anniversaries and special events
Summary: Occasions to commemorate an event or occasions designated for a specific purpose.
Publications236 found, 100 shown here
- Efficacy of critical incident monitoring for evaluating disaster medical readiness and response during the Sydney 2000 Olympic GamesArthas Flabouris
Disaster Medical Response Teams, New South Wales NSW Health, Liverpool BC, New South Wales, Australia
Prehosp Disaster Med 19:164-8. 2004..This renders audit and quality improvement of the medical responses difficult. Quality tools and use of such tools for improvement is necessary to ensure that the design of medical systems facilitates the best possible response to MCI...
- Algorithm for statistical detection of peaks--syndromic surveillance system for the Athens 2004 Olympic GamesUrania G Dafni
Division of Public Health, Department of Nursing, University of Athens, 123 Papadiamantopoulou St, Athens 11527, Greece
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 53:86-94. 2004..No generally accepted procedure exists for detecting outbreaks in syndromic time series used in the surveillance of natural epidemics or biologic attacks...
- The Olympic and Paralympic Games 2012: literature review of the logistical planning and operational challenges for public healthK E Enock
Public Health Action Support Unit, Dept of Pirmary Care and Social Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, 3rd Floor, Reynolds Building, St Dunstan s Road, London, W6 8RP
Public Health 122:1229-38. 2008....
- Persistence of W135 Neisseria meningitidis carriage in returning Hajj pilgrims: risk for early and late transmission to household contactsAnnelies Wilder-Smith
Head, Travellers Health and Vaccination Centre, Department of Infectious Diseases, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore
Emerg Infect Dis 9:123-6. 2003..Transmission to 8% of their unvaccinated household contacts occurred within the first few weeks, but no late transmission took place. Public health interventions are needed to protect household contacts...
- Watching the Games: public health surveillance for the Sydney 2000 Olympic GamesL R Jorm
Epidemiology and Surveillance Branch, New South Wales Health Department, Australia
J Epidemiol Community Health 57:102-8. 2003..To describe the development of the public health surveillance system for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games; document its major findings; and discuss the implications for public health surveillance for future events...
- Surveillance of drug use among young people attending a music festival in Australia, 2005-2008Megan S C Lim
Centre for Population Health, Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Melbourne, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 29:150-6. 2010..In order to monitor trends in illicit drug use among youth, surveillance of drug use behaviours among a variety of populations in different settings is required. We monitored drug use among music festival attendees...
- Enhanced surveillance of infectious diseases : the 2006 FIFA World Cup experience, GermanyK Schenkel
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Robert Koch Institut, Berlin, Germany
Euro Surveill 11:234-8. 2006..We recommend continuing daily notification data transmission for routine infectious disease surveillance in Germany...
- FIFA World Cup 2006 in Germany: enhanced surveillance improved timeliness and detectionC J Williams
Department for Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Epidemiol Infect 137:597-605. 2009..Daily reporting improved timeliness, and supplementary reporting improved relevant event detection. Enhancing existing systems, without the addition of syndromic surveillance, can be an effective approach to mass-event surveillance...
- Public health response for the 1996 Olympic GamesP Meehan
Division of Public Health, Georgia Department of Human Resources, USA
JAMA 279:1469-73. 1998..Public health agencies should take the lead in organizing and implementing a system for preventing and managing public health issues at future large-scale public events such as the Olympics...
- Methodological aspects of a GIS-based environmental health inspection program used in the Athens 2004 Olympic and Para Olympic GamesChristos Hadjichristodoulou
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece
BMC Public Health 5:93. 2005..In this study, GIS technology was used to help county departments of Public Health to implement environmental health surveillance for the Athens 2004 Olympic and Para Olympic Games...
- Mass gathering preparedness: the experience of the Athens 2004 Olympic and Para-Olympic GamesChristos Hadjichristodoulou
Medical School, University of Thessaly, Larisa, Greece
J Environ Health 67:52-7. 2005..The Olympic Games are a difficult assignment that demands extensive planning, appropriate resources, and timely reporting and coordination among the various public health agencies...
- A living monumentAlden Solovy
Hosp Health Netw 80:30, 4. 2006..11 terrorist attacks.And its been one year since two hurricanes ripped through the Gulf Coast. How can you remember the heroes who gave so much of themselves during those tragic events? By being one. Every day...
- The development of conceptual models for mass-gathering healthPaul Arbon
St John Ambulance Australia
Prehosp Disaster Med 19:208-12. 2004..A new element, the latent potential for injury and illness, is introduced as a mechanism for describing a biomedical precursor state important in assessing health risk during mass gatherings...
- Pediatric emergency preparedness for mass gatherings and special eventsLisa M Bernardo
University of Pittsburgh, School of Nursing, Pennsylvania, USA
Disaster Manag Response 2:118-22. 2004
- Regional anesthesia and pain medicine after 30 years: A historical perspectiveJoseph M Neal
Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 31:575-81. 2006..What began as a 10-page, industry-sponsored bulletin has evolved into a major anesthesiology and pain journal. This history article chronicles the journal's growth and development over 3 decades...
- Management of environmental health issues for the 2004 Athens Olympic Games: is enhanced integrated environmental health surveillance needed in every day routine operation?Christos Hadjichristodoulou
University of Thessaly, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Larissa, Greece
BMC Public Health 6:306. 2006..The potential for permanent implementation of the program was examined...
- PPE-volutionMarc Barrera
Occup Health Saf 76:50-4, 56, 58. 2007
- A history of OH&SRonnie Rittenberry
Occup Health Saf 76:60, 62-9. 2007
- 1932-2007: our 75th anniversary yearHenry F Smith
Psychoanal Q 76:1-7. 2007
- Epidemiologic surveillance system implemented in the Hautes-Alpes District, France, during the Winter Olympic Games, Torino 2006F Franke
Cellule inter régionale d épidémiologie Sud, Marseille, France
Euro Surveill 11:239-42. 2006..This surveillance, structured around routine and ad-hoc systems, allowed the establishment of the foundations of a network to be used in case of outbreak or environmental pollution...
- The perspective of syndromic surveillance systems on public health threats: a paradigm of the Athens 2004 Olympic GamesDemosthenes B Panagiotakos
Harokopio University, Athens, Greece
J R Soc Promot Health 127:111-2. 2007
- Utah healthcare system watches over Olympians and spectatorsTom Rees
Profiles Healthc Mark 18:1, 4-5, 3. 2002..In addition, about 1,000 IHC employees applied to be general volunteers during the games...
- Treatment and prevention of pediatric heat-related illnesses at mass gatherings and special eventsLisa Marie Bernardo
Department of Health and Community Systems at the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing, PA, USA
Dimens Crit Care Nurs 25:165-71. 2006..This article describes the pathophysiology of heat-related illnesses and their recognition and treatment at mass gatherings and special events. Interventions to prevent heat-related illnesses at these events are discussed...
- Half-a-million strong: the emergency medical services response to a single-day, mass-gathering eventMichael J Feldman
Division of Prehospital Care, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Prehosp Disaster Med 19:287-96. 2004..Objective: This report describes the EMS response to the largest single-day, ticketed concert held in North America: the 2003 "Toronto Rocks!" Rolling Stones Concert...
- An introduction to 75 years of the Research Quarterly for Exercise and SportStephen Silverman
Department of Biobehavioral Sciences, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027 6696, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 76:S1-4. 2005..In the second part of the paper, I discuss how the editorial process has changed and the many people who participate in the review process and help to publish the journal. RQES has continued to produce high-quality research for 75 years...
- The party's over. Amid Medicare birthday, talk on quality gets seriousTony Fong
Mod Healthc 35:10-1. 2005
- Modern perspective. Medicare milestone offers perfect time to regroupRichard Davidson
American Hospital Association, USA
Mod Healthc 35:34. 2005
- Learning from history. Old adage about not repeating past mistakes actually holds some wisdomNeil McLaughlin
Mod Healthc 35:20. 2005
- Assessing four decades of Medicare, MedicaidTony Fong
Mod Healthc 35:6-7, 24, 42, 1. 2005..A look at the past, present and possible future of these important programs begins on Page 6...
- A centennial salute to the American Society of AnesthesiologistsBradley E Smith
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 4245, USA
Tenn Med 98:489-91. 2005
- The good news: it's our 60th birthday. The bad news: a giant, geriatric tsunami!Fredrick T Sherman
Geriatrics 61:10-1. 2006
- The epidemiology of illness and injury at the alpine venues during the Salt Lake City 2002 Winter Olympic GamesTodd L Allen
Department of Emergency Medicine, LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah 84143, USA
J Emerg Med 30:197-202. 2006..Nevertheless, we recommend full on-site physician and nurse staffing with advanced trauma and cardiac life support available during similar events...
- Nordic venue medical services during the 2002 Winter OlympicsColin K Grissom
Soldier Hollow venue, 2002 Olympics, Soldier Hollow, Utah 84143, USA
J Emerg Med 30:203-10. 2006..The level of services available to both athletes and spectators was more than adequate for the injuries and illnesses encountered...
- On-site physicians at a major sporting event in NigeriaE Oluwabunmi Olapade-Olaopa
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University College Hospital, University of Ibadan, POB 7193
Prehosp Disaster Med 21:40-4. 2006....
- Twenty years of emergency medical services for children--a cause for celebration and a call for actionSteven Krug
Acad Emerg Med 12:345-7. 2005
- The 50th anniversary of the discovery of oxygenasesShozo Yamamoto
Department of Food and Nutrition, Kyoto Women s University Faculty of Home Economics, Kyoto, Japan
IUBMB Life 58:248-50. 2006
- Rich anniversary book honors 'The city that doctors built'Judith D Botvin
Profiles Healthc Mark 21:15-20, 3. 2005..Medical City, Dallas, celebrated its 30th anniversary with a special edition of its internal publication. Called "The City That Doctors Built," the substantial book honors the physicians that people this unique specialty hospital...
- Radiology Management celebrates 25 years of publication excellenceKaren Guy
Radiol Manage 26:34-8. 2004
- Access for all: the rise of the Paralympic GamesJohn R Gold
School of Social Sciences and Law, Oxford Brookes University, Gipsy Lane, Headington, Oxford, OX3 0BP, UK
J R Soc Promot Health 127:133-41. 2007..For the future, however, questions remain as to whether the current arrangements of separate but supposedly equal festivals assist the continuing development of the Paralympics or perpetuate difference...
- Strength in numbers. Medical group practices fill vital niche in U.S. health care systemLisa H Schneck
MGMA Connex 4:34-43, 1. 2004..Echoes of the historical forces shaping group practice remain; modern pressures continue to influence it. Medical group practice has proven a necessary, responsive and adaptable segment of the health care delivery system...
- AAOS 75th anniversary tribute to past presidents : editorial commentRichard A Brand
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:2-4. 2008
- EMS: when it matters most. Spotlight on EMS Week 2003Ann Marie Lindstrom
JEMS 28:36-7. 2003
- The fiftieth anniversary of what appears to be the world's first doctoral degree program in mental retardation: some reminiscences of an early graduateWolf Wolfensberger
Syracuse University Training Institute for Human Service Planning, Leadership and ChangeAgentry, 800 S Wilbur Ave, Suite 3B1, Syracuse, NY 13204, USA
Intellect Dev Disabil 46:64-79. 2008
- Mass-gathering medical care: a review of the literatureAndrew M Milsten
University of Maryland, Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Surgery, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1734, USA
Prehosp Disaster Med 17:151-62. 2002..Many of the variables that affect the level and types of medical needs, have not been fully researched. This review examines these variables...
- Mass gathering events: retrospective analysis of patient presentations over seven yearsKathryn M Zeitz
St John Ambulance Australia, Glenelg South, South Australia
Prehosp Disaster Med 17:147-50. 2002..The project arose from a need to more accurately predict the workload for first-aid providers at mass gathering events. A formal analysis of workload patterns and the determinants of workload had not been performed...
- EMS medical coverage at PGA tour eventsO John Ma
Department of Emergency Medicine, Truman Medical Center, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, 64108, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 6:11-4. 2002..To analyze the availability and level of medical services for fans at Professional Golfer Association (PGA) Tour events...
- Planning for large eventsJeff T Grange
Loma Linda University Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine, Room A 108, 11234 Anderson Street, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Curr Sports Med Rep 1:156-61. 2002..As one of the most important developments in mass gathering medicine, this article highlights and discusses key areas of the document...
- Twentieth anniversary of American Vascular Association/Lifeline Foundation: a celebrationWilliam H Pearce
Division of Vascular Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:1351-5. 2008..As AVA/Lifeline is poised to launch a campaign for an endowment fund, we hope this report will let the members of the SVS know what has been accomplished, what we plan to do, and, most importantly, what we need to do in the future...
- Hospital-based event medical support for the Baltimore Marathon, 2002-2005Nelson Tang
Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Special Operations, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21209, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 12:320-6. 2008....
- Medical care for a mass gathering: the Suwa Onbashira FestivalKazuyuki Yazawa
Department of Emergency Medicine, Suwa Red Cross Hospital, Suwa City, Nagano, Japan
Prehosp Disaster Med 22:431-5. 2007..During the 2004 festival, for the first time, a medical care system that coordinated a medical team, an emergency medical service, related agencies, and local hospitals was constructed...
- The Sydney Olympics: a win for public healthLouisa Jorm
Centre for Epidemiology and Research, New South Wales Department of Health
N S W Public Health Bull 14:43-5. 2003
- Medical support for children's mass gatheringsAndreas R Thierbach
Clinic of Anesthesiology, Clinic of Pediatrics, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Prehosp Disaster Med 18:14-9. 2003..In this study, the level and quality of medical care were evaluated at a mass gathering of approximately 100,000 children. The event was a television-sponsored fun fair...
- Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Mark 35 years of health services researchRebecca Voelker
JAMA 297:2571-3. 2007
- AHIMA in the 21st century: looking aheadAnne Zender
J AHIMA 74:54-7. 2003
- Honoring our own: the National EMS Memorial ServiceA J Heightman
JEMS 32:14. 2007
- To Morris F Collen: happy ninetieth!Jochen R Moehr
Methods Inf Med 42:499-502. 2003
- Diary of a dream: the American Society of Regional Anesthesia (for Surgery, Obstetrics, and Pain Control)Alon P Winnie
Department of Anesthesiology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 31:569-74. 2006
- Prehospital emergency care and medical preparedness for the 2005 World Championship Games in Athletics in HelsinkiTuomas Hiltunen
Helsinki Emergency Medical Services, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Prehosp Disaster Med 22:304-11. 2007....
- London 2012: occupational health in the construction programmeLawrence Waterman
Olympic Delivery Authority, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LN, UK
J R Soc Promot Health 127:113-8. 2007..Understanding this broad context provides a solid basis for analysing the specific proposals for occupational support during the Olympic Park construction...
- Patterns of allergic reactivity and disease in Olympic athletesConstance H Katelaris
Department of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Clin J Sport Med 16:401-5. 2006....
- Mass sport policy development in the Olympic City: the case of Qingdao--host to the 2008 sailing regattaWeiming Wang
School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, Loughborough University, Ashby Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE1 1 3TU, UK
J R Soc Promot Health 127:125-32. 2007..Nevertheless, negative effects are also evidenced in the greater imbalance between rural and urban sports development, and the high fees for using the new water sports facilities...
- Source areas and long-range transport of pollen from continental land to Tenerife (Canary Islands)Rebeca Izquierdo
CREAF, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193, Bellaterra, Spain
Int J Biometeorol 55:67-85. 2011..In particular, it is estimated that 89-97% of annual counts of the highly allergenous Olea originates from extra-regional sources in southern Iberia and northern Africa...
- Effects of public health interventions on industrial emissions and ambient air in Cartagena, SpainLluis Cirera
Regional Public Health Authority, Murcia Health Council, Ronda Levante 11, 30008, Murcia, Spain
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 16:152-61. 2009..The aim of this research was to assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of the intervention plan implemented from 1992 to 2001 to abate industrial air pollution...
- Assessment of adherence to HIV protease inhibitors: comparison and combination of various methods, including MEMS (electronic monitoring), patient and nurse report, and therapeutic drug monitoringPatricia W H Hugen
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 30:324-34. 2002..Adherence to protease inhibitor-containing antiretroviral therapy is crucial, but difficult to measure...
- How can an underlaid fascia graft form the middle layer of a reconstructed tympanic membrane?László Z Szabó
National Medical Center, Budapest, Hungary
Laryngoscope 116:1674-7. 2006..The objective was to establish how an underlaid fascia graft can form the middle layer of a reconstructed tympanic membrane...
- Gifts and corporate influence in doctor of pharmacy educationPeggy Piascik
College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 71:68. 2007..To explore the nature of corporate gifts directed at PharmD programs and pharmacy student activities and the perceptions of administrators about the potential influences of such gifts...
- [Peritonitis: main reason of severe sepsis in surgical intensive care]G Weiss
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Gefässchirurgie, Otto von Guericke Universitat, Magdeburg, Deutschland
Zentralbl Chir 132:130-7. 2007..We were mainly interested in getting information about incidence, reason and clinical course of peritonitis. The results should give more information about diagnostic and therapy of sepsis in the surgical intensive care...
- Quality of life after iodine 125 brachytherapy vs enucleation for choroidal melanoma: 5-year results from the Collaborative Ocular Melanoma Study: COMS QOLS Report No. 3Michele Melia
Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 124:226-38. 2006....
- Relationship functioning among adult children of alcoholicsJill N Kearns-Bodkin
Research Institute on Addictions, The State University of New York at Buffalo, 1021 Main Street, Buffalo, New York 14203 1016, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 69:941-50. 2008..The purpose of the current research was to examine the impact of both maternal and paternal alcoholism on the relationship functioning of husbands and wives over the early years of marriage...
- The utilization of bicycles in the delivery of emergency medical services: a preliminary reportJ F Gorham
Federick County Advanced Life Support, Frederick, Maryland, USA
Prehosp Disaster Med 12:173-9. 1997..Bicycles may be useful in the delivery of out-of-hospital emergency medical services. The use of bicycles in providing emergency medical services was investigated by surveying currently existing bicycle-medic systems...
- [One hundred and forty years of Turkish civilian and Turkish military hospital in Sarajevo]Izet Masic
Katedra za Porodicnu medicinu, Medicinski fakultet Univerziteta u Sarajevu
Med Arh 60:138-40. 2006..In the paper are described Turkish military and Turkish civil hospital established in June 1866 and in October 1866...
- 2008 - a year of three anniversaries: 125th anniversary of the Club for Natural Sciences in Fiume (Rijeka), 160th anniversary of the birth and 80th anniversary of the death of Professor Peter SalcherAna Alebic-Juretic
Teaching Institute of Public Health, Rijeka, Croatia
Acta Med Hist Adriat 7:277-88. 2009..Since founding and until 1902, Prof Peter Salcher held important positions in the Club; he founded the Röntgen Committee and the Photography Section; he himself gave 31 lectures and was editor of the German part of the Bulletin...
- Husbands' influence on wives' drinking: testing a relationship motivation model in the early years of marriageKenneth E Leonard
Research Institute on Addictions, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 18:340-9. 2004..Implications with respect to marriage and the drinking partnership are discussed...
- Rural medicine interest groups at McMaster University: a pilot studyElaine M Blau
Department of Family Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ont
Can J Rural Med 14:139-44. 2009..Although rural medicine interest groups (RMIGs) are prevalent in Canadian medical schools, there is little research on their contribution to rural education, training and careers...
- Why does the heart beat? The discovery of the electrical system of the heartMark E Silverman
Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Circulation 113:2775-81. 2006..In 2006 and 2007, we celebrate the 100th anniversaries of the publication of the exciting discovery of the AV and sinus nodes, truly landmarks in our understanding of cardiac structure and physiology...
- Georgia's Cancer Awareness and Education Campaign: combining public health models and private sector communications strategiesDemetrius M Parker
Public Affairs and Media Relations, Cancer Control Initiatives, Georgia Department of Human Resources, Division of Public Health, 2 Peachtree St NW, Suite 16 262, Atlanta, GA 30303 3142, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 1:A09. 2004..With an estimated budget of 3.1 million dollars, the first year of the campaign focuses on breast and cervical cancer screening and early detection...
- Doing things together: adolescent health and family ritualsE Compañ
Health and Social Services of Alicante District, Spain
J Epidemiol Community Health 56:89-94. 2002....
- Assessment of haemophilia treatment practice pattern in JapanO Ono
North Kyushu Hemophilia Center, University Hospital of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kita Kyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Haemophilia 15:1032-8. 2009..On the other hand, 'unwillingness of family members' and 'poor adherence' were the main factors precluding introduction of this therapy for those aged over 6 years...
- Measuring social activities and social function in long-term cancer survivors who received hematopoietic stem cell transplantationKaren L Syrjala
Biobehavioral Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Psychooncology 19:462-71. 2010..This study describes social activities of survivors and evaluates the psychometric properties of the Social Activity Log (SAL) in a cohort of long-term survivors of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) for cancer...
- Automated Arabidopsis plant root cell segmentation based on SVM classification and region mergingMonica Marcuzzo
INEB Instituto de Engenharia Biomedica, Divisão de Sinal e Imagem, Campus FEUP, Portugal
Comput Biol Med 39:785-93. 2009..When comparing the results after merging with the basic watershed segmentation, we obtain 1.5% better coverage (increase in F-measure) and up to 27% better precision in correct cell segmentation...
- Alcohol use, alcohol problems, and depressive symptomatology among newly married couplesGregory G Homish
Research Institute on Addictions, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, 1021 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14203 1016, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 83:185-92. 2006..This work examined how one spouse's alcohol involvement and alcohol-related problems affect his/her spouse's depressive symptomatology over time...
- Predictors of marijuana use among married couples: the influence of one's spouseGregory G Homish
Research Institute on Addictions, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, 1021 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14203 1016, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 91:121-8. 2007..After considering the impact of time and individual risk factors, a spouse's use of marijuana prior to marriage was a strong predictor of increased risk for marijuana use during the first four years of marriage...
- [Length of postpartum women hospital stay]Włodzimierz Borkowski
Centrum Medyczne Kształcenia Podyplomowego w Warszawie
Przegl Epidemiol 60:163-70. 2006..Finding maternal factors and hospital characteristics responsible for postpartum length of stay in hospital, as well as assessment of impact of the factors...
- [The short-term results of air pollution on mortality: the results of the EMECAM project in Cartagena, 1992-96. Estudio Multicéntrico Español sobre la Relación entre la Contaminación Atmosférica y la Mortalidad]J J Guillen Perez
Dirección General de Salud, Consejeria de Sanidad y Politica Social, Murcia
Rev Esp Salud Publica 73:215-24. 1999..Our aim is to assess, using the EMECAM methodology, the acute impact of SO2 and particle air pollution on the daily death rate of the city of Cartagena in the 1992-1996 period...
- [Anniversaries of the foundation of the dental clinics. II. The dental clinics at the Mikszáth Kálmán Square in Budapest, Hungary]András Kóbor
Semmelweis Egyetem, Fogpótlástani Klinika, Budapest
Fogorv Sz 103:21-4. 2010..Finally in 1959 the new dental departments moved to a once residential building at Mikszáth Kálmán Square converted into dental clinics. This site had been in operation until the opening of the New Dental Education Center in 2007...
- Assessing advanced life support (ALS) competence: Victorian practicesJulie L Preston
Epworth Eastern Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Aust Crit Care 22:164-71. 2009..To encourage nurses to retain ALS skills and knowledge, regular practices are recommended as an alternative to assessments. However, further research is required to support this notion...
- [Risk predictors, scoring systems and prognostic models in anesthesia and intensive care. Part I: anesthesia]A Junger
Abteilung Anaesthesiologie, Intensivmedizin, Schmerztherapie, Universitätsklinikum Giessen, Germany
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 37:520-7. 2002..Nevertheless, they are not frequently used in clinical routine. Because of its simplicity and easy handling the ASA classification has worldwide popularity and recent studies demonstrated at least equal prognostic performance...
- [Apropos of 2 anniversaries]M Lima
, Hospital de Santa Marta, Lisboa
Acta Med Port 9:121-4. 1996..The Paediatric Cardiology a paper entitled collaborated in these festivities with Service of Santa Marta Hospital Paediatric Cardiology, 25 years. Hospital de Santa Marta-Lisbon-Past, Present, Future. This paper is now published...
- HIV as a chronic diseaseTabitha W Mahungu
Department of HIV Medicine, Royal Free NHS Trust, London
Clin Med 9:125-8. 2009..These anniversaries allow us to appreciate the milestones achieved thus far and those yet to be achieved. Only a collaborative global effort will stop the epidemic from overwhelming efforts to contain it...
- Two endocrinological anniversariesS Svacina
Third Medical Department Clinical Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism of the First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, and General Teaching Hospital, Czech Republic
Prague Med Rep 105:423-31. 2004..On June 29, 2004, professor Schreiber himself, still full of vigour celebrated his 80th birthday. That day, too, is a significant anniversary in the history of Czech endocrinology...
- [The study on metabolic difference of human body affected by active stress and passive stress under special events]Guang Hong Guo
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 30:1200-2. 2010..To study the metabolic difference of body influenced by active stress and passive stress under special events...
- Parental perspectives on hospital staff members' acts of kindness and commemoration after a child's deathMary Ellen Macdonald
Pediatric Palliative Care Program, Montreal Children s Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pediatrics 116:884-90. 2005..This study explores the significance of these acts for bereaved parents...
- The evolution of the Three RsSebastien Farnaud
Dr Hadwen Trust for Humane Research, Hitchin, Herts, UK
Altern Lab Anim 37:249-54. 2009....
- Personal reflections on Russell and Burch, FRAME, and the HSUSMartin L Stephens
The Humane Society of the United States, Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Altern Lab Anim 37:29-33. 2009..They lived long enough to see their ideas take hold, but not long enough to see the emerging revolution currently under way in toxicity testing, toward the use of non-animal methods...
- Toward effective source apportionment using positive matrix factorization: experiments with simulated PM2.5 dataL W Antony Chen
Desert Research Institute, Reno, NV 89512, USA
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 60:43-54. 2010..A simple test is recommended to check whether the weighting coefficients are suitable. However, uncertainties in the data divert PMF solutions even when the optimal weighting coefficients and number of factors are in place...
- Care of children at a large outdoor music festival in the United KingdomCarl P McQueen
Specialty Training Registar East Midlands Workforce Deanery, UK
Prehosp Disaster Med 25:223-6. 2010..The aim of this study is to examine the care requirements for children at a large, outdoor music festival in the United Kingdom...
- The drinking partnership and marital satisfaction: The longitudinal influence of discrepant drinkingGregory G Homish
Research Institute on Addictions, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14203 1016, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 75:43-51. 2007..Over time, these couples may be at greater risk for decreased marital functioning that may lead to relationship dissolution...
- Husbands' and wives' marital adjustment, verbal aggression, and physical aggression as longitudinal predictors of physical aggression in early marriageJulie A Schumacher
Research Institute on Addictions, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 73:28-37. 2005..Contrary to prior research, results also failed to support physical aggression as a unique predictor of marital adjustment...
- Dust exposure in Munich public transportation: a comprehensive 4-year survey in buses and tramsG Praml
Institute and Outpatient Clinic for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 73:209-14. 2000..The aim of this study, therefore, was to assess the dust exposure relevant to passengers and drivers in public buses and trams...
- Evolution and immunityJim Kaufman
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Immunology 130:459-62. 2010..The final talk explored the application of phylogenetic analysis to non-biological systems...
- Lesbian mothers in Japan: an insider's reportKeiko Arita
Ritsumeikan University, Japan
J Lesbian Stud 10:105-11. 2006..Another issue requiring further inquiry is how lesbian mothers "come out" to their children. doi:10.1300/J155v10n03_07...
- Intimate partner violence in newly married couples: The role of illicit drug use.Philip H Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..Multi Level Modeling will be used to test for a longitudinal relation between IDU and IPV, as well as mediation and moderation effects. ..
- University of Pennsylvania Diabetes Research CenterMitchell A Lazar; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- REACHING AND MOTIVATING CHANGE IN TEEN MARIJUANA SMOKERSDENISE D WALKER-SCHRAMM; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Short-term biomedical research training program for veterinary studentsVilma Yuzbasiyan-Gurkan; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, comparative studies in animal models are critical to the understanding of disease processes and of new therapies for human diseases. ..
- Assessing the impact of an intervention to prevent violence and HIV in UgandaJENNIFER ANN WAGMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..PRRs will be estimated using log-binomial or modified Poisson regression with random effects models to account for correlation within clusters. ..
- 2013 Directed Cell Migration Gordon Research Conference &Gordon Research SeminarPeter Friedl; Fiscal Year: 2013..For both, the GRC and GRS, support will assure that the meeting will be successful and will provide much needed sponsorship for outstanding young scientists who wish to attend. ..
- 2013 Annual Meeting of the American Society for Investigative PathologyFrancis W Luscinskas; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Marijuana Dependence Treatment PRNDENISE D WALKER SCHRAMM; Fiscal Year: 2010..Marijuana use disorders have increased and continue to affect a significant portion of the population, thus necessitating continuing efforts to develop more efficacious behavioral interventions. ..
- MBRS IMSD Program at Louisiana State UniversityMARIA DA GRACA HENRIQUES VICENTE; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- 2011 Annual Meeting of the American Society for Investigative PathologyAsma Nusrat; Fiscal Year: 2011..The meeting also provides educational and career support to young investigators who are interested in cancer biology and experimental pathology. ..
- Educational Activities of Environment Section at APHA Annual MeetingSACOBY MIGUEL WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- 2012 Annual Meeting of the American Society for Investigative PathologyAsma Nusrat; Fiscal Year: 2012..A major goal of the meeting is to provide educational and career support to young investigators who are interested in cancer biology and experimental pathology. ..
- 2010 Annual Meeting of the American Society for Investigative PathologySATDARSHAN SINGH MONGA; Fiscal Year: 2010..The meeting also provides educational and career support to young investigators who are interested in cancer biology and experimental pathology. ..
- TRIAL OF ACTIVITY FOR ADOLESCENT GIRLS (TAAG)Timothy Lohman; Fiscal Year: 2005..The team brings expertise in PA program design, PA and fitness assessment, formative assessment, behavior theory and curriculum development, intervention delivery, process evaluation, and data management. ..
- How Scientists Remember a Major Discovery: History and Memory of DNA structure.PNINA ABIR AM; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- SEX DIFFERENCES IN MORBIDITY AND HEALTH ACTIONSLOIS VERBRUGGE; Fiscal Year: 1980....
- Student and Postdoctoral Level Investigator Travel Awards at 2005 EMS MeetingPeter Stambrook; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Motivating HIV Risk-ReductionRoger Roffman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Eighth International Conference on Systems Biology (ICSB 2007)Michael Hucka; Fiscal Year: 2007..The conference proceedings will be distributed to attendees in printed form and as a CD-ROM. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Environmental Mutagen Society 38th Annual MeetingPeter Stambrook; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RECOVERY TRAINING AND SELF HELP FOR COCAINE ADDICTSWilliam McAuliffe; Fiscal Year: 1991..The results will be presented in journal articles and a monograph...
- MBRS PROGRAM AT SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY IN NEW ORLEANSRICHARD MAJESTE; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- MBRS PROGRAM AT HUNTER COLLEGEVictoria Luine; Fiscal Year: 2000..Finally, recruitment methods of the program will also be evaluated to determine those which have a high return rate and attract high quality students. ..
- Annual Meeting of the Am Soc for Investigative PathologyMARTHA FURIE; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Educational MarketingDavid Lange; Fiscal Year: 2013..Further, this contract may include Scholastic, Inc's support with publicizing and performing special events targeted to youth. ..
- Educational MarketingDavid Lange; Fiscal Year: 2012..Further, this contract may include Scholastic, Inc's support with publicizing and performing special events targeted to youth. ..
- Educational MarketingPATRICK MICHAEL BEARDSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..Further, this contract may include Scholastic, Inc's support with publicizing and performing special events targeted to youth. ..
- MECHANISMS OF RENAL TUBULAR EPITHELIAL CELL INJURYSudhir Shah; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Alcohol and Early Marriage: Spouse and Peer InfluenceKenneth Leonard; Fiscal Year: 2001..Linear growth models will be utilized to describe the 4 year drinking trajectories of drinking problems on marital dissolution. ..
- Alcohol and Early Marriage: Spouse and Peer InfluenceKenneth Leonard; Fiscal Year: 2008..In the next award period, we will be able to examine these issues longitudinally and integrate information concerning coworker drinking into models of family/work conflict and drinking. ..
- Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease Risk: Neighborhood Segregation and PovertyLISA CAROL DUBAY; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- DESIGN OF LIGANDS SELECTIVE FOR THE DAG SUPERFAMILYAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2002..To assess the effect of alterations in the ligand's hydrophobic side chain on its tumor promoting activity, studies of skin hyperplasia will be conducted. ..
- CHEMICAL AND PHARMACOLOGICAL STUDIES OF COCAINE ANALOGSAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Mental Health Services in NY after WTC DisasterJoseph Boscarino; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Increasing Effects of Interferons for MelanomaErnest Borden; Fiscal Year: 2005..The data should contribute to understanding of IFNs effects in melanoma but also other neoplasms and to a beginning understanding of the therapeutic potential of TRAIL. ..
- Controlled Randomized Anger Reduction in HypertensivesKarina Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Integrity of the Pulmonary Blood-Gas BarrierJohn West; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, at the more basic level, this research is devoted to a fundamental biological dilemma of the lung, namely how the blood-gas barrier combines extreme thinness with immense strength. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical and Cellular Effects of Interferon alfa 1Ernest Borden; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, if the pattern of novel gene induction and cellular effects are expanded, IFN-alpha 1 could have a broader spectrum of responsive clinical tumor types. ..
- Partner Violence Intervention for Alcohol Clinic ClientsJULIE SCHUMACHER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Chemistry and Biology of 5-HT2C Receptor Ligands for Drug AbuseALAN PAUL KOZIKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- EARLY DETECTION AND INTERVENTION IN PSYCHOSISThomas McGlashan; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Chemistry and Pharmacology of a New Nicotine LigandsAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..Functional activity will be evaluated using established 86RbC1 efflux assays and/or whole cell patch clamp measurements. ..
- Adolescent Disclosure of Abuse In Primary Care SettingsAngela Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the training opportunity would enable Dr. Diaz to acquire mentored research skills to enhance the health and well- 0being of abused adolescents, and learn how to assess abuse and diagnose its effects. ..
- BIOLOGICAL STUDIES OF PIPERIDINE ANALOGS OF COCAINEAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2001..4. For compounds meeting set criteria, to further evaluate their behavioral pharmacological profile in animals using intravenous drug self-administration and drug discrimination procedures. ..
- CHD Incidence: Depression & Inflammation RiskKarina Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose to assay plasma samples for CRP, IL-6 and ICAM-1 and then to statistically model the associations among depression, inflammation and CHD incidence. ..
- COLLABORATIVE LONGITUDINAL STUDY OF PERSONALITY DISORDERThomas McGlashan; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Impulsivity and Partner Violence in Male AlcoholicsJULIE SCHUMACHER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SHP1 Targeted Inhibition by Stibogluconate for MelanomaErnest Borden; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PKC Modulators for the Treatment of Alzheimer's diseaseAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..For the best compounds from Aim 2, perform studies in triple transgenic mice to ascertain effects on Abeta and sAPPalpha levels and plaque formation in vivo. ..
- Cigarette smoking and colorectal cancer riskAndrew Hyland; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Preventing Club Drug Use among Rave AttendeesGeorge Yacoubian; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Polymorphisms in Rheumatoid ArthritisEric Matteson; Fiscal Year: 2004..The mentorship program proposed in this grant is critical to this long-term goal. ..
- Gene x Environment Factors in Smoking CessationAndrew Hyland; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Female Anti-Problem Drinking Group & Campus InitiativesJoseph LaBrie; Fiscal Year: 2006..Campus awareness will increase and campus culture will be changed. Evaluation/analysis plan is included. ..