Genomes and Genes
Summary: A country in western Europe bordered by the Atlantic Ocean, the English Channel, the Mediterranean Sea, and the countries of Belgium, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, the principalities of Andorra and Monaco, and by the duchy of Luxembourg. Its capital is Paris.
Publications316 found, 100 shown here
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension in France: results from a national registryMarc Humbert
UPRES EA 2705, Service de Pneumologie et Reanimation Respiratoire, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Sud, 157 rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92140 Clamart, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:1023-30. 2006..Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) is an orphan disease for which the trend is for management in designated centers with multidisciplinary teams working in a shared-care approach...
- Has the impact of heat waves on mortality changed in France since the European heat wave of summer 2003? A study of the 2006 heat waveA Fouillet
INSERM, U754, IFR69, Universite Paris Sud 11, Epidémiologie Environnementale des Cancers, Villejuif, France
Int J Epidemiol 37:309-17. 2008..measures and an alert system aiming at reducing the risks related to high temperatures have been set up in France by the health authorities and institutions...
- Prevalence of hepatitis B and hepatitis C virus infections in France in 2004: social factors are important predictors after adjusting for known risk factorsChristine Meffre
National Institute for Public Health Surveillance, Saint Maurice, France
J Med Virol 82:546-55. 2010..1) knew their status. Anti-HCV prevalence was close to the 1990s estimates whereas HBsAg prevalence estimate was greater than expected. Screening of hepatitis B and C should be strengthened and should account for social vulnerability...
- Increased incidence of thyroid carcinoma in france: a true epidemic or thyroid nodule management effects? Report from the French Thyroid Cancer CommitteeLaurence Leenhardt
Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint Maurice, France
Thyroid 14:1056-60. 2004Thyroid cancer (TC) incidence, in France, has dramatically increased over the last two decades...
- Neuromyelitis optica in France: a multicenter study of 125 patientsN Collongues
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Strasbourg, 67091 Strasbourg, France
Neurology 74:736-42. 2010..There have been few epidemiologic studies on neuromyelitis optica (NMO) and none used the recent 2006 diagnostic criteria. Here we describe the clinical, laboratory, MRI, and disability course of NMO in a French cohort of 125 patients...
- Rhinoviruses delayed the circulation of the pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009 virus in FranceJ S Casalegno
Hospices Civils de Lyon, National Influenza Centre South of France, Laboratory of Virology, Bât A3, Bron Cedex, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:326-9. 2010..in other European countries, the onset of the A(H1N1)2009 influenza virus epidemic was unexpectedly slow in France during the first part of autumn 2009...
- Seasonal influenza in the United States, France, and Australia: transmission and prospects for controlG Chowell
Theoretical Division MS B284, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM 87544, USA
Epidemiol Infect 136:852-64. 2008..to estimate the reproduction numbers of seasonal influenza epidemics spanning three decades in the United States, France, and Australia...
- Prevalence and seasonal variations of six bee viruses in Apis mellifera L. and Varroa destructor mite populations in FranceDiana Tentcheva
Laboratoire de Pathologie Comparée des Invertébrés UMR5087, CC 101, Universite Montpellier II, Montpellier, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:7185-91. 2004....
- Frailty among community-dwelling elderly people in France: the three-city studyJosé Alberto Avila-Funes
Department of Geriatrics, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 63:1089-96. 2008..The purpose of this report is to show the characteristics of frailty and observe its prognosis in a large sample of French community-dwelling elderly persons...
- Prevalence of cross- or multiple resistance to the acetyl-coenzyme A carboxylase inhibitors fenoxaprop, clodinafop and pinoxaden in black-grass (Alopecurus myosuroides Huds.) in FranceCécile Petit
INRA, UMR 1210 Biologie et Gestion des Adventices, F 21000 Dijon, France
Pest Manag Sci 66:168-77. 2010..black-grass) in France. We investigated whether resistance to pinoxaden, a phenylpyrazoline ACCase inhibitor to be marketed in France, ..
- An outbreak of coronavirus OC43 respiratory infection in Normandy, FranceAstrid Vabret
Laboratory of Human and Molecular Virology, University Hospital, 14 033 Caen, France
Clin Infect Dis 36:985-9. 2003..6%). This study shows that an outbreak of HCoV OC43 respiratory infection was responsible for the lower respiratory tract symptoms observed in nearly one-third of patients identified by active surveillance for coronavirus infection...
- Prevalence and description of chronic daily headache in the general population in FranceMichel Lanteri-Minet
Départment d Evaluation et Traitement de la Douleur, Hopital Pasteur, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06002, Nice Cedex, France
Pain 102:143-9. 2003..study was to describe the epidemiology, clinical presentation and consequences of chronic daily headache (CDH) in France. A representative nation-wide sample of the general population was identified using a stratified sampling method...
- Risk factors for ectopic pregnancy: a comprehensive analysis based on a large case-control, population-based study in FranceJean Bouyer
INSERM U569, IFR69 The French Institute of Health and Medical Research, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Am J Epidemiol 157:185-94. 2003This case-control study was associated with a regional register of ectopic pregnancy between 1993 and 2000 in France. It included 803 cases of ectopic pregnancy and 1,683 deliveries and was powerful enough to investigate all ectopic ..
- Ecological and genetic interactions in Drosophila-parasitoids communities: a case study with D. melanogaster, D. simulans and their common Leptopilina parasitoids in south-eastern FranceF Fleury
Lab Biométrie et Biologie Evolutive, UMR CNRS 5558, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Genetica 120:181-94. 2004..experiments investigating the ecological role of Leptopilina parasitoids in Drosophila communities of southern France. Seasonal survey of species abundance shows that strong interspecific interactions occur at both tropic levels. D...
- Anaerobic microbial communities in Lake Pavin, a unique meromictic lake in FranceAnne C Lehours
Laboratoire de Biologie des Protistes, UMR CNRS 6023, 24 avenue des Landais, 63177 Aubiere Cedex, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:7389-400. 2005..The structure of the Archaea community remained rather homogeneous, while TRFLP patterns for the eubacterial community revealed a heterogeneous distribution of eubacterial TRFs...
- Hemodynamic monitoring in shock and implications for management. International Consensus Conference, Paris, France, 27-28 April 2006Massimo Antonelli
Istituto di Anestesiologia e Rianimazione, Policlinico Universitario A Gemelli, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Largo A Gemelli, 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Intensive Care Med 33:575-90. 2007..The goal of this consensus statement is to provide recommendations regarding the monitoring and management of the critically ill patient with shock...
- Phylogenetic diversity of archaea and bacteria in the anoxic zone of a meromictic lake (Lake Pavin, France)Anne Catherine Lehours
Laboratoire de Biologie des Protistes, UMR CNRS 6023, Universite Blaise Pascal, 63177 Aubiere Cedex, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:2016-9. 2007..in the anoxic zone of the water column in Lake Pavin, a freshwater permanently stratified mountain lake in France, were determined...
- August 2003 heat wave in France: risk factors for death of elderly people living at homeS Vandentorren
Department of Environmental Health, French Institute of Public Health Surveillance, Cedex, France
Eur J Public Health 16:583-91. 2006The August 2003 heat wave in France resulted in many thousands of excess deaths particularly of elderly people. Individual and environmental risk factors for death among the community-dwelling elderly were identified...
- Characterisation of PCV-2 isolates from Spain, Germany and FranceA Mankertz
Robert Koch Institut, P24 Xenotransplantation, Nordufer 20, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Virus Res 66:65-77. 2000..report describes the characterisation of PCV-2 isolates from animals affected with PMWS from Germany, Spain and France. We could demonstrate the presence of circovirus by electron microscope, in situ hybridisation and PCR...
- A survey of pesticide residues in pollen loads collected by honey bees in FranceMarie Pierre Chauzat
Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliments, Les Templiers, Sophia Antipolis, France
J Econ Entomol 99:253-62. 2006..colonies. Apiaries were evenly distributed in five sites located on continental France. Five colonies were randomly selected in each apiary, leading to a total of 125 studied honey bee colonies...
- Influenza burden of illness: estimates from a national prospective survey of household contacts in FranceFabrice Carrat
INSERM U444, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, 27 rue Chaligny, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Arch Intern Med 162:1842-8. 2002..We estimated the impact of influenza in terms of uncomplicated morbidity and its consequences on health care utilization and lost workdays...
- Metagenomic approach studying the taxonomic and functional diversity of the bacterial community in a mesotrophic lake (Lac du Bourget--France)Didier Debroas
Université Blaise Pascal Laboratoire Microorganismes génome et environnement, UMR CNRS 6023, Aubiere Cedex, France
Environ Microbiol 11:2412-24. 2009..These results prompted us to propose hypotheses on the ecological role of these bacterial classes in lacustrine ecosystems...
- Significant reduction of antibiotic use in the community after a nationwide campaign in France, 2002-2007Elifsu Sabuncu
INSERM, U657, Paris, France
PLoS Med 6:e1000084. 2009..b>France consumes more antibiotics and has the highest rate of beta-lactam resistance in Streptococcus pneumoniae than any ..
- Cancer prevalence in France: time trend, situation in 2002 and extrapolation to 2012Marc Colonna
Network of French Cancer Registries FRANCIM, Toulouse, France
Eur J Cancer 44:115-22. 2008..This paper provides a prevalence estimate for 2002 and 2012 in France and an assessment of the trend in prevalence over the period 1993-2002.
- Influenza epidemics in the United States, France, and Australia, 1972-1997Cecile Viboud
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
Emerg Infect Dis 10:32-9. 2004..We have analyzed pneumonia and influenza deaths from 1972 to 1997 in the United States, France, and Australia to examine the correlation over space and time between the three countries...
- An economic evaluation of cetuximab combined with radiotherapy for patients with locally advanced head and neck cancer in Belgium, France, Italy, Switzerland, and the United KingdomBen Brown
IMS Health, London, UK
Value Health 11:791-9. 2008....
- Frequency, determinants and consequences of delayed access to care for HIV infection in FranceEmilie Lanoy
INSERM, UMR S 720, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 12:89-96. 2007..We analysed the frequency and predictors of delayed access to care (DAC) for HIV infection, and its influence on survival...
- Definition of organ involvement and treatment response in immunoglobulin light chain amyloidosis (AL): a consensus opinion from the 10th International Symposium on Amyloid and Amyloidosis, Tours, France, 18-22 April 2004Morie A Gertz
Dysproteinemia Clinic, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 79:319-28. 2005..response as a result of discussions at the 10th International Symposium on Amyloid and Amyloidosis held in Tours, France, April 2004...
- Epidemiological differences between the UK and Ireland versus France in Staphylococcus aureus isolates resistant to fusidic acid from community-acquired skin and soft tissue infectionsA R Larsen
Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, DK 2300 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:589-94. 2008To characterize the epidemiology of Staphylococcus aureus isolates resistant to fusidic acid isolated from patients with skin and soft tissue infections (SSTIs) in France, the UK and Ireland.
- The potential effects of global warming on changes in canine leishmaniasis in a focus outside the classical area of the disease in southern FranceJacques Dereure
Universite Montpellier 1, Laboratoire de Parasitologie, Centre National de Référence des Leishmania, UMR 2724 GEMI, Montpellier, France
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 9:687-94. 2009..The Pyrenees Mountains are usually considered to be outside of the endemic range of leishmaniasis in southern France, and so our demonstration of a microfocus of canine leishmaniasis in the northern foothills is noteworthy...
- Epidemiology, management, and risk factors for death of invasive Candida infections in critical care: a multicenter, prospective, observational study in France (2005-2006)Olivier Leroy
Service de Réanimation Médicale et des Maladies Infectieuses, Centre Hospitalier Gustave Dron, Tourcoing, France
Crit Care Med 37:1612-8. 2009..To describe the evolving epidemiology, management, and risk factors for death of invasive Candida infections in intensive care units (ICUs)...
- Clonal population of flucytosine-resistant Candida tropicalis from blood cultures, Paris, FranceMarie Desnos-Ollivier
Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Emerg Infect Dis 14:557-65. 2008..tropicalis isolates, is widespread in the Paris area. We propose the analysis of 2 polymorphic microsatellite markers coupled with URA3 sequencing to track the clone...
- Hypoglycaemia in patients with type 2 diabetes treated with a combination of metformin and sulphonylurea therapy in FranceP Vexiau
Department of Diabetology and Endocrinology, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Diabetes Obes Metab 10:16-24. 2008..Combination use of metformin and a sulphonylurea has become increasingly common; yet, the impact of hypoglycaemia on quality of life in these patients is not well documented...
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) genotype distribution in invasive cervical cancers in France: EDITH studyJean Luc Pretet
EA3181, IFR133, CHU Besancon, Besancon, France
Int J Cancer 122:428-32. 2008Invasive cervical cancer (ICC) remains a significant cause of morbidity and mortality in France. Since human papillomavirus (HPV) is the necessary cause of ICC, the aim of this study was to assess the type-specific prevalence of HPV in ..
- Nitrification and nitrifying bacteria in the lower Seine River and estuary (France)Aurélie Cébron
UMR Sisyphe 7619, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 75005 Paris, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:7091-100. 2003..These results imply a significant immigration and/or selection of the ammonia-oxidizing bacterial population along the continuum of the Seine River from Paris to the estuary...
- Influence of pesticide residues on honey bee (Hymenoptera: Apidae) colony health in FranceMarie Pierre Chauzat
AFSSA LERPRA Les Templiers, 105 route des Chappes, B P 111, F 06 902 Sophia Antipolis cedex, France
Environ Entomol 38:514-23. 2009A 3-yr field survey was carried out in France, from 2002 to 2005, to study honey bee (Apis mellifera L.) colony health in relation to pesticide residues found in the colonies...
- Lifelong socioeconomic trajectory and premature mortality (35-65 years) in France: findings from the GAZEL Cohort StudyM Melchior
INSERM U687 IFR69, St Maurice, France
J Epidemiol Community Health 60:937-44. 2006..However, there are virtually no data from other countries and few investigations have examined non-cardiovascular mortality in men and women...
- Early detection of pulmonary arterial hypertension in systemic sclerosis: a French nationwide prospective multicenter studyEric Hachulla
Hopital Claude Huriez, Lille, France
Arthritis Rheum 52:3792-800. 2005..on the method and criteria for optimal screening, we sought to develop an algorithm based on symptoms, Doppler echocardiography, and right heart catheterization (RHC) for application to a nationwide multicenter SSc population in France.
- Malnutrition is an independent factor associated with nosocomial infectionsStephane M Schneider
Comité de Liaison Alimentation Nutrition, CHU de Nice, France
Br J Nutr 92:105-11. 2004..An early screening for malnutrition may therefore be helpful to reduce the high prevalence of NI...
- Short-term effects of ozone air pollution on ischaemic stroke occurrence: a case-crossover analysis from a 10-year population-based study in Dijon, FranceJ B Henrotin
Stroke Register of Dijon, Neurology Department, University Hospital of Dijon, Dijon, France
Occup Environ Med 64:439-45. 2007..To evaluate the association between air pollutants and the occurrence of acute stroke from 10-year population-based study...
- Candidemia and candiduria in critically ill patients admitted to intensive care units in France: incidence, molecular diversity, management and outcomeMarie Elisabeth Bougnoux
Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Service de Bacteriologie, Virologie, Parasitologie et Hygiène, 149, rue de Sevres, 75473 Paris Cedex 15, France
Intensive Care Med 34:292-9. 2008To determine the concomitant incidence, molecular diversity, management and outcome of nosocomial candidemia and candiduria in intensive care unit (ICU) patients in France.
- Occurrence of antibiotic resistance and class 1, 2 and 3 integrons in Escherichia coli isolated from a densely populated estuary (Seine, France)Emilie Laroche
Faculte des Sciences, Université de Rouen CNRS 6143 M2C, Groupe de Microbiologie, Mont Saint Aignan, France
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 68:118-30. 2009..However, for slightly over half of the E. coli isolates exhibiting the class 1 integron, the variable region could not be amplified, because part of the 3' conserved sequence was missing...
- Ecological association between a deprivation index and mortality in France over the period 1997 - 2001: variations with spatial scale, degree of urbanicity, age, gender and cause of deathGrégoire Rey
INSERM, CépiDc, IFR69, Le Vesinet, France
BMC Public Health 9:33. 2009..was to create an ecological deprivation index and evaluate its association with mortality over the entire mainland France territory...
- Stx2 subtyping of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli isolated from cattle in France: detection of a new Stx2 subtype and correlation with additional virulence factorsY Bertin
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Centre de Recherche INRA de Clermont Ferrand Theix, 63122 St Genes Champanelle, France
J Clin Microbiol 39:3060-5. 2001..In addition, Stx2-EDL933 and/or Stx2vh-b subtypes were highly associated with other putative virulence factors such as Stx1 and EspP extracellular serine protease, but not with EAST1 enterotoxin...
- Pig anelloviruses are highly prevalent in swine herds in FranceL Bigarré
Unité de génétique virale et biosécurité, AFSSA, BP 5035, 22440 Ploufragan, France
J Gen Virol 86:631-5. 2005A survey of anelloviruses in swine herds from Britanny, France, is reported. By using PCR targeted to the conserved untranslated region, prevalences of 93 and 73 % were found among 15 herds and 33 animals, respectively...
- Melanocortin 1 receptor (MC1R) gene variants may increase the risk of melanoma in France independently of clinical risk factors and UV exposureE Matichard
J Med Genet 41:e13. 2004
- [Trends in perinatal health in metropolitan France between 1995 and 2003: results from the National Perinatal Surveys]B Blondel
INSERM, U149, IFR69, Unité de recherches épidémiologiques sur la santé périnatale et la santé des femmes, 16, avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 35:373-87. 2006To study trends in the main indicators of health, medical practice and risk factors in France. Population and method. A sample of all births during one week was set up in 1995 (N=13,318), 1998 (N=13,718) et 2003 (N=14,737)...
- Cost-effectiveness of human papillomavirus DNA testing in the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, France, and ItalyJane J Kim
Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:888-95. 2005..We assessed the cost-effectiveness of incorporating HPV DNA testing into existing cervical cancer screening programs in the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, France, and Italy.
- The French National Nutrition and Health Program: 2001-2006-2010Serge Hercberg
U557 INSERM, CNAM, Paris 13, F 93017 Bobigny, France
Int J Public Health 53:68-77. 2008....
- Interleukin-18 and the risk of coronary heart disease in European men: the Prospective Epidemiological Study of Myocardial Infarction (PRIME)Stefan Blankenberg
INSERM U525, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Circulation 108:2453-9. 2003..Interleukin (IL)-18 promotes atherosclerotic plaque growth and vulnerability. It is unknown, however, whether elevations of circulating IL-18 precede the onset of coronary events in apparently healthy individuals...
- Virtual surveillance of communicable diseases: a 20-year experience in FranceA Flahault
Réseau Sentinelles, INSERM UMR S707, Paris, France
Stat Methods Med Res 15:413-21. 2006Inserm has developed, since 1984, an information system based on a computer network of physicians in France. It allows for constitution of large databases on diseases, with individual description of cases, and to explore some aspects of ..
- Kinetics of decline of maternal measles virus-neutralizing antibodies in sera of infants in France in 2006Arnaud Gagneur
CHU Brest, Brest, France
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:1845-50. 2008..To assess the current situation in France, a multicenter, prospective seroepidemiological study was conducted in seven French hospitals between October 2005 ..
- Prospective nationwide study of Aeromonas infections in FranceBrigitte Lamy
Laboratoire de Biologie, Centre Hospitalier du Bassin de Thau, Sete, France
J Clin Microbiol 47:1234-7. 2009We report a systematic prospective multicenter nationwide study of clinical Aeromonas infections in France. During 6 months (May to October 2006), 78 cases of aeromonosis were reviewed for risk factors and clinical, microbiological, and ..
- Cannabis intoxication and fatal road crashes in France: population based case-control studyBernard Laumon
French National Institute for Transport and Safety Research INRETS, Epidemiological Research and Surveillance Unit in Transport, Occupation and Environment UMRESTTE, 25 Avenue François Mitterrand, F 69675 Bron Cedex
BMJ 331:1371. 2005..To evaluate the relative risk of being responsible for a fatal crash while driving under the influence of cannabis, the prevalence of such drivers within the driving population, and the corresponding share of fatal crashes...
- Neonatal screening for sickle cell disease in FranceJ Bardakdjian-Michau
Service de Biochimie et de Génétique, Unité Fonctionnelle de Génétique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Henri Mondor AP HP, Creteil, France
J Clin Pathol 62:31-3. 2009As a result of population growth in African-Caribbean regions of overseas France, and now immigration essentially from North and sub-Saharan Africa to mainland France, neonatal screening for sickle cell disease (SCD) has been performed in ..
- Time trends in prevalence and severity of childhood asthma and allergies from 1995 to 2002 in FranceI Annesi-Maesano
INSERM, UMR S 707 EPAR, Paris, France
Allergy 64:798-800. 2009To assess time trends in symptoms of asthma, allergic rhinitis and atopic eczema among adolescents in Languedoc Roussillon, France.
- Acute hepatitis E in south-west France over a 5-year periodJ M Mansuy
CHU Toulouse, Hopital Purpan, Laboratoire de Virologie, Institut Fédératif de Biologie de Purpan, F 31300, France
J Clin Virol 44:74-7. 2009..Hepatitis E was found in people living in industrialized countries who had not travelled to highly endemic areas...
- Late and ultra late onset Streptococcus B meningitis: clinical and bacteriological data over 6 years in FranceJ Guilbert
Department of Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Trousseau s Hospital, Paris, France
Acta Paediatr 99:47-51. 2010....
- [Fleas community in introduced Siberian chipmunks (Tamias sibiricus Laxmann) in Forest of Sénart, France]B Pisanu
Museum national d histoire naturelle, Département Ecologie et Gestion de la Biodiversité, UMR 5173 MNHN CNRS P6, 61, rue Buffon, F 75005 Paris, France
Parasite 15:35-43. 2008..population of Siberian chipmunks, Tamias sibiricus, between 2005 and 2007, in the Forest of Sénart (Essonne, France). We collected and identified 383 fleas on 463 chipmunks (total: 1,891 captures on 471 chipmunks)...
- ARTIST (osteoarthritis intervention standardized) study of standardised consultation versus usual care for patients with osteoarthritis of the knee in primary care in France: pragmatic randomised controlled trialP Ravaud
INSERM, U738, Paris, France
BMJ 338:b421. 2009..To evaluate the impact of standardised consultations on patients with osteoarthritis of the knee...
- Prevalence of fecal carriage of acquired expanded-spectrum cephalosporin resistance in Enterobacteriaceae strains from cattle in FranceJean Yves Madec
J Clin Microbiol 46:1566-7. 2008
- Establishing a reference interval for bone turnover markers in 637 healthy, young, premenopausal women from the United Kingdom, France, Belgium, and the United StatesSarah J Glover
University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
J Bone Miner Res 24:389-97. 2009..We studied 637 eligible women from four countries that participated in the Horizon-PFT study (United Kingdom, France, Belgium, United States). The women were 30-39 yr of age (mean, 34.6 yr), with regular cyclic menses...
- Different genotypes of anatoxin-producing cyanobacteria coexist in the Tarn River, FranceSabrina Cadel-Six
Unité des Cyanobactéries CNRS URA 2172, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:7605-14. 2007..occurred in 2002, 2003, and 2005 after the animals drank water from the shoreline of the Tarn River in southern France. Signs of intoxication indicated acute poisoning due to a neurotoxin...
- Novel ambler class A carbapenem-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase from a Pseudomonas fluorescens isolate from the Seine River, Paris, FranceDelphine Girlich
Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, Hopital de Bicetre, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:328-32. 2010..The bla(BIC-1) gene was chromosomally located and was also identified in two other P. fluorescens strains isolated from the Seine River 3 months later...
- Hepatitis B virus genotypes: a retrospective survey in Southwestern France, 1999-2004Pascale Trimoulet
Laboratoire de virologie Hôpital Pellegrin, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:1088-94. 2007To determine the prevalence of HBV genotypes in Southwestern France and the association between HBV genotypes and patients characteristics.
- Antimicrobial resistance of fecal bacteria in waters of the Seine river watershed (France)Pierre Servais
Ecologie des Systèmes Aquatiques, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus de la Plaine, CP 221, Boulevard du Triomphe, B 1050 Bruxelles, Belgium
Sci Total Environ 408:365-72. 2009..bacteria found in the rivers of a large watershed under strong anthropogenic pressures, the Seine river watershed (France)...
- Increased macrolide resistance of Mycoplasma pneumoniae in France directly detected in clinical specimens by real-time PCR and melting curve analysisO Peuchant
Laboratoire de Bactériologie EA 3671, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2 and CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:52-8. 2009..In France, only two macrolide-resistant isolates were reported in 1999...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of vaccination against rotavirus with RIX4414 in FranceBaudouin Standaert
GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals, Rixensart, Belgium
Appl Health Econ Health Policy 6:199-216. 2008..that annually 300 000 cases of rotavirus-induced gastroenteritis (RVGE) occur in children aged up to 5 years in France. A two-dose vaccine against rotavirus infection (RIX4414; Rotarix, GlaxoSmithKline), has been shown to be highly ..
- Factors associated with the choice of delivery without epidural analgesia in women at low risk in FranceCamille Le Ray
INSERM U149, Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal and Women s Health, Villejuif, France
Birth 35:171-8. 2008Regional anesthesia is used for three-fourths of the deliveries in France. Epidural analgesia during labor is supposed to be available to all women at low risk...
- Pharmacy discounts on generic medicines in France: is there room for further efficiency savings?Panos Kanavos
LSE Health, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2467-76. 2007In France control of pharmaceutical expenditure has been a policy priority for many years and generic policies have featured prominently on the policy agenda...
- Multicenter study of prevalence of nontuberculous mycobacteria in patients with cystic fibrosis in franceAnne Laure Roux
EA3647, UFR de médecine Paris Île de France Ouest, Universite de Versailles Saint Quentin en Yvelines, Guyancourt, France
J Clin Microbiol 47:4124-8. 2009..9 years; male/female ratio, 1.06) with cystic fibrosis in France. The overall NTM prevalence (percentage of patients with at least one positive culture) was 6...
- First neisseria gonorrhoeae genotyping analysis in france: identification of a strain cluster with reduced susceptibility to CeftriaxoneLaura Monfort
Institut Alfred Fournier, 25 boulevard Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 47:3540-5. 2009Sexually transmitted infections are a major public health problem in France and other European countries...
- Surveillance of lower respiratory tract infections outbreaks in nursing homes in FranceSophie Vaux
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, French Institute for Public Health Surveillance, Saint Maurice cedex, France
Eur J Epidemiol 24:149-55. 2009..An early reporting procedure of LRTI outbreaks to local public health authorities was set up in France in 2006 in order to reduce the morbidity and the mortality related to these events...
- Two outbreaks of classical swine fever in wild boar in FranceF Pol
Agence Française de Sécurité Sanitaire des Aliments Laboratorie d Etudes et de Recherches Avicoles Porcines et Piscicoles Unité de Virologie et Immunologie Porcines, Laboratorie National de Référence pour les Pestes Porcines, Zoopole, Ploufragan, France
Vet Rec 162:811-6. 2008In 2002 and 2003, two successive outbreaks of classical swine fever were declared in wild boar in northern France. The first was in Moselle, near the town of Thionville and the border with Luxembourg, and the second was in the northern ..
- Invasive group B streptococcal infections in infants, FranceClaire Poyart
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U567, Unite Mixte de Recherche, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 810, Paris, France
Emerg Infect Dis 14:1647-9. 2008..of 109 group B streptococci causing neonatal invasive infections were determined over an 18-month period in France. Sixty-four percent of the strains were from late-onset infections, and 75% were capsular type III...
- A comparative analysis of generics markets in five European countriesL Garattini
Center for Health Economics CESAV, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacolological Research, Ranica, Bergamo, Italy
Health Policy 51:149-62. 2000..This article analyses generics markets in five European countries: France, Germany Italy, The Netherlands and the U.K...
- Dissemination of Escherichia coli with CTX-M type ESBL between humans and yellow-legged gulls in the south of FranceJonas Bonnedahl
Department of Medical Sciences, Section of Infectious Diseases, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS ONE 4:e5958. 2009..study focuses on the zoonotic dissemination of ESBL bacteria, mainly CTX-M type, in the southern coastal region of France. We found that the level of general antibiotic resistance in single randomly selected E...
- Isotopic dietary analysis of a Neanderthal and associated fauna from the site of Jonzac (Charente-Maritime), FranceM P Richards
Department of Human Evolution, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Deutscher Platz 6, Leipzig, D 04105, Germany
J Hum Evol 55:179-85. 2008..extracted from a Neanderthal tooth and animal bone from the late Mousterian site of Jonzac (Charente-Maritime, France)...
- Long-lasting protection against canine visceral leishmaniasis using the LiESAp-MDP vaccine in endemic areas of France: double-blind randomised efficacy field trialJean Loup Lemesre
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, UR 008 Pathogénie des Trypanosomatidae, Equipe 1, 911 Avenue Agropolis, BP 64501, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Vaccine 25:4223-34. 2007..against visceral leishmaniasis is investigated in naturally exposed dogs of endemic areas of the South of France vaccinated with LiESAp/MDP vaccine...
- The causes of cancer in FranceP Boffetta
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Ann Oncol 20:550-5. 2009..While external factors are responsible for many human cancers, precise estimates of the contribution of known carcinogens to the cancer burden in a given population have been scarce...
- Trends in child overweight rates and energy intake in France from 1999 to 2007: relationships with socioeconomic statusSandrine Lioret
Dietary Survey Unit, Nutritional Epidemiology, French Food Safety Agency Afssa, Maisons Alfort Cedex, France
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:1092-100. 2009Our objectives were (i) to assess the current prevalence of childhood overweight (including obesity) (OWOB) in France and its relationship with comprehensive socioeconomic status (SES) indicators and (ii) to examine trends in OWOB ..
- Identification and characterization of a late AH1N2 human reassortant in France during the 2002-2003 influenza seasonShaker Al Faress
Virologie et Pathologie Humaine, Universite Lyon 1, Universite de Lyon, Lyon 69372 Cedex 08, France
Virus Res 132:33-41. 2008..differential genetic evolution of the hemagglutinin (HA) of human AH1N1 and AH1N2 viruses, isolated in southern France between 2001 and 2004...
- Prospective investigation of a large outbreak of meningitis due to echovirus 30 during summer 2000 in marseilles, franceEmmanuelle Bernit
Service de Medecine Interne, AP HM Conception, and Unité des Virus Emergents EA3292, IFR48, IRD UR034, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseilles, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 83:245-53. 2004..We report here a large outbreak of enteroviral meningitis that spread in Marseilles, France, during the year 2000. The dominant strain of the outbreak was genetically identified as a human echovirus 30...
- Co-circulation of two genetically distinct sub-groups of A/H3N2 influenza strains during the 2006-2007 epidemic season in Corsica Island, FranceAlessandra Falchi
INSERM, U707, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 45:265-8. 2009..Influenza virus is one of the major viral respiratory pathogens infecting human beings...
- Association of paraoxonase gene cluster polymorphisms with ALS in France, Quebec, and SwedenP N Valdmanis
Center of Excellence in Neuromics, University of Montreal, CHUM Research Center, Notre Dame Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Neurology 71:514-20. 2008..In addition, PON variants were shown to be associated with susceptibility to ALS in several North American and European populations...
- Molecular analysis of shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli strains isolated from hemolytic-uremic syndrome patients and dairy samples in FranceNathalie Pradel
Groupe de Recherche Pathogénie Bactérienne Intestinale, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite d Auvergne, 28 Place Henri Dunant, 63 001 Clermont Ferrand, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:2118-28. 2008..To assess the pathogenicity of STEC isolated from dairy foods in France, 40 strains isolated from 1,130 raw-milk and cheese samples were compared with 15 STEC strains isolated from ..
- Indoor activity of Culicoides associated with livestock in the bluetongue virus (BTV) affected region of northern France during autumn 2006T Baldet
CIRAD, Epidemiology and Ecology of Animal Diseases, Montpellier, France
Prev Vet Med 87:84-97. 2008..2006, bluetongue virus (BTV) was detected in the Netherlands, Belgium, western Germany, Luxembourg and northern France for the first time...
- First survey from the "Allergy Vigilance Network": life-threatening food allergies in FranceD A Moneret-Vautrin
Service de Medecine Interne, Immunologie Clinique et Allergologie, Hôpital Central 29, avenue de Lattre de Tassigny 54035 Nancy
Allerg Immunol (Paris) 34:194-8. 2002..The first survey dealing with life-threatening food allergies leads to an estimation of 15,000 to 30,000 reactions per year in France. The AVN could be a helpful tool for public health organizations.
- Persistent geographical disparities in infant mortality rates in Italy (1999-2001): comparison with France, England, Germany, and PortugalMaria Pia Fantini
Department of Medicine, Public Health, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Italy
Eur J Public Health 16:429-32. 2006..Infant mortality rate (IMR) is used as a population health indicator. We provide an updated description of temporal and geographical trends of IMR in Italy...
- Paranasal sinus fungus ball: epidemiology, clinical features and diagnosis. A retrospective analysis of 173 cases from a single medical center in France, 1989-2002X Dufour
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire, Poitiers, BP 577 86021, Poitiers, France
Med Mycol 44:61-7. 2006..Treatment consisted of functional endonasal sinus surgery and was successful in 172 out of 173 cases...
- Multiple introductions promote range expansion of the mollusc Cyclope neritea (Nassariidae) in France: evidence from mitochondrial sequence dataB Simon-Bouhet
Evolution et Génétique des Populations Marines, UMR 7144 CNRS UPMC, Station Biologique de Roscoff, France
Mol Ecol 15:1699-711. 2006..However, despite the low dispersal ability of C. neritea, the isolation-by-distance pattern in France suggested that this gastropod may have been present (although unnoticed) on the French Atlantic coasts before the ..
- Comparison of prostate cancer mortality in five countries: France, Italy, Japan, UK and USA from the WHO mortality database (1960-2000)Tomomi Marugame
Statistics and Cancer Control Division, National Cancer Center
Jpn J Clin Oncol 35:690-1. 2005
- Comparative analysis of Cystic Fibrosis Registry data from the UK with USA, France and AustralasiaJonathan McCormick
United Kingdom Cystic Fibrosis Database, Tayside Institute of Child Health, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK DD1 9SY
J Cyst Fibros 4:115-22. 2005..Using the UK Cystic Fibrosis Database, we analysed the health of the UK CF paediatric population (UKPP) in terms of their biographical, clinical and infection status and compared outcomes with the US, French and Australasian CF Registries...
- Hyperinvasive genotypes of Neisseria meningitidis in FranceM L Zarantonelli
Neisseria Unit, National Reference Centre for Meningococci, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:467-72. 2008....
- Sharp genetic break between Atlantic and English Channel populations of the polychaete Pectinaria koreni, along the North coast of FranceM T Jolly
Evolution et Génétique des Populations Marines, Station Biologique de Roscoff, CNRS UPMC, UMR 7127, B P 74, 29682, Roscoff, France
Heredity (Edinb) 94:23-32. 2005....
- Characterization of Shiga toxin producing E. coli and O157 serotype E. coli isolated in France from healthy domestic cattleF Rogerie
Institut Pasteur de Lille, , France
Int J Food Microbiol 63:217-23. 2001A study was carried out in France in collaboration with the meat industry to investigate the occurrence and characteristics of Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC) and O157 E...
- A century of leishmaniasis in Alpes-Maritimes, FranceP Marty
Equipe de Recherche sur les Leishmanioses, Faculte de Medecine, 28, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 2, France
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 101:563-74. 2007A century of publications on leishmaniasis in Alpes-Maritimes, in southern France, is here reviewed...
- Effects of local anthropogenic changes on potential malaria vector Anopheles hyrcanus and West Nile virus vector Culex modestus, Camargue, FranceNicolas Ponçon
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Montpellier, France
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1810-5. 2007..Anopheles hyrcanus, and the most important West Nile virus (WNV) vector, Culex modestus, in the Camargue region, France. From World War II to 1971, populations of these species increased as rice cultivation expanded in the region in a ..
- Development of a PCR procedure for the detection of a herpes-like virus infecting oysters in FranceT Renault
Laboratoire de Genetique et Pathologie, IFREMER, La Tremblade, France
J Virol Methods 88:41-50. 2000A PCR-based procedure for detecting a herpes-like virus that infects the Japanese oyster, Crassostrea gigas, in France was developed...
- Area-level determinants of specialty care utilization in France: a multilevel analysisB Chaix
Research Unit in Epidemiology and Information Sciences, National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM U444, Paris, France
Public Health 119:97-104. 2005....
- Simultaneous use of DGGE and DHPLC to screen TP53 mutations in cancers of the esophagus and cardia from a European high incidence area (Lower Normandy, France)Jean Breton
Groupe Régional d Etudes sur le Cancer, Universite de Caen Basse Normandie, Laboratoire de Cancerologie Experimentale, Centre Françiois Baclesse, Route de Lion Mer, 14 076 Caen cedex 05, France
Mutagenesis 18:299-306. 2003..revealed in our series, which constitutes a discordance with mutational spectra already performed in north-western France. Concerning adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and cardia, the alteration frequency was 69% (11/16), with a majority ..
- COMMUNITY BASED STUDY ON OCCUPATIONAL ASTHMA, ECRHS-OAManolis Kogevinas; Fiscal Year: 2001..currently updated (ECRHS-II) following-up approximately 17,000 young adults from 12 countries (Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and USA)...
- 8th International Symposium for VIP, PACAP & Related PeptidesVictor May; Fiscal Year: 2007..the meeting sites have alternated on different continents; the first symposium was held in 1993 in Strasbourg (France) and the second in 1995 in New Orleans (Louisiana, USA)...
- Heme Oxygenase 2005 -- the 4th International ConferenceFRITZ BACH; Fiscal Year: 2005..biological research including, in addition to the United States, Australia, China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, England, France, Italy, Germany, Holland, Poland, India and others...
- 12th International Congress of Radiation ResearchGeorge Iliakis; Fiscal Year: 2003..of societies in Great Britain, several countries in Europe (the Netherlands, Sweden, Poland, Germany, Italy, and France), Japan, and Israel...
- Structural and molecular basis of drug-induced IKACh reductionSAMI FOUAD NOUJAIM; Fiscal Year: 2013..of Medicine Piti[unreadable]-Salp[unreadable]tri[unreadable]re of the Pierre Marie Curie University in Paris, France. Through the combination of the new techniques and concepts I will learn, and the relevant courses and seminars in ..
- Multi-center Controlled Clinical Trials in Alport Syndrome-A Feasibility StudyClifford E Kashtan; Fiscal Year: 2013..for this feasibility study will enable the five regional recruitment centers in the United States, Canada, China, France and Germany to interrogate existing Alport syndrome registries and databases, and monitor accrual of new Alport ..
- MODULAR BIO-BEHAVIORAL CLOSED-LOOP CONTROL OF TYPE 1 DIABETESBoris P Kovatchev; Fiscal Year: 2013..effort of physicians, psychologists, mathematicians, and engineers from the United States, Italy, and France dedicated to the understanding of behavioral and biological prerequisites to individually-tailored closed-loop ..
- CRCNS:US French Coll:Computational Imaging of the Aging Cerebral MicrovasculatureBradley P Sutton; Fiscal Year: 2013..The main objective of the proposed USA-France collaborative effort is to develop a computational imaging approach to quantify the microstructure of cerebral ..
- Sterilization Patterns In the United StatesMieke C W Eeckhaut; Fiscal Year: 2013..on contraceptive use as part of the Generations and Gender Programme (GGP);Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Georgia, Germany, Romania, and Russia...
- MAM'Out project: evaluation of innovative approaches to prevent acute malnutritioPatrick Kolsteren; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project is proposed by Action Contre la Faim - France, a non-governmental non-for- profit organization, and supported through a multi-annual formalized collaboration by ..
- Travel Awards for the 11th International Conference on Environmental MutagensTHOMAS EDWARD WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..USA;William Bohr, USA; Leona Samson, USA;Fabrizio D'Adda di Fagagna, Italy;Alan Lehman, UK;Jean Marc Egly, France;Hiroshi Kasai, Japan;Thomas Kunkel, USA;Wei Yang, USA;Michael Fenech, Australia, Alain Sarasin, France and Stefano ..
- Alcoholism and Stress: A Framework for Future Treatment StrategiesMarisa Roberto; Fiscal Year: 2013..but not limited to the following countries: Russia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States...
- CRCNS: Alcohol modulation of dopamine-GABA dynamics in the ventral tegmental areaAlexey S Kuznetsov; Fiscal Year: 2013..The immediate goal of this France-USA collaboration is to quantify the acute effects of alcohol on the dynamics of GABA-DA crosstalk and ultimately ..
- Depot calcineurin inhibitors to prevent graft rejectionThomas J Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..requiring immunosupression are performed annually in the largest 7 markets (US, Japan, Germany, Britain, Canada, France, Italy), and the market for immunosuppressive drugs is estimated at $2.9 Billion annually (2007)...
- Conference Support for 16th International Workshop on KSHV and Related Agents, PuBala Chandran; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition to USA delegates, participants are anticipated from the United Kingdom, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Israel, Mexico, Scandinavia and South America...
- 11TH INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF RADIATION RESEARCHElizabeth Travis; Fiscal Year: 1999..of societies in Great Britain, several countries in Europe (the Netherlands, Sweden, Poland, Germany, Italy and France), Japan, and Israel...
- 4th ASM Conference on Salmonella: the Bacterium, the Host and the EnvironmentJorge E Galan; Fiscal Year: 2013..follows previous editions held in Sardinia, Italy (2003), Victoria, BC, Canada (2006), and Aix-en-Provence, France, (2009). This conference series is the only one that covers all aspects of Salmonella research...
- Biochemical predictions of regulatory elements and XenMINE for XenopusJin Billy Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..This was clearly echoed at the Resources Meeting at the International Xenopus Meeting in France (Sept...
- A national screening test for hearing, administered by telephone.Charles S Watson; Fiscal Year: 2013..been available for the past seven years in the Netherlands, versions of which are now in use in the UK, Australia, France, and Germany, and are being developed in several other countries...
- Early Detection of Pervasive Developmental DisordersDeborah A Fein; Fiscal Year: 2013..is being studied in translation in other countries and cultures, including Japan, China, Spain, the Netherlands, France, Iceland, Ireland, Germany, Egypt, Puerto Rico and Turkey...
- IeDEA West -Africa collaborationFrancois Dabis; Fiscal Year: 2013..by the WADA Coordinating Center at the Bordeaux School of Public Health (ISPED) in Bordeaux University, France (Prof...
- 3rd ASM Conference on SalmonellaFerric Fang; Fiscal Year: 2009..to provide support for the 3rd ASM Salmonella conference to be held from 5-9 October 2009 in Aix-en-Provence, France. This conference is sponsored by the American Society for Microbiology, which provides both management expertise ..
- SYMPOSIUM ON HEREDITARY SPASTIC PARAPLEGIAJohn Fink; Fiscal Year: 1999..Representatives of HSP patient organizations in the United States, France, and Germany will participate in this Symposium...
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON RHEUMATIC DISEASES PREGNANCYJill Buyon; Fiscal Year: 1992..Important observations have been made in the United States, England, the Netherlands, France, Italy, Mexico, Israel, and other countries, but the investigators have never convened at one site...
- International Epi Databases to Evaluate AIDS (IEDEA) in central Africa (Region 9)Godfrey Woelk; Fiscal Year: 2010..d'Etudes Demographiques Research Unites Mortalite Sante Epidemiologie et Population and Developpement, Paris, France;(3) Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement and Department of International Health, University of Montpellier, ..
- Standard zidovudine plus infant nevirapine to prevent perinatal HIV in ThailandMarc J Lallemant; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will build upon PHPT-1 and PHPT-2, a collaborative effort between Harvard University, IRD- France, the Thai MoPH, and Mahidol and Chiang Mai Universities, through a network of 39 public hospitals...
- GENOME SEQUENCING OF ASPERGILLUS FUMIGATUSDavid Denning; Fiscal Year: 2001..The international contributors are the US (Manchester/TIGR), the UK (Sanger), France (Genoscope), Spain and Japan. The genome is estimated to be 30Mb in size containing about 8000 genes...
- FOURTEENTH TRANSPLANTATION SOCIETY CONGRESSOscar Salvatierra; Fiscal Year: 1992..The XIVth International Congress of the Transplantation Society will be held in Paris, France, August 16-21, 1992...
- COMPARATIVE LIFE COURSE RESEARCH ON ECONOMIC WELL-BEINGLEE RAINWATER; Fiscal Year: 1991..a multi-year database covering the period from the late 1960s to the mid- 1980s in Sweden, Norway, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Canada, Spain and the United States with the possible inclusion of Finland and Australia...
- 7th International Workshops on Opportunistic ProtistsEDNA KANESHIRO; Fiscal Year: 2001..3rd in Cleveland, Ohio, 1994 (which included Toxoplasma), 4th in Tucson, Arizona, 1996, 5th in Lille, France, 1997; and the 6th in Raleigh, North Carolina, 1999...
- The Molecular Genetics of High MyopiaTerri Lois Young; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our international consortium is composed of myopia and statistical geneticists from the United Kingdom, France, Denmark, Australia, and the United States...
- 11th International Symposium on the Maillard ReactionJohn W Baynes; Fiscal Year: 2012..ISMR11 will convene in Nancy, France, from September 16 - 20, 2012...
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF RAYNAUD PHENOMENONHILDEGARD MARICQ; Fiscal Year: 1992..criteria and methodology, the work will be carried out in South Carolina and in Haute Savoie, Isere and Drome, France, thus allowing comparisons between cold (Haute Savoie, Isere) and warm (Drome) areas within the same country and ..
- CONFERENCE ON POSITIVE-STRAND RNA VIRUSESMARGO BRINTON; Fiscal Year: 2001..fellows, and predoctoral students to attend the Sixth International Positive-Strand RNA Virus Symposium in Paris, France, May 28 to June 2, 2001...
- COCKROACH ALLERGENS--IMMUNOCHEMISTRY & ALLERGIC DISEASEMartin Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2000..study of patients with asthma enrolled in Charlottesville, New Orleans, Baltimore, Augusta, GA, and in Strasbourg, France. Exposure to CR allergens in houses will be assessed using monoclonal antibody based assays and counts of CR ..
- 15th Congress of INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH ON ALCOHOLISMEdward Riley; Fiscal Year: 2009..For the 15th Congress in 2010, ISBRA will be meeting in Paris, France. While the Congress is convened every six years in Europe, this will be the first time the Congress has met in ..