Summary: The moral obligations governing the conduct of research. Used for discussions of research ethics as a general topic.
Publications259 found, 100 shown here
- Ethical issues in research in low-income countriesS R Benatar
Bioethics Centre, Department of Medicine, University of Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 11:617-23. 2007....
- What makes clinical research in developing countries ethical? The benchmarks of ethical researchEzekiel J Emanuel
Department of Clinical Bioethics, Warren G Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1156, USA
J Infect Dis 189:930-7. 2004
- Understanding of informed consent in a low-income setting: three case studies from the Kenyan CoastC S Molyneux
Kenya Medical Research Institute, PO Box 230, Kilifi, Kenya
Soc Sci Med 59:2547-59. 2004..These themes and emerging recommendations are expected to be relevant to, and would benefit from, experiences and insights of researchers working elsewhere...
- Outcome of a research ethics training workshop among clinicians and scientists in a Nigerian universityAdemola J Ajuwon
African Regional Health Education Center, Department of Health Promotion and Education, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
BMC Med Ethics 9:1. 2008In Nigeria, as in other developing countries, access to training in research ethics is limited, due to weak social, economic, and health infrastructure...
- Editorial: Popular concerns about medical research projects in sub-Saharan Africa--a critical voice in debates about medical research ethicsP W Geissler
Trop Med Int Health 11:975-82. 2006
- Ethical dilemmas of social science research on AIDS and orphanhood in Western KenyaErick Otieno Nyambedha
Maseno University, Sociology and Anthropology, Kisumu Busia Road, Kisumu, Nyanza, Kenya
Soc Sci Med 67:771-9. 2008..It discusses the ethical dilemma of maintaining a delicate balance between research ethics, the expectations of the study population and negotiating the community's vested interests in a health ..
- Repairing research integritySandra L Titus
Office of Research Integrity, 1101 Wootton Parkway, Suite 750, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Nature 453:980-2. 2008
- 'He is now like a brother, I can even give him some blood'--relational ethics and material exchanges in a malaria vaccine 'trial community' in The GambiaP Wenzel Geissler
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Soc Sci Med 67:696-707. 2008..One possible conclusion from these observations is that research ethics should be understood, not just as a quasi-legal frame but also as an open, searching movement, much in the ..
- Between universalism and relativism: a conceptual exploration of problems in formulating and applying international biomedical ethical guidelinesG B Tangwa
University of Yaounde, Cameroon
J Med Ethics 30:63-7. 2004....
- Views of the process and content of ethical reviews of HIV vaccine trials among members of US institutional review boards and South African research ethics committeesRobert Klitzman
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032USA
Dev World Bioeth 8:207-18. 2008..through an exploratory study how members of institutional review boards (IRBs) in the United States (US) and research ethics committees (RECs) in South Africa (SA) view issues concerning the process and content of reviews of these ..
- One-time general consent for research on biological samplesDavid Wendler
Department of Clinical Bioethics, NIH Clinical Center, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
BMJ 332:544-7. 2006
- Stem cell research ethics: consensus statement on emerging issuesTimothy Caulfield
Health Law Institute, Faculty of Law, School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton AB
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 29:843-8. 2007..included consultations with key stakeholders in hESC research (regulations, stem cell researchers, and research ethics experts), preparation and distribution of background papers, and an international workshop held in Montreal ..
- Health research ethics in public health: trials and implementation of malaria mosquito control strategiesWen L Kilama
African Malaria Network Trust, Dares Salaam, Tanzania
Acta Trop 112:S37-47. 2009Health research ethics has its roots in protecting individuals participating in clinical trials...
- Do research ethics committees identify process errors in applications for ethical approval?E Angell
Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
J Med Ethics 35:130-2. 2009We analysed research ethics committee (REC) letters. We found that RECs frequently identify process errors in applications from researchers that are not deemed "favourable" at first review...
- Use and abuse of the internet for teaching research ethics--commentary on "Misconceptions and realities about teaching online"Michael Kalichman
Research Ethics Program, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0612, USA
Sci Eng Ethics 11:341-5. 2005
- Training needs assessment in research ethics evaluation among research ethics committee members in three African countries: Cameroon, Mali and TanzaniaJerome Ateudjieu
Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences University of Yaoundé 1, Cameroon Centre for the Study and Control of Communicable Diseases, Melen Street, Yaoundé Centre, Cameroon
Dev World Bioeth 10:88-98. 2010As actors with the key responsibility for the protection of human research participants, Research Ethics Committees (RECs) need to be competent and well-resourced in order to fulfil their roles...
- Research ethics in the MySpace eraMegan A Moreno
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Adolescent Medicine, University of Washington and Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Pediatrics 121:157-61. 2008..Addressing each of these concerns, we offer an ethical framework to promote informed and appropriate decisions...
- Improving informed consent: a comparison of four consent toolsPatricia Agre
Patient and Family Education, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, USA
IRB 25:1-7. 2003
- Clinical equipoise and the incoherence of research ethicsFranklin G Miller
Department of Clinical Bioethics Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1156, USA
J Med Philos 32:151-65. 2007..In the final sections of the article, we elaborate on the non-exploitation framework for the ethics clinical research and indicate issues that warrant further inquiry...
- The ancillary-care responsibilities of medical researchers. An ethical framework for thinking about the clinical care that researchers owe their subjectsHenry S Richardson
Georgetown University, USA
Hastings Cent Rep 34:25-33. 2004
- Evidence based medicine and justice: a framework for looking at the impact of EBM upon vulnerable or disadvantaged groupsW A Rogers
Department of Medical Education, Flinders University, Adelaide SA, Australia
J Med Ethics 30:141-5. 2004....
- Data sharing in genomics--re-shaping scientific practiceJane Kaye
The Ethox Centre, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Oxford, Old Road Campus, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LF, UK
Nat Rev Genet 10:331-5. 2009..We discuss the challenges that must be addressed if the full benefits of data sharing, as envisaged by funders, are to be realized...
- [Responsibility and function of Research Ethics Committees]E Doppelfeld
Vorsitzender des Arbeitskreises Medizinischer Ethik Kommissionen in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Ottostrasse 12, 50859, Koln
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 52:387-93. 2009In Germany, only Research Ethics Committees (REC) set up according to States law at Faculties of Medicine, Medical Associations or States authorities are entitled to assess all areas of biomedical research...
- Reporting of ethical issues in publications of medical researchFranklin G Miller
Department of Clinical Bioethics, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1156, USA
Lancet 360:1326-8. 2002..We recommend a policy of extensive reporting of pertinent ethical issues to promote public accountability for clinical research. Guidelines are presented, and possible objections to this recommended policy are addressed...
- Research ethics paperwork: what is the plot we seem to have lost?Konrad Jamrozik
Department of Primary Care and Social Medicine, Imperial College, London W6 8RP
BMJ 329:286-7. 2004
- What do research ethics committees say about applications to conduct research involving children?E Angell
Social Sciences Research Group, Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Arch Dis Child 95:915-7. 2010To identify issues raised by research ethics committees (RECs) in letters about applications to conduct research involving children.
- Research ethics recommendations for whole-genome research: consensus statementTimothy Caulfield
Health Law Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
PLoS Biol 6:e73. 2008
- A plea for pragmatism in clinical research ethicsDavid H Brendel
Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Am J Bioeth 8:24-31. 2008Pragmatism is a distinctive approach to clinical research ethics that can guide bioethicists and members of institutional review boards (IRBs) as they struggle to balance the competing values of promoting medical research and protecting ..
- Research ethics in the era of personalized medicine: updating science's contract with societyEric M Meslin
Indiana University Center for Bioethics, IU School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Ind 46202, USA
Public Health Genomics 13:378-84. 2010....
- Conducting ethical research in pediatrics: a brief historical overview and review of pediatric regulationsDouglas S Diekema
University of Washington, Treuman Katz Center for Pediatric Bioethics, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
J Pediatr 149:S3-11. 2006..Good research is ethical research, and that requires investigators who take seriously the importance of participant welfare, meaningful informed consent, and respect for research participants...
- A case study of community-based participatory research ethics: the Healthy Public Housing InitiativeDoug Brugge
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, Tufts University School of Medicine, 136 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Sci Eng Ethics 9:485-501. 2003....
- [Evaluation of clinical trials following an approval from a research ethics committee]S Menzel
Ethikkommission der Arztekammer Westfalen Lippe und der Medizinischen Fakultät der Westfälischen Wilhelms Universität Münster, Munster, Deutschland
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:2313-7. 2007..Up to date there has been no systematic analysis of published results after an approval from the research ethics committee of the Medical Association Westfalen-Lippe...
- Rethinking research ethicsRosamond Rhodes
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, USA
Am J Bioeth 10:19-36. 2010Contemporary research ethics policies started with reflection on the atrocities perpetrated upon concentration camp inmates by Nazi doctors...
- The development and assessment of an NIH-funded research ethics training programJames M DuBois
Center for Health Care Ethics, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63103, USA
Acad Med 83:596-603. 2008..Assessment involved pre- and posttesting focused on knowledge of research ethics, ethical problem-solving skills, and levels of confidence in addressing ethical issues in mental health ..
- To strengthen consensus, consult the stakeholdersCheryl Cox Macpherson
Bioethics Department, St George s University, School of Medicine, PO Box 7, St Georges, Grenada, West Indies
Bioethics 18:283-92. 2004..It concludes that like research sponsors, CIOMS and similar organisations have an ethical responsibility to facilitate capacity building in less developed areas, and to participate more actively in consensus building...
- A case study of research ethics capacity development in AfricaAdnan A Hyder
Department of International Health and Berman Institute of Bioethics, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Acad Med 82:675-83. 2007Debates about cross-cultural research have sparked growing interest in international research ethics and have initiated collaborative efforts addressing international ethical concerns...
- Canaries in the mines: children, risk, non-therapeutic research, and justiceM Spriggs
Ethics Unit, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Parkville, Australia
J Med Ethics 30:176-81. 2004..The author concludes by offering a strategy for researchers and reviewers of research to appreciate, in a vivid way, the implications of research participation...
- Informed consent for pediatric research: is it really possible?Eric Kodish
J Pediatr 142:89-90. 2003
- The reform of UK research ethics committees: throwing the baby out with the bath water?S Kerrison
School of Public Policy, University College London Hospitals NHS Trust, London, UK
J Med Ethics 31:487-9. 2005On 1 May 2004 research ethics committees became legally accountable to a new government body, the United Kingdom Ethics Committee Authority. This marks the end of the self regulation of research ethics...
- Incorporating principles and practical wisdom in research ethics education: a preliminary studyNicole Deming
Department of Medical History and Ethics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195 7120, USA
Acad Med 82:18-23. 2007Researchers are faced with daily ethical decisions that are subtle and nuanced. However, research ethics training has primarily focused on formal guidelines, general ethical principles, and historically noteworthy cases of research abuse,..
- Youth health research ethics: time for a mature-minor clause?Lena A Sanci
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, 200 Berkeley Street, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia
Med J Aust 180:336-8. 2004..Psychological research indicates that young people from 14 years have decision-making capacity. US and UK research ethics guidelines acknowledge the mature-minor principle, but Australian guidelines are out of step with ..
- Literature review: status and trends of research ethics in Swedish nurses' dissertationsSofia Kjellström
Institute of Gerontology, School of Health Sciences, Jonkoping University, Jonkoping, Sweden
Nurs Ethics 17:383-92. 2010b>Research ethics is increasingly formally regulated, but little is known about how ethical considerations are reported in dissertations...
- Curriculum guide for research ethics workshops for countries in the Middle EastHenry Silverman
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland, 110 S Paca Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, United States
Dev World Bioeth 10:70-7. 2010To help ensure the ethical conduct of research, many have recommended educational efforts in research ethics to investigators and members of research ethics committees (RECs)...
- [Control of research ethics standards by the scientific community is not sufficient]Anders Persson
Lakartidningen 104:2244-7. 2007
- Ethical oversight of research in developing countriesNancy Kass
Johns Hopkins Bioethics Institute, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
IRB 25:1-10. 2003
- Assessing the public's views in research ethics controversies: deliberative democracy and bioethics as natural alliesScott Y H Kim
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Empir Res Hum Res Ethics 4:3-16. 2009In a liberal democracy, policy decisions regarding ethical controversies, including those in research ethics, should incorporate the opinions of its citizens. Eliciting informed and well-considered ethical opinions can be challenging...
- Many worlds, one ethic: design and development of a global research ethics training curriculumRoberto Rivera
P O Box 13950, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, 27709
Dev World Bioeth 5:169-75. 2005The demand for basic research ethics training has grown considerably in the past few years. Research and education organizations face the challenge of providing this training with limited resources and training tools available...
- The evolution of research ethics: the current international configurationSev S Fluss
Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences, Geneva
J Law Med Ethics 32:596-603. 2004
- Research ethics--revisitedEivind Meland
Scand J Prim Health Care 21:129-31. 2003
- Research ethics in dissertations: ethical issues and complexity of reasoningS Kjellstrom
Institute of Gerontology, School of Health Sciences, Jonkoping University, PO Box 1026, SE 551 11 Jönköping, Sweden
J Med Ethics 36:425-30. 2010..Conducting ethically sound research is a fundamental principle of scientific inquiry. Recent research has indicated that ethical concerns are insufficiently dealt with in dissertations...
- The absent professor: why we don't teach research ethics and what to do about itArri Eisen
Emory University, USA
Am J Bioeth 2:38-49. 2002b>Research ethics education in the biosciences has not historically been a priority for research universities despite the fact that funding agencies, government regulators, and the parties involved in the research enterprise agree that it ..
- Deception in the pursuit of scienceDavid Wendler
Department of Clinical Bioethics, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 10, Room 1C118, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:597-600. 2004
- Biomedical scientists' perceptions of ethical and social implications: is there a role for research ethics consultation?Jennifer B McCormick
Stanford Center for Biomedical Ethics, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e4659. 2009b>Research ethics consultation programs are being established with a goal of addressing the ethical, societal, and policy considerations associated with biomedical research...
- Research ethics training in Peru: a case studyA Roxana Lescano
United States Naval Medical Research Center Detachment, Lima, Peru
PLoS ONE 3:e3274. 2008..To date, 927 people from 12 different Latin American countries have participated in several of these training activities. In this article we describe our training model...
- How well does South Africa's National Health Act regulate research involving children?Ann Strode
Faculty of Law, University of KwaZulu Natal, Pietermaritzburg
S Afr Med J 95:265-8. 2005..This article describes the strengths and limitations of the provisions, implications for researchers and research ethics committees, and makes recommendations...
- On the importance of research ethics and mentoringRuth R Faden
Johns Hopkins University, USA
Am J Bioeth 2:50-1. 2002
- Biomedical research ethics: an Islamic view part IIRaafat Y Afifi
Int J Surg 5:381-3. 2007..In addition, I pointed out the agreement between general broad principles of research ethics and Islamic teachings concerning life; which showed clearly that Islam has addressed the regulation of ethics ..
- Ethics, practice, and research in public healthKathleen M MacQueen
Family Health International, PO Box 13950, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Public Health 94:928-31. 2004....
- Practicing research ethics: private-sector physicians & pharmaceutical clinical trialsJill A Fisher
Arizona State University, Women and Gender Studies, PO Box 874902, Tempe, AZ 85287 4902, USA
Soc Sci Med 66:2495-505. 2008This paper focuses on constructions of research ethics by primary care physicians in the USA as they engage in contract research for the pharmaceutical industry...
- Privacy and ethics in pediatric environmental health research-part I: genetic and prenatal testingCelia B Fisher
Center for Ethics Education, Fordham University, Bronx, New York 10458, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:1617-21. 2006....
- Undue inducements and reasonable risks: will the dismal science lead to dismal research ethics?Alex John London
Carnegie Mellon University
Am J Bioeth 5:29-32. 2005
- Animal research ethics in Africa: an overviewAceme Nyika
African Malaria Network Trust AMANET, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Acta Trop 112:S48-52. 2009With research projects that use animals on the increase worldwide and in Africa in particular, animal research ethics should continue to be reviewed to improve the welfare of animals used in research...
- The need for evidence-based research ethics: a review of the substance abuse literatureEmily E Anderson
Center for Health Care Ethics, Saint Louis University, 221 North Grand Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63103, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 86:95-105. 2007Participants in substance abuse research may be vulnerable for multiple reasons. International research ethics guidelines and policy statements require that researchers provide extra protections when conducting research with vulnerable ..
- New governance arrangements for research ethics committees: is facilitating research achieved at the cost of participants' interestE Cave
Department of Law, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Med Ethics 28:318-21. 2002..response to a recent European Clinical Trials Directive, namely the Department of Health, Central Office for Research Ethics Committee guidance, Governance Arrangements for NHS Research Ethics Committees...
- Trust and informed consent: insights from community members on the Kenyan coastC S Molyneux
Kenya Medical Research Institute, P O Box 230, Kilifi, Kenya
Soc Sci Med 61:1463-73. 2005..The latter is particularly fundamental, but cannot be built and regulated through the laws, policies and guidelines that currently govern biomedical research practice...
- Ethics and the ethnography of medical research in AfricaSassy Molyneux
KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Laboratories, Social Behavioural Research group, P O Box 230, District Hospital Grounds, Kilifi, Kenya
Soc Sci Med 67:685-95. 2008..by highlighting the ethical priority of capacity strengthening in medical research, social science and research ethics in Africa to ensure that local and national priorities and concerns are considered at both the micro and ..
- Ethics in public health research: protecting human subjects: the role of community advisory boardsSandra Crouse Quinn
Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 230 Parran Hall, 130 DeSoto Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Public Health 94:918-22. 2004..Furthermore, CABs can help us to re-create informed consent as a process. It is critical that we conduct research to understand the role of CABs in the informed consent process...
- The therapeutic orientation to clinical trialsFranklin G Miller
Department of Clinical Bioethics, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1156, USA
N Engl J Med 348:1383-6. 2003
- Assessing research risks systematically: the net risks testD Wendler
Department of Clinical Bioethics, The NIH Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Med Ethics 33:481-6. 2007Dual-track assessment directs research ethics committees (RECs) to assess the risks of research interventions based on the unclear distinction between therapeutic and non-therapeutic interventions...
- Improving disclosure and consent: "is it safe?": new ethics for reporting personal exposures to environmental chemicalsJulia Green Brody
Silent Spring Institute, Newton, MA 0245, USA
Am J Public Health 97:1547-54. 2007..Our discussion is informed by our experience with 120 women in a study of 89 pollutants in homes and by interviews with other researchers and institutional review board staff...
- Fostering integrity in research: definitions, current knowledge, and future directionsNicholas H Steneck
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Sci Eng Ethics 12:53-74. 2006..paper begins with suggestions for more precise definitions of the terms "responsible conduct of research," "research ethics," and "research integrity...
- Ethical goals of community consultation in researchNeal Dickert
Phoebe R Berman Bioethics Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Hampton House 351, 624 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Public Health 95:1123-7. 2005..We propose 4 ethical goals that give investigators, sponsors, institutional review boards, and communities a framework for evaluating community consultation processes...
- Bioethics: dial 'E' for ethicsHelen Pilcher
Nature 440:1104-5. 2006
- Research ethics committees in Africa: building capacitySolomon Benatar
PLoS Med 4:e135; author reply e136. 2007
- Genes, race and research ethics: who's minding the store?L M Hunt
Department of Anthropology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Med Ethics 34:495-500. 2008....
- Research ethics committees: what is their contribution?Bebe Loff
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Prahran, VIC 3181, Australia
Med J Aust 181:440-1. 2004
- Qualitative research ethics: enhancing evidence-based practice in physical therapyAnne Townsend
The W Maurice Young Centre for Applied Ethics, University of British Columbia, 235 6356 Agricultural Rd, Klinck Building, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Phys Ther 90:615-28. 2010....
- Research ethics, informed consent, and participant recruitmentElaine E Steinke
School of Nursing, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 18:88-95; quiz 96-7. 2004..This analysis explores ethical issues and challenges in participant recruitment...
- The emergence of an ethical duty to disclose genetic research results: international perspectivesBartha Maria Knoppers
1Centre de recherche en droit public, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Hum Genet 14:1170-8. 2006..results begs several other questions: Who should have the responsibility of disclosing such results and when? To whom should the results be disclosed? How? Finally, will this ethical 'imperative' become a legally recognized duty as well?..
- Protecting the vulnerable: testing times for clinical research ethicsU Schuklenk
University of the Witwatersrand, Faculty of Health Sciences, Johannesburg, South Africa
Soc Sci Med 51:969-77. 2000This paper describes a number of historical breaches of research ethics. Typically the victims of such breaches belong to vulnerable populations, such as prisoners, mentally disabled people, women and people in developing countries...
- The South African Medical Research Council's Guidelines on Ethics for Medical Research--implications for HIV-preventive vaccine trials with childrenCatherine Slack
HIV AIDS Vaccines Ethics Group, School of Psychology, University of KwaZulu Natal, Pietermaritzburg
S Afr Med J 95:269-71. 2005..We recommend that Book 1 provisions should be redrafted to reflect a balance between protecting children from research-related risks and testing interventions critical to their health...
- Research injury in clinical trials in South AfricaPeter Cleaton-Jones
Dental Research Institute, Witwatersrand 2050, South Africa
Lancet 367:458-9. 2006
- Research on the socio-ethical impact of biomarker use and the communication processes in ECNIS NoE and NewGeneris IPBirgit Dumez
Center for Human Genetics, Department of Medicine, University of Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Int J Hyg Environ Health 210:263-5. 2007..A harmonized socio-ethical and legal approach not only increases the possibilities for comparison between data generated but may also allow for more equality in the protection of the rights of each citizen of the European Union...
- Clinical governance and research ethics as barriers to UK low-risk population-based health research?Edwin R van Teijlingen
Section of Population Health, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
BMC Public Health 8:396. 2008..Recently, a range of factors led to the development of more stringent bureaucratic procedures, governing the conduct of low-risk population-based health research in the United Kingdom...
- Fraudulent human embryonic stem cell research in South Korea: lessons learnedDavid B Resnik
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Mail Drop NH 06, Box 12233, NIEHS NIH, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Account Res 13:101-9. 2006
- Rethinking research ethicsRosamond Rhodes
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Am J Bioeth 5:7-28. 2005Contemporary research ethics policies started with reflection on the atrocities perpetrated upon concentration camp inmates by Nazi doctors...
- Student perceptions of the effectiveness of education in the responsible conduct of researchDena K Plemmons
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Sci Eng Ethics 12:571-82. 2006..courses, students were surveyed about their perspectives after recent completion of one of eleven different research ethics courses at ten different institutions...
- Should we make a fuss? A case for social responsibility in scienceJon Beckwith
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Biotechnol 23:1479-80. 2005..If society is to remain in step with new technology, the scientific community needs to be better educated about the social and ethical implications of its research...
- The ESRC research ethics framework and research ethics review at UK universities: rebuilding the Tower of Babel REC by RECD L H Hunter
Lecturer in Bioethics, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Cromore Road, Coleraine, Co Londonderry BT52 1SA, UK
J Med Ethics 34:815-20. 2008The history of the National Health Service research ethics system in the UK and some of the key drivers for its change into the present system are described...
- Trials and tribulations of protecting children from environmental hazardsBruce P Lanphear
Cincinnati Children s Environmental Health Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:1609-12. 2006....
- Viewpoint: developing a research ethics consultation service to foster responsive and responsible clinical researchInmaculada de Melo-Martin
Division of Medical Ethics, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Acad Med 82:900-4. 2007Although clinical ethics has become a central, and welcome, component of the health care landscape, research ethics consultation services are still uncommon...
- A novel framework for reflecting on the functioning of research ethics review panelsColin Macduff
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Robert Gordon University, Garthdee Road, Aberdeen AB10 7QG, Scotland, UK
Nurs Ethics 14:99-116. 2007..of processes and findings resulting from a novel structured reflective exercise undertaken by a newly formed research ethics review panel in a university school of nursing and midwifery...
- A public health perspective on research ethicsD R Buchanan
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
J Med Ethics 32:729-33. 2006..From a public health perspective, research ethics should be guided by giving due consideration to the risks and benefits to society in addition to the ..
- The structure and function of research ethics committees in Africa: a case studyNancy E Kass
Phoebe R Berman Professor of Bioethics and Public Health, Berman Institute of Bioethics, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Med 4:e3. 2007
- Undertaking research in other countries: national ethico-legal barometers and international ethical consensus statementsLoane Skene
University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
PLoS Med 4:e10. 2007..Is it ethical for scientists to conduct or to benefit from research in another country if that research would be unlawful, or not generally accepted, in their own country?..
- Protecting the privacy of family members in survey and pedigree researchJ Botkin
Primary Children s Medical Center, 100 N Medical Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84113, USA
JAMA 285:207-11. 2001The recent controversy at Virginia Commonwealth University involving research ethics raises important and complex issues in survey and pedigree research...
- How do we know that research ethics committees are really working? The neglected role of outcomes assessment in research ethics reviewCarl H Coleman
Seton Hall Law School, Newark, New Jersey, USA
BMC Med Ethics 9:6. 2008Countries are increasingly devoting significant resources to creating or strengthening research ethics committees, but there has been insufficient attention to assessing whether these committees are actually improving the protection of ..
- The impact of conflict of interest on trust in sciencePaul J Friedman
University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093 8756, USA
Sci Eng Ethics 8:413-20. 2002..Our profession is education, and both the public and research professionals of all ages would benefit from greater understanding of how science should and does work...
- Research ethics and the challenge of whole-genome sequencingAmy L McGuire
Amy L McGuire is at the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Rev Genet 9:152-6. 2008..Although the issues are not new, we discuss their implications for personal genomics and provide recommendations for appropriate management in the context of research involving individual whole-genome sequencing...
- Research ethics and evidence based medicineR K Lie
Department of Clinical Bioethics, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
J Med Ethics 30:122-5. 2004..It has been thought that this is an issue only in extremely resource poor settings. This paper gives an example from the United Kingdom illustrating that this is also a problem faced by richer countries...
- Environmental health research on hazards in the home and the duty to warnDavid B Resnik
National Instituteof Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27516, USA
Bioethics 22:209-17. 2008..Investigators should discuss these issues with research subjects during the informed consent process...
- Neuroimaging abnormalities in major depressive disorder: effect of inflammationJonathan Savitz; Fiscal Year: 2013..d) I will obtain further training in research ethics and develop important "softer skills" such as conflict management, and the recruitment, supervision, and ..
- Integrin Regulation of Stretch-Activated Myometrial Signaling During Pregnancy anHeather R Burkin; Fiscal Year: 2012..but also included biochemistry and cell biology, developmental biology, genetics, microbiology, and research ethics. Prior to my PhD I was fortunate to work in three highly regarded laboratories with research focuses ranging ..
- Integrin Regulation of Stretch-Activated Myometrial Signaling During Pregnancy anHeather R Burkin; Fiscal Year: 2013..but also included biochemistry and cell biology, developmental biology, genetics, microbiology, and research ethics. Prior to my PhD I was fortunate to work in three highly regarded laboratories with research focuses ranging ..
- Prostaglandin signaling following seizuresJianxiong Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2013..RNA interference in the mouse hippocampus, take courses on advanced neuroscience techniques, research ethics and lab management, and participate in scientific meetings...
- Mechanisms for cell specific modulation of proliferation and migrationThomas S Monahan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Sarkar). Dr. Monahan will also receive additional training in laboratory management, research ethics, and scientific communication...
- Nanodiagnostics and Nanotherapeutics: Building Research Ethics and OversightSusan M Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2010This proposal on Nanodiagnostics and Nanotherapeutics:Building Research Ethics and Oversight responds to RFA-OD-009-0003, addressing Challenge Area "02: Bioethics" and Challenge Topic "Unique Ethical Issues Posed by Emerging Technologies,..
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY TRAINING IN PULMONARY RESEARCHMARK WALTER FRAMPTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..for training, supplemented by didactic courses, seminars, conferences, journal clubs, and instruction in research ethics, human and animal experimentation, and grant writing...
- Financial Risks and Ethnic/Racial Disparities in Live Kidney DonationTANJALA PURNELL; Fiscal Year: 2011..in research methods, including advanced techniques in study design and analysis, grant writing, and research ethics. Through attendance at national meetings as well as several advanced research seminars, held in the ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN RESPIRATORY BIOLOGYAnne I Sperling; Fiscal Year: 2013..creative informatics and genetics tools, in translational medicine to speed improvement in human health, in research ethics to address advances in biotechnology and critical illness, and in nanomedicine to facilitate ultrastructural ..
- E-Education in Research Ethics: Central and Eastern EuropeMARTIN STROSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..International Center (FIC)-supported graduate level online/onsite advanced certificate program to build research ethics capacity in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE)...
- Defining the role of Amot lipid binding in cellular proliferation and migrationANN CAROL KIMBLE-HILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..on their areas of research expertise, statistically relevant assay development, publication/grant writing and research ethics. Professional and scientific training will include utilizing institutional resource such as departmental and ..
- VitaminA and Sickle Cell Disease:Improving Suboptimal Status with SupplementationKELLY ANN DOUGHERTY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Dougherty's training will include advanced formal coursework in research design, biostatistics, research ethics and stable isotopes...
- BEHAVIOR AND PHYSIOLOGY IN AGINGHarvey Jay Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2013..nature of aging research, as well as professional development, research design and analysis, and research ethics. Potential fellows submit a detailed NIH-format research proposal (with input from their mentors), a ..
- The Biology of Exercise, Metabolism and AgingAndrew P Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..and basic science research, and didactic courses and seminars in gerontology and geriatrics, biostatistics, research ethics and scientific writing...
- Genetic and functional analyses of a novel locus associated with LDL-C and MIKiran Musunuru; Fiscal Year: 2013..him with didactic training in statistical genetics, genetic and genomic methods, experimental biology, and research ethics. Finally, it will promote his transition to an independent research position and provide him a robust ..
- Molecular Biology and Gene Therapy in Burns and TraumaLyle L Moldawer; Fiscal Year: 2013..of an experienced research mentor, but trainees will also be required to fulfill basic course work in research ethics and statistical methods, and will be encouraged to obtain supplemental didactic training in molecular biology,..
- The Effect of Low Frequency STN DBS on Sleep and Vigilance in PD PatientsAMY WILLIS AMARA; Fiscal Year: 2013..UAB has coursework in biostatistics, trial design, and research ethics. Finally, UAB is a recipient of the NIH Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) Program, providing ..
- Best Practices in Mental Health Research Ethics Conference SeriesJames M DuBois; Fiscal Year: 2010..and justice may provide a framework for ethical discourse (National Commission, 1979),empirical research on research ethics is necessary to determine effective and creative ways to protect and respect human participants (Sieber, 2004;..
- Disparities in CHD in the Jackson Heart StudyMario Sims; Fiscal Year: 2010..research: 1) research excellence in the area of CHD disparities, 2) advanced statistics and study design, 3) research ethics, 4) leadership and management, 5) presentation and teaching, and 6) scientific writing...
- MOUNT SINAI EMERGENCY MEDICINE RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMLynne D Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2013..revision;project management, budgeting, reporting, and research compliance;protection of human subjects and research ethics;clinical and research informatics;dissemination and implementation of evidence-based therapies and practices;..
- Chronic Conditions and Mutuality of Care in Late Life MarriageJOAN E MONIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..stress recovery, (3) complete coursework in epidemiology of aging, advanced epidemiologic statistics, and research ethics, and (4) attend workshops on dyadic data analysis...
- Excess androgen production in overweight pubertal girls--precursor to PCOSCHRISTINE MICHELE BURT SOLORZANO; Fiscal Year: 2013..plan that includes comprehensive instruction in clinical trials methodology, biostatistics, epidemiology, research ethics, assay methodology, and study design, partly via a Masters of Clinical Research. Dr...
- Environment, Psychosocial Stress and Self-regulatory DevelopmentSARA BURR JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..activities will include coursework, directed readings with mentors, hands-on instruction, and training in research ethics. The mentored research plan includes 3 studies and 3 research aims...
- Biotechnology Training in Biomedical Sciences and EngineeringYi Tang; Fiscal Year: 2013..molecular biotechnology from an engineer's perspective, the "Biotechnology Forum" course, and a class in research ethics. Life science trainees must work in the research laboratory of an engineering mentor for at least three ..
- Malaria transmission potential of the Anopheles punctutatus species complexLisa Reimer; Fiscal Year: 2013..Further training in statistics, study design and research ethics will allow her to develop skills necessary to conduct competitive and comprehensive research. Drs...
- Genetic Epidemiology of Treatment Resistant Hypertension in African AmericansCHRISTOPHER O apos BRIAN PHILLIPS; Fiscal Year: 2013..advanced biostatics and longitudinal data management, translational research, clinical trial design and research ethics. Third, the training environment and mentoring team are well aligned to provide both the necessary resources ..
- Exposure to antibiotics during infancy and subsequent risk of Crohn's disease: aMichael D Kappelman; Fiscal Year: 2013..goals are 1) to acquire the necessary background in genetics, genetic epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, and research ethics in order to conduct studies of gene-environment interactions in pediatric IBD, 2) to develop the professional ..
- The Use of Whole-Exome Sequencing to Guide the Care of Cancer PatientsPasi A Janne; Fiscal Year: 2013..oncology, cancer genomics, clinical cancer genetics, computational biology, outcomes research, and research ethics. Together, these efforts will define a scalable model for the integration of clinical sequencing into cancer ..
- Inflammatory Mechanisms of Puberty Dysregulation in ColitisMark Daniel DeBoer; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. DeBoer will also receive comprehensive instruction in neuroscience, genetics, biostatistics, and research ethics;this will occur in part through the courses in the UVa Graduate Sciences School and the Dept...
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Quality Improvement in Kerala (ACS QUIK)MARK DANIEL HUFFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..John Spertus, a national leader in the field. I will take courses in research ethics, program evaluation, and health economics to complement my prior training...
- UAB Public Health / Biomedical Research Training ProgramPAULINE EVADNE JOLLY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pre-departure training will include training in research ethics, cultural orientation and scientific methods such as experimental design, data collection and analysis and ..
- Disclosing Genomic Incidental Findings in a Cancer Biobank: An ELSI ExperimentSusan M Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project addresses a critical problem in translational genomics research ethics. The Specific Aims-which combine descriptive and normative objectives-are: (1) to assess preferences of ..
- Optimizing Antiretroviral Use in Aging: Pharmacokinetics, Response, and ToxicityJULIE BRUMER DUMOND; Fiscal Year: 2013..areas of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic theory and modeling, biostatistics, computational methods, and research ethics, in concert with hands-on modeling training...
- Neurotrophin- Chemokine Receptor Interactions Regulate Macrophage ActivationKIMBERLY S WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Career development seminars and training sessions through the Science, Training and Diversity office covers research ethics, how to manage the many hurdles faced as a translational researcher and being a woman of color in the ..
- Ethical Challenges for Research Extenders Responsible for the Integrity of CommunCelia B Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2010..base to enhance understanding of the linkages between REs'shared community attitudes toward addiction research ethics and their commitment to research integrity...
- Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Training ProgramSamuel L Jones; Fiscal Year: 2013..Program requirements include: (1) a weekly seminar series on topics related to research ethics and scientific and professional development;(2) a weekly journal club discussing interdisciplinary research ..
- Ethics of research in Latin American countries. Advanced ProgramFERNANDO S LOLAS; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This project implements research ethics training and develops a master level curriculum (18 months) for Latin American researchers and policymakers in order to improve their competencies for ..
- Informal Social Control of Partner Violence in Drug UsersVictoria Frye; Fiscal Year: 2010..to learn a new qualitative research methodology, concept mapping;and 4) to gain in-depth training in research ethics with vulnerable populations and in community settings...
- Integrating Genomic and Environmental Perspectives on Internalizing DisordersDANIEL E ADKINS; Fiscal Year: 2013..summer programs, reading groups, seminar series and conferences, with special attention to training in research ethics. Direct mentoring is a key feature of this program, with access to leading experts in each of the proposed ..
- Regulation of Leukemia Inhibitory Factor (LIF) for early embryo implantationSILVIA BEATRIZ RAMOS; Fiscal Year: 2013..she will pursue coursework in basic advanced molecular biology, modeling human disease in mice, and research ethics. The mentorship team, which includes internationally-recognized, independently-funded investigators with ..
- Creating Collaborative Research Ethics Education with Costa RicaElizabeth Heitman; Fiscal Year: 2010..A few national hospitals and academic medical centers have established research ethics committees, but only a small number of professionals have the knowledge of national and international ..
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY TRAINING PROGRAMCharles M Stein; Fiscal Year: 2013..Required courses of trainees include research ethics, responsible conduct of research, biostatistics and study design, drug regulation and development, and ..
- Drug Abuse-related Neurobiology and Genetic Variance Modeled in Rhesus MonkeysGREGORY MICHAEL MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..I will also participate in a variety of training experiences in the responsible conduct of research, and create a seminar presentation on research ethics that I will deliver to our community of researchers and students.
- Non-convulsive seizures in critically ill children:physiology and outcomeNICHOLAS SCOTT ABEND; Fiscal Year: 2013..Neuroscience Institute (focused on clinical research, outcomes research, biostatistics, neuroprotection, and research ethics), and participation in a wide array of research conferences. Dr...
- Reward-related Brain Functioning as an Endophenotype for DepressionThomas M Olino; Fiscal Year: 2013..and pathophysiology of depression;(2) complete coursework in affective neuroscience, fMRI, data analysis, and research ethics;(3) attend workshops on fMRI and neuroimaging data analysis;and (4) conduct a study examining critical tests ..
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN THE BIOLOGY OF DISEASE VECTORSGregory C Lanzaro; Fiscal Year: 2013..on responsible conduct of research as well as a series of lecture-discussion and guest-speaker seminars on research ethics offered through the Office of Research and Office of Graduate Studies...
- Ethical & Methodological Standards for Trials of Invasive Therapeutic ProceduresCarol M Ashton; Fiscal Year: 2010..Sources of material will include research ethics policies, textbooks and indexed medical literature, trial protocols, informed consent forms and other ..
- Novel Adherence Measurement and Intervention in Children with New-Onset EpilepsyAvani C Modi; Fiscal Year: 2012..longitudinal design and statistical analyses, clinical trials methodology, grant writing skills, and research ethics. The proposed research plan consists of three major aims...
- Racial disparities in access to high quality hospitals for coronary heart diseaseIoana Popescu; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Career Plan includes advanced training in: 1) hierarchical biostatistical modeling and clinical research ethics;2) the application of spatial analysis and geographic information systems methods in health care;and 3) ..
- Neurological Emergencies Treatment Trials (NETT) Network Clinical Site Hubs....David W Wright; Fiscal Year: 2013..research by enhancing NETT operations, expanding the NETT research portfolio, contributing to the dialog on research ethics, and disseminating discoveries to the community...
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance IMaging During ArrhythmiaAravindan Kolandaivelu; Fiscal Year: 2013..in advanced topics in MRI research, image integrated computational modeling, clinical study design, and research ethics. The mentored research potion of this career development award will focus on cardiac magnetic resonance ..
- Labor Migration and Multilevel HIV PreventionSTEVAN MERRILL WEINE; Fiscal Year: 2013..mentees direct consultation from the senior mentors, formal courses and seminars, training regarding research ethics, and mentees'direct involvement in a research project...
- The Effects of Nicotine on a Translational Model of Working MemoryDAVID ALDERSON MACQUEEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Stephen Heishman). The applicant will also complete coursework in pharmacology, research ethics, grantsmanship, and statistical methods, and will complete a supervised neuropsychology practicum on the use ..
- INSTITUTIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM IN NUTRITIONNancy F Krebs; Fiscal Year: 2013..The training program typically provides 2-3 years of research training and includes formal training in research ethics, research methodology and data analysis...
- An fMRI study of the brain circuitry of sad emotion in bereavementPeter J Freed; Fiscal Year: 2011..disorders, bereavement, statistics, and neuroanatomy, as well as coursework in statistics, neuroimaging, and research ethics, will assist in this effort...
- Summer Research Experience for Veterinary StudentsMark L Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2010..biomedical research, b) All trainees will be trained in the scientific method and associated concepts such as research ethics, and be capable of applying this knowledge;c) All trainees will be aware of the variety of career ..
- The Role of Development Assistance for Health in Reducing Child MortalityChunling Lu; Fiscal Year: 2013..to advance statistical skills for time-series and multilevel studies;and (4) to obtain training in research ethics and develop concepts and skills for grant writing...
- EAEC Infection in HIV-infected Patients in HaitiRebecca A Dillingham; Fiscal Year: 2012..the evaluation of bacterial causes and host responses to enteric infections and in clinical trial design and research ethics in resource-limited settings...
- Common Themes in Reproductive DiversityEllen D Ketterson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Reproductive Diversity, (2) a second hands-on methods course, Techniques in Reproductive Diversity, and 3) a Research Ethics course, all to be co- taught by the training faculty and enhanced by a tradition of involving visiting ..
- UM-IHV AITRP in NigeriaWILLIAM ALBERT BLATTNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..with academic partners, has developed training curricula in statistical methods in epidemiology, research ethics, HTV-related cancer epidemiology, and scientific writing...
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR PARASITOLOGY TRAINING PROGRAM NIATimothy P Yoshino; Fiscal Year: 2012..Trainees are required to take a formal course in research ethics designed as an introduction to issues surrounding the ethical conduct of research, attend lectures in the UW ..
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN INTEGRATIVE MEMBRANE BIOLOGYScott M Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2013..biochemistry and biophysics, and on links between membrane defects and human diseases, as well as a class in research ethics. They also take introductory and/or advanced courses in Cellular and Systems Physiology, Pharmacology, or ..
- TRAINING ON RESEARCH BIOETHICS (TORB)Harun Rashid; Fiscal Year: 2005..Training on Research Bioethics for multidisciplinary participants and Supporting relevant studies on research ethics. The duration of the program will be of 4 years...
- ETHICS COURSE SCIENTIST-PARTICIPANT PARTNERSHIPSCelia Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2000..the perspectives of participants and family members from ethnically and economically diverse populations view research ethics practices...
- Building a Joint International IRB for Moi University and Indiana UniversityERIC MARK MESLIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..specific training to the joint ERC members, administrators and staff to ensure that they have sufficient research ethics competency to undertake reviews of collaborative international protocols...
- ETHICAL ISSUES IN INTERNATIONAL HEALTH RESEARCHRichard Cash; Fiscal Year: 2000..b>Research ethics as practiced in the US and as written in international guidelines are not always well understood or ..
- A MODULAR SHORT COURSE IN RESEARCH ETHICSCaroline Whitbeck; Fiscal Year: 2001Ours is a project to develop, offer, evaluate, and disseminate ten or eleven modules on topics in research ethics together with a method for offering them in a series to form a short course...
- A MODULAR SHORT COURSE IN RESEARCH ETHICSCaroline Whitbeck; Fiscal Year: 2000Ours is a project to develop, offer, evaluate, and disseminate ten or eleven modules on topics in research ethics together with a method for offering them in a series to form a short course...
- A PRACTICUM IN CLINICAL RESEARCH ETHICSDavid Strauss; Fiscal Year: 2001..Course: A Practicum in Research Ethics We have a developed a course in applied research ethics for clinical investigators and members of ..
- A PRACTICUM IN CLINICAL RESEARCH ETHICSDavid Strauss; Fiscal Year: 2000..Course: A Practicum in Research Ethics We have a developed a course in applied research ethics for clinical investigators and members of ..
- Botswana Research Ethics Network: A Cross-National Approach to Ethics ReviewJon F Merz; Fiscal Year: 2010..The aims of this project are to lay the foundation for a Botswana Research Ethics Network that will: 1. facilitate ongoing communications among IRBs in Botswana and IRBs at U.S...
- Buildiing Research Ethics Capacity in Peru and the USJesus Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2004The development, and institutionalization, of research ethics is at a relatively early stage in Peru. This process has been stimulated, in part, by the requirements of US collaborative projects...
- International Public Health Research Ethics Education and Curriculum DevelopmentBenfu Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..Peking University Health Science Center (PUHSC), to develop a graduate level of curriculum for Public Health Research Ethics and try a pilot training test, and in the end to publish a series of practicable textbooks of public health ..
- SHORT COURSE AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN RESEARCH ETHICSAlbert Jonsen; Fiscal Year: 2000..additional training in human subjects research issues, through participation in a Certificate Program in Research Ethics. Certificate participants will be poised to serve as resources to their communities on these issues...
- NEUROANATOMY AND PHARMACOTHERAPY OF OCD AND MAJOR DEPRESSanjaya Saxena; Fiscal Year: 2003..functional neuroimaging, quantitative image analysis, biostatistics, research design, and research ethics. Building upon his prior work in functional brain imaging in OCD and MDD, as well as in pharmacotherapy for ..
- EFFECTS OF TREATMENT ON EARLY ONSET PERIODONTITISFrank Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2003..The didactic portion of the training emphasizes courses in clinical research ethics as well as courses in study design, biostatistics, epidemiology, and outcomes assessment...