- Molds and mycotoxin content of cereals in southeastern Romania
Institute of Biology and Animal Nutrition, Calea Bucuresti 1, 077015 Balotesti, Romania
J Food Prot 72:662-5. 2009
..were determined in 110 cereal samples (54 maize, 35 wheat, and 21 barley) collected in the southeastern part of Romania from 2002 to 2004...
- Epidemiology of inflammatory bowel disease in adults who refer to gastroenterology care in Romania: a multicentre study
Gastroenterology and Hepatology Center, Fundeni Clinical Institute, Bucharest, Romania
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:1153-9. 2004
..Gastrointestinal Endoscopy developed a multicentre, prospective study to evaluate the frequency and epidemiological features of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in an adult population that refers to gastroenterology centres in Romania.
- Reversing the tuberculosis upwards trend: a success story in Romania
National Institute Marius Nasta, Bucharest, Romania
Eur Respir J 33:168-70. 2009
..to demonstrate the effectiveness of the strategy implementation in reversing the epidemiological TB trend in Romania based on programmatic data analysis...
- Non-polio enteroviruses associated with acute flaccid paralysis (AFP) and facial paralysis (FP) cases in Romania, 2001-2008
NIRDMI Cantacuzino Bucharest, Romania
Roum Arch Microbiol Immunol 68:20-6. 2009
..current paper aims to assess the non-polio enteroviruses (NPEV) association with AFP and FP cases registered in Romania in the period 2001-2008 and to identify prevalent serotypes...
- Scholastic attainment following severe early institutional deprivation: a study of children adopted from Romania
MRC SGDP Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
J Abnorm Child Psychol 35:1063-73. 2007
..and scholastic attainment at age 11 in 127 children (68 girls and 59 boys) adopted from institutions in Romania was compared to the attainment of 49 children (17 girls and 32 boys) adopted within the UK from a non-..
- Genetic typing of Echinococcus granulosus in Romania
J M Bart
SERF Team Equipe Santé Environment Rural Franche Comté, Parasitology Department, College of Medicine of Besançon, 19 rue Ambroise Paré, 25000 Besancon, France
Parasitol Res 98:130-7. 2006
In Romania, cystic echinococcosis is endemic and affects, besides humans, various animal species including sheep, cattle, and swine...
- A new giant pterosaur with a robust skull from the latest cretaceous of Romania
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris France
Naturwissenschaften 89:180-4. 2002
..A new giant pterosaur, Hatzegopteryx thambema, nov.gen., nov.sp., from the Maastrichtian Densuş-Ciula Formation of Romania is remarkable for its very large size (estimated wing span > or = 12 m) and for the robustness of its large ..
- Epidemiology of renal disease in Romania: a 10 year review of two regional renal biopsy databases
Dialysis and Transplantation Center, C I Parhon University Hospital, Iasi, Romania
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:419-24. 2006
..This report is the first review of histological data, over a period of 10 years (1995-2004), covering a population of over 6 million inhabitants and two distinct regions from an East European country - Romania.
- Comprehensive STR data for the AmpFlSTR Identifiler from Transylvania (NW Romania)
Forensic Science Institute, 13 15 Stefan cel Mare, Bucharest, Romania
Leg Med (Tokyo) 11:48-50. 2009
..and FGA) were determined in a sample of 1977 unrelated individuals living in the region of Transylvania (NW Romania). No deviations from Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium were observed with the exception of D3S1358 and D16S539...
- Occurrences of pharmaceutical and personal care products as micropollutants in rivers from Romania
National Institute of Research and Development for Isotopic and Molecular Technology, INCDTIM, 400293 Cluj Napoca, Romania
Chemosphere 64:1808-17. 2006
..The detected pharmaceuticals are included in following therapeutic groups: analgesics, antiepileptics, psychiatric, stimulants, anticoagulants, antineoplastic and disinfectants...
- Seroprevalence of Borrelia burgdorferi in Romania
Infectious Diseases Department, Institute of Infectious Diseases Prof Dr Matei Bals, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila Bucharest, Romania
Eur J Epidemiol 17:891-6. 2001
In order to assess the seroprevalence of Borrelia burgdorferi in Romania and to define associated risk factors, a cross-sectional, observational study was performed in 13 districts during 1999...
- Respiratory health, effects of ambient air pollution and its modification by air humidity in Drobeta-Turnu Severin, Romania
Arne Marian Leitte
Core Facility Studien, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Permoserstrasse 15, Leipzig, Germany
Sci Total Environ 407:4004-11. 2009
..Associations between ambient air pollution and respiratory health have been mainly reported for Western Europe and Northern America...
- A further test of the Finno-Ugrian Suicide Hypothesis: correspondence of county suicide rates in Romania and population proportion of ethnic Hungarians
Department of Basic Psychological Research, School of Psychology, University of Vienna, Liebiggasse 5, Rm 03 46, A 1010 Vienna, Austria
Percept Mot Skills 105:1209-22. 2007
Across the 42 counties of Romania, the total suicide rate and the population percentage of ethnic Hungarians were strongly positively interrelated (79% attributable variance)...
- Seasonality of suicide in eastern Europe: a comment on "Evidence for lack of change in seasonality of & suicide from Timis County, Romania"
Psychology Program, The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, Pomona 08240 0195, USA
Percept Mot Skills 96:421-2. 2003
..The seasonality of suicide in Hungary declined from the 1980s to the 1990s, contradicting the recent conclusion of Voracek, et al...
- Association of bovine papillomavirus type-2 and urinary bladder tumours in cattle from Romania
L G F Balcos
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Biochemistry and Toxicology, University of Agriculture, Mihail Sadoveanu Alee, 3, 700490 Iasi, Romania
Res Vet Sci 85:145-8. 2008
..This syndrome is known as chronic enzootic hematuria (CEH) and is also present in Romania. From January 2006 to April 2007, 90 urinary bladders from slaughtered cows originating from hill-mountain area ..
- Cleaning and disinfection in gastrointestinal endoscopy: current status in Romania
2nd Medical Clinic, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Oradea, Romania
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 15:89-93. 2006
..The GOAL of this paper was to assess the way and the conditions in which endoscopic disinfection is achieved in our country...
- [Tuberculosis in Romania. Problems and solutions]
Unitatea Centrală de Coordonare a Programului National de Control al Tuberculozei Institutul de Pneumologie Marius Nasta, Bucuresti
Pneumologia 59:6-12. 2010
..of the National TB Programme (NTP) database, together with the reports of the TB county managers, allowed to the authors to identify some weaknesses of TB control in Romania in the recent years and to propose the appropriate measures.
- Susceptibility to antibiotics of Bacillus anthracis strains isolated in Romania
Dana Magdalena Caplan
NIRDMI Cantacuzino, Bucharest, Romania
Roum Arch Microbiol Immunol 68:106-10. 2009
- Incidence and etiological agents of bacterial meningitis among children <5 years of age in two districts of Romania
Infectious Disease Hospital, University Hospital, Octav Botez Street no 2, Iasi, Romania
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:523-8. 2004
..bacterial meningitis in Eastern Europe, the present study was conducted in the Iasi and Constanta districts of Romania. From March 2000 through March 2002, children <5 years of age hospitalized for bacterial meningitis were ..
- Improving nutrition in Romania
Lancet 365:561-2. 2005
- Epidemiological characteristics of pertussis in Estonia, Lithuania, Romania, the Czech Republic, Poland and Turkey-1945 to 2005
University of Tartu, Ravila 19, 50411, Tartu, Estonia
Eur J Pediatr 168:407-15. 2009
..Health Organization (WHO) clinical criteria, laboratory confirmation and/or epidemiological link, except for Romania (WHO clinical case definition used)...
- Factors affecting the quality of life of haemodialysis patients from Romania: a multicentric study
Nephrocare Dialysis Center, Iasi, Romania
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:626-9. 2009
..Therefore, QoL needs to be regularly assessed in this setting. Our study describes QoL, as well as demographic and clinical variables associated with QoL in chronic haemodialysis (HD) patients in Romania.
- Population data for 15 short tandem repeat loci from Wallachia Region, South Romania
Forensic Science Institute, Bucharest, Romania
Croat Med J 50:321-5. 2009
To determine allele frequencies' distribution for 15 short tandem repeat (STR) loci in a population sample of 1910 unrelated individuals from the region of Wallachia, South Romania.
- Molecular characterization of hard and soft ticks from Romania by sequences of the internal transcribed spacers of ribosomal DNA
College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, 483 Wushan Street, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province 510642, People s Republic of China
Parasitol Res 105:907-11. 2009
..Haemaphysalis punctata, Haemaphysalis parva, Ixodes ricinus, and Dermanyssus gallinae, from south-western Romania were characterized genetically by the first (ITS-1) and second (ITS-2) internal transcribed spacers (ITS) of ..
- Nutritional status evaluation and survival in haemodialysis patients in one centre from Romania
Nephrology Unit, CI Parhon Hospital, Fresenius Nephrocare Dialysis Center and University of Medicine and Pharmacy Gr T Popa Iaşi, Romania
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:2536-40. 2009
..Therefore, nutritional status needs to be regularly assessed in these patients, by using several methods, and, if malnutrition is present, its possible causes should be thoroughly searched for and properly treated...
- Environmental and anthropogenic risk factors for highly pathogenic avian influenza subtype H5N1 outbreaks in Romania, 2005--2006
Michael P Ward
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
Vet Res Commun 32:627-34. 2008
..5, 95% CI 1.69-18.9). Results suggest that both environmental and anthropogenic factors influence the risk of HPAI subtype H5N1 outbreaks in village poultry populations...
- [Contributions to the knowledge of clinical and epidemiological features of essential arterial hypertension in Moldavia, Romania]
Maria Emilia Oancă
Cabinet Individual Medicină de Familie, Bacău
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 111:1012-6. 2007
..Laboratory results showed hyperglycemia in 17.8% of cases, hypercholesterolemia--70.0% (hypo-HDL--54.3%, hyper-LDL--63.0%), and hypertriglyceridemia in 70.7%...
- Injection practices in Romania: progress and challenges
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 25:30-5. 2004
..To identify breaks in infection control practices that might put Romanians at risk for transmission of hepatitis B virus (HBV) from injections...
- A new year, a new era: Romania and Bulgaria join the European Union
Eur J Public Health 17:119-20. 2007
- Geostatistical visualisation and spatial statistics for evaluation of the dispersion of epidemic highly pathogenic avian influenza subtype H5N1
Michael P Ward
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
Vet Res 39:22. 2008
..The case study data set consisted of 161 outbreaks of HPAI subtype H5N1 in village poultry reported in Romania between October 2005 and June 2006...
- Changing life expectancy in Romania after the transition
Department of Public Health and Management, Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest, Romania
J Epidemiol Community Health 56:444-9. 2002
While Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic have seen impressive gains in life expectancy in the 1990s, Romania has not...
- Mutant HFE genotype leads to significant iron overload in patients with liver diseases from western Romania
A M Neghina
Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Department of Biochemistry, 2 Eftimie Murgu Square, 300041 Timisoara, Romania
J Appl Genet 50:173-6. 2009
..029). The inclusion of iron studies during routine clinical visits, coupled with the availability of HFE genotyping for family and population studies, should facilitate the early detection of hereditary haemochromatosis in Romania.
- Selected persistent organochlorine pollutants in Romania
Toxicological Center, University of Antwerp, Wilrijk, Belgium
Sci Total Environ 280:143-52. 2001
..DDTs) and hexachlorocyclohexane isomers (HCHs) were determined in soil, animal fat and human serum samples from Romania. All methods were rigorously tested and adequate quality control was ensured...
- In-hospital case fatality rates for acute myocardial infarction in Romania
Floreasca Emergency Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
CMAJ 180:1207-13. 2009
..We describe the clinical characteristics, treatments and in-hospital case-fatality rates in an unselected population of patients admitted for acute myocardial infarction...
- Chemical composition and in vitro antimicrobial activity of the essential oils of flower heads and leaves of Santolina rosmarinifolia L. from Romania
Department of Pharmacognosy and Chemistry of Natural Products, School of Pharmacy, University of Athens, Panepistimioupoli Zographou, Athens, Greece
Nat Prod Res 21:18-23. 2007
The essential oils of the flower heads and leaves of Santolina rosmarinifolia L. (Compositae) cultivated in Romania were obtained through hydrodistillation and analysed by GC-MS. Forty-two components were identified, representing 92.3-94...
- Arsenic exposure in Hungary, Romania and Slovakia
Anna Lena Lindberg
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Box 210, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Environ Monit 8:203-8. 2006
..Exposure to arsenic from food, mainly as DMA, and cigarette smoke, mainly as inorganic arsenic, are major determinants of arsenic exposure at very low concentrations of arsenic in drinking water...
- Association between outbreaks of highly pathogenic avian influenza subtype H5N1 and migratory waterfowl (family Anatidae) populations
M P Ward
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, USA
Zoonoses Public Health 56:1-9. 2009
..A study was conducted to determine if the occurrence of HPAI subtype H5N1 outbreaks in village poultry in Romania, 2005-2006, was associated with proximity to populations of migratory waterfowl...
- An early modern human from the Peştera cu Oase, Romania
Department of Anthropology, Campus Box 1114, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:11231-6. 2003
The 2002 discovery of a robust modern human mandible in the Peştera cu Oase, southwestern Romania, provides evidence of early modern humans in the lower Danubian Corridor...
- Isotopic evidence for omnivory among European cave bears: Late Pleistocene Ursus spelaeus from the Peştera cu Oase, Romania
Michael P Richards
Department of Human Evolution, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Deutscher Platz 6, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:600-4. 2008
..Isotopic analysis of animal bone from the Peştera cu Oase (Cave with Bones), Romania, shows that most of its cave bears had higher nitrogen isotope values than the associated herbivores and were, ..
- A strategic assessment of abortion and contraception in Romania
Brooke R Johnson
Senior Research Fellow, Ipas, and Visiting Fellow, Department of Public Health and General Practice, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
Reprod Health Matters 12:184-94. 2004
The history of fertility regulation in Romania illustrates the complex interactions between politics, women's reproductive health and rights and access to high quality care...
- Pediatric AIDS in Romania--a country faces its epidemic and serves as a model of success
The Learning Curve, Brooklyn, New York, USA
MedGenMed 8:11. 2006
- Implementation of health information systems in Romania
G I Mihalas
Department of Biophysics and Medical Informatics, Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Eftimie Murgu Sq no 2, code 300 041, Timisoara, Romania
Methods Inf Med 45:121-4. 2006
The paper aimed to present and analyze the development of Healthcare Information Systems in Romania during the last decade...
- Evaluating infection control practices among dentists in Vâlcea, Romania, in 1998
Rosemary E Duffy
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 25:570-5. 2004
..To evaluate infection control knowledge and practices, provide training on universal-standard precautions (USP), and improve infection control knowledge and practices among dentists...
- Epidemic West Nile encephalitis in Romania: waiting for history to repeat itself
G L Campbell
Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, Colorado 80522 2087, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 951:94-101. 2001
Seroprevalence data suggest that West Nile virus activity in southern Romania dates to the 1960s or earlier...
- [Efficiency of seasonal influenza vaccine in persons older than 65 in Romania. Pilot case-control study I-MOVE, 2008-2009]
Institutul Naţional de Cercetare Dezvoltare pentru Microbiologie şi Imunologie INCDMI Cantacuzino
Bacteriol Virusol Parazitol Epidemiol 54:109-16. 2009
..a pilot case-control study to monitor the influenza vaccine effectiveness on people over 65 years of age from Romania. This study is part of the I-MOVE project "Monitoring the vaccine effectiveness during seasonal and pandemic ..
- The in vitro susceptibility to 7 antibiotics of Neisseria meningitidis strains isolated last years in Romania
N I R D M I Cantacuzino, Bucharest, Romania
Roum Arch Microbiol Immunol 68:38-43. 2009
..Serogroups B and C were predominant in this period in Romania. The need for new antimicrobial agents and vaccines is being felt in today's society.
- Cioclovina (Romania): affinities of an early modern European
Department of Human Evolution, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Deutscher Platz 6, Leipzig, Germany
J Hum Evol 53:732-46. 2007
..Among these earliest reliably dated specimens is the Cioclovina calvaria from Romania. This individual is of highest importance for the understanding of modern human origins in Europe, and has ..
- Early modern humans from the Pestera Muierii, Baia de Fier, Romania
Centrul de Cercetări Antropologice Fr J Rainer, Eroii Sanitari 8, PO Box 35 13, 76241 Bucharest, Romania
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:17196-201. 2006
The early modern human remains from the Peştera Muierii, Romania have been directly dated to approximately 30,000 radiocarbon years before present (approximately 30 ka 14C BP) (approximately 35 ka cal BP) ("calendrical" age; based on ..
- A dramatic increase in the incidence of human trichinellosis in Romania over the past 25 years: impact of political changes and regional food habits
Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliments, Institut National de Recherche Agronomique, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire d Alfort, Université Paris XII Val de Marne, Maisons Alfort, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 76:983-6. 2007
According to the International Commission on Trichinellosis survey in 2004, Romania has the most cases of trichinellosis in the world...
- Monitoring pollution in river Mureş, Romania, Part III: biochemical effect markers in fish and integrative reflection
Heinz R Köhler
Animal Physiological Ecology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Environ Monit Assess 127:47-54. 2007
Along a downstream stretch of River Mureş, Romania, adult males of two feral fish species, European chub (Leuciscus cephalus) and sneep (Chondrostoma nasus) were sampled at four sites with different levels of contamination...
- International spread of major clones of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus: nosocomial endemicity of multi locus sequence type 239 in Saudi Arabia and Romania
The Clinic Hospital for Emergencies for Children Sf Maria Str V Lupu Iasi, Romania
Infect Genet Evol 5:335-9. 2005
Phenotypically identified methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) strains from several hospitals in Romania and Saudi Arabia (n = 103 and 68, respectively) were confirmed to be MRSA by mecA PCR and PBP-2' based latex ..
- Circulation of a type 1 recombinant vaccine-derived poliovirus strain in a limited area in Romania
Cantacuzino National Institute of Research Development for Microbiology and Immunology, Bucharest, Romania
Arch Virol 152:727-38. 2007
..contacts belonging to the same small socio-cultural group having a low vaccine coverage living in a small town in Romania. The genomes of the isolated strains appeared to be tripartite type 1/type 2/type 1 vaccine intertypic ..
- Genetic evidence of multiple transmissions of HIV type 1 subtype F within Romania from adult blood donors to children
E Op de Coul
Division of Public Health and Environment, Municipal Health Service, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 16:327-36. 2000
We studied the phylogeny of HIV-1 subtype F viruses from children and adults in Romania in order to (1) clarify whether the Romanian subtype F epidemic was caused by one or several virus introductions and (2) gain insight into the route ..
- Intercountry transfer of PER-1 extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Acinetobacter baumannii from Romania
Int J Antimicrob Agents 29:226-8. 2007
- Nasopharyngeal carriage of multidrug-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae in institutionalized HIV-infected and HIV-negative children in northeastern Romania
Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit, Soroka University Medical Center and Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Int J Infect Dis 3:211-5. 1999
..The study compared nasopharyngeal carriage of resistant pneumoniae in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-seropositive and -seronegative children...
- Type 1 diabetes genetic susceptibility encoded by HLA DQB1 genes in Romania
Institute of Diabetes, Nutrition and Metabolic Disease N Paulescu 5 7 I Movila Street, Bucharest 2, Romania
J Cell Mol Med 8:249-56. 2004
..In conclusion, our results confirmed the strong effect of HLA-DQB1 alleles on diabetes risk in Romania, with some characteristics which can contribute to the low incidence of T1DM in this country.
- Innovative intersectoral approach reduces blood leads levels of children and workers in Romania
Environmental Health Project, U S Agency for Environmental Development, Arlington, Virginia 22209 2111, USA
Int J Occup Environ Health 5:50-6. 1999
..the blood lead levels of plant workers and of young children living in the vicinity of a copper smelter, Zlatna, Romania. Specifics of the collaborative effort, which attracted enthusiastic responses from all participants, are provided...
- Mosquitoes of the Anopheles maculipennis group (Diptera: Culicidae) in Romania, with the discovery and formal recognition of a new species based on molecular and morphological evidence
Department of Medical Entomology, Cantacuzino Institute, Bucharest, Romania
Bull Entomol Res 94:525-35. 2004
Mosquitoes of the Anopheles maculipennis group were collected in five districts of Romania (Constant,a, Giurgiu, Ilfov, Mehedint,i and Suceava) between March 2000 and June 2003...
- A comparison of the electroencephalogram between institutionalized and community children in Romania
Peter J Marshall
University of Maryland, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 16:1327-38. 2004
..EEG) data were collected from a sample of institutionalized infants and young children in Bucharest, Romania, and were compared with EEG data from age-matched children from the local community who had never been ..
- Water channel proteins: from their discovery in 1985 in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, to the 2003 Nobel Prize in Chemistry
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj Napoca, Romania
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 52:10-9. 2006
..in situ (hence discovered) in the human red blood cell (RBC) membrane in 1985 by Benga's group (Cluj-Napoca, Romania)...
- Levels and distribution of organochlorine pesticides, polychlorinated biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyl ethers in sediments and biota from the Danube Delta, Romania
Toxicological Centre, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610 Wilrijk, Belgium
Environ Pollut 140:136-49. 2006
- Mentoring a developing health technology assessment initiative in Romania: an example for countries with limited experience of assessing health technology
Health Technology Assessment Unit, Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research, Ste 1500, 10104 103 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4A7, Canada
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 21:522-5. 2005
The aim of this study was to assist and facilitate introduction and development of a health technology assessment (HTA) program in Romania.
- Comprehensive pediatric human immunodeficiency virus care and treatment in Constanta, Romania: implementation of a program of highly active antiretroviral therapy in a resource-poor setting
Mark W Kline
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 23:695-700. 2004
..S. health care institution and the Romanian government, has established a comprehensive program of highly active antiretroviral therapy for children in Constanta, Romania.
- Prescription patterns analysis--variations among Bulgaria, Romania, Macedonia and Bosnia Herzegovina
G I Petrova
Cent Eur J Public Health 10:100-3. 2002
The objective of the study is analysis of the prescription patterns in Bulgaria, Romania, Macedonia and Bosnia Herzegovina (BiH)...
- Effects of early intervention on EEG power and coherence in previously institutionalized children in Romania
Peter J Marshall
Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Dev Psychopathol 20:861-80. 2008
..Supplementary analyses examined whether the EEG measures mediated changes in intellectual abilities within the foster care children, but no clear evidence of mediation was observed...
- Mitochondrial control region sequence variations in the Hungarian population: analysis of population samples from Hungary and from Transylvania (Romania)
Department of Haemogenetics, Institute for Forensic Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Forensic Sci Int Genet 1:158-62. 2007
..generated from two population samples from Hungary and from two Hungarian speaking populations from Transylvania (Romania)...
- Progress toward measles elimination in Romania after a mass vaccination campaign and implementation of enhanced measles surveillance
General Department of Public Health, National Immunization Program, Ministry of Health, Bucharest, Romania
J Infect Dis 187:S217-22. 2003
In response to an outbreak of >33,000 measles cases in 1996-1998 and to prevent an outbreak predicted for 2002, Romania conducted a nationwide measles-rubella vaccination campaign in October 1998. Some 2...
- Emergency department visits for nonfatal childhood injuries in Romania
Center for Health Policy and Public Health, Institute for Social Research University Babes Bolyai, Cluj, Romania
Eur J Emerg Med 15:268-75. 2008
Childhood injury rates are higher in low and middle-income countries than in high-income countries. Childhood injuries have not been widely studied in Romania, a middle-income country, because data sources are lacking.
- Attachment in institutionalized and community children in Romania
Charles H Zeanah
Department of Psychiatry, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, Tidewater Building TB 52, 1440 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Child Dev 76:1015-28. 2005
This study examined attachment in institutionalized and community children 12-31 months of age in Bucharest, Romania. Attachment was assessed using ratings of attachment behaviors and ratings of caregiver descriptions in a structured ..
- The prevalence of coeliac disease at endoscopy units in Romania: routine biopsies during gastroscopy are mandatory (a multicentre study)
Gastroenterology Department, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Tg Mures, Str Gh Marinescu no 1, 4300 Tg Mureş, Romania
Rom J Gastroenterol 12:97-100. 2003
..The incidence and prevalence of coeliac disease vary internationally. In Eastern Europe little is known about the prevalence of coeliac disease. The..
- Early modern human cranial remains from the Peştera cu Oase, Romania
Department of Anthropology, Campus Box 1114, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
J Hum Evol 45:245-53. 2003
- Low frequency of HLA DRB1*03 - DQB1*02 and DQB1*0302 haplotypes in Romania is consistent with the country's low incidence of Type I diabetes
Diabetes Clinic, Institute of Diabetes, Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases N Paulescu, Bucharest, Romania
Diabetologia 44:B60-6. 2001
- HIV type 1 diversity in northeastern Romania in 200-2001 based on phylogenic analysis of pol sequences from patient failing antiretroviral therapy
Virology Laboratory, Pathology Laboratory and Infectious diseases Clinic, School of Medicine, Gr T Popa University of Iasi, Romania
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 19:1155-1161. 2003
..These results show that the diversity pattern of HIV type 1 infection in Romania has remained steady over a decade, with subtype F1 remaining the predominant viral form...
- West nile virus surveillance in Romania: 1997-2000
C S Ceianu
Reference Laboratory of Insect Vectors, Cantacuzino Institute, Bucharest, Romania
Viral Immunol 14:251-62. 2001
In response to the 1996 West Nile (WN) fever epidemic that occurred in Bucharest and southeastern Romania, a surveillance program was established...
- Varicella in Romania: epidemiological trends, 1986-2004
Institutul de Boli Infecţioase Prof Dr Matei Balş, Bucharest, Romania
Euro Surveill 10:E050811.6. 2005
- An increasing trend in the incidence of type 1 diabetes mellitus in children aged 0-14 years in Romania--ten years (1988-1997) EURODIAB study experience
Clinic of Diabetes, Institute of Diabetes, Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases N C Paulescu, Bucharest, Romania
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 17:983-91. 2004
..To assess the incidence of type 1 diabetes mellitus (DM1) in Romanian children aged 0-14 years using EURODIAB Study methodology...
- An epidemiological study of gastric cancer in the adult population referred to gastroenterology medical services in Romania -- a multicentric study
Department of Gastroenterology, Emergency Clinical Hospital, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Str Gh Marinescu 1, 4300 Tg Mureş, Romania
Rom J Gastroenterol 13:275-9. 2004
- Evidence for lack of change in seasonality of suicide from Timiş County, Romania
Department of Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy, University of Vienna Medical School, Austria
Percept Mot Skills 94:1071-8. 2002
..Data for suicide by hanging in Timiş County of Romania show both a nondecrease in seasonality of suicide for the current transitional period (1990-98), relative to the ..
- The involuntary civil commitment of mentally ill persons in the United States and Romania: a comparative analysis
Associate Professor in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44109 1998, USA
J Leg Med 23:211-50. 2002
- Migration rates and genetic structure of two Hungarian ethnic groups in Transylvania, Romania
Institute of Legal Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Ann Hum Genet 71:791-803. 2007
..The ethnic groups of the Hungarian minority that settled in Romania show differences in dialects, customs and religious affiliations...
- A nested case-control study of methemoglobinemia risk factors in children of Transylvania, Romania
Catherine L Zeman
Health Division, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614 0030, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:817-22. 2002
..study, we investigated the risk factors for methemoglobinemia (MHG) in 71 children in the Transylvania region of Romania. This study was unique in that the exposures for cases and controls were calculated as continuous values and were ..
- Old and new drug consumption habits in Hungary, Romania and Moldova
Budapest University of Economic Sciences and Public Administration, Department of Sociology and Social Policy, Hungary
Eur Addict Res 8:166-9. 2002
The authors present patterns of drug use during the political and social transition periods in Hungary, Romania and Moldova...
- A large rubella outbreak, Romania--2003
Ministry of Health, Bucharest, Romania
Euro Surveill 9:7-9. 2004
b>Romania experienced a large rubella outbreak in 2002-03, with more than 115,000 reported cases nationwide, and an incidence of 531 reported cases per 100,000 population. The incidence was highest in children of school age...
- [Tuberculosis in Romania in 2003]
I P Stoicescu
Institutul de Pneumologie, Marius Nasta Bucureşti
Pneumologia 53:7-16. 2004
- [Headache in children and adolescent in ambulatory practice]
Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi Facultatea de Medicină Medicină Generală Medicină de Familie copii
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 109:245-50. 2005
..25%, intracranial causes 0.75%. The study confirms the necessity of a multidisciplinary approach, most causes being benign and the prognosis favourable in most cases...
- [Soliciting a model of a child emergency care unit in road accidents in the year 2005]
Facultatea de Medicina, Universitatea de Medicină şi Farmacie Gr T Popa, Iasi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 110:999-1003. 2006
- [Epidemiologic aspects of sudden death in the Constanţa District]
Universitatea Ovidius Constanta, Facultatea de Medicina
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 109:373-6. 2005
..The ratio to the meningo-cerebral causes is of 25/1 and largely decreases so that over 70 years of age it becomes usually 2/1 and sometimes 1/1...
- [Epidemiological research on rubella incidence in families with low socioeconomic status]
Oana Carmen Costan
Dispensarul scolar nr 5, Spitalul de Copii Botoşani
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 111:507-11. 2007
..To know some clinical epidemiological aspects of rubella familial outbreaks...
- [Clinical and epidemiologic assessment of a group of patients suffering from mumps, hospitalized in a 23 years period]
Agenţia de Sănătate Publică în Transporturi, Unitatea Teritorială Iaşi, Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi, Facultatea de Medicina
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 109:623-7. 2005
..9%), preschool (1.4%), and familial (92.7%). All these aspects highlight the necessity of the epidemiological surveillance of risk groups and the inclusion of anti-mumps vaccine-prevention in the Extended Immunization Program...
- A Romanian population isolate with high frequency of vitiligo and associated autoimmune diseases
Stanca A Birlea
FACMG, Human Medical Genetics Program, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, PO Box 6511, Mail Stop 8300, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Arch Dermatol 144:310-6. 2008
To characterize the epidemiology and genetics of vitiligo and associated autoimmune diseases in a population isolate in Romania in which there is a high frequency of these diseases.
- [Assessments of retro-prospective epidemiologic research results regarding morbidity with viral hepatitis A in North-Eastern Moldavia, Romania, between 1970-2006]
Antoneta Maria Ilie
Cabinet Individual Medicină de Familie, Fălticeni
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 111:1017-21. 2007
..It also is involved in travellers' and nosocomial diseases...
- [Prospective epidemiologic considerations on asthma morbidity in patients admitted to the St. Maria Emergency Hospital Clinic for Children, Iaşi]
Letiţia Doina Duceac
Spitalul Clinic de Urgenţă pentru Copii Sf Maria Iaşi, Compartimentul de Epidemiologie, Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi, Facultatea de Medicina
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 109:497-501. 2005
..A lower prevalence of asthma in young-age groups was explained by a difficult diagnosis. The results above-mentioned can offer orientations for the clinical epidemiological surveillance programs of asthma...
- [Osteopenia in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis]
Tania Elena Rusu
Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi, Facultatea de Medicina, Clinica a IIa Pediatrie
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 112:88-93. 2008
..The aim of the study was to evaluate the presence and etiopathogenesis of osteopenia in 41 children with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA)...
- A laboratory-based survey of Campylobacter infections in Prahova County
Laboratory of Microbiology, Public Health Authority, Prahova, Romania
Roum Arch Microbiol Immunol 66:85-9. 2007
..A development of a national surveillance program regarding the most important foodborne pathogens would be beneficial for improving prevention and controlling measures...
- [Clinical and epidemiological study about herpetic keratitis]
Spitalul Municipal Râmnicul Sărat
Oftalmologia 49:54-9. 2005
..Even if the infectious keratitis represents an important cause for hospitalisation and involves high expenses approached, the risk factors, which, eliminated, can contribute to the prevention of this disease...
- Do the effects of early severe deprivation on cognition persist into early adolescence? Findings from the English and Romanian adoptees study
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London
Child Dev 77:696-711. 2006
..The findings draw attention to the psychological as well as physical risks of institutional deprivation...
- [Dynamics of intestinal parasitic diseases in children admitted to the TB Preventorium in Gorneşti, Mureş county]
UMF Târgu Mureş, Disciplina de Microbiologie, Parazitologie
Bacteriol Virusol Parazitol Epidemiol 49:48-50. 2004
..Most of the infected children had mono-parasitosis, only a few showed poly-parasitic infections with 2 parasites. In spite of the adequate treatment, the infections did not disappear, but neither did their number increase...
- [2003-2004 influenza season]
Bacteriol Virusol Parazitol Epidemiol 49:59-78. 2004
- [The TB infection in children with chronic renal diseases]
Universitatea de Medicină şi Farmacie Gr T Popa, Iasi, Facultatea de Medicina, Clinica a IV a Pediatric, Secţia clinică de Nefrologie pediatrică
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 110:309-13. 2006
The incidence of tuberculosis in the general population has risen in Romania over the past years. It is, therefore, presumable that this incidence is higher in the immuno-compromised hosts than in the general population.
- [Epidemiology of viral hepatitis B in the Iasi County in the interval 1990-2005]
Compartimentul de Epidemiologie, Autoritatea de Sanatate Publica, Iasi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 110:987-92. 2006
Viral hepatitis and especially hepatitis B (HVB) continue to represent major health problems. In Romania, the morbidity from HVB is still 3 to 5 times higher than in Western Europe and North America...
- [Varicella-zoster infection--extreme clinical aspects]
Facultatea de Medicina, Universitatea de Medicina Gr T Popa, Iasi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 110:852-5. 2006
..On the contrary, more and more children present the secondary form of the infection, which appears as herpes zoster, a disease usually diagnosed in adults...