Genomes and Genes
Summary: Infection with CYTOMEGALOVIRUS, characterized by enlarged cells bearing intranuclear inclusions. Infection may be in almost any organ, but the salivary glands are the most common site in children, as are the lungs in adults.
Publications301 found, 100 shown here
- Review of cytomegalovirus seroprevalence and demographic characteristics associated with infectionMichael J Cannon
National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Rev Med Virol 20:202-13. 2010..Future vaccine or educational campaigns to prevent primary infection in pregnant women may need to be tailored to suit the needs of different populations...
- Review and meta-analysis of the epidemiology of congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) infectionAileen Kenneson
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Rev Med Virol 17:253-76. 2007..In summary, CMV is a common congenital infection worldwide that can lead to permanent disabilities. There is an urgent need for interventions that can reduce the substantial burden of this often overlooked disease...
- Seroprevalence of cytomegalovirus infection in the United States, 1988-1994Stephanie A S Staras
Department of Epidemiology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:1143-51. 2006..However, there are no nationwide estimates of CMV seroprevalence among pregnant women or the overall population of the United States...
- Seropositivity to cytomegalovirus, inflammation, all-cause and cardiovascular disease-related mortality in the United StatesAmanda M Simanek
Department of Epidemiology, Center for Social Epidemiology and Population Health, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16103. 2011..We utilized a U.S. nationally representative study to examine whether CMV infection is associated with all-cause and CVD-related mortality. We also assessed whether CRP level mediated or modified these relationships...
- Immunobiology of human cytomegalovirus: from bench to bedsideTania Crough
Division of Immunology, Tumour Immunology Laboratory, Australian Centre for Vaccine Development, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Clin Microbiol Rev 22:76-98, Table of Contents. 2009..The application of these emerging technologies in the clinical setting is likely to provide opportunities for better management of patients with HCMV-associated diseases...
- International consensus guidelines on the management of cytomegalovirus in solid organ transplantationCamille N Kotton
Transplant and Immunocompromised Host Infectious Diseases, Infectious Diseases Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Transplantation 89:779-95. 2010....
- Vaccine prevention of maternal cytomegalovirus infectionRobert F Pass
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham 35233, USA
N Engl J Med 360:1191-9. 2009..Congenital infection with cytomegalovirus (CMV) is an important cause of hearing, cognitive, and motor impairments in newborns...
- Dynamics of the cellular metabolome during human cytomegalovirus infectionJoshua Munger
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 2:e132. 2006....
- Investigation of CMV disease in immunocompromised patientsV C Emery
Department of Virology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Royal Free Campus, Rowland Hill Street, London NW3 2PF, UK
J Clin Pathol 54:84-8. 2001..These studies focus attention on understanding the virological and immunological determinants of enhanced viral replication and its pathological consequences...
- Platelet-derived growth factor-alpha receptor activation is required for human cytomegalovirus infectionLiliana Soroceanu
Department of Neurosciences, California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, Suite 220, 475 Brannan Street, San Francisco, California 94107, USA
Nature 455:391-5. 2008..Taken together, these data indicate that PDGFR-alpha is a critical receptor required for HCMV infection, and thus a target for novel anti-viral therapies...
- Manifestations of human cytomegalovirus infection: proposed mechanisms of acute and chronic diseaseW Britt
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Childrens Hospital, Harbor Bldg 104, 1600 7th Ave South Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 325:417-70. 2008....
- Evidence for a role of the cellular ND10 protein PML in mediating intrinsic immunity against human cytomegalovirus infectionsNina Tavalai
Institut für Klinische und Molekulare Virologie der Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, Schlossgarten 4, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Virol 80:8006-18. 2006..These results strongly suggest that PML functions as part of an intrinsic immune mechanism against cytomegalovirus infections.
- Intrauterine transmission and clinical outcome of 248 pregnancies with primary cytomegalovirus infection in relation to gestational ageGisela Enders
Institute of Virology, Infectiology und Epidemiology e V, Rosenbergstraße 85, 70193 Stuttgart, Germany
J Clin Virol 52:244-6. 2011..The risk of intrauterine cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection and disease in the fetus or newborn largely depends on time of primary maternal infection during pregnancy...
- Cytomegalovirus seroprevalence in the United States: the national health and nutrition examination surveys, 1988-2004Sheri Lewis Bate
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 50:1439-47. 2010..The substantial disparities in CMV risk among seronegative women suggest that prevention strategies should include an emphasis on reaching racial or ethnic minorities and women of low socioeconomic status...
- Intrauterine transmission of cytomegalovirus to infants of women with preconceptional immunityS B Boppana
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35233, USA
N Engl J Med 344:1366-71. 2001..Whether congenital CMV infection in the offspring of women who are seropositive for CMV can occur after maternal reinfection with a different strain of CMV is unknown...
- Divergent effects of human cytomegalovirus and herpes simplex virus-1 on cellular metabolismLivia Vastag
Department of Chemistry, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 7:e1002124. 2011..Although our results confirm that this is a robust target for HSV-1, therapeutic interventions at other points in metabolism might prove more effective for treatment of HCMV...
- Update on the current status of cytomegalovirus vaccinesHeungsup Sung
University of Minnesota Medical School, Department of Pediatrics, Center for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology Translational Research, 2001 6th Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 9:1303-14. 2010..We also summarize a number of recent advances in the study of the biology of HCMV, particularly with respect to epithelial and endothelial cell entry of the virus, which have implications for future vaccine design...
- Human cytomegalovirus latency alters the cellular secretome, inducing cluster of differentiation (CD)4+ T-cell migration and suppression of effector functionGavin M Mason
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:14538-43. 2012....
- Human cytomegalovirus UL131-128 genes are indispensable for virus growth in endothelial cells and virus transfer to leukocytesGabriele Hahn
Max von Pettenkofer Institut, Abteilung Virologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Virol 78:10023-33. 2004..Our findings suggest that a common mechanism of virus transfer may be involved in both endothelial cell tropism and leukocyte transfer and shed light on a crucial step in the pathogenesis of HCMV infection...
- HCMV microinfections in inflammatory diseases and cancerCecilia Soderberg-Naucler
Karolinska Insititutet, Center for Molecular Medicine, L8 03, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Virol 41:218-23. 2008..These proteins may also contribute to the development of common inflammation-related diseases...
- Cytomegalovirus reinfections in healthy seroimmune womenShannon A Ross
Departments of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
J Infect Dis 201:386-9. 2010..None of the exposure factors were associated with CMV reinfection. Women with antibodies against at least 1 of the 4 antigens at baseline had a 63% decreased risk of reinfection, suggesting a protective role for strain-specific immunity...
- Human cytomegalovirus entry into epithelial and endothelial cells depends on genes UL128 to UL150 and occurs by endocytosis and low-pH fusionBrent J Ryckman
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 3181 Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Virol 80:710-22. 2006..Together, these data indicate that genes UL128 to UL150 are required for HCMV adsorption and penetration of epithelial cells and to promote some early stage of virus replication, subsequent to virus entry, in endothelial cells...
- Costimulation of CD8alphabeta T cells by NKG2D via engagement by MIC induced on virus-infected cellsV Groh
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Clinical Research Division, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Nat Immunol 2:255-60. 2001..Combined triggering of TCR-CD3 complexes and NKG2D induced interleukin 2 production and T cell proliferation. Thus NKG2D functioned as a costimulatory receptor that can substitute for CD28...
- Inactivating a cellular intrinsic immune defense mediated by Daxx is the mechanism through which the human cytomegalovirus pp71 protein stimulates viral immediate-early gene expressionRyan T Saffert
Institute for Molecular Virology, and McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1525 Linden Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Virol 80:3863-71. 2006..Furthermore, it provides insight into how a PML-NB protein institutes an intrinsic immune defense against a DNA virus and how HCMV pp71 inactivates this defense...
- Broadly targeted human cytomegalovirus-specific CD4+ and CD8+ T cells dominate the memory compartments of exposed subjectsAndrew W Sylwester
Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, Department of Pathology, Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, 97006, USA
J Exp Med 202:673-85. 2005..These data provide the first glimpse of the total human T cell response to a complex infectious agent and will provide insight into the rules governing immunodominance and cross-reactivity in complex viral infections of humans...
- Does cytomegalovirus play a causative role in the development of various inflammatory diseases and cancer?C Soderberg-Naucler
Department of Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine, L8 03, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Intern Med 259:219-46. 2006..Thus, the various drugs now available for treatment of HCMV disease (e.g. ganciclovir, acyclovir and foscarnet), may also prove to be useful in the treatment of other, more widespread diseases...
- Human cytomegalovirus: clinical aspects, immune regulation, and emerging treatmentsMaher K Gandhi
Tumour Immunology Laboratory at the Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Lancet Infect Dis 4:725-38. 2004..Immune-based therapies to complement pharmacological strategies for the successful treatment of virus-associated complications should be prospectively investigated...
- Diagnosis and management of human cytomegalovirus infection in the mother, fetus, and newborn infantMaria Grazia Revello
Servizio di Virologia, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Clin Microbiol Rev 15:680-715. 2002....
- Human cytomegalovirus sequences expressed in latently infected individuals promote a latent infection in vitroFelicia Goodrum
Department of Immunobiology, BIO5 Institute, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85711, USA
Blood 110:937-45. 2007..Importantly, UL138 RNA was expressed in CD34(+) cells and monocytes from HCMV-seropositive, healthy individuals. UL138 might be a target for antivirals against latent virus...
- Passive immunization during pregnancy for congenital cytomegalovirus infectionGiovanni Nigro
Department of Pediatrics, La Sapienza University, Rome
N Engl J Med 353:1350-62. 2005..Currently, there is no effective intervention for a primary cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection during pregnancy...
- Human cytomegalovirus infection activates and regulates the unfolded protein responseJennifer A Isler
Department of Cancer Biology, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
J Virol 79:6890-9. 2005..These results suggest that, although HCMV infection induces the unfolded protein response, it modifies the outcome to benefit viral replication...
- Evasion of CD8+ T cells is critical for superinfection by cytomegalovirusScott G Hansen
Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 505 Northwest 185th Avenue, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
Science 328:102-6. 2010....
- Integrin alphavbeta3 is a coreceptor for human cytomegalovirusXin Wang
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, CB 7295, Lineberger Building, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Nat Med 11:515-21. 2005..This discovery is fundamental to understanding HCMV pathogenesis and developing treatment strategies targeted to viral receptors...
- Human cytomegalovirus immunity and immune evasionSarah E Jackson
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Level 5, Addenbrookes Hospital, Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
Virus Res 157:151-60. 2011..This article describes the current understanding of Natural killer cell, antibody and T cell mediated immune responses and the mechanisms that the virus utilizes to subvert these responses...
- Human NK cells can control CMV infection in the absence of T cellsTaco W Kuijpers
Blood 112:914-5. 2008
- Cytomegalovirus immunoglobulin G antibody is associated with subclinical carotid artery disease among HIV-infected womenChristina M Parrinello
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Infect Dis 205:1788-96. 2012..We hypothesized that CMV is associated with vascular disease in HIV-infected adults...
- Latency and reactivation of human cytomegalovirusJohn Sinclair
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
J Gen Virol 87:1763-79. 2006....
- Murine cytomegalovirus targets transcription factor ATF4 to exploit the unfolded-protein responseZhikang Qian
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Virol 86:6712-23. 2012..This work sets the stage for using the MCMV model to explore the role of this stress response in CMV biology, particularly during infection of the host, which is difficult to study in HCMV...
- HCMV targets the metabolic stress response through activation of AMPK whose activity is important for viral replicationJessica McArdle
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002502. 2012..The combined data suggest a model in which HCMV activates AMPK through CaMKK, and depends on their activation for high titer replication, likely through induction of a metabolic environment conducive to viral replication...
- Human cytomegalovirus infection induces adipocyte-like lipogenesis through activation of sterol regulatory element binding protein 1Yongjun Yu
Department of Cancer Biology, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Virol 86:2942-9. 2012..Our studies suggest that HCMV induces adipocyte-like lipogenesis and overrides normal sterol feedback controls in order to maintain high levels of constitutive lipid synthesis during infection...
- Expansions of peripheral blood CD8 T-lymphocyte subpopulations and an association with cytomegalovirus seropositivity in the elderly: the Swedish NONA immune studyAnders Wikby
Department of Natural Science and Biomedicine, University College of Health Sciences, Jonkoping, Sweden
Exp Gerontol 37:445-53. 2002..As in the OCTO study, the NONA-Immune data indicated that the changes are associated significantly with seropositive responses to CMV...
- Downregulation of natural killer cell-activating ligand CD155 by human cytomegalovirus UL141Peter Tomasec
Section of Infection and Immunity, Tenovus Building, College of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XX, UK
Nat Immunol 6:181-8. 2005Natural killer (NK) cells are crucial in the control of cytomegalovirus infections in mice and humans...
- New estimates of the prevalence of neurological and sensory sequelae and mortality associated with congenital cytomegalovirus infectionSheila C Dollard
National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Rev Med Virol 17:355-63. 2007..Future studies should extend follow-up of CMV-infected children identified through universal screening and include the evaluation of visual impairment...
- A myeloid progenitor cell line capable of supporting human cytomegalovirus latency and reactivation, resulting in infectious progenyChristine M O'Connor
Department of Molecular Genetics, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Virol 86:9854-65. 2012..Taken together, our findings argue that the Kasumi-3 cell line is a tractable in vitro model system with which to study HCMV latency and reactivation...
- Investigation of promoter variations in dendritic cell-specific ICAM3-grabbing non-integrin (DC-SIGN) (CD209) and their relevance for human cytomegalovirus reactivation and disease after allogeneic stem-cell transplantationM Mezger
Julius Maximilians Universitat Wurzburg, Medizinische Klinik II, Wurzburg, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:228-34. 2008..Screening of patients following allogeneic stem-cell transplantation for the presence of these defined genetic polymorphisms might help to predict the individual risk of hCMV reactivation and disease...
- Active cytomegalovirus infection is common in mechanically ventilated medical intensive care unit patientsLaurent Chiche
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, URMITE UMR CNRS 6236, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Crit Care Med 37:1850-7. 2009..To assess the incidence, risk factors, and outcome of active cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection in nonimmunosuppressed intensive care unit (ICU) patients...
- Increased carotid intima-media thickness in HIV patients is associated with increased cytomegalovirus-specific T-cell responsesPriscilla Y Hsue
Divisions of Cardiology, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, USA
AIDS 20:2275-83. 2006....
- Is HCMV a tumor promoter?Liliana Soroceanu
California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, 475 Brannan Street, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA liliana
Virus Res 157:193-203. 2011..This review highlights some of the recent evidence that HCMV might play a role in modulating the tumor microenvironment as well as in the initiation and promotion of tumor cells themselves...
- Infusion of cytomegalovirus (CMV)-specific T cells for the treatment of CMV infection not responding to antiviral chemotherapyHermann Einsele
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Abteilung II, Tubingen, Germany
Blood 99:3916-22. 2002..Hence, anti-CMV cellular therapy was successful in 5 of 7 patients, whereas in 2 of 7 patients, who received an intensified immune suppression at the time of or after T-cell therapy, only transient reductions in virus load were obtained...
- Cytomegalovirus: pathogen, paradigm, and puzzleMichael Boeckh
Division of Vaccine and Infectious Disease, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Clin Invest 121:1673-80. 2011..Here we review recent advances that are reshaping our view and approach to this fascinating virus...
- Experimental human cytomegalovirus latency in CD14+ monocytesDanna Hargett
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544 1014, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:20039-44. 2010..We propose that in vivo microenvironments influence not only the efficiency of reactivation but also the infectivity of the virions produced from latently infected monocytes...
- Cytomegalovirus antibody levels, inflammation, and mortality among elderly Latinos over 9 years of follow-upEric T Roberts
Department of Epidemiology, 3659 SPH Tower, 109 Observatory, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 2548, USA
Am J Epidemiol 172:363-71. 2010..Further studies investigating methods for reducing IgG antibody response to CMV are warranted...
- Chronic herpesvirus reactivation occurs in agingRaymond P Stowe
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555, United States
Exp Gerontol 42:563-70. 2007..These findings indicate that the aged immune system is no longer able to control EBV and CMV reactivation that could now be characterized as chronic instead of latent...
- Cytomegalovirus glycoprotein-B vaccine with MF59 adjuvant in transplant recipients: a phase 2 randomised placebo-controlled trialPaul D Griffiths
Centre for Virology, UCL Medical School, London, UK
Lancet 377:1256-63. 2011..Values of viral load correlate with development of end-organ disease and are moderated by pre-existing natural immunity. Our aim was to determine whether vaccine-induced immunity could do likewise...
- Pathogenesis of murine cytomegalovirus infectionAstrid Krmpotic
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Rijeka, B Branchetta 20, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Microbes Infect 5:1263-77. 2003....
- Cytomegalovirus infection and the risk of mortality and frailty in older women: a prospective observational cohort studyGeorge C Wang
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Am J Epidemiol 171:1144-52. 2010..79, 95% confidence interval: 1.22, 6.40). Better understanding of the long-term clinical consequences of CMV infection in immunocompetent humans is needed to guide public health efforts for this widely prevalent infection...
- Severe cytomegalovirus infection in apparently immunocompetent patients: a systematic reviewPetros I Rafailidis
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences AIBS, Athens, Greece
Virol J 5:47. 2008..In contrast, relatively little attention has been paid to the morbidity and mortality that CMV infection may cause in immunocompetent patients...
- Long-term cytomegalovirus infection leads to significant changes in the composition of the CD8+ T-cell repertoire, which may be the basis for an imbalance in the cytokine production profile in elderly personsGiovanni Almanzar
Immunology Division, Institute for Biomedical Aging Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Rennweg, 10, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Virol 79:3675-83. 2005..This can lead to a reduced diversity of CD8 responses and to chronic inflammatory processes which may be the basis of severe health problems in elderly persons...
- Longitudinal studies of clonally expanded CD8 T cells reveal a repertoire shrinkage predicting mortality and an increased number of dysfunctional cytomegalovirus-specific T cells in the very elderlySine Reker Hadrup
Tumor Immunology Group, Institute of Cancer Biology, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Immunol 176:2645-53. 2006..g., CMV, but eventually a point is reached where clonal exhaustion leads to shrinkage of the CD8 clonal repertoire, associated with decreased survival...
- The story of human cytomegalovirus and cancer: increasing evidence and open questionsMartin Michaelis
Institut fur Medizinische Virologie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neoplasia 11:1-9. 2009....
- Inhibition of inflammatory interleukin-6 activity via extracellular signal-regulated kinase-mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling antagonizes human cytomegalovirus reactivation from dendritic cellsMatthew B Reeves
Department of Infectious Diseases, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Virol 85:12750-8. 2011..Clinically, HCMV reactivation occurs in highly inflammatory environments (i.e., transplantation); thus, the implications of this study could potentially provide novel approaches for therapeutic intervention...
- Adoptive transfer of cytomegalovirus-specific CTL to stem cell transplant patients after selection by HLA-peptide tetramersMark Cobbold
Cancer Research UK Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, England, UK
J Exp Med 202:379-86. 2005..This novel approach to adoptive transfer has considerable potential for antigen-specific T cell therapy...
- Human cytomegalovirus pUL29/28 and pUL38 repression of p53-regulated p21CIP1 and caspase 1 promoters during infectionJohn P Savaryn
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
J Virol 87:2463-74. 2013..This study identified two additional HCMV proteins, pUL29/28 and pUL38, which participate in the complex regulation of p53 transcriptional activity during infection...
- Immune monitoring with iTAg MHC Tetramers for prediction of recurrent or persistent cytomegalovirus infection or disease in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients: a prospective multicenter studyJan W Gratama
Department of Clinical and Tumor Immunology, Erasmus Medical Center Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 116:1655-62. 2010..004). CMV tetramer-based immune monitoring, in conjunction with virologic monitoring, can be an important new tool to assess risk of CMV-related complications and to guide preemptive therapeutic choices...
- Prospective simultaneous quantification of human cytomegalovirus-specific CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell reconstitution in young recipients of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantsDaniele Lilleri
Servizio di Virologia, Instituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Blood 108:1406-12. 2006....
- Human cytomegalovirus microRNA miR-US4-1 inhibits CD8(+) T cell responses by targeting the aminopeptidase ERAP1Sungchul Kim
National Creative Research Initiative Center for Antigen Presentation, Department of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Nat Immunol 12:984-91. 2011..Our findings identify a previously unknown viral miRNA-based CTL-evasion mechanism that targets a key step in the MHC class I antigen-processing pathway...
- Ex vivo profiling of CD8+-T-cell responses to human cytomegalovirus reveals broad and multispecific reactivities in healthy virus carriersRebecca Elkington
Tumour Immunology Laboratory and Co Operative Centre for Vaccine Technology, Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Australia
J Virol 77:5226-40. 2003..This work strongly suggests that successful HCMV-specific immune control in healthy virus carriers is dependent on a strong T-cell response towards a broad repertoire of antigens...
- Improving outcomes for solid-organ transplant recipients at risk from cytomegalovirus infection: late-onset disease and indirect consequencesChristophe Legendre
Service de transplantation rénale, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 46:732-40. 2008....
- Definitions of cytomegalovirus infection and disease in transplant recipientsPer Ljungman
Department of Hematology, Huddinge University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, SE 14186 Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Infect Dis 34:1094-7. 2002..This study seeks to update the definitions of CMV on the basis of recent developments in diagnostic techniques, as well as to add to these definitions the concept of indirect effects caused by CMV...
- Cytomegalovirus seropositivity drives the CD8 T cell repertoire toward greater clonality in healthy elderly individualsNaeem Khan
Cancer Research U K Institute for Cancer Studies and Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, United Kingdom
J Immunol 169:1984-92. 2002..Such a dramatic accumulation of virus-specific effector CTL might impair the ability to respond to heterologous infection and may underlie the negative influence of CMV seropositivity on survival in the very elderly...
- Congenital cytomegalovirus infection: new prospects for prevention and therapyElizabeth C Swanson
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 60:335-49. 2013..An effective preconceptual vaccine against CMV could protect against long-term neurologic sequelae and other disabilities...
- Evaluation of intervention strategy based on CMV-specific immune responses after allogeneic SCTG Avetisyan
Division of Haematology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:865-9. 2007..01). There was no effect as regards the type of conditioning, donor type, stem cell source or acute GVHD. Monitoring the immunity of SCT patients may allow more targeted use of antiviral therapy...
- Cytotrophoblasts infected with a pathogenic human cytomegalovirus strain dysregulate cell-matrix and cell-cell adhesion molecules: a quantitative analysisT Tabata
Department of Cell and Tissue Biology, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0512, USA
Placenta 28:527-37. 2007..CMV replication in late gestation placentas with considerable reserves could deplete cytotrophoblast progenitors, thereby impairing syncytiotrophoblast development and increasing the risk of virus transmission to fetal blood vessels...
- Human cytomegalovirus tropism for endothelial/epithelial cells: scientific background and clinical implicationsM Grazia Revello
Servizio di Virologia, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia 27100, Italy
Rev Med Virol 20:136-55. 2010..However, the level of cooperation between humoral immunity and the well-established T-cell protection remains to be defined...
- Canadian society of transplantation consensus workshop on cytomegalovirus management in solid organ transplantation final reportJutta K Preiksaitis
Provincial Laboratory for Public Health Microbiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Transplant 5:218-27. 2005..This report summarizes the recommendations of the working group including ratings of the strength of evidence supporting the recommendations...
- Human cytomegalovirus US28 found in glioblastoma promotes an invasive and angiogenic phenotypeLiliana Soroceanu
California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer Res 71:6643-53. 2011..In addition, these findings argue that US28-CCL5 paracrine signaling may contribute to glioma progression and suggest that targeting US28 may provide therapeutic benefits in GBM treatment...
- Longitudinal assessment of cytomegalovirus (CMV)-specific immune responses in liver transplant recipients at high risk for late CMV diseaseCorinna La Rosa
Laboratory of Vaccine Research, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
J Infect Dis 195:633-44. 2007....
- Cytomegalovirus reactivation in critically ill immunocompetent patientsAjit P Limaye
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington Medical Center, 1959 NE Pacific St, Seattle, WA 98195 7110, USA
JAMA 300:413-22. 2008....
- Histological findings in foetuses congenitally infected by cytomegalovirusLiliana Gabrielli
St Orsola Malpighi GH, University of Bologna, Italy
J Clin Virol 46:S16-21. 2009..Congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection is a major cause of central nervous system damage leading to sensorineural hearing loss, mental retardation and cerebral palsy...
- Attribution of congenital cytomegalovirus infection to primary versus non-primary maternal infectionChengbin Wang
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30345, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:e11-3. 2011..Effective prevention strategies need to be developed for both primary and non-primary maternal infections...
- Cytomegalovirus infections during pregnancyGiovanni Nigro
Department of Pediatrics, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 23:123-8. 2011..To review current prenatal diagnosis and management of congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) infections with emphasis on maternal screening and available interventions...
- Cytomegalovirus and human immunosenescenceGraham Pawelec
Center for Medical Research, University of Tubingen Medical School, Tubingen, Germany
Rev Med Virol 19:47-56. 2009..Whether the IRP is informative in younger individuals and the mechanism of the CMV effect is discussed in this review...
- Human cytomegalovirus encodes a highly specific RANTES decoy receptorDai Wang
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:16642-7. 2004..We propose that human cytomegalovirus directs the synthesis of a secreted, virus-coded protein that modulates the host antiviral response even before the newly infecting viral genome becomes transcriptionally active...
- Recent advances in the prevention and treatment of congenital cytomegalovirus infectionsStuart P Adler
Department of Pediatrics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Semin Perinatol 31:10-8. 2007..This plus the reversibility of many manifestations of congenital infection in the fetus and newborn indicate that congenital CMV disease is in part a syndrome of placental insufficiency...
- Isolation of human monoclonal antibodies that potently neutralize human cytomegalovirus infection by targeting different epitopes on the gH/gL/UL128-131A complexAnnalisa Macagno
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Via Vincenzo Vela 6, CH 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
J Virol 84:1005-13. 2010....
- Hierarchical and redundant lymphocyte subset control precludes cytomegalovirus replication during latent infectionB Polic
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Rijeka, Croatia
J Exp Med 188:1047-54. 1998..The data indicate that only the sustained cellular immune control prevents CMV replication and restricts the viral genome to a systemic state of latency...
- MyD88-dependent and -independent murine cytomegalovirus sensing for IFN-alpha release and initiation of immune responses in vivoThomas Delale
Schering Plough, Laboratory for Immunological Research, Dardilly, France
J Immunol 175:6723-32. 2005....
- Direct visualization of cytomegalovirus-specific T-cell reconstitution after allogeneic stem cell transplantationK Cwynarski
CRC Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, United Kingdom
Blood 97:1232-40. 2001..It should allow prediction of CMV reactivation in individual patients and assist in the development of adoptive T-cell immunotherapy...
- Properties of CD4(+) T cells in human cytomegalovirus infectionLaila E Gamadia
Laboratory for Experimental Immunology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Immunol 65:486-92. 2004....
- Donor CMV serologic status and outcome of CMV-seropositive recipients after unrelated donor stem cell transplantation: an EBMT megafile analysisPer Ljungman
Department of Hematology, Huddinge University Hospital, SE 14186 Stockholm, Sweden
Blood 102:4255-60. 2003..Our data suggest that donor CMV status influences outcome of unrelated SCT. For a CMV-seropositive patient, a seropositive donor might be preferable...
- Cytomegalovirus infection in Gambian infants leads to profound CD8 T-cell differentiationDavid J C Miles
MRC Laboratories Gambia, P O Box 273, Banjul, The Gambia
J Virol 81:5766-76. 2007....
- Natural killer cell-mediated response to human cytomegalovirus-infected macrophages is modulated by their functional polarizationNeus Romo
Immunology Unit, Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Spain
J Leukoc Biol 90:717-26. 2011..These observations reveal differences in the NK cell response triggered by distinct, HCMV-infected, monocyte-derived cell types, which may be relevant in the immunopathology of this viral infection...
- Polymorphisms in Toll-like receptor genes and susceptibility to infections in allogeneic stem cell transplantationAgostinho Carvalho
Microbiology, Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Exp Hematol 37:1022-9. 2009..Discovery of genetic variations in the genes encoding for Toll-like receptors (TLRs) has highlighted a potential link between genomic variation of the host and susceptibility to infections...
- Sequential mutations associated with adaptation of human cytomegalovirus to growth in cell cultureDerrick J Dargan
MRC Virology Unit, Institute of Virology, University of Glasgow, Church Street, Glasgow G11 5JR, UK
J Gen Virol 91:1535-46. 2010....
- Cytomegalovirus in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients: Current status, known challenges, and future strategiesMichael Boeckh
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 81009, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:543-58. 2003....
- Activation of telomerase by human cytomegalovirusKlas Strååt
Department of Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Solna and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:488-97. 2009..Because cellular immortalization and transformation require telomerase activation by expression of the telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) gene, we examined the role of HCMV in telomerase activation...
- Mechanisms of cytomegalovirus-accelerated vascular disease: induction of paracrine factors that promote angiogenesis and wound healingD N Streblow
Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute and Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 325:397-415. 2008....
- Cytomegalovirus immunity after vaccination with autologous glioblastoma lysateRobert M Prins
N Engl J Med 359:539-41. 2008
- Socioeconomic disparities in the seroprevalence of cytomegalovirus infection in the US population: NHANES IIIJ B Dowd
Department of Epidemiology, Center for Social Epidemiology and Population Health, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Epidemiol Infect 137:58-65. 2009....
- Pivotal advance: The promotion of soluble DC-SIGN release by inflammatory signals and its enhancement of cytomegalovirus-mediated cis-infection of myeloid dendritic cellsN Plazolles
CNRS, UMR 5234, Universite Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
J Leukoc Biol 89:329-42. 2011..Overall, our results confirm that sDC-SIGN, like its well-known, counterpart mDC-SIGN, may play a pivotal role in CMV-mediated pathogenesis...
- Algorithm based on CMV kinetics DNA viral load for preemptive therapy initiation after hematopoietic cell transplantationPhilippe Halfon
Laboratoire Alphabio, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Marseille, France
J Med Virol 83:490-5. 2011..001). A standardized real-time PCR assay is more appropriate than the antigen assay for detecting CMV. It allowed earlier diagnosis of active CMV infection and monitoring of the response to anti-CMV treatment...
- Ribozymes for studies and treatment of cytomegalovirus infectionsFenyong Liu; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our study will facilitate the development of novel macromolecules that can be used as research tools and therapeutic agents for studies and treatment of infections of human viruses including HCMV. ..
- Human cytomegalovirus latency in cultured monocytesThomas E Shenk; Fiscal Year: 2013..a consequence, drugs that treat symptoms of active infections, do not clear latent virus and do not cure cytomegalovirus infections. It is critically important to advance our understanding of the mechanisms underlying latency so that ..
- ANTI-POXVIRUS NUCLEOSIDES:SYNTHESIS AND EVALUATIONKyoichi Watanabe; Fiscal Year: 2002..The best candidate currently is cidofovir, which is approved for treatment of certain cytomegalovirus infections, is a potent inhibitor of poxvirus replication in vitro and has been shown to be very effective against ..
- Transgenic Plant-Derived CMV Glycoprotein B VaccineMark Schleiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will advance the fields of plant and CMV vaccines. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VACCINES FOR PREVENTION OF EXPERIMENTAL CONGENITAL CMVMark Schleiss; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that these subunit vaccine studies in this small animal model will clarify which strategies may be of value for vaccination against congenital HCMV infection. ..
- Novel Strategy for Animal Model Testing of HCMV VaccinesMark Schleiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will represent the first efficacy test of a human CMV subunit vaccine in a small animal model of congenital CMV infection. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Primary CMV InfectionRAVIT BOGER; Fiscal Year: 2008..This application will improve our understanding of acute CMV infection and will open new research directions in vaccine development. . [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CMVStuart Adler; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this study will establish if immunization of mothers against CMV infection is possible. ..
- BEHAVIORAL INTERVENTION FOR CONGENITAL CMV DISEASEStuart Adler; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this trial will determine the effectiveness of behavioral intervention and the motivation necessary to adhere to recommendations and prevent child-to-mother transmission of CMV. ..
- Prevention of Cytomegalovirus InfectionStuart Adler; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this study will establish if prevention of CMV infections is possible. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PHASE IB TRIAL OF CYTOMEGALOVIRUS GLYCOPROTEIN B VACCINEPaul Griffiths; Fiscal Year: 2008..If a vaccine schedule can be identified which controls viral load, this will be recommended for a phase II placebo-controlled trial of clinical efficacy. ..
- 10th International CMV WorkshopStuart Adler; Fiscal Year: 2005..The purpose is to keep everybody up to date and current about what's going on in all areas and stimulate new research projects and collaborations. We anticipate between 300 and 500 attendees. ..
- Respiratory Viruses and Airflow Obstruction after HCTMichael Boeckh; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will improve our understanding of the interaction between respiratory viruses and late pulmonary complications after HCT, which will ultimately enable us to formulate more rational treatment strategies. ..
- HIV Epitope Specific T Cell Responses and Control of HIV ReplicationMark Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THE IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF MURINE ALLOGRAFT ACCEPTANCECharles Cook; Fiscal Year: 2007..In general, these studies will explore the immunobiology of murine allograft acceptance, and its relationship to allograft tolerance. ..
- CONGENITAL CMV INFECTION IN OFFSPRING OF IMMUNE MOTHERSSuresh Boppana; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Aberrant T Cell Function and Immunopathogenesis of CMV Immune Recovery UveitisMark Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, understanding the disease mechanism of CMV IRU could facilitate development of effective therapy for CMV IRU or diagnostic or treatment strategies to prevent CMV IRU. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- C. Neoformans Infection in Organ Transplant RecipientsNina Singh; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, the data regarding reactivation or primary infection has implications relevant for the prevention of C. neoformans infection in transplant recipients. ..
- CMV Immune Response & Long-Term Outcome of CMV RetinitisMark Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Adjunct rhIL-12 enhance THI response to viral vaccine?Mark Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2004..g. CMV, HSV and HIV). ..
- ANIMAL MODELS OF HUMAN VIRAL INFECTIONSEARL KERN; Fiscal Year: 2000..in both mouse and human tissue culture cells, and 2) an evaluation of the efficacy of the compound in the treatment of appropriate experimental viral infections in animal models of herpes simplex virus and cytomegalovirus infections.
- Neuroimmune Modulation of Virus Immunity In AgingRaymond Stowe; Fiscal Year: 2002..These data will subsequently be used to support an R01 application to develop a mechanistic investigation on how neuroendocrine hormones modulate herpesvirus-specific immunity in the elderly. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A LIVE ATTENUATED HSV-2 VACCINEMark Prichard; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition further in vitro characterization will enable high quality clinical trial material to be produced for IND enabling primate studies and early Phase I human trials. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Not Available ..
- Short Tandem Repeat Polymorphisms in CytomegalovirusJames Bale; Fiscal Year: 2003..Characterizing HCM' strains by STR analysis will facilitate future studies of HCMV evolution and will provide a novel means t to fingerprint HCMV strains. ..
- Incarceration and HIV-Infected InmatesDavid A Wohl; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 2. Determine the inmate, nurse-counselor and facility characteristics associated with agreeing to HIV VCT. Aim 3. Explore the risks associated with receiving an HIV diagnosis in prison. ..
- Mechanisms of CMV latency in accelerated vascular diseaseDaniel N Streblow; Fiscal Year: 2010..Does mutation of the RCMV genes expressed in the latently infected allografts alter virus-induced acceleration of disease? B. What is the function of RCMV genes expressed in latently infected allografts? ..
- HIV+ Prison Releases to Access to HIV Care and ServicesDavid Wohl; Fiscal Year: 2007..2. BCM will reduce intimate and drug related HIV transmission risk behaviors during the year following prison release. ..
- Dendritic cell mediated modulation of tolerance by apoptotic cells in agingAnshu Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) to analyze a role of dendritic cells in age-associated alterations in the induction and maintenance of peripheral tolerance. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mutagenic analysis of LPS responsesBruce Beutler; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the case of mutations that abolish LPS tolerance, we will attempt to determine the net impact on host resistance to infection. ..
- Permeability Changes in Small Bowel Allograft RejectionJonathan Fryer; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Regulation of normal human IEL by NKG2D and IL-15Bana Jabri; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CD4+ T Cell-Mediated Enhancement of Antiviral ImmunityAnn Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2008..Strategies designed to manipulate and immunologically enhance clearance of virus from this organ will assist in curtailing transmission of this ubiquitous human pathogen. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cytomegalovirus in the BrainAnthony N van den Pol; Fiscal Year: 2010..These experiments will help us understand the mechanisms associated with CMV-induced neurological dysfunction, and how to combat the virus within the brain with minimal complications. ..
- HCMV UL37 Proteins: Trafficking & Functional DiversityANAMARIS COLBERG POLEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..Deciphering UL37 protein trafficking may provide valuable insight into cellular ER to mitochondrial trafficking pathways and, ultimately, be used against HCMV for therapeutic benefit. ..
- Role and Cell Cycle Mechanisms of pp71 in HCMV InfectionROBERT KALEJTA; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information should allow us to design antiviral therapies targeted to the functions of pp71 required for viral replication to treat both proliferative and non-proliferative diseases associated with HCMV infection. ..
- Impact of aging on the T cell repertoire and cellular immunity to influenza virusMARCIA BLACKMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The data generated will provide essential information for the development of new vaccination strategies suitable for aged individuals. ..
- Vaccination and immune senescence in primatesLouis Picker; Fiscal Year: 2008..Long-term goals are to use these findings to improve protective immunity in old RM and subsequently, elderly humans. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- T CELL IMMUNITY TO MHV 68, A MURINE GAMMA HERPESVIRUSMARCIA BLACKMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..In Aim 3, we will build on this information and use this well-characterized viral model as a "proof of principal" test for epitope-based vaccination strategies for the gamma-herpesviruses. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Invasive Assessment of the Coronary MicrocirculationWilliam Fearon; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Post-Exposure Vaccination for HCMV InfectionPeter Barry; Fiscal Year: 2003..2) Genetic immunization of animals with plasmid expression vectors for RhCMV antigens or control plasmids. (3) Post-immunization assessment of RhCMV detection frequency and titer. ..
- NPY DEPRESSION OF HIPPOCAMPAL EPILEPSYAnthony van den Pol; Fiscal Year: 2002..NPY is potentially of great interest because its primary action in the normal hippocampus appears to be one of depressing hyperexcited neurons, without a substantial effect on normal neurotransmission. ..
- Cellular Immunity to BK VirusSimon Lacey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such information may be useful in guiding clinical management, and lay the foundation for possible future vaccines. ..
- Modulation of Monocyte Function by Cytomegalovirus IL-10Juliet Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results will provide a better understanding of the molecular action of cmvlL-10, and possibly establish a role for cmvlL-10 in regulation of virus latency. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Viral Immunity: From Basic Mechanisms to VaccinesMARCIA BLACKMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..The goal of the meeting is to accelerate vaccine development for existing viruses, and to facilitate a rapid response to the threat of emerging viruses and bioterrorism. ..
- FUNCTION & HOMEOSTASIS OF VIRAL PATHOGEN-SPECIFIC CD4+Louis Picker; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Rapid quantitation of residual WBCs in filtered bloodJohn Roback; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- NON T CELL PRODUCED NOVEL T CELL GROWTH FACTORSTerry Strom; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Primate enteroviruses transmission in BangladeshLisa Jones Engel; Fiscal Year: 2007..Ultimately, this data will provide insight into the potential emergence of NHP-borne pathogens and help to deter the spread of emerging zoonotic threats. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETIC DETERMINANTS OF CYTOMEGALOVIRUS PATHOGENESISAnn Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CMV Vaccines: Reinfection and Antigenic VariationWilliam Britt; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are essential for the development of a vaccine which will protect offspring born to women at risk for infection, especially women at risk for reinfection. ..
- Mechanism of neurodegeneration in dystonia musculorumRONALD LIEM; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF THE NEURONAL CYTOSKELETONRONALD LIEM; Fiscal Year: 2007..We hope that these transgenic models will give us a better indication of how the disease progresses and they should also give us the best system to study the downstream effects of the mutations. ..
- NOVEL DEVICES FOR RAPID BLOOD COMPATIBILITY TESTINGJohn Roback; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of the multi-center trial (to be completed during Phase Ill) will lead to an FDA 510(k) application. ..