Summary: A method of ETHICAL ANALYSIS that emphasizes practical problem solving through examining individual cases that are considered to be representative; sometimes used to denote specious argument or rationalization. Differentiate from casuistics, which is the recording and study of cases and disease.
Publications158 found, 100 shown here
- Getting down to cases: the revival of casuistry in bioethicsJ D Arras
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10467
J Med Philos 16:29-51. 1991..Focusing on The Abuse of Casuistry by A. Jonsen and S...
- Casuistry and principlism: the convergence of method in biomedical ethicsM Kuczewski
Center for the Study of Bioethics, Medical College of Wisconsin 53211, USA
Theor Med Bioeth 19:509-24. 1998b>Casuistry and principlism are two of the leading contenders to be considered the methodology of bioethics...
- Methods and principles in biomedical ethicsT L Beauchamp
Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Med Ethics 29:269-74. 2003..It is argued in the selling kidneys for transplantation scenario that a fair system of regulating and monitoring would be better than the present system which the author believes to be a shameful failure...
- Does empirical research make bioethics more relevant? "The embedded researcher" as a methodological approachStella Reiter-Theil
Institute for Applied Ethics and Medical Ethics, University of Basel, Missions Strasse 21A, CH 4055 Basel, Switzerland
Med Health Care Philos 7:17-29. 2004..Where is the empirical approach discussed in bioethics related to the ongoing debate about principlism versus casuistry? Can we consider an integrative model of research in medical ethics and which empirical methodology could then ..
- Moral reasoning--the unrealized place of casuistry in medical ethicsStephen J Louw
Int Psychogeriatr 17:149-54. 2005
- Medical narrativeRandal Rockney
Hasbro Children s Hospital, 593 Eddy St, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Med Health R I 86:75-7. 2003
- [Decision aid for cancer in pregnancy. An introduction to casuistic bioethics]C Schafer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Strahlentherapie, Universitatsklinikum Regensburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 128:887-90. 2003
- Bioethics as a second-order discipline: who is not a bioethicist?Loretta M Kopelman
Department of Medical Humanities, Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina 27834, USA
J Med Philos 31:601-28. 2006..Candidates include analyses of expertise based in "philosophical ethics," "casuistry," "atheoretical or situation ethics," "conventionalist relativism," "institutional guidance," "regulatory ..
- Theory can be relevant: an overview of bioethics for the practicing child and adolescent psychiatristMary Lynn Dell
Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, 492 Ponce de Leon Manor NE, Atlanta, GA 30307, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 17:1-19, vii. 2008....
- Conjoined twins and Catholic moral analysis: extraordinary means and casuistical consistencyM Cathleen Kaveny
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, USA
Kennedy Inst Ethics J 12:115-40. 2002....
- Advancing a casuistic model of clinical decision making: a response to commentatorsMark R Tonelli
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98198 6522, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 13:504-7. 2007
- Integrating evidence into clinical practice: an alternative to evidence-based approachesMark R Tonelli
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine and, Department of Medical History and Ethics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 6522, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 12:248-56. 2006..The skilled clinician must weigh these potentially conflicting evidentiary and non-evidentiary warrants for action, employing both practical and theoretical reasoning, in order to arrive at the best choice for an individual patient...
- The complex, the exhausted and the personal: reflections on the relationship between evidence-based medicine and casuistry. Commentary on Tonelli (2006), Integrating evidence into clinical practice: an alternative to evidence-based approaches. Journal of Ross E G Upshur
Primary Care Research Unit, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Eval Clin Pract 12:281-8. 2006
- The future for medical epistemology? Commentary on Tonelli (2006), Integrating evidence into clinical practice: an alternative to evidence-based approaches. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 12, 248-256Michael Loughlin
Manchester Metropolitan University, Alsager, Stoke on Trent, UK
J Eval Clin Pract 12:289-91. 2006
- Evidence and casuistry. Commentary on Tonelli (2006), Integrating evidence into clinical practice: an alternative to evidence-based approaches. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 12, 248-256Toby Lipman
Westerhope Medical Group, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Eval Clin Pract 12:269-72. 2006
- Beyond 'evidence'. Commentary on Tonelli (2006), Integrating evidence into clinical practice: an alternative to evidence-based approaches. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 12, 248-256M Gupta
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
J Eval Clin Pract 12:296-8. 2006
- Benchmarking in thoracic surgeryJorge L Freixinet
Thoracic Surgery Service, Hospital de Gran Canaria Dr Negrin, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 40:124-9. 2011..Presentation of an experience in benchmarking in 13 university Spanish thoracic surgery services...
- [Retrospective study of preterm newborn infants at the ambulatory of specialities Jardim Peri-Peri]Silvia Helena Tavares Lorena
Ambulatório Municipal de Especialidades Jardim Peri Peri, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Oftalmol 72:360-4. 2009....
- The importance of meta-ethics in engineering educationDavid R Haws
Department of Civil Engineering, Boise State University, ID 83725, USA
Sci Eng Ethics 10:204-10. 2004..Heuristics offers a tool to deal independently with moral questions, but a tool that too frequently reduces to casuistry when rigidly applied to "simplified" dilemmas...
- [Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography in the endovascular treatment of thoracic aortic aneurysms]F Chierichetti
U O di Chirurgia Vascolare, Azienda Ospedaliera Ospedale di Busto Arsizio Busto Arsizio, Varese, Italy
Minerva Chir 61:39-44. 2006..Our purpose is to confirm, on the basis of our experience, the validity of this technique chosen both by us and by other groups with a wider casuistry.
- Bioethics as methodological case resolution: specification, specified principlism and casuistryA S Iltis
Department of Philosophy, Rice Unviersity, Houston, TX 77005, USA
J Med Philos 25:271-84. 2000..The authors consider how the move away from theory and toward actual cases is best accomplished. In particular, the debate in this issue is about specification, specified principlism, and casuistry.
- From cure to palliation: concept, decision and acceptanceR Lofmark
Centre for Bioethics at Karolinska Institutet and Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Med Ethics 33:685-8. 2007..The responses are analysed in terms of four ethical theories: virtue ethics, deontology, consequentialism and casuistry. Many virtues considered to be appropriate for healthcare personnel to possess were invoked...
- An argument for the use of Aristotelian method in bioethicsPeter Allmark
Department of Acute and Critical Care Nursing, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, S5 7AU, UK
Med Health Care Philos 9:69-79. 2006..that give a primary place to moral theory (such as utilitarianism) and those that eschew moral theory (such as casuistry and social science approaches)...
- Nocardiosis in a kidney-pancreas transplantI Fontana
Department of Transplantation, San Martino University Hospital, L go R Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
J Transplant 2010:573234. 2010..was started and continued for three months, with the complete resolution of infection This case is reported for its rarity in our casuistry, and for its difficult differential diagnosis with other potentially serious infections.
- [Life-threatening complications caused by Argas reflexus (Ixodoidea, Argasidae)]R J Bauch
Referenzlaboratorium für Medizinische Arachno Entomologie der DDR, Bezirks Hygieneinspektion und institut Leipzig
Z Gesamte Hyg 36:308-11. 1990..Beside a casuistry the article contains references to prompt measures--especially for the first-aid doctor-and following tasks for ..
- Specified principlism: what is it, and does it really resolve cases better than casuistry?C Strong
Department of Human Values and Ethics, College of Medicine, University of Tennessee, Memphis 38163, USA
J Med Philos 25:323-41. 2000..Proponents of specified principlism have attempted to defend it by arguing that it is superior to casuistry, but it can be shown that their arguments are faulty...
- Long-term results of tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) for the treatment of female urinary stress incontinenceG Chene
Urogynaecology Unit, Maternity Hôtel Dieu, Clermont Ferrand University Hospital, 11 Boulevard Léon Malfreyt, 63058 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 134:87-94. 2007..Prospective evaluation of outcome and complications over a 5-year period post-treatment of urinary stress incontinence by TVT, and comparison of our results with the reference studies...
- Proximal ureteral calculi: shock wave or ureterolithotripsy?Renato N Pedro
Division of Urology, University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Urol Int 81:198-201. 2008..b>CASUISTRY AND METHODS: A prospective non-randomized study was performed between 1999 and 2004...
- Use of methotrexate in young patients with respect to the reproductive systemE Gromnica-Ihle
Rheumatology Center St Bonifatius, Munich, Germany
Clin Exp Rheumatol 28:S80-4. 2010..Individual casuistry also exists. An abortion rate of 23% was found to result from these case reports...
- On transplanting human fetal tissue: presumptive duties and the task of casuistryR B Miller
Department of Religious Studies, Indiana University, Bloomington 47405
J Med Philos 14:617-40. 1989..Thus, even those who object unequivocally to elective abortion may condone the procurement of fetal tissue, if sufficient reason exists...
- The "con" of concept analysis A discussion paper which explores and critiques the ontological focus, reliability and antecedents of concept analysis frameworksSue Beckwith
Centre for Research in Primary and Community Care, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Int J Nurs Stud 45:1831-41. 2008..Six frameworks rely on or include the use of casuistry. Seven of the frameworks identified are predicated on, or adapt the work of Wilson, a school master writing for ..
- Ethical hot spots of combined individual and group therapy: applying four ethical systemsVirginia M Brabender
Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology at Widener University, Chester, PA, USA
Int J Group Psychother 59:127-47. 2009..These approaches are: virtue ethics, feminist ethics, and casuistry. An analysis of three vignettes illustrates how these contrasting ethical models not only expand the range of ..
- [Agenesis of the gallbladder]J R Usandivaras
Clínica del Sector Mujeres, Servicio de Cirugía General del Hstal A C Padilla, l Cátedra de Patología y Clínica Quirúrgicas de la U N T, Argentina
Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam 33:99-102. 2003..Therefore it is an intraoperative discovery. In this work two new cases are added to casuistry; both them have received laparotomic treatment...
- [Repair of umbilical hernia in postmenopausal women]G Benfatto
Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Vittorio Emanuele Ferrarotto S Bambino, Dipartimento di Chirurgia, Catania
G Chir 28:439-42. 2007..In our casuistry the reported morbidity due to immediate complications is absolutely negligible...
- Statistical association criteria in forensic psychiatry-a criminological evaluation of casuistryG Costea
National Institute of Legal Medicine, Bucharest, Romania
J Med Life 4:21-9. 2011..Identification of potential shared primary psychoprophylaxis and crime prevention is measured by analyzing the rate of commitments for patients-subjects to forensic examination...
- ["There is no room for more"--case report of a Kurdish adolescent with an eating disorder in relation to family background of political persecution]Barbara Brautigam
Klinik für Kinder und Jugendmedizin der Medizinischen Universität zu Lübeck, Arbeitsgruppe für Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 51:559-70. 2002..A casuistry shall show the specific problems and needs in the psychosomatic treatment of foreign children and adolescents, ..
- [Case reports of family members with multiple occurrences of aortic dissection]K Zeman
Interní oddelení Nemocnice ve Frýdku Místku
Cas Lek Cesk 144:320-3; discussion 324. 2005..It can be important for the early identification of individuals at risk. In our casuistry we describe a family with the accumulation of aortal dissection coinciding with Marfan syndrome from the mother'..
- [Computerization in urgency and emergency care]Pablo Busca
Servicio de Urgencias, Hospital de Donostia, San Sebastian 20018, Spain
An Sist Sanit Navar 33:69-76. 2010..of information, which these systems provide us with, will make it possible to determine and compare the casuistry and case mix of the EDs...
- [A less common cause of malabsorption syndrome]R Sroubková
Gastroenterologické centrum IV interní kliniky 1 LF UK a VFN, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 142:300-2. 2003b>Casuistry of a 59-year-old woman is presented. The patient was examined for nephrotic syndrome with relapsing stenosis of vena cava inferior treated with stent implantation and with severe protein-caloric malnutrition...
- [Is the extent of present examination of blood donors sufficient? Malignancies in active blood donors]J Kuntscherová
Vseobecné lékarství, Kamenice nad Lipou
Cas Lek Cesk 147:113-6. 2008b>Casuistry brings the evidence that the present extent of examination before each blood donation is not sufficient for the identification of malignancies...
- [Diagnosis of sylvian and perisylvian epilepsies. Excitation symptomes of the insula reilii]H Stefan
Epilepsiezentrum Erlangen ZEE Neurologische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum, Erlangen
Nervenarzt 78:1175-81. 2007..As the literature of such casuistry is poor, some own cases are presented...
- [Combined immunosuppressive therapy in patients with pemphigus vulgaris and its side effects]N Vojácková
Dermatovenerologická klinika 2 LF UK a FN Na Bulovce, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 144:833-5. 2005..Our casuistry gives a case of patients with histologically verified diagnosis of pemphigus vulgaris...
- [Henri Atlan's levels of ethics and the challenge of the "fourth level"]Ana Maria Coutinho Aleksandrowicz
Departamento de Ciências Sociais, ENSP, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 21041 210
Cien Saude Colet 13:407-16. 2008..It underlines Atlan's defense of casuistry towards bioethics dilemmas and associates it to his proposal of different levels of ethics...
- High division of the median nerve in the carpal tunnel: anatomical observationsS Castorina
Department of Anatomy, University of Catania
Ital J Anat Embryol 106:119-26. 2001Here are analysed personal observation about high duplication of median nerve at the wrist. Here are reported 18 cases on 3300 operations for carpal tunnel. The results are compared with the literary casuistry.
- The role of diagnostic hysteroscopy in infertile womenG F Brusco
Azienda Ospedaliera di Perugia, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 53:313-9. 2001..The aim of this study was to verify the incidence of uterine anomalies in sterile couples and evaluate the efficacy of diagnostic hysteroscopy in subjects with possible alterations in this organ...
- [Therapeutic response and survival in patients with hairy cell leukemia in a third level institution]Karina Teresita González-Rodríguez
Departamento de Hematología y Oncología, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador, Zubirán, Mexico
Gac Med Mex 148:425-9. 2012in Mexico published casuistry concerning hairy cell leukemia (HCL) is limited.
- What is applied about "applied" philosophy?L M Kopelman
Department of Medical Humanities, East Carolina School of Medicine, Greenville, NC 27858
J Med Philos 15:199-218. 1990..Strong and weak versions of each of these foundationalist views are considered but none establish these fields as derivative...
- [Change of antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected patients]I Pedreira Vázquez
Servicio de Farmacia, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario Juan Canalejo, 15006 A Coruna
Farm Hosp 28:48-54. 2004..The aim of our study was to assess the reasons for therapy change in both treatment-naive and treatment-experienced patients, and to know the casuistry of antiretroviral therapy change.
- Dax redacted: the economies of truth in bioethicsT Chambers
Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, USA
J Med Philos 21:287-302. 1996..In conclusion, the issue of the applied nature of bioethics is examined...
- A historical perspective of casuistry and its application to contemporary biomedical ethicsAlexander J Lozano
Florida Council for Catholic scholarship, USA
Linacre Q 70:37-45. 2003
- Ethical dilemmas in hematologic/oncologic emergenciesK V Iserson
Arizona Bioethics Program, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson
Emerg Med Clin North Am 11:531-43. 1993..This article describes those values, basic ethical systems, a rapid ethical decision-making model, and specific ethical dilemmas faced by emergency physicians who treat patients with hematologic and oncologic emergencies...
- Bioethics: secular philosophy, Jewish law and modern medicineA Steinberg
Program of Medical Ethics, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr J Med Sci 25:404-9. 1989..This article analyzes the differences between Jewish and secular philosophies regarding fundamental moral theories relevant to modern medical ethics...
- Hermeneutical clinical ethics: a commentaryS L Daniel
Division of Education, American Academy of Neurology, Minneapolis, MN 55414
Theor Med 15:133-9. 1994..Suggestions are made for implementing hermeneutical ethics in clinical teaching...
- Occult and obscure gastrointestinal bleeding: Causes and diagnostic approach in 2009Giampaolo Bresci
Giampaolo Bresci, UO Gastroenterrologia, AOUPisana, Pisa 56125, Italy
World J Gastrointest Endosc 1:3-6. 2009..6% of all digestive haemorrhages, in our casuistry), they are notoriously difficult to diagnose...
- [Brazilian lyme-like disease or Baggio-Yoshinari syndrome: exotic and emerging Brazilian tick-borne zoonosis]Natalino Hajime Yoshinari
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP
Rev Assoc Med Bras 56:363-9. 2010..Careful analysis of Brazilian LD-like illness casuistry showed that epidemiological, clinical and laboratorial features in the country were very different from those ..
- Recurrent complicated colon diverticulitis in renal transplanted patientM Utech
Department of General Surgery, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Transplant Proc 38:716-7. 2006..The present casuistry emphasizes that the immunocompromised patient can undergo diverticulitis twice, and that primary anastomosis is ..
- CD226 rs763361 is associated with the susceptibility to type 1 diabetes and greater frequency of GAD65 autoantibody in a Brazilian cohortTeresa Cristina Colvara Mattana
Laboratório de Carboidratos e Radioimunoensaio LIM 18, Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Avenida Dr Arnaldo 455, 01246 903 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Mediators Inflamm 2014:694948. 2014..b>Casuistry. 532 T1D patients and 594 controls in a case-control study...
- [Characteristics and indications of topiramate]M Nieto-Barrera
Servicio de Neuropediatría Hospital Infantil Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla, Espana
Rev Neurol 35:S88-95. 2002..To do so, we have made use of an analysis of the literature, together with a multi centre study conducted in Spain and personal casuistry.
- [Family and risk factors related to alcohol consumption and smoking among children and adolescents (Guayaquil-Ecuador)]Martha Ramírez Ruiz
Escuela de Enfermeria, Universidad de Guayaquil, Ecuador
Rev Lat Am Enfermagem 13:813-8. 2005..To emphasize that unquestionable the reduction of the casuistry of alcoholism and/or tabaquismo to influence significantly in the quality of the individuals life.
- What really separates casuistry from principlism in biomedical ethicsPaul Cudney
Department of Philosophy, Georgetown University, 215 New North Hall, 37th and O Streets, N W, Washington, DC, 20057, USA
Theor Med Bioeth 35:205-29. 2014..The main rival for Beauchamp and Childress's account, principlism, has consistently been casuistry, an account that recommends argument by analogy from paradigm cases...
- [Episodic tension-type headache: clinical evaluation of 50 patients]André Palma da Cunha Matta
Hospital Universitario Antonio Pedro, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 64:95-9. 2006..Clinical aspects, family history and impact on work activities were studied. The casuistry was made up of 40 women and 10 men. The average age was 30 (+/-12) years...
- A crisis in chronic pain care: an ethical analysis. Part two: proposed structure and function of an ethics of pain medicineJames Giordano
Deparment of Medicine, Georgetown University, Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Pain Physician 11:589-95. 2008..A number of ethical systems (such as the use of principles, utilitarianism, casuistry, feminist/care orientations) all have relative merit and potential limitations...
- Phronesis in clinical ethicsG McGee
Center for Bioethics, University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia 19104, USA
Theor Med 17:317-28. 1996..Such an approach is articulated and defended...
- [Incidence of cerebral vascular accident]Maria Eduarda C Augusto
Servico de Medicina, Hospital Cândido de Figueiredo, Tondela
Acta Med Port 15:23-7. 2002..647 cases were studied from the existent registration in this hospital. In our casuistry, the ischemia CVS was present in 91.8% but compared to the total amount of internments it was 10.44% in average...
- Medical ethics and double effect: the case of terminal sedationJoseph Boyle
Department of Philosophy, University of Toronto, St Michael s College, Ontario, Canada
Theor Med Bioeth 25:51-60. 2004..The doctrine of double effect is rooted in Catholic moral casuistry, but its application in law and morality need not depend on the particular framework in which it was developed...
- Fall from height in a stairwell - mechanics and simulation analysisWojciech Wach
Institute of Forensic Research, ul Westerplatte 9, 31 033 Krakow, Poland Electronic address
Forensic Sci Int 244:136-51. 2014..fall has its own specificity, which, making the use of methodological generalisations difficult, increases the significance of casuistry. The presented analysis can prove very useful in providing guidelines on investigating other cases.
- Casuistry as methodology in clinical ethicsA R Jonsen
Department of Medical History and Ethics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195
Theor Med 12:295-307. 1991This essay focuses on how casuistry can become a useful technique of practical reasoning for the clinical ethicist or ethics consultant...
- [Medico-legal assessment of selected cases of perinatal complications resulting in death of the woman during childbirth. Medical error or therapeutic failure?]Małgorzata Chowaniec
Zakładu Medycyny Sadowej Slaskiej Akademii Medycznej w Katowicach
Arch Med Sadowej Kryminol 55:115-9. 2005..authors have investigated medical documentation supported by the results of autopsies of cases chosen from the casuistry of the Forensic Medicine Department, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice...
- [Incidence of dengue in children and adolescents]N Orozco Hechavarría
Policlínico Docente José Martí, Santiago de Cuba
Rev Cubana Med Trop 53:16-9. 2001..The incidence of the disease in the casuistry was low, with well-nourished males without histories of chronic processes and good clinical recovery prevailing...
- Medicine and evidence: knowledge and action in clinical practiceAndrew Miles
Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Health and Social Care Research, Medical School at Guy s, King s College and St Thomas Hospitals, King s College School of Medicine, University of London, UK
J Eval Clin Pract 13:481-503. 2007
- Disability or end-of-life? Competing narratives in bioethicsJoseph Kaufert
University of Manitoba, Faculty of Medicine, Centre for Aboriginal Health Research, Department of Community Health Sciences, Winnipeg, Canada
Theor Med Bioeth 24:459-69. 2003..The lessons of this story, and the conflict that resulted, speak critically to the limits of simple teaching cases as well as the strengths of narrative analysis as a tool for the exploration of bioethical case histories...
- [Values of the autopsy in the university hospitals illustrated by the casuistry]S Duband
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Bellevue, CHU de Saint Etienne, 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 2, France
Rev Med Interne 29:94-9. 2008..Clinical autopsy rate have been declining since the 1950s, but it remains a useful investigation tool...
- [Mediastinal cystic teratoma. Review of two cases]Carmen Elena Fuenmayor-M
Unidad de Anatomía Patológica, Instituto Autónomo Hospital Universidad de los Andes, Merida, Venezuela
Invest Clin 48:509-14. 2007..These cases appeared during the last semester of the year 2000 and represent the casuistry of the University Hospital of The Andes (IAHULA) between 1996 and 2005...
- Wisdom, casuistry, and the goal of reproductive counselingAnders Nordgren
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences Biomedical Ethics, Uppsala University, Uppsala Science Park, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Med Health Care Philos 5:281-9. 2002....
- A memo from the central office: the "Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services"K W Wildes
Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Georgetown University, USA
Kennedy Inst Ethics J 5:133-9. 1995..The Directives represent a shift to an exclusively principle-based approach to moral reason. This shift threatens to undermine the very tradition that the bishops seek to protect...
- Casuistry and the moral continuum. Evaluating animal biotechnologyAutumn Fiester
Department of Medical Ethics and the Center for Bioethics, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3308, USA
Politics Life Sci 25:15-22. 2006..To begin to define this continuum, we use the bioethical method of casuistry to analyze one case at the end of moral permissibility, and we contrast it with a case that is located at the ..
- [Optic nerve lesions in diabetes mellitus]Florica Ignat
Clinica de Oftalmologie Craiova
Oftalmologia 54:39-43. 2002..700 diabetic patients which belonged to the common casuistry of the Ophthalmologic Clinic and Diabetic and Nutrition Diseases Clinic in Craiova...
- Atypical course of the median nerveZ Haviarova
Dept of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University, Sasinkova 2, SK 813 72 Bratislava, Slovakia
Bratisl Lek Listy 102:372-3. 2001Work in the form of anatomical casuistry is presenting and describing the atypical course of the median nerve found in both upper limbs of one of the cadavers in the Department of Anatomy of Medical Faculty of Comenius University in ..
- [Use of pentaglobin in the treatment of sepsis in the patient undergoing intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy]M Vaira
Centro di Chirurgia Oncologica Avanzata, Torino
Tumori 89:296-7. 2003..So, even with the exiguity of our casuistry, we obtained a better and more rapid clinical control of the patients respect to the previous period when the ..
- The influence of configuration and location of ruptured distal cerebral anterior artery aneurysms on their treatment modality and results: analysis of our casuistry and literature reviewMario Nazareno Carvi Y Nievas
Department of Neurosurgery, Städtische Kliniken Frankfurt am Main Höchst, FFM Höchst, Germany
Neurol Res 32:73-81. 2010..To assess the influence of configuration and location of ruptured distal cerebral anterior artery aneurysms on their treatment modality and results...
- Four approaches to doing ethicsB H Levi
Carle Hospital and Clinic, Urbana, Illinois, USA
J Med Philos 21:7-39. 1996..differences in orientation, and particularly the tone and educational emphasis, that attend four major contemporary approaches to ethical inquiry and analysis: deductivism, principlism, modern casuistry, and feminist/relationist ethics.
- What's in a name? A commentary on Tonelli (2007) 'Advancing a casuistic model of clinical decision making: a response to commentators'Mona Gupta
Mental Health in Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Women s College Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Eval Clin Pract 13:508-9. 2007
- Ethical case deliberation and decision makingDiego Gracia
Department of Public Health and History of Science, School of Medicine, Complutense University of Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Med Health Care Philos 6:227-33. 2003..Others looked to other philosophical traditions, like Principlism, Hermeneutics, Narrativism, Casuistry, Pragmatism, etc. This paper defends the view that deliberation is the cornerstone of any adequate methodology...
- Rationality in medicine. A commentary on Tonelli (2007) 'Advancing a casuistic model of clinical decision making: a response to commentators'Olli S Miettinen
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Occupational Health, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Eval Clin Pract 13:510-1. 2007
- [Evaluation of detoxification procedures - treatment of poisonings in opinionating casuistry of the Department of Forensic Medicine in Poznań--failures and mistakes]Roman Wachowiak
Z Katedry i Zakładu Medycyny Sadowej im K Marcinkowskiego Akademii Medycznej w Poznaniu
Arch Med Sadowej Kryminol 57:236-44. 2007
- Achievements and challenges upon the implementation of a program for national control of congenital Chagas in Bolivia: results 2004-2009Cristina Alonso-Vega
APEFE, Programa Nacional de Control de Chagas, Ministry of Health, La Paz, Bolivia
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2304. 2013..we report results obtained during the implementation of the congenital Chagas program, one of the biggest casuistry in congenital Chagas disease, led by National Program of Chagas and Belgian cooperation from 2004 to 2009...
- Knowledge of doctors and nurses on pain in patients undergoing craniotomyMaria do Carmo de Oliveira Ribeiro
Universidade Federal de Sergipe, Departamento de Enfermagem, Sao Cristovao, SE, Brazil
Rev Lat Am Enfermagem 20:1057-63. 2012..Cross-sectional and analytical study. The casuistry is constituted of 30 doctors and 30 nurses. The results revealed that 83.3 % of the nurses were female, 63...
- [Juvenile angiofibroma of the nasopharynx--clinical diagnosis and therapy]Ramila Sladoje
Institute of Otorhinolaryngology and Maxillofacial Surgery, Clinical Centre of Serbia, Belgrade
Srp Arh Celok Lek 130:402-5. 2002..Our retrospective study is aimed at presenting clinical casuistry of the tumour in order to evaluate modern diagnostic and therapeutic possibilities...
- [Breast cancer and pregnancy. Analysis of our casuistry and literature review]Fernando Martín Cañadas
Servicio de Obstetricia y Ginecologia, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Espana
Ginecol Obstet Mex 71:387-93. 2003..9 months. Otherwise the results are not significant; it shows a higher incidence of disseminate carcinomas diagnose in the pregnant patients (14.3% vs. 4.9%), a higher recidives (50% vs. 37.4%) and a higher mortality (50% vs. 30.3)...
- [Modern variant of hanging: use of a time-programmed winch]Angelika Krill
Institut fur Rechtsmedizin, Universitat des Saarlandes
Arch Kriminol 209:110-5. 2002..As a modern variation of hanging, the presented casuistry can partly complete the familiar documentation of historical cases with the use of block and tackle and similar ..
- Angular analysis of corpus callosum in 18 patients with frontonasal dysplasiaSilvyo David Araújo Giffoni
Departamento de Genética Médica, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brasil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 62:195-8. 2004Considering the rarity of the frontonasal dysplasia (FD) and the few reports about it in a large casuistry using magnetic resonance image (MRI), we describe the results of the angular analysis of the corpus callosum of 18 individuals ..
- [Localized fibrous tumor of the pleura: analysis of 11 new cases]Luis Baquero
Interno do Internato Complementar Cirurgia Cardiotorácica do Hospital de Santa Marta, Lisbon, Portugal
Rev Port Pneumol 9:493-501. 2003..From August 1995 to January 2003, in the casuistry of the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery in Santa Marta's Hospital, were analyzed all the patients with the ..
- Facial artery flaps in facial oncoplastic reconstructionTommaso Fabrizio
Unit of Plastic Surgery, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico della Basilicata, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rionero in Vulture, Italy
Facial Plast Surg 29:333-9. 2013..In consideration of the dimension of recipient area to repair, the retroangular flap (RAF) or the submental flap could be used. This article is voted to illustrate a very large and long-term casuistry dedicated to these flaps.
- An equity framework for health technology assessmentsAnthony J Culyer
Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Med Decis Making 32:428-41. 2012..In these ways, it may be hoped that equity will be more systematically and fully considered and implemented in both the procedures and decisions of HTA...
- [Carbamazepine in modern toxicological casuistry at Department of Forensic Medicine of Medical University of Gdańsk in the years 1996-2001]K Reguła
Katedry i Zakładu Medycyny Sadowej AM w Gdańsku
Arch Med Sadowej Kryminol 52:357-63. 2002..TLC, GC-FID, GC-MS, TLC-UV were used as diagnostic tools. Determined carbamazepine concentrations fluctuated between 1.5 to 78.6 micrograms/ml in the blood...
- Nematode infection of the liver mimicking metastasis of malignant melanomaM Maier
Department of Surgery, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Liver Int 26:742-5. 2006..b>CASUISTRY: We report a case of a 40-year-old male with a history of malignant melanoma in whom follow-up investigations ..
- [Casuistry review of patients undergoing surgery for pituitary adenomas in Getafe University Hospital (Spain)]Soralla Civantos Modino
Servicio de Endocrinologia y Nutricion, Hospital Universitario de Getafe, Madrid, Espana
Endocrinol Nutr 57:306-10. 2010To perform a casuistry review of patients diagnosed with pituitary adenomas (PA) who underwent surgery performed by the same neurosurgeon after 1995.
- Making Muslim minds: question and answer as a genre of moral reasoning in an urban French mosqueKirsten M Yoder Wesselhoeft
J Am Acad Relig 78:790-823. 2010On the basis of participant observation in a weekly "fiqh class," this paper is a study of casuistry and pedagogy in one mosque in a major French urban center...
- The priesthood of bioethics and the return of casuistryK W Wildes
Center for Ethics, Medicine and Public Issues, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
J Med Philos 18:33-49. 1993Several recent attempts to develop models of moral reasoning have attempted to use some form of casuistry as a way to resolve the moral controversies of clinical ethics...
- How Jonsen really views casuistry: a note on the abuse of Father WildesJ M Tallmon
Dept of Communication Studies and Theatre, South Dakota State University, Brookings 57007
J Med Philos 19:103-13; discussion 115-9. 1994Kevin Wildes has recently argued in the Journal that Albert Jonsen's model of casuistry is ill-suited to a secular world context, because this model is rooted in a particular history and because of the moral pluralism of contemporary ..
- Accounting for context: future directions in bioethics theory and researchD Douglas-Steele
Office of Student Affairs, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Theor Med 17:101-19. 1996..It calls for increased attention to research and theory in bioethics that more adequately accounts for the ways different contexts produce significant changes in meaning and understanding in medical encounters...