- Lessons learned using Snodgrass hypospadias repair
K M O'Connor
Dept of Urology, Cork University Hospital
Ir J Med Sci 175:37-9. 2006
..This is a review of our experience with the Snodgrass technique for distal hypospadias repair and we point to lessons learned in improving results...
- Urethral duplication with a perineal opening in a four-year-old boy
Linus I Okeke
Urology Division, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
J Natl Med Assoc 98:284-6. 2006
..The embryologic development of UD remains to be clearly elucidated and the etiology of the condition is unknown. We present our experience with a 4 year old boy who presented with urethral duplication...
- The standardisation of terminology in lower urinary tract function: report from the standardisation sub-committee of the International Continence Society
Bristol Urological Institute, Bristol, United Kingdom
Urology 61:37-49. 2003
- Hydrophilic-coated catheters for intermittent catheterisation reduce urethral micro trauma: a prospective, randomised, participant-blinded, crossover study of three different types of catheters
Department of Anaesthesia, Centre of Head and Orthopaedics, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
Eur Urol 48:978-83. 2005
..To compare two hydrophilic-coated (SpeediCath and LoFric and one uncoated gel-lubricated catheter (InCare Advance Plus) concerning withdrawal friction force and urethral micro trauma...
- Gracilis muscle transposition for fistulas between the rectum and urethra or vagina
Colorectal Unit, Division of Surgery B, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizman Street, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Dis Colon Rectum 49:1316-21. 2006
..This study was designed to assess the efficacy of gracilis muscle transposition in repairing rectovaginal and rectourethral fistulas...
- Urethral diverticulum as a sequela of unrepaired penile fracture
Gregory R Hanson
Department of Urology, University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Can J Urol 14:3461-2. 2007
..We report a case of an acquired urethral diverticula secondary to unrepaired penile fracture and urethral injury and review the literature on the topic...
- Anterior urethral valves in children: a possible association between anterior urethral valves and Cowper's duct cyst
Department of Urology, Division of Frontier Medical Science, Programs for Biomedical Research, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Int J Urol 14:156-60. 2007
..These congenital anomalies of the anterior urethra should be considered in the differential diagnosis of obstructive lesions of the urinary tract...
- Rectal chlamydia--a reservoir of undiagnosed infection in men who have sex with men
N T Annan
GUM HIV Directorate, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Sex Transm Infect 85:176-9. 2009
..To determine the prevalence of rectal chlamydia infection in a cohort of men who have sex with men (MSM) and the proportion of infection that would be missed without routine screening...
- Anterior urethral valves and diverticula in children: a result of ruptured Cowper's duct cyst?
Dawn L McLellan
Department of Urology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
BJU Int 94:375-8. 2004
..To review a series of children with anterior urethral valves and diverticula, to elucidate the pathophysiology and optimal management of this entity...
- A comparison of urethral pressure profilometry using microtip and double-lumen perfusion catheters in women with genuine stress incontinence
Alex C Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
BJOG 109:322-6. 2002
..To compare urethral pressure profilometry measurements using microtip transducer and double-lumen perfusion catheters...
- Parameatal urethral cysts in prepubertal males
Heather L Willis
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Urol 185:1042-5. 2011
..Parameatal urethral cyst in boys is an uncommon and often poorly understood condition. We describe the largest known series of 18 prepubertal boys with parameatal cysts...
- Posterior urethral valves
Divisione di Chirurgia Pediatrica, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Policlinico A Gemelli, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168 Roma, Italy
Rays 27:131-4. 2002
..At present, with miniaturized endoscopes, valve fulguration is feasible also in newborn infants. In low-weight patients or in case of poor general condition, temporary external urinary bypass (e.g. cystostomy) is feasible...
- Congenital anterior urethral diverticulum with stone: a unique presentation
K Siddharth Karanth
Departments of General Surgery and Urology, SSG Hospital and Medical College, Baroda, Gujarat, India
Urology 61:837. 2003
..Three weeks after resolution of extravasation, diverticulectomy with removal of the stone by urethroplasty was done after ruling out associated obstructing anterior urethral valves...
- Low anorectal malformation associated with 'ano-urethro-cutaneous' fistula
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Kasturba Medical College and Hospital, Manipal 576104, Karnataka, India
Pediatr Surg Int 21:829-30. 2005
..We are reporting a case of 'ano-uerthro-cutaneous fistula' associated with a low ano rectal malformation...
- Double urethral obstruction in a neonate - a case report
Department of Paediatric Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Eur J Pediatr Surg 15:449-51. 2005
..We report a rare combination of the two anomalies in which the proximal, more severe anomaly prevented the initial expression of the other...
- Dorsal double-layer dartos flap for preventing fistulae formation in the Snodgrass technique
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Numune Training and Research Hospital, Erzurum, Turkey
Urol Int 78:241-4. 2007
..However, fistula is the most common complication of this technique. The aim of this study was to investigate the importance of the single and double flap to prevent fistula formation in the Snodgrass procedure...
- Tunica vaginalis interposition flap in the closure of massive disruption of the neourethral tube (macro urethrocutaneous fistulae)
R B Singh
9 J 15, Medical Campus, PGIMS, 124001 Rohtak, Haryana, India
Pediatr Surg Int 20:464-6. 2004
..The use of a tunica vaginalis interposition flap in the successful closure of 14 macro urethrocutaneous fistulae (2-4 cm long) is described...
- Normal and abnormal embryonic development of the anorectum in rats
Department of Pediatric Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, People s Republic of China
J Pediatr Surg 39:587-90. 2004
..The aim of this study was to observe the developmental processes of anorectum in rats and to explore the abnormal embryonic development that leads to ARM...
- Use of buccal mucosa patch graft for recurrent large urethrocutaneous fistula after hypospadias repair
Department of Urology, Heim Pal Children s Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
Urol Int 72:329-31; discussion 331. 2004
..To assess the effectiveness of buccal mucosa patch graft in the treatment of recurrent large urethrocutaneous fistula after hypospadias repair...
- Timing of the presentation of urethrocutaneous fistulas after hypospadias repair in pediatric patients
Hadley M Wood
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Urol 180:1753-6. 2008
..We evaluated the timing of the presentation of urethrocutaneous fistulas after hypospadias repair and the development of recurrent urethrocutaneous fistulas after prior fistula repair...
- Outcome analysis of simple and complex urethrocutaneous fistula closure using a de-epithelialized or full thickness skin advancement flap for coverage
Department of Urology, Children s National Medical Center and the George Washington School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
J Urol 170:1589-92; discussion 1592. 2003
..We review our experience repairing simple and complex urethrocutaneous fistulas using a de-epithelialized or full thickness skin advancement flap for 2-layer coverage over the fistula...
- [Perineal approach to repair rectal and cutaneous fistulas involving the urethra and bladder]
Urologische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum, RWTH Aachen, 520570 Aachen
Urologe A 46:1412-5. 2007
..In addition in three patients prostatectomy was performed. All fistulas were repaired successfully with minimal morbidity...
- [Repair of urethral fistula resulting from correction of hypospadias: experience with 56 cases]
Guo jin Zhao
Department of Urology, Xinhui People s Hospital, Xinhui 529100, Guangzhou China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 24:113-4. 2004
..To improve the success rate of one-stage urethral fistula repair by modifying the surgical procedures, suture material and application of urethral stent...
- Sinus formation after insertion of a silicone-coated suburethral sling
S Abbas Shobeiri
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Section of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 920 Stanton L Young Boulevard, WP2410, Oklahoma City, OK 73190, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 14:356-7. 2003
..Silicone mesh may erode to form a sinus tract if used as suburethral sling material...
- Two-stage hypospadias repair: audit in a district general hospital
R D Price
Department of Plastic Surgery, South Manchester University Teaching Hospital, Southmoor Park Road, Manchester M23 9LT, UK
Br J Plast Surg 56:752-8. 2003
..We conclude that the two-stage repair is a useful and reliable technique in the hands of a Plastic Surgeon who has a broader interest...
- The modified Snodgrass hypospadias repair: reducing the risk of fistula and meatal stenosis
Venkata R Jayanthi
Section of Pediatric Urology, Columbus Children s Hospital, Ohio, USA
J Urol 170:1603-5; discussion 1605. 2003
..Multiple series document excellent cosmetic outcome in conjunction with low complication rates. Modifications to the original procedure are presented, which may further limit the risk of complications...
- Outcome analysis of tunica vaginalis flap for the correction of recurrent urethrocutaneous fistula in children
Exekiel H Landau
Pediatric Urology Unit, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
J Urol 170:1596-9; discussion 1599. 2003
..If the dartos fascia is unavailable and local penile skin is fibrotic as a result of previous operations, a tunica vaginalis flap may be considered. We report our experience with tunica vaginalis flap as an adjunct to fistula repair...
- Anterior transanal, transsphincteric sagittal approach for fistula repair secondary to laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: a simple and effective technique
Octavio A Castillo
Section of Endourology and Laparoscopic Urology, Department of Urology, Clinica Santa Maria, Santiago de Chile, Chile
Urology 68:198-201. 2006
..To report our experience with the anterior, transanal, transsphincteric, sagittal approach in the correction of rectourinary fistula secondary to laparoscopic radical prostatectomy...
- Giant urethral diverticulum: unusual complication following ventral buccal mucosa onlay graft urethroplasty
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Urol Int 77:368-70. 2006
..We report on the case of a 63-year-old man who developed a giant diverticulum of the urethra 1 year after a ventral buccal mucosa onlay graft urethroplasty for recurrent bulbar urethral strictures had been worked out...
- Rectourinary perineal fistula--a unique anomaly
Subir K Chatterjee
Park Children s Center for Treatment and Research, 700017 Kolkata, India
J Pediatr Surg 40:1658-61. 2005
..The first patient had a more severe malformation, rectovesicoperineal fistula, and has been followed up for 28 years. The second, with a lesser malformation, rectourethroperineal fistula, has been followed up for 19 years...
- Posterior urethral valves in a newborn with imperforate anus: clinical presentation and management
Gregory T Banever
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Baystate Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
J Pediatr Surg 40:1332-4. 2005
..Posterior urethral valves associated with anorectal malformations are exceedingly rare. We report the third case described in literature and the unique management...
- Rectourethral fistula associated with two short segment urethral strictures in the anterior and posterior urethra: single-stage reconstruction using buccal mucosa and a radial forearm fasciocutaneous free flap
Bradley A Erickson
Department of Urology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Urology 67:195-8. 2006
..We report a novel surgical technique used to repair a rectourethral fistula associated with two short-segment urethral strictures located in the anterior and posterior segments of the urethra in a patient with prior unsuccessful repairs...
- Isolated congenital urethrocutaneous fistula
R Yavuz Akman
Abant Izzet Baysal University, Duzce Medical School, Department of Urology, Duzce, Turkey
Int J Urol 12:417-8. 2005
..A case of congenital urethrocutaneous fistula not associated with other congenital anomalies is reported, discussing possible etiologies and surgical management...
- Dorsal dartos flap for preventing fistula in the Snodgrass hypospadias repair
Miroslav L Djordjevic
Department of Urology, University Children s Hospital, Belgrade, Serbia
BJU Int 95:1303-9. 2005
..To evaluate the importance of urethral covering using vascularized dorsal subcutaneous tissue for preventing fistula in the Snodgrass hypospadias repair...
- Tubularized-incised plate urethroplasty in adults
Solapur Kidney Care and Research Centre Pvt Ltd, Urology, Solapur, Maharashtra, India
BJU Int 95:374-6. 2005
..To evaluate the results of tubularized incised-plate (TIP) urethroplasty for distal and midshaft hypospadias in adults, and to underline technical aspects to decrease complications...
- Laparoscopic transvesical urethrorectal fistula repair: a new technique
Ali S Gözen
Department of Urology, SLK Kliniken Heilbronn, University of Heidelberg, Heilbronn, Germany
Urology 67:833-6. 2006
..Urethrocystoscopy revealed a urethrorectal fistula in the prostatic fossa. Primary conservative treatment failed...
- Suture materials: do they affect fistula and stricture rates in flap urethroplasties?
Paediatric Surgery Unit, Istituto Materno Infantile, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Urol Int 73:320-4. 2004
..We retrospectively evaluated the role of suture materials in the complication rate of urethroplasty procedures performed in our institution over a 10-year period...
- [A case of calculus in male urethral diverticulum]
The Department of Urology, Japan Self Defence Forces Sapporo General Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 53:145-8. 2007
..After the operation, retrograde urethrography revealed the tissue-like urethral valve, and there was bleeding from the anastomosis of the urethra, but the patient was finally free of the disease...
- [Surgery of the female urethra: meatus-plasty, operation of the urethral caruncle, urethral prolapse and urethral diverticulum]
P de Geeter
Klinik für Urologie, Klinikum Kassel GmbH
Aktuelle Urol 37:226-38; quiz 239-43. 2006
- [Operative position suitable for transvaginal excision of urethral diverticulum or closure of urethrovaginal fistula]
Department of Urology, Nara Medical University, and Department of Urology, Kouseikai Takai Hospital
Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi 97:757-60. 2006
..2) the surgeons can dissect and suture safely and accurately. (3) the assistants also can help in the operation bimanually in the same view as the surgeon when the posterior vaginal wall is fixed with a retractor...
- Posterior urethral diverticulum after laparoscopic-assisted repair of high-type anorectal malformation in a male patient: surgical treatment and prevention
Department of Pediatric General and Urogenital Surgery, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, 113 8421 Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 21:58-60. 2005
..Histopathology of the excised mucosa of the cyst showed colonic mucosa, confirming that the cyst was indeed an enlarged residual RUF. We discuss our treatment and our approach to prevention...
- Urethral necrosis and proximal urethro-vaginal fistula resulting from tension-free vaginal tape
Andrew L Siegel
Department of Urology, Hackensack University Medical Center, 20 Prospect Avenue, Suite 715, Hackensack, NJ 07601, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:661-4. 2006
..Initially, she underwent debridement and removal of the TVT fragments, a secondary vaginal flap urethroplasty with a labial fibro-fatty graft to restore urethral length, and a tertiary coaptive occlusive sling to restore continence...
- Tunneled tunica vaginalis flap is an effective technique for recurrent urethrocutaneous fistulas following tubularized incised plate urethroplasty
Jonathan C Routh
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Urol 176:1578-80; discussion 1581. 2006
..However, to our knowledge its use after tubularized incised plate repair has not yet been described. We present our results with this technique...
- Re: Miroslav L. Djordjevic, Sava V. Perovic, Zoran Slavkovic and Nenad Djakovic. Longitudinal dorsal dartos flap for prevention of fistula after a Snodgrass hypospadias procedure. Eur urol 2006;50:53-57
Eur Urol 51:856; author reply 857. 2007
- Female urethral diverticula
James W S Lee
Division of Urogynaecology and Pelvic Floor Reconstruction, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National University Hospital, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore, Singapore 119074
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 19:875-93. 2005
..This chapter describes the current management of this condition, and it heralds a re-look at the patho-aetiology in view of recent MRI findings of symptomatic non-communicating microcystic lesions...
- [Urethral diverticulum in men following ureteroplasty: four case reports]
Service d urologie A centre hospitalier universitaire Ibn Sina, 27, rue Patrice Lumumba, appartement 65, Rabat, Maroc
Ann Urol (Paris) 37:127-30. 2003
..Two steps are necessary as the reported cases, where they are urethral stenosis or a inflammatory involvement of the peridiverticulum tissues. This treatment achieves good results...
- Spongioplasty and separation of the corpora cavernosa for hypospadias repair
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
BJU Int 91:528-31. 2003
..To describe a surgical method (a modified Duplay technique), and its results, for hypospadias repair, developed to avoid the common complication of fistula...
- Application of the Cecil-Culp repair for treatment of urethrocutaneous fistulas after hypospadias surgery
J J Ehle
Division of Pediatric Urology, Children's Hospital of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Urology 57:347-50. 2001
..Although this technique requires a brief second-stage operation, no recurrent fistula has occurred in any of our patients...
- The utility of buccal mucosa graft in salvage urethroplasty
Division of Urology, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Can J Urol 9:1641-5. 2002
..To evaluate our results with buccal mucosa free grafts in salvage urethroplasty...
- Evaluation and management of female urethral diverticulum
F M Nezu
Department of Urology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Tech Urol 7:169-75. 2001
..Management is still primarily surgical and entails proper anatomical identification of the defects that cause the diverticulum, so subsequent reconstruction can be performed easily and with minimal morbidity...
- Comparison of long-term results according to the primary mode of management and type of injury for posterior urethral injuries
Ja Hyeon Ku
Department of Urology, Military Manpower Administration, Taejeon, Korea
Urol Int 69:227-32. 2002
- Megalourethra and urethral diverticula
Eric A Jones
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, 6701 Fannin Street, Clinical Care Center, Suite 600, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Urol Clin North Am 29:341-8, vi. 2002
..Finally, satisfactory surgical management demands meticulous attention to surgical technique...
- Urethrorectal fistula by bull horn injury
D K Pal
Division of Urology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
J Indian Med Assoc 100:47. 2002
..Initially sigmoid colostomy and suprapubic cystostomy was done. Later optical internal urethrotomy was done. The patient was catheterised for 3 weeks and the fistula healed completely...
- Small intestinal submucosa as a urethral coverage layer
D J Grossklaus
Division of Pediatric Urology and Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Urol 166:636-9. 2001
..When used as a urethral coverage layer, it appears to provide extra tissue between the urethra and skin. Small intestinal submucosa may potentially decrease the incidence of urethrocutaneous fistula after urethral surgery...
- Early closure of fistula after hypospadias surgery using N-butyl cyanoacrylate: preliminary results
Steven P Lapointe
Hospital of St Justine, Montreal, Canada
J Urol 168:1751-3. 2002
..We determine the effectiveness of the tissue adhesive n-butyl cyanoacrylate for early repair of fistula after hypospadias surgery in children...
- Variables in successful repair of urethrocutaneous fistula after hypospadias surgery
Bradley J Waterman
Division of Urology, University of Utah School of Medicine and Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Urol 168:726-30; discussion 729-30. 2002
..We evaluate variables affecting the success of repairs of urethrocutaneous fistula after hypospadias surgery...
- Distal hypospadias: which repair?
Department of Paediatric Surgery, St George s Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 90:88-91. 2002
..To compare the function, complications and cosmesis after a modified Thiersch-Duplay and Mathieu unstented urethroplasty...
- Management of severe hypospadias using Glassberg's modification of the Duckett repair
Department of Paediatric Urology, Alder Hey Children s Hospital, Liverpool, UK
BJU Int 89:101-2. 2002
..To assess the effectiveness of Glassberg's modification of Duckett's technique in the surgical correction of severe hypospadias...
- Management of recurrent urethral fistulas after hypospadias repair
Section of Urology, University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Urology 61:448-51. 2003
..To report on our experience in the management of recurrent urethrocutaneous fistulas in order to understand the etiology and outcome of secondary repair of the failed fistula closure...
- Aphallia with congenital urethrorectal fistula
Chris B Threatt
Division of Urologic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Urology 61:458-9. 2003
- Outcome of hypospadias fistula repair
K R Shankar
Department of Paediatric Urology, Alder Hey Children s Hospital, Liverpool, UK
BJU Int 89:103-5. 2002
..For recurrent fistulae, tissues from an unscarred area (tunica vaginalis or scrotal dartos layer) should be used to cover the fistula...
- Considerations before repair of acquired rectourethral and urethrovaginal fistulas in children
Guo Chang Liu
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Guangzhou Children s Hospital, Guangzhou 510120, China
World J Pediatr 4:53-7. 2008
..This study was undertaken to determine the timing of the procedure and the repair of rectourethral and urethrovaginal fistula...
- Mathieu urethroplasty as a salvage procedure: 20-year experience
Clinic of Urology, Ankara Teaching and Research Hospital, Ministry of Health, Ankara, Turkey
J Urol 169:2325-6; author reply 2326-7. 2003
..We assessed the results of the Mathieu procedure in a series of patients who had undergone multiple prior hypospadias repairs...
- Urethrorectal fistula: transanal, transsphincteric approach with locally based pedicle interposition flaps
Daniel J Culkin
Department of Urology, Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
J Urol 169:2181-3. 2003
..We report preliminary experience with the transsphincteric, transanal surgical approach to correct acquired urethrorectal fistula...
- Lesser evaluated determinants of fistula formation in children with hypospadias
S K Ratan
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi, India
Int J Clin Pract 55:96-9. 2001
..19 [1.20-143.50]) and urine leakage (OR [95% CI]: 14.35 [1.20-171.45]) emerge as strong risk factors for urethrocutaneous fistula, and local infection (OR [95% CI]: 8.70 (0.93-81.01]) as a moderate risk factor...
- Current evaluation and management of female urethral diverticula
Liann N Handel
Tower Urology Institute for Continence, Cedars Sinai Medical Office Tower, 8635 West 3rd Street, Suite 1 West, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Curr Urol Rep 9:383-8. 2008
..This update provides a succinct and comprehensive review of the clinical presentation, evaluation, and treatment options for female urethral diverticula...
- Reoperative surgery for anorectal anomalies
Department of Surgery and Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, NY, USA
Semin Pediatr Surg 12:118-23. 2003
..Recommendations are presented to help prevent these complications, and suggestions are made on how to treat them when they occur...
- [Diagnosis and treatment of chronic urethritis in the military health-care system with the change of the century (XIX-XX)]
Clinica La Luz, Madrid, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 60:994-1002. 2007
..This article reviews the diagnostic and therapeutic methods employed by Spanish military doctors during such period...
- Tissue biocompatibility of new biodegradable drug-eluting stent materials
Department of Surgery, Satakunta Central Hospital, Pori, Finland
J Mater Sci Mater Med 18:1543-7. 2007
..Drug-eluting biodegradable stents may offer a promising new treatment modality for vascular and urethral diseases. However, further studies are needed to demonstrate their feasibility and efficacy.
- Outpatient procedures on the glans and anterior urethra under a new local anaesthesia: intracorpus spongiosum anaesthesia
Department of Urology, Xinqiao Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Asian J Surg 28:282-5. 2005
..To determine the efficacy of intracorpus spongiosum anaesthesia during minor procedures on the glans and anterior urethra in the outpatient clinic...
- [Female urethral diverticulum containing multiple calculi]
Services de chirurgie générale et d urologie, CHR Amadou Sakhir Mbaye de Louga, BP 586, Louga, Senegal
Prog Urol 21:229-32. 2011
..The diagnosis was easily established by physical examination and confirmed by plain radiographs of the lower urinary tract and endovaginal ultrasound. The patient was treated successfully by diverticulectomy...
- [Acute urinary retention in young adult and middle-aged males due to calculi in the urethra: a single centre experience from North India]
Departamento de Urologia, CSMMU, Universidad de Medicina Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Actas Urol Esp 36:75-8. 2012
..To present our experience of managing acute urinary retention (AUR) in young and middle-aged male due to stone/s in the urethra at a tertiary care centre...
- Long-term efficacy and compliance of MUSE for erectile dysfunction following radical prostatectomy: SHIM (IIEF-5) analysis
Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Int J Impot Res 17:86-90. 2005
..The results of the current trial indicate that MUSE is a successful treatment option in RP patients with established ED. It appears that a post-treatment SHIM score of > or = 16 defines a successful outcome with MUSE therapy...
- Pitfalls in the diagnosis and management of inguinal lymphogranuloma venereum: important lessons from a case series
Emerentiana Veronica Oud
Department of Dermatology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sex Transm Infect 90:279-82. 2014
..2) The recommended one gram azithromycin contact treatment seems insufficient to prevent established infections. (3) Inguinal LGV may require prolonged courses of doxycycline, exceeding the currently advised 21 days regimen...
- Feasibility of a tubularised incised-plate urethroplasty with double de-epithelised dartos flaps in a failed hypospadias repair: a preliminary report
Department of Paediatric Surgery, SisliEtfal Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Afr J Paediatr Surg 9:8-12. 2012
..However, fistulas are still one of the most common complications of this technique. The aim of this paper was to present the preliminary results of TIPU procedure with double de-epithelised dartos flaps in failed hypospadias repair...
- Combined laparoscopic and modified posterior sagittal approach saving the external sphincter for rectourethral fistula: an easier and more physiologic approach
N T Liem
Department of Surgery, National Hospital of Pediatrics, Hanoi, Vietnam
J Pediatr Surg 48:1450-3. 2013
..To present surgical technique and results of combined laparoscopic and modified posterior sagittal approach (PSAP) saving the external sphincter in the management of rectourethral fistula...
- Hutch bladder diverticula: a very uncommon entity in adults
Jose Luis Palmero Martí
University Hospital La Ribera, Alzira, Spain
Arch Esp Urol 65:636-9. 2012
..Indications were of a type of congenital bladder diverticula very rare in children and unusual in adults, as very few cases in adults are addressed in the literature...
- Urethral prolapse in premenopausal, healthy adult woman
Gynecology Department, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul, Avenida Ipiranga 6690, Centro Clínico, conjunto 612, CEP 90610 001 Jardim Botânico, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Int Urogynecol J 24:353-4. 2013
..The patient underwent cystourethroscopy and surgical excision of the urethral prolapse, with complete resolution of symptoms. Histopathology confirmed benign inflammatory urethral mucosa tissue with edema and vascular congestion...
- MRI of congenital urethroperineal fistula
Department of Radiology, Section of Pediatric Radiology, University of Michigan Health System, C S Mott Children s Hospital, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Pediatr Radiol 40:S1-5. 2010
..Surgical resection and histopathological evaluation of the abnormal tract confirmed the diagnosis of congenital urethroperineal fistula. MRI played important roles in confirming the diagnosis and assisting surgical planning...
- Timing of posterior urethral valve diagnosis and its impact on clinical outcome
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Department of Urology, Section of Pediatric Urology, 06010 Etlik Ankara, Turkey
J Pediatr Urol 7:538-42. 2011
..Our goals were to assess long-term outcome for patients with posterior urethral valves (PUV) and determine the impact of the timing of diagnosis...
- Reconstruction of urethral injuries
G A Maranya
Coast Province General Hospital, P O Box 91066 80103, Mombasa, Kenya
East Afr Med J 84:356-62. 2007
..To highlight the complexity of urethral injuries and to emphasise their prevention...
- Interview with Dr Guido Barbagli. Substitution urethroplasty: which tissues and techniques are optimal for urethral replacement?
Eur Urol 52:602-4. 2007
- [Suburethral endometrioma]
J Cabral Ribeiro
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital de São Marcos, Braga, Portugal
Actas Urol Esp 31:153-6. 2007
..Complete surgical excision confirmed an endometriotic cyst. The differential diagnosis of this rare suburethral location of endometriosis with other vaginal cysts is discussed...
- [Manifestation of malakoplakia in a urethral diverticulum in a female patient]
Urologische Klinik, Markus Krankenhaus, Frankfurt
Aktuelle Urol 39:68-70. 2008
..The preferred therapy is surgical management followed by long-term antibiosis as well as a close follow-up as recurrences are frequent...
- Endoscopy-assisted laparoscopic excision of rectourethral fistula in a male with imperforate anus
Department of Pediatric General and Urogenital Surgery, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 19:S241-3. 2009
..He is well after follow-up of 9 months with no evidence of residual RUF on radiologic investigations.We have since used this technique to treat another IA patient with prostatic-RUF successfully...
- Management of posterior urethral disruption injuries
Jeremy B Myers
Department of Urology, University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 6:154-63. 2009
..The results of this single-stage perineal urethroplasty are excellent, and a patent urethra can be re-established in the majority of men who undergo surgery...
- Our 23-year experience in urethrocutaneous fistulas developing after hypospadias surgery
Clinic of 1st Urology, Ministry of Health Ankara Teaching and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Urology 69:366-8. 2007
..To determine the role of the fistula characteristics on the outcomes of repair in urethrocutaneous fistulas that develop after hypospadias surgery...
- Endoscopic repair of post-traumatic fistulae of posterior urethra using hyaluronic acid dextranomer
Clinica Chirurgica Pediatrica Università degli Studi di Perugia, Ospedale S Maria della Misericordia, Loc S Andrea delle Fratte, Perugia, Italy
Urology 76:109-11. 2010
Many surgical approaches to posterior urethral diseases are reported in published data...
- Botulinum toxin A injection to the bladder neck and urethra for medically refractory lower urinary tract symptoms in men without prostatic obstruction
Jing Liang Chen
Department of Urology, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital and Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 108:950-6. 2009
..We investigated the effect of botulinum toxin A (BoNT-A) injection to the bladder neck and urethra of men with small BPH and LUTS that were refractory to medical treatment...
- Urethral distortion after placement of synthetic mid urethral sling
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, Texas 75390 9110, USA
J Urol 185:1321-6. 2011
- Oral mucosa grafts for urethral reconstruction
I A Mungadi
Department of Surgery, Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto, Nigeria
Ann Afr Med 8:203-9. 2009
..This literature review is aimed at drawing attention of surgeons to the versatile nature of oral mucosal grafts...
- Urethral and vaginal infections, age of patients and state of the pelvic floor in the aetiology of the irritative symptoms of the lower urinary tract in women
Carlo Vecchioli Scaldazza
Division of Urology, Jesi Hospital, Italy
Arch Esp Urol 59:554-60. 2006
- Urethral diverticulum mimicking anterior vaginal wall prolapse: case report
Gynecology Department, Benenden Hospital, Kent, England
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 17:390-2. 2010
..Despite thorough preoperative investigations, the origin of the mass as a urethral diverticulum was confirmed only at pathologic analysis...
- [A case of urethrovaginal fistula caused by a foreign body in the vagina]
The Department of Osaka Police Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Hinyokika Kiyo 56:389-91. 2010
..This is the second report of a urethrovaginal fistula caused by a foreign body in the vagina...
- Prenatal diagnosis of enlarged prostatic utricle by ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imaging
C Le Vaillant
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:588-9. 2008
- [Incomplete urethral duplication]
J Rodriguez Tolra
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Universitario de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona
Actas Urol Esp 29:697-9. 2005
..The accessory channel was excised by a perineal approach. Clinical results were satisfactory, remaining an asintomatic patient two years after surgery, with normal mictional behavior...
- Urethral erosion of tension-free vaginal tape presenting as recurrent stress urinary incontinence
Clifford Y Wai
Division of Urogynecology Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9032, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 15:353-5. 2004
..Careful and comprehensive urethroscopy, in addition to cystoscopy, should be a mandatory part of the TVT procedure. Further study is needed to determine the optimal technique for mesh removal...
- Re: The natural history of idiopathic urethrorrhagia in boys
A Barry Belman
J Urol 167:1804. 2002
- [Newborn infant with an interlabial cystic mass]
V Canduela Martínez
Pediatria, Hospital de Laredo, Cantabria, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 61:273-4. 2004
- Dr. Li Yueqing's experience in treating female urethral syndrome
China Japan Friendship Hospital, Beijing 100029
J Tradit Chin Med 24:97-9. 2004
- Diagnosis and reconstruction of the dorsal or circumferential urethral diverticulum
Eric S Rovner
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 1 Rhoads, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Urol 170:82-6; discussion 86. 2003
..We present our experience with the diagnosis and reconstruction of these complex UDs...