Summary: The granting of a license to a hospital.
- Up to date. Maintaining your organization's state facilities licenseNeal Emmer
Levi Wong Design Associates, Concord, Mass, USA
Health Facil Manage 16:18-21. 2003
- [Internal control, certification and accreditation]Elisabeth Arntzen
Helse Øst RHF, Postboks 4353, 2308 Hamar
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 125:767-9. 2005
- Recent changes in UK legislation and the licensing of radiopharmaciesP N Monger
Medicines Inspectorate, Medicines Control Agency, London, UK
Nucl Med Commun 13:411-5. 1992....
- Specialty-hospital battle waged. Benefis leads legal charge against Mont. hospitalJessica Zigmond
Mod Healthc 36:17. 2006
- Limited service maximum fuss. Specialty hospital issue has caught the attention of senators as a physician-owned Oregon facility fights for its Medicare statusJessica Zigmond
Mod Healthc 36:6-7, 16, 1. 2006..quot;The way all payments are figured makes winners and losers," he says, noting for-profits contribute to communities through taxes...
- Frays brewing in Mont, Texas. Cases spotlight concern over doc-owned hospitalsJessica Zigmond
Mod Healthc 36:12-3. 2006
- Medical malpractice in the People's Republic of China: the 2002 Regulation on the Handling of Medical AccidentsDean M Harris
Department of Health Policy andAdministration, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
J Law Med Ethics 33:456-77. 2005
- What is the measure of a safe hospital? Medication errors missed by risk management, clinical staff, and surveyorsBenjamin C Grasso
The Institute for Self Directed Care, Falmouth, ME 04105, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 11:268-73. 2005..e., lack of medication errors). Replication of our findings in other hospital settings is needed. We also recommend measures for improving patient safety by reducing error rates and increasing error detection...
- Frequency of laboratory contamination surveysSusan T Masih
University of Missouri Kansas City Office of Chemical, Biological and Radiation Safety, 1110 East 48th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Health Phys 87:S12-4. 2004
- Ore. hospital keeps status for now. Immediate jeopardy avoided, other issues still remainJessica Zigmond
Mod Healthc 36:26. 2006
- Reimbursement for carotid stenting: unique challenges for medical centers and physiciansRobert M Zwolak
Division of Vascular Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 19:87-91. 2006..Related requirements for Medicare coverage of patients in clinical trials and registries are also discussed...
- Hospital neonatal services in the United States: variation in definitions, criteria, and regulatory status, 2008L R Blackmon
Department of Pediatrics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
J Perinatol 29:788-94. 2009..The purpose of this study was to describe variation among states in designations of hospital neonatal services levels...
- Neurosurgeon transition to retirement: results of the 2007 Congress of Neurological Surgeons Consensus ConferenceAlan M Scarrow
Section of Neurosurgery, St John s Clinic, Springfield, Missouri, USA
Neurosurgery 65:231-5; discussion 235-6. 2009..Little is known about the practice patterns and retirement plans of aging neurosurgeons. Analyses of informed opinions on possible regulatory options are also lacking...
- National quality validation programs for breast centersCary S Kaufman
Bellingham Breast Center, 2940 Squalicum Parkway, Bellingham, WA 987225, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 7:1357-62. 2007..These two programs herald a new phase of quality monitoring based on comparisons with other providers of breast care. In this new paradigm, simply being licensed to provide care will not be satisfactory proof of quality of care...
- Clinical privileging for registered dietitians: a regulatory perspectiveMary H Hager
J Am Diet Assoc 107:558-60. 2007
- Hospital surge capacity: if you can't always get what you want, can you get what you need?Michael J Schull
Ann Emerg Med 48:389-90. 2006
- Annual bed statistics give a misleading picture of hospital surge capacityDerek DeLia
Center for State Health Policy, The Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, Rutgers, The State University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 1340, USA
Ann Emerg Med 48:384-8, 388.e1-2. 2006..I describe how annual hospital surge capacity is affected by within-year variation in patient volume and bed supply...
- Unlicensed residential programs: the next challenge in protecting youthRobert M Friedman
Department of Child and Family Studies, Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa 33612, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 76:295-303. 2006..Finally, it outlines policy implications and provides recommendations for the protection of youth and families who pursue residential treatment...
- Logistics of therapy with the ibritumomab tiuxetan regimenRuby F Meredith
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Alabama Medical Center, Birmingham, AL, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:S35-8. 2006..Treatment with the ibritumomab tiuxetan regimen involves only standard precautions needed to minimize radiation exposure to other persons...
- Fight for survival. D.C. hospital expected to win crucial reprieveTony Fong
Mod Healthc 33:21. 2003
- [Quality system in cardiology: practical example to develop an organizational model for management certification without bureaucracy]Paolo Colonna
U O di Cardiologia Ospedaliera Policlinico Universitario Piazza Giulio Cesare, 11 70124 Bari
Ital Heart J Suppl 4:319-31. 2003....
- Institutional alternatives to the rural hospitalJ B Christianson
School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455
Health Care Financ Rev 11:87-97. 1990....
- [Quality management in a Swiss hospital]E Eicher
, Mitglied Zentralvorstand FMH, Basel
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 91:559-62. 1997..It is supposed to be used mainly for the certification of facilities for continuing medical education, perhaps also for the certification of hospitals...
- Assuring access to rural health services: the case for revitalizing small rural hospitalsD E Berry
Health Care Administration, University of Nevada Las Vegas
Health Care Manage Rev 19:32-42. 1994....
- [Hospital supervision by the public health service--recommendation for a new inspection questionnaire]J LaFontaine
Gesundheitswesen 56:313-8. 1994..Based on this, a hospital check list is proposed by the department for the supervision of hospitals with the District Officer at Arnsberg...
- New adventures in biomedical engineering: radiation safety program managementD M Dickey
Washington Hospital Center, DC
Biomed Instrum Technol 25:380-4. 1991....
- A local area network for controlling the ordering and purchasing of radioactive materialP J Weber
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115
Health Phys 61:547-52. 1991..The resultant data base is easily annexed for specific information. The system is user-friendly and adaptable to any set of circumstances...
- Quality assurance issues raised by proposed limited-service rural hospitalsT D Wingert
Division of Health Services Research and Policy, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455
Qual Assur Util Rev 6:38-46. 1991....
- Compliance and quality in residential life. From standards to compliance, to good services, to quality lives: is this how it works?J R Shea
Allen, Shea and Associates, Napa, CA 94559
Ment Retard 30:143-9. 1992..Several recommendations were offered to encourage responsive services in line with progressive values and the wants and needs of individuals with developmental disabilities...
- Hospitals on the frontierK McCarty
Montana Hospital Research and Education Foundation, Helena
Health Prog 73:42-5, 73. 1992..Another possibility is the reclassification of MAFs to rural primary care hospitals, which do not require waiver coverage to receive Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement...
- Preparing physicians for a computer-based patient record systemM A Hanken
School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle
J AHIMA 63:95-100. 1992..The study comparing Providence to a similar medical center demonstrated the value of the new system in achieving quality patient records. Many hospitals in the Seattle area, including Overlake, now use this system or variations of it...
- [External quality assessment of clinical services in Europe]C D Shaw
CASPE Research, London UK
G Ital Nefrol 19:S21-7. 2002..Clinical practice and clinical services could be more efficiently and effectively harmonised by the professions than by their respective governments...
- How many hospital beds?Linda V Green
Graduate School of Business, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027 6902, USA
Inquiry 39:400-12. 2002..Doing so will require the collection and analysis of operational data-such as demands for and use of beds, and patient delays--which generally are not available...
- [Quality management according to the new SN EN ISO-Norm 9001:2000--experiences from initial certification of a hospital department]Th Steffen
Kantonsspital Olten, Departement Chirurgie
Praxis (Bern 1994) 91:725-34. 2002..It indicates the steps taken, for instance in the spheres of top management, quality management, procedural guidance, as well as customer and staff counselling. It also discusses the project's cost/benefit ratio for the organization...
- Medical laboratory accreditation: a Hong Kong perspectiveAlexander R Chang
Pathology 34:130-2. 2002..Finally, successful accreditation has provided the impetus for other Hong Kong laboratories to become accredited and this will have a beneficial flow-on effect for the entire region...
- Certified registered nurse anesthetistsCarolyn Torre
N J Nurse 32:4. 2002
- The ICCD benchmarks for clubhouses: a practical approach to quality improvement in psychiatric rehabilitationC Macias
Fountain House, New York, New York 10036, USA
Psychiatr Serv 52:207-13. 2001..The study evaluated whether the average performance of clubhouses certified by the International Center for Clubhouse Development (ICCD) should be considered valid benchmarks for clubhouse programs...
- Crisis management can leave residual effectsG L Margolis
Daniel Freeman Hospitals, Los Angeles, CA
Healthc Financ Manage 45:46, 48, 50-2 passim. 1991..After stabilizing a worrisome financial situation, a healthcare organization should conduct an internal audit to ensure that its legal and accounting practices remain above board...
- The United States does a poor job of evaluating Medicare hospitals: perhaps Australia can helpG Bogart
U S General Accounting Office, Washington, DC
Hosp Top 70:11-5. 1992..This article focuses on the American oversight of Medicare hospitals to determine it, in this narrow area, dissatisfied American consumers are justified...
- Standardization of pathology laboratories in Pakistan: problems and prospectsManzoor Ahmad
College of Pathologists Pakistan, 175, Race Course Road, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Clin Biochem 42:259-62. 2009..It is hoped that this simplified system will provide an impetus for evolving a workable and comprehensive mechanism through which pathology laboratories in the country will be able to offer better and more reliable services...
- Hospital Closure and Healthcare QualityDerek DeLia; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..