Summary: Compliance with a set of standards defined by non-governmental organizations. Certification is applied for by individuals on a voluntary basis and represents a professional status when achieved, e.g., certification for a medical specialty.
Publications349 found, 100 shown here
- Leading causes of certification for blindness and partial sight in England & WalesCatey Bunce
Research and Development, Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London, UK
BMC Public Health 6:58. 2006....
- [Examination of risk factors for onset of certification of long-term care insurance in community-dwelling older people: AGES project 3-year follow-up study]Hiroshi Hirai
Research Promotion Center for Community C, Nihon Fukushi University
Nihon Koshu Eisei Zasshi 56:501-12. 2009The purpose of this study was to examine risk factors for certification of long-term care insurance in community dwelling elderly people.
- Problems in sickness certification of patients: a qualitative study on views of 26 physicians in SwedenMia von Knorring
Section of Personal Injury Prevention, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 26:22-8. 2008To identify what problems physicians experience in sickness certification of patients.
- Accreditation and ISO certification: do they explain differences in quality management in European hospitals?Charles Shaw
European Society for Quality in Healthcare, Limerick, Ireland
Int J Qual Health Care 22:445-51. 2010Hospital accreditation and International Standardisation Organisation (ISO) certification offer alternative mechanisms for improving safety and quality, or as a mark of achievement...
- No physician gender difference in prescription of sick-leave certification: a retrospective study of the Skaraborg Primary Care DatabaseKarin Starzmann
Tidan Health Care Centre, Tidan, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 30:48-54. 2012..The secondary objective was to study the physicians' gender and professional experience in relation to the diagnoses on the certificates...
- Outcomes after ischemic stroke for hospitals with and without Joint Commission-certified primary stroke centersJ H Lichtman
Yale University School of Medicine, PO Box 208034, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Neurology 76:1976-82. 2011..We assessed whether 30-day risk-standardized mortality (RSMR) and readmission (RSRR) rates differed between hospitals with and without JC-certified PSCs in 2006...
- Stroke care delivery before vs after JCAHO stroke center certificationD Stradling
Department Neurology, University of California Irvine Medical Center, 101 The City Drive South, Building 53 Room 203, Orange, CA 92868 4280, USA
Neurology 68:469-70. 2007
- Patient factors associated with duration of certified sickness absence and transition to long-term incapacityChris Shiels
Mersey Primary Care R and D Consortium, and Department of Primary Care, University of Liverpool, Whelan Building, Quadrangle, Brownlow Hill, Liverpool L69 3GB, UK
Br J Gen Pract 54:86-91. 2004..Despite a considerable increase in claims for long-term sickness benefits, and the impact of certifying sickness upon general practitioner (GP) workload, little is known about transition to long-term incapacity for work...
- Does certification improve medical standards?Kim Sutherland
Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1AG
BMJ 333:439-41. 2006
- The international medical graduate pipeline: recent trends in certification and residency trainingJohn R Boulet
Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:469-77. 2006..More detailed longitudinal analyses are required to better understand the interwoven issues of physician supply, consumers' needs, and the role of IMGs in the U.S. health care system...
- Intravenous thrombolysis for stroke increases over time at primary stroke centersShyam Prabhakaran
Rush University Medical Center, Department of Neurological Sciences, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Stroke 43:875-7. 2012..We evaluated the impact that duration as a primary stroke center (PSC) had on tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) utilization for acute ischemic stroke...
- 'The sick note': a qualitative study of sickness certification in general practice in IrelandMichelle Foley
Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health Research, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, UK
Eur J Gen Pract 18:92-9. 2012Sickness certification is a common task undertaken by General Practitioners (GPs) in most developed countries. Research suggests that they find this task complex and difficult...
- General practitioners' experiences with sickness certification: a comparison of survey data from Sweden and NorwayLee D Winde
Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
BMC Fam Pract 13:10. 2012..Previous studies have indicated that GPs experience several tasks and situations related to sickness certification consultations as problematic...
- The occurrence of wrong-site surgery self-reported by candidates for certification by the American Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryMichelle A James
Shriners Hospitals for Children, Northern California, 2425 Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 94:e2(1-12). 2012..The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) requires that candidates for Board certification provide a list of their cases, including surgical complications, whether wrong-site surgery was performed, and ..
- Certification of breast centres in Germany: proof of concept for a prototypical example of quality assurance in multidisciplinary cancer careSara Y Brucker
German Society of Senology, and Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
BMC Cancer 9:228. 2009..were: to develop a set of requirements of comprehensive breast centres; to establish a nationwide voluntary certification programme for breast centres based on such requirements, a certified quality management system (QMS), and ..
- Proficiency-based Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery skills training results in durable performance improvement and a uniform certification pass rateMadelyn E Rosenthal
Southwestern Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9156, USA
Surg Endosc 24:2453-7. 2010The authors have previously documented a 100% certification pass rate immediately after a proficiency-based skills training curriculum for the Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS) program...
- Public health certificationKristine M Gebbie
Hunter College School of Nursing, New York, NY 10010, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 30:203-10. 2009In 2003, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) recommended voluntary certification of graduates achieving the Master of Public Health degree...
- [Norwegian Functional Scale--a new instrument in sickness certification and disability assessments]Søren Brage
Seksjon for allmenn og trygdemedisin, Universitetet i Oslo, 0318 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 124:2472-4. 2004..We describe the development of the Norwegian Functional Scale that may assist health providers in getting an insight into patients' self-evaluated functioning...
- Frequency and nature of problems associated with sickness certification tasks: a cross-sectional questionnaire study of 5455 physiciansAnna Löfgren
Section of Personal Injury Prevention, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 25:178-85. 2007To study the frequency and nature of problems associated with physicians' sickness certification practices.
- Description of functioning in sickness certificatesEmma Nilsing
Division of Physiotherapy, Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
Scand J Public Health 39:508-16. 2011....
- NIHSS training and certification using a new digital video disk is reliablePatrick Lyden
Department of Neurosciences, UCSD School of Medicine, and Neurology, Veterans Administration Medical Center, San Diego, California, USA
Stroke 36:2446-9. 2005NIH Stroke Scale certification is required for participation in modern stroke clinical trials and as part of good clinical care in stroke centers...
- Investigating possible ethnicity and sex bias in clinical examiners: an analysis of data from the MRCP(UK) PACES and nPACES examinationsI C McManus
Academic Centre for Medical Education, Division of Medical Education, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
BMC Med Educ 13:103. 2013..In this paper we report a novel method for assessing sex and ethnic bias in over 2000 examiners who had taken part in the PACES and nPACES (new PACES) examinations of the MRCP(UK)...
- Standard requirements for GCP-compliant data management in multinational clinical trialsChristian Ohmann
Coordination Centre for Clinical Trials, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Duesseldorf, Germany
Trials 12:85. 2011....
- Concurrent validity of written and OSCE components of the Canadian dental certification examinationsJack D Gerrow
Department of Dental Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Dent Educ 67:896-901. 2003..Year-to-year and school-to-school variations were minimal. These findings supported the concurrent validity of both NDEB examinations...
- What should physicians know about hypertension? The implicit knowledge requirements in the maintenance of certification self-assessment moduleAmy L Lee
Tufts University Family Medicine Residency, Cambridge Health Alliance, Malden, MA 02145, USA
Fam Med 39:280-3. 2007The American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) Maintenance of Certification process requires family physicians to have a core knowledge base in key areas such as hypertension and diabetes care but does not define this knowledge in specific ..
- A comparison of the characteristics and examination performances of U.S. and non-U.S. citizen international medical graduates who sought Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates certification: 1995-2004John R Boulet
Research and Data Resources Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research FAIMER, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Acad Med 81:S116-9. 2006..International medical graduates (IMGs) make up a substantial part of the U.S. physician workforce. Unfortunately, little is known about the demographic and performance characteristics of these doctors, especially over time...
- General practitioners' relationship to sickness certificationPal Gulbrandsen
Helse Øst Health Services Research Centre, Akershus University Hospital, Lørenskog, Norway
Scand J Prim Health Care 25:20-6. 2007GPs' role conflict in connection with sickness certification is widely accepted. The authors explored the relationship between GPs and this difficult task.
- E-education in pathology including certification of e-institutionsKlaus Kayser
UICC TPCC, Charite, Charite Platz 1, 10118 Berlin, Germany
Diagn Pathol 6:S11. 2011....
- Physician board certification and the care and outcomes of elderly patients with acute myocardial infarctionJersey Chen
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:238-44. 2006..Patients and purchasers prefer board-certified physicians, but whether these physicians provide better quality of care and outcomes for hospitalized patients is unclear...
- [Physical and psychological predictors for the onset of certification of long-term care insurance among older adults living independently in a community a 40-month follow-up study]Yoshinori Fujiwara
Community Health Research Group, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology
Nihon Koshu Eisei Zasshi 53:77-91. 2006To ascertain predictors for the onset of different levels of certification of long-term care insurance among older adults living independently in a community.
- Frequency and severity of problems that general practitioners experience regarding sickness certificationMonika Engblom
Division of Insurance Medicine, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 29:227-33. 2011Tasks involved in sickness certification constitute potential problems for physicians...
- Quality improvement in childhood obesity management through the maintenance of certification processJeannie S Huang
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego and Rady Children s Hospital, San Diego, CA Electronic address
J Pediatr 163:1313-6.e1. 2013..The project currently provides Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part 4 credit through the American Board of Pediatrics.
- Joint commission primary stroke centers utilize more rt-PA in the nationwide inpatient sampleMichael T Mullen
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Am Heart Assoc 2:e000071. 2013..It is unknown if PSCs outperform noncertified hospitals. We hypothesized that PSCs would use more recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) for ischemic stroke than would non-PSCs...
- ABO certification in the age of evidence and enhancementMarc B Ackerman
School of Dentistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 130:133-40. 2006The American Board of Orthodontics (ABO) phase III certification examination was originally constructed and recently modified to "help the Board determine the candidate's knowledge of clinical orthodontics and provide a basis to assess ..
- Surgical trends in Bankart repair: an analysis of data from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery certification examinationBrett D Owens
Brett D Owens, Associate Professor, John A Feagin Jr West Point Sports Medicine Fellowship, Keller Army Hospital, West Point, NY 10996, USA
Am J Sports Med 39:1865-9. 2011..Arthroscopic Bankart repair emerged in the 1990s as a minimally invasive alternative to open repair. The optimal technique of surgical stabilization of the unstable glenohumeral joint remains controversial...
- Relationship of electronic medical knowledge resource use and practice characteristics with Internal Medicine Maintenance of Certification Examination scoresDarcy A Reed
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:917-23. 2012Maintenance of certification examination performance is associated with quality of care...
- What do GPs feel about sickness certification? A systematic search and narrative reviewGwenllian Wynne-Jones
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, UK
Scand J Prim Health Care 28:67-75. 2010Abstract Objective. To identify GPs' attitudes towards sickness certification. Design. Systematic search and narrative review identifying themes around attitudes towards sickness certification. Results...
- Production and certification of NIST Standard Reference Material 2372 Human DNA Quantitation StandardMargaret C Kline
Biochemical Science Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology, 100 Bureau Drive, MS 8311, Gaithersburg, MD 20899 8311, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 394:1183-92. 2009..the combination of appropriate preparation methods and metrologically sound spectrophotometric measurements enables the preparation and certification of quantitation [DNA] standards that are both maintainable and of practical utility.
- Health information systems and physician quality: role of the American board of pediatrics maintenance of certification in improving children's health carePaul Miles
American Board of Pediatrics, 111 Silver Cedar Court, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Pediatrics 123:S108-10. 2009..Specialty board certification and maintenance of certification are key drivers of professional development and improvement of care...
- [Certified prostate cancer centers of the German Cancer Society : Current status 2 years after certification and future developments]J A Steffens
Zertifiziertes Prostatakarzinomzentrum, Klinik für Urologie und Kinderurologie, St Antonius Hospital, Dechant Deckers Strasse 8, 52249, Eschweiler, Deutschland
Urologe A 49:910-5. 2010The 12-month data for 21 of the 44 certified centers were analyzed 2 years after certification of the first prostate cancer centers of the German Cancer Society...
- Difficulties with the sickness certification process in general practice and possible solutions: a systematic reviewLaurent Letrilliart
Department of General Practice, University of Lyon 1, France
Eur J Gen Pract 18:219-28. 2012..Prescription of sick leave periods is a common but complex task in general practice in many countries...
- Ensuring competency: are fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery training and certification necessary for practicing surgeons and operating room personnel?Melanie L Hafford
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 9156, USA
Surg Endosc 27:118-26. 2013b>Certification in fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery (FLS) is required by the American board of surgery for graduating residents...
- A new approach to rater training and certification in a multicenter clinical trialKenneth A Kobak
MedAvante Inc, 7601 Ganser Way, Madison, WI 53719, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:407-12. 2005..This study examined a novel approach to rater training and certification that focused on both conceptual knowledge and applied skills...
- Sickness certification system in the United Kingdom: qualitative study of views of general practitioners in ScotlandSusan Hussey
Research and Development Office NHS Highland, The Greenhouse, Beechwood Business Park North, Inverness IV2 3ED
BMJ 328:88. 2004To explore how general practitioners operate the sickness certification system, their views on the system, and suggestions for change.
- Didactic teaching conferences for IM residents: who attends, and is attendance related to medical certifying examination scores?John D FitzGerald
University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1670, USA
Acad Med 78:84-9. 2003..This study determines the factors associated with residents' attendance at didactic teaching conferences and the relationship of attendance to residents' scores on medical certification examinations.
- American Board of Radiology Perspective on Maintenance of Certification: Part IV--Practice Quality Improvement for Diagnostic RadiologyJanet L Strife
American Board of Radiology, 5441 E Williams Blvd, Suite 200, Tucson, AZ 85711, USA
Radiographics 27:769-74. 2007
- Maintenance of certificationJohn E Madewell
American Board of Radiology, Tucson, Arizona, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 2:22-32. 2005Maintenance of certification (MOC) recognizes that in addition to medical knowledge, several essential elements involved in delivering quality care must be developed and maintained throughout one's career...
- Association between maintenance of certification examination scores and quality of care for medicare beneficiariesEric S Holmboe
American Board of Internal Medicine, 510 Walnut St, Ste 1700, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1396-403. 2008..we set out to determine associations between general internists' performance on the American Board of Internal Medicine maintenance of certification examination and the receipt of important processes of care by Medicare patients.
- Rural Emergency Department staffing and participation in emergency certification and training programsMichelle M Casey
Division of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55414, USA
J Rural Health 24:253-62. 2008..The practice of emergency medicine presents many challenges in rural areas...
- Certification and licensing of clinical medical physicists in AFOMP countriesW H Round
School of Engineering, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand
Australas Phys Eng Sci Med 34:309-15. 2011..These are often followed by formal certification by independent bodies, and medical physics professional organizations (MPPOs) affirming the quality of ..
- Canadian physiotherapists' views on certification, specialisation, extended role practice, and entry-level training in rheumatologyLinda C Li
Department of Physical Therapy, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 9:88. 2009....
- European certification of clinical competence in adult echocardiography issued in Belgium. The Steering Committee of the Belgian Working Group on Echocardiography and Cardiac DopplerP Decoodt
Clinique de Cardiologie, , Brussels, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 50:265-71. 1995In accordance with the European proposals, adapted guidelines are proposed for a certification of clinical competence in adult echocardiography, with transoesophageal echocardiography as a special option...
- Production and validation of Putonghua- and Cantonese-Chinese language National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale training and certification videosR T F Cheung
Department of Medicine Neurology, and Research Centre of Heart, Brain, Hormone and Healthy Aging, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Int J Stroke 5:74-9. 2010..We report our experience with new Putonghua- and Cantonese-Chinese language NIHSS (PC-NIHSS and CC-NIHSS) training and certification videos.
- Asbestosis in an asbestos composite mill at Mumbai: a prevalence studyV Murlidhar
Department of Surgery, LTM Medical College, Sion, Mumbai 400 022, India
Environ Health 4:24. 2005....
- Are medical postgraduate certification processes valid? A systematic review of the published evidenceLinda Hutchinson
St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Med Educ 36:73-91. 2002To collate the published works on validation of assessments used in postgraduate medical certification.
- Quality assured health care in certified breast centers and improvement of the prognosis of breast cancer patientsMatthias W Beckmann
University Breast Center Franconia, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Erlangen, Universitätsstrasse 21 23, Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
Onkologie 34:362-7. 2011Increasing effort has been put in the implementation and certification of breast centers in order to establish standardized, quality assured health care for breast cancer patients...
- Sickness certification as a complex professional and collaborative activity--a qualitative studyAnna Kiessling
Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, 182 88 Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Public Health 12:702. 2012..A manifold of studies have identified a wide spectrum of medical and insurance-related problems in sickness certification. Despite educational efforts aiming to improve physicians' knowledge of social insurance medicine there are no ..
- Sickness certification for mental health problems: an analysis of a general practice consultation databaseChristian D Mallen
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
Prim Health Care Res Dev 12:179-82. 2011..This study aims to use general practice consultation data to determine the rate of sickness certification for common mental health problems.
- Neurosurgery certification in member societies of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies: AsiaJaime Gasco
Division of Neurological Surgery at University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
World Neurosurg 75:325-34. 2011To objectively compare the complexity and diversity of the certification process in neurological surgery in member societies of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies.
- Relationship between general practitioner certification and characteristics of careGraeme Miller
Family Medicine Research Centre, University of Sydney, Australia
Med Care 42:770-8. 2004The introduction of mandatory or quasimandatory certification processes for general/family doctors has become common in many countries, including Australia. Whether certification effects the care provided is rarely investigated.
- White paper: value of specialty certification in pharmacyFrancoise G Pradel
Center on Drugs and Public Policy, School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 44:612-20. 2004To address the value of Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties (BPS) certification, particularly as perceived by different stakeholders (pharmacists, employers, government, and academia), and to draw a parallel between specialization and ..
- Sickness certificationSara Bird
Medico Legal and Advisory Services, MDA National, Australia
Aust Fam Physician 40:69-71. 2011..This article provides some guidance for GPs about writing certificates certifying illness, and discusses common medicolegal issues associated with sickness certificates...
- Exploring the impact of a new translation process on the performance of French form writers of the Canadian Certification ExamMary Egan
School of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Ontario
Can J Occup Ther 74:401-6. 2007In an effort to ensure fairness to French form writers of the Canadian Certification Exam, CAOT instituted a new translation process in 2000.
- [Views on the new psychiatric specialist certification system from the perspective of those experiencing the postgraduate psychiatric training system in Japan]Wakako Umene-Nakano
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health
Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 113:271-6. 2011The psychiatric specialist certification system of the Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology was established in 2005, with a transitional period that ran until 2008...
- Multidisciplinary breast centres in Germany: a review and update of quality assurance through benchmarking and certificationMarkus Wallwiener
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Heidelberg, Voßstraße 9, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 285:1671-83. 2012..proof of principle for a voluntary, external benchmarking programme and proof of concept for third-party dual certification of breast centres and their mandatory quality management systems to the German Cancer Society (DKG) and German ..
- Is the NIHSS certification process too lenient?Nancy K Hills
Stroke Sciences Group, Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0114, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 27:426-32. 2009..The manner in which the rater certification test is scored yields multiple correct answers that have changed over time...
- DPD directors' attitudes are more favorable toward food-safety education than certificationSandra M Gross
West Chester University, Sturzebecker Health Sciences Center, PA 19383, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 102:930-6. 2002..To determine the prevalence of food-safety education in didactic programs in dietetics (DPDs) across the United States and factors associated with the provision of this education and to explore DPD directors' attitudes toward food safety...
- Rates of sickness certification in European primary care: a systematic reviewGwenllian Wynne-Jones
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
Eur J Gen Pract 14:99-108. 2008..The management of sickness absence across Europe varies considerably, and there is a need for comparable rates of certification to facilitate appropriate health and economic planning.
- Performance on the internal medicine second-year residency in-training examination predicts the outcome of the ABIM certifying examinationH Waxman
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19141
J Gen Intern Med 9:692-4. 1994..results of the in-training examination can serve residents as an important measure of their preparedness for certification and can be useful in identifying the need for more intensive self-study strategies during the subsequent one ..
- Results and repeatability of retinal thickness measurements from certification submissionsRonald P Danis
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 126:45-50. 2008..To present the results for subgroups defined by center point (CP) measurement and to assess the repeatability of the Fast Retinal Thickness Map analysis results from the Stratus OCT3 machine...
- Objective assessment, selection, and certification in surgeryMelina C Vassiliou
McGill University Health Centre, Montreal General Hospital, 1650 Cedar Avenue, L9 518, Montreal, QC, H3G 1A4 Canada
Surg Oncol 20:140-5. 2011..When assessments are used for high-stakes evaluations like certification, they must be demonstrably reliable and valid...
- Forest certification--an instrument to promote sustainable forest management?Ewald Rametsteiner
Institute of Forest Sector Policy and Economics, University of Agricultural Sciences Vienna, Gregor Mendel Str 33, Austria
J Environ Manage 67:87-98. 2003Forest certification was introduced in the early 1990s to address concerns of deforestation and forest degradation and to promote the maintenance of biological diversity, especially in the tropics...
- Trichinae certification in the United States pork industryDavid G Pyburn
USDA APHIS VS, 210 Walnut Street, Suite 891 Des Moines, IA 50309, USA
Vet Parasitol 132:179-83. 2005..6%) indicated compliance with the required good production practices. These sites are eligible for certification under the U.S. Trichinae Certification Program and will be audited regularly to maintain that status...
- Isotopic discrimination as a tool for organic farming certification in sweet pepperFrancisco M Del Amor
Instituto Murciano de Investigacion y Desarrollo Agrario y Alimentario, 30150 La Alberca, Murcia, Spain
J Environ Qual 37:182-5. 2008..1 and 27.8%, respectively; and (iii) independently of the organic manure used, no additional fertilization (synthetic or organic) is required before 106 days after transplanting at that dosage because plant fresh weight was not reduced...
- [Evaluation of obesity treatment in children and adolescents (EvAKuJ Study). Role of therapeutic concept, certification, and quality indicators]U Hoffmeister
Institut fur Epidemiologie, Universitat Ulm, Deutschland
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 54:603-10. 2011Different providers of obesity treatment in children and adolescents in Germany were compared using the following criteria: outpatient/inpatient; with/without AGA certification; good/less good quality.
- Factors associated with American Board of Medical Specialties member board certification among US medical school graduatesDonna B Jeffe
Division of Health Behavior Research, Washington University School of Medicine, 4444 Forest Park Ave, Ste 6700, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
JAMA 306:961-70. 2011b>Certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) member board is emerging as a measure of physician quality.
- Physicians' messages in problematic sickness certification: a narrative analysis of case reportsMonika Engblom
Division of Insurance Medicine, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Fam Pract 12:18. 2011Many physicians find sickness certification tasks problematic. There is some knowledge about situations that are experienced as problematic, whereas less is understood about how physicians respond to the problems they face...
- [Validation of the Kihon Checklist for predicting the risk of 1-year incident long-term care insurance certification: the Ohsaki Cohort 2006 Study]Yasutake Tomata
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Public Health and Forensic Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Nihon Koshu Eisei Zasshi 58:3-13. 2011..However, few reports have investigated predictive ability of incident long-term care insurance certification in the Kihon Checklist...
- The value of program certification for performance contractingC Macias
Fountain House, Inc, New York, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 26:345-60. 1999..ICCD-certified clubhouses and 88 non-certified clubhouses with which to test the discriminant validity of ICCD certification. A statistically significant logistic regression model revealed that ICCD certification status could be ..
- Checklists for assessment and certification of clinical procedural skills omit essential competencies: a systematic reviewRobert K McKinley
Keele University School of Medicine, Keele University, Keele, UK
Med Educ 42:338-49. 2008..To develop generic criteria for the global assessment of clinical procedural competence and to quantify the extent to which existing checklists allow for holistic assessment of procedural competencies...
- K-Train--a computer-based, interactive training program with an incorporated certification system for practicing kinetic perimetry: evaluation of acceptance and success rateU Schiefer
University Eye Hospital, Department of Pathophysiology of Vision and Neuro ophthalmology, Tuebingen, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:1300-9. 2006..To evaluate, in an experimental study, an interactive, computer-based teaching procedure for kinetic perimetry that incorporates an evaluation system for scoring examination technique...
- Work-related sickness absence negotiations: GPs' qualitative perspectivesAnnemarie Money
Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health, University of Manchester, Manchester
Br J Gen Pract 60:721-8. 2010GPs can find their role as issuers of sickness certification problematic, particularly in trying to maintain a balance between certifying absence and preserving the doctor-patient relationship...
- The current practice of infection prevention as demonstrated by the practice analysis survey of the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, IncFran Feltovich
Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology Inc, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Am J Infect Control 38:784-8. 2010The Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc., (CBIC) provides direction and administers the certification process for infection prevention professionals...
- Strengthening end-of-life care through specialty nursing certificationPeg Esper
Nurse Practitioner, University of Michigan Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Prof Nurs 18:130-9. 2002..was to determine the adequacy of content related to end-of-life (EOL) care in materials used in the nursing certification process across clinical nursing specialties...
- A modeling study on the sustainability of a certification-and-monitoring program for paratuberculosis in cattlePauline Ezanno
Veterinary School and INRA, Unit of Animal Health Management, BP 40706, 44307 Nantes Cedex 03, France
Vet Res 36:811-26. 2005b>Certification-and-monitoring programs for paratuberculosis are based on repetitive herd testing to establish a herd's health status. The available tests have poor sensitivity...
- Association of physician certification and outcomes among patients receiving an implantable cardioverter-defibrillatorJeptha P Curtis
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8017, USA
JAMA 301:1661-70. 2009..Allowing nonelectrophysiologists to perform implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) procedures is controversial. However, it is not known whether outcomes of ICD implantation vary by physician specialty...
- European guidelines for the certification of professionals in sleep medicine: report of the task force of the European Sleep Research SocietyDirk Pevernagie
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Ghent University, Belgium
J Sleep Res 18:136-41. 2009..These guidelines are a European standard. They may be adapted in the future according to new scientific insights. National certification programs that comply with these guidelines may be subject to homologation by the ESRS.
- Time trends in personnel certification and turnover in the Collaborative Ocular Melanoma StudyRenée Y Mobley
Clinical Trials and Biometry, The Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Trials 1:377-86. 2004The purpose of this analysis was to examine and quantify the coordinating center workload in regard to certification and turnover of clinical personnel who participated in the Collaborative Ocular Melanoma Study (COMS).
- Certification pass rate of 100% for fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery skills after proficiency-based trainingDaniel J Scott
Southwestern Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9156, USA
Surg Endosc 22:1887-93. 2008..of laparoscopic surgery (FLS) program has been extensively validated for use as a high-stakes examination for certification purposes, but optimal methods for its use in skills training have not been described...
- Impact of physician-related factors on sickness certification in primary health careGunilla Norrmén
Uppsala University, Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Family Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology Section, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 24:104-9. 2006..To investigate what factors are associated with physicians' decisions on whether or not to sickness certify the patient at a consultation...
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale certification is reliable across multiple venuesPatrick Lyden
Department of Neurosciences, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego CA 92103, USA
Stroke 40:2507-11. 2009National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale certification is required for participation in modern stroke clinical trials and as part of good clinical care in stroke centers...
- Effect of board certification on antihypertensive treatment intensification in patients with diabetes mellitusAlexander Turchin
Division of Endocrinology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 221 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 117:623-8. 2008Regular recertification is mandatory to maintain board certification status in all specialties. However, the evidence that physicians' performance decreases with time since initial certification is limited...
- Issuing sickness certificates: a difficult task for physicians: a qualitative analysis of written statements in a Swedish surveyUlla Gerner
Section of Personal Injury Prevention, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Public Health 37:57-63. 2009There is scientific evidence, but limited, that physicians experience sickness certification tasks as problematic. More knowledge is needed about physicians' own opinions on this matter.
- Certification of mono-, di-, and tributyltin compounds in marine sediment certified reference material by species-specific isotope dilution mass spectrometric analysis using synthesized 118Sn-labeled butyltinsKazumi Inagaki
Environmental Standard Section, National Metrology Institute of Japan NMIJ, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Umezono 1 1 1, Tsukuba, Tsukuba Central 3, 305 8563, Ibaraki, Japan
Anal Bioanal Chem 378:1265-70. 2004..The sediment material was air-dried, sieved, homogenized, and packaged into 1,000 glass bottles (60 g each). Certification of NMIJ CRM 7301-a was carried out at NMIJ using two different types of species-specific isotope dilution mass ..
- Dealing with sickness certification - a survey of problems and strategies among general practitioners and orthopaedic surgeonsBritt Arrelöv
Department of Development in Health and Medical Services, FORUM, Box 175 33 Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Public Health 7:273. 2007..a sick-listed person need a medical certificate issued by a physician; in Sweden after one week of self-certification. Physicians experience sick-listing tasks as problematic and conflicts may arise when patients regard ..
- Certification and training in critical care ultrasoundPaul E Marik
Intensive Care Med 34:215-7. 2008
- Do family physicians with emergency medicine certification actually practise family medicine?Benjamin T B Chan
CMAJ 167:869-70. 2002
- The changing pool of international medical graduates seeking certification training in US graduate medical education programsGerald P Whelan
Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, 3624 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
JAMA 288:1079-84. 2002..Changes in the number and characteristics of those seeking certification directly affect the GME population and the future physician workforce in the United States...
- Quality assurance and certification of health IT-systems communicating data in primary and secondary health sectorIb Johansen
Danish Centre for Health Telematics, MedCom Rugaardsvej 15, 2 DK5000 Odense C, Denmark
Stud Health Technol Inform 95:601-5. 2003..These problems are solved in the 3 years MedCom certification and consolidation project...
- [The (non)sense of certification in intensive care medicine. The problem of the detection of suitable indicator systems]D A Vagts
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivtherapie, Universitat Rostock, Schillingallee 35, 18057 Rostock, Deutschland
Anaesthesist 58:81-7. 2009b>Certification is a compulsory element of today's quality management. However, the instruments used for certification have mostly originally been developed for industrial purposes...
- High Throughput Genotyping and DNA Sequencing for Studying the Genetic ContributiSonia Dua; Fiscal Year: 2013..data generated in a laboratory that has received CLIA (Clinical Laboratories Improvement Amendments) certification. The menu of CLIA approved services may expand...
- AMERICAN SOCIETY OF HUMAN GENETICS PUBLIC HEALTH GENETICS FELLOWSHIPJoann A Boughman; Fiscal Year: 2011..5. Human Subjects Certification, when applicable (45 CFR 46) D PART B: This part is provided to assure that pertinent information has been ..
- Cerebral metabolism, EEG, and sleep cycling in critically ill neonatesRenée A Shellhaas; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): Candidate: The PI is a board-certified child neurologist and pediatrician, with additional certification in clinical neurophysiology and a master's degree in clinical research design and statistics...
- VISUAL SCIENCES TRAINING PROGRAMEric Pearlman; Fiscal Year: 2013..edu E-Mail: email@example.com 14. APPLICANT ORGANIZATION CERTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: I certify that SIGNATURE_OF OFFICIAL NAMED IN 13...
- Durable Visible Light-activated Antivral Coatings for Fabrics Used for Personal PJOSEF STEPHAN SCHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2011..physical integrity testing, bench testing and performance testing for submission of the N95 mask for NIOSH certification. The Specific Aims for this Phase II project are to: 1) Continue refinements of the antiviral chemistry used ..
- Mediators &prognostic value of muscle mass &function in chronic kidney diseaseFrancis Perry Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Wilson is currently a post-doctoral researcher with Internal Medicine and Nephrology board certification. He was awarded a Master of Science of Clinical Epidemiology (MSCE) degree in August of 2012...
- Gross Hall Animal Resource CenterSusan V Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2010..buildings, with three recent campus building projects already LEED "Gold" certified, including the first gold certification in Orange County...
- Inflammation and T Lymphocyte ImmunoregulationAnn B Hill; Fiscal Year: 2013..edu E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 14. APPLICANT ORGANIZATION CERTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: I certify that SIGNATURE OF OFFICIAL NAMED IN 13...
- NIH Director's Pioneer AwardKarl Deisseroth; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Randomized trial of active vitamin D, cholecalciferol and placebo for CKD-MBDSharon M Moe; Fiscal Year: 2011..and Function Coordinating Core will develop a training video tape, training manual and site training certification procedures;e) The Radiology core will optimize transfer of radiographs in de-identified manner for central ..
- College of Medicine Phoenix Campus Vivarium Phase I ConstructionWilliam M Crist; Fiscal Year: 2010..on Climate Change, signed by the participating University Presidents, this project will pursue LEED Silver certification with sustainability concepts, including recycling, energy efficiency, reduced water use and sustainable site ..
- Functional and Structural Neuroanatomy in Late-Life Generalized Anxiety DisorderCarmen Andreescu; Fiscal Year: 2013..She obtained her board certification after completing her residency and clinical fellowship at the Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic at the ..
- Step2 CS Training in Alcohol Addiction and the Medical Consequences of AlcoholMARY P METCALF; Fiscal Year: 2012..of training (internship/residency/fellowship) or practice (continuing professional development, specialty certification, and maintenance of certification)...
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN VISION SCIENCEW Clay Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..ufl.edu E-Mail: uf email@example.com 14. APPLICANT ORGANIZATION CERTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: I certify that SIGNATURE OF OFFICIAL NAMED IN 13...
- Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation Clinical Research ConstructionStephen M Prescott; Fiscal Year: 2010..This is one of the first buildings in Oklahoma to have achieved Gold certification by the US Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design program...
- Space Renovation for New Research Center for the Neglected Diseases of PovertyJohn Williams; Fiscal Year: 2010..The renovation project will employ green/sustainable technologies and design approaches, and will obtain LEED certification. All spaces will be ADA accessible...
- Population-Based Assessment of Cancer Trial Generalizability in the ElderlyElizabeth B Lamont; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., demographics, comorbidity) and providers (e.g., board certification, years in practice)...
- CLINICAL THERAPEUTICSMark J Ratain; Fiscal Year: 2013..data interpretation and presentation, and be prepared for a competitive academic research career, as well as certification in Clinical Pharmacology...
- Research Training: Mental Health Behavior GeneticsJohn K Hewitt; Fiscal Year: 2013..Predoctoral trainees receive doctorate degrees from a cooperating academic unit and certification in behavior genetics...
- Ethics of research in Latin American countries. Advanced ProgramFERNANDO S LOLAS; Fiscal Year: 2012..After completing the training period (12 months) a certification will be obtained...
- Equipment for Gross Hall VivariumJEFFREY GOODWIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Gross Hall, site of the GHARC and proposed Breeding Center, has received LEED Platinum certification, and the proposed Breeding Center Facility would use "green" cage racks (63% more energy efficient);Variable ..
- SWAN Repository IIISioban D Harlow; Fiscal Year: 2013..edu E-Mat^ firstname.lastname@example.org 14. APPLICANT ORGANIZATION CERTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: I certify that 9fGNATURt OF Cf FICIAL the statements herein are true, complete and accurate to ..
- Foot Prosthesis Using Tensegrity Design PrinciplesJEROME RIFKIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..that provides for an efficient stride and a decrease in the applied load on the residual limb;2) acquire ISO certification for the product;and 3) run a beta test with 50 amputees to verify that the new prosthetic foot will be ..
- Research Training - Developmental Behavioral GeneticsMichael C Stallings; Fiscal Year: 2013..Predoctoral trainees receive doctorate degrees from a cooperating academic unit and certification in behavior genetics...
- Online Training &Certification for Competency in Dementia Friendly Hospital CareMary Sherman Mittelman; Fiscal Year: 2013..24/7, national access (both urban and rural) to top-quality dementia training as well as an individual certification program anticipated to be accredited by the Alzheimer's Association...
- Assisted Reproductive Technology &Risk of Childhood CancerLogan G Spector; Fiscal Year: 2013..programs that provide ART services in the United States as mandated by the federal Fertility Success Rate and Certification Act of 1992 [PL 102-493]...
- Genetic Basis of Oligozoospermia in Infertile MalesAlexander N Yatsenko; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): The applicant is a clinical molecular geneticist who is eligible for ABMG-accredited certification in the Clinical Molecular Genetics program...
- Neuronal Mechanisms of Peroxisomal Biogenesis Defects in DrosophilaMICHAEL FRANCIS WANGLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..The applicant holds an M.D. degree, and has completed specialty training and board certification in pediatrics and is currently completing sub-specialty training in Medical Genetics...
- TRAINING GRANT IN GENETICSCYNTHIA CASSON MORTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Molecular Genetic Pathology) and in all areas of combined training with medical genetics leading to dual board certification (Internal Medicine/Medical Genetics, Pediatrics/Medical Genetics, and Maternal-Fetal Medicine/Medical Genetics)..
- HLA Chip Product for FDA 510K ApprovalKRISHNA JAYARAMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The specific focus of this Phase II Competing Renewal is to obtain both ASHI certification (as a service offering) and FDA 510K approval for the HLA-Chip, to support generalized HLA-typing...
- COMBINING TESTOSTERONE THERAPY AND EXERCISE TO IMPROVE FUNCTION POST HIP FRACTUREKenneth B Schechtman; Fiscal Year: 2013..establishing the means to assure standardization of procedures across sites, and plans for staff training and certification. We will bring together an outstandin team of investigators with expertise conducting clinical trials of hip ..
- Behavioral Economic Analysis of Medical Marijuana Use in HIV+ PatientsMark K Greenwald; Fiscal Year: 2013..data about factors that influence: marijuana use patterns, abuse potential, decisions to seek/renew medical certification, impact of marijuana use on HIV risk behaviors, and health outcomes...
- Enhanced Evaluation of Second Stage Translational ResearchTERRENCE EDWARD MURPHY; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aims 2 and 3 we analyze the Healthy Food Certification (HFC), a non-randomized community-based intervention that promoted adoption of voluntary state nutritional ..
- A Dual-drug Delivery to Inhibit Causes of Periodontal DiseasesRAJIV KUMAR SATSANGI; Fiscal Year: 2012..All of these studies are mandated for FDA's Investigational New Device (IND) certification before its upgrade for clinical studies in future...
- Understanding Access to Hospice CareMELISSA DIANE ALDRIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2011..50 Medicare is the primary payor of hospice and approximately 94% 18 of hospices are Medicare certified. Certification requires satisfying several "conditions of participation 50 related to the availability of hospice services ..
- Understanding Mechanisms of Ethnic Disparities in Colorectal Cancer ScreeningJames S Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2012..the effects of provider characteristics (years in practice, age, volume of cases, primary specialty board certification, affiliation with academic medical centers, etc...
- Web System for Engaging Families &Doctors in Continuous Asthma Quality ImprovemeSande O Okelo; Fiscal Year: 2013..professional and patient feedback and piloting and presented to medical specialty boards for formal QI MOC certification. In Phase II the system is further refined and then tested for effectiveness in improving asthma control by a ..
- Occupational Safety and Health Training Project GrantCarrie A Redlich; Fiscal Year: 2013..Yale OEM residency is an integrated two-year academic and practicum program leading to board eligibility for certification in Occupational Medicine by the American Board of Preventive Medicine as well as a Masters of Public Health (..
- A multilevel approach to understanding healthcare disparities in the nursing homeLATARSHA CHISHOLM; Fiscal Year: 2009..Three data sets will be used in this study: On-Line Survey Certification of Automated Records (OSCAR), Medicare Cost Reports, and Area Resource File (ARF)...
- Emerging Safety and Quality Issues in the Care of Hospitalized ChildrenNORA ESTEBAN-CRUVIANI; Fiscal Year: 2013..hospitalists have had no formal post-residency training, with no official mechanism for instruction and board certification. It is crucial that hospitalists, particularly those isolated within community medical centers in ..
- Targeted Modulation of the Death Receptor as a Therapeutic Strategy for GliomaJAY FITZGERALD DORSEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..training in Radiation Oncology at the University of Pennsylvania and has passed his Radiation Oncology Board-Certification exams...
- Texas A&M University Interdisciplinary Life Sciences Building Build-OutJEFFREY RANDALL SEEMANN; Fiscal Year: 2010..facility was designed using green and sustainable principles and was constructed to meet LEED "Silver" Certification standards...
- A National Training Program in Reproductive MedicineChristos Coutifaris; Fiscal Year: 2013..Formal certification for this training in Reproductive Medicine is under the aegis of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology ..
- Research Training: Complementary &Integrative MedicineGloria Y Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2013..Fellows also take in-depth courses in CIMT in order to acquire practitioner skills/certification to inform their research. Most of the trainees'time is devoted to their own research...
- PORTABLE IMAGING DEVICE FOR PROSTATE CANCER DETECTIONArmen Sarvazyan; Fiscal Year: 2009..engineering will be on completing the design history file, verification, validation and safety certification testing...
- Postdoctoral Research Training in Pediatric Clinical PharmacologyJamie L Renbarger; Fiscal Year: 2013..potential as clinician scientists from candidates with MD or MD/ PhD degrees who qualify for primary specialty certification. Exceptional PhD or PharmD candidates with experience and goals related to the objectives of the program may ..
- Prevention of Adult Caries Study (PACS) Data Coordinating CenterWILLIAM MARION VOLLMER; Fiscal Year: 2010..communication, data entry, documentation, and monitoring;2) arrange for and conduct ongoing training and certification of study staff with respect to data collection, data entry, and trial monitoring;3) monitor recruitment and ..
- Evaluating Pay for Performance and its Design: Evidence from Nursing HomesRachel M Werner; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using national data on all US nursing homes from the Minimum Data Set, Medicare claims, and the Online Survey, Certification, and Reporting (OSCAR) database from 1999 to 2009, this study examines changes in the quality of nursing home ..
- Changing Pediatric Office Systems Nationally to Address Parental Tobacco UseJonathan P Winickoff; Fiscal Year: 2013..The module satisfies the new American Board of Pediatrics Maintenance of Certification Performance in Practice requirement creating a natural "pull" for the training...
- Breaking the Cycle of Poverty Among Seniors and Their Family CaregiversMelissa Andrea Simon; Fiscal Year: 2012..to properly care for their family-member, could find a road back to employment through additional training and certification in caregiving...
- Packaging Cell Lines for Lentiviral Vector ProductsKENNETH G CORNETTA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Phase II will include the certification to meet FDA Guidances so the lines may be used in Good Manufacturing Practices...
- Better Outcomes for Children: GWAS &PheWAS in eMERGEII.Isaac S Kohane; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 2 we will contribute 6,861 cases that have EMRs, DNA, GWAS data, and institutional certification for submission to dbGaP, as well as a path to return results...
- Translational Research and Laboratory Animal Medicine Education for VeterinariansDiane J Gaertner; Fiscal Year: 2013..Veterinarians completing this program will qualify to sit for certification by the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM)...
- Data Coordinating Center for the NHLBI Asthma Network (AsthmaNet)David T Mauger; Fiscal Year: 2013..formatting data collection forms for each protocol, preparing and leading training sessions, establishing certification criteria for AsthmaNet procedures, and writing the manuals of operations;(5) monitor and evaluate protocol ..
- Whole-Glove Integrity and Chemical Resistance of Disposable Nitrile GlovesBOB PHALEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..be to provide guidelines for the development of improved materials performance testing and possible future certification of disposable NBR gloves for critical exposure conditions...
- A TELEHEALTH INNOVATION TO SUPPORT WEIGHT LOSS SURGERYVESTA BRUE; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, gaps will be filled for surgeons, as certification of weight loss clinics is trending toward greater outcomes reporting requirements - a difficult production ..
- Zinc supplementation in alcoholic cirrhosisMATTHEW C CAVE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Studies (I-MS) focusing on toxicology, clinical trial design, and biostatistics, and (ii) board certification in nutrition (ABPNS)...
- Novel Mechanisms of Regenerative Fetal Wound Repair by IL-10Sundeep G Keswani; Fiscal Year: 2013..an MD degree, this investigator trained for 9 years in adult and pediatric general surgery that led to board certification in both of these fields...
- A Tool for Supporting and Monitoring Decision Making in ADHDBarbara Howard; Fiscal Year: 2013..are required to conduct a QI effort in use of evidence based practices in order to maintain professional certification through the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP)...
- Pelvic floor Disorders Network-Data Coordinating CenterCATHERINE A SPINO; Fiscal Year: 2010..or remote data entry, submission of an IND to the FDA when necessary, and by organizing training and certification sessions, as needed. 4. Establish a database for each study conducted by the PFDN. 5...
- Teen Longitudinal Assessment of Bariatric Surgery (Teen-LABS) renewalCHARLES RALPH BUNCHER; Fiscal Year: 2013..sample tracking, partnership in study publications, coordination of study meetings, study staff training &certification. IRB and NIH reporting requirements, site auditing and monitoring, database quality assurance, coordination ..
- Improving Older Adults'Decision Making For Obstructive Sleep Apnea TreatmentConstance Fung; Fiscal Year: 2013..She has fellowship training and board certification in both Geriatrics and Sleep Medicine, fellowship training in Health Services Research, and leadership and ..
- DENTIST SCIENTIST PROGRAM AWARD--INSTITUTIONALChristopher Squier; Fiscal Year: 2003..department or as an interdisciplinary basic science/dental science degree; (2) clinical training, leading to certification in endodontics, oral pathology, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, ..
- Online Training for Methadone Maintenance Treatment ProvidersHILARY LIBERTY; Fiscal Year: 2009..and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) continuing education credits (which are required for continued certification as a counselor) will be offered where applicable...
- THE IMPACT OF THE MEDICARE HOSPICE BENEFIT ON HOSPICESVivian Ho; Fiscal Year: 1990..used to determine whether Medicare certified hospices experience more growth in patient census before or after certification, and whether certified hospices grow faster than non-certified ones...
- DENTIST SCIENTIST AWARD--INSTITUTIONAL (K-16)Robert Genco; Fiscal Year: 2003..D. in other departments, (2) clinical training most often leading to certification in the clinical specialties of periodontics, Endodontics, Fixed or Removal Prosthodontics or Orthodontics...
- Genotyping assays for the most common mutations associated with abacavir hypersenBERTRAND LEMIEUX; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Phase I we will Implement design control, and secure ISO 13485 certification for BioHelix...
- Human Subjects Research Enhancement ProgramStephen Slogoff; Fiscal Year: 2002..A web based portal pilot project that allows on-line education, testing and certification of clinical investigators, implemented about a year ago on the medical center campus, has been ..
- MENTAL HEALTH AND NURSE STAFFING IN US NURSING HOMESSarah Myers; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will focus on two outcomes available in the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services' On-line Survey Certification of Automated Records: (1) Psychoactive medication use; and (2) Deficiencies for mental health care...
- Chemokine Signaling and Colitis in Gia2 Deficient MiceRobert Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2006DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Following MSTP-funded MD/ PhD training, residency and board certification in combined Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at Baylor College of Medicine, Dr...
- Primate Veterinarian Training at the WaNPRCCharlotte Hotchkiss; Fiscal Year: 2009..This demonstrates an obvious shortfall in the number of veterinarians that are qualified (as measured by ACLAM certification) to care for laboratory animals in a biomedical research setting...
- DENTIST-SCIENTIST TRAINING PROGRAM AT UCSFGrayson Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2003..D. programs in Oral Biology or Bioengineering. Clinical specialty certification will be obtained in one of six clinical areas: oral and maxillofacial surgery, oral medicine, orthodontics, ..
- SHARE-HRS Training Harmonization and CertificationAXEL BOERSCH SUPAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specifically, this application would finance the SRC's train-the-trainer program for the 2008/09 wave and certification of adherence to the trained methods through SRC...
- STRESS PROTEIN MODULATION OF MEASLES VIRAL ENCEPHALITISDaphne Vasconcelos; Fiscal Year: 1999..career development program is described for a veterinarian with five years of practice experience and board certification by the American College of Veterinary Pathologists...
- CONSEQUENCES OF PHYSICAL RESTRAINTSNicholas Castle; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION (PROVIDED BY APPLICANT): In nursing home inspections conducted by state licensure and certification agencies, a physical restraint is defined as a device that is attached and cannot be easily removed by the resident which ..