relative value scales
Summary: Coded listings of physician or other professional services using units that indicate the relative value of the various services they perform. They take into account time, skill, and overhead cost required for each service, but generally do not consider the relative cost-effectiveness. Appropriate conversion factors can be used to translate the abstract units of the relative value scales into dollar fees for each service based on work expended, practice costs, and training costs.
Publications166 found, 100 shown here
- Medicare fees for physician services are resource-basedPaul L Grimaldi
State Healthcare Division of Affiliated Computer Services, Inc, Rockville, MD, USA
J Health Care Finance 28:88-104. 2002..RBRVS implementation required significant changes in the coding system used to document and bill physician services, particularly medical visits and consultations...
- RVU cost accounting not just for the 'big dogs'Kathryn P Glass
MGMA Connex 3:30. 2003
- Validation of physician survey estimates of surgical time using operating room logsNancy McCall
Med Care Res Rev 63:764-77. 2006..Given that half of the studied surgical procedures is a subset of services that anchors the MFS, surgical times for other related services are likely to be overstated as well...
- Using relative value units to measure faculty clinical productivityT A Albritton
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912, USA
J Gen Intern Med 12:715-7. 1997..Thus, RVUs can be used as a measure of faculty clinical productivity in different settings in an academic medical center. Precepting students does not appear to affect clinical productivity...
- Relative value units: from A to Z, Part 4Kathryn P Glass
KPG Enterprises, 6680 S Abilene Way, Centennial, CO 80111, USA
J Med Pract Manage 18:120-3. 2002..Health care has yet to establish true benchmarks, but it does have performance indicators for better-performing practices based on several criteria...
- Productivity of radiologists: estimates based on analysis of relative value unitsP M Conoley
Kelsey Seybold Clinic, Houston, TX 77030
AJR Am J Roentgenol 157:1337-40. 1991..The concept of RVU workload is timely because it undoubtedly will be used to compare workloads across medical subspecialties, and these workloads are likely to be related by third-party payers to compensation...
- Relative value units: from A to Z (Part I of IV)Kathryn P Glass
MGMA Center for Research, 104 Inverness Terrace East, Englewood, CO 80112, USA
J Med Pract Manage 17:225-8. 2002....
- Relative value units and cost analysis, Part 3 of 4Kathryn P Glass
KPG Enterprises, 6680 South Abilene Way, Centennial, CO 80111, USA
J Med Pract Manage 18:66-70. 2002..In short, RVU cost accounting uses the Resource-Based Relative Value Scale (RBRVS) instead of stopwatches and clipboards when measuring clinical costs and activity...
- [Developing rehabilitation treatment groups for cardiology and orthopaedics -- findings of a research project]J Ranneberg
Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre insb Sozial und Gesundheitsökonomik, Universitat der Bundeswehr Munchen
Rehabilitation (Stuttg) 44:34-43. 2005..As part of the Freiburg/Bad Sackingen research network, it was realised at the University BW, Munich...
- Frank words from the top. Interview by Wayne J. GuglielmoThomas A Scully
Med Econ 80:96-7. 2003
- A geologic survey of the medicare RBRVS systemTim R Williams
The Lynn Regional Cancer Center, Boca Raton Community Hospital, Boca Raton, Florida 33486, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 1:192-8. 2004..This article uses an unusual approach to describe the components of the RBRVS equation, how those relative values are developed and managed, and how they relate to each other, even though each one is calculated differently...
- RVUs blues. How should docs get paid?John Lantos
Hastings Cent Rep 33:37-45. 2003..Yet fiscal pressures have lead to economic incentives for performing certain kinds work instead of others. So the question arises: what are the ethics and consequences of trying to objectively compare the many services physicians offer?..
- Economists, weather forecasters, storms, and cliffsJames P Borgstede
J Am Coll Radiol 1:615-7. 2004
- One small step for manLinda L Lively
American Medical Accounting and Consulting, Inc, USA
J Oncol Manag 11:27-30. 2002
- Recent trends in utilization of cardiovascular imaging: how important are they for radiology?David C Levin
Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 2:736-9. 2005..To determine (a) the role cardiovascular imaging (CVI) plays within the spectrum of noninvasive diagnostic imaging (NDI), (b) the role radiologists play in CVI, and (c) recent trends in CVI workload among radiologists and cardiologists...
- We're not leaving $250,000 on the table anymoreScott P Rigby
Med Econ 79:52, 58. 2002
- Medicare's ambulance fee schedule dispatchedPaul L Grimaldi
Affiliated Computer Services, Inc, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Healthc Financ Manage 56:60-8. 2002..Higher fees have been implemented for rural transports and air ambulance services. Lower fees have been implemented for urban transports. Providers and suppliers must revise chargemasters, policies, and procedures...
- Valuing the professional work of diagnostic radiologic servicesBibb Allen
Birmingham Radiological Group, PC, Department of Radiology, Birmingham, AL 35213, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 4:106-14. 2007..Whereas the TC is compensation for performing a diagnostic test, ultimately, it is our physician work that defines our specialty, and challenges to our physician work will be vigorously defended by the ACR without compromise...
- Medicare spending on physicians - no easy fix in sightJoseph P Newhouse
N Engl J Med 356:1883-4. 2007
- Payments may fall. CMS has come up with a list of some 100 proceduresMatthew DoBias
Mod Healthc 36:12. 2006
- Answers to your questionsKent J Moore
Fam Pract Manag 12:23-4. 2005
- The use of intraservice work per unit of time (IWPUT) and the building block method (BBM) for the calculation of surgical workCharles D Mabry
American College of Surgeons, General Surgery Coding and Reimbursement Committee, Chicago, IL, USA
Ann Surg 241:929-38; discussion 938-40. 2005....
- Measuring relative work values for home care nursing services in JapanYasuko Ogata
Department of Community Health Nursing, School of Nursing, Chiba University, Chiba shi, Japan
Nurs Res 53:145-53. 2004..To maintain the quality of services in home health nursing provided by Stations, reimbursement needs to account not only for the number of home visits, but also for the time and intensity of nursing services...
- RBRVS and your salary packageLinda L Lindeke
School of Nursing, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Adv Nurse Pract 14:25. 2006
- Estimating the costs of VA ambulatory careCiaran S Phibbs
VA HSR and D Health Economics Resource Center, VA Cooperative Studies Program, Department of Health Research and Policy, Center for Primary Care and Outcomes Research, Stanford University, USA
Med Care Res Rev 60:54S-73S. 2003..They are potentially useful for any system that does not generate billing data, when CPT codes are simpler to collect than billing data, or when there is a need to standardize cost estimates across data sources...
- Evaluation of activity-based costing versus resource-based relative value costingMark F Berlin
Carle Clinic, 602 West University Ave, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Med Pract Manage 19:219-27. 2004..A comparison of the results will be provided...
- Selecting managed care plans: getting the most for your practice through the use of evaluation toolsHarvey Susnick
Berdon LLP, and Berdon Healthcare Consulting LLC, One Jericho Plaza, Jericho, NY 11753, USA
J Med Pract Manage 19:179-81. 2004
- Update on codes and reimbursements for GI practiceElizabeth Adams
AGA National Office, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 1:237-9. 2003
- Unsustainable growth rate: physician perspectiveTodd Dorman
Department of Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine, School of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Crit Care Med 34:S78-81. 2006..To describe the sustainable growth rate history and calculations and why the present approach is not sustainable...
- A tale of 2 illnessesCharles R Meyer
Minn Med 87:16-9, 54. 2004
- Measuring nurse practitioner productivityJacqueline Rhoads
Louisiana State University Health Science Center School of Nursing, New Orleans, LA, USA
Dermatol Nurs 18:32-4, 37-8. 2006..Information to acquaint NPs with key aspects of recording productivity and ways NPs can organize productivity data within their practice to determine worth of service are presented...
- Medicare physician payment: practice expenseA Clinton MacKinney
Rural Policy Brief 8:1-8. 2003
- Understanding when to use the new patient E/M codesEmily Hill
Fam Pract Manag 10:33-6. 2003
- Turn your fee schedule into a valuable management toolMichael C Joyce
Joyce and Associates, 307 W Ivanhoe, Gilbert, AZ 85233, USA
J Med Pract Manage 19:5-9. 2003....
- Multispecialty physician practices: fixed and variable costs, and economies of scaleThomas P Weil
Health and Hospital Services, Asheville, North Carolina, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 25:70-7. 2002....
- Relative value units and productivity: Part 2 of 4Kathryn P Glass
MGMA Center for Research, 104 Inverness Terrace East, Englewood, CO 80112, USA
J Med Pract Manage 17:285-90. 2002....
- It took two decades for private payor contracts to erode the bottom line: plan on a 2+ year comeback-here's how, Part IIIPenny Noyes
Health Business Navigators, 1711 Destiny Lane, Suite 101, Bowling Green, KY 42104, USA
J Med Pract Manage 24:44-9. 2008....
- Multifactor productivity in health careJohn A Poisal
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Baltimore, MD 21244 1850, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 29:1-4. 2007....
- Productivity adjustment in the Medicare physician fee schedule updateJoseph P Newhouse
Harvard University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 29:5-14. 2007..This article also shows productivity changes varied widely across manufacturing industries, so that the use of an average across the economy or even across service industries could have substantial error for physician services...
- Cost accounting: making your practice stronger and more efficientHarvey Susnick
Berdon Healthcare Consulting LLC, One Jericho Plaza, Jericho, NY 11753, USA
J Med Pract Manage 20:185-7. 2005
- The global surgical package--let's get the facts straightCharles Mabry
J Trauma 64:385-7; discussion 388-9. 2008
- Measuring the academic radiologist's clinical productivity: applying RVU adjustment factorsR L Arenson
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143-0628, USA
Acad Radiol 8:533-40. 2001..The new adjusted workload RVUs allow comparison of radiologists' workload across subspecialties...
- Fee schedule analysisFrank D Cohen
Medical Information Technology Systems, CPA Health Partners, Clearwater, Florida, USA
J Med Pract Manage 23:115-8. 2007..Through the application of basic business techniques, every practice has the ability to develop and maintain a fee schedule that will meet or exceed its financial needs...
- When submitting claims, listing RVUs in the incorrect order might lower your reimbursementSteven F Isenberg
Ear Nose Throat J 86:550. 2007
- Resource-based relative value units: a primer for academic family physiciansSarah E Johnson
Department of Family Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Fam Med 34:172-6. 2002..Rapid changes in health care make comparisons to work done 2 decades ago difficult. Understanding the strengths and limitations of RVUs as they apply to family physicians is fundamental to safeguarding the role of primary care...
- Don't be demoralized ... analyze. Examine revenue to improve your health plan contracting effortsPatrick Curran
Physician Resource Northwest LLC, Portland, Ore, USA
MGMA Connex 2:40-3. 2002
- Medicare's "Global" terrorism: where is the pay for performance?R Lawrence Reed
Division of Trauma, Critical Care, and Burns, Department of Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois, USA
J Trauma 64:374-83; discussion 383-4. 2008..We hypothesized that these global package component valuations were often lower than comparable evaluation and management (E&M) services and that billing for E&M services instead of the operation could often be more profitable...
- Revising Medicare's physician fee schedule--much activity, little changePaul B Ginsburg
Center for Studying Health System Change, Washington, DC, USA
N Engl J Med 356:1201-3. 2007
- Pay for reporting: the 2007 1.5% Medicare bonusBetsy Nicoletti
J Med Pract Manage 22:348-9. 2007
- Physician services in an academic neurology department: using the resource-based relative-value scale to examine physician activitiesE R Becker
Department of Health Policy and Management, Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Health Care Finance 27:79-91. 2001..Using the physician work relative values in the MFS provides a unique perspective for analyzing and understanding neurologists' work activities...
- How do your fees mesh?Dorothy L Pennachio
Med Econ 81:26-30. 2004
- [Methods and Applications to estimate the conversion factor of Resource-Based Relative Value Scale for nurse-midwife's delivery service in the national health insurance]Jinhyun Kim
Seoul National University, Korea
J Korean Acad Nurs 39:574-83. 2009..This paper analyzed alternative methods of calculating the conversion factor for nurse-midwife's delivery services in the national health insurance and estimated the optimal reimbursement level for the services...
- Comparing the cost-effectiveness of the triple test score to traditional methods for evaluating palpable breast massesArden M Morris
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Med Care 41:962-71. 2003..The triple test score (TTS) integrates physical examination, mammography, and fine needle aspiration in the initial evaluation, limiting open biopsy...
- A decision analysis of treatments for nonobstructive azoospermia associated with varicoceleRichard Lee
James Buchanan Brady Foundation, Department of Urology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Fertil Steril 92:188-96. 2009....
- A decision analysis of treatments for obstructive azoospermiaR Lee
James Buchanan Brady Foundation, Department of Urology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 E 68th St, Starr 900, New York, NY 10021, USA
Hum Reprod 23:2043-9. 2008..We examined the cost-effectiveness of these treatments...
- Detecting occult malignancy in prophylactic mastectomy: preoperative MRI versus sentinel lymph node biopsyDalliah Black
Department of Surgical Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Yawkey Building, 7th Floor, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2477-84. 2007..Sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) allows intraoperative staging and axillary dissection during the same operation. We determined the efficacy and cost of MRI and/or SLNB in managing high-risk PM patients...
- Patient preferences for anesthesia outcomes associated with cesarean deliveryBrendan Carvalho
Department of Anesthesia, H3580, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Anesth Analg 101:1182-7, table of contents. 2005..for importance of specific intraoperative and postoperative anesthesia outcomes using priority ranking and relative value scales. We also explored patients' fears, concerns, and tolerance regarding CS and analgesics...
- Estimating nurses' workload using the Diagnosis Procedure Combination in JapanY Kamijo
Division of Nursing, School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Shinshu University, Nagano, Japan
Int Nurs Rev 55:281-7. 2008..To examine the methods used to estimate nurse staffing levels in acute care settings with Diagnosis Related Groups, which in Japan are called the Diagnosis Procedure Combination (DPC)...
- Dollars and sense. Is there a better way to determine private surgical fees in New Zealand?Paul Brown
Centre for Health Services Research and Policy, School of Population Health, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland
N Z Med J 118:U1753. 2005..Due to concerns such a market does not exist, other countries have adopted Relative Value Scales (RVS) to estimate a fair reimbursement level for different procedures...
- The value of your time: evaluation of effects of changes in medicare reimbursement rates on the practice of urologyYair Lotan
Department of Urology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Urol 172:1958-62. 2004..We studied the effect of these changes on hourly reimbursement rates for various services provided by urologists...
- Should dental hygienists replace dental directors in screening high-needs children?Elizabeth Rolland
Public Health Research, Education and Development PHRED Program, The Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington Public Health Unit, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Dent Hyg 79:11. 2005..The purpose of this research was to determine whether dental hygienists are as effective as dental directors in screening high-needs children who require emergency care...
- Practice re-engineering through the use of benchmarks: Part IIMary J Witt
Camden Group, 100 N Sepulveda, Suite 600, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
J Med Pract Manage 17:237-42. 2002..Part II identifies key indicators to measure performance and explains how to integrate their use into the practice's daily operations...
- The signs are certainJim Rohack
AMA Board of Trustees
Tex Med 101:13-4. 2005
- Measuring and managing radiologist workload: application of lean and constraint theories and production planning principles to planning radiology services in a major tertiary hospitalSharyn L S MacDonald
Radiology Department, Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 57:544-50. 2013....
- [Validation of the Arabic Version of the Epworth Sleepiness Scale: Multicentre study]M Riachy
Service de pneumologie et de réanimation médicale, Hotel Dieu de France, Rue Alfred Naccache, Achrafieh, Beirut, Lebanon
Rev Mal Respir 29:697-704. 2012..The objective of this study was to develop an Arabic version of ESS (AESS) and to investigate its reliability and the validity...
- Application of total care time and payment per unit time model for physician reimbursement for common general surgery operationsAbhishek Chatterjee
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Dartmouth, NH, USA
J Am Coll Surg 214:937-42. 2012..We aimed to compare common general surgery operations by using the total care time and payment per unit time method in order to demonstrate a more objective measurement for physician reimbursement...
- Bon Secours bounces back. System gets back to basics and soothes rating agencyMelanie Evans
Mod Healthc 35:17. 2005
- [Outlier cases in surgical disciplines. Micro-economic and macro-economic problems]A Tecklenburg
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, OE 1110, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625, Hannover
Chirurg 80:768-72. 2009..To achieve this it is necessary to systematically analyze the extremely cost-intensive cases by experts of different medical disciplines to create a data basis for a proposal of a cost-covering payment...
- Impact of resource-based practice expenses on the Medicare physician volumeStephanie Maxwell
Urban Institute, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 29:65-79. 2007..Service quantity and mix remained the largest source of growth in total RVU volume...
- Monitoring changes in individual surgeon's workloads using anesthesia dataFranklin Dexter
Division of Management Consulting, Department of Anesthesia, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, 6JCP, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Can J Anaesth 59:571-7. 2012..We investigated whether changes in the number of cases performed by surgeons can be used as an appropriate surrogate for anesthesia departments' billed units...
- [Development of a resource-based relative value scale and its conversion factor for advanced nursing practices in the national health insurance]Jin Hyun Kim
College of Nursing, Seoul National University, and Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Acad Nurs 41:302-12. 2011..The purpose of this study was to develop a resource-based relative value scale (RBRVS) and its conversion factor for advanced nursing practices carried out by critical care nurse practitioners (CCNP) in intensive care units...
- Value of trainees in a radiology department. A retrospective semi-quantitative analysisV Vardhanabhuti
Department of Radiology, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, Devon, UK
Clin Radiol 66:629-38. 2011..To examine the productivity (both economic and otherwise) of trainees within a radiology department at our institution...
- Use of physicians' services for Medicare beneficiariesWilliam L Rich
N Engl J Med 357:617; author reply 618-9. 2007
- On the modelling and estimation of attribute rankings with ties in the Thurstonian frameworkWai Yin Poon
Department of Statistics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Br J Math Stat Psychol 62:507-27. 2009..The approach is examined numerically by means of an artificial example and a simulation study and is applied to a study of attribute assessment...
- The cost of intraoperative plastic surgery educationSarah E Sasor
Division of Plastic Surgery, Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana Electronic address
J Surg Educ 70:655-9. 2013..The purpose of this study is to determine the opportunity cost to the attending surgeon for intraoperative teaching during index plastic surgery cases...
- [Evaluating physician's work; lessons from U.S. resource-based relative value system]Hideki Hashimoto
Department of Hygiene and Public Health, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Nihon Geka Gakkai Zasshi 106:258-62. 2005
- [Inpatient nursing--4: Decentralized unbiased bargaining for equal reimbursement status]Dirk Meyer
Inst für Wirtschaftspolitik, Universität der Bundeswehr Hamburg
Pflege Z 57:790-1. 2004
- Beware of payment schemes and bad adviceDavid E Rogers
Tex Med 98:11-2. 2002
- Using FTE and RVU performance measures to assess financial viability of academic nurse-managed centersSusan Vonderheid
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Nurs Econ 22:124-34, 107. 2004..Using a variety of financial performance measures to inform decision making will aid ANMCs in keeping their doors open for business...
- Quantifying physician teaching productivity using clinical relative value unitsM M Yeh
Department of Internal Medicine, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Gen Intern Med 14:617-21. 1999..CONCLUSIONS: We describe an easily customizable method of quantifying physician teaching productivity in terms of clinical RVUs. This system allows equitable recognition of physician efforts in both the educational and clinical arenas...
- Comparison of alternative weight recalibration methods for diagnosis-related groupsJ R Rogowski
RAND Corporation, Washington, DC 20037
Health Care Financ Rev 12:87-101. 1990..At the provider level, charge weights result in higher payments to large urban hospitals and teaching hospitals, relative to cost weights...
- Pay equity and nursing in Ontario: ten years laterR S Schreiber
School of Nursing, University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Int Nurs Rev 47:97-105. 2000..In addition, we highlight lessons that can be learned from the Ontario experience...
- Measuring physicians' productivity in a Veterans' Affairs Medical CenterDavid L Coleman
Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Acad Med 78:682-9. 2003....
- Optimizing capacity: the key to managed care successT M Raczak
MedComp, Lincolnshire, IL 60069, USA
Med Group Manage J 45:32-6. 1998..Capacity analysis can give physicians an accurate comparative view of their practice and help leaders make well-reasoned management decisions. Examples are included...
- How well is it working? Medicare's formula has revolutionized the way you're paid, and not just by the feds. We took a look at the pros and cons 10 years after its birthWayne J Guglielmo
Med Econ 79:69-70, 73. 2002
- Percentage of reimbursement per CPT codeSteven F Isenberg
Ear Nose Throat J 83:612. 2004
- The movement toward vertically integrated regional health systemsF K Ackerman
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
Health Care Manage Rev 17:81-8. 1992..However, in order for these systems to be successful, they must first overcome several imposing barriers...
- Practice management performance indicators in academic radiology departmentsSilvia Ondategui-Parra
Radiology Management Group, Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Radiology 233:716-22. 2004..To determine the management performance indicators most frequently utilized in academic radiology departments in the United States...
- Rural-urban differences in health risks, resource use and expenditures within three state medicaid programs: implications for medicaid managed careJanet M Bronstein
University of Alabama School of Public Health, Birmingham 35294 0022, USA
J Rural Health 18:38-48. 2002..Capitation rates based on historical per enrollee expenditures would not appear to under-reimburse managed care organizations for the care of rural as opposed to urban residents in the study states...
- Comprehensive review of the limitations of relative value unit measurements of productivity in academic departmentsTheodore J Dubinsky
University of Washington Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Ultrasound Q 29:97-102. 2013..This article presents a history of the "relative value unit" and discusses the valuation of radiologist/sonologist productivity in this era of ubiquitous high-technology implementation...
- Use of helical computed tomography for imaging the pediatric cervical spineKathleen M Adelgais
Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84102, USA
Acad Emerg Med 11:228-36. 2004..To determine the differences in resource utilization and radiation exposure between conventional radiography (ConvRad) and helical computed tomography (HCT) when used to survey the pediatric cervical spine (CSp)...
- Tri-service optometry productivity findings and benchmark recommendationAndrew M Archila
Clinical Administration, College of Optometry, State University of New York, 33 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036, USA
Mil Med 172:418-20. 2007..The 2005 Tri-Service Relative Value Unit (RVU) Production for Optometric Services is examined and used as a basis to provide military leadership with a realistic, evidence-based benchmark recommendation...
- Owning the cost of emergency medicine: beyond 2%Michael H Lee
Department of Emergency Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, and the Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI Electronic address
Ann Emerg Med 62:498-505.e3. 2013..We conclude by advocating for a strategy to demonstrate the value and strategic importance of emergency medicine rather than minimizing its role in national health care costs. ..
- Physician payment for 2007: a description of the process by which major changes in valuation of cardiothoracic surgical procedures occurredPeter K Smith
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 83:12-20. 2007..This article recounts the innovative approach taken by the STS during these extended efforts...
- Reimbursement and costs of pediatric ambulatory diabetes care by using the resource-based relative value scale: is multidisciplinary care financially viable?Sanford M Melzer
Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center and Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98105 0371, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 5:133-42. 2004....
- June happenings: significant for specialty?Paula Binder
Ann Fam Med 4:467. 2006
- The resource-based relative value scale and neuroradiology: ASNR's history at the RUCWilliam D Donovan
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, The William W Backus Hospital, Norwich, CT 06360, USA
Neuroimaging Clin N Am 22:421-36. 2012..In recent years, governmental and RUC initiatives have created an unfavorable environment for neuroradiologists to maintain reimbursement levels seen previously...
- [Cost recovery for the treatment of retinal and vitreal diseases by pars plana vitrectomy under the German DRG system]C Framme
Klinik und Poliklinik für Augenheilkunde, Klinikum der Universitat Regensburg, 93042, Regensburg
Ophthalmologe 104:866-74. 2007..It was the aim of this study to check the cost recovery at a University Eye Hospital for the surgical treatment of retinal and vitreal diseases by pars plana vitrectomy (ppV), which are included in DRGs C03Z and C17Z...
- Analysis and practical use: the Abt Study of Medical Physicist Work Values for Radiation Oncology Physics Services--round IIMichael D Mills
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 2:782-9. 2005..Special procedures now dominate radiation oncology, leading to the request for an updated work and staffing study for qualified medical physicists...
- An RBRVS approach to financial analysis in health care organizationsT Rotarius
Department of Health Professions, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, USA
Health Care Manag (Frederick) 19:17-23. 2001Resource-based relative value scales (RBRVS) have altered the outpatient reimbursement system of America's health care system and established a method of standardization whereby the efficiency of medical practices of varying size and ..
- Characteristics and financial performance of a pediatric faculty inpatient attending service: a resource-based relative value scale analysisS M Melzer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine and Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatrics 108:79-84. 2001..Inpatient services in similar payor environments with comparable expenses and staffed by faculty who care for fewer than 9 patients per day will not cover typical faculty salary costs and operating expenses...
- NEUROSCIENCE OF HIV CONFERENCEJoseph Berger; Fiscal Year: 2002..Dr. Brian Wigdahl, international co-chair of the ISNV, is a co-investigator on this grant. ..
- International Celiac Disease SymposiumPeter Green; Fiscal Year: 2006..Funding is crucial for the success of this meeting that will reshape the future of celiac disease both in this country and around the world. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Strategies Against HPV Related Genital Diseases in WomenBradley Monk; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that Dr. Monk will have obtained extramural funding for both his laboratory and clinical studies by the end of the period of support requested. ..
- HIV Neuroprotection WorkshopJoseph Berger; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed conference is the first of its kind to highlight neuroprotection in HIV CNS and PNS disorders. By coupling this meeting with the International Symposium on Neurovirology this synergy can be exploited. ..
- MR PREDICTORS OF RESPONSE TO HAART IN HIV DEMENTIAJoseph Berger; Fiscal Year: 2004..It will also open novel avenues for exploring the differential sensitivities of these pathways to HAART, and suggest unique therapeutic options. ..
- JCV Virus Expression in Oropharynx and HIVJoseph Berger; Fiscal Year: 2004..This line of investigation would add credence to an oropharyngeal mechanism of JCV transmission and may ultimately lead to the clinical identification of an acute illness attributable to this pathogen. ..
- Improving Colorectal Cancer Screening in Primary Care.Dewey Scheid; Fiscal Year: 2004..By applying best practices research methods and taking into account the barriers that each provider faces in their unique practice setting, we hope to find new ways to improve colorectal cancer screening. ..
- Measurement & Use of Utilities in Ovarian Cancer CEADeborah Dobrez; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Outcomes of ICU Working ConditionsPatricia Stone; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, obtaining NNIS and Medicare data creates an opportunity to explore the sensitivity and specificity of identifying NI through claims data. ..
- Targeting AKT as a novel therapy in pancreatic cancerRichard Bold; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results will provide mechanistic as well as pre-clinical data in support of our hypothesis and will allow for the development of novel therapy of human pancreatic cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..