Genomes and Genes
Summary: Conformity in fulfilling or following official, recognized, or institutional requirements, guidelines, recommendations, protocols, pathways, or other standards.
Publications298 found, 100 shown here
- From best evidence to best practice: effective implementation of change in patients' careRichard Grol
Centre for Quality of Care Research WOK, Universities of Nijmegen and Maastricht, PO Box 9101, WOK 229 6500 HB, Nijmegen, Netherlands
Lancet 362:1225-30. 2003..In general, evidence shows that none of the approaches for transferring evidence to practice is superior to all changes in all situations...
- Why don't physicians follow clinical practice guidelines? A framework for improvementM D Cabana
Department of Pediatrics, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
JAMA 282:1458-65. 1999..Despite wide promulgation, clinical practice guidelines have had limited effect on changing physician behavior. Little is known about the process and factors involved in changing physician practices in response to guidelines...
- CONSORT statement: extension to cluster randomised trialsMarion K Campbell
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD
BMJ 328:702-8. 2004
- What drives change? Barriers to and incentives for achieving evidence-based practiceRichard Grol
Centre for Quality of Care Research WOK, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Med J Aust 180:S57-60. 2004..Planning needs to take into account the nature of the innovation; characteristics of the professionals and patients involved; and the social, organisational, economic and political context...
- The quality of health care delivered to adults in the United StatesElizabeth A McGlynn
RAND, Santa Monica, Calif 90407, USA
N Engl J Med 348:2635-45. 2003..We have little systematic information about the extent to which standard processes involved in health care--a key element of quality--are delivered in the United States...
- Effectiveness of a hospital-wide programme to improve compliance with hand hygiene. Infection Control ProgrammeD Pittet
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Geneva Hospitals, and Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 356:1307-12. 2000..We attempted to promote hand hygiene by implementing a hospital-wide programme, with special emphasis on bedside, alcohol-based hand disinfection. We measured nosocomial infections in parallel...
- Clinical practice guidelines and quality of care for older patients with multiple comorbid diseases: implications for pay for performanceCynthia M Boyd
Division of Geriatric Medicine, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
JAMA 294:716-24. 2005..Clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) have been developed to improve the quality of health care for many chronic conditions. Pay-for-performance initiatives assess physician adherence to interventions that may reflect CPG recommendations...
- Factors influencing the implementation of clinical guidelines for health care professionals: a systematic meta-reviewAnneke L Francke
NIVEL Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, PO Box 1568, 3500 BN Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 8:38. 2008..The aim of this meta-review is twofold: firstly, to gain a better understanding of which factors affect the implementation of guidelines, and secondly, to provide insight into the "state-of-the-art" regarding research within this field...
- The Surviving Sepsis Campaign: results of an international guideline-based performance improvement program targeting severe sepsisMitchell M Levy
Division of Pulmonary, Sleep and Critical Care Medicine Care Medicine, Brown University School of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
Crit Care Med 38:367-74. 2010..A performance improvement initiative targeted changing clinical behavior (process improvement) via bundles based on key SSC guideline recommendations...
- Intermittent preventive treatment of malaria during pregnancy: a qualitative study of knowledge, attitudes and practices of district health managers, antenatal care staff and pregnant women in Korogwe District, North-Eastern TanzaniaGodfrey Mubyazi
National Institute for Medical Research, Ubwari Research Station, P O Box 81, Muheza, Tanzania
Malar J 4:31. 2005..This study assesses the knowledge, attitudes and practices of these groups in relation to malaria control with emphasis on IPTp services...
- Translation of artemether-lumefantrine treatment policy into paediatric clinical practice: an early experience from KenyaD Zurovac
Malaria Public Health and Epidemiology Group, KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Nairobi, Kenya
Trop Med Int Health 13:99-107. 2008..To describe the quality of outpatient paediatric malaria case-management approximately 4-6 months after artemether-lumefantrine (AL) replaced sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP) as the nationally recommended first-line therapy in Kenya...
- Supply-related drivers of staff motivation for providing intermittent preventive treatment of malaria during pregnancy in Tanzania: evidence from two rural districtsGodfrey M Mubyazi
National Institute for Medical Research NIMR, Centre for Enhancement of Effective Malaria Interventions CEEMI, 2338 Ocean Road, P, O Box 9653, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Malar J 11:48. 2012....
- Perceived barriers to guideline adherence: a survey among general practitionersMarjolein Lugtenberg
Scientific centre for care and welfare TRANZO, Tilburg University, PO Box 90153, 5000 LE Tilburg, The Netherlands
BMC Fam Pract 12:98. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the perceived barriers to guideline adherence among GPs by focusing on key recommendations within guidelines.
- EUROASPIRE III: a survey on the lifestyle, risk factors and use of cardioprotective drug therapies in coronary patients from 22 European countriesKornelia Kotseva
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, UK
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 16:121-37. 2009....
- Trends in utilization of lipid- and blood pressure-lowering agents and goal attainment among the U.S. diabetic population, 1999-2008Andreas Kuznik
Pfizer Inc, New York, New York, USA
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:31. 2011..This analysis assessed recent trends in the utilization of lipid-lowering and BP-lowering agents, as well as LDL-C and BP goal attainment, in the U.S. adult diabetic population...
- Impact of the Surviving Sepsis Campaign protocols on hospital length of stay and mortality in septic shock patients: results of a three-year follow-up quasi-experimental studyAlvaro Castellanos-Ortega
Intensive Care Medicine Department, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Santander, Spain
Crit Care Med 38:1036-43. 2010..To describe the effectiveness of the Surviving Sepsis Campaign bundles with regard to both implementation and outcome in patients with septic shock and to determine the contribution of the various elements of the bundles to the outcome...
- Getting evidence into practice: the role and function of facilitationGill Harvey
Quality Improvement Programme, RCN Institute, Oxford, UK
J Adv Nurs 37:577-88. 2002..This paper presents the findings of a concept analysis of facilitation in relation to successful implementation of evidence into practice...
- How can we improve guideline use? A conceptual framework of implementabilityAnna R Gagliardi
Departments of Surgery and Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation and Institute of Medical Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Implement Sci 6:26. 2011..The purpose of this study was to identify and define features that facilitate guideline use, and examine whether and how they are included in current guidelines...
- Following a natural experiment of guideline adaptation and early implementation: a mixed-methods study of facilitationElizabeth J Dogherty
School of Nursing, Queen s University, Rm 200 78 Barrie St, Kingston, ON K7L 3N6 Canada
Implement Sci 7:9. 2012..With 'Partnership' support, local and external facilitators provided assistance for groups to begin the process by adapting the guidelines and planning for implementation...
- EUROASPIRE III. Management of cardiovascular risk factors in asymptomatic high-risk patients in general practice: cross-sectional survey in 12 European countriesKornelia Kotseva
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, UK
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 17:530-40. 2010..To determine whether the 2003 Joint European Societies' guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in people at high cardiovascular risk have been followed in general practice...
- The World Health Organization hand hygiene observation methodHugo Sax
Infection Control Program, University of Geneva Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Am J Infect Control 37:827-34. 2009..Sample size estimates, survey analysis and report, and major bias and confounding factors associated with observation are discussed...
- Quality of malaria case management at outpatient health facilities in AngolaAlexander K Rowe
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA
Malar J 8:275. 2009..Implementation was complicated by a policy that was sometimes ambiguous...
- Asthma control in Canada remains suboptimal: the Reality of Asthma Control (TRAC) studyJ Mark FitzGerald
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
Can Respir J 13:253-9. 2006..Two Canadian studies showed that 55% of patients with asthma had daily symptoms (in 1996) and that 57% of patients suffered from poorly controlled asthma (in 1999)...
- Impact of a multifaceted intervention on cholesterol management in primary care practices: guideline adherence for heart health randomized trialAlain G Bertoni
Division of Public Health Sciences, Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:678-86. 2009..Physician adherence to National Cholesterol Education Program clinical practice guidelines has been poor...
- Comparison of trial participants and open access users of a web-based physical activity intervention regarding adherence, attrition, and repeated participationMiriam Wanner
Swiss Federal Institute of Sport Magglingen, Magglingen, Switzerland
J Med Internet Res 12:e3. 2010..However, little is known about user characteristics, adherence, attrition, and predictors of repeated participation on open access physical activity websites...
- The effectiveness of clinical guideline implementation strategies--a synthesis of systematic review findingsMathew Prior
Centre for Allied Health Evidence, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
J Eval Clin Pract 14:888-97. 2008..Data sources/study setting Systematic reviews in full text, English language, 1987-2007, reporting any measure of clinical process change or cost-benefit analysis...
- Treatment of uncomplicated malaria at public health facilities and medicine retailers in south-eastern NigeriaLindsay J Mangham
Department of Global Health and Development, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Malar J 10:155. 2011..This study sought to determine the extent of the problem by collecting data as patients and caregivers leave health facilities, and determine what influences the treatment received...
- Adherence to guidelines is a predictor of outcome in chronic heart failure: the MAHLER surveyMichel Komajda
Department of Cardiology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Eur Heart J 26:1653-9. 2005..We investigated the consequences of adherence to care by cardiologists on the rate of CHF and cardiovascular (CV) hospitalizations and time to CV hospitalization...
- The influence of risk status on guideline adherence for patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromesMatthew T Roe
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Am Heart J 151:1205-13. 2006..We characterized guideline adherence for NSTE ACS by risk status.
- Quality of care of people with type 2 diabetes in eight European countries: findings from the Guideline Adherence to Enhance Care (GUIDANCE) studyMargaret A Stone
University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
Diabetes Care 36:2628-38. 2013..We sought to determine levels of adherence in eight European countries to recommendations for the management of type 2 diabetes and to investigate factors associated with key intermediate outcomes...
- Quality of cardiopulmonary resuscitation during out-of-hospital cardiac arrestLars Wik
National Competence Center for Emergency Medicine, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
JAMA 293:299-304. 2005..There is little information on adherence to these guidelines during advanced cardiac life support in the field...
- Accuracy of diagnostic registers and management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the Devon primary care auditRupert C M Jones
Respiratory Research Unit, Peninsula Medical School, 1 Davy Road, Plymouth, UK
Respir Res 9:62. 2008..These lead to inaccurate diagnostic registers and inadequacy of administered treatments. This study represents an audit of COPD diagnosis and management in primary care practices in Devon...
- Systematic review of studies on compliance with hand hygiene guidelines in hospital careVicki Erasmus
Department of Public Health, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:283-94. 2010..To assess the prevalence and correlates of compliance and noncompliance with hand hygiene guidelines in hospital care...
- The effectiveness of interventions aimed at increasing handwashing in healthcare workers - a systematic reviewS Naikoba
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
J Hosp Infect 47:173-80. 2001..Multifaceted approaches which combine education with written material, reminders and continued feedback of performance can have an important effect on handwashing compliance and rates of hospital-acquired infection...
- Evidence-based strategies for implementing guidelines in obstetrics: a systematic reviewNils Chaillet
Research Centre of UHC Sainte Justine, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada nilsc wanadoo fr
Obstet Gynecol 108:1234-45. 2006..To estimate effective strategies for implementing clinical practice guidelines in obstetric care and to identify specific barriers to behavior change and facilitators in obstetrics...
- Standard treatment of female patients with breast cancer decreases substantially for women aged 70 years and older: a German clinical cohort studyK Hancke
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Ulm Medical School, Universitatsfrauenklinik Ulm, Prittwitzstrasse 43, Ulm, Germany
Ann Oncol 21:748-53. 2010..We hypothesized that non-adherence to treatment guidelines occurs for women aged > or =70 years and changes overall survival (OAS) and disease-free survival (DFS)...
- Evaluating two implementation strategies for whiplash guidelines in physiotherapy: a cluster randomised trialTrudy Rebbeck
University of Sydney, Lidcombe, NSW, Australia
Aust J Physiother 52:165-74. 2006..Are implementation strategies involving education any more effective than mere dissemination of clinical practice guidelines in changing physiotherapy practice and reducing patient disability after acute whiplash?..
- Validation of self-reported history of colorectal cancer screeningShariq Khoja
Department of Community Health Sciences at the Aga Khan University in Karachi, Pakistan
Can Fam Physician 53:1192-7. 2007....
- The second Euro Heart Survey on acute coronary syndromes: Characteristics, treatment, and outcome of patients with ACS in Europe and the Mediterranean Basin in 2004Lori Mandelzweig
Neufeld Cardiac Research Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Eur Heart J 27:2285-93. 2006..Our study aimed to examine the management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) in Europe and the Mediterranean basin, and to compare adherence to guidelines with that reported in the first Euro Heart Survey on ACS (EHS-ACS-I), 4 years earlier...
- The Registry of the German Competence NETwork on Atrial Fibrillation: patient characteristics and initial managementMichael Nabauer
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Campus Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistr 15, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Europace 11:423-34. 2009....
- Compliance with antiseptic hand rub use in intensive care units: the Hawthorne effectTim Eckmanns
Institute of Hygiene and Environmental Medicine, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 27:931-4. 2006..To determine the influence the Hawthorne effect has on compliance with antiseptic hand rub (AHR) use among healthcare personnel...
- Barriers to adherence to hypertension guidelines among GPs in southern Sweden: a surveyPatrik Midlöv
Department of Clinical Sciences, Malmö General Practice Family Medicine, Lund University, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 26:154-9. 2008..To evaluate barriers to adherence to hypertension guidelines among publicly employed general practitioners (GPs)...
- The importance of context in malaria diagnosis and treatment decisions - a quantitative analysis of observed clinical encounters in TanzaniaClare I R Chandler
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Trop Med Int Health 13:1131-42. 2008..To gain a better understanding of the decision-making context in the diagnosis of malaria in order to inform behaviour change strategies, using quantitative methods...
- Gaps between knowing and doing: understanding and assessing the barriers to optimal health careLorna J Cochrane
AXDEV Global, Norfolk, Virginia 23503, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 27:94-102. 2007..An in-depth understanding of the barriers and incentives contributing to the gap can lead to interventions that effect change toward optimal practice and thus to better care...
- Timing of antibiotic administration and outcomes for Medicare patients hospitalized with community-acquired pneumoniaPeter M Houck
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:637-44. 2004..Pneumonia accounts for more than 600 000 Medicare hospitalizations yearly. Guidelines have recommended antibiotic treatment within 8 hours of arrival at the hospital...
- Barriers to adherence to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease guidelines by primary care physiciansGregory D Salinas
CE Outcomes, LLC Birmingham, AL 35226, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 6:171-9. 2011..The objective of this study was to elucidate barriers to consistent implementation of COPD guidelines...
- Physicians' perception, knowledge and awareness of cardiovascular risk factors and adherence to prevention guidelines: the PERCRO-DOC surveyZeljko Reiner
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Center Zagreb, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Kispaticeva 12, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Atherosclerosis 213:598-603. 2010..This study was designed to examine the physicians' knowledge and perception of CVD risk factors and perceived implementation of CVD prevention guidelines as well as barriers to their implementation...
- Evidence of suboptimal management of cardiovascular risk in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and symptomatic atherosclerosisLauren C Brown
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Alberta, and the Institute of Health Economics, Edmonton
CMAJ 171:1189-92. 2004..e., coronary artery disease [CAD], cerebrovascular disease [CBVD] or peripheral arterial disease [PAD])...
- Effects of guideline adherence in primary breast cancer--a 5-year multi-center cohort study of 3976 patientsAchim Wockel
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Ulm, University of Ulm Medical Center, Prittwitzstrasse 43, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Breast 19:120-7. 2010The aim of that study was to analyze the impact of German-S3-breast cancer guideline adherence on clinical outcomes.
- Challenges of maintaining research protocol fidelity in a clinical care setting: a qualitative study of the experiences and views of patients and staff participating in a randomized controlled trialJulia Lawton
Centre for Population Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Medical School, Teviot Place, Edinburgh, EH8 9AG, UK
Trials 12:108. 2011..5%) among patients who participated in the Treating to Target in Type 2 Diabetes Trial (4-T). The objective was to inform interpretation of trial outcomes and provide recommendations for future trial delivery...
- Triple-negative breast cancer: the impact of guideline-adherent adjuvant treatment on survival--a retrospective multi-centre cohort studyL Schwentner
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Ulm, Prittwitzstraße 43, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 132:1073-80. 2012..The definition of guideline adherence was based on the German national S3 guideline for diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer (2004)...
- Meeting the physical activity guidelines and survival after breast cancer: findings from the after breast cancer pooling projectJeannette M Beasley
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1000 Fairview Ave N M3 A410, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:637-43. 2012..96, 95% CI, 0.86-1.06). These data suggest that adhering to the PA guidelines may be an important intervention target for reducing mortality among breast cancer survivors...
- Individual, facility and policy level influences on national coverage estimates for intermittent preventive treatment of malaria in pregnancy in TanzaniaTanya Marchant
Department of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Malar J 7:260. 2008..This investigation measured coverage of IPTp at national level in Tanzania and examined the role of individual, facility, and policy level influences on achieved coverage...
- The GuideLine Implementability Appraisal (GLIA): development of an instrument to identify obstacles to guideline implementationRichard N Shiffman
Yale Center for Medical Informatics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 5:23. 2005..Implementability refers to a set of characteristics that predict ease of (and obstacles to) guideline implementation. Our objective is to develop and validate a tool for appraisal of implementability of clinical guidelines...
- Why first-level health workers fail to follow guidelines for managing severe disease in children in the Coast Region, the United Republic of TanzaniaNicholas D Walter
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, United States of America
Bull World Health Organ 87:99-107. 2009..To determine why health workers fail to follow integrated management of childhood illness (IMCI) guidelines for severely ill children at first-level outpatient health facilities in rural areas of the United Republic of Tanzania...
- Understanding adherence to guidelines in the intensive care unit: development of a comprehensive frameworkNaomi E Cahill
Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 34:616-24. 2010..The purpose of this study was to develop a comprehensive framework for understanding adherence to nutrition CPGs in the critical care setting...
- Physical therapists' guideline adherence on early mobilization and intensity of practice at dutch acute stroke units: a country-wide surveyNicoline M Otterman
Chair of Neurorehabilitation, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, VU University Medical Center, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Stroke 43:2395-401. 2012..with respect to early mobilization and augmented exercise therapy time; and (3) identify the perceived barriers to and facilitators for guideline adherence as reported by physical therapists (PTs) working on acute hospital stroke units.
- European guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice: full text. Fourth Joint Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and other societies on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice (constituted by representIan Graham
Department of Cardiology, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 14:S1-113. 2007
- Declined guideline adherence in older breast cancer patients: a population-based study in the NetherlandsInes Weggelaar
Department of Surgery, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Breast J 17:239-45. 2011..This study shows a sharp decline in guideline adherence for unselected women aged 80 years and older with primary operable breast cancer, with an observed shift ..
- Adherence to guidelines by French psychiatrists in their real world of clinical practiceLudovic Samalin
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Clermont Ferrand, France
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:239-43. 2011..Guidelines for treatment of bipolar disorder are not frequently used. French psychiatrists' age and practice type are the most important variables correlated to the level of use of guidelines...
- Suboptimal gastroprotective coverage of NSAID use and the risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding and ulcers: an observational study using three European databasesEva M van Soest
Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gut 60:1650-9. 2011..It is unknown to what extent the protective effect is influenced by therapy adherence...
- Prescription patterns and appropriateness of NSAID therapy according to gastrointestinal risk and cardiovascular history in patients with diagnoses of osteoarthritisAngel Lanas
University of Zaragoza Medical School, Aragón Health Research Institute, CIBERehd, Zaragoza, Spain
BMC Med 9:38. 2011..We aimed to assess the GI/CV risk profile and the pharmacological management of patients with osteoarthritis (OA) in clinical practice...
- Management of atrial fibrillation by primary care physicians in Germany: baseline results of the ATRIUM registryThomas Meinertz
Klinik und Poliklinik für Allgemeine und Interventionelle Kardiologie, Universitäres Herzzentrum Hamburg, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 100:897-905. 2011..In contrast to surveys in cardiologist settings, presentation and management of atrial fibrillation (AF) in primary care patients is less well studied...
- Compliance with guidelines for patients with bladder cancer: variation in the delivery of careKarim Chamie
Department of Urology, Health Services Research Group, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Cancer 117:5392-401. 2011..In the current study, the authors sought to characterize practice patterns in patients with high-grade non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer in relation to established guidelines...
- The guideline implementability research and application network (GIRAnet): an international collaborative to support knowledge exchange: study protocolAnna R Gagliardi
University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Implement Sci 7:26. 2012..Further research is needed to develop and evaluate implementability tools...
- Impact of International Nosocomial Infection Control Consortium (INICC) strategy on central line-associated bloodstream infection rates in the intensive care units of 15 developing countriesVictor D Rosenthal
Medical College of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:1264-72. 2010....
- Introduction of an electronic monitoring system for monitoring compliance with Moments 1 and 4 of the WHO "My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene" methodologyVincent C C Cheng
Department of Microbiology, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
BMC Infect Dis 11:151. 2011..Unlike previous electronic monitoring systems, MedSense operates in open cubicles with multiple beds and does not disrupt existing workflows...
- Characteristics of patients with stage III colon adenocarcinoma who fail to receive guideline-recommended treatmentMarcy Winget
School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Cancer 116:4849-56. 2010..To enhance the provision of optimal cancer care, patient characteristics associated with not receiving guideline-adherent treatment must be identified among patients with operable, stage III colon adenocarcinoma...
- Has the quality of abstracts for randomised controlled trials improved since the release of Consolidated Standards of Reporting Trial guideline for abstract reporting? A survey of four high-profile anaesthesia journalsOzlem S Can
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Anaesthesiol 28:485-92. 2011..The current study assessed whether there has been an improvement in the quality of RCT abstracts published in main anaesthesia journals since this new guideline was introduced...
- An implementation strategy to improve the guideline adherence of insurance physicians: an experiment in a controlled settingFeico Zwerver
Department of Public and Occupational Health, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Implement Sci 6:131. 2011..We hypothesized that an educational intervention would increase the insurance physicians' (IPs) guideline adherence in a controlled setting.
- Words matter: increasing the implementation of clinical guidelinesS Michie
Centre for Outcomes Research and Effectiveness, Department of Psychology, University College London, UK
Qual Saf Health Care 14:367-70. 2005..To determine whether writing clinical guideline recommendations in behaviourally specified "plain English" language increases the likelihood of their implementation by service users (patients)...
- Factors associated with nonadherence to early goal-directed therapy in the EDMark E Mikkelsen
Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Division, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Chest 138:551-8. 2010..EGDT appears to be underused, even in centers with formalized protocols. The aim of our study was to identify factors associated with not initiating EGDT in the ED...
- Do family physicians' records fit guideline diagnosed COPD?Mieke Albers
Department of Primary Care Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Fam Pract 26:81-7. 2009..In family practice, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is usually not diagnosed until clinically apparent and of moderately advanced severity...
- Guideline compliance in management of minimal, mild, and moderate head injury: high frequency of noncompliance among individual physicians despite strong guideline support from clinical leadersBen Heskestad
Department of Neurosurgery, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Trauma 65:1309-13. 2008..However, implementation of guidelines and compliance from clinical leaders does not necessarily influence individual physicians decisions making...
- Successful prevention of ventilator-associated pneumonia in an intensive care settingAlexandre R Marra
Intensive Care, Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Infect Control 37:619-25. 2009..Ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) is one of the most common health care-associated infections (HAIs) in critical care settings...
- Quality of COPD care in hospital outpatient clinics in Denmark: The KOLIBRI studyPeter Lange
Department of Cardiology and Respiratory Medicine, Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
Respir Med 103:1657-62. 2009....
- Antimalarial prescribing and dispensing practices in health centres of Khartoum state, 2003-04A A Mannan
National Malaria Control Programme, Federal Ministry of Health, Khartoum, Sudan
East Mediterr Health J 15:122-8. 2009..5%. There was a high rate of prescribing antimalarial injections. Only half the patients had adequate knowledge of their treatment...
- Improving the use of venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in an Australian teaching hospitalM Gallagher
The George Institute for International Health, PO Box M201, Missenden Rd, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Qual Saf Health Care 18:408-12. 2009..Despite this, prophylaxis is underutilised and represents one of the largest gaps between evidence and current clinical practice...
- Determinants of JNC VI guideline adherence, intensity of drug therapy, and blood pressure control by race and ethnicityLeRoi S Hicks
Division of General Internal Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
Hypertension 44:429-34. 2004..Interventions to reduce disparities in cardiovascular outcomes should consider the need to intensify drug therapy more aggressively among all high-risk populations...
- A systematic review of strategies to improve prophylaxis for venous thromboembolism in hospitalsRebecca Tooher
Australian Safety and Efficacy Register of New Interventional Procedures Surgical, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, South Australia, Australia
Ann Surg 241:397-415. 2005..To assess the effectiveness of different strategies for increasing the uptake of prophylaxis for venous thromboembolism (VTE) in hospitalized patients through a systematic review of the literature...
- Use of treatment guidelines in clinical decision making in bipolar disorder: a pilot survey of cliniciansRoy H Perlis
Depression and Bipolar Clinical and Research Programs, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:467-75. 2007..The objective of this study was to assess the extent to which such guidelines are used in the treatment of bipolar disorder...
- Measurement of compliance with hand hygieneJ P Haas
Columbia University, New York, NY 10034, USA
J Hosp Infect 66:6-14. 2007..The three major methods used are direct observation, self-report and indirect measurement of hand hygiene product usage. This review discusses the methods of compliance monitoring and the advantages and drawbacks of each...
- Poor blood pressure control in general practice: in search of explanationsRobert Nicodeme
Département universitaire de médecine générale, Faculte de Medecine, CHU de Rangueil, 133, route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse Cedex, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 102:477-83. 2009..Arterial hypertension is managed mainly by general practitioners. The blood pressure level of most patients treated in a general practice setting is greater than or equal to 140/90 mmHg...
- Barriers to successful care for chronic kidney diseaseOliver Lenz
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
BMC Nephrol 6:11. 2005..However, little is know about how many patients actually achieve these goals in a dedicated clinic for chronic kidney disease...
- National trends in statin use by coronary heart disease risk categoryJun Ma
Stanford Prevention Research Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
PLoS Med 2:e123. 2005..Only limited research tracks United States trends in the use of statins recorded during outpatient visits, particularly use by patients at moderate to high cardiovascular risk...
- Does provider adherence to a treatment guideline change clinical outcomes for patients with bipolar disorder? Results from the Texas Medication Algorithm ProjectEllen B Dennehy
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2081, USA
Psychol Med 35:1695-706. 2005..The current study describes one effort to measure these relationships in a cohort of public sector out-patients with bipolar disorder...
- Antithrombotic drug prescription in atrial fibrillation and its rationale among general practitioners, internists and cardiologists in The Netherlands--The EXAMINE-AF study. A questionnaire surveyT Dinh
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Int J Clin Pract 61:24-31. 2007..Factors for oral anticoagulation prescription are heart failure, physician specialty and contraindications. Availability of guidelines seems instrumental for application of appropriate antithrombotic treatment...
- Association between performance measures and clinical outcomes for patients hospitalized with heart failureGregg C Fonarow
University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
JAMA 297:61-70. 2007..However, this link remains largely untested...
- A breast center review of compliance with National Comprehensive Cancer Network Breast Cancer guidelinesJeffrey Landercasper
Department of Surgery, Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center, La Crosse, WI 54601, USA
Am J Surg 192:525-7. 2006..National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guideline compliance for breast cancer was determined in a breast center...
- Enhancing implementation of tobacco use prevention and cessation counselling guideline among dental providers: a cluster randomised controlled trialMasamitsu Amemori
Department of Oral Public Health, Institute of Dentistry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Implement Sci 6:13. 2011..The aim of the present study protocol is to introduce a theory-based approach to diagnose implementation difficulties of TUPAC counselling guidelines among dental providers...
- Antithrombotic treatment in real-life atrial fibrillation patients: a report from the Euro Heart Survey on Atrial FibrillationRobby Nieuwlaat
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 27:3018-26. 2006To describe guideline adherence and application of different stroke risk stratification schemes regarding antithrombotic therapy in real-life atrial fibrillation (AF) patients and to assess which factors influence antithrombotic ..
- Therapist adherence/competence and treatment outcome: A meta-analytic reviewChristian A Webb
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 1696, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 78:200-11. 2010..The authors conducted a meta-analytic review of adherence-outcome and competence-outcome findings, and examined plausible moderators of these relations...
- A qualitative exploration of reasons for poor hand hygiene among hospital workers: lack of positive role models and of convincing evidence that hand hygiene prevents cross-infectionV Erasmus
Department of Public Health, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 30:415-9. 2009..To study potential determinants of hand hygiene compliance among healthcare workers in the hospital setting...
- The Chronic CARe for diAbeTes study (CARAT): a cluster randomized controlled trialAnja Frei
Institute of General Practice and Health Services Research, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:23. 2010..However, most of these findings have been performed in settings different from the Swiss health care system which is dominated by single handed practices...
- Improvement in process of care and outcome after a multicenter severe sepsis educational program in SpainRicard Ferrer
Centro de Críticos, Hospital de Sabadell, CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Instituto Universitario Parc Tauli, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
JAMA 299:2294-303. 2008..Concern exists that current guidelines for care of patients with severe sepsis and septic shock are followed variably, possibly due to a lack of adequate education...
- Influence of trial registration on reporting quality of randomized trials: study from highest ranked journalsL Reveiz
Colombian Cochrane Branch, Fundación Universitaria Sanitas, Bogota, Colombia
J Clin Epidemiol 63:1216-22. 2010..To evaluate the reporting quality of key methodological items of randomized control trials (RCTs) in 55 of the highest ranked journals...
- Guidelines for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia: predictors of adherence and outcomeRosario Menendez
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Avda de Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:757-62. 2005..Some studies highlight the association of better clinical responses with adherence to guidelines for empiric treatment of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP), but little is known about factors that influence this adherence...
- Significant reductions in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia and clinical isolates associated with a multisite, hand hygiene culture-change program and subsequent successful statewide roll-outM Lindsay Grayson
Infectious Diseases and Clinical Epidemiology Department, Austin Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Med J Aust 188:633-40. 2008..To assess the efficacy of a multimodal, centrally coordinated, multisite hand hygiene culture-change program (HHCCP) for reducing rates of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) bacteraemia and disease in Victorian hospitals...
- Compliance of clinical trial registries with the World Health Organization minimum data set: a surveyLorenzo P Moja
Italian Cochrane Centre, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Milan, Italy
Trials 10:56. 2009..The objective is to evaluate registries' and individual trial records' compliance with the 2006 version of the WHO minimum data set...
- Diagnosis and management of tuberculosis by private practitioners in Manila, PhilippinesChristian Auer
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, Swiss Tropical Institute, Socinstr 57, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Health Policy 77:172-81. 2006..Private for-profit health care providers are prominent in the health system of the Philippines...
- Guideline-based development of quality indicators for subfertility careS M Mourad
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 22:2665-72. 2007..Valid quality indicators are necessary to estimate actual guideline adherence. However, none of the existing subfertility guideline programmes is accompanied by a satisfactory set of ..
- Software Promotes NCEP/AHA Provider Guideline AdherenceLawrence Baruch; Fiscal Year: 2003..If this automated clinical information and decision support system is successful and widely implemented, the best outcomes from care for chronic cardiovascular disease may be achieved. ..
- Assisted Detailing to Improve Guideline AdherenceTHOMAS BAILEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is applicable to the majority of medical centers in the US. The alerting rules we develop will also be valuable to those centers implementing CPOE. ..
- Factors Associated with Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia Guideline AdherenceHiroko Kiyoshi-Teo; Fiscal Year: 2011..there is a lack of evidence of how provider, patient, guideline, and system factors influence VAP guideline adherence rates and VAP incidence...
- Guideline Implementation to Decrease Inappropriate Bacteriuria TreatmentBARBARA WELLS TRAUTNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our study will also provide information about how to maximize effectiveness of audit- feedback to achieve guideline adherence in the inpatient VA setting...
- University of Iowa Older Adults CERTElizabeth A Chrischilles; Fiscal Year: 2010..situations where clinical trial evidence of therapeutic benefit among the elderly is strong, barriers to guideline adherence are more prevalent in the elderly including drug-to-drug interactions, drug-disease contraindications, ..
- Racial Disparities in Older Adults: Impact of Medicare Part DJoseph T Hanlon; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Both access to drug therapy treatment and chronic disease guideline adherence are included as part of the recently released list by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) ..
- Translating COPD Guidelines inot Primary Care PracticeDonna R Parker; Fiscal Year: 2013..and the results of the randomized clinical trial on the effectiveness of these tools to improve COPD guideline adherence in primary care practice...
- National Utilization Patterns of Oncotype DX in Early Stage Breast CancerMICHAELA ANN DINAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..addressed within the setting of clinical trials that include access to emerging technologies, variation in guideline adherence and quality of care, costs, patient demographics, regional variation, and other unobserved patient and ..
- Guideline Adherence and Short/Long-term Health Outcomes in Patients with DiabetesMaureen A Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..Overall, the results from our investigation will impact diabetes treatment guidelines, development of quality metrics, construction of pay-for-performance thresholds, and targeting of interventions. ..
- Automating Performance Metrics for Quality Improvement in Complex Chronic DiseaseMary K Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..These methods can potentially automate quality measurement for quality managers and clinical program offices, and automate CDS to assist health professionals in PACTs for quality improvement in patient-centric care. ..
- Improved Cardiovascular Risk Reduction to Enhance Rural Primary Care:I-CAREBARCEY THURSTON LEVY; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have pioneered strategies to evaluate team care implementation and guideline adherence using cluster-randomized trials...
- Implementing Opioid Risk Reduction Strategies into Primary Care PracticeJane M Liebschutz; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will refine tools within the electronic medical record to facilitate guideline adherence. These tools include validated instruments to screen for active substance use, depression and to assess ..
- Chronic Opioid Therapy and Patient Safety in HIV Infected and Uninfected VeteransJULIE ROZELLE GAITHER; Fiscal Year: 2013..clinician adherence to evidence-based opioid treatment guidelines and to examine the association between guideline adherence and patient safety, among HIV+ and HIV- patients...
- An intervention to improve rational prescribing in cardiovascular diseaseWilliam Shrank; Fiscal Year: 2010..evaluate how the delivery of free generic samples influences prescribing behavior, adherence to therapy and guideline adherence. In order to inform the development of the intervention, the applicant will conduct a qualitative ..
- Guideline Adherence in Elders With Multiple ComorbiditiesMICHAEL STEINMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research will obtain data to support a future intervention study whose goal is to reduce ADRs and improve prescribing for elders. ..
- Translating COPD Guidelines inot Primary Care PracticeDonna Parker; Fiscal Year: 2009..and the results of the randomized clinical trial on the effectiveness of these tools to improve COPD guideline adherence in primary care practice...
- Implementation of Automated Guideline Adherence Feedback in MalawiGerald P Douglas; Fiscal Year: 2013..This work will extend the existing healthcare infrastructure in Malawi to provide routine, automated feedback by reusing EMR data at low cost to the health care organization. ..
- Assisted Detailing to Improve Guideline AdherenceTHOMAS BAILEY; Fiscal Year: 2009The proposed research builds upon previous work (RO1HL70790 Assisted Detailing to Improve Guideline Adherence) which sought to determine whether physician-targeted, technology-assisted, pharmacist- mediated academic detailing can improve ..
- Guideline Adherence and Health Outcomes in Medicare FFS Patients with DiabetesMaureen Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results from our investigation will have important implications for diabetes treatment guidelines, development of quality metrics and pay-for-performance efforts, and targeting of quality improvement interventions. ..
- Improving Physician Adherence to Asthma GuidelinesGregory Diette; Fiscal Year: 2005..To create a practice environment with fewer barriers to guideline adherence, we will develop a new generalist-run asthma clinic designed to overcome the specific barriers identified ..
- IMPACT OF GUIDELINES ON QUALITY OF CARE: UNSTABLE ANGINACatarina Kiefe; Fiscal Year: 1999..The second is that an educational intervention designed to improve guideline adherence will lead to better adherence than simple release of the guidelines in the community...
- Improving Adherence to Blood Pressure GuidelinesBARRY CARTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..While various strategies exist to assist physicians with improving guideline adherence and achieving better BP control, a consistently effective approach to solving the problem has not been ..
- BREAST CANCER RISK, ANXIETY, AND SCREENING BEHAVIORSKathryn Kash; Fiscal Year: 1993..cancer, coping strategies, locus of control, and psychological distress) that contribute to screening guideline adherence. The research is a quasi-experimental design to examine the screening behaviors of 200 women at high risk ..
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Among Patients Attending Ru*Barcey Levy; Fiscal Year: 2004..self-reported rates of CRC screening, without elucidating possible patient-specific reasons for lack of guideline adherence (e.g...
- GUIDELINES ADHERENCE AFTER CLINICAL PATHWAY INTERVENTIONPatricia Dykes; Fiscal Year: 2003..The overall goal of the proposed research is to study an innovative strategy to promote interdisciplinary guideline adherence and positive patient outcomes in patients diagnosed with heart failure...
- KNOWLEDGE PROCESSING FOR CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINESRichard Shiffman; Fiscal Year: 2001..A randomized, controlled trial will be conducted to measure the effect of the AsthMonitor system on guideline adherence, encounter documentation, patient outcomes, and costs of care...
- Vermont Diabetes Information SystemBenjamin Littenberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim 2: Assess the Diabetes Information System. Objective 2.1: Assess disease control and guideline adherence by examining registry data in all subjects in a prospective, two-year, randomized controlled trial in 60 ..
- Assessing Barriers to ADA Guideline AdherenceMITCHELL KAMINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Crozer-Keystone Health Network Quality Committee infrastructure has historically supported guideline adherence and diffusion of evidence-based medicine into practices...
- MI-Plus: Web-Enhanced Post-MI + Cormorbidity GuidelinesO Dale Williams; Fiscal Year: 2006..of African Americans and high heart disease mortality, provides an excellent laboratory for increasing guideline adherence. To date, most guideline interventions focus on a single patient condition, but ambulatory post-MI patients ..
- Self-Management of Early Stage Heart FailureSTEPHENIE LEMON; Fiscal Year: 2004..disease progression, effective strategies need to be developed to improve evidence-based practice and guideline adherence in real world settings...
- Personal Digital Assistant for Guideline Adherence TrialDavid Goff; Fiscal Year: 2006..Hence, this innovative strategy holds great promise for making a substantial public health impact through the prevention of CVD and through subsequent translation to other important conditions. ..
- "Improving Pediatric Safety and Quality with Health Car*Timothy Ferris; Fiscal Year: 2006..dosing; 2) diagnosis-based medication choice prompts; 3) test result tracking; and 4) reminders for guideline adherence in children with chronic conditions...
- CANCER SCREENING GUIDELINE ADHERENCE--UNDERSERVED ELDERSCAROLINE BURNETT; Fiscal Year: 1999..This research will fill important gaps in our knowledge on how to using nursing practice to improve the poor breast cancer outcomes experienced by elderly, minority, poor women. ..
- Improving Guideline Adherence & Management of ADHD CareJONAS BROMBERG; Fiscal Year: 2002..Inflexxion would license the OCMS, rather than sell it outright, and continue to obtain revenues for management and support of the service. ..
- Computerized EMR-Assisted Smoking Cessation (CEASCE)Jennifer Haas; Fiscal Year: 2007..to enhance the care of patients in need of tobacco treatment by providing a structured approach to guideline adherence. The PBRN: The Brigham and Women's Primary Care Practice-Based Research Network (BWPC-PBRN) consists ..
- Making CKD Guidelines Work in Underserved PracticesChester Fox; Fiscal Year: 2007..of patients (18+) with CKD at each site will be asked to consent to have their medical record reviewed for guideline adherence over prior-year periods at baseline and post-intervention end points...
- Musculoskeletal Spine Pain in VA: Description and Guideline AdherencePATRICIA LUCE contact SINNOTT; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Staff Hand Hygiene and Nosocomial Infections in NeonatesElaine Larson; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Safer Antithrombotic Therapy for Elderly ACS PatientsEric Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we will use established relations with professional societies and the VHA to widely disseminate our study's major findings. ..
- Computer Decision Aid for ADHD Management (CDAAM)Aaron E Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will assess the quality of ADHD services at baseline and again at 12 months post implementation. These methods will allow a thorough description of the intervention's role in the process of ADHD management. ..
- Interdisciplinary Research:Antimicrobial Resistance(RMI)Elaine Larson; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the final year, plans for a sustainable Consortium on antimicrobial resistance will be formalized. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Impact of Hand Hygiene Guideline on Infections and CostsElaine Larson; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Stopping URIs and FLU in the Family: the Stuffy TrialElaine Larson; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- HOME HYGIENE INTERVENTIONElaine Larson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Logistic regression, Liang-Zeger regression, and Chi Square analyses will be used to test differences in rates of transmission of symptoms and changes in quantity, types and resistance patterns of microbial flora of the hands. ..
- Prescription Drug Coverage and Health Outcomes in EldersJennifer Tjia; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Mobile Tool for Adolescent Diabetes ManagementAaron Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research request will form the foundation of an R01 proposal to rigorously study the tool's impact on adolescent diabetes management ..
- The Impact of Outcomes on Transplant Center ChoiceDavid Howard; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using these estimates, we will simulate the impact of changes in survival rates on market shares for the groups of patients mentioned above. ..
- Implementing Evidence-Based Guidelines for Treating NHAPEvelyn Hutt; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ACTION - A CHF Trial Investigating Outcomes of ExerciseGregg Fonarow; Fiscal Year: 2006..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY AND BREAST CANCERPatricia Carney; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- HIV Related Stigma among Service Providers in ChinaLi Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..These data will prepare the team to conduct a randomized controlled trial across different levels of health care providers in China. ..
- MEDICATION ADHERENCE AND OUTCOMES IN SCHIZOPHRENIADawn Velligan; Fiscal Year: 2004..Moreover, we hypothesize that compliance and functioning will return to baseline levels six months after discontinuation of treatment. ..
- Testing Context Effects on Treatment of Drug-Using YouthSonja Schoenwald; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Monoclonal Antibody Therapy for Follicular LymphomaJonathan Friedberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of Polycystins in the Regulation of Intracellular Calcium and Vascular RQi Qian; Fiscal Year: 2007..The information gained from the proposed study will greatly enhance our understanding in the pathogenesis of vascular complications in ADPKD and provide potential areas for therapeutic targets. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Evaluating the Clinical Impact of Simulation & Team Training on OB SafetyJeanne Marie Guise; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our current work evaluates performance in the simulated environment; this proposal focuses on the translation of simulation and team training to the clinical environment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rural Hospital Nursing: Environment, Effects and EvidenceRobin Newhouse; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project has promising potential to improve quality of care to the rural population using the novel approach of focusing on an understudied area, nursing in rural hospitals. ..
- Aminocaproic Acid and Bleeding in Spinal SurgerySean Berenholtz; Fiscal Year: 2006..These projects and the career development plan described will build a foundation for a successful career as an independent investigator. ..
- Vocational Outcomes for Youth With Substance Abuse Problems and High HIV RiskScott W Henggeler; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 3: To evaluate possible moderators (e.g., criminal history, symptomatology) of CRAFT effects. For participants in the CRAFT condition, dosage effects will also be examined. ..
- Pain Management Electronic Calendar: Phase IILisa Marceau; Fiscal Year: 2006..The focus of the evaluation will be to determine whether this software improves patient satisfaction with treatment and assists physicians and patients to manage chronic pain more effectively over time. ..
- Psychosocial and Neurocognitive Consequences of Childhood CancerSean Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2006..Publication of the conference proceedings will serve to summarize the current state of the field and to point towards new research agendas for the future. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fractures, Heart Disease, and Stroke on Aromatase InhibitorsNancy L Keating; Fiscal Year: 2010....