Summary: The circulation or wide dispersal of information.
Publications290 found, 100 shown here
- AlzforumJune Kinoshita
Alzheimer Research Forum, Waltham, MA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 401:365-81. 2007..We will also propose some future directions in the application of Web-based knowledge management systems in neuromedicine...
- Why don't we see more translation of health promotion research to practice? Rethinking the efficacy-to-effectiveness transitionRussell E Glasgow
Kaiser Permanente Colorado, USA
Am J Public Health 93:1261-7. 2003..Recommendations are offered to help close the gap between efficacy and effectiveness research and to guide evaluation and possible adoption of new programs...
- Knowledge transfer and exchange: review and synthesis of the literatureCraig Mitton
University of British Columbia Okanagan, Kelowna, BC
Milbank Q 85:729-68. 2007..Either KTE must be reconceptualized, or strategies must be evaluated more rigorously to produce a richer evidence base for future activity...
- Assessing country-level efforts to link research to actionJohn N Lavis
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Bull World Health Organ 84:620-8. 2006..The fourth element addresses approaches to evaluation (how support is provided for rigorous evaluations of efforts to link research to action)...
- Sharing detailed research data is associated with increased citation rateHeather A Piwowar
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e308. 2007..Sharing research data provides benefit to the general scientific community, but the benefit is less obvious for the investigator who makes his or her data available...
- Why we need easy access to all data from all clinical trials and how to accomplish itPeter C Gøtzsche
Nordic Cochrane Centre, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Trials 12:249. 2011..I propose the contents of such legislation and of appropriate sanctions to hold accountable those who refuse to share their data...
- Data sharing by scientists: practices and perceptionsCarol Tenopir
School of Information Sciences, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21101. 2011..Data sharing is a valuable part of the scientific method allowing for verification of results and extending research from prior results...
- Health research funding agencies' support and promotion of knowledge translation: an international studyJacqueline M Tetroe
Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Milbank Q 86:125-55. 2008..Our team asked thirty-three agencies from Australia, Canada, France, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, the United Kingdom, and the United States about their role in promoting the results of the research they fund...
- Wikipedia: a key tool for global public health promotionJames M Heilman
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
J Med Internet Res 13:e14. 2011..We invite the medical community to join in editing Wikipedia, with the goal of providing people with free access to reliable, understandable, and up-to-date health information...
- National Institutes of Health approaches to dissemination and implementation science: current and future directionsRussell E Glasgow
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Am J Public Health 102:1274-81. 2012....
- Health information exchange: persistent challenges and new strategiesJoshua R Vest
Center for Health Organization Transformation, Department of Health Policy and Management, School of Rural Public Health, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Texas 77843 1266, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:288-94. 2010..The lessons of these experiences include a recurrence of barriers and challenges beyond those associated with technology. Without new strategies, the current support and methods of facilitating HIE may not address these barriers...
- Knowledge exchange processes in organizations and policy arenas: a narrative systematic review of the literatureDamien Contandriopoulos
Universite de Montreal, Ecole nationale d administration publique, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1A8, Canada
Milbank Q 88:444-83. 2010..The review integrated two broad traditions, one roughly focused on the use of social science research results and the other focused on policymaking and lobbying processes...
- Can scientists and policy makers work together?Bernard C K Choi
Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control, Public Health Agency of Canada, Government of Canada
J Epidemiol Community Health 59:632-7. 2005....
- An i2b2-based, generalizable, open source, self-scaling chronic disease registryMarc D Natter
Children s Hospital Informatics Program at Harvard MIT Health Sciences and Technology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 20:172-9. 2013....
- Demystifying knowledge translation: learning from the communitySarah Bowen
Department of Community Health Sciences, Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
J Health Serv Res Policy 10:203-11. 2005..The objective of this paper is to explore, through the participatory evaluation of Manitoba's The Need to Know Project, the characteristics of effective knowledge translation initiatives from the perspective of community partners...
- Issues in the registration of clinical trialsDeborah A Zarin
National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD, USA
JAMA 297:2112-20. 2007....
- Challenges and opportunities of open data in ecologyO J Reichman
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis, University of California, Santa Barbara, 735 State Street, Suite 300, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA
Science 331:703-5. 2011..The establishment of well-curated, federated data repositories will provide a means to preserve data while promoting attribution and acknowledgement of its use...
- State of the nation in data integration for bioinformaticsCarole Goble
School of Computer Science, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M139PL, UK
J Biomed Inform 41:687-93. 2008..The paper expands on that talk. We attempt to place some perspective on past efforts, highlight the reasons for success and failure, and indicate some pointers to the future...
- Biological knowledge management: the emerging role of the Semantic Web technologiesErick Antezana
Department of Biology at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Brief Bioinform 10:392-407. 2009..Ontologies and Semantic Web technologies revolutionize these efforts. Here, we review the benefits, trends, current possibilities, and the potential this holds for the biosciences...
- Public reporting in health care: how do consumers use quality-of-care information? A systematic reviewMarjan Faber
Scientific Institute for Quality of Healthcare, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Med Care 47:1-8. 2009..One of the underlying goals of public reporting is to encourage the consumer to select health care providers or health plans that offer comparatively better quality-of-care...
- A decadal view of biodiversity informatics: challenges and prioritiesAlex Hardisty
School of Computer Science and Informatics, Cardiff University, Queens Buildings, 5 The Parade, Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK
BMC Ecol 13:16. 2013....
- YouTube for information on rheumatoid arthritis--a wakeup call?Abha G Singh
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Rheumatol 39:899-903. 2012..YouTube is a popular, consumer-generated, video-sharing website, which can be a source of information on RA. We investigated the quality of information on RA on YouTube and analyzed audience interaction...
- Social media adoption in local health departments nationwideJenine K Harris
George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Am J Public Health 103:1700-7. 2013..We also examined the number of tweets per month for Twitter accounts as an indicator of social media use by LHDs...
- In for the long haul: knowledge translation between academic and nonprofit organizationsS Mikael Jansson
Centre for Addictions Research of BC, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Qual Health Res 20:131-43. 2010....
- Systematic archiving and access to health research data: rationale, current status and way forwardManju Rani
Western Pacific Regional Office, World Health Organization, Corner Taft and UN Avenue, Manila 1000, Philippines
Bull World Health Organ 90:932-9. 2012..Duplication of costs and effort could be avoided by collaboration between countries. In developing countries, interventions are required to build capacity in data management and analysis...
- Toward evidence-based quality improvement. Evidence (and its limitations) of the effectiveness of guideline dissemination and implementation strategies 1966-1998Jeremy Grimshaw
Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Gen Intern Med 21:S14-20. 2006..To determine effectiveness and costs of different guideline dissemination and implementation strategies...
- Spanning boundaries in pursuit of effective knowledge sharing within networks in the NHSGraeme Currie
Nottingham University Business School, Nottingham, UK
J Health Organ Manag 21:406-17. 2007..The purpose of this paper is to examine power asymmetries in the delivery of genetics healthcare that inhibit knowledge sharing across sector, organisational and professional boundaries...
- Promoting transparency in pharmaceutical industry-sponsored researchJoseph S Ross
Section of General Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine and Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT 06520 8093, USA
Am J Public Health 102:72-80. 2012..Minimizing marketing's impact on clinical trial research and strengthening the science will protect medical literature's integrity and the public's health...
- Identifying personal genomes by surname inferenceMelissa Gymrek
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Science 339:321-4. 2013..S. males. We further demonstrate the feasibility of this technique by tracing back with high probability the identities of multiple participants in public sequencing projects...
- Communicating uncertainty--how Australian television reported H1N1 risk in 2009: a content analysisAndrea S Fogarty
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:181. 2011..This paper presents a case-study of news communication regarding the emergence of pH1N1...
- Advancing global health research through digital technology and sharing dataTrudie Lang
Global Health Clinical Trials, Centre for Tropical Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7LJ, UK
Science 331:714-7. 2011....
- The effectiveness of clinical guideline implementation strategies--a synthesis of systematic review findingsMathew Prior
Centre for Allied Health Evidence, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
J Eval Clin Pract 14:888-97. 2008..Data sources/study setting Systematic reviews in full text, English language, 1987-2007, reporting any measure of clinical process change or cost-benefit analysis...
- The role of transdisciplinary collaboration in translating and disseminating health research: lessons learned and exemplars of successKaren M Emmons
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Prev Med 35:S204-10. 2008..Examples of transdisciplinary collaborations in academic and community settings are provided, along with factors that may influence the long-term outcomes of transdisciplinary efforts...
- Dissemination of physical activity promotion interventions in underserved populationsAntronette K Yancey
Department of Health Services, and Center to Eliminate Health Disparities, UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 31:S82-91. 2006..Researchers, practitioners, decision makers, and policymakers must partner to bridge the evidentiary gap so that the physically active lifestyle choices become the easier choices...
- LabKey Server: an open source platform for scientific data integration, analysis and collaborationElizabeth K Nelson
LabKey Software, Seattle, WA 98102, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 12:71. 2011..These tools must enable researchers to organize and integrate heterogeneous data early in the discovery process, standardize processes, gain new insights into pooled data and collaborate securely...
- The continued use of retracted, invalid scientific literatureM P Pfeifer
Department of Medicine, University of Louisville, KY 40292
JAMA 263:1420-3. 1990..These included a dearth of available information on retracted works; inconsistency in retraction format, terminology, and indexing; and an apparent lack of sufficient attention to manuscripts by some authors and editors...
- The media matter: a call for straightforward medical reportingLisa M Schwartz
Ann Intern Med 140:226-8. 2004
- Systematic review: the evidence that publishing patient care performance data improves quality of careConstance H Fung
RAND, Santa Monica, California 90407 2138, USA
Ann Intern Med 148:111-23. 2008..Previous reviews have shown inconsistent effects of publicly reported performance data on quality of care, but many new studies have become available in the 7 years since the last systematic review...
- The nuts and bolts of PROSPERO: an international prospective register of systematic reviewsAlison Booth
Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, Alcuin B Block, Heslington, York, UK, YO10 5DD
Syst Rev 1:2. 2012..The objectives were to reduce unplanned duplication of reviews and provide transparency in the review process, with the aim of minimizing reporting bias...
- What types of evidence are most needed to advance behavioral medicine?Russell E Glasgow
Center for Dissemination and Implementation Research, Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Aurora, CO 80237 8066, USA
Ann Behav Med 35:19-25. 2008..This editorial presents a perspective on the types of evidence most needed to advance behavioral medicine given the current status of the field...
- YouTube as source of prostate cancer informationPeter L Steinberg
Section of Urology, Department of Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Urology 75:619-22. 2010..Patients can search the Internet for prostate cancer information, and YouTube is a popular Web site that they may consult. We analyzed the prostate cancer videos on YouTube for information content and the presence of bias...
- Sharing medical data for health research: the early personal health record experienceElissa R Weitzman
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, United States
J Med Internet Res 12:e14. 2010..Understanding consumer willingness to share data is critical to advancing this model...
- A principal component analysis of 39 scientific impact measuresJohan Bollen
Digital Library Research and Prototyping Team, Research Library, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6022. 2009..Here we investigate how these new measures relate to each other, and how accurately and completely they express scientific impact...
- Ana and the Internet: a review of pro-anorexia websitesMark L Norris
Paediatric Medicine and Adolescent Health, The Department of Paediatrics, University of Ottawa, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Int J Eat Disord 39:443-7. 2006..The purpose of this article is to describe the content of pro-anorexia websites, both qualitatively and quantitatively...
- Disseminating innovations in health careDonald M Berwick
Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
JAMA 289:1969-75. 2003....
- A glossary for dissemination and implementation research in healthBorsika A Rabin
Department of Community Health and Prevention Research Center, School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, 3545 Lafayette Ave, Salus Center 475, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 14:117-23. 2008....
- A process for systematically reviewing the literature: providing the research evidence for public health nursing interventionsB H Thomas
McMaster University School of Nursing, Hamilton Public Health and Community Services, Ontario, Canada
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 1:176-84. 2004..Also, the project is expected to disseminate the results provincially, nationally, and internationally. Most of the reviews are relevant to public health nursing practice...
- Rural Tanzanian women's awareness of danger signs of obstetric complicationsAndrea B Pembe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences, P, O, Box 65117, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 9:12. 2009..The objectives of this study were to assess women's awareness of danger signs of obstetric complications and to identify associated factors in a rural district in Tanzania...
- Internet-delivered interventions aimed at adolescents: a Delphi study on dissemination and exposureRik Crutzen
Department of Health Education ealth Promotion, School for Public Health and Primary Care CAPHRI, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Health Educ Res 23:427-39. 2008..Overall, the results of this exploration serve as a handle for the formation of further research questions to be tested and answered in research among adolescents...
- Open access, readership, citations: a randomized controlled trial of scientific journal publishingPhilip M Davis
Department of Communication, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
FASEB J 25:2129-34. 2011..The real beneficiaries of open access publishing may not be the research community but communities of practice that consume, but rarely contribute to, the corpus of literature...
- GMD@CSB.DB: the Golm Metabolome DatabaseJoachim Kopka
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Golm, Germany
Bioinformatics 21:1635-8. 2005..AVAILABILITY: http://csbdb.mpimp-golm.mpg.de/gmd.html CONTACT: Steinhauser@mpimp-golm.mpg.de SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: http://csbdb.mpimp-golm.mpg.de/..
- Does physiotherapy management of low back pain change as a result of an evidence-based educational programme?Kay Stevenson
University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, UK
J Eval Clin Pract 12:365-75. 2006..The use of opinion leaders to disseminate new evidence around the management of low back pain into practice has been proposed...
- Disseminating effective cancer screening interventionsRussell E Glasgow
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, Colorado 80237 8066, USA
Cancer 101:1239-50. 2004....
- Promoting coherent minimum reporting guidelines for biological and biomedical investigations: the MIBBI projectChris F Taylor
European Bioinformatics Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire CB10 1SD, UK
Nat Biotechnol 26:889-96. 2008
- Advancing translational research with the Semantic WebAlan Ruttenberg
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge, MA, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 8:S2. 2007....
- Effectiveness and efficiency of guideline dissemination and implementation strategiesJ M Grimshaw
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, UK
Health Technol Assess 8:iii-iv, 1-72. 2004..To estimate the resource implications of these strategies. To develop a framework for deciding when it is efficient to develop and introduce clinical guidelines...
- Clinical research projects at a German medical faculty: follow-up from ethical approval to publication and citation by othersA Blümle
Department of Medical Biometry and Statistics, Institute of Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Med Ethics 34:e20. 2008..If study results are reported selectively, reporting bias and distortion of summarised estimates of effect or harm of treatments can occur. The publication and citation of results of clinical research conducted in Germany was studied...
- Guidelines for establishing locus specific databasesMauno Vihinen
Institute of Biomedical Technology, University of Tampere, Finland
Hum Mutat 33:298-305. 2012..These resources are becoming ever more important and new curators are essential to ensure that we will have expertly curated databases for all disease-related genes in the near future...
- SHARE: system design and case studies for statistical health information releaseJames Gardner
Digital Reasoning Systems Inc, Franklin, Tennessee, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 20:109-16. 2013..We present two case studies that evaluate the software on real medical datasets and demonstrate the feasibility and utility of applying the differential privacy framework on biomedical data...
- The development of clinical practice guidelines and guidance statements of the American College of Physicians: summary of methodsAmir Qaseem
American College of Physicians, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106, USA
Ann Intern Med 153:194-9. 2010..All ACP clinical practice guidelines and clinical guidance statements, if not updated, are considered automatically withdrawn or invalid 5 years after publication or once an update has been issued...
- A framework for training health professionals in implementation and dissemination scienceRalph Gonzales
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, USA
Acad Med 87:271-8. 2012..The authors encourage other training programs and institutions to use or adapt the design principles, conceptual framework, and proposed competencies to evaluate their current IDS training needs and to support new program development...
- Integrating open-source technologies to build low-cost information systems for improved access to public health dataQian Yi
Center for Public Health Informatics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Int J Health Geogr 7:29. 2008....
- Privacy-preserving heterogeneous health data sharingNoman Mohammed
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Am Med Inform Assoc 20:462-9. 2013..In this paper, we propose an algorithm that considers both relational and set-valued data in differentially private disclosure of healthcare data...
- Procurement of shared data instruments for Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap)Jihad S Obeid
South Carolina Translational Research Institute, Biomedical Informatics Program, Medical University of South Carolina, 55 Bee St, MSC 200, Charleston, SC 29425, United States
J Biomed Inform 46:259-65. 2013..We postulate that the shared library of instruments reduces the burden of adhering to sound data collection principles while promoting best practices...
- Knowledge integration: conceptualizing communications in cancer control systemsAllan Best
Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, 718, 828 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1L8
Patient Educ Couns 71:319-27. 2008..The goal was to nurture common ground upon which to build a platform for translating what we know about cancer into what we do in practice and policy...
- Systematic review of health information exchange in primary care practicesPatricia Fontaine
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 23:655-70. 2010..Ambulatory primary care practices are essential to this process; however, the factors that motivate them to participate in HIE are not well studied, particularly among small practices...
- Quality of internet information available to patients on websites in PortugueseAdriana Del Giglio
Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Members of Students Committee of ACP Brazil, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
Rev Assoc Med Bras 58:645-9. 2012..For this reason, this study attempted to evaluate the quality of information available in Portuguese on the web regarding these disorders...
- Public reporting of provider performance: can its impact be made greater?David L Robinowitz
Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine, Institute of Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 27:517-36. 2006..Therefore, we also consider the advantages and disadvantages of several novel approaches to analyzing and reporting provider performance...
- Genomics really gets personal: how exome and whole genome sequencing challenge the ethical framework of human genetics researchHolly K Tabor
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am J Med Genet A 155:2916-24. 2011..We provide broad guidance about interim ways to contend with these issues and make broad recommendations for areas for novel resource and policy development...
- Is it time to drop the 'knowledge translation' metaphor? A critical literature reviewTrisha Greenhalgh
Global Health, Policy and Innovation Unit, Centre for Primary Care and Public Health, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London E1 2AB, UK
J R Soc Med 104:501-9. 2011....
- Quality of reporting of trial abstracts needs to be improved: using the CONSORT for abstracts to assess the four leading Chinese medical journals of traditional Chinese medicineLing Wang
Chinese Cochrane Centre, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Trials 11:75. 2010....
- Learning networks for sustainable, large-scale improvementC Joseph McCannon
Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 35:286-91. 2009..Large-scale improvement efforts known as improvement networks offer structured opportunities for exchange of information and insights into the adaptation of clinical protocols to a variety of settings...
- Life sciences on the Semantic Web: the Neurocommons and beyondAlan Ruttenberg
Informatics Institute, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Brief Bioinform 10:193-204. 2009..All components of the knowledge base are freely available at http://neurocommons.org/, enabling readers to reconstruct the knowledge base and experiment with this new technology...
- Who shares? Who doesn't? Factors associated with openly archiving raw research dataHeather A Piwowar
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18657. 2011..Let's learn from those with high rates of sharing to embrace the full potential of our research output...
- Awake at the switch: improving fish consumption advisories for at-risk womenMario F Teisl
School of Economics, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469, USA
Sci Total Environ 409:3257-66. 2011..We conclude a well-designed advisory can successfully transform a complex risk/benefit message into one that leads to appropriate knowledge and behavioral changes...
- Health information exchange usage in emergency departments and clinics: the who, what, and whyKevin B Johnson
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:690-7. 2011..Understanding approaches taken by existing successful exchanges can help new exchange efforts determine goals and plan implementations. The goal of this study was to explore characteristics of use and users of a successful regional HIE...
- Playing smallball: approaches to evaluating pilot health information exchange systemsKevin B Johnson
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2209 Garland Avenue, Room 428, Nashville, TN 37232, United States
J Biomed Inform 40:S21-6. 2007..Despite the existence of traditional approaches for large-scale evaluation, a more realistic approach may be a "smallball" model based on established IT implementation phases, with appropriate evaluation dimensions linked to each phase...
- The inadvertent disclosure of personal health information through peer-to-peer file sharing programsKhaled El Emam
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:148-58. 2010..We wanted to estimate the extent to which personal health information (PHI) is being disclosed in this way, and compare that to the extent of disclosure of personal financial information (PFI)...
- A randomized controlled trial to evaluate the relative efficacy of adding voluntary counseling and testing (VCT) to information dissemination in reducing HIV-related risk behaviors among Hong Kong male cross-border truck driversJoseph T F Lau
Centre for Epidemiology and Biostatistics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
AIDS Care 22:17-28. 2010..The present study aims to evaluate the relative efficacy of the voluntary counseling and testing plus information dissemination (VCT-ID) approach versus the information dissemination (ID) approach for promoting HIV preventive ..
- Knowledge sharing and organizational learning in the context of hospital infection preventionPavani Rangachari
School of Health Sciences, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 19:34-46. 2010..This, in turn, helps put forth recommendations for health management research and practice...
- Antenatal care in The Gambia: missed opportunity for information, education and communicationSamuel E Anya
Reproductive Health Research Unit, School of Medicine and Allied Health Sciences, University of The Gambia, MDI Road, Kanifing, The Gambia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 8:9. 2008..We examined the provision of information and education in antenatal clinics from the perspective of pregnant women attending these clinics...
- The impact of information transmission on epidemic outbreaksIstvan Z Kiss
Department of Mathematics, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN19RF, UK
Math Biosci 225:1-10. 2010....
- Pro-anorexia websites: what a clinician should knowJenni L Harshbarger
Department of Counseling and Psychological Services, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina 29634 4022, USA
Int J Eat Disord 42:367-70. 2009....
- How and why are communities of practice established in the healthcare sector? A systematic review of the literatureGeetha Ranmuthugala
Australian Institute of Health Innovation, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 11:273. 2011..To this end, a systematic review of the literature on CoPs was conducted, to examine how and why CoPs have been established and whether they have been shown to improve healthcare practice...
- Data sharing: not as simple as it seemsNeil Pearce
Faculty of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
Environ Health 10:107. 2011..Thus, the undoubted benefits of data sharing does not remove the obligations and responsibilities that the original investigators hold for the people they invited to participate in the study...
- Parental use of the Internet to seek health information and primary care utilisation for their child: a cross-sectional studyGauthier Bouche
Unite d Evaluation Medicale, Pôle Pharmacie et Santé Publique, CHU et université de Poitiers, Poitiers, France
BMC Public Health 8:300. 2008..Our objective was to investigate the relationship between parental use of the Internet to seek health information and primary care utilisation for their child...
- The need for systems change: reflections on knowledge translation and organizational changeAlison L Kitson
Green Templeton College, University of Oxford, UK
J Adv Nurs 65:217-28. 2009....
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination databases: value, content, and developmentsAlison M Booth
Centre for Review and Dissemination, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, United Kingdom
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 26:470-2. 2010....
- Commonly cited website quality criteria are not effective at identifying inaccurate online information about breast cancerElmer V Bernstam
School of Health Information Sciences, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 112:1206-13. 2008..However, the effectiveness of these tools is unknown. The authors determined whether existing quality criteria can identify inaccurate breast cancer information online...
- Status of open access in the biomedical field in 2005Mamiko Matsubayashi
Graduate School of Library, Information and Media Studies, University of Tsukuba, 1 2 Kasuga, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki, Japan
J Med Libr Assoc 97:4-11. 2009..This study was designed to document the state of open access (OA) in the biomedical field in 2005...
- The value of health care information exchange and interoperabilityJan Walker
Center for Information Technology Leadership, Partners HealthCare System, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) . 2005..The clinical impact of HIEI for which quantitative estimates cannot yet be made would likely add further value. A compelling business case exists for national implementation of fully standardized HIEI...
- Bio2RDF: towards a mashup to build bioinformatics knowledge systemsFrançois Belleau
Centre de Recherche du CHUL, Universite Laval, 2705 Boulevard Laurier, Que, Canada G1V4G2
J Biomed Inform 41:706-16. 2008..The Bio2RDF repository can be queried at http://bio2rdf.org...
- Does publicizing hospital performance stimulate quality improvement efforts?Judith H Hibbard
Department of Planning Public Policy and Management at the University of Oregon in Eugene, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 22:84-94. 2003..The findings from this Wisconsin-based study indicate that there is added value to making this information public...
- A knowledge transfer strategy for public health decision makersM Dobbins
McMaster University, School of Nursing, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 1:120-8. 2004..The research team believes strongly that consultation with potential users is crucial to ensure the conduct of relevant and timely research as well as the development of an effective knowledge transfer strategy...
- Tracing information flow on a global scale using Internet chain-letter dataDavid Liben-Nowell
Department of Computer Science, Carleton College, Northfield, MN 55057, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:4633-8. 2008..We describe a probabilistic model based on network clustering and asynchronous response times that produces trees with this characteristic structure on social-network data...
- Journalists and jabs: media coverage of the MMR vaccineTammy Speers
Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
Commun Med 1:171-81. 2004..We will argue that the media's critical scrutiny of those supporting MMR was not matched by a rigorous examination of the case against it, and that the public was, as a consequence, often misinformed about the level of risk involved...
- A survey of the quality of web based information on the treatment of schizophrenia and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderStephen Kisely
Department of Psychiatry, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 37:85-91. 2003..To systematically assess the quality, accountability and readability of Internet information on the treatment of schizophrenia and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), using a standardized pro forma...
- Improving the public health workforce: evaluation of a training course to enhance evidence-based decision makingMariah Dreisinger
School of Public Health, Saint Louis University, 3545 Lafayette Ave, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 14:138-43. 2008..These data suggest the importance of professional training opportunities in EBPH for public health practitioners. Future endeavors should focus on overcoming the barriers to the dissemination of EBPH...
- Estimated financial savings associated with health information exchange and ambulatory care referralMark E Frisse
Vanderbilt Center for Better Health, 3401 West End Avenue, Suite 290, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
J Biomed Inform 40:S27-32. 2007..These projections support the case for the financial viability of regional health information exchanges and motivate participation of hospitals and ambulatory care organizations-particularly in urban settings...
- Data sharing in medical research: an empirical investigationD D Reidpath
School of Health Services, Deakin University
Bioethics 15:125-34. 2001..It also highlights an unfortunate situation where researchers are more concerned with losing an advantage than advancing science...
- Effectiveness of an online computer-tailored physical activity intervention in a real-life settingHeleen Spittaels
Policy Research Centre Sports, Physical Activity and Health, Belgium
Health Educ Res 22:385-96. 2007..In conclusion, although tailored advice was appreciated more than standard advice, no evidence was found that an online-tailored physical activity intervention program outperformed online standard information...
- Yale Drug Abuse, Addiction, and HIV Research Scholars (Yale-DAHRS)PATRICK O'CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..The use of clinical informatics for data collection, data management, diagnostic tool development, and information dissemination;and (4) The integration of such diverse fields as public health, informatics, clinical epidemiology, ..
- Academic-Community Partnerships to Brdge Across the U.S. Pacific IslandsAlice Tse; Fiscal Year: 2012..likely include: infant mortality, obesity other nutritional disorders;and techniques for outreach and information dissemination. Both in-person and distance-based technologies (e.g...
- CNS EFFECTS OF ALCOHOL: CELLULAR NEUROBIOLOGYGeorge F Koob; Fiscal Year: 2013..Training and information dissemination to the San Diego community will be effected by the training opportunities of the Center including an ..
- Fighting Malaria with Microfinance: Evidence from IndiaAlessandro Tarozzi; Fiscal Year: 2010..preliminary baseline survey has been conducted in 150 villages where the lender operates, followed by an information dissemination campaign about ITNs and malaria...
- Building Partnerships to Enhance Health and Health Care Delivery in Alabama and GRUEBEN CLIFTON WARREN; Fiscal Year: 2012..By providing a space for information dissemination and informed discourse between equal partners, TUNCBRHC believes these conferences will: * Create a ..
- Peer-led and Telehealth CER Adoption for Diabetes Prevention and ManagementHERMES JOSE FLOREZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..alone (PC), or activated by technology (TechnAlert-Peer or TAP), is superior to traditional methods of information dissemination (Usual Care or UC) for adoption of CER on prevention and management of diabetes, leading to better self-..
- IGF::OT::IGF SUPPORT SERVICES FOR TWO INFORMATION CLEARINGHOUSES, NIAMS, NIHKim Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2013..Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases'(NIAMS) comprehensive program of information dissemination to patients, their health care providers, the research community, and the media through the NIAMS ..
- Support Services for Two National Information ClearinghousesKIMBERLY HOLMES; Fiscal Year: 2011..Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases'(NIAMS) comprehensive program of information dissemination to patients, their health care providers, the research community, and the media through the NIAMS ..
- Support Services for Two National Information ClearinghousesJENNIFER BLACKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases'(NIAMS) comprehensive program of information dissemination to patients, their health care providers, the research community, and the media through the NIAMS ..
- Support Services for Two National Information ClearinghousesKIMBERLY HOLMES; Fiscal Year: 2012
- Web-based and Interactive Virtual Environments for Children with Food AllergiesJosh S Spitalnick; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, most resources targeting this population emphasize information dissemination and education, either in-person or via the web, and typically focus on parents, with few resources ..
- Southern Oncology Network on Adverse Reactions (SONAR) - Focus on Tyrosine KinaseRICHARD MICHAEL SCHULZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..Timely information dissemination on sADRs is important for oncology drugs, as they are toxic to normal and malignant cells, have high ..
- Development of a US/Canadian Job Exposure Matrix for NoiseRichard L Neitzel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Occupational Research Agenda: hearing loss prevention, exposure assessment, and communications and information dissemination. The study also addresses several goals of Healthy People 2020...
- LSUHSC-Shreveport Feist Weiller Cancer Center MBCCOPGlenn M Mills; Fiscal Year: 2013..an organization dedicated to reducing cancer disparities by providing education, screening, referrals, information dissemination, and other resources in the minority and underserved communities...
- Center of Excellence for Cancer Research, Training and Community ServiceKaram F A Soliman; Fiscal Year: 2013..scientists engaged in biomedical and behavioral research;5) Establish and enhance community outreach and information dissemination activities that will increase prevention efforts and foster early detection towards reducing breast ..
- Decision-making in Pelvic Floor Disorders: Translating Outcomes to PracticeJAMES LEIGH WHITESIDE; Fiscal Year: 2010..decision priorities and thereby address any differences between patients and physicians and improve information dissemination between them...
- MIT LASER BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH CENTERRAMACHANDRA RAO DASARI; Fiscal Year: 2011..and education will be carried out at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate level, while the information dissemination will be maintained through our laboratory's publication -The Spectrograph- and various other ..
- Enhancing Information Dissemination on Health Disparities Research: A DatabaseBill Bowers; Fiscal Year: 2010Enhancing Information Dissemination on Health Disparities Research Recovery Act Limited Competition for NIH Grants: Research and Research Infrastructure "Grand Opportunities: (RC2) RFA-OD-09-004 The goal of this project is to develop ..
- Oregon Alzheimer's Disease CenterJeffrey A Kaye; Fiscal Year: 2013..This Core uses a variety of educational forums for information dissemination including small seminars, the Internet, and a large public symposium...
- UCLA OLDER AMERICANS INDEPENDENCE CENTERDavid B Reuben; Fiscal Year: 2013..and Retention, Research Operations, Analysis and Cost Effectiveness, and Inflammatory Biology) and a new Information Dissemination Core that will facilitate OAlC-related research at every step (recruitment, measurement, data management,..
- GUIDE: Genomic Uses in Infectious Diseases and EpidemicsJeffrey P Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2013..SA3): Document information dissemination and communication about genomics and infectious diseases in the scientific, public health and social ..
- Southern California Primary Infection ProgramDouglas D Richman; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will develop a set of on-line resources and communications technologies that facilitate scholarly exchange, distance-independent collaboration, information dissemination, education and training.
- Ehancing Prevention Capacity with Developmental Assets and Getting to OutcomesMatthew Chinman; Fiscal Year: 2012..Common ways to bridge this gap, such as information dissemination, fail to change practice or outcomes at the local level in part because it does not sufficiently address ..
- Occupational Safety and Health Training Project GrantJesus Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2013..Other program's goals are to serve as local resource for information dissemination, continuing education and consultation services;and to conduct applied and basic research in the field ..
- Research meets practice: Human-animal interaction in obesity across the lifespanRebecca Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The HAI conference will be the first of its kind devoted to information dissemination and dialogue between health care professionals from such fields as nursing, medicine, veterinary ..
- Hearing Therapies for the FutureGabrielle Saunders; Fiscal Year: 2007..To this end, conference sessions will combine varied formats to stimulate learning, discussion and information dissemination among leading scientists in the field of prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of NIHL, and ..
- Academic Community Partnerships for CBPR on Social Media &Digital CommunicationKELLI T WELLS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our initial focus on health disparity reduction will be on the use of techniques of outreach and information dissemination that are most effective with minority adolescents and young adults related to obesity in those ..
- Academic Community Partnerships for CBPR on Social Media &Digital CommunicationWilliam C Livingood; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our initial focus on health disparity reduction will be on the use of techniques of outreach and information dissemination that are most effective with minority adolescents and young adults related to obesity in those ..
- Getting to Outcomes and Underage DrinkingMatthew Chinman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Common translation efforts, such as information dissemination, fail to change practice or outcomes at the local level in part because they do not sufficiently build ..
- INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMME ON CHEMICAL SAFETYMaria Neira; Fiscal Year: 2010..scientific information and initiation of data collection archives, education, awareness raising, and information dissemination. Countries use these products to put in place evidence based public health, prevention, and remediation ..
- Alcohol Research Center - Treatment and ImplicationsHoward C Becker; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pilot Project Component attracts new talent or new ideas to the Center;and the Research Translation/Information Dissemination Component accomplishes the aim and responsibility of a Center for information dissemination on advances ..
- Lower Washington Heights CBPR PartnershipRichard G Younge; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 1: Improve health literacy and information dissemination in Washington Heights by establishing a CBPR Partnership Advisory Board that will provide a structure ..
- Predicting Attention to HIV-Relevant InformationAllison Earl; Fiscal Year: 2011..Furthermore, this application provides a critical first step toward the overall goal of improving public health by information dissemination.
- ASU-UAB EXPORT Project REAPKaryn Scissum Gunn; Fiscal Year: 2004..A Community Outreach Information Dissemination Core aims to collect data from state public service announcement (PSA) directors and school system ..
- Enhancing Quality Interventions Promoting Healthy SexualityMatthew Chinman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Common ways to bridge this gap, such as information dissemination, fail to change practice or outcomes at the local level in part because it does not sufficiently address ..
- Online Health Education Curriculum Resource CenterJanice Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2006..to high quality health education curricula and lesson plans in order to improve health instruction and information dissemination to America's school children...
- Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center at YaleTHOMAS MICHAEL GILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Research Career Development;3) Pilot/Exploratory Studies;4) Operations;5) Biostatistics;and 6) Information Dissemination. For the first 1 to 2 years of the next cycle, we propose to support 4 RCDC candidates, 3 pilot studies, ..
- VIRTUAL CONVERSATIONS FOR PROSTATE CANCER DECISIONSWILLIAM GLENN HARLESS; Fiscal Year: 2010..this project is in full support of a primary aspect of the NCI mission regarding research in health information dissemination. Virtual dialogue technology offers the opportunity for patients to individually engage cancer experts ..
- RESEARCH AND TRAINING CENTER IN HEARING AND BALANCEEric Young; Fiscal Year: 1999This proposal requests renewal support of an integrated center for research, research training, information dissemination, and continuing education related to disorders of hearing and balance...
- Nuestro Futuro: Applied Science Education to Engage Black and Latino YouthLINDA SUSAN SPRAGUE MARTINEZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..in the sciences and enthusiasm for studying the sciences by providing research career awareness opportunities, mentoring and information dissemination to increase the representation of underrepresented minority groups in the sciences.
- POPULATION RESEARCH CENTERHerbert L Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed support for the PSC Administrative, Computing, Information Technology, and Information Dissemination (CITID), Developmental and Public Infrastructure reflects forward-looking re-evaluations of how best to ..
- Enhancing Mental Health Services to Children with AutismThomas Nesbitt; Fiscal Year: 2004..Design and write research proposals to investigate the efficacy of the newly developed interdisciplinary telehealth guidelines to enhance delivery of mental health practices for children with autism in rural communities. ..
- Prevention of Noise-Induced Hearing Loss in Children and AdolescentsWilliam Martin; Fiscal Year: 2005..applications and key scientific information critical to public health policy decision making, public information dissemination and future research guidance for the prevention of noise-induced hearing loss in youth...
- NEUROGENIC COMMUNICATION DISORDERSTHOMAS HIXON; Fiscal Year: 2000..and includes four components: basic and clinical research, research training, continuing education, and information dissemination. The research component contains studies of normal and abnormal function, with projects on speech ..
- Health Disparities Research with MT/WY Indian TribesDANIEL FARRINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2004..and Wyoming, which will be used to identify high priority health areas for community outreach and information dissemination; 2) Development and implementation of standardized data collection protocols for collecting ..
- Preparing to Run Effective Prevention (PREP)Matthew Chinman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Common ways to bridge this gap, such as information dissemination, fail to change practice or outcomes at the local level in part because it does not sufficiently address ..
- PRODUCTION AGRICULTURE INTERVENTION EVALUATIONLarry Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2001..WI, IA, MI, MN) to adopt safer and more profitable production methods through a specially-designed information dissemination effort via the print media, public events, university Extension, the Internet, and other information ..
- IRC FOR THE STUDY OF LATE-LIFE MOOD DISORDERSCharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2004..The IRC/LLMD consists of six cores: 1) Administrative, Data Management, and Information Dissemination; 2) Methodology; 3) Recruitment, Assessment and Follow- up; 4) Health and Behavior; 5) Geriatric ..
- The Greater Cleveland Consortium on Youth Violence PreventionMark I Singer; Fiscal Year: 2013..and the Partnership for a Safer Cleveland will collaborate to address youth violence prevention information dissemination and research through a joint effort of existing academic centers and community agencies in the Cleveland,..
- The Greater Cleveland Consortium on Youth Violence PreventionMark I Singer; Fiscal Year: 2012..and the Partnership for a Safer Cleveland will collaborate to address youth violence prevention information dissemination and research through a joint effort of existing academic centers and community agencies in the Cleveland,..
- Building Sustainable Community-Linked Infrastructure to Enable Health Science ResDan M Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2010..will utilize a state-of-the-art web-based resource portal and videoconference technology to improve information dissemination, technical assistance in, networking, training and mentoring between the Academic Health Centers (AHCs) ..
- WHO Global Occupational Health Programme 2004-2007GERARDA EIJKEMANS; Fiscal Year: 2007..to decision- makers, (b) to provide infrastructure support and development through capacity building, information dissemination and networking, and (c) to support protection and promotion of workers' health...
- Mobilizing Youth for Action Against Tobacco in IndiaCheryl Perry; Fiscal Year: 2006..the prevalence of tobacco use among adolescents in grades 6-9, using an updated Project Health Related Information Dissemination Among Youth (HRIDAY) intervention...
- AREA: Elucidating cAMP signaling in Mycobacterium smegmatisMICHAELA GAZDIK; Fiscal Year: 2009..of undergraduates who will be responsible for performing many of the experiments and will be included in information dissemination by presenting posters at scientific meetings and being co-authors on related publications. Utilizing M...
- CENTER FOR HEARING LOSS IN CHILDRENPATRICK BROOKHOUSER; Fiscal Year: 1999..profound, through a tightly integrated program of research, research training, continuing education and information dissemination. All programs of the Center, including the six proposed research projects, are organized around three ..
- CANCER CONTROL IN NORTH AMERICAN CHINESE WOMENVictoria Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2000..including data on food consumption, factors affecting food choices, and channels for nutrition information dissemination. To increase the generalizability of findings, the research will be conducted in two cities: Seattle, ..
- Support Services for the Weight-control Information Network (WIN)Danita Byrd Holt; Fiscal Year: 2009This project supports NIDDKs mission to establish a program of conducting health information dissemination related to nutritional disorders, including obesity, and to facilitate and enhance knowledge and understanding of nutritional ..
- Community Connections and Collaboration ProjectJOAN BRANDT; Fiscal Year: 2007..community members, inquire about community health concerns (such as appropriate outreach and health information dissemination to immigrant groups), develop a shared commitment to address the concern, actively participate in the ..
- Is CIS Reaching CT Native Americans? Understanding Cancer Information SeekingDiane Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2007..learned in this proposed study will be used to develop a culturally appropriate curriculum on cancer information dissemination among Native Americans in Connecticut...
- Wisconsin Dairy Traumatic Occupational Injury Intervent*Larry Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2004..2. Conduct annual, large sample, mail questionnaire-based scientific evaluation of the information dissemination intervention that includes both process and outcome measures...
- DREW/UCLA Project Export CenterMartin Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2006..providing them with individualized curricula, career guidance and supervision; (3) a Community Outreach/Information Dissemination Core, which will disseminate culturally-sensitive health information to low-income Latinos and African ..
- Obesity through the Life CycleYvonne Bronner; Fiscal Year: 2007..individual community members to jointly work to address the issue of overweight and obesity as well as information dissemination through community organization, needs assessment, consensus building and program development...
- Different Approaches to Information DisseminationELIZABETH DICHTER; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..