Summary: Conclusions derived from the nursing assessment that establish a health status profile for the patient and from which nursing interventions may be ordered.
Publications240 found, 100 shown here
- Perioperative nursing data set for the adult patient having a cystoscopyK Veit
University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Semin Perioper Nurs 10:47-53. 2001..The Perioperative Nursing Data Set (PNDS) was used to determine activities necessary in developing a nursing care plan for patients undergoing cystoscopy. The project description and the total care plan is shared with the reader...
- Improved quality of nursing documentation: results of a nursing diagnoses, interventions, and outcomes implementation studyMaria Müller-Staub
Pflege PBS, Stettlerstrasse 15, CH 3006 Bern, Switzerland
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 18:5-17. 2007..To evaluate the impact of the quality of nursing diagnoses, interventions, and outcomes in an acute care hospital following the implementation of an educational program...
- Evaluation of the sensitivity and use of the nursing outcomes classificationMarion Johnson
University of Iowa, College of Nursing, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Nurs Meas 11:119-34. 2003..condition and description of the outcomes and interventions nurses select for patients with a specific nursing diagnosis. Data were collected in 10 clinical sites representing the care continuum...
- Holistic assessment and care: presence in the processPamela J Potter
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Box 357266, Seattle, WA 98195 7266, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 42:213-28, vi. 2007..A holistic approach to nursing integrates process and presence in the provision of care. Process alone is empty without presence. Presence alone is insufficient without the process...
- Nursing diagnosis: is it time for a new definition?T Heather Herdman
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 19:2-13. 2008..proposed "physiologic" and "surveillance diagnosis" submissions that may not meet the current definition of nursing diagnosis (NANDA, 2007, p. 332)...
- Meeting the criteria of a nursing diagnosis classification: Evaluation of ICNP, ICF, NANDA and ZEFPMaria Müller-Staub
Pflege PBS, Stettlerstrasse 15, CH 3006 Bern, Switzerland
Int J Nurs Stud 44:702-13. 2007Few studies described nursing diagnosis classification criteria and how classifications meet these criteria.
- Integrating nursing diagnostic concepts into the medical entities dictionary using the ISO Reference Terminology Model for Nursing DiagnosisJee In Hwang
Department of Medical Informatics, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:382-8. 2003....
- Validity of the nursing diagnosis of relocation stress syndromeM J Mallick
Cleveland State University, Ohio 44115, USA
Nurs Res 49:97-100. 2000There have been no reports of validation studies on the nursing diagnosis of relocation stress syndrome (RSS).
- Accuracy and efficiency of computer-aided nursing diagnosisSachiko Kurashima
Department of Medical Informatics, Niigata University Medical and Dental Hospital, Niigata, Japan
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 19:95-101. 2008..This study aims to determine whether a computer-aided nursing (CAN) diagnosis system improves diagnostic accuracy and efficiency...
- Towards a nursing minimum data set for Ireland: making Irish nursing visibleMichelle Butler
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Systems, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
J Adv Nurs 55:364-75. 2006..The aim of this study was to identify patient problems, nursing interventions and nursing outcomes to be included in a nursing minimum data set for Ireland...
- Utility of a standardized nursing terminology to evaluate dosage and tailoring of an HIV/AIDS adherence interventionSuzanne Bakken
Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 37:251-7. 2005....
- Introduction and development of NCP using ICNP in PakistanR J Rukanuddin
Aga Khan University School of Nursing, Stadium Road, Karachi, Pakistan
Int Nurs Rev 52:294-303. 2005....
- A crisis in critical thinkingDorothy del Bueno
Performance Management Services, Inc, Tustin, California, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 26:278-82. 2005..This article discusses implications for nursing education and offers recommendations for developing clinical judgment in nursing students...
- The Turkish version of the Omaha System: its use in practice-based family nursing educationSemra Erdogan
Department of Community Health Nursing, Istanbul University Florence Nightingale School of Nursing, 34387 Caglayan Sisli Istanbul, Turkey
Nurse Educ Today 26:396-402. 2006..The findings of the study supported the usefulness of the Omaha System in describing the practice of community health nursing...
- Nursing diagnoses and interventions of Japanese patients with end-stage breast cancer admitted for different care purposesChie Ogasawara
Department of Nursing, School of Health Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 16:54-64. 2005..To clarify actual nursing diagnoses for and interventions given to patients with end-stage breast cancer admitted for different care purposes...
- Nursing minimum data sets: a conceptual analysis and reviewPádraig Mac Neela
National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Nurs Inq 13:44-51. 2006..While NMDS research helps to clarify the nursing contribution to care, attention is now required to better understand the domains of nursing care across a broader range of care settings...
- [Nursing classifications and computerized nursing information systems (CNIS): situation and issues]Sylvie Jetté
Perspect Infirm 4:24-8. 2007..This article suggests that computerized information systems being deployed in the healthcare network should be based on recognized nursing classifications...
- Nurse care coordination in community-based long-term careKaren Dorman Marek
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, PO Box 413, WI 52301, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 38:80-6. 2006..To evaluate the clinical outcomes of a nurse care coordination program for people receiving services from a state-funded home and community-based waiver program called Missouri Care Options (MCO)...
- Teaching and evaluating critical thinking with concept mapsMarjorie King
College of Nursing, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City 37614, USA
Nurse Educ 27:214-6. 2002
- Helping nurses use NANDA, NOC, and NIC: novice to expertMargaret Lunney
Department of Nursing, College of Staten Island, The City University of New York, Staten Island, NY 10314, USA
J Nurs Adm 36:118-25. 2006
- Practice standards for quality clinical decision-making in nursingE Arries
Faculty of Health, School of Nursing, University of Johannesburg, P O Box 524, Auckland Park
Curationis 29:62-72. 2006..Two experts were consulted to validate the standards for quality clinical decision-making in nursing...
- Development of the Nursing Outcome (NOC) label: hyperactivity levelCarol L Caldwell
Adult Psych Mental Health Nursing Psychology Associates, Ltd, IA, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 18:95-102. 2005..Responses from multiple sources in the child's environment must be monitored to manage childhood hyperactivity...
- A case study--initiation of haemodialysisG Gerogianni
Dialysis Unit, Tzaneio Hospital, Athens
EDTNA ERCA J 29:198-202. 2003..An assessment of the patient's health needs is addressed, followed by the implementation and evaluation of the nursing process. Finally, the analysis of the overall plan used in the case study is presented...
- Evaluating an ICNP Web-based nursing documentation systemJoseph Liaskos
Laboratory of Health Informatics, Faculty of Nursing, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, PO Box 115 27, Papadiamantopoulou 123, Athens, Greece
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:386-90. 2004..The results which have derived from this survey are presented. Moreover, conclusions regarding the future changes that should be made in the system are reported...
- Characteristics of and interventions for fever in JapanY Ikematsu
Nagoya University, School of Health Science, Department of Nursing, Nagoya, Japan
Int Nurs Rev 51:229-39. 2004....
- Evidence-based assessment: no more pride or prejudiceNancy Munro
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore 21201 1579, USA
AACN Clin Issues 15:501-5. 2004..Ultimately, patients will receive better care and outcomes will be improved using evidence-based assessment...
- Feasibility of studying the effects of using NANDA, NIC, and NOC on nurses' power and children's outcomesMargaret Lunney
College of Staten Island, CUNY, Staten Island, NY, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 22:316-25. 2004..The hypotheses indicating that Group B nurses and children would have more positive changes than Group A were not supported. Positive and negative elements for large-scale studies were identified...
- Describing use of nursing interventions for three groups of patientsJoanne Dochterman
College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, 52242, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 37:57-66. 2005..To describe the nursing interventions used most frequently during an acute hospital stay for three patient groups...
- Nursing diagnoses: factors affecting their use in charting standardized care plansTing Ting Lee
Nursing Department, National Taipei College of Nursing, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Nurs 14:640-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to explore factors that may affect nurses' use of nursing diagnoses in charting standardized nursing care plans in their daily practice...
- Using Roy's adaptation model when caring for a group of young women contemplating quitting smokingEthylene Villareal
Healthy Lifestyles Program at Toronto Public Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Public Health Nurs 20:377-84. 2003..Nursing interventions focused on approaches to the management of stimuli to promote adaptation for the group by helping the members move to the phase of thinking of quitting smoking...
- Toward collecting a standardized nursing data set across the continuum: case of adult care nurse practitioner settingGail Keenan
University of Michigan, School of Nursing, 400 N Ingalls, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Outcomes Manag 7:113-20. 2003..Ultimately, clinicians must recognize, however, that they will need to use additional terms and measures outside the subsets to more fully describe the nursing care provided...
- Health action plans for people with learning disabilitiesJohn Howatson
West Kent NHS and Social Care Trust
Nurs Stand 19:51-7. 2005..The rationale for developing the health action plan is explained and the intervention is detailed in relation to the person's circumstances...
- Competence of newly qualified registered nurses from a nursing collegeB G Morolong
University of Johannesburg
Curationis 28:38-50. 2005..Participants had very little knowledge of nursing diagnosis and were not competent on the skills of diagnosis...
- Nurses' diagnoses and treatment decisions regarding care of the agitated childTerri Voepel-Lewis
Department of Anesthesiology, Section of Pediatrics, University of Michigan Health Systems, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0211, USA
J Perianesth Nurs 20:239-48. 2005..A decision algorithm based on this study is described as a potential aid toward differentiation of agitation and appropriate intervention...
- Using NANDA, NIC, and NOC (NNN) language for clinical reasoning with the Outcome-Present State-Test (OPT) modelDonald D Kautz
University of North Carolina, Greensboro, Greensboro, NC, USA
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 17:129-38. 2006..METHODS. A scoring instrument was developed and 100 worksheets were retrospectively analyzed...
- Nursing diagnoses in a Brazilian intensive care unitAmália de Fátima Lucena
School of Nursing, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 17:139-46. 2006..To identify the nursing diagnoses and their most frequent related factors or risk factors in patients admitted to an intensive care unit (ICU)...
- Cross-mapping ICNP terms with Taiwanese gynecological nursing recordsChun Hua Kuo
Nursing Department, Kuo General Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan, ROC
J Nurs Res 14:271-8. 2006..Study results indicated that 71.1% of sentences could be cross-mapped. Further validation is suggested to validate ICNP in other gynecological hospitals...
- Clinical constructions by nurses in Korea, Norway, and the United StatesHesook Suzie Kim
Buskerud University College, University of Rhode Island, USA
West J Nurs Res 30:54-72. 2008..e., problem, progress, status, and particularism) as the bases for clinical picture evocations. Clinical pictures are constituted by nurses' elicitations of meanings of clinical situations on these dimensions...
- Practical interventions to prevent or lower emergent care and rehospitalization: patient education for home care patients with COPDGladys Polzien
Finlandia University, USA
Home Healthc Nurse 25:482-5. 2007..Interventions including patient education were implemented and evaluated at subsequent home visits...
- Use of NIDSEC-compliant CIS in community-based nursing-directed prenatal care to determine support of Nursing Minimum Data Set objectivesBrynja Orlygsdottir
University of Iowa, College of Nursing, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 25:283-93. 2007..The implications for nursing research and clinical practice are outlined...
- Putting policy into practice: pre- and posttests of implementing standardized languages for nursing documentationAsta Thoroddsen
Orebro University, Orebro, Sweden, and Faculty of Nursing, Landspitali University Hospital, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
J Clin Nurs 16:1826-38. 2007..Major research question was what are the differences between before and after implementation of documentation policy related to the steps of the nursing process?..
- Utilizing the Perioperative Nursing Data Set in a surgical settingJennifer J Westendorf
William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 West Thirteen Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Plast Surg Nurs 27:181-4. 2007..Furthermore, this article gives a brief overview of the history of the PNDS, and how this language helps improve nursing outcomes and promotes the profession of nursing...
- ASPAN Perianesthesia Data Elements--the modelTheresa L Clifford
Postanesthesia Care Unit, Mercy Hospital, Portland, ME, USA
J Perianesth Nurs 23:49-52. 2008
- Implementation of a documentation model comprising nursing terminologies--theoretical and methodological issuesGunn von Krogh
The Faculty of Nursing, Oslo University College, Oslo, Norway
J Nurs Manag 16:275-83. 2008....
- Testing the Q-DIO as an instrument to measure the documented quality of nursing diagnoses, interventions, and outcomesMaria Müller-Staub
Pflege PBS, Bern, Switzerland
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 19:20-7. 2008..To describe pilot testing of Quality of Diagnoses, Interventions and Outcomes (Q-DIO), an instrument to measure quality of nursing documentation...
- Implementing home health standards in clinical practice: an overview of the updated standardsLisa A Gorski
Wheaton Franciscan Home Health and Hospice, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53225, USA
Home Healthc Nurse 26:308-16. 2008
- Using the Omaha System to examine outpatient rehabilitation problems, interventions, and outcomes between clients with and without cognitive impairmentFang Yu
University of Minnesota School of Nursing, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Rehabil Nurs 33:124-31. 2008..These findings are consistent with an earlier report published by the authors that used standard instruments and indicate that the Omaha System can be valuable for rehabilitation clinical practice and research...
- Why are perianesthesia data elements so important for research and evidence-based practice?Wanda Rodriguez
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Perianesth Nurs 23:265-6. 2008
- Evaluation of the Outcome-Present State Test Model as a way to teach clinical reasoningRobin Bartlett
Hickory Outreach Program School of Nursing, 421 Moore Building, PO Box 26170, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC 27402 6170, USA
J Nurs Educ 47:337-44. 2008..the students gain clinical reasoning skills, but they also used and learned more about the North American Nursing Diagnosis Association, Nursing Interventions Classification, and Nursing Outcomes Classification languages...
- [Orem theory guided nursing process--protocol of a novel application: assessing situational self care needs]Ines Buscher
Evangelischen Fachhochschule Rheinland Westfalen Lippe, Bochum
Pflege Z 60:246-9. 2007
- Concept mapping: a nursing model for care planningJana Taylor
Linfield Good Samaritan School of Nursing, Linfield College, Portland, OR 97210 2932, USA
J Nurs Educ 46:211-6. 2007..It teaches critical thinking skills and nursing theory, develops competence with technology, and fosters effective interchange between faculty and students...
- Differential diagnosis in advanced nursing practiceHeather Baid
Surrey and Sussex Strategic Health Authority, Horley, Surrey
Br J Nurs 15:1007-11. 2006....
- Elementary school nurse interventions: attendance and health outcomesPenny C Weismuller
California State University, Fullerton, USA
J Sch Nurs 23:111-8. 2007..Recommendations include establishment of an attendance referral policy and improved documentation systems, including the use of standardized nursing language to demonstrate student outcomes...
- [Comment about the policy statement of the MDS. A position statement of the assessment group of the University Witten/Herdecke with regard to nursing documentation]Sabine Bartholomeyczik
Private Universität Witten Herdecke gGmbH, Lehrstuhl für Epidemiologie Pflegewissenschaft, Witten
Pflege Z 60:145-9. 2007..In fact, future quality criteria for health care are to be developed independently on the basis of scientific results and in consideration of the experiences of all concerned social groups...
- Patterns of nursing intervention use across 6 days of acute care hospitalization for three older patient populationsLeah L Shever
University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 18:18-29. 2007..The purpose was to (a) identify frequently used nursing interventions, and (b) describe patterns of interventions used for each of the three patient groups...
- Standardized care plans: experiences of nurses in TaiwanTing Ting Lee
Nursing Department, National Taipei College of Nursing, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Nurs 13:33-40. 2004..Studies have investigated the outcomes or effectiveness of using different types of care plans, but have seldom reported nurses' perceptions of using care plans in daily practice...
- Clinical validation of the signs and symptoms and the nature of the respiratory nursing diagnoses in patients under invasive mechanical ventilationSandra Salloum Zeitoun
Nursing Department, Federal University of Sao Paulo, São Paulo City, Brazil
J Clin Nurs 16:1417-26. 2007..to verify the occurrence of shared signs and symptoms in the diagnoses and compare them with North American Nursing Diagnosis Association's proposition and to ascertain whether respiratory nursing diagnoses occur in isolated or ..
- Documenting patterns of nursing interventions using cluster analysisT Kershaw
Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Nurs Meas 9:73-90. 2001..Clustering supported the utility of standardized nursing diagnosis and intervention typologies to identify actual practice patterns of adult nurse practitioner students...
- Tool development for evaluation of clinical nurse specialist competencies in graduate students: a pilot studyMargaret Lunney
College of Staten Island, Department of Nursing, City University of New York, 2800 Victory Boulevard, Staten Island, NY 10314, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 21:145-51. 2007..The purpose of this study was psychometric testing of the tool, Self Evaluation of CNS Competency Development...
- Contamination: nursing diagnoses with outcome and intervention linkagesLaura V Polk
College of Southern Maryland, La Plata, MD, USA
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 18:37-44. 2007....
- Is it time for a new category of nursing diagnosis?Geralyn A Meyer
Saint Louis University School of Nursing, Saint Louis, USA
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 18:45-50. 2007..We propose that the current definition of nursing diagnosis be expanded to include surveillance diagnoses for which the nurse has the responsibility for problem ..
- Viewpoint: use of King's conceptual system, nursing informatics, and nursing classification systems for global communicationMary B Killeen
Michigan State University College of Nursing, USA
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 18:51-7. 2007..To propose a common nursing language for communication among members of the nursing community worldwide...
- Development and evaluation of evidence-based nursing (EBN) filters and related databasesMary A Lavin
Center for Interprofessional Education and Research, Saint Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 93:104-15. 2005..This article describes the development and evaluation of filters that facilitate evidence-based nursing searches...
- Nursing diagnosis taxonomy across the Atlantic Ocean: congruence between nurses' charting and the NANDA taxonomyAsta Thoroddsen
Faculty of Nursing, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
J Adv Nurs 37:372-81. 2002..problems documented by Icelandic nurses? (b) If so, what kind of nursing diagnoses does it represent? (c) What kind of patient problems are not represented by NANDA terminology? (d) What are the most frequent nursing diagnoses used?..
- Development of an audit instrument for nursing care plans in the patient recordC Björvell
Karolinska Hospital, Department of Nursing, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Qual Health Care 9:6-13. 2000..To develop, validate, and test the reliability of an audit instrument that measures the extent to which patient records describe important aspects of nursing care...
- Describing a model of nursing as a focus for psychiatric nursing careR Brown
School of Nursing and Health Care Practices, P O Box 157, Lismore, NSW 2480, Australia
Int J Psychiatr Nurs Res 6:670-82. 2000..in recent years has been in the focus of nursing management nurses are placing much more emphasis on nursing diagnosis and nursing theories and are detaching from the more traditional medical model when planning nursing care...
- Ethical decision making in clinical practiceM D Fowler
School of Nursing, Azusa Pacific University, California
Nurs Clin North Am 24:955-65. 1989..fits within the same general schema of the hypotheticodeductive method of decision making that is taught for nursing diagnosis. Ethics requires that nurses respect persons, inform patients and secure their consent, not inflict harm, ..
- Nursing diagnosis and nursing theory: exploration of factors inhibiting and supporting simultaneous useNoreen C Frisch
Department of Nursing, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Nurs Diagn 13:53-61. 2002To explore the values and philosophies of nursing theories that inhibit the simultaneous use of nursing diagnosis and nursing theory.
- Determinants of hospital length of stayL R Lutjens
Kirkhof School of Nursing, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI
J Nurs Adm 23:14-8. 1993..The work by Halloran et al on the relationship between nursing diagnosis and length of stay shows some promise. Studies on nursing intensity have produced mixed results...
- The adequacy of ICNP version 1.0 as a representational model for electronic nursing assessment documentationPatricia C Dykes
Clinical Informatics Research and Development, Partners HealthCare, 93 Worcester St, Wellesley, MA 02481, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 16:238-46. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the adequacy of the International Classification of Nursing Practice (1) (ICPN) Version 1.0 as a representational model for nursing assessment documentation...
- Mapping nursing diagnosis nomenclatures for coordinated careR D Zielstorff
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Image J Nurs Sch 30:369-73. 1998..When different nomenclatures are used in different settings, continuity of care is hampered by the need to re-state problems and interventions...
- Group reminiscence among people with end-stage chronic lung diseasesH Jonsdottir
University of Iceland, and Project Manager, University Hospital Vífilsstadir, Iceland
J Adv Nurs 35:79-87. 2001..Reminiscence is considered an effective treatment for various groups of people, particularly the elderly...
- Cognitive factors in student nurses' clinical problem solvingKrystyna M Cholowski
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW Australia
J Eval Clin Pract 10:85-95. 2004..The aim of this study is to explore student nurses' clinical problem solving based on a model consisting of their motivational orientation, prior knowledge, diagnostic reasoning and diagnostic solutions...
- Participation in the International Classification for Nursing Practice (ICNP) programmeClaudia Bartz
International Council of Nurses, Geneva, Switzerland
Stud Health Technol Inform 124:157-61. 2006..ICNP Version 1.0 is also represented in a multiaxial model (7-Axis) for nurses to compose nursing diagnosis, intervention and outcome statements...
- Obtaining a foundation for nursing care at the time of patient admission: a grounded theory studyInger Jansson
School of Social and Health Sciences, Halmstad University, Halmstad, Sweden
Open Nurs J 3:56-64. 2009..assessment and decision-making process performed by nurses who formulated individual care plans including nursing diagnosis, goals and interventions or who used standardized care plans when a patient was admitted to their ward for ..
- Towards linking patients and clinical information: detecting UMLS concepts in e-mailPatricia Flatley Brennan
University of Wisconsin Madison, 372 Mechanical Engineering, 1513 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Biomed Inform 36:334-41. 2003..In successive runs we augmented six nursing vocabularies (NANDA Nursing Diagnosis, Nursing Interventions Classification, Nursing Outcomes Classification, Home Health Classification, Omaha ..
- [Development of a specialized nursing language from the nursing science perspective: why and what for?]Hanneke van Maanen
Studiengang Pflegewissenschaft, Fachbereich 11, Universitat Bremen
Pflege 15:198-207. 2002..a patient's reactions to disease and illness, the observation of interaction and behaviour through which a nursing diagnosis is derived...
- The use of nursing diagnoses in perioperative documentationKristiina Junttila
Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa, Finland
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 21:57-68. 2010..To clinically validate the nursing diagnoses of the first Finnish version of Perioperative Nursing Data Set (PNDS) by using them in perioperative documentation...
- An evaluation of the usefulness of two terminology models for integrating nursing diagnosis concepts into SNOMED Clinical TermsS Bakken
Department of Medical Informatics, School of Nursing, Columbia University, 630 West 168th Street, Mailbox 6, New York, NY, USA
Int J Med Inform 68:71-7. 2002We evaluated the usefulness of two models for integrating nursing diagnosis concepts into SNOMED Clinical Terms (CT).
- Intensive care nursing scoring system. Part 1: Classification of nursing diagnosesA K Pyykkö
Department of Nursing and Health Administration, University of Oulu, Finland
Intensive Crit Care Nurs 16:345-56. 2000..There are nursing diagnosis classifications that are used in North America, such as NANDA (North American Nursing Diagnosis Association),..
- Representing the nursing process with nursing terminologies in electronic medical record systems: a Swiss approachAlexandra Bernhart-Just
Center for Nursing Research and Development, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Comput Inform Nurs 28:345-52. 2010..The Zurich Electronic Nursing Process Data Model integrates the nursing diagnosis, outcomes, and intervention terminologies in a standardized manner into the nursing care process within the ..
- Evaluation of the content coverage of SNOMED-CT to represent ICNP Version 1 cataloguesHyeoun Ae Park
College of Nursing Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Stud Health Technol Inform 146:303-7. 2009..of Medicine Clinical Terms) to represent ICNP (International Classification for Nursing Practice) nursing diagnosis and intervention catalogue concepts...
- Adoption of innovations by specialised nurses: personal, work and organisational characteristicsMarian van der Weide
Departments of Urology and Nursing Science, University Medical Centre St Radboud, Secretariat CSS 2 970, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Health Policy 68:81-92. 2004..work and organisational characteristics on the extent to which continence nurses gained knowledge and made use of a book on nursing diagnosis and interventions for patients with urinary incontinence, which they received as a present.
- [Development and application of a computerized nursing process program for orthopedic surgery inpatients-- NANDA, NOC, and NIC linkages]Hye Suk Kim
Department of Nursing, Mokpo Catholic University, Jeollanamdo, Korea
Taehan Kanho Hakhoe Chi 35:979-90. 2005..The purpose of this study was to develop and to apply the NANDA, NOC, and NIC (NNN) linkages into a computerized nursing process program using the classification systems of nursing diagnoses, nursing outcomes and nursing interventions...
- A computer expert system prototype for mechanically ventilated neonates development and impact on clinical judgment and information access capability of nursesV Jirapaet
Faculty of Nursing, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Comput Nurs 19:194-203; quiz 203-5. 2001..The ES-MVN is a multimedia interactive consultation-based program that contains 2 major parts: the nursing diagnosis and the knowledge base on nursing care of mechanically ventilated neonates...
- Coining and defining novel nursing terminology. Part 2: critical incident nursing interventionElizabeth Wong
Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills Medical Center, Woodland Hills, CA, USA
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 19:132-9. 2008..upon clinical judgment and knowledge that a registered nurse performs in response to a critical incident nursing diagnosis (CIND)...
- Enhancing problem solving and nursing diagnosis in year III Bachelor of Nursing studentsMarilyn B Lee
College of Nursing and Allied Health, University of North Alabama, One Harrison Plaza, Box 5124, Florence, AL 35632, United States
Nurse Educ Today 29:389-97. 2009....
- Fuzzy logic model based on the differential nursing diagnosis of alterations in urinary eliminationMaria Helena Baena de Moraes Lopes
Nursing Dept, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, UNIFESP FMUSP SP, Campinas, Brazil
Stud Health Technol Inform 122:117-20. 2006..on fuzzy logic for making differential diagnosis of alterations in urinary elimination, considering the nursing diagnosis approved by the North American Nursing Diagnosis Association (NANDA), 2001-2002...
- [Nursing diagnosis of patients in the intraoperative period of cardiac surgery]Luzia Elaine Galdeano
Faculdade de Enfermagem do Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein
Rev Lat Am Enfermagem 11:199-206. 2003..1%). It was identified a predominance of the diagnoses related to psychobiological needs...
- [Family oriented nursing care]Joaquin Salvador Lima-Rodríguez
Departamento de Enfermeria, Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Espana
Enferm Clin 19:280-3. 2009..level a marked interest is seen in the health care of the family unit and the NANDA (North American Nursing Diagnosis Association), NIC (Nursing Interventions Classification) and NOC (Nursing Outcomes Classification) nursing ..
- Perspective: implementation of nursing language in long-term care and nursing educationShirley Aizenstein
Nursing Department, Truman College, Chicago, IL, USA
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 20:145-54. 2009....
- Current knowledge related to intelligence and thinking with implications for the development and use of case studiesMargaret Lunney
Department of Nursing, College of Staten Island, City University of New York, 2800 Victory Boulevard, Staten Island, NY, USA
Int J Nurs Terminol Classif 19:158-62. 2008..This paper reviews current knowledge regarding intelligence and thinking, and relates this knowledge to learning to diagnose human responses and to select health outcomes and nursing interventions...
- [Quality of nursing diagnosis and patient satisfaction. A review of the literature]M M Staub
Schulleiterin Höhere Fachausbildung Pflege und wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin Bereich Weiterbildungen, Ausbildungszentrum Insel, Murtenstrasse 10, CH 3010 Bern
Pflege 14:230-8. 2001..The state of the current literature is discussed and recommendations for further research are presented. The literature review yields implications for practice and education...
- Knowledge discovery in nursing minimum data set using data miningMyonghwa Park
College of Nursing, Keimyung University 194 Dongsan dong, Daegu, Korea
Taehan Kanho Hakhoe Chi 36:652-61. 2006..The purposes of this study were to apply data mining tool to nursing specific knowledge discovery process and to identify the utilization of data mining skill for clinical decision making...
- [Diagnosis "risk of pneumonia" evidence-based evaluation and comparison of nursing interventions]Elisabeth Haslinger-Baumann
Forschungsinstitut des Wiener Roten Kreuzes, Wien
Pflege 20:337-42. 2007..The result of the analysis is that the majority of the Nursing diagnosis interventions can be found in the guidelines...
- Narrative text in structured documentation of medication risks and side effectsVirpi Jylha
University of Kuopio, Department of Health Policy and Management Kuopio, Finland
Stud Health Technol Inform 146:434-8. 2009..FinCC version 1.1 used in this study contains Finnish Classification of Nursing Diagnosis and Interventions...
- [Nursing diagnoses: questions and controversies]S Kean
Department of Nursing Studies, University of Edinburgh
Pflege 12:209-15. 1999..In particular, NANDA's attempt to have their nursing diagnosis taxonomy included in the WHO's 10th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases, which ..
- Naming of depression: nursing, social and personal descriptorsM Feely
Mental Health Services, St Brigid s Hospital, Ardee, County Louth, Ireland
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 14:21-32. 2007..descriptors of depression and begins by exploring nursing descriptors including the nature of assessment and nursing diagnosis and progresses to underpin these major processes by considering social descriptors such as cultural and ..
- [Assistance to women victims of sexual violence: a nursing care protocol]Rosângela Higa
Centro de Atenção Integral a Saúde da Mulher da Universidade Estadual de Campinas Caism Unicamp, Campinas, SP, Brasil
Rev Esc Enferm USP 42:377-82. 2008..process were followed, and after the identification of the main nursing diagnoses of the North American Nursing Diagnosis Association (NANDA) the nursing interventions were determined, based on international and national ..
- [The content and structure of nursing documentation in Careggi Hospital, Florence, 1998: results and perspectives]E Boccoli
Servizi infermieristici Azienda ospedaliera Careggi, Firenze
Epidemiol Prev 25:174-80. 2001..A medical diagnosis was observed in 84% of the cases, but a nursing diagnosis was absent in over 99.5% of the charts. During stay most notes were related to medical treatment and visits...
- [Role of nursing in the development of breastfeeding in the premature newborn]María del Pilar Borrero-Pachón
Unidad de Cuidados Intensivos Neonatales, Hospital Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Espana
Enferm Clin 20:119-25. 2010..We present a standardized care plan that follows the NANDA (North American Nursing Diagnosis Association), NOC (Nursing Outcomes Classification), and NIC (Nursing Interventions Classification) and show ..
- INNOVATION, EFFECTIVENESS & OUTCOMES OF HEALTH CARE SERVMARILYN CHOW; Fiscal Year: 1992..to the effectiveness of health care services; 3) review the development of standard nomenclature for nursing diagnosis, intervention and outcomes; 4) review and analyze the progress of incorporation of nursing data elements ..
- CONFUSION IN HOSPITALIZED ELDERSVirginia Neelon; Fiscal Year: 1993..and identification of factors contributing to the development of confusion are prerequisites to early nursing diagnosis and effective intervention and/or prevention...
- COMPUTER-AIDED RESEARCH ON NURSING DIAGNOSISBetty Chang; Fiscal Year: 1992..This research involves five phases and is designed to develop a Computer-Aided Nursing Diagnosis and Intervention (CANDI) system that would facilitate research on nursing diagnoses Phase I was to develop ..
- OBJECTIVE MEASUREMENT OF PRESSURE SORE RISKKathleen Baldwin; Fiscal Year: 1999..335 billion dollars. Accurate nursing assessment, nursing diagnosis, and prompt nursing intervention are required for recognition and relief of pressure...
- Collaboration in Nursing Classification: A ConferenceJoanne Dochterman; Fiscal Year: 2001..The Center for Nursing Classification at the College of Nursing, the University of Iowa and the North American Nursing Diagnosis Association propose to sponsor a 3 day conference to develop a first draft of a common taxonomic structure (..
- INSUFFICIENT MILK SUPPLY--NURSING DIAGNOSIS/INTERVENTIONSharron Humenick; Fiscal Year: 1993..The specific goals of this project are to: 1)Identify the defining characteristics of early IMS as a nursing diagnosis for mothers of term infants, 2)Prevent early, unintended weaning of infants by evaluating selected ..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- PSYCHOBIOLOGY OF PTSD & ADVERSE OUTCOMES OF CHILDBEARINGJulia Seng; Fiscal Year: 2008..Findings from this study will provide a strong basis for future clinical research and an evidence base for potentially modifying maternity care practice guidelines to include care for PTSD. ..
- Caregiver-based Intervention for Persistent DeliriumEdward Marcantonio; Fiscal Year: 2007..If promising, our findings will serve as pilot data for a definitive trial to test this novel strategy to improve the health of a vulnerable population of elders and their caregivers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRIAL TO REDUCE DELIRIUM IN AGED POST ACUTE PATIENTSEdward Marcantonio; Fiscal Year: 2004..If the DAP is successful in reducing delirium and improving functional recovery, our findings will serve as a model of a targeted approach to improve the care of elders in the post-acute setting. ..
- CARE Intervention for Depressed Mothers & Their InfantsJUNE HOROWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..Outcomes are expected to contribute to knowledge of evidence-based nursing practice models for the treatment of maternal-infant relational problems associated with PPD. ..
- Patients' and families' home care service prioritiesDavid Casarett; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving Continence & Pain Control in LTC: The M-TRAIN InterventionJANET K P SPECHT; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will evaluate outcomes for nursing homes, elderly residents, and new ways to assist RNs and CNAs use the most current knowledge to care for elders with pain and urinary incontinence. ..
- Strategies for Airway Management & Prevention Endotracheal Tube Cuff InterventionMARY SOLE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Donepezil-enhanced management of delirium in aged hip fracture patientsEdward Marcantonio; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study is the first in the PI's long-term goal to better understand the pathophysiological mechanisms of delirium and to develop and test therapies targeted to address these mechanisms. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EVALUATION OF NURSING SENSITIVE PATIENT OUTCOME MEASURESMarion Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2001..Fehring (1987) content validity scores will be used to evaluate the content validity of new outcomes. ..
- The Effects of Hemodialysis on the Sleep/Wake CycleKathy Parker; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, study results will make a significant contribution to the scientific understanding of how medical treatments may interact with normal systems to induce sleep/wake abnormalities. ..
- Functional Senescence of Innate Immunity and PneumoniaKevin High; Fiscal Year: 2003..These data are essential to design meaningful studies using the case-control method, the most effective means of studying the link between immune senescence and infection risk. ..
- HIV RISK BEHAVIOR AND VIOLENCE AMONG CRACK USERSTk Logan; Fiscal Year: 2002..The protocol is estimated to last approximately three hours. Life events analysis, structural equation modeling, and regression are proposed as the major analytic techniques. ..
- Custom Computer Support: Home Care of CABG PatientsPatricia Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Key outcome variables include patient and nurse satisfaction with care, patient self-management, 30-day readmission rate and nurse workload. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DELIRIUM IN PERSONS WITH DEMENTIADonna Fick; Fiscal Year: 2007..Ultimately, the results from this and subsequent studies should improve the lives of persons with dementia and their caregivers by decreasing delirium-related complications and hospitalizations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mobile Decision Support for Advanced Practice NursingSuzanne Bakken; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such tools have the potential to increase CPG adherence, enhance evidence-based practice, promote patient safety, and in the long term improve patient outcomes. ..
- Brucella, Aging and Role of IL-17 in Host DefenseKevin High; Fiscal Year: 2005..The data generated in this proposal will form the foundation of future R01 proposals aimed at enhancing immunity vs. intracellular pathogens in our aging population. ..
- Gastric Tube Placement in Young ChildrenMarsha Ellett; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results from this study will increase the safety of using gastric tubes in young children. ..
- Critical Factors Impacting Family Transition to Preschool Special Health ServicesLinda Caley; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NURSING INTERVENTIONS FOLLOWING SUDDEN CARDIAC ARRESTCYNTHIA DOUGHERTY; Fiscal Year: 2001..The findings are expected to be generalizable to other populations of high risk patients who leave the hospital after a very short stay, and to whom close follow-up cre by advanced practice nurses would be advantageous. ..
- ALCOHOL, VIOLENCE, AND HEALTH SERVICES IN RURAL WOMENTk Logan; Fiscal Year: 2004..And, (4) To examine changes in alcohol use, intimate violence victimization and health service utilization over a one year period from baseline to follow-up among rural and urban women who have protective orders. ..
- Pain, Opioids, and Sleep in Cancer PatientsKathy Parker; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, the results of the study will assist in furthering the development of theory regarding sleep regulatory processes. ..
- Improving Use of CIS in the Underserved Through Mobile Access & Decision SupportSuzanne Bakken; Fiscal Year: 2007..Differences in patients' use of tobacco-related CIS resources will be explored by sociodemographic variables (gender, age, race, ethnicity, zip code, and health insurance status). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DIETARY FATTY CONTROL OF INFLAMMATIONKevin High; Fiscal Year: 2002..Health relateness: Answering these fundamental questions will shed critical light on the feasibility of utilizing dietary fatty acids to regulate AA metabolism and related clinical disorders. ..