Summary: A branch of applied ethics that studies the value implications of practices and developments in life sciences, medicine, and health care.
Publications328 found, 100 shown here
- What can the social sciences contribute to the study of ethics? Theoretical, empirical and substantive considerationsErica Haimes
Department of Sociology and Social Policy, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, United Kingdom
Bioethics 16:89-113. 2002....
- Appropriate methodologies for empirical bioethics: it's all relativeJonathan Ives
Centre for Biomedical Ethics, Primary Care Clinical Sciences, The University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham
Bioethics 23:249-58. 2009In this article we distinguish between philosophical bioethics (PB), descriptive policy orientated bioethics (DPOB) and normative policy oriented bioethics (NPOB)...
- Social science and bioethics: the way forwardRaymond de Vries
Bioethics Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0429, USA
Sociol Health Illn 28:665-77. 2006It is no surprise that bioethics and sociology developed an adversarial relationship: bioethicists value the clear descriptions of ethically charged situations provided by social scientists, but doubt the ability of those trained in ..
- Can medicalization be good? Situating medicalization within bioethicsJohn Z Sadler
Division of Ethics and Health Policy, Department of Clinical Sciences, UT Southwestern, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Theor Med Bioeth 30:411-25. 2009..Comparatively little is written about the role of bioethics in appraising medicalization as a social process...
- Health care ethics consultation: nature, goals, and competencies. A position paper from the Society for Health and Human Values-Society for Bioethics Consultation Task Force on Standards for Bioethics ConsultationM P Aulisio
Consortium Ethics Program, University of Pittsburgh, Center for Bioethnics and Health Law, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Ann Intern Med 133:59-69. 2000..The Society for Health and Human Values-Society for Bioethics Consultation Task Force on Standards for Bioethics Consultation explored core competencies and related issues in ..
- Constructing empirical bioethics: Foucauldian reflections on the empirical turn in bioethics researchRichard E Ashcroft
Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Health Care Anal 11:3-13. 2003The empirical turn in bioethics has been widely discussed by philosophical medical ethicists and social scientists...
- Using empirical research to formulate normative ethical principles in biomedicineMette Ebbesen
Centre for Bioethics, University of Aarhus, Taasingegade 3, Building 1443, DK 8000, Aarhus C, Denmark
Med Health Care Philos 10:33-48. 2007..The research method discussed in this article was developed in connection with the project 'Bioethics in Theory and Practice'...
- Fostering critical thinking, reasoning, and argumentation skills through bioethics educationJeanne Ting Chowning
Northwest Association for Biomedical Research, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e36791. 2012....
- Does ethics education influence the moral action of practicing nurses and social workers?Christine Grady
Department of Clinical Bioethics, National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Bioeth 8:4-11. 2008....
- 'Encounters with experience': empirical bioethics and the futureJonathan Ives
Health Care Anal 16:1-6. 2008
- Research, engagement and public bioethics: promoting socially robust scienceMartyn D Pickersgill
Centre for Population Health Sciences, Medical School, Teviot Place, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9AG, UK
J Med Ethics 37:698-701. 2011..Public bioethics will have to play a key role in such an endeavour, and indeed will contribute in important ways to the opening ..
- Bioethics in a different tongue: the case of truth-tellingL J Blackhall
Pacific Center for Health Policy and Ethics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
J Urban Health 78:59-71. 2001..Clinical and bioethics professionals should be aware of how their cultural and economic backgrounds influence the way they perceive ..
- The role of empirical research in bioethicsAlexander A Kon
University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Am J Bioeth 9:59-65. 2009..In this essay, I present a novel construct for classifying empirical research in bioethics into four hierarchical categories: Lay of the Land, Ideal Versus Reality, Improving Care, and Changing Ethical ..
- The relevance of empirical research in bioethicsFranklin G Miller
Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room 1C118, Bethesda, MD 20892 1156, USA
Schizophr Bull 32:37-41. 2006..In order to examine the value and limitations of ethics-related empirical research, we discuss 3 case studies involving research with stored biological samples, placebo-controlled trials, and the idea of the therapeutic misconception...
- Bioethics for clinicians: 21. Islamic bioethicsA S Daar
College of Medicine, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
CMAJ 164:60-3. 2001Islamic bioethics derives from a combination of principles, duties and rights, and, to a certain extent, a call to virtue...
- Global bioethics -- myth or reality?Søren Holm
Cardiff Institute of Society, Health and Ethics, Schools of Law and Social Sciences, 53 Park Place, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, CF10 3AT, United Kingdom
BMC Med Ethics 7:E10. 2006There has been debate on whether a global or unified field of bioethics exists...
- Public bioethics and public engagement: the politics of "proper talk"Alfred Moore
Department of Philosophy, University College Cork, Ireland
Public Underst Sci 19:197-211. 2010This article uses notions of "public talk" and "regulation as facilitation" to develop an account of public bioethics in the UK as a form of scientific governance, drawing on document analysis and expert interviews...
- New directions in African bioethics: ways of including public health concerns in the bioethics agendaJacquineau Azetsop
Faculté de medicine Teilhard de Chardin, N Djamena, Chad
Dev World Bioeth 11:4-15. 2011Research ethics is the most developed aspect of bioethics in Africa. Most African countries have set up Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) to provide guidelines for research and to comply with international norms...
- Was bioethics founded on historical and conceptual mistakes about medical paternalism?Laurence B McCullough
Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza MS 420, Houston, TX 77030 3411, USA
Bioethics 25:66-74. 2011b>Bioethics has a founding story in which medical paternalism, the interference with the autonomy of patients for their own clinical benefit, was an accepted ethical norm in the history of Western medical ethics and was widespread in ..
- The new conservatives in bioethics: who are they and what do they seek?Ruth Macklin
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, USA
Hastings Cent Rep 36:34-43. 2006A new political movement has arisen in bioethics, self-consciously distingushed from the rest of the field and characterized by a new way of writing and arguing. Unfortunately, that new method is mean-spirited, mystical, and emotional...
- Scientists, bioethics and democracy: the Italian case and its meaningsGilberto Corbellini
Sezione di Storia della Medicina, Universita La Sapienza Roma, Viale dell Università 34 a, 00185 Rome, Italy
J Med Ethics 33:349-52. 2007....
- Global bioethics: utopia or reality?Sirkku K Hellsten
Department of Philosophy, University of Helsinki, PO Box 9, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Dev World Bioeth 8:70-81. 2008This article discusses what 'global bioethics' means today and what features make bioethical research 'global'...
- Reflections on public bioethics: a view from the trenchesLeon R Kass
University of Chicago, IL, USA
Kennedy Inst Ethics J 15:221-50. 2005For many reasons, and more than its predecessors, the President's Council on Bioethics has been the subject of much public attention and heated controversy...
- Looking for the meaning of dignity in the Bioethics Convention and the Cloning ProtocolDaniela Ecaterina Cutas
Faculty of Political Science, National School of Political Studies and Public Administration, Bucharest, Romania
Health Care Anal 13:303-13. 2005This paper is focused on the analysis of two documents (the Council of Europe's Bioethics Convention and the Additional Cloning Protocol) inasmuch as they refer to the relationship between human dignity and human genetic engineering...
- Disability: an agenda for bioethicsM G Kuczewski
Loyola University Chicago, USA
Am J Bioeth 1:36-44. 2001Contemporary bioethics has been somewhat skewed by its focus on high-tech medicine and the resulting development of ethical frameworks based on an acute-care model of healthcare...
- Empirical investigation of the ethical reasoning of physicians and molecular biologists - the importance of the four principles of biomedical ethicsMette Ebbesen
Centre for Bioethics and Nanoethics, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C, Denmark
Philos Ethics Humanit Med 2:23. 2007..Beauchamp and James F. Childress are applicable to these groups...
- Bioethics for clinicians: 28. Protestant bioethicsMerril Pauls
Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre and Department of Emergency Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
CMAJ 166:339-43. 2002..Protestant ideas have profoundly influenced modern bioethics, and most Protestants would see mainstream bioethics as compatible with their personal beliefs...
- Rural and non-rural differences in membership of the American Society of Bioethics and HumanitiesWilliam Nelson
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, 7251 Strasenburgh Hall, Hanover, NH 03755 USA
J Med Ethics 32:411-3. 2006..To determine whether bioethicists are distributed along a rural-to-urban continuum in a way that reflects potential need of those resources as determined by the general population, hospital facilities and hospital beds...
- The current state of medical school education in bioethics, health law, and health economicsGovind C Persad
Department of Bioethics, National Institutes of Health, USA
J Law Med Ethics 36:89-94, 4. 2008Current challenges in medical practice, research, and administration demand physicians who are familiar with bioethics, health law, and health economics...
- Religio-ethical discussions on organ donation among Muslims in Europe: an example of transnational Islamic bioethicsMohammed Ghaly
Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Med Health Care Philos 15:207-20. 2012..Further, they demonstrate that transnationalism is one of the main characteristics of contemporary Islamic bioethics. In a bid to develop their own standpoints towards organ donation, Muslims living in the West rely heavily on ..
- Undignified bioethicsAlasdair Cochrane
Centre for the Study of Human Rights, London School of Economics and Political Science, London
Bioethics 24:234-41. 2010The concept of dignity is pervasive in bioethics. However, some bioethicists have argued that it is useless on three grounds: that it is indeterminate; that it is reactionary; and that it is redundant...
- How can we help? From "sociology in" to "sociology of" bioethicsRaymond de Vries
School of Social Science, Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, NJ, USA
J Law Med Ethics 32:279-92, 191. 2004Sociology and bioethics have an uneasy relationship. Bioethicists find sociology helpful for describing and analyzing ethical issues, but they are less enthusiastic when bioethics becomes the subject of sociological scrutiny...
- Confronting moral pluralism in posttraditional Western societies: bioethics critically reassessedH Tristram Engelhardt
Department of Philosophy, Rice University, Houston, TX 77251, USA
J Med Philos 36:243-60. 2011..that results from the death of God and the abandonment of a God's eye perspective in secular philosophy, bioethics arose in a context that renders it essentially incapable of giving answers to substantive moral questions, such ..
- Getting down to cases: the revival of casuistry in bioethicsJ D Arras
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10467
J Med Philos 16:29-51. 1991..the emergence of casuistical case analysis as a methodological alternative to more theory-driven approaches in bioethics research and education. Focusing on The Abuse of Casuistry by A. Jonsen and S...
- Moral experience: a framework for bioethics researchMatthew R Hunt
Centre de recherche en éthique CRÉUM, University of Montreal, C P 6128, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, QC H3C 3J7, Canada
J Med Ethics 37:658-62. 2011Theoretical and empirical research in bioethics frequently focuses on ethical dilemmas or problems...
- Critical bioethics: beyond the social science critique of applied ethicsAdam M Hedgecoe
Department of Sociology, School of Social Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9QN, UK
Bioethics 18:120-143. 2004..to show a way in which social science research can contribute in a meaningful and equitable way to philosophical bioethics. It builds on the social science critique of bioethics present in the work of authors such as Renee Fox, Barry ..
- Global bioethics and communitarianismHenk A M J ten Have
Center for Healthcare Ethics, Duquesne University, 300 Fisher Hall, 600 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15282, USA
Theor Med Bioeth 32:315-26. 2011This paper explores the role of 'community' in the context of global bioethics. With the present globalization of bioethics, new and interesting references are made to this concept. Some are familiar, for example, community consent...
- The birth of the empirical turn in bioethicsPascal Borry
Center for Biomedical Ethics and Law, Faculty of Medicine, K U Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35 3, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Bioethics 19:49-71. 2005Since its origin, bioethics has attracted the collaboration of few social scientists, and social scientific methods of gathering empirical data have remained unfamiliar to ethicists...
- Rethinking medical ethics: a view from belowPaul Farmer
Program in Infectious Disease and Social Change, 641 Huntington Avenue Boston, MA 02115 USA
Dev World Bioeth 4:17-41. 2004..to the fruits of modern medicine and the science that informs it is an important and neglected topic within bioethics and medical ethics...
- IAB presidential address: bioethics in a globalized world: creating space for flourishing human relationshipsNikola Biller-Andorno
University of Zurich, Institute of Biomedical Ethics, Switzerland
Bioethics 25:430-6. 2011b>Bioethics in a globalized world is meeting a number of challenges - fundamentalism in its different forms, and a focus on economic growth neglecting issues such as equity and sustainability, being prominent among them...
- UNESCO 'declares' universals on bioethics and human rights - many unexpected universal truths unearthed by UN bodyWillem Landman
Dev World Bioeth 5:iii-vi. 2005
- Bioethics in the public square: reflections on the howAmy Tannery Campbell
Department of Bioethics and Humanities, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 618 Irving Ave, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Med Ethics 38:439-41. 2012As bioethics gains more prominence in public policy debates, it is time to more fully reflect on the following: what is its role in the public square, and what limitations relate to and barriers impede its fulfilment of this role? I ..
- Bioethics for clinicians: 27. Catholic bioethicsH J Markwell
Centre for Clinical Ethics, Providence Centre, St Joseph s Health Centre and St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ont
CMAJ 165:189-92. 2001..Catholic bioethics is concerned with a broad range of issues, including social justice and the right to health care, the duty to ..
- How we developed a bioethics theme in an undergraduate medical curriculumKulsoom Ghias
Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Aga Khan University, Pakistan
Med Teach 33:974-7. 2011..b>Bioethics teaching was introduced in the medical curriculum in 1988 and has since undergone several changes...
- Teaching global bioethicsJames Dwyer
University of Pittsburgh, 3708 Fifth Avenue, Suite 300, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Bioethics 17:432-46. 2003..presidents of the IAB have urged bioethicists to attend to global disparities and to broaden the scope of bioethics. For the last six years I have tried to do just that...
- Poverty, bioethics and researchCléa Regina de Oliveira Ribeiro
University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, College of Nursing, WHO Collaborating Center for Nursing Research Development, Brazil
Rev Lat Am Enfermagem 15:843-9. 2007..The bioethical arguments presented in this article enhance a discussion on unfair treatment to subjects enlisted in protocols sponsored by rich countries and hosted by poor nations...
- Beyond a western bioethics?Maura A Ryan
University of Notre Dame, USA
Theol Stud 65:158-77. 2004Like theology and ethics generally, bioethics has increasingly developed a global consciousness...
- Public bioethics and publics: consensus, boundaries, and participation in biomedical science policySusan E Kelly
University of Louisville, USA
Sci Technol Human Values 28:339-64. 2003Public bioethics bodies are used internationally as institutions with the declared aims of facilitating societal debate and providing policy advice in certain areas of scientific inquiry raising questions of values and legitimate science...
- Bioethics and the reinforcement of socio-technical expectationsAdam Hedgecoe
Cesagen School of Social Science, Cardiff University, UK
Soc Stud Sci 40:163-86. 2010..little attention has been paid to the role of expectations in related, but non-scientific discourses, such as bioethics. Drawing on a review of publications addressing the ethical issues associated with pharmacogenetics, this paper ..
- Moving beyond bioethics: history and the search for medical humanismGary S Belkin
Department of Psychiatry, Bellvue Hospital Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Perspect Biol Med 47:372-85. 2004From both within and without bioethics, growing criticism of the predominant methods and practices of the field can be heard...
- The future of bioethics: three dogmas and a cup of hemlockAngus Dawson
Centre for Professional Ethics, Staffordshire, Keele University, UK
Bioethics 24:218-25. 2010In this paper I argue that bioethics is in crisis and that it will not have a future unless it begins to embrace a more Socratic approach to its leading assumptions...
- Integrating bioethics into clinical and translational science research: a roadmapRobyn S Shapiro
Center for the Study of Bioethics, Department of Population Health, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Clin Transl Sci 1:67-70. 2008..and to guard against potential deleterious medical and societal consequences of such advances, incorporation of bioethics at each stage of clinical and translational science research is essential...
- Does bioethics exist?L Turner
Center for Bioethics, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Med Ethics 35:778-80. 2009..Thirty years ago, the thinking of many scholars coalesced around a principlist approach to bioethics. That mid-level mode of moral reasoning is now one of many approaches to moral deliberation...
- What feminism can do for bioethicsL M Purdy
Health Care Anal 9:117-32. 2001Feminist criticism of health care and of bioethics has become increasingly rich and sophisticated in the last years of the twentieth century. Nonetheless, this body of work remains quite marginalized...
- Bioethics in the medical curriculum in AfricaT O Ogundiran
Division of Oncology, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine and West African Bioethics Programme, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Afr J Med Med Sci 38:87-92. 2009..While the debate as to whether ethics can be taught will continue, bioethics education provides the requisite knowledge and skill that are applicable at the bedside and in biomedical ..
- Gift not commodity? Lay people deliberating social sex selectionJackie Leach Scully
Arbeitsstelle für Ethik in den Biowissenschaften, University of Basel, Switzerland
Sociol Health Illn 28:749-67. 2006..In contrast, the 'gift not a commodity' argument is rarely cited positively in Anglo-American, secular-liberal bioethics. These metaphorical statements are condensed articulations of complex but coherent moral intuitions...
- Look who's talking: the interdisciplinarity of bioethics and the implications for bioethics educationAna S Iltis
Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63103, USA
J Med Philos 31:629-41. 2006There are competing accounts of the birth of bioethics. Despite the differences among them, these accounts share the claim that bioethics was not born in a single disciplinary home or in a single social space, but in numerous, including ..
- Bioethics as politics: the limits of moral expertiseMadison Powers
Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
Kennedy Inst Ethics J 15:305-22. 2005..For all the talk about method in bioethics, we, bioethicists, are still rather far off the mark in understanding what we are doing, even when we may be ..
- Sprinting research and spot jogging regulation: the state of bioethics in CameroonGodfrey B Tangwa
University of Yaounde 1, Cameroon
Camb Q Healthc Ethics 20:356-66. 2011..With a population of nearly 20 million inhabitants, Cameroon is a very diverse country, geographically, culturally, and linguistically...
- The concept of a feminist bioethicsM C Rawlinson
Department of Philosophy, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Med Philos 26:405-16. 2001Feminist bioethics poses a challenge to bioethics by exposing the masculine marking of its supposedly generic human subject, as well as the fact that the tradition does not view women's rights as human rights...
- Enhancing the African bioethics initiativeTemidayo O Ogundiran
Division of Oncology, Department of SurgeryCollege of Medicine, University of Ibadan and University College Hospital, PMB 5116 Ibadan, Nigeria
BMC Med Educ 4:21. 2004Medical ethics has existed since the time of Hippocrates. However, formal training in bioethics did not become established until a few decades ago...
- Is it time for bioethics to go empirical?Chris Herrera
Department of Philosophy, Montclair State University, Upper Montclair, New Jersey 07043, USA
Bioethics 22:137-46. 2008Observers who note the increasing popularity of bioethics discussions often complain that the social sciences are poorly represented in discussions about things like abortion and stem-cell research...
- Who's arguing? A call for reflexivity in bioethicsJonathan Ives
School of Health and Population Sciences, The University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Bioethics 24:256-65. 2010In this paper we set forth what we believe to be a relatively controversial argument, claiming that 'bioethics' needs to undergo a fundamental change in the way it is practised...
- Bioethics for clinicians: 26. Assisted reproductive technologiesL Shanner
Health Ethics Centre and Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alta
CMAJ 164:1589-94. 2001..We examine the empirical evidence of the effectiveness of ARTs and suggest ways to approach ARTs in practice...
- Feminist bioethics and psychiatryN Martin
Department of Philosophy, University of Portland, Portland, OR 97202, USA
J Med Philos 26:431-41. 2001Feminist bioethics is a relatively new field, the major works in which only started to appear in the late 1980s. At first feminist bioethicists focused mainly on issues of particular concern to women such as reproduction...
- The coproduction of moral discourse in U.S. community psychiatryPaul Brodwin
Department of Anthropology, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, USA
Med Anthropol Q 22:127-47. 2008Anthropologists often criticize the discipline of bioethics because its remote, abstract theories fail to capture how front-line clinicians experience and resolve moral uncertainty...
- Bioethics as a second-order discipline: who is not a bioethicist?Loretta M Kopelman
Department of Medical Humanities, Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina 27834, USA
J Med Philos 31:601-28. 2006A dispute exists about whether bioethics should become a new discipline with its own methods, competency standards, duties, honored texts, and core curriculum. Unique expertise is a necessary condition for disciplines...
- Bioethics matures: the field faces the futureSusan M Wolf
University of Minnesota, USA
Hastings Cent Rep 35:22-4. 2005
- Bioethics. Students learn how, not what, to think about difficult issuesGreg Miller
Science 322:186-7. 2008
- High hopes and automatic escalators: a critique of some new arguments in bioethicsS Holm
Cardiff Law School, Cardiff University, PO Box 427, Cardiff, UK
J Med Ethics 33:1-4. 2007Two protechnology arguments, the "hopeful principle" and the "automatic escalator", often used in bioethics, are identified and critically analysed in this paper...
- Bioethics activities in IndiaNandini K Kumar
Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, India
East Mediterr Health J 12:S56-65. 2006..The council is developing a core curriculum for teaching bioethics, which would be applied uniformly in medical schools throughout the country...
- Author, contributor or just a signer? A quantitative analysis of authorship trends in the field of bioethicsPascal Borry
Centre for Biomedical Ethics and Law, Kapucijnenvoer 35 3, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Bioethics 20:213-20. 2006..In the field of bioethics, however, no research has been undertaken to study whether the percentage of single-author articles is ..
- What 'empirical turn in bioethics'?Samia Hurst
Institute for Biomedical Ethics, CMU 1 Rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneva samia hurst unige ch
Bioethics 24:439-44. 2010..empirical data and normative reasoning seems to underlie most difficulties regarding the 'empirical turn' in bioethics. This article examines three different ways in which we could understand 'empirical turn'...
- The birth of bioethics: autobiographical reflections of a patient personRobert M Veatch
Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Georgetown University, USA
Camb Q Healthc Ethics 11:344-52. 2002
- Increasing bioethics education in preclinical medical curricula: what ethical dilemmas do clinical clerks experience?Emily Kelly
Family Medicine, The Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Acad Med 84:498-504. 2009The increase in bioethics education in preclinical curricula enables medical students to recognize ethical issues and determine right action...
- Embryonic stem cell-based therapeutics: balancing scientific progress and bioethicsRonald Chester
New England School of Law, USA
Health Matrix Clevel 20:203-17. 2010..A framework of bioethical principles is presented here to guide biomedical scientists and others engaged in improving human welfare through the application of ES cell-based therapies...
- Bioethics as biopoliticsJeffrey P Bishop
Peninsula Medical School, Cornwall, United Kingdom
J Med Philos 31:205-12. 2006
- Inter-ethics: towards an interactive and interdependent bioethicsTineke A Abma
Department of Medical Humanities and the EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Bioethics 24:242-55. 2010Since its origin bioethics has been a specialized, academic discipline, focussing on moral issues, using a vast set of globalized principles and rational techniques to evaluate and guide healthcare practices...
- Caring for detained asylum seekers, human rights and bioethicsDeborah Zion
Aust N Z J Public Health 28:510-2. 2004
- The fiction of bioethics: a precisT Chambers
Am J Bioeth 1:40-3. 2001Recently, bioethics has become interested in engaging with narrative, but in this engagement, narrative is usually viewed as a mere helpmate to philosophy...
- Individual good and common good: a communitarian approach to bioethicsDaniel Callahan
The Hastings Center, Garrison, NY 10524 5555, USA
Perspect Biol Med 46:496-507. 2003The field of bioethics emerged in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Among its early issues were the protection of human research subjects, the rights of patients, abortion, and reproductive issues...
- Bioethics for clinicians: 3. CapacityE Etchells
University of Toronto Joint Centre for Bioethics, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ont
CMAJ 155:657-61. 1996..If the assessment suggests that the patient is incapable, further assessment is generally recommended...
- Ethical boundary-work in the embryonic stem cell laboratorySteven P Wainwright
Division of Health and Social Care Research, King s College London, London, SE1 8WA
Sociol Health Illn 28:732-48. 2006..Our work adds to the relatively few sociological studies that explore ethics in clinical settings and to an even smaller body of work that explores scientists' views on the ethical issues relating to their research...
- Should journals publish industry-funded bioethics articles?Carl Elliott
Center for Bioethics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455 0346, USA
Lancet 366:422-4. 2005
- Bioethics for clinicians: 25. Teaching bioethics in the clinical settingM F McKneally
University of Toronto
CMAJ 164:1163-7. 2001b>Bioethics is now taught in every Canadian medical school. Canada needs a cadre of teachers who can help clinicians learn bioethics...
- Bioethics for clinicians: 22. Jewish bioethicsG Goldsand
Joint Centre for Bioethics and Centre for the Study of Religion, University of Toronto, Ont
CMAJ 164:219-22. 2001Jewish bioethics in the contemporary era emerges from the traditional practice of applying principles of Jewish law (Halacha) to ethical dilemmas...
- The UNESCO Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights: perspectives from Kenya and South AfricaAdele Langlois
Department of Development Policy and Practice, Faculty of Technology, The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, UK
Health Care Anal 16:39-51. 2008..the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) adopted the Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights. This was the culmination of nearly 2 years of deliberations and negotiations...
- Finding European bioethical literature: an evaluation of the leading abstracting and indexing servicesH Fangerau
Department of Medical Ethics and History of Medicine, Goettingen University, Humboldtallee 36, D 37073 Goettingen, Germany
J Med Ethics 30:299-303. 2004..The quantity of medical ethical literature that is indexed in different existing electronic bibliographies was ascertained...
- Medical and nursing students' television viewing habits: potential implications for bioethicsMatthew J Czarny
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Bioeth 8:1-8. 2008..Television medical dramas may stimulate students to think about and discuss bioethical issues...
- The promise and limits of international bioethics: lessons from the recent revision of the Declaration of HelsinkiJohn R Williams
World Medical Association, BP 63, 01212 Ferney Voltaire, France
J Int Bioethique 15:31-42, 131. 2004
- Is there a global bioethics? End-of-life in Thailand and the case for local differenceScott Stonington
Department of Anthropology, History and Social Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS Med 3:e439. 2006
- Global health challenges: the need for an expanded discourse on bioethicsSolomon R Benatar
University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
PLoS Med 2:e143. 2005
- FACE facts: why human genetics will always provoke bioethicsEric T Juengst
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, USA
J Law Med Ethics 32:267-75, 191. 2004Some people dispute the relative importance of issues in genetics and biotechnology for the future of bioethics, either because they think the problems are time-limited or because they give priority to issue of human rights and social ..
- Will international human rights subsume medical ethics? Intersections in the UNESCO Universal Bioethics DeclarationT A Faunce
Law Faculty, Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200, Australia
J Med Ethics 31:173-8. 2005The International Bioethics Committee (IBC) of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) is currently drafting a Universal Bioethics Declaration ("the declaration")...
- Explaining the emergence of euthanasia law in the Netherlands: how the sociology of law can help the sociology of bioethicsHeleen Weyers
RUG, Vakgroep Rechtstheorie, The Netherlands
Sociol Health Illn 28:802-16. 2006..My work calls attention to the fact that bioethics is part of larger systems of social control.
- From the local to the global: bioethics and the concept of cultureLeigh Turner
Biomedical Ethics Unit, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1X1 Canada
J Med Philos 30:305-20. 2005Cultural models of health, illness, and moral reasoning are receiving increasing attention in bioethics scholarship...
- Developing countries and bioethical researchPascal Borry
N Engl J Med 353:852-3. 2005
- Is global ethics moral neo-colonialism? An investigation of the issue in the context of bioethicsHeather Widdows
Centre for the Studies of Global Ethics, Dept of Philosophy, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT
Bioethics 21:305-15. 2007..paper turns to the practical arena and considers the question of global ethics in light of practical issues in bioethics. The paper concludes that practical necessity is driving the creation of global ethics and thus the pertinent ..
- Towards an international treaty on human rights and biomedicine? Some reflections inspired by UNESCO's Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human RightsHerman Nys
Eur J Health Law 13:5-8. 2006
- How international is bioethics? A quantitative retrospective studyPascal Borry
Center for Biomedical Ethics and Law, K, U, Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35 3, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
BMC Med Ethics 7:E1. 2006..This article aims to examine the international distribution of publications in the field of bioethics.
- Teaching research integrity and bioethics to science undergraduatesJulio F Turrens
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Cell Biol Educ 4:330-4. 2005..A summary of this study was presented at the 2002 Conference on Research Integrity in Potomac, MD, sponsored by the Office of Research Integrity of the National Institutes of Health...
- Genome-wide recombination as a risk factor for nondisjunctionNATASHA D HOLLIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..The candidate has taken two courses in bioethics which are essential for this field...
- Effects of Testosterone and Genetic Factors on Psychological and Motor Function iNICOLE RENEE TARTAGLIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..endocrinology, clinical trials, genotype-phenotype studies, neurogenetic syndromes, developmental disabilities, bioethics, and molecular biology...
- Molecular Markers for Progression of Pulmonary Fibrosis in Systemic SclerosisShervin Assassi; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the Master's program with courses in genomics and proteomics, longitudinal and Bayesian data analysis, bioethics and advanced grant writing...
- THE ETHICS OF POST-CONFLICT AND POST-DISASTER DNA IDENTIFICATIONSarah Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2013..analyses to be published in academic journals and online, the research team, in collaboration with the bioethics advisory board, will also produce a white paper that highlights the major ethical challenges associated with ..
- Interdisciplinary Research Training in Reproduction for Indian FellowsJohn C Herr; Fiscal Year: 2010..to improve writing and communication skills, recombinant DMA technology, structural genomics, pharmacology, bioethics, and drug discovery, design, synthesis, and selection...
- Nanodiagnostics and Nanotherapeutics: Building Research Ethics and OversightSusan M Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2010..Research Ethics and Oversight responds to RFA-OD-009-0003, addressing Challenge Area "02: Bioethics" and Challenge Topic "Unique Ethical Issues Posed by Emerging Technologies," as set forth in 02-OD (OSP)-101...
- Health-Seeking Behaviors among Men with Criminal Justice and Substance Abuse HistPamela Valera; Fiscal Year: 2013..activities involve coursework in methodology, psychometrics/scale development, biostatistics, epidemiology, bioethics, advanced data analysis, and correctional health research...
- E-Education in Research Ethics: Central and Eastern EuropeMARTIN STROSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..graduates will have received additional training and education in research ethics (a Master's of Science in Bioethics) through the Bioethics Program of Union Graduate College and the Mount Sinai School of Medicine (MSSM)...
- Mechanisms by which VZV IE proteins interact with cell antiviral proteins to prevMARIA ACENA NAGEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Training will be enhanced with didactic courses in molecular virology, bioethics, and statistical analysis. She will devote 80% effort to research and 20% to patient care/clinical teaching...
- POSTDOCTORAL TRAINING IN TUMOR BIOLOGYMichael L Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2013..D. and/or M.D. degree. Trainees are prepared for future careers as scientific investigators by a multi-disciplinary research training and educational experience in translational and basic aspects of tumor biology. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy for Multiple MyelomaDamian J Green; Fiscal Year: 2013..development plan that details a combination of didactic postgraduate training in statistics, epidemiology, bioethics, drug development and immunology;hands-on clinical trial design and management experience;training to establish ..
- Postdoc Training in Translational Research in Neural Injury and NeurodegenerationMarc A Dichter; Fiscal Year: 2010..Neurobiology of Disease curriculum and workshops in clinical trial methodology, grant preparation, statistics, bioethics, patient-oriented research, and new drug development...
- ETHICAL & SOCIAL IMPLICATIONS OF GENETIC TESTING IN THE CASE OF UNEXPECTED DEATHSSiobhan M Dolan; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Broad Challenge Area 02: Bioethics Specific Challenge Topic 02-OD (OSP) - 104: Ethical Issues In The Translation Of Genetic Knowledge To Clinical Practice...
- Brain Matters 3: Values at the Crossroads of Neurology, Psychiatry, and PsychologPAUL JASON FORD; Fiscal Year: 2012..Patients who suffer from these conditions are "orphaned" by specialties and largely ignored in bioethics discussions...
- Tsetse Transmitted African TrypanosomiasisSerap Aksoy; Fiscal Year: 2013..policy decisions in their country 4) Develop a community of researchers/mentors in DECs with strong knowledge in bioethics, good clinical and laboratory practice, biosafety, data management and research administration as well as strong ..
- TRAINING IN TRAUMA AND BURN RESEARCHRICHARD LOUIS GAMELLI; Fiscal Year: 2013..seminars, journal clubs, training in grant writing, and didactic coursework in both statistics and research bioethics. Written research proposals, formal research presentations, and semi-annual evaluations are required of all ..
- The role of mitochondrial energetics in adaptive thermogenesis with overfeedingDARCY LARAE JOHANNSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..complete several courses on cellular and mitochondrial physiology, bio-imaging (spectroscopy), statistics and bioethics, and will visit the laboratories of two co-mentors in order to apply the academic knowledge to research ..
- RENAL RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAMLawrence B Holzman; Fiscal Year: 2013..meetings, and by formal course work in molecular genetics, immunology, biochemistry, cell biology, statistics, bioethics, environmental health, radiation safety and experimental design...
- Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Education and Research (SCCTER)TL1HARRY BERNARD GREENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..A key component of this goal is to take advantage of "teachable moments" in the study design process (Program Function 3: Support Portal) as opportunities for training and as sources of didactic material. ..
- Reducing geographic disparity in transplant access: Clinical and economic impactKrista L Lentine; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This application addresses broad Challenge Area (02) Bioethics and specific Challenge Topic, 02-DK-105: Allocation of Scarce Transplanted Organs...
- Disclosing Genomic Incidental Findings in a Cancer Biobank: An ELSI ExperimentSusan M Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This empirical and normative bioethics research project will guide policy and practice about the disclosure of genomic incidental findings (GIFD), a much-debated topic...
- Global Network for Women's and Children's HealthEdward A Liechty; Fiscal Year: 2012..US based expertise is also present in Obstetrics, Biostatistics, and Bioethics. We propose to the Network a cluster randomized protocol evaluating the efficacy of both Community Mobilization ..
- Barriers in Translating Genomic Research into State Public Health ProgramsLaura Senier; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Pila Ossorio (Associate Professor of Law and Bioethics), Dr. Daniel Kleinman (Professor and Chair of Community &Environmental Sociology), Dr...
- Investigation of Regulatory T Cells in Veterans with Rheumatologic DiseaseAmit Golding; Fiscal Year: 2013..path toward this goal by proposing a specific plan of coursework in translational research, biostatistics, and bioethics. The proposed research plan will expose the applicant to new research techniques in molecular biology and ..
- International Partnership for Interdisciplinary Research TrainingOLUFUNMILAYO F OLOPADE; Fiscal Year: 2013..shift", whereby trainees receive distinct added research training in another health related discipline such as bioethics, biostatistics, behavioral science, cancer biology, clinical pharmacology and pharmacogenetics, economics, ..
- Ethics of research in Latin American countries. Advanced ProgramFERNANDO S LOLAS; Fiscal Year: 2012..role expectations in research and healthcare, and inclusion in a network of professionals conversant with bioethics reasoning and applications...
- Building Partnerships to Enhance Health and Health Care Delivery in Alabama and GRUEBEN CLIFTON WARREN; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Tuskegee University's National Center for Bioethics in Research and Health Care (TUNCBRHC) seeks to forge and sustain a collaborative partnership between State and Local Public Health ..
- Chronic disease clinical epidemiology training in guatemala and peruCharles C Branas; Fiscal Year: 2013..data management, critical appraisal of the literature, regulatory affairs, patient privacy issues, and bioethics. Strengths of the program are the: (1) collaborative partnerships that Penn has already developed in Guatemala ..
- Increasing Child Immunization Rates via Improved Provider-Parent CommunicationDouglas J Opel; Fiscal Year: 2013..3 co-mentors with experience and proficiency in research in provider-patient communication, health services, and bioethics (Drs. Thomas Gallagher, Rita Mangione-Smith, and Diane Martin)...
- Bioethics Research Infrastructure InitiativeCLAUDIA ROSE BAQUET; Fiscal Year: 2010..Program Abstract/Summary: The University of Maryland Baltimore is submitting this application to establish a Bioethics Center under the NCMHD ARRA Scientific priority area "Bioethics Research Infrastructure Initiative" through "GO" ..
- Mentoring and Research in Placebo Studies, Asian Medicine, and CAMTed Kaptchuk; Fiscal Year: 2013..The principal investigator will take relevant courses in bioethics, philosophy of science, immunology, and statistics and engage in hands-on training in molecular and neuroimaging ..
- Innate Immune System in Sepsis and Risks for Nosocomial InfectionsMatthew C Exline; Fiscal Year: 2013..include his mentored research project and formal didactics in study design, biostatistics, grant writing, and bioethics. In addition, Dr...
- Metabolite Profiling and Cardiovascular Mortality in End-stage Renal DiseaseEugene P Rhee; Fiscal Year: 2013..Candidate: Eugene Rhee received his MD and MA Bioethics from the University of Pennsylvania, and completed Internal Medicine residency and chief residency at the ..
- Patient Oriented Research in Hepatitis C-infected Injection Drug UsersMARK SEBASTIAN SULKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2013..research in HIV/HCV coinfection and has expertise in virology, immunology, pharmacology, metabolic, biostatics, bioethics, and research implementation that are critical to the HCV field;3) To expand the scope HCV disease management in ..
- Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Education and Research (SCCTER)KL2HARRY BERNARD GREENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Informed Consent in Pediatric Phase I Cancer TrialsEric D Kodish; Fiscal Year: 2011..America, with coordination, data entry and analysis at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation's Department of Bioethics. The methods employed will include direct observation, digital recording, and coding of informed consent ..
- Social Networking and Personal Genomics: Emerging Issues for Health ResearchSandra Soo Jin Lee; Fiscal Year: 2012..validity of these assertions has yet to be fully explored and evaluated, the proposed study takes an empirical bioethics approach to provide insight into each of these claims...
- The Role of Periostin and Th2 Cytokines in Eosinophilic Esophagitis FibrogenesisEdaire Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2013..methodologies and formal intramural and extramural coursework in fibrosis, grant writing, biostatistics, bioethics, and animal models of disease...
- DEVELOPMENTAL NEPHROLOGYFrederick Kaskel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Required courses in renal physiology, research design, bioethics, biostatistics, renal pathology, translational research core competencies, examinations and the opportunity to ..
- Prevention of UVB-induced skin cancer using sulforaphane: roles of AP-1 and Nrf2.SALLY E DICKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..interactions with my mentors and will receive didactic training in subjects such as clinical trial management, bioethics, and biostatistics...
- ICU Discharge: A Critical Juncture for Survivors of Acute Respiratory FailureSYDNEY BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2013..this award, she will be mentored by senior experts in health services research, critical care, biostatistics, bioethics, and qualitative methods...
- Psychiatric Research Residency Training TrackNeal R Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the fundamentals of research design, data analysis, manuscript preparation, dissemination of findings, bioethics and the responsible conduct of research...
- Mechanisms of Intercelllar CommunicationVYTAUTAS K VERSELIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Bioethics and scientific conduct are a regular part of training...
- Clinical sequencing in cancer: Clinical ethical and technological studiesGAIL PAIRITZ JARVIK; Fiscal Year: 2013..is a leader in clinical genetics (Bennett, Burke, Byers, Hisama, and Jarvik, Motulsky, Raskind, and Sybert), bioethics (Burke, Jarvik, Fullerton, and Trinidad), second-generation sequencing, variant calling and annotation (Rieder ..
- Developing an HIV/STI intervention for Foster Youth Using Attachment TheoryKym R Ahrens; Fiscal Year: 2013..with expertise in mediational analysis techniques, adult attachment theory, community-based research, bioethics, and biostatistics, and will also include a national expert on community-based HIV/STI research in high-risk ..
- Training Program in Perinatal Biology and MedicineWilliam W Hay; Fiscal Year: 2013..biology, isotope applications, biostatistics, data processing and informatics, statistics, graphics and imaging, bioethics, and ethical conduct of research are included...
- Does depression affect quality of decisions to participate in clinical trials?Yan Leykin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Laura Dunn, who has extensive experience in bioethics and issues related to capacity to provide informed consent. In addition, Dr...
- Inter-American Training for Innovations in Emerging Infectious DiseasesRichard A Oberhelman; Fiscal Year: 2013..post-doctoral level trainees, carried out alternately in New Orleans and Lima, Peru, in research methodology, bioethics and responsible research, and grant-writing skills, along with training in models of interdisciplinary ..
- Morehouse Sch of Medicine/Tuskegee Univ/University of Alabama Ca Ctr PartnershipTimothy Turner; Fiscal Year: 2013..is being achieved through our programs of Cancer Research, Cancer Training, Cancer Education, Cancer Outreach, Bioethics, and Biostatistics, which are leading to sustained, integrated, organizational changes at the three Institutions...
- A Rapid-Throughput Feedback Intervention for Population-Scale Communication QualiMICHAEL HENRY FARRELL; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): and abstract This application addresses broad Challenge Area (02) Bioethics, and specific Challenge Topic 02-OD(OSP)-101, "Unique ethical issues posed by emerging technologies." BACKGROUND...
- Advanced Neuroimaging: Ethical, Legal, and Social IssuesJudy Illes; Fiscal Year: 2011..To test our hypothesis, we will analyze empirical and review human neuroscience and bioethics articles with software tools widely used for text mining...
- Society for Developmental Biology Annual Meetings 2009-2013Marianne Bronner; Fiscal Year: 2013..It also addresses bioethics of research, which is highly relevant to establishing national policies for research on stem cells and cloning, ..
- Interdisciplinary and Translational Research Training in NeuroAIDSJay Rappaport; Fiscal Year: 2012..This curriculum including Scientific Communication, Scientific Integrity and Bioethics, and Statistics, as well as courses in Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology and Pathogenesis of Neurobiological ..
- A randomized trial to improve surrogate decision-making for critically ill eldersDouglas B White; Fiscal Year: 2011..care medicine, a Master's degree in quantitative and qualitative research methods, and a fellowship in bioethics. The candidate's goals are 1) to develop into an independent investigator in aging research testing ..
- Understanding Barriers to Living Donor Lung TransplantationMaryam Valapour; Fiscal Year: 2010..Valapour, MD, is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Pulmonary and Critical Care Division;and Center for Bioethics, University of Minnesota (UM)...
- Cardiovascular Bioengineering Training ProgramSanjeev G Shroff; Fiscal Year: 2013..breadth and depth in engineering and biological sciences and also includes a formal exposure to biostatistics, bioethics, and professional and career development issues...
- Research and Treatment in Comparative Effectiveness, QI and IND ResearchNancy E Kass; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Research Area: Challenge Area: Bioethics Challenge Topic: 02-OD (OSP)-105* More than two million Americans with cancer, heart disease, infectious diseases, diabetes, neurological disorders and other ..
- THE BIOCHEMISTRY AND CELL BIOLOGY OF METABOLIC DISEASESCraig C Malbon; Fiscal Year: 2012..The DMDRC T32 program sponsors bioethics training, career building, and planning. The DMDRC training program enjoys strong University-wide support...
- Returning Individual Genetic Research Results to Parents and ChildrenIngrid Holm; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This application addresses broad Challenge Area (02) Bioethics, 02-HL-101: Informing the ethical and practical guidelines for providing genetic research results to study participants...
- Pediatric Endocrine Fellowship Training in Diabetes ResearchCHARLES ALFRED STANLEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..for Trainees with basic and clinical research and training in all aspects of research, including biostatistics, bioethics, molecular biology, etc...
- Community Voices on Health Disparities and Translational Genomics ResearchPatricia A Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2010..Genomics Research Challenge Area and Specific Challenge Topic: The Challenge Area this research addresses is 02: Bioethics and the Specific Challenge Topic is 02- OD9OSP-102* Ethical Issues in Health Disparities and Access to ..
- Community Partnership for Ethical ResearchELIZABETH B RIPLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010This application addresses broad Challenge Area (02) Bioethics and Specific Challenge Topic, 02-OD(OSP)- 102: Ethical Issues in Health Disparities and Access to Participation in Research...
- TRAINING ON RESEARCH BIOETHICS (TORB)Harun Rashid; Fiscal Year: 2005The ultimate goal of the Training on Research Bioethics (TORB) is to improve ethical practice in implementation of health research through capacity strengthening of the professionals involved in health research in Bangladesh (South Asia)..
- Creating Internet-based Research Review, Approval, and Monitoring for Global HealPeter Max Siba; Fiscal Year: 2010..Board (PNG IMR IRB), promote a common research compliance monitoring program and provide education exchanges and bioethics training...
- GOVERNMENT COVERAGE OF TRADITIONAL INDIGENOUS MEDICINEJ OLSON GAREWAL; Fiscal Year: 2000..coverage of traditional indigenous medicine in a colloquium to be held at the International Association of Bioethics annual conference in London in September, 2000...
- Designing Life: Stories from the Bioethical FrontierLAURIE DONNELLY; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Hastings Center (the nation's first and foremost bioethics research organization) and WGBH (PBS's leading producer of programming) have partnered to research whether ..
- Nurses and Ethical DilemmasSusan Benedict; Fiscal Year: 2007..career development plan consists of formal coursework in historiography, the history of the Holocaust, and bioethics. Following this, four weeks of mentored study will be done in historical methods at the Center for the Study of ..