hospital pathology department
Summary: Hospital department which administers and provides pathology services.
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- Referrals for second opinion in surgical pathology: implications for management of cancer patients in the UKI S Cook
Department of Histopathology, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, Cosham, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 27:589-94. 2001..Histopathology referrals do not seem to be adequately costed and accounted for in interinstitutional service level agreements within the UK National Health Service...
- [Quality control in surgical pathology--analysis of a questionnaire]Akinori Ishihara
Department of Clinical Pathology, Matsusaka Chuo Hospital, Matsusaka 515 8566
Rinsho Byori 50:595-9. 2002..We propose the development of a quality control manual that one pathologist can perform, the establishment of a substantial consultation system and seminars, and education on the importance of quality control for pathologists...
- Diagnostic 'errors' in anatomical pathology: relevance to Australian laboratoriesAnthony S Y Leong
Division of Anatomical Pathology, Hunter Area Pathology Service, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Pathology 38:490-7. 2006....
- The impact of the pathology workforce crisis on acute health careDebra Graves
The Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia, 207 Albion Street, Surry Hills, NSW
Aust Health Rev 31:S28-30. 2007..There is much talk of the crisis in medical workforce. This paper outlines the huge problem facing pathology services in Australia and the impact this will have on the delivery of health care services...
- Formaldehyde exposure in some educational hospitals of TehranMehdi Ghasemkhani
Occupational Health Department, School of Public Health and Institute of Public Health Research, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 14155 6145 Tehran, I R Iran
Ind Health 43:703-7. 2005..3 ppm). It is recommended that local exhaust ventilation should be installed to minimize the contact to formaldehyde in the staffs...
- Change of pathology request forms can reduce unwanted requests and testsJ Bailey
St James University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
J Clin Pathol 58:853-5. 2005..It has been shown that the design of laboratory request cards can influence patterns of test ordering and possibly reduce inappropriate requests...
- AST and telepathology benefit labsJack Zeineh
Trestle Corp, Newport Beach, CA, USA
MLO Med Lab Obs 36:20, 22-3. 2004
- An analysis of reference laboratory (send out) testing: an 8-year experience in a large academic medical centerDonna MacMillan
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Leadersh Manag Rev 18:216-9. 2004..In this study, we reviewed use of reference laboratory testing at the Massachusetts General Hospital, a large urban academic medical center in Boston, Massachusetts...
- Validity of frozen section in the diagnosis of breast lumps: 5 years experience at the Aga Khan University HospitalNuzhat Sultana
Department of Pathology, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 55:533-6. 2005..To determine the accuracy of frozen section in the diagnosis of breast lump...
- [Ophthalmopathology between yesterday and tomorrow]Jens Martin Rohrbach
Ophthalmopathologisches, Augenklinik des Universitäts Klinikums, Abt I, Tuebingen
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 221:87-91. 2004..Pure diagnostic pathology of the eye does not cover the costs. However, there are enough good reasons to keep the ophthalmopathological laboratories as parts of the eye hospitals...
- Houston, we've had a problem: when do we override rules?Daniel E Haun
Department of Pathology, Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans, New Orleans, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Improv 28:453-60, 417. 2002..They then provide a framework for documenting, discussing, and teaching the importance of making exceptions and changing rules...
- Using benchmarking to manage your laboratoryDavid S Wilkinson
Department of Pathology, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Clin Leadersh Manag Rev 17:5-8. 2003..It literally saved the laboratory. The keys were clarification, consistency, and communication...
- Improving the autopsy rate in a teaching hospitalTeresa Corona
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:1408-9. 2003
- Materials management's influence on laboratory purchasing decisionsCatherine Monahn
Clin Leadersh Manag Rev 17:237-8. 2003
- A model for consolidation of clinical microbiology laboratory services within a multihospital health-care systemElliot Carter
Department of Pathology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, USA
Clin Leadersh Manag Rev 18:211-5. 2004..The consolidation of our clinical microbiology services illustrates that significant financial savings can be achieved without compromise of efficiency or quality of service...
- Biothreat agents and pathology laboratoriesAnn Nelson
Division of AIDS Pathology, Department of Environmental and Infectious Disease Sciences, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington DC, USA
Semin Diagn Pathol 24:209-16. 2007....
- Facilitating meetingsJack E Garon
Chicago Medical School, Mt Sinai Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Leadersh Manag Rev 16:215-23. 2002..Facilitators must master five skills: goal orientation, using ground rules, listening, problem solving, and decisionmaking. This article explains how to successfully master those skills...
- A preliminary diagnosis service provides prospective blinded dual-review of all general surgical pathology cases in an academic practiceJamie A Weydert
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:801-5. 2005..Other academic institutions may similarly benefit from the addition of such a service...
- Setting standards for pathology service support to emergency servicesM Haeney
Salford Royal Hospitals NHS Trust, Hope Hospital, Salford M6 8HD, UK
J R Soc Med 94:26-30. 2001..When laboratory services are not accredited or POCT equipment and its usage are outside laboratory supervision, there should be concerns that quality standards for pathology service support of the emergency services are not being met...
- Subspecialisation in cellular pathology in the DGH setting: the Warwick experienceD S A Sanders
Department of Cellular Pathology, Warwick Hospital, Warwick, UK
J Clin Pathol 59:884-6. 2006..This move has been facilitated by implementation of a prospective workload allocation system. Perceived benefits in service delivery and career progression are highlighted...
- Pathology service and practice: solo-practice pathologist in a community hospital in Japan: personal experience and a proposal for cost- and time-effective practiceTetsuya Murata
Pathol Int 56:480-3. 2006
- The autopsy as a quality assurance tool: last rites or resurrection?Carmen K Steigman
Department of Pathology, Garden City Hospital, Garden City, MI, USA
MLO Med Lab Obs 34:28-33. 2002
- [Benchmarking in pathological anatomy]Palma P Dalla
U O di Anatomia Patologica, Ospedale S Chiara, Largo Medaglie d Oro 1, 38100 Trento
Pathologica 95:125-32. 2003..Nevertheless from this study is possible also to make some considerations about medical and technical workload in different services with different habits...
- Breast cancer pathology reporting: an audit to compare standards with minimum datasets in a district general hospitalNidhi Bhatt
Breast J 14:118-9. 2008
- [Timeliness of 5,979 surgical pathology reports]Aitao Guo
Department of Pathology, General Hospital of People s Liberation Army, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 31:530-3. 2002..To analyze the influence of prelaboratory and intralaboratory factors on the turnaround time of the reports in order to develop a reference database for continuous quality improvement, a retrospective study of the timeliness was reported...
- [Pathoanatomical work in the medical support services of the Armed Forces]V V Filatov
Voen Med Zh 323:12-5. 2002
- The role of the pathologist in wound managementAlan B G Lansdown
Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, London
Br J Nurs 16:S24-33. 2007..Emphasis is placed on the central role of research in furthering the study of wound healing and mechanisms of chronicity...
- [Cost-benefit analysis of the anatomo-pathological study of tonsillectomy specimens in the pediatric population]M P Prim
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 53:407-10. 2002..g. training of residents of Pathology and the quality control of the institution must be taken into consideration...
- Collection, banking and diagnostic archiving of tissuesG Bevilacqua
Divisione di Anatomia Patologica e Diagnostica Molecolare ed Ultrastrutturale, Universita di Pisa, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Pisana, Pisa, Italy
Pathologica 100:49-54. 2008
- N.Y. bill would put postanalytical onus on labsBowman Cox
CAP Today 19:38, 40. 2005
- Sage advice from Psyche SystemsBob Sage
MLO Med Lab Obs 36:30-1. 2004
- Introduction. PathologyRonald A DeLellis
Department of Pathology, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence 02903, USA
Med Health R I 88:210-1. 2005
- [Quality control in pathological anatomy: 10 years' experience]G Collina
Sezione di Anatomia, Istologia e Citologia Patologica M Malpighi, Dipartimento di Scienze Oncologiche, AUSL Città di Bologna, Universita di Bologna, Ospedale Bellaria, Bologna
Pathologica 95:171-8. 2003..All data collected from January 1999 to December 2002 have been reviewed for monitoring the laboratory performance. Emphasis has been given to changes that have been introduced recently to improve QA...
- How quickly can a renal transplant pathological diagnosis be completed? The demands of clinicians and the objections of pathologistsRitsuko Katafuchi
Kidney Unit, Harasanshin Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Clin Transplant 19:86-96. 2005..As renal transplant pathological diagnosis is difficult, all pathologists need a diagnostic support system. The creation of this system was thought to be a pressing matter...
- Fine needle aspiration of unilocular ovarian cysts--a cytohistological correlationZ Tahir
Department of Pathology, Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore
J Pak Med Assoc 54:266-9. 2004..To assess the diagnostic efficacy of Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology in differentiating neoplastic and non-neoplastic dysfunctional ovarian cysts--cytological findings to be verified with histology of excised cyst...
- Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) in KarachiNaila Kayani
Department of Pathology, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 55:199-202. 2005..It is a heterogeneous entity with several morphologic variants that differ in gross appearance, growth pattern, cytologic features, mammography, and malignant potential...
- Reducing the workload of a histopathology departmentK Love
Histopathology 45:415-6. 2004
- Effects of clinical service reorganisation on cellular pathology workloadS Winter
Department of ENT and Head and Neck Surgery, The Radcliffe Infirmary, Woodstock Road, Oxford OX2 6HE, UK
J Clin Pathol 57:22-6. 2004..The ear, nose, and throat (ENT), head and neck (HN) specialty was chosen for assessment...
- The impact of involvement of biomedical scientists in specimen dissection and selection of blocks for histopathology: a study of time benefits and specimen handling quality in Ayrshire and Arran area laboratoryF R Duthie
Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 84 Castle Street, Glasgow G4 0SF, UK
J Clin Pathol 57:27-32. 2004....
- Lymph node harvests directly influence the staging of colorectal cancer: evidence from a regional auditD F H Pheby
Unit of Applied Epidemiology, University of the West of England, Frenchay Campus, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY, UK
J Clin Pathol 57:43-7. 2004..To assess the quality of histopathology reporting and accuracy of Dukes's staging of colorectal cancers in the former South Western Health region and to determine the impact of numbers of lymph nodes examined on stage ascription...
- Flunking out. Three quit in fallout at Maryland General HospitalTony Fong
Mod Healthc 34:17. 2004
- [Thirty years of breast pathology in an anticancer center]Viviane Le Doussal
Centre Rene Huguenin, 5 rue G Latouche, 92211 Saint Cloud
Ann Pathol 23:486-91. 2003..Increasing means, fruitful exchanges within pathologists, and closer collaborations with other specialists have been key mediators of this evolution...
- The "demise" of diagnostic and research ocular pathology: temporary or forever?David J Apple
Laboratories for Ophthalmic Devices Research, John A Moran Eye Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 101:127-37; discussion 137-9. 2003..Indeed, many laboratories have closed or suffered marked cutbacks. The purpose of this report is to ask why this is so and to seek a possible means for reversing this trend...
- Removal, retention and storage of organs and tissue in the UKBridgit Dimond
University of Glamorgan
Br J Nurs 14:107-8. 2005
- Fallopian tube malignancies: A retrospective clinical pathological study of 17 casesA Liapis
University of Athens, Greece
J Obstet Gynaecol 28:93-5. 2008..The PFTC should be considered in the differential diagnosis of any pelvic mass. The treatment was surgical followed by adjuvant chemotherapy...
- Benchmarking for excellenceJoanne Poeggel
Clin Leadersh Manag Rev 17:297-301. 2003
- [The situation of ophthalmic pathology in Germany: the current status]J M Rohrbach
Department für Augenheilkunde, Eberhard Karls Universitat, Tubingen
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 226:740-6. 2009....
- Legal billing for pathology servicesDavid M Glaser
Fredrikson and Byron s Health Law Group, Minneapolis, USA
Minn Med 90:32-5. 2007....
- [Melanoma of the skin: excision policy and pathology report writing in the 'Integraal Kankercentrum Zuid' region is in accordance with the guideline in slightly more than half of the patients]A T Claassen
St Maartens Gasthuis, afd Chirurgie, Venlo
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 145:2079-83. 2001..To determine the extent to which the guidelines for cutaneous melanoma had been implemented in the diagnostic and treatment approach of general hospitals...
- [Topical problems in the organization of cytological studies in departments of pathology (the experience of a cytological center as part of the Leningrad Regional Department of Pathology)]V A Kotov
Arkh Patol 68:37-8. 2006..Cytological studies are a promising method in the morphological evaluation of biopsy specimens and surgical material and they should be considered as a morphological method in morbid anatomy...
- Malignant orofacial neoplasms in Lagos, NigeriaG T Arotiba
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Lagos University Teaching Hospital, P M B 12003, Lagos, Nigeria
East Afr Med J 83:62-8. 2006....
- [Analysis of factors related to delay in pathology reporting]Fei Ming Li
Department of Pathology, Dongyang People s Hospital, Zhejiang 322100, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 38:47-9. 2009..To investigate the factors related to delay in pathology reporting and to improve the quality of pathology service...
- Recommendations for quality assurance and improvement in surgical and autopsy pathologyRaouf Nakhleh
Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Hum Pathol 37:985-8. 2006..The Association of Directors of Anatomic and Surgical Pathology herein provides guidelines for QA and QI in surgical and autopsy pathology...
- Guidelines for HER2 testing in breast cancer: a national consensus of the Spanish Society of Pathology (SEAP) and the Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM)Joan Albanell
Medical Oncology Department, Hospital del Mar IMAS and Cancer Research Program, ES 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 11:363-75. 2009....
- Automatic coding of diagnostic reportsL M de Bruijn
Dept of Medical Informatics, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Methods Inf Med 37:260-5. 1998..The results indicate that the method is suitable for its purpose: suggesting potentially correct classifications to the reporting diagnostician...
- Does onsite cytotechnology evaluation improve the accuracy of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy?Fahad Alsohaibani
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 23:26-30. 2009..Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration (EUS-FNA) is the preferred modality for the cytological diagnosis of various cancers. Onsite cytopathology interpretation is not available in most centres...
- Ethical standardsE D Sonnenfeld
S Afr Med J 93:90. 2003
- [Promoting development of pathology department]Jie Zheng
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 34:471-2. 2005
- Proactive management of histopathology workloads: analysis of the UK Royal College of Pathologists' recommendations on specimens of limited or no clinical value on the workload of a teaching hospital gastrointestinal pathology serviceS S Cross
Academic Unit of Pathology, Section of Oncology and Pathology, Division of Genomic Medicine, School of Medicine and Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, South Yorkshire S10 2RX, UK
J Clin Pathol 55:850-2. 2002..To investigate the effect on the workload of a gastrointestinal pathology service of implementing the recommendations of the Royal College of Pathologists' (RCPath) working party on specimens of limited or no clinical value (LONCV)...
- Sample conservation: freezing, fixation and quality controlG Botti
Struttura Complessa di Anatomia Patologica, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Fondazione G Pascale, Napoli, Italy
Pathologica 100:76-85. 2008
- [Results of the activity of pathoanatomical service in Kuzbass after its reorganization]A G Zhuk
Arkh Patol 67:48-53. 2005..A new structure of the pathology service in the Kemerovo region which includes Kuznetsk area and its activity is considered...
- [New approaches to organization of clinicoanatomic analysis in prophylactic and therapeutic institutions]S L Vorob'ev
Arkh Patol 67:56-60. 2005..It is suggested that improvement of the postgraduate medical education and certification system in pathology must be updated. Positive experience in clinical-pathological analysis in regional clinical hospitals is presented...
- [Postgraduate medical training in anatomical pathology in Japanese national universities]Akitaka Nonomura
Pathology Section, Kanazawa University Hospital, Kanazawa 920 8641
Rinsho Byori 50:347-52. 2002....
- Vicarious liability. States differ in their treatment of agency. Estate of Carmine v. Sisters of Charity of Nazareth Health System, Inc., S. W. 3d, No. 2002-CA-001812-MR (Ct. App. Ky. Nov. 14, 2003); Roessler v. Novak, 858 S. E. 2d 1158 (Ct. App. Fla. 200John C West
AIG Consultants, Inc, Healthcare Management Division
J Healthc Risk Manag 24:32-3. 2004
- Cutting injuries in an academic pathology departmentBobbi S Pritt
Department of Pathology, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:1022-6. 2005..Cutting injuries pose an infrequent but serious threat to anatomic pathology personnel. Although cut-resistant gloves may reduce this danger, it is imperative to recognize specific behaviors that increase the chance of an injury...
- Pathology services delivery: policy analysis using a Nigerian tertiary institution as a prototypeE S Idogun
Department of Chemical Pathology, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria
Niger Postgrad Med J 13:301-4. 2006..The service provider (the laboratory) is faced with the task of trying to explain her problems...
- Telepathology at Tikur Anbessa Hospital: how telemedicine worksJakob Schneider
Department of Pathology, Tikur Anbessa Hospital, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ethiop Med J 43:51-3. 2005
- The national head and neck histopathology external quality assurance scheme: evolution, design, and analysis of 11 circulations from 1999 to 2005J A Woolgar
J Clin Pathol 59:482-8. 2006..The stringent marking of cases, and the flagging of performances showing "a meaningful deviation in standard" based on the decision of peer members rather than a rigid numerical formula, encourages high standards...
- [Legal regulation of pathoanatomic activity]V A Rykov
Arkh Patol 68:43-6. 2006..Knowledge of the laws, article 54, the law of 22.07.1993, N.5487-1 helps regulate the legal activity of the pathology service...
- Histopathology reporting in colorectal cancerP N Siriwardana
Ceylon Med J 51:156-7. 2006
- [Usefulness of the Department of Pathological Anatomy in a programme caring for HIV/AIDS patients]Reinaldo Luis Menéndez Capote
Aten Primaria 38:367-8. 2006
- Are clinicians failing to supply adequate information when requesting a histopathological investigation?J L Burton
Academic Unit of Pathology, Division of Genomic Medicine, University of Sheffield Medical School, Beech Hill Road, Sheffield S10 2RX, UK
J Clin Pathol 54:806-8. 2001..This is the first study to determine the adequacy of information provided when histopathological investigations are requested...
- Pathology processes and emergency department length of stay: the impact of changeAndrew J Francis
The Prince Charles Hospital Laboratory Group, Pathology Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 190:665-9. 2009....
- Retention and ownership of blocksBarbara Harty-Golder
MLO Med Lab Obs 36:37. 2004
- Reducing bruising after venepunctureP G Godwin
Airedale General Hospital, Steeton, Keighley, West Yorkshire
Qual Health Care 1:245-6. 1992..01) in the second audit. Monitoring of standards and simple modification of technique resulted in significant reduction in incidence and severity of bruising, improving the quality of the venepuncture service...
- [Age distribution of hospital autopsies 1977-1996. The relative frequency of autopsies on younger people has increased since the 1990 amendment]A Barkholt
H:S Rigshospitalet, Afdelingen for patologi
Ugeskr Laeger 163:6899-903. 2001..The percentage of autopsies performed on younger people has increased since the 1990 amendment...
- Quality improvement program to assure the delivery of pathology test results: a systemic intervention in a large general hospitalPnina Topol
Dermatology Clinic, Hadassah University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Dermatol Nurs 19:253-7. 2007..Theses two outcomes improved significantly after the intervention. This study demonstrates how nurses can play a major role in both patient and staff education and with performing organizational chance to strengthen patient safety...
- Reproducibility of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 analysis in primary breast cancer: a national survey performed at pathology departments in SwedenLisa Rydén
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Acta Oncol 48:860-6. 2009..The analysis of HER2 must be performed with good quality, with regard to both the immunohistochemical (IHC) and in situ hybridization (ISH) analysis...
- Test turnaround times and mortality rates 12 and 24 months after the introduction of a computerised provider order entry systemJohanna I Westbrook
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Lidcombe 1825, Australia
Methods Inf Med 48:211-5. 2009..hospital: i) are improvements in turnaround times achieved in the first 12 months after system introduction sustained 24 months post-implementation; and ii) do mortality rates change following the introduction of an order entry system?..
- [Twenty years' experience with the information system "biopsy" used in the work of a department of morbid anatomy]Iu P Gribunov
Arkh Patol 68:34-6. 2006..Automated exchange of orders for tests and their results not only reduces the time of their obtaining, but also lowers costs and enhances the efficiency of work pf a biopsy laboratory...
- Activity-based differentiation of pathologists' workload in surgical pathologyG A Meijer
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Virchows Arch 454:623-8. 2009....
- [The data-processing tool: an aid to implementation of quality assurance in a department of pathology. The example of Pap smears]Hervé Debaque
SCP des Docteurs F Bloget et D Declerck, 8 rue des Bellingants, 77210 Avon
Ann Pathol 26:375-81. 2006..This methodology is especially useful for Papsmears...
- Improving lymph node detection in colon cancer in community hospitals and their pathology department in southern NetherlandsL N van Steenbergen
Eindhoven Cancer Registry, Comprehensive Cancer Centre South, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 36:135-40. 2010..The aim was to investigate whether a set of measures directed at increasing lymph node (LN) detection among colon cancer patients led to clinically relevant changes in LN detection rate...
- [Medical students and the teaching of pathology: results of a survey in the faculty of medicine of Amiens]Denis Chatelain
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, centre hospitalier universitaire d Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens cedex 01, France
Ann Pathol 29:173-9. 2009..The aim of our survey was to assess the perception of teaching pathology by the medical students in the sixth year of the medical course (DCEM4), in the faculty of medicine of Amiens...
- Pathologic examination of the placenta and observed practiceWilliam M Curtin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Obstet Gynecol 109:35-41. 2007..To estimate the percentage of deliveries eligible for pathologic examination of the placenta and compare with observed practice using the College of American Pathologists' (CAP) 1997 guidelines for examination of the placenta...
- The rate of manual microscopic examination of urine sediment: a College of American Pathologists Q-Probes study of 11,243 urinalysis tests from 88 institutionsJoseph A Tworek
Department of Pathology, Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 132:1868-73. 2008..The manual microscopic examination (MME) of the urine sediment is an imprecise and labor-intensive procedure. Many laboratories have developed rules from clinical parameters or urinalysis results to limit the number of these examinations...
- Refining DICOM for pathology--progress from the IHE and DICOM pathology working groupsChristel Le Bozec
Stud Health Technol Inform 129:434-8. 2007..Joint efforts between IHE and DICOM WG26 has resulted in a proposed common model for "specimen" usable for both HL7 and DICOM transactions related to anatomic pathology...
- Barriers to e-health business processesSuzanne Mieczkowska
Open University Business School, Milton Keynes, UK
Int J Electron Healthc 1:47-59. 2004....
- Digital workflow management for quality assessment in pathologyThomas Kalinski
Department of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 204:17-21. 2008..Moreover, digital workflow management provides the basis for the integration of diagnostic virtual microscopy...
- Bullying and harassment in histopathology departments in the UKW I Al-Daraji
J Clin Pathol 61:544. 2008
- Automating anatomic pathology. Implementing an AP solution that integrates with your hospital's LIS can improve workflow and productivityMark Tuthill
Division of Pathology Informatics, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, USA
Health Manag Technol 29:18, 20. 2008
- Multidisciplinary team meetings and their impact on workflow in radiology and pathology departmentsBridget Kane
Department of Computer Science, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
BMC Med 5:15. 2007..The observations reported in this paper reflect a general trend affecting hospitals and our conclusions will have relevance for others implementing clinical practice guidelines...
- The conventional autopsy in modern medicineTariq Ayoub
Foundation Year 1 F1, Conquest Hospital Hastings, UK
J R Soc Med 101:177-81. 2008..Only by ensuring that the next generation of doctors have experienced the powerful educational benefit of examining the body after death will the importance of autopsy to modern medicine be understood...
- [The significance of preventing pre-analytical errors in the pathology laboratory to obtain accurate pathological and cytological reports]Sakae Hata
Department of Pathology, Kawasaki Medical School Hospital, Kurashiki, Japan
Rinsho Byori 56:228-38. 2008..Efforts to prevent pre analytical errors are presented and discussed...
- [Budget management in anatomical pathology: health technology assessment of new methodologies]P Dalla Palma
Anatomia ed Istologia Patologica e Citodiagnostica, Ospedale S Chiara, Trento
Pathologica 99:420-3. 2007..This is an important tool in decision-making processes for pathologists, especially in consideration of the limited resources available in healthcare...
- The effect of funding cuts on the utilization of an oral pathology diagnostic serviceDeepika Chugh
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Int J Oral Sci 1:151-5. 2009..To examine what impact the loss of funding had on the utilization of the oral pathology service...
- Pathology departments are still holding human tissue, report saysMichael Day
BMJ 337:a1713. 2008
- Call for revision of College of American Pathologists-mandated requirements for retention of laboratory records and materialsJoseph D Khoury
Arch Pathol Lab Med 132:1712-3; discussion 1713. 2008
- Managing hazardous waste in the laboratoryMary Hotaling
Stony Brook University, New York, USA
Clin Leadersh Manag Rev 20:E5. 2006....
- Variations in the processing of prostatic needle cores in the UK; what is safe?O Biedrzycki
Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, St Bartholomews Hospital, West Smithfield, London, EC1 7BE, UK
J Clin Pathol 56:341-3. 2003..To determine the variation in the processing of prostatic needle cores in the UK and to compare the results with suggested guidelines...
- The costs of New Zealand pathologyNecia C France
Department of Accounting, Waikato Management School, University of Waikato, PB 3105, Hamilton, New Zealand
Health Policy 64:131-41. 2003..The result for the New Zealand taxpayer is that costs are excessive, with millions of dollars passing to foreign-owned laboratories, which have incentives to take the tests, as well as the profits, offshore...