Genomes and Genes
Summary: Obstruction anywhere along the urethra.
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Rate of recurrent stress urinary incontinence after retropubic urethrolysisSteven P Petrou
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
J Urol 167:613-5. 2002..We determined the rate of recurrent female stress urinary incontinence after retropubic urethrolysis without a concomitant anti-incontinence procedure...
- Urodynamic evaluation of fesoterodine metabolite, doxazosin and their combination in a rat model of partial urethral obstructionClaudius Fullhase
Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC, USA
BJU Int 106:287-93. 2010..of fesoterodine, a new antimuscarinic agent, alone and combined with doxazosin, in a rat model of partial urethral obstruction (PUO), as 35-83% of men with bladder outlet obstruction (BOO) secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia (..
- Chronic partial urethral obstruction in female rats: description of an experimental model and initial resultsSilvio Tucci
Department of Surgery and Anatomy, FMRP, USP, Ribeirao Preto SP
Acta Cir Bras 26:111-4. 2011..To develop an experimental model of infravesical urinary obstruction in female rats...
- Partial urethral obstruction: ATF3 and p-c-Jun are involved in the growth of the detrusor muscle and its motor innervationAbai Xu
Department of Urology, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Scand J Urol Nephrol 45:30-8. 2011..The aim of the study was to determine whether ATF3 and p-c-Jun were involved in growth of bladder smooth-muscle and ganglion cells...
- Captopril reduces interstitial renal fibrosis and preserves more normal renal tubules in neonatal dogs with partial urethral obstruction: a preliminary studyMehdi Shirazi
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Shahid Faghihi Hospital, Shiraz, Iran
Urol Int 78:173-7. 2007..system plays an important role in this injury, we conducted this study to investigate whether administration of captopril reduced renal fibrosis in an experimental model using partial urethral obstruction (PUO) in neonatal dogs.
- Comparison of tension-free vaginal taping versus modified Burch colposuspension on urethral obstruction: a randomized controlled trialAlex C Wang
Division of Female Pelvic Medicine Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Chang Gung University, School of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Neurourol Urodyn 22:185-90. 2003..To determine whether the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) procedure affects the mechanics of voiding in women with genuine stress incontinence (GSI)...
- Reliability of voiding cystourethrography to detect urethral obstruction in boysLaetitia M O de Kort
Department of Pediatric Urology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Urology 63:967-71; discussion 971-2. 2004..To evaluate the reliability of voiding cystourethrography (VCUG) to diagnose infravesical obstruction in boys...
- Urodynamic follow-up of experimental urethral obstruction in individual guinea pigsK P Wolffenbuttel
Department of Paediatric Urology, Erasmus Medical Centre Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neurourol Urodyn 20:699-713. 2001It is unknown whether changes in bladder function due to urethral obstruction follow a specific sequence...
- Urethral obstruction by seminal coagulum is associated with medetomidine-ketamine anesthesia in male mice on C57BL/6J and mixed genetic backgroundsSara Wells
Mary Lyon Centre, MRC Harwell, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 48:296-9. 2009..This adverse effect did not recur when we altered our anesthesia protocol to 10 mg/kg xylazine and 100 mg/kg ketamine...
- Large-conductance calcium-activated potassium channel activity, as determined by whole-cell patch clamp recording, is decreased in urinary bladder smooth muscle cells from male rats with partial urethral obstructionMemduh Aydin
Department of Urology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
BJU Int 110:E402-8. 2012To examine the effect of partial urethral obstruction (PUO) on bladder smooth muscle outward potassium current and the contribution of the large-conductance calcium-activated potassium (Maxi-K, BKCa) channel to this activity in smooth ..
- Effect of preemptive treatment of capsaicin or resiniferatoxin on the development of pre-micturition contractions after partial urethral obstruction in the ratHiroshi Tanaka
Department of Urology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 15 West 7 Kita Ku, Sapporo 060 0824, Japan
J Urol 170:1022-6. 2003..bladder afferents, is believed to be one of the major causes of changes in bladder function after partial urethral obstruction. We determined if capsaicin sensitive C-fiber bladder afferents are involved in the development of pre-..
- A novel temporary prostatic stent for the relief of prostatic urethral obstructionA P Corica
Department of Urology, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina
BJU Int 93:346-8. 2004To determine the effect of a novel temporary prostatic stent (The Spanner, AbbeyMoor Medical, Inc., Minnesota, USA) on variables of voiding function and quality of life among patients with prostatic urethral obstruction.
- Captopril reduces deposition of collagen in lamina propria and muscular layers of the bladder and ureter in neonatal dogs with partial urethral obstructionMehdi Shirazi
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Shahid Faghihi Hospital, Shiraz, Iran
Scand J Urol Nephrol 42:324-9. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate, using stereological methods, the effect of captopril on prevention of collagen formation in different layers of the ureter and bladder under conditions of partial urethral obstruction (PUO).
- Diagnosis and treatment of voiding dysfunction caused by urethral obstruction after anti-incontinence surgeryJohn K Nguyen
Division of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaiser Foundation Hospital, Bellflower, California, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 57:468-75. 2002Voiding dysfunction after surgical treatment of stress incontinence may occur as a result of urethral obstruction secondary to hyperelevation of the bladder neck...
- Simple sling incision for the treatment of iatrogenic urethral obstructionHoward B Goldman
Department of Urology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 5046, USA
Urology 62:714-8. 2003To review a single-institution experience with sling incision to treat urethral obstruction resulting from pubovaginal sling placement...
- Evaluation of two techniques of partial urethral obstruction in the male rat model of bladder outlet obstructionArnold Melman
Department of Urology, Institute for Smooth Muscle Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York, USA
Urology 66:1127-33. 2005..In the male rat model, partial urethral obstruction can be performed either by perineal incision and bulbous urethral ligation or retropubic incision and ..
- Use of a balloon-expandable metallic stent to relieve malignant urethral obstruction in a catRebecca G Newman
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 234:236-9. 2009..A 19-year-old neutered male domestic shorthair cat was evaluated because of signs of urinary tract obstruction...
- Congenital posterior urethral obstruction: re-do fulgurationReisuke Imaji
Urology Unit, Royal Children s Hospital, The Department of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne and Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Victoria, Australia
Pediatr Surg Int 18:444-6. 2002In patients with congenital posterior urethral obstruction, transurethral fulguration (TUF) is usually the treatment of choice if the patient is in a stable condition...
- Double urethral obstruction in a neonate - a case reportA Kumar
Department of Paediatric Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Eur J Pediatr Surg 15:449-51. 2005..Congenital anterior urethral diverticulum, although less common, can also cause urethral obstruction. We report a rare combination of the two anomalies in which the proximal, more severe anomaly prevented the ..
- Diagnosis of urethral obstruction with prenatal magnetic resonance imagingOren F Miller
Children s Hospital and Health Center, and Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
J Urol 168:1158-9. 2002
- Antenatal urodynamic studies in the fetal lamb: experimental protocol and preliminary resultsRenaud de Tayrac
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Prenat Diagn 23:187-92. 2003..To set up a fetal lamb model for intrauterine fetal urodynamic studies...
- Correlation between ultrasound and anatomical findings in fetuses with lower urinary tract obstruction in the first half of pregnancyR Robyr
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Paris Ouest University, CHI Poissy St Germain, Paris, France
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:478-82. 2005..Precise identification of the latter remains a challenge antenatally. Our objective was to examine the underlying pathology in male fetuses with sonographic evidence of severe and isolated LUTO...
- Memokath stents for the treatment of detrusor sphincter dyssynergia (DSD) in men with spinal cord injury: the Princess Royal Spinal Injuries Unit 10-year experienceS S Mehta
Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Spinal Cord 44:1-6. 2006..Medical records review...
- Anterior urethral valves and diverticulaP Paulhac
Service d Urologie, CHU Limoges, France
BJU Int 92:506-9. 2003..For diverticula it is not always necessary or desirable to remove the diverticulum; if there is a well-formed distal obstructing lip, removing it may be enough to cure the obstruction...
- Delayed urethral erosion after tension-free vaginal tapeKenneth Powers
Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women s Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:422-5. 2006..Urethroscopy revealed the mesh bridging the lumen of the urethra. Trans-vaginal mesh excision and layered urethral reconstruction was curative in both patients...
- Sexual dysfunction and sudden death in epileptic male EL mice: inheritance and prevention with the ketogenic dietMariana T Todorova
Biology Department, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02167, USA
Epilepsia 44:25-31. 2003..Although EL mice have been studied extensively for >45 years, the etiology of male sudden death and its relation to seizures have not been defined. Here we investigated the cause of EL male sudden death and its relation to epilepsy...
- Urethral pressure profile and hemodynamic effects of phenoxybenzamine and prazosin in non-sedated male beagle dogsJulie R Fischer
Department of Companion Animals, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Ave, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 4P3
Can J Vet Res 67:30-8. 2003..is a readily available alpha-adrenergic antagonist that may be useful in the management of functional urethral obstruction in companion animals...
- Variables predictive of voiding disfunction following aponeurotic sling surgery: multivariate analysisSílvio H M de Almeida
Sector of Urology, Department of Surgery, State University of Londrina, Parana, Brazil
Int Braz J Urol 30:302-6. 2004..There are few studies on factors that could possibly predispose to voiding difficulties or urinary retention. The objective of this work is to identify these potential clinical or urodynamic factors...
- Simple aspiration technique to address voiding dysfunction associated with transurethral injection of dextranomer/hyaluronic acid copolymerSteven P Petrou
Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Urology 68:186-8. 2006..b>Urethral obstruction is a recognized complication of bulking agents...
- [Tissue engineering in urology]L Zini
Service d Urologie, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHRU de Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Ann Urol (Paris) 38:266-74. 2004..Two autotransplants could be distinguished: coherent tissue structure or cell suspensions. The great number of studies published in this area emphasizes the importance of the future clinical implication in urology...
- Initial surgical treatment as a determinant of bladder dysfunction in posterior urethral valvesA Puri
Department of Paediatric Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Pediatr Surg Int 18:438-43. 2002..Primary valve ablation is associated with better bladder function than vesicostomy and should be the treatment of choice in PUV. Also, vesicostomy and ureterostomy have distinctly different effects on bladder function...
- Developmental, estrogen induced infravesical obstruction is reversible in adult male rodentsTomi Streng
Department of Anatomy, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku and Hormos Medical Corp, Turku, Finland
J Urol 168:2263-8. 2002....
- Spontaneous resolution of prenatal megalourethraAmar Nijagal
Fetal Treatment Center, University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94143 0570, USA
J Pediatr Surg 39:1421-3. 2004b>Urethral obstruction in the fetus is rare...
- [Transvaginal urethrolysis for urethral obstruction after anti-incontinence surgery]P C R Palma
Servicio de Uroginecología, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Brasil
Actas Urol Esp 29:207-11. 2005..To analyse the success of transvaginal urethrolysis in resolving voiding dysfunction in patients following an anti-incontinence procedure...
- Long-term outcome of posterior urethral valves ablation using the Mohan's urethral valvotomeO B Shittu
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan and University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
West Afr J Med 23:35-7. 2004..Posterior urethral valves are the most common cause of mechanical infravesical obstruction in children. The disorder has a broad spectrum of severity and the patients could develop complications on the long term, even after valves ablation...
- Boys with posterior urethral valves: outcome concerning renal function, bladder function and paternity at ages 31 to 44 yearsGundela Holmdahl
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Queen Silvia Children Hospital, Sahlgren Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
J Urol 174:1031-4; discussion 1034. 2005..This study is a followup of boys with PUV and dilated upper urinary tract treated in 1956 to 1970 at the Children's Hospital in Göteborg, Sweden...
- Treatment of postoperative voiding dysfunction following incontinence surgeryDanielle D Sweeney
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 700 LS Kaufmann Building, 3471 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Curr Urol Rep 6:365-70. 2005..Within the literature, there has been a paradigm shift toward earlier intervention. Indeed, there are some data to suggest that delayed time to urethrolysis can lead to irreversible bladder dysfunction...
- Successful vesicoamniotic shunting of posterior urethral valves in the first trimester of pregnancyS K Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 26:666-8. 2005..To the best of our knowledge this is the first report of successful vesicoamniotic shunt placement using a double-basket catheter in the first trimester of pregnancy...
- Intrauterine fetal resuscitation following complications of closed fetal surgerySteven S Brumfield
Department Obstetrics and Gynecology, Keesler Medical Center, Keesler Air Force Base, Biloxi, MS, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 20:272-4. 2005..There are limited data about the etiology, incidence, management, or long-term outcomes of complications associated with these procedures...
- [Prenatal diagnosis of obstructive uropathies - positive predictive value and effect on postnatal therapy]F Eckoldt
Klinik und Poliklinik für Kinderchirurgie, Medizinischen Fakultät der Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 207:220-4. 2003..The second aim was to show the accuracy of prenatal diagnosis in the special groups of obstructive uropathies...
- [Fetal posterior urethral valve (PUV) in database of Department of the Diagnosis and Prophylaxis of Congenital Malformation Institute Polish "Mother's Memorial Hospital" in 1994-2002 and echocardiographic results]Mariusz Grzesiak
Ginekol Pol 74:1088-92. 2003..The aim of this study was retrospective analysis of ultrasound and echocardiographic examinations in fetuses with diagnosis of posterior urethral valve, at the referral center from the database of our unit in 8 years (1994-2002)...
- [Rare seminoma metastasis to the corpus spongiosum and urethra]R Gerber
Urologische Klinik, Universitat, Bern, Schweiz
Urologe A 42:1491-2. 2003....
- [Urinary ascites and perirenal urinoma - a renoprotective "Complication" of posterior urethral valves]M Georgieva
Klinik und Poliklinik für Kinderchirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Leipzig AoR, Leipzig
Aktuelle Urol 34:410-2. 2003..Impressive normalization of the upper urinary tract anomalies and renal function occurred after surgical treatment of the valves and removal of obstruction...
- Congenital anterior urethral diverticulum with stone: a unique presentationK Siddharth Karanth
Departments of General Surgery and Urology, SSG Hospital and Medical College, Baroda, Gujarat, India
Urology 61:837. 2003..Three weeks after resolution of extravasation, diverticulectomy with removal of the stone by urethroplasty was done after ruling out associated obstructing anterior urethral valves...
- Distal urinary obstructionSailesh Kumar
Centre for Fetal Care, Queen Charlotte s and Chelsea Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 OHS, UK
Clin Perinatol 30:507-19. 2003..Overcoming these difficulties through equipment modifications might allow definitive testing of whether or not alleviating distal urinary obstruction in utero is beneficial...
- [Urethral valves. Fate of the bladder and upper urinary tract]M C Carr
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Urologe A 43:408-13. 2004..Dysfunctions of the bladder such as hyperreflexia, hypertonic, small capacity bladder, sphincter incompetence and/or myogenic failure should be adequately treated...
- Late urodynamic findings after treating traumatic rupture of the posterior urethra in boysIbrahim Otgun
Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Paediatric Surgery, Ankara, Turkey
BJU Int 97:367-70. 2006....
- Delayed presentation of posterior urethral valves in a child with autismHeidi Sweeney
Connecticut Children s Medical Center, Faculty Practice Plan, Department of Urology, Hartford, USA
Urol Nurs 26:71, 76. 2006
- Management of obstructive voiding dysfunctionR Mark Ellerkmann
Johns Hopkins Medicine, Division of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21204, USA
Drugs Today (Barc) 39:513-40. 2003....
- [Paraurethral abscess developing after mid-urethral Zuidex-injection in women with stress urinary incontinence -- management of complications and retrospective comparison with bladder neck located injection technique]T Hagemeier
Gynäkologische Gemeinschaftspraxis im Beckenbodenzentrum Thüringen, Suhl
Zentralbl Gynakol 128:68-70. 2006..To evaluate the cause and management of paraurethral abscess developing after injection of a mixture of hyaluronic acid and dextranomer (Zuidex) for treating stress urinary incontinence...
- Antenatal intervention: jeopardizing life or limb?John M Gatti
Division of Pediatric Urology, Children s Mercy Hospital and University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri 66211, USA
Urology 60:697. 2002..Although the limb was intact, we present images and a discussion of the potential for extremity injury with antenatal urologic intervention...
- Prospective analysis of renal function and somatic growth in neonatal posterior urethral valvesK L Narasimhan
Department of Paediatric Surgery, PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
Eur J Pediatr Surg 12:267-71. 2002..The present prospective study focuses on the effect of transurethral fulguration (TUF) and vesicostomy on the renal functions and somatic growth in posterior urethral valves (PUV)...
- Fetal lower urinary tract obstructionDavid Lissauer
Division of Reproductive and Child Health, Birmingham Women s Hospital, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, B15 2TG, UK
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 12:464-70. 2007..In appropriately selected fetuses intervention may improve perinatal survival, but long-term renal morbidity amongst survivors remains problematic...
- Symptoms, prostate volume, and urodynamic findings in elderly male volunteers without and with LUTS and in patients with LUTS suggestive of benign prostatic hyperplasiaM D Eckhardt
Department of Urology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Urology 58:966-71. 2001..Except for a smaller prostate volume, the findings in the volunteers with LUTS closely approximated those of the urologic patients with LUTS...
- [The voiding after the suburethral sling operation, obstructive or non-obstructive?]Y Yoshimura
Department of Urology, Fukushima Medical University
Hinyokika Kiyo 47:83-8. 2001..Thus, it is concluded that the suburethral sling operation produces no obstruction as long as the position of the sling material is carefully determined from bladder neck to mid-urethra and excessive tension is avoided...
- Factors affecting outcome in the management of posterior urethral valvesM Bajpai
Department of Paediatric Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Pediatr Surg Int 17:11-5. 2001....
- Posterior urethral valves: the scenario in a developing centerS K Chatterjee
Department of Surgery, Park Children's Center for Treatment and Research, Calcutta, India
Pediatr Surg Int 17:2-7. 2001....
- Long-term results of surgery for posterior urethral valves: a reviewS J Karmarkar
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children, Parel Mumbai, India
Pediatr Surg Int 17:8-10. 2001....
- Preventing urethral obstruction using the 6-point fixation and weight-adjusted spacing nomogram during sling surgeryJ M Choe
Urodynamics and Continence Center, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 12:122-8. 2001..Mean time to suprapubic tube removal was 7 days (range 1-21). No patients experienced urinary retention or urethral obstruction. Mean satisfaction score was 9/10 (range 7-10) and all patients said they would undergo surgery again...
- Posterior urethral valves presented at birth despite normal prenatal ultrasound scansJ Moslehi
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, USA
Urology 57:1178. 2001..We present a patient with significant upper urinary tract involvement identified 2 days after birth, despite a normal third-trimester antenatal ultrasound scan...
- Treatment options for outlet obstruction following anti-incontinence surgery in femalesR D Cespedes
Department of Urology (MCSU, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland, AFB, Texas 78236, USA
Tech Urol 7:118-25. 2001b>Urethral obstruction following surgical treatment of stress incontinence can result in a wide spectrum of symptoms ranging from mild urgency to complete retention at its most extreme...
- Endoscopic fetal urethrotomy for anterior urethral valves: a preliminary reportHaruhiko Sago
Division of Fetal Medicine, Department of Perinatal Medicine and Maternal Care, National Center for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
Fetal Diagn Ther 24:92-5. 2008Anterior urethral valves are a rare congenital anomaly associated with distal urethral obstruction, which can result in a poor prognosis...
- Fetal surgery for posterior urethral valves: long-term postnatal outcomesN Holmes
Department of Urology and Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Pediatrics 108:E7. 2001..Fetal surgery for obstructive uropathy should be performed only for the carefully selected patient who has severe oligohydramnios and "normal"-appearing kidneys...
- Early results of pubovaginal sling lysis by midline sling incisionVictor W Nitti
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Urology 59:47-51; discussion 51-2. 2002..To describe a simplified technique and results of pubovaginal sling lysis by incision of the sling in the midline by way of a transvaginal approach...
- Congenital posterior urethral membrane: variable morphological expressionR Imaji
Urology Unit, Royal Children's Hospital, Victoria, Australia
J Urol 165:1240-2; discussion 1242-3. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: This study demonstrates that congenital posterior urethral membrane represents a spectrum of lesions and may vary in the degree of obstruction...
- Re: The impact of late presentation of posterior urethral valves on bladder and renal function. O. Ziylan, T. Oktar, H. Ander, E. Korgali, H. Rodoplu and T. Kocak, J Urol, 175: 1894-1897, 2006Paddy Dewan
J Urol 176:2748. 2006
- Posterior urethral valve: Outcome of antenatal interventionMamdouh A Salam
Pediatric Surgery Department, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Int J Urol 13:1317-22. 2006..This study evaluated the long-term outcome of managing patients with posterior urethral valves (PUV), highlighting the effect of antenatal vesicoamniotic shunt placement for patients who underwent fetal surgery...
- Evaluation of the effects of temporary covered nitinol stent placement in the prostatic urethra: short-term study in the canine modelVeronica Crisostomo
Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, Avda de la Universidad, s n Campus Universitario, 10071, Caceres, Spain
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:731-7. 2007..To evaluate the effect of temporary stent placement on the canine prostatic urethra...
- Botulinum toxin urethral sphincter injection resolves urinary retention after pubovaginal sling operationC P Smith
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3471 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 13:185-6. 2002..retention following pubovaginal sling surgery typically involves transvaginal urethrolysis for anatomical urethral obstruction. Brubaker  recently reported on urethral sphincter abnormalities as a cause of postoperative urinary ..
- Oxybutynin for diagnosis of infravesical obstruction in boys with urinary incontinenceLaetitia M O de Kort
Department of Pediatric Urology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Urology 62:127-30; discussion 130-1. 2003..To investigate whether good suppression of symptoms during anticholinergic therapy in boys with urinary urge incontinence is correlated with anatomic infravesical obstruction...
- Implications of abdominal straining in women with lower urinary tract symptomsJenn Ming Yang
Division of Urogynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Urology 60:428-33. 2002..To explore the urodynamic significance of abdominal straining during voiding in female subjects with lower urinary tract symptoms...
- Ultrasound grade of hydronephrosis and severity of renal cortical damage on 99m technetium dimercaptosuccinic acid renal scan in infants with unilateral hydronephrosis during followup and after pyeloplastyRyuichiro Konda
Department of Urology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
J Urol 167:2159-63. 2002....
- Evaluation and management of urinary retention after a suburethral sling procedure in womenLysanne Campeau
Curr Urol Rep 9:412-8. 2008..Overcorrection of urethral angle or exaggerated applied tension may lead to urethral obstruction, causing complete urinary retention or obstructive voiding symptoms...
- A protocol for managing urethral obstruction in male cats without urethral catheterizationEdward S Cooper
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 237:1261-6. 2010To determine efficacy of a protocol for managing urethral obstruction (UO) in male cats without urethral catheterization.
- Presumptive pseudohypoaldosteronism secondary to chronic urinary tract obstruction from sloughed urinary bladder mucosa and urinary tract infection in a catLisa M Mahlum
Emergency and Critical Care Department, Angell Animal Medical Center AAMC, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Vet Emerg Crit Care (San Antonio) 20:601-10. 2010..of presumptive secondary pseudohypoaldosteronism (PHA) in a cat with urinary tract infection and chronic urethral obstruction. The obstruction was believed to have resulted from sloughed urinary bladder mucosa secondary to pressure ..
- [Virtual CT-pneumocystoscopy: indications, advantages and limitations. Our experience]Giovanni Regine
Struttura Complessa di Radiologia Generale, Ospedale S Camillo, Roma
Radiol Med 106:154-9. 2003..This study investigates the sensitivity of virtual CT in assessing lesion of the bladder wall to compare it with that of conventional endoscopy, and outlines the indications, advantages and disadvantages of virtual CT-pneumocystography...
- [Stress urinary incontinence surgery with MiniArc swing system: our experience]J Jiménez Calvo
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Virgen del Camino, Pamplona, Espana
Actas Urol Esp 34:372-7. 2010..To describe the surgical technique of AMS MiniArc swing system for the treatment of female urinary incontinence, evaluate its results and complications...
- [Minimally invasive surgery in pediatric patients within a general urology department]Jorge Subirá Ríos
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Clínico Universiario Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 61:695-8. 2008..We perform a review of our experience, as a general hospital, with minimally invasive surgery performed in pediatric patients over the last ten years...
- Syndromes and disorders associated with omphalocele (III): single gene disorders, neural tube defects, diaphragmatic defects and othersChih Ping Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 46:111-20. 2007..C syndrome; Elejalde syndrome; Malpuech syndrome; cervical ribs, Sprengel anomaly, anal atresia and urethral obstruction; hydrocephalus with associated malformations; Kennerknecht syndrome; lymphedema, atrial septal defect and ..
- Renal transplantation in children with severe bladder dysfunctionS Mendizabal
Service Pediatric Nephrology, Hospital La Fe of Valencia, Avda Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
J Urol 173:226-9. 2005..Renal transplantation in children with bladder dysfunction carries a risk for the renal graft. We report our experience with transplantation in 15 patients 6 to 18 years old with severe abnormalities of the lower urinary tract...
- [Deferred adjustment of the tension of tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) after surgical repair of stress urinary incontinence in women]D Champetier
Service d Urologie, hôpital de l Antiquaille, 1, rue de l Antiquaille, 69321 Lyon
Prog Urol 11:1314-9. 2001..The authors report a modification of the original technique designed to decrease the risk of postoperative dysuria and retention...
- Familial recurrence of urethral stenosis/atresiaJoseph R Siebert
Department of Laboratories, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, Washington, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 85:715-9. 2009..b>Urethral obstruction in the fetus, when severe, results in a dilated urinary bladder (megacystis) and associated urinary ..
- Inhibitory effects of nicorandil, a K ATP channel opener and a nitric oxide donor, on overactive bladder in animal modelsYutaka Kamiyama
Department of Urology, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
BJU Int 101:360-5. 2008..Nicorandil is currently used clinically to treat ischaemic heart disease...
- Histological characterization of the urethral edges in patients who underwent bulbar anastomotic urethroplastyEloísio Alexsandro da Silva
Laboratory for Translational Research in Urology, Service of Urology, Pedro Ernesto Memorial Hospital, Rio de Janeiro State University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Urol 180:2042-6. 2008..However, normal urethral limits are determined during surgical reconstruction based on macroscopic appearance only. We evaluated structural changes of the presumed healthy urethral ends...
- Oral glucosamine and the management of feline idiopathic cystitisD A Gunn-Moore
University of Edinburgh Small Animal Hospital, Royal Dick School Veterinary Studies, Easterbush Veterinary Centre, Roslin, Midlothian, Scotland EH25 9RG, UK
J Feline Med Surg 6:219-25. 2004..28). Two cats suffered from such severe recurrent urethral obstruction that they were euthanased; they were both in the placebo group...
- Long-term functional evaluation of fecal continence after laparoscopic-assisted pull-through for high anorectal malformationsMohamed S El-Debeiky
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 19:S51-4. 2009..This necessitates a functional reevaluation...
- [Non-coordinated micturition syndrome mimicking posterior urethral valves in a male neonate]R Martin-Crespo Izquierdo
Servicio de Cirugia Pediatrica, Hospital Sanatorio Nuestra Señora del Rosario, C Príncipe de Vergara, 53, 28006 Madrid
Cir Pediatr 16:134-8. 2003..with prenatal diagnosis of abnormal bladder function in a male neonate with postpatally no anatomical urethral obstruction and bladder dysfunction...
- Vesicoureteral reflux in conjunction with posterior urethral valvesJukka Heikkilä
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hyvinkaa Hospital, Hyvinkaa, Finland
J Urol 182:1555-60. 2009We evaluated the link between primary kidney function and vesicoureteral reflux in patients with posterior urethral valves. We also analyzed the timing of the resolution of reflux after release of urethral obstruction.
- Comparative effectiveness of prostate cancer surgical treatments: a population based analysis of postoperative outcomesWilliam T Lowrance
Urology Service, Department of Surgery, Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Cancers, and Health Outcomes Research Group, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 183:1366-72. 2010..We compared laparoscopic prostatectomy with or without robotic assistance vs open radical prostatectomy in terms of postoperative outcomes and subsequent cancer directed therapy...
- Management of urethrocutaneous fistula following hypospadias repairA J A Holland
Department of Academic Surgery, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, The University of Sydney, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
Pediatr Surg Int 24:1047-51. 2008..The risk of recurrent urethrocutaneous fistula was increased in those boys with a posterior fistula, following a simple repair or when there was evidence of distal urethral obstruction.
- The detrusor glycogen content of a de-obstructed bladder reflects the functional history of that bladder during PBOOBas W D de Jong
Department of Pediatric Urology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neurourol Urodyn 27:454-60. 2008To determine if detrusor glycogen content in a bladder after removal of a urethral obstruction reflects the situation of bladder dysfunction as it existed during the period of obstruction.
- [Disseminated BCG infection in patients with urinary bladder carcinoma]Milos Korac
Institut za infektivne i tropske bolesti Dr Kosta Todorović, Klinicki centar Srbije, Beograd
Med Pregl 62:592-5. 2009..instillation of BCG: high temperature followed by hematuria or granulomatous prostatits, epidydimoorchitis, urethral obstruction, and less than 1% have a systemic disease followed by dissemination of bacteria into other organs.
- Videourodynamic and sphincter motor unit potential analyses in Parkinson's disease and multiple system atrophyR Sakakibara
Department of Neurology, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670 Japan
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 71:600-6. 2001..Recent advances in investigative uroneurology offer a better insight into the underlying pathophysiology and appropriate management for urinary dysfunction...
- Intraoperative high-dose-rate brachytherapy for the treatment of pediatric tumors: the Ohio State University experienceS Nag
Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 51:729-35. 2001....
- Preputial obstruction and urine-induced cellulitis due to nonnutritive suckling in a male white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) fawnTimothy A Snider
Department of Pathobiology, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, USA
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 47:61-3. 2008..was diagnosed at necropsy with a ventral abdominal cellulitis secondary to urine after preputial swelling, urethral obstruction and hemorrhage, and focal urethral rupture...
- Short-term effect of a single levodopa dose on micturition disturbance in Parkinson's disease patients with the wearing-off phenomenonTomoyuki Uchiyama
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Mov Disord 18:573-8. 2003..042), reflecting urethral obstruction on voiding; decreased residual urine volume (P = 0...
- Primary endodermal sinus tumor of the prostate: report of a caseP Dalla Palma
Institute of Pathological Anatomy, University of Padova, Italy
Prostate 12:255-61. 1988..Cystourethrography showed a prostatic urethral obstruction, and CT scan demonstrated a low pelvic solid mass involving the prostate and the seminal vescicle...
- Bladder-sphincter dysfunction in myelomeningoceleJ D van Gool
Paediatric Renal Centre WKZ, Wilhelmina Kinderziekenhuis, University Medical Centre Utrecht, PO Box 85090, 3508 AB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Pediatr 160:414-20. 2001..causes renal damage due to obstructive uropathy, exactly the same way as a congenital anatomical urethral obstruction does...
- Successful resuscitation from cardiac arrest associated with extradural lidocaine in a dogIoannis Savvas
Clinic of Surgery, Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, St Voutyra 11, GR 546 27 Thessaloniki, Greece
Vet Anaesth Analg 33:175-8. 2006..Extradural lidocaine exerts several adverse effects which are seldom fatal. While cardiac arrest following extradural lidocaine injection has been reported in human beings, it has not hitherto been reported in dogs...
- Complications of chronic indwelling urinary cathetersPaul J Drinka
Wisconsin Veterans Home, King, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 54946 0620, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 7:388-92. 2006Chronic indwelling catheters are used to manage urinary retention, especially in the presence of urethral obstruction, and to facilitate healing of incontinence-related skin breakdown...
- Bladder outlet obstruction in women: difficulties in the diagnosisRobert Klijer
Department of Urology, University Hospital of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Urol Int 73:6-10. 2004..To identify the difficulties in diagnosing bladder outlet obstruction in women...
- STROMAL/EPITHELIAL INTERACTIONS IN THE BLADDERGerald Cunha; Fiscal Year: 2000..This hypothesis will be tested using an experimental model of urethral obstruction in which bladder SM responds by undergoing hypertrophy...
- OBSTRUCTED BLADDER MUSCLE: ELECTROPHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECTSJACEK MOSTWIN; Fiscal Year: 1993..The proposal requests support to utilize a recently developed guinea pig model of urethral obstruction to study these electrical changes...
- KIDNEY AND UROLOGICAL RESEARCH CENTERSAhmad Elbadawi; Fiscal Year: 1991..It is well known that urethral obstruction can lead to ureteral dysfunction, and eventually to deterioration of renal function...
- Trauma Center Brief Alcohol Treatments and Cost EffectivenesThomas J Esposito; Fiscal Year: 2010..New knowledge of the effectiveness, benefits and costs of these two Bl approaches would allow surgeons and trauma centers to make informed choices about alcohol interventions in trauma settings. ..
- Murine slow onset outlet obstruction as a model of human voiding dysfunctionRonald W Wood; Fiscal Year: 2010..Valid animal models of disease should respond similarly to patients treated with prescription medications. Such models help identify new types of medications as well as their likelihood of side effects. ..
- Calcineurin in Congenital Urinary Tract ObstructionFeng Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results from the proposed studies will provide mechanistic insights into the function of calcineurin in normal and abnormal development of the urinary tract and the etiology of congenital obstructive nephropathy. ..
- TNF Mediates Obstruction-Induced Renal InjuryKIRSTAN MELDRUM; Fiscal Year: 2008..and enhance the knowlegde gained by the applicant during her residency and fellowship training to develop a clinically relevant therapeutic approach to the treatment and prevention of obstructive renal injury [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The molecular basis for an animal model of inherited hyperuricosuriaDanika Bannasch; Fiscal Year: 2007..The elucidation of a novel gene function should provide new avenues of investigation for the treatment of the human condition. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Therapies Treatment Consort*Claus Roehrborn; Fiscal Year: 2005..The MIST Study Group will be a blueprint for a technology assessment group applicable to other areas of urology and other medical or surgical subspecialties. ..
- Outcomes Research and Training in OncologyJames Talcott; Fiscal Year: 2005..One approach to these issues is to identify differences in outcomes based on the mode of diagnosis (screening vs. investigation of symptoms). ..
- Intercellular Signaling in Obstructive NephropathyROBERT CHEVALIER; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will lead to improved outcomes in adulthood. ..
- TGF-beta superfamily in neonatal obstructive nephropathy and recoveryRobert L Chevalier; Fiscal Year: 2010..A new animal (mouse) model is proposed to study the major cellular mechanisms for injury to the newborn kidney, as well as to evaluate new therapies to enhance recovery. ..
- UROTHELIAL DIFFENTIATIONLaurence Baskin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, we propose that abnormal epithelial-stroma signaling that occurs when intestinal segments are placed in contact with the bladder may lead to cellular changes such as atypia or even cancer. ..