Genomes and Genes
Summary: Accidents on streets, roads, and highways involving drivers, passengers, pedestrians, or vehicles. Traffic accidents refer to AUTOMOBILES (passenger cars, buses, and trucks), BICYCLING, and MOTORCYCLES but not OFF-ROAD MOTOR VEHICLES; RAILROADS nor snowmobiles.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH2
Publications349 found, 100 shown here
- Pattern of maxillofacial and associated injuries in road traffic accidentsM K Akama
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dental Sciences, University of Nairobi, P O Box 19676 00202, Nairobi, Kenya
East Afr Med J 84:287-95. 2007Road Traffic Accidents (RTAs) are a major cause of morbidity and mortality in Kenya. Victims may suffer multiple injuries including maxillofacial injuries. In most developing countries RTAs are the leading cause of maxillofacial injuries...
- Nonoperative management of blunt splenic injury: a 5-year experienceJames M Haan
R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Trauma 58:492-8. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine the success rate of nonoperative management of blunt splenic injury in an institution using splenic embolization...
- Safety in numbers: more walkers and bicyclists, safer walking and bicyclingP L Jacobsen
Public Health Consultant, 4730 Monterey Way, Sacramento, CA 95822, USA
Inj Prev 9:205-9. 2003..However, three published analyses of collision rates at specific intersections found a non-linear relationship, such that collisions rates declined with increases in the numbers of people walking or bicycling...
- The neglected epidemic: road traffic injuries in developing countriesVinand M Nantulya
Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
BMJ 324:1139-41. 2002
- Dissociation and post-traumatic stress disorder: two prospective studies of road traffic accident survivorsJames Murray
Department of Psychology, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Br J Psychiatry 180:363-8. 2002..Dissociative symptoms during trauma predict post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), but they are often transient. It is controversial whether they predict chronic PTSD over and above what can be predicted from other post-trauma symptoms...
- Motor vehicle crash injury rates by mode of travel, United States: using exposure-based methods to quantify differencesLaurie F Beck
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Am J Epidemiol 166:212-8. 2007..Males, adolescents, and the elderly were also at increased risk. Effective interventions are available and should be implemented to protect these vulnerable road users...
- Impact of mandatory helmet legislation on bicycle-related head injuries in children: a population-based studyAlison K Macpherson
Division of Paediatric Medicine, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pediatrics 110:e60. 2002..In Canada, 4 provinces have such legislation. The objective of this study was to measure the impact of helmet legislation on bicycle-related head injuries in Canadian children...
- Initial urinary epinephrine and cortisol levels predict acute PTSD symptoms in child trauma victimsDouglas L Delahanty
Department of Psychology, Kent State University, 118 Kent Hall, Kent, OH 44242, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 30:121-8. 2005..The present study extended these findings by examining whether urinary hormone levels collected soon after a trauma were related to subsequent acute PTSD symptoms in child trauma victims...
- Cognitive test performance and crash risk in an older driver populationJ C Stutts
University of North Carolina, Highway Safety Research Center, Chapel Hill 27599 3430, USA
Accid Anal Prev 30:337-46. 1998..1.5 times more likely to be in crashes than were drivers who scored in the highest 10%. Implications for the counseling and licensing of older drivers are discussed, along with recommendations for future research...
- Safety in numbers in Australia: more walkers and bicyclists, safer walking and bicyclingDorothy L Robinson
University of New England, Armidale, New South Wales
Health Promot J Austr 16:47-51. 2005..Do Australian data follow the same exponential 'growth rule' where (Injuries)/(Amount of cycling) is proportional to ((Amount of cycling)-0.6)?..
- Visual processing impairment and risk of motor vehicle crash among older adultsC Owsley
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 0009, USA
JAMA 279:1083-8. 1998..The useful field of view is a measure that reflects decline in visual sensory function, slowed visual processing speed, and impaired visual attention skills...
- Driver sleepiness and risk of serious injury to car occupants: population based case control studyJennie Connor
Division of Community Health, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
BMJ 324:1125. 2002..To estimate the contribution of driver sleepiness to the causes of car crash injuries...
- Road safety in less-motorized environments: future concernsDinesh Mohan
Transportation Research and Injury Prevention Programme, Indian Institute of Technology, Huaz Khas, New Delhi 110 016, India
Int J Epidemiol 31:527-32. 2002..In addition to crashworthiness of vehicles, transportation planning, exposure control, intelligent separation of non-motorized traffic on major roads, and traffic calming are likely to play a much more important role...
- A critical review of the psychophysiology of driver fatigueS K Lal
University of Technology, Health Science, Floor 14, Broadway, 2007, Sydney, NSW Australia
Biol Psychol 55:173-94. 2001..Given the above, understanding the psychology of fatigue may lead to better fatigue management. The findings from this review are discussed in the light of directions for future studies and for the development of fatigue countermeasures...
- Epidemiology of traumatic brain injuries: Indian scenarioG Gururaj
Department of Epidemiology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore, India
Neurol Res 24:24-8. 2002..India and other developing countries face the major challenges of prevention, pre-hospital care and rehabilitation in their rapidly changing environments to reduce the burden of TBIs...
- Stress, fatigue, health, and risk of road traffic accidents among professional drivers: the contribution of physical inactivityAdrian H Taylor
School of Sport and Health Sciences, University of Exeter, Exeter, EX1 2LU, United Kingdom
Annu Rev Public Health 27:371-91. 2006..framework, of the impact each of these human factors has on driver performance and risk of at-work road traffic accidents and then examines how physical (in)activity may moderate and mediate these relationships...
- Road-traffic-related mortality in Iran: a descriptive studyA Montazeri
Iranian Institute for Health Sciences Research, P O Box 13185 1488 Tehran, Iran
Public Health 118:110-3. 2004Road traffic accidents are considered to be the second highest cause of mortality in Iran. A study was conducted to describe road-traffic-related mortality data in Iran in a given period...
- Can exposure and acceptance strategies improve functioning and life satisfaction in people with chronic pain and whiplash-associated disorders (WAD)? A randomized controlled trialRikard K Wicksell
Pain Treatment Service, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Cogn Behav Ther 37:169-82. 2008..Improvements in the treatment group were maintained at 7-month follow-up. The authors discuss implications of these findings and offer suggestions for further research in this area...
- Road traffic accidents in Dubai, 2002-2008Ali Hassan Al Marzooqi
Dubai Health Authority, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Asia Pac J Public Health 22:31S-39S. 2010..This study aims to explore trends in road traffic accidents and to identify the most common factors associated with RTIs...
- Road traffic accidents and disability: a cross-section study from TurkeyBurcu Esiyok
Forensic Medicine Department, Ankara University School of Medicine, Mamak Ankara, Turkey
Disabil Rehabil 27:1333-8. 2005..features, lesions which caused disabilities and the rate of disabilities caused by particular lesions and thus to reveal how disabilities are evaluated and general characteristics of disabilities due to road traffic accidents in Turkey.
- The neglected epidemic: road traffic accidents in a developing country, State of QatarAbdulbari Bener
Department of Medical Statistics and Epidemiology Hamad General Hospital, Doha, State of Qatar
Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 12:45-7. 2005The objective of the study is to explore the pattern of road traffic accidents (RTA) and their causes in the State of Qatar. A total of 52,160 RTA, 1130 injuries and 85 fatalities were registered during the year 2000...
- Traffic-related injury prevention interventions for low-income countriesSamuel N Forjuoh
Texas A and M University System, Health Science Center, College of Medicine, Scott and White Memorial Hospital, Temple, TX, USA
Inj Control Saf Promot 10:109-18. 2003..It behooves LIC governments, however, to ensure that only standard, approved safety devices like helmets are imported into their countries. Additionally, LICs may need to improvise and innovate in the traffic safety technology transfer...
- Posttraumatic syndromes in children and adolescents after road traffic accidents--a prospective cohort studyIngo Schafer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Psychopathology 39:159-64. 2006The impact of road traffic accidents (RTAs) on the physical health of children is well recognized, but their psychological consequences have only recently become a topic of research...
- Cannabis intoxication and fatal road crashes in France: population based case-control studyBernard Laumon
French National Institute for Transport and Safety Research INRETS, Epidemiological Research and Surveillance Unit in Transport, Occupation and Environment UMRESTTE, 25 Avenue François Mitterrand, F 69675 Bron Cedex
BMJ 331:1371. 2005..To evaluate the relative risk of being responsible for a fatal crash while driving under the influence of cannabis, the prevalence of such drivers within the driving population, and the corresponding share of fatal crashes...
- Drugs and drivingJ Michael Walsh
The Walsh Group, P A, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 5:241-53. 2004....
- Risk factors for fatal road traffic accidents in Udine, ItalyFrancesca Valent
Cattedra di Igiene ed Epidemiologia, DPMSC, University of Udine, Italy
Accid Anal Prev 34:71-84. 2002..the major risk factors for fatal crashes in this area, we analyzed the Police reports of 10,320 road traffic accidents that occurred from 1991 to 1996...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and comorbid major depression: is the correlation an illusion?E B Blanchard
Center for Stress and Anxiety Disorders, University at Albany SUNY 12203, USA
J Anxiety Disord 12:21-37. 1998..The threshold for diagnosing comorbid depression (5 or 6 depressive symptoms versus 7 to 9 depressive symptoms) has no important effects on any of the indicators of "caseness."..
- Relations among chronic medical conditions, medications, and automobile crashes in the elderly: a population-based case-control studyG McGwin
Department of Epidemiology and International Health, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 0009, USA
Am J Epidemiol 152:424-31. 2000..3, 95% CI: 0.1, 1.0) were associated with a reduced risk of crash involvement. The identification of medical conditions and medications associated with risk of crashes is important for enhancing the safety and mobility of older drivers...
- Increased risk of traffic accidents in subjects with latent toxoplasmosis: a retrospective case-control studyJaroslav Flegr
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
BMC Infect Dis 2:11. 2002..It is not know, however, whether the changes observed in laboratory influence the performance of subjects in real-life situations...
- Characteristics of road traffic accidents treated in an urban trauma centerMeir Marmor
Departments of Orthopedics B, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 7:9-12. 2005Road traffic accidents are the leading cause of accidental injury and death for persons under the age of 35...
- MaryPODS revisited: updated crash analysis and implications for screening program implementationLoren Staplin
TransAnalytics, LLC, Kulpsville, PA 18104, USA
J Safety Res 34:389-97. 2003..Due to the relative scarcity of crashes, there has consistently been a problem with analyses that use crashes as a criterion measure in their analyses...
- Energy and transportJames Woodcock
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Lancet 370:1078-88. 2007..There exists the potential for a global contraction and convergence in use of fossil-fuel energy for transport to benefit health and achieve sustainability...
- Human resources for the control of road traffic injuryCharles Mock
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Bull World Health Organ 83:294-300. 2005..This mandates that people from all professional backgrounds who work for RTI control should develop skills in advocacy and politics...
- Relationship between obstructive sleep apnoea, driving simulator performance, and risk of road traffic accidentsP M Turkington
Department of Respiratory Medicine, St James's University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Thorax 56:800-5. 2001BACKGROUND: Obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) has been shown to be associated with an increased risk of road traffic accidents (RTAs). Predicting the driving ability and risk of RTAs in an individual with OSA is difficult...
- Cognitive, sensory and physical factors enabling driving safety in older adultsKaarin J Anstey
Centre for Mental Health Research, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Clin Psychol Rev 25:45-65. 2005..We propose that three enabling factors (cognition, sensory function and physical function/medical conditions) predict driving ability, but that accurate self-monitoring of these enabling factors is required for safe driving behaviour...
- Is Toxoplasma gondii a potential risk for traffic accidents in Turkey?Kor Yereli
Celal Bayar University, School of Medicine, Department of Parasitology, P K 76 45000, Manisa, Turkey
Forensic Sci Int 163:34-7. 2006In Turkey, traffic accidents are the major causes of mortality and morbidity. According to the statistics made by Turkish Security Headquarters in the year 2000, 7500 people are killed in the traffic accidents every year...
- Age and gender differences in risk-taking behaviour as an explanation for high incidence of motor vehicle crashes as a driver in young malesCathy Turner
School of Population Health, Mayne Medical School, University of Queensland, Herston, Queensland 4006, Australia
Inj Control Saf Promot 10:123-30. 2003..The challenge for public health professionals is to determine suitable strategies to modify risk-taking behaviour in young or male drivers...
- Mandible fracture patterns: a suburban trauma center experienceRobert E King
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 25:301-7. 2004..This study attempts to define current, predictable patterns of fracture based on patient characteristics and mechanism of injury...
- Traffic accidents scar Latin America's roadsBarbara Fraser
Lancet 366:703-4. 2005
- Socioeconomic differences in road traffic injuries during childhood and youth: a closer look at different kinds of road userM Hasselberg
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Social Medicine, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Epidemiol Community Health 55:858-62. 2001..To assess the modification effect of gender of child...
- The prevalence of alcohol, cannabinoids, benzodiazepines and stimulants amongst injured drivers and their role in driver culpability: part i: the prevalence of drug use in drive the drug-positive groupM C Longo
Department of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, University of Adelaide, SA, Australia
Accid Anal Prev 32:613-22. 2000..Single-vehicle crashes were particularly associated with alcohol for both car driver and riders, and for riders, multiple-vehicle crashes were particularly associated with THC...
- Economic development and traffic accident mortality in the industrialized world, 1962-1990E F Van Beeck
Department of Public Health, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Epidemiol 29:503-9. 2000..We examined the association between prosperity and traffic accident mortality in the industrialized world in a long-term perspective...
- Executive functions in the evaluation of accident risk of older driversGeneviève Daigneault
Réseau de Santé Richelieu Yamaska de St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 24:221-38. 2002..The results confirm the importance of proper assessment of cognitive processes and underscore the potential of measuring executive functions for the evaluation of driving competence of elderly persons...
- Exploring the relationship between development and road traffic injuries: a case study from IndiaNitin Garg
Department of Surgery, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Eur J Public Health 16:487-91. 2006..We aim to study the trends in injury and death rates in a developing country, India, define sub-national variations, and analyse these trends in relation to economic and population growth...
- Safety education of pedestrians for injury prevention: a systematic review of randomised controlled trialsOlivier Duperrex
Institut de Medecine Sociale et Preventive, CMU, CH 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
BMJ 324:1129. 2002..To quantify the effectiveness of safety education of pedestrians...
- Traffic fatalities and economic growthElizabeth Kopits
US EPA National Center for Environmental Economics, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave, N W, MC 1809T, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Accid Anal Prev 37:169-78. 2005..The road death rate is projected to rise to approximately 2 per 10,000 persons in developing countries by 2020, while it will fall to less than 1 per 10,000 in high-income countries...
- Prospective study of posttraumatic stress disorder and depression following traumaA Y Shalev
Department of Psychiatry, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Psychiatry 155:630-7. 1998..The purpose of this study was to prospectively evaluate the onset, overlap, and course of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and major depression following traumatic events...
- Higher prevalence of toxoplasmosis in victims of traffic accidents suggest increased risk of traffic accident in Toxoplasma-infected inhabitants of Istanbul and its suburbsBekir Kocazeybek
Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology Department, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Forensic Sci Int 187:103-8. 2009..the frequency of the latent toxoplasmosis (LT) in the driver population who were either injured or died in traffic accidents reported in Istanbul and its suburbs...
- Sex and age distribution in transport-related injuries in TehranBahman Sayyar Roudsari
Sina Trauma Research Center, Sina General Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, 11365 Tehran, Iran
Accid Anal Prev 36:391-8. 2004..Crude mortality rate in men was nearly two times that of women (6.2% versus 3.8%). After adjustment for age, injury severity score (ISS) and category of the road users, men and women had similar mortality rate...
- Comparison of the prevalence of alcohol, cannabis and other drugs between 900 injured drivers and 900 control subjects: results of a French collaborative studyP Mura
Laboratoire de Biochimie et Toxicologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, BP 577, 86021 Poitiers, France
Forensic Sci Int 133:79-85. 2003....
- A review of evidence-based traffic engineering measures designed to reduce pedestrian-motor vehicle crashesRichard A Retting
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, 1005 N Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22201, USA
Am J Public Health 93:1456-63. 2003..Our review, which emphasized inclusion of studies with adequate methodological designs, showed that modification of the built environment can substantially reduce the risk of pedestrian-vehicle crashes...
- Fragility and crash over-representation among older drivers in Western AustraliaLynn B Meuleners
School of Public Health, Curtin University of Technology, GPO Box U 1987, Perth, WA 6845, Australia
Accid Anal Prev 38:1006-10. 2006....
- Factors associated with fatal traffic accidents in Tirana, Albania: cross-sectional studyGentiana Qirjako
Faculty of Medicine, Rr Dibres No 371, Tirana, Albania
Croat Med J 49:734-40. 2008To assess the prevalence of fatal road traffic accidents in Tirana, Albania, and describe their determinants.
- Risk factors in highway traffic accidents: a case control studyM Hijar
Centro de Investigaciones en Sistemas de Salud, Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Mor, Mexico
Accid Anal Prev 32:703-9. 2000..69, CI 1.67 4.32. The identification of factors associated with the risk of being involved in a highway traffic accident allows us to propose primary prevention measures for this important public health problem...
- Cannabis use and traffic accidents in a birth cohort of young adultsD M Fergusson
Department of Psychological Medicine, Christchurch School of Medicine, New Zealand
Accid Anal Prev 33:703-11. 2001..to examine linkages between cannabis use and traffic accident risks in a birth cohort of 907 young New Zealanders studied from 18 to 21 years...
- Cleft cavum of the septum pellucidum in victims of fatal road traffic accidents: a distinct type of cavum associated with severe diffuse axonal injuryJosé Eymard Homem Pittella
Laboratory of Neuropathology, Department of Pathology and Forensic Medicine, School of Medicine, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Minas Gerais, 30130 100 Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Surg Neurol 63:S30-4; discussion S34-5. 2005..The cavum of the septum pellucidum (CSP) is a small cavity constantly present in fetuses and newborns, of variable frequency among necropsied adults and with a high frequency in professional boxers...
- Road-traffic injuries: confronting disparities to address a global-health problemShanthi Ameratunga
Injury Prevention Research Centre, School of Population Health, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Lancet 367:1533-40. 2006..Appropriately responding to these disparities in available evidence and prevention efforts is necessary if we are to comprehensively address this global-health dilemma...
- Self-reported sleepiness while driving as a risk factor for traffic accidents in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome and in non-apnoeic snorersP Lloberes
Serveis de Pneumologia i Neurofisiologia Clínica, Barcelona, Spain
Respir Med 94:971-6. 2000..syndrome (OSAS) is a condition causing daytime sleepiness and has been related to an increased risk for traffic accidents. However, the evidence linking severity of OSAS to a higher rate of automobile crashes is based on limited ..
- Developing limits for driving under cannabisFranjo Grotenhermen
Nova Institut, Hürth, Germany
Addiction 102:1910-7. 2007..Development of a rational and enforceable basis for controlling the impact of cannabis use on traffic safety...
- Culpable versus non-culpable traffic accidents; what is wrong with this picture?A E af Wåhlberg
Department of Psychology, Uppsala University, PO Box 1225, 751 42 Uppsala, Sweden
J Safety Res 38:453-9. 2007..However, this assumption is dependent upon differences in the criterion used for culpability. If drivers are erroneously categorized by assuming randomness, results could be grossly misleading...
- Posttraumatic nightmares and psychopathology in children after road traffic accidentsLutz Wittmann
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Zurich, Culmannstrasse 8, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Trauma Stress 23:232-9. 2010..Thirty-two children were longitudinally assessed 10 days, 2 months, and 6 months after traffic accidents. Occurrence and characteristics of nightmares were examined and their relation to psychopathology assessed...
- [Fatal traffic accidents and their association with the infant mortality rate and adolescence]Maria Teresa Nardin Sauer
Departamento de Pediatria e Puericultura, Universidade Luterana do Brasil, Canoas, RS, 92420 280, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 19:1519-26. 2003This ecological study evaluates the association between fatality rates in traffic accidents (FR-V) and the study variables: infant mortality rate (IMR), proportion of young drivers involved in motor vehicle accidents (MVA) with ..
- Monitoring sleepiness with on-board electrophysiological recordings for preventing sleep-deprived traffic accidentsChristos Papadelis
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, School of Medicine, Laboratory of Medical Informatics, PO Box 323, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Clin Neurophysiol 118:1906-22. 2007....
- Emotional stress and traffic accidents: the impact of separation and divorceEmmanuel Lagarde
INSERM U88, 94415 Saint Maurice, France
Epidemiology 15:762-6. 2004Personal responses to stressful life events are suspected of increasing the risk of serious traffic accidents.
- Economic costs of traffic accidents in JordanH R al-Masaeid
Civil Engineering Department, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid
Accid Anal Prev 31:347-57. 1999The objectives of this study were to estimate the economic costs of traffic accidents in Jordan during the year of 1996 and to derive unit accident costs for various accident severity levels...
- The relationship between benzodiazepine use and traffic accidents: A systematic literature reviewBeitske E Smink
Department of Toxicology, Netherlands Forensic Institute, The Hague, The Netherlands
CNS Drugs 24:639-53. 2010..Results of epidemiological studies investigating the association between benzodiazepine use and traffic accidents seem to be inconclusive or inconsistent at first sight...
- Risk factors in urban road traffic accidentsAriana Vorko-Jovic
Department of Statistics, Epidemiology and Informatics, Andrija Stampar School of Public Health, Medical School, University of Zagreb, 10 000 Zagreb, Rockefellerova 4, Croatia
J Safety Res 37:93-8. 2006..The urban road traffic accident (RTA) risks for the city of Zagreb, Croatia, from 1999 through 2000 were analyzed with the aim of reducing the increasing injury incidence...
- Identifying significant predictors of injury severity in traffic accidents using a series of artificial neural networksDursun Delen
Department of Management Science and Information Systems, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, 74106, USA
Accid Anal Prev 38:434-44. 2006..The results, mostly validated by the findings of previous studies, provide insight into the changing importance of crash factors with the changing injury severity levels...
- Consequences of road traffic accidents for different types of road userRichard Mayou
Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford University, OX37JX, Oxford, UK
Injury 34:197-202. 2003..A third of all groups described chronic adverse consequences which were principally psychological, social and legal...
- Non-fatal injuries sustained in road traffic accidents: a pilot study in provincial hospitals in Chon Buri, ThailandSansnee Jirojwong
Faculty of Arts, Health and Sciences, Central Queensland University, Rockhampton, Australia
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 33:193-200. 2002..The results were similar to those of previous studies. The different characteristics of patients who receive care at referral--and non-referral hospitals need to be taken into account when designing traffic accident reduction programs...
- Predicting posttraumatic stress symptoms in children after road traffic accidentsMarkus A Landolt
University Children s Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:1276-83. 2005To prospectively assess the prevalence, course, and predictors of posttraumatic stress symptoms (PTSSs) in children after road traffic accidents (RTAs).
- Fragility versus excessive crash involvement as determinants of high death rates per vehicle-mile of travel among older driversGuohua Li
Department of Emergency Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 East Monument Street, Suite 6 100, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Accid Anal Prev 35:227-35. 2003..These findings suggest that measures to improve the protection of older vehicle occupants in crashes should be vigorously pursued...
- Neurological outcome in road traffic accidents with spinal cord injurySasa Moslavac
Spinal Unit, Special Medical Rehabilitation Hospital, Varazdinske Toplice, Croatia
Coll Antropol 32:583-6. 2008The aim of the study was to investigate neurological outcome in road traffic accidents (RTA) with spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- Awareness of driving while sleepy and road traffic accidents: prospective study in GAZEL cohortHermann Nabi
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U687 IFR69, Saint Maurice, F 94415 France
BMJ 333:75. 2006To examine the association between self assessed driving while sleepy and the risk of serious road traffic accidents (RTAs).
- Knee injuries in restrained car drivers in German road traffic accidentsCarl Haasper
Trauma Department, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Trauma 65:136-41. 2008..The purpose of this study was to estimate the prevalence of knee injuries in real world car crashes in Germany. Restrained car drivers (RCD) were included in a medical and technical analysis to create a basis for preventive measures...
- Pedestrian injuries resulting from road traffic accidents: the Azare experienceH Umaru
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, Maiduguri, Nigeria
Niger J Med 16:169-72. 2007..Road traffic accident (RTA) is a leading cause of serious morbidity and mortality world wide. The pedestrians are not spared from this epidemic...
- Patterns of driver stress and coping strategies in a Greek sample and their relationship to aberrant behaviors and traffic accidentsTom Kontogiannis
Department of Production Engineering and Management, Technical University of Crete, University Campus, Chania 73100, Crete, Greece
Accid Anal Prev 38:913-24. 2006..Alertness and confidence were both related to safety orientation but failed to predict accident rates and speeding convictions...
- Factors associated with seatbelt, helmet, and child safety seat use in a spanish high-risk injury areaGastón Oscar Babio
Escuela Andaluza de Salud Publica, Campus Universitario de Cartuja, Granada, Spain
J Trauma 60:620-6; discussion 626. 2006..Focus of motor vehicle crashes death prevention is actually placed on preinjury period. The purpose of this study was to estimate predictors of using seatbelts, helmet and children safety seats...
- Road traffic deaths, injuries and disabilities in India: current scenarioG Gururaj
Department of Epidemiology, WHO Collaborating Centre for Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore 560029, Karnataka, India
Natl Med J India 21:14-20. 2008..Health professionals can contribute in numerous ways and should take a lead role in reducing the burden of road traffic injuries in India...
- Patterns of injuries and motor-vehicle traffic accidents in AthensE Pikoulis
First Department of Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, St Thomas 17, Goudi, 11527, Athens, Greece
Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 13:190-3. 2006..The study was performed during a 3-year period, from 1996 to 1998; 4564 persons were interviewed. Traffic accidents were more frequent on weekdays with a seasonal peak in July and among young Greeks (aged 25 - 34 years)...
- Nighttime driving, passenger transport, and injury crash rates of young driversT M Rice
Southern California Injury Prevention Research Center, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Public Health, 90024, USA
Inj Prev 9:245-50. 2003....
- Killer crashes: fatal road traffic accidents in the UKDavid D Clarke
School of Psychology, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Accid Anal Prev 42:764-70. 2010Road traffic accidents are responsible for over 3000 deaths per year in the UK, according to Department for Transport (2004a) figures...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder following road traffic accidents - a second prospective studyPaul Stallard
Dept of Child and Family Psychiatry, Royal United Hospital, Combe Park, Bath, BA1 3NG, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 13:172-8. 2004The aim of this prospective study was to determine the psychological effects of everyday road traffic accidents (RTAs).
- Drugs and fatal traffic accidents in the Czech RepublicViktor Mravcik
Czech National Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction, Prague, Czech Republic
Cent Eur J Public Health 15:158-62. 2007The aim of the study was to determine the prevalence of psychotropic drug use in active participants in traffic accidents who died during the accident or shortly after it due to injuries resulting from the accident.
- [Work profile and traffic accidents among motorcycle couriers in two medium-sized cities in the State of Paraná, Brazil]Daniela Wosiack da Silva
Departamento de Fisioterapia, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Londrina, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 24:2643-52. 2008This cross-sectional study focused on motorcycle couriers (work profile, work conditions, and traffic accidents) in Londrina and Maringá, Paraná State, Brazil. Data were collected from self-completed questionnaires in 2005-2006...
- Medical risks in epilepsy: a review with focus on physical injuries, mortality, traffic accidents and their preventionTorbjorn Tomson
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Epilepsy Res 60:1-16. 2004..of prevention; mortality, its causes, risk factors and prevention of seizure-related deaths, as well as traffic accidents, their risk factors and the effectiveness of prevention...
- Socioeconomic aspects of the circumstances and consequences of car crashes among young adultsMarie Hasselberg
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Social Medicine, Norrbacka, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Soc Sci Med 60:287-95. 2005..In conclusion,the excess risk of young drivers from lower socioeconomic groups is consistent over crash severity but more pronounced as severity increases and for certain crash circumstances...
- No evidence of sleep disturbance in post-traumatic stress disorder: a polysomnographic study in injured victims of traffic accidentsEhud Klein
Department of Psychiatry, Rambam Medical Center, and Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 39:3-10. 2002..Thus, little is known about the development of sleep disturbances in recently traumatized subjects...
- [Traffic accidents from the motorcycle couriers' perspective: feedback for health promotion]Andréa Márian Veronese
Escola de Enfermagem, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 22:2717-21. 2006..Considering the high incidence of traffic accidents with motorcycle couriers in Porto Alegre, these strategies have apparently not been effective...
- [Relation between traffic accidents and sleep apnea syndrome in truck drivers]Fatma Fidan
Department of Chest Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyon, Turkey
Tuberk Toraks 55:278-84. 2007..driving on empty roads, long distance drives, and those drives requiring low motor activity, and causes traffic accidents. We aimed to investigate the frequency of OSAS in long distance truck drivers and to evaluate the relation ..
- Road traffic accidents and the elderlySuzan Abou-Raya
Geriatric Unit, Internal Medicine Department, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt
Geriatr Gerontol Int 9:290-7. 2009To identify and evaluate the causes and characteristics of road traffic accidents (RTA) and to analyze injury patterns in elderly road traffic victims in order to apply appropriate measures for the prevention of RTA in the elderly.
- Increased neurofibrillary tangles in the brains of older pedestrians killed in traffic accidentsC A Gorrie
Neural Injury Research Unit, School of Medical Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 22:20-6. 2006..Using neuropathological methods, we aimed to compare the prevalence of dementia pathology in fatally injured older pedestrians with similarly aged ambulatory subjects who died from other causes...
- Road traffic accidents and diabetes: insulin use does not determine riskK F Lonnen
Diabetes and Vascular Research, Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
Diabet Med 25:578-84. 2008..This reflects an assumption that an increased risk of hypoglycaemia in these patients will cause road traffic accidents. These restrictions have been implemented without any consistent evidence that this is the case...
- Dread risk, September 11, and fatal traffic accidentsGerd Gigerenzer
Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Berlin, Germany
Psychol Sci 15:286-7. 2004..I conclude that informing the public about psychological research concerning dread risks could possibly save lives...
- Risk of permanent medical impairment (RPMI) in road traffic accidentsSigrun Malm
Folksam Research Stockholm, Sweden and Karolinska Institutet, Solna, Sweden
Ann Adv Automot Med 52:93-100. 2008..The result can be used for road transport system strategies, and for making priority decisions in vehicle design...
- Trends in young driver risk and countermeasures in European countriesDivera A M Twisk
Institute for Road Safety Research SWOV, The Netherlands
J Safety Res 38:245-57. 2007..European evaluation studies show mixed results regarding these elements, pointing to a need for more research into the effective components...
- [Risky behavior for traffic accidents: a survey among medical students in Southern Brazil]Selma Maffei de Andrade
Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Departamento de Saúde Coletiva, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, PR
Rev Assoc Med Bras 49:439-44. 2003b>Traffic accidents are one of the most frequent cause of mortality among Brazilian youths. Therefore, this study aimed at detecting the prevalence of risk factors for such accidents in a young population.
- Road traffic accidents in the United Arab Emirates: trends of morbidity and mortality during 1977-1998Mohammed El-Sadig
Department of Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE University, United Arab Emirates, Al Ain
Accid Anal Prev 34:465-76. 2002High rates of serious road traffic accidents (RTAs) have been reported for several Arabian Gulf countries, including the United Arab Emirates (UAE). in recent years...
- Road traffic accidents and policy interventions in KoreaBong Min Yang
School of Public Health, Seoul National University, Yunkun dong, Jongro Ku, Seoul, 110 799, Korea
Inj Control Saf Promot 10:89-94. 2003..However, road traffic crashes still pose a major public health problem, threatening the quality of life of the Korean people...
- Toronto bicycle commuter safety ratesL Aultman-Hall
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40506 0281, USA
Accid Anal Prev 31:675-86. 1999..The analysis also demonstrates a successful method to quantify bicycle travel exposure information and should be considered for further use as complement to other existing techniques...
- Fatal road traffic accidents in the Mthatha area of South Africa, 1993-2004B L Meel
Department of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Walter Sisulu University for Technology and Science, Mthatha, E Cape
S Afr Med J 98:716-9. 2008Trauma is one of the leading causes of death in the Mthatha area, which is one of the least developed regions of South Africa. Road traffic accidents (RTAs) contribute substantially to the number of such deaths.
- Clinical Development of Hemostatic Agent ClotFoam for Severe HemorrhageMaja Nowakowski; Fiscal Year: 2013..Over 40% of the trauma cases admitted at hospitals in the United States is due to road traffic accidents. Hemorrhage is the primary cause of death on the battlefield in conventional warfare...
- 16th ISBRA ConferenceEdward P Riley; Fiscal Year: 2012..It plays a significant role in cirrhosis, epilepsy, traffic accidents, poisonings, cancer and violence...
- Intracavitary Hemostatic Agent for Non-compressible HemorrhageMartin Bluth; Fiscal Year: 2007..On average, nationwide 41.8% of the trauma cases admitted at hospitals are due to road traffic accidents. Also, hemorrhage remains the primary cause of death on the battlefield in conventional warfare...
- Alcohol Advertising, Drinking and Driving: A Study of Underage Youth and AdultsDean R Lillard; Fiscal Year: 2013..For example, in 2006 alcohol was involved in traffic accidents that killed 13,740 people in the U.S...
- Probiotic Yogurt for the Treatment of Minimal Hepatic EncephalopathyJasmohan S Bajaj; Fiscal Year: 2011..basis for a RO1 proposal to develop the use of probiotics as a biologically-based alternative treatment with long-term outcomes of prognosis, development of overt encephalopathy and prevention of traffic accidents in patients with MHE.
- Using Technology To Deliver Brief Interventions in DUI ProgramsKatherine E Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2010..08 or greater. Traffic accidents are among the top 10 leading causes of disability in the US...
- Treating Adolescents with CSA-Related PTSDEdna B Foa; Fiscal Year: 2010..of trauma and in fact is much less relevant in the US than other types of trauma such as natural disasters, traffic accidents and assault...
- Evaluating South Dakota's 24/7 Sobriety ProgramBEAU GRIFFIN KILMER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 4: Estimate the effect of 24/7 on health and social outcomes including alcohol-related traffic accidents, hospital admissions, arrests, and reported crimes. Aim 5: Monetize the costs and benefits of 24/7...
- Blood Glucose Training for Women with Type 1 Diabetes Contemplating PregnancyLee M Ritterband; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., traffic accidents, maternal death)...
- Pain and Physical Decline Among Elderly Involved in Minor Traffic AccidentsTIMOTHY FORTESCUE PLATTS-MILLS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Developing such interventions is critical, because it has been estimated that by 2030 25% of drivers will be 65 years of age or older. ..
- Translation and Dissemination of Simulators for Novice DriversR WADE ALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2012PROJECT SUMMARY Traffic accidents are the leading cause of teenage injury and death...
- Quantifying the impact of rare mutations on ADHDBENJAMIN MICHAEL NEALE; Fiscal Year: 2013..persist into adulthood when the disorder is additionally associated with occupational failure, criminality, traffic accidents, substance abuse and increased medical health care utilization...
- Further validation of the Iowa Sleep Disturbances Inventory (ISDI)ERIN A KOFFEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Research shows that sleep problems are increasing and are linked to reduced productivity, increased traffic accidents, and increased medical illness. Sleep problems are also a modifiable risk factor for psychiatric illness...
- Getting to Outcomes and Underage DrinkingMatthew Chinman; Fiscal Year: 2010..provided by applicant): Underage drinking negatively impacts public health in communities, causing traffic accidents, risky sexual behaviors and alcohol disorders...
- The effects of alcohol on cerebellar synaotic transmission and plasticityCHRISTIAN ROBERT HANSEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..these is impaired motor coordination, which contributes to the high rate of deaths caused by alcohol-related traffic accidents. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The cerebellum is a brain structure involved in the fine-adjustment of motor ..
- PUPILLOMETRIC SLEEPINESS IN TREATED SLEEP DISORDERSJoan Shaver; Fiscal Year: 2003..apnea and narcolepsy can experience a diminished quality of life, decreased productivity, and workplace and traffic accidents due to the pathologic excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) associated with these disorders...
- Translation and Dissemination of Simulator for Novice DriversR Allen; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Traffic accidents are the leading cause of teenage injury and death...
- Residual Effects of Ecstasy on Decision-Making & DrivingAntoine Bechara; Fiscal Year: 2007..The widespread use of ecstasy by young people causes concern, especially due to its associated risk of traffic accidents. Epidemiological research and case studies have shown that impaired judgment and higher risk taking are the ..
- TREATMENT OF CHRONIC PTSD SECONDARY TO TRAFFIC ACCIDENTSEdward Blanchard; Fiscal Year: 2000..Waiting list controls will receive the cognitive behavioral treatment after their reassessment. ..
- Reforming Alcohol Taxes: Health and Fiscal IssuesIAN PARRY; Fiscal Year: 2007..for alcohol consumption, deaths and non-fatal injuries/illness avoided, and incidence of alcohol-related traffic accidents, will be studied in order to prioritize among different options for reform...
- CYPs/2D18 Limit Inflammation Cascade Following Brain InjuryHENRY STROBEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..In humans, closed head injury resulting from various sources of trauma to the brain (e.g., traffic accidents, violence) constitutes a serious, often intractable clinical problem frequently leading to death or the ..
- Abnormal Olivocerebellar Synchrony: A Possible Cause of Alcohol Withdrawal TremorERIC LANG; Fiscal Year: 2009..Moreover, with impaired motor coordination a major reason for alcohol being a factor in traffic accidents and deaths, understanding alcohol's actions on motor systems is of obvious medical significance.
- ECONOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF DRUNK DRIVING COUNTERMEASURESDonald Kenkel; Fiscal Year: 1993..b>Traffic accidents are one of the leading causes of death in the United States, and it is estimated that alcohol is involved in ..
- Protective Role of Spirituality in Alcohol and HIV RiskKathy Goggin; Fiscal Year: 2002..including higher risk of alcohol dependence, serious health problems including suicide and alcohol-related traffic accidents. While rates of heavy drinking among other adolescents have declined, rates among African-American youth ..
- Noninvasive Home Monitor for Sleep Apnea TestingBRIAN CRAINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Daytime somnolence leads to increased traffic accidents and decreased worker production...
- CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF YOUTHFUL DRINKINGPHILIP COOK; Fiscal Year: 1993Although-the focus of public concern with youthful drinking has been on its contribution to traffic accidents, there are also longer term effects that may have high social costs...
- RESEARCH SYNTHESIS TO ASSESS COMMUNITY DRUG PREVENTIONDenise Hallfors; Fiscal Year: 2001..The use of drugs has profound negative health consequences and is associated with traffic accidents, criminal activity, infant morbidity; and the spread of HIV...
- EVALUATION OF EFFORTS TO REDUCE BORDER BINGE DRINKINGRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2002..El Paso/Juarez, a border town with a similar border-binge drinking problem will, serve as a comparison site. ..
- ENHANCING ALCOHOL INTERLOCK EFFECTS ON 1ST DUI OFFENDERSRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2004..This research builds on experience gained in a 5-year RO1-funded program in Alberta, Canada. ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL PREVENTION OF COLLEGE ALCOHOL PROBLEMSRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Drivers with Alcohol Use Disorders: At high risk for crashes?Robert B Voas; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will determine the prevalence of drivers with alcohol use disorders in traffic crashes and provide information to policymakers concerned with treatment and prevention programs. ..
- Six Programs for the Future of Alcohol SafetyRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2007..Voas to become involved in a broader range of programs than if he otherwise were limited by taking on the full management of individual R01 projects. For this effort we are requesting 5 years of support for 75% of Dr. Voas' time. ..
- Campuses selling alcohol--Profit of Problem?Robert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Campuses selling alcohol--Profit of Problem?Robert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Lowering the drinking age: The New Zealand exampleRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Prevention of Neck Injuries in Older Adults During Rear Motor Vehicle CollsionsPAUL IVANCIC; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed project will provide important research-based data that may form the basis for future safety standards and help to decrease the frequency and severity of neck injuries in older adults, thus benefiting society. ..
- Predicting Driver Safety in Parkinson's DiseaseErgun Uc; Fiscal Year: 2007..Fair and accurate means of detecting unfit drivers with PD will help mitigate the tragedy of motor vehicle crashes caused by these impaired individuals. ..
- Public Health Model to Promote Safe Elderly DrivingSherrilene Classen; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- An Evaluation of the Night Restriction and Passenger Limitation Components of GraJames Fell; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PREVENTING ALCOHOL SALES TO MINORSAlexander Wagenaar; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Effect of 14 Underage Drinking Laws on Youthful DeathsJames Fell; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- HEALTH/SAFETY IMPACT OF ONTARIOS DRINKING HOURSEvelyn Vingilis; Fiscal Year: 2001..Alcohol-related casualties for both cities will be subjected to time-series analyses. In addition, Detroit data will be disaggregated to analyze the trends of alcohol-related casualties involving Ontario drivers. ..
- Alcohol-Related Risk Behavior: Adolescent to Young AdultJean Shope; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results from this study will provide the necessary background for developing effective prevention and intervention of these personally and socially costly behaviors. ..
- ALCOHOL & CRASH FATALITIES: ETHNIC GROUPS AT RISKEduardo Romano; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results from the project will be useful to policymakers and program managers and will inform the design and delivery of traffic safety interventions tailored to minority populations. ..
- Tailored Web Program to Reduce At-Risk College DrinkingC Raymond Bingham; Fiscal Year: 2009..If effective, the proposed intervention could be inexpensively modified to deliver effective interventions to large numbers of university students, members of other populations, and to target other health risk behaviors. ..
- Model-Based Methods for the Analyses of Weighted DataMichael Elliott; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- COSTS AND BENEFITS OF ALCOHOL SERVICES & INTERVENTIONSMichael French; Fiscal Year: 2005..S. as well as abroad, the proposed study holds important potential to assist researchers, policymakers, and program directors with economic evaluation guidelines and "real world" applications. ..
- AGING AND PERFORMANCE OF COGNITIVE AND PERCEPTUAL TASKSGEORGE ANDERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this research will be beneficial in understanding the increased accident risk associated with age. ..
- ECONOMIC EVALUATION METHODS--DEVELOPMENT & APPLICATIONSMichael French; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Feasibility Study of Soccer InjuriesMelissa Schiff; Fiscal Year: 2007..Findings from this research will be used to for the development of a large, prospective cohort study to evaluate potentially modifiable risk factors for injury among female youth soccer players. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- In-school and community media preventionMichael Slater; Fiscal Year: 2008..As a result, the school and community treatments are crossed and can each be assessed within an HLM framework. Cost-effectiveness data will also be collected and assessed. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanism Underlying the Effects of Blue Light in HumansSTEVEN LOCKLEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- UNDERSTANDING OCCUPATIONAL INJURY AND ILLNESS TRENDSTed Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002..We also will pilot test use of an input-output model to assess the impact of occupational injury/illness on the economy. ..
- TREATMENT OF CIRCADIAN SLEEP DISORDERS WITH BRIGHT LIGHTSteven W Lockley; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Economic Consequences of Alcohol Use DisordersMichael French; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, the research significance is high because few studies have used contemporary research methods and data to estimate the economic effects of alcohol use and abuse. ..
- CERVICAL SPINE INJURIES IN FRONT, REAR AND SIDE IMPACTSManohar Panjabi; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Combining Data from the NHIS and BRFSSMichael Elliott; Fiscal Year: 2004..This approach is particularly promising because, in contrast to other proposed techniques, it can be applied using existing publicly available data. ..
- Photic and Nonphotic Input to the Human Circadian SystemSTEVEN LOCKLEY; Fiscal Year: 2008..limits of entrainment for non-photic synchronizers in order to potentially evaluate the efficacy of such time cues for treatment of circadian rhythm sleep-wake disorders in both the blind and sighted populations [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Economic Evaluation Methods: Development and ApplicationMichael French; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Energy Absorbing Transit Safe Wheelchair CasterLINDA VANROOSMALEN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Upon successful completion of Phase I, FrogLegs will pursue Phase II STTR funding to further develop the transit safe caster-fork assembly for daily use on a variety of wheelchairs. ..
- Three Methods for Costing Methadone Treatment ServicesGARY ZARKIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..