Genomes and Genes
Summary: A traditional term for all the activities which a physician or other health care professional normally performs to insure the coordination of the medical services required by a patient. It also, when used in connection with managed care, covers all the activities of evaluating the patient, planning treatment, referral, and follow-up so that care is continuous and comprehensive and payment for the care is obtained. (From Slee & Slee, Health Care Terms, 2nd ed)
Publications354 found, 100 shown here
- Quality and safety of integrated community case management of malaria using rapid diagnostic tests and pneumonia by community health workersDavidson H Hamer
Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University, USA
Pathog Glob Health 106:32-9. 2012..To assess the quality and safety of having community health workers (CHWs) in rural Zambia use rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) and provide integrated management of malaria and pneumonia...
- Use of RDTs to improve malaria diagnosis and fever case management at primary health care facilities in UgandaDaniel J Kyabayinze
Malaria Consortium Africa, Plot 2, Sturrock Road, PO Box 8045, Kampala, Uganda
Malar J 9:200. 2010..This study evaluated the effect of malaria RDTs on health workers' anti-malarial drug (AMD) prescriptions among outpatients at low level health care facilities (LLHCF) within different malaria epidemiological settings in Uganda...
- Comprehensive discharge planning and home follow-up of hospitalized elders: a randomized clinical trialM D Naylor
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
JAMA 281:613-20. 1999....
- Community case management of childhood illnesses: policy and implementation in Countdown to 2015 countriesAlexandra de Sousa
World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 90:183-90. 2012To explore the policies for, and implementation of, the community case management (CCM) of childhood illnesses in the 68 countries that were prioritized by the "Countdown to 2015" initiative in 2008.
- Primary care practice-based care management for chronically ill patients (PraCMan): study protocol for a cluster randomized controlled trial [ISRCTN56104508]Tobias Freund
Department of General Practice and Health Services Research, University Hospital Heidelberg, Vosstrasse 2, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Trials 12:163. 2011..Care management programmes based on health care assistants (HCAs) targeting adult patients with a high risk of hospitalisation may be an innovative approach to deliver cost-efficient intensified care to patients most in need...
- The effect of Integrated Management of Childhood Illness on observed quality of care of under-fives in rural TanzaniaJoanna Armstrong Schellenberg
Ifakara Health Research and Development Centre, Ifakara, Tanzania
Health Policy Plan 19:1-10. 2004..IMCI is therefore likely to lead to rapid gains in child survival, health and development if adequate coverage levels can be achieved and maintained...
- Community case management of pneumonia: at a tipping point?David R Marsh
Save the Children USA, Amherst, MA, USA
Bull World Health Organ 86:381-9. 2008Pneumonia is the leading cause of child mortality globally. Community case management (CCM) of pneumonia by community health workers is a feasible, effective strategy to complement facility-based management for areas that lack access to ..
- Quality of malaria case management at outpatient health facilities in AngolaAlexander K Rowe
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA
Malar J 8:275. 2009..Implementation was complicated by a policy that was sometimes ambiguous...
- Effect of pneumonia case management on mortality in neonates, infants, and preschool children: a meta-analysis of community-based trialsSunil Sazawal
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 3:547-56. 2003..Community-based interventions to identify and treat pneumonia have a substantial effect on neonatal, infant, and child mortality and should be incorporated into primary health care...
- Case management for depression by health care assistants in small primary care practices: a cluster randomized trialJochen Gensichen
Institute for General Practice, Friedrich Schiller University University Hospital Jena, Bachstrasse 18, D 07743 Jena, Germany
Ann Intern Med 151:369-78. 2009b>Case management by health care assistants in small primary care practices provides unclear benefit for improving depression symptoms.
- Efficacy of a brief case management intervention to link recently diagnosed HIV-infected persons to careLytt I Gardner
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
AIDS 19:423-31. 2005The Antiretroviral Treatment Access Study (ARTAS) assessed a case management intervention to improve linkage to care for persons recently receiving an HIV diagnosis.
- Effect of case management on neonatal mortality due to sepsis and pneumoniaAnita K M Zaidi
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Public Health 11:S13. 2011Each year almost one million newborns die from infections, mostly in low-income countries. Timely case management would save many lives but the relative mortality effect of varying strategies is unknown...
- Improved clinical and laboratory skills after team-based, malaria case management training of health care professionals in UgandaAllen Namagembe
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Malar J 11:44. 2012..therapy for treating uncomplicated malaria calls for better targeting of malaria treatment to improve case management and minimize drug pressure for selecting resistant parasites...
- Community case management of severe pneumonia with oral amoxicillin in children aged 2-59 months in Haripur district, Pakistan: a cluster randomised trialAbdul Bari
Save the Children US, Pakistan Country Office, Islamabad, Pakistan
Lancet 378:1796-803. 2011..The objective in this study was to assess whether community case management by lady health workers (LHWs) with oral amoxicillin in children with severe pneumonia was equivalent to ..
- A randomized trial comparing telemedicine case management with usual care in older, ethnically diverse, medically underserved patients with diabetes mellitus: 5 year results of the IDEATel studySteven Shea
Division of General Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 16:446-56. 2009CONTEXT Telemedicine is a promising but largely unproven technology for providing case management services to patients with chronic conditions and lower access to care...
- Mucosal leishmaniasis: description of case management approaches and analysis of risk factors for treatment failure in a cohort of 140 patients in BrazilV S Amato
Infectious and Parasitic Diseases Clinic, Hospital das Clinicas, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 23:1026-34. 2009..Mucosal leishmaniasis is caused mainly by Leishmania braziliensis and it occurs months or years after cutaneous lesions. This progressive disease destroys cartilages and osseous structures from face, pharynx and larynx...
- Regional differences in patient characteristics, case management, and outcomes in traumatic brain injury: experience from the tirilazad trialsChantal W P M Hukkelhoven
Center for Clinical Decision Sciences, Department of Public Health, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurosurg 97:549-57. 2002Regional differences have been shown in patient characteristics and case management within multiple unselected series of patients suffering from traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Effectiveness of community case management of severe pneumonia with oral amoxicillin in children aged 2-59 months in Matiari district, rural Pakistan: a cluster-randomised controlled trialSajid Soofi
Division of Women and Child Health, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
Lancet 379:729-37. 2012..We aimed to establish whether community case identification and management of severe pneumonia by oral antibiotics delivered through community health workers has the potential to reduce the number of infants dying at home...
- Outcomes of coordinated and integrated interventions targeting frail elderly people: a systematic review of randomised controlled trialsKajsa Eklund
The Vardal Institute, The Swedish Institute for Health Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Health Soc Care Community 17:447-58. 2009..was carried out with the following inclusion criteria: original article; integrated intervention including case management or equivalent coordinated organisation; frail elderly people living in the community; randomised controlled ..
- Barriers to community case management of malaria in Saraya, Senegal: training, and supply-chainsDemetri A Blanas
Global Health Program, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY 10029, USA
Malar J 12:95. 2013....
- Community case management of fever due to malaria and pneumonia in children under five in Zambia: a cluster randomized controlled trialKojo Yeboah-Antwi
Center for Global Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Med 7:e1000340. 2010..This study was designed to assess the effectiveness and feasibility of using CHWs to manage nonsevere pneumonia and uncomplicated malaria with the aid of rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs)...
- Structured review: evaluating the effectiveness of nurse case managers in improving health outcomes in three major chronic diseasesDebbie Sutherland
Sheffield Primary Care Trust, Sheffield, UK
J Clin Nurs 18:2978-92. 2009This paper presents the findings of a review and appraisal of the evidence for the effectiveness of nurse case management in improving health outcomes for patients living either with Diabetes, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or ..
- A systematic review of different models of home and community care services for older personsLee Fay Low
Dementia Collaborative Research Centre, School of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, AGSM Building, University of NSW, Sydney NSW 2052 Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 11:93. 2011..The aim of this review is to evaluate the outcomes of case managed, integrated or consumer directed home and community care services for older persons, including those with dementia...
- Improved malaria case management through the implementation of a health facility-based sentinel site surveillance system in UgandaAsadu Sserwanga
Uganda Malaria Surveillance Project, Kampala, Uganda
PLoS ONE 6:e16316. 2011..as a means of monitoring trends in malaria morbidity but may also provide an opportunity to improve malaria case management. Here we described the impact of a sentinel site malaria surveillance system on promoting laboratory testing ..
- Feasibility and acceptability of ACT for the community case management of malaria in urban settings in five African sitesPatricia Akweongo
Department of Policy, Planning and Management, School of Public Health, University of Ghana, P O Box LG13, Legon, Ghana
Malar J 10:240. 2011The community case management of malaria (CCMm) is now an established route for distribution of artemisinin-based combination therapy (ACT) in rural areas, but the feasibility and acceptability of the approach through community medicine ..
- Effects of quality improvement strategies for type 2 diabetes on glycemic control: a meta-regression analysisKaveh G Shojania
Ottawa Health Research Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario
JAMA 296:427-40. 2006..There have been numerous reports of interventions designed to improve the care of patients with diabetes, but the effectiveness of such interventions is unclear...
- ALGOS: the development of a randomized controlled trial testing a case management algorithm designed to reduce suicide risk among suicide attemptersGuillaume Vaiva
Département Universitaire de Psychiatrie and Pole de l Urgence, Lille University Hospital, Lille, France
BMC Psychiatry 11:1. 2011..Suicide attempts (SA) constitute a serious clinical problem. People who attempt suicide are at high risk of further repetition. However, no interventions have been shown to be effective in reducing repetition in this group of patients...
- The treatment relationship in peer-based and regular case management for clients with severe mental illnessDave Sells
Yale Program on Recovery and Community Health, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06513, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:1179-84. 2006This study compared the quality of treatment relationships and engagement in peer-based and regular case management. It also assessed the value of positive relationship qualities in predicting motivation for and use of community-based ..
- Effectiveness of case management among older adults with early symptoms of dementia and their primary informal caregivers: a randomized clinical trialAaltje P D Jansen
Department of General Practice, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Nurs Stud 48:933-43. 2011..However, diagnosing dementia often occurs late in the disease. This means that a significant number of patients with early symptoms of dementia and their informal caregivers may lack appropriate care...
- Effect of a housing and case management program on emergency department visits and hospitalizations among chronically ill homeless adults: a randomized trialLaura S Sadowski
Collaborative Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Stroger Hospital of Cook County, 1900 W Polk St, Room 1606, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
JAMA 301:1771-8. 2009..Homeless adults, especially those with chronic medical illnesses, are frequent users of costly medical services, especially emergency department and hospital services...
- Combining community case management and intermittent preventive treatment for malariaBrian Greenwood
Faculty of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Trends Parasitol 27:477-80. 2011..volunteers could be employed to deliver IPT during the peak malaria-transmission season and also to provide community case management during this period and during the rest of the year when occasional cases of malaria continue to occur.
- Effectiveness of interventions targeting frequent users of emergency departments: a systematic reviewFabrice Althaus
Vulnerable Population Unit, Department of Ambulatory Care and Community Medicine, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Ann Emerg Med 58:41-52.e42. 2011..Our objective is to perform a systematic review of the type and effectiveness of interventions to reduce the number of ED visits by frequent users...
- Primary care physicians' experiences with case finding for practice-based care managementTobias Freund
Department of General Practice and Health Services Research, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Manag Care 18:e155-61. 2012..This study aimed to explore how primary care physicians (PCPs) select patients for practice based care management and how risk prediction may complement their case finding...
- Patterns of case management and chemoprevention for malaria-in-pregnancy by public and private sector health providers in Enugu state, NigeriaOgochukwu C Onwujekwe
Department of Pharmacy, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Ituku Ozalla, Enugu State, Nigeria
BMC Res Notes 5:211. 2012..Information is required on how to improve its prevention and treatment from both the providers' and consumers' perspectives...
- Implementing and measuring the impact of patient navigation at a comprehensive community cancer centerCheryl Campbell
Cancer Center at AnMed Health, Anderson, South Carolina, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 37:61-8. 2010..To determine whether patient navigation in a comprehensive community cancer center affects patient and staff perceptions of patient preparation for treatment, access to care, and overall satisfaction...
- Can we depend on case management to prevent re-establishment of P. falciparum malaria, after local interruption of transmission?Valerie Crowell
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Basel, Switzerland
Epidemics 4:1-8. 2012..We assess, through mathematical modeling and simulation, which levels of case detection and treatment (case management) are required to prevent re-establishment of transmission of P...
- Analysis of case management programs for patients with dementia: a systematic reviewDominique Somme
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service de Geriatrie, Paris, France
Alzheimers Dement 8:426-36. 2012People suffering from dementia are particularly vulnerable to the gaps between the health and social service systems. Case management is a professional field that seeks to fill in these gaps and remedy this fragmentation.
- Malaria case management in Papua New Guinea prior to the introduction of a revised treatment protocolJustin Pulford
Papua New Guinea Institute of Medical Research, PO Box 60, Goroka, EHP 441, Papua New Guinea
Malar J 11:157. 2012This study aimed to document malaria case management practices in Papua New Guinea prior to the introduction of a revised national malaria treatment protocol...
- Effects of case management in community aged care on client and carer outcomes: a systematic review of randomized trials and comparative observational studiesEmily Chuanmei You
Centre for Health Policy, Programs and Economics CHPPE, Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, 3010, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 12:395. 2012b>Case management has been applied in community aged care to meet frail older people's holistic needs and promote cost-effectiveness...
- Experiences of training and implementation of integrated management of childhood illness (IMCI) in South Africa: a qualitative evaluation of the IMCI case management training courseChristiane Horwood
Centre for Rural Health, University of KwaZulu Natal, Umbilo Road, Durban 4013, South Africa
BMC Pediatr 9:62. 2009....
- Effect of a standardized nurse case-management telephone intervention on resource use in patients with chronic heart failureBarbara Riegel
School of Nursing, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182 4158, USA
Arch Intern Med 162:705-12. 2002b>Case management is believed to promote continuity of care and decrease hospitalization rates, although few controlled trials have tested this approach.
- Community professionals' management of client care: a mixed-methods systematic reviewNiina Kolehmainen
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
J Health Serv Res Policy 15:47-55. 2010....
- Community case management of childhood illness in Nicaragua: transforming health systems in underserved rural areasAsha George
Community Based Approaches, Policy and Evidence Unit, Health Section, Programme Division, UNICEF, Three UN Plaza H 8, New York, NY 10017, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 20:99-115. 2009..social factors broadly determine health outcomes, strategic health workforce innovations such as community case management (CCM) can redress social inequalities in access to health care...
- Effects of case management for frail older people or those with chronic illness: a systematic reviewBarth Oeseburg
Department of Health Sciences, Graduate School for Health Research, Wenckebach Institute, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Nurs Res 58:201-10. 2009Financial constraints and quality requirements demand that interventions selected are most effective. A previous systematic review of the effectiveness of the patient advocacy case management model was not found.
- Up-beat UK: a programme of research into the relationship between coronary heart disease and depression in primary care patientsAndrÃ© Tylee
Health Services and Population Research Dept, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
BMC Fam Pract 12:38. 2011..We aim to explore the relationship between coronary heart disease and depression in a primary care population and to develop an intervention for patients with coronary heart disease and depression...
- Case management of HIV-infected severely malnourished children: challenges in the area of highest prevalenceGeert Tom Heikens
Department of Paediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Malawi, Blantyre, Malawi
Lancet 371:1305-7. 2008
- Community case management of childhood diarrhea in a setting with declining use of oral rehydration therapy: findings from cross-sectional studies among primary household caregivers, Kenya, 2007Christine K Olson
Epidemic Intelligence Service and Division of Foodborne, Waterborne, and Environmental Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 85:1134-40. 2011We sought to determine factors associated with appropriate diarrhea case management in Kenya. We conducted a cross-sectional survey of caregivers of children < 5 years of age with diarrhea in rural Asembo and urban Kibera...
- Nurse case management improves blood pressure, emotional distress and diabetes complication screeningRobert A Gabbay
The Penn State College of Medicine, Penn State Diabetes Center, Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, 500 University Drive, HO44, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 71:28-35. 2006We studied the impact of nurse case management (NCM) on blood pressure (BP), hemoglobin A1C, lipids, and diabetes complication screening...
- Preventive home care of frail older people: a review of recent case management studiesIngalill Rahm Hallberg
Department of Nursing Care, Lund University, Sweden
J Clin Nurs 13:112-20. 2004..Perhaps effects would be expected in all three areas and thus these should be included in evaluative studies in addition to measures for family and/or informal caregiver's strain and satisfaction...
- Protective efficacy of malaria case management and intermittent preventive treatment for preventing malaria mortality in children: a systematic review for the Lives Saved ToolJulie Thwing
Malaria Branch, Malaria Branch, Center for Global Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Public Health 11:S14. 2011..However, for obvious ethical reasons, their protective efficacy (PE) compared to placebo is unknown and their impact on reducing malaria-attributable mortality has not been quantified...
- Collaborative care management of late-life depression in the primary care setting: a randomized controlled trialJurgen Unutzer
Center for Health Services Research, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, 10920 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
JAMA 288:2836-45. 2002..Few depressed older adults receive effective treatment in primary care settings...
- Diarrhoea case management in low- and middle-income countries--an unfinished agendaBirger Carl Forsberg
Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Bull World Health Organ 85:42-8. 2007To ascertain whether diarrhoea management improved during 1986-2003, a period when significant efforts were made to promote effective case management in children.
- A randomized trial comparing telemedicine case management with usual care in older, ethnically diverse, medically underserved patients with diabetes mellitusSteven Shea
Department of Medicine, 630 W 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 13:40-51. 2006Telemedicine is a promising but largely unproven technology for providing case management services to patients with chronic conditions who experience barriers to access to care or a high burden of illness.
- Use of intensive case management to reduce time in hospital in people with severe mental illness: systematic review and meta-regressionTom Burns
University of Oxford, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX
BMJ 335:336. 2007To explain why clinical trials of intensive case management for people with severe mental illness show such inconsistent effects on the use of hospital care.
- Impact of case management (Evercare) on frail elderly patients: controlled before and after analysis of quantitative outcome dataHugh Gravelle
National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, Centre for Health Economics, University of York, York YO10 5DD
BMJ 334:31. 2007To determine the impact on outcomes in patients of the Evercare approach to case management of elderly people.
- An approach to model the costs and effects of case management of Plasmodium falciparum malaria in sub-saharan AfricaFabrizio Tediosi
Swiss Tropical Institute, Basel, Switzerland
Am J Trop Med Hyg 75:90-103. 2006..interventions is that the incidence of illness and transmission dynamics are assumed to be independent of the case management system...
- Brief strengths-based case management promotes entry into HIV medical care: results of the antiretroviral treatment access study-IIJason A Craw
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:597-606. 2008The Antiretroviral Treatment Access Study-II (ARTAS-II) evaluated a brief case management intervention delivered in health departments and community-based organizations (CBOs) to link recently diagnosed HIV-infected persons to medical ..
- Psychosocial outcomes of telemedicine case management for elderly patients with diabetes: the randomized IDEATel trialPaula M Trief
Department of Psychiatry, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 E Adams St, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Diabetes Care 30:1266-8. 2007
- Nurse-based case management for aged patients with myocardial infarction: study protocol of a randomized controlled trialInge Kirchberger
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
BMC Geriatr 10:29. 2010..However, a specific case management programme for elderly patients with myocardial infarction (MI) is not yet available...
- Dementia case management effectiveness on health care costs and resource utilization: a systematic review of randomized controlled trialsC Pimouguet
INSERM, U 897, and Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33 076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Nutr Health Aging 14:669-76. 2010..Many healthcare systems have developed case management programs in order to optimize dementia patients and caregivers care and services delivery...
- Pilots of oncology health care: a concept analysis of the patient navigator roleAllison Pedersen
Faculty of Nursing, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Oncol Nurs Forum 37:55-60. 2010..To summarize the current scientific literature pertaining to the role of the patient navigator in oncology using the concept analysis framework developed by Walker and Avant...
- Effect of a hospital-based case management approach on treatment outcome of patients with tuberculosisRong Luh Lin
Pulmonary Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 105:636-44. 2006..This prospective study analyzed the factors influencing treatment outcome in patients with TB treated with and without a hospital-based case management (HBCM) approach in a referral center in Taipei.
- A review of consumer-provided services on assertive community treatment and intensive case management teams: implications for future research and practiceJennifer L Wright-Berryman
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc 17:37-44. 2011..Some ACT and intensive case management teams have integrated consumers as team members with varying results.
- A youth-focused case management intervention to engage and retain young gay men of color in HIV careAmy Rock Wohl
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, HIV Epidemiology Program, CA, USA
AIDS Care 23:988-97. 2011..An evaluation of a youth-focused case management intervention (YCM) designed to improve retention in HIV care is presented...
- Comparing Dutch case management care models for people with dementia and their caregivers: The design of the COMPAS studyJanet Macneil Vroomen
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Geriatric Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
BMC Health Serv Res 12:132. 2012..b>Case management contributes to this shift...
- Patient and carer perceptions of case management for long-term conditionsPenny Sargent
Manchester Business School, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, UK
Health Soc Care Community 15:511-9. 2007Nurse-led case management programmes have become increasingly popular over the last 15 years. Countries such as the USA, Canada, Sweden and the Netherlands have long running case management programmes in place for frail elderly people...
- Human case management and treatment of cysticercosisTheodore E Nash
Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bldg 4, Rm B1 06, Bethesda, MD 21043, USA
Acta Trop 87:61-9. 2003....
- Interventions to improve continuity of care in the follow-up of patients with cancerMichele Aubin
Department of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Canada
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 7:CD007672. 2012..This situation may lead to fragmented and uncoordinated care, and results in an increased likelihood of not receiving recommended preventive services or recommended care...
- Feasibility of using teleradiology to improve tuberculosis screening and case management in a district hospital in MalawiRebecca Marie Coulborn
Medecins Sans Frontieres, PO Box 219, Thyolo, Malawi
Bull World Health Organ 90:705-11. 2012..5%). Tuberculosis, common among HIV-infected people, requires radiologic diagnosis, yet Malawi has no radiologists in public service. This hinders rapid and accurate diagnosis and increases morbidity and mortality...
- Effectiveness of case management strategies in reducing emergency department visits in frequent user patient populations: a systematic reviewGayathri S Kumar
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Emerg Med 44:717-29. 2013b>Case management (CM) is a commonly cited intervention aimed at reducing Emergency Department (ED) utilization by "frequent users," a group of patients that utilize the ED at disproportionately high rates...
- Case management and self-management support for frequent users with chronic disease in primary care: a pragmatic randomized controlled trialMaud Christine Chouinard
Département des Sciences de la Santé, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi 555, Boul, de l Université, Chicoutimi, Quebec G7H 2B1, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 13:49. 2013..The intervention combines case management by a nurse with group support meetings encouraging self-management based on the Stanford Chronic Disease Self-..
- The potential of case management for people with dementia: a commentaryT Koch
Department of Primary Care and Population Health, University College London, London, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 27:1305-14. 2012A recent review of studies of case management in dementia argues that lack of evidence of cost-effectiveness should discourage the use of this approach to care...
- Evaluating a complex intervention with a single outcome may not be a good idea: an example from a randomised trial of stroke case managementNancy E Mayo
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, McGill University Hospital Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Age Ageing 40:718-24. 2011..to estimate the extent to which a case-management intervention for persons newly discharged into the community following an acute stroke effected a change in stroke outcome in comparison with usual care...
- Nurse-led case management for older people with long-term conditionsVari Drennan
Primary Care Nursing Reserach Unit, a collaboration between University College London, Kings College London, North Central London Research Consortium and Camden PCT
Br J Community Nurs 9:527-33. 2004..In response to this, there has been a growth of service models that draw on the principles of case management, particularly for those older people with multiple and complex needs...
- What factors influence case managers' resource allocation decisions? A systematic review of the literatureKimberly D Fraser
Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Med Decis Making 28:394-410. 2008..We know little about the resource allocation decision-making processes of case managers. The question guiding this review was, "What factors influence case managers' resource allocation decisions in home care?''..
- Case management and health-related quality of life outcomes in a national sample of persons with HIV/AIDSWilliam E Cunningham
Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research, Department of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 100:840-7. 2008..To examine whether having a case manager is associated with better physical and mental health scores...
- Health service providers in Somalia: their readiness to provide malaria case-managementAbdisalan M Noor
Malaria Public Health and Epidemiology Group, Centre for Geographic Medicine, KEMRI, Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Nairobi, Kenya
Malar J 8:100. 2009..inadequacies of the public health sector in sub-Saharan African countries in providing appropriate malaria case management. The readiness of the public health sector to provide malaria case-management in Somalia, a country where ..
- A qualitative study of the experiences and satisfaction of direct telemedicine providers in diabetes case managementJonathan Sandberg
School of Family Life, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, USA
Telemed J E Health 15:742-50. 2009..were conducted with 10 diabetes educators (nurses and dietitians) who served as providers of a telemedicine case management intervention for older adults who have diabetes...
- Integrated case management for work-related upper-extremity disorders: impact of patient satisfaction on health and work statusMichael Feuerstein
Department of Medical and Clinical Psychology, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Occup Environ Med 45:803-12. 2003An integrated case management (ICM) approach (ergonomic and problem-solving intervention) to work-related upper-extremity disorders was examined in relation to patient satisfaction, future symptom severity, function, and return to work (..
- Healthy IDEAS: implementation of a depression program through community-based case managementBanghwa L Casado
School of Social Work, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Gerontologist 48:828-38. 2008..The purpose of this study was to describe the implementation of HIDEAS and assess its feasibility...
- Thirty-six-month outcome of prenatal cocaine exposure for term or near-term infants: impact of early case managementH Kilbride
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Mercy Hospital, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, 64108, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 21:19-26. 2000..prenatal cocaine exposure and to determine whether that outcome would be modified by early, intensive family case management. Cocaine-exposed infants identified after delivery at an urban hospital were alternately assigned to receive ..
- A randomized controlled open trial of population-based disease and case management in a Medicare Plus Choice health maintenance organizationDavid C Martin
Coventry Health Care, Inc, PA, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 1:A05. 2004The object of this study was to examine the effect of population-based disease management and case management on resource use, self-reported health status, and member satisfaction with and retention in a Medicare Plus Choice health ..
- Assessment of inpatient paediatric care in first referral level hospitals in 13 districts in KenyaMike English
KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medicine Research, PO Box 230, Kilifi, Kenya
Lancet 363:1948-53. 2004..The district hospital is considered essential for delivering basic, cost-effective health care to children in resource poor countries. We aimed to investigate the performance of these facilities in Kenya...
- Improvement in hospital indicators after changes in dengue case management in NicaraguaCrisanta Rocha
Unidad de Infectología, Hospital Infantil Manuel del Jesús Rivera, Managua, Nicaragua
Am J Trop Med Hyg 81:287-92. 2009Dengue is a major problem worldwide, and improving case management is a significant priority...
- Improved malaria case management after integrated team-based training of health care workers in UgandaUmaru Ssekabira
Joint Uganda Malaria Training Program, Kampala, Uganda
Am J Trop Med Hyg 79:826-33. 2008Malaria case management in Africa is characterized by presumptive treatment and substantial overtreatment. We evaluated an integrated team-based training program on malaria case management...
- Effectiveness and cost of facility-based Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI) in TanzaniaJoanna R M Armstrong Schellenberg
Ifakara Health Research and Development Centre, Ifakara, Tanzania
Lancet 364:1583-94. 2004..We assessed the effectiveness of facility-based IMCI in rural Tanzania...
- Performance of malaria rapid diagnostic tests as part of routine malaria case management in KenyaAlexandre Macedo de Oliveira
Malaria Branch, Division of Parasitic Diseases, National Center for Vector Borne, Zoonotic, and Enteric Diseases, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:470-4. 2009..assessed the attributes of RDTs performed by study and health facility (HF) staffs as part of routine malaria case management of patients > or = 5 years of age in Kenya. Expert microscopy was used as our gold standard...
- The multi-country evaluation of the integrated management of childhood illness strategy: lessons for the evaluation of public health interventionsJennifer Bryce
Department of Child and Adolescent Health and Development of the World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Public Health 94:406-15. 2004..We describe how these questions were answered, the challenges encountered in implementing the evaluation, and the 5 study designs. The methodological insights gained can improve future evaluations of public health programs...
- Patient navigation and case management following an abnormal mammogram: a randomized clinical trialKathleen Ell
University of Southern California, School of Social Work, USA
Prev Med 44:26-33. 2007..This study was designed to test the effectiveness of a structured counseling and patient navigation intervention for improving follow-up rates at a large public sector medical center...
- Case management of childhood pneumonia in developing countriesPhilip Ayieko
Kenya Medical Research Institute Wellcome Trust Collaboration, Nairobi, Kenya
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:432-40. 2007..This article reviews recent evidence on clinical assessment and severity classification of pneumonia and reported results on the effectiveness of currently recommended treatments...
- A review of the literature on the effectiveness of housing and support, assertive community treatment, and intensive case management interventions for persons with mental illness who have been homelessGeoffrey Nelson
Department of Psychology, Wilfrid Laurier University, 75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Am J Orthopsychiatry 77:350-61. 2007..from programs that provided permanent housing and support, assertive community treatment (ACT), and intensive case management (ICM)...
- Case management used to optimize cancer care pathways: a systematic reviewChristian N Wulff
The Research Unit for General Practice in Aarhus, University of Aarhus, Vennelyst Boulevard 6, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
BMC Health Serv Res 8:227. 2008..b>Case management (CM) is one method that may support a cost-effective, high-quality patient-centred treatment and care...
- The relative contribution of case management and inadequate care-seeking behaviour to childhood deaths from diarrhoea and acute respiratory infections in Hidalgo, MexicoRossana Bojalil
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Trop Med Int Health 12:1545-52. 2007Objective To investigate the contribution of poor case management and care-seeking behaviour to childhood deaths from acute respiratory infections (ARI) and diarrhoeal diseases in rural Mexico...
- Global differences in patient characteristics, case management and outcomes in intracerebral hemorrhage: the Factor Seven for Acute Hemorrhagic Stroke (FAST) trialMichael C Christensen
Global Development, Novo Nordisk A S, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Cerebrovasc Dis 28:55-64. 2009..This study examines differences in outcomes after ICH in a recent multinational trial, and explores the effect of differences in patient severity and case management for the variations observed.
- Declines in case management of diarrhoea among children less than five years oldPavani Kalluri Ram
Bull World Health Organ 86:E-F. 2008
- A comprehensive case management program to improve palliative careClaire M Spettell
Aetna Informatics, Aetna, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania 19422, USA
J Palliat Med 12:827-32. 2009The objective of this study was to evaluate the impact of comprehensive case management (CM) and expanded insurance benefits on use of hospice and acute health care services among enrollees in a national health plan.
- Drug dispensing practices during implementation of artemisinin-based combination therapy at health facilities in rural Tanzania, 2002-2005J I Thwing
Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA, USA
Trop Med Int Health 16:272-9. 2011..To assess the degree to which policy changes to artemisinin-based combination therapies (ACTs) as first-line treatment for uncomplicated malaria translate into effective ACT delivery...
- Delphi research exploring essential components and preconditions for case management in people with dementiaPaul Jeroen Verkade
INHolland University for Applied Sciences Research Group Mental Health Nursing, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Geriatr 10:54. 2010b>Case management programmes for home-dwelling people with dementia and their informal carers exist in multiple forms and shapes...
- A Piot model to analyse case management in malaria control programmesMutale Mumba
Mufulira Health Board, Mufulira, Zambia
Trop Med Int Health 8:544-51. 2003..An important control strategy to address this burden is adequate case management of malaria patients...
- Modeling a better way: navigating the healthcare system for patients with lung cancerAmyJ Seek
Frederick Memorial Hospital, Maryland, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 11:81-5. 2007..A similar program can be implemented in community cancer centers for patients with other diagnoses to improve outcomes and satisfaction with the healthcare system...
- Preliminary outcomes from the assertive continuing care experiment for adolescents discharged from residential treatmentMark D Godley
Chestnut Health Systems, 720 W Chestnut Street, Bloomington, IL 61701, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 23:21-32. 2002..receive either usual continuing care (UCC) or UCC plus an assertive continuing care protocol (ACC) involving case management and the adolescent community reinforcement approach...
- Comparative effectiveness of diabetes prevention strategies in women with GDMAssiamira Ferrara; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finding that this intervention is cost-effective in this setting should motivate its adoption at KP as well as in other health care systems. ..
- Biomarkers of Sudden Death and Progressive Heart FailureGORDON FRANK TOMASELLI; Fiscal Year: 2010..heart failure patients at high-risk of cardiac decompensation is highly desirable, as disease and complex case management programs have demonstrated positive effects on mortality, quality of life, and length of hospitalization in ..
- Coping Skills Training in Heart Failure: Outcomes and MechanismsAndrew Sherwood; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Oral Health Intervention for Intellectually/Developmentally Disabled PersonsKNOWLTON WILLIAM JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..agreement trial would be the first outcome study properly powered to evaluate the effect of a dental case management strategy on oral health, related quality of life, and respiratory infections with caregivers and IDD ..
- A Test of an Intervention to Improve Pap Testing Among Women with HIVJeanne Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2013..They will be randomized to HPV self-collection and results counseling, or to receive usual care. Six months after enrollment, medical records will be reviewed for completion of Pap testing in the intervening months. ..
- Improving PTSD Service Delivery for Veterans with Severe Mental IllnessAnouk L Grubaugh; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., case management services, psychotropic medication management). Participants will be >21 with PTSD and SMI...
- Home Blood Pressure Telemonitoring and Case Management to Control HypertensionKaren L Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2013..The NHLBI-funded randomized HyperLink trial (Home Blood Pressure Telemonitoring and Case Management to Control Hypertension) has developed and implemented a very effective yet simple two-step non-office-based ..
- Preventing Maternal Depression in Head StartMichael Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..Within the comprehensive case management services of Head Start, 230 mothers at increased risk for depressive disorder will be randomized to receive ..
- Wireless Novel MicroEEG for Neonatal Apnea and Community Neurological NetworkZACHARY H IBRAHIM; Fiscal Year: 2013..finalize the development of an inexpensive system to record an artifact free EEG in the NICU, and develop a case management system for obtaining a centralized network of EEG interpretation from off-site neurologists...
- RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL OF SCREENING FOR DEPRESSION IN CARDIAC OUTPATIENTSRobert M Carney; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to conduct a randomized, controlled trial comparing the effects of depression screening and case management to usual care in cardiology outpatients with a recent history of ACS...
- Patient Navigation for Depressed Mothers in Head Start - An Engagement StrategyMichael Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..Patient Navigation is a lay-delivered case management approach that focuses on overcoming logistical hurdles to care, such as transportation, language barriers or ..
- Reducing Unhealthy Alcohol Use in Older Hispanic Day LaborersALISON AHERN MOORE; Fiscal Year: 2012..to integrate two evidence-based behavioral therapies: Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Strengths- Based Case Management and pilot test an intervention employing this integrated approach to reduce unhealthy drinking among middle-..
- Portable Mantram Meditation for Veterans with Military Related PTSDJill E Bormann; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., medication and case management)...
- Comparative Effectiveness of Virginia Coordinated Care versus the Traditional SafWally R Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Secondary Aim of the study is to identify the successful and replicable elements of primary care case management, care coordination, and other attributes of the patient-centered primary care model that make the VCC program ..
- STAT-ED Suicidal Teens Accessing Treatment after an Emergency Department VisitJACQUELINE M GRUPP-PHELAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The STAT-ED intervention targets family engagement, problem solving, assistance with referral and limited case management during the transition from the ED to outpatient care with the goal of maximizing the initiation of mental ..
- Palliative Care Symptom Management in Rural CommunitiesArdith Z Doorenbos; Fiscal Year: 2013..Health care providers will receive telehealth-delivered case consultations that will include case management, evidence-based practice resources, and peer support...
- Health Promotion Coaching/Vaccine for Homeless ParoleesAdeline M Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2013..one of three groups: 1) a PCPC (Parolee Comprehensive Care + Phone Coaching Program), which includes nurse case management and specialized hepatitis education sessions and referrals, the HAV/HBV vaccination series (to all eligible) ..
- Discovery &validation of novel P. vivax antigens for identification and monitoriJetsumon Prachumsri; Fiscal Year: 2013..programs are intensifying and moving towards the goal of elimination, the primary focus has shifted from case management to the interruption of transmission...
- HIV and Drug Use in Georgian WomenHendree E Jones; Fiscal Year: 2013..Treatment (RBT) that integrates the evidence based Women's Co-Op HIV prevention and a case management approach for IDU Georgian women...
- Using CBPR to Address HIV Risk in Heterosexual Black Men: The MEN Count ProgramAnita Raj; Fiscal Year: 2010..reduction in Black communities, and empirical evidence supports use of such an approach, typically involving case management. However, application of this model to clinical settings reaching at risk Black men has been limited...
- HIV care coordination: comparative effectiveness, outcome determinants and costsDenis Nash; Fiscal Year: 2013..The CCP intervention combines various evidence-based programmatic elements into a package, including case management, patient navigation, directly observed therapy (DOT), structured health promotion in home/field visits, and ..
- A Randomized Trial of Interim Methadone and Patient Navigation Initiated in JailRobert P Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2013..PN, a strengths-based case management approach based on an existing manual adapted for this study, will help to link participants to treatment upon ..
- Improving Quality of Care for the Treatment of Childhood PneumoniaPatricia L Hibberd; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Specialized Treatment Early in Psychosis (STEP): A community health center basedVinod H Srihari; Fiscal Year: 2010..of medication prescription, cognitive behavioral therapy groups, family psycho-education and individualized case management that is focused on vocational and educational rehabilitation versus (b) referral to treatment as usual in the ..
- NDRI Rocky Mountain Research Center for CJDATS 2Stanley Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2013..Screening Instruments (CODSIs) developed and validated by the investigative team, and (2) Transitional Case Management (TCM), designed to encourage successful reentry of offender clients...
- CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE PREVENTION TRAINING PROGRAMAbby C King; Fiscal Year: 2013..in Latina girls;home-based nutrition intervention and play group exercise for low income Latinas;comparing case management environmental support in an under-served population;targeting overweight/obese adults with insomnia or asthma;..
- HBV Prevention for Homeless at Risk for HBV/HCV/HIVAdeline M Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study is innovative in that it will allow us to look at the effect of an enhanced case management and contingency management program versus a standard contingency management program...
- Linking Russian Narcology &HIV Care to Enhance Treatment, Retention, &OutcomesJeffrey H Samet; Fiscal Year: 2013..narcology and HIV systems of care using elements shown to facilitate engagement in medical care: HIV case management and nurse home visits...
- A Randomized Study to Abate Truancy &Violence in Grades 3 to 9Jonathan Guryan; Fiscal Year: 2013..randomized effectiveness trial designed to learn more about whether structured mentoring, monitoring, and case management can improve schooling outcomes for poor children, and to shed light on the underlying child- and family-level ..
- Alcohol Pharmacotherapies Among Released PrisonersSANDRA ANN SPRINGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..After 2:1 randomization to d-NTX or placebo, all subjects will receive comprehensive case management services and 24 weeks of standardized counseling. D-NTX or placebo will be administered for 48 weeks...
- Improving Outcomes for Homeless Veterans with Peer SupportMarsha Langer Ellison; Fiscal Year: 2013..HUD-VASH) program is one of the largest of the VA housing initiatives, combining housing vouchers with case management wrap-around services for up to 20,000 individuals...
- Bone Health Conference GrantMonika M Safford; Fiscal Year: 2010..and treatment of osteoporosis before and after a fracture;2) Assess whether specific interventions, such as case management, electronic reminders, and fracture registries, are better suited for particular settings, such as health ..
- Using Community Participation to Improve the Health System in South IndiaKAIVAN MUNSHI; Fiscal Year: 2013..as the primary motivation for community volunteers when strict confidentiality must be maintained, as with TB case management. The new theory of solidarity formation that is developed indicates that spatially dispersed communities with ..
- Center for Stroke Disaparities SolutionOlajide Williams; Fiscal Year: 2013..is a comparative effectiveness trial of the effects of HBPTM alone versus HBPTM plus telephonic nurse case management, on BP reduction and prevention of recurrent stroke...
- ENDO: The Annual Meeting &Expo of The Endocrine SocietyLoretta L Doan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Program offerings include plenary lectures, symposia, case management forums and Meet-the-Professor sessions that add up to more than 350 presentations from the world's ..
- Hepatitis Care Coordination in Methadone TreatmentCarmen L Masson; Fiscal Year: 2010..will be done on site and participants receive on site theory-based hepatitis education, counseling, and case management to promote adherence to HCV evaluation;whereas in TEC hepatitis screening is done on site, but vaccination ..
- Hepatitis Care Coordination in Methadone TreatmentDavid C Perlman; Fiscal Year: 2010..will be done on site and participants receive on site theory-based hepatitis education, counseling, and case management to promote adherence to HCV evaluation;whereas in TEC hepatitis screening is done on site, but vaccination ..
- Urban Mindfulness and Addictions ResearchThomas M Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2013..The second pilot study focuses on enhancing case management through MM training of case managers to reduce stress and improve interpersonal practice skills...
- Analysis of XDR-TB and MDR-TB strains: safety, diagnosis and pathogenesisGilla Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Effective M/XDR-TB epidemiologic surveys and case management, as well as the development of new diagnostics and anti-TB drugs, require strong laboratory capabilities, for ..
- RESTRUCTURING SERVICES FOR DRUG ABUSING TANF WOMENJon Morgenstern; Fiscal Year: 2011..Results of our randomized clinical trial indicated that intensive case management (ICM) delivered within a welfare setting increased access, engagement, and retention in substance abuse ..
- Evaluating a Structural and Behavioral HIV Risk Reduction Program for Black MenJay G Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2013..The MEN Count model integrates HIV risk reduction and gender-equity counseling with housing and employment case management via multiple one-on-one sessions delivered by a peer case manager over 60-90 day period...
- Case Management and Problem Solving Therapy for Depressed Older AdultsBROOKE ANN HOLLISTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..This is a proposal from a new and early stage investigator that will evaluate the effectiveness of Case Management-Problem Solving Therapy (CM-PST) and Self-Guided Problem Solving Therapy (SG-PST) for depressed older adults ..
- Case Management for Underserved Hispanic Type 2 Diabetes PopulationsGarry W Welch; Fiscal Year: 2012..Culturally sensitive diabetes case management could potentially be a highly effective model for the deli very of integrated and comprehensive care if a ..
- Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS InterventionsMARVIN E BELZER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Through these programs, the Division provides health care, mental health, case management, health education, and substance abuse treatment services to over 9000 youth annually, and is involved in ..
- Reducing Offenders'HIV Risk: MI Enhanced Case Management with Drug-Free HousingDouglas L Polcin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Drawing on syndemics theory, a new intervention that enhances case management with motivational interviewing (Motivational Interviewing Case Management [MICM]) will address HIV and a host ..
- Disadvantaged Children: Predictors and Outcomes of Sleep BehaviorsLauren Hale; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., child enrolled in an Early Head Start Center or receiving public assistance, home visits, case management) is associated with increased use of caregiver- controlled sleep-related behaviors in children ages 1-5, net ..
- Repeat STI Patients: Tailored Socio-Contextual Intervention to Reduce HIV RiskLance S Weinhardt; Fiscal Year: 2013..of previous research by developing and testing an individually-tailored strengths-based prevention case management intervention strategy based on Social Action Theory (Ewart, 1991) that addresses repeat STI patients'..
- Enhancing linkage to HIV care for newly detected HIV-positive persons in UkraineOLEKSANDR NEDUZHKO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Access Study (MARTAS) intervention, based on the Social Cognitive Theory, motivational sessions and nurse case management, on the engagement in HIV care of recently detected HIV-positive patients...
- Reduction of drug use and HIV risk among out-of-treatment methamphetamine usersKaren F Corsi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Strengths-based case management (SBCM) focuses on client strengths as a means of addressing a broad array of life problems, which may then ..
- Indianapolis Interventions and Practice Research Infrastructure ProgramChristopher M Callahan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Advisory Mental Health Council's Workgroup on Aging Research (2006) reported, however, that "integrated case management for mental illness in old age is unlikely to be implemented until the factors that affect its adoption are ..
- Comparison of Fidelity Assessment MethodsMichelle P Salyers; Fiscal Year: 2013..One of the cornerstones of the VHA approach is Mental Health Intensive Case Management (MHICM), a model that is based on one of the most well-defined and empirically supported approaches: ..
- Evaluating Effectiveness of a Statewide Public Mental Health Re-entry ProgramStephanie Hartwell; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Massachusetts Department of Mental Health (DMH) Forensic Transition Team (FTT), a case management based re-entry program, has been in existence for over 10 years...
- Case-Management &Environmental Support to Sustain Weight Loss &Reduce CHD RiskRANDALL SCOTT STAFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2012..of 200 obese patients with heart disease risk factors, we will evaluate the impact of nurse and dietitian case management on weight loss and weight maintenance, as an adjunct to physician care...
- Economic Production Functions of Schizophrenia TreatmentDouglas L Leslie; Fiscal Year: 2010..such as developing and refining treatment recommendations and guidelines, implementing utilization review and case management programs, structuring insurance benefit plans, and allocating resources in public mental health systems...
- PS11-003 Minority AIDS Research InitiativeANDRES FELIPE CAMACHO-GONZALEZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..into care of HIV- infected youth using a combination of motivational interview techniques with intensive case management support starting at the time of testing...
- Network Supported Engagement in HIV Care for Younger Black MenDEXTER ROMMELL VOISIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Several existing strategies seek to address challenges to retention in care, including peer support groups, case management programs, multi-modal peer outreach, and peer health navigation...
- Ketamine vs Midazolam: Testing Rapid Relief of Suicide Risk in DepressionMichael F Grunebaum; Fiscal Year: 2013..or midazolam control followed by open continuation treatment with antidepressant medication plus supportive case management. The primary goal is to test ketamine's potential anti-suicidal effects versus a similarly sedative ..
- Delivering HIV Risk Reduction Services in Drug CourtDavid S Festinger; Fiscal Year: 2013..As a centralized component of drug court, case management units typically help clients access adjunctive services and provide consultation on a number of important ..
- A mobile Enabling Technology to promote adherence to behavioral therapyRosalind W Picard; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will study 25 subjects drawn from an existing SAMHSA-funded investigation that utilizes intense case management to monitor progression of PTSD and substance abuse in returning combat veterans...
- Putting EEG in the Emergency DepartmentShahriar Zehtabchi; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will add case management software to process the EEG recordings so they may be sent to off-site neurologists for interpretation ..
- Integrated Mental Health Treatment &HIV Prevention for Court-Involved YouthLarry K Brown; Fiscal Year: 2013..Youth in both conditions (ITP and ESC) will receive similar case management services from the court and psychiatric medication management (if needed) from a study psychiatrist...
- Tailored Case Management for Diabetes and HypertensionDavid Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2012..If successful in improving control of these diseases this intervention can easily be adopted in other community primary care practices to lessen the burden of diabetes and hypertension in the USA. ..
- Stabilize Addiction/Affect, Begin Inmates' Interferon for HCV of Liver (STAABIHL)Peter Friedmann; Fiscal Year: 2009..Intervention subjects (N=30) would receive detailed transitional discharge planning, intensive therapeutic case management and linkage to addiction, mental health, benefits, and social services, life skills training and accompanied ..
- EXTENDED CASE MANAGEMENT OF COCAINE ADDICTED PREGNANCYFarrokh Alemi; Fiscal Year: 1993The purpose of this randomized clinical trial is to examine if extended case management can correct deficiencies in existing clinical programs for drug abusing pregnant women...
- TRANSITIONAL VS PERMANENT HOUSING FOR HOMELESS CMIJanet Ford; Fiscal Year: 1991..Clients in both groups will receive on-site case management, psychiatric treatment and assistance designed to prepare them to live in permanent housing and be linked to ..
- WASHINGTON DC HOMELESS DUAL DIAGNOSIS PROJECTRobert Drake; Fiscal Year: 1992..C., has designed two distinct models of intensive case management to provide comprehensive treatment for homeless dually diagnosed clients...
- ASSESSING COORDINATING CARE FOR CHILDREN & YOUTH W/SEDLenore Behar; Fiscal Year: 1993The purpose of this project is to study the effectiveness of case management services in the mental health system of care for children in two counties of Western North Carolina...
- IOWA CASE MANAGEMENT PROJECT FOR RURAL DRUG ABUSEJames Hall; Fiscal Year: 1999This study will develop and evaluate a case management system to improve the delivery and accessibility of existing drug abuse treatment programs in Iowa...
- GROUP INTERVENTIONS TO PREVENT HIV IN HIGH RISK WOMENDavid Spiegel; Fiscal Year: 2003..All three groups will be provided with case management. We will recruit a total of 192 adult women survivors of childhood sexual abuse through newspaper ..
- ASSERTIVE CASE MANAGEMENT FOR DUALLY DIAGNOSED CLIENTSRobert Drake; Fiscal Year: 1992The long-term aim of this proposal is to develop and validate an effective case management approach for people with dual diagnoses of substance abuse and chronic mental illness...
- CONTROLLED GP COMP./TWO ALTERNATE MODELS OF CASE MGT.HOWARD GUDEMAN; Fiscal Year: 1990..for a grant to evaluate the impact on clients with severe, disabling mental illness, of an augmented form of case management. As in other parts of the nation, Hawaii has made a strong commitment to providing community-based support to ..
- Improving control with Activity and NutritionAnne Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed study is a two arm randomized clinical trial of the ability of lifestyle case management interventions to improve glycemic control, reduce macro- and microvascular disease risk factors, support ..