Genomes and Genes
Summary: The legal relation between an entity (individual, group, corporation, or-profit, secular, government) and an object. The object may be corporeal, such as equipment, or completely a creature of law, such as a patent; it may be movable, such as an animal, or immovable, such as a building.
Publications274 found, 100 shown here
- Number and ownership profiles of cats and dogs in the UKJ K Murray
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford House, Langford, Bristol BS40 5DU
Vet Rec 166:163-8. 2010..Cats were more likely to be owned by semi-urban/rural households and by female respondents. Dog ownership significantly decreased the likelihood of cat ownership, and respondents aged 65 years or more were less likely ..
- Mosquito nets in a rural area of Western Kenya: ownership, use and qualitySophia Githinji
Malaria Public Health and Epidemiology Group, Centre for Geographic Medicine, KEMRI Wellcome Trust Collaborative Programme, Kenyatta National Hospital Grounds P, O, Box 43640 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Malar J 9:250. 2010..Insecticide-treated nets (ITNs) are regarded as one of the most effective strategies to prevent malaria in Africa. This study analyses the use and quality of nets owned by households in an area of high net coverage...
- Heterogeneous mobile phone ownership and usage patterns in KenyaAmy Wesolowski
Department of Engineering and Public Policy, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e35319. 2012..across the continent, but very little is known about the social and geographical heterogeneities in mobile phone ownership among African populations...
- Ownership and usage of mosquito nets after four years of large-scale free distribution in Papua New GuineaManuel W Hetzel
Papua New Guinea Institute of Medical Research, PO Box 60, Goroka, EHP 441, Papua New Guinea
Malar J 11:192. 2012..With the aim of achieving 80% ownership and usage, a country-wide campaign distributed two million free long-lasting insecticide-treated nets (LLINs).
- Estimating wealth effects without expenditure data--or tears: an application to educational enrollments in states of IndiaD Filmer
Development Research Group, World Bank, 1818 H Street NW, Washington, DC 20433, USA
Demography 38:115-32. 2001..We proxy wealth by constructing a linear index from asset ownership indicators, using principal-components analysis to derive weights...
- Insecticide-treated net (ITN) ownership, usage, and malaria transmission in the highlands of western KenyaHarrysone E Atieli
Climate and Human Health Research Unit, Centre for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute, PO Box 1578 40100, Kisumu, Kenya
Parasit Vectors 4:113. 2011..This study examined ITN ownership and underlying factors for among-household variation in use, and malaria transmission in two highland regions of ..
- Spatial distribution of bednet coverage under routine distribution through the public health sector in a rural district in KenyaWendy Prudhomme O'Meara
Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25949. 2011..We use data from a population-based census to examine the extent of, and factors correlated with, ownership of bednets...
- A stitch in time: a cross-sectional survey looking at long lasting insecticide-treated bed net ownership, utilization and attrition in SNNPR, EthiopiaEsey Batisso
1Malaria Consortium, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Malar J 11:183. 2012..Evidence from the region suggests that large-scale net ownership rapidly increased over a relatively short period of time...
- Assessing bed net use and non-use after long-lasting insecticidal net distribution: a simple framework to guide programmatic strategiesJodi L Vanden Eng
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Center for Global Health, Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, 4770 Buford Hwy MS F 22, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Malar J 9:133. 2010..Their appropriate and consistent use is essential to preventing malaria, but ITN use often lags behind ITN ownership. In order to increase ITN use, it is necessary to devise strategies that accurately identify, differentiate, and ..
- Physical activity levels, ownership of goods promoting sedentary behaviour and risk of myocardial infarction: results of the INTERHEART studyClaes Held
Departments of Medical Sciences and Cardiology, Uppsala Clinical Research Center, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur Heart J 33:452-66. 2012To evaluate the association between occupational and leisure-time physical activity (PA), ownership of goods promoting sedentary behaviour, and the risk of myocardial infarction (MI) in different socio-economic populations of the world...
- Neural signatures of body ownership: a sensory network for bodily self-consciousnessManos Tsakiris
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, UK
Cereb Cortex 17:2235-44. 2007Body ownership refers to the special perceptual status of one's own body, which makes bodily sensations seem unique to oneself...
- Bed net ownership in Kenya: the impact of 3.4 million free bed netsAllen Hightower
Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Centers for Disease Control, Center for Global Health, Mailstop F22, 4770 Buford Highway, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Malar J 9:183. 2010..The feasibility of a distribution strategy aimed at a high-risk target group to meet bed net ownership and usage targets is evaluated.
- Design of a Community Ownership and Preparedness Index: using data to inform the capacity development of community-based groupsTom Thomas
Praxis Institute for Participatory Practices, New Delhi, India
J Epidemiol Community Health 66:ii26-33. 2012..However, it is challenging to define, measure and assess community participation and ownership of a programme, especially at scale.
- From part- to whole-body ownership in the multisensory brainValeria I Petkova
Brain, Body and Self Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Retzius vag 8, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Curr Biol 21:1118-22. 2011The question of how we experience ownership of an entire body distinct from the external world is a fundamental problem in psychology and neuroscience [1-6]...
- Determinants of health insurance ownership among South African womenJoses M Kirigia
World Health Organization, Regional Office for Africa, Brazzaville, Congo
BMC Health Serv Res 5:17. 2005..models show that individual- and household- level variables are important determinants of health insurance ownership. There is however a dearth of such studies in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Ownership and usage of insecticide-treated bed nets after free distribution via a voucher system in two provinces of MozambiqueAlexandre Macedo de Oliveira
Malaria Branch, Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Center for Global Health, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA
Malar J 9:222. 2010..A survey to evaluate ITN ownership and usage post-campaign was conducted.
- Bed net ownership, use and perceptions among women seeking antenatal care in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC): opportunities for improved maternal and child healthAudrey Pettifor
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
BMC Public Health 8:331. 2008To describe malaria knowledge, attitudes toward malaria and bed net use, levels of ownership and use of bed nets, and factors associated with ownership and use among pregnant women attending their first antenatal care (ANC) visit in ..
- Dog ownership, health and physical activity: a critical review of the literatureHayley Cutt
The RESIDE Project, School of Population Health, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA, Australia
Health Place 13:261-72. 2007This review examines the association between dog ownership and adult physical activity levels...
- Ownership and use of mobile phones among health workers, caregivers of sick children and adult patients in Kenya: cross-sectional national surveyDejan Zurovac
Malaria Public Health Cluster, KEMRI Wellcome Trust University of Oxford Collaborative Programme, Nairobi, Kenya
Global Health 9:20. 2013..To inform policy makers about the feasibility of facility-based SMS interventions, the coverage data on mobile phone ownership and SMS use among health workers and patients are needed.
- Geographical factors affecting bed net ownership, a tool for the elimination of Anopheles-transmitted lymphatic filariasis in hard-to-reach communitiesMichelle C Stanton
Centre for Neglected Tropical Diseases, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e53755. 2013..This study examined the geographical factors that influence bed net ownership in DRC in order to identify hard-to-reach communities that need to be better targeted...
- [Long-lasting insecticide - treated bednet ownership, retention and usage one year after their distribution in Loreto, Peru]Angel Rosas-Aguirre
Proyecto PAMAFRO, Organismo Andino de Salud Convenio Hipólito Unanue, Lima, Peru
Rev Peru Med Exp Salud Publica 28:228-36. 2011To assess long-lasting insecticide - treated bednet (LLITN) ownership, retention and usage one year after their distribution in Loreto, Peru.
- The benefits of human-companion animal interaction: a reviewSandra B Barker
The School of Medicine Center for Human Animal Interaction, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
J Vet Med Educ 35:487-95. 2008..Studies focusing on the benefits of pet ownership are presented first, followed by research on the benefits of interacting with companion animals that are not ..
- Disturbances in body ownership in schizophrenia: evidence from the rubber hand illusion and case study of a spontaneous out-of-body experienceKatharine N Thakkar
Department of Psychology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e27089. 2011A weakened sense of self may contribute to psychotic experiences. Body ownership, one component of self-awareness, can be studied with the rubber hand illusion (RHI)...
- I move, therefore I am: a new theoretical framework to investigate agency and ownershipMatthis Synofzik
Centre for Neurology, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University of Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Conscious Cogn 17:411-24. 2008..We provide a new systematic account of two of its main features, the sense of agency and the sense of ownership, demonstrating that although both features appear as phenomenally uniform, they each in fact are complex ..
- Indigenous health part 1: determinants and disease patternsMichael Gracey
Unity of First People of Australia, Perth, WA, Australia
Lancet 374:65-75. 2009..Indigenous people should be encouraged, trained, and enabled to become increasingly involved in overcoming these challenges...
- Psychologically induced cooling of a specific body part caused by the illusory ownership of an artificial counterpartG Lorimer Moseley
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, Oxford University, Oxford OX1 3QX, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13169-73. 2008The sense of body ownership represents a fundamental aspect of our self-awareness, but is disrupted in many neurological, psychiatric, and psychological conditions that are also characterized by disruption of skin temperature regulation, ..
- Insecticide-treated net ownership and usage in Niger after a nationwide integrated campaignJulie Thwing
Malaria Branch, Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Trop Med Int Health 13:827-34. 2008..We evaluated the campaign effectiveness, net retention, insecticide-treated net (ITN) ownership, and usage.
- Household ownership and use of insecticide treated nets among target groups after implementation of a national voucher programme in the United Republic of Tanzania: plausibility study using three annual cross sectional household surveysKara Hanson
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT
BMJ 339:b2434. 2009..To evaluate the impact of the Tanzania National Voucher Scheme on the coverage and equitable distribution of insecticide treated nets, used to prevent malaria, to pregnant women and their infants...
- Dialysis facility ownership and epoetin dosing in patients receiving hemodialysisMae Thamer
Medical Technology and Practice Patterns Institute, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
JAMA 297:1667-74. 2007..The type of facility (profit, chain, and affiliation status) at which a patient receives dialysis might affect epoetin dosing patterns and has implications for future epoetin policies...
- Factors associated with dog ownership and contact with dogs in a UK communityCarri Westgarth
Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, University of Liverpool, Leahurst, Neston, Cheshire, UK
BMC Vet Res 3:5. 2007..This census-based, epidemiological study aimed to investigate factors associated with dog ownership and contact with dogs, in a semi-rural community of 1278 households in Cheshire, UK.
- Body of research--ownership and use of human tissueR Alta Charo
School of Law and the School of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
N Engl J Med 355:1517-9. 2006
- Monitoring community mobilisation and organisational capacity among high-risk groups in a large-scale HIV prevention programme in India: selected findings using a Community Ownership and Preparedness IndexPradeep Narayanan
Research and Consultancies, Praxis Institute for Participatory Practices, C 75, South Extension, Part II, New Delhi 110049, India
J Epidemiol Community Health 66:ii34-41. 2012..In a participatory approach to health and development interventions, defining and measuring community mobilisation is important, but it is challenging to do this effectively, especially at scale...
- Linguistic analysis of project ownership for undergraduate research experiencesD I Hanauer
Department of English, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA 15705, USA
CBE Life Sci Educ 11:378-85. 2012We used computational linguistic and content analyses to explore the concept of project ownership for undergraduate research...
- Effect of the ownership of dialysis facilities on patients' survival and referral for transplantationP P Garg
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
N Engl J Med 341:1653-60. 1999..Therefore, we examined the effect of for-profit ownership of dialysis facilities on patients' survival and referral for possible transplantation.
- Factors associated with cat ownership in a community in the UKC Westgarth
Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, University of Liverpool, Leahurst, Neston, Cheshire CH64 7TE
Vet Rec 166:354-7. 2010A census-based epidemiological study was carried out to investigate factors associated with cat ownership in a semi-rural community of 1278 households in Cheshire, UK...
- Country ownership and capacity building: the next buzzwords in health systems strengthening or a truly new approach to development?Jessica Goldberg
Boston University Center for Global Health and Development, 801 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA 02118, USA
BMC Public Health 12:531. 2012..In 2009, the U.S. Global Health Initiative made country ownership and capacity building keystones of U.S...
- Incidence of canine rabies in N'Djaména, ChadU Kayali
Swiss Tropical Institute, Socinstrasse 57, P O Box, CH 4002 Basle, Switzerland
Prev Vet Med 61:227-33. 2003..Most rabid dogs would be accessible to parenteral vaccination. Pilot vaccination campaigns are needed to determine the success of dog mass vaccination in N'Djaména as a way to prevent animal and human rabies...
- Ownership and use of insecticide-treated nets during pregnancy in sub-Saharan Africa: a reviewMegha Singh
Nossal Institute for Global Health, University of Melbourne, Carlton, Vic, Australia
Malar J 12:268. 2013..This review summarizes recent evidence regarding the correlation between ownership and use of ITNs and the determinants of both, in pregnancy in sub-Saharan Africa, and reviews interventions ..
- Examining equity in access to long-lasting insecticide nets and artemisinin-based combination therapy in Anambra State, NigeriaChinyere O Mbachu
Health Policy Research Group, Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, and Department of Community Medicine, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Enugu State, Nigeria
BMC Public Health 12:315. 2012..This study was carried out to determine the level of coverage and access to LLINs and ACTs amongst different SES groups...
- Family pet ownership during childhood: findings from a UK birth cohort and implications for public health researchCarri Westgarth
School of Veterinary Science, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, University of Liverpool, Leahurst Campus, Neston, Cheshire, CH64 7TE, UK
Int J Environ Res Public Health 7:3704-29. 2010..of Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) have proposed that there are health benefits and risks associated with pet ownership. However, accurately demonstrating and understanding these relationships first requires a better knowledge of ..
- Hospital ownership and medical services: market mix, spillover effects, and nonprofit objectivesJill R Horwitz
University of Michigan and NBER, USA
J Health Econ 28:924-37. 2009Hospitals operate in markets with varied demographic, competitive, and ownership characteristics, yet research on ownership tends to examine hospitals in isolation...
- Initial ownership in bargaining: introducing the giving, splitting, and taking ultimatum bargaining gameMarijke C Leliveld
Leiden University, Institute for Psychological Research, Social and Organizational Psychology Unit, Leiden, Netherlands
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 34:1214-25. 2008In three experiments, the authors studied the role of initial ownership of property in bargaining behavior. For this purpose, they created three new variations of the Ultimatum Bargaining Game (UBG): giving, splitting, and taking UBGs...
- Analysis of solicitation of client concerns in companion animal practiceLaura M A Dysart
Department of Population Medicine, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
J Am Vet Med Assoc 238:1609-15. 2011..To examine veterinarian solicitation of client concerns in companion animal practice...
- Health savings accounts--the ownership society in health careJames C Robinson
Division of Health Policy and Management at the University of California, Berkeley, School of Public Health, USA
N Engl J Med 353:1199-202. 2005
- Changes in hospital quality after conversion in ownership statusMehdi Farsi
Department of Economics, University of Lugano, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zentrum, WEC, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Health Care Finance Econ 4:211-30. 2004..Both conversions are found to have some adverse consequences: Hospitals that converted to FP form show an increase in AMI mortality rates, while those converted to NFP status indicate an increase in CHF mortality outcomes...
- Estimated and predicted changes in the cat population of Australian households from 1979 to 2005F C Baldock
AusVet Animal Health Services, PO Box 3180, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101
Aust Vet J 81:289-92. 2003..To estimate and predict changes in the cat population of Australian households from 1979 to 2005...
- Changes in hospital performance after ownership conversionsYu Chu Shen
Health Policy Center, Urban Institute, Washington DC 20037, USA
Inquiry 40:217-34. 2003This paper examines the effects of ownership conversions on hospital performance between 1987 and 1998 in areas of financial performance, staffing, capacity, and unprofitable care...
- Feed-forward segmentation of figure-ground and assignment of border-ownershipHans Super
Department of Basic Psychology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e10705. 2010..means of surround inhibition our simple 3-layered model performs figure-ground segmentation and one-sided border-ownership coding...
- Exploring social contextual correlates of computer ownership and frequency of use among urban, low-income, public housing adult residentsLorna H McNeill
Department of Health Disparities Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1100 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 125, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Med Internet Res 9:e35. 2007..Larger social contextual factors, such as social networks and neighborhood factors, may influence computer ownership and the number of places where individuals have access to computers.
- Demography of domestic dogs in rural and urban areas of the Coquimbo region of Chile and implications for disease transmissionG Acosta-Jamett
The Roslin Institute and Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, The University of Edinburgh, Roslin, Midlothian, EH25 9PS, UK
Prev Vet Med 94:272-81. 2010..The results from 1021 households indicated that dog ownership was common, with a higher proportion of households owning dogs in rural areas (89%), than in towns (63%) or ..
- Study of the dog population and the rabies control activities in the Mirigama area of Sri LankaH C Matter
Swiss Federal Office of Public Health, Bern
Acta Trop 75:95-108. 2000....
- Data storage and DNA banking for biomedical research: informed consent, confidentiality, quality issues, ownership, return of benefits. A professional perspectiveBéatrice Godard
INSERM SC11, Hopital Broussais, Paris, France
Eur J Hum Genet 11:S88-122. 2003..that is to say the consent requirements for the banking and further uses of DNA samples, their control and ownership, and the return of benefit derived from DNA exploitation to the community...
- Household possession, use and non-use of treated or untreated mosquito nets in two ecologically diverse regions of Nigeria--Niger Delta and Sahel SavannahBamgboye M Afolabi
Health, Environment and Development Foundation, Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria
Malar J 8:30. 2009..This survey examines household ownership as well as use and non-use of treated mosquito nets in Sahel Savannah and Niger Delta regions of Nigeria.
- Pet ownership in immunocompromised children--a review of the literature and survey of existing guidelinesS Hemsworth
Oncology Unit, Royal Liverpool Children s NHS Trust, Eaton Road, Liverpool, UK
Eur J Oncol Nurs 10:117-27. 2006Pet ownership has been associated with both emotional and physical health benefits. However, owning pets may also pose health risks to immunocompromised patients through zoonotic transmission of disease...
- Companion animal knowledge, attachment and pet cat care and their associations with household demographics for residents of a rural Texas townMelanie E Ramón
Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4458, USA
Prev Vet Med 94:251-63. 2010..Dogs were owned by 48% of households and cats by 29%. Companion animal ownership was associated with being 25-44 years old, being Anglo, having an income over $85,000/year, and feeding unowned ..
- Mobile phone ownership and use among school children in three Hungarian citiesGabor Mezei
Electric Power Research Institute, Palo Alto, California, USA
Bioelectromagnetics 28:309-15. 2007..and public concerns about associated potential health effects, little is known about patterns of mobile phone ownership and use in the general population and among children...
- Ownership, control, and contention: challenges for the future of healthcare in MalaysiaHeng Leng Chee
Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore, 469A Tower Block 10 01, Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259770
Soc Sci Med 66:2145-56. 2008..This paper explores the various ownership interests in healthcare provision: statist capital, rentier capital, and transnational capital, as well as the ..
- A cross-sectional study of factors associated with dog ownership in TanzaniaDarryn L Knobel
Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Easter Bush, Roslin, Midlothian, EH25 9RG, UK
BMC Vet Res 4:5. 2008..Knowledge of the proportion of households which own dogs, and of the factors associated with dog ownership, is important for the planning and implementation of rabies awareness and dog vaccination programmes, and for ..
- The effect of hospital ownership choice on patient outcomes after treatment for acute myocardial infarctionYu Chu Shen
Health Policy Center, The Urban Institute, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Health Econ 21:901-22. 2002I examine the effect of ownership choice on patient outcomes after the treatment for acute myocardial infarction...
- Human-tissue-related inventions: ownership and intellectual property rights in international collaborative research in developing countriesP A Andanda
University of Witwatersrand, Private Bag 3, Wits 2050, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Med Ethics 34:171-9. 2008..The complexity of these matters lies in the fact that the relationship between intellectual property rights and ownership or rights pertaining to the samples on which the intellectual property right is based may either be overlooked ..
- Taking tissue seriously means taking communities seriouslyRoss E G Upshur
University of Toronto Joint Centre for Bioethics, 88 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1L4, Canada
BMC Med Ethics 8:11. 2007..This often leads to the export of human tissue (defined broadly) from the developing to the developed world for analysis. These practices raise a number of important ethical issues that require attention...
- The Norwegian hospital reform of 2002: central government takes over ownership of public hospitalsTerje P Hagen
Health Organization Research Program HORN, Institute of Health Management and Health Economics, University of Oslo, P O Box 1089, Blindern, NO 0317 Oslo, Norway
Health Policy 76:320-33. 2006Starting in January 2002, the majority of the Norwegian Parliament transferred the ownership of all public hospitals from the county governments to the central state...
- Hospital ownership and efficiency: a review of studies with particular focus on GermanyOliver Tiemann
Hamburg Center for Health Economics, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Health Policy 104:163-71. 2012..found in studies from other countries, especially the US, the evidence from Germany suggests that private ownership (i.e...
- Birth and death rate estimates of cats and dogs in U.S. households and related factorsJohn C New
Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37996 4543, USA
J Appl Anim Welf Sci 7:229-41. 2004..These first national estimates indicate the magnitude of, and reasons for, animals leaving HHs. The crude birth rate was estimated to be 11.2 kittens/100 cats in HHs and 11.4 puppies/100 dogs in HHs...
- Ownership and use of tissue specimens for researchRina Hakimian
Division of Biomedical and Health Sciences Research, Association of American Medical Colleges, Washington, DC 20037, USA
JAMA 292:2500-5. 2004..human tissue samples has been relatively unencumbered by federal regulations and occurred without delineation of ownership rights to the specimens, patient data, or research products...
- Ownership and object historyOri Friedman
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada
New Dir Child Adolesc Dev 2011:79-89. 2011..In judging who owns an object, people may often consider which person likely possessed the object in the past--such reasoning may be responsible for people's bias to assume that the first person known to possess an object is its owner...
- Ownership and financial sustainability of German acute care hospitalsBoris Augurzky
Rheinisch Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Essen, Germany
Health Econ 21:811-24. 2012This paper considers the role of ownership form for the financial sustainability of German acute care hospitals over time...
- Does dog-ownership influence seasonal patterns of neighbourhood-based walking among adults? A longitudinal studyParabhdeep Lail
Population Health Intervention Research Centre, Calgary Institute of Population and Public Health, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
BMC Public Health 11:148. 2011In general dog-owners are more physically active than non-owners, however; it is not known whether dog-ownership can influence seasonal fluctuations in physical activity...
- Altitude, gun ownership, rural areas, and suicideNamkug Kim
Brain Institute of the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, 84108, USA
Am J Psychiatry 168:49-54. 2011..between state altitude and suicide rate in the United States, which could be explained by higher rates of gun ownership and lower population density in the intermountain West...
- Gun ownership and firearm-related deathsSripal Bangalore
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY Electronic address
Am J Med 126:873-6. 2013A variety of claims about possible associations between gun ownership rates, mental illness burden, and the risk of firearm-related deaths have been put forward. However, systematic data on this issue among various countries remain scant...
- Determinants of bed net use in children under five and household bed net ownership on Bioko Island, Equatorial GuineaAlberto L García-Basteiro
Preventative Medicine and Epidemiology Unit, Hospital Clinic, C Villarroel 174, Barcelona, Spain
Malar J 10:179. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the determinants of bed net use in children under five and bed net ownership of the households in which they live.
- Effects of ownership, subsidization and teaching activities on hospital costs in SwitzerlandMehdi Farsi
Department of Management, Technology and Economics, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Health Econ 17:335-50. 2008..the cost structure of Swiss hospitals, focusing on differences due to teaching activities and those related to ownership and subsidization types...
- Exploring early self-referential memory effects through ownershipSheila J Cunningham
Division of Psychology, University of Abertay Dundee, UK
Br J Dev Psychol 31:289-301. 2013..The current inquiry was designed to address this issue using an ownership paradigm, as encoding objects in the context of self-ownership have been shown to elicit self-referential memory ..
- The role of distance from the body and distance from the real hand in ownership and disownership during the rubber hand illusionCatherine Preston
Division of Psychology, School of Social Sciences, Chaucer Building, Nottingham Trent University, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham NG1 5LT, UK
Acta Psychol (Amst) 142:177-83. 2013A key tool for investigating body ownership is the rubber hand illusion, in which synchronous multisensory feedback can induce feelings of ownership over a fake hand...
- The possessive self as a barrier to conflict resolution: effects of mere ownership, process accountability, and self-concept clarity on competitive cognitions and behaviorCarsten K W De Dreu
Department of Psychology, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
J Pers Soc Psychol 89:345-57. 2005The authors propose that people have difficulty managing conflict because they quickly develop ownership of arguments and positions they use in the dispute, that these arguments and positions become part of their (extended) self-concept, ..
- The nonobvious basis of ownership: preschool children trace the history and value of owned objectsSusan A Gelman
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, 530 Church St, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1043, USA
Child Dev 83:1732-47. 2012For adults, ownership is nonobvious: (a) determining ownership depends more on an object's history than on perceptual cues, and (b) ownership confers special value on an object ("endowment effect")...
- The body beyond the body: expectation of a sensory event is enough to induce ownership over a fake handFrancesca Ferri
Department of Neuroscience, Section of Physiology, University of Parma, Via Volturno 39, Parma 43100, Italy
Proc Biol Sci 280:20131140. 2013..This illusion indicates that our brain does not build a sense of self in a merely reactive way, via perceptual correlations; rather it generates predictions on what may or may not belong to itself...
- Car ownership and the association between fruit and vegetable availability and dietJ Nicholas Bodor
Department of Global Community Health and Behavioral Sciences, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA Electronic address
Prev Med 57:903-5. 2013Nearly all research on the food environment and diet has not accounted for car ownership - a potential key modifying factor...
- Effect of incentives on insecticide-treated bed net use in sub-Saharan Africa: a cluster randomized trial in MadagascarPaul J Krezanoski
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Malar J 9:186. 2010..Reported here are the results of a cluster randomized controlled trial testing household-level incentives for ITN use following a free ITN distribution campaign in Madagascar...
- Number of cats and dogs in UK welfare organisationsC C Clark
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol BS40 5DU, Langford, UK
Vet Rec 170:493. 2012..This study has also produced useful baseline data, which will be essential for monitoring population changes over time...
- Ownership or leasing of MRI facilities by nonradiologist physicians is a rapidly growing trendDavid C Levin
Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 5:105-9. 2008To study growth trends in the ownership of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) examinations by nonradiologist physicians who either own the equipment outright or are involved in scan leasing arrangements.
- Effect of physician ownership of specialty hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers on frequency of use of outpatient orthopedic surgeryJean M Mitchell
Georgetown Public Policy Institute, Georgetown University, 3520 Prospect St NW, Room 423, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Arch Surg 145:732-8. 2010..Little is known about whether the financial incentives linked to ownership affect frequency of outpatient surgery.
- Staffing levels in not-for-profit and for-profit long-term care facilities: does type of ownership matter?Margaret J McGregor
Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
CMAJ 172:645-9. 2005..We examined staffing ratios for direct-care and support staff in publicly funded not-for-profit and for-profit nursing homes in British Columbia...
- Health survey: comparison of interviewees according to ownership of a residential telephone lineNeuber José Segri
Departamento de Epidemiologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Saude Publica 44:503-12. 2010..To analyze differences in sociodemographic characteristics associated with health in individuals with and without a residential telephone line...
- Pet ownership and older women: the relationships among loneliness, pet attachment support, human social support, and depressed moodCheryl A Krause-Parello
Center for Nursing Research, Kean University, School of Nursing, College of Natural, Applied and Health Sciences, Union, NJ, USA
Geriatr Nurs 33:194-203. 2012..Clinical and social implications for nurses working with the geriatric population were identified and discussed...
- Impact of the economic recession on companion animal relinquishment, adoption, and euthanasia: a Chicago animal shelter's experienceHsin Yi Weng
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, USA
J Appl Anim Welf Sci 15:80-90. 2012..The results showed that once the guardianship (ownership) of a nonhuman animal had been established, the recession did not greatly affect the owner's decision on ..
- Do financial incentives linked to ownership of specialty hospitals affect physicians' practice patterns?Jean M Mitchell
Georgetown Public Policy Institute, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Med Care 46:732-7. 2008..hospitals have become increasingly prevalent in recent years, little research has examined whether the financial incentives linked to ownership influence physicians' referral rates for services performed at the specialty hospital.
- Factors affecting the success of rehoming dogs in the UK during 2005G Diesel
Epidemiology Division, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hatfield AL9 7TA, UK
Prev Vet Med 84:228-41. 2008....
- Cross-boundary cooperation in a watershed context: the sentiments of private forest landownersMark G Rickenbach
Environ Manage 30:584-94. 2002Ecosystem management and sustainable forestry on mixed ownership landscapes will require some level of cross-boundary coordination or management...
- Characteristics of relinquished dogs and their owners at 14 rehoming centers in the United KingdomGillian Diesel
Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hatfield, United Kingdom
J Appl Anim Welf Sci 13:15-30. 2010..An improved knowledge of characteristics of relinquished dogs should inform the development of strategies for improved management of the rehoming process...
- Admissions of cats to animal welfare shelters in Melbourne, AustraliaLinda C Marston
Animal Welfare Science Centre, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
J Appl Anim Welf Sci 12:189-213. 2009....
- Dog ownership during pregnancy, maternal activity, and obesity: a cross-sectional studyCarri Westgarth
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Institute of Infection and Global Health, University of Liverpool, Neston, Cheshire, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e31315. 2012..Pet ownership and activity data were reported for 11,466 mothers. Twenty-five percent of mothers owned at least one dog...
- Results of the 2006 AVMA survey of companion animal ownership in US pet-owning householdsAllison J Shepherd
AVMA Communications Division Senior Manager, Market Research
J Am Vet Med Assoc 232:695-6. 2008
- Survey of the characteristics of cats owned by households in the UK and factors affecting their neutered statusJ K Murray
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford House, Langford, North Somerset BS40 5DU, UK
Vet Rec 164:137-41. 2009....
- How did physician ownership become a federal case? The Stark Amendments and their prospectsSarah M Stout
LBJ School of Public Affairs, University of Texas at Austin, P O Box Y, Austin, Texas 78713 8923, USA
HEC Forum 15:171-87. 2003
- Veterinary opinions on refusing euthanasia: justifications and philosophical frameworksJ W Yeates
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Myrtle Cottage, Stock Lane, Langford, Bristol BS40 5EW
Vet Rec 168:263. 2011..This gives insight into the ethical principles that explicitly underlie veterinary surgeons' euthanasia decisions and the resultant framework may be useful for discussing and teaching euthanasia...
- Pet ownership and prophylaxis of headache and chronic painA R Hirsch
Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, Ltd, Chicago, IL 60611
Headache 34:542-3. 1994..To investigate the advantages of pet ownership in the prophylaxis of headache and other chronic pain conditions, we queried 62 patients suffering from such ..
- Beyond the colour of my skin: how skin colour affects the sense of body-ownershipHarry Farmer
Department of Psychology, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, TW20 0EX Surrey, UK
Conscious Cogn 21:1242-56. 2012Multisensory stimulation has been shown to alter the sense of body-ownership. Given that perceived similarity between one's own body and those of others is crucial for social cognition, we investigated whether multisensory stimulation ..
- When "it" becomes "mine": attentional biases triggered by object ownershipDavid J Turk
School of Psychology, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
J Cogn Neurosci 23:3725-33. 2011..g., apple, socks, and ketchup) in the context of an "ownership" paradigm, where the presentation of each object was followed by a cue indicating whether the object nominally ..
- Does investor ownership of nursing homes compromise the quality of care?C Harrington
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of California at San Francisco School of Nursing, USA
Am J Public Health 91:1452-5. 2001Two thirds of nursing homes are investor owned. This study examined whether investor ownership affects quality.
- Care outcomes in long-term care facilities in British Columbia, Canada. Does ownership matter?Margaret J McGregor
Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia and Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Family Practice Research Office, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Med Care 44:929-35. 2006This study investigated whether for-profit (FP) versus not-for-profit (NP) ownership of long-term care facilities resulted in a difference in hospital admission and mortality rates among facility residents in British Columbia, Canada.
- THE ETHICS OF POST-CONFLICT AND POST-DISASTER DNA IDENTIFICATIONSarah Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2013..and human rights organizations that contract their services;and issues of privacy, anonymity, trust, data ownership, informed consent, and illicit use associated with the creation of large genetic databases in countries emerging ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHERMAN ALFRED TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..and retaining minority students and investigators, and enhances the community's identification with and ownership of the study...
- JACKSON HEART STUDYASOKA S SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..and retaining minority students and investigators, and enhances the community's identification with and ownership of the study...
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHERMAN ALFRED TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..and retaining minority students and investigators, and enhances the community's identification with and ownership of the study...
- JACKSON HEART STUDYAsoka Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2010
- JACKSON HEART STUDYASOKA S SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2013
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHerman Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2010
- Monitoring Social Change: Health, Reproduction, AgingBarry M Popkin; Fiscal Year: 2012..age women;household size and composition;living arrangements;care of children and elders;housing conditions;land ownership;and household expenditures...
- Humanization of a mouse anti-OX40 monoclonal antibody to treat cancerAndrew D Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2012..Agonox is proposing to genetically engineer the mouse antibody to become more "human" so that several rounds of treatment may be administered in order to achieve an even better outcome for cancer patients in future clinical trials. ..
- Understanding the malaria-poverty vicious circleMARCIA CALDAS DE CASTRO; Fiscal Year: 2010..SES will be measured by a wealth index based on household ownership of durable assets and on housing conditions...
- Etiology of breast development in the BCERC network: role of socioeconomic statusDEJANA K BRAITHWAITE; Fiscal Year: 2010..whether previously unexplored socioeconomic factors (household income, parental educational attainment, home ownership, residential crowding, wealth) can explain some of the variation in the timing of pubertal outcomes across and ..
- Cinema Smoking and Youth Smoking in Latin AmericaJames Thrasher; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, the team will assess the prevalence of adolescent ownership of tobacco branded merchandise (e.g...
- Long-term benefits of dog ownership: Effects on stress and social behaviorKristen Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, human-animal interaction (HAI) and pet ownership are associated with lower stress and increased prosocial behavior and psychological well-being in children and ..
- Infection and Immunity K-12 Science Program: Exploring Knowns/Unknowns via VCRC/QMarlys Hearst Witte; Fiscal Year: 2013..workshops, year round inservice consultation, and online social networking to encourage teacher and student ownership/innovation reflecting state/national standards...
- Fighting Malaria with Microfinance: Evidence from IndiaAlessandro Tarozzi; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, ownership, regular use and appropriate maintenance of ITNs are uncommon in most malarious regions worldwide...
- CBPR on Active Living and Recovery for Racial/Ethnic Groups with Mental IllnessYoshitaka Iwasaki; Fiscal Year: 2010..team-work and equitable participation;(c) co- learning and collective capacity-building;(d) power-sharing and co-ownership of research;(e) a community- oriented bottom-up approach (rather than a top/university-down approach);(f) the ..
- A Study of Cancer Diagnosis as a Risk Factor for Personal BankruptcyScott D Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., average income, percentage of home ownership)...
- Do Patient Requests Affect Doctor's Decisions? A Complementary Experimental and QJohn B McKinlay; Fiscal Year: 2012..Does the size, ownership, practice setting or practice culture influence decisions? 4...
- Cell phone RDD sampling to reach young adults for tobacco control surveillanceCristine D Delnevo; Fiscal Year: 2013..As of 2008, cell phone ownership approached 90 percent among young adults...
- The relationship between pets and multiple child health indicatorsANNE M GADOMSKI; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to incorporate and pilot test a pet related module for the DartScreen that inquires about pet ownership and branches to more detailed questions if the family has a pet, specifically a dog...
- Photonic Magnetometer-based Biomagnetic Imaging SystemJohn Matthews; Fiscal Year: 2010..eliminating the need for magnetically shielded rooms that form a significant fraction of the cost of ownership ($1-2M) of current commercial systems...
- Identifying community-based solutions that improve insecticide-treated net (ITN)Kacey C Ernst; Fiscal Year: 2012..of the following proposal is to use qualitative and quantitative methods to determine the prevalence of ownership, misuse and disuse of bednets under field conditions and to identify modifiable risk factors...
- Does a Psychiatric Comorbidity Affect the Management of DiabetesJohn B McKinlay; Fiscal Year: 2012..AIM 5: To measure the influence of organizational features of the health care system (e.g., size and ownership of practice, practice culture) as covariates with respect to the clinical scenario...
- The Cradle of Compassion: Early Development of Prosocial BehaviorCelia A Brownell; Fiscal Year: 2012..conceptually related aspects of early social understanding: self-other understanding, emotion understanding, and ownership understanding...
- Application and Dissemination of a Culture-Centered Approach to Tailoring ComparaMohan Jyoti Dutta; Fiscal Year: 2010..Both ownership and ideas are local-not the product of experts who lack credibility among members of the underserved population...
- ICBG: "Training, Conservation and Drug Discovery using Panamanian MicroorganismsWilliam H Gerwick; Fiscal Year: 2013..The focus of our discovery efforts are new treatments for cancer, CNS disorders, and tropical diseases as well as agricultural chemicals. ..
- Modifiable Disparities in Treatment for Rheumatoid ArthritisDANIEL HAL SOLOMON; Fiscal Year: 2012..Economically vulnerable neighborhoods, such as those with low rates of English as a primary language or low home ownership rates, and greater distance to rheumatologists and hospitals may all negatively impact disparities in RA care...
- Prevention of Nosocomial Infections and Cost Effectiveness in Nursing HomesPatricia W Stone; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., mandatory reporting and statewide collaborative), facility level characteristics (e.g., ownership, bed size and nurse staffing) and resident care processes (e.g...
- HIV/STI outcomes from male circumcision in men and female partners: Kisumu, KenyaSUPRIYA DINESH MEHTA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthered collaboration with Kenyan investigators advances the national and community ownership. This study will add to our understanding of the interactions between biological mechanisms and behaviors, so ..
- Agricultural Livelihoods, Food Security, and Women's Risk of HIV InfectionSANDRA MCCOY; Fiscal Year: 2013..among women farmers in Tanzania;(2) determine the effect of household income, food insecurity, and land ownership on sexual risk-taking among female-headed farming households in Tanzania;and (3) conduct a pilot study of a ..
- Macroeconomic Conditions and Marital DissolutionMELINDA SANDLER MORRILL; Fiscal Year: 2011..or suspected to affect marital stability such as employment status of the husband and wife, wealth, and home ownership status...
- Advancing Native Health and Wellness ConferenceMARJORIE K LEIMOMI MALA MAU; Fiscal Year: 2012..experience in the US that may be detrimental to their health as well as factors that enable resilience and ownership of their health and wellness that has the potential for reversing health disparities across all Native Peoples ..
- Mentoring Junior Faculty: Viral hepatitis Clinical ResearchMichael W Fried; Fiscal Year: 2013..mentees have been integrated into these research activities which have provided them with numerous opportunities in a mentored environment within which to develop research skills and to assert their ownership of individual projects.
- Estimating the Causal Effect of Interacting with Pet Dogs and CatsJEREMY NOWELL VILLETTE MILES; Fiscal Year: 2011..If these health effects are representative of the effects in the general population, then pet ownership may have significant public health benefits...
- Pet Dogs as Compensatory Support FiguresKathryn A Kerns; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Despite high levels of pet ownership in the United States (Melson, 2003;Walsh, 2009), research on the impact of human-animal interaction on physical and mental health is still in the early stages, ..
- National Cardiovascular Surgery Quality Improvement Network Planning ConferencesDonald S Likosky; Fiscal Year: 2011..A number of issues (related to structure, function, data ownership, communication and financing) must be addressed to facilitate the development of the IMPROVE Network...
- Financial Incentives and Treatment of Medicare Patients with Spine ProblemsJean M Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2012..This project poses two research questions. The first addresses whether financial incentives linked to physician ownership of either specialty hospitals or ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) affect patterns of care for Medicare ..
- CRDF GLOBAL WILL PROVIDE FIDUCIARY SUPPORT TO CDC TO MANAGE TB-RELATED ACTIVITIESSHAWN TRENTON WHEELER; Fiscal Year: 2013..The core principles of the initiative emphasize country ownership;a gender-equity approach; and integration, coordination, and innovation, among other themes. II...
- Negotiating Social Relationships in Assisted Living: The Resident ExperienceMary M Ball; Fiscal Year: 2010..race, ethnicity, and socioeconomic status of residents and facility size, design, location, resident profile, ownership, and resources to include: two small with low-income residents (one where most or all residents are black and ..
- Racial Disparity in Quality of Clinical Care in End Stage Renal DiseaseGuofen Yan; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., ownership status, facility size, and clinical practice)...
- Parallel ComputerDavid Piston; Fiscal Year: 2009..In keeping with the tradition of bottom-up ownership of the Center, policy and procedures are set by the co-directors upon recommendations of the Faculty Advisory ..
- Organizational Factors and the Delivery of Nursing Home CareDAVID GEORGE STEVENSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..factors in shaping nursing home care in the United States: i) the scope and relevance of nursing home chain ownership in the United States;ii) the delivery of hospice care in nursing homes;and iii) the growing role of post-acute ..
- Is pet ownership associated with childhood asthma?John Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2013..represent the largest and most comprehensive investigation to date of the associations between household pet ownership and the development of childhood asthma...
- Investigation of Effective Training of "promotoras" in Oral Rehydration TherapyRACHEL ANN HALL-CLIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2013..These results are expected to have an important positive impact by improving the efficacy and sustainability of ORT education campaigns through encouraging local collaboration and ownership of program content.
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers and Medicare Expenditures for Outpatient ProceduresBrent K Hollenbeck; Fiscal Year: 2013..Proponents of ownership argue that such relationships centralize surgical care and increase physician administrative control- both of ..
- Recovery Roadmap: Person-Centered Care Planning Janis Tondora; Fiscal Year: 2013..of Person-Centered Care Planning (PCCP), an evidence-based intervention designed to maximize consumer choice and ownership of the treatment process...
- HOPE Accounts for WomenMarci K Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2010..for low-income individuals, provide financial assistance for a microenterprise, further education, or home ownership and have been shown to increase feelings of confidence about the future and economic security...
- Reducing Asian Hepatitis B Disparities through Health Information TechnologyRosy Chang Weir; Fiscal Year: 2013..be utilized to develop a pilot intervention incorporating HIT strategies for HBV care with participation and ownership from community-based health centers and their stakeholders...
- Facebook: A screening tool to identify alcohol use among female college freshmenMEGAN ANDREAS MORENO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Approximately three-fourths of University of Wisconsin Madison undergraduates report ownership of a social networking web site (SNS) profile, and 70% of UW Madison college freshmen reference alcohol use on ..
- Using media to explore mechanisms of behavior change among college studentsMEGAN ANDREAS MORENO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Approximately 97 percent of undergraduates report ownership of a Facebook (FB) profile and display of references to substance use is common...
- Implementation of Asthma Guidelines in Primary Care; Comparison of 4 approachesJames W Mold; Fiscal Year: 2010..characteristics -- use of electronic health records (Y/N), presence of mid-level clinicians (Y/N), practice ownership (clinicians own Y/N), and number of clinicians in the practice (#) -- guideline implementation...
- International Assessments of Patenting in GeneticsPhilip Pardey; Fiscal Year: 2010..research addresses a range of critical and interrelated innovation incentive issues including: links between IP ownership and use, implications for generating and accessing key technologies, and types of licenses and institutional ..
- Impact of Urologist Practice Structure on Prostate Cancer CareVahakn B Shahinian; Fiscal Year: 2013..The formation of these large groups has been propagated by their unique investment opportunities, such as ownership interests in expensive equipment to provide intensity modulated radiation therapy and cross-sectional imaging...
- Exploring Disease-Toxicant Interactions in a Human Huntington's Disease ModelAndrew M Tidball; Fiscal Year: 2013..As the principal investigator, I will have increased ownership of this research project and the freedom to take full advantage of my graduate training by reducing potential ..
- Impact of pet-ownership on glycemic control in youth with type 1 diabetesLouise Maranda; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long-range goal associated with this research is to offer sound data about pet ownership, to enhance the instruments to be used in the National Child Study (NCS)...
- Buffering role of pet dogs on children's HPA stress responsesClive D L Wynne; Fiscal Year: 2013..By characterizing the role of pet ownership and pet presence in the developing biological stress response in children, the results obtained will contribute ..
- Protecting the Health of Future Generations: Assessing and Preventing ExposuresFRANK ARTHUR VON HIPPEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..The aim of this exposure assessment is to provide information, ownership of data, and training for the people of SLI so that they can plan and participate in public health actions to ..
- DISTANCE-LEARNING FOR IRBS ON ETHICAL ISSUES IN GENETICSDorothy Wertz; Fiscal Year: 1999..Informed Consent: Elements of Informed Consent and Standards for Protecting Privacy; Uses of Stored DNA Samples; Ownership of Information; Compensation; Children's Assent; Duties to Re-contact; Collaboration with Other Institutions; ..
- RACIAL DISPARITIES IN MEDICATION USE IN US NURSING HOMESKate Lapane; Fiscal Year: 2001..facility size, ownership, system-affiliation, and staffing patterns)...
- NUCLEAR RISK MANAGEMENT FOR NATIVE COMMUNITIESRobert Goble; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will assist these communities in developing an increasing sense of control and ownership over the environmental health planning process so that these infrastructures become long-term community-based ..
- Effect of Work Permits in Protecting Youth WorkersJanet Dal Santo; Fiscal Year: 2005..urban versus rural residence, socio-demographic variables, type of job, and employer characteristics (family ownership and size of business) are associated with the issuance of work permits in NC? b...
- Studies of the Flora and Predator Bacteria of JordanNICHOLAS OBERLIES; Fiscal Year: 2004..Intellectual property rights and consideration of the People of Jordan have been agreed to in principle and plans for formalization of these agreements are outlined herein. ..
- PSYCHOSOCIAL FACTORS IN SUDDEN CARDIAC DEATHSue Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2002..The PFOS study will 1) assess psychosocial (Psychological: anxiety, depression; social: social support, pet ownership, life stress) status of 300 patients enrolled in the SCD-HeFT clinical trial at baseline, after one month, and ..
- Int'l Center for Indigenous Phytotherapy Studies--TICIPSWilliam Folk; Fiscal Year: 2004..Planning and execution of these projects and the development of an administrative core will lay the foundation for an International Center for Research and Complementary and Alternative Medicine. ..
- A DNA-based Barcode System to Prevent Drug CounterfeitingZhong Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..current RFID technology, accurate at detection, has no effect on drugs, and sensitive to privacy concerns and to ownership of confidential business transaction data. High Throughput Biology Inc...
- Pilot Study of Assisted Living Facilities in FloridaJill Quadagno; Fiscal Year: 2002..facilities by key characteristics of the facility (size, public/private admission rates, rural/urban location, ownership type)...
- Selection and the Quality Impact of Nursing Home OwnershipDavid C Grabowski; Fiscal Year: 2010..mimic randomization of residents into more or less "exposure" to nonprofit homes when estimating the effects of ownership on quality of care...
- A Novel Neuroprotective Approach for IschemiaZhi Gang Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2007..At the end of the phase II period, we expect to submit an IND application to the FDA to use PAN-811 for the treatment of transient ischemic stroke and initiate phase Ib clinical trials. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sharing Research Tools: The Mouse as a ParadigmDAVID EINHORN; Fiscal Year: 2007..mice have played in this drama, the mouse is the obvious paradigm to study whether the intellectual property ownership incentives provided by Bayh-Dole have inhibited or promoted access to and utilization of mice as research tools...
- MedConnect-Connecting Rural LA to Digital LibrariesHELEN CARUSO; Fiscal Year: 2003..Collectively, the network has the ability to foster community ownership of health issues and solutions, to support improvements to the health care system infrastructure, to improve ..
- Pet Exposure, Allergy and Early Asthma in the Inner-CityMatthew Perzanowski; Fiscal Year: 2005..This hypothesis is based on a protective effect of pet ownership observed elsewhere, and a discrepancy in the reported general atopy protective effect reported in communities ..
- Mouse Cochlea DatabasePeter Santi; Fiscal Year: 2003..Authors of the images will be cited and will retain ownership of the images. Furthermore, each image will be digitally marked for identification as part of the MCD...
- MEDICAL OUTCOMES IN THE PRICING OF HOSPITAL PROCEDURESAvi Dor; Fiscal Year: 2001..Other than quality, prices will depend on variables representing hospital bargaining power (Herfindahl index, ownership, system affiliation), insurer bargaining power (HMO penetration, market share, type of plan) and patient and ..