- Giving the boot. Boards should have plan in place for how to remove a troublesome member
Mod Healthc 33:S18. 2003
- Medical staff bylaws in Iowa--a contract?
Iowa Med 98:10. 2008
- A chronic concern no more: how federal medical malpractice caps will survive under the Equal Protection Clause of the United States Constitution
William J Phelan
J Contemp Health Law Policy 23:168-99. 2006
- What constitutional protection for freedom of scientific research?
Corte d Appello, Milano I Milan, Italy
J Med Ethics 33:342-4. 2007
- Spiritual healing, sick kids and the law: inequities in the American healthcare system
Janna C Merrick
Am J Law Med 29:269-99. 2003
- Proposed changes to the hospital-medical staff relationship to improve quality of care
Elizabeth A Snelson
Ann Health Law 12:265-75, table of contents. 2003
..Ms. Snelson advocates for the inclusion of the medical staff organization in exclusive contract and other clinical decision-making, and includes sample bylaw language enacting her recommendations...
- The hospital board at risk and the need to restructure the relationship with the medical staff: bylaws, peer review and related solutions
John P Marren
Hogan Marren, Ltd, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ann Health Law 12:179-234, table of contents. 2003
- Setting a new standard. Joint Commission clarifies divide between board, staff
Mod Healthc 37:12-3. 2007
- JCAHO standards help address disruptive physician behavior
Michael D Youssi
Joint Commission Resources, Inc, Oakbrook Terrace, Ill, USA
Physician Exec 28:12-3. 2002
- The new covenant
Michael H Annison
Westrend Group Ltd, Denver, CO, USA
Mich Health Hosp 38:60-1. 2002
- Skill-building resources for medical staff
Robert M Peterson
Southwest Memorial Hospital, 1311 N Mildred Rd, Cortez, CO 81321, USA
Healthc Exec 17:80-1. 2002
- Federal administrative health courts are unconstitutional: a reply to Elliott, Narayan, and Nasmith
Center for Justice and Democracy
J Health Polit Policy Law 33:799-832. 2008
- Fire the CEO?
- Reverend Tom Patterson
Hosp Health Netw 78:28. 2004
- Physicians on the board: competitive conflicts of interest
Linda L LeCraw
Ropes and Gray, LLP, Washington, DC, USA
Trustee 58:27-8. 2005
- The future for peer review. Florida's constitutional amendment chills quality community
Trustee 58:6-10, 12, 1. 2005
..A new amendment to its state constitution has opened up Florida's peer review meeting notes to the public, with chilling effects on the entire peer review process...
- Bioterrorism defense: are state mandated compulsory vaccination programs an infringement upon a citizen's constitutional rights?
J Law Health 17:241-70. 2002
- A developmental perspective on the ideal of reason in American constitutional law
Anne C Dailey
University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford 06105, USA
J Am Psychoanal Assoc 53:1175-204. 2005
..This developmental approach offers a substantial reworking of constitutional doctrine in the areas of family privacy, parental rights, congressional power, and affirmative welfare rights...
- The organized medical staff: should anyone care anymore?
Alice G Gosfield
Alice G Gosfield and Associates, RC, 2309 Delancey Place, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA
J Med Pract Manage 20:210-6. 2005
- [Sources of law]
M Gutierrez Luna
Audiencia Provincial de Cádiz, Sección de Algeciras, Cadiz
Neurologia 19:3-6. 2004
..The Spanish legal system is hierarchical, the rules coming from community law are within the peak of the pyramidal structure, with preference on the constitution, followed by laws and rules...
- AHA blasts staffing standards. JCAHO's proposed changes 'lack clarity and precision'
Mod Healthc 36:10. 2006
- Improving privileging and credentialing. Go beyond the minimum standards with best practices
Julie T Chyna
Healthc Exec 20:50-1. 2005
- Addressing the phenomenon of disruptive physician behavior
Llewellyn E Piper
Onslow Memorial Hospital, Jacksonville, NC 28541, USA
Health Care Manag (Frederick) 22:335-9. 2003
..Of emphasis is a methodology that includes supporting bylaws and policies to manage disruptive physician behavior...
- Georgia Court of Appeals reaffirms importance of adherence to medical staff bylaws in physician medical staff privilege matter
Robert C Threlkeld
Morris, Manning and Martin Litigation and Healthcare Practice Groups
J Med Assoc Ga 95:13-5. 2006
- Have your medical staff bylaws reviewed by independent legal counsel
Daniel J Schulte
Ker, Russell and Weber, PLC, USA
Mich Med 103:7-8. 2004
- The legal basis of the right to rehabilitation in the Italian Constitution
F P Casavola
National Committee of Bioethics, Via V Padula 26, Parco Manzoni, Naples, Italy
J Nephrol 21:S30-1. 2008
- Mental illness is not the same as incompetence: voting rights, archaic laws, & stigmatizing language
Shirley A Smoyak
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 45:8-9. 2007
- Constitutional limits to the financing of health care in the Czech Republic and in selected European countries
Department of Social Medicine and Health Care Administration, Medical Faculty, Masaryk University, Czech Republic
Med Law 22:659-67. 2003
..The Czech Republic is one of the exceptional cases in which the basic right to health care free-of-charge on the basis of public insurance is given directly by the Constitution...
- A tripartite threat to medical records privacy: technology, HIPAA's privacy rule and the USA Patriot Act
Nathan J Wills
J Law Health 17:271-96. 2002
- "Knickel" and dime issues: an unexplored loophole in New York's genetic discrimination statute and the viability of genetic testing in the sports employment context
Paul D Trumble
Albany Law Rev 70:771-93. 2007
- The Constitution at the threshold of life and death: a suggested approach to accommodate an interest in life and a right to die
Michael P Allen
Stetson University College of Law, USA
Am Univ Law Rev 53:971-1020. 2004
- Abortion decisions and the duty to screen: clinical, ethical, and legal implications of predictive risk factors of post-abortion maladjustment
David C Reardon
J Contemp Health Law Policy 20:33-114. 2003
- Dr. Discontent
Hosp Health Netw 76:34-8, 40-3. 2002
..What's more, many physicians are setting up niche facilities that compete directly with hospitals in the most lucrative service lines...
- Congress, controlled substances, and physician-assisted suicide--elephants in mouseholes
George J Annas
Department of Health Law, Bioethics, and Human Rights, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 354:1079-84. 2006
- Privacy versus the public's right to know. Presidential health and the White House physician
Aaron Seth Kesselheim
PGY 1, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Leg Med 23:523-45. 2002
- Corporate basics. Turning fundamentals into a routine matter
Iseman, Cunningham, Riester and Hyde, LLP, Albany, NY, USA
Emerg Med Serv 34:78-82, 85. 2005
- ANA--an undecided direction
K Lynn Wieck
Tex Nurs 76:8-11, 14. 2002
- Technologies to detect concealed weapons: fourth amendment limits on a new public health and law enforcement tool
Jon S Vernick
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, USA
J Law Med Ethics 31:567-79. 2003
- Do a law's policy implications affect beliefs about its constitutionality? An experimental test
Joshua R Furgeson
Argosy Foundation, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Law Hum Behav 32:219-27. 2008
..The opposite pattern held for conservatives. The experimental manipulation significantly affected even those participants who believed their policy preferences had no influence on their constitutional decisions...
- Back to basics 2. Why do health care trustees need D&O liability insurance?
Horty, Springer and Mattern, P C, Pittsburgh, Penn, USA
Trustee 55:15-8. 2002
- ANA changes--what could this mean to SCNA
Gwen A Davis
S C Nurse 15:4. 2008
- A shared constitutionalism: stem cells and the case for transatlanticism
University of Idaho College of Law, USA
J Contemp Health Law Policy 22:476-96. 2006
- Only vital need justifies primate experiments
Richard M Lebovitz
Nature 418:273. 2002
- The constitutionality of random drug and alcohol testing of students in secondary schools
Administration, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Adolesc Med Health 18:21-5. 2006
..Drug and alcohol testing programs in secondary schools may still be challenged on its legality. Therefore, examining court sanctioned programs and their long-term efficacy statistics is recommended...
- Nutrition and hydration. The CDF response, in perspective
John J Hardt
Neiswanger Institute for Bioethics and Health Policy, Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, USA
Health Prog 88:44-7. 2007
- Do Fourteenth Amendment considerations outweigh a potential state interest in mandating cochlear implantation for deaf children?
Denise G Bender
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, College of Allied Health, Program in Rehabilitation Sciences, 801 NE 13th St, Oklahoma City 73104, USA
J Deaf Stud Deaf Educ 9:104-11. 2004
..The author uses previous cases as a framework to develop an opinion on whether a constitutional protection for parents may exist...
- Emerging neurotechnologies for lie detection and the fifth amendment
Sarah E Stoller
New York University School of Law, USA
Am J Law Med 33:359-75. 2007
- Fear and the First Amendment
R Alta Charo
University of Wisconsin, USA
Hastings Cent Rep 36:12-3. 2006
- What are acquired rights in Canon Law?
Neumann College, Aston, PA, USA
Health Prog 88:16-7. 2007
- Revised BYLAWS of the Biological Stain Commission
David P Penney
Biological Stain Commission
Biotech Histochem 80:1-6. 2005
- "Holding fast to the mission and works proper to the institute"
Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration, LaCrosse, WI USA
Health Prog 88:13-4. 2007
- Health care coverage should be amendment XXVIII--not a business commodity
Robert G Levitt
Washington University School of Medicine, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, St Louis, MO, USA
Mo Med 102:422-3. 2005
- Trustees of the Year 2007. Behavior modification. Ochs revamps board bylaws in wake of power struggle
Mod Healthc 37:30. 2007
- The influence of the rulings of the Constitutional Court on the development of health law in Lithuania
Mykolas Romeris University in Vilnius, Lithuania
Eur J Health Law 14:321-33. 2007
..The analysis is based on the jurisprudence of the Constitutional Court. Two cases on the disputes of the legal regulation concerning the pharmaceutical activities are presented in more detail...
- Radiology of adolescent slipped capital femoral epiphysis: measurement of epiphyseal angles and diagnosis
Orthopädische Abteilung, Städtisches Krankenhaus Sindelfingen, Sindelfingen
Oper Orthop Traumatol 19:329-44. 2007
..Measurement of the projected epiphyseal angle on the radiograph as the basis for possible conversion into anatomically correct angles at the proximal femur. Preoperative planning of therapeutic surgical procedures...
- Bioactivity of new mu and delta opioid peptides
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Salerno, Via Ponte Don Melillo 84084 Fisciano, Italy
Med Chem 3:480-7. 2007
- Stability of doripenem in vitro in representative infusion solutions and infusion bags
Petros A Psathas
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Raritan, New Jersey 08869, USA
Clin Ther 30:2075-87. 2008
..According to the US prescribing information, the carbapenems imipenem and meropenem are stable in sodium chloride for 4 hours...
- [Historical consideration of tea trees and tea flowers, especially regarding the use of tea flowers as food]
Pharmaceutical Research and Technology Institute, Kinki University, 3 4 1 Kowakae, Higashi Osaka, Osaka 577 8502
Yakushigaku Zasshi 43:16-32. 2008
..The process that they were regarded as important with the time was investigated and reported here...
- [Ethical and legal aspects of animal experiments on non-human primates]
Institut für Tierschutz und Tierverhalten des Fachbereichs Veterinärmedizin der Freien Universität Berlin
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 114:81-5. 2007
..Actually in summer 2006, a proposal for fundamental research using mon-..
- [Role of specialized care services of the national health service in the new framework for the prevention of occupational risks (I)]
J M Goicoechea Iribarren
, , E 50008 Zaragoza
Rev Neurol 31:873-6. 2000
..4) To take into account sentry pathology in conditions of unknown origin. (5) To make a specific control of the health of all workers, particularly those who work with dangerous products or substances...
- Unborn children as constitutional persons
Gregory J Roden
Issues Law Med 25:185-273. 2010
..Moreover, as a matter of procedure, according to the due process standards recognized in Fifth Amendment jurisprudence of the Supreme Court, Roe v. Wade should be held null and void as to the rights and interests of unborn persons...
- Children's media policy
Amy B Jordan
Annenberg Public Policy Center, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Future Child 18:235-53. 2008
..The need for research in informing and evaluating media policy, she says, has never been greater...
- [Production and cytogenetics of hybrids of Ogura CMS Brassica campestris var. purpuraria x Raphanus sativus x Brassica napus]
Bang Quan Huang
Biology Department of Hubei University, Wuhan 430062, China
Yi Chuan Xue Bao 29:467-70. 2002
..napus. It seems possible for us to overcome the chlorophyll deficiency and honey gland abnormality and restore the male fertility in Ogura CMS by introduction of the nucleus of R. sativus into this cytoplasmic male sterile line...
- [Determination of placement of anterior teeth in removable dental prostheses]
Klinika za stomatologiju, 21000 Novi Sad, Hajduk Veljkova 12
Med Pregl 55:490-4. 2002
..The following review takes account of the majority of papers published during the last 100 years. The review has been divided into sections regarding the method used to determine the position of artificial anterior teeth...
- Clinically significant drug interactions with antidepressants in the elderly
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, Section of Pharmacology, University of Messina, Policlinico Universitario, Messina, Italy
Drugs Aging 19:299-320. 2002
..Among other newer antidepressants, nefazodone is a potent inhibitor of CYP3A4 and its combination with substrates of this isoform should be avoided...
- Influence of follicular fluid meiosis-activating sterol on aneuploidy rate and precocious chromatid segregation in aged mouse oocytes
Research Laboratories of Schering AG, Berlin, Germany
Hum Reprod 22:815-28. 2007
..Reduced expression of cohesion and checkpoint proteins and predivision has been hypothesized to occur in age-related aneuploidy in oocytes...
- [A paradigm change in German academic medicine. Merger and privatization as exemplified with the university hospitals in Marburg and Giessen]
Abteilung Innere Medizin Kardiologie, Universitatsklinik, Marburg
Herz 30:153-8. 2005
..This risk also applies for the university if the transfer should come from hospital to the university. These costs would add to the financial burden, which has to be carried in addition to the DRGs...
- Ethics and constitutional government
James A Albright
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 77130, USA
J Long Term Eff Med Implants 17:35-9. 2007
..It would flourish. The eminence of this country did not develop from a strong central government. It is due to its absence, but we are rapidly reaching a point of no return...
- [The age of formation of Czech clinical medicine]
I chirurgická klinika 1 LF UK a VFN, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 141:742-4. 2002
..Most of the eminent members of the Medical faculty remained at the German faculty. However, having higher number of students the Czech faculty became larger and was attended by students from the whole Slavonic world...
- Virtual surveillance of communicable diseases: a 20-year experience in France
Réseau Sentinelles, INSERM UMR S707, Paris, France
Stat Methods Med Res 15:413-21. 2006
..Extension of electronic syndromic surveillance is needed in the world for improving surveillance capacities and real-time response against emerging diseases...
- Prenatal diagnosis of female monozygotic twins discordant for Turner syndrome: implications for prenatal genetic counselling
centre pluridisciplinaire de diagnostic prénatal, CHRU Dupuytren, Limoges, France
Prenat Diagn 22:697-702. 2002
..These results suggest that, in cases of prenatal diagnosis of MZ female twins discordant for TS, the phenotype of each twin would be better predicted from karyotype analysis of cells from amniotic fluid than from fetal blood...
- Etoposide induces heritable chromosomal aberrations and aneuploidy during male meiosis in the mouse
Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94550, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:3952-7. 2001
..This finding suggests that individuals who undergo chemotherapy with etoposide may be at a higher risk for abnormal reproductive outcomes especially within the 2 months after chemotherapy...
- [A 10-year-review (1998 - 2007) on 3449 cases of osteoporotic hip fractures: trend of hospitalization and inpatient costs]
Zhi an Cheng
Department of Orthopedics, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Traditional Chinese Medicine University, Guangzhou 510120, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 29:1128-31. 2008
- Polymorphisms in PPARD, PPARG and APM1 associated with four types of traditional Chinese medicine constitutions
Human Genetics Center of Yunnan University, Kunming, China
J Genet Genomics 37:371-9. 2010
..These results suggested that single SNP and haplotypes of PPARD, PPARG and APM1 may underlie the genetic basis of the constitutions classified in TCM...
- Foreword: can Glucksberg survive Lawrence? Another look at the end of life and personal autonomy
University of San Diego and University of Michigan, USA
Mich Law Rev 106:1453-78. 2008
..Allowing a patient to die at some point is a practical condition upon the successful operation of medicine. The same can hardly be said of PAS...
- Humic substances. Part 1: Dissolved humic substances (HS) in aquaculture and ornamental fish breeding
Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries, Müggelseedamm 310, 12587 Berlin, Germany
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 15:17-22. 2008
..In contrast to the huge number of pathogens, only a few substances are permitted for application as therapeutics in German aquaculture. Hence, there emerges an urgent need for highly effective and residueless alternatives...
- Three-dimensional wall structure and the innervation of dental pulp blood vessels
Department of Oral Anatomy and Cell Biology, Faculty of Dental Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Microsc Res Tech 56:32-41. 2002
- Homoeologous chromosome pairing in the distant hybrid Alstroemeria aurea x A. inodora and the genome composition of its backcross derivatives determined by fluorescence in situ hybridization with species-specific probes
S A Kamstra
Laboratory of Plant Breeding, The Graduate School of Experimental Plant Sciences, Wageningen Agricultural University, The Netherlands
Heredity (Edinb) 82:69-78. 1999
..The relevance of these results for the process of introgression and the origin of n and 2n gametes are discussed...
- Clinical-practice recommendations for the management of bowel obstruction in patients with end-stage cancer
Rehabilitation and Palliative Care Division, National Cancer Institute of Milan, Italy
Support Care Cancer 9:223-33. 2001
..A collaborative approach involving both surgeons and physicians can offer patients an individualized and appropriate symptom management plan...
- Species relationships among the wild B genome of Arachis species (section Arachis) based on FISH mapping of rDNA loci and heterochromatin detection: a new proposal for genome arrangement
Laboratorio de Citogenética y Evolución, Instituto de Botánica del Nordeste, Corrientes, Argentina
Theor Appl Genet 121:1033-46. 2010
..The data provided here will facilitate the identification of the most suitable species for the development of prebreeding materials for further improvement of cultivated peanut...
- Genome analysis of Elytrigia pycnantha and Thinopyrum junceiforme and of their putative natural hybrid using the GISH technique
Universite de Rennes 1, UMR 6553 Ecobio, France
Genome 44:708-15. 2001
..On the basis of these data, the genome formula SPSESEE is suggested for this hybrid and it is also suggested that the two species E. pycnantha and Th. junceiforme are the parents of the pentaploid hybrid...
- A "conservative" method of thoracic wall dissection: a proposal for teaching human anatomy
Department of Human Anatomy, University of Rome La Sapienza, Via Alfonso Borelli, 50 00161 Rome, Italy
Ital J Anat Embryol 113:187-95. 2008
- [The current situation regarding guarantees of legal rights to social welfare and nursing care in Japan: based on an analysis of adjudications spanning the period 1960 to 2005]
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba
Nihon Koshu Eisei Zasshi 56:411-7. 2009
..To clarify whether people who need social care are legally guaranteed a "right to receive nursing-care services" as a living right in Japan...
- [Association of chinese medicine constitution and human leukocyte antigen-DQA1 gene polymorphism with outcomes of hepatitis B virus infection]
Yun hao Xun
The Sixth People s Hospital of Hangzhou
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 30:141-5. 2010
- Profile and role of the members of ethics committees in hospitals and research organisations in Pune, India
Clinical Trials Unit, National AIDS Research Institute, 73 G, MIDC, Bhosari, PO 1895, Pune 411 026, India
Indian J Med Ethics 6:78-84. 2009
..Appropriate constitution of ethics committees (EC) is crucial to ensure a high quality review of research proposals. We studied the profile and role of EC members of Pune-based health and research organisations...
- Brain organization in a reptile lacking sex chromosomes: effects of gonadectomy and exogenous testosterone
Institute of Reproductive Biology, Department of Zoology, University of Texas at Austin 78712, USA
Horm Behav 30:474-86. 1996
..This is the first demonstration in a vertebrate that factors other than steroid hormones can modify the organization and functional activity of sexually differentiated brain areas...
- Genetic, morphometric and immunohistochemical markers of latent coeliac disease
S D Johnston
Department of Medicine, Queen s University, Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 11:1283-8. 1999
- Some structural characteristics of the inguinal region in the northern Croatia
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Sestre Milosrdnice, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 22:515-24. 1998
..e. between the classic hernia repair and endoscopic approach for prosthetic mesh implantation...
- Genetic constitution of parthenogenetic form of Polydrusus inustus (Coleoptera: Curculionidae)--hints of hybrid origin and recombinations
Institute of Systematics and Evolution of Animals, Polish Academy of Sciences, Sławkowska 17, 31 016 Krakow, Poland
Folia Biol (Krakow) 57:149-56. 2009
..It is supported by recently cytogenetic studies indicating rare meiotic stages during the oogenesis of triploids of P. inustus...
- A review of major influences on current public health policy in developed countries in the second half of the 20th century
Division of Community Health Sciences, University of Dundee, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee DD2 4BF, Scotland
J R Soc Promot Health 126:73-8. 2006
..The challenges it faces in tackling problems such as obesity, inequalities in health, smoking, alcohol and substance abuse are great and will require policies which tackle the economic, social and environmental determinants of health...
- The constitution, physical properties and biocompatibility of modified accelerated cement
Department of Building and Civil Engineering, Faculty of Architecture and Civil Engineering, University of Malta, Malta
Dent Mater 24:341-50. 2008
..The aim of this study was to determine constitution and physical properties of a prototype material based on Portland cement and assess biocompatibility compared with glass-ionomer cement by evaluating cell morphology...
- [The debate concerning the classification of depression that predominantly occurred in the United Kingdom from 1926 to 1957: the discovery and reappraisal of "mild endogenous depression"]
Department of Psychiatry, Toranomon Branch Hospital
Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 111:486-501. 2009
- [Sodium selenite reduces acute radiogenic damage of the rat parotid glands during fractionated irradiation]
Klinik und Poliklinik Fur Hals, Nasen und Ohrenheilkunde des Universitätsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Universitat Hamburg, Hamburg
HNO 52:1067-75. 2004
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the cytoprotective potency of sodium selenite during conventional fractionated irradiation of rat salivary glands, but also on tumor response and metastasis frequency of rhabdomyosarcomas R1H...
- [Study on the epidemiological significance related to community-structural difference of the rat plague host and vectors in Western Yunnan, China]
Ai guo Wu
Yunnan Institute for Endemic Disease Control and Prevention, Dali 671000, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 29:346-50. 2008
..To study the epidemiological significance of community-structural difference regarding both small mammal and flea communities on Rattus flavipectus in Dehong and Baoshan areas, Yunnan province, during 1982 to 1996...
- An animal model of cigarette smoke-induced in utero growth retardation
Emily R Esposito
University of Louisville Birth Defects Center, Department of Molecular, Cellular and Craniofacial Biology, University of Louisville, ULSD, 501 South Preston Street, Suite 301, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Toxicology 246:193-202. 2008
..The data also identify a period of susceptibility to in utero cigarette smoke exposure-induced growth retardation and LBW during pre-/peri-implantation embryonic development...
- A comparative analysis of the clotting and fibrinolytic activities of the snake venom (Bothrops atrox) from different geographical areas in Venezuela
Ana Maria Salazar
Laboratorio de Fisiopatologia, Centro de Medicina Experimental, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas, Apartado 21827, Caracas 1020A, Venezuela
Thromb Res 120:95-104. 2007
..This venom had the lowest coagulant activity, which induced us to think that probably its procoagulant activity was interfered by its fibrinolytic activity...
- The epidemic tendency of dental caries prevalence of school students from 1991 to 2005 in China
Department of Child and Maternal Care, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 30:132-7. 2010
..Therefore, financial support on school oral health care should be increased, and a national school oral health service network should be set up...
- Comprehensive and definitive molecular cytogenetic characterization of HeLa cells by spectral karyotyping
Genome Technology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 59:141-50. 1999
- Analysis of the constitution of the beer yeast genome by PCR, sequencing and subtelomeric sequence hybridization
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS URA 1925, Institut National Agronomique, Thiverval Grignon, France
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 51:1607-18. 2001
- Candidate genes of cerebral infarction and traditional classification in Koreans with cerebral infarction
Jae Young Um
Department of Pharmacology, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Neurosci 115:743-56. 2005
..These results suggest that ApoE and AGN polymorphism predict CI, but Sasang constitutional classification does not enhance the risk for CI associated with ApoE/e4 or AGN/TT in a Korean population...
- Chromosome pairing in allotetraploid hybrids of Festuca pratensis x Lolium perenne revealed by genomic in situ hybridization (GISH)
Institute of Plant Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Strzeszynska 34, 60 479, Poznan, Poland
Chromosome Res 16:575-85. 2008
- Sjögren's syndrome and MALT lymphomas of salivary glands: a DNA-cytometric and interphase-cytogenetic study
Institute of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munchen, Germany
Mod Pathol 13:4-12. 2000
..It is unclear whether the documented chromosomal aberrations in LG-MALT-L, especially increased rate of trisomy 18, indicate a pathogenic impact or merely reflect genetic instability...