Summary: An organized procedure carried out by a select committee of professionals in evaluating the performance of other professionals in meeting the standards of their specialty. Review by peers is used by editors in the evaluation of articles and other papers submitted for publication. Peer review is used also in the evaluation of grant applications. It is applied also in evaluating the quality of health care provided to patients.
Publications269 found, 100 shown here
- Does masking author identity improve peer review quality? A randomized controlled trial. PEER InvestigatorsA C Justice
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University Hospitals of Cleveland and Case Western Reserve University, Ohio 44106, USA
JAMA 280:240-2. 1998..Specifically, well-known authors may receive less objective (poorer quality) reviews. One study at a single journal found a small improvement in review quality when reviewers were masked to author identity...
- An evidence-based practice guideline for the peer review of electronic search strategiesMargaret Sampson
Department of Information Studies, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, Wales, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 62:944-52. 2009..literature search strategies are required for systematic reviews; however, no guidelines exist for their peer review. Poor searches may fail to identify existing evidence because of inadequate recall (sensitivity) or increase ..
- A reliability-generalization study of journal peer reviews: a multilevel meta-analysis of inter-rater reliability and its determinantsLutz Bornmann
Max Planck Society, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e14331. 2010..This paper presents the first meta-analysis for the inter-rater reliability (IRR) of journal peer reviews. IRR is defined as the extent to which two or more independent reviews of the same scientific document agree...
- The development of open access journal publishing from 1993 to 2009Mikael Laakso
HANKEN School of Economics, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 6:e20961. 2011..Based on the sampling results and qualitative data a division into three distinct periods is suggested: The Pioneering years (1993-1999), the Innovation years (2000-2004), and the Consolidation years (2005-2009)...
- Editorial peer reviewers' recommendations at a general medical journal: are they reliable and do editors care?Richard L Kravitz
Department of Medicine, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10072. 2010Editorial peer review is universally used but little studied...
- Statistical reviewers improve reporting in biomedical articles: a randomized trialErik Cobo
Department of Statistics and Operations Research, Technological University of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 2:e332. 2007Although peer review is widely considered to be the most credible way of selecting manuscripts and improving the quality of accepted papers in scientific journals, there is little evidence to support its use...
- Peer assessment of competenceJohn J Norcini
Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Med Educ 37:539-43. 2003..This instalment in the series on professional assessment summarises how peers are used in the evaluation process and whether their judgements are reliable and valid...
- The ups and downs of peer reviewDale J Benos
Department of Physiology, Nutrition, and Vision Sciences, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Adv Physiol Educ 31:145-52. 2007This article traces the history of peer review of scientific publications, plotting the development of the process from its inception to its present-day application...
- Methodology and reports of systematic reviews and meta-analyses: a comparison of Cochrane reviews with articles published in paper-based journalsA R Jadad
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
JAMA 280:278-80. 1998..Ideally, reviews should include strategies to minimize bias and to maximize precision and be reported so explicitly that any interested reader would be able to replicate them...
- Healthcare system intervention for prevention of birth injuries - process evaluation of self-assessment, peer review, feedback and agreement for changeMonica E Nyström
Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics, Medical Management Centre, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, SE, 171 77, Sweden
BMC Health Serv Res 12:274. 2012..for the prevention of birth injuries with the aim to elucidate how the main interventions of self-assessment, peer review, feedback and written agreement for change affected the teams and their mental model of patient safety, and ..
- A novel approach to quality improvement in a safety-net practice: concurrent peer review visitsKevin Fiscella
Department of Family Medicine, University of Rochester, New York, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 102:1231-6. 2010Concurrent peer review visits are structured office visits conducted by clinician peers of the primary care clinician that are specifically designed to reduce competing demands, clinical inertia, and bias...
- Radiological peer review of interval cancers in the East Anglian breast screening programme: what are we missing? East Anglian Breast Screening ProgrammeJ McCann
Cancer Intelligence Unit, University of Cambridge, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Worts Causeway, UK
J Med Screen 8:77-85. 2001..To determine whether association between classification of interval cancers (false negative, minimal sign, true interval, occult) and tumour characteristics can indicate areas for improvement in effectiveness of screening...
- Conflicts of interest in medical science: peer usage, peer review and 'CoI consultancy'Bruce G Charlton
Med Hypotheses 63:181-6. 2004..The primary evaluation process of applied science is peer review, not peer usage...
- Effect of blinding and unmasking on the quality of peer review: a randomized trialS van Rooyen
BMJ, London, England
JAMA 280:234-7. 1998Little research has been conducted into the quality of peer review and, in particular, the effects of blinding peer reviewers to authors' identities or masking peer reviewers' identities.
- Peer review: an effective approach to cultivating lecturing virtuosityPeter McLeod
Centre for Medical Education, McGill University, Canada
Med Teach 35:e1046-51. 2013..Most university faculty members are expected to teach. Many would benefit from instruction designed to improve lecturing...
- A Peer Review Intervention for Monitoring and Evaluating sites (PRIME) that improved randomized controlled trial conduct and performanceJ Athene Lane
School of Social and Community Medicine, University of Bristol, Canynge Hall, 39 Whatley Road, Bristol BS8 2PS, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 64:628-36. 2011..We aimed to develop a site monitoring process using peer reviewers to improve staff training, site performance, data collection, and GCP compliance...
- Poor reporting of search strategy and conflict of interest in over 250 narrative and systematic reviews of two biologic agents in arthritis: a systematic reviewAimee Kendall Roundtree
The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 62:128-37. 2009..To evaluate the quality of reviews about etanercept (ETN) and infliximab (IFX), two biologic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Ghost- and guest-authored pharmaceutical industry-sponsored studies: abuse of academic integrity, the peer review system, and public trustDennis K Flaherty
Department of Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Charleston, Charleston, WV, USA
Ann Pharmacother 47:1081-3. 2013..A failure to curb ghost and guest authorship will result in an erosion of trust in the peer-review system, academic research, and health care paradigms. ..
- Measuring performance directly using the veterans health administration electronic medical record: a comparison with external peer reviewJoseph L Goulet
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, and VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Med Care 45:73-9. 2007..Electronic medical records systems (EMR) contain many directly analyzable data fields that may reduce the need for extensive chart review, thus allowing for performance measures to be assessed on a larger proportion of patients in care...
- The UK National Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Resources and Outcomes Project--a feasibility study of large-scale clinical service peer reviewChristopher M Roberts
Clinical Effectiveness and Evaluation Unit, Royal College of Physicians and Professor, Medical Education Queen Mary University of London Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
J Eval Clin Pract 16:927-32. 2010..This study aims to assess the impact of mutual peer review on service improvement...
- Community pharmacists' perceptions of medicines use reviews and quality assurance by peer reviewGeoffrey Harding
Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, Exeter, UK
Pharm World Sci 32:381-5. 2010..To explore existing mechanism to ensure quality assurance of medicine use reviews (MURs), and to identify those parameters of an MUR that community pharmacists consider as indicators of quality...
- Reviewers' perceptions of the peer review process for a medical education journalLinda Snell
Centre for Medical Education and Division of General Internal Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Med Educ 39:90-7. 2005..of the review process, benefits of reviewing, opinions about blinded versus transparent reviews, how the process of reviewing might be made easier, and to assess reviewers' experience of, and training in, the peer review process.
- RANZCR 2006 peer review audit instrumentJ Toohey
Department of Radiation Oncology, North Coast Cancer Institute, Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 52:403-13. 2008..volume coverage and critical structure dose; (iv) altering performance criteria scoring to be sensitive to peer review when no consensus can be reached; and (v) strengthening instructions for use and notes to improve comprehension ..
- Addressing conflicts of interest and clouding of objectivity: BJSM's "peer review: fair review" sectionKarim M Khan
Centre for Hip Health and Musculoskeletal Research and Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Br J Sports Med 42:79. 2008
- Defending the boundaries of science: AIDS denialism, peer review and the Medical Hypotheses sagaNicoli Nattrass
AIDS and Society Research Unit, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Sociol Health Illn 33:507-21. 2011..work undertaken by HIV scientists and activists against the journal Medical Hypotheses over its lack of peer review. Their action was sparked by the publication of an article by Peter Duesberg claiming that HIV does not cause ..
- Experience of six years of a regional peer review scheme in rheumatologyH Piper
Department of Rheumatology, University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, Walsgrave Hospital, Clifford Bridge Road, Coventry CV2 2DX, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:1110-5. 2006Following discussions on peer review by the British Society for Rheumatology, the West Midlands Rheumatology Service and Training Committee established a peer review scheme for the West Midlands in 1998...
- [Peer review in ICU]Jan Peter Braun
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Charité Centrum, Berlin
Z Evid Fortbild Qual Gesundhwes 106:566-70. 2012..The process is a learning experience for all involved and is highly satisfying to the participants. The exchange of experience is an essential part of quality control...
- Peer review in diagnostic radiology: current state and a vision for the futureShmuel Mahgerefteh
Department of Radiology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, PO Box 12000, Jerusalem, Israel
Radiographics 29:1221-31. 2009..b>Peer review, a key process in physician performance evaluation, is geared primarily toward measuring diagnostic accuracy...
- The assessment of criterion audit cycles by external peer review - when is an audit not an audit?Paul Bowie
NHS Education for Scotland, Glasgow, UK
J Eval Clin Pract 13:352-7. 2007..Given the potential for improving audit practice, this study aimed to define the methodological factors that contributed to 'unsatisfactory' audits as judged by peer assessors...
- The morbidity and mortality conference: the delicate nature of learning from errorJay D Orlander
Boston University Residency Program, Section of General Internal Medicine and Epidemiology, VA Boston Health Care System, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
Acad Med 77:1001-6. 2002....
- The validity of peer review in a general medicine journalJeffrey L Jackson
Division of General Medicine, Zablocki VA Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22475. 2011..All the opinions in this article are those of the authors and should not be construed to reflect, in any way, those of the Department of Veterans Affairs...
- The relationship of previous training and experience of journal peer reviewers to subsequent review qualityMichael L Callaham
Division of Emergency Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, United States of America
PLoS Med 4:e40. 2007b>Peer review is considered crucial to the selection and publication of quality science, but very little is known about the previous experiences and training that might identify high-quality peer reviewers...
- Results of a longitudinal study of rigorous manuscript submission guidelines designed to improve the quality of clinical research reporting in a peer-reviewed surgical journalKathryn E Wynne
Department of Surgery, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:131-7. 2011..This study was conducted to evaluate whether these guidelines improved reporting of observational studies...
- Mapping changes in surgical mortality over 9 years by peer review auditA M Thompson
Department of Surgery and Molecular Oncology, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Br J Surg 92:1449-52. 2005..There is increasing public scrutiny of deaths among surgical patients. This analysis sought evidence of changes in practice over time in the management of patients who died under surgical care...
- Peer review: a flawed process at the heart of science and journalsRichard Smith
J R Soc Med 99:178-82. 2006
- Longitudinal trends in the performance of scientific peer reviewersMichael Callaham
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Ann Emerg Med 57:141-8. 2011..We characterize changes in review quality by individual peer reviewers over time...
- What is the future of peer review? Why is there fraud in science? Is plagiarism out of control? Why do scientists do bad things? Is it all a case of: "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"?Chris R Triggle
School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Vasc Health Risk Manag 3:39-53. 2007b>Peer review is an essential component of the process that is universally applied prior to the acceptance of a manuscript, grant or other scholarly work...
- Scientific Journals are "faith based": is there science behind peer review?Faina Linkov
J R Soc Med 99:596-8. 2006
- Radiologist review versus group peer review of claimed responses in a phase II study on high-dose ifosfamide in advanced soft tissue sarcomas of the adult: a study of the EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma GroupS J Gwyther
East Surrey Hospital, Surrey and Sussex NHS Trust, Redhill, UK
Anticancer Drugs 11:433-7. 2000..a response submitted the relevant chest radiographs (CXR) or scans to two other members of the STBSG for peer review. The reviewers completed a questionnaire indicating overall response or reasons for rejecting the claimed ..
- Research ethics II: Mentoring, collaboration, peer review, and data management and ownershipJennifer Horner
College of Health Sciences and Professions, Ohio University, W380 Grover Center, Athens, OH 45701, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 54:S330-45. 2011..In Research Ethics II, the authors review the RCR domains of mentoring, collaboration, peer review, and data management and ownership.
- Quality control of epidemiological lectures online: scientific evaluation of peer reviewFaina Linkov
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Croat Med J 48:249-55. 2007To examine the feasibility of using peer review for the quality control of online materials.
- A report card system using error profile analysis and concurrent morbidity and mortality review: surgical outcome analysis, part IIAnthony C Antonacci
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
J Surg Res 153:95-104. 2009....
- Is peer review in crisis?A Mulligan
Elsevier, The Boulevard, Langford Lane, Kidlington Oxford, OX5 IGB, United Kingdom
Oral Oncol 41:135-41. 2005
- Medical journals are an extension of the marketing arm of pharmaceutical companiesRichard Smith
UnitedHealth Europe, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 2:e138. 2005
- Peer assessment of professional competenceElaine F Dannefer
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Med Educ 39:713-22. 2005..This study describes the development, implementation and results of peer assessment as a measure of professional competence of medical students to be used for formative purposes...
- Open access will mean peer review will become "the job of the many, not the select few"Robert Short
BMJ 334:330. 2007
- Evaluating an instrument for the peer review of inpatient teachingThomas J Beckman
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Clinic Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Med Teach 25:131-5. 2003The purpose of this study was to assess an instrument for the peer review of inpatient teaching at Mayo...
- The fate of epidemiologic manuscripts: a study of papers submitted to epidemiologySusan A Hall
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Epidemiology 18:262-5. 2007..Little is known about the success rate of epidemiologic manuscripts, or the number of rejections they may go through before being published...
- Point: Statistical analysis in NIH peer review--identifying innovationDavid Kaplan
Case School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, 2103 Cornell Rd, Cleveland, OH 44106 7288, USA
FASEB J 21:305-8. 2007
- An examination of sources of peer-review biasJessica L Blackburn
Department of Psychology, Bowling Green State University, OH 43403, USA
Psychol Sci 17:378-82. 2006..The ratings were converted into z scores, and differences in reliability and acceptance decisions were examined. Implications for current peer-review practices are discussed...
- Peer review interrater concordance of scientific abstracts: a study of anesthesiology subspecialty and component societiesIra Todd Cohen
Department of Anesthesiology and Pediatrics, Children s National Medical Center, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Anesth Analg 102:1501-3. 2006Abstracts presented at anesthesiology subspeciality and component society meetings are chosen by peer review. We assessed this process by examining selection criteria and determining interrater concordance...
- Sample size and precision in NIH peer reviewDavid Kaplan
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2761. 2008The Working Group on Peer Review of the Advisory Committee to the Director of NIH has recommended that at least 4 reviewers should be used to assess each grant application...
- Passive smoking: peer review and press releaseRonald M Davis
BMJ 327:503; author reply 504-5. 2003
- Can peer review contribute to earlier detection of breast cancer? A quality initiative to learn from false-negative mammogramsEmily C Siegal
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Lahey Clinic Medical Center, Burlington, Massachusetts 01805, USA
Breast J 14:330-4. 2008..We describe a peer review process implemented at Lahey Clinic to identify false-negative mammograms...
- Through a glass darkly: The present and the future of editorial peer reviewLes Grivell
European Molecular Biology Organization in Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO Rep 7:567-70. 2006
- An educational programme for peer review groups to improve treatment of chronic heart failure and diabetes mellitus type 2 in general practiceWilleke N Kasje
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
J Eval Clin Pract 12:613-21. 2006b>Peer review groups are considered helpful for quality improvement in primary care. An interactive educational programme for small peer groups was developed, focusing on the implementation of newly developed treatment guidelines...
- AAPM Task Group 103 report on peer review in clinical radiation oncology physicsPer H Halvorsen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Middlesex Hospital, Middletown, Connecticut 06457, USA
J Appl Clin Med Phys 6:50-64. 2005This report provides guidelines for a peer review process between two clinical radiation oncology physicists...
- Ghost management: how much of the medical literature is shaped behind the scenes by the pharmaceutical industry?Sergio Sismondo
Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
PLoS Med 4:e286. 2007
- Peer review: an essential step in the publishing processJon Weil
Medical Genetics Fellowship Program, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
J Genet Couns 13:183-7. 2004Among the many steps involved in publishing a professional paper, peer review of the submitted manuscript presents both a challenge and an opportunity...
- Reliability of editors' subjective quality ratings of peer reviews of manuscriptsM L Callaham
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0208, USA
JAMA 280:229-31. 1998..Quality of reviewers is crucial to journal quality, but there are usually too many for editors to know them all personally. A reliable method of rating them (for education and monitoring) is needed...
- ICCVAM evaluation of the murine local lymph node assay. Conclusions and recommendations of an independent scientific peer review panelJ H Dean
Sanofi-Synthelabo Research, Sanofi-Synthelabo Inc, Malvern, PA 19355, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 34:258-73. 2001..a method for assessing the allergic contact dermatitis potential of chemicals, was evaluated by an independent peer review panel (Panel) convened by the Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Validation of Alternative Methods (..
- The need for independent scientific peer review of Biobank UKHelen Wallace
Lancet 359:2282; author reply 2282. 2002
- Manuscript peer review: a helpful checklist for students and novice refereesD R Seals
Department of Kinesiology and Applied Physiology, University of Colorado at Boulder 80309, USA
Adv Physiol Educ 23:52-8. 2000The ability to contribute consistent, fundamentally sound critiques is an essential element of the scientific peer review process and an important professional skill for investigators...
- How reliable is peer review of scientific abstracts? Looking back at the 1991 Annual Meeting of the Society of General Internal MedicineH R Rubin
Division of Internal Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
J Gen Intern Med 8:255-8. 1993..To evaluate the interrater reproducibility of scientific abstract review...
- What makes a good reviewer and a good review for a general medical journal?N Black
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, England
JAMA 280:231-3. 1998..Selecting peer reviewers who will provide high-quality reviews is a central task of editors of biomedical journals...
- Sarcomas in north west England: I. Histopathological peer reviewM Harris
Department of Pathology, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, UK
Br J Cancer 64:315-20. 1991..tumours) diagnosed during the years 1982-84 in North West England were entered in a study of histopathological peer review, incidence and survival. This paper describes the effects of peer review...
- Masking author identity in peer review: what factors influence masking success? PEER InvestigatorsM K Cho
Center for Bioethics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 3308, USA
JAMA 280:243-5. 1998..In a previous study, we found that masking success was higher at a journal that masked reviewers to author identity. We hypothesized that masking policy or other factors could be associated with masking success...
- Summary of the National Toxicology Program's report of the endocrine disruptors low-dose peer reviewRonald Melnick
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:427-31. 2002..Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA), the National Toxicology Program organized an independent and open peer review to evaluate the scientific evidence on low-dose effects and nonmonotonic dose-response relationships for ..
- On-line interprofessional learning: introducing constructivism through enquiry-based learning and peer reviewMatthew Hughes
Faculty of Health and Social Care, University of West of England, Bristol BS16 1DD, UK
J Interprof Care 18:263-8. 2004..Consideration is given to improving student motivation and attitudes towards change, both in the design and the delivery of the module...
- "Is Cybermedicine Killing You?"--The story of a Cochrane disasterGunther Eysenbach
Centre for Global eHealth Innovation, University of Toronto and University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Med Internet Res 7:e21. 2005....
- Defaming a physician's career. The double edged sword of peer review privilege and immunityNathaniel H Hwang
Southern Illinois University School of Law, Law Journal Office, Carbondale, Illinois 62901, USA
J Leg Med 25:95-109. 2004
- Implementation of a journal peer reviewer stratification system based on quality and reliabilitySteven M Green
Department of Emergency Medicine, Loma Linda University, CA 92354, USA
Ann Emerg Med 57:149-152.e4. 2011..We hypothesize that a tiered reviewer stratification system might enable our journal editors to target the bulk of their review invitations to our better reviewers and thus improve our efficiency...
- Problem-based writing with peer review improves academic performance in physiologyNancy J Pelaez
Department of Biological Science, College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, California State University, Fullerton, Fullerton, California 92834, USA
Adv Physiol Educ 26:174-84. 2002The aim of this study was to determine whether problem-based writing with peer review (PW-PR) improves undergraduate student performance on physiology exams...
- Peer review in toxicologic pathologyJ M Ward
National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Toxicol Pathol 23:226-34. 1995b>Peer review of histopathology findings in safety assessment studies involving rodents and other animals is a relatively recent procedure in toxicologic pathology...
- Peer review: better than the alternativesAnthony N Demaria
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:1017-8. 2002
- Teaching peer review and the process of scientific writingW H Guilford
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Adv Physiol Educ 25:167-75. 2001..and graduate students understand neither the process of scientific writing nor the significance of peer review. In response, some instructors have created writing assignments that teach or mimic parts of the scientific ..
- Variations in the ability of general medical practitioners to apply two methods of clinical audit: A five-year study of assessment by peer reviewJohn McKay
Department of Postgraduate Medical Education, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
J Eval Clin Pract 12:622-9. 2006..One method of making informed judgements on audit performance is by peer review. In the west of Scotland a voluntary peer review model has been open to general practitioners since 1999, while ..
- Peer review in a post-eprints world: a proposalJ E Till
Joint Centre for Bioethics and Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Canada
J Med Internet Res 2:E14. 2000..number of electronic biomedical preprints servers, which allow the archiving of electronic papers without prior peer review, have been established, most notably the Clinical Medicine & Health Research NetPrints website and the The ..
- Enhancing communication skills using an OSCE and peer reviewVimal Kumar Govindan
Department of Surgery, PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Coimbatore 641004, India
Med Educ 42:535-6. 2008
- Improved patient notes from medical students during web-based teaching using faculty-calibrated peer review and self-assessmentTeresita McCarty
Undergraduate Medical Education Assessment and Learning, MSC08 4710, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Acad Med 80:S67-70. 2005This study examines the effectiveness of Calibrated Peer Review (CPR), a Web-based writing development program, to teach and assess medical students' patient note-writing skills in a standardized fashion.
- Blinding in peer reviewChristian Tomaszewski
J Med Toxicol 4:147-8. 2008
- Digital plagiarism--the Web giveth and the Web shall takethJ M Barrie
Biophysics Group, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 3200, USA
J Med Internet Res 2:E6. 2000..org database, which compares submissions to reports and papers available on the Internet, could discover instances of plagiarism, revolutionize the peer review process, and raise the quality of published research everywhere.
- Preserving blind peer review of electronic manuscript filesAnn F Jacobson
Kent State University, USA
Nurse Author Ed 15:1-4, 7. 2005b>Peer review of manuscripts for potential publication has become an intrinsic component of the scientific process, and is aimed at improving the manuscript's quality through unbiased, independent, and critical assessment by experts who ..
- What makes the best medical ethics journal? A North American perspectiveJ Savulescu
Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics, Littlegate House, St Ebbes Street, Oxford OX1 1PT, UK
J Med Ethics 31:591-7. 2005..There currently exist no data on the factors that contribute to determining why medical ethicists choose to review for and submit articles to medical ethics journals...
- A comparison of reviewers selected by editors and reviewers suggested by authorsFrederick P Rivara
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Pediatr 151:202-5. 2007..To compare reviews done by editor-selected reviewers with reviews by author-suggested reviewers, examining the quality, timeliness, and recommendations of the 2 sets of reviewers...
- Disclosure and disinterestDonald Kennedy
Science 303:15. 2004
- Proposal for public archive draws support, criticismKate Travis
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1416. 2004
- Peer review is complicatedRobert C Goodlin
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:1760. 2005
- Environment and health: capacity building for the futureMary E Northridge
Environ Health Perspect 112:A858-60. 2004
- Translational research in medical informatics or from theory to practice. A call for an applied informatics journalC U Lehmann
Methods Inf Med 47:1-3. 2008..To bridge the divide between health informatics 'bench research' and the application of informatics in clinical and health care settings...
- Are reviewers suggested by authors as good as those chosen by editors? Results of a rater-blinded, retrospective studyElizabeth Wager
Sideview, Princes Risborough, HP27 9DE, UK
BMC Med 4:13. 2006..Our objective was to compare the performance of author-nominated reviewers (ANR) with that of editor-chosen reviewers (ECR) in terms of review quality and recommendations about submissions in an online-only medical journal...
- A report on scientific misconductRoyce W Murray
Anal Chem 74:549A. 2002
- The publication process itself was the major cause of publication bias in genetic epidemiologyMichael Calnan
Medical Research Councils Health Services Research Collaboration, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 59:1312-8. 2006..How do scientists in the field of genetic epidemiology see the problem of publication bias, what are the possible solutions and what particular pressures are they under that might either promote or prevent publication and other biases?..
- Percutaneous coronary intervention: recommendations for good practice and trainingK D Dawkins
British Cardiovascular Intervention Society, London, UK
Heart 91:vi1-27. 2005..This set of guidelines includes new sections on training, informed consent, and a core evidence base, which we hope you will find useful and informative...
- Claims in advertisements for antihypertensive drugs in a Dutch medical journalJacoba P Greving
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
J Hypertens 25:713-22. 2007..Advertising claims must not conflict with the official summary of product characteristics. After a drug has been approved, new clinical evidence may become available...
- Beyond trial registration: a global trial bank for clinical trial reportingIda Sim
Department of Medicine, and the Program in Biological and Medical Informatics, University of California, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS Med 2:e365. 2005
- [How to review English-written manuscripts submitted to peer-review journals]Eishi Asano
Department of Pediatrics and Neurology, Children s Hospital of Michigan, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
No To Shinkei 57:877-81. 2005..Reviewers should not only criticize but also attempt to improve manuscripts. Participation in journal review may facilitate critical thoughts on their own manuscript writing...
- Information assimilation and distribution challenges and goals for real and virtual journalsIrvin M Modlin
Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 39:181-8. 2005....
- Unfinished businessI B Pless
Inj Prev 13:145-6. 2007
- ABO invites question for phase II examinationJeryl D English
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 126:388. 2004
- A comparison of the quality of Cochrane reviews and systematic reviews published in paper-based journalsBeverley Shea
Institute of Population Health, University of Ottawa
Eval Health Prof 25:116-29. 2002..in the training and support offered to reviewers, and improvements in the system for postpublication peer review. In addition, the use of evidence-based criteria (i.e...
- Personalized Clinical Diagnostics and Beyond: Integrated Ring Resonator ArraysRyan Bailey; Fiscal Year: 2009..This technology promises to broadly impact the landscape of the biomedical sciences, both meeting the clinical diagnostic challenges of today and pioneering the paradigm-shifting discoveries of tomorrow. ..
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2011..collaboration, and communication in three critical areas: (1) test method validation studies, independent peer review of the validation status of test methods, and the development of harmonized formal test method recommendations ..
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2012..collaboration, and communication in three critical areas: (1) test method validation studies, independent peer review of the validation status of test methods, and the development of harmonized formal test method recommendations ..
- CSHL Eukaryotic DNA Replication ConferenceDavid J Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2013..The informal peer review in oral and poster sessions is invaluable in providing rapid feedback that will fruitfully steer and accelerate ..
- Ethical and Legal Challenges in Communicating Individual Biomonitoring and PersonRachel Morello-Frosch; Fiscal Year: 2013..clinicians, and community health advocates, and (4) based on results of the other specific aims, develop, peer review, and disseminate guidelines for effective, ethical, and logistically feasible report-back protocols for ..
- 2011 EUKARYOTIC DNA REPLICATION &GENOME MAINTENANCEDavid J Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2011..The informal peer review in oral and poster sessions is invaluable in providing rapid feedback that will fruitfully steer and accelerate ..
- Nuclear ryanodine receptor type 1: Role in skeletal muscle physiology and diseaseViktor Yarotskyy; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project will test the validity of a novel pathophysiological mechanism by which altered RyR1 channel in impacts skeletal muscle disease. ..
- Intratumoral genetic therapy for lung cancerSteven M Dubinett; Fiscal Year: 2013..Following successful competitive peer review of this concept, the NCI Rapid Access to Investigational Drug program completed cGMP production of our ..
- An objective snoring index and its association with carotid atherosclerosisJinYoung Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013..atherosclerosis measure~ (c) ambulatory technologies to objectively measure snoring~ (d) scientific writing, peer review, and disseminating~ and (e) professional development for career advancement into a faculty position in a ..
- POST GRADUATE PROGRAM IN CUTANEOUS BIOLOGYRobert M Lavker; Fiscal Year: 2013..D./Ph.D. degrees, the time is right for formal support of a Post Graduate Training Program in Cutaneous Biology. ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN VISION SCIENCEW Clay Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..written research proposals, and the sharpening of communicative skills through continuous mentor feedback and peer review. The program is interdisciplinary and utilizes a core group of ten preceptors with active research and training ..
- Skeletal Phenotyping of KOMP MiceDong Guk Shin; Fiscal Year: 2013..A mechanism for external peer review of information to be presented to the public has been established...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF LUNG INFLAMMATIONMARK DAMIAN WEWERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, by using peer review and interdisciplinary faculty oversight, we will instill in the trainees a consistent momentum and focus on ..
- BP1 and Nuclear Hormone Signaling in Breast CancerJOSEPH PINZONE; Fiscal Year: 2009..Schwartz, Fontana, and Ascensao will provide overarching scientific and career guidance and independent ongoing peer review. Finally, Dr. Schaffner will mentor my training in the responsible conduct of research.
- Admixture mapping in African American Asthmatic ChildrenTESFAYE BAYE MERSHA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The research will improve mapping of loci affecting complex traits in admixed populations, ultimately improving elucidation of the genetic architecture of complex human diseases. ..
- AGS Guiding Principles for the Care of Older Adults with Multimorbidity: A MobileNancy Lundebjerg; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the care of the medically complex older adult and the Guiding Principles reflect both invited expert peer review and public comment...
- Airway Inspector: a chest imaging biomarker software platform for COPDRaul San Jose Estepar; Fiscal Year: 2013..The workflows will provide an end-to-end solution for the clinical to obtain phenotypes to characterize emphysema, airway disease and pulmonary vascular remodeling. ..
- Metamoodics: Meta-analyses and bioinformatics display of mood disorders geneticsPeter P Zandi; Fiscal Year: 2012..out and integrate systematic meta-analyses of genetic studies of mood disorders that have been published in the peer review literature;the meta-analyses will encompass data from three different classes of genomic experiments including ..
- Race and Ethnicity in Vaccination for Influenza in Vulnerable Elderly (REVIVE)NANCY JEAN KUPKA; Fiscal Year: 2011..The results of the study will be described in a manuscript prepared for peer review that will identify reasons race might play a role in the immunization rates of LTCF residents...
- Metabolomic Analysis as a Tool to Understanding the Use of Novel Therapeutics inMARY CLOUD BOSWORTH AMMONS; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- North American Fetal Therapy Network Biannual Scientific MeetingsAnthony Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Deep South Musculoskeletal (DSM) CERTsKenneth G Saag; Fiscal Year: 2010..of our CERTs, develop seed projects into full proposals that will be submitted to external funding agencies for peer review. We have expanded our group of experienced senior and talented junior investigators, our dedicated staff, and a ..
- Short Term Research Training for Medical StudentsSOLOMON SIDNEY SOLOMON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Applicants will be selected by peer review based on the quality of the proposal, productivity of the mentor, and training environment...
- Translating Cancer Prevention Research in the Developing WorldMadhuri Kakarala; Fiscal Year: 2011..speaker papers will be submitted for publication in Cancer Prevention and Cancer Biomarkers after appropriate peer review. By intensively interacting, conferees will become familiar with each other, will understand the strengths and ..
- University of Chicago Autoimmunity Center of ExcellenceMarcus R Clark; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, the UCACE-CTP will develop a system of mentorship and peer review that will encourage clinical and translational investigators to develop novel therapeutic and mechanistic ..
- Research Training in Veterinary &Comparative PathologyRoger D Spealman; Fiscal Year: 2013..implementation of experiments using NHP models, mentoring in the preparation of NIH grant applications and the peer review process, and broad exposure to state-of-the-art investigative tools and contemporary research methods used in ..
- A Pathway-based Approach to Investigate Oncogenic Mechanisms in Ovarian CancerMichael L Gatza; Fiscal Year: 2013..Two additional first author papers and three collaborative papers are in various stages of peer review. K99/R00 funding would aid in my goal of obtaining a tenure-track faculty position at a major research ..
- STRENGTHEN RESEARCH TRAINING &ADMINISTRATIVE CAPACITY AT RESEARCH CENTERNELSON SANDE KAKANDE; Fiscal Year: 2013..NIH, NIH terminology and funding mechanisms, role of NIH officials, receipt and referral of grant applications, peer review process, program funding cycle, grants management basics, use of animals in research, and use of human subjects ..
- Palliative Care Provider Online Education in Evidence-Based Complementary TherapiLeila Kozak; Fiscal Year: 2011..Aim 4. Conduct peer review evaluation of content to determine fidelity of course content with available evidence. Aim 5...
- Interdisciplinary Training in Cognitive, Computational and Systems NeuroscienceJeffrey M Zacks; Fiscal Year: 2013..Modules include team-based projects and peer review as well as primary source readings and classroom lectures and discussions...
- Student Development at Chicago State UniversityVENKATESWARA DEVI PRASAD POTLURI; Fiscal Year: 2013..presentation at each of a regional and national research conference, (v) participated in a grant application peer review panel, (vi) completed at least a semester of service as a teaching assistant for entry-level courses in their ..
- Advancing Patient-Centered Outcomes in Addiction Psychiatry PracticeFrances Rudnick Levin; Fiscal Year: 2013..annual meeting to teach 150 participants to learn how to do PCOR informed PIP projects as well as complementary peer review projects, implement them in their own practices, and document the outcomes for MOC and for this project;and (3) ..
- The Childrens Nutrition Research Center Training ProgramMorey W Haymond; Fiscal Year: 2013..The funding of this T32 will help sustain our training program for bright and motivated nutritional scientists who will be instrumental in improving the health and care of the current and next generation of children. ..
- 18th Annual Meeting of the PanAmerican Society of Pigment Cell ResearchVijayasaradhi Setaluri; Fiscal Year: 2013..Although members of PASPCR participate in other traditional discipline-oriented conferences, no forum other than PASPCR brings together the diversity of fields and interests represented in the current program. ..
- The International Congress for Educators in Complementary and Integrative MedicinAviad Haramati; Fiscal Year: 2012..All will undergo peer review for quality in a process conducted by the Program Committee...
- USING CLAIMS DATA FOR CANCER SURVEILLANCELynne Penberthy; Fiscal Year: 2000..Abstraction of inpatient records will be performed by the Virginia Health Quality Center, the state peer review organization. Collection of outpatient information will have four approaches: 1...
- International Research Conference on Integrative MedicineAviad Haramati; Fiscal Year: 2012..The most recent conference was held in Minneapolis, MN in May 2009 and included approximately 800 participants from 24 countries. Our stated goal is to strengthen research in integrative healthcare around the world. ..
- MEDICAL SCIENTIST TRAINING PROGRAMDean H Kedes; Fiscal Year: 2013..All mentors have national level peer review funding and are recognized as leaders in their respective disciplines...
- Diabetes Research Center (DRC)JERROLD MICHAEL OLEFSKY; Fiscal Year: 2013..successful as can be judged by the numerous publications in high impact journals (665) and the substantial peer review grant support that they have accrued ($154,601,201)...
- Methods for Assessing Genetic Association with Time-Varying PhenotypeLue Ping Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2010..into research program, and to release "working" programs to colleagues as soon as methods are accepted through peer review process...
- Research on Adverse Drug Events and Reports: Novel Multiple Myeloma DrugsCharles Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- RISE Option II - The Next Generation of Black Women ScientistsDolores V Bradley; Fiscal Year: 2013..100% of RISE Scholars will feel that they are more confident in the lab and better prepared for success in graduate school. ..
- Extension of NEURON simulator for simulation of reaction-diffusion in neuronsWilliam W Lytton; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will extend NEURON, one of the most widely used nerve and brain simulators, so that it simulates chemical reactions as well as electric signals and allow these two types of information to be combined to understand disease. ..
- PATHOBIOLOGY OF OCCLUSIVE VASCULAR DISEASELinda M McManus; Fiscal Year: 2013..courses and seminars in the responsible conduct of research, scientific communications, and grantsmanship/peer review;(5) dual mentorship with a rigorous mentorship plan, (6) preparation of an individual development plan (IDP) ..
- Infection Prevention in Emergency Care: A Systems ApproachJeremiah D Schuur; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- UMASS CENTER FOR AIDS RESEARCH (CFAR)Celia A Schiffer; Fiscal Year: 2012..Solicit developmental grant applications and arrange for their peer review. * Promote recruitment of new AIDS researchers to the Institution...
- 2010 JOINT CONFERENCE OF THE ISES-ISEE, SEOUL, KOREAFrancine Laden; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ACOSOG Competing RenewalMonica M Bertagnolli; Fiscal Year: 2013..GIST, pancreas, and rectum), and Thoracic (lung and esophagus) and maintained and prioritized by the ACOSOG Peer Review Committees...
- Tissue Factor Mediated Fibrin Deposition in Acute Lung InjuryJULIE ANNE BASTARACHE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Through laboratory experience, formal coursework, and the peer review process she will gain expertise in experimental design and execution, laboratory techniques, data analysis, and ..
- Evaluation of Computerized Decision Support for Managing Lung NodulesMichael K Gould; Fiscal Year: 2011..The revised proposal includes three specific aims: (1) to conduct a rigorous process of usability testing and peer review, to enable design and refinement of a decision support system that is highly responsive to the needs of ..
- Nutrition and Metabolism in Dialysis PatientsTalat Alp Ikizler; Fiscal Year: 2012..He published 46 additional manuscripts (31 original articles, 15 reviews, additional 11 under peer review) and 5 book chapters, trained (or training) 17 mentees (medical students, post-graduate fellows and junior ..
- N. American Integrative Medicine Scientific ConferenceDavid Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..NIH support of this particular research meeting in 2002 and 2006 has been critical in allowing them to extend the benefits of attending to a larger and more diverse audience. ..
- Training Program in Cancer-Related Population SciencesAlfred I Neugut; Fiscal Year: 2013..Postdoctoral trainees are required to prepare and submit research grant proposals for mock peer review by the faculty...
- PREPARATION OF THE REPORT ON CARCINOGENSSANFORD GARNER; Fiscal Year: 2009..The review process for the RoC was revised in response to the recently enacted Office of Management and Budget peer review guidelines and the revised process was released in April 2007...
- Total Worker Health SymposiumJames A Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2013..The specific aims of this proposal are: Specific Aim 1: Together with members of the Program Planning and Peer Review Committee, complete a peer review and editing of all papers summarized in symposium presentations...
- PATHOLOGY SUPPORT FOR THE NIEHSLAUREN STASKA; Fiscal Year: 2012..time, quantitative, and in situ PCR, as well as training in the application of these techniques;6) Pathology Peer Review (including Pathology Working Groups) and Quality Assessment of pathology evaluations and technical support for ..
- National Center for Biomedical OntologyMark A Musen; Fiscal Year: 2013..and controlled terminologies using current Web standards;integration of ontology authoring, publishing, and peer review;creation of a comprehensive ontology-based index of publicly available data resources;development of new ..
- PATHOLOGY SUPPORT FOR THE NIEHSLAUREN STASKA; Fiscal Year: 2013..time, quantitative, and in situ PCR, as well as training in the application of these techniques;6) Pathology Peer Review (including Pathology Working Groups) and Quality Assessment of pathology evaluations and technical support for ..
- Exploring the Science of Scientific ReviewCECILIA E FORD; Fiscal Year: 2013..Unexplained disparities in R01 funding outcomes by race and gender have raised concern about bias in NIH peer review. This Transformative R01 will examine if and how implicit (i.e...
- PATHOLOGY SUPPORT FOR THE NIEHSTODD PAINTER; Fiscal Year: 2009..time, quantitative, and in situ PCR, as well as training in the application of these techniques;6) Pathology Peer Review (including Pathology Working Groups) and Quality Assessment of pathology evaluations and technical support for ..
- CENTER FOR AIDS PREVENTION STUDIESMarguerita A Lightfoot; Fiscal Year: 2013..Core to mentor the next generation of HIV scientists, provide pilot funds for innovative projects, and conduct peer review to ensure scientific excellence and relevance;3) The Methods Core to provide training and consultation in ..
- PATHOLOGY SUPPORT FOR THE NIEHSTODD PAINTER; Fiscal Year: 2011
- Teleconsultation and Quality Review in Child MaltreatmentPATRICIA GOEDE; Fiscal Year: 2009..2 of this project is to develop, test and implement a web-based product that supports teleconsultation and peer review for diagnosing child abuse...
- Research meets practice: Human-animal interaction in obesity across the lifespanRebecca Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2009..to the human-animal interaction and physical activity theme for the symposium will be selected by the blind peer review process...
- Hearing Therapies for the FutureGabrielle Saunders; Fiscal Year: 2007..poster session for posters presented by scholarship winners and by individuals whose submitted posters meet the peer review criteria for acceptance...
- Cognitive Therapy via CD ROM for Binge Eating DisorderCynthia Bulik; Fiscal Year: 2003..procedure that includes: group testing sessions followed by individual and focus group debriefing for feedback; peer review by experts in the field of CBT for eating disorders; and in-home beta testing prior to final production...
- The Status and Future of Acupuncture Research: 10 Years Post-NIH Consensus ConferLixing Lao; Fiscal Year: 2007..A Scientific Review Committee will employ a rigorous peer review process to assure quality and relevance of original research...
- Ethnicity, Gender & Social Support in Knee OsteoarthritisHUAN CHANG; Fiscal Year: 2007..If funded, the candidate plans to focus on 3 distinct areas: publishing original research in peer review journals, improving teaching, and developing practical applications...
- NIH Director's Pioneer AwardVicki Chandler; Fiscal Year: 2009..In New Research Direction, I briefly describe the new approaches I am proposing, explain how this builds on my past work, and discuss why the NDPA process provides a unique opportunity to pursue this work. ..
- Practice Variation in Management of Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseMARJORIE MERRICK; Fiscal Year: 2009..at the level of the clinic, that affect therapy decision-making, including staffing, information, guidelines, peer review, and specialist expertise, among others. The study will be conducted at Kaiser Permanente, Northern California...
- OPTIMAL ANTITHROMBOTIC THERAPY IN ATRIAL FIBRILLATIONBrian Gage; Fiscal Year: 2001..In collaboration with 5 Peer Review Organizations (PROs) we will use Medicare Part A claims data to determine how prescribing antithrombotic ..
- ASSESSING AMBULATORY DUR COST EFFECTIVENESSJacques Tremblay; Fiscal Year: 1980..In "A", explicit criteria for 50 commonly used prescribed medicines will be discussed by a peer review committee and adapted for approval by prescribers...
- MUSCLE CELLS MEDIATED GENE THERAPY FOR INCONTINENCEMichael Chancellor; Fiscal Year: 2005..All key objectives of the previous grant were successfully completed. This resulted in 7 peer review papers, 3 more manuscripts are in press and 3 are near completion and will be submitted...
- MEDICAL MALPRACTICE EFFECTS ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF OBG'SCAROLE KEELS; Fiscal Year: 1990..Also, it is posited that the effect is greater for group practice than solo practices because of increased peer review in group practices...
- SHARED FLOW CYTOMETRY FACILITY (FACSTAR PLUS)ROSS BASCH; Fiscal Year: 1991..It is designed to provide "state of the art" facilities to support more than $7 million in peer review funded research...
- Open Disclosure and Medical Claims StudyJohn Buckley; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically, the proposed study will collect and analyze data on: (1) grievances;(2) incidents that require peer review;(3) state reportables;(4) patient falls resulting in injury;(5) tort claims;and (6) Indiana Department of ..
- Accountability and Health Safety A Statewide ApproachKenneth Thorpe; Fiscal Year: 2004..The focus of this application is to evaluate the effectiveness of a statewide, voluntary, peer review protected, medical error reporting system for hospitals in Georgia...
- Mouse Cochlea DatabasePeter Santi; Fiscal Year: 2003..These individuals will standardize nomenclature and histological protocols, and peer review information that is entered into the MCD...
- Latino HIV/AIDS Behavioral Science Research CenterMario De La Rosa; Fiscal Year: 2005..Based upon an internal peer review system, each year three junior faculty members from CHUA or the Departments of Psychology and Sociology/..