community health centers
Summary: Facilities which administer the delivery of health care services to people living in a community or neighborhood.
Publications255 found, 100 shown here
- Routine rapid HIV screening in six community health centers serving populations at riskJanet J Myers
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, 50 Beale Street, Suite 1300, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:1269-74. 2009..To date, there are few documented applications of these recommendations...
- Insurance status and quality of diabetes care in community health centersJames X Zhang
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Public Health 99:742-7. 2009We sought to compare quality of diabetes care by insurance type in federally funded community health centers. Method...
- Predictors of blood pressure control among hypertensives in community health centersDonna Shelley
Division of General Internal Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Am J Hypertens 24:1318-23. 2011..The correlates of blood pressure (BP) control among hypertensive individuals who have access to care in community-based health-care settings are poorly characterized, particularly among minority and immigrant populations...
- Improving colorectal cancer screening among the medically underserved: a pilot study within a federally qualified health centerKishore Khankari
Access Community Health Network, Chicago, IL, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:1410-4. 2007..Colorectal cancer screening rates remain low, especially among low-income and racial/ethnic minority groups...
- Deficient supplies of drugs for life threatening diseases in an African communityNorman N Lufesi
Department of General Practice and Community Medicine Section for International Health, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
BMC Health Serv Res 7:86. 2007....
- Impact of accessible sexual and reproductive health care on poor and underserved adolescents in Managua, Nicaragua: a quasi-experimental intervention studyLiesbeth E Meuwissen
Instituto CentroAmericano de la Salud, Managua, Nicaragua
J Adolesc Health 38:56. 2006..The objective of this study was to evaluate a competitive voucher program intended to make sexual and reproductive health care (SRHC) accessible to adolescents from disadvantaged areas of Managua...
- Evaluating community health centers in the City of Dalian, China: how satisfied are patients with the medical services provided and their health professionals?Hassan H Dib
Peking University Health Science Center, School of Public Health, Health Policy and Management, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100083, China
Health Place 16:477-88. 2010Around 58 community health centers (CHCs) were investigated to evaluate their performance, and 372 residents were surveyed randomly about their satisfaction towards these centers...
- Human resource staffing and service functions of community health services organizations in ChinaJun Yang
School of Public Health and Family Medicine, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Ann Fam Med 6:421-7. 2008..We report a study on the developmental status of human resource staffing and service functions of community health services (CHS) in China and offer recommendations for improving the CHS in the future...
- Electronic health records vs Medicaid claims: completeness of diabetes preventive care data in community health centersJennifer E DeVoe
Department of Family Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Ann Fam Med 9:351-8. 2011Electronic Health Record (EHR) databases in community health centers (CHCs) present new opportunities for quality improvement, comparative effectiveness, and health policy research...
- Provider perceptions of limited health literacy in community health centersJennifer A Schlichting
Department of Medicine, Diabetes Research and Training Center, The University of Chicago, IL, United States
Patient Educ Couns 69:114-20. 2007..To examine techniques used by community health center (HC) providers to care for patients with limited health literacy (LHL)...
- Dispensary level pilot implementation of rapid diagnostic tests: an evaluation of RDT acceptance and usage by providers and patients--Tanzania, 2005Holly Ann Williams
International Emergency and Refugee Health Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Malar J 7:239. 2008..Without understanding operational issues or acceptance and usage by providers and patients, the costs of these tests may not be justified...
- Provider-initiated HIV testing and counseling: increased uptake in two public community health centers in South Africa and implications for scale-upShona Dalal
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e27293. 2011..We compared HIV test uptake under PITC to provider-referral to voluntary counseling and testing (VCT referral) in two primary health centers in South Africa...
- Patients' experiences in different models of community health centers in southern ChinaHarry H X Wang
School of Public Health and Primary Care, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Ann Fam Med 11:517-26. 2013..of strengthening primary care through the establishment and expansion of primary care networks based on community health centers (CHCs)...
- Technical and cost efficiency of oral health care provision in Finnish health centresMiika Linna
National Research and Development Centre for Welfare and Health, Siltasaarenkatu 18, PO Box 220, 00531 Helsinki, Finland
Soc Sci Med 56:343-53. 2003..The health centre specific efficiency scores obtained in this study can be used locally to evaluate, design and implement structural changes in the production processes...
- The evolution of the Fenway Community Health modelK Mayer
Infectious Disease Division, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, 111 Brewster St, Pawtucket, RI 02860, USA
Am J Public Health 91:892-4. 2001..This health center may provide a model of comprehensive LGBT health services that have a local impact...
- Safety-net providers after health care reform: lessons from MassachusettsLeighton Ku
Department of Health Policy, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20006, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:1379-84. 2011..Currently, many uninsured individuals receive care at safety-net health care providers such as community health centers (CHCs) or safety-net hospitals...
- Output-based payment to boost staff productivity in public health centres: contracting in Kabutare district, RwandaBruno Meessen
Department of Public Health, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
Bull World Health Organ 85:108-15. 2007..In many low-income countries, public health systems do not meet the needs and demands of the population. We aimed to assess the extent to which output-based payment could boost staff productivity at health care facilities...
- A micro-environmental intervention to reduce the harms associated with drug-related overdose: evidence from the evaluation of Vancouver's safer injection facilityThomas Kerr
British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Int J Drug Policy 18:37-45. 2007..Safer injection facilities (SIFs) constitute one such intervention, although little is known about the impact of such facilities on factors that mediate risk for overdose...
- Exposing racial discrimination: implicit & explicit measures--the My Body, My Story study of 1005 US-born black & white community health center membersNancy Krieger
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e27636. 2011....
- Results of the Heart Healthy and Ethnically Relevant Lifestyle trial: a cardiovascular risk reduction intervention for African American women attending community health centersDeborah Parra-Medina
Department of Health Promotion, Education and Behavior, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, USA
Am J Public Health 101:1914-21. 2011..We evaluated a theory-based lifestyle intervention targeting physical activity and dietary fat intake among African American women at high risk for cardiovascular disease...
- The effect of linking community health centers to a state-level smoker's quitline on rates of cessation assistanceDonna Shelley
Department of Cariology and Comprehensive Care, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, NY, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 10:25. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the effect of a fax referral system that links community health centers (CHCs) with the New York State Quitline on rates of provider cessation assistance.
- The Southern Community Cohort Study: investigating health disparitiesLisa B Signorello
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, TN, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 21:26-37. 2010Over 73,700 adults age 40-79, nearly 70% African American, were recruited at community health centers across 12 southeastern states; individual characteristics were recorded and biologic specimens collected at baseline for later follow-up...
- Direct facility funding as a response to user fee reduction: implementation and perceived impact among Kenyan health centres and dispensariesAntony Opwora
Kenya Medical Research Institute, Nairobi, Kenya
Health Policy Plan 25:406-18. 2010..Kenya plans to scale up DFF nationwide. Our findings indicate this is warranted, but should include improved training and documentation, greater emphasis on community engagement, and insistence on user fee adherence...
- Insurance continuity and receipt of diabetes preventive care in a network of federally qualified health centersRachel Gold
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, Oregon 97227 1110, USA
Med Care 47:431-9. 2009..For patients receiving care at Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), where care is provided regardless of insurance status, the role health insurance status plays in affecting receipt of services is less well understood...
- Analysis of factors influencing the outpatient workload at Chinese health centresJing Xu
Department of Social Medicine and Health Management, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 13 Hangkong Road, Wuhan, Hubei Province, 430030, PR China
BMC Health Serv Res 10:151. 2010..This study focuses on the question of how to increase the utilisation of Chinese community health centres (HCs)...
- Limited health literacy is a barrier to medication reconciliation in ambulatory careStephen D Persell
Health Literacy and Learning Program, Division of General Internal Medicine, and Institute for Healthcare Studies, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:1523-6. 2007..Limited health literacy may influence patients' ability to identify medications taken; a serious concern for ambulatory safety and quality...
- Use of a patient navigator to increase colorectal cancer screening in an urban neighborhood health clinicLina Jandorf
Department of Oncological Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Urban Health 82:216-24. 2005..1% vs. 25%, P=.086). Thus, a PN system successfully increases CRC screening rates among a predominantly minority population of low socioeconomic status...
- Evaluation of the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinicsMichael K Chapko
Health Services Research and Development, Northwest Center for Outcomes Research in Older Adults, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
Med Care 40:555-60. 2002....
- Adoption of health information technology in community health centers: results of a national surveyAlexandra E Shields
Harvard Massachusetts General Hospital, Center on Genomics, Vulnerable Populations, and Health Disparities, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:1373-83. 2007..This first national survey of federally funded community health centers (CHCs) shows that although 26 percent reported some electronic health record (EHR) capacity and 13 ..
- Opportunities and challenges for diabetes prevention at two community health centersMilagros C Rosal
Division of Preventative and Behavioral Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Massachesetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Diabetes Care 31:247-54. 2008..b>Community health centers (CHCs) provide unequaled opportunities to prevent diabetes among poor and minority high-risk groups...
- Predictors of timely follow-up after abnormal cancer screening among women seeking care at urban community health centersTracy A Battaglia
Women s Health Unit, Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, and Women s Health Interdisciplinary Research Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Cancer 116:913-21. 2010..We sought to measure time and identify predictors of timely follow-up among a cohort of racially/ethnically diverse inner city women with breast and cervical cancer screening abnormalities...
- Tailored interventions to increase influenza vaccination in neighborhood health centers serving the disadvantagedRichard K Zimmerman
Department of Family Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Public Health 93:1699-705. 2003..We designed and evaluated interventions to increase adult immunizations within inner-city health centers...
- The quality of chronic disease care in U.S. community health centersLeRoi S Hicks
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:1712-23. 2006b>Community health centers (CHCs) are responsible for providing care for more than fifteen million Americans, many of whom are members of groups who have been documented to receive low-quality care...
- Unaffordable or cost-effective?: introducing an emergency referral system in rural NigerPaul Bossyns
Belgian Technical Cooperation Agency BTC, Brussels, Belgium
Trop Med Int Health 10:879-87. 2005..An important investment was made in two health districts in Niger to organize an emergency referral system. This study estimates its impact and cost-effectiveness in relation with external determinants...
- Improving the detection of drug abuse, alcohol abuse, and depression in community health centersMark Olfson
Columbia University, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 14:386-402. 2003....
- The role of community health centers in delivering primary care to the underserved: experiences of the uninsured and Medicaid insuredLeiyu Shi
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 30:159-70. 2007b>Community health centers (CHCs) have long served an important safety-net healthcare delivery role for vulnerable populations...
- Patient and health service delay in the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in EthiopiaMeaza Demissie
National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
BMC Public Health 2:23. 2002....
- Promoting best-care practices in childhood asthma: quality improvement in community health centersSibylle H Lob
Institute for Health and Aging, University of California, San Francisco, 3333 California St, San Francisco, CA 94143 0646, USA
Pediatrics 128:20-8. 2011..We hypothesized that a larger project could achieve comparable outcome improvements with streamlined quality-improvement processes and decreased technical assistance...
- COACH trial: a randomized controlled trial of nurse practitioner/community health worker cardiovascular disease risk reduction in urban community health centers: rationale and designJerilyn K Allen
Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 32:403-11. 2011..health worker (CHW) teams versus enhanced usual care in improving the proportion of patients in urban community health centers who achieve goal levels recommended by national guidelines for lipids, blood pressure, HbA1c and ..
- The future role of community health centers in a changing health care landscapeDan Hawkins
National Association of Community Health Centers, Washington, District of Columbia 20005, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 34:90-9. 2011..This article explores how community health centers are well positioned to implement the Act's provisions, by expanding access to high-quality, affordable ..
- Perceptions of under and overutilization of cervical cancer screening services at Latino-serving community health centersGloria D Coronado
Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research, 3800 N Interstate Ave, Portland, OR 97227, USA
J Community Health 38:915-8. 2013..Overscreening was thought to occur among women younger than age 21 and women with a recent pregnancy. Our findings may inform future efforts to promote guideline-appropriate cancer screening and coordinated follow-up care. ..
- Developing a network of community health centers with a common electronic health record: description of the Safety Net West Practice-based Research Network (SNW-PBRN)Jennifer E DeVoe
Safety Net West Practice based Research Network, OCHIN, Inc, Portland, Oregon 97205 3529, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 24:597-604. 2011..We describe the founding of Safety Net West, its infrastructure development, current projects, and the future goals of this community-based PBRN with a common EHR...
- Building research infrastructure in community health centers: a Community Health Applied Research Network (CHARN) reportSonja Likumahuwa
Department of Family Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 26:579-87. 2013..introduces the Community Health Applied Research Network (CHARN), a practice-based research network of community health centers (CHCs)...
- Feasibility of evaluating the CHIPRA care quality measures in electronic health record dataRachel Gold
aKaiser Permanente Northwest Center for Health Research, Portland, Oregon, USA
Pediatrics 130:139-49. 2012..of the CHIPRA measures for application in EHR data through a case study of a network of >40 outpatient community health centers in 2009-2010 with a single EHR...
- Community of solution for the U.S. health care system: lessons from the U.S. educational systemJennifer E DeVoe
Department of Family Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 26:323-6. 2013..at the neighborhood level by district, similar to the structure for delivering public education? Could community health centers, governed by community boards, serve every neighborhood? This essay imagines how U.S...
- The path to physician leadership in community health centers: implications for trainingJeffrey F Markuns
Department of Family Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Fam Med 42:403-7. 2010b>Community health centers are facing a shortage of primary care physicians at a time when government plans have called for an expansion of community health center programs...
- Collaborative development of a randomized study to adapt a diabetes quality improvement initiative for federally qualified health centersRachel Gold
Kaiser Permanente Northwest Center for Health Research, 3800 N Interstate Avenue, Portland, OR 97227, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:236-46. 2012..We outline the innovative collaborative processes whereby researchers and FQHC providers adapted this initiative, which includes health information technology tools, to meet the FQHCs' needs...
- HIV-infected patients and treatment outcomes: an equivalence study of community-located, primary care-based HIV treatment vs. hospital-based specialty care in the Bronx, New YorkC Chu
Department of Family and Social Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
AIDS Care 22:1522-9. 2010..Treatment outcomes are comparable to those at a HB specialty center, suggesting that HIV care can be delivered effectively in community settings...
- VA community-based outpatient clinics: access and utilization performance measuresJohn C Fortney
Health Services Research and Development, Center for Mental Health and Outcomes Research, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72114 1706, USA
Med Care 40:561-9. 2002....
- Strategies for expanding colorectal cancer screening at community health centersMona Sarfaty
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 63:221-31. 2013b>Community health centers are uniquely positioned to address disparities in colorectal cancer (CRC) screening as they have addressed other disparities...
- Integrating community health centers into organized delivery systems can improve access to subspecialty careKatherine Neuhausen
David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:1708-16. 2012The Affordable Care Act is funding the expansion of community health centers to increase access to primary care, but this approach will not ensure effective access to subspecialty services...
- The OCHIN community information network: bringing together community health centers, information technology, and data to support a patient-centered medical villageJennifer E DeVoe
OCHIN, Inc, 1881 SW Naito Parkway, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 26:271-8. 2013..IT and data-sharing innovations to enhance partnerships between public health leaders, clinicians in community health centers, informatics experts, and policy makers...
- Role of patient race/ethnicity, insurance and age on Pap smear compliance across ten community health centers in FloridaNicole Cook
Clinical Data and Evaluation, Health Choice Network, 9064 NW13 Terr, Miami, FL 33172, USA
Ethn Dis 20:321-6. 2010b>Community Health Centers (CHCs) are the nation's primary care safety net for vulnerable populations, including racial/ethnic minorities, immigrants, migrant workers, and those who are uninsured...
- Factors affecting the quality of diabetes care in primary health care centres in TunisHugh Alberti
DSSB Direction du Soins de Santé de Base, 31 Rue Khartoum, Tunis, Tunisia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 68:237-43. 2005..A fuller understanding of quality of care within the context of the patients' environment is essential in order to develop appropriate health interventions...
- Public-private partnerships in community health centers: addressing the needs of underserved populationsLeiyu Shi
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Organ Ethic 4:35-42. 2007b>Community health centers have provided high quality, cost-effective primary healthcare to underserved populations for over four decades...
- The impact of managed care on the mix of vulnerable populations served by community health centersL Shi
Department of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health and Hygiene, Johns Hopkins Primary Care Policy Center for the Underserved, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 24:51-66. 2001This article examined the impact of managed care involvement on vulnerable populations served by community health centers (CHCs), while controlling for center rural-urban location and size, and found that centers involved in managed care ..
- Patient reports of the quality of care in community health centers: the importance of having a regular providerAnne Beal
The Aetna Foundation, Hartford, Conn, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 21:591-605. 2010To examine the importance of having a regular provider in community health centers (CHCs) for high quality care.
- Asking questions: the effect of a brief intervention in community health centers on patient activationDarwin Deen
Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, The City College of New York, New York, NY, USA
Patient Educ Couns 84:257-60. 2011To evaluate the impact of a patient activation intervention (PAI) focused on building question formulation skills that was delivered to patients in community health centers prior to their physician visit.
- Recruitment and retention of primary care physicians at community health centers: a survey of Massachusetts physiciansJudith A Savageau
Center for Health Policy and Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Shrewsbury, MA 01545, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 22:817-35. 2011As the backbone of the safety-net system, community health centers (CHCs) provide access to essential services, yet contend with high provider turnover...
- Specialized care of overweight children in community health centersShikha G Anand
Boston Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:712-7. 2010..the delivery of so-called secondary care-referral-based specialized visits-by primary care teams within community health centers. The Healthy Weight Clinic reorganizes care to provide access to a trained team consisting of a pediatric ..
- Glycemic control in diabetic patients served by community health centersNeil A Maizlish
Community Health Center Network, Alameda, CA 94502, USA
Am J Med Qual 19:172-9. 2004The Community Health Center Network measured the prevalence of glycemic control in diabetic patients at 7 community health centers as part of its clinical quality improvement program...
- Teaching primary care in community health centers: addressing the workforce crisis for the underservedRichard E Rieselbach
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Ann Intern Med 152:118-22. 2010..authors propose a link between primary care graduate medical education and care for the underserved in community health centers, where expansion will be necessary for the anticipated increase in Medicaid and insured patients...
- Are services delivered by community health centers more cost-effective? Evidence from urban ChinaHongli Jiang
Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Health Econ 18:S107-17. 2009China has introduced a system of community health centers (CHCs) to provide primary care...
- Improving the management of chronic disease at community health centersBruce E Landon
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 356:921-34. 2007..Collaboratives of the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) were designed to improve care in community health centers, where many patients from ethnic and racial minority groups and uninsured patients receive treatment.
- Southern community cohort study: establishing a cohort to investigate health disparitiesLisa B Signorello
International Epidemiology Institute, Rockville, MD, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 97:972-9. 2005..To demonstrate the methods of recruitment of a low-income, predominantly African-American study population for the Southern Community Cohort Study (SCCS), a prospective epidemiologic investigation of racial disparities in cancer risk...
- Infant hearing screening at immunization clinics in South AfricaDe Wet Swanepoel
Department of Communication Pathology, University of Pretoria, Pretoria 0002, South Africa
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:1241-9. 2006..The current study, therefore, investigates a hearing screening program implemented at two immunization clinics in a representative South African community...
- The cost-effectiveness of improving diabetes care in U.S. federally qualified community health centersElbert S Huang
The University of Chicago, 5841 S, Maryland Avenue, MC 2007, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Health Serv Res 42:2174-93; discussion 2294-323. 2007To estimate the incremental cost-effectiveness of improving diabetes care with the Health Disparities Collaborative (HDC), a national collaborative quality improvement (QI) program conducted in community health centers (HCs).
- Service utilization in community health centers in China: a comparison analysis with local hospitalsXilong Pan
Department of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health, Peking University, China
BMC Health Serv Res 6:93. 2006Being an important part of China's Urban Health Care Reform System, Community Health Centers (CHCs) have been established throughout the entire country and are presently undergoing substantial reconstruction...
- Race/ethnicity in medical charts and administrative databases of patients served by community health centersNeil Maizlish
Community Health Center Network, 1320 Harbor Bay Parkway, Suite 250, Alameda, CA 94502, USA
Ethn Dis 16:483-7. 2006The objective of this study was to measure the agreement in classification of patients' race/ethnicity in the medical charts and the automated practice management systems (PMSs) of seven community health centers.
- Prevalence of major depressive episodes in rural women using primary careEmily J Hauenstein
Thomas A Saunders III Family Professor of Nursing at the University of Virginia, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 18:185-202. 2007..We estimate that 44.3% of the population of women using the CHC had MDE. These findings underscore the need for mental health services in rural primary care, especially in facilities serving impoverished women...
- Perspectives of non-Hispanic Black and Latino patients in Boston's urban community health centers on their experiences with diabetes and hypertensionBeverley E Russell
The Center for Community Health Education Research and Service CCHERS, 716 Columbus Ave, Suite 398, Boston, MA 02120, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:504-9. 2010..S. A better understanding of the health beliefs and experiences of non-Hispanic Blacks and Latinos with these diseases could help to improve their care outcomes...
- Association between community health center and rural health clinic presence and county-level hospitalization rates for ambulatory care sensitive conditions: an analysis across eight US statesJanice C Probst
South Carolina Rural Health Research Center, Department of Health Services Policy and Management, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29210, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 9:134. 2009Federally qualified community health centers (CHCs) and rural health clinics (RHCs) are intended to provide access to care for vulnerable populations...
- Warfarin for atrial fibrillation in community-based practiseA J Rose
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes, and Economic Research, Bedford VA Medical Center, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
J Thromb Haemost 6:1647-54. 2008..Previous studies of anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation (AF) have predominantly occurred in academic settings or randomized trials, limiting their generalizability...
- Patient satisfaction with antiretroviral services at primary health-care facilities in the Free State, South Africa--a two-year study using four waves of cross-sectional dataEdwin Wouters
Department of Sociology and Research Centre for Longitudinal and Life Course Studies, University of Antwerp, Sint Jacob Street 2, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
BMC Health Serv Res 8:210. 2008..The second objective was to examine the association between human resource shortages and levels of patient satisfaction with services...
- Training family physicians in community health centers: a health workforce solutionCarl G Morris
University of Washington, Department of Family Medicine, Seattle, WA 98104 2499, USA
Fam Med 40:271-6. 2008For more than 25 years, family medicine residencies (FMRs) have worked with community health centers (CHCs) to train family physicians...
- Integration of a promotora-led self-management program into a system of careCorinne E Joshu
Department of Community Health, Prevention Research Center, Saint Louis University School of Public Health, 3545 Lafayette Avenue, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Diabetes Educ 33:151S-158S. 2007..The purpose of this article is to describe the integration of a promotora-led self-management component into a system of care and assess the influence of this program on indicators of metabolic control over time...
- Typing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains isolated in Community Health Centers of Rio de Janeiro City, BrazilMaranibia C Oelemann
Departamento de Micobacterioses, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 21045 900, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 102:455-62. 2007Fingerprinting of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains from tuberculosis (TB) patients attended in Community Health Centers (CHCs) of Rio de Janeiro was performed to verify possible risk factors for TB transmission...
- Healthcare utilization of patients accessing an African national treatment programGuy Harling
The Desmond Tutu HIV Centre, Institute for Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, South Africa
BMC Health Serv Res 7:80. 2007..Existing studies of healthcare utilization on HAART have been conducted in the developed world, where HAART is commenced when HIV illness is less advanced...
- Impact of health disparities collaboratives on racial/ethnic and insurance disparities in US community health centersLeRoi S Hicks
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:279-86. 2010The Health Resources and Services Administration Health Disparities Collaboratives (HDCs) were developed to improve care for chronic medical conditions in community health centers (CHCs).
- Technical efficiency of public clinics in Kwazulu-Natal Province of South AfricaJ M Kirigia
WHO Regional Office for Africa, Harare
East Afr Med J 78:S1-13. 2001..In sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) much of the attention of policy makers, health care managers, health systems researchers and donors is focussed almost solely on mobilising additional resources and not on efficiency in their use...
- The financial performance of community health centers, 1996-1999John S McAlearney
Harvard University, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 21:219-25. 2002This paper presents recent financial health trends of community health centers (CHCs) between 1996 and 1999, a time characterized by fiscal and operating challenges...
- Using data envelopment analysis to measure the technical efficiency of public health centers in KenyaJoses M Kirigia
World Health Organization, Regional Office for Africa, Congo
J Med Syst 28:155-66. 2004....
- Psychosocial problems among patients in neighborhood health centers: perspectives from health care providersVictoria M Rizzo
Elder Network of the Capital Region, School of Social Welfare, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, NY 12222, USA
J Community Health 30:125-40. 2005....
- The North Carolina experience with the diabetes health disparities collaborativesAnthea Wang
Scott Clinic, Piedmont Health Services, Burlington, North Carolina, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Saf 30:396-404. 2004..The North Carolina Diabetes Prevention and Control Branch has partnered with the 12 participating community health centers since early 2000.
- Perceptions of barriers and facilitators of cancer early detection among low-income minority women in community health centersGbenga Ogedegbe
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 622 W 168th St, PH 9W, Room 949, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 97:162-70. 2005..This taxonomy may serve as a useful framework for primary care providers to educate and counsel their patients about cancer screening behaviors...
- Translational research at community health centers: challenges and successes in recruiting and retaining low-income Latino patients with type 2 diabetes into a randomized clinical trialMilagros C Rosal
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Department of Medicine, Division of Preventive and Behavioral Medicine, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Diabetes Educ 36:733-49. 2010To describe methods used to recruit and retain low-income Latinos in a randomized clinical trial (RCT) of a diabetes self-management intervention at 5 community health centers (CHCs) in Massachusetts.
- Improving and sustaining diabetes care in community health centers with the health disparities collaborativesMarshall H Chin
Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Med Care 45:1135-43. 2007..Health Care began the Health Disparities Collaboratives (HDC) to improve chronic disease management in community health centers (HCs) nationwide...
- Electronic patient registries improve diabetes care and clinical outcomes in rural community health centersCecil Pollard
Office of Health Services Research, West Virginia University, Morgantown, W VA 26506 9190, USA
J Rural Health 25:77-84. 2009..The level of basic registry utilization sufficient for positive change is unknown...
- A systems-based intervention to promote smoking as a vital sign in patients served by community health centersNeil A Maizlish
Community Health Center Network, Alameda, California 94502, USA
Am J Med Qual 21:169-77. 2006..adult patients about tobacco use was measured after an intervention to adopt smoking as a vital sign at 7 community health centers. The intervention consisted of training staff, revising forms and vital sign stamps, and disseminating ..
- Individual-level predictors for HIV testing among antenatal attendees in Lusaka, ZambiaSara Thierman
University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Med Sci 332:13-7. 2006..Because individual-level characteristics were only weakly predictive of HIV testing, future work should concentrate on community-level factors...
- Would safety-net expansions offset reduced access resulting from lost insurance coverage? Race/ethnicity differencesJack Hadley
Center for Studying Health System Change, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:1679-87. 2006..Access gaps either remained the same or worsened slightly for English-speaking Hispanics and African Americans relative to whites...
- Ambulatory care sensitive hospitalizations and emergency visits: experiences of Medicaid patients using federally qualified health centersM Falik
MDS Associates, Wheaton, Maryland 20902, USA
Med Care 39:551-61. 2001..Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) serve as regular sources of preventive and primary care for low-income families within their communities and are key parts of the health care safety net...
- Barriers to providing diabetes care in community health centersM H Chin
Department of Medicine, Diabetes Research and Training Center, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Diabetes Care 24:268-74. 2001We aimed to identify barriers to improving care for individuals with diabetes in community health centers. These findings are important because many such patients, as in most other practice settings, receive care that does not meet ..
- Shortages of medical personnel at community health centers: implications for planned expansionRoger A Rosenblatt
WWAMI Rural Health Research Center, Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 4696, USA
JAMA 295:1042-9. 2006The US government is expanding the capacity of community health centers (CHCs) to provide care to underserved populations.
- The value of electronic health records in community health centers: policy implicationsRobert H Miller
Institute for Health and Aging, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:206-14. 2007This paper analyzes the costs and benefits of electronic health records (EHRs) in six community health centers (CHCs) that serve disadvantaged patients...
- Process of care for Medicaid-enrolled children with asthma: served by community health centers and other providersAlexandra E Shields
Institute for Health Care Research and Policy, Georgetown Public Policy Institute, Georgetown University, 2233 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Suite 525, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Med Care 40:303-14. 2002To compare the process of care received by Medicaid-enrolled children with asthma served by community health centers (CHCs) and other Medicaid providers.
- VA community-based outpatient clinics: cost performance measuresMatthew L Maciejewski
Northwest Center for Outcomes Research in Older Adults VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
Med Care 40:587-95. 2002..To examine the direct costs of treating veterans in Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) and primary care clinics operated by VA medical centers (VAMCs) between April 1998 and September 1998...
- A randomized controlled trial to increase cancer screening among attendees of community health centersRichard G Roetzheim
Department of Family Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, Fla 33612, USA
Ann Fam Med 2:294-300. 2004..We assessed the efficacy of the Cancer Screening Office Systems (Cancer SOS), an intervention designed to increase cancer screening in primary care settings serving disadvantaged populations...
- Ability of community health centers to obtain mental health services for uninsured patientsGeorge Rust
JAMA 293:554-6. 2005
- The role of public clinics in preventable hospitalizations among vulnerable populationsA J Epstein
Health Care Systems Department, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Health Serv Res 36:405-20. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The availability of public ambulatory clinics is associated with better access to primary care among low-income and elderly populations...
- Access to specialty care and medical services in community health centersNakela L Cook
Health Care Policy Department, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:1459-68. 2007Although community health centers (CHCs) provide primary health services to the medically underserved and poor, limited access to off-site specialty services may lead to poorer outcomes among underinsured CHC patients...
- Community, Health Center, and Academic Medicine Partnership Project-(CHAMPP)LeRoi Hicks; Fiscal Year: 2007..researchers from the Harvard Medical School, a community-based health advocacy organization and seven community health centers located in four Boston neighborhoods with a large representation of non-Hispanic Black and Hispanic ..
- Expanding Vietnamese Community and Academic Infrastructure for Health ResearchBang H Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Santa Clara) in California;4) type of community organizations - to include community-based organizations, community health centers, and healthcare provider organizations;5) number of organizations conducting collaborative research;and 6)..
- A multicenter clinical trial of allopurinol to prevent GFR loss in T1DS MICHAEL MAUER; Fiscal Year: 2012..The reduction in morbidity and mortality resulting from this would have a major impact on the lives of T1D patients as well as on society at large, significantly reducing the human and financial costs associated with this condition. ..
- Southern Community Cohort StudyWei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2013..uniquely overcame many known barriers to inclusion by developing partnerships with a network of southern Community Health Centers (CHCs), institutions that provide basic health services primarily to America's poor and uninsured...
- Mothers in Motion Program to Prevent Weight Gain in Overweight/Obese WIC MothersMei Wei Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., OB/GYN offices), and other settings (e.g., Community Health Centers) that promote healthy lifestyles for similar target audiences...
- Northwest/Alaska/Hawaii Center to Reduce Oral Health DisparitiesPETER M MILGROM; Fiscal Year: 2012..in the State of Oregon serving whites and Latinos, a training center in Klamath County Oregon, and large Community Health Centers serving minority communities in Woodburn, Oregon (Salud Medical Center, Latinos) and Waianae Coast, ..
- Reducing Health Disparities by Decreasing Weight Bias in Community Healthcare SetJeanne M Ferrante; Fiscal Year: 2013..Methods: Randomized controlled trial is used to pilot-test the intervention in 4 federall qualified community health centers (2 control, 2 intervention) serving high numbers of obese, poor, minority women...
- Task Shifting and Blood Pressure Control in Ghana: A Cluster- Randomized Trial.GBENGA GODWIN OGEDEGBE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thirty-two community health centers (CHCs) in Ghana will be randomly assigned to either the IG (N=16) or the CG (N=16)...
- Adapting Hypertension and Diabetes Guides for Hard-to-Reach African American MenJennifer L Lauby; Fiscal Year: 2010..4) Develop and assess methods of disseminating the adapted guides to men in community health centers, the correctional system and in faith- based organizations and examine adoption, reach, economic cost and ..
- MEHARRY CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERValerie Rice; Fiscal Year: 2009..To diversify clinical research, the CRC will develop collaborative research with community health centers and other RCRll clinical research centers, as well as a clinical pharmacology program...
- Massachusetts Health Disparities Monitoring SystemNANCY R contact KRESSIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..data from:1) New England's largest safety net hospital, Boston Medical Center, and its affiliated community health centers;2) another large academic tertiary care system, University of Massachusetts Medical Center in central MA ..
- HIV Testing in Dental Care SettingsLisa R Metsch; Fiscal Year: 2011..Several national meetings organized by the CDC, the National Association of Community Health Centers and state dental associations have discussed the roll-out of rapid HIV testing in the dental care setting...
- First preventive dental visit: Disparities in needs, costs + behavioral insightsPeter C Damiano; Fiscal Year: 2010..The chart reviews will be performed at 9 Community Health Centers (CHCs) with electronic health records for 270 children in Iowa...
- PS11-003 Minority AIDS Research InitiativeMARGARET ROSE PEREYRA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Several national meetings organized by the CDC, the National Association of Community Health Centers and state dental associations have discussed the roll-out of rapid HIV testing in the dental care setting...
- Improving PTSD Management in Primary CareLisa S Meredith; Fiscal Year: 2013..trial to test the impact of a PTSD Care Management (PCM) program for patients seeking primary care from community health centers (CHCs)...
- Testing clinical decision support for treating tobacco use in dental clinicsDONNA R SHELLEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..critical new knowledge to accelerate the translation of effective tobacco dependence treatment into the routine care delivered by dental professionals in Community Health Centers and dental practices across the U.S.
- Breast Cancer Early Detection Intervention at Community Health Centers in ChinaGrace X Ma; Fiscal Year: 2013..curriculum and behavioral intervention t increase breast cancer screening among Chinese women at community health centers in China~ 2) conduct a pilot intervention trial and evaluate the feasibility, acceptability and evidence ..
- Controlling Blood Pressure in Treatment Resistant Hypertension: A Pilot StudyMarilyn Laken; Fiscal Year: 2012..Methods: 8 diverse clinics (>1 community health centers, single &multi-site primary care clinics, community residency training programs) that provide care ..
- Arizona Center for Education and Research on TherapeuticsRaymond L Woosley; Fiscal Year: 2010..PDDI educational interventions that take place in community settings, including clinical laboratories and community health centers (CHC) and capture the "teachable moment" when patients are waiting to have blood drawn for monitoring ..
- Implementing Comprehensive PMTCT and HIV Prevention for South African CouplesKARL F PELTZER; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): In rural South Africa, only two-thirds of HIV+ pregnant women seeking antenatal care at community health centers took full advantage of available "prevention of mother-to-child transmission" (PMTCT) services in 2010 (..
- Minding the Baby: Home Visiting Program EvaluationLois S Sadler; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the control group will receive standard prenatal, postpartum and pediatric primary care in one of two community health centers (as will the intervention group) and also receive monthly educational materials about child health and ..
- Buprenorphine for PrisonersTimothy W Kinlock; Fiscal Year: 2011..of treatment services to heroin-dependent individuals in "real-world" settings, including prisons and community health centers. The presently proposed clinical trial aims to bridge this gap by examining the extent to which opioid ..
- Implementing tobacco use treatment guidelines in community health centers in VietDONNA R SHELLEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..s. ..
- Genomic Medicine Pilot For Hypertension And Kidney Disease In Primary CareCarol R Horowitz; Fiscal Year: 2013..pilot project, we plan to implement a cluster randomized trial at primary care facilities of a network of community health centers in Harlem and the Bronx and at Mount Sinai Medical Center...
- Health IT decision support to improve medication management safety and qualityGerardo Moreno; Fiscal Year: 2013..health information technology (HIT) to improve medication management decision making for older adults in community health centers. The proposed Mentored Patient-Oriented Career Development Award will provide Dr...
- An Ecological Approach to Addressing Childhood Obesity Issues in Imperial CountyGuadalupe X Ayala; Fiscal Year: 2013..diet, physical activity, and fewer sedentary behaviors in four different sectors: federally qualified community health centers, childcare centers, elementary schools, and the community (restaurants and parks &recreation ..
- NATIONAL VISION PRESERVATION INITATIVEAndrea Densham; Fiscal Year: 2010..The research team will examine an adult screening program as implemented in Ohio community health centers and free clinics to determine its implications on vision health in the aging population...
- Promoting Health Literacy for Colorectal Cancer ScreeningRobert J Volk; Fiscal Year: 2010..about CRCS among men and women with low health literacy, who are presenting for health care in urban community health centers. Entertainment education is the process of purposely designing and implementing media that incorporate ..
- Community Health Center Intervention for Intimate Partner Violence<brKarin V Rhodes; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will be conducted in four Philadelphia Health Department community health centers serving 50,000 low income primarily minority patients, and will create 6 new FTE jobs.
- Yoga vs. Physical Therapy for Chronic Low Back Pain in Minority PopulationsROBERT BRUCE SAPER; Fiscal Year: 2013..population of 260 adults with CLBP will be recruited from Boston Medical Center and six affiliated community health centers and randomized in a 2:2:1 ratio to yoga, physical therapy, and education, respectively...
- Meharry Medical College-CHC Community Networks Program CenterMARGARET KIRKCALDY HARGREAVES; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Meharry Community Health Centers (CHC)-Community Networks Program (CNP) Center will adhere to CBPR methodologies to reach the target ..
- Center for Research to Evaluate &Eliminate Dental DisparitiesRaul I Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2013..community-based intervention research projects will be: Project #1 (D&IR Project) - Partnering with Community Health Centers to Prevent ECC (D&IR Project) Physician-delivered interventions, targeted at children aged 1 to 3 ..
- Assessing a Medicaid Randomized Insurance Experiment within Community ClinicsJennifer E DeVoe; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed study will use electronic health record (EHR) data from a network of >100 community health centers to assess how receipt of CVD preventive care was impacted by Oregon's Medicaid lottery, among ..
- RCT of Video-Conference &In-Person Weight Loss Services for Adult CHC PatientsDaniel O Clark; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Community health centers (CHC) provide primary care to persons regardless of ability to pay and under health care reform will be ..
- Preventing Drug Use in Low Income Clinic PopulationsLILLIAN GELBERG GELBERG; Fiscal Year: 2011..that would be expanded to all `at risk'substance use and shared between community health centers. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The proposed study will address the critical need to reduce illegal drug use, ..
- Salivary Gland Tumor Cell BiorepositoryAdel El-Naggar; Fiscal Year: 2012..It is anticipated that access to information on biospecimens and associated clinical data will be facilitated through a web-based electronic interface that is searchable online. ..
- A Sustainable Approach to Increasing Cancer Screening in Community Health CentersKaren M Emmons; Fiscal Year: 2011..with our community partners to adapt the most effective intervention based on the RCT and offer it to community health centers in Boston and Los Angeles that are part of community-based research networks in which we participate...
- The MB-CCOP at Boston Medical CenterLisa A Kachnic; Fiscal Year: 2013..Navigators will be placed at five of Boston's community health centers (CHCs) to facilitate the communication process and the referral of appropriate patients for evaluation of ..
- Salivary Gland Tumor Cell BiorepositoryAdel K El Naggar; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is anticipated that access to information on biospecimens and associated clinical data will be facilitated through a web-based electronic interface that is searchable online...
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute at Children's NationalLisa Marie Guay-Woodford; Fiscal Year: 2013..disparities and childhood antecedents of adult diseases;our relationship with a national network of 1200 community health centers, and in Tl strengths in rare diseases and neurodevelopmental disabilities...
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute at Children's NationalLisa Marie Guay-Woodford; Fiscal Year: 2013..disparities and childhood antecedents of adult diseases;our relationship with a national network of 1200 community health centers, and in TI strengths in rare diseases and neurodevelopmental disabilities...
- Translation Research on Chronic Disease Self-ManagementChristopher M Callahan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Three Year 05 projects are now underway. Our pilots have largely operated in a laboratory of Community Health Centers (CHCs), which are part of an expanding national network of publicly-funded primary care sites serving ..
- Routine HIV Testing in Primary Care PracticesEmma M Simmons; Fiscal Year: 2010..HIV testing and evaluate its acceptance by primary care providers (PCPs), office staff and patients in community health centers that serve disadvantaged minority communities (Blacks and Latinos)...
- Closing the Research-To-Practice Gap in Cardiac Care Minority and Low Income Pop*Adesuwa B Olomu; Fiscal Year: 2013..hospital Guideline Applied to Practice (GAP) to office practice (Office-GAP) using Federally Qualified Community Health Centers (FQCHCs)...
- Meharry Medical College-Community Health Centers NetworkMargaret Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Phase HI, funding will be sought to sustain credible beneficial programs on a large scale. ..
- Gender Power and HIV-Related Sexual Risk Behavior in Older African American WomenTANYKA K SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2012..A sample of 228 AA women over age 50 will be recruited from community health centers in the Brooklyn and Queens boroughs of New York City and asked to complete questionnaires at baseline and ..
- Innovative Systems & Educational Tools to Advance an Established Diabetic RetinopGARY GREGORY; Fiscal Year: 2009..the care improvements and cost effectiveness of providing DR screening services for uninsured patients in community health centers. ADx has the required expertise and technology to elevate DR assessment services to a new level with ..
- The Kentucky Diabetes and Obesity Collaborative (KDOC)KEVIN A contact PEARCE; Fiscal Year: 2010..with KDOC goals Methods: The project will create a partnership linking 10 rural Federally-Qualified Community Health Centers, 6 Public Health Department Diabetes Centers of Excellence, Kentucky Medicaid and the UK AHC to form the ..
- University of Hawaii Research Scientist Award in Molecular CardiologyRALPH VICTOR SHOHET; Fiscal Year: 2011..To achieve these aims, we propose collaboration with the community (including Community Health Centers and Research Clinics, public and private sector research programs, and the Department of Health), ..
- Integrating Prenatal Care to Reduce HIV/STDs Among Teens: A Translational StudyJONATHAN N N TOBIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..during and after pregnancy among adolescents and young women (aged 14-19) receiving prenatal care in 14 Community Health Centers (CHCs) serving predominantly Black and Latina communities in the New York City Metropolitan area...
- Online Tool To Recognize and Respond to Elder HomelessnessSuzanne Zerger; Fiscal Year: 2011..As a result, providers in hospitals, community health centers, senior centers, and other service organizations make poor choices around discharge, service and care ..
- "Patient Navigation in the SafetyNet: CONNECTeDD"Karen Freund; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objective of this study is to design, implement and evaluate a patient navigator intervention at six community health centers in Boston, Massachusetts...
- Integrated Technologies for Weight and Blood Pressure Control in Urban ClinicsGraham A Colditz; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have partnered with Boston HealthNet, a network of 10 community health centers that provide care to low income and racial/ethnic minority populations, and will conduct a practical ..
- Computer-based Patient Provider Communication about CAM UseWILLIAM Z TAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Hospital outpatient clinics and community health centers with high populations of monolingual Chinese &Korean speakers will be recruited to test the prototype ..
- Multicenter Investigation of the Mechanical Determinants of Post-Traumatic OAJ Lawrence Marsh; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed study and this collaboration will provide a strong platform for future contemplated trials of biologic intervention to prevent post-traumatic osteoarthritis. ..
- Improving Diabetes Care and Outcomes on the South Side of ChicagoMonica E Peek; Fiscal Year: 2013..patients living in predominantly low- income African-American communities, through collaboration between community health centers, an academic medical center, and community-based organizations...
- HIV Screening in the Emergency Department SettingMichael S Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2010..estimates, b) routine screening (testing offered to all regardless of risk), and c) targeted screening in community health centers. These aims are complementary to the career development of the PI and provide a unique opportunity to ..
- Setting a Quality Improvement Research Agenda to Leverage HIT/HIM in Rural AmericMary Madison; Fiscal Year: 2009..presentations on related work funded by AHRQ addressing access to care of disparate populations in rural community health centers;pay-for-performance and the economic implications facing rural physician practices and hospitals;and ..
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute at Children's NationalMendel Tuchman; Fiscal Year: 2011..disparities and childhood antecedents of adult diseases;our relationship with a national network of 1200 community health centers, and in TI strengths in rare diseases and neurodevelopmental disabilities...
- Implementing Opioid Risk Reduction Strategies into Primary Care PracticeJane M Liebschutz; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose a randomized controlled trial in 4 Boston federally qualified community health centers (CHCs)...
- CHOLESTEROL TREATMENT MODEL FOR LOW INCOME PATIENTSRoss Simpson; Fiscal Year: 1993..treatment program (Assist Model) designed to improve primary care management of hypercholesterolemia in community health centers. The Model emphasizes provider-directed diet treatment facilitating referral to a nutritionist and drug ..
- Comparative Effectiveness of Health Insurance Reform on Cancer DisparitiesKaren Freund; Fiscal Year: 2010..cohort of women with abnormal breast and cervical cancer screening studies between 2004-5 and 2007-9 at 6 community health centers in Boston...
- New Media Obesity Treatment in Community Health CentersGary G Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our group has conducted preliminary studies of eHealth obesity treatment interventions in community health centers. Community health centers are particularly important primary care settings because they mainly serve ..
- Research and Mentorship in Improving Diabetes CareMarshall H Chin; Fiscal Year: 2013..the outcomes of particularly vulnerable patients with diabetes including those served in safety net community health centers, and to train students, fellows, and junior faculty who wish to perform patient-oriented translational ..
- MULTI-METHOD ASSESSMENT OF MEDICAID MANAGED CAREHoward Waitzkin; Fiscal Year: 2000..Ethnographic research methods will address this aim by focusing on income support offices, community health centers, emergency departments, private practitioners' offices, and managed care organizations in both urban and ..
- GA Carmichael Grant for Access to Digital LibrariesEDDIE ANTHONY; Fiscal Year: 2002..5. Continue the Bureau of Primary Health Care goals of 100% access and 0% disparity for all citizens regardless of their ability to pay. ..
- RAHECNETPatricia Rodriguez; Fiscal Year: 1999..current and planned) comprises more than 50 health care providers working in public health departments, community health centers, free clinics, private practice, and rural hospitals throughout the region...
- Improving Health Habits: Self-Care PrioritiesLillian Gelberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..among culturally diverse, low-income populations that typically comprise the patient population of these community health centers in Los Angeles urban areas...
- BLUE RIDGE AHEC-PROJECT REACHSharon Norman; Fiscal Year: 2000..State University Library, and ten health care facilities including four community hospitals, three community health centers, one mental health center, two public health departments, and one family practice center...
- OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SURVEILLANCE OF LOW INCOME, MINORITYLetitia Davis; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Community health centers (CHC) provide a point-of-access to low income, minority populations not reached through conventional ..
- New Mexico Mental Health Mentorship/Education ProgramHoward Waitzkin; Fiscal Year: 2009..expanding it in two important ways: a) By recruiting minority primary care practitioners (PCPs) based at community health centers, the MEP will address the importance of "translational" research to bridge the nationally recognized gap ..
- PRIMARY CARE & DISADVANTAGED ASIANS/PACIFIC ISLANDERSYing Meng; Fiscal Year: 1993..This study uses clinical data from selected community health centers serving Asians and Pacific Islanders...
- Failure to Return: Why Families Don't Keep Immunization AppointmentsMELISSA STOCKWELL; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also conduct surveys of community health centers and private pediatric offices to ascertain type of practice and provider, VFC status, access, continuity, ..
- Adolescent Primary Care Adoption of Substance Use SBIChristopher Tompkins; Fiscal Year: 2005..These hypotheses will be tested in a national telephone survey of the clinical directors of Community Health Centers and School Based Health Centers in 60 market areas (n=300). Our specific study aims are to: 1...
- Periodontal Therapy: Effects on Glycemic Control in Community Health CentersGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Integrating Prenatal Care to Reduce HIV/STDs Among Teens: A Translational StudyJeannette R Ickovics; Fiscal Year: 2010..during and after pregnancy among adolescents and young women (aged 14-19) receiving prenatal care in 14 Community Health Centers (CHCs) serving predominantly Black and Latina communities in the New York City Metropolitan area...
- Overcoming Barriers to Early Phase Clinical TrialsBruce Chabner; Fiscal Year: 2004..for 400 new cases of cancer each year, as referred from the Cambridge Health Alliance, a network of 15 community health centers in Cambridge...
- North Country Care-Net: Easy Links to Health InformationMARTHA MCLEOD; Fiscal Year: 2003..Participating sites include two federally qualified community health centers, a care coordination program office, two Adult Tutorial Programs, a community action program, and a ..
- A Toolkit for Primary Care Practices to Improve the Safety of Testing ProcessesMILTON EDER; Fiscal Year: 2010..team is currently conducting an AHRQ sponsored multi-method risk assessment of the testing process in 10 community health centers of Access Community Health Network (ACCESS)...
- BOSTON UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CAMPUS/BOSTON HEALTHNET INTERNDavid Ginn; Fiscal Year: 2001..Currently most of the HealthNet community health centers (CHCs) and their professional staff and students do not have Internet access at the CHCs...
- A Practice-Based Research Network of Community Health C*Neil Maizlish; Fiscal Year: 2002A Practice-Based Research Network of Community Health Centers (Infrastructure Development - Category I) The Community Health Center Network (CHCN) is a non-profit organization that provides management services for seven long-established, ..
- Holomua Project Improving Transitional Care in Hawai'iCHRISTINE SAKUDA; Fiscal Year: 2007..for vulnerable populations in Hawaii through improving the flow of information between patients/families, community health centers and hospitals using health information technology (HIT). The specific aims of the project are to: 1...