Genomes and Genes
Summary: The act or practice of calling public attention to a product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers, magazines, on radio, or on television. (Random House Unabridged Dictionary, 2d ed)
Publications277 found, 100 shown here
- Cigarette advertising in Black, Latino, and White magazines, 1998-2002: an exploratory investigationHope Landrine
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University, 6363 Alvarado Court, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
Ethn Dis 15:63-7. 2005..To examine the number, type (menthol vs non-menthol), brand (Black, White, Women's, Other), and size of cigarette ads in Black, Latino, and White magazines...
- Ghettoizing outdoor advertising: disadvantage and ad panel density in black neighborhoodsNaa Oyo A Kwate
Department of Sociomedical Sciences, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Urban Health 84:21-31. 2007This study investigated correlates of outdoor advertising panel density in predominantly African American neighborhoods in New York City...
- Effects of pro- and anti-tobacco advertising on nonsmoking adolescents' intentions to smokeDiane M Straub
Division of Adolescent Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Adolesc Health 32:36-43. 2003To determine the effects of pro- and anti-tobacco advertising on nonsmoking adolescents' intention to smoke in a single cohort.
- Receptivity to tobacco advertising and promotions among young adolescents as a predictor of established smoking in young adulthoodElizabeth A Gilpin
Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Moores Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, Calif 92093 0901, USA
Am J Public Health 97:1489-95. 2007We investigated whether receptivity to tobacco advertising and promotions during young adolescence predicts young adult smoking 6 years later.
- Tobacco promotion and the initiation of tobacco use: assessing the evidence for causalityJoseph R DiFranza
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Pediatrics 117:e1237-48. 2006..We sought to determine whether there is evidence of a causal link between exposure to tobacco promotion and the initiation of tobacco use by children...
- Direct-to-consumer advertising under the radar: the need for realistic drugs policy in AustraliaF J MacKenzie
Centre for Values, Ethics and the Law in Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Intern Med J 37:224-8. 2007Direct-to-consumer advertising of prescription medicines (DTCA-PM) is currently banned in Australia. DTCA-PM is thought to increase health-care costs by increasing demand for drugs that are both expensive and potentially harmful...
- Appraisal of anti-smoking advertising by youth at risk for regular smoking: a comparative study in the United States, Australia, and BritainM Wakefield
The Cancer Council Victoria, Melbourne, Australia
Tob Control 12:ii82-6. 2003..To compare the similarity in how youth in the United States, Australia, and Britain appraise anti-smoking advertisements with different characteristics...
- Content analysis of children's television advertising in relation to dental healthH D Rodd
Paediatric Dentistry, School of Clinical Dentistry, Sheffield, UK
Br Dent J 199:710-2; discussion 713. 2005..In addition, it reports on the volume and type of television advertising aimed at young people, both in the United Kingdom and other developed countries...
- Emotions for sale: cigarette advertising and women's psychosocial needsS J Anderson
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Tob Control 14:127-35. 2005To explore messages of psychosocial needs satisfaction in cigarette advertising targeting women and implications for tobacco control policy.
- Influence of patients' requests for direct-to-consumer advertised antidepressants: a randomized controlled trialRichard L Kravitz
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
JAMA 293:1995-2002. 2005Direct-to-consumer (DTC) advertising of prescription drugs in the United States is both ubiquitous and controversial...
- Tobacco point of sale advertising increases positive brand user imageryR J Donovan
Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer Control, Division of Health Sciences, Curtin University of Technology, Hayman Rd, Bentley, Western Australia, Australia
Tob Control 11:191-4. 2002To determine the potential impact of point of sale advertising on adolescents so as to inform changes to the Tobacco Control Act.
- The Virginia Slims identity crisis: an inside look at tobacco industry marketing to womenB A Toll
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Tob Control 14:172-80. 2005....
- Prevention of deaths from harmful drinking in the United States: the potential effects of tax increases and advertising bans on young drinkersWilliam Hollingworth
Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center, Box 359960, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, Washington 98104 2499, USA
J Stud Alcohol 67:300-8. 2006..In this study, we estimate the impact of interventions to reduce the prevalence of drinking among youth on subsequent drinking patterns and alcohol-attributable mortality...
- Factors affecting trust in on-line prescription drug information and impact of trust on behavior following exposure to DTC advertisingJisu Huh
School of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Health Commun 10:711-31. 2005..of trust in on-line drug information on ad-promoted behavior following exposure to direct-to-consumer (DTC) advertising. Four major findings are reported: (1) on-line drug information is not highly trusted; (2) trust in on-line ..
- Effect of televised, tobacco company-funded smoking prevention advertising on youth smoking-related beliefs, intentions, and behaviorMelanie Wakefield
Center for Behavioral Research in Cancer, The Cancer Council Victoria, Melbourne, Australia
Am J Public Health 96:2154-60. 2006To relate exposure to televised youth smoking prevention advertising to youths' smoking beliefs, intentions, and behaviors.
- The effect of top-level domains and advertisements on health web-site credibilityJoseph B Walther
Department of Communication, Cornell University, 303 Kennedy Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Med Internet Res 6:e24. 2004..Concerns over health information on the Internet have generated efforts to enhance credibility markers; yet how users actually assess the credibility of online health information is largely unknown...
- Factors influencing the shift of patients from one proton pump inhibitor to another: the effect of direct-to-consumer advertisingRichard A Hansen
Division of Pharmaceutical Policy and Evaluative Sciences, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Clin Ther 27:1478-87. 2005..Switching from one proton pump inhibitor (PPI) to another is common, and may be related to factors other than efficacy and tolerability...
- Tobacco industry strategies for influencing European Community tobacco advertising legislationMark Neuman
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, Institute for Health Policy Studies, Cardiovascular Research Institute, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Lancet 359:1323-30. 2002Restrictions on tobacco company advertising and sponsorship are effective parts of tobacco control programmes worldwide...
- Advertising and obesity: a behavioral perspectiveJanet Hoek
Department of Marketing, College of Business, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Health Commun 11:409-23. 2006..In particular, advertising that promotes high fat and high sugar products to children has come under increasing scrutiny...
- The effects of different regulation systems on television food advertising to childrenBridget Kelly
Australian Centre for Health Promotion, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, New South Wales
Aust N Z J Public Health 31:340-3. 2007..The aim of this study was to model children's potential exposure to television food advertisements under different regulatory scenarios to demonstrate the policy implications of regulatory change in Australia...
- Outdoor alcohol advertising near schools: what does it advertise and how is it related to intentions and use of alcohol among young adolescents?Keryn E Pasch
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:587-96. 2007..document and describe all outdoor alcohol advertisements surrounding schools and (2) examine the association between exposure to alcohol advertising in sixth grade and youth alcohol use, intentions, norms, and attitudes in eighth grade.
- Magazine alcohol advertising compliance with the Australian Alcoholic Beverages Advertising CodeKati Donovan
Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer Control, Curtin University of Technology, School of Public Health, Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 26:73-81. 2007..Australia, and assess the extent to which the ads complied with Australia's self-regulatory Alcoholic Beverages Advertising Code (ABAC)...
- Tobacco industry efforts to erode tobacco advertising controls in HungaryT Szilagyi
Rapanui Ltd, Hungary
Cent Eur J Public Health 12:190-6. 2004To review strategies of transnational tobacco companies (TTCs) at creating a favourable advertising environment for their products in Hungary, with special regard to efforts resulting in the liberalisation of tobacco advertising in 1997.
- Time trends and demographic differences in youth exposure to alcohol advertising on televisionJeanne S Ringel
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, California 90407 2138, USA
J Adolesc Health 39:473-80. 2006To examine trends in youth exposure to alcohol advertising on television across different demographic groups.
- Salient stimuli in advertising: the effect of contrast interval length and type on recallG Douglas Olsen
Department of Marketing, Business Economics and Law, School of Business, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Exp Psychol Appl 8:168-79. 2002Salient auditory stimuli (e.g., music or sound effects) are commonly used in advertising to elicit attention. However, issues related to the effectiveness of such stimuli are not well understood...
- Preliminary investigation of the advertising and availability of PREPs, the new "safe" tobacco productsNorval Hickman
ISDSU UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92120, USA
J Behav Med 27:413-24. 2004..the biological impact of these potential reduced exposure products (PREPs) and nothing is known about their advertising and availability. Hence, two pilot studies were conducted to examine the latter issues for the first time...
- How much food advertising is there on Australian television?Kathy Chapman
Health Strategies Division, The Cancer Council NSW, Kings Cross NSW 1340, Australia
Health Promot Int 21:172-80. 2006The purpose of this study was to conduct a comprehensive content analysis of television food advertising and provide data on current levels of food advertising in Australia...
- An experimental study of effects on schoolchildren of exposure to point-of-sale cigarette advertising and pack displaysMelanie Wakefield
The Cancer Council Victoria, 1 Rathdowne Street, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia
Health Educ Res 21:338-47. 2006By creating a sense of familiarity with tobacco, cigarette advertising and bold packaging displays in stores where children often visit may help to pre-dispose them to smoking...
- Direct-to-consumer advertising: public perceptions of its effects on health behaviors, health care, and the doctor-patient relationshipElizabeth Murray
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College School of Medicine at University College London, United Kingdom
J Am Board Fam Pract 17:6-18. 2004To determine public perceptions of the effect of direct-to-consumer advertising (DTCA) of prescription medications on health behaviors, health care utilization, the doctor-patient relationship, and the association between socioeconomic ..
- Which adolescents are most receptive to tobacco industry marketing? implications for counter-advertising campaignsJanet Audrain-McGovern
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Health Commun 15:499-513. 2003This study sought to identify adolescents most receptive to tobacco advertising based on individual differences in novelty-seeking personality and other key variables...
- What are the public health effects of direct-to-consumer drug advertising?Elizabeth A Almasi
Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
PLoS Med 3:e145. 2006Only two industrialized countries, the United States and New Zealand, allow direct-to-consumer advertising (DTCA) of prescription medicines, although New Zealand is planning a ban...
- Television advertising of foodstuffs potentially detrimental to oral health--a content analysis and comparison of children's and primetime broadcastsI G Chestnutt
Dental Public Health Unit, University of Wales College of Medicine, Dental School, Cardiff, UK
Community Dent Health 19:86-9. 2002....
- A means to an end: slim hopes and cigarette advertisingThomas C Boyd
Department of Marketing, Campus Box 6848, California State University, Fullerton, CA 92834 6848, USA
Health Promot Pract 4:266-77. 2003..A brief history of tobacco advertising efforts to appeal to women is followed by an exploratory study of Phillip Morris's advertising campaign for ..
- Every document and picture tells a story: using internal corporate document reviews, semiotics, and content analysis to assess tobacco advertisingS J Anderson
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 1390, USA
Tob Control 15:254-61. 2006..article we present communication theory as a conceptual framework for conducting documents research on tobacco advertising strategies, and we discuss two methods for analysing advertisements: semiotics and content analysis...
- Alcohol advertising: what makes it attractive to youth?Meng Jinn Chen
Prevention Research Center, Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, 1995 University Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
J Health Commun 10:553-65. 2005..e., people character, animal character, music, story, and humor). It also examines the associations between advertising likeability and its potential influence...
- The tobacco industry's accounts of refining indirect tobacco advertising in MalaysiaM Assunta
School of Public Health, Room 129A Edward Ford Building, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006 Australia
Tob Control 13:ii63-70. 2004To explore tobacco industry accounts of its use of indirect tobacco advertising and trademark diversification (TMD) in Malaysia, a nation with a reputation for having an abundance of such advertising.
- Direct-to-consumer advertising: physicians' views of its effects on quality of care and the doctor-patient relationshipElizabeth Murray
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College School of Medicine at University College London, United Kingdom
J Am Board Fam Pract 16:513-24. 2003The objective of the study was to determine physicians' views of the effects of Direct-to-Consumer Advertising (DTCA) on health service utilization, quality of care, and the doctor-patient relationship.
- Physicians report on patient encounters involving direct-to-consumer advertisingJoel S Weissman
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) . 2004..Physicians perceived improved communication and education but also thought that direct-to-consumer advertising (DTCA) led patients to seek unnecessary treatments...
- Consumers' reports on the health effects of direct-to-consumer drug advertisingJoel S Weissman
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) . 2003We conducted a national telephone survey about health care experiences associated with direct-to-consumer advertising (DTCA) of prescription drugs...
- The relationship between exposure to alcohol advertising in stores, owning alcohol promotional items, and adolescent alcohol useShannon Q Hurtz
Stanford Prevention Research Center, Stanford University School of Medicine 211 Quarry Road, N229 Stanford, CA 94305 5705, USA
Alcohol Alcohol 42:143-9. 2007This paper describes adolescents' exposure to alcohol advertising in stores and to alcohol-branded promotional items and their association with self-reported drinking.
- Direct to consumer advertising in pharmaceutical marketsKurt R Brekke
Department of Economics, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, Helleveien 30, N 5045, Bergen, Norway
J Health Econ 25:102-30. 2006We study effects of direct-to-consumer advertising (DTCA) in the prescription drug market. There are two pharmaceutical firms providing horizontally differentiated (branded) drugs. Patients differ in their susceptibility to the drugs...
- A decade of direct-to-consumer advertising of prescription drugsJulie M Donohue
Department of Health Policy and Management, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
N Engl J Med 357:673-81. 2007Evidence suggests that direct-to-consumer advertising of prescription drugs increases pharmaceutical sales and both helps to avert underuse of medicines and leads to potential overuse...
- Adolescent smoking and exposure to tobacco marketing under a tobacco advertising ban: findings from 2 Norwegian national samplesMarc T Braverman
Department of Human and Community Development, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Am J Public Health 94:1230-8. 2004..We examined the extent to which adolescents in Norway have been exposed to tobacco marketing despite an existing ban, and whether exposure is related to their current smoking or expectations they will smoke in the future...
- Smoking among adolescents in Muenster, Germany: increase in prevalence (1995-2000) and relation to tobacco advertisingWasim Maziak
Institute of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, University of Muenster, Domagkstrasse 3, 48129 Muenster, Germany
Prev Med 36:172-6. 2003..Understanding patterns and trends of smoking among youths is of major importance for the assessment of the burden of smoking in the society and efforts to decrease it...
- The effectiveness of television advertising campaigns on generating calls to a national Quitline by MāoriN Wilson
Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, PO Box 7343, Wellington, New Zealand
Tob Control 14:284-6. 2005..To examine the effectiveness of four mass media campaigns on calls to a national Quitline by Māori (the indigenous people of New Zealand)...
- US regulation of Advertising and promotional materialsMaria Donawa
Donawa Consulting, Rome, Italy
Med Device Technol 17:26-8. 2006..manufacturers do not always properly control the development of new or modified promotional labelling and advertising materials. This lack of control can lead to unexpected regulatory problems...
- The outing of Philip Morris: advertising tobacco to gay menElizabeth A Smith
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Nursing, University of California San Francisco, 94143, USA
Am J Public Health 93:988-93. 2003..This case study describes the events surrounding the first time a major tobacco company advertised in gay media...
- How tobacco companies ensure prime placement of their advertising and products in stores: interviews with retailers about tobacco company incentive programmesE C Feighery
Public Health Institute, Berkeley, California, USA
Tob Control 12:184-8. 2003..A better understanding of how tobacco companies influence the retail environment would help researchers and tobacco control activists to monitor industry presence in stores...
- Trade treaties and alcohol advertising policyEllen Gould
Cedar Isle Research, 803 1340 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Public Health Policy 26:359-76. 2005Restrictions on alcohol advertising are vulnerable to challenge under international trade agreements. As countries negotiate new trade treaties and expand the scope of existing ones, the risk of such a challenge increases...
- Anti-tobacco television advertising and indicators of smoking cessation in adults: a cohort studyA Hyland
Department of Health Behavior, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm arlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Health Educ Res 21:348-54. 2006The objective of this study was to assess the relationship between exposure to state-sponsored anti-tobacco advertising and smoking cessation...
- How does direct-to-consumer advertising (DTCA) affect prescribing? A survey in primary care environments with and without legal DTCABarbara Mintzes
Centre for Health Services and Policy Research, and the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
CMAJ 169:405-12. 2003Direct-to-consumer advertising (DTCA) of prescription drugs has increased rapidly in the United States during the last decade, yet little is known about its effects on prescribing decisions in primary care...
- Alcohol counter-advertising and the media. A review of recent researchGina Agostinelli
Prevention Research Center, Berkeley, California, USA
Alcohol Res Health 26:15-21. 2002Counter-advertising commonly is used to balance the effects that alcohol advertising may have on alcohol consumption and alcohol-related problems. Such measures can take the form of print or broadcast advertisements (e.g...
- Children, adolescents, and advertisingVictor C Strasburger
Pediatrics 118:2563-9. 2006b>Advertising is a pervasive influence on children and adolescents. Young people view more than 40,000 ads per year on television alone and increasingly are being exposed to advertising on the Internet, in magazines, and in schools...
- Direct to consumer advertising in healthcare: history, benefits, and concernsSanjo Adeoye
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 457:96-104. 2007..As a result, there has been tremendous growth of direct-to-consumer advertising (DTCA), illustrated by the increase in spending on DTCA related to prescription drugs from an estimated $55 ..
- Alcohol advertising and adolescentsVictor C Strasburger
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics ACC 3, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5311, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 49:353-76, vii. 2002..In addition, television shows, movies, and music videos contain considerable amounts of alcohol use. This article will discuss the available research and offers suggestions to make the media healthier for teenagers...
- Exposure to food advertising on television among US childrenLisa M Powell
Institute for Health Research and Policy, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1747 W Roosevelt Ave, Room 558, Mail Code 275, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:553-60. 2007To examine exposure to food advertising on television (TV) among children aged 2 through 11 years.
- Alcohol advertising exposure and perceptions: links with alcohol expectancies and intentions to drink or drinking in underaged youth and young adultsKenneth Fleming
Center for Advance Social Research, School of Journalism, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri, USA
J Health Commun 9:3-29. 2004This study tests whether the impact of alcohol advertising exposure on intentions to drink and actual consumption is mediated by cognitive responses to advertising messages and positive expectancies about alcohol use...
- Assessing controversial direct-to-consumer advertising for hereditary breast cancer testing: reactions from women and their physicians in a managed care organizationJudy Mouchawar
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, 580 Mohawk Drive, Boulder, CO 80303, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:601-8. 2005To describe the impact on patients and physicians at a managed care organization (MCO) of a direct-to-consumer advertising (DTC-ad) campaign concerning testing for the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes.
- Informational content of official pharmaceutical industry web sites about treatments for erectile dysfunctionKatherine E Waack
College of Pharmacy, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 38:2029-34. 2004..In traditional direct-to-consumer advertisements, viewers are often referred to a pharmaceutical company Web site for further information...
- Creating demand for prescription drugs: a content analysis of television direct-to-consumer advertisingDominick L Frosch
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1736, USA
Ann Fam Med 5:6-13. 2007..This information is important, because ads may not meet their educational potential, possibly prompting consumers to request prescriptions that are clinically inappropriate or more expensive than equally effective alternatives...
- Operation storefront Hawaii: tobacco advertising and promotion in Hawaii storesKaren Glanz
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Emory Prevention Research Center, Rollins School of Public Health of Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Health Commun 11:699-707. 2006Our objective was to explore the nature and location of tobacco product advertising and promotion in retail stores in Hawaii...
- Direct-to-consumer advertising of pharmaceuticalsZiad F Gellad
Division of Gastroenterology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Med 120:475-80. 2007Since the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released new guidelines on broadcast direct-to-consumer advertising in 1997, the prevalence of direct-to-consumer advertising of prescription drugs has increased exponentially...
- Early adolescent exposure to alcohol advertising and its relationship to underage drinkingRebecca L Collins
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, California 90407 2138, USA
J Adolesc Health 40:527-34. 2007..Recent studies suggest that exposure to alcohol ads has a limited influence on drinking in mid-adolescence. Early adolescents may be more vulnerable to alcohol advertising effects.
- R.J. Reynolds' targeting of African Americans: 1988-2000Edith D Balbach
Community Health Program, Tufts University, 112 Packard Avenue, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Am J Public Health 93:822-7. 2003..The purpose of this study was to describe RJ Reynolds (RJR) Tobacco Company's strategy for targeting African Americans, as revealed in tobacco industry documents and magazine advertisements...
- The educational potential of direct-to-consumer prescription drug advertisingKimberly A Kaphingst
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 23:143-50. 2004Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations for direct-to-consumer (DTC) prescription drug advertising allow broadcast advertisements with incomplete risk information if the ads refer consumers to physicians, pharmacists, and ..
- Coverage of breast cancer in the Australian print media--does advertising and editorial coverage reflect correct social marketing messages?Sandra C Jones
Health and Productivity Research Centre, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, Australia
J Health Commun 9:309-25. 2004....
- Banning all drug promotion is the best option pending major reformsPeter R Mansfield
Department of General Practice, University of Adelaide, Australia
J Bioeth Inq 2:75-81. 2005..Consequently, pending major reforms, it is appropriate for governments to restrict drug promotion as much as is politically achievable...
- Antibiotic drug advertising in medical journalsJacob Gilad
The Centre for the Study of European Politics and Society, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Scand J Infect Dis 37:910-2. 2005b>Advertising is a leading strategy for drug promotion. We analysed 779 advertisements in 24 medical journals, 25% of which featured antibiotics. Antibiotic advertisements showed differences compared to those of other drugs...
- Antismoking television advertising and socioeconomic variations in calls to QuitlineMohammad Siahpush
Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer, The Cancer Council Victoria, 100 Drummond Street, Carlton 3053 Victoria, Australia
J Epidemiol Community Health 61:298-301. 2007To assess the socioeconomic variations in call rates to the Quitline (Victoria, Australia) and in the impact of anti-tobacco television advertising on call rates.
- Industry guidelines, laws and regulations ignored: quality of drug advertising in medical journalsKari S Lankinen
ROHTO Programme, Finnish Medical Society Duodecim, P O Box 713, FI 00101 Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 13:789-95. 2004..To document the quality of evidence base for marketing claims in prescription drug advertisements, to facilitate identification of potential targets for quality improvement...
- The 2007 ABJS Marshall Urist Award: The impact of direct-to-consumer advertising in orthopaedicsKevin J Bozic
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California San Francisco, CA 94143 0728, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 458:202-19. 2007Direct-to-consumer advertising (DTCA) has become an influential factor in healthcare delivery in the United States...
- Effects of direct-to-consumer advertising of hydroxymethylglutaryl coenzyme a reductase inhibitors on attainment of LDL-C goalsW David Bradford
Center for Health Economic and Policy Studies, Department of Health Administration and Policy, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Clin Ther 28:2105-18; discussion 2104. 2006Although highly controversial, directto-consumer (DTC) television advertising for prescription drugs is an established practice in the US health care industry...
- Tobacco advertising in communities: associations with race and classElizabeth M Barbeau
Center for Community Based Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Prev Med 40:16-22. 2005..Because of this disparity, the National Cancer Institute has called for studies of targeted tobacco marketing to clarify mechanisms contributing to higher tobacco use among low-income Americans and other high-risk populations...
- Interacting effects of depression and tobacco advertising receptivity on adolescent smokingKenneth P Tercyak
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia 20007 4104, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 27:145-54. 2002To evaluate the independent effects of exposure to others who smoke and receptivity to tobacco advertising on adolescent smoking practices and the moderating influence of depression on these relationships.
- Impact of direct-to-consumer advertising for hereditary breast cancer testing on genetic services at a managed care organization: a naturally-occurring experimentJudy Mouchawar
Kaiser Permanente Clinical Research Unit, Denver, Colorado, USA
Genet Med 7:191-7. 2005To describe the impact of Myriad Genetics, Inc.'s direct-to-consumer advertising (DTC-ad) campaign on cancer genetic services within two Managed Care Organizations, Kaiser Permanente Colorado (KPCO), Denver, Colorado, where the ad ..
- Effects of antismoking advertising--based beliefs on adult smokers' consideration of quittingRichard G Netemeyer
McIntire School of Commerce, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 29204, USA
Am J Public Health 95:1062-6. 2005We examined whether specific antismoking advertising-based beliefs regarding the addictiveness of smoking, the dangers of environmental tobacco smoke, and the tobacco industry's use of deceptive advertising practices are associated with ..
- Food advertising on Australian television: the extent of children's exposureLeonie Neville
NSW Public Health Training and Development Branch, NSW Department of Health, LMB 961, North Sydney, NSW 2059, Australia
Health Promot Int 20:105-12. 2005The objective of this study was to investigate the extent and nature of food advertising during Australian children's television (TV) viewing hours and programs, and to determine whether confectionery and fast food restaurant ..
- Televised state-sponsored antitobacco advertising and youth smoking beliefs and behavior in the United States, 1999-2000Sherry Emery
Institute for Health Research and Policy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago 60608 1264, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:639-45. 2005..Recent state budget crises have dramatically reduced funding for state-sponsored antitobacco media campaigns. If campaigns are associated with reduced smoking, such cuts could result in long-term increases in state health care costs...
- Food advertising in the age of obesity: content analysis of food advertising on general market and african american televisionVani R Henderson
Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 37:191-6. 2005..To document the types of foods advertised and weight-related nutritional claims made during advertisements appearing on general market and African American television programming...
- Evidence of a possible link between obesogenic food advertising and child overweightT Lobstein
International Obesity TaskForce, London, UK
Obes Rev 6:203-8. 2005A recent review of the literature concluded that advertising of foods on television may influence children's food choices and encourage unhealthy diets, but the review acknowledged there was a lack of clear evidence in coming to this ..
- Costs and benefits of direct-to-consumer advertising: the case of depressionAdam E Block
Harvard PhD Program in Health Policy, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 25:511-21. 2007Direct-to-consumer advertising (DTCA) is legal in the US and New Zealand, but illegal in the rest of the world. Little or no research exists on the social welfare implications of DTCA.
- Advertising, patient decision making, and self-referral for computed tomographic and magnetic resonance imagingJudy Illes
Stanford Center for Biomedical Ethics, Program in Human Biology, and Department of Radiology, Stanford University, Stanford, Calif, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:2415-9. 2004..Most aspects of these services are unregulated, and little is known about the messages in advertising used to attract potential consumers...
- Benefits and harms of direct to consumer advertising: a systematic reviewS Gilbody
Department of Health Sciences, Seebohm Rowntree Building, Alcuin College, University of York YO10 5DD
Qual Saf Health Care 14:246-50. 2005Direct to consumer advertising is increasingly used by the pharmaceutical industry, but its benefits and harms have yet to be summarised in a comprehensive and rigorous manner.
- Health disparities and advertising content of women's magazines: a cross-sectional studySusan C Duerksen
Rebecca and John Moores UCSD Cancer Center, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093 0658, USA
BMC Public Health 5:85. 2005..This study evaluated whether variations exist in health-related advertisements and health promotion cues among lay magazines catering to Hispanic, African American and Caucasian women...
- Alcohol advertising and youth: a measured approachDavid H Jernigan
Center on Alcohol Marketing and Youth, Georgetown University, Box 571444, 3300 Whitehaven Street, NW, Suite 5000, Washington, DC 20057 1485, USA
J Public Health Policy 26:312-25. 2005Where alcohol industry self-regulation is the primary protection against youth exposure to alcohol advertising, independent, systematic monitoring of youth exposure can promote public awareness of and greater accountability in the ..
- "The world's most hostile environment": how the tobacco industry circumvented Singapore's advertising banM Assunta
School of Public Health, Room 129A, Edward Ford Building A27, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006 Australia
Tob Control 13:ii51-7. 2004....
- Consumers' attitudes and behavior toward prescription drug advertisingNithima Sumpradit
University of Michigan, Department of Administrative and Social Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Health Behav 26:68-75. 2002To explore how consumers' characteristics interact with direct-to-consumer advertising (DTCA) to influence 2 behaviors: information seeking and asking for prescription.
- Impact of cigarette advertising on smoking behaviour in Spanish adolescents as measured using recognition of billboard advertisingM Luisa López
University of Oviedo, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Preventive Medicine, Spain
Eur J Public Health 14:428-32. 2004Cross-sectional studies provide empirical support for associations between advertising and adolescent smoking...
- Cigarette advertising in magazines for Latinas, White women, and men, 1998--2002: a preliminary investigationSenaida Fernandez
Behavioral Health Institute and the Department of Psychology at San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
J Community Health 30:141-51. 2005..Results are discussed in terms of the need for further research on tobacco ads directed at women...
- Tobacco sponsorship of Formula One and CART auto racing: tobacco brand exposure and enhanced symbolic imagery through co-sponsors' third party advertisingT Dewhirst
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tob Control 11:146-50. 2002Through third party advertising of events such as Formula One and CART auto racing, tobacco brand names continue to attain visibility to a vast audience.
- Methodological challenges surrounding direct-to-consumer advertising research--the measurement conundrumRichard A Hansen
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Division of Pharmaceutical Policy and Evaluative Sciences, CB 7360 205M Beard Hall, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 1:331-47. 2005Numerous studies have focused on the impact of direct-to-consumer (DTC) prescription drug advertising on consumer behavior and health outcomes...
- Association of point-of-purchase tobacco advertising and promotions with choice of usual brand among teenage smokersMelanie A Wakefield
Center for Behavioral Research in Cancer, Cancer Control Research Instiute, The Cancer Council Victoria, Carlton, Australia
J Health Commun 7:113-21. 2002The objective is to determine the relationship between brand-specific advertising and promotions in convenience stores for Marlboro and Camel cigarettes and choice of usual brand among school students...
- Smoking in film in New Zealand: measuring risk exposureJesse Gale
Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Otago, PO Box 7343, Wellington South, New Zealand
BMC Public Health 6:243. 2006..This study aimed to quantify exposure to smoking in film received by New Zealand audiences, and evaluate potential interventions to reduce the quantity and impact of this exposure...
- Increased introduction, advertising, and sales of preventive drugs during 1986-2002 in SwedenJ Lars G Nilsson
NEPI Foundation, Stockholm, Sweden
J Ambul Care Manage 29:238-49. 2006..Pharmaceutical companies have shifted their attention to the introduction, advertising, and sales of preventive drugs in an attempt to exploit preventive medicine...
- Tobacco advertising in the United States: a proposal for a constitutionally acceptable form of regulationRonald Bayer
Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 722 W 168th St, Ninth Floor, New York, NY 10032, USA
JAMA 287:2990-5. 2002..v Reilly is the latest in a series of Supreme Court cases striking down public health regulation of advertising as a violation of the First Amendment...
- Limitations of direct-to-consumer advertising for clinical genetic testingSarah E Gollust
Medical Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute and Department of Clinical Bioethics, Warren G Magnuson Clincal Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
JAMA 288:1762-7. 2002..b>Advertising motivated by factors other than evidence of the clinical value of genetic tests can manipulate consumers' ..
- Predictors of beer advertising awareness among eighth gradersRebecca L Collins
RAND, Santa Monica, CA 90407 2138, USA
Addiction 98:1297-306. 2003To identify correlates of beer advertising awareness among adolescents at an age when most initiate use of alcohol.
- What nurse practitioners should know about direct-to-consumer advertising of prescription medicationsPamela Hallquist Viale
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, San Jose, California, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 15:297-304. 2003To describe the marketing strategies of direct-to-consumer (DTC) advertising and the risks, benefits, and potential influence on the prescribing practices of nurse practitioners (NPs).
- Longitudinal effects of pro-tobacco and anti-tobacco messages on adolescent smoking susceptibilityJie Wu Weiss
Division of Kinesiology and Health Science, California State University, Fullerton, CA 92834, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 8:455-65. 2006..Our longitudinal study provides evidence that pro-tobacco media and advertising increases susceptibility to smoking over time...
- Internet advertising of artificial tanning in AustraliaVictoria Team
Key Centre for Women s Health in Society, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Eur J Cancer Prev 15:371-6. 2006....
- The availability of references and the sponsorship of original research cited in pharmaceutical advertisementsRichelle J Cooper
UCLA Emergency Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Calif 90024, USA
CMAJ 172:487-91. 2005..We sought to determine what materials are cited in support of claims in pharmaceutical ads and medical research articles, and whether health care professionals seeking to verify the claims could obtain these references...
- Statin modulation of immunotherapy for Alzheimer diseaseJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2012..This will be tested by comparing behavior and brain health in several mouse groups including: A( vaccinated (alone) and those treated with lovastatin plus A( vaccination. ..
- Retinoid Metabolism and Alcohol Induced DiseaseWilliam S Blaner; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are proposing studies that will provide a more complete understanding of relationships between alcohol consumption, vitamin A metabolism and actions, and alcoholic organ damage. ..
- VitC to Decrease Effects of Smoking in Pregnancy on Infant Lung Function-CCC-LeadCYNTHIA T MCEVOY; Fiscal Year: 2013..addictive nature, the underserved socio-economic nature of the patient population, and the constant advertising by tobacco companies, smoking during pregnancy will continue to adversely victimize millions of babies ..
- Tobacco Control Research Branch Scientific and Technical Services SupportKOURTNEY MARSHALL; Fiscal Year: 2009..and treatment interventions; 4) Tobacco policies, including taxation and pricing, clean indoor air policies, advertising and marketing restrictions, youth access restrictions and tobacco product and nicotine regulation; 5) Basic ..
- Role of CD44 in experimental Multiple SclerosisMitzi Nagarkatti; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- INTERNET ENHANCED HEALTH PROMOTION FOR OBESE ETHNIC MINORITY ADOLESCENTSJessica A Whiteley; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- CPG METHYLATION AND MUTATIONGerd P Pfeifer; Fiscal Year: 2013..In parallel, we will study molecular pathways involving the Polycomb repression complex that might operate during tumor progression to promote hypermethylation of CpG islands in malignant tissue. ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHERMAN ALFRED TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYASOKA S SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHERMAN ALFRED TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYAsoka Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHerman Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYASOKA S SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- P38 MAP KINASE SIGNALING IN SKINTatiana Efimova; Fiscal Year: 2013..We are optimistic that the completion of the proposed studies will result in a better mechanistic understanding of the p384 role in epithelial carcinogenesis and its potential as an anti-cancer therapeutic target. ..
- PS11-003 Minority AIDS Research InitiativeBRIDGETTE MERCEDEZ BRAWNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Given that adolescent health is imperative to public health, the proposed research is timely, innovative and bears great significance. ..
- MECHANISMS OF FGF RECEPTOR REGULATION AND SIGNALINGMoosa Mohammadi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since substrate recruitment and phosphorylation by RTKs is a general event in RTK signaling, the mechanistic insights gained under Aim IV will also be directly applicable to the entire RTK superfamily. ..
- VitC to Decrease Effects of Smoking in Pregnancy on Infant Lung Function-DCCCynthia D Morris; Fiscal Year: 2013..addictive nature, the underserved socio-economic nature of the patient population, and the constant advertising by tobacco companies, smoking during pregnancy will continue to adversely victimize millions of babies ..
- Exploratory Studies on the Anti-Breast Cancer Function of Bamboo ExtractJun Panee; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge obtained from these studies will guide the application of this abundant and sustainable natural resource in chemoprevention of breast cancer, the most prevalent cancer among women in the United States. ..
- Addressing Psychosocial Disparities in Rural Hispanic Cancer SurvivorsRachel M Ceballos; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Stat3 in Breast Cancer TumorigenesisJacqueline F Bromberg; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Roles of RhoA/Rho-kinase Signaling in Cavernous Neurons Following Axonal InjuryTRINITY JUDE BIVALACQUA; Fiscal Year: 2013..I hope to one day mentor other young surgeon/scientist and provide them with the means and opportunity that my department and K08 funding will afford me. ..
- Metabolic impact of fructose restriction in obese childrenJean Marc Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2013..and the Food Pyramid;3) public health efforts regarding prevention and treatment of obesity, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome around the world;and 4) the regulation of food industry claims and food advertising.
- Development of Montelukast Delivery System for Childhood AsthmaJe Phil Ryoo; Fiscal Year: 2013..Upon completion of the PK and irritation studies, we will file IND to initiate the phase I clinical trial to prove safety and detrmine best dose for NAL6336 ODF. ..
- Endocrine Targets for Prevention of Lung CancerRobert M Bigsby; Fiscal Year: 2012..These minimal studies will pave the way for testing receptor specific estrogen antagonists and additional PR-specific antagonists in prevention of tumor growth and progression in the lung. ..
- A XENOPUS LAEVIS RESEARCH RESOURCE FOR IMMUNOBIOLOGYJacques Robert; Fiscal Year: 2013..laevis;and by disseminating information, advertising and interacting with the scientific community through a web site...
- Epigenetic Regulation Of Sex-dependent Liver CancerArlin B Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies are the first to define epigenetic modifiers of liver sexual differentiation, and to interrogate a novel mechanism of gender-specific tumor promotion predicated on chromatin sensitivity to inflammation. ..
- Therapeutic use of small-molecule HGF-mimetic for emphysemaBERT J W M OEHLEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will provide a basis for potential further development of BB3 as a therapeutic for emphysema. ..
- Interactions Between Depression, Neuroinflammation and Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3Eleonore Beurel; Fiscal Year: 2011..The goals are to clarify potential causative mechanisms and discern how these are altered by therapeutic interventions with the aim of developing better therapeutic interventions for mood disorders. ..
- TNF-Mediated Tumor Promotion: The Role of Vascular LeukocytesPampee P Young; Fiscal Year: 2011..Cancer continues to be a pervasive and prevalent health problem among our aging Veterans and critical to the biomedical research mission of the Veterans Affairs. ..
- Prostate cancer prevention by selenium supplementationRayudu Gopalakrishna; Fiscal Year: 2012..Some cases it works and in other cases it fails to prevent cancer. Understanding the mechanisms by which it prevents cancer or causes toxicity will allow us to optimize its use as a safe cancer-preventive agent. ..
- Expression signatures of TB-specific memory responses within the human lungRichard F Silver; Fiscal Year: 2013..tuberculosis antigens enhance containment of the organism in both Mtb-infected and BCG-vaccinated individuals. ..
- Mechanisms of cancer initiation by TRIM32Molly F Kulesz-Martin; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- DNA Repair of Endogenous Lesions in CarcinogenesisRabindra Roy; Fiscal Year: 2010..In summary, the data obtained by this project will be useful in elucidating the role of the endogenous DNA damage (oxidized bases and cyclic DNA adducts), and their repair in mutation and liver carcinogenesis. ..
- Probiotic-Induced Elimination of Oxalate to treat HyperoxaluriaMarguerite Hatch; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Analysis of Pericentric Sister Chromatid CohesionPAUL CONNOR MEGEE; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Chemoprevention of Tamoxifen-induced Endometrial cancer by black cohosh and red cBIRGIT MARIA DIETZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that red clover and black cohosh, both frequently used for the alleviation of menopausal symptoms, will reduce tamoxifen-induced endometrial cancer due to their cancer chemopreventive properties. ..
- Functional significance of Siglec-6, a novel leptin receptor, in human placentalVirginia Winn; Fiscal Year: 2013..For the baby, PE can cause growth failure or stillbirth. Those babies that do survive have an increased risk of disorders as adults including diabetes and heart disease. ..
- Prevention of EtOH-induced promotion of hepatocarcinogenesis by genistein/soyMartin J J Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Bangladesh Centre for Global Environmental and Occupational HealthDewan Shamsul Alam; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- TNF Alpha in PKC Epsilon Signaling to CarcinogenesisAjit K Verma; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aim #3: To define the mechanism, using gene-silencing techniques, by which PKC5 signals UVR-induced TNF1 and G-CSF gene expression. ..
- MAMMALIAN POLYAMINE METABOLISMDavid J Feith; Fiscal Year: 2013..The successful completion of these studies will lead to a more complete understanding of polyamine function in epithelial carcinogenesis and will enhance future development of polyamine-targeted therapies to prevent and treat cancer. ..
- Small Oligonucleotides As Therapeutic Agents Of Spinal Muscular AtrophyRavindra N Singh; Fiscal Year: 2012..The success of this proposal will provide a mechanism-based and target- specific drug for the treatment of SMA. ) ..
- Mechanisms of Cell Death after Photodynamic TherapyAnna Liisa Nieminen; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will enhance our understanding how to enhance PDT-induced killing of cancer cells and further increase the efficacy of PDT translation to the benefit for cancer patients. ..
- A Mindfulness-Based Approach to the Treatment of Obesity and DiabetesCarla K Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings from this study will enable educators and clinicians to develop more effective education programs for adults with diabetes in both clinical and community settings. ..
- (PQA1) Mechanism of Vitamin D Chemoprevention Against Colon CancerYan Chun Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will greatly advance our understanding of chemopreventive mechanisms of VD against colon cancer. ..
- Self-Determination Theory and Lifestyle Behaviors in Barrett's Esophagus PatientsHODA J BADR; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, the proposed project involves a relatively small investment that could yield great progress in understanding the health promotion needs of this understudied population. ..
- Lycopene Chemoprevention of Lung Cancer in FerretXiang Dong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the establishment of a lung carcinogenesis model in ferrets provides a valuable tool for both lung cancer and carotenoid research fields. ..
- Calcium-sensing receptor signaling in the regulation of colonic epithelial cellsJUAN ENRIQUE ROZENGURT; Fiscal Year: 2012..The completion of the proposed studies will provide a robust intellectual framework for targeting the colonic CaSR in the chemoprevention of CRC in US veterans as well as in the US population at large. ..
- THE FUNCTION AND REGULATION OF HISTIDINE DECARBOXYLASE IN GUT INFLAMMATIONTIMOTHY CRAGIN WANG; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Biomedical Computing Support of Cancer Control and SurveillanceDAVID RONEY; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Induction of Nerve Growth Factor by Nicotine Leads to Airway DysfunctionCHERRY P WONGTRAKOOL; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Clinical Study of Disposition and Biological Activity of d-LimoneneH H Sherry Chow; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will help evaluate the potentials of developing limonene as a breast cancer preventive agent. ..
- Academic-Community Partnerships to Brdge Across the U.S. Pacific IslandsAlice Tse; Fiscal Year: 2012..The project work will be accomplished through training programs &meetings to be conducted in the USAPI jurisdictions, and culminate in a CBPR grant proposal for the USAPI. ..
- VCU Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's HealthJerome F Strauss; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Targeting Sirtuin-1 to enhance Foxp3+ regulatory T-cell functionUlf Beier; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, it is important to learn more about the role of Sirtuin-1 in the immune system, as many investigators pursue Sirtuin-1 enhancement (diabetes mellitus, metabolic syndrome), or Sirtuin-1 suppression (certain cancers). ..
- Oocyte-derived R-spondin2 as a Follicle Stimulating HormoneAARON JW HSUEH; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will be followed by the derivation of healthy pups as the basis for future clinical application using R-spondin2 to treat infertile patients with low FSH responses. ..
- CBPR on Active Living and Recovery for Racial/Ethnic Groups with Mental IllnessYoshitaka Iwasaki; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Community-Academic Partnership: Building an Infrastructure to Improve Health forBeth A Marks; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Childhood Illness and Risk Perception: Opportunity to Improve HandwashingPavani Kalluri Ram; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from this study will be useful for international and civil society organizations worldwide that are trying to reduce the two million deaths from diarrhea occurring each year. ..
- Oral Health Promotion During Prenancy in a Group Prenatal Care ModelSALLY HENDERSON ADAMS; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Promoting Oral Health Among Tobacco Users: A Pilot Feasibility StudyJENNIFER B MC CLURE; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will lay the groundwork for a future randomized clinical trial in this area. ..
- UMB/DFHCC Comprehensive Cancer Partnership ProgramKaren Emmons; Fiscal Year: 2009..3.1 To estimate whether the greatest longer-term improvements (at 96 weeks) in diet, PA, and weight loss/maintenance are found among eSolutions-Plus participants receiving monthly telephone support calls (after week 12 of the protocol). ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF ASPIRIN IN CANCER PREVENTIONZigang Dong; Fiscal Year: 2001..Furthermore, we will test whether the same dosage of aspirin that inhibits tumor promoter-induced AP-1 activity also inhibits tumor promotion in the transgenic mice. ..
- Economic Analysis of the Impact of Food AdvertisementsJohn Cawley; Fiscal Year: 2007..S. has reached epidemic proportions, which some researchers partly attribute to advertising by the food industry...
- ALCOHOL ADVERTISING AND HIGHWAY FATALITY RATESHenry Saffer; Fiscal Year: 1991The specific aims of this project are to investigate empirically the effect that alcohol advertising has on drunk driving...
- GENETICS OF SUSCEPTIBILITY TO SKIN TUMOR PROMOTIONJohn DiGiovanni; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- GENISTEIN IN INVESTIGATIVE AND CLINICAL DERMATOLOGYHuachen Wei; Fiscal Year: 2005..Successful completion of the proposed studies will contribute to development of this soybean isoflavone as a preventive and/or therapeutic agent against human skin cancer and photodamage. ..