- Uretero-fallopian fistula after gynecological surgery for endometriosis: a case report
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, La Conception University Hospital, Marseille, France
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 15:108-9. 2008
..Fistulas of ureteral origin usually involve the vagina or more rarely the uterus. Uretero-fallopian fistulas are even more rare. We report a case of uretero-fallopian fistula that developed after surgery for endometriosis...
- Protecting the ureter during radiofrequency ablation of renal cell cancer: a pilot study of retrograde pyeloperfusion with cooled dextrose 5% in water
Colin P Cantwell
Division of Abdominal Imaging and Interventional Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:1034-40. 2008
..5 cm of the ureter with respect to feasibility, safety, and incidence of residual/recurrent tumor in proximity to the cooled collecting system...
- Intrinsic form of ureteral endometriosis causing ureteral obstruction and partial loss of kidney function
L C Horn
Institute of Pathology, Leipzig University, Leipzig, Germany
Urol Int 73:181-4. 2004
..Urinary tract endometriosis is rare and occurs in about 1% of all endometriotic lesions. About 30% of patients suffer from reduced kidney function at the time of diagnosis...
- Idiopathic segmental ureteritis, misdiagnosed as ureteral cancer preoperatively: a case report with literature review
Department of Pathology, Inje University Ilsan Paik Hospital, Goyang, Korea
Pathol Int 60:779-83. 2010
..Herein we report a rare case of ISU that was clinically misdiagnosed as malignancy preoperatively. ISU of the current case may be an IgG4-unrelated subtype of IPT...
- Laparoscopic management of ureteral endometriosis: the Stanford University hospital experience with 96 consecutive cases
Department of Urology, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Urol 182:2748-52. 2009
..We report the clinical characteristics and the principles of laparoscopic management of ureteral endometriosis at our institution...
- Outcome of laparoscopic ureterolysis for ureteral endometriosis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Insubria, Del Ponte Hospital, Varese, Italy
Fertil Steril 86:418-22. 2006
..To evaluate the adequacy of laparoscopic ureterolysis as a primary treatment option for ureteral endometriosis...
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic distal ureteral surgery
Megan O Schimpf
Division of Urogynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
JSLS 13:44-9. 2009
..The use of robotic assistance in adult genitourinary surgery has been successful in many operations, leading surgeons to test its use in other applications as well...
- Recurrent flank pain caused by eosinophilic ureteritis mimicking urinary stone disease: a case report
Urology Department, General hospital AZ Groeninge, Kortrijk, Belgium
Int Urol Nephrol 36:23-5. 2004
..One author describes remission of disease after a prolonged oral corticosteroid regimen. In this article we report another case of eosinophilic ureteritis and discuss different treatment strategies...
- Importance of retroperitoneal ureteric evaluation in cases of deep infiltrating endometriosis
Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery Unit, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 15:435-9. 2008
..To discuss our clinical and surgical experience with 30 cases of ureteral endometriosis...
- Laparoscopic management of ureteral endometriosis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sacro Cuore Don Calabria General Hospital, Via Don A Sempreboni, 5, Negrar 37024, Verona, Italy
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 21:325-8. 2009
..Laparoscopic management of these lesions is considered the treatment of choice...
- Severe ureteral endometriosis: the intrinsic type is not so rare after complete surgical exeresis of deep endometriotic lesions
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology II and Reproductive Medicine, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire GHU Ouest, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Cochin Saint Vincent de Paul, Paris, France
Fertil Steril 93:2115-20. 2010
..To evaluate the rate of intrinsic ureteral endometriosis in patients presenting with severe ureteral endometriosis...
- [Management of endometriosis of the urinary tract]
clinique de gynécologie, obstétrique et néonatalogie, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, CHRU de Lille, 2, Avenue Oscar Lambret, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 34:347-52. 2006
..Surgical treatment of bladder and/or ureteral endometriosis requires informed consent of patients and multidisciplinary management...
- Laparoscopic management of ureteral endometriosis: our experience
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Centre Medico Chirurgical et Obstetrical Les Syndicat inter Hospitalier de la Communauté Urbaine de Strasbourg, Hautepierre Hospital, Strasbourg, France
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 14:169-71. 2007
- Ureteral endometriosis: a complication of rectovaginal endometriotic (adenomyotic) nodules
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Service de Gynecologie, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 77:32-7. 2002
..To present data from 18 cases of ureteral endometriosis...
- Laparoscopic ureteroneocystostomy for distal ureteral injuries
Department of Urology, Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Center, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Urology 66:751-3. 2005
..To present our initial experience with laparoscopic ureteroneocystostomy in patients with traumatic disruption of the distal ureter owing to gynecologic procedures. Reconstructive laparoscopic procedures are still evolving...
- Management of ureteral endometriosis: areas of controversy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 19:319-24. 2007
..In this review we critically evaluate what we know and what we still do not know about pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of ureteral endometriosis, highlighting areas of controversy...
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic ureteral reimplantation with psoas hitch: a multi-institutional, multinational evaluation
Nilesh N Patil
Center for Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Urology 72:47-50; discussion 50. 2008
..To report the collective experience of three multinational institutions with the use of robotics to evaluate and treat complex distal ureteral obstruction...
- Laparoscopic management of ureteral endometriosis in case of moderate-severe hydroureteronephrosis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ospedale Sacro Cuore di Negrar, Verona, Italy
Fertil Steril 93:46-51. 2010
..To evaluate prospectively the efficacy of laparoscopic ureterolysis versus ureteroureterostomy in women with ureteral endometriosis...
- [Ureteric and bladder involvement of deep pelvic endometriosis. Value of multidisciplinary surgical management]
Service d Urologie, CHRU de Lille, France
Prog Urol 16:588-93. 2006
..To evaluate the clinical features, staging by medical imaging, treatment strategy and results of surgical management of deep pelvic endometriosis with bladder and/or ureteric involvement...
- Treatment of urinary tract endometriosis
A Marcus Gustilo-Ashby
Division of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 13:559-65. 2006
..The purpose of this article is to review the epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of endometriosis that affects the urinary tract...
- Endometriosis of the ureter and bladder are not associated diseases
Mauricio Simoes Abrao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Fertil Steril 91:1662-7. 2009
..To verify whether bladder and ureter endometriosis had the same clinical features and disease behavior...
- Endometriosis of the ureter
Saleem A Umar
Department of Pathology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Urol 179:2412. 2008
- Ureteral and vesical endometriosis. Two different clinical entities sharing the same pathogenesis
Department Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Istituto Luigi Mangiagalli, University of Milan, Italy
Obstet Gynecol Surv 64:830-42. 2009
- Ureteral endometriosis: clinical and radiological follow-up after laparoscopic ureterocystoneostomy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ospedale Sacro Cuore, Negrar Verona, Italy
Hum Reprod 26:112-6. 2011
..The aim of the present study was to evaluate post-operative complication rates and clinical outcomes at 1- and 6-month follow-up after laparoscopic ureterocystoneostomy...
- Ureteral endometriosis and loss of renal function: mechanisms and interpretations
Department of Gynecology, Oslo University Hospital Ullevål and University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 90:1164-6. 2011
..With only one functional kidney, these patients should be followed closely with renal function tests and ultrasound, and in certain cases also by magnetic resonance imaging or renal scintigraphy...
- Synchronous endoscopic management of bilateral kidney and ureter fungal bezoar
Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Centre, Ahmedabad, India
Urol Int 78:374-6. 2007
..We present a case of obstructive anuria due to fungal bezoar in both the pelvicalyceal system and ureter managed by bilateral synchronous endoscopic removal of fungal bezoar...
- Clinical aspects and surgical treatment of urinary tract endometriosis: our experience with 31 cases
Chair and Department of Urology, University of Brescia, Italy
Eur Urol 49:1093-7; discussion 1097-8. 2006
..To present and discuss clinical and surgical management of urologic endometriosis...
- Urinary tract endometriosis: clinical, diagnostic, and therapeutic aspects
Manuel Pérez-Utrilla Pérez
Department of Urology, La Paz University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Urology 73:47-51. 2009
..To describe our experience at La Paz University Hospital with 12 patients with urinary tract endometriosis, an uncommon pathologic finding, the most extensive series published by Spanish investigators to our knowledge...
- Randomized prospective comparison of non-contrast enhanced helical computed tomography and intravenous urography in the diagnosis of acute ureteric colic
J A Homer
Department of Radiology, Middlemore Hospital, Otahuhu, Auckland 6, New Zealand
Australas Radiol 45:285-90. 2001
..Computed tomography is as accurate as IVU in the diagnosis of acute ureteric colic. It confers certain major diagnostic benefits, and is a fast, well-tolerated technique. Its accompanying higher effective radiation dose is recognized...
- [Localized amyloidosis of the ureter: a case report]
Shin ichi Kitsukawa
The Department of Urology, Tokyo Medical University Hachioji Medical Center
Hinyokika Kiyo 52:131-4. 2006
..Finally, we diagnosed her with localized amyloidosis of the left ureter. Localized amyloidosis of the ureter is a relatively rare condition, and this is the 55th case reported in the Japanese literature...
- Double-J stent insertion across vesicoureteral junction--is it a valuable initial approach in neonates and infants with severe primary nonrefluxing megaureter?
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Istituto Materno Infantile, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Urology 68:870-5; discussion 875-6. 2006
- [Unusual ureteral iatrogenic disease]
Patricia Serrano Frago
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Zaragoza, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 58:373. 2005
- Comparative study of ureteral stents following endoureterotomy in the porcine model: 3 vs 6 weeks and 7F vs 14F
Endoscopy Department, Minimally Invasive Surgery Centre, Campus Universitario, Av de la Universidad s n, Caceres, Spain
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:773-8. 2005
..A significant relationship between urinary tract infection and stricture recurrence was found in this experimental study...
- [Non obstructive retrocaval ureter]
E Cao Avellaneda
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia
Actas Urol Esp 29:107-9. 2005
..We emphasize its absence of the typical morphology and obstruction signs. After twelve months the patient is still asymptomatic, without any medical or surgical treatment...
- Endoscopic diagnosis and management of ureteral endometriosis
Suzanne E Generao
Department of Urology, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California 95816, USA
J Endourol 19:1177-9. 2005
..We present a case of ureteral obstruction secondary to isolated intrinsic endometriosis diagnosed at ureteroscopy and treated endoscopically with holmium laser ablation and leuprolide therapy...
- Ureteroscopy: savior to the gynecologist? Ureteroscopic management of post laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy ureterovaginal fistulas
Department of Urology, Army Hospital, Delhi Cantt, Delhi, India
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 14:345-7. 2007
..An attempt of ureteroscopic stenting should be considered in all patients with post LAVH ureterovaginal fistulas before subjecting them to other modalities...
- Ureteral endometriosis: clinicopathological and immunohistochemical study of 7 cases
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Hum Pathol 39:954-9. 2008
..Immunostains for ER, PR, CK7, CA125, and CD10 can be helpful in challenging cases...
- [Endometriosis involving the ureter. The Erlangen experience exemplified by two case reports]
Urologische Universitätsklinik mit Poliklinik, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Krankenhausstrasse 12, D 91054 Erlangen
Aktuelle Urol 38:55-8. 2007
- Laparoscopic ureteroneocystostomy and psoas hitch for post-hysterectomy ureterovaginal fistula
Department of Urology and Transplantation Surgery, Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Centre, Institute of Transplantation Sciences, Civil Hospital Campus, Asarwa, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
J Urol 180:615-7. 2008
..We assessed the results of laparoscopic ureteroneocystostomy with a psoas hitch for iatrogenic lower ureteral injuries leading to a ureterovaginal fistula...
- Results with 7.5F versus 10F rigid ureteroscopes in treatment of ureteral calculi
Department of Urology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Urology 64:643-6; discussion 646-7. 2004
..To compare the success and complication rates in the treatment of ureteral stones with a 7.5F versus a 10F ureteroscope...
- Ureteral endometriosis: diagnosis and management
Ammerland Klinik Westerstede, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 110:575-81. 2006
..Hormone therapy should be offered to patients of childbearing age who desire to have children and have the disease in an early stage. Open or laparoscopic surgical treatment gives long-term favorable results...
- The treatment of fistulae and ureteral stenosis after kidney transplantation
V Li Marzi
Department of Urology II, Florence University, Florence, Italy
Transplant Proc 37:2516-7. 2005
..An early endoscopic approach permits resolution in 70% of cases. The aim of this retrospective study was to determine incidence and treatment of these complications...
- Clinical evaluation of double-pigtail stent in patients with upper urinary tract diseases: report of 2685 cases
Oncological Center, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
J Endourol 22:65-70. 2008
..To review the indications, procedures, complications, and related treatments of double pigtail stent (DPS) placement as an adjunct for some types of endoscopic and open urologic surgery...
- Retrocaval ureter with hydronephrosis
Dow University of Health Sciences, Lyari General Hospital, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 56:38-9. 2006
..CT scan mapped out the course of ureter. The patient was operated and findings were confirmed. The ureter was transected near the pelvis, renal stone removed and a uretero-uretral anastomosis with anteriorisation of the ureter performed...
- Laparoscopic heminephrectomy and resection of ectopic ureter in an adult
Department of Urology, University Hospital, Rheinisch Westfalische Technische Universitat Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Urol Int 79:280-3. 2007
..The medical history of the patient, the diagnostic pathway and the laparoscopic treatment as well as the key points in laparoscopic surgery are described...
- [Localized amyloidosis of the ureter]
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Urologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, Lubeck, Germany
Urologe A 46:1718-20. 2007
..The patient was treated successfully by partial ureterectomy and ureteroneocystostomy. No systemic involvement of other organs was detected and after a 2-year follow-up no local recurrence developed...
- Laparoscopic repair of ureterovaginal fistula: successful outcome by laparoscopic ureteral reimplantation
Department of Urology, V G Hospital and Laparoscopic Surgical Centre, Coimbatore, India
J Endourol 19:1174-6. 2005
..The patient was dry. To our knowledge, laparoscopy for the repair of ureterovaginal fistula has not been described. This distressing condition can be corrected laparoscopically with obvious benefit to the patient...
- Thoracic kidney and contralateral ureteral duplication--a case report and review of the literature
Chun Fu Lai
Department of Internal Medicine, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:799-801. 2006
- [Ureteroiliac artery fistula -- a rare cause of macroscopic haematuria]
Klinik für Urologie, Katholische Kliniken Essen Nord
Aktuelle Urol 36:522-4. 2005
..Risk factors include pelvic vascular surgery and surgery for malignancy, irradiation and ureteral stenting. Due to the intermittent symptomatology, the preoperative diagnosis and planning of the therapeutic approach are often difficult...
- Ureteral quadruplication associated with ureteral cyst and massive vesicoureteral reflux treated by laparoscopic nephroureterectomy
Fabio Carvalho Vicentini
Department of Urology, Clinics Hospital of the University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Endourol 21:769-71. 2007
..We present the eighth reported case but the first to be associated with a ureteral cyst, with massive vesicoureteral reflux that was treated with laparoscopic nephroureterectomy...
- Endourologic management of obstetrical ureterouterine fistula: case report and review of literature
Department of Urology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
J Endourol 15:985-8. 2001
..It had been explained to the patient, and she had given consent for, ureteroneocystostomy in the event of failure. The literature regarding the management of this rare genitourinary fistula is reviewed and discussed...
- Ureteroarterial fistulas after radical pelvic surgery: pathogenesis, diagnosis, and therapeutic modalities
P F Escobar
Florida Gynecologic Oncology, Fort Myers, Florida 33901, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 18:862-7. 2008
..We present two such cases to illustrate these salient points of clinical diagnosis and management...
- Acute dilatation of intramural ureter for ureteroscopy: railway technique
Hamid Reza Gholamrezaie
Department of Urology, Chamran Hospital, Islamic Azad University, Tehran Medical Branch, Hamadan University of Medical Sciences and Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Endourol 20:410-2. 2006
..To assess the safety and efficacy of acute dilatation of THE intramural ureter for ureteroscopy by the railway technique...
- Bilateral scrotal extraperitoneal herniation of ureters: computed tomography urographic findings and review of the literature
Department of Radiology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Comput Assist Tomogr 29:790-2. 2005
..A case of scrotal extraperitoneal ureteral hernia with exquisite computed tomography urographic and ultrasound findings is presented...
- [Ureter replacement by a "tissue engineered" venous transplant]
Abteilung für Urologie und Kinderurologie, Urologische Universitätsklinik und Poliklinik, Ulm, Deutschland
Urologe A 46:1238. 2007
- Laparoscopic ureteroneocystostomy with psoas hitch
Galaxy Laparoscopy Institute Pune, Maharahstra, India
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 13:302-5. 2006
..We describe the preliminary results of these cases...
- Treatment of ureteroarterial fistulae with covered vascular endoprostheses and ureteral occlusion
Jose I Bilbao
Department of Radiology, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Universidad de Navarra, Avenida de Pio XII 36, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:159-63. 2005
..Five conditions that can predispose to the development of this uncommon entity have been described: prior pelvic surgery, prolonged ureteral stenting, radiation therapy, previous vascular surgery and vascular pathology...
- Ureterovaginal fistula following laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy--a case report with review of literature
N P Gupta
Department of Urology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 7:231-3. 1996
..The authors present a case of ureterovaginal fistula following laparoscopy-assisted vaginal hysterectomy, which was successfully managed by ureteroneocystostomy with bladder psoas hitch...
- Evaluation of transurethral cystoscopy and excretory urography for diagnosis of ectopic ureters in female dogs: 25 cases (1992-2000)
Karin L Cannizzo
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 223:475-81. 2003
..To evaluate transurethral cystoscopy and excretory urography for diagnosis of ectopic ureter in female dogs and identify concurrent urogenital abnormalities...
- [Clinical evaluation of ureteral endometriosis: report of 8 cases]
Department of Nephro urology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences
Hinyokika Kiyo 49:185-7. 2003
..In 2 patients, the therapy was effective, but hydronephrosis recurred. Surgical therapy was done on all patients. We recommend surgical therapy for hydronephrosis with ureteral endometriosis...
- Robotically assisted laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty: a chronic porcine study
Department of Urology, Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, University Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris, France
Urology 61:1063-6. 2003
..We also investigated whether the use of a device that lacks tactile feedback results in tissue damage and subsequent stenosis or leaking of the anastomosis...
- Use of endoscopy in the management of postoperative ureterovaginal fistula
Tanta University, Egypt
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 8:185-90. 1997
..It was concluded that early intervention is recommended in the treatment of iatrogenic uretrovaginal fistula, causing minimal morbidity and discomfort, and being less expensive...
- [Ureteral endometriosis: urological features]
Divisione Clinicizzata di Urologia, Universita degli Studi di Brescia
Arch Ital Urol Androl 74:3-5. 2002
..Hormonal therapy or hysteroadnexiectomy, when feasible, are necessary to reduce the risks of relapses. In our opinion, ureteral resection associated with ureteroneocystostomy gives the best chances to cure severe ureteral endometriosis...
- [Symptomatic bladder or ureteral endometriosis: report of 8 cases and review of the literature]
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Centre Hospitalier de Roubaix, Pavillon Paul Gelle, 91, avenue J Lagache, BP 359, 59056 Roubaix cedex 1, France
Ann Chir 128:34-9. 2003
..The aim of this study was to determine the symptoms of bladder and ureteral endometriosis and to review the treatment approaches...
- Spontaneous duodeno-ureteric fistula
Deep Narayan Srivastava
Department of Radiodiagnosis, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Australas Radiol 46:416-7. 2002
..Duodeno-ureteric fistula is uncommon and its spontaneous development is extremely rare. We describe here a case of duodeno-ureteric fistula that was successfully treated by surgery. The possible causes of its formation are discussed...
- Extensive upper and mid ureteral loss in newborns: experience with reconstruction in 2 patients
John F Redman
Department of Urology, University of Arkansas College of Medicine and Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
J Urol 168:691-3. 2002
..We describe our experience with reconstruction of the ureter in 2 patients who sustained extensive upper and mid ureteral loss as newborns...
- [Pathology of the gynecologic ureter]
Divisione di Urologia, Cattedra di Urologia, Universita Vita Salute, San Raffaele, Milano
Arch Ital Urol Androl 74:21-2. 2002
..Stenosing ureteral lesions can be found after major gynecological surgery and after laparoscopic procedures. Many surgical techniques have been described to reduce the risks and to correct the complications...
- Ureteroarterial fistula controlled by intraluminal ureteral occlusion
Department of Urology, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Int J Urol 9:120-1. 2002
..Fifteen months after the operation, she suffered from ureteroaortic fistula, which was controlled by intraluminal ureteral occlusion using Gianturco coils. During 53 months of follow up, she has been free of hemorrhagic episodes...
- Arterioureteral fistula--a rare complication of ureterolithotomy: treatment with embolization
Department of Radiology, University of Patras, School of Medicine, Greece
J Endourol 16:97-9. 2002
..We describe a case that followed ureterolithotomy of an impacted stone. Selective angiography with embolization of the bleeding branch was curative...
- Surgical management of a ureteral defect with ureterorrhaphy and of ureteritis with ureteroneocystostomy in a foal
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 1248, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 220:354-8, 323. 2002
..The drop-in technique for ureteroneocystostomy may be used successfully for ureteral transposition in horses. Ureterorrhaphy combined with the use of a ureteral stent may be used to repair ureteral defects in foals...
- [Retrocaval ureter]
Department of Urology, Second Hospital of Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300211
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 36:136-7. 1998
..RESULT: B-ultrasound and excretory urography showed no stenosis and improvement of hydronephrosis. CONCLUSION: Ureter orthopedics and reduction are ideal for the treatment of retrocaval ureter...
- [Functional-anatomic evaluation of dilated uropathies in children using combined MR-nephrography and MR-urography compared to renal scintigraphy]
Abteilung f bildgebende Diagnostik am Kinderkrankenhaus Park Schönfeld, Kassel
Rofo 176:203-14. 2004
..To evaluate MR-tomographic assessment of split renal function and degree of obstruction compared to diuretic renal scintigraphy, and pathoanatomic imaging of the urinary tract as all in one exam...
- Relation between radionuclide imaging and pathologic findings of ureteropelvic junction obstruction in neonatal hydronephrosis
Pinar O Kiratli
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hacettepe University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
Scand J Urol Nephrol 42:249-56. 2008
..We aimed to elucidate the ultrastructure of the ureters and correlate this finding with the prognostic outcome and to correlate the histopathological findings with diuretic radionuclide renography findings...
- Mesh plug inguinal herniorrhaphy and ureteral necrosis after kidney transplantation
Jorge A Ortiz
Transplantation 86:483-4. 2008
- Anatomic and physiologic considerations in ureteroscopy
Section of Urology, Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 05610, USA
Urol Clin North Am 31:15-20. 2004
..An appreciation of the impact of ureteroscopy on normal anatomy and physiology can prevent complications and promote improved therapeutic outcomes...
- Post-traumatic paraureteral urinoma in a cat
A J Worth
Massey University Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Private Bag 11 222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Small Anim Pract 45:413-6. 2004
..Fluid aspirated from the retroperitoneal space had a creatinine level five times that of serum. Surgical drainage followed by nephrectomy and omentalisation of the pseudocyst was curative...
- Digital fluoroscopic excretory urography, digital fluoroscopic urethrography, helical computed tomography, and cystoscopy in 24 dogs with suspected ureteral ectopia
Valerie F Samii
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Vet Intern Med 18:271-81. 2004
..CT was more useful than other established diagnostic imaging techniques for diagnosing canine ureteral ectopia...
- Idiopathic ureteral strictures without evidence of malignancy
Nivedita Bhatta Dhar
Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 64:377-8. 2004
..We describe two recent cases of idiopathic ureteral strictures without evidence of malignancy...
- Arterioureteric fistula: successful treatment of two cases
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Vascular Surgery Unit, Catholic University School of Medicine A Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 28:559-61. 2004
- Subcutaneous ureteral replacement: a canine model
Department of Urology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Invest Surg 11:69-74. 1998
There are several clinical situations in which extrinsic or intrinsic ureteral diseases necessitate extensive reconstructive surgery. Unfortunately, not all patients are candidates for such surgery (e.g...
- [Holmium: YAG laser lithotripsy under ureteroscopy for treating urinary caluli combined with acute renal failure]
Zheng yan Tang
Department of Urology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 31:125-7. 2006
..To evaluate the therapeutic effect and safety of holmium:YAG laser lithotripsy for treating ureteral calculi combined with acute renal failure...
- Ureteral intussusception due to a polyp
The Department of Radiology, Xuanwu Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences, No 45, Chang Chun Street, Xuanwu District, Beijing 100053, People s Republic of China
Abdom Imaging 32:675-7. 2007
Intussusception of the ureter is a rare complication of some ureteral diseases. A 49-year-old man was found to have a ureteral intussusception in the middle part of the right ureter accompanied by a polyp below the invaginated segment of ..
- Arteriovenous fistula in an autotransplanted kidney segment: successful angiographic management
Department of Urology and Radiology, Landspitali University Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland
Scand J Urol Nephrol 43:425-7. 2009
Autotransplantation is a management option in complex renal or ureteral diseases. This report describes a case of bilateral renal cell carcinoma treated with partial nephrectomy using bench surgery followed by a contralateral total ..
- Pelvic fistulas complicating pelvic surgery or diseases: spectrum of imaging findings
S G Moon
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine and the Institute of Radiation Medicine, SNUMRC, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 2:97-104. 2001
..The purpose of this article is to illustrate the spectrum of imaging features of pelvic fistulas...
- Delayed-onset urinary incontinence in five female dogs with ectopic ureters
P C Thomas
Blackpool PDSA Petaid Hospital, Blackpool, Lancashire FY4 4AP
J Small Anim Pract 51:224-6. 2010
..Congenital ectopic ureter should be considered and investigated as a possible contributing factor in female dogs presenting with delayed-onset urinary incontinence...
- Long-term results of antegrade endoureterotomy using the holmium laser in patients with ureterointestinal strictures
B A Laven
Section of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Urology 58:924-9. 2001
..Patients with left-sided ureterointestinal strictures should be cautioned that endourologic management might have a lower success rate...
- Percutaneous incision of stenotic uroenteric anastomoses with a cutting balloon catheter: long-term results
Department of Radiology, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Radiology 214:358-62. 2000
..To describe the technique and results of incision of strictures in anastomotic urinary diversions with a commercially available cutting balloon catheter...
- Lower ureteral replacement using a tubularized gastric segment
Department of Urology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Urology 57:1038-43. 2001
..In patients with bilateral severe ureteral stenosis after pelvic radiotherapy, ureteral substitution with a gastric segment can be safely performed and will increase the patient's quality of life...
- [Placenta percreta with invasion of the bladder, ureter and abdominal wall. Case report]
Roberto Carlos Ortiz-Villalobos
Servicio de Obstetricia, Hospital General de Occidente, Secretaría de Salud de Jalisco
Ginecol Obstet Mex 81:487-93. 2013
- [Right obstructive pyelonephritis due to supra-piriform herniation of the pelvic ureter: a clinical case]
Service d Urologie, université Bordeaux 2 Victor Segalen, CHU de Bordeaux, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Prog Urol 21:887-90. 2011
..Although ureteral hernias are exceptional causes for nephritic colic, urologists must be aware of the specificity of the diagnosis and of the treatment in order to avoid complications...
- Handling the distal ureter during open nephroureterectomy: principles and techniques
Mater Misericordiae University Hospital and University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
BJU Int 95:65-7. 2005
- "DIY" ureteric colic
Ir Med J 96:311. 2003
- Air-fluid level in the ureter? It's possible with emphysematous pyelonephritis
Ospedale Civico di Lugano, Lugano, Svizzera
Radiol Med 106:486-8. 2003
- [Goldman Antopol syndrome associated with bilateral congenital severe factor V deficiency]
Clinique Urologique, CHU Hotel Dieu, 1, Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44000 Nantes, France
Prog Urol 20:604-7. 2010
..The subepithelial aetiology bleeding has been shown on selective renal arteriography that allowed to cover a micro-aneurysm through the setting up of a vascular stent and a selective embolization...
- IgG4-related disease of the ureter: report of two cases and review of the literature
Department of Surgical and Morphological Sciences, University of Insubria, Viale Borri 57, 21100 Varese, Italy
Virchows Arch 462:673-8. 2013
..We suggest using the name "ureteral IgG4-RD" for those lesions showing the same morphological features as IgG4-RDs located elsewhere...
- Ureteroscopes: flexible, rigid, and semirigid
Jay B Basillote
Department of Urology, University of California, Irvine, 101 The City Drive, Building 55, Room 304, Route 81, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Urol Clin North Am 31:21-32. 2004
- [Radical operative treatment (nephrectomy and nephroureterectomy) in urology. Aspects and opinions]
Khirurgiia (Sofiia) 60:58-9. 2004
The review of literature offerred discusses the opinions of different authors about indications and contraindications for radical oncological procedures in cases of renal and ureteral diseases.
- Ureteric reconstruction
BJU Int 93:635-6. 2004
- [Urinary tract imaging: conventional radiology and ultrasound]
Institut de Radiologie, 31 avenue Hoche, 75008 Paris
J Radiol 85:159-68. 2004
..Because it is non-invasive, ultrasound now is the first line imaging technique for evaluation of the renal parenchyma, renal vessels and bladder...
- Renal obstruction caused by herniation of renal pelvis and ureteropelvic junction through superior lumbar triangle hernia (Grynfeltt hernia)
James D Fogarty
Department of Urology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Urology 67:620-1. 2006
- Herniation of renal pelvis and ureteropelvic junction resulting from superior lumbar triangle hernia
Department of Urology, Gregorio Maranon General Hospital, C Dr Esquerdo 46, Madrid, Spain
Scand J Urol Nephrol 42:81-2. 2008
..The diagnosis of Grynfeltt's bilateral hernia was made by means of CT, which revealed herniation in the left side of the renal pelvis and proximal ureter...