Genomes and Genes
Summary: Published materials which provide an examination of recent or current literature. Review articles can cover a wide range of subject matter at various levels of completeness and comprehensiveness based on analyses of literature that may include research findings. The review may reflect the state of the art. It also includes reviews as a literary form.
Publications247 found, 100 shown here
- Searching the Literatura Latino Americana e do Caribe em Ciências da Saúde (LILACS) database improves systematic reviewsOtavio Augusto Camara Clark
Instituto do Radium, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Epidemiol 31:112-4. 2002..Our objective is to evaluate if LILACS should be used as a routine source of articles for SR...
- Literature searching for randomized controlled trials used in Cochrane reviews: rapid versus exhaustive searchesPamela Royle
Wessex Institute for Health Research and Development
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 19:591-603. 2003..To analyze sources searched in Cochrane reviews, to determine the proportion of trials included in reviews that are indexed in major databases, and to compare the quality of these trials with those from other sources...
- Selective exposure reporting and Medline indexing limited the search sensitivity for observational studies of the adverse effects of oral contraceptivesSusan Wieland
Department of Community Health, Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 58:560-7. 2005..To explore development of possible approaches leading to a sensitive and precise Medline search to identify observational studies of the association between oral contraceptives and breast cancer, an adverse event...
- A comparison of the quality of Cochrane reviews and systematic reviews published in paper-based journalsBeverley Shea
Institute of Population Health, University of Ottawa
Eval Health Prof 25:116-29. 2002..In addition, the use of evidence-based criteria (i.e., the QUOROM statement) for reporting systematic reviews may help further to improve their quality...
- Optimal search strategies for retrieving systematic reviews from Medline: analytical surveyVictor M Montori
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
BMJ 330:68. 2005..To develop optimal search strategies in Medline for retrieving systematic reviews...
- The assessment of systematic reviews in dentistryA M Glenny
Cochrane Oral Health Group, University Dental Hospital of Manchester, UK
Eur J Oral Sci 111:85-92. 2003..If future clinical decisions are to be based upon systematic reviews, it is imperative that the reviews address clinically relevant, focused questions and follow a 'transparent', well-designed protocol...
- A systematic review finds that diagnostic reviews fail to incorporate quality despite available toolsPenny Whiting
Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, United Kingdom
J Clin Epidemiol 58:1-12. 2005..To review existing quality assessment tools for diagnostic accuracy studies and to examine to what extent quality was assessed and incorporated in diagnostic systematic reviews...
- Assessment of methodological quality of primary studies by systematic reviews: results of the metaquality cross sectional studyLorenzo P Moja
Centro Cochrane Italiano, Istituto Mario Negri, Via Eritrea 62, 20157 Milan, Italy
BMJ 330:1053. 2005..To describe how the methodological quality of primary studies is assessed in systematic reviews and whether the quality assessment is taken into account in the interpretation of results...
- Clinical Evidence diagnosis: Developing a sensitive search strategy to retrieve diagnostic studies on deep vein thrombosis: a pragmatic approachSam Vincent
Clinical Evidence, London, UK
Health Info Libr J 20:150-9. 2003..To devise and evaluate a sensitive search strategy to retrieve diagnostic studies on specific diagnostic tests for deep vein thrombosis (DVT)...
- Identifying studies for systematic reviews of diagnostic tests was difficult due to the poor sensitivity and precision of methodologic filters and the lack of information in the abstractJ A Doust
University of Queensland, School of Medicine, Center for General Practice, Herston Road, Herston, Brisbane, QLD 4006, Australia
J Clin Epidemiol 58:444-9. 2005..This study assessed (1) the sensitivity and precision of five published search strategies and (2) the reliability and accuracy of reviewers screening the results of the search strategy...
- Publishing protocols of systematic reviews: comparing what was done to what was plannedChris A Silagy
Monash Institute of Health Services Research, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
JAMA 287:2831-4. 2002..Publication of research protocols minimizes bias by explicitly stating a priori hypotheses and methods without prior knowledge of results...
- To IPD or not to IPD? Advantages and disadvantages of systematic reviews using individual patient dataLesley A Stewart
Eval Health Prof 25:76-97. 2002....
- Reducing workload in systematic review preparation using automated citation classificationA M Cohen
Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology, School of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 S W Sam Jackson Park Road, Mail Code BICC, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 13:206-19. 2006..To determine whether automated classification of document citations can be useful in reducing the time spent by experts reviewing journal articles for inclusion in updating systematic reviews of drug class efficacy for treatment of disease...
- Applying systematic review methods to studies of people's views: an example from public health researchAngela Harden
Social Science Research Unit, 18 Woburn Square, London WC1H 0NS, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 58:794-800. 2004..This methodology is likely to create greater opportunities for people's own perspectives and experiences to inform policies to promote their health...
- Comparison of review articles published in peer-reviewed and throwaway journalsPaula A Rochon
Kunin Lunenfeld Applied Research Unit, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6A 2E1
JAMA 287:2853-6. 2002..To compare the quality, presentation, readability, and clinical relevance of review articles published in peer-reviewed and "throwaway" journals...
- A case study of a retracted systematic review on interactive health communication applications: impact on media, scientists, and patientsRoy Rada
Department of Information Systems, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
J Med Internet Res 7:e18. 2005..While the original study results and their negative conclusions were widely publicized in the media, the retraction seemed to go unnoticed...
- Role of systematic reviews and meta-analysis in evidence-based medicineStefan Sauerland
Biochemical and Experimental Division, Medical Faculty, University of Cologne, Ostmerheimer Strasse 200, D 51109, Koln, Germany
World J Surg 29:582-7. 2005..This article reviews the basic principles of meta-analysis, discusses its potential weaknesses such as heterogeneity and publication bias, and highlights special situations when dealing with surgical trials...
- Large trials or meta-analysis? That is not the questionJose Villar
UNDP UNFPA WHO World Bank, Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction, Department of Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 19:27-35. 2005..Heterogeneity of trial results should be evaluated, interactions and specific populations identified for the planning of the new large trial...
- Sources of evidence for systematic reviews of interventions in diabetesP L Royle
Department of Public Health, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Diabet Med 22:1386-93. 2005..To analyse the effect on systematic reviews in diabetes interventions of including only trials that are indexed in medline, and to assess the impact of adding trials from other databases and the grey literature...
- Individual patient data meta-analysesMichael J Clarke
Clinical Trial Service Unit, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford OX2 6HE, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 19:47-55. 2005..This chapter discusses the rationale for individual patient data reviews and describes some of their features...
- Treating individuals 4: can meta-analysis help target interventions at individuals most likely to benefit?Simon G Thompson
MRC Biostatistics Unit, Institute of Public Health, Cambridge CB2 2 sR, UK
Lancet 365:341-6. 2005..Also, although meta-analyses generally summarise an intervention's effect as a relative risk reduction, the groups of patients with the greatest absolute risk reduction have the most to gain...
- An analysis of systematic reviews indicated low incorpororation of results from clinical trial quality assessmentAnton J M de Craen
Department of General Internal Medicine, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 58:311-3. 2005..We investigated the frequency of quality assessment of randomized controlled trials within systematic reviews and the incorporation of the quality assessment in the analysis...
- Manual versus powered toothbrushes: a summary of the Cochrane Oral Health Group's Systematic Review. Part IIJane L Forrest
Division of Health Promotion, Disease Prevention and Epidemiology, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, USA
J Dent Hyg 78:349-54. 2004....
- [Evidence-based clinical practice. Part II--Searching evidence databases]Wanderley Marques Bernardo
Associação Médica Brasileira, Sao Paulo, SP
Rev Assoc Med Bras 50:104-8. 2004..To get studies that could answer the clinical question is part of a mindful practice, that is, becoming quicker and quicker and dynamic with the use of PDAs, Palmtops and Notebooks...
- Clinical research on acupuncture. Part 1. What have reviews of the efficacy and safety of acupuncture told us so far?Stephen Birch
Foundation for the Study of Traditional East Asian Medicine, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Altern Complement Med 10:468-80. 2004..This paper also examines conclusions from the same international reviews on the safety and adverse effects of acupuncture. Here, conclusions are more easily drawn and there is good agreement about the safety of acupuncture...
- Clinical research on acupuncture. Part 2. Controlled clinical trials, an overview of their methodsStephen Birch
Foundation for the Study of Traditional East Asian Medicine, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Altern Complement Med 10:481-98. 2004..Improved trial quality will lead to greater ease interpreting the results of trials, especially in systematic reviews...
- A brief history of time: the power of botanical systematic reviewsJeanette Ezzo
JPS Enterprises, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Altern Complement Med 10:692-7. 2004..Because there are no package inserts to accompany herbal products as there are for drugs, Cochrane systematic reviews offer the ideal forum to present this much-needed information on expanded safety and quality...
- Evidence-based treatment of haemophiliaP H B Bolton-Maggs
Department of Clinical Haematology, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Haemophilia 10:20-4. 2004..Cochrane methodology can be applied to haemophilia, and an assessment of prophylaxis provides an example. International collaborative studies would be valuable and require enthusiastic participants...
- Systematic reviews for evidence-based management: how to find them and what to do with themKitty S Chan
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Manag Care 10:806-12. 2004..To identify strategies for retrieval and evaluation of systematic reviews from a management perspective...
- The evidence for nursing interventions in the Cochrane Database of Systematic ReviewsPatriek Mistiaen
NIVEL, Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, Utrecht
Nurse Res 12:71-80. 2004..They conclude that the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews is a valuable source of evidence about nursing interventions, and can be used as a means of developing a research agenda in the case of inconclusive reviews...
- Systematic reviews of epidemiology in diabetes: finding the evidencePamela Royle
Department of Public Health, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland
BMC Med Res Methodol 5:2. 2005..many databases it is necessary to search to ensure a comprehensive coverage of the literature in diabetes epidemiology, with the aim of examining the efficiency of searching in support of systematic reviews of the epidemiology of diabetes..
- Systematic reviews involving complementary and alternative medicine interventions had higher quality of reporting than conventional medicine reviewsMargaret L Lawson
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 58:777-84. 2005....
- A simplified search strategy for identifying randomised controlled trials for systematic reviews of health care interventions: a comparison with more exhaustive strategiesPamela Royle
Department of Public Health, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland
BMC Med Res Methodol 5:23. 2005..Our aim was to assess whether developments in the CENTRAL database, and the CONSORT statement, mean that a simplified RCT search strategy for identifying RCTs now suffices for systematic reviews of health care interventions...
- Systematic review as an evidence-based tool for the operating roomAllyson Lipp
School of Care Sciences, University of Glamorgan, Glyntaff, Pontypridd, United Kingdom
AORN J 81:1279-82, 1285-7. 2005....
- An alternative to the hand searching gold standard: validating methodological search filters using relative recallMargaret Sampson
Chalmers Research Group, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Canada
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:33. 2006..We demonstrate the feasibility of using relative recall of included studies from multiple systematic reviews to validate methodological search filters as an alternative to validation against a gold standard formed through hand searching...
- Errors in search strategies were identified by type and frequencyMargaret Sampson
Chalmers Research Group, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L1, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 59:1057-63. 2006..Errors in the electronic search strategy of a systematic review may undermine the integrity of the evidence base used in the review. We studied the frequency and types of errors in reviews published by the Cochrane Collaboration...
- Meta-analyses and systematic reviews of psychological treatments for chronic pain: relevance to an evidence-based practiceBeverly E Thorn
Department of Psychology, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 0348, USA
Health Psychol 26:10-2. 2007..The article also highlights ways that practitioners and researchers can collaborate on treatment outcome research, thereby improving the ability to discover and disseminate effective treatments for patients who suffer from chronic pain...
- Evidence-based practice in radiology: steps 3 and 4--appraise and apply diagnostic radiology literatureJonathan D Dodd
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Mass, USA
Radiology 242:342-54. 2007..Many controversies surround the technique of indirect CT venography, and difficult topics such as this are ideally suited to the tools of EBP. This article will describe how to approach such a scenario...
- Synthesising quantitative and qualitative research in evidence-based patient informationMegan R Goldsmith
Cancer Research UK Primary Care Education Research Group, Department of Primary Health Care, University of Oxford, Old Road Campus, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LF, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 61:262-70. 2007..Synthesising quantitative and qualitative research in a single review is an important methodological challenge...
- Using systematic reviews for evidence-based health promotion: basic methodology issuesJefferson A Buendía-Rodriguez
Rev Salud Publica (Bogota) 8:94-105. 2006....
- Evidence-based practice in oral and maxillofacial surgery: audit of 1 training centerSze Lok Lau
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:651-7. 2007..To evaluate the proportion of evidence-based interventions in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery in a regional training center...
- Evidence-based practice in radiology: steps 3 and 4--appraise and apply systematic reviews and meta-analysesSteve Halligan
Department of Specialist Radiology, University College Hospital, Podium Level 2, 235 Euston Rd, London NW1 2BU, England
Radiology 243:13-27. 2007..They also explain how systematic review can help guide methodologic development for future research...
- A model for critical review of literature - with vaginismus as an exampleBarbro Wijma
Division of Gender and Medicine, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Linkoping University, S 58185 Linkoping, Sweden
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 28:21-36. 2007..We found the behavioral model with quality requirements useful for classifying and evaluating the literature of vaginismus. The model may also be used as a guide to design methodologically good studies...
- Trends in neonatology and pediatrics publications over the past 12 yearsAmir Ben Tov
Department of Neonatology, Lis Maternity Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Acta Paediatr 96:1080-2. 2007..To test the hypothesis that the number of publications in Neonatology and Pediatrics increases over time, and to verify whether the categories of publications all follow the same pattern over time...
- Producing and disseminating systematic reviews: a summary of the CAM-related work presented at the 13th international Cochrane ColloquiumEric Manheimer
Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 2200 Kernan Drive, Kernan Hospital Mansion, Baltimore, MD 21207, USA
J Altern Complement Med 12:193-6. 2006..A summary of each of these is presented...
- Evidence-based medicine: what it is and what it is notMohit Bhandari
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, McMaster University, Hamilton General Hospital, ON, Canada
Injury 37:302-6. 2006....
- Cochrane systematic reviews in acupuncture: methodological diversity in database searchingAmit Sood
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Altern Complement Med 11:719-22. 2005..Results from these trials have been synthesized in systematic reviews. A well-designed systematic review provides the highest level of evidence for establishing the efficacy of a clinical intervention...
- Systematic reviews and meta-analyses in the Journal of Antimicrobial ChemotherapyLeonard Leibovici
Department of Medicine E, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, 49100 Petah Tiqva, Israel
J Antimicrob Chemother 56:803-4. 2005..In this article we outline the advantages and limitations inherent in these approaches, and the features that we look for when this type of article is submitted to JAC...
- Synthesis of qualitative research and evidence-based nursingKate Flemming
Department of Health Sciences, Area 2, Seebohm Rowntree Building, The University of York, University Road, Heslington, York
Br J Nurs 16:616-20. 2007....
- Investing in updating: how do conclusions change when Cochrane systematic reviews are updated?Simon D French
Australasian Cochrane Centre, Institute of Health Services Research, Monash University, Monash Medical Centre, Locked Bag 29, Clayton, Victoria, 3168, Australia
BMC Med Res Methodol 5:33. 2005..The objective of this study was to examine the effect of updating Cochrane systematic reviews over a four year period...
- Scope for improvement in the quality of reporting of systematic reviews. From the Cochrane Musculoskeletal GroupBeverley Shea
EMGO Institute, Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Rheumatol 33:9-15. 2006..To assess the quality of reporting in Cochrane musculoskeletal systematic reviews (excluding back and injury reviews)...
- Comparison of reports of randomized controlled trials and systematic reviews in surgical journals: literature reviewSukhmeet Singh Panesar
Department of Surgical Oncology and Technology, Imperial College London, UK
J R Soc Med 99:470-2. 2006..Two reviewers systematically and independently hand searched all issues of these journals over a 12-month period to identify randomised controlled trials and systematic reviews...
- Systematic reviews and their application to research in speech and language therapy: a response to T. R. Pring's 'Ask a silly question: two decades of troublesome trials' (2004)Zoe Garrett
Social Science Research Unit, Institute of Education, London, UK
Int J Lang Commun Disord 41:95-105. 2006..This, it is argued, is most likely to demonstrate statistically significant effects and also help to ensure that therapies become sufficiently defined so that clinicians can apply them in practice...
- The use of systematic reviews when designing studiesNicola J Cooper
Centre for Biostatistics and Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Clin Trials 2:260-4. 2005..Our objective was to assess the use made of results of reviews in the designing of new studies...
- Systematic reviews of surgical interventionsMartin Burton
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Oxford, The Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford OX2 6HE, England, UK
Surg Clin North Am 86:101-14, ix. 2006..They should be a prerequisite of any new research, a key component in decision making, and an opportunity for all surgical practitioners to get involved in the conduct and interpretation of research...
- Evidence-based resources and search strategies for orthopaedic surgeonsMichael Zlowodzki
McMaster University, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hamilton General Hospital, Ont, Canada
Injury 37:307-11. 2006..For a more comprehensive review, a combination of MEDLINE, EMBASE and meeting abstract databases is usually more than sufficient. Full-text publications can be obtained from the Cochrane library and from OVID...
- A review of the methodological features of systematic reviews in maternal medicineLumaan Sheikh
Academic Unit, Birmingham Women s Hospital, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
BMC Med 5:10. 2007..This review assesses the methodological features of existing systematic reviews in maternal medicine, comparing Cochrane and non-Cochrane reviews in maternal medicine...
- Simplifying the language of evidence to improve patient care: Strength of recommendation taxonomy (SORT): a patient-centered approach to grading evidence in medical literatureMark H Ebell
Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, MI USA E mail
J Fam Pract 53:111-20. 2004....
- Methods of meta-analysis: an analysisRonald L Koretz
Division of Gastroenterology, Olive View UCLA Medical Center, Sylmar, CA 91342, USA
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 5:467-74. 2002..To understand the principles of systematic reviewing and meta-analysis, using recent examples from the medical literature to highlight some of these points...
- [Clinical decision-making: systematic reviews and meta-analysis]C Fernandez Perez
Unidad de Apoyo a la Investigación Servicio de Medicina Preventiva Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Espana
Neurologia 18:70-3. 2003..The future tendency would recommend that investigators, clinicians, reviewers, journal editors and sponsors agree on publication criteria other than positive p values such as clinical validity and clinical relevance...
- Availability of research results on traditional chinese pharmacotherapyD Pach
Institute for Social Medicine, Epidemiology, and Health Economics, Charite Hospital, Humboldt University of Berlin
Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd 9:352-8. 2002..Although Traditional Chinese Pharmacotherapy (TCP) plays a central role in TCM treatment in China, acupuncture is a more common form of treatment in the Western world than TCP...
- Strength of recommendation taxonomy (SORT): a patient-centered approach to grading evidence in the medical literatureMark H Ebell
Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
Am Fam Physician 69:548-56. 2004..Levels of evidence from 1 to 3 for individual studies also are defined. We hope that consistent use of this taxonomy will improve the ability of authors and readers to communicate about the translation of research into practice...
- Evidence-based decision making in action: Part 1--Finding the best clinical evidenceJane L Forrest
National Center for Dental Hygiene Research at the University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Contemp Dent Pract 3:10-26. 2002..Practice tips are provided along with online resources related to the evidence-based process...
- Searching the evidence: the clinically-effective nutritionistHelen Moore
Postgraduate Institute, School of Health and Social Care, University of Teesside, Middlesbrough TS1 3BA, UK
Proc Nutr Soc 62:773-6. 2003....
- Cochrane neonatal systematic reviews: a survey of the evidence for neonatal therapiesJohn C Sinclair
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University Medical Centre, Room 3N11F, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5, Canada
Clin Perinatol 30:285-304. 2003..Most CNRG reviews were current. There is a continuing need to prepare systematic review of therapies not yet covered and to keep an increasing number of reviews up-to-date...
- Guides to an efficient search for the best evidenceJames H Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, and Department of Reproductive Biology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Semin Reprod Med 21:5-8. 2003..The following article outlines how to perform a literature search to survey the available treatment options and ultimately how to look for evidence-based guidelines for management of the clinical problem...
- Survey of systematic reviews in dentistryJames Bader
Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7450, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 135:464-73. 2004..The authors describe the steps taken in systematic reviews and perform a literature survey to identify published systematic reviews of topics relevant to clinical dentistry...
- Evidence-based medicine: applications in dietetic practiceGregory E Gray
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Charles R Drew University of Medicine and Science, 1720 E 120th Street AFH 1021, Los Angeles, CA 90059, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 102:1263-72; discussion 1272. 2002..Resources (including Web sites) for further learning are provided. J Am Diet Assoc. 2002;102:1263-1272...
- Rating the strength of scientific evidence: relevance for quality improvement programsKathleen N Lohr
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Drive, PO Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 16:9-18. 2004....
- New recommendations from the 1999 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association acute myocardial infarction guidelinesS A Spinler
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Pharmacy Administration, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 35:589-617. 2001To review literature relating to significant changes in drug therapy recommendations in the 1999 American College of Cardiology (ACC)/American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines for treating patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI).
- Neurophysiology and neuroanatomy of pitch perception: auditory cortexMark Jude Tramo
Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, and Massachusetts General Hospital, The Institute for Music and Brain Science, Boston, 02114, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1060:148-74. 2005We present original results and review literature from the past fifty years that address the role of primate auditory cortex in the following perceptual capacities: (1) the ability to perceive small differences between the pitches of two ..
- [Heart rate variability. Applications in psychiatry]D Servant
Service de Psychiatrie Générale, Hôpital Fontan, CHRU de Lille, Rue Verhaeghe, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Encephale 35:423-8. 2009..Obtaining a series of interbeat intervals requires a continuous measure of heart rate, typically electrocardiography (ECG). Commercially available software is then used to define the interbeat intervals within an ECG recording...
- Biomonitoring for occupational health risk assessment (BOHRA)Maurizio Manno
Department of Preventive Medical Sciences, University of Naples Federico II, Via S Pansini, 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Toxicol Lett 192:3-16. 2010..hundred BM papers published in the 80s, there are now several tens of thousand papers published in the peer review literature each year, and the trend is still rising exponentially...
- Dietary supplements for body-weight reduction: a systematic reviewMax H Pittler
Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, Exeter, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 79:529-36. 2004..Compliance with conventional weight-management programs is notoriously poor, and a plethora of over-the-counter slimming aids are sold with claims of effectiveness...
- A women's health track for internal medicine residents using evidence-based medicineHolly G Pursley
Kentucky Clinic, Division of Internal Medicine, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, 40536, USA
Acad Med 77:743-4. 2002....
- Alefacept: its safety profile, off-label uses, and potential as part of combination therapies for psoriasisNoah Scheinfeld
Department of Dermatology, St Luke s Hospital, New York, NY 10025, USA
J Dermatolog Treat 18:197-208. 2007To review literature regarding alefacept, a biologic therapy for psoriasis.
- Somatostatin or octreotide as treatment options for chylothorax in young children: a systematic reviewCharles C Roehr
Department of Neonatology, Charite Campus Mitte, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098, Berlin, Germany, and John Radcliffe Hospital, Department of Paediatric Surgery, Oxford, UK
Intensive Care Med 32:650-7. 2006..Somatostatin and octreotide have recently been used for treating chylothorax in children. We set out to summarise the evidence on the efficacy and safety of somatostatin and octreotide in treating young children with chylothorax...
- Side effects of treatment with benzodiazepinesSuzana Uzun
Vrapce Psychiatric Hospital, Bolnicka cesta 32, 10090 Zagreb, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 22:90-3. 2010..The aim of this article is to review literature regarding different side effects associated with treatment with benzodiazepines - effects on cognition, ..
- Neonatal outcomes of twins according to birth order, presentation and mode of delivery: a systematic review and meta-analysisA C Rossi
Clinic of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, San Giacomo Hospital, Monopoli, Via Celentano 42, Bari, Italy
BJOG 118:523-32. 2011..The optimal mode of delivery for twins is undetermined...
- Prevention and treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis using exogenous LactobacillusHeather S Jeavons
Planned Parenthood, Seattle, WA, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 32:287-96. 2003To review literature examining exogenous Lactobacillus therapy for vulvovaginal candidiasis and to discuss recommendations for clinical practice and future research.
- Combining epidemiology and biomechanics in sports injury prevention research: a new approach for selecting suitable controlsCaroline F Finch
Accident Research Centre, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Sports Med 41:59-72. 2011..A review was conducted to identify sport injury case-control studies published in the peer-review literature during 1985-2008...
- Heparin-induced anaphylactic and anaphylactoid reactions: two distinct but overlapping syndromesTheodore E Warkentin
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton Health Sciences, General Site, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Expert Opin Drug Saf 8:129-44. 2009..However, heparin-induced anaphylactoid reactions also have been reported to be a consequence of immune-mediated heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT)...
- Distraction osteogenesis in the management of severe maxillary hypoplasia in cleft lip and palate patientsPaolo Scolozzi
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Geneva, Switzerland
J Craniofac Surg 19:1199-214. 2008The aim of this study was to systematically review literature reporting on the use of external distraction osteogenesis (DO) and internal DO in the treatment of severe maxillary hypoplasia in cleft and palate patients...
- Compensating occupationally related tenosynovitis and epicondylitis: a literature reviewKeith T Palmer
MRC Epidemiology Resource Centre, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Occup Med (Lond) 57:67-74. 2007..To assess occupational associations with tenosynovitis and epicondylitis, we conducted a systematic literature review. We focused particularly on evidence that might support compensation of these disorders 'on the balance of probabilities'...
- Tracking publication outcomes of National Institutes of Health grantsBenjamin G Druss
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Med 118:658-63. 2005The peer-review literature is the primary medium through which the findings of funded research are evaluated by and disseminated to the broader scientific community...
- Loss of taste-induced hypertension--caveat for taste modulation as a therapeutic option in obesityL Czupryniak
Diabetology and Metabolic Diseases Department, Medical University of Lodz, Barlicki University Hospital No 1, Kopcinskiego 22, 90 153 Lodz, Poland
Eat Weight Disord 12:e11-3. 2007..Effective treatment of obesity is extremely difficult, and taste modulation has been suggested as a feasible option. We aim at presenting dangers associated with stroke-induced taste impairment...
- [Should platelet inhibitors be discontinued before gastrointestinal endoscopy?]Bjørn Hofstad
Gastromedisinsk avdeling Ullevål universitetssykehus 0407 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 128:2440-2. 2008..of Gastroenterology have appointed a group, consisting of a medical and a surgical gastroenterologist, a haematologist, a cardiologist and a pharmacologist, to review literature concerning the issue in order to give a recommendation.
- [Child sexual abuse and sexually transmitted infections in sub-saharan Africa]P Pitche
Travail du Service de Dermatologie, CHU Tokoin, Universite de Lome, Togo
Med Trop (Mars) 65:570-4. 2005..The purpose of the study was to review literature on CSA and associated STI/HIV in the sub-Saharan Africa...
- Mold remediation in a hospitalTang G Lee
University of Calgary, Faculty of Environmental Design, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Toxicol Ind Health 25:723-30. 2009..It also describes the need and importance of a buffer zone between the occupied areas and the mold abatement containment area...
- Rapid desensitization protocols for patients with cardiovascular disease and aspirin hypersensitivity in an era of dual antiplatelet therapyNathaniel A Page
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:61-7. 2007..To review the available protocols for rapid desensitization of patients with aspirin hypersensitivity and apply the data for use in patients with cardiovascular disease who would benefit from the dual antiplatelet therapy...
- Improving the effectiveness of the emergency management of renal colic in a district general hospital: a completed audit cycleC Kastner
Department of Urology, East Surrey Hospital, Redhill
Emerg Med J 20:449-50. 2003To assess the current practice of emergency management of renal colic in a district hospital, review literature, implement new guidelines, and assess them.
- Ethanol drinking in rodents: is free-choice drinking related to the reinforcing effects of ethanol?Alexis S Green
Psychobiology of Addictions, Department of Psychology, Purdue School of Science, IUPUI, 402 North Blackford Street, LD 120F, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Alcohol 42:1-11. 2008..We also review literature on intravenous ethanol self-administration (IVSA)...
- First report of occurrence of choroid plexus papilloma and medulloblastoma in the same patientSiddharth Banka
Department of Neurosurgery, Birmingham Children s Hospital, Steelhouse Lane, Birmingham, B4 6NH, UK
Childs Nerv Syst 23:587-9. 2007..In this study, we report a metachronous occurrence of choroid plexus papilloma and medulloblastoma in the same patient, which has not been reported before to the best of our knowledge...
- Faculty development in tobacco cessation: training health professionals and promoting tobacco control in developing countriesMyra L Muramoto
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85719, USA
Drug Alcohol Rev 28:498-506. 2009..For successful, sustainable cessation training programs, countries need health-care professionals with knowledge and skills to deliver and teach tobacco cessation...
- Investigation of benign prostatic hyperplasiaAndrea Tubaro
Department of Urology, 2nd School of Medicine, La Sapienza University of Rome, Sant Andrea Hospital, Via di Grottarossa 1035, 00189 Rome, Italy
Curr Opin Urol 13:17-22. 2003..This is a concise and timely update of the most recent developments in the clinical research on the investigation of benign prostatic hyperplasia...
- Revisiting the online health information reliability debate in the wake of "web 2.0": an inter-disciplinary literature and website reviewSamantha A Adams
Department of Healthcare Policy and Management iBMG, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Med Inform 79:391-400. 2010..0")...
- [Methylphenidate augmentation of fluvoxamine for treatment-resistant depression: a case report and review literature]Kurt Buhagiar
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 18:179-83. 2007..Evidence for such use of methylphenidate unfortunately remains largely empirical and adequate placebo-controlled studies are therefore required to support or refute this claim...
- Bipartite atlas with os odontoideum and synovial cyst: case report and review literatureChong Weng
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, Henan, China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:E568-75. 2010..Case report and review of the literature...
- Foodborne pathogens in milk and the dairy farm environment: food safety and public health implicationsS P Oliver
Food Safety Center of Excellence and Department of Animal Science, 59 McCord Hall, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 2:115-29. 2005..The purpose of this communication is to review literature published on the prevalence of bacterial foodborne pathogens in milk and in the dairy environment, and to ..
- Smoking cessation counseling for pregnant women who smoke: scientific basis for practice for AWHONN's SUCCESS projectSusan A Albrecht
School of Nursing, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 33:298-305. 2004..To evaluate the potential of systematic integration of this protocol in primary care settings in which women seek care at the preconception, pregnant, or postpartum stages...
- Treatment of hyponatremiaRichard H Sterns
Nephrology Division, Rochester General Hospital, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 19:493-8. 2010We review literature from the past 18 months on the treatment of hyponatremia...
- Prostate Cancer Education in African American MenSTEPHEN LEPORE; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Metamoodics: Meta-analyses and bioinformatics display of mood disorders geneticsPeter P Zandi; Fiscal Year: 2012..integrate systematic meta-analyses of genetic studies of mood disorders that have been published in the peer review literature;the meta-analyses will encompass data from three different classes of genomic experiments including a) ..
- Research on Adverse Drug Events and Reports: Novel Multiple Myeloma DrugsCharles Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2009..sADRs associated with new MM agents to be identified, evaluated, synthesized, and described in the peer-review literature more rapidly than has occurred in the past...
- Parent Based Interventions to Prevent Student DrinkingRobert J Turrisi; Fiscal Year: 2010..2000), virtually no systematic theory-driven research examining efficacy has been published in the peer review literature exploring whether there is a critical period for implementing parent interventions with college students...
- FASEB--FOLATE, B12 & ONE CARBON METABOLISMROWENA MATTHEWS; Fiscal Year: 1992..Re most interesting new research presented at the conference will be disseminated to a much wider audience in the form of one or more "state-of-the-art" reviews in the FASEB Journal...
- ASTHMAJoan Reibman; Fiscal Year: 1999..Develop weekly "Update in Asthma" conference to review literature on current clinical trials, pathogenesis, management strategies of airway obstruction, allergy and ..
- FASEB SUMMER CONFERENCE-- FOLATE, B12 AND 1C METABOLISMDEAN APPLING; Fiscal Year: 2000..The most interesting new research presented at the conference will be disseminated to a much wider audience in the form of one or more "state-of-the-art" reviews in the FASEB Journal. ..
- CLINICAL SEARCH RETRIEVAL FROM FOUR ELECTRONIC DATABASESR Haynes; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., sensitivity); and evaluating the usefulness of the clinical hedges in the intended users group, clinicians. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Social Anxiety Disorder and Emotion RegulationTODD KASHDAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Findings could ultimately lead to the development of more effective intervention efforts. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gene Expression in Prediabetes: Potential Role of PGC-1MARY PATTI; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Early Diagnosis of Neonatal CandidiasisDaniel Benjamin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Pimecrolius on T cell Responses in Atopic MarchJonathan Spergel; Fiscal Year: 2008..In third aim of the trial, we explore the effects of pimecrolimus as a disease-modifying agent in the prevention of asthma. Asthma phenotype will be examined by spirometry per and post-beta-2-agonist and exhaled nitric oxide. ..
- IVR for Automated Alcohol Screening & BI in Primary CareJohn Helzer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Although this is not an efficacy study, we will also assess whether the IVR-BI has a short-term impact on alcohol consumption in this small feasibility sample. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Immuno-modulatory Effects of Parenteral Nutrition After Intestinal FailureStephen Benedict; Fiscal Year: 2007..The data obtained will position the research team to develop more mechanistically in-depth RO1 proposals that investigate human patients and a murine PN animal model. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Screening for Ovarian Cancer: Psychobehavioral OutcomesMichael Andrykowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Comorbid childhood anxiety and asthmaRenee Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2006..That study will involve a longitudinal epidemiologic preventive intervention study aimed at reducing the risk of anxiety disorders among pediatric asthma/allergy patients. ..
- Opioid Prescribing Patterns in the U.S.Mark Pletcher; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cancer Pain Management-Decision Support Computer ProgramEun Ok Im; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Optimal Strategies for PID Prevention and ManagementKenneth Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Systemic perinatal insults disrupt neurodevelopmentShenandoah Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Insights into mechanisms underlying the disruption of perinatal neural development will lead to novel interventions to enhance neural development in neonates, and minimize neurologic deficits. ..
- FLUOXETINE IN PEDIATRIC BODY DYSMORPHIC DISORDEREric Hollander; Fiscal Year: 2008..Abstract Not Provided. ..
- Psychological and Behavioral Impact of Cancer ScreeningMichael Andrykowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..The overall goal of the training program is to prepare trainees for careers as independent investigators in behavioral oncology. ..
- Cancer Pain in Elders: Promoting EBPs in HospicesKeela A Herr; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Searching for ADHD Susceptibility GenesStephen V Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2010..That, in turn, should facilitate the search for newer, more effective treatments for the disorder. ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION AND ROLE OF PLACENTA GROWTH FACTORDonald S Torry; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- N-Glycosylation And ER StressMARK LEHRMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- 2/5-The Psychiatric GWAS Consortium: Integrated & Coordinated GWAS Meta-AnalysesStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, the PGC proposes to abide as fully as possible with the NIH's GWAS data sharing policies and we provide a detailed data sharing plan and timetable. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Contribution of Estradiol to Female Neural DevelopmentMichael Baum; Fiscal Year: 2009..Affirmation of a perinatal role for estradiol in brain sexual differentiation in female mice would raise the question of whether estradiol plays a similar role in female-typical psychosexual differentiation in women. ..
- HDL Increased Plaque Stablization in the ElderlyJoao Lima; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of the proposed trial will be directly applicable to developing strategies for plaque stabilization in the elderly who suffer the most from the severe complications of advanced cardiovascular ]therosclerosis. ..
- A Luciferase Fusion Protein Library to Identify & Monitor Ubiquitylation TargetsWilliam Kaelin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Reisolation of HIF in aims 2 and 3 would constitute proof of concept with respect to the potential utility of this approach. ..
- Botannical Extract Library Screeninig with Human ADAS CellsJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of depression and anxiety in the tobacco epidemicRenee Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Use of the NESARC offers a unique opportunity to analyze a large, longitudinal, epidemiologic dataset. ..
- LKB1-Independent Metformin ResponseMARK LEHRMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will make possible a future R01 application to determine the role of LIMR in metformin's antihyperglycemic activity. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Polysomal RNA Antitumor ImmunityJohn Chi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results from these experiments will help characterize the potential use of dendritic cells transfected with polysomal RNA in creating antigen specific tumor vaccines for brain tumors. ..
- PHYSIOLOGY OF VOCALIZATION SEN IN AUDITORY CORTEXMARK TRAMO; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Chronic Illness Exercise Interventions: A Meta-AnalysisVicki Conn; Fiscal Year: 2004..The compelling importance and broad scope of this work make funding necessary to achieve these important aims. ..
- A New Biomarker for Ovarian Cancer DetectionEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this grant proposal, we describe further studies, which will examine in greater detail, the ability of a test for the amount of this protein in blood to correctly diagnose the presence of ovarian cancer. ..
- MINORITY MENTAL HEALTH RESEARCH AT CHARLES R DREW UNIVGregory Gray; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ESCAPE Mechanistic SubstudiesRobert Califf; Fiscal Year: 2003..Catecholamines are also being collected at baseline and 3 months. In addition, the ESCAPE investigators are all ready capturing detailed demographic, clinical, and physiological information as part of the protocol for the primary study. ..
- Training Minorities in Biobehavioral Cancer ResearchSTEPHEN LEPORE; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- TESTING THE VALIDITY OF ADULT ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDERStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, if founded, we expect that the proposed work will lead to a program of research that can both clarify the nosological complexities of adult ADHD and clarify the nature of genes that are risk factors for the disorder. ..
- USE OF ADIPOSE-DERIVED PREADIPOCYTES IN BONE DISOREDERSJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2002..This has commercial application to orthopedic and periodontal surgical treatments of joint replacement, fracture repair, and bone resorption secondary to tooth decay...
- ASTHMA CLINICAL RESEARCH NETWORKVernon Chinchilli; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- SMOKING CESSATION TREATMENT FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSERSDavid Kalman; Fiscal Year: 2002..This project will provide critical information about the differential effects of 2 doses of NP with this population. ..
- Phase II Trial of Thalidomide in Primary AmyloidosisAngela Dispenzieri; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ultimate goal of the proposed studies is to improve the prognosis of patient with this fatal disease. ..
- PREVENTING ALCOHOL EXPOSED PREGNANCY AFTER A JAIL TERMPatricia Mullen; Fiscal Year: 2001..The study will use an RCT design (n=270) to test the intervention's effect on alcohol consumption and birth control use 6 months after release. ..
- PAIN REGULATORY SYSTEM DYSFUNCTION IN CHRONIC PAINStephen Bruehl; Fiscal Year: 2002..Greater pain duration is expected to be associated with smaller changes in the BP/pain relationship in response to opioid blockade. ..
- BEYOND STIGMA--INTERPRETING GENETIC DIFFERENCEPamela Sankar; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Rapid screen for Ebola virus membrane interactions/drugsRobert Garry; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Determinants in Recovery from TBI in Children 0-3James Blackman; Fiscal Year: 2005..This project will be far more comprehensive than previous studies of brain injury in infants and toddlers and will explore novel hypotheses regarding genetic determinants of outcome and markers of neuronal injury in young children. ..
- Community Based Training Models for Tobacco CessationsMyra Muramoto; Fiscal Year: 2005..Phase IV: Dissemination study of the training model shown to be most effective though participating community partners. ..
- WNT PROTEINS IN ADULT, AGED AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEKaren Yates; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will also provide a solid foundation for future research on Wnts in cartilage biology. ..
- Spinal Fusion Using Adipose Derived Adult Stem CellsJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2005..The availability of "off the shelf ADAS cells for clinical orthopedic procedures will have a significant commercial and therapeutic impact. ..
- NEUROBEHAVIORAL FEATURES & MESIAL TEMPORAL LOBE EPILEPSYBruce Hermann; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings will have potential implications for treatment as well as the understanding of the pathophysiology and natural history of TLE. ..
- SUCROSE AND/OR FAT INGESTION EFFECT ON OPIOIDSAllen Levine; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments address how much food must be eaten (volume, time spent eating etc.) before naloxone administration decreases feeding. ..
- AN ECOGENETIC STUDY OF ADHDStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, no studies have used an ecogenetic approach to sharpen the accuracy of risk prediction. ..
- Recombinant antigen assays for Lassa and other arenaviruRobert Garry; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- OPTIMIZING MANAGEMENT OF TRANSIENT ISCHEMIC ATTACKSS Johnston; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will provide important results for clinicians and policy makers, and will foster the applicant's development as a health services researcher in cerebrovascular disease. ..
- A GIS Based Workbench to Interpret Cancer MapsGerard Rushton; Fiscal Year: 2004..The researchers are geographers who specialize in geographic information science and medical geography and epidemiologists with a substantial record of research in cancer incidence, prevention and control. ..
- Host defense functions of M. tuberculosis lipoglycanEdward Chan; Fiscal Year: 2005..3. To elucidate the role of the TLRs, MAPK and NFkB signaling pathways, and ManLAM in controlling the growth of M. tuberculosis in mouse and human macrophages and to correlate effects on growth with NO* and TNFa expression. ..
- ACRN Data Coordinating CenterVernon Chinchilli; Fiscal Year: 2007..The DCC will develop high-quality data collection forms, MOPs, and subject handouts. The DCC will track ACRN progress, organize all meetings/conferences, and coordinate training sessions and site visits. ..
- Adapting a Medical Self-Management Program for a Community Mental Health CenterBenjamin Druss; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, it will provide a sustainable, scalable model for improving medical self-management in a highly vulnerable population. ..
- Therapeutic Interactive Voice Response to Augment CBT in Alcohol DependenceJohn Helzer; Fiscal Year: 2008..The public health implications of effective, low cost interventions for alcohol dependence that can be accessed remotely are considerable. ..
- Planning Randomized Controlled Trials AntiretroviralIsaac Zulu; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Serum Protemic Patterns Associated With AtherosclerosisMark Pletcher; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- RE-AIM Evaluation of Tailored Smoking Harm ReductionRussell Glasgow; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN MEDICAL BEHAVIORAL SCIENCEMichael Andrykowski; Fiscal Year: 2004..Postdoctoral fellows will address each of the same elements with an intensity and emphasis that is tailored to their individual needs and prior experience. ..
- Anger Expression, Opioid Dysfunction, and Chronic PainStephen Bruehl; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- A Multiethnic Internet Study on Menopausal SymptomsEun Ok Im; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Collagen Crosslinking Effects on Bone FragilityDeepak Vashishth; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Pain Regulatory Dysfunction in Chronic PainStephen Bruehl; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Comprehensive Database on Spirituality and HealthJeanette Ezzo; Fiscal Year: 2004..Phase II will focus on comprehensively populating the database with a significantly larger and more comprehensive set of research citations and related materials and migrating to a fully functional website, SpiritLit.com. ..