Genomes and Genes
Summary: All of the continents and every country situated within, the UNITED STATES and each of the constituent states arranged by region, CANADA and each of its provinces, AUSTRALIA and each of its states, the major bodies of water and major islands on both hemispheres, and selected major cities. Although the geographic locations are not printed in INDEX MEDICUS as main headings, in indexing they are significant in epidemiologic studies and historical articles and for locating administrative units in education and the delivery of health care.
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- Seroprevalence of Trypanosoma cruzi among eleven potential reservoir species from six states across the southern United StatesEmily L Brown
Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 10:757-63. 2010..greater than those for opossums; however, seroprevalences of raccoons and opossums from several geographic locations in Georgia and Florida were not different, indicating that exposure rates of these two species are similar ..
- Common antiviral cytotoxic t-lymphocyte epitope for diverse arenavirusesM B Oldstone
Division of Virology, Department of Neuropharmacology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Virol 75:6273-8. 2001Members of the Arenaviridae family have been isolated from mammalian hosts in disparate geographic locations, leading to their grouping as Old World types (i.e...
- [Genetic evaluation for rifampicin-susceptibility of Mycobacterium tuberculosis]H Ohno
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 71:323-8. 1997..in rpoB gene of clinically isolated Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains, collected from different geographic locations within Japan...
- GeoSentinel: the global emerging infections sentinel network of the International Society of Travel MedicineD O Freedman
Division of Geographic Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Travel Med 6:94-8. 1999..Diagnoses are entered either as specific etiologies or as syndromes and are then linked to geographic locations, reference dates, and clinical presentations...
- Molecular evidence for Bartonella spp. in cat and dog fleas from Germany and FranceF T Just
Institute for Comparative Tropical Medicine and Parasitology, Veterinary Faculty, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany
Zoonoses Public Health 55:514-20. 2008Nine hundred and fifty-two fleas were collected from 148 cats and 133 dogs at 18 widely distributed geographic locations in Germany and France and examined for the presence of six different Bartonella spp...
- Molecular diversity of methanogens in feedlot cattle from Ontario and Prince Edward Island, CanadaAndre Denis G Wright
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:4206-10. 2007..methanogens in feedlot cattle and the composition of the methanogen populations in these animals from two geographic locations were investigated using 16S rRNA gene libraries prepared from pooled PCR products from 10 animals in ..
- Stonewall Jackson's woundsT R Layton
Naples Community Hospital, FL, USA
J Am Coll Surg 183:514-24. 1996..In addition, a site visit was made to examine the actual geographic locations where the events surrounding General Jackson's wounding occurred...
- Subgingival microbiota of chronic periodontitis subjects from different geographic locationsA D Haffajee
Department of Periodontology, The Forsyth Institute, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Periodontol 31:996-1002. 2004..The purpose of the present investigation was to examine the composition of the subgingival microbiota in chronic periodontitis subjects from four countries...
- Antigenic relationship of turkey coronavirus isolates from different geographic locations in the United StatesTsang Long Lin
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology and Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 1175, USA
Avian Dis 46:466-72. 2002..The results indicated that the TCV isolates from these geographic locations in the U.S. shared close antigenicity and were antigenically related to IBV.
- Plasmids of the pRM/pRF family occur in diverse Rickettsia speciesGerald D Baldridge
Department of Entomology, University of Minnesota, 1980 Folwell Ave, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:645-52. 2008..R. peacockii and four isolates of R. amblyommii from widely separated geographic locations contained plasmids that comigrated with pRM during pulsed-field gel electrophoresis and larger plasmids ..
- Genetic diversity among strains of Moraxella catarrhalis: analysis using multiple DNA probes and a single-locus PCR-restriction fragment length polymorphism methodE S Walker
James H Quillen Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, USA
J Clin Microbiol 36:1977-83. 1998..analyses of multilocus SB and single locus PCR-RFLP data showed high genetic diversity within and across geographic locations and clinical presentations...
- [Divergence of VP7 gene and VP4 gene variable regions of G1 rotaviruses isolated from different geographic locations around the world]Q Jin
National Lab of Molecular Virology and Genetic Engineering, Beijing 100052
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 11:3-7. 1997..the VP7 gene and VP4 gene variable regions of 36 G1 rotavirus community strains collected from different geographic locations worldwide...
- Bioaccumulation of arsenic in marine fish and invertebrates from Alaska and CaliforniaJames P Meador
Northwest Fisheries Science Center, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 2725 Montlake Blvd East, Seattle, Washington 98112, USA
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 47:223-33. 2004..examine arsenic concentrations and patterns of bioaccumulation in fish and potential prey species from two geographic locations. Flathead sole were collected from four sites in the Gulf of Alaska and white croaker and English sole were ..
- Delivery of pediatric after-hours care by call centers: a multicenter study of parental perceptions and complianceA Kempe
Department of Pediatrics at University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Pediatrics 108:E111. 2001....
- Syndrome--a changing conceptS Jablonski
National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland
Bull Med Libr Assoc 80:323-7. 1992..the names of literary characters, patients' surnames, subjects of famous paintings, famous persons, geographic locations, institutions, biblical figures, and mythological characters...
- Community structure of denitrifiers, bacteria, and archaea along redox gradients in Pacific Northwest marine sediments by terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis of amplified nitrite reductase (nirS) and 16S rRNA genesG Braker
Center for Microbial Ecology, 540 Plant and Soil Sciences Building, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 1325, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:1893-901. 2001..explore the underlying communities of denitrifiers, Bacteria, and Archaea along redox gradients at distant geographic locations, nitrite reductase (nirS) genes and bacterial and archaeal 16S rRNA genes (rDNAs) were PCR amplified and ..
- Medical students' exposure to and attitudes about drug company interactions: a national surveyFrederick S Sierles
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science The Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, Ill 60064, USA
JAMA 294:1034-42. 2005..While exposure to and attitudes about drug company interactions among residents have been studied extensively, relatively little is known about relationships between drug companies and medical students...
- Evaluation of four commercially available rapid serologic tests for diagnosis of leptospirosisMary D Bajani
Meningitis and Special Pathogens Branch, Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Clin Microbiol 41:803-9. 2003..A panel of 276 sera from 133 cases of leptospirosis from four different geographic locations was tested as well as 642 sera from normal individuals or individuals with other infectious or autoimmune ..
- Diagnostic specificity of a real-time RT-PCR in cattle for foot-and-mouth disease and swine for foot-and-mouth disease and classical swine fever based on non-invasive specimen collectionG T Fosgate
Departments of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Vet Microbiol 132:158-64. 2008..One thousand and eighty-eight range beef cattle were sampled from thirteen geographic locations throughout Texas. One thousand and one hundred market hogs and cull sows were sampled...
- Molecular genetic profiles among individual Clonorchis sinensis adults collected from cats in two geographic regions of China revealed by RAPD and MGE-PCR methodsDe Hua Lai
Center for Parasitic Organisms, State Key Laboratory of Biocontrol, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen Zhongshan University, Guangzhou 510275, PR China
Acta Trop 107:213-6. 2008..In the present study, individual adults of C. sinensis were collected from cats in two geographic locations (Guangdong province in the South and Heilongjiang province in the North) of China and 44 of them were ..
- Virulence potential of Group A streptococci isolated from throat cultures of children from north IndiaV Dhanda
School of Public Health, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Indian J Med Res 133:674-80. 2011..This could be due to variation in the virulence of GAS in different geographic locations. Hence, we studied the virulence potential of GAS isolated from the throat of children from north India.
- Genetic diversity of rhizobial symbionts isolated from legume species within the genera Astragalus, Oxytropis, and OnobrychisG Laguerre
Laboratoire de Microbiologie des Sols, Centre de Microbiologie du Sol et de L Environnement, INRA, Dijon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 63:4748-58. 1997..originating from different geographic locations was evaluated by mapped restriction site polymorphism (MRSP) analysis of 16S rRNA genes and by PCR DNA ..
- Geographic access to care is not a determinant of child mortality in a rural Kenyan setting with high health facility densityJennifer C Moïsi
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
BMC Public Health 10:142. 2010..Distance to health facilities is a known determinant of health care utilization and may drive inequalities in health outcomes; we aimed to investigate its effects on childhood mortality...
- Antibiogram and coagulase diversity in staphylococcal enterotoxin-producing Staphylococcus aureus from bovine mastitisJ S Moon
Department of Bacteriology, National Veterinary Research and Quarantine Service, Anyang, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
J Dairy Sci 90:1716-24. 2007..8%). More than 4 Staph. aureus types were isolated from each of 82 dairy farms in different geographic locations, and only 1 coagulase genotype pattern was observed in 39 of the herds (47.6%)...
- Chromosomal variation and genome size support existence of cryptic species of Triatoma dimidiata with different epidemiological importance as Chagas disease vectorsF Panzera
Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de la Republica, Montevideo, Uruguay
Trop Med Int Health 11:1092-103. 2006..The three cytotypes are restricted to different geographic locations. Cytotype 1 occurs in Mexico (excluding Yucatán), Guatemala (excluding Petén), El Salvador and Colombia...
- Polycystic ovary syndrome in the Indian SubcontinentGautam N Allahbadia
The Prince Aly Khan Hospital IVF Center and The Aesculap Academy Asia, Pacific Center For Minimally Invasive Surgery, Training and Research, Mazgaon, Mumbai, India
Semin Reprod Med 26:22-34. 2008..Irrespective of geographic locations, a rapidly increasing prevalence of polycystic ovarian insulin resistance syndrome, excess body fat, ..
- Molecular typing of isolates of Rickettsia rickettsii by use of DNA sequencing of variable intergenic regionsSandor E Karpathy
Rickettsial Zoonoses Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:2545-53. 2007..to a collection of 38 different isolates collected from humans, animals, and tick vectors from different geographic locations. Serotypes 364D, from Dermacentor occidentalis ticks, and Hlp, from Haemaphysalis leporispalustris ticks, ..
- Cryptosporidiosis in Saudi Arabia and neighboring countriesMohammed Y Areeshi
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
Ann Saudi Med 27:325-32. 2007..from 1% to 37% with a median of 4%, while in animals it was different for different species of animals and geographic locations of the studies...
- Paracoccus yeeii sp. nov. (formerly CDC group EO-2), a novel bacterial species associated with human infectionMaryam I Daneshvar
Meningitis and Special Pathogens Branch, Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Clin Microbiol 41:1289-94. 2003..Molecular studies were performed on a set of 13 EO-2 strains from various clinical sources and geographic locations in the United States and Canada to determine their relationship to the Paracoccus genus...
- [Survey on the focus of Angiostrongylus cantonensis in Guangdong Province]Zhuo hui Deng
Center for Disease Control and Prevention of Guangdong Province, Guangzhou 510300, China
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 28:12-6. 2010..To understand the distribution of Angiostrongylus cantonensis foci in Guangdong Province for making surveillance program...
- A bioarcheological study of maxillary sinusitisCharlotte A Roberts
Department of Archaeology, Durham University, Durham DH1 3LE, UK
Am J Phys Anthropol 133:792-807. 2007..skeletal samples were examined from North America, England, and Nubia, and selected to represent different geographic locations, environments, and subsistence economies. Frequency rates varied from 17.2 to 51...
- Spatial and spatio-temporal clustering of overall and serovar-specific Leptospira microscopic agglutination test (MAT) seropositivity among dogs in the United States from 2000 through 2007Raju Gautam
Department of Comparative Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, 725 Harrison Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2027, United States
Prev Vet Med 96:122-31. 2010..001-0.048 and RR=3.98-24.69) that covered different geographic locations for different time points...
- Very low microsatellite polymorphism and large heterozygote deficits suggest founder effects and cryptic structure in the parasite Perkinsus olseniRoman Vilas
Departamento de Xenética, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Facultade de Veterinaria, Campus de Lugo, 27002 Lugo, Spain
Infect Genet Evol 11:904-11. 2011..were used to characterize 130 clonal cultures of Perkinsus olseni derived from 30 clams from six different geographic locations. Only two loci were polymorphic in the four populations studied from Spanish coast (mean sample size = 31...
- Development of differential RT-PCR assays and molecular characterization of the complete VP1 gene of five strains of very virulent infectious bursal disease virusS Ashraf
Food Animal Health Research Program, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University, 1680 Madison Avenue, Wooster, OH 44691, USA
Avian Dis 51:935-41. 2007..the specificity of primer set 2 for the vvIBDVs, 20 field samples suspected to be vvIBDVs from different geographic locations around the world were tested...
- On the etiology of tropical spastic paraparesis and human T-cell lymphotropic virus-I-associated myelopathyV Zaninovic
Emeritus Professor, Clinical Neurology, School of Medicine, Valle University, Cali, Colombia
Int J Infect Dis 3:168-76. 1999..Environmental factors and geographic locations appear to be critical factors...
- Development and evaluation of an open source software tool for deidentification of pathology reportsBruce A Beckwith
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 6:12. 2006..Finally, individual words are compared with a database of proper names and geographic locations. Pathology reports from three institutions were used to design and test the algorithms...
- Rapid identification of thermotolerant Campylobacter jejuni, Campylobacter coli, Campylobacter lari, and Campylobacter upsaliensis from various geographic locations by a GTPase-based PCR-reverse hybridization assayL J van Doorn
Delft Diagnostic Laboratory, Delft, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 37:1790-6. 1999..In conclusion, a simple method has been developed for rapid and highly specific identification of thermotolerant Campylobacter species...
- Comparative molecular characterization of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis of different originL R Costa
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Vet Microbiol 62:135-43. 1998..horses, 1 from cattle, 3 from sheep and 5 from goats) derived from various types of lesions, and different geographic locations. According to the presence of nitrate reductase, all but one isolate from horses reduced nitrate (nitrate-..
- Occurrence of periodontopathic and superinfecting bacteria in chronic and aggressive periodontitis subjects in a Colombian populationJavier Enrique Botero
Periodontal Medicine Group, University of Valle, Cali, Colombia
J Periodontol 78:696-704. 2007Differences in the composition of subgingival microbiota in periodontitis have been observed in different geographic locations. Some of these microbial differences could have clinical significance...
- Regulatory phenotyping reveals important diversity within the species Lactococcus lactisHerwig Bachmann
NIZO Food Research, 6710 BA Ede, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:5687-94. 2009..All other cultures originated from (fermented) plant materials and were isolated at different geographic locations. Correlation analysis of specific enzyme activities revealed significantly different regulatory phenotypes ..
- Spatial analysis of the etiology of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis among 1991 Gulf War veteransMarie Lynn Miranda
Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Neurotoxicology 29:964-70. 2008..Veterans of the 1991 Gulf War have an increased risk of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), but the etiology is unknown...
- Microbial community analysis of two field-scale sulfate-reducing bioreactors treating mine drainageSage R Hiibel
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Environ Microbiol 10:2087-97. 2008..The two bioreactors were well suited for this study because their geographic locations and substrate compositions were similar while the characteristics of influent AMD, configuration and degree ..
- Southern tomato virus: The link between the families Totiviridae and PartitiviridaeSead Sabanadzovic
Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology, Mississippi State University, MS 39762, USA
Virus Res 140:130-7. 2009..5 kb was isolated from field and greenhouse-grown tomato plants of different cultivars and geographic locations in North America...
- Characterization of Helicobacter felis by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis, plasmid profiling and ribotypingK Jalava
Department of Food and Environmental Hygiene, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland
Helicobacter 4:17-27. 1999..H. felis has not yet been studied at the genetic level...
- Geographic variability of Escherichia coli ribotypes from animals in Idaho and GeorgiaPeter G Hartel
Dep of Crop and Soil Sciences, Univ of Georgia, Athens 30602 7272, USA
J Environ Qual 31:1273-8. 2002..The percentage of ribotype sharing within an animal species increased with decreased distance between geographic locations for cattle and horses, but not for swine and chicken. When the E...
- Prevalence of selected bacterial named species and uncultivated phylotypes in endodontic abscesses from two geographic locationsIsabela N Rôças
Estacio de Sa University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Endod 32:1135-8. 2006..10 selected candidate endodontic pathogens in samples of acute apical abscesses obtained from two distinct geographic locations; Portland, OR, and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil...
- Compliance with breast-conservation standards for patients with early-stage breast carcinomaJulia White
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Cancer 97:893-904. 2003....
- Inferring from the Cyt B gene the Triatoma brasiliensis Neiva, 1911 (Hemiptera: Reduviidae: Triatominae) genetic structure and domiciliary infestation in the state of Paraíba, BrazilCarlos Eduardo Almeida
Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Am J Trop Med Hyg 78:791-802. 2008The Triatoma brasiliensis genetic structure was analyzed using the Cyt B gene in different geographic locations and ecotopes after a short and long period after insecticide treatment...
- Quality assessment of cortex cinnamomi by HPLC chemical fingerprint, principle component analysis and cluster analysisJie Yang
Department of Chinese Materia Medica Analysis, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China
J Sep Sci 30:1276-83. 2007..The fingerprint of CC was developed and validated by analyzing 30 samples of CC from different species and geographic locations. Seventeen chromatographic peaks were selected as characteristic peaks and their relative peak areas (RPA) ..
- Evolutionary relationships among Ascochyta species infecting wild and cultivated hosts in the legume tribes Cicereae and VicieaeT L Peever
Department of Plant Pathology, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6430, USA
Mycologia 99:59-77. 2007..sativum), lentil (Lens culinaris), faba bean (Vicia faba) and chickpea (Cicer arietinum) from diverse geographic locations each had identical or similar sequences at all loci...
- Comparative studies on pheno- and genotypic properties of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from bovine subclinical mastitis in central Java in Indonesia and Hesse in GermanySiti Isrina Oktavia Salasia
Clinical Pathology Department, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Gadjah Mada University, Jl Olah Raga, Yogyakarta 55281, Indonesia
J Vet Sci 5:103-9. 2004..study, 35 Staphylococcal strain isolated from milk samples of 16 cows from eight farms of three different geographic locations in Central Java, Indonesia, and from milk samples of 19 cows from 19 farms of different geographic ..
- Antibacterial activity of marine culturable bacteria collected from a global sampling of ocean surface waters and surface swabs of marine organismsLone Gram
National Institute of Aquatic Resources, Technical University of Denmark, Søltofts Plads Building 221, 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 12:439-51. 2010..Five hundred and nineteen strains representing all samples and geographic locations were identified on the basis of partial 16S rRNA gene sequence homology and belonged to three major groups: ..
- Low frequency of Helicobacter DNA in benign and malignant liver tissues from Baltimore, United StatesPerumal Vivekanandan
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Hum Pathol 39:213-6. 2008Helicobacter DNA has been reported in hepatocellular carcinoma tissues in several studies from varying geographic locations, raising the possibility that Helicobacter infection may contribute to the pathogenesis of hepatocellular ..
- The effects of temperature, pH and sulphide on the community structure of hyperthermophilic streamers in hot springs of northern ThailandDiane Purcell
Division of Biology and NERC Centre for Population Biology, Imperial College London, Ascot, Berkshire, UK
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 60:456-66. 2007..Diversity appeared significantly greater than that observed for several other geographic locations. Phylotypes belonging to the Aquificales were ubiquitous, further supporting the hypothesis that these ..
- Genome dynamics of Bartonella grahamii in micro-populations of woodland rodentsEva C Berglund
Department of Moleculcar Evolution, Norbyvagen 18C, S 75236 Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Genomics 11:152. 2010..The sequence variability within the global B. grahamii population was recently investigated by multi locus sequence typing, but no study on the variability of putative host-cell interaction systems has been performed...
- Identification of new single nucleotide polymorphism-based markers for inter- and intraspecies discrimination of obligate bacterial parasites (Pasteuria spp.) of invertebratesTim H Mauchline
Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:6388-94. 2011Protein-encoding and 16S rRNA genes of Pasteuria penetrans populations from a wide range of geographic locations were examined. Most interpopulation single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) were detected in the 16S rRNA gene...
- Microsatellite markers reveal high genetic diversity in date palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.) germplasm from SudanSakina Elshibli
Department of Applied Biology, University of Helsinki, P O Box 27, 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Genetica 134:251-60. 2008..This suggests the need for further investigation on the genetic diversity of Sudanese date palm germplasm. A deeper insight will be revealed by a detailed analysis of populations originating from different geographic locations.
- Multilocus sequence typing reveals that the population structure of Candida dubliniensis is significantly less divergent than that of Candida albicansBrenda A McManus
Microbiology Research Unit, Division of Oral Biosciences, Dublin Dental School and Hospital, Trinity College Dublin, University of Dublin, Dublin 2, Republic of Ireland
J Clin Microbiol 46:652-64. 2008..dubliniensis isolates from diverse geographic locations, including representative isolates from the previously identified three Cd25-defined major clades and the ..
- Influences of biological variables and geographic location on circulating concentrations of thyroid hormones in wild bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus)Patricia A Fair
NOAA s Ocean Service, Center for Coastal Environmental Health and Biomolecular Research, 219 Fort Johnson Road, Charleston, SC 29412 9110, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 174:184-94. 2011..Results from this study highlight the importance of establishing reference values for dolphins in different geographic locations to support valid comparisons...
- Effect of temperature on life history parameters of adult Culicoides sonorensis (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae) in relation to geographic origin and vectorial capacity for bluetongue virusT J Lysyk
Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Lethbridge, AB, Canada T1J 4B1
J Med Entomol 44:741-51. 2007..in adult Culicoides sonorensis (Wirth & Jones) (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae) that originated from two geographic locations. Flies originating from the United States (Colorado) had slightly reduced survival after a bloodmeal ..
- Recent Southeast Asian domestication and Lapita dispersal of sacred male pseudohermaphroditic "tuskers" and hairless pigs of VanuatuJ Koji Lum
Department of Anthropology, Laboratory of Evolutionary Anthropology and Health, Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY 13902 6000, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:17190-5. 2006Recent analyses of global pig populations revealed strict correlations between mtDNA phylogenies and geographic locations. An exception was the monophyletic "Pacific clade" (PC) of pigs not previously linked to any specific location...
- Evaluation of nonpolar metabolites in plant extracts by 13C NMR spectroscopyMartina Palomino-Schätzlein
Servicio de Resonancia Magnetica Nuclear, Centro de Investigacion Principe Felipe, Avenida Autopista del Saler 16, 46012 Valencia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 59:11407-16. 2011..Furthermore, an exhaustive analysis of Euphorbia characias leaf and stem extracts from different geographic locations allowed that quantitative (13)C NMR spectroscopy is a suitable tool for metabolic profiling purpose.
- Bacterial efflux pumps involved in multidrug resistance and their inhibitors: rejuvinating the antimicrobial chemotherapyAshima K Bhardwaj
Department of Human Health and Diseases, Indian Institute of Advanced Research, Koba Institutional Area, Gandhinagar 382 007, Gujarat, India
Recent Pat Antiinfect Drug Discov 7:73-89. 2012..have been reported to play vital roles in mediating multidrug resistance in clinical isolates from varied geographic locations and varied populations, the inhibition of efflux pumps appears to be an attractive approach to combat the ..
- Blubber morphology in wild bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus) from the Southeastern United States: influence of geographic location, age class, and reproductive stateEric W Montie
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, Massachusetts 02543, USA
J Morphol 269:496-511. 2008..skin-blubber biopsies (N=74) were collected from dolphins during capture-release studies conducted in two geographic locations: Charleston, SC (N=38) and Indian River Lagoon, FL (N=36)...
- Evolutionary analysis of the influenza A virus M gene with comparison of the M1 and M2 proteinsT Ito
Department of Virology and Molecular Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38101 0318
J Virol 65:5491-8. 1991Phylogenetic analysis of 42 membrane protein (M) genes of influenza A viruses from a variety of hosts and geographic locations showed that these genes have evolved into at least four major host-related lineages: (i) A/Equine/prague/56, ..
- Genes of the class II and class III major histocompatibility complex are associated with typhoid fever in VietnamS J Dunstan
Department of Biochemistry, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 183:261-268. 2001..Individuals with blood culture-confirmed typhoid fever and control subjects from 2 distinct geographic locations in southern Vietnam were genotyped for HLA-DRB1 and HLA-DQB1 alleles, the gene that encodes tumor necrosis ..
- Horizontal gene transfer of an entire metabolic pathway between a eukaryotic alga and its DNA virusAdam Monier
Structural and Genomic Information Laboratory, CNRS UPR2589, Mediterranean Institute of Microbiology IFR 88, Universite de la Mediterranee, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, Marseille, France
Genome Res 19:1441-9. 2009..PCR assays indicate that these genes are prevalent in E. huxleyi and EhV strains isolated from different geographic locations. Patterns of protein and gene sequence conservation support that these genes are functional in both E...
- Autosomal dominant cerebellar ataxia: frequency analysis and clinical characterization of 45 families from PortugalJ Vale
Neurology Department, Hospital de Egas Moniz CHLO, Lisbon, Portugal
Eur J Neurol 17:124-8. 2010The relative frequency of the different autosomal dominant cerebellar ataxia (ADCA) varies widely amongst different geographic locations. Here we describe a series of 45 ADCA families from Portugal.
- Development of a tandem repeat-based multilocus typing system distinguishing Babesia bovis geographic isolatesAgustina Perez-Llaneza
Institute of Pathobiology, CICVyA, INTA Castelar, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 167:196-204. 2010..bovis reference isolates originating from distinct geographic locations of North and South America: Texas, USA (T2Bo), Mexico (RAD and Mo7), and Santa Fe and Salta, Argentina (R1A ..
- Local indicators of geocoding accuracy (LIGA): theory and applicationGeoffrey M Jacquez
BioMedware, Inc, 516 North State Street, Ann Arbor, MI, 48104 1236, USA
Int J Health Geogr 8:60. 2009Although sources of positional error in geographic locations (e.g. geocoding error) used for describing and modeling spatial patterns are widely acknowledged, research on how such error impacts the statistical results has been limited...
- Facts versus 'Feelings': how rational is the decision to become an organ donor?Susan E Morgan
Department of Communication corrected Purdue University, Beering Hall Room 2114 corrected West Lafayette, IN 47907 2098 USA
J Health Psychol 13:644-58. 2008..Structural equation modeling of data gathered from 4426 participants at six different geographic locations in the United States demonstrates that cognitive-based factors (such as knowledge about donation) are less ..
- The rickettsia: an emerging group of pathogens in fishJ L Fryer
Department of Microbiology, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331 3804, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 3:137-44. 1997..organisms has led to the discovery of rickettsial diseases among diverse species of fish from different geographic locations and aquatic environments...
- [The AIDS epidemics in Mexico up to 2008]Carlos Magis-Rodriguez
Dirección de Investigación Operativa, Centro Nacional para la Prevención y Control del VIH SIDA, Secretaria de Salud, Mexico D F, Mexico
Gac Med Mex 146:45-9. 2010..An important number of probability studies involving multiple geographic locations in Mexico and larger numbers of high-risk vulnerable populations have also been carried out, while ..
- Protective ability of antibodies against 78- and 40-kilodalton outer membrane antigens of Haemophilus somnusR P Gogolewski
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, Washington State University, Pullman 99164 7040
Infect Immun 56:2307-16. 1988..somnus isolates obtained from animals with different diseases and from different geographic locations. The specificity of the two antisera evaluated in this study was verified by (i) immunoblots in which ..
- Profile of life participation after stroke and aphasiaGloriajean L Wallace
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Top Stroke Rehabil 17:432-50. 2010..An interview was conducted with 40 individuals from diverse backgrounds and living in 2 geographic locations who had aphasia of at least 9 months...
- The influence of oceanographic fronts and early-life-history traits on connectivity among littoral fish speciesJuan A Galarza
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Hull, Hull HU6 7RX, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1473-8. 2009..of 7 littoral fish species from 6 families with a range of early-life-history traits sampled at the same geographic locations across common environmental discontinuities in the form of oceanic fronts in the Western Mediterranean...
- Mechanisms associated with cellular desiccation tolerance in the animal extremophile artemiaSteffen Hengherr
Biological Institute, Zoology, Universitat Stuttgart, Pfaffenwaldring 57, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
Physiol Biochem Zool 84:249-57. 2011..Cysts from the following three geographic locations were studied: San Francisco Bay (SFB); the Great Salt Lake, Utah (GSL); and the Mekong Delta, Vietnam (VN; ..
- Short communication: Conservation of Streptococcus uberis adhesion molecule and the sua gene in strains of Streptococcus uberis isolated from geographically diverse areasYing Yuan
Zoetis, Veterinary Medicine Research and Development VMRD, Global Therapeutic Research, 333 Portage Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007
J Dairy Sci 97:7668-73. 2014..uberis tested. These results suggest that sua is ubiquitous among strains of S. uberis isolated from diverse geographic locations and that SUAM is immunogenic.
- Isolation and characterization of intestinal Escherichia coli clones from wild boars in GermanyPeter Schierack
Institut für Mikrobiologie und Tierseuchen, Fachbereich Veterinarmedizin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:695-702. 2009..coli isolates from the jejunums, ileums, and colons of 21 wild boars hunted in five geographic locations in Germany...
- Maternal education and micro-geographic disparities in nutritional status among school-aged children in rural northwestern ChinaCuili Wang
Shandong University School of Nursing, Jinan, Shandong, China Shandong University Center for Health Management and Policy, Jinan, Shandong, China
PLoS ONE 8:e82500. 2013..We postulated its effect would also vary by micro-geographic locations (indicated by mountain areas, plain areas and the edge areas) in a Chinese minority area.
- The genetic diversity of Plasmodium malariae and Plasmodium brasilianum from human, simian and mosquito hosts in BrazilL O Guimarães
Núcleo de Estudos em Malária, Superintendência de Controle de Endemias Instituto de Medicina Tropical de São Paulo, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Trop 124:27-32. 2012..brasilianum as has been proposed in recent studies. Taken together, our data show that based on the microsatellite data there is a relatively restricted polymorphism of P. malariae parasites as opposed to other geographic locations.
- Disaster preparedness in Virginia Hospital Center-Arlington after Sept 11, 2001Kimberly A Cyganik
Cardiovascular Surgery, Inova Alexandria Hospital, 4320 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA 22304, USA
Disaster Manag Response 1:80-6. 2003..Disasters affect hospitals of all sizes and geographic locations. Health care facilities need a strong framework with which to function independently, if only for a short ..
- Anastomosis behavior differs between asymbiotic and symbiotic hyphae of Rhizophagus clarusSonia Purin
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Brazil
Mycologia 105:589-602. 2013..identical and different single spore isolates of Rhizophagus clarus from different environments and geographic locations. These isolates were genotyped with two anonymous markers of microsatellite-flanking regions...
- The impact of climate factors on the prevalence of urolithiasis in Northern TaiwanKuo Jen Lin
Department of Urology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital at Linkou, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Biomed J 37:24-30. 2014Urolithiasis is a common disease with high prevalence and recurrence. Its incidence varies in different geographic locations, and there are evidences that meteorological factors also affect urinary stone formation...
- Fit-for-purpose bioanalytical cross-validation for LC-MS/MS assays in clinical studiesXiaohui Xu
Research and Development, Bristol Myers Squibb, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
Bioanalysis 5:83-90. 2013The paradigm shift of globalized research and conducting clinical studies at different geographic locations worldwide to access broader patient populations has resulted in increased need of correlating bioanalytical results generated in ..
- Differences in prevalence of selected bacterial species in primary endodontic infections from two distinct geographic locationsJose F Siqueira
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Estacio de Sa University, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 99:641-7. 2005This study intended to compare the prevalence of 7 putative endodontic pathogens in samples of primary endodontic infections taken from patients of 2 distant geographic locations.
- Quantifying pathogen surveillance using temporal genomic dataJoseph M Chan
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
MBio 4:e00524-12. 2013..Second, current systems of detection are nonuniform, with significant gaps in certain geographic locations and animal reservoirs...
- Thrips tabaci population genetic structure and polyploidy in relation to competency as a vector of tomato spotted wilt virusAlana L Jacobson
Department of Entomology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e54484. 2013..groups and found significant genetic structuring among the four NC populations that corresponded to the geographic locations where the populations were collected...
- Climate change and range expansion of the Asian tiger mosquito (Aedes albopictus) in Northeastern USA: implications for public health practitionersIlia Rochlin
Suffolk County Vector Control, Yaphank, New York, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e60874. 2013..albopictus populations in the eastern United States. Using positive geographic locations from these areas, we modeled the potential future range expansion of Ae...
- Trace element concentration and speciation in selected urban soils in New York CityR Burt
US Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service, Lincoln, NE, USA
Environ Monit Assess 186:195-215. 2014..3 mg/kg) concentrations varying several-fold in the same soil but in different geographic locations. Relative predominance of fractions: RES (37 %) > SS/CAR (22 %) > OX (20 %) > OM/S (..
- DNA-based identification of forensically important Chrysomyinae (Diptera: Calliphoridae)J D Wells
Department of Justice Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Forensic Sci Int 120:110-5. 2001..likely to be obtained from highly degraded specimens as well as specimens collected from widely separated geographic locations. Our sequence database may be suitable for another country provided the investigator knows the local fly ..
- Microbial diversity and heterogeneity in sandy subsurface soilsJizhong Zhou
Environmental Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:1723-34. 2004..Principal component analysis revealed that samples from different geographic locations were well separated and that samples from the same location were closely grouped together...
- Two kinds of sex ratio distorters in a moth, Ostrinia scapulalisDaisuke Kageyama
Laboratory of Applied Entomology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
Genome 46:974-82. 2003..female-biased sex ratio traits (SR traits) in a moth, Ostrinia scapulalis (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) from six geographic locations in Japan. A small proportion (8.3%) of females showed the SR trait...
- Relative lack of clinical disease among household contacts of tuberculosis patients compared to leprosy householdsS Dissanayake
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, UAE University, PO Box 17666, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 98:156-64. 2004..These data show that in populations of comparable socio-economic, environmental and geographic locations, tuberculosis and leprosy show very different transmission patterns...
- Genetic diversity in a Bacillus anthracis historical collection (1954 to 1988)David Sue
Bacterial Zoonoses Branch, Division of Foodborne, Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Zoonotic, Vector Borne and Enteric Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:1777-82. 2007..anthracis isolates collected from the 1950s to the 1980s from various geographic locations and sources. We sequenced the pagA gene of 124 diverse B...
- Parents' evaluation of developmental status: how well do parents' concerns identify children with behavioral and emotional problems?Frances Page Glascoe
Vanderbilt University, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 42:133-8. 2003..Sites included various pediatric settings, public schools, and Head Start programs in 5 diverse geographic locations. Subjects were representative of U.S...
- Analysis of bulimic symptomatology across age and geographic locationsMarisol Perez
Texas A and M University, Department of Psychology, 230 Psychology Building, College Station, TX 77845 4235, USA
Eat Behav 8:136-42. 2007..There were differences across geographic locations on bulimic symptoms, such that the South Atlantic (NC, VA) states reported the most bulimic symptoms...
- The immunomodulatory and anticancer properties of propolisGodfrey Chi Fung Chan
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, LKS Faculty of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, People Republic of China
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 44:262-73. 2013..The composition of propolis can vary according to the geographic locations from where the bees obtained the ingredients...
- Prognostic testing in uveal melanoma by transcriptomic profiling of fine needle biopsy specimensMichael D Onken
Box 8096, 660 South Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63124, USA
J Mol Diagn 8:567-73. 2006..This method can be applied to specimens obtained from distant geographic locations and can stratify uveal melanoma patients based on metastatic risk.
- Effect of crop rotation distance on populations of Colorado potato beetle (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae): development of areawide Colorado potato beetle pest management strategiesDeana L Sexson
Department of Entomology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1575 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Econ Entomol 98:716-24. 2005..able to maximize their rotational distances by coordinating their rotational schemes within large areawide, geographic locations. Deploying long-distance rotations within a geographic area over many years would limit Colorado potato ..
- Infectious hypodermal and hematopoietic necrosis virus from Brazil: Sequencing, comparative analysis and PCR detectionDouglas C D Silva
Laboratório de Biologia Molecular Aplicada LAPLIC, Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, RN, Brazil
Virus Res 189:136-46. 2014..Comparisons among genomes from different geographic locations reveal 31 nucleotide regions that are 100% similar, distributed throughout the genome...
- Theiler?s virus as a potential cause of Vilyuisk encephalitisHOWARD LEE LIPTON; Fiscal Year: 2010..designated Saffold viruses (SafV) in children with respiratory and diarrheal diseases from separate geographic locations in North America and four other continents indicate that theiloviruses are global in distribution and ..
- 2009 Spirochetes, Biology ofDavid A Haake; Fiscal Year: 2010..A broad spectrum of scientists representing different research interests, geographic locations, and seniority will be invited to attend...
- Age-specific and age-standardized breast cancer subtype incidence and disparitiesJoan E Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to determine how these metrics vary between races (AAs vs EAs) and geographic locations, and are impacted by inclusion of socioeconomic status (SES) indicators...
- Developing the Autism Model of Implementation for ASD Community ProvidersAmy Drahota; Fiscal Year: 2013..effectiveness, generalizability, and sustainability of the AMI across various ASD agencies and geographic locations. Background and Significance...
- t(8;21) and SON in Blood Cell Proliferation and DifferentiationDong Er Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..is reported in 8-20% cases of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) depending on the genetic background and geographic locations of the population, which makes it one of the most common translocations associated with AML...
- Environmental Changes and Health Outcomes across 25 Years: Four US CitiesPenny Gordon-Larsen; Fiscal Year: 2013..c) transportation infrastructure that will be contemporaneously linked to CARDIA respondents'geographic locations over 25 years;and 2) Using this unique data source, estimate the effects of introductions, renovations, and ..
- CHRONOBIOLOGIC MARKERS FOR LAB MEDICINE AND THERAPYFranz Halberg; Fiscal Year: 2012..1) in Minnesota and in several other geographic locations, in the absence of a 1-year synchronized component...
- Yellow Fever/Dengue Virus Competence in Aedes aegypt aegypti/formosus in SenegalWilliam C Black; Fiscal Year: 2013..Curiously, our data and a recent publication suggest continuous gene flow across all geographic locations and subspecies in Senegal...
- Church-based Community Diabetes Education Targeting Underserved African AmericansKATHRYN W HOSIG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Three churches in each of eight geographic locations will be randomly assigned to one of three conditions: DwDVA, DwDV+ (plus monthly support groups) or delayed ..
- Geospatial clustering and molecular and social epidemiology of drug resistant TBKaren R Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2013..TB in the Western Cape Province, South Africa, and assess the heterogeneity of disease burden in different geographic locations;2) To examine the association of host risk factors and population determinants with regions of high drug ..
- Epigenomics Data Analysis and Coordination Center at Baylor College of MedicineAleksandar Milosavljevic; Fiscal Year: 2013..of collaborating institutions and multi-disciplinary groups in the field of epigenomics working across geographic locations. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Epigenomics is the study of heritable or stable changes in human cells that are ..
- Impacts of Human Movement on Regional Strain Distribution of Diarrheagenic E.coliKaren Levy; Fiscal Year: 2013..The approach will provide a model for how to integrate molecular, epidemiological, and social data to understand the transmission of infectious diseases that can be applied broadly across disease systems and geographic locations.
- Multi-method Evaluation of Physician Group Incentive Programs for PCMH TransitionCHRISTOPHER GRIFFITHS WISE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because of the wide range of independent practices of varying structure, demographics, and geographic locations participating in this collaboration, the lessons learned from this study will provide greater external ..
- Add Health Parent Study: Phase IVINCENT JOSEPH HOTZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..data from blood spot and saliva specimens and a blood pressure monitor, genetic data from DNA, and geographic locations for spatial data...
- Genomic Approaches to Improve Transfusion Therapy in SCD PatientsMarion E Reid; Fiscal Year: 2010..patients with simple or no Rh antibodies and from unrelated African American donors residing in the same geographic locations as the patients...
- The North American Mesothelioma ConsortiumHarvey Ira Pass; Fiscal Year: 2013..be immediately performed since the NAMC has access through the NYU Archives to over 287 MM/107 normal mesothelium fresh frozen tissues, 339 MM sera, and 797 asbestos-exposed sera from three different geographic locations.
- MACHINE LEARNING TO FORECAST ZOONOTIC DISEASE EMERGENCEBarbara A Han; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ultimately, research proposed herein will provide a basis for predicting the geographic locations, infectious agents, and animal reservoirs from which future zoonoses will emerge.
- Developing an in vitro system for HCV propagationRatna Ray; Fiscal Year: 2009..Distinct genotypes and subtypes of HCV exist in different geographic locations. Infection with HCV genotype 1 (subtypes a and b) is prevalent in the USA, and is relatively resistant to ..
- Hospital Volume for Orofacial Cleft Repair and Risk of ComplicationsJacqueline R Starr; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, centralization could further concentrate providers in a limited number of geographic locations, potentially worsening access to cleft care...
- Older Drug Users: A Life Course Study of Turning Points in Drug Use and InjectionMIRIAM W BOERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..risk behaviors, routes of administration, social roles, networks, support, policies, settings, and geographic locations, imbedded in a life course perspective;(3) To build Dynamic Bayesian Networks that best model the static ..
- GORDON CONFERENCE--BIOLOGY OF THE SPIROCHETESJANIS WEIS; Fiscal Year: 2002..A broad spectrum of scientists representing different research interests, geographic locations, and seniority will be invited to attend...
- GORDON CONFERENCE: BIOLOGY OF THE SPIROCHETESJANIS WEIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..A broad spectrum of scientists of representing different research interests, geographic locations, and seniority will be invited to attend...
- International Leptospirosis Society Meeting 2013David A Haake; Fiscal Year: 2013..A broad spectrum of scientists representing different research interests, geographic locations, and seniority will be invited to attend...
- Metals in Hair and Child Neurobehavioral DevelopmentCheryl R Stein; Fiscal Year: 2012..Environmental manganese and arsenic are elevated in industrial regions as well as geographic locations with naturally high background levels...
- Practice Based Research Network 2012 National MeetingJames W Mold; Fiscal Year: 2012..involved in PBRN research including academicians, researchers of all health professional disciplines and geographic locations, policy makers, practicing clinicians, and other health professionals involved in PBRN research and ..
- National Practice Based Research Network Conferences for 2014-2016Rowena J Dolor; Fiscal Year: 2013..involved in PBRN research including academicians, researchers of all health professional disciplines and geographic locations, policy makers, practicing clinicians, and other health professionals involved in PBRN research and ..
- Big Data for Population ResearchMATTHEW SOBEK; Fiscal Year: 2013..data into a format suitable for scientific analysis will require the following tasks: () classify and code geographic locations to be compatible with categories used in the published census returns;(2) assess completeness and accuracy ..
- DNA methylation changes associated with specific viral infections in HepatocellulQinghua Feng; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further gene-specific hypermethylation present in HCCs from different geographic locations (China vs. US) do not differ after adjusting for viral infections...
- 2013 Practice-Based Research Network ConferenceRowena J Dolor; Fiscal Year: 2013..involved in PBRN research including academicians, researchers of all health professional disciplines and geographic locations, policy makers, practicing clinicians, and other health professionals involved in PBRN research and ..
- Hierarchical Modeling of Alcohol Treatment Outcomes of Group TherapySusan M Paddock; Fiscal Year: 2012..We do so by using statistical techniques developed to model data that are related due to geographic locations of sampled units...
- GORDON CONFERENCE: BIOLOGY OF THE SPIROCHETESSteven Norris; Fiscal Year: 2000..As in previous conferences, a broad spectrum of scientists of different research interests, geographic locations, and seniority will be included...
- Short Courses in Research Ethics and EnvironmentalDianne Quigley; Fiscal Year: 2005..Environmental Health" seeks a throe-year continuation of its project activities to expand its work to other geographic locations and develop case studies and training resources on key issues in research ethics by (a) promoting research ..
- Primate enteroviruses transmission in BangladeshLisa Jones Engel; Fiscal Year: 2007..characterize the genetic variation of NHP-borne enteroviruses among different NHP species and in different geographic locations within Bangladesh...
- Virtual Network Influences on Young Adults' Alcohol and Drug UseMarc A Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2010..and its unique capability to diffuse prevention programs to large numbers of YAs residing in numerous geographic locations (Pequegnat, et al., 2007)...
- Moving beyond description: Statistical and casual inference for social media dataAnn Marie White; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- PHASE III TRIAL--LAPAROSCOPIC COLECTOMY FOR COLON CANCERHeidi Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2000..will be limited to surgeons who demonstrate expertise in laparoscopic colon surgery, the diverse geographic locations and practice environments of the participating institutions is intended to maximize diversity and the ..
- Obesity and the Environment: The Transition to AdulthoodPenny Gordon Larsen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed research will generate and link contemporaneous geographic locations of respondents and, physical environment variables to data from two exceptional and unique longitudinal ..
- Knowledge Management System for Multilingual Health ContentWILLIAM Z TAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..This web-based system will be accessible to medical facilities of all sizes and geographic locations. Given the current shortage of language services and translated materials for limited English proficiency (..
- OUTCOME OF SYSTEMIC LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSUS IN MINORITIESGRACIELA ALARCON; Fiscal Year: 2004..a cohort of 229 SLE patients from three ethnic groups (Hispanics, African-Americans and Caucasians) at two geographic locations (Alabama and Texas) in order to examine the relative importance of socioeconomic-demographic, behavioral-..
- Improving HIT Implementation in a Rural Health SystemDaniel Mingle; Fiscal Year: 2006..information and practice systems of four partner organizations including primary care clinics in distant geographic locations, a family practice residency program and specialty clinics at the two primary hospitals in the health ..
- Optimizing Medication History Value in Clinical Encounters with Elderly PatientsKate Lapane; Fiscal Year: 2009..when a prescription has not been filled is currently available in some e-prescribing systems in selected geographic locations. Stemming from our previous research, we hypothesized that to optimize improvements in quality of ..
- 'IMMATURE SECRETION' VARIANTS OF HUMAN HEPATITIS B VIRUSChiaho Shih; Fiscal Year: 2004..We also attempt to extend the "immature secretion" phenotype to other viral subtypes prevalent in different geographic locations. 2) to investigate the mechanism of "immature secretion" by both genetic and biochemical approaches...
- Advancing Quality Care Through Translation ResearchMarita Titler; Fiscal Year: 2003..Fifty-five people representing nursing, other disciplines, and diverse healthcare settings and geographic locations will be invited...
- Diet, Activity, Obesity & The Built Environment DynamicsBarry Popkin; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposed longitudinal study will link contemporaneous geographic locations of respondents with diet-related (e.g., food shopping and eating options) and activity-related (e.g...
- Spatial Impact Factors and Mammography ScreeningLee Mobley; Fiscal Year: 2006..model and interpret results to determine (a) what factors influence screening behavior and where (at which geographic locations), (b) how robust findings are to level of aggregation of data (Census tract or zip code and county), and (c)..
- BIOKINETICS OF LEAD IN HUMAN PREGNANCYA MC MICHAEL; Fiscal Year: 1999..Such profiles may be distinctly characteristic of particular geographic locations, as occurs at several locations in Australia; e.g., Port Pirie and Tasmania...
- A Worldwide Research Network of Dynamic Cardiac ImagesRobert Judd; Fiscal Year: 2009..imaging modalities (MRI, echo, cath, SPECT) and equipment (GE, Siemens, Philips) distributed across distant geographic locations (Americas, Europe, Asia)...
- Epidemiology of a New Human CoronavirusFrank Esper; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will determine whether there is substantial genetic variability of HCoV-NH in our community and between geographic locations. 2) We will study the evolution of this virus over time and identify specific areas of mutation...
- DEVELOPMENT OF A CHILD HEALTH STATUS MEASUREAnne Riley; Fiscal Year: 1999..Versions for both child and parent respondents will be developed and tested in three phases, using three geographic locations with children and families from varying socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds...
- HEALTH ACCESS GIS DATA BASE FOR WOMEN AND CHILDRENALLAN PARNELL; Fiscal Year: 1999The Health Access GIS Database for Women and Children is an integrated database combining geographic locations of health facilities serving women and children in North and South Carolina with the characteristics of each facility such as ..
- DEGENERATIVE SPONDYLOLISTHESIS IN BLACK WOMENMolly Vogt; Fiscal Year: 2000..A total of 600 elderly black women are currently being recruited across four geographic locations (Baltimore, Minneapolis, Portland and Pittsburgh) under the aegis of the multicenter Study of Osteoporotic ..
- MOLECULAR METHODS FOR STRAIN IDENTIFICATION OF A AAnn Griffen; Fiscal Year: 1991..this data the level of genetic diversity between strains isolated from individuals from similar and distant geographic locations will be investigated...
- Social Determinants of Obesity and Risk of StrokeTamara Dubowitz; Fiscal Year: 2005..exists concerning the etiology and variations of subtypes of stroke incidence in different populations and geographic locations over time (Stroke Progress Review Group, NINDS 2002)...
- IMPROVING THE CARE OF ACUTE ASTHMA IN CHILDRENJAMES SEIDEL; Fiscal Year: 1999..Focus groups of physicians, nurses, RTs, and parents will be held in diverse geographic locations to determine current perceptions and feelings about the guidelines, barriers to their use, and the best ..
- AGGREGATIVE E COLI MOLECULAR AND CLINICAL STUDIESChristine Wanke; Fiscal Year: 2000..EAggEc strains as these factors have not been identified in the majority of EAggEc strains from various geographic locations. Not all patients colonized with Enteroaggregative Escherichia coli are symptomatic...
- Systems integration and substance abuse service deliveryHeather Larkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..presently in place in substance abuse treatment service delivery units representative of diverse geographic locations in the state of Maryland...
- Transferability of Tagging-SNPs across disease status: colon cancer and XRCC2NICOLA CAMP; Fiscal Year: 2007..consideration in tSNP selection and has been addressed for geographic ancestry; for example, four ancestral geographic locations are investigated as constituent parts of the HapMap project and the NIEHS SNPs Program...
- ANTHRAX MOLECULAR EVOLUTION, DIVERSITY AND EPIDEMIOLOGYPaul Keim; Fiscal Year: 2003..will: (1) study the genetic-molecular epidemiology of Bacillus anthracis isolated from different geographic locations and habitats, (2) ascertain the different factors (parameters) that affect the distribution of the ..
- Pathogenesis Studies in Scrapie (TSE Diseases)Michael Oldstone; Fiscal Year: 2003..This model should be useful to study pathophysiology of CWD as well as probing CWD strain differences. ..
- Implications of HIV in Low HCV Clearance in Chinese IDUsXiao Fang Yu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of these studies should provide further insight into the mechanism of HCV clearance and the development of immunity which are critical for the development of effective vaccine and new treatment strategies. ..
- CANCER EDUCATION PROGRAMJulia White; Fiscal Year: 2007..Longitudinal tracking of student participants at a later point in their medical training is done to assess the long-term impact of the research experience on career paths. ..
- Geostatistical software for the space-time analysis of health disparitiesPierre Goovaerts; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..