- Quantitative analysis of culture using millions of digitized books
Jean Baptiste Michel
Program for Evolutionary Dynamics, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Science 331:176-82. 2011
We constructed a corpus of digitized texts containing about 4% of all books ever printed. Analysis of this corpus enables us to investigate cultural trends quantitatively...
- Self-help books for depression: how can practitioners and patients make the right choice?
Academic Unit of Psychiatry, University of Bristol
Br J Gen Pract 55:387-92. 2005
..Depression is a common and important public health problem most often treated by GPs. A self-help approach is popular with patients, yet little is known about its effectiveness...
- Health information seeking behavior
Sylvie D Lambert
School of Nursing, McGill University
Qual Health Res 17:1006-19. 2007
..The authors reviewed approximately 100 published articles and five books reporting on HISB...
- Increases in individualistic words and phrases in American books, 1960-2008
Jean M Twenge
Department of Psychology, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e40181. 2012
Cultural products such as song lyrics, television shows, and books reveal cultural differences, including cultural change over time...
- Get the picture? The effects of iconicity on toddlers' reenactment from picture books
School of Psychology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Dev Psychol 42:1352-7. 2006
..These findings are discussed in terms of children's emerging symbolic capacity and the flexibility of the cognitive representation...
- Subjective impressions do not mirror online reading effort: concurrent EEG-eyetracking evidence from the reading of books and digital media
Department of English and Linguistics, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e56178. 2013
..of our increasingly digital world, reading is also becoming an increasingly digital experience: electronic books (e-books) are now outselling print books in the United States and the United Kingdom...
- The revenge of time: fungal deterioration of cultural heritage with particular reference to books, paper and parchment
University of Natural Resouces Life Sciences Vienna, Department of Biotechnology, Muthgasse 11, 1190 Vienna, Austria
Environ Microbiol 14:559-66. 2012
..In order to prevent fungal contamination or to treat already contaminated objects an integrated approach including climate control, material-specific cleaning and application of carefully selected biocides is necessary...
- Self-help cognitive-behavioral therapy with minimal therapist contact for social phobia: a controlled trial
Jonathan S Abramowitz
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 40:98-105. 2009
..Study limitations and future directions are discussed...
- The expression of emotions in 20th century books
Department of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e59030. 2013
..trends in the usage of "mood" words, that is, words carrying emotional content, in 20th century English language books, using the data set provided by Google that includes word frequencies in roughly 4% of all books published up to ..
- Book citations: influence of epidemiologic thought in the academic community
Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Saude Publica 40:50-6. 2006
Whilst their 'death' has often been certified, books remain highly important to most professions and academic disciplines. Analyses of citations received by epidemiologic texts may complement other views on epidemiology...
- Textbooks on tap: using electronic books housed in handheld devices in nursing clinical courses
Margaret G Williams
Blessing Rieman College of Nursing, Quincy, Illinois, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 30:220-5. 2009
..The handheld device, or PDA, was loaded with e-books for clinical practice...
- Brazilian plants as possible adaptogens: an ethnopharmacological survey of books edited in Brazil
Fúlvio Rieli Mendes
Cebrid, Department of Psychobiology at UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 109:493-500. 2007
In a survey, from Brazilian books, we searched plants that are in popular use for purposes resembling those of an adaptogen...
- Parents sharing books with young deaf children in spoken english and in BSL: the common and diverse features of different language settings
School of Education, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
J Deaf Stud Deaf Educ 12:385-405. 2007
Twelve parents of young deaf children were recorded sharing books with their deaf child--six from families using British Sign Language (BSL) and six from families using spoken English...
- Temporal distribution of favourite books, movies, and records: differential encoding and re-sampling
Steve M J Janssen
University of Amsterdam, Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Department of Psychology, Roetersstraat 15 Room A 605, 1018 WB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Memory 15:755-67. 2007
..To examine this issue, participants were asked to name their three favourite books, movies, and records. Furthermore,they were asked when they first encountered them...
- Study of experiment on leaching of bisphenol A from infant books to artificial saliva
Chiba Prefectural Institute of Public Health, Nitona cho, Chuoku, Chiba, Japan
Nihon Eiseigaku Zasshi 65:467-70. 2010
To assess the risk of bisphenol A (BPA) exposure when infants suck or chew infant books, the concentration of BPA leaching from infant books published by Japanese makers to artificial saliva was measured.
- Tracing biological collections: between books and clinical trials
INSERM U780, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Villejuif, France
JAMA 299:2316-8. 2008
- The many books of nature: Renaissance naturalists and information overload
Brian W Ogilvie
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
J Hist Ideas 64:29-40. 2003
- The last word: books as a statistical metaphor for microbial communities
Patrick D Schloss
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Annu Rev Microbiol 61:23-34. 2007
..We present a model based on the word usage in books to illustrate the power of statistical tools in describing microbial communities and suggesting biological ..
- Maps, books and other metaphors for systems biology
Computational Genomics Group, The European Bioinformatics Institute, EMBL Cambridge Outstation, Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK
Biosystems 85:6-10. 2006
..Finally, we propose a metaphor for systems biology that provides an illuminating perspective for the ambitious goals of this field and delimits its current agenda...
- Books for free? How can this be? - A PubMed resource you may be overlooking
Ann K Corsi
Department of Biology, The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC 20064, USA
Biol Cell 98:439-43. 2006
..called the Bookshelf that includes searchable popular life science textbooks, medical and research reference books and NCBI reference materials...
- Brandon/Hill selected list of print books and journals for the small medical library
D R Hill
Gustave L and Janet W Levy Library Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Bull Med Libr Assoc 89:131-53. 2001
..great pride in being able to publish the nineteenth version (2001) of the "Brandon/Hill Selected List of Print Books and Journals for the Small Medical Library...
- Number of children's books in the home: an indicator of parent health literacy
Lee M Sanders
University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Ambul Pediatr 4:424-8. 2004
..One in 4 US adults have poor health literacy, unable to read and understand written medical information. Current tools that assess health literacy skills are too lengthy to be useful in routine clinical encounters...
- Libro de la Melancholía by Andrés Velázquez (1585). Part 1. The intellectual origins of the book
Antonio Contreras Mas
Hospital Psiquiàtric, 07003, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Hist Psychiatry 14:25-40. 2003
..The medical orthodoxy followed Galenic theory as late as the sixteenth century, regarding melancholy as a disease of the body...
- An analytical approach to the veterinary knowledge of the Islamic period
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of History of Veterinary Medicine and Deontology, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Hist Med Vet 27:177-95. 2002
- Translation of the twelfth chapter of "Uyoonul Anba Fi Tabaqatil Atibba"
S A Husain
Indian Institute of History of Medicine, Hyberabad, India
Bull Indian Inst Hist Med Hyderabad 31:93-101. 2001
..This portion provides information with regard to the Indian physicians, the way of their approach to Baghdad, their miraculous treatments and the literary works etc...
- The art is long: on the sacred disease and the scientific tradition
Stud Anc Med 25:1-171. 2002
- Brief information about SiddhasÄra Nighantu of Ravigupta
Department of Dravyaguna, Varanasi
Bull Indian Inst Hist Med Hyderabad 31:127-32. 2001
..The Dravyas have been described in ParyÄya Å›aily and with 96 Slokas...
- John Trevisa's translation of Bartholomaeus Anglicus' De proprietatibus rerum
University of Edinburgh
Notes Queries 50:11-3. 2003
- [Study on Wang Ruzun's hand - written copy of Dongyi Bogam (Precious mirror of oriental medicine)]
Library of Changchun College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Jilin 130021
Zhonghua Yi Shi Za Zhi 32:151-4. 2002
In the beginning of the 16th century, Hu Jung of the Lee dynasty of Korea collected the chief medical books written before the mid - Ming dynasty of China and some ancient Korean medical books to compile the Dongyi Bogam (Precious Mirror ..
- [Discussion on academic origin of Ao shi shang han jin jing lu (Ao's Records of golden mirror on cold pathogenic diseases]
Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100029
Zhonghua Yi Shi Za Zhi 32:148-50. 2002
..At the same time, the set up of the model of diagnosis and treatment for red tongue - inner heat syndrome, and clearing inner heat is established...
- [Research on original editions of Lei jing (Classified canon)]
Jinan Hospital, Shandong 250013
Zhonghua Yi Shi Za Zhi 32:213-5. 2002
..After his determination of the original edition, he further made collation with comparison with other editions, and checked the original texts accordingly. Hence it was different from all other available editions...
- [Circulation of Song editions of Hong shi ji yan fang (Hong's Collection of effective recipes) and Shang han yao zhi yao fang (Recipes with gist on cold pathogenic diseases)]
Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100029
Zhonghua Yi Shi Za Zhi 32:208-12. 2002
..Both are highly treasured by book connoisseurs of the Ming and Qing dynasties who made much textual research. The authors, edition uniqueness and circulating facts of both works are discussed here...
- [Study on Shi Zhenduo's Ben cao bu (Supplemented materia medica)]
China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100700
Zhonghua Yi Shi Za Zhi 32:205-7. 2002
..It also evaluates the practical significance of this book as an early dissemination of pharmacy imported from the west...
- [Science of acupuncture and moxibustion in Si bu yi dian (rGyud - bzhi)]
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, People s Hospital of Dongtai City, Jiangsu 224200
Zhonghua Yi Shi Za Zhi 32:92-3. 2002
..Especially, there are rather high attainments in the research of blood - letting. rGyud - bzhi is a great book of minority medicine, and helpful for the further study and development of modern science of acu - moxibustion...
- [Primary textual research on editions of Lei jing (Classified Canon)]
Xiyuan Hospital, China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100091
Zhonghua Yi Shi Za Zhi 32:26-8. 2002
- Semicentennial tribute to the ingenious neurobiologist Christfried Jakob (1866-1956). 2. Publications from the second Argentina period, 1913-1949
Lazaros C Triarhou
Economo Koskinas Wing for Integrative and Evolutionary Neuroscience, Department of Educational and Social Policy, University of Macedonia, GR 54006 Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur Neurol 56:189-98. 2006
..In the latter phase of his career, Jakob published important works on the pathological anatomy of neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders and formalized ideas on consciousness and neurophilosophy...
- Medical remedies: from the old to the new
Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
ANZ J Surg 75:340-6. 2005
- [The meaning of the sixth edition of "Organon der Heilkunst"]
Josef M Schmidt
Arch Hist Filoz Med 65:491-8. 2002
- [Introduction of ancient Bencao works stored overseas yet not included in Quanguo Zhongyi Tushu Lianhe Mulu (National Coalition Catalogue of TCM Works)]
China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100700
Zhonghua Yi Shi Za Zhi 31:7-12. 2001
..Among the 14 works, 2 were accomplished in the Yuan dynasty, 9 in the Ming dynasty and 3 in the Qing dynasty...
- [The exploring of academic idea of Guang wen yi lun (Augmented warm epidemics)]
Yang Rong Chen
Fujian College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fuzhou 350003, China
Zhonghua Yi Shi Za Zhi 33:14-5. 2003
- [Sphygmological characteristics in San zhi chan (Buddhist Zen of Three Fingers)]
The Fourth People's Hospital of Hangzhou, 310002
Zhonghua Yi Shi Za Zhi 31:227-9. 2001
..For common diseases, he adopted the method that closely combines the pulse, the symptom and the treatment together. This book occupied an important position in the studying of sphygmology...
- [Investigation on circulation of Ao shi shang han jin jing lu (Ao's Golden mirror of cold pathogenic diseases) in Japan]
Department of Diagnostics, College of Basic Medicine, Beijing University of TCM, Beijing 100029, China
Zhonghua Yi Shi Za Zhi 33:3-6. 2003
..This book not only exerted profound influence on the Kampo diagnostics in Edo age, but also laid down a foundation for the formation of pulse diagnostic school of tongue diagnostics in Kampo medicine...
- A traffic of dead bodies
Richard M Ratzan
Department of Emergency Medicine and Traumatology, Hartford Hospital, PO Box 5037, 80 Seymour Street, Hartford, CT 06102 5037, USA
Perspect Biol Med 47:290-9. 2004
- [Books from the Arco do Cego in colonial Brazil]
Hist Cienc Saude Manguinhos 11:131-40. 2004
..As a contribution to an understanding of the Enlightenment in Brazil , this article presents elements form my research on the development of the project and how it was received...
- [The features of studies on cold pathogenic diseases in Yi zong jin jian (Golden mirror of orthodox medicine)]
Department of Cold Pathogenic Diseases, School of TCM, Fujian College of TCM, Fuzhou 350003, China
Zhonghua Yi Shi Za Zhi 33:7-10. 2003
..Among them, some are compiled in verses for easy memory...
- Rich anniversary book honors 'The city that doctors built'
Judith D Botvin
Profiles Healthc Mark 21:15-20, 3. 2005
..Medical City, Dallas, celebrated its 30th anniversary with a special edition of its internal publication. Called "The City That Doctors Built," the substantial book honors the physicians that people this unique specialty hospital...
- Nursing research in Ireland
Catherine McAuley School of Nursing and Midwifery, Brookfield Health Sciences Complex, National University of Ireland University Collge Cork, Cork, Ireland
Annu Rev Nurs Res 24:295-331. 2006
..The studies were published in 60 journals, 4 books, and 8 research reports. Journal articles selected from 6 journals accounted for 52%...
- Global bioethics -- myth or reality?
Cardiff Institute of Society, Health and Ethics, Schools of Law and Social Sciences, 53 Park Place, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, CF10 3AT, United Kingdom
BMC Med Ethics 7:E10. 2006
..This paper investigates whether there is a 'global bioethics' in the sense of a unified academic community...
- Publishers irritated by Google's digital library
Nature 433:446. 2005
- [From Késmárk to the Röntgen Institute in Budapest--Béla Alexander's career in the countryside]
Orv Hetil 148:1146-8. 2007
- [A pioneer of medical numismatics]
Orv Hetil 146:2657-8. 2005
- [History of the Hungarian hepatology from the beginnings to the end of the 2nd World War]
György Miklós Buzás
Orv Hetil 146:2465-8. 2005
- The pioneering steps of radiology in Turkey (1896-1923)
Yesim Isil Ulman
Department of Medical History and Ethics, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Kalamis, 81030 Fenerbahce Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Radiol 55:306-10. 2005
..The paper deals with the progress of clinical radiology in Turkey until the foundation of the Turkish Republic in 1923...
- Nutrition trends during 150 years of children's cookbooks
Ann A Hertzler
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
Nutr Rev 63:347-51. 2005
..nutrition specialty has been introduced and expanded in many dimensions-including in the publishing of children's books. Because children's early food choices influence both their growth and health, factors impacting food choices need ..
- Asthma, illness, and identity
Centre for Medical History, University of Exeter, Exeter EX4 4RJ, UK
Lancet 372:1030-1. 2008
- Public opinion is our supreme court: D W Cathell MD, The Physician Himself
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 4945, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 14:389-90. 2005
- [About the professors of the Faculty of Medicine in Pest in the 1840s based on the memoirs of Gusztáv Zechenter, MD (1824-1908)]
Csilizradvány 284, 93008 Szlovákia
Orv Hetil 149:1717-9. 2008
- Brazilian plants with possible action on the central nervous system: a study of historical sources from the 16th to 19th century
Cebrid, Department of Psychobiology at UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 109:338-47. 2007
..This study comprises a bibliographical survey of historic books found in Sao Paulo libraries (16th through 19th centuries) on medicinal plants exerting effects on the central ..
- The diffusion of ancient medicine in the Renaissance
The Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine at Uniovesrity College London, Great Britain
Med Secoli 14:461-78. 2002
- Contributions of Ibn Al-Nafis (1210-1288 AD) to the progress of medicine and urology. A study and translations from his medical works
Rabie E Abdel-Halim
Saudi Med J 29:13-22. 2008
..scientific activity that spread among the scholars of Cairo and Damascus following the massive destruction of books by Hulako's Army during the devastation of Baghdad in 1258...
- Functional anatomy of the spine by Avicenna in his eleventh century treatise Al-Qanun fi al-Tibb (The Canons of Medicine)
Department of Neurosurgery, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, University Hospital, Inciralti, 35340 Izmir, Turkey
Neurosurgery 52:1449-53; discussion 1453-4. 2003
..Eight chapters of this book regarding the functional neuroanatomy of the spine were reviewed and are presented to give insight into the development of the understanding of spinal anatomy and biomechanics...
- The canine veterinary medicine in the Middle Ages according to the Livre de chasse by Gaston Phoebus
Irène Boor-van der Putten
Hist Med Vet 28:1-11. 2003
..His therapy is generally rational and probably often effective, never harmful. His love of hounds is evident. It is regrettable that this highly rational approach didn't have a longer lasting effect on the development of canine medicine...
- Ibn Zuhr (Avenzoar)'s description of verrucous malignancy of the colon (with an English translation from Arabic and notes on its Hebrew and Latin versions)
Henry A Azar
Department of Pathology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
Can Bull Med Hist 19:431-40. 2002
..Latin and Hebrew translations of this report are close to the Arabic, but it is doubtful that the Latin text is based on the Hebrew. The possibility of an intermediate Judeo-Arabic text should be considered...
- Clinicians' information sources for new substance abuse treatment
Cynthia L Arfken
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, 2761 E Jefferson, Substance Abuse Research Division, Wayne State University, Detroit MI 48207, United States
Addict Behav 30:1592-6. 2005
..They reported at least yearly use of a median of four cosmopolite categories (e.g., journals or books, Internet) and a median of three local categories (e.g...
- Ibn Jazlah and his 11th century accounts (Taqwim al-abdan fi tadbir al-insan) of disease of the brain and spinal cord. Historical vignette
R Shane Tubbs
Section of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Children s Hospital, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 9:314-7. 2008
..Ibn Jazlah made many important observations regarding diseases of the brain and spinal cord. These contributions and a review of the life and times of this early Muslim physician are presented...
- [Textual research and differentiation of Dou Han-qing's works catalogue]
Bao jin Li
Section of TCM, Beijing Friendship Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University, Beijing 100050, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 28:306-8. 2008
..were not attained by ZHULiang-neng possibly are the contents of acupuncture reinforcing and reducing methods; the books printed and published by ZHULiang-neng include the contents of both channels and acupoints; the book, Zhinan, ..
- [Deficient information in developing countries: Internet alone is no solution]
M B Sluijs
Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Geneeskunde, Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 150:1351-4. 2006
Health-care personnel in developing countries have poor access to information, partly because the books are out of date and journals and Internet access are lacking, and partly because the information that is available is not appropriate ..
- Rosenhan revisited: the scientific credibility of Lauren Slater's pseudopatient diagnosis study
Robert L Spitzer
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 193:734-9. 2005
..Our study raises questions regarding Slater's results and conclusions, and provides scant support for the claim that psychiatric diagnoses are mostly products of fashion or fad, as claimed by Slater...
- The social nature of natural childbirth
Department of Geography, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43202, USA
Soc Sci Med 66:1084-94. 2008
..The study examines how natural childbirth is represented by proponents in popular non-fictional English language books written for pregnant women...
- Reply to Spitzer and colleagues
J Nerv Ment Dis 193:743-4. 2005
- ["Spoils of war"--losses of the Berlin Veterinary Medicine Library in 1945]
M F Brumme
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 109:184-9. 1996
..The reports on the damage during these years note losses of up to 35,000 or 43,000 of nearly 60,000 books. Actually, diverse papers did mention this fact but they concealed the underlying causes of the losses or simply ..
- [European physician - travellers and the Ottoman Empire]
I.U. Edebiyak Fakultesi Sanat Tarihi Bolumu emekli ogretim uyesi
Yeni Tip Tarihi Arastirmalari 4:79-92. 1998
..of various reasons, Western travellers visited the Empire and published a great deal of journals, pamphlets, books and memoirs of their journeys in the country based on their impressions, observations, experiences and missions ..
- [Not Available]
Istituto Universitario Europeo, Firenze
Physis Riv Int Stor Sci 31:731-69. 1994
..the trunk of the figures and some of the internal organs can be lifted up or peeled away, like some contemporary books for children. The figures and some internal parts are very often coloured...
- Maximizing communication skills in graduate and postgraduate health-care education through medical writing
R C Young
College of Pharmacy, Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans 70125
J Natl Med Assoc 83:691-6. 1991
..written communication include case reports, clinicopathological conferences, letters to the editor, book reviews, books, and book contributions...
- [The beginnings of physiology of the human brain, from antiquity to the Renaissance]
Museum national d histoire naturelle, Paris
Vesalius 5:41-7. 1999
..Finally, during the Renaissance, when books started conveying both text and pictures, brain physiology emerged; Albert le Grand was its first expounder and ..
- [Edward Wilhelm Drescher--the founder of pediatric surgery in West Pomerania]
J H Pacanowski
Katedry i Kliniki Chirurgii Dzieciecej, Pomorskiej Akademii Medycznej w Szczecinie
Ann Acad Med Stetin 45:69-92. 1999
..He died in 1977 in Warsaw. Prof. Drescher published almost 80 scientific papers including two medical books. Traumatology of children and the newborn surgery became his principal area of interest...
- Hippocrates. The father of spine surgery
S G Marketos
Department of History of Medicine, Athens University Medical School, Greece
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:1381-7. 1999
..This great physician also was the first to deal with the anatomy and the pathology of human spine. In his books, he provides a precise description of the segments and the normal curves of the spine, the structure of the ..
- The influence of social class on health status: American and British research on health inequalities
Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Gen Intern Med 10:577-86. 1995
..review of the pertinent British and American literature, including references identified from bibliographies of books and recent articles...
- A comparison of results of meta-analyses of randomized control trials and recommendations of clinical experts. Treatments for myocardial infarction
E M Antman
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA
JAMA 268:240-8. 1992
..double-blind method, meta-analysis, and the text word "random:"; (2) references from pertinent articles and books; and (3) all editions of English-language general medical texts and manuals and review articles on treatment of ..
- Women's knowledge about the physical and emotional changes associated with menopause
S Fox Young
Nursing Program, Queensland Nursing Council, Brisbane, Australia
Women Health 29:37-51. 1999
..Information from readily available books written for a general audience was used to construct the marking guide for a "commonly available knowledge" score...
- [Not Available]
Ber Wiss 18:115-29. 1995
..W. Martius, D. H. Hoppe, F. T. KÃ¼tzing and other pharmacists of the 18th and 19th centuries, shows that these books give much information about the history of medicine, chemistry or botany...
- Excellence in teaching for promotion and tenure in animal and dairy sciences at doctoral/research universities: a faculty perspective
M A Wattiaux
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:3365-76. 2010
..Educational leaders in doctoral/research universities should promote changes to enhance teaching performance of future faculty graduating from their institutions...
- Does mental imagery prior to cystoscopy make a difference? A randomized controlled trial
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Albuquerque, NM
Am J Obstet Gynecol 201:218.e1-9. 2009
..We sought to determine whether mental imagery improves surgical performance of residents novice to cystoscopy...
- The need to downregulate: a minimal ethical framework for biobank research
Mats G Hansson
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Centre for Research Ethics and Bioethics, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Methods Mol Biol 675:39-59. 2011
..The existing ERBs should play the key role, guided by the sound argumentation of the researchers in their applications to the board...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of pyloric gland adenomas using a series of Mucin 2, Mucin 5AC, Mucin 6, CD10, Ki67 and p53
Institute of Pathology, Klinikum Bayreuth, Germany
Virchows Arch 457:529-36. 2010
..The high frequency of malignant transformation of PGA underlines its high potential for invasive malignancy...
- Ventilation equations for improved exothermic process control
John L McKernan
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Division of Surveillance Hazard Evaluation and Field Studies, Cincinnati, OH 45226, USA
Ann Occup Hyg 51:269-79. 2007
- [Not Available]
J C Petithory
, Centre hospitalier B P Gonesse
Hist Sci Med 29:57-62. 1995
b>Books published on malaria and parasites do not mention the exact place and date of the discovery of the hematozoa. We think it is important to specify this point of the history of medicine...
- Cannabinoids and anxiety
Fabricio A Moreira
Department of Pharmacology, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, Belo Horizonte, MG 31270 901, Brazil
Curr Top Behav Neurosci 2:429-50. 2010
- Multiple roles for TRPs in the taste system: not your typical TRPs
Kathryn F Medler
Department of Biological Sciences, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 704:831-46. 2011
..This book chapter discusses the current understanding of how the three known TRP channels function in peripheral taste cell signaling: TRPM5, TRPV1, and the heterodimer PKD1L3/PKD2L1...
- Immunophenotyping in multiple myeloma and related plasma cell disorders
Divisions of Hematology and Hematopathology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, United States
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 23:433-51. 2010
..This book chapter addresses the approaches taken to evaluate monoclonal plasma cell disorders, and the different markers and techniques that are important for the study of these diseases...
- [The work of Hernandez and its repercussions in the natural sciences]
R Alvarez Pelaez
Depto de Historia de la Ciencia, Madrid, Espana
Asclepio 47:27-44. 1995
..Rerum Medicarum Novai Hispaniae Thesaurus (Rome 1651), piece prepared by the Accademia dei Lincei, and the four Books of Nature (Mexico, 1615), carried out by Brother Francisco Ximénez with the intention--intention that also had ..
- Neural prostheses and biomedical microsystems in neurological rehabilitation
K P Koch
Fraunhofer Institut für Biomedizinische Technik, St Ingbert, Germany
Acta Neurochir Suppl 97:427-34. 2007
..Promising results with these novel electrodes will pave the road for future developments such as visual prosthetics or improved control of artificial limbs in paralyzed patients...
- OP-1/BMP-7 in cartilage repair
Department of Biochemistry, Orthopedics and Section of Rheumatology Department of Internal Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, 60612, USA
Int Orthop 31:773-81. 2007
..Together our findings indicate a significant promise for OP-1 as therapeutic in cartilage repair...
- Cell lines used in prostate cancer research: a compendium of old and new lines--part 1
R E Sobel
Genome Sciences Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Urol 173:342-59. 2005
..It also includes a section describing lines that have been contaminated with other lines, shown not to be of prostatic origin or whose identity is being challenged...
- [Higher cortical dysfunctions in preterm diplegia: how to evaluate and treat for their pedagogical difficulties]
Division of Child Neurology, Tottori University Faculty of Medicine
No To Hattatsu 30:215-9. 1998
..A adequate ophthalmological treatments, books with enough space between the lines and three dimensional models to facilitate the image of stereography are ..
- Are in vitro tests suitable for regulatory use?
Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing, Doerenkamp Zbinden Chair for Evidence based Toxicology, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Toxicol Sci 111:233-7. 2009
..Here, we would like following Hegel a summary of thesis and antithesis, but also try to outline the synthesis...
- Characterization of nonmalignant and malignant prostatic stem/progenitor cells by Hoechst side population method
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Methods Mol Biol 568:139-49. 2009
- [Not Available]
Abt Geschichte der Medizin, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
NTM 3:35-44. 1995
In the last decade of the 18th century many books bearing the title "anthropology" were published...
- Analyzing current practice patterns: lessons from Amgen's Project ChemoInsight
N A Hayes
Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 28:11-6. 2001
..To retrospectively review data on chemotherapy dose/dose intensity in patients with breast cancer...
- Organoarsenicals. Uptake, metabolism, and toxicity
Institute of Hygiene and Occupational Medicine, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Met Ions Life Sci 7:231-65. 2010
- Finkelstein's test: a descriptive error that can produce a false positive
B G Elliott
Orthopaedic Service, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Hand Surg Br 17:481-2. 1992
..last three decades an error in performing Finkelstein's test has crept into the English literature in both text books and journals...