010..45 and for MVPA was 0.44. Thus, the MARCA showed validity similar or superior to most self-report instruments for young people...
- Teleconsultation using multimedia messaging service for management plan in pediatric orthopaedics: a pilot studyMarc Elkaim
Department of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Armand Trousseau Hospital, Pierre and Marie Curie Paris 6 University, Paris, France
J Pediatr Orthop 30:296-300. 2010..Application and assessment of the usefulness of image transfer through a mobile telephone in pediatric orthopaedic practice was investigated...
- Instructional multimedia program versus standard lecture: a comparison of two methods for teaching the undergraduate orthodontic curriculumM Aly
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Maxillo Facial Surgery, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Dent Educ 8:43-6. 2004To compare the effectiveness of an interactive multimedia courseware package versus standard lectures regarding knowledge, understanding, and transfer of content, as well as problem-solving skills in orthodontics.
- Multimedia-based courseware in the Virtual Learning Center at the Hannover Medical SchoolH K Matthies
Medical Computing Center, OE 8780, D 30623 Hannover, Germany
Stud Health Technol Inform 77:541-5. 2000..The possibilities of telematics offer a base for multimedia applications, for instance telelearning...
- Extended preoperative patient education using a multimedia DVD-impact on patients receiving a laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a randomised controlled trialD Wilhelm
Department of Surgery, Klinikum r d Isar, Technische Universitat, Munich, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:227-33. 2009..b>Multimedia productions can therefore be utilised as supporting tool...
- Multimedia versus written information for nocturnal enuresis education: a cluster randomized controlled trialS A Redsell
Section of Behavioural Sciences, Division of Psychiatry, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG9 1EU, UK
Child Care Health Dev 29:121-9. 2003This study evaluated the impact of child-focused information provision using a multimedia software package 'All About Nocturnal Enuresis' and written leaflets containing the same information for bedwetting children.
- Using computer-based assessments to evaluate interactive multimedia nutrition education among low-income predominantly Hispanic participantsCammy Jantz
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 1571, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 34:252-60. 2002This research was conducted to measure the effectiveness of interactive multimedia (IMM) with low-income Hispanic persons.
- Pride and performance: evaluation challenges of a multimedia and information technologies project in remote Aboriginal AustraliaErnest Hunter
HITnet, Cairns, QLD, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 17:S155-8. 2009..to an evaluation challenge: to demonstrate the impact of an initiative drawing on innovative use of information/multimedia technology and performance to address perceived social needs within a disadvantaged, remote Indigenous ..
- Cultural and linguistic adaptation of a multimedia colorectal cancer screening decision aid for Spanish-speaking LatinosLinda K Ko
a Department of Cancer Prevention, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Health Commun 19:192-209. 2014..a formative research process used in creating a Spanish-language version of an evidence-based (English language) multimedia colorectal cancer screening decision aid...
- Randomised controlled trial of an interactive multimedia decision aid on benign prostatic hypertrophy in primary careE Murray
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, London N19 3UA
BMJ 323:493-6. 2001..Intervention: Patients' decision aid consisting of an interactive multimedia programme with booklet and printed summary...
- Insulin and leptin relations in obesity: a multimedia approachDaniela K Yokaichiya
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
Adv Physiol Educ 32:231-6. 2008..The students' and TAs' satisfaction was very evident and encouraged us to move forward with the software development and to improve the use of this kind of educational tool in biochemistry classes...
- Development and initial testing of a multimedia program for computer-assisted cognitive therapyJesse H Wright
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Louisville, KY, USA
Am J Psychother 56:76-86. 2002A multimedia program for computer-assisted psychotherapy has been developed to help patients learn cognitive therapy skills...
- Economic analysis of bilingual interactive multimedia nutrition educationSusan Martin Gould
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 1571, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 34:273-8. 2002Interactive multimedia (IMM) provides a means to deliver accurate, consistent, and convenient nutrition education.
- Validity of scores generated by a web-based multimedia simulated patient case software: a pilot studyAnthony F Jerant
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California Davis School of Medicine, 4860 Y Street, Suite 2300, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Acad Med 79:805-11. 2004The value of multimedia simulated patient cases (MSPCs) in medical education remains unclear...
- Extending a multimedia medical record to a regional service with electronic referral and discharge lettersJ Reponen
FinnTelemedicum, University of Oulu, and Department of Radiology, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
J Telemed Telecare 10:81-3. 2004Oulu University Hospital has a Web-based multimedia medical record in use. One key element in the creation of regional e-health networks is an electronic referral letter and discharge letter service...
- Randomized controlled trial comparing tailoring methods of multimedia-based fall prevention education for community-dwelling older adultsStacey L Schepens
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Occup Ther 65:702-9. 2011We attempted to determine whether multimedia fall prevention education using different instructional strategies increases older adults' knowledge of fall threats and their fall prevention behaviors.
- The promise of multimedia technology for STI/HIV prevention: frameworks for understanding improved facilitator delivery and participant learningMaria R Khan
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Maryland at College Park, MD 20742, USA
AIDS Behav 16:1949-60. 2012There is increasing excitement about multimedia sexually transmitted infection (STI) and HIV prevention interventions, yet there has been limited discussion of how use of multimedia technology may improve STI/HIV prevention efforts...
- Multimedia learning tools for teaching undergraduate ophthalmology: results of a randomized clinical studyMichael Steedman
Queen s University School of Medicine, Kingston, Ont
Can J Ophthalmol 47:66-71. 2012To evaluate the effectiveness of a novel multimedia learning tool (MMLT) for teaching a method of approaching common ophthalmologic presentations.
- Significant improvement of the quality of bystander first aid using an expert system with a mobile multimedia deviceLorenz Ertl
European HEMS and Air Ambulance Committee e V, Schillerstr 53, 80336 Munchen, Germany
Resuscitation 74:286-95. 2007..In this case-control study, we hypothesised that expert knowledge presented step-by-step to untrained helpers using a personal digital assistant (PDA), would improve the quality of bystanders basic life support...
- Using a multimedia social marketing campaign to increase active bystanders on the college campusSharyn J Potter
Department of Sociology, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824, USA
J Am Coll Health 60:282-95. 2012..To evaluate the campus-wide administration of the Know Your Power bystander-oriented social marketing campaign...
- SONOSim3D: a multimedia system for sonography simulation and education with an extensible case databaseH H Ehricke
Polytechnical University of Stralsund, Medical Imaging and Computer Graphics Lab, Fachhochschule Stralsund, Fachbereich Elektrotechnik und Informatik, Zur Schwedenschanze 15, D 18435 Stralsund, Germany
Eur J Ultrasound 7:225-300. 1998..Furthermore, a method for the geometric registration of the data volume of a new case with the model of the virtual patient is described. This enables the arbitrary extension of the case database...
- Effects of an individualized multimedia computer program for health education in patients with a recent minor stroke or transient ischemic attack - a randomized controlled trialE Maasland
Department of Neurology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Neurol Scand 115:41-8. 2007..We developed a computer program that provided health education fitting the educational level, risk profile and symptoms of patients and evaluated it in a randomized controlled trial...
- A randomized controlled trial of a self-guided, multimedia, stress management and resilience training programRaphael D Rose
University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Psychology, Los Angeles, CA 900095 1563, USA
Behav Res Ther 51:106-12. 2013..on its efficacy with stressed but healthy individuals, and there are no prior studies employing a self-guided, multimedia intervention...
- Multimedia-based training on Internet platforms improves surgical performance: a randomized controlled trialCarolina Pape-Koehler
Department for Abdominal, Vascular, and Transplant Surgery, Cologne Merheim Medical Center, University of Witten Herdecke, Ostmerheimerstrasse 200, 51109 Köln Cologne, Germany
Surg Endosc 27:1737-47. 2013..Used as a surgical training method, the effect of multimedia-based training on practical surgical skills has not yet been evaluated...
- A survey on multimedia-based cross-layer optimization in visual sensor networksDaniel G Costa
DCA CT UFRN, Campus Universitario, Lagoa Nova, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, 59072 970 Natal RN, Brazil
Sensors (Basel) 11:5439-68. 2011..In such context, multimedia coding is required for data compression and error-resilience, also ensuring energy preservation over the path(s) ..
- Teaching for understanding in medical classrooms using multimedia design principlesNabil Issa
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Med Educ 47:388-96. 2013..AAMC-IME), this study examined whether revising a medical lecture based on evidence-based principles of multimedia design would lead to improved long-term transfer and retention in Year 3 medical students...
- Multimedia education programme for patients with a stoma: effectiveness evaluationShu Fen Lo
Department of Nursing, Tzu Chi College of Technology, and Department of Nursing, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Hualien, Taiwan
J Adv Nurs 67:68-76. 2011This paper is a report of an evaluation of the effectiveness of a multimedia education program in relation to stoma knowledge, self-care attitudes and behaviour with patients with a stoma in the postoperative period.
- Effectiveness of interactive multimedia CD on self-care and powerlessness in hemodialysis patientsLu Mei Wang
School of Nursing, I Shou University, Taiwan, ROC
J Nurs Res 19:102-11. 2011..Hemodialysis (HD) patients have low self-care knowledge, poor self-care behavior, and powerlessness...
- An interactive CD-ROM for nutrition screening and counselingG Block
University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Am J Public Health 90:781-5. 2000..The goal of this project was to develop an interactive CD-ROM for nutrition screening and counseling, designed to produce dietary behavior change in fat and fruit and vegetable intake...
- "It's your game": an innovative multimedia virtual world to prevent HIV/STI and pregnancy in middle school youthRoss Shegog
Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 129:983-7. 2007..Interactive multimedia can offer a confidential, tailored, and motivational educational experience...
- COMPARE radiology: creating an interactive Web-based training program for radiology with multimedia authoring softwareMarkus Grunewald
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Medical Faculty, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Maximiliansplatz 1, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Acad Radiol 10:543-53. 2003..To improve the efficiency of radiology training at their institution, the authors decided to create an interactive Web-based training site...
- Multimedia fate model for hexachlorocyclohexane in Tianjin, ChinaHongying Cao
Department of Urban and Environmental Sciences, Laboratory for Earth Surface Processes, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Environ Sci Technol 38:2126-32. 2004..The dispersions of the calculated and observed concentrations were compared in terms of coefficients of variation to distinguish between true variability and model uncertainty...
- Multimedia instructions and cognitive load theory: effects of modality and cueingHuib K Tabbers
Educational Technology Expertise Centre, Open University of the Netherlands
Br J Educ Psychol 74:71-81. 2004Recent research on the influence of presentation format on the effectiveness of multimedia instructions has yielded some interesting results...
- Increased interestingness of extraneous details in a multimedia science presentation leads to decreased learningRichard E Mayer
Department of Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106 9660, USA
J Exp Psychol Appl 14:329-39. 2008..Results are consistent with a cognitive theory of multimedia learning, in which highly interesting details sap processing capacity away from deeper cognitive processing of ..
- Effects of Dental 3D Multimedia System on the performance of junior dental students in preclinical practice: a report from ChinaJian Hu
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Stomatology, Wuhan University, Hubei, China
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 14:123-33. 2009..In China, 3D digital technology, such as Virtual Reality Systems, are often rejected in the dental field due to prohibitive pricing. There is also a reluctance to move away from traditional patterns of dental education...
- Guidelines for cognitively efficient multimedia learning tools: educational strategies, cognitive load, and interface designTiffany Grunwald
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Acad Med 81:213-23. 2006..There are thousands of available multimedia learning tools (MMLTs), but no quantitative scale exists to assess their efficiency and overall educational ..
- Development and prospective evaluation of a multimedia teaching course on aortic valve replacementR Friedl
Department of Heart Surgery, University Hospital of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 54:1-9. 2006..There is evidence in the literature that multimedia driven learning has advantages in medical fields where an understanding of complex temporal and spatial events ..
- Anti-collusion forensics of multimedia fingerprinting using orthogonal modulationZ Jane Wang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, Canada
IEEE Trans Image Process 14:804-21. 2005Digital fingerprinting is a method for protecting digital data in which fingerprints that are embedded in multimedia are capable of identifying unauthorized use of digital content...
- Innovative web-based multimedia curriculum improves cardiac examination competency of residentsJasminka M Criley
UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Hosp Med 3:124-33. 2008..With growing concerns about ensuring patient safety and quality of care, public and professional organizations are calling for a renewed emphasis on the teaching and evaluation of clinical skills in residency training...
- Multimedia educational aids for improving consumer knowledge about illness management and treatment decisions: a review of randomized controlled trialsDilip V Jeste
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Geriatric Psychiatry, University of California, 116A 1 VA San Diego Healthcare System, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
J Psychiatr Res 42:1-21. 2008..In this paper, we review studies that compared the effects of multimedia (video- or computer-based) educational aids with those of routine procedures to inform healthcare consumers ..
- DebugIT for patient safety - improving the treatment with antibiotics through multimedia data mining of heterogeneous clinical dataChristian Lovis
University Hospitals of Geneva, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Stud Health Technol Inform 136:641-6. 2008..with different languages and legislations; to analyze large amounts of this clinical data with advanced multimedia data mining and finally apply the obtained knowledge for clinical decisions and outcome monitoring...
- Added value of selected images embedded into radiology reports to referring cliniciansVeena R Iyer
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 7:205-10. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the added utility of embedding images for findings described in radiology text reports to referring clinicians...
- A multimedia retrieval framework based on semi-supervised ranking and relevance feedbackYi Yang
College of Computer Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 34:723-42. 2012We present a new framework for multimedia content analysis and retrieval which consists of two independent algorithms...
- Interactive computer technology for skin cancer prevention targeting childrenR L Hornung
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
Am J Prev Med 18:69-76. 2000Computer technology has become an integral part of health care, yet there have been few studies exploring the use of multimedia technology in the prevention of cancer, especially targeting children.
- The impact of a multimedia informational intervention on psychosocial adjustment among individuals with newly diagnosed breast or prostate cancer: a feasibility studyCarmen G Loiselle
School of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Patient Educ Couns 80:48-55. 2010To examine the impact of an 8-week cancer multimedia informational intervention on health-related outcomes among individuals newly diagnosed with cancer.
- Tailored interactive multimedia computer programs to reduce health disparities: opportunities and challengesAnthony Jerant
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA, USA
Patient Educ Couns 85:323-30. 2011To review the theory and research evidence suggesting that tailored interactive multimedia computer programs (IMCPs) aimed at optimizing patient health behaviors could lessen socio-demographic health disparities.
- Teaching basic life support algorithms by either multimedia presentations or case based discussion equally improves the level of cognitive skills of undergraduate medical studentsEnrique Carrero
Department of Anaesthesiology, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, Barcelona, Spain
Med Teach 31:e189-95. 2009..There is no evidence on the best method for teaching Basic Life Support (BLS)...
- Effects of a tailored interactive multimedia computer program on determinants of colorectal cancer screening: a randomized controlled pilot study in physician officesAnthony Jerant
Department of Family and Community Medicine DF and CM, University of California Davis UCD School of Medicine SOM, 4860 Y Street, Suite 2300, Sacramento, CA 95817, United States
Patient Educ Couns 66:67-74. 2007Screening reduces colorectal cancer (CRC) mortality and is cost-effective, yet uptake is suboptimal. We developed and evaluated a personally tailored interactive multimedia computer program (IMCP) to encourage CRC screening.
- Multimedia modeling of human exposure to chemical substances: the roles of food web biomagnification and biotransformationJon A Arnot
Centre for Environmental Modelling and Chemistry, Trent University, 1600 West Bank Drive, Peterborough, Ontario K9J7B8, Canada
Environ Toxicol Chem 29:45-55. 2010..Recommendations for further model evaluations and revisions are discussed...
- Interpretation of electrocardiogram images sent through the mobile phone multimedia messaging serviceMuhammet Bilgi
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Telemed J E Health 18:126-31. 2012In this study, the diagnostic accuracy of interpretations of electrocardiogram (ECG) images taken by a mobile phone and sent as multimedia message was investigated.
- A multimedia CD-ROM tool to improve student understanding of bile salts and bilirubin metabolism: evaluation of its use in a medical hybrid PBL courseSamy A Azer
Faculty Education Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Adv Physiol Educ 29:40-50. 2005..The use of an integrated multimedia program on the liver covering these gaps in textbooks may be useful to student learning...
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of a multimedia learning education program for stoma patientsShu Fen Lo
Department of Nursing, Tzu Chi College of Technology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Nurs 19:1844-54. 2010The purpose of this study was to compare the costs and effectiveness of enterostomal education using a multimedia learning education program (MLEP) and a conventional education service program (CESP).
- Developing a multimedia environment for customized teaching of an adrenalectomyJuan Cendan
University of Florida College of Medicine, JHMHC, Gainesville, FL 32610 0286, USA
Surg Endosc 21:1012-6. 2007..A laparoscopic adrenalectomy is presented as a proof of concept in the accompanying article...
- Multimedia Messaging Service teleradiology in the provision of emergency neurosurgery servicesWai Hoe Ng
Department of Neurosurgery, National Neuroscience Institute, 308433 Singapore
Surg Neurol 67:338-41. 2007..b>Multimedia Messaging Service mobile phone technology offers a simple, cheap, quick, and effective solution to the problem ..
- Asthma 1-2-3: a low literacy multimedia tool to educate African American adults about asthmaRina M Sobel
Health Literacy and Learning Program, Center for Communication in Healthcare, Institute for Healthcare Studies, Division of General Internal Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Community Health 34:321-7. 2009Asthma 1-2-3 is a newly-developed low-literacy multimedia education tool designed to promote asthma self-care concepts among African American adults. An expert panel (n = 10) informed content development for the tool...
- An intervention of acupressure and interactive multimedia to improve visual health among Taiwanese schoolchildrenMei Ling Yeh
Department of Nursing, National Taipei College of Nursing, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Public Health Nurs 25:10-7. 2008..This study aimed to construct an intervention of acupressure and interactive multimedia for visual health and to evaluate the effect of its application on schoolchildren.
- Impact of A Smoking Prevention Interactive Experience (ASPIRE), an interactive, multimedia smoking prevention and cessation curriculum for culturally diverse high-school studentsAlexander V Prokhorov
Department of Behavioral Science, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:1477-85. 2008..ASPIRE demonstrated the potential for an interactive multimedia program to promote smoking prevention. Further studies are required to determine ASPIRE's effects on cessation.
- Implementation and evaluation of a low-literacy diabetes education computer multimedia applicationBen S Gerber
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Diabetes Care 28:1574-80. 2005To evaluate a clinic-based multimedia intervention for diabetes education targeting individuals with low health literacy levels in a diverse population.
- Happy ending: a randomized controlled trial of a digital multi-media smoking cessation interventionHåvar Brendryen
Department of Psychology, University of Oslo, Norway
Addiction 103:478-84; discussion 485-6. 2008..To assess the long-term efficacy of a fully automated digital multi-media smoking cessation intervention...
- A multimedia interactive education system for prostate cancer patients: development and preliminary evaluationMichael A Diefenbach
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Division of Population Science, 333 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
J Med Internet Res 6:e3. 2004..Yet, to make informed treatment choices patients have to learn complicated disease and treatment information that is often fraught with medical and statistical terminology. Thus, patients need accurate and easy-to-understand information...
- Personalized oral debriefing versus standardized multimedia instruction after patient crisis simulationTimothy M Welke
St Michael s Anesthesia Research into Teaching SMART Simulation Group, Department of Anesthesia, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Anesth Analg 109:183-9. 2009Simulation experience alone without debriefing is insufficient for learning. Standardized multimedia instruction has been shown to be useful in teaching surgical skills but has not been evaluated for use as an adjunct in crisis management ..
- The Native Telehealth Outreach and Technical Assistance Program: a community-based approach to the development of multimedia-focused health care informationRhonda Wiegman Dick
American Indian and Alaska Native Programs, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Mail Stop F800, PO Box 6508Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am Indian Alsk Native Ment Health Res 14:49-66. 2007..Eight of the participants successfully developed multimedia-based projects including Web sites, interactive CD-ROMs, and video focusing on a variety of health concerns...
- Development and evaluation of an interactive multimedia clinical skills teaching program designed for the pediatric clerkshipAnthony J Frisby
Academic Instructional Support and Resources, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Teach Learn Med 18:18-21. 2006We evaluated the physical-examination section of a multimedia program developed to teach infant history and physical-examination skills.
- The multimedia computer for office-based patient education: a systematic reviewJames L Wofford
Department of Internal Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Patient Educ Couns 59:148-57. 2005Use of the multimedia computer for education is widespread in schools and businesses, and yet computer-assisted patient education is rare...
- The relationship between health literacy and knowledge improvement after a multimedia type 2 diabetes education programNamratha R Kandula
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Patient Educ Couns 75:321-7. 2009b>Multimedia diabetes education programs (MDEP) have the potential to improve communication and education of those with low health literacy...
- Use of the relative concentration to evaluate a multimedia model for PAHs in the absence of emission estimatesYunah Lee
Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Seoul National University, Kwanak Ku, Shilimdong San 56 1, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Environ Sci Technol 38:1079-88. 2004With no confident emission information, a dynamic multimedia model (POPsME) was evaluated by comparing predicted and measured relative concentrations (defined as the ratio of concentration in a medium to that in soil) for 12 polycyclic ..
- Evaluation and comparison of multimedia mass balance models of chemical fate: application of EUSES and ChemCAN to 68 chemicals in JapanK Kawamoto
Department of Architectural Environmental Engineering, Kanto Gakuin University, Yokohama, Japan
Chemosphere 44:599-612. 2001..Primary sources of discrepancy between modeled and observed concentrations are believed to be uncertainties in emission rates, degradation half-lives, and the lack of data on advective inflow of contaminants in air...
- A multimedia tool for the informed consent of patients prior to gastric bandingCarsten Eggers
Department of Visceral and Vascular Surgery, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:2866-73. 2007..The literature has shown that better informed consent is obtained using information presented in a multimedia/video-based format...
- Telemedicine in emergency evaluation of acute stroke: interrater agreement in remote video examination with a novel multimedia systemRene Handschu
Department of Neurology, Friedrich Alexander Universitaet, Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
Stroke 34:2842-6. 2003..This study tested for the first time whether remote video examination is feasible and reliable when applied in emergency stroke care using the National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS)...
- Teleconferencing using multimedia messaging service (MMS) for long-range consultation of patients with neurosurgical problems in an acute situationVicknes Waran
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Trauma 64:362-5; discussion 365. 2008....
- A model for a PC-based, universal-format, multimedia digitization system: moving beyond the scannerJames C McEachen
Department of Radiology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, 530 NE Glen Oak Dr, SF NB 4695, Peoria, IL 61637, USA
Acad Radiol 10:914-8. 2003..The authors' goal was to create a PC-based solution for digitizing multiple media formats in a timely fashion while maintaining adequate image presentation quality...
- A multimedia intervention on cardiopulmonary resuscitation and advance directivesR Yamada
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Gen Intern Med 14:559-63. 1999OBJECTIVE: To assess the effects of a multimedia educational intervention about advance directives (ADs) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on the knowledge, attitude and activity toward ADs and life-sustaining treatments of elderly ..
- A Web-based multimedia medical humanities curriculumCaroline Wellbery
Department of Family Medicine, Georgetown University, 217 Kober Cogan Hall, 3800 Reservoir Road, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Fam Med 37:165-7. 2005
- [Multimedia preoperative patient information]S Klima
Klinik und Poliklinik für Orthopädie und Physikalische Medizin, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg
Chirurg 76:398-403. 2005..We asked 300 patients about their satisfaction with the newly developed program. The multimedia presentation gives the patient more time, enough detail and clarity, and the chance to repeat parts of the film...
- Development of a tool for evaluating multimedia for surgical educationJane Coughlan
School of Information Systems, Computing, and Mathematics, Brunel University, Uxbridge, United Kingdom
J Surg Res 149:94-100. 2008Educational multimedia has been designed to provide surgical trainees with expert operative information outside of the operating theater. The effectiveness of multimedia (e.g...
- A novel multimedia tool to improve bedside teaching of cardiac auscultationA Woywodt
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Postgrad Med J 80:355-7. 2004..Amalgamating traditional phonocardiography with a multimedia approach, this system represents a novel tool for bedside teaching of cardiac auscultation.
- RNA movies: visualizing RNA secondary structure spacesD Evers
Technische Fakultat, Universitat Bielefeld, Postfach 100 131, 33501 Bielefeld
Bioinformatics 15:32-7. 1999..From this script, the system fully automatically generates animated graphical structure representations. In this way, it creates the impression of an RNA molecule exploring its own two-dimensional structure space...
- Cancer cell biology: a student-centered instructional module exploring the use of multimedia to enrich interactive, constructivist learning of scienceSusanne M Bockholt
Department of Biology, CB no 3280, Coker Hall, 010A, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 3365, USA
Cell Biol Educ 2:35-50. 2003b>Multimedia has the potential of providing bioscience education novel learning environments and pedagogy applications to foster student interest, involve students in the research process, advance critical thinking/problem-solving skills, ..
- Multimedia formats for patient education and health communication: does user preference matter?David Wiljer
J Med Internet Res 5:e19. 2003
- Improving informed consent of surgical patients using a multimedia-based program? Results of a prospective randomized multicenter study of patients before cholecystectomyElfriede Bollschweiler
Department of Visceral and Vascular Surgery, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Ann Surg 248:205-11. 2008..The goal of the current study was to investigate whether standard methods of consenting can be improved using a multimedia-based information program (MM-IP).
- Interactive Multimedia Intervention to Improve Colonoscopy and Bowel Prep AdhereJOHN MATTHEW INADOMI; Fiscal Year: 2012..To address these issues, this SBIR will evaluate the feasibility of developing an interactive, multimedia intervention to increase adherence to the bowel preparation regimen for colonoscopy...
- Mission Reconnect: Promoting Resilience and Reintegration of Post-Deployment VeteJanet Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2013..Product. Mission Reconnect is an integrated multimedia program deliverable over the Internet and mobile devices, and hard copy (DVD, CD, manual).
- Ubiquitous Mobile Multimedia for Environmental Public Health Outreach and SocialCESAR BANDERA; Fiscal Year: 2010..cell phone, and demographics with less access to the Internet tend to be more frequent users of mobile multimedia: 54% of white adults use multimedia messaging on their phones, versus 56% of African Americans and 76% of ..
- High School Student NeuroResearch Program (HSNRP)Marlys Hearst Witte; Fiscal Year: 2013..and includes a high school level brief Introduction to Pathobiology, topical seminars, laboratory/leadership/multimedia skill workshops, clinical correlations, social networking, and career advising...
- Reducing HIV Risk in Adult Women with Intellectual DisabilitiesJENNIFER J WELLS; Fiscal Year: 2012..The purpose of this application is to expand upon our Phase I work and further develop a fully-interactive multimedia (IMM) computer-based HIV/AIDS prevention curricula for adult women with mild intellectual disabilities (ID) (I.Q...
- A Multimedia Depression Amelioration Program for Family Dementia CaregiversJohn R Seeley; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will develop and evaluate an interactive multimedia intervention designed to reduce depressive symptomatology and prevent depressive disorders among at-risk family ..
- Illness Management and Recovery Program: IMR-WebJAMES P O apos HALLORAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..IMR materials will be translated into interactive, engaging, multimedia presentations with simplified navigation requirements...
- Mission Reconnect: Promoting Resilience and Re-Integration of Post-Deployment VetWILLIAM B COLLINGE; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The overall goal of this project is to produce a multimedia educational intervention that will support recently returned veterans of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) ..
- Digital Star: HIV Prevention for Youth in Mental Health TreatmentJosh S Spitalnick; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this SBIR Fast-Track project is to transform STAR into an engaging digital, multimedia format, Digital STAR (D*STAR), for easy and reliable use by care agencies that serve adolescents in mental ..
- The Interactive Cholesterol Advisory Tool (ICAT)CHARLES SCOTT RIGBY; Fiscal Year: 2011..To achieve this, the ICAT will use highly engaging and personalized multimedia technology, capitalizing on the scientifically validated, self-determination-theory (SDT) health behavior model (..
- Infection and Immunity K-12 Science Program: Exploring Knowns/Unknowns via VCRC/QMarlys Hearst Witte; Fiscal Year: 2013..the biomedical world and K-12 schools and general public;2) develop a new inquiry-driven student-centered multimedia K-12 core curriculum - "Infection and Immunity: Knowns and Unknowns (Answers! and Questions?)" (InIm K!/U?)...
- Aging the Central Nervous System and Mobility in Older AdultsStephanie A Studenski; Fiscal Year: 2013..discussions and exchanges of ideas from workshop participants by providing ample time for interactions and using multimedia presentation formats, including videos;and 7) disseminate findings, discussions, and recommendations to ..
- Summers in Childrens Research for Diverse High School StudentsMarlys Hearst Witte; Fiscal Year: 2013..is a web-based gridware platform designed to link NIH-CTSAs and GCRCs to the K-12 community, using advanced multimedia technology familiar to teenagers and younger children...
- Advances in Plasmodium Vivax Malaria ResearchJane M Carlton; Fiscal Year: 2013..The dissemination of knowledge originating from the conference via an open-access, online multimedia report and additional print publication will ultimately foster advancement in the diagnosis, prevention, and ..
- Masivukeni: A Multimedia ART Adherence Intervention for Resource-Limited SettingsRobert H Remien; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Multimedia Internet-Based Program for Workers with Subthreshold DepressionJohn R Seeley; Fiscal Year: 2012..This project will develop and test an interactive multimedia program to teach cognitive-behavioral and interpersonal skills to workers with subthreshold depression in order ..
- A Tailored Internet Intervention for Skin Cancer Risk Reduction in Young AdultsCarolyn J Heckman; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the first stage of the project, the tailored intervention including interactive and multimedia materials will be developed and refined through acceptability and usability testing...
- 6th International Conference on SBDSSridhar Mani; Fiscal Year: 2011..conference and their open access dissemination in the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences and an online multimedia report will ultimately foster advancement in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of SDS and related genetic ..
- Tribal Health and Resilience in Vulnerable Environment (Thrive) StudyVALARIE J JERNIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim #3: Create a multimedia manual, co-developed with tribal members, guiding tribes in food environment changes, and disseminated over a ..
- Staying Off Substances: A Tailored Early Recovery Program for TeensKIMBERLEE JEAN TRUDEAU; Fiscal Year: 2012..team a) produced a demonstration program that was perceived by key stakeholders as highly usable and engaging multimedia program and b) determined the necessary technologies to produce the complete program in Phase II...
- Improving Oral Health and Quality of Life After Oral Cancer: A Web-based ApproachHODA J BADR; Fiscal Year: 2012..This project seeks to establish the feasibility of an interactive, web-based, multimedia intervention called Computer Assisted oral health REhabilitation and Support (CARES)...
- HIV/AIDS Prevention for Men with Intellectual DisabilitiesJENNIFER J WELLS; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The purpose of this application is to develop a fully interactive, multimedia computer-based CD-ROM HIV/AIDS prevention curriculum for adult men with mild and moderate intellectual disabilities (I.Q...
- Tendrils: A Multimedia Intervention for Women's Sexual Dysfunction after CancerLESLIE RUTH SCHOVER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Yet, few women get the help they need for sexual problems. Our primary objective is to develop and evaluate a multimedia intervention program for women with cancer-related sexual dysfunction...
- Animal Models and Drug DiscoveryGarret A Fitzgerald; Fiscal Year: 2011..We expect that the discussions originating from the conference and their dissemination via an open access online multimedia report will ultimately foster advancement in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of a multitude of human ..
- Increasing Colorectal Cancer Screening among African AmericanRichard C Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2012..The primary goal of the proposed research will be to develop and test an interactive multimedia program that is aimed at increasing awareness about CRC, knowledge of testing options, decision-making, and ..
- HealthCare Manager: A Remote Medication and Personal Health Plan Support SystemDaniel K Davies; Fiscal Year: 2010..home health therapies, and a web based module to allow caregivers to 1) remotely update the schedule and multimedia instruction sets used by the senior, and 2) to receive health care regimen adherence feedback...
- Wearable eButton for Evaluation of Energy Balance with Environmental Context andMingui Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..eButton will store the multimedia data acquired by a variety of advanced miniature sensors in a flash memory within the device...
- Toward a multi-modal and multi-level analysis of Chinese aphasic discoursePAK HIN ANTHONY KONG; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., a standardized assessment procedure, a multimedia database, and a multi-level coding system...
- Preventing Aggression in Veterans with DementiaMark E Kunik; Fiscal Year: 2013..PAVeD uses didactics, role-playing, and multimedia (e.g., books and DVDs)...
- MyFAP: A Multimedia Intervention for Adolescents and Young Adults with FAPJEFFERY MCLAUGHLIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our long- term goal is to develop and evaluate an intervention that will provide information and support to facilitate young persons'self-management and coping with the unique medical and psychological demands of FAP. ..
- Web-Based Substance Abuse STD/HIV PreventionW Gill Woodall; Fiscal Year: 2010..through focus and reaction groups that help refine issues and design effective curricular materials and multimedia production and programming in the Internet environment...
- Tailored Touchscreen Colorectal Cancer Prevention in Urban Core ClinicsK Allen Greiner; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the intervention will be delivered in primary care settings on low-cost touch screen computers through multimedia audio-narrative and video messages...
- HIV Prevention Messages Targeting Latino MSMMaria Rosa Solorio; Fiscal Year: 2013..constructed messages on HIV testing and condom use into PSAs;2) Develop a communication strategy, using a multimedia approach, to reach young Latino MSM...
- Smartphone Delivered Comprehensive Heart Failure Self-management SystemANTHONY ALEXANDER STERNS; Fiscal Year: 2012..the smartphone features available for medication adherence, completing interactive surveys, learning from the multimedia educational materials presented, and providing data such as weekly weight to researchers...
- Objective Monitoring of Energy Intake and Ingestive Behavior in a Free Living PopEDWARD S SAZONOV; Fiscal Year: 2011..Using cameras to assess food intake appears to be comparable to diet but even when multimedia diet records that include tape recorders and cameras are used, it appears that people still underreport their ..
- Real Health: Innovative Health Media Service to Increase Visual Image DiversityMARY K BULLER; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): As a health communication, multimedia and graphic design firm, we, like many others, are consumers of high quality royalty-free stock photography for health education materials...
- Internet-based osteoarthritis pain coping skills interventionChristine Rini; Fiscal Year: 2012..a proven in-person pain coping skills protocol into an interactive Internet- based application that uses multimedia and expert systems technology to mimic in-person interventions...
- Reducing Urban Women's HIV Risk: Soap Opera Videos on Video Capable Cell PhonesRachel Jones; Fiscal Year: 2012..The popularity of the cell phone and use of the Internet for multimedia offer a new communication channel to address health disparities in young urban women...
- A Home Exercise Program (DVD) for Women with Infants and Young ChildrenCHERYL LYNN ALBRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2012..This Phase II project will develop and test an interactive web-enabled multimedia program, titled "Choose to Move...
- m-Health for Just-In-Time Occupational Safety TrainingCESAR BANDERA; Fiscal Year: 2011..aid for safety training and monitoring that exploits the ability of workers'cell phones to send and receive multimedia. The popularity of mobile text messaging (SMS) in m-Health has prompted its use as a method to deliver simple ..
- Toolkit for parents &teachers of chronically ill children with school absencesLouise Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Toolkit will be a comprehensive, evidence-based, integrated set of print and multimedia materials, hosted on an interactive website. The need for the Toolkit is significant. Approximately 4...
- Staff Training to Manage Aggressive Resident BehaviorsA Irvine; Fiscal Year: 2009..The interactive multimedia format is particularly well-suited for staff training of this type because it has been shown to be effective (..
- Reducing HIV Disparities: Sexual Concurrency Communication for HIV Prevention amoMichele Peake Andrasik; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will develop a multimedia tool in English, Kiswahili, and Amharic illustrating principles of HIV transmission in sexual networks for use ..
- A Community-Academic Partnership to Address Disparities in Obesity Among YouthMark A Schuster; Fiscal Year: 2013..fruit and vegetable offerings;informational signage;free water at lunchtime), peer advocacy, and school-wide multimedia promotion...
- Adaptation of Consumer Guides for Patients with Low Health LiteracyMaria E Suarez Almazor; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The overall goal of this application is to develop alternative multimedia products to translate and disseminate the information provided in Comparative Effectiveness Research Summary Guides (CERSGs) ..
- Lessons Learned: Sago & Darby Disasters - The Missing Component in SCSR TrainingCHRISTOPHER T HELD; Fiscal Year: 2010..HEALTH RELEVANCE: The goal of this program is to design a proof of concept, training program using advanced multimedia training technologies, including eLearning, DVD blended learning, and mLearning (mobile), with the intention of ..
- Teen Bullying Prevention across Place and Digital Space: The TOTAL ApproachCARMELA GINA LOMONACO; Fiscal Year: 2012..TOTAL will gather into one multimedia resource, a collection of easy-to-use, customizable evidence-based prevention programs, best practices and ..
- Web-Based Interactive Multimedia CBT Bereavement Support ProgramVICKY GELATT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Web-based CBT intervention will integrate and operationalize prevailing grief theories in a cost-effective, multimedia bereavement support program...
- College Bystanders: Coaching Students With Technology to Help Intoxicated peersAndrea L Dunn; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed project is a partnership between researchers and multimedia programmers at Klein Buendel, Inc...
- Psychological Screening Instruments for Older Adults in Medical SettingsTAMARA J KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2012..patient, provides guidelines for the health care provider based on results, and can optionally, provide tailored multimedia health education to the patient based on their answers...
- Online Training Program for Parents of Children with Autism Spectrum DisorderRUTH A FALCO; Fiscal Year: 2012..Each program session will contain rich multimedia lessons that present engaging, realistic video vignettes;interactive skill-building exercises;interactive ..
- Supporting Sexual Health Education by CBO-based Youth Development ProfessionalsRICHARD CHARLES GOLDSWORTHY; Fiscal Year: 2012..Although the effort will make use of innovative media and technologies-including multimedia, interactivity, social networking, and smart phone compatible delivery-the emphasis, and innovation, is the ..
- Padres Preparados: A Cultural Adaption of an Evidence-Based Parenting InterventioMELANIE MARIE DOMENECH RODRIGUEZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..An interactive, user-friendly, multimedia presentation of culturally adapted PMTO-based parent training will be developed for Latino parents of preschool-..
- Dancing Dots Music Touch TTT: Multi-modal Teaching System for Blind musicians. TWILLIAM R MCCANN; Fiscal Year: 2010..provided by applicant): Project Summary/Abstract The Talking Tactile Tablet (TTT) is a well established, multimedia PC peripheral for teaching literary braille...
- DIORAMA: Dynamic Information Collection and Resource Tracking ArchitectureAura Ganz; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this project, the Multimedia Networks Laboratory at University of Massachusetts Amherst, under the direction of the PI, will collaborate with ..
- BITE: Planning, Project Management & Evaluation WebsiteWALTER FRANKLIN YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..in partnership with the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors propose to: Produce an interactive, multimedia, web-based program that integrates physical activity and nutrition program planning, management and evaluation ..
- Implementing a low-literacy, multimedia IT system to enhance patient-centered canElizabeth Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2009..The overall objective of the proposed demonstration project is to test whether a low-literacy friendly, multimedia information and assessment system used in daily clinical practice enhances patient-centered care and improves ..
- Make an IMPACT: A Culturally Sensitive Intimate Partner Violence Prevention ToolCARMELA GINA LOMONACO; Fiscal Year: 2012..IPV Modules for Prevention and Cultural Tailoring) Resource and Training Center will offer an innovative online multimedia resource that will simultaneously provide the following: (1) information about the evidence-based factors of ..
- Second Manhood: A Multimedia Intervention for Male Sexual Problems after CancerPAUL MARTINETTI; Fiscal Year: 2012..This fast-track STTR will create and evaluate a multimedia educational and counseling tool to promote recovery of sexual satisfaction in men treated for cancer...
- Computerized Early Dementia Assessment SystemJAMES P O apos HALLORAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Advanced CEDAS utilities will also include: (a) integral, multimedia-based, examiner training for all tests;(b) automated project reporting and documentation;(c) automated patient ..
- Web-based Parenting Intervention for Mothers of Infants At-Risk for MaltreatmentEDWARD GUSTAV FEIL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Through the use of recent advances in multimedia technology and software as well as the rise of computer networking via the Internet, there now exists an ..
- PRE-VIEW An Interactive Video Doctor to Encourage Cancer ScreeningJUDITH MARY EILEEN WALSH; Fiscal Year: 2013..PRE-VIEW is a multimedia intervention that assesses stage of change for each individual type of cancer screening, uses an interactive ..
- Obesity Education Campaign - a multimedia resource for parents and significant caHENRY WATTS; Fiscal Year: 2009..As part of their "Obesity Education Campaign" (OEC), State of the Art, Inc. proposes the development of a multimedia resource for parents and significant caregivers of children ages 3-5 that addresses this need by building ..
- HERMES - Help physicians to Extract and aRticulate Multimedia information from liHong Yu; Fiscal Year: 2009..processing (MLP) approaches to build a fully automated system HERMES - Help physicians to Extract and aRticulate Multimedia information from literature to answer their ad-hoc medical quEstionS...
- Enhanced Multimedia Telehealth for Hearing DisabilitiesYunxin Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2005..While the proposed aims focus on persons with hearing loss, it is expected that the multimedia enhancements to telehealth will significantly benefit persons with intact hearing as well...
- Couples and Cancer: Building Partner Efficacy in CaringWilliam Collinge; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This proposal is to develop and evaluate a multimedia program to instruct lay caregivers in safe and informed use of massage as a form of support in cancer...
- Multimedia Motivational Interviewing Training for Physical TherapistsROBIN INLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2007..proposal, Behavioral Research, Incorporated, (BRI) seeks to design and develop a prototype for a computer-based, multimedia, interactive, educational program to teach PT students the techniques of MI for use in clinical settings and to ..
- INTERACTIVE MULTIMEDIA CASE BASED TRAINING FOR DYSPHAGIAJo Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2000This project will develop an interactive multimedia CD-ROM program to provide training to health service professionals working with adults with swallowing disorders (dysphagia)...
- SUNNY DAYS HEALTHY WAYS GRADES 6-8 SUN SAFETY CURRICULUMDavid Buller; Fiscal Year: 2002..develop a sun safety curriculum for children in grades 6-8 that contains classroom instruction and interactive multimedia computer programs and evaluate its ability to increase children's sun protection attitudes and behaviors (limit ..
- The Computer Assisted Brief Intervention for Tobacco (CABIT)Edwin Boudreaux; Fiscal Year: 2007..the limitations of existing products by integrating an automated, empirically-based tobacco assessment with a multimedia intervention in a manner that can be used across a variety of settings...
- Translation and Dissemination of Simulator for Novice DriversR Allen; Fiscal Year: 2009..to be involved in an automobile crash and is used to pro- duce customized training intervention with various multimedia presentations...
- Multimedia Tool for Psychology Graduate Student ASD Assessment TrainingDorothy Strickland; Fiscal Year: 2007..Innovations in multimedia computer technology and improvements in the ease of access to computer-based programs and videos via the ..
- Integrated Multimedia CBT Bereavement SupportBLAIR IRVINE; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose to integrate and operationalize these theories in a cost-effective, multimedia bereavement support program that uses interactive video to teach cognitive-behavioral coping skills...
- Behavioral Multimedia for ACL Reconstructive SurgeryBritton Brewer; Fiscal Year: 2007..The purpose of this STTR project is to develop a comprehensive behavioral multimedia package designed to reduce preoperative anxiety, decrease pain and anxiety during rehabilitation, and enhance ..
- Research Enhancements and Administration ProjectBarbara Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2003..The specific aims of the project are: 1) to develop a multimedia community outreach and participant education campaign, 2) to develop a model interactive seminar on human ..
- Multimedia First Aid Program for FamiliesLynne Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..This project proposes to create a multimedia first aid training program for families that can be viewed in Internet/Intranet, CD-ROM or DVD-ROM formats...
- Coping with Breast Cancer and Treatment: An E-Learning Course for Skills and StraKELLY CARPENTER; Fiscal Year: 2009..were created with Talaria's proprietary software, are highly interactive, and are presented in a multimedia format...
- Multimedia Support for Caregivers of the Seriously IllA Irvine; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This project will provide a web-based multimedia support program for employed family caregivers of older adults who require assistance with activities of daily living (e.g...
- Multilingual Health Education Resource ProjectMARY GILLISPIE; Fiscal Year: 2002..The goal of this project is to contribute to the development of a free on-line multilingual multimedia digital library of health information...
- INTERVENTIONS TO REDUCE EATING DISORDER RISK FACTORSC Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2004..Secondary aims are to evaluate the long-term effects, of a moderated, interactive, multimedia intervention to: reduce potential risk factors for eating disorders, determine the importance of weight gain, ..
- Training for Administering Meds to SchoolchildrenMargaret McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2003..Many states and school nurses recognize the need for a comprehensive multimedia training program to ensure the competency of UAPs who administer medications and the competency of the school ..
- WSTDtv: Adolescent Multimedia STD Prevention CurriculumRichard Goldsworthy; Fiscal Year: 2009..By combining multimedia activities, web-based resources, and electronic and print teacher support tools and strategies, WSTDtv will ..
- Interactive Multimedia Training Program for First Steps to Success InterventionJohn Seeley; Fiscal Year: 2009..The overall aim of the proposed project is to develop an interactive multimedia training program for effectively implementing the FSS intervention...