Summary: Business management of medical and dental practices that may include capital financing, utilization management, and arrangement of capitation agreements with other parties.
Publications242 found, 100 shown here
- Practice management performance indicators in academic radiology departmentsSilvia Ondategui-Parra
Radiology Management Group, Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Radiology 233:716-22. 2004..To determine the management performance indicators most frequently utilized in academic radiology departments in the United States...
- Practice management education during surgical residencyKory Jones
Department of Surgery, Methodist Health System, 221 W Colorado, Pavilion 1, Suite 100, Dallas, TX 75208, USA
Am J Surg 196:878-81; discussion 881-2. 2008..We present our program, which has been in place over the past 2 years and is designed to teach the residents practice management.
- Practice management education in orthopaedic surgical residenciesJ Brian Gill
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Texas Tech University Health Sciences, 3601 4th Street, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:216-9. 2007
- Using a simulated practice to improve practice management learningLeigh LoPresti
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, WI, USA
Fam Med 41:640-5. 2009b>Practice management education is required in family medicine residencies, and requirements have recently been expanded...
- Teaching practice management skills to pediatric residentsLeland A Babitch
Children s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 45:846-9. 2006..The series is currently in its third year, with a positive response from the participants, and demonstrated improvement in resident knowledge of the covered areas...
- An interactive approach to teaching practice management to family practice residentsMax Bayard
Johnson City Family Practice Residency Program, East Tennessee State University, 37604, USA
Fam Med 35:622-4. 2003Three years ago, our residency program began a new approach to teaching practice management to our second- and third-year residents...
- Teaching practice management during residencyE A Rose
Department of Family Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, USA
Fam Med 31:107-13. 1999b>Practice management is a required component in family practice residency education. A few studies have reported that recently graduated primary care physicians indicated that their practice management training was inadequate...
- Focusing your people: the power of entrepreneurial thinkingEdward J O'Connor
Universitu of Colorado, Denver, USA
Physician Exec 32:18-23. 2006
- Positioning advanced practice nurses for financial success in clinical practiceSusan Kennerly
College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45221 0038, USA
Nurse Educ 31:218-22. 2006..The author discusses 4 primary content categories that are critical to financial success in clinical practice...
- Building a successful private care management companyMary Lynn Pannen
Sound Options, Inc, Tacoma, Washington, USA
Lippincotts Case Manag 9:242-4. 2004
- A PEO for your practice? Professional employer organizations can lighten your administrative burdenRonald L Evans
South Texas Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery Associates, San Antonio, USA
MGMA Connex 4:26-31, 1. 2004..A PEO can allow a group's management team to focus more on other aspects of the medical practice. Although they're not for everyone, PEOs are worth a look...
- Entity matters. Financial consequences of entity selection for the physician-owned practiceLee Ann H Webster
Pathology Associates of Alabama PC, Birmingham, USA
MGMA Connex 4:52-7, 1. 2004....
- [The future of veterinary medicine]Karin Wolthers
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 131:548-9. 2006
- Line by lineFrank A Peplowski
United Physicians Management Services Inc, Winston Salem, NC, USA
MGMA Connex 4:26-8. 2004
- Business plan 2.0: putting technology to workTony Peregrin
Chicago, IL, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 108:212-4. 2008
- If at first you don't succeed... bankrupt companies buy back their own assetsMark Taylor
Mod Healthc 33:8-9. 2003
- Capturing all the chargesHoward J Anderson
Health Data Manag 15:48, 50, 52. 2007
- EMI: keep your equipment hummingRobert Lowes
Med Econ 84:32-4. 2007
- Stepping stones. Assess, learn, certify and excel on your pathway to professional developmentChristina Pope
MGMA Connex 5:39-44, 1. 2005Here's a guided tour of the process of pursuing professional development in medical practice management--and achieving measurable success. Peers describe what they did to broaden their knowledge and work toward certification in the field...
- The Zodiak workshop: an innovative model for teaching financial management through partnership with industryJames W Lloyd
College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Vet Med Educ 31:175-8. 2004..Based on these experiences, the Zodiak workshop provides a useful model for teaching career development and practice management topics to veterinary students...
- An analysis of opinions from veterinarians in South Africa regarding business management skillsR C Krecek
Department of Zoology and Entomology, Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
J S Afr Vet Assoc 75:24-9. 2004..This is the 1st known survey to employ a questionnaire to gain insights and opinions from veterinarians about business management skills...
- Food-supply veterinary medicine and veterinary medical education: an Australian perspectiveReuben Rose
Meat and Livestock Australia, North Sydney, NSW
J Vet Med Educ 33:505-8. 2006..An ongoing process of curriculum review and renewal, which involves input from both external and internal stakeholders and allows regular review and assessment, is needed to ensure continuing curriculum relevance...
- The product line executive of the future, Part II: Charting your coursePhilip L Ronning
Ronning Healthcare Strategies, Portland, OR, USA
J Cardiovasc Manag 15:8-11. 2004
- Take my word for itStephen T Dudley
Med Econ 83:39-40. 2006
- Simple ways to improve staff productivityJudy Capko
J Med Pract Manage 21:262. 2006
- [Become NOW a member of the Interest Association Practice Group]H A Beijer
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 130:411-2. 2005
- 2004 AANP National Nurse Practitioner Sample Survey, part I: an overviewMary Jo Goolsby
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, Austin, TX, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 17:337-41. 2005
- Sees need to expand informatics standardsDennis Balance
J Am Vet Med Assoc 227:547. 2005
- Idle thoughtsBryce I Fleming
Can Vet J 46:837-8. 2005
- A winning combo. Small clinics see big gains in teaming up practice management and medical record systemsFrank Jossi
Healthc Inform 22:25-6, 28. 2005
- Less is more. Why physicians should take their own vitalsBrian Parillo
Charles River Medical Associates, Framingham, Mass, USA
MGMA Connex 5:15-6. 2005
- Financing your dreamMichael Swanson
Synapse Ventures, Miami Beach, Fla, USA
Adv Nurse Pract 13:16. 2005
- [Veterinary students' perspective of their professional relationships and responsibilities]G de Graaf
Faculteit der Sociale Wetenschappen, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1081, 1081 HV, Amsterdam
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 130:688-95. 2005..The general attitudes of students towards animals, animal welfare, and human clients do not seem to be greatly influenced by attending veterinary school...
- Turn, turn, turn. An introduction to the revenue cycleLauren Moffatt
Beacon Partners, Dallas, USA
MGMA Connex 5:32-4. 2005
- Use of productivity and financial indicators for monitoring performance in academic radiology departments: U.S. nationwide surveySilvia Ondategui-Parra
Radiology Management Group, Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, One Brigham Circle, 1620 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Radiology 236:214-9. 2005..To determine how productivity- and finance-related indicators are used by radiology departments to evaluate departmental performance...
- Buying and leasing real estate for veterinary hospitalsKarl R Salzsieder
Salzsieder Consulting and Legal Services, 611 Cowlitz Way West, Suite B, Kelso WA 98626, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 36:373-84, vi-vii. 2006..All these factors must be compared with the costs of leasing...
- Development of a veterinary teaching hospital business modelJames W Lloyd
Office of the Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 226:705-10. 2005
- Revenues, expenses, and returns on resources for private veterinary practices in the United States, 2001 and 2003J Karl Wise
AVMA Membership and Field Services Division, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 226:881-3. 2005
- Developing your corporate lookRachael R Ackley
H2O Design, Shelbyville, IN, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 20:16-7. 2006
- Response of a veterinary college to career development needs identified in the KPMG LLP study and the executive summary of the Brakke study: a combined MBA/DVM program, business certificate program, and curricular modificationsLori R Kogan
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 226:1070-76. 2005In the present market, veterinarians with a strong background in career development, practice management, and business skills have a clear advantage in achieving financial success...
- Learn the business skills of advanced practice nursingPatricia A C Hildebrand
Nurse Pract 30:55-6. 2005
- It is all about cash flowNancy E Dayhoff
Clinical Solutions, LLC, Columbus, Ind, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 19:127-8. 2005
- Small animal practice: billing, third-party payment options, and pet health insuranceLouise Dunn
Snowgoose Veterinary Management Consulting, 12 Snow Goose Cove, Greensboro, NC 27455, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 36:411-8, vii. 2006..This article discusses viable alternative financing options. Each alternative comes with its own pros and cons. Practice owners will want to study the offerings carefully to find the best match for their practice and clients...
- Move your practice to new heights with down-to-earth hiring techniquesBonita S Voiland
Cornell University Hospital for Animals, College of Veterinary Medicine, Box 20, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 36:397-409, vii. 2006..Identifying the right culture, hiring people who find congruence with the practice's culture, and consistently applying these principles will help your practice soar to new heights...
- Planning your nursing businessThomas A Mackey
UT Health Services, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 17:501-5. 2005
- RightSizing. Maintaining a fluid practice--despite the next reorganizationAndy Whitener
Carolinas Rehabilitation Hospital, Florence, SC, USA
Rehab Manag 21:34, 36. 2008
- Think small. Are PPM vendors meeting the needs of small practices?Charlene Marietti
Healthc Inform 20:31-4, 36. 2003
- Physician practice management companies: a failed conceptStephen Kraft
Washington University Olin School of Business, USA
Physician Exec 28:54-7. 2002..Understand the market. Understand the business. If you, as a buyer, seller or partner cannot clearly understand how a transaction creates value that you can capture, walk away...
- Pragmatism and structuralism in occupational therapy: the long conversationBarb Hooper
Occupational Therapy Program, Grand Valley State University, 1 Campus Drive, Allendale, Michigan 49401 9403, USA
Am J Occup Ther 56:40-50. 2002..However, recent developments offer an opportunity for occupational therapists to correct old identity problems through critically evaluating incompatible assumptions and carefully reading the prevailing cultural ethos...
- Setting up an in-office independent medical examination companyMartha Hamilton
Clin Sports Med 21:289-303. 2002....
- Adjusting to patients' increasing financial responsibilityJim Lackey
Passport Health Communications, Inc, Franklin, Tenn, USA
Revenue-cycle Strateg 5:1-2. 2008
- Developing a curriculum to improve the skills, knowledge, aptitudes, and attitudes of veterinary studentsJames W Lloyd
J Am Vet Med Assoc 220:976-7. 2002
- Template for a recommended curriculum in "Veterinary Professional Development and Career Success"James W Lloyd
College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
J Vet Med Educ 29:84-93. 2002..The model curriculum was created from comprehensive input provided by consultants and educators. Constraints for implementation of this curriculum are identified, and future directions are discussed...
- Developing a business plan. Getting down to specificsSally J Reel
Nurse Practitioner Programs, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
Adv Nurse Pract 11:53-4, 90. 2003
- Marketing your practice. Strategies that workJill Rollet
Adv Nurse Pract 11:59-62. 2003
- Enhancing nontechnical skills, knowledge, aptitudes, and attitudes in the veterinary profession through the work of the National Commission on Veterinary Economic IssuesJames W Lloyd
Office of the Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 230:1646-52. 2007
- [Veterinary entrepreneur: vision and innovation. Congress "The veterinarian as entrepreneur"]Henry Dijkman
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 132:184. 2007
- Practice management guidelines for selective nonoperative management of penetrating abdominal traumaJohn J Como
Division of Trauma, Critical Care, and Burns, Department of Surgery, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Trauma 68:721-33. 2010..Because of this, the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma Practice Management Guidelines Committee set out to develop guidelines to analyze which patients may be managed safely without ..
- Management of neonatal abstinence syndrome in neonatal intensive care units: a national surveyS Sarkar
1The Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, C S Mott, Children s Hospital, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0254, USA
J Perinatol 26:15-7. 2006..To determine the monitoring and treatment of neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) in neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) following opiate or polydrug exposure in utero...
- A survey of the computer literacy of undergraduate dental students at a University Dental School in Ireland during the academic year 1997-98N J Ray
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University Dental School and Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland
Eur J Dent Educ 3:56-63. 1999As dental practice management becomes more computer-based, the efficient functioning of the dentist will become dependent on adequate computer literacy...
- Coding for effective denial managementJackie Miller
Per Se Technologies, Atlanta, GA, USA
Radiol Manage 26:18-21. 2004..staff's focus from paperwork to servicing patients--all of which are sure to enhance operations and improve practice management and office morale...
- Assessment of objectives of post-doctoral general dentistry programs in CanadaJ B Epstein
Department of Dentistry, Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, 855 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9, Canada
Spec Care Dentist 20:191-4. 2000..Educational goals and objectives were assessed in professional skills and practice management, public health and preventive dentistry, oral medicine and pathology, special needs patient care, trauma ..
- Consolidation of medical groups into physician practice management organizationsJ C Robinson
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
JAMA 279:144-9. 1998..An increasing number are affiliating with physician practice management (PPM) firms that offer capital financing, expertise in utilization management, and global capitation ..
- Resident physician mentoring program in ophthalmology: the Tennessee experienceJames C Tsai
Department of Ophthalmology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 124:264-7. 2006To establish a mentoring program to provide resident physicians in ophthalmology with career guidance in practice management and to identify new and creative ways to involve future eye physicians in the legislative and political process.
- High workload and job stress are associated with lower practice performance in general practice: an observational study in 239 general practices in the NetherlandsPieter van den Hombergh
Center for Quality of Care Research, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Health Serv Res 9:118. 2009..Our study explored whether high workload and job stress were associated with lower performance in general practices in the Netherlands...
- The effect of a sports chiropractic manual therapy intervention on the prevention of back pain, hamstring and lower limb injuries in semi-elite Australian Rules footballers: a randomized controlled trialWayne Hoskins
Macquarie Injury Management Group, Department of Chiropractic, Faculty of Science, Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:64. 2010..whether a sports chiropractic manual therapy intervention protocol provided in addition to the current best practice management could prevent the occurrence of and weeks missed due to hamstring and other lower-limb injuries at the semi-..
- Harnessing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to enable community-oriented primary careAndrew Bazemore
The Robert Graham Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 23:22-31. 2010....
- Practice standards for optometry and optometric practice accreditationPatricia M Kiely
Optometrists Association Australia, 204 Drummond Street, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia
Clin Exp Optom 86:143-51. 2003..Existing practice management standards for health professionals were thought to be either not specific enough for optometric practice or ..
- Is provider capitation working? Effects on physician-hospital integration and costs of careG J Bazzoli
Institute for Health Services Research and Policy Studies, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Med Care 38:311-24. 2000..Capitation holds health providers fiscally responsible for the services they deliver or arrange and thus provides strong motivation for physicians and hospitals to integrate activities and reduce costs of care...
- Practice management in obstetrics and gynecology residency curriculumL E Williford
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tennessee, Memphis 38103, USA
Obstet Gynecol 94:476-9. 1999To establish the current level of instruction in practice management in obstetrics and gynecology residency programs; review recommendations of medical school practice management executives and current and former residents on design of ..
- Clinical practice guideline: red blood cell transfusion in adult trauma and critical careLena M Napolitano
Crit Care Med 37:3124-57. 2009..To develop a clinical practice guideline for red blood cell transfusion in adult trauma and critical care...
- Management of high blood cholesterol by primary care physicians: diffusion of the National Cholesterol Education Program Adult Treatment Panel guidelinesS Shea
Department of Medicine, School of Public Health, Columbia University Health Sciences Division, New York, New York
J Gen Intern Med 5:327-34. 1990..02). CONCLUSION: This study suggests that hard-to-reach physician groups may require special efforts to communicate consensus guidelines of major importance to clinical practice...
- Management of infection control in dental practiceA Smith
Infection Research Group, University of Glasgow Dental School, Faculty of Medicine, Glasgow, UK
J Hosp Infect 71:353-8. 2009..The training of staff in infection control and its documentation is poorly managed and consideration should be given to development of quality management systems for use in dental practice...
- Management of fluid and hydration in patients with acute subarachnoid haemorrhage - an action research projectNeal F Cook
Lecturer in Nursing and Specialist Practitioner in Critical Care Nursing, School of Nursing, University of Ulster, Magee Campus, Ulster, UK
J Clin Nurs 13:835-49. 2004....
- RBRVS costing: the inaccurate wolf in expensive sheep's clothingRobin Cooper
Goizueta School of Business, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Health Care Finance 34:6-18. 2008..methodology and has gained popularity in recent years as a way to support many aspects of medical practice management. In this article, we demonstrate that RBRVS (also known as relative value unit (RVU) costing), is simply an ..
- The prevalence and nature of recent self-reported changes in general dental practice in a sample of English general dental practitionersR Watt
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Br Dent J 197:401-5; discussion 395. 2004..To determine the extent and types of change in seven domains of dental practice in a sample of English general dental practitioners (GDPs)...
- Local public health cost study in GeorgiaCarol L Hadley
Division of Public Health, Georgia Department of Human Resources, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 10:400-5. 2004..a determination that the result was achievable, the Division of Public Health contracted with a medical practice management firm...
- Management of filamentary keratitis associated with aqueous-deficient dry eyeJulie Albietz
Centre for Eye Research, Queensland University of Technology, O Blocj, QUT Kelvin Grove, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove 4059, Australia
Optom Vis Sci 80:420-30. 2003..To review the incidence, underlying pathophysiology, and clinical features of filamentary keratitis and to identify evidence-based best-practice strategies for managing filamentary keratitis...
- Is there a digital divide among physicians? A geographic analysis of information technology in Southern California physician officesDouglas S Bell
UCLA Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research, 911 Broxton Plaza, Room 314, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1736, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:484-93. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine whether physician offices located in high-minority and low-income neighborhoods have different levels of access to information technology than offices located in lower-minority and higher-income areas...
- Quality of life, quality of care, and patient satisfaction: perceptions of patients undergoing outpatient autologous stem cell transplantationLisa Schulmeister
Oncol Nurs Forum 32:57-67. 2005....
- Medical family support needs and experiences in rural QueenslandCraig Veitch
School of Medicine, James Cook University, Queensland, Australia
Rural Remote Health 5:467. 2005..A concurrent key informant interview of 14 agencies associated with rural medical practitioner support sought information on those agencies' specific spouse/family support strategies...
- Duties and training of dental nurses: how do Irish practices conform to European standards?C D Lynch
Cardiff University School of Dentistry, Cardiff, UK
Community Dent Health 25:98-102. 2008..The purpose of this paper is to describe the opinions and attitudes of dental nurses to their roles and suitability of training in one European member state, Ireland, where statutory registration has recently been introduced...
- National appraisal of dermatology residency training: a Canadian studyAnatoli Freiman
Division of Dermatology, McGill University, 3559 Jeanne Mance Street, Rm 2506, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2X 3P7
Arch Dermatol 141:1100-4. 2005..To provide the first comprehensive assessment of dermatology residency training in Canada based on the residents' perspective; to examine and elucidate trends in current residents' envisioned career paths and aspirations...
- Blunt cerebrovascular injury practice management guidelines: the Eastern Association for the Surgery of TraumaWilliam J Bromberg
Memorial Health University Medical Center, Savannah, Georgia 31404, USA
J Trauma 68:471-7. 2010..The Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma organization Practice Management Guidelines committee set out to develop an EBM guideline for the screening, diagnosis, and treatment of BCVI...
- Acute childhood idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: AIEOP consensus guidelines for diagnosis and treatment. Associazione Italiana di Ematologia e Oncologia PediatricaD De Mattia
Dipartimento di Biomedicina dell Eta Evolutiva, Università di Bari Azienda Ospedliera Policlinico, Piazza G Cesare 11, 70124 Bari, Italy
Haematologica 85:420-4. 2000..evaluation carried out by the Associazione Italiana di Ematologia e Oncologia Pediatrica (AIEOP) about practice management of acute childhood idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) revealed a remarkable difference of behaviors ..
- Early intubation in the management of trauma patients: indications and outcomes in 1,000 consecutive patientsMichael J Sise
Division of Trauma, Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
J Trauma 66:32-9; discussion 39-40. 2009The Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma Practice Management Guidelines identify indications (EI) for early intubation. However, EI have not been clinically validated...
- Coordinating cancer care: patient and practice management processes among surgeons who treat breast cancerSteven J Katz
Department of Internal Medicine and Health Management Policy, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Med Care 48:45-51. 2010..These initiatives parallel those underway to integrate the management of patients with chronic conditions...
- Development of the private practice management standards for psychologyRebecca Mathews
Australian Psychological Society, Australia
J Healthc Qual 33:77-90. 2011This paper describes the process of developing a set of private practice management standards to support Australian psychologists and promote high quality services to the public...
- Management of the child born small for gestational age through to adulthood: a consensus statement of the International Societies of Pediatric Endocrinology and the Growth Hormone Research SocietyP E Clayton
University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:804-10. 2007..A meeting was convened to identify the key health issues facing a child born small for gestational age (SGA) and to propose management strategies...
- Management of skin reactions during radiotherapy: a study of nursing practiceS D'haese
Department of Radiotherapy, Oncology Centre, Academic Hospital Free University Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 14:28-42. 2005..To increase consensus on skin care issues more conclusive research is needed. Of equal importance is the translation of existing research results into daily clinical practice...
- Fatigue in cancer: a review of literatureVijayakumar Narayanan
Department of Oncology, St Gregorios Medical Mission Hospital, Parumala, Pathanamthitta, India
Indian J Palliat Care 15:19-25. 2009..Combined modality tailored to individual patient need and understanding may be the right way to battle this ill-understood symptom. This review article examines the etiopathogenesis and management strategies of fatigue in cancer...
- Acute adrenal insufficiency may affect outcome in the trauma patientOscar D Guillamondegui
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37212, USA
Am Surg 75:287-90. 2009..patients receiving a cosyntropin stimulation test (250 microg) and/or random cortisol level based on our practice management guideline and an intensive care unit stay longer than 24 hours...
- Management of chronic leg ulcers by nurses working in the community in Sweden and the UKK Hjelm
Department of Health Science and Social Work, University of Vaxjo, Sweden
J Wound Care 12:93-8. 2003..This study compared the management of chronic leg ulcers by nurses in community, primary health care and nursing home settings in Kronoberg, Sweden, and East Riding, UK...
- The burden of terrorism: high rate of recurrent hospital referralsMalka Avitzour
Epidemiology and Trauma, Braun School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Injury 39:77-82. 2008..Clinical modification, 5th ed. (ICD-9-CM). Los Angeles, CA: Practice Management Information Corporation; 1998] have not as yet been examined in the literature...
- Continuity of care and colorectal cancer screening by Vietnamese American patientsShin Ping Tu
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 11:1125-31. 2010Colorectal cancer (CRC) screening rates among Asian Americans are 30-50% lower than among Whites. Using practice management and electronic medical records data from a community health center, we examined the association of CRC screening ..
- Management of febrile children in the age of the conjugate pneumococcal vaccine: a cost-effectiveness analysisG M Lee
Division of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, 02115, USA
Pediatrics 108:835-44. 2001The optimal practice management of highly febrile 3- to 36-month-old children without a focal source has been controversial...
- Multisite survey of pediatric residents' continuity experiences: their perceptions of the clinical and educational opportunitiesJ R Serwint
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21297, USA
Pediatrics 107:E78. 2001....
- Using the American Heart Association's National Registry of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for performance improvementElizabeth A Hunt
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 35:13-20. 2009..The primary purpose of NRCPR is to support local facility efforts in practice management and performance improvement (PI).
- Perceptions of recent ophthalmology residency graduates regarding preparation for practicePeter J McDonnell
Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 9278, USA
Ophthalmology 114:387-91. 2007..To evaluate young ophthalmologists' perceptions of how well residency training prepared them for various aspects of their clinical practice...
- Primary care practice management in rural and urban Veterans Health Administration settingsWilliam B Weeks
Veterans Administration Medical Center, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
J Rural Health 18:298-303. 2002..and administrative data from 1999 from the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) to compare primary care practice management and performance in 19 rural to 103 urban VHA hospitals nationally...
- Practice management in pediatric dentistryE S Nacht
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, USA
Dent Clin North Am 44:697-711. 2000Good practice management in the pediatric dental office is not piecemeal, sporadic, or a series of random, uncoordinated activities...
- College Outcomes Management System (COMS) Phase 2Grant R Grissom; Fiscal Year: 2012..predictive algorithms for treatment response and college dropout;(6) Integrate COMS into an electronic practice management system;and (7) Provide dynamic referral, self-help and lists of tailored resources...
- Patient Oriented Research in Gastrointestinal Cancer ScreeningPhilip S Schoenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2013..in GI Epidemiology, our NIH-funded Michigan Clinical Research Unit, VA-funded Center of Excellence for Practice Management and Outcomes Research, and our School of Public Health's specialized Master's Programs in ..
- Capacity building in chronic non-communicable diseases at the American UniversityGHADA ELHAJJ FULEIHAN; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Developing a Research Agenda for an Adolescent-Centered Model of Primary CareHARRIETTE FOX; Fiscal Year: 2011..focus of the conference will be on identifying what needs to be known -- in terms of both clinical care and practice management -- in order to build an efficient and effective primary care model for adolescents...
- Global Health Knowledge Collective: A Collaborative Toolkit for Global HealthLucila Ohno Machado; Fiscal Year: 2010..from a distributed network of providers, experts, and developers of health content, information systems and practice management tools...
- Medical Training in Diversity: Disparity Across CulturesKim S Griswold; Fiscal Year: 2010..content for teaching rationale and practical application of workforce diversity strategies as part of practice management modules in faculty, resident, and CME training...
- Implementing Research Findings and Evidence-Based Interventions into Real-World DHeiko Spallek; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our program of research will contribute to the development of next-generation practice management systems...
- IT Systems for Rural Indian Clinic Health CareLINDA ARANAYDO; Fiscal Year: 2006..Healthcare (ITS-RICH) three separate endeavors in health services research, clinic redesign and electronic practice management will become integrated into a single coordinated effort to reduce hospitalizations that are preventable ..
- A Practice-Based Research Network of Community Health C*Neil Maizlish; Fiscal Year: 2002..CHCs maintain their own automated practice management systems, but report to CHCN in standardized EDI formats...
- DETERMINING/UNDERSTANDING BARRIERS TO ADULT IMMUNIZATIONRichard Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2001..This project will furnish relevant, up-to-date to enhance policy planning, practice management and medical education.
- Southern Illinois Practice Management Network (Group)BRENDA SPOTANSKI; Fiscal Year: 2002Southern Illinois Practice Management Network (SIPMN) is a group of five Community Health Centers providing care to over 90,000 patients in 25 rural counties in southern Illinois...
- SMOKING INTERVENTIONS FOR LOW INCOME PREGNANT WOMENJudith Ockene; Fiscal Year: 1999..SI sites will receive training in the patient-Centered intervention, and establish an office practice management system to support intervention, which includes a system for linking the three channels of intervention ..
- INCENTIVES AND MANAGEMENT AFFECTING PSYCHIATRIC PRACTICEMark Schlesinger; Fiscal Year: 1991..b) the behavior of hospitals and insurance plans that are becoming increasingly active in shaping that care, and (c) the potential for influencing the spread and consequences of practice management through government intervention.
- GBVHC Health Internet Access and Security InitiativeEMANUEL MOLINA; Fiscal Year: 2001Great Brook Valley Health Center has a state-of-the-art MIS infrastructure consisting of a Practice Management System, Electronic Medical Record, Lab Information System, Pharmacy System, Dental Record System, E-Mail Server, Network ..
- Automated Application for Asthma ManagementDIANA KANIECKI; Fiscal Year: 2005..in ProHealth Physicians (PHP) facilities throughout Connecticut to test the feasibility of having practice management facilitated through the use of automated asthma clinical practice guidelines based on the Global Initiative ..
- Development of Distributed Electronic Clinical TrialsNIGEL JOHN; Fiscal Year: 2002..This expense combined with the fact that many clinical sites are running various operating systems and practice management software prove to be major drawbacks to current clinical trial software...
- IMPROVING THE CARE OF ACUTE ASTHMA IN CHILDRENJAMES SEIDEL; Fiscal Year: 1999..In 1991 NIH developed practice management guidelines. It was hoped that the wide dissemination of this information might improve the care of asthma...
- Health System Factors and Patient Outcomes in Breast CancerSteven Katz; Fiscal Year: 2009..assess availability of clinical information, provider team design, patient decision and care support, and practice management support...
- PPRG--RETOOLING FOR THE 21ST CENTURYKATHERINE KAUFER CHRISTOFFEL; Fiscal Year: 2000..We will: inventory practice management software and report-writing capabilities; develop options for collecting and aggregating data; develop ..
- Internet Connection for Health Centers of No. NMLORE PEASE; Fiscal Year: 2001..all sites; b) access to the Internet in every clinic, especially for medical providers; c) access to practice management applications such as DEMS - a diabetes care quality improvement tool, and PhDx - a screening and diagnostic ..
- A Controlled Terminology for Diagnoses and Findings in General DentistryTitus Schleyer; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Conference:Dental Informatics and Dental ResearchTitus Schleyer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Fractures, Heart Disease, and Stroke on Aromatase InhibitorsNancy L Keating; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Local Therapy of Breast Cancer in Community PopulationsNancy Keating; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, the work will provide insight into different techniques for the analysis of observational data. ..
- Managed Care Penetration and Cancer CareNancy Keating; Fiscal Year: 2003..If managed care penetration is negatively associated with the delivery of care, interventions targeted toward policy-makers, providers, and patients will be needed to counteract the effects of market forces. ..
- Osteoporosis in Women with Rheumatoid ArthritisDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2006..This epidemiologic data will inform future trials of osteoporosis treatments among patients with RA. As well, the study cohort will comprise one of the largest RA registries with an explicit plan to examine osteoporosis. ..
- Sharp Instrument Injuries and Use of Clinical ServicesGerardo Maupome; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will provide important information to establish the current impact of SII/BBFE incidents in HCWs, in terms of their utilization of clinical services and associated costs. ..
- Why is Cardiac Risk Increased in Rheumatiod ArthritisDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2002..ability to control for known cardiovascular risk factors, the extensive medication information allowing for us to explore key hypotheses regarding corticosteroid exposure, and the attempt to simultaneously control for disease severity ..
- The Role of Chemokines in Metastatic Prostate CancerRussell Taichman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Bone and the Hematopoietic SystemRussell Taichman; Fiscal Year: 2004..These investigations will ultimately lead to new strategies for the treatment of hematopoietic and osseous disorders. ..
- Pain Medication Use & Risk Factors for Opioid DependenceDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our goal is to use the results of the proposed research to inform a future intervention to improve opioid prescribing within this large pharmacy benefits program. ..
- Colorectal Cancer Screening in Chinese AmericansShin Ping Tu; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- IMPROVING HEALTH BEHAVIOR AND OUTCOMES AFTER ANGIOPLASTYMary Charlson; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Approaches to Ileal Pouch DysfunctionBo Shen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The AIMS of study are to 1) investigate visceral hypersensitivity using barostat examination of the pouch; 2) conduct a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial evaluating the use of amitriptyline in IPS. ..
- Randomized Controlled Testing of Osteoporosis EducationDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2006..A multi-disciplinary Training Advisory Board will review the applicants progress regularly to ensure that the proposed training goals are met. ..
- MD Group Characteristics and Quality of Care for CHDBruce Landon; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Financial Incentives and Variations in the Care of Medicare BeneficiariesBruce E Landon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because patients will be clustered within physicians and physicians clustered within markets, we will use hierarchical analytic methods. ..