- Malaria risk perception, knowledge and prophylaxis practices among travellers of African ethnicity living in Paris and visiting their country of origin in sub-Saharan Africa
INSERM U707, F 75012 Paris, France
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:990-5. 2007
..malaria risk perception, knowledge and prophylaxis practices among individuals of African ethnicity living in Paris and travelling to their country of origin to visit friends or relatives (VFR)...
- Clonal dissemination of a CTX-M-15 beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli strain in the Paris area, Tunis, and Bangui
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, UPRES EA 2392, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Paris VI, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:2433-8. 2006
One hundred twenty CTX-M-15-producing Escherichia coli strains isolated in 10 different hospitals from Paris (France), in the Hospital Charles Nicolle in Tunis (Tunisia), and in the Pasteur Institute in Bangui, Central African Republic (..
- Health information seeking on the Internet: a double divide? Results from a representative survey in the Paris metropolitan area, France, 2005-2006
INSERM, U707, Research Team on the Social Determinants of Health and Healthcare, Paris, F 75012, France
BMC Public Health 8:69. 2008
..The objective of this study was to assess the determinants involved in: 1) having or not having Internet access; and 2) using or not using the Internet to obtain health information...
- Bronchial obstructive phenotypes in the first year of life among Paris birth cohort infants
Laboratoire Santé Publique et Environnement, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 20:126-33. 2009
As the natural history of respiratory and allergic manifestations is unclear, our ongoing Paris birth cohort study prospectively assesses the onset of these symptoms in early childhood...
- Evaluation of a dental care program for school beginners in a Paris suburb
Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 31:285-91. 2003
..In the Département of Val d'Oise (north of Paris and including some densely populated suburbs), a scheme is in place to provide 100% reimbursement...
- Hyperinsulinemia predicts fatal liver cancer but is inversely associated with fatal cancer at some other sites: the Paris Prospective Study
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 258 and the Faculty of Medicine, University Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Diabetes Care 24:843-9. 2001
..To investigate whether insulin is a risk factor for death by site-specific cancers...
- Atmospheric fate of phthalate esters in an urban area (Paris-France)
M J Teil
Laboratoire Hydrologie et Environnement, Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, UMR 7619 Sisyphe, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Tour 56 46, Box 105, 4 place Jussieu, 75252 Paris Cedex 05, France
Sci Total Environ 354:212-23. 2006
The atmospheric fate of six phthalate esters was investigated in the urban area of Paris (France). Total atmospheric levels (ng m-3) were as follows: DMP, 0.5; DEP, 10.7; DnBP, 22.2; BBP, 4.6; DEHP, 18.9; and DnOP, 0...
- Absence of CTX-M enzymes but high prevalence of clones, including clone ST131, among fecal Escherichia coli isolates from healthy subjects living in the area of Paris, France
Microbiology Department, Beaujon AP HP Hospital, Clichy, France
J Clin Microbiol 46:3900-5. 2008
..coli isolates in the stools of 332 independent healthy subjects living in the area of Paris, France. Stools were plated on media without antibiotics, in order to obtain the dominant (Dm) fecal E...
- High plasma nonesterified fatty acids are predictive of cancer mortality but not of coronary heart disease mortality: results from the Paris Prospective Study
M A Charles
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Unit 258, Villejuif, France
Am J Epidemiol 153:292-8. 2001
..the authors computed 15-year mortality rates for the 4,589 working men aged 43-53 years who were included in the Paris Prospective Study between 1967 and 1972...
- Significance of hepatitis B virus genotypes A to E in a cohort of patients with chronic hepatitis B in the Seine Saint Denis District of Paris (France)
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hôpital Jean Verdier Bondy, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, UPRES 3409, UFR Santé Médecine Biologie Humaine, Universite Paris 13, France
J Med Virol 78:335-40. 2006
..002). It is concluded that HBV genotypes A, B, C, D, and E circulate in the Seine Saint Denis District, reflecting the geographical origin of patients. HBV/A, /C and/D seem to be associated with more severe hepatic disease...
- Localized cutaneous leishmaniasis imported into Paris: a review of 39 cases
Lise El Hajj
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales and Service de Parasitologie et Mycologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Int J Dermatol 43:120-5. 2004
..Localized cutaneous leishmaniasis (LCL) is a common cause of dermatosis in travelers returning from the tropics. We describe the epidemiological, clinical, and biological aspects and therapeutic outcome of imported LCL...
- In vitro assessment of thyroid and estrogenic endocrine disruptors in wastewater treatment plants, rivers and drinking water supplies in the greater Paris area (France)
M L Jugan
Univ Paris Sud 11, Faculte de Pharmacie, Laboratoire Santé Publique Environnement IFR141, F 92296 Chatenay Malabry, France
Sci Total Environ 407:3579-87. 2009
..wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs), in the river Seine, and from four drinking treatment plants located in the Paris area. Two in vitro bioassays were used for the evaluation of thyroid (PC-DR-LUC) and estrogenic (MELN) disruption...
- Transmission of tuberculosis from adults to children in a Paris suburb
Service de Pediatrie, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal, Creteil, France
Pediatr Pulmonol 34:159-63. 2002
..our study was to evaluate risk factors for latent infection and active disease in exposed children in a suburb of Paris. We examined medical records for the period 1997-2000 at six departmental centers for medical prevention in Val de ..
- Prolonged Plasmodium falciparum infection in immigrants, Paris
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Emerg Infect Dis 14:323-6. 2008
..falciparum infection in immigrant travelers. Results suggest that P. falciparum infection should be systematically suspected, even months after travel, especially in pregnant women and first-arrival immigrants...
- Priority pollutants in surface waters and settleable particles within a densely urbanized area: case study of Paris (France)
Universite Paris Est, Leesu, UMR MA 102 AgroParisTech, 61 Avenue du Gal de Gaulle, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Sci Total Environ 407:2900-8. 2009
..on both PP occurrence and concentration build-up along a heavily urbanized transect of the Seine River in the Paris region (France)...
- The relationship between introduction of American society of clinical oncology guidelines and the use of colony-stimulating factors in clinical practice in a Paris university hospital
Service de Pharmacie Toxicologie, Comité Local du Médicament, Hĵpital Tenon, Paris, France
Clin Ther 23:1116-27. 2001
..However, it is unclear whether such guidelines have any lasting impact on clinical practice...
- [Simultaneous outbreaks of rotavirus and respiratory syncytial virus in Paris: a 12-year survey]
J B Armengaud
Service de pédiatrie générale et laboratoire d épidémiologie clinique, Hopital Saint Vincent de Paul, 82, avenue Denfert Rochereau, 75014 Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 37:262-5. 2007
The authors had for aim to study the coincidence of RSV and rotavirus epidemic peaks in pediatric patients hospitalized in the Paris area.
- [Prevalence and characteristics of Guillain-Barré syndromes associated with Campylobacter jejuni and cytomegalovirus in greater Paris]
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Hopital Raymond Poincare, AP HP, 104 boulevard Raymond Poincaré, 92380 Garches, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 53:536-8. 2005
..We aimed to study prevalence and features of Campylobacter jejuni and cytomegalovirus (CMV)-associated Guillain-Barré syndromes (GBS) in a French care unit...
- Dietary intakes and vitamin status of a sample of homeless people in Paris
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Direction Scientifique NHSA, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:313-20. 2002
To determine nutritional intake and vitamin status in a sample of homeless people who had been on the streets of Paris for more than 2 y.
- Characteristics of HIV-infected children recently diagnosed in Paris, France
Unité d Immunologie Hématologie Pédiatriques, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015, Paris, France
Eur J Pediatr 165:684-7. 2006
..HIV-1 infection should be taken into consideration in children born in countries with a high prevalence of HIV, even if they have been living in France for several years and present no symptoms...
- Report of the Paris consensus meeting on expanded criteria donors in liver transplantation
Hepatology and Liver Intensive Care, Hospital Beaujon, University Paris 7, Clichy, France
Liver Transpl 14:1694-707. 2008
..Consensus recommendations are needed. This article reports the conclusions of a consensus meeting held in Paris in March 2007 with the contribution of experts from Europe, the United States, and Asia...
- [Fetal macrosomia: management, obstetrical and neonatal results. Multicenter case-control study in 15 maternity hospitals in Paris and the Ile de France area]
Service de gynécologie obstétrique du professeur P Madelenat, centre hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard AP HP, rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 30:483-91. 2002
..To study the perinatal management of fetal macrosomia (FM) and the obstetrical and neonatal results related to FM in the Ile de France area...
- [Peritoneal tuberculosis: 27 cases in the suburbs of northeastern Paris]
Service de Medecine Interne, de Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Delafontaine, Saint Denis, France
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 6:253-8. 2002
..Peritoneal tuberculosis did not disappear from France during the 1990s...
- Short-term variability of dissolved trace element concentrations in the Marne and Seine rivers near Paris
Laboratoire Hydrosciences, UMR 5569 CNRS, IRD, University Montpellier I and II, CCMSE, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Sci Total Environ 367:278-87. 2006
..of dissolved trace elements (Li, B, Mn, Cu, As, Rb, Sr, Mo, Cd, Ba, Pb) in the Marne and Seine rivers in the Paris urban area were monitored over a 2-year period...
- A new way to compare health systems: avoidable hospital conditions in Manhattan and Paris
Michael K Gusmano
Columbia University, New York City, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:510-20. 2006
Based on a comparison of discharges for avoidable hospital conditions (AHCs), we find that Paris provides greater access to primary care than Manhattan. Age-adjusted AHC rates are more than 2.5 times as high in Manhattan as in Paris...
- Unprecedented heat-related deaths during the 2003 heat wave in Paris: consequences on emergency departments
Jean Francois Dhainaut
Professor, Emergency and Intensive Care Department, Cochin Port Royal University Hospital, AP HP, University Paris 5, France
Crit Care 8:1-2. 2004
..The consequences were maximal in the Paris area...
- Epidemiology of pediatric community-acquired bloodstream infections in a children hospital in Paris, France, 2001 to 2008
Service de Microbiologie, Hôpital Robert Debré AP HP, Universite Denis Diderot Paris 7, 75019 Paris, France
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 66:332-5. 2010
..Pneumococcal conjugate vaccination affected the serotype distribution of pneumococcal bacteremia but not its frequency. Serotype 19A represented 12% and 22% of pneumococci in the prevaccine and vaccine periods, respectively...
- Mortality among Paris sewage workers
Department of Occupational Epidemiology, Institut National de Recherche et Sécurité, Vandoeuvre, France
Occup Environ Med 63:168-72. 2006
To describe the mortality of Paris sewage workers.
- Role of Paris PM(2.5) components in the pro-inflammatory response induced in airway epithelial cells
Univ Paris Diderot Paris 7, Unit of Functional and Adaptive Biology BFA EAC CNRS 7059, Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Responses to Xenobiotics, 5 rue Thomas Mann, case 7073, 75205 Paris Cedex 13, France
Toxicology 261:126-35. 2009
..Four samples of Paris PM(2...
- Indoor airborne endotoxin assessment in homes of Paris newborn babies
Laboratoire Santé Publique et Environnement, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Indoor Air 18:480-7. 2008
The aims of this study were first to assess airborne endotoxin levels in the dwellings of 162 newborns living in Paris twice during a 1-year period, and second, to identify predictors for endotoxin concentrations using questionnaire data ..
- Prehospital administration of hydroxocobalamin for smoke inhalation-associated cyanide poisoning: 8 years of experience in the Paris Fire Brigade
Jean Luc Fortin
Emergency Department, Military Hospital Legouest, Metz, France
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 44:37-44. 2006
This article reports the results of a retrospective study of 8 years of experience of the Paris Fire Brigade with the prehospital use of hydroxocobalamin.
- Biomonitoring of complex occupational exposures to carcinogens: the case of sewage workers in Paris
Hamzeh Al Zabadi
INSERM ERI 11, Nancy University Medical School, 9 Av de la Foret de Haye, BP 184, 54505 Vandoeuvre Les Nancy Cedex, France
BMC Cancer 8:67. 2008
..Thus, trying to relate adverse outcomes to single toxicant is inappropriate. We aim to investigate if sewage workers are at increased carcinogenic risk as evaluated by biomarkers of exposure and early biological effects...
- Reproducibility of the diagnosis of diabetes over a 30-month follow-up: the Paris Prospective Study
Faculty of Medicine, University of Paris XI, Villejuif, France
Diabetes Care 24:1941-4. 2001
..To describe the change in diabetic status over 30 months...
- Ano-rectal lymphogranuloma venereum: 22 cases reported in a sexually transmited infections center in Paris
Institut Alfred Fournier, Paris, France
Eur J Dermatol 16:177-80. 2006
..gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia in France. Our STI clinic in Paris carried out a clinico-biological retrospective study involving 154 MSM screened for anorectal sexually transmitted ..
- Assessment and predictor determination of indoor aldehyde levels in Paris newborn babies' homes
Universite Paris Descartes, Laboratoire Santé Publique et Environnement, 75006 Paris, France
Indoor Air 19:314-23. 2009
..levels, using passive devices and their variability within 1 year (1, 6, 9 and 12 months) in the bedroom of 196 Paris infants, and second, to identify predictors for aldehyde concentrations using interviewer administered ..
- [Imported malaria in children in 1999. Study of the Armand-Trousseau Hospital in Paris]
Service de Pediatrie Generale, maladies infectieuses et tropicales et urgences, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, 75571 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 9:371-6. 2002
Eighty children were treated at the hospital Armand-Trousseau (Paris, France) for a malaria attack from 1999-01-01 to 2000-02-01.
- Physicochemical characteristics and biological activities of seasonal atmospheric particulate matter sampling in two locations of Paris
Laboratoire de Cytophysiologie et Toxicologie Cellulaire, Universite Paris 7, Case Courrier 7073, 75251 Paris Cedex 05, France
Environ Sci Technol 38:5985-92. 2004
..sampling campaigns of particles were realized, respectively, in a kerbside and an urban background station in Paris. Sampled-PM2...
- Improved survival in cancer patients requiring mechanical ventilatory support: impact of noninvasive mechanical ventilatory support
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Saint Louis University Hospital and University Paris 7, France
Crit Care Med 29:519-25. 2001
..However, recent studies have found that outcomes of critically ill cancer patients have been improving over the years and that classic predictors of high mortality have lost their relevance...
- [Quality-assessment of the transfusion record in a Paris hospital in 2003]
Santé Publique, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris, France
Transfus Clin Biol 11:192-8. 2004
To realize a clinical audit of the quality of the transfusion record in the Pitie-Salpetriere hospital (Paris, France).
- Single clonal origin of a high proportion of Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 isolates from patients and the environment in the area of Paris, France, over a 10-year period
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Hôpital R Poincaré, Garches, France
J Clin Microbiol 37:2652-5. 1999
..Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 isolates, with no apparent epidemiological link, obtained from 24 hospitals in Paris, France, from 1987 to 1997...
- Two hour plasma glucose is not unequivocally predictive for early death in men with impaired fasting glucose: more results from the Paris Prospective Study
INSERM U258 IFR69 and Faculty of Medicine University Paris XI, Villejuif, France
Diabetologia 45:1224-30. 2002
..0 mmol/l; IFG: 6.1-6.9 mmol/l; normal-FPG: <6.1 mmol/l)...
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and polychlorobiphenyls in wastewaters and sewage sludges from the Paris area (France)
Laboratoire Hydrologie et Environnement, Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UMR 7619 Sisyphe, Box 122, 4 place Jussieu, 75252 Paris Cedex 05, France
Environ Res 95:184-97. 2004
..were investigated during 1999-2000 in the sewerage system to the Seine Aval treatment plant which drains the Paris area (France)...
- Nineteen years of penetrating keratoplasty in the Hotel-Dieu Hospital in Paris
J M Legeais
Department of Ophthalmology, Hotel-Dieu Hospital, Paris, France
Cornea 20:603-6. 2001
PURPOSE: To identify changing trends in penetrating keratoplasties (PKs) performed at the Hotel-Dieu Hospital in Paris between January 1980 and December 1999 and to explain the reasons for the changes...
- Bicycle safety behavior in Paris and Boston
J S Osberg
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Accid Anal Prev 30:679-87. 1998
..To understand more about variation in urban bicycle safety behavior, we observed passing bicyclists in Paris and Boston. In addition to helmet use, we looked at use of lights at night...
- [Treatment of primary hyperparathyroidism at Cochin hospital (Paris). Changes in procedures during the last thirty years]
Service de Chirurgie, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 69:169-73. 2008
..years, 2500 patients have undergone this type of procedure at the Visceral Surgery Unit of the Cochin Hospital in Paris. This experience has enabled us to achieve the current concept of surgical treatment for primary ..
- Proinflammatory effect of fine and ultrafine particulate matter using size-resolved urban aerosols from Paris
Laboratoire de Cytophysiologie et Toxicologie Cellulaire, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris 7, 2 place Jussieu, Case Courrier 7073, 75005 Paris, France
Chemosphere 72:1340-6. 2008
..Samplings of Paris background aerosols using 13-stage low pressure impactors (0...
- Winter air pollution and infant bronchiolitis in Paris
SEPIA Santé, 18bis rue du Calvaire, 56310 Melrand, France
Environ Res 106:96-100. 2008
..to evaluate the possible association between emergency hospital visits for bronchiolitis and air pollution in the Paris region during four winter seasons...
- Air pollution and respiratory hospital admissions in greater Paris: exploring sex differences
D J Granados-Canal
Observatoire régional de santé d Ile de France, Paris
Arch Environ Occup Health 60:307-13. 2005
..studied the short-term relationships between air pollution levels and respiratory hospital admissions in greater Paris area for patients older than 15 years between 2000 and 2003...
- Contribution of the metabolic syndrome to sudden death risk in asymptomatic men: the Paris Prospective Study I
Jean Philippe Empana
INSERM Avenir, Epidemiology of Sudden Death in the Population, Paris XI University, Paris, France
Eur Heart J 28:1149-54. 2007
..To compare the risk of sudden death and non-sudden death from myocardial infarction associated with the metabolic syndrome (MetS) in asymptomatic men...
- Air pollution and doctors' house calls for respiratory diseases in the Greater Paris area (2000-3)
Regional Observatory of Health, Paris, France
Occup Environ Med 64:320-4. 2007
..doctors' house calls for asthma, upper respiratory diseases (URD) and lower respiratory diseases (LRD) in Greater Paris for the years 2000-3...
- Haemodynamic management of severe sepsis: recommendations of the French Intensive Care Societies (SFAR/SRLF) Consensus Conference, 13 October 2005, Paris, France
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital de Hautepierre, F 67098 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Crit Care 10:311. 2006
..de Réanimation/Société de Réanimation de Langue Française) Consensus Conference, held on 13 October 2005 in Paris, France...
- Etiology of genital ulcer disease. A prospective study of 278 cases seen in an STD clinic in Paris
Centre Clinique et Biologique des MST, Hôpital Saint Louis AP HP, 42 Rue Bichat, Paris, France
Sex Transm Dis 37:153-8. 2010
The goal of this study was to identify the causes and factors associated with genital ulcer disease (GUD) among patients attending a sexually transmitted disease (STD) clinic in Paris.
- Increase in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest attended by the medical mobile intensive care units, but not myocardial infarction, during the 2003 heat wave in Paris, France
Jean Philippe Empana
INSERM U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Centre, Paris V University, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 37:3079-84. 2009
To address the association between the 2003 heat wave in Paris (France) and the occurrence of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
- Risk factors for heat related death during the August 2003 heat wave in Paris, France, in patients evaluated at the emergency department of the Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou
Département d Accueil des Urgences, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, AP HP Faculté de Médecine René Descartes Paris 5, Paris, France
Emerg Med J 23:515-8. 2006
..It was hypothesised that age, temperature, and some long term therapies and pre-existing pathologies were factors associated with short term mortality...
- Tuberculosis in European cities: establishment of a patient monitoring system over 10 years in Paris, France
Service de médecine interne et pathologie vasculaire, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 11:992-8. 2007
..France has been unable to report on treatment outcomes until now, and it is not known whether the World Health Organization (WHO) target cure rate of 85% has been met...
- Management and treatment outcomes of tuberculous patients, eastern Paris, France, 2004
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Assistance publique des Hôpitaux de Paris APHP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 13:881-7. 2009
..France was one of the few European countries without a national tuberculosis (TB) treatment outcome monitoring system until 2007...
- Predicting sudden death in the population: the Paris Prospective Study I
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Boucicaut, Paris, France
Circulation 99:1978-83. 1999
..Therefore, we assessed risk factors, including parental sudden death, associated with the occurrence of sudden death in a long-term cohort study...
- Indoor aldehydes: measurement of contamination levels and identification of their determinants in Paris dwellings
Laboratoire d Hygiéne et de Santé Publique, Universite Rene Descartes, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Paris, France
Environ Res 92:245-53. 2003
..This study therefore measures six different aldehyde levels in Paris dwellings from potentially different sources and identifies their indoor determinants...
- Leukocyte activation: the link between inflammation and coagulation during heatstroke. A study of patients during the 2003 heat wave in Paris
Marie Genevieve Huisse
Department of Hematology, AP HP, Hospital Bichat, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 36:2288-95. 2008
..Here, we examined the roles of the tissue factor pathway, leukocyte activation, and mediators of innate immunity in patients admitted to an intensive care unit for heatstroke during an intense heat wave in Paris.
- Virological, serological and epidemiological study of 255 consecutive cases of genital herpes in a sexually transmitted disease clinic of Paris (France): a prospective study
STD Clinic, Hopital Saint Louis, 42 Rue Bichat, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Int J STD AIDS 17:44-9. 2006
..01), more sexual intercourses (P<0.0001) and more oral sex (P<0.001). Although HSV-1 is frequent in first clinical (23%) and primary (61%) episodes of GH, recurrent GH remains mostly due to HSV-2 (94%)...
- Is the volume-outcome relation still an issue in the era of PCI with systematic stenting? Results of the greater Paris area PCI registry
Cardiology Department, Cochin Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
Eur Heart J 27:1054-60. 2006
..Because of the limited access to high PTCA volume centres in some areas, it has been suggested that PTCA could be performed in low-volume centres on AMI patients. Little data exist on the validity of this strategy in modern era PTCA...
- Epidemiology of invasive aspergillosis in France: a six-year multicentric survey in the Greater Paris area
Service Evaluation Qualité Accréditation et Sécurité Sanitaire, Direction de la Politique Médicale, AP HP, Paris, France
J Hosp Infect 51:288-96. 2002
..An epidemiological surveillance network was set up in 18 teaching hospitals in Paris and the Greater Paris area. Prospective surveillance was conducted between 1994 and 1999...
- Gastrointestinal tuberculosis: 17 cases collected in 4 hospitals in the northeastern suburb of Paris
Service de Medecine Interne, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris XIII, Bondy, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:419-24. 2005
..Gastrointestinal tuberculosis is a rare form of extrapulmonary tuberculosis and its diagnosis can be difficult...
- Assessment of management practices for colonic cancer in the Paris metropolitan area in 2002
Direction Régionale du Service Médical de l Assurance Maladie d Ile de France, Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:852-8. 2006
..To assess the management of patients aged 18 years or older with colonic adenocarcinoma (including the rectosigmoid junction), compared with French guidelines (ANAES and SOR)...
- High seroprevalence to Bartonella quintana in homeless patients with cutaneous parasitic infestations in downtown Paris
Dermatology Department 2, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
J Am Acad Dermatol 44:219-23. 2001
..of and the factors associated with a positive serology to B quintana in the homeless population of downtown Paris. The following data were recorded: ongoing cutaneous parasitic infestation, years of homelessness, living status, ..
- Dietary inadequacies observed in homeless men visiting an emergency night shelter in Paris
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Institut Scientifique et Technique de la Nutrition et de l Alimentation, 5 rue du Vertbois, 75003 Paris, France
Public Health Nutr 4:155-61. 2001
..To assess the dietary intake and the nutritional status of homeless men...
- Results of the Paris program: ten years of pediatric intestinal transplantation
Combined Program of Intestinal Failure Home Parenteral Nutrition, UFR Necker Enfants Malades, National Reference Centre for Rare Digestive Diseases, FAMA de Transplantation Intestinale, AP HP, Paris, France
Transplant Proc 37:1667-70. 2005
- The Paris prospective birth cohort study: which design and who participates?
Laboratoire Santé Publique et Environnement, EA 4064, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Universite Rene Descartes, 4 avenue de l Observatoire, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
Eur J Epidemiol 22:203-10. 2007
The Paris prospective birth cohort study was implemented in 2003 to assess environmental/behavioural factors associated with respiratory and allergic disorder occurrence in early childhood...
- [Prevalence and prenatal diagnosis of congenital malformations in the Parisian population: twenty years of surveillance by the Paris Registry of congenital malformations]
C De Vigan
Registre des malformations congénitales de Paris, INSERM U 149, Recherches épidémiologiques en santé périnatale et santé des femmes, 16, avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 34:8-16. 2005
..To assess overall and malformation-specific trends in the prevalence, prenatal diagnosis and pregnancy termination of congenital malformations in the Parisian population...
- Spread of novel expanded-spectrum beta-lactamases in Enterobacteriaceae in a university hospital in the Paris area, France
M F Lartigue
Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, Hopital de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, K Bicêtre, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:588-91. 2005
..extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBLs) were collected from infected patients at the Bicêtre Hospital in Paris, France...
- Spatial variability of the characteristics of combined wet weather pollutant loads in Paris
Laboratoire de Génie Urbain, Environnement et Habitat, Batiment Lavoisier, Universite de Marne la Vallee, 5, Bd Descartes Cité Descartes, 77454 Marne la Vallee Cedex 2, France
Water Res 42:539-49. 2008
An on-site observatory of urban pollutant loads in combined sewers has been created in Paris in order to investigate wet weather pollutant loads at different spatial scales...
- Excess deaths during the August 2003 heat wave in Paris, France
Atelier Parisien de Santé Publique, Service de santé publique et d épidémiologie, Hopital Bicetre, 82, rue du General Leclerc, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 54:127-35. 2006
During the August 2003 heat wave in France, almost 15,000 excess deaths were recorded. Paris was severely affected, with an excess death rate of 141%...
- Childhood tuberculosis in a low-income Paris suburb: lessons from a resurgence brought under control
L De Pontual
Department of Paediatrics, Jean Verdier Teaching Hospital, Bondy, France
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 8:976-81. 2004
..Few series of paediatric tuberculosis (TB) have been reported in the last 20 years...
- High prevalence of Mycoplasma genitalium in the lower genitourinary tract of women attending a sexually transmitted disease clinic in Paris, France
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, University Paris VII, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Sex Transm Dis 29:353-9. 2002
..This study attempted to investigate further the possible role of M genitalium in genital symptoms of women attending a sexually transmitted disease (STD) clinic...
- Mothers' knowledge of screening for trisomy 21 in 1999: a survey in Paris maternity units
C De Vigan
Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal and Women s Health, INSERM U149, Paris, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 104:14-20. 2002
..To assess mothers' knowledge of screening tests for trisomy 21...
- Human herpesvirus 8 seroprevalence in an STD clinic in Paris: a study of 512 patients
STD Clinic, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Sex Transm Dis 29:698-702. 2002
..GOAL The goal was to study HHV-8 seroprevalence in patients attending a sexually transmitted disease (STD) clinic and to search for predictive factors of HHV-8 seropositivity...
- Psychiatric disorders in Sardinian immigrants to Paris: a comparison with Parisians and Sardinians resident in Sardinia
M G Carta
Department of Public Health, University of Cagliari, Italy
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 37:112-7. 2002
..the prevalence of ICD-10 psychiatric disorders in a community sample of subjects of Sardinian origin resident in Paris (here "immigrants"), of the general Parisian population ("Parisians") and of Sardinians ..
- Assessment of river contamination by estrogenic compounds in Paris area (France)
Laboratoire Santé Publique Environnement, EA 3542, Université Paris XI Faculté de Pharmacie, 5 Rue Jean Baptiste Clement, 92 296 Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
Sci Total Environ 324:55-66. 2004
..by EDCs, we chose to examine estrogenic potential of WWTP influents, effluents and receiving waters in Paris and its suburbs...
- [Prospective evaluation of the effects of a practical introduction to urology session on the recruitment of urology intern in Paris: final results]
Services d Urologie et de transplantation renale, Hôpital Pitié Salpétrière et Tenon, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Paris VI, Paris, France
Prog Urol 17:240-4. 2007
..To evaluate the effects of a practical introduction to urology session on the recruitment of Parisian interns since introduction of the National Classifying Examination...
- Microbiology of otitis media in the Paris, France, area from 1987 to 1997
Service ORL, Hĵpital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 20:570-3. 2001
..To investigate epidemiologic trends in the bacteriology of acute otitis media, data were recorded during a 10-year period by the same group of investigators during clinical studies in pediatric outpatients...
- [Epidemiology of tuberculosis in Ile-de-France in 2001]
Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint Maurice, France
Rev Mal Respir 21:272-8. 2004
..However in the Ile-de-France (which includes Paris and its suburbs) high population density, social deprivation and large numbers of immigrants result in the region ..
- [Hemorrhage after radiosurgery of cerebral arteriovenous malformations]
Service de Neurochirurgie, Centre Hospitalier Sainte-Anne, rue Cabanis, 75674 Paris Cedex 14
Neurochirurgie 47:336-43. 2001
..CONCLUSIONS: Post-radiosurgery hemorrhages are often sum of hemorrhage risk factors of the cerebral arteriovenous malformation and factors predicting low rate of obliteration. They can be in some cases foreseen but rarely avoided...
- Increasing rates of quinolone-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae in Paris, France
Department of Dermatology, UPRES1833 Centre national de reference de la Syphilis, Paris, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 21:818-21. 2007
..Quinolone-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae (QRNG) rates are increasing worldwide...
- [Charles-Henri Fialon (1846-1933), creator of the Museum of the Faculty of Pharmacy of Paris. His family and professional life]
Rev Hist Pharm (Paris) 52:545-58. 2004
Henri Fialon was pharmacist in 1871, and worked in the family apothecary, at Rueil near Paris. At 46 years, he stopped his pharmaceutical activity, and livre quietly, being specially interested by the ancient pharmaceutical pots...
- [The Italian contributions to the history of salicylates]
Unità di Emaferesi, Servizio Immunotrasfusionale, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova
Reumatismo 58:66-75. 2006
..to current knowledge of the salicylates: Raffaele Piria in 1838, while working as a research fellow in Paris, extracted the chemical compound salicylic acid, and Cesare Bertagnini in 1855 published a detailed description of ..
- [The evolution of the vocational training of apothecaries and the pharmacists through the << Salle des Actes>> of the faculty of pharmacy of Paris]
Rev Hist Pharm (Paris) 53:385-402. 2005
The visit of la <<Salle des Actes>> of the faculty of pharmacy of Paris brings important knowledge on the evolution of the vocational training of the apothecaries and the pharmacists during nearly five centuries...
- Evaluation of a model for efficient screening of tuberculosis contact subjects
Service de Pediatrie, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Creteil, Creteil, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:1041-7. 2008
..Contact tracing is an important component of tuberculosis (TB) control programs. Standardization of contact investigation protocols can make them more efficient...
- A clinical trial of mupirocin in the eradication of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nasal carriage in a digestive disease unit
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Hopital Albert Chenevier, Creteil, France
J Hosp Infect 52:281-7. 2002
..0017). This study did not show a change in the prevalence rate of infection in the unit during treatment with mupirocin. This treatment should only be attempted once due to the risk of emergence of high-level resistant strains...
- [Jacques Clarion (1776-1844), professor of l'Ecole de pharmacie de Paris]
Rev Hist Pharm (Paris) 54:295-306. 2006
Engaged in military campaigns from 1793 to 1797, he then studied medicine in Paris, as well as pharmacy, specialised in chemistry and botany. Supported by Deyeux and Corvisart, he was nominated as pharmacist of the emperor...
- The Pasteur Hospital as an element of Emile Roux's anti-diphtheria apparatus (1890-1914)
Centre de Recherches historiques, Institut Pasteur, Paris
Dynamis 27:83-106. 2007
..Pasteur, which was constructed near the research laboratories and also incorporated production centres outside Paris in Marnes-la-Coquette...
- Changes in the pattern of respiratory diseases necessitating hospitalization of HIV-infected patients since the advent of highly active antiretroviral therapy
Service de Pneumologie et de Reanimation Respiratoire, AP HP Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Lung 182:331-41. 2004
..etiologies of respiratory diseases diagnosed in HIV-infected patients hospitalized in the chest department of a Paris university hospital during the three years preceding widespread prescription of HAART in France (era 1, starting ..
- The burden of respiratory viral disease in hospitalized children in Paris
Marie Joelle El-Hajje
Department of Pediatrics and Emergency, University Paris 5, Saint Vincent de Paul APHP Hospital, 75014, Paris, France
Eur J Pediatr 167:435-6. 2008
..A virus was identified in 464 out of 1,212 patients, 8 days to 16 years of age, who were admitted to the hospital in Paris during a 3 year period...
- [The separation of Doodica and Radica]
UF Cinéma Communication Information, Universite Paris VII
Rev Prat 55:2199-201. 2005
- [The streets of Paris: the "Alexis Carrel issue"]
Marc E Weksler
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Med Sci (Paris) 20:707-9. 2004
- [History of the Academy]
Ancien Président de l Académie nationale de pharmacie
Ann Pharm Fr 63:250-5. 2005
- Legitimacy and status groups in financial markets
Sociology, University of Edinburgh
Br J Sociol 56:451-71. 2005
..I examine here the emergence and evolution of status groups of brokers in London, New York and Paris, and show how emphasis on honour was used to legitimize financial transactions...
- [The mineralogical and petrographical work of the pharmacists in the Museum]
Rev Hist Pharm (Paris) 53:403-12. 2005
Three famous pharmacists were working in the Muséum national d'histoire naturelle in Paris, in the field of earth sciences: Louis Nicolas Vauquelin (1763-1829), André Laugier (1770-1832) and Alfred Lacroix (1863-1948)...
- Paris street names
John W K Ward
J Med Biogr 12:1. 2004
- Medical street names in Paris
A H Sykes
J Med Biogr 12:51-8. 2004
In Paris, the blue enamel signs for streets named after a person also bear the dates of birth and death, and a word or two to designate the person's field of activity...
- [Legacy collections of the inter-university library of medicine in Paris]
Jean François Vincent
Service D Histoire de al Médicine, Bibliothèque Interunivertarie de Médicine et d odontologie, Paris
Rev Prat 58:690-3. 2008
- Appreciated abroad, depreciated at home. The career of a radiochemist in Norway: Ellen Gleditsch (1879-1968)
Department of Chemistry, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, N 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Isis 95:576-609. 2004
..From her many years abroad--in Marie Curie's laboratory in Paris and at Yale University in New Haven with Bertram Boltram--she became internationally acknowledged and developed an ..