Summary: Process of applying for employment. It includes written application for employment or personal appearance.
Publications205 found, 100 shown here
- Securing a faculty position: a practical guide for residents, fellows, junior faculty, and their mentorsClaibourne I Dungy
Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Ambul Pediatr 5:235-9. 2005..Each step of the process is discussed. Guidelines are provided to assist applicants and their mentors to successfully manage these important steps...
- Radiology resident applicants: are we interviewing fewer as the pool is getting larger?Douglas J Quint
Neuroradiology MRI, Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0030, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 2:461-3. 2005
- A new selection system to recruit general practice registrars: preliminary findings from a validation studyFiona Patterson
Department of Psychology, City University, London EC1V 0HB
BMJ 330:711-4. 2005..To design and validate a new competency based selection system to recruit general practice registrars, comprising a competency based application form, referees' reports, and an assessment centre...
- Nursing that works: mastering the job interviewDiane E Scott
Prairie Rose 76:14-5. 2007
- Welcome to the real worldJennifer Yates
New Hanover Regional Medical Center Residency in Family Medicine, 2523 Delaney Avenue, Wilmington, NC 28403, USA
Fam Med 37:625-6. 2005
- Compliance with national resident matching program policy: understanding the terms and conditions of the match participation agreementLaurie S Curtin
National Resident Matching Program, 2450 N Street, NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 5:561-6. 2008..The purpose of this article is to deconstruct key tenets codified in the Agreement to promote a better understanding of and greater compliance with NRMP policy...
- The impact of the interview in pediatric residency selectionWendy Sue Swanson
Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ambul Pediatr 5:216-20. 2005..To better understand the impact of USMLE scores and interview scores on the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) rank of applicants to the residency program at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia...
- Improving first-destination recruitment: nursing students' perceptions of three initiatives in London, EnglandGavin J Andrews
Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Nurs Manag 13:345-55. 2005..In the face of recruitment problems, managers are becoming increasingly proactive by introducing novel initiatives designed to encourage newly qualified nurses to apply to their institutions and catchment areas for employment...
- Short-listing for orthopaedic specialist registrar posts--what is important?Dominic M Nielsen
Department of Orthopaedics, Princess Royal Hospital, Haywards Heath, Surrey, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 87:185-7. 2005..Competition for specialist registrar (SpR) posts in orthopaedics is high. The aim of the current study was to provide evidence-based advice for applicants applying for SpR posts in orthopaedics...
- Employment references-giving and receivingFreda M Zackin
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Health Related Professions, Newark, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 108:1053-5. 2008
- Managing your career as a nurse educator: considering an academic appointmentDiane M Billings
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianopolis, Indiana, USA
J Contin Educ Nurs 39:392-3. 2008..This column discusses academic appointments, requirements for appointments, and the appointment process...
- [Study of structured selection interviews at a Japanese corporation]Tomoko Takeda
School of Human Developmental Science, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Ochanomizu University, Otsuka, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 112 8610
Shinrigaku Kenkyu 75:339-46. 2004....
- National job profilesSusan Pirie
Br J Perioper Nurs 14:308-10. 2004..This article will explore how the job profiles are developed, give an overview of the job matching process, and inform you of how this will impact on you and your salary...
- The resident application process and its correlation to future performance as a residentDavid G Metro
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, UPMC Montefiore, Suite 463, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Anesth Analg 100:502-5. 2005..We concluded that our residency selection process score does not accurately predict which applicants will excel in our program...
- Getting hired as a CEO after 50. Making age an asset. Years of experience, combined with enthusiasm, can be a winning combinationMelanie Evans
Mod Healthc 34:S12-3. 2004
- Special considerations for hiring an associateLaura Sachs Hills
J Med Pract Manage 20:77-81. 2004..Finally, the article offers 12 suggestions for getting your new associate up to speed right away in your practice...
- Dear dermatology applicantJeffrey Miller
Arch Dermatol 140:884. 2004
- General surgery residency program websites: usefulness and usability for resident applicantsEugene F Reilly
Department of Surgery, Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, Pennsylvania, USA
Curr Surg 61:236-40. 2004..To assess the content of general surgery residency program websites, the websites' potential as tools in resident recruitment, and their "usability."..
- Conducting the employee selection interview: how to do it effectively while avoiding legal obstaclesCharles R McConnell
Human Resources and Health Care Management Consultant, Ontario, New York 14519, USA
JONAS Healthc Law Ethics Regul 10:48-56. 2008....
- Magnet hospital research pilot project conducted in hospitals in Western AustraliaMarita Naude
Graduate School of Business, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Western Australia
Contemp Nurse 20:38-55. 2005..Motivational findings indicate specific organizational factors (such as staff development programs) and significant personal circumstances...
- Evaluating an interview preparation process for student nursesPenny Tremayne
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, School of Nursing and Midwifery, De Montfort University, Leicester
Br J Nurs 16:552-5. 2007..Recommendations for educators include addressing the recruitment process earlier within the curriculum and adopting some of the practises of a business school...
- Paths to nursing leadershipTerese Bondas
University College of Boras, School of Health Sciences, Boras, Sweden
J Nurs Manag 14:332-9. 2006..The aim was to explore why nurses enter nursing leadership and apply for a management position in health care. The study is part of a research programme in nursing leadership and evidence-based care...
- Hiring the very best deans: a new "best practice" in the making?Jana L Pressler
College of Nursing, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK 73117, USA
Nurse Educ 32:141-3. 2007..The authors welcome counterpoint discussions with readers...
- Staying current in the job search arenaKaren Stein
Chicago, IL, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 107:1290-2. 2007
- Conducting the employee selection interview: how to do it effectively while avoiding legal obstaclesCharles R McConnell
Health Care Manag (Frederick) 26:164-74. 2007....
- Development of an evidence-based application and rubric for evaluating applicants' qualifications for promotion to professorGlenda C Wiese
David D Palmer Health Sciences Library, Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport Campus, Davenport, Iowa 52803, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 30:527-35. 2007....
- Successful recruiting of radiologistsJay Harolds
Integris Baptist Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73112, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 4:240-7. 2007..The related topics of the state of the radiology job market and ways to reduce staff turnover are also addressed briefly...
- The radiology class of 2005: the fellowship application process and perceptions of the NRMP fellowship matchSanjay K Shetty
Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Radiology, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 2:939-51. 2005..To assess experiences and perceptions of the fellowship application process of the radiology residency class of 2005, including the 2005 National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) Radiology Fellowship Match...
- Effects of the 2003 match on the radiology fellowship application processMichel Bochner
Department of Radiology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 1:422-6. 2004..To explore the effects of the newly instituted 2003 radiology fellowship match on the fellowship application process...
- Modernizing the job application process in the NHSGaurav Manikpure
Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 67:671. 2006
- Factors influencing the choice of the first ward: comparison between newly qualified nurses and managersAlvisa Palese
School of Nursing, Udine University, Viale Ungheria 18, 33100 Udine, Italy
J Nurs Manag 15:59-63. 2007....
- Travel job focusIsabel Stanshine
Am J Nurs 107:74. 2007
- Nursing leadership succession planning in Veterans Health Administration: creating a useful databaseLizabeth M Weiss
Department of Nursing Service, Veterans Affairs Western New York Healthcare System, Buffalo, NY 1425, USA
Nurs Adm Q 31:33-5. 2007..It also provides a way for interested candidates to be considered for positions outside of their local geographic area...
- Transition of a bedside clinician to a nurse educatorAlicia L Culleiton
Complex Health Nursing, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Shadyside School of Nursing, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Medsurg Nurs 16:253-7. 2007..However, nurses need to understand the role, responsibilities, and the work requirements of a nursing faculty member. Steps for planning and assuming a career as a nursing faculty are provided...
- Enhancing marketing recruitment strategies: administrator tenure and nursing expendituresNorris White Gunby
Department of Business Administration, Love School of Business, Elon University, 100 Campus Drive, CB 2075, Elon, NC 27244, USA
Health Mark Q 23:31-43. 2005..Based upon the study's findings, managers are offered marketing strategy recommendations for tailoring recruiting messages that appeal to high-involvement job seekers...
- Making better hiring decisionsKaren Zupko
KarenZupko and Associates, Inc, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 36:498-9. 2007
- Registered postChristian Duffin
Nurs Stand 21:18-20. 2006..The professional work of nurses and doctors is subject to a rigorous statutory regime of scrutiny. A pilot scheme in Scotland will shortly test out a new register for healthcare support workers...
- Motherhood: a potential source of bias in employment decisionsMadeline E Heilman
Department of Psychology, New York University, New York, NY 10003, USA madeline heilman nyu edu
J Appl Psychol 93:189-98. 2008....
- Managing job transitions: thirteen questions for a successful searchMike Broscio
J Healthc Manag 48:287-91. 2003
- Recruiting nurses: the problem is the processBeatrice J Kalisch
Nursing Business and Systems, School of Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109 0482, USA
J Nurs Adm 33:468-77. 2003..The author reports the results of an extensive study of recruitment processes and systems in acute care hospitals throughout the United States and the major recruitment factors that lead to job choice decisions by staff nurses...
- Candidate wanted: how to find the right match for your departmentKenneth E Maddock
Clinical Technology Services, Baylor Health Care Systems, Dallas, TX, USA
Biomed Instrum Technol 37:91-5. 2003
- Creating job descriptions and a job applicant wish listLaura Sachs Hills
J Med Pract Manage 18:275-7. 2003..In addition, this article offers an important disclaimer for job descriptions that will protect you legally and that every employee in your practice should sign...
- Interviewing job applicants for a staff openingLaura Sachs Hills
J Med Pract Manage 18:124-8. 2002..Sample interview questions, legal considerations, and interview follow-up tips are offered, as well as practical advice about involving members of your staff in the interview process...
- Employee screening: issues for the healthcare industryStefan Keller
J Healthc Prot Manage 19:65-72. 2003..Approaches and opportunities for healthcare management to meet increasing demands for better pre-employment background checking are presented in this analysis of the various factors involved...
- On the hunt? Find out what employers wantJane Cys
Mater Manag Health Care 11:32-3. 2002
- Gathering useful opinions about the job applicantLaura Sachs
J Med Pract Manage 17:254-7. 2002..This article also offers simple and easy-to-implement techniques for using reference checking to build goodwill and referrals for your practice...
- Correlations among applicants' communication apprehension, argumentativeness, and verbal aggressiveness in selection interviewsDonna Simmons
Department of Communication Studies, California State University, San Bernardino, 92407 2397, USA
Psychol Rep 92:804-8. 2003....
- Effect of computer-based instruction on students' self-perception and functional task performanceHsin Yu Chiang
Department of Occupational Therapy, College of Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taipei, Taiwan
Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol 4:106-18. 2009..This study was designed to investigate the effects of computer-based instruction (CBI) on the academic self-perception and functional ability of high school students with learning difficulties...
- [Stigma as perceived by schizophrenics and depressives]Anita Holzinger
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Psychiatrie, Universitat Leipzig
Psychiatr Prax 30:395-401. 2003..The goal of this study is to investigate the stigma of mental illness from the perspective of the persons directly affected by it...
- Quality of life in short adultsJ J Busschbach
Institute for Medical Technology Assessment, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Horm Res 49:32-8. 1998..The chance of having a partner was low for all groups, except for the normal shorts. Problems with job application were only reported in Turner syndrome...
- Positive impression management and its influence on the Revised NEO Personality Inventory: a comparison of analog and differential prevalence group designsR Michael Bagby
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychol Assess 15:333-9. 2003Participants (n = 22) completed the Revised NEO Personality Inventory (NEO PI-R) as part of an authentic job application. Protocols produced by this group were compared with "analog" participants (n = 23) who completed the NEO PI-R under ..
- Employing Kirkpatrick's evaluation framework to determine the effectiveness of health information management courses and programsDonald Nick Rouse
Durham Technical Community College, Durham, NC, USA
Perspect Health Inf Manag 8:1c. 2011..these levels and focuses on the conditions necessary for transfer of learned knowledge and skills into on-the-job application. The article provides concrete tips that HIM instructors can apply in the process of evaluating the ..
- NHS job applications: a guide for nursing studentsJoan Potterton
Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading
Nurs Stand 25:42-7; quiz 48. 2011..This article discusses how an NHS job application should be completed...
- Personality measurement, faking, and employment selectionJoyce Hogan
Hogan Assessment Systems, Tulsa, OK 74114, USA
J Appl Psychol 92:1270-85. 2007Real job applicants completed a 5-factor model personality measure as part of the job application process. They were rejected; 6 months later they (n = 5,266) reapplied for the same job and completed the same personality measure...
- Impact factor and study design: the Academic Value of Published Research (AVaRes) scoreDennis M Wolf
Department of Otolaryngology, St Georges Hospital, London, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 91:71-3. 2009..To compare the citation indices of original articles and case reports in otolaryngology journals and thereby determine whether case reports are of less interest and possibly of academically inferior value to original articles...
- Managing personal communication: a guide for the foundation year doctorRachel Hooke
Airedale NHS Trust, Steeton, Keighley, West Yorkshire BD20 6TD
Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 70:M178-9. 2009..crèche about your child, with the hospital accommodation office about your living quarters, to do with a job application (internal or external). Communication can be by telephone, e-mail or paper...
- Compensatory strategies for reducing interpersonal discrimination: the effectiveness of acknowledgments, increased positivity, and individuating informationSarah L Singletary
Rice University, Department of Psychology, Houston, TX 77005, USA
J Appl Psychol 94:797-805. 2009..Results reveal that compensatory strategies are successful in reducing interpersonal discrimination in job application contexts and that such strategies uniquely benefit stigmatized individuals.
- An individual approachRicki Lewis
Nat Biotechnol 23:1317-8. 2005
- Professional nursing portfolios: a global perspectiveLisa Meister
Primary Care Services, VA Medical Center, Augusta, GA, USA
Medsurg Nurs 11:177-82. 2002..Currently, regulatory bodies worldwide are considering requirements for portfolio development. This global perspective provides information on how to endure a professional portfolio...
- Challenges and opportunities in the application process for fellowship training in pathology: an independent survey of residents and fellows demonstrates limited interest in an NRMP-style matching programKurt D Bernacki
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 137:543-52. 2012..Pressure to choose and apply early for fellowship persists and is greatest for anatomic pathology-only and clinical pathology-only residents...
- Aggregate Interview Method of ranking orthopedic applicants predicts future performanceJacqueline Geissler
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Orthopedics 36:e966-70. 2013....
- Black applicants' reactions to affirmative action plans: effects of plan content and previous experience with discriminationJerel E Slaughter
Department of Psychology, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge 70803, USA
J Appl Psychol 87:333-44. 2002..Individuals who had experienced relatively more discrimination in the workplace reported stronger intentions to pursue a position at an organization whose plan specified special training opportunities for minorities...
- Nuts and bolts. Reference pointsDeb Koen
Nature 428:104. 2004
- NPs to the rescueSue Greenfield
School of Nursing, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY, USA
Adv Nurse Pract 14:90. 2006
- The Young Gerontological Nurse Clinician Program: an innovative geropsychiatric nursing recruitment strategyJanet P Specht
The University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 26:81-90. 2005....
- Re: Blanket disqualifications in public safety medical standardsR Leonard Goldberg
J Occup Environ Med 50:110-1. 2008
- Achieving your potential!Susan Pirie
Br J Perioper Nurs 15:158-62. 2005..This article aims to assist you in getting the job you want by providing information on the job application and interview processes.
- Transformational experience of a student nurse with diabetes: a case studyHye Jung Choi
Taehan Kanho Hakhoe Chi 37:192-200. 2007..The current study was aimed to investigate the transformational experience of a female student nurse living with type 1 diabetes...
- Fired? Here's an exit strategyM M Kennedy
Career Strategies, Inc, Wilmette, Illinois, USA
Physician Exec 26:34-7. 2000....
- Identifying experiential expertise to support people with diabetes mellitus in applying for and participating effectively in paid work: a qualitative studyMarika H F Burda
Department of General Practice, CAPHRI School for Public Health and Primary Care Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Occup Environ Med 54:92-100. 2012..Identifying and describing successful diabetes-related (SDR) behaviors from reports by experiential experts to support people with diabetes in applying for and participating effectively in paid work...
- Working in another country. Overseas employment offers unique challenges and opportunities for healthcare executivesKyle L Green
Norton Healthcare, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Healthc Exec 20:40, 42. 2005
- Job matching in pharmacy labor markets: a study in four statesR R Cline
Division of Social and Administrative Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53706, USA
Pharm Res 17:1537-45. 2000....
- Verifying a job applicant's factual credentialsLaura Sachs
Laura Sachs Consultations, 13518 Moss Glen Road, Clifton, VA 20124, USA
J Med Pract Manage 17:196-9. 2002..In this article, the author identifies the most common job application lies and pinpoints the three most common resume/application red flags...
- Get prepared for your next roleMartin S Manno
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Nurs Manage 39:50-3. 2008
- Finding the right faculty. The important job of the search committeeJ Berg
University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Nurse Educ 23:38-41. 1998..The authors discuss how the search committee can effectively conduct a search, review applications, interview, hire, and orient qualified faculty replacements...
- Should you take that job?Barbara Weiss
RN 68:65-7. 2005
- So you want to be a midwife? Part 5: Preparing for the interviewElizabeth Robson
De Montfort University, Leicester
Pract Midwife 10:49. 2007
- Misrepresentation of publications among radiation oncology residency applicantsGary Y Yang
Department of Radiation Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 3:259-64. 2006..Authorship misrepresentations have been described for residency and fellowship applications for various medical specialties. This study assessed the prevalence of misrepresented publications in radiation oncology residency applications...
- Agency nurse who used the same speculum to carry out smear testsGeorge Castledine
University of Central England, Birmingham, UK
Br J Nurs 14:226. 2005
- Self-reported information needs of anesthesia residency applicants and analysis of applicant-related web sites resources at 131 United States training programsLarry F Chu
Department of Anesthesia, Anesthesia Informatics and Media Lab, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Dr, Room H3580, MC5640, Stanford, CA 94305 2296, USA
Anesth Analg 112:430-9. 2011..Evidence is needed to guide anesthesia informatics research in developing high-quality anesthesia residency program Web sites (ARPWs)...
- Goal orientation, self-regulation strategies, and job-seeking intensity in unemployed adultsPeter A Creed
School of Psychology, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia
J Appl Psychol 94:806-13. 2009..Job-seeking intensity did not mediate the relationship among human capital, goal orientation, and self-regulation variables and reemployment outcomes...
- Predictive factors in identifying subspecialty fellowship applicants who will have academic practicesNavanjun S Grewal
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 122:1264-71; discussion 1272-3. 2008..The authors looked for predictive factors to help with more accurate selection of applicants...
- Two executives, one careerCynthia R Cunningham
Harv Bus Rev 83:125-31, 150. 2005..Cunningham and Murray describe in vivid detail how they structured their unusual arrangement, how they sold themselves to management, and the hurdles they faced along the way. Theirs is a win-win story, for the company and for them...
- Perceptions of migrant doctors joining the New Zealand medical workforceSteven Lillis
Waikato Clinical School, Bryant Education Centre, Hamilton, New Zealand
N Z Med J 119:U1844. 2006..Sociocultural educational theory provides a useful framework for understanding the difficulties faced by OTDs integrating into a New Zealand medical workforce...
- Mentoring medical students in academic emergency medicineGus M Garmel
Stanford Kaiser Emergency Medicine Residency Program, Stanford University School of Medicine, Kaiser Permanente Medical Group, Santa Clara, CA, USA
Acad Emerg Med 11:1351-7. 2004..This difference will be discussed. Finally, this article will describe the responsibilities of career guidance and recommendation letter authorship that mentors assume for medical students...
- Your first year as a nurseTeresa John
Hospital of University of Pennsylvania, USA
Imprint 53:18-20. 2006
- You, too, can go to camp this summerCecilia Bidigare
Enterstomal Therapy Department, Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton, OH, USA
RN 69:40-3. 2006
- Poor management can look like discriminationMichael Nowicki
Texas State University San Marcos, USA
Healthc Financ Manage 60:118-9. 2006
- Dialing for jobs: how to make the most of a phone interviewAndrea Hall
Biomed Instrum Technol 39:377-8. 2005
- The presence of "ghost" citations in an applicant pool of an integrated plastic surgery residency programJeffrey D Larson
University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, WI, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 126:1390-4. 2010....
- Educational factors outweigh the importance of lifestyle factors for residency program applicants: an international comparative studyYuichi Ishida
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
J Surg Educ 69:167-72. 2012..Comparative data between countries may provide insights and ultimately provide guidance to program directors as they seek to attract the best applicants to their program...
- Climbing the coding career progression ladderRita A Scichilone
J AHIMA 73:32-6. 2002
- Assessing the impact of dispositional resistance to change on organizational attractionLuis M Arciniega
ITAM Business School, Río Hondo 1, San Angel, México 01080 D F, Mexico
Span J Psychol 14:798-807. 2011....
- Standing out in a higly competitive job marketCarol Westfall
Cejka Search, St Louis, MO, USA
Physician Exec 33:32-6. 2007
- The cost of white liesMartin J MacNeill
Utah State Developmental Center, USA
Fam Pract Manag 11:62-4. 2004
- Qualifying from the pre-registration nurse diploma course: the demand for career guidanceLouise Marsland
Department of Health and Human Sciences, University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, CO4 3SQ, UK
Nurse Educ Today 24:55-65. 2004..Similarities and differences between the guidance experiences of the two cohorts are discussed, and deficits experienced by the diploma course nurses identified...
- An ecological study of the relations between the recent high suicide rates and economic and demographic factors in JapanHirokuni Aihara
Department of Public Health, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka Sayama, Osaka, Japan
J Epidemiol 13:56-61. 2003..The female SMR of suicide was associated with the job application rate, and the proportion of elderly women in several years...
- Helping people with HIV/AIDS return to work: a randomized clinical trialDavid J Martin
Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Rehabil Psychol 57:280-9. 2012..We report the results of a randomized clinical trial of an intervention designed to help people with HIV/AIDS reenter the workforce...
- Cardiothoracic surgery resident education: update on resident recruitment and job placementJorge D Salazar
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1160-5. 2006..The application cycle for 2004 marked the first time the number of applicants was lower than the positions offered. This survey reflects on this trend in applications and the perspectives of current and graduating residents...
- Resume fraud: unverifiable publications of urology training program applicantsIsrael P Nosnik
Sol and Margaret Berger Department of Urology, Beth Israel Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York 10003, USA
J Urol 183:1520-3. 2010..We examined the incidence of resume fraud among urology residency applicants by determining the rate of misrepresented publications listed in applications to a urology residency program...
- Evaluation of Return to Practice: the views of nurse returnees from three NHS Hospital TrustsK Louise Barriball
Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, King s College London, London, UK
J Nurs Manag 15:433-41. 2007..Exploration of the views and experiences of returnees on a Return to Practice programme based in three NHS Hospital Trusts...
- Targeting BAX Oligomerization in Hematologic DiseaseEvripidis Gavathiotis; Fiscal Year: 2010..to preparing for the transition to independence through training in grantsmanship, laboratory management, the job application process, and other junior faculty survival skills...
- Chemokines and their receptors in the pathogenesis of tuberculosisGillian L Beamer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Upon PhD completion and K08 award, she will be immediately eligible for job application and a highly valued candidate for staff scientist positions...
- Targeting BAX Oligomerization in Hematologic DiseaseEvripidis Gavathiotis; Fiscal Year: 2013..to preparing for the transition to independence through training in grantsmanship, laboratory management, the job application process, and other junior faculty survival skills...
- Innovative Biomedical Graduate Training For Workforce ReadinessInge Wefes; Fiscal Year: 2013..EMPLOYMENT after additional training in a biomedical employability workshop, including the evaluation of a job application package and a mock interview by members of the Bioscience Advisory Board with the assistance of a ..
- Working with HIV/AIDS: A Mixed Modality InterventionDavid Martin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Participants will be followed for a total of 24 months to monitor their progress toward employment, job satisfaction, emotional quality of life, physical health and overall quality of life. ..
- Improving Continence & Pain Control in LTC: The M-TRAIN InterventionJANET K P SPECHT; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will evaluate outcomes for nursing homes, elderly residents, and new ways to assist RNs and CNAs use the most current knowledge to care for elders with pain and urinary incontinence. ..
- Opiate-Induced Tolerance & Hyperalgesia in Pain PatientsLawrence Chu; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Women's Health & Aging:Research and Leadership TrainingMARY CARNES; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Training & Education:Advanced Multidisciplinary Clinical Research (TEAM) (RMI)MARY CARNES; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, this is the right time and UW-Madison is the right place for this far-reaching, innovative training grant. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- UW-Madison CTSA Planning GrantMARY CARNES; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- WOMEN'S HEALTH AND AGING: CLINICAL SCIENTIST DEVELOPMENTMARY CARNES; Fiscal Year: 2006..Because women's health research draws predominantly women investigators, this program also addresses the NIH workforce priority of developing women leaders in biomedical and behavioral research. ..
- Training/Education: Advance in Clinical Research (RMI)MARY CARNES; Fiscal Year: 2004..Extramural federal research funding for the primary mentors exceeds $80 million annually in direct costs. Thus, this is the right time and UW-Madison is the right place for this far-reaching, innovative training grant. ..
- Virtual Reality Environments for Stuttering treatmentSHELLEY BRUNDAGE; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ANDROGEN EXCESS DISORDERRicardo Azziz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The institution has committed to releasing the Candidate from other duties in order for him to dedicate at least 50% of his time to the research and mentoring activities. ..
- Molecular Defects of Insulin Signaling in PCOSRicardo Azziz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Long term, these studies have the potential of eventually elucidating the etiologic mechanism(s) in some, or most, patients; helping to develop targeted therapies; and guiding the search for molecular markers for PCOS. ..
- AGONIST-AND OXIDANT-STIMULATED SIGNALING MECHANISMSROY ZIEGELSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed studies could lead to novel methods of regulating proinflammatory gene expression by specifically targeting upstream signaling mechanisms in the endothelium. ..