Genomes and Genes
Summary: The sorting out and classification of patients or casualties to determine priority of need and proper place of treatment.
Publications365 found, 100 shown here
- Reliability and validity of a new five-level triage instrumentR C Wuerz
Department of Emergency Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Acad Emerg Med 7:236-42. 2000b>Triage is the initial clinical sorting process in hospital emergency departments (EDs)...
- Quality of hospital care for seriously ill children in less-developed countriesT Nolan
Department of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne and Murdock Children's Research Institute, Royal Children's Hospital, Parkville, Australia
Lancet 357:106-10. 2001..Data are lacking, however, on the quality of priority screening (triage), emergency care, diagnosis, and inpatient treatment in these hospitals, and on aspects of these potential targets ..
- The APTIMA HPV assay versus the Hybrid Capture 2 test in triage of women with ASC-US or LSIL cervical cytology: a meta-analysis of the diagnostic accuracyMarc Arbyn
Unit of Cancer Epidemiology, Scientific Institute of Public Health, Brussels, Belgium
Int J Cancer 132:101-8. 2013..of 13 high-risk HPV types with the Hybrid Capture 2 (HC2) test has consistently been shown to perform better in triage of women with cervical cytology results showing atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASC-US) but ..
- Expanding roles in orthopaedic care: a comparison of physiotherapist and orthopaedic surgeon recommendations for triageCrystal MacKay
Arthritis Community Research and Evaluation Unit ACREU, Toronto Western Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Eval Clin Pract 15:178-83. 2009..A secondary objective was to examine their recommendations for non-surgical management and agreement on clinical diagnosis...
- Mechanism, glasgow coma scale, age, and arterial pressure (MGAP): a new simple prehospital triage score to predict mortality in trauma patientsDanielle Sartorius
Department of Emergency Medicine and Surgery, Université Lyon 1 and Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Crit Care Med 38:831-7. 2010Prehospital triage of trauma patients is of paramount importance because adequate trauma center referral improves survival. We developed a simple score that is easy to calculate in the prehospital phase.
- Evaluation of 14 triage strategies for HPV DNA-positive women in population-based cervical screeningDorien C Rijkaart
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 130:602-10. 2012..To avoid over-referral to colposcopy and overtreatment, hrHPV-positive women require triage testing and/or followup...
- Diagnosing delirium in older emergency department patients: validity and reliability of the delirium triage screen and the brief confusion assessment methodJin H Han
Center for Quality Aging, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN Department of Emergency Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN Electronic address
Ann Emerg Med 62:457-65. 2013..This error results from a lack of available measures that can be performed rapidly enough to be incorporated into clinical practice. Therefore, we developed and evaluated a novel 2-step approach to delirium surveillance for the ED...
- Medical Emergency Triage and Treatment System (METTS): a new protocol in primary triage and secondary priority decision in emergency medicineBengt R Widgren
Department of Accident and Emergency Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Emerg Med 40:623-8. 2011In many Emergency Department (ED) triage scoring systems, vital signs are not included as an assessment parameter.
- Emergency department triage scales and their components: a systematic review of the scientific evidenceNasim Farrohknia
The Swedish Council for Health Technology Assessment and Dep of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 19:42. 2011Emergency department (ED) triage is used to identify patients' level of urgency and treat them based on their triage level...
- Studies evaluating current field triage: 1966-2005E Brooke Lerner
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 10:303-6. 2006The American College of Surgeons (ACS) field triage guidelines are used to determine which patients require prompt transport to a trauma center and which can be transported to a lower-level facility...
- Acute subarachnoid hemorrhage: using 64-slice multidetector CT angiography to "triage" patients' treatmentR Agid
Division of Neuroradiology, Department of Medical Imaging, Toronto Western Hospital, 399 Bathurst St, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 2S8, Canada
Neuroradiology 48:787-94. 2006..To evaluate the clinical role of CT angiography (CTA) in patients with acute subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) for treatment decision-making...
- Hospital triage system for adult patients using an influenza-like illness scoring system during the 2009 pandemic--MexicoEduardo Rodríguez-Noriega
Hospital Civil de Guadalajara, Fray Antonio Alcalde, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
PLoS ONE 5:e10658. 2010Pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus emerged during 2009. To help clinicians triage adults with acute respiratory illness, a scoring system for influenza-like illness (ILI) was implemented at Hospital Civil de Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Reliability of the Canadian emergency department triage and acuity scale: interrater agreementR Beveridge
Division of Emergency Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ann Emerg Med 34:155-9. 1999To determine the rate of interobserver reliability of the Canadian Emergency Department Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS).
- Combined promoter methylation analysis of CADM1 and MAL: an objective triage tool for high-risk human papillomavirus DNA-positive womenAlbertus T Hesselink
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 17:2459-65. 2011..Here, we developed an objective assay assessing the methylation status of the promoter regions of CADM1 and MAL to triage hrHPV-positive women for CIN3(+).
- Virologic versus cytologic triage of women with equivocal Pap smears: a meta-analysis of the accuracy to detect high-grade intraepithelial neoplasiaMarc Arbyn
European Network for Cervical Cancer Screening and Unit for Evaluation of Cancer Screening Programmes, Scientific Institute of Public Health, Brussels, Belgium
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:280-93. 2004..We performed a meta-analysis to assess the accuracy of human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA testing as an alternative to repeat cytology in women who had equivocal results on a previous Pap smear...
- The effects of telephone consultation and triage on healthcare use and patient satisfaction: a systematic reviewFrances Bunn
Centre for Research in Primary and Community Care, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield
Br J Gen Pract 55:956-61. 2005..In recent years there has been a growth in the use of the telephone consultation for healthcare problems. This has developed, in part, as a response to increased demand for GP and accident and emergency department care...
- Diagnostic performance of high-sensitivity troponin T, myeloperoxidase, and pregnancy-associated plasma protein A assays for triage of patients with acute myocardial infarctionDilshad Ahmed Khan
Department of Pathology, Army Medical College National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan
Korean J Lab Med 31:172-8. 2011....
- The sensitivity and specificity of p16(INK4a) cytology vs HPV testing for detecting high-grade cervical disease in the triage of ASC-US and LSIL pap cytology resultsKarin J Denton
North Bristol NHS Trust, Bristol, England
Am J Clin Pathol 134:12-21. 2010..3% to 53.3% (p16 cytology) vs 18.5% for HPV in LSIL (P < .001). This evaluation of the diagnostic performance of p16 cytology confirms the potential of this stain for the efficient triage of ASC-US and LSIL cytologic results.
- Prognostic value of the SYNTAX score in patients with acute coronary syndromes undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: analysis from the ACUITY (Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage StrategY) trialTullio Palmerini
Istituto di Cardiologia, Policlinico S Orsola, Bologna, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 57:2389-97. 2011....
- Nurses' experiences with telephone triage and advice: a meta-ethnographyRebecca J Purc-Stephenson
Department of Social Sciences, University of Alberta, Augustana Campus, Canada
J Adv Nurs 66:482-94. 2010This study is a meta-ethnography of nurses' experiences with telephone triage and advice and factors that facilitate or impede their decision-making process.
- Effect on treatment delay of prehospital teletransmission of 12-lead electrocardiogram to a cardiologist for immediate triage and direct referral of patients with ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction to primary percutaneous coronary interventiMaria Sejersten
Department of Cardiology, Copenhagen University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Am J Cardiol 101:941-6. 2008..area by transmitting a prehospital 12-lead ECG directly to the attending cardiologist's mobile telephone for rapid triage and transport to a primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) center, bypassing local hospitals and ..
- Swedish emergency department triage and interventions for improved patient flows: a national updateNasim Farrokhnia
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Ingång 40, 5 trp, 751 85 Academic Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 19:72. 2011In Scandinavia, emergency department triage and patient flow processes, are under development...
- High-risk human papillomavirus DNA test: could it be useful in low-grade cervical lesion triage? Five-year follow-upCarlo Saccardi
1Department of Woman and Child Health, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Reprod Sci 21:198-203. 2014..High sensitivity and NPV of hrHPV-DNA test permit to use it in the follow-up of L-SIL with a HPV-negative status, without necessity of referring to colposcopy. ..
- A 5-year time study analysis of emergency department patient care efficiencyD N Kyriacou
Department of Emergency Medicine, Olive View UCLA Medical Center, Sylmar, CA 91342, USA
Ann Emerg Med 34:326-35. 1999....
- Is ambulance telephone triage using advanced medical priority dispatch protocols able to identify patients with acute stroke correctly?C D Deakin
South Central Ambulance Service NHS Trust, North Wing, Southern House, Sparrowgrove, Otterbourne, Hants, UK
Emerg Med J 26:442-5. 2009..In order to identify and triage these patients effectively as life-threatening emergencies, telephone-based ambulance software must have high ..
- Helicopter scene transport of trauma patients with nonlife-threatening injuries: a meta-analysisBryan E Bledsoe
The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC, and Saint Johns Hospital, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Trauma 60:1257-65; discussion 1265-6. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the percentage of patients transported by helicopter who have nonlife-threatening injuries...
- 'Normal' vital signs belie occult hypoperfusion in geriatric trauma patientsJeremiah T Martin
Department of Surgery, Hospital of St Raphael, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Am Surg 76:65-9. 2010..and predictors of outcome in the trauma patient and we aim to assess the value of these markers in the triage of the elderly with "normal" vital signs...
- Human papillomavirus triage of women with persistent borderline or mildly dyskaryotic smears: Comparison of costs and side effects of three alternative strategiesMatejka Rebolj
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 121:1529-35. 2007..This may be improved by including testing for oncogenic human papillomavirus (HPV) in the triage. We assessed costs and side effects (referrals, treatments and time in follow-up) for 3 possible HPV triage ..
- Accuracy of fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) of axillary lymph nodes as a triage test in breast cancer stagingStefano Ciatto
Centro per lo Studio e la Prevenzione Oncologica CSPO, Florence, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 103:85-91. 2007Axillary node fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) has the potential to triage women with operable breast cancer to initial nodal surgical procedure...
- An emergency department septic shock protocol and care guideline for children initiated at triageGitte Y Larsen
Pediatric Critical Care, Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84158 0289, USA
Pediatrics 127:e1585-92. 2011..Unrecognized and undertreated septic shock increases morbidity and mortality. Septic shock in children is defined as sepsis and cardiovascular organ dysfunction, not necessarily with hypotension...
- HPV testing as a triage for borderline or mild dyskaryosis on cervical cytology: results from the Sentinel Sites studyR S Kelly
Cancer Screening Evaluation Unit, Institute of Cancer Research, Richard Doll Building, 15 Cotswold Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Br J Cancer 105:983-8. 2011Earlier pilot studies of human papillomavirus (HPV) triage concluded that HPV triage was feasible and cost-effective...
- Optimised patient transfer using an innovative multidisciplinary assessment in Kanton Aargau (OPTIMA I): an observational survey in lower respiratory tract infectionsW C Albrich
Medical University Department of the University of Basel, Kantonsspital Aarau, Tellstrasse, CH
Swiss Med Wkly 141:w13237. 2011..We describe our current triage practice and assess the potential of a combination of CURB65 with proadrenomedullin (ProADM) levels for triage ..
- Maternal plasma concentrations of angiogenic/anti-angiogenic factors are of prognostic value in patients presenting to the obstetrical triage area with the suspicion of preeclampsiaTinnakorn Chaiworapongsa
Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD NIH DHHS, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 24:1187-207. 2011....
- Decision-making process, outcome, and 1-year quality of life of octogenarians referred for intensive care unit admissionMaite Garrouste-Orgeas
Medical ICU, Saint Joseph Hospital, 185 rue Raymond Losserand, 75014 Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 32:1045-51. 2006To describe triage decisions and subsequent outcomes in octogenarians referred to an ICU.
- Children with severe malnutrition: can those at highest risk of death be identified with the WHO protocol?Kathryn Maitland
Centre for Geographic Medicine Research Coast, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kilifi, Kenya
PLoS Med 3:e500. 2006....
- Pathophysiological principles underlying the blood cell concentration responses used to assess the severity of effect after accidental whole-body radiation exposure: an essential basis for an evidence-based clinical triageTheodor M Fliedner
Radiation Medicine Research Group, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Exp Hematol 35:8-16. 2007....
- Interactive triage simulator revealed important variability in both process and outcome of emergency triageOlivier T Rutschmann
Geneva University Hospital, Department of Medicine, Emergency Medicine Unit, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
J Clin Epidemiol 59:615-21. 20061) to evaluate the performance of emergency department triage; (2) to explore the variability of the triage process; and (3) to examine the reliability of a four-level triage scale, using an interactive triage simulator.
- Guideline compliance in management of minimal, mild, and moderate head injury: high frequency of noncompliance among individual physicians despite strong guideline support from clinical leadersBen Heskestad
Department of Neurosurgery, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Trauma 65:1309-13. 2008..However, implementation of guidelines and compliance from clinical leaders does not necessarily influence individual physicians decisions making...
- Five-level triage: a report from the ACEP/ENA Five-level Triage Task ForceChristopher M B Fernandes
ACEP ENA Five Level Triage Tast Force, Hamilton Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Emerg Nurs 31:39-50; quiz 118. 2005
- Accuracy and concordance of nurses in emergency department triageKatarina Göransson
Department of Health Sciences, Orebro University, Sweden
Scand J Caring Sci 19:432-8. 2005In the emergency department (ED) Registered Nurses (RNs) often perform triage, i.e. the sorting and prioritizing of patients. The allocation of acuity ratings is commonly based on a triage scale...
- Improving emergency department efficiency by patient streaming to outcomes-based teamsAnne Maree Kelly
Department of Emergency Medicine, Western Hospital, Private Bag, Footscray, Melbourne, VIC 3011, Australia
Aust Health Rev 31:16-21. 2007..To describe the process and results of a process redesign based on task analysis and lean thinking approaches aimed at improving emergency department (ED) efficiency...
- Disaster epidemiology and medical response in the Chi-Chi earthquake in TaiwanN J Liang
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Emerg Med 38:549-55. 2001..Epidemiologic analysis can guide disaster response and preparation...
- Optimizing emergency department front-end operationsJennifer L Wiler
Division of Emergency Medicine, Washington University in St Louis School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Ann Emerg Med 55:142-160.e1. 2010..Interventions such as immediate bedding, bedside registration, advanced triage (triage-based care) protocols, physician/practitioner at triage, dedicated "fast track" service line, tracking ..
- Impact of a triage liaison physician on emergency department overcrowding and throughput: a randomized controlled trialBrian R Holroyd
Department of Emergency Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Acad Emerg Med 14:702-8. 2007b>Triage liaison physicians (TLPs) have been employed in overcrowded emergency departments (EDs); however, their effectiveness remains unclear.
- Combined approach of hematological biomarkers and plasma protein SAA for improvement of radiation dose assessment triage in biodosimetry applicationsNatalia I Ossetrova
AFRRI, SRD, 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20889 5603, USA
Health Phys 98:204-8. 2010....
- The DUNDRUM-1 structured professional judgment for triage to appropriate levels of therapeutic security: retrospective-cohort validation studyGrainne Flynn
National Forensic Mental Health Service, Central Mental Hospital, Dundrum, Dublin 14, Ireland
BMC Psychiatry 11:43. 2011..to prison in-reach and court diversion services and those referred for admission to mental health services is a triage decision, allocating the patient to the appropriate level of therapeutic security...
- Precision of field triage in patients brought to a trauma centre after introducing trauma team activation guidelinesMarius Rehn
Department of Research and Development, Norwegian Air Ambulance Foundation, Drobak, Norway
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 17:1. 2009Field triage is important for regional trauma systems providing high sensitivity to avoid that severely injured are deprived access to trauma team resuscitation (undertriage), yet high specificity to avoid resource over-utilization (..
- The effect of GP telephone triage on numbers seeking same-day appointmentsMoyez Jiwa
University of Sheffield, Institute of General Practice and Primary Care, General Sciences Centre, Northern General Hospital
Br J Gen Pract 52:390-1. 2002..This study aims to determine if GP telephone triage can effectively reduce the demandforface-to -face consultations for patients seeking same-day appointments in ..
- The effect of crowding on access and quality in an academic EDTeri L Vieth
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Emerg Med 24:787-94. 2006..Emergency department crowding has the potential to cause undesirable outcomes. We evaluated ED access and provider and patient assessments of quality...
- Quality of clinical aspects of call handling at Dutch out of hours centres: cross sectional national studyHay P Derkx
Department of General Practice, Maastricht University, Maastricht, Netherlands
BMJ 337:a1264. 2008To assess the quality of telephone triage by following the consecutive phases of its care process and the quality of the clinical questions asked about the patient's clinical condition, of the triage outcome, of the content of the home ..
- Serum lactate and base deficit as predictors of mortality in normotensive elderly blunt trauma patientsDavid W Callaway
Department of Emergency Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Trauma 66:1040-4. 2009..No study has defined the role of these markers in the triage and management of the normotensive injured elderly patient.
- Effect of a physician assistant as triage liaison provider on patient throughput in an academic emergency departmentDavid M Nestler
Department of Emergency Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
Acad Emerg Med 19:1235-41. 2012Overcapacity issues plague emergency departments (EDs). Studies suggest that triage liaison providers (TLPs) may shorten patient length of stay (LOS) and reduce the proportion of patients who leave without being seen (LWBS), but these ..
- The value of initial ionized calcium as a predictor of mortality and triage tool in adult trauma patientsYoung Cheol Choi
Department of Surgery, Masan Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Masan, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 23:700-5. 2008..calcium (iCa) in predicting mortality in the trauma population, and evaluate its superiority over the three other triage tools: base deficit, systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) score, and triage-revised trauma score (t-RTS)...
- The Emergency Severity Index (version 3) 5-level triage system scores predict ED resource consumptionPaula Tanabe
Institute for Health Services and Policy, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Emerg Nurs 30:22-9. 2004The Emergency Severity Index (ESI) version 3 is a valid and reliable 5-level triage instrument that is gaining in popularity. A unique component of the ESI algorithm is prediction of resource consumption...
- Higher prehospital priority level of stroke improves thrombolysis frequency and time to stroke unit: the Hyper Acute STroke Alarm (HASTA) studyAnnika Berglund
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Sodersjukhuset, 118 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Stroke 43:2666-70. 2012....
- Decision aid software programs in telenursing: not used as intended? Experiences of Swedish telenursesInger Holmstrom
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Health Services Research, Uppsala Science Park, Uppsala, Sweden
Nurs Health Sci 9:23-8. 2007Telenurses at call centers use decision aid software programs to offer triage recommendations and self-care advice to the general public...
- Impact of rapid entry and accelerated care at triage on reducing emergency department patient wait times, lengths of stay, and rate of left without being seenTheodore C Chan
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California, Medical Center, San Diego, CA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 46:491-7. 2005..We sought to determine the effect of a new ED rapid entry and accelerated care at triage (REACT) process on the frequency of patients who leave before being seen.
- HPV mRNA testing in triage of women with ASC-US cytology may reduce the time for CIN2+diagnosis compared with repeat cytologySveinung Wergeland Sørbye
Department of Clinical Pathology, University Hospital of North Norway, 9038 Tromsø, Norway
Curr Pharm Des 19:1401-5. 2013In delayed HPV triage women with atypical squamous cells of uncertain significance (ASC-US) cytology are retested after 6-12 months in order to decide whether they should be referred for colposcopy, further follow-up cytology or routine ..
- Pitfalls in the emergency department triage of frail elderly patients without specific complaintsOlivier T Rutschmann
Department of Medicine, Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 135:145-50. 2005..The aim of this study was to describe a population of elderly patients who present to the ED of a 1200-bed university hospital without specific complaint, and to assess how they were evaluated in the ED...
- Quality monitoring of nurse telephone triage: pilot studyDavid A Richards
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, Heslington, York, UK
J Adv Nurs 47:551-60. 2004Nurse telephone triage is a popular way of managing workload in primary care and has been shown to be as safe as general practitioner (GP)-delivered alternatives...
- The development and evaluation of triage algorithms for early discovery of adverse drug interactionsJohanna Strandell
Uppsala Monitoring Centre, WHO Collaborating Centre for International Drug Monitoring, Box 1051, 75140 Uppsala, Sweden
Drug Saf 36:371-88. 2013....
- Chest pain presenting to the Emergency Department--to stratify risk with GRACE or TIMI?Richard Lyon
Department of Emergency Medicine, Royal Infirmary, Little France Crescent, Old Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh EH16 4SA, United Kingdom
Resuscitation 74:90-3. 2007....
- Health care facility and community strategies for patient care surge capacityJohn L Hick
University of Minnesota and Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Ann Emerg Med 44:253-61. 2004..However, resource limitations may require implementation of triage strategies...
- Triage of patients for a rapid (5-minute) electrocardiogram: A rule based on presenting chief complaintsL Graff
New Britain General Hospital, New Britain, CT, USA
Ann Emerg Med 36:554-60. 2000..A rule based on presenting chief complaints can identify patients for a rapid (5-minute) ECG and decrease delays in treatment of patients with acute myocardial infarction (MI)...
- The vexatious vital: neither clinical measurements by nurses nor an electronic monitor provides accurate measurements of respiratory rate in triageParis B Lovett
Department of Emergency Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Ann Emerg Med 45:68-76. 2005Of all the vital signs, only respiratory rate is still measured clinically in most US triage systems...
- Clinical presentation of dengue among patients admitted to the adult emergency department of a tertiary care hospital in Martinique: implications for triage, management, and reportingLaurent Thomas
Emergency and Intensive Care Department, University Hospital, Fort de France, Martinique
Ann Emerg Med 59:42-50. 2012During dengue epidemics, emergency physicians face large numbers of patients with acute febrile illness. Triage algorithms and appropriate reporting systems are useful to manage patients and prioritize resources...
- Safety of telephone triage in out-of-hours care: a systematic reviewLinda Huibers
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Scientific Institute for Quality of Healthcare, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Scand J Prim Health Care 29:198-209. 2011Telephone triage in patients requesting help may compromise patient safety, particularly if urgency is underestimated and the patient is not seen by a physician...
- Prehospital 12-lead ECG to triage ST-elevation myocardial infarction and emergency department activation of the infarct team significantly improves door-to-balloon times: ambulance Victoria and MonashHEART Acute Myocardial Infarction (MonAMI) 12-lead ECG Adam W Hutchison
Monash Cardiovascular Research Centre, Monash University, Australia
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 2:528-34. 2009..Despite these recommendations, this goal has been difficult to achieve...
- Supplemented Triage and Rapid Treatment (START) improves performance measures in the emergency departmentBenjamin A White
Department of Emergency Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Emerg Med 42:322-8. 2012..Emergency Department (ED) crowding is well recognized, and multiple studies have demonstrated its negative effect on patient care...
- Measurements in the Addictions for Triage and Evaluation (MATE): an instrument based on the World Health Organization family of international classificationsGerard M Schippers
Amsterdam Institute for Addiction Research, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Addiction 105:862-71. 2010..and evaluate a measurement tool for assessing characteristics of people with drug and/or alcohol problems for triage and evaluation in treatment...
- Modified early warning score predicts the need for hospital admission and inhospital mortalityV C Burch
Department of Medicine, J Floor, Old Main Building, Groote Schuur Hospital, Observatory, 7925 Cape Town, South Africa
Emerg Med J 25:674-8. 2008..Use of the MEWS as a triage tool to identify patients needing hospital admission and those at increased risk of inhospital death has been ..
- Quality of after-hours primary care in the Netherlands: a narrative reviewPaul Giesen
Scientific Institute for Quality of Healthcare, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Ann Intern Med 155:108-13. 2011..and patients, patient-safety incidents, adherence to practice guidelines, waiting times, and quality of telephone triage. Physicians expressed high satisfaction with PCP cooperatives; their workload decreased, and job satisfaction ..
- Computer modeling of patient flow in a pediatric emergency department using discrete event simulationGeoffrey R Hung
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, BC Children s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pediatr Emerg Care 23:5-10. 2007....
- Comparison of an informally structured triage system, the emergency severity index, and the manchester triage system to distinguish patient priority in the emergency departmentMarja N Storm-Versloot
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Acad Emerg Med 18:822-9. 2011The objective was to compare the validity of an existing informally structured triage system with the Emergency Severity Index (ESI) and the Manchester Triage System (MTS).
- Introducing HPV triage into the English cervical cancer screening program: consequences for participationZoe Philips
School of Economics, University of Nottingham, UK
Women Health 43:17-34. 2006To predict the likely impact of adding human papillomavirus (HPV) triage for minor abnormalities on participation in the English cervical cancer screening program.
- In 'big bang' major incidents do triage tools accurately predict clinical priority?: a systematic review of the literatureT M Kilner
Paramedic Sciences, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Coventry University, United Kingdom
Injury 42:460-8. 2011..b>Triage tools support the pre-hospital provider to prioritise which patients to treat and/or transport first based upon ..
- Triage of febrile children at a GP cooperative: determinants of a consultationMiriam Monteny
Department of General Practice, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Gen Pract 58:242-7. 2008Most febrile children contacting a GP cooperative are seen by a GP, although the incidence of serious illness is low. The guidelines for triage might not be suitable in primary care.
- Triage of women with minor abnormal cervical cytology: meta-analysis of the accuracy of an assay targeting messenger ribonucleic acid of 5 high-risk human papillomavirus typesFreija Verdoodt
Unit of Cancer Epidemiology, Scientific Institute of Public Health, Brussels, Belgium
Cancer Cytopathol 121:675-87. 2013High-risk human papillomavirus (hrHPV) DNA detection is generally accepted for the triage of women with a cytologic diagnosis of atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASC-US)...
- Field triage to primary angioplasty combined with emergency department bypass reduces treatment delays and is associated with improved outcomeSteen Carstensen
Department of Cardiology, Royal North Shore Hospital, University of Sydney, Australia
Eur Heart J 28:2313-9. 2007We investigated the net benefit in the outcome of reducing treatment delay through field triage and emergency department (ED) bypass in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) treated with primary angioplasty.
- NHS Direct versus general practice based triage for same day appointments in primary care: cluster randomised controlled trialDavid A Richards
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD
BMJ 329:774. 2004To assess the relative effects on consultation workload and costs of off-site triage by NHS Direct for patients requesting same day appointments compared with usual on-site nurse telephone triage in general practice.
- Manchester triage system in paediatric emergency care: prospective observational studyM van Veen
Department of Paediatrics, Erasmus Medical Centre, Sophia Children s Hospital, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, PO Box 2060, 3000 CB Rotterdam, Netherlands
BMJ 337:a1501. 2008To validate use of the Manchester triage system in paediatric emergency care.
- Psychosocial outcomes of three triage methods for the management of borderline abnormal cervical smears: an open randomised trialKirsten J McCaffery
Screening and Test Evaluation Program, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
BMJ 340:b4491. 2010To assess which of three triage strategies for women with borderline abnormal cervical smear results in the best psychosocial outcomes.
- Early administration of systemic corticosteroids reduces hospital admission rates for children with moderate and severe asthma exacerbationSanjit K Bhogal
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ann Emerg Med 60:84-91.e3. 2012..We examine the effect of early (within 60 minutes [SD 15 minutes] of triage) versus delayed (>75 minutes) administration of systemic corticosteroids on health outcomes.
- Challenges in the validation of triage systems at emergency departmentsHenriette A Moll
Department of Pediatrics, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Dr Molewaterplein 60, 3015 GJ Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 63:384-8. 2010b>Triage systems, developed by consensus of experts and based on decision rules, are typically not validated. The objective is to discuss the challenges to evaluate the reliability and validity of triage systems.
- Use of SALT triage in a simulated mass-casualty incidentE Brooke Lerner
Department of Emergency Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 14:21-5. 2010To determine the accuracy of SALT (sort-assess-lifesaving interventions-treatment/transport) triage during a simulated mass-casualty incident, the average time it takes to make triage designations, and providers' opinions of SALT triage.
- Colposcopic triage methods for detecting cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 3 after cytopathological diagnosis of low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion: a systematic review on diagnostic testsFlávia de Miranda Corrêa
Cancer Control Program, Divisão de Apoio à Rede de Atenção Oncológica DARAO, Instituto Nacional do Cancer INCA, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 130:44-52. 2012The age-stratified performance of the oncogenic HPV-DNA (human papillomavirus deoxyribonucleic acid) test for triage of low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions (LSIL) requires investigation...
- Bilinear common spatial pattern for single-trial ERP-based rapid serial visual presentation triageK Yu
Department of Bioengineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Neural Eng 9:046013. 2012..The proposed method was evaluated on 20 subjects' ERP data collected in rapid serial visual presentation triage experiments. The results show that BCSP achieved significantly higher average test accuracy (12...
- Introducing triage logic as a new strategy for the detection of signals in the WHO Drug Monitoring DatabaseM Stahl
Uppsala Monitoring Centre, Uppsala, Sweden
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 13:355-63. 2004..Therefore additional selection strategies were needed to improve the likely signal-to-noise ratio and for the UMC to complement the efforts of national centres in an efficient way...
- Biomarker-enhanced triage in respiratory infections: a proof-of-concept feasibility trialWerner C Albrich
University of Basel, Kantonsspital Aarau, Aarau
Eur Respir J 42:1064-75. 2013..blood pressure<90 mmHg (systolic) or ≤60 mmHg (diastolic), age≥65 years (CURB-65) score on triage decisions and length of stay...
- Practice variation in the management for nontraumatic pediatric patients in the EDYu Che Chang
Department of Emergency Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Am J Emerg Med 28:275-83. 2010..To improve the management quality and monitoring for common pediatric illnesses in the general emergency department (ED), we examined the effect of physician specialty training on medical resource use and patient outcomes...
- Coronary computed tomography angiography for early triage of patients with acute chest pain: the ROMICAT (Rule Out Myocardial Infarction using Computer Assisted Tomography) trialUdo Hoffmann
Cardiac MR PET CT Program, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:1642-50. 2009..This study was designed to determine the usefulness of coronary computed tomography angiography (CTA) in patients with acute chest pain...
- Randomised controlled trial and cost consequences study comparing initial physiotherapy assessment and management with routine practice for selected patients in an accident and emergency department of an acute hospitalB Richardson
School of Allied Health Professions, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
Emerg Med J 22:87-92. 2005..This study aimed to compare health and economic effects of physiotherapy initial assessment and management with routine practice in an A&E department...
- A multisite assessment of the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma field triage decision scheme for identifying seriously injured children and adultsCraig D Newgard
Center for Policy and Research in Emergency Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
J Am Coll Surg 213:709-21. 2011The American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma (ACSCOT) has developed and updated field trauma triage protocols for decades, yet the ability to identify major trauma patients remains unclear...
- [Triage quickens the treatment of the most sick patients]Claus Skriver
Akutafdelingen, Hillerød Hospital, Dyrehavevej 29, 3400 Hillerød, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 173:2490-3. 2011Systematic process triage is a relatively unknown concept in Denmark. Currently there are no national recommendations regarding triage models for use in the emergency department (ED)...
- Use of mobile phone cameras for after-hours triage in primary careChandra Jayaraman
East Tamaki Health Care, Auckland, New Zealand
J Telemed Telecare 14:271-4. 2008Mobile phone images might be useful in after-hours triage of primary care. We conducted a study to identify population access to mobile phone cameras and to assess the clinical usefulness of mobile phone cameras...
- Prospective evaluation of a two-tiered trauma activation protocol in an Australian major trauma referral hospitalTrudi Davis
Emergency Department, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Missenden Road, Camperdown, Sydney, New South Wales 2050, Australia
Injury 41:470-4. 2010..To evaluate a two-tiered trauma activation protocol in a major trauma referral hospital in Australia...
- Prognostic judgments and triage decisions for patients with acute congestive heart failureWally R Smith
Division of Quality Health Care, Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Richmond, VA 23298 0306, USA
Chest 121:1610-7. 2002To determine how well triage physicians judge the probability of death or severe complications that require treatment only available in an ICU to maintain life for patients with acute congestive heart failure (CHF).
- Improved triage and emergency care for children reduces inpatient mortality in a resource-constrained settingElizabeth Molyneux
Paediatric Department, Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital, College of Medicine, Malawi
Bull World Health Organ 84:314-9. 2006..Many hospitals in developing countries see large numbers of patients and have few staff, so patients often have to wait before being assessed and treated...
- EMS management of acute stroke--prehospital triage (resource document to NAEMSP position statement)T J Crocco
Department of Emergency Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506 9149, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 11:313-7. 2007
- The impact of trauma activations on the care of emergency department patients with potential acute coronary syndromesPeter E Fishman
Department of Emergency Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
Ann Emerg Med 48:347-53. 2006..We seek to determine whether the presence of a concurrent trauma activation negatively affects processes of care and outcomes for patients with potential acute coronary syndromes...
- Efficacy of a two-tiered trauma team activation protocol in a Norwegian trauma centreM Rehn
Department of Research, Norwegian Air Ambulance Foundation, Drøbak, Norway
Br J Surg 99:199-208. 2012..A two-tiered TTA protocol was introduced and analysed to examine its impact on triage precision and resource utilization.
- Discovery of Novel Anti-Inflammatory Phytochemicals on Human Cell PlatformsERIK MILLS SCHWIEBERT; Fiscal Year: 2010..assessment is expensive and is in need of new and appropriate in vitro human cell models from essential tissues to triage hit- to-lead natural product-derived compounds to the essential few, saving in the time, cost and animal lives...
- Role of the Sex Hormones and Insulin/IGF-Axes in Endometrial Cancer RecurrenceHoward D Strickler; Fiscal Year: 2012..First, it could provide a means of differentiating EA into prognostic subcategories (e.g., to triage patients into more or less aggressive therapy), and second, improved understanding of these tumorigenic pathways ..
- Discovering tissue-specific biomarkers of radiation injury in SILAC-labeled miceAmanda G Paulovich; Fiscal Year: 2013..Many of these deaths are preventable with rapid triage of victims for cytokine therapies and aggressive supportive care...
- HTS platform for identification of regulators of cell adhesion molecule signalingDarren G Woodside; Fiscal Year: 2013..A secondary screen to triage false positive hits will also be developed...
- Comparative Effectiveness of Post-Discharge Strategies for Hospitalized SmokersNancy A Rigotti; Fiscal Year: 2013..free for a total of 90 days to facilitate medication use and adherence;(2) Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Triage to Telephone Counseling from a national quitline provider (Free &Clear). IVR is proactive...
- Telehealth Outreach for Chronic Back PainJoseph H Atkinson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using the Medical Home model and its principles of telemedicine, flexible triage, and nurse care managers, we propose to test the efficacy of a telephone- administered, nurse-led, stepped care ..
- Prognostic &Therapeutic Implications of Breathing Patterns in Acute Lung InjuryFRANK JOSEPH JACONO; Fiscal Year: 2013..These indices would facilitate appropriate triage of patients who need advanced care thereby improving resource utilization, as well as allow more rapid initiation ..
- Prospective Validation and Cost Analysis of the National Guidelines for Field TriCraig D Newgard; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Proposed Approach: Out-of-hospital trauma triage is a critical component of trauma systems and the primary mechanism for concentrating seriously injured patients in major trauma centers, yet the ..
- Development of high-throughput, commercially viable, Cell-CT instrument with initThomas Neumann; Fiscal Year: 2010..modifications have been proposed to increase fluid flow velocity, employ 1D and 2D cytometry to optimally triage target cells for more time consuming 3D imagery, and finalize the instrument design for product packaging...
- WEARABLE SENSOR FOR CONTINUOUS NONINVASIVE MONITORING OF PULSE PRESSURESridhar Madala; Fiscal Year: 2010..disease monitoring), in hospital care (ICU, ER), in portable use (ambulances, disaster medicine, battle field triage), and for remote health monitoring of personnel (battle field, hazardous industrial locations, and space)...
- Anthrax Toxin Lethal Factor Inhibition StudyElizabeth A Amin; Fiscal Year: 2012..In the second aim, a large-scale high-throughput screen with novel triage and hit-to-probe techniques will be conducted to identify additional potential scaffolds for probe design;..
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genesSusan Kay Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will then test the performance of these markers to identify CIN2+ cases from among 500 ASCUS cases. Data from the proposed study will improve triage decisions and reduce disparities in ICC morbidity and mortality.
- TeleWellness Solutions for Chronic ConditionsEDMUND FRANK LOPRESTI; Fiscal Year: 2013..a telehealth portal linked to smartphone applications (apps) that enable clinicians to remotely monitor and triage the self-care activities of patients...
- Role of Immunogenetic Factors in Invasive Streptococcal InfectionsMALAK Y S KOTB; Fiscal Year: 2012..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Our research focuses on developing means by which to triage and treat infected subjects based on their risk level, as dictated by combinations of their genetic and soluble ..
- Real-Time Reagent-Free Noninvasive Diagnosis of TuberculosisPayam Nahid; Fiscal Year: 2013..This is a transformative concept with many potential applications, including rapid triage in hospitals at the emergency room or at TB control clinics to identify patients in need of treatment and to ..
- Development of Assays for Inhibitors of LysRS in Mast Cell ActivationMin Guo; Fiscal Year: 2013..repository) collection are confirmed, a series of HTS-compatible direct screen will be performed to further triage confirmed 'hits'in Aim 2...
- High-throughput assay development for molecular probes targeting the ULK1 kinaseDEREK RONALD DUCKETT; Fiscal Year: 2013..Identified and confirmed 'hits'will be counter-screened against a panel of select kinases to triage compounds to drive medicinal chemistry efforts...
- High Throughput Screening to Discover Chemical Probes of ASK1LOUIS DANIEL SCAMPAVIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 2 "hits" identified in the primary screen will be confirmed and further evaluated to: i) triage false positives;ii) confirm "hits" using an orthogonal biochemical assay, iii) rank order the biochemical activity ..
- Interventions to decrease HIV infectiousness in UgandaConnie L Celum; Fiscal Year: 2013..HBCT-plus in 5000 households in a high HIV prevalence area in Uganda with point-of-care (POC) CD4 testing to triage HIV+ persons to ART following Uganda guidelines and prevention and treatment of co-infections for all HIV+ persons...
- Specific Detection of Cervical Cancers Using Cytometry-Based Molecular DiagnosticJOSEPH PAUL ROBINSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..Although HPV testing can play an important role for the triage of some patients, it is not useful for several cytologic diagnoses...
- Structural Biology of U-box E3 Ubiquitin LigasesWalter J Chazin; Fiscal Year: 2013..The interaction with heat shock proteins makes CHIP an integral part of the "protein triage" system;CHIP is not only able to target a misfolded substrate for degradation via poly-ubiquitination, it can also ..
- HTS for Rpn11 chemical probesRaymond J Deshaies; Fiscal Year: 2012..from the MLPCN located at the Conrad Prebys Center for Chemical Genomics to identify Rpn11 inhibitors and triage these inhibitors in secondary and tertiary assays devised to prioritize potent, selective, competitive, reversible ..
- ROMICAT II - CCC - Lead ApplicationUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, the implementation of cardiac CT in the early ED triage process may enable immediate and safe discharge of a significant fraction of acute chest pain patients without ..
- Rule-Out Myocardial Infarction Using Computed Assisted Tomography-ROMICATII,DCCDAVID ALAN SCHOENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus, the implementation of cardiac CT in the early ED triage process may enable immediate and safe discharge of a significant fraction of acute chest pain patients without ..
- The Effectiveness of Screening HIV-Infected Women for Anal Cancer PrecursorsElizabeth Chiao; Fiscal Year: 2013..be a useful adjunct to cervical cytology for cervical cancer screening , however, we do not know if using HPV to triage HIV-infected women with abnormal anal cytology would be of benefit...
- Improving screening tools to better predict high-grade anal dysplasia for MSMDorothy J Wiley; Fiscal Year: 2013..HPV tests) are calibrated to better predict high-grade cervical dysplasia in older females without atypias &to triage women to colposcopy with atypical squamous cells on cytology;they are not calibrated for IAC screening...
- Depressive symptoms and 30-day unplanned hospital readmission in older adultsJennifer Albrecht; Fiscal Year: 2011..This study is novel in that it aims to address triage and admission screening procedures for older adults as well as to better elucidate the mechanisms underlying ..
- Affinity Based Strategies to Fast Track Development of Colon Cancer BiomarkersPaul D Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2013..This unique triage process allows for rapid sorting of potential biomarkers, allowing us to focus on only the most promising...
- A Cohort Study of Sessile Serrated Polyps and Subsequent Colorectal NeoplasiaPolly A Newcomb; Fiscal Year: 2013..will have great public health importance, will provide data to inform clinical trial development, and ultimately affect the way clinicians triage individuals with serrated polyps to different colorectal cancer screening regimens.
- Development of clinical triage assay for sepsis management in the Emergency RoomJennifer Skeen; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): The overall project objective is to further develop and clinically validate an assay, SeptiCyte(R)Triage, to improve screening and early diagnosis of conditions associated with inflammation and sepsis in Emergency Room (..
- Preschool Vision Screening by Parental Risk Factor QuestionnaireRuth E Manny; Fiscal Year: 2013..The questionnaire will triage children into one of 3 categories that will direct the parent to: 1) schedule an eye examination as soon as ..
- A Rapid, Blood RNA Assay for the Diagnosis of Acute Respiratory InfectionsNeil A Fanger; Fiscal Year: 2013..to develop AResT (Acute Respiratory-related Transcripts), an innovative multivariate RNA assay designed for rapid triage of patients with ARIs...
- Mechanisms of motor neuron toxicity in Kennedy DiseaseAndrew P Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our central hypothesis is that Hsp70 and Hsp90 have essentially opposing roles in the triage of the polyQ AR, in that Hsp70 promotes substrate ubiquitination whereas Hsp90 inhibits ubiquitination...
- Comprehensive Molecular Diagnosis for Food and Waterborne EnteropathogensEric R Houpt; Fiscal Year: 2011..The goal product are three bead PCR panels that can be used within the existing public health lab triage system of acute, mid, and late-incubation diarrheal disease. Aim 2, Dr...
- Training Healthcare Professionals to Implement Biopsychosocial ScreeningMATTHEW JOSEPH LOSCALZO; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Comprehensive biopsychosocial screening, integrated triage, patient/caregiver education, and follow-up has the potential to be central to successful patient-centered care across the cancer treatment ..
- Centers for Medical Countermeasures Against RadiationNelson J Chao; Fiscal Year: 2013..Rapid triage of affected individuals will be essential for an effective health care response to such an event...
- Web Triage as a Critical Patient Portal Function: RCT for Safety and Cost-SavingsJASON SKOWRONSKI; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Studies of patient triage in selected populations found significant numbers of patients needing either a more or a less acute level of care, and that 47%-58% of ED visits were considered inappropriate ..
- Chemical Probes and Chaperone-Accelerated Turnover of TauJason E Gestwicki; Fiscal Year: 2013..distinguish between normal tau and aggregation-prone tau? Which chaperones and co-chaperones are critical for the triage decisions? What molecular events are critical during the earliest stages of tau degradation? The major goal of ..
- Development of Second Messenger, Trafficking, and Functional Assays for GPR119PATRICIA HELEN MCDONALD; Fiscal Year: 2012..is on developing innovative and novel assays for GPR119 that are HTS compatible, secondary screening assays to triage artifacts, counterscreens to assess selectivity of compounds versus two structurally related GPCRs and functional ..
- Establishment of fast pH MRI for imaging metabolic injury during acute strokePhillip Zhe Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..MRI has become an essential clinical tool for the triage and management of acute ischemic stroke patients, yet the conventional stroke MRI is inadequate to fully ..
- A Clinical Study of Protective and Pathogenic Immunity to Dengue during InfancyDaniel H Libraty; Fiscal Year: 2013..A better understanding of DHF immunopathogenesis will lead to improved triage, therapeutic, and intervention strategies...
- Proteomic identification of plasma TBI biomarkersFiona C Crawford; Fiscal Year: 2013..The development of a simple blood protein panel will revolutionize patient triage and management...
- Benefits Management for People with Psychiatric DisabilitiesMarc I Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2012..Benefits Management is designed to be an assessment, brief treatment and triage. In practice, the person providing Benefits Management to a large number of clients will be the person designated ..
- Prospective Multicenter Study of Bronchiolitis Admissions: Etiology & DispositionCarlos A Camargo; Fiscal Year: 2010..this study will help determine the utility of testing for an infectious etiology, advance the development of evidenced-based management and triage guidelines, and encourage safe early discharges and more family-centered care.
- A bioluminescent screen for inhibitors of N-linked glycosylationJoseph N Contessa; Fiscal Year: 2012..parallel we also developed a second luciferase construct that is insensitive to NLG and thus provides an assay to triage non-specific activators of luciferase...
- Elafin as a biomarker in serous ovarian cancers and basal-like breast tumorsRonny I Drapkin; Fiscal Year: 2013..is secreted by these aggressive tumors, developing a test to detect it in the bloodstream would help clinicians triage patients for appropriate care and treatment, having the potential to improve morbidity and outcome...
- National Consensus Conference on Community ParamedicineDouglas Kupas; Fiscal Year: 2012..of EMS personnel providing not only a rapid response, but also filling roles in terms of prevention, evaluation, triage, referral and advice...
- Targeting HIV Capsid AssemblySusana T Valente; Fiscal Year: 2013..format to identify inhibitors of HIV CA dimerization in the well-precedented 350,000 compound MPLCN library ii) triage compounds interfering non-specifically with the specific or unrelated protein-protein assays, and eliminate hits ..
- A novel use of web-based software to efficiently triage pre-surgical patients basAlicia Gruber Kalamas; Fiscal Year: 2012..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: A need exists for a system that can efficiently and effectively triage patients based on perioperative risk, thereby focusing resources on those patients with complex medical problems ..
- A novel use of web-based software to efficiently triage pre-surgical patients basAlicia Gruber Kalamas; Fiscal Year: 2011..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: A need exists for a system that can efficiently and effectively triage patients based on perioperative risk, thereby focusing resources on those patients with complex medical problems ..
- Translation Regulation by Enterovirus ProteinaseRichard E Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 2013..These structures assist cell homeostasis during stress and serve as temporary storage/triage sites for mRNPs, and in the case of PBs, sites for mRNA decay...
- DIORAMA: Dynamic Information Collection and Resource Tracking ArchitectureAura Ganz; Fiscal Year: 2010..In disaster medicine triage, determining the number and location of victims relative to the location of available resources is crucial for ..
- Computer Adaptive Testing MethodsBARTH BRIAN RILEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..estimate problem severity in a set of subscales with a common second order factor scale;(2) Vary precision around triage cut points designed to guide clinical decision making and be the focus of precision;and (3) Identify persons with ..
- Measuring and Mitigating Patient Safety Threats Due to Strains on ICU CapacitySCOTT DAVID HALPERN; Fiscal Year: 2013..a valid measurement of a previously unexplored threat to patient safety, an evidence base to inform current triage and staffing decisions, and a conceptual framework that non-ICU investigators may use to evaluate threats posed by ..
- Molecular Chaperones and Small MoleculesJason E Gestwicki; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hsp70 is considered a "triage chaperone" because it is important in protein folding, while it also blocks aggregation and targets misfolded ..
- Commercialization of the OncoE6TM Cervical Test for detection of HPV induced maliJOHANNES G SCHWEIZER; Fiscal Year: 2013..The OncoE6TM Cervical Test delivers the clinical specificity and positive predictive value required for a triage screening test for cervical malignancy in emerging countries...
- Adolescent Drug Use: Development, Prevention and PolicyKenneth A Dodge; Fiscal Year: 2012..Durham Family Initiative (DFI) is an attempt to lower the county-wide incidence of child abuse through screening, triage, and intervention with pregnant women...
- Development of In Vivo EPR Tooth Dosimetry for Use by Non-Expert PersonnelOleg Grinberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..and procedures that will be suitable for operation under field conditions by non-expert operators to assist in the triage of populations that have potentially been exposed to clinically significant amounts of ionizing radiation...
- Protection against radiation-induced damage to intestinal nutrient transportRoger Howell; Fiscal Year: 2009..This may involve large numbers of victims that exceed our capacity to triage and treat, and argue for the development of non-toxic medical products that are readily available to the public...
- Plasma Protein Biomarker-Based Diagnostics Of Outcome In Sepsis and CAPSTEPHEN FRANCIS KINGSMORE; Fiscal Year: 2010..panel will be developed into an oligoplex IVD immunoassay performed on a single blood sample on the Biosite Triage platform, with a time-to-result of less than 30 minutes...
- Deriving a Prehospital Triage Decision Scheme for Injured Older AdultsManish N Shah; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Field Triage Decision Scheme, developed by the American College of Surgeons, guides ambulance-based emergency medical services (..
- Intratypic variation of oncogenic HPV types as a risk factor for cervical neoplasLong Fu Xi; Fiscal Year: 2012..specimens and epidemiological and clinical data from the population of women who participated in the ASCUS-LSIL Triage Study, the NCI sponsored multi-center clinical trial designed to evaluate strategies for triaging women with ..
- From Nanoparticles to Novel Protective GarmentsShyamala Rajagopalan; Fiscal Year: 2009..clothing for use by personnel associated with law enforcement agencies, emergency medical services, medical/triage facilities, and other federal, state, or local emergency agencies as well as by fire fighters and civilian first ..
- DNA methylation markers for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia IIIQinghua Feng; Fiscal Year: 2009..and ICC samples to derive a panel of markers for CIN-3/CIS/ICC detection (Aim 2), and their clinical utility in triage of women of ASC-US diagnosis will be determined (Aim 3)...
- Development of a FISH-Based HPV-Associated Cancer Detection TestJane Houldsworth; Fiscal Year: 2009..biomarkers to increase the sensitivity with which precancer/cancer are detected, so providing additional triage of the approximately 2,000,000 women each year in the US who undergo colposcopy for follow-up of abnormal cytology...
- Exploring New ED Intake StrategiesShari Welch; Fiscal Year: 2009..There has been innovation with alternatives to traditional triage being explored in isolated sites around the country, some of it published, some of it unpublished...
- Follow-Up of Vietnam Veterans at Risk for SuicideRUMI PRICE; Fiscal Year: 2005..A human subject protection aim is added to: 3) provide follow-up treatment triage and access to an on-call suicide intervention for those with current suicidal risk...
- Urinary Symptoms in Adolescent Females: STI or UTI?Jill Huppert; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, important questions regarding the triage of symptomatic patients remain unanswered...
- Multi-analyte Biosensor for Emerging Cardiac MarkersCHARLES PENNINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2001..This system is needed by both researchers and physicians to improve evaluation and triage of patients reporting to emergency departments with chest pain...
- DIAGNOSIS OF CHEST PAIN AND CARE IN RURAL HOSPITALSJohn Westfall; Fiscal Year: 2000..assists in the diagnosis of acute cardiac ischemia and has been shown to improve the diagnostic accuracy in the triage of patients cardiac ischemia...
- A Web-based Tool for Assessing and Addressing Mental Health of Young ChildrenBarbara Howard; Fiscal Year: 2009..Academy of Pediatrics, 2002;New Freedom Commission, 2003) call for primary care clinicians to screen for and triage problems related to mental health, development, and family functioning...
- TIPI SYSTEMS TO REDUCE ERRORS IN EMERGENCY CARDIAC CAREHARRY SELKER; Fiscal Year: 2002..departments (EDs) in this country each year with symptoms consistent with ACI, errors are made both in ED triage and treatment...
- Small-molecule inhibitors of the human RECQ1 and Bloom DNA helicasesOpher Gileadi; Fiscal Year: 2009..The resulting compounds will then be subject to orthogonal, secondary biochemical assays, to triage the initial hits, to classify compounds based on mode of action, and to derive structure-activity relationships (..
- Development of Platelet & Coagulation Activation AssaysRONALD SHEBUSKI; Fiscal Year: 2001..diagnosis of evolving AMI and reduce the time from first symptoms to first intervention as well as aid in triage of patients entering emergency care centers with chest pain and suspected AMI...
- NADPH Oxidase Inhibitor Therapy in Acute PancreatitisDavid Weinstein; Fiscal Year: 2002b>Triage Pharmaceuticals LLC ("Triage") was chartered in the summer of 1999 to exploit new treatments for vascular leakage related illnesses using NADPH oxidase inhibitors patented by Dr. James Holland, a Triage co-founder...
- PREDICTIONS & OUTCOMES IN CONGESTIVE HEART FAILUREWally Smith; Fiscal Year: 1993..be able to make accurate and discriminating predictions of these outcomes for acutely ill patients prior to the triage decision...
- Modeling Adherence to Psychotherapy for DepressionGregory Simon; Fiscal Year: 2009..Records from telephone triage calls will be used to identify approximately 40,000 adults and adolescents requesting initial psychotherapy ..
- Colorimetric Substrates of SAP2 for Vaginal CandidiasisStephen Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2004..or visiting their OB/GYN physician, is traditionally self-diagnosed by patients or diagnosed during telephone triage by a nurse based on patient answers to questions posed by the nurse and a review of patient history...
- HPV Testing in Cervical Cancer Screening: Time Trends and Evidence-Based PracticeDarcy Phelan; Fiscal Year: 2007..e., ASC-US triage)...
- ELECTRICAL ARC INJURY PARAMETERS AND PREVENTIONMARY CAPELLI SCHELLPFEFFER; Fiscal Year: 2001..3-dimensional (3D) models for electrical arc events and their use in severity rating blast conditions for planning triage and prevention is proposed...
- Interventions for Welfare Clients with AOD DisordersJon Morgenstern; Fiscal Year: 2006..Participant will be randomly assigned to three conditions: 1) triage and referral to a treatment program (usual care); 2) referral to a treatment program and case management services ..