Genomes and Genes
Summary: The presence of albumin in the urine, an indicator of KIDNEY DISEASES.
Publications357 found, 100 shown here
- Association of estimated glomerular filtration rate and albuminuria with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in general population cohorts: a collaborative meta-analysisKunihiro Matsushita
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2024 E Monument, Suite 2 630, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Lancet 375:2073-81. 2010Substantial controversy surrounds the use of estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) and albuminuria to define chronic kidney disease and assign its stages...
- Definition and classification of chronic kidney disease: a position statement from Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO)Andrew S Levey
Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Kidney Int 67:2089-100. 2005..Kidney damage in many kidney diseases can be ascertained by the presence of albuminuria, defined as albumin-to-creatinine ratio >30 mg/g in two of three spot urine specimens...
- Prevalence of chronic kidney disease and decreased kidney function in the adult US population: Third National Health and Nutrition Examination SurveyJosef Coresh
Department of Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 41:1-12. 2003..assay provide a basis for estimating the prevalence and distribution of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in the United States using standardized criteria based on estimated glomerular filtration rate (GFR) and persistent albuminuria.
- Lower estimated GFR and higher albuminuria are associated with adverse kidney outcomes. A collaborative meta-analysis of general and high-risk population cohortsRon T Gansevoort
Department of Nephrology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 80:93-104. 2011Both a low estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) and albuminuria are known risk factors for end-stage renal disease (ESRD)...
- The metabolic syndrome and chronic kidney disease in U.S. adultsJing Chen
Tulane University Schools of Medicine and Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:167-74. 2004..The metabolic syndrome is a common risk factor for cardiovascular disease...
- Albuminuria and kidney function independently predict cardiovascular and renal outcomes in diabetesToshiharu Ninomiya
George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:1813-21. 2009There are limited data regarding whether albuminuria and reduced estimated GFR (eGFR) are separate and independent risk factors for cardiovascular and renal events among individuals with type 2 diabetes...
- Changes in albuminuria predict mortality and morbidity in patients with vascular diseaseRoland E Schmieder
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University Hospital, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:1353-64. 2011The degree of albuminuria predicts cardiovascular and renal outcomes, but it is not known whether changes in albuminuria also predict similar outcomes...
- Development and progression of nephropathy in type 2 diabetes: the United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS 64)Amanda I Adler
Diabetes Trials Unit, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Oxford, and South Cleveland Hospital, Cleveland, United Kingdom
Kidney Int 63:225-32. 2003..This study sought to describe the development and progression through the stages of microalbuminuria, macroalbuminuria, persistently elevated plasma creatinine or renal replacement therapy (RRT), and death...
- Urinary albumin excretion predicts cardiovascular and noncardiovascular mortality in general populationHans L Hillege
Trial Coordination Center, Department of Cardiology, University Hospital of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Circulation 106:1777-82. 2002..Therefore, we examined the relationship between urinary albumin excretion and all-cause mortality and mortality caused by cardiovascular (CV) disease and non-CV disease in the general population...
- Selective vitamin D receptor activation with paricalcitol for reduction of albuminuria in patients with type 2 diabetes (VITAL study): a randomised controlled trialDick de Zeeuw
University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
Lancet 376:1543-51. 2010..RAAS) inhibitors, patients with diabetes have increased risk of progressive renal failure that correlates with albuminuria. We aimed to assess whether paricalcitol could be used to reduce albuminuria in patients with diabetic ..
- Lower estimated glomerular filtration rate and higher albuminuria are associated with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality. A collaborative meta-analysis of high-risk population cohortsMarije van der Velde
Department of Nephrology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 79:1341-52. 2011..risk, but data on the independent and combined associations of estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) and albuminuria with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality are limited...
- Olmesartan for the delay or prevention of microalbuminuria in type 2 diabetesHermann Haller
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
N Engl J Med 364:907-17. 2011..We investigated whether treatment with an angiotensin-receptor blocker (ARB) would delay or prevent the occurrence of microalbuminuria in patients with type 2 diabetes and normoalbuminuria...
- Renal and retinal effects of enalapril and losartan in type 1 diabetesMichael Mauer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
N Engl J Med 361:40-51. 2009..Nephropathy and retinopathy remain important complications of type 1 diabetes. It is unclear whether their progression is slowed by early administration of drugs that block the renin-angiotensin system...
- Diverging association of reduced glomerular filtration rate and albuminuria with coronary and noncoronary events in patients with type 2 diabetes: the renal insufficiency and cardiovascular events (RIACE) Italian multicenter studyAnna Solini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Diabetes Care 35:143-9. 2012..predictor of cardiovascular disease (CVD), other studies suggested that it confers a much lower risk than albuminuria alone, whereas the combination of the two abnormalities is associated with multiplicative risk...
- Risk factors for renal dysfunction in type 2 diabetes: U.K. Prospective Diabetes Study 74Ravi Retnakaran
Diabetes Trial Unit, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Diabetes 55:1832-9. 2006..K. Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS) participants, prospective analyses were undertaken in those without albuminuria (n = 4,031) or with normal plasma creatinine (n=5,032) at diagnosis...
- Glucose-induced reactive oxygen species cause apoptosis of podocytes and podocyte depletion at the onset of diabetic nephropathyKatalin Susztak
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Diabetes 55:225-33. 2006....
- CUBN is a gene locus for albuminuriaCarsten A Böger
Department of Internal Medicine II, University Medical Center Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:555-70. 2011Identification of genetic risk factors for albuminuria may alter strategies for early prevention of CKD progression, particularly among patients with diabetes...
- Diabetic nephropathy: diagnosis, prevention, and treatmentJorge L Gross
Endocrine Division, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Diabetes Care 28:164-76. 2005....
- Development and progression of renal insufficiency with and without albuminuria in adults with type 1 diabetes in the diabetes control and complications trial and the epidemiology of diabetes interventions and complications studyMark E Molitch
Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Diabetes Care 33:1536-43. 2010..73 m(2) in type 1 diabetes up to year 14 of the Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications (EDIC) study (mean duration of 19 years in the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial [DCCT]/EDIC)...
- Microalbuminuria: marker or maker of cardiovascular diseaseAhmed H Abdelhafiz
Department of Elderly Medicine, Rotherham General Hospital, Rotherham, UK ahmedhafiz hotmail com
Nephron Exp Nephrol 119:e6-10. 2011Advancing age is associated with albuminuria and vascular changes. This review will explore the putative links between the two...
- Albuminuria and risk of cardiovascular events, death, and heart failure in diabetic and nondiabetic individualsH C Gerstein
Department of Medicine, Room 3V38, 1200 Main St W, Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 3Z5
JAMA 286:421-6. 2001Microalbuminuria is a risk factor for cardiovascular (CV) events. The relationship between the degree of albuminuria and CV risk is unclear.
- Microvascular complications assessment in adolescents with 2- to 5-yr duration of type 1 diabetes from 1990 to 2006Yoon Hi Cho
Institute of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, NSW, Australia
Pediatr Diabetes 12:682-9. 2011..We therefore investigated trends in prevalence of early microvascular complications over 17 yr...
- Lower estimated glomerular filtration rate and higher albuminuria are associated with mortality and end-stage renal disease. A collaborative meta-analysis of kidney disease population cohortsBrad C Astor
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Kidney Int 79:1331-40. 2011We studied here the independent associations of estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) and albuminuria with mortality and end-stage renal disease (ESRD) in individuals with chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Expression of Notch pathway proteins correlates with albuminuria, glomerulosclerosis, and renal functionMariana Murea
Department of Medicine Nephrology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Kidney Int 78:514-22. 2010..Hence, our results raise the possibility that Notch pathway activation is a common mechanism in the pathophysiology of a wide range of acquired renal diseases...
- Low-grade albuminuria and incidence of cardiovascular disease events in nonhypertensive and nondiabetic individuals: the Framingham Heart StudyJohan Arnlov
Framingham Heart Study, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Circulation 112:969-75. 2005Data are limited with regard to the relations of low-grade albuminuria (below the microalbuminuria threshold) and incidence of cardiovascular disease (CVD) events in nondiabetic, nonhypertensive individuals.
- Proteinuria, a target for renoprotection in patients with type 2 diabetic nephropathy: lessons from RENAALDick de Zeeuw
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 65:2309-20. 2004Proteinuria or albuminuria is an established risk marker for progressive renal function loss. Albuminuria can be effectively lowered with antihypertensive drugs that interrupt the renin-angiotensin system (RAS)...
- Adiponectin regulates albuminuria and podocyte function in miceKumar Sharma
Translational Research in Kidney Disease, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0711, La Jolla, California 92093 0711, USA
J Clin Invest 118:1645-56. 2008Increased albuminuria is associated with obesity and diabetes and is a risk factor for cardiovascular and renal disease. However, the link between early albuminuria and adiposity remains unclear...
- Detection of chronic kidney disease with creatinine, cystatin C, and urine albumin-to-creatinine ratio and association with progression to end-stage renal disease and mortalityCarmen A Peralta
Department of Medicine, San Francisco VA Medical Center, San Francisco, California, USA
JAMA 305:1545-52. 2011..A triple-marker approach for chronic kidney disease (CKD) evaluation has not been well studied...
- RAGE drives the development of glomerulosclerosis and implicates podocyte activation in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathyThoralf M Wendt
Department of Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Am J Pathol 162:1123-37. 2003..By age 27 weeks, soluble RAGE-treated db/db mice displayed diminished albuminuria and glomerulosclerosis, and improved renal function...
- Microalbuminuria as an early marker for cardiovascular diseaseDick de Zeeuw
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:2100-5. 2006..is related to the risk for the individual to develop cardiovascular (CV) disease: Absence or very low levels of albuminuria is associated with low CV risk, whereas the CV risk increases markedly with increasing amount of albumin in the ..
- 25-Hydroxyvitamin D levels and albuminuria in the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III)Ian H De Boer
Division of Nephrology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98117, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 50:69-77. 2007b>Albuminuria is a risk factor for chronic kidney disease progression, end-stage renal disease, cardiovascular events, and mortality. Animal studies suggested that vitamin D insufficiency may contribute to the pathogenesis of albuminuria.
- Wnt/beta-catenin signaling promotes podocyte dysfunction and albuminuriaChunsun Dai
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:1997-2008. 2009..Overexpression of Wnt1 in vivo activated glomerular beta-catenin and aggravated albuminuria and adriamycin-induced suppression of nephrin expression, whereas blockade of Wnt signaling with Dickkopf-1 ..
- Associations of estimated glomerular filtration rate and albuminuria with mortality and renal failure by sex: a meta-analysisDorothea Nitsch
Faculty of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
BMJ 346:f324. 2013To assess for the presence of a sex interaction in the associations of estimated glomerular filtration rate and albuminuria with all-cause mortality, cardiovascular mortality, and end stage renal disease.
- Benidipine reduces albuminuria and plasma aldosterone in mild-to-moderate stage chronic kidney disease with albuminuriaMasanori Abe
Division of Nephrology, Hypertension and Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertens Res 34:268-73. 2011..and randomized trial to compare the effects of benidipine with those of amlodipine on blood pressure (BP), albuminuria and aldosterone concentration in hypertensive patients with mild-to-moderate stage chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Endothelial glycocalyx dysfunction in disease: albuminuria and increased microvascular permeabilityAndrew H J Salmon
Academic Renal Unit, University of Bristol, Southmead Hospital, Bristol, UK
J Pathol 226:562-74. 2012..glycocalyx alters the permeability of multiple capillary beds: in the glomerulus this is clinically apparent as albuminuria. Generalized damage to the endothelial glycocalyx can therefore manifest as both albuminuria and increased ..
- Albuminuria and racial disparities in the risk for ESRDWilliam M McClellan
Department of Medicine, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30220, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:1721-8. 2011..4-fold (95% CI 0.9 to 2.3) higher risk for ESRD. In conclusion, the increased prevalence of albuminuria may be an important contributor to the higher risk for ESRD experienced by African Americans.
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase deficiency produces accelerated nephropathy in diabetic miceHui John Zhao
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, C 3121 MCN, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:2664-9. 2006..hyperglycemia was similar to C57BLKS/J db/db mice, by 26 wk, eNOS(-/-) C57BLKS/J db/db mice exhibited dramatic albuminuria, arteriolar hyalinosis, increased glomerular basement membrane thickness, mesangial expansion, mesangiolysis, ..
- Novel links between the long pentraxin 3, endothelial dysfunction, and albuminuria in early and advanced chronic kidney diseaseMohamed E Suliman
Department of Clinical Science, Intervention, and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Divisions of Renal Medicine and Baxter Novum, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:976-85. 2008b>Albuminuria and inflammation predict cardiovascular events. Pentraxin 3, an inflammatory mediator produced by, among others, endothelial cells, may have a role in atherogenesis.
- Microalbuminuria and risk for cardiovascular disease: Analysis of potential mechanismsCoen D A Stehouwer
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Maastricht University and University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:2106-11. 2006....
- Patterns of renal injury in NIDDM patients with microalbuminuriaP Fioretto
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Padova Medical School, Italy
Diabetologia 39:1569-76. 1996....
- Microalbuminuria is common, also in a nondiabetic, nonhypertensive population, and an independent indicator of cardiovascular risk factors and cardiovascular morbidityH L Hillege
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Intern Med 249:519-26. 2001..Some of these associations were already observed at albuminuria levels of 10-20 mg L-1...
- Albuminuria assessed from first-morning-void urine samples versus 24-hour urine collections as a predictor of cardiovascular morbidity and mortalityHiddo J Lambers Heerspink
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Groningen, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Epidemiol 168:897-905. 2008Screening for albuminuria has been advocated because it is associated with cardiovascular morbidity and all-cause mortality. The "gold standard" to assess albuminuria is 24-hour urinary albumin excretion (UAE)...
- Paricalcitol reduces albuminuria and inflammation in chronic kidney disease: a randomized double-blind pilot trialPooneh Alborzi
Indiana University and VAMC, 1481 W 10th St, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Hypertension 52:249-55. 2008..To better understand the effects of vitamin D on endothelial function, blood pressure, albuminuria, and inflammation in patients with chronic kidney disease (2 patients stage 2, remaining stage 3), we conducted ..
- Increased urinary albumin excretion, endothelial dysfunction, and chronic low-grade inflammation in type 2 diabetes: progressive, interrelated, and independently associated with risk of deathCoen D A Stehouwer
Department of Internal Medicine and Institute for Cardiovascular Research, Vrije Universiteit Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Diabetes 51:1157-65. 2002..dysfunction and chronic inflammation (estimated from plasma markers) can explain the association between (micro)albuminuria and mortality. Of the patients, 113 died...
- Microalbuminuria and the risk for early progressive renal function decline in type 1 diabetesBruce A Perkins
Section on Genetics and Epidemiology, Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1353-61. 2007..Together with testing for microalbuminuria, clinical protocols using cystatin C to diagnose early renal function decline and track response to therapeutic interventions should be developed...
- Intercellular adhesion molecule-1-deficient mice are resistant against renal injury after induction of diabetesShinichi Okada
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
Diabetes 52:2586-93. 2003..Moreover, expressions of TGF-beta and type IV collagen in glomeruli were also suppressed in diabetic ICAM-1(-/-) mice. These results suggest that ICAM-1 is critically involved in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy...
- A vitamin D analog ameliorates glomerular injury on rat glomerulonephritisK Makibayashi
Division of Artificial Kidneys and the Department of Geriatric Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Pathol 158:1733-41. 2001..and 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) significantly inhibited mesangial cell proliferation, the degree of glomerulosclerosis, and albuminuria at day 8 compared to the disease control group...
- Microalbuminuria in the US population: third National Health and Nutrition Examination SurveyCamille A Jones
Division of Genetics and Epidemiology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 39:445-59. 2002..In adults aged 40+ years, after excluding persons with clinical proteinuria, albuminuria (defined as ACR > or = 30 mg/g) was independently associated with older age, non-Hispanic black and Mexican ..
- The effect of irbesartan on the development of diabetic nephropathy in patients with type 2 diabetesH H Parving
Steno Diabetes Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
N Engl J Med 345:870-8. 2001..The primary outcome was the time to the onset of diabetic nephropathy, defined by persistent albuminuria in overnight specimens, with a urinary albumin excretion rate that was greater than 200 microg per minute and ..
- Combining GFR and albuminuria to classify CKD improves prediction of ESRDStein I Hallan
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:1069-77. 2009..3 yr of follow-up. In multivariable survival analysis, estimated GFR (eGFR) and albuminuria were independently and strongly associated with progression to ESRD: Hazard ratios for eGFR 45 to 59, 30 to 44, ..
- Renal albumin absorption in physiology and pathologyH Birn
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C, Denmark
Kidney Int 69:440-9. 2006..b>Albuminuria has been accepted as an independent risk factor and a marker for renal as well as cardiovascular disease, and ..
- Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin (NGAL) and Kidney Injury Molecule 1 (KIM1) in patients with diabetic nephropathy: a cross-sectional study and the effects of lisinoprilS E Nielsen
Steno Diabetes Center, Gentofte Hospital, Denmark
Diabet Med 27:1144-50. 2010..lipocalin (NGAL) and kidney injury molecule1 (KIM1) in Type 1 diabetic patients with different levels of albuminuria and in control subjects...
- Glomerular and tubular damage markers are elevated in patients with diabetesFerdau L Nauta
Department of Nephrology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Diabetes Care 34:975-81. 2011..lipocalin [NGAL], and cystatin C), and distal tubular (heart fatty acid-binding protein [H-FABP]) damage markers with kidney disease severity, as assessed by albuminuria and estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR).
- Estimated GFR, albuminuria, and complications of chronic kidney diseaseLesley A Inker
Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, 800 Washington Street, Box 391, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:2322-31. 2011Higher levels of albuminuria associate with increased risk for adverse outcomes independent of estimated GFR (eGFR), but whether albuminuria also associates with concurrent complications specific to chronic kidney disease (CKD) is ..
- Combined vitamin D analog and AT1 receptor antagonist synergistically block the development of kidney disease in a model of type 2 diabetesDilip K Deb
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kidney Int 77:1000-9. 2010..Vehicle-treated diabetic mice developed progressive albuminuria and glomerular abnormalities with mesangial expansion and glomerulosclerosis compared to their non-diabetic ..
- Albuminuria, a therapeutic target for cardiovascular protection in type 2 diabetic patients with nephropathyDick de Zeeuw
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Groningen University Medical Center, Ant Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, Netherlands
Circulation 110:921-7. 2004b>Albuminuria is an established risk marker for both cardiovascular and renal outcomes. Albuminuria can be reduced with drugs that block the renin-angiotensin system (RAS)...
- Low income and albuminuria among REGARDS (Reasons for Geographic and Racial Differences in Stroke) study participantsDeidra C Crews
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 60:779-86. 2012b>Albuminuria is an important risk factor for progressive chronic kidney disease (CKD) and is more prevalent in black than white adults...
- Associations of diet with albuminuria and kidney function declineJulie Lin
Renal Division, Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:836-43. 2010..Sparse longitudinal data exist on how diet influences microalbuminuria and estimated GFR (eGFR) decline in people with well-preserved kidney function...
- Inflammation, oxidative stress, glomerular filtration rate, and albuminuria in elderly men: a cross-sectional studyElisabet Nerpin
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences Geriatrics, Uppsala University, SE 751 85, Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Res Notes 5:537. 2012....
- Increased tubular proliferation as an adaptive response to glomerular albuminuriaJian Kan Guo
Section of Nephrology and Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:429-37. 2012..Ablation of <20% of podocytes resulted in profound albuminuria that resolved over 1-2 weeks after the re-establishment of normal podocyte morphology...
- Serum uric acid is related to cardiovascular events and correlates with N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide and albuminuria in patients with diabetes mellitusM Resl
Department of Endocrinology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Diabet Med 29:721-5. 2012..It correlates to intima-media thickness and microalbuminuria. In this study we evaluated uric acid as an independent marker for cardiac events in patients with diabetes...
- Prevalence and risk factors for microalbuminuria in a referred cohort of type II diabetic patients: a global perspectiveH H Parving
Steno Diabetes Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
Kidney Int 69:2057-63. 2006..A cross-sectional study evaluating 32,208 type II diabetic patients without known albuminuria from 33 countries was performed...
- Albuminuria is associated with too few glomeruli and too much testosteroneDavid A Long
Nephro Urology Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Kidney Int 83:1118-29. 2013..Genetic variation and both pre- and postnatal environmental factors may affect albuminuria in humans...
- Prevalence and relationship between diabetic retinopathy and nephropathy, and its risk factors in the North-East of Spain, a population-based studyRomero Aroca Pedro
Ophthalmic Service, Hospital Universitario Sant Joan, Universidad Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 17:251-65. 2010..To determine the prevalence of microangiopathy, and its risk factors in a population-based study of diabetes mellitus patients in the north-eastern area of Spain...
- Albuminuria and blood pressure, independent targets for cardioprotective therapy in patients with diabetes and nephropathy: a post hoc analysis of the combined RENAAL and IDNT trialsFrank A Holtkamp
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 32:1493-9. 2011..is associated with the short-term lowering of its primary target blood pressure, but also with the lowering of albuminuria. Since the individual blood pressure and albuminuria response to an ARB varies between and within an individual,..
- Very low levels of microalbuminuria are associated with increased risk of coronary heart disease and death independently of renal function, hypertension, and diabetesKlaus Klausen
Copenhagen City Heart Study, Epidemiological Research Unit, Bispebjerg University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Circulation 110:32-5. 2004..Microalbuminuria has been suggested as an atherosclerotic risk factor. However, the lower cutoff level of urinary albumin excretion is unknown. It is also unknown whether impaired renal function confounds the association...
- The relationship between albuminuria, MCP-1/CCL2, and interstitial macrophages in chronic kidney diseaseK S Eardley
Department of Nephrology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Kidney Int 69:1189-97. 2006..We have prospectively assessed the relationship between albuminuria, urinary MCP-1/CCL2, interstitial macrophage infiltration, in situ damage, and clinical outcomes in a large ..
- Estimated glomerular filtration rate and albuminuria are independent predictors of cardiovascular events and death in type 2 diabetes mellitus: the Fenofibrate Intervention and Event Lowering in Diabetes (FIELD) studyP L Drury
Auckland Diabetes Centre, New Zealand
Diabetologia 54:32-43. 2011We investigated effects of renal function and albuminuria on cardiovascular outcomes in 9,795 low-risk patients with diabetes in the Fenofibrate Intervention and Event Lowering in Diabetes (FIELD) study.
- Predictors of incident albuminuria in the Framingham Offspring cohortConall M O'Seaghdha
Renal Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 56:852-60. 2010Predictors for incident albuminuria are not well known in population-based cohorts. The purpose of this study is to identify predictors of incident albuminuria in an unselected middle-aged population.
- Differential expression of nephrin according to glomerular size in early diabetic kidney diseaseJin Ju Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemoon Gu, Seoul, Korea 120 752
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:2303-10. 2007..Furthermore, more hypertrophied glomeruli with lesser nephrin expression may be responsible for albuminuria in the early stage of DN.
- Impact of microalbuminuria on incident stroke: a meta-analysisMeng Lee
Stroke Center and Department of Neurology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Stroke 41:2625-31. 2010..The purpose of this study was to assess the consistency and strength of the association of microalbuminuria with risk of stroke in prospective studies using meta-analysis...
- Comparison of estimated glomerular filtration rates and albuminuria in predicting risk of coronary heart disease in a population with high prevalence of diabetes mellitus and renal diseaseNawar M Shara
MedStar Health Research Institute, Hyattsville, Maryland, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:399-405. 2011..The addition of albuminuria to established methods of CHD risk calculation was reported in the Strong Heart Study (SHS) cohort...
- Podocytes produce homeostatic chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCL12, which contributes to glomerulosclerosis, podocyte loss and albuminuria in a mouse model of type 2 diabetesS G Sayyed
Nephrological Center, Medizinische Poliklinik, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen Innenstadt, Pettenkoferstr 8a, 80336 Munchen, Germany
Diabetologia 52:2445-54. 2009....
- Cardiovascular and renal outcome in subjects with K/DOQI stage 1-3 chronic kidney disease: the importance of urinary albumin excretionAuke H Brantsma
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:3851-8. 2008..In this study we evaluated cardiovascular and renal outcome in subjects with stage 1 and 2 CKD. For comparison, we also studied these outcomes in stage 3 CKD...
- Calcineurin (CN) activation promotes apoptosis of glomerular podocytes both in vitro and in vivoLiming Wang
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Centers, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:1376-86. 2011..Apoptosis requires NFAT-dependent gene transcription and is mediated, in part, by CN-dependent COX2 induction, prostaglandin E(2) generation, and autocrine activation of the Gq-coupled E-series prostaglandins receptor...
- Activation of Galpha q-coupled signaling pathways in glomerular podocytes promotes renal injuryLiming Wang
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Duke University and Durham VA Medical Centers, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:3611-22. 2005..Transgenic (TG) mice demonstrated albuminuria as well as a decrease in both kidney mass and nephron number...
- Glomerular localization and expression of Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 and Angiotensin-converting enzyme: implications for albuminuria in diabetesMinghao Ye
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611 3008, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:3067-75. 2006..ACE2 inhibition increases UAE suggests that ACE2, likely by modulating the levels of glomerular angiotensin II via its degradation, may be a target for therapeutic interventions that aim to reduce albuminuria and glomerular injury.
- Estimated glomerular filtration rate and urinary albumin excretion are independently associated with greater arterial stiffness: the Hoorn StudyMarc M H Hermans
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Academic Hospital Maastricht, 6202 AZ Maastricht, Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1942-52. 2007Mild renal insufficiency is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease (CVD). Both a decline in GFR and (micro)albuminuria are associated with greater cardiovascular mortality...
- Evidence for a role of transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1 in the induction of postglomerular albuminuria in diabetic nephropathy: amelioration by soluble TGF-beta type II receptorLeileata M Russo
Program in Membrane Biology, Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Simches Research Center, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Diabetes 56:380-8. 2007..has previously been implicated in the progression of diabetic nephropathy, including the onset of fibrosis and albuminuria. Here we report for the first time the use of a high-affinity TGF-beta1 binding molecule, the soluble human TGF-..
- Renal outcomes with different fixed-dose combination therapies in patients with hypertension at high risk for cardiovascular events (ACCOMPLISH): a prespecified secondary analysis of a randomised controlled trialGeorge L Bakris
Hypertensive Diseases Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Lancet 375:1173-81. 2010..We assessed the effects of these drug combinations on progression of chronic kidney disease...
- Microalbuminuria, von Willebrand factor and fibrinogen levels as markers of the severity in COPD exacerbationMehmet Polatli
Department of Pulmonology, Adnan Menderes University Hospital, Aydin, Turkey
J Thromb Thrombolysis 26:97-102. 2008..We suggest that further studies are necessary to investigate the impact of antithrombotic treatment on microalbuminuria, plasma vWF and fibrinogen as markers of endothelial dysfunction coexisting COPD exacerbation...
- Ambulatory arterial stiffness index and renal abnormalities in primary hypertensionElena Ratto
Department of Cardio Nephrology, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San Martino, Genoa, Italy
J Hypertens 24:2033-8. 2006..We investigated the relationship between a recently proposed ambulatory blood pressure monitoring-derived index of arterial stiffness and early signs of renal damage in patients with primary hypertension...
- Low-grade albuminuria is associated with carotid intima-media thickness in Chinese type 2 diabetic patientsYun Huang
Shanghai Clinical Center for Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, Shanghai Institute of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Ruijin Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:5122-8. 2010Low-grade albuminuria was reported to be associated with cardiovascular risk factors...
- Activation of RhoA in podocytes induces focal segmental glomerulosclerosisLei Zhu
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:1621-30. 2011..Induction of activated RhoA with doxycycline resulted in significant albuminuria. Furthermore, both the degree of albuminuria and the histologic changes in the glomerulus positively correlated ..
- Risk for ESRD in type 1 diabetes remains high despite renoprotectionElizabeth T Rosolowsky
Section on Genetics and Epidemiology, Research and Clinic Divisions, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:545-53. 2011..In conclusion, despite the widespread adoption of renoprotective treatment, patients with type 1 diabetes and macroalbuminuria remain at high risk for ESRD, suggesting that more effective therapies are desperately needed...
- Microalbuminuria and hypoxemia in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseCiro Casanova
Respiratory Research Unit, Pulmonary Department, Hospital Universitario La Candelaria, 38010 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:1004-10. 2010..There is evidence of vascular dysfunction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Relation of albuminuria to angiographically determined coronary arterial narrowing in patients with and without type 2 diabetes mellitus and stable or suspected coronary artery diseasePhilipp Rein
Vorarlberg Institute for Vascular Investigation and Treatment, Feldkirch, Austria
Am J Cardiol 107:1144-8. 2011b>Albuminuria is associated with atherothrombotic events and all-cause mortality in patients with and without diabetes. However, it is not known whether albuminuria is associated with atherosclerosis per se in the same manner...
- Clinical practice. Nephropathy in patients with type 2 diabetesGiuseppe Remuzzi
Unit of Nephrology, Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo, Italy
N Engl J Med 346:1145-51. 2002
- Vitamin D deficiency, inflammation, and albuminuria in chronic kidney disease: complex interactionsTamara Isakova
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
J Ren Nutr 21:295-302. 2011..We evaluated the relationship between calcidiol (25D), calcitriol (1,25D), inflammation, and albuminuria in Study of Early Evaluation of Kidney Disease, a multicenter CKD cohort.
- Inflammation, kidney function and albuminuria in the Framingham Offspring cohortAshish Upadhyay
Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:920-6. 2011..Whether inflammatory biomarkers are associated with kidney function and albuminuria after accounting for traditional CVD risk factors is not completely understood.
- CCR2 antagonism improves insulin resistance, lipid metabolism, and diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetic miceYoung Sun Kang
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University, Ansan City, Korea
Kidney Int 78:883-94. 2010..Hence, our findings suggest that CCR2 antagonists can improve insulin resistance by modulation of the adipose tissue and restore renal function through both metabolic and anti-fibrotic effects in type 2 diabetic mice...
- Risk profile in chronic kidney disease stage 3: older versus younger patientsNatasha J McIntyre
Department of Renal Medicine, Royal Derby Hospital, Derby, UK
Nephron Clin Pract 119:c269-76. 2011..Moreover, subjects ≥75 years are often excluded from research studies. We therefore undertook a prospective study of patients with CKD stage 3 in primary care to compare the risk profile of older versus younger subjects...
- Flow-mediated dilation is associated with microalbuminuria independent of cardiovascular risk factors in type 2 diabetes - interrelations with arterial thickness and stiffnessHiroki Yokoyama
Jiyugaoka Medical Clinic, Internal Medicine, Obihiro, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 18:744-52. 2011....
- Urinary tubular biomarkers in short-term type 2 diabetes mellitus patients: a cross-sectional studyWen Jin Fu
Department of Laboratory, Affiliated Houjie Hospital, Guangdong Medical College, Dongguan, 523945, Guangdong, China
Endocrine 41:82-8. 2012..In conclusion, these results suggest that tubular damage is common in short-term T2DM patients. Urinary NGAL may be a promising early marker for monitoring renal impairment in short-term T2DM patients...
- Microalbuminuria and stroke in a British population: the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer in Norfolk (EPIC-Norfolk) population studyM F Yuyun
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, School of Clinical Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Intern Med 255:247-56. 2004..To examine the relationship between microalbuminuria and incident stroke in the general population...
- Kidney dysfunction and cognitive decline in womenImran Sajjad
Renal Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:437-43. 2012..ESRD is associated with substantial cognitive deficits but whether earlier kidney dysfunction predicts cognitive decline is less well defined...
- Association between kidney function and albuminuria with cardiovascular events in HIV-infected personsAndy I Choi
Department of Medicine, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and University of California, San Francisco, USA
Circulation 121:651-8. 2010..We examined the association between longitudinal measures of kidney function and albuminuria with risk of atherosclerotic CVD and heart failure in a contemporary cohort of HIV-infected individuals.
- Serum high-mobility group box-1 levels are positively associated with micro- and macroalbuminuria but not with cardiovascular disease in type 1 diabetes: the EURODIAB Prospective Complications StudyJohanna W M Nin
Care and Public Health Research Institute, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 166:325-32. 2012....
- Inhibition of the epidermal growth factor receptor preserves podocytes and attenuates albuminuria in experimental diabetic nephropathyAndrew Advani
Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nephrology (Carlton) 16:573-81. 2011..In the present study we sought to investigate the effects of long-term inhibition of the EGFR tyrosine kinase in an experimental model of diabetes that is characterized by angiotensin II dependent hypertension...
- Blood cadmium and lead and chronic kidney disease in US adults: a joint analysisAna Navas-Acien
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Epidemiol 170:1156-64. 2009..survey year, sociodemographic factors, chronic kidney disease risk factors, and blood lead, the odds ratios for albuminuria (>or=30 mg/g creatinine), reduced estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) (<60 mL/minute/1...
- [Methods of collecting urine for the determination of microalbuminuria: time for consensus]A J Bakker
Stichting Klinisch Chemisch Laboratorium, Postbus 850, 8901 BR Leeuwarden
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 148:2012-5. 2004..5 g/mol for men and above 3.5 g/mol for women. If microalbuminuria is detected, the investigation should be repeated at least twice in a period of a few months in order to establish the degree of microalbuminuria...
- New insights in mechanisms of renal injuryBalakuntalam S Kasinath; Fiscal Year: 2013..in association with renal hypertrophy, increase in renal matrix laminin beta1 and fibronectin expression, and albuminuria. 2...
- New drug Vida-5 for treating chronic kidney disease progressionJinshyun Ruth Wu-Wong; Fiscal Year: 2011..Vitamin D receptor modulators (VDRMs) have been shown to reduce proteinuria/albuminuria in CKD patients and also provide survival benefits for CKD patients...
- A multicenter clinical trial of allopurinol to prevent GFR loss in T1DS MICHAEL MAUER; Fiscal Year: 2012..The trial will include a total of 400 T1D patients at high risk for GFR loss because of increased albuminuria and a relatively high serum uric acid (e 4...
- Novel drug VS-105 for treatment of diabetic nephropathyJinshyun Ruth Wu-Wong; Fiscal Year: 2012..Vitamin D receptor modulators (VDRMs) have been shown to reduce proteinuria/albuminuria in diabetic nephropathy patients and also provide cardiovascular and survival benefits for CKD patients...
- Masked Hypertension in Chronic Kidney DiseaseRajiv Agarwal; Fiscal Year: 2013..in our cohort was associated with greater left ventricular mass index, increased arterial stiffness, greater albuminuria, and nocturnal natriuresis...
- Endogenous Cardiac Glycosides in AASKBrad C Astor; Fiscal Year: 2010..and coorelate these measures with markers of kidney function (estimated glomerular filtration rate, albuminuria), daytime and nighttime blood pressure, NT-proBNP, cardiac troponins I, and left ventricular geometry and ..
- Multi-center Controlled Clinical Trials in Alport Syndrome-A Feasibility StudyClifford E Kashtan; Fiscal Year: 2013..and (2) to test the hypothesis that in males with Alport syndrome urinary uromodulin excretion decreases as albuminuria and proteinuria increase and that uromodulin offers an independent and insightful measure of renal fibrosis and ..
- Chronic kidney disease in survivors of hematopoietic cell transplantSangeeta Hingorani; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using univariable and multivariable Cox regression models, graft vs. host disease, albuminuria, hypertension, post-transplant diabetes and calcinuerin inhibitor use will be analyzed as risk factors for ..
- Phenotypes of diabetic kidney disease and the relationship to retinal pathologyAmy Mottl; Fiscal Year: 2013..The predictive ability of retinopathy severity for albuminuria progression and decline in glomerular filtration rate (GFR) over four years will be analyzed...
- Randomized trial of active vitamin D, cholecalciferol and placebo for CKD-MBDSharon M Moe; Fiscal Year: 2011..doxercalciferol, cholecalciferol, and placebo on bone and mineral metabolism, physical strength and function, albuminuria, and kidney function...
- The Role of Cyclooxygenase-2 in Podocyte Injury in Diabetic NephropathyRaymond Harris; Fiscal Year: 2013..The clinical syndrome of diabetic nephropathy (DN) is comprised of albuminuria, characteristic renal histopathologic changes and decreased renal function...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Albumin Trafficking in PodocytesJudith T Blaine; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Albuminuria is one of the key features of chronic kidney disease and a marker of CKD progression...
- Randomized trial of vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids for diabetic kidney diseaseIan H De Boer; Fiscal Year: 2013..We aim to test whether vitamin D3 and/or omega-3 fatty acids prevent progression of albuminuria and loss of glomerular filtration rate, two complementary manifestations of DKD, over 4 years of treatment...
- Ameliorating Sickle Nephropathy and Pulmonary HypertensionPunam Malik; Fiscal Year: 2013..With increasing age, glomerulopathy develops, manifest initially as micro-albuminuria, then macro- albuminuria, progressing to renal failure and end stage renal disease...
- The Aging Kidney in HIV-Infection: biomarkers for early detection of injuryMichael G Shlipak; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, a major challenge in clinical practice is the current reliance on serum creatinine and albuminuria testing to detect kidney injury and disease...
- Interactions of Lipoproteins and Cells in Diabetes MellitusRICHARD LOUIS KLEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..sphingolipid subspecies in VLDL, LDL, HDL2, and HDL3 prepared from Type 2 diabetic patients with and without albuminuria. We will determine if the concentration and distribution in lipoproteins of these additional bioactive lipids ..
- Urinary Biomarkers of Chronic Kidney Disease Pathology and ProgressionSushrut S Waikar; Fiscal Year: 2013..of CKD progression;and that urinary biornarkers are superior to conventional markers (serum creatinine and albuminuria) as predictors of CKD progression...
- TNF-like weak inducer of apoptosis (TWEAK) signaling in lupus nephritisChaim Putterman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Determine the effect of TWEAK signaling in resident kidney cells, and particularly podocytes, in the development of LN, including albuminuria and glomerulosclerosis.
- Regulation of Podocyte Differentiation by the Transcription Factor EBF1Jackie Fretz; Fiscal Year: 2013..form present with dysfunctional vascularization, crescents, severely effaced podocytes, and these mice exhibit albuminuria and elevated blood urea nitrogen...
- Impact of Vitamin D on Diabetic Kidney Disease in African AmericansVANESSA ASTRUD DIAZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..D3 at 400 IU/d versus supplementation of 4000 IU/d) on the proportion of African Americans with progression of albuminuria over 12 months and 2) to identify whether kidney disease risk factors such as blood pressure and glycemic ..
- AT1 Receptors in Renal Microvascular PhysiologyLISA HARRISON BERNARD; Fiscal Year: 2009..This chronic and debilitating disease is characterized by progressive albuminuria, declining glomerular filtration rate (GFR), and increased risk for cardiovascular disease, eventually ..
- Natural History of MYH9-Associated NephropathyBARRY IRA FREEDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..the association of MYH9 gene polymorphisms with cross-sectional and longitudinal measures of blood pressure, albuminuria, serum cystatin C and creatinine concentrations, and estimated glomerular filtration rates in members of the ..
- Endothelial Dysfunction in the Pathogenesis of Sickle Cell NephropathyKenneth I Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2013..suggests that by inducing endothelial dysfunction, sFLT-1 may play an important role in the development of albuminuria in SCD...
- Racial Disparities in Chronic Kidney Disease and Vitamin D: Are they related?Michal L Melamed; Fiscal Year: 2011..randomized clinical trial of vitamin D repletion in a multi-ethnic population with CKD, vitamin D deficient and albuminuria to evaluate correction of vitamin D levels, and reductions in albuminuria and blood pressure...
- Glomerular Cell-Cell Crosstalk and InjuryErwin P Bottinger; Fiscal Year: 2013..When TbrI(AAD) signaling is activated in podocytes, mice eventually develop albuminuria and subsequently progressive glomerulosclerosis associated with podocyte depletion...
- Podocytes and oxidative stress in diabetic kidneyPaul N Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..They show a 100 fold increase in albuminuria, extensive interstitial fibrosis and a modest reduction in GFR...
- Early-Stage Chronic Kidney Disease in HIV-infected IndividualsGregory M Lucas; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the general population, albuminuria is typically the earliest detectable marker of chronic kidney disease (CKD), and even very low levels of ..
- Role of TSC-mTORC1 pathway for podocyte injury in diabetic nephropathyKen Inoki; Fiscal Year: 2013..Podocyte injury may produce micro-albuminuria, an early feature of DN. The molecular mechanisms by which diabetes causes podocyte injury remain unclear...
- Renal Processing of AlbuminOliver Smithies; Fiscal Year: 2010..Correctly understanding the pathogenesis of albuminuria is prerequisite for interpreting its significance in different conditions, and for designing appropriate ..
- Vitamin D hormones in CKiD: Prevalence of deficiency and clinical correlates.Juhi Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2013..as a potential risk factor for CKD progression, because of their association with higher blood pressure and albuminuria.FGF-23 is a novel hormone that is a negative regulator of 1,25 dihydroxy vitamin D levels and has been shown to ..
- Kidney Function, Aortic Stiffness and AgingAndrew S Levey; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is well-known that GFR declines and albuminuria increases with aging, and that both are associated, independently and in combination, with an increased risk ..
- PDE5i with Tadalafil Changes the Extent of Renal Damage (PITCH_ER)Ravi Thadhani; Fiscal Year: 2013..Both chronic kidney disease (CKD) (reflected by albuminuria and reduced glomerular filtration rate [GFR]) and acute kidney injury (AKI) significantly contribute to ..
- Strategies for ACE2 Amplification to Treat Diabetic Kidney DiseaseDaniel Batlle; Fiscal Year: 2012..hypothesis, we have recently found that ACE2 inhibition using a specific pharmacologic agent, MLN-4760, worsens albuminuria and induces glomerular injury in two different models of nephropathy in diabetic mice...
- Development of MASP-2 MoAbs for the treatment of diabetic nephropathyTHOMAS ANTON DUDLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mice will be treated with anti-MASP-2 antibody or isotype control, and effects of antibody treatment on albuminuria, renal function and histological features of DN will be assessed...
- Health system based clinical trial recruitmentTrevor J Orchard; Fiscal Year: 2011..type 1 diabetes cohort, Hp predicted early renal function decline and end-stage renal disease (ESRD) but not albuminuria per se...
- AORTA, BRAIN AND KIDNEY STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION IN THE AGES-REYKJAVIK STUDYGARY FRANK MITCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2012..with abnormal brain and kidney structure (MRI) and function (cognitive testing, glomerular filtration rate, albuminuria)...
- Genomic Medicine Pilot For Hypertension And Kidney Disease In Primary CareCarol R Horowitz; Fiscal Year: 2013..renoprotective renin angiotensin blockade, appropriate control of blood pressure in hypertensive patients with albuminuria of African ancestry, will be improved significantly in those facilities that receive EMR-enabled renal care CDS ..
- Interactive Spaced Education to Optimize Diabetes CareB Price Kerfoot; Fiscal Year: 2013..ARBs) substantially reduce morbidity and mortality in patients with diabetes, particularly in those with albuminuria. Even so, these medications are currently under-prescribed across the United States...
- Novel EP receptor antagonists for the treatment of hypertension and of diabetesRichard M Breyer; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mice will assessed for changes in blood pressure, and changes in markers of DM including albuminuria, renal function and histopathological changes in the kidney and the heart to examine the effects of EP receptor ..
- Proteomic Approach to CKD Biomarker Discovery and ValidationJosef Coresh; Fiscal Year: 2013..Two biomarkers, serum creatinine and albuminuria, provide the mainstay for staging and risk assessment for the majority of CKD patients...
- Stroke and Cognitive Impairment in Aging Chronic Kidney Disease PatientsAnne M Murray; Fiscal Year: 2013..silent incident stroke, a structured cognitive battery to detect impairment, and laboratory values to assess albuminuria and inflammatory markers, to measure the role of stroke and white matter disease and of factors specific to CKD ..
- Novel serum and urinary biomarkers of diabetic kidney diseaseSteven G Coca; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose that there are better markers to predict CKD in diabetics than albuminuria. These include biomarkers that reflect tubulointerstitial injury, inflammation and fibrosis, and oxidative ..
- Prorenin Receptor Mediates Early Changes in Diabetic KidneyHelmy M Siragy; Fiscal Year: 2013..there is upregulation of V-ATPase and Wnt3a expression and activity leading to renal inflammation fibrosis and albuminuria. In vivo intrarenal interstitia administration of PRR shRNA or Wnt3a shRNA reduced albuminuria, renal ..
- Biological Variation in A1c on Mortality, Cardiovascular Events, Hypoglycemia James M Hempe; Fiscal Year: 2012..treatment of dyslipidemia reduced the rate of progression of diabetic retinopathy and delayed the onset of albuminuria. However, these microvascular benefits of intensive management did not clearly outweigh the concomitant ..
- Chronic Kidney Disease in Children (CKiD)Susan L Furth; Fiscal Year: 2013..the Kidney Disease Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO) classification of CKD according to Cause, GFR and level of albuminuria, to define risk factors for accelerated and non-linear decline in GFR among strata of children with glomerular ..
- Chronic Kidney Disease in Children (CKiD III)BRADLEY ALAN WARADY; Fiscal Year: 2013..the Kidney Disease Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO) classification of CKD according to Cause, GFR and level of albuminuria, to define risk factors for accelerated and non-linear decline in GFR among strata of children with glomerular ..
- The Role of Nontraditional Glycemic Markers in Diabetes and AlbuminuriaApril P Carson; Fiscal Year: 2013..incident diabetes;2) to evaluate the association of GA, fructosamine, and 1,5-AG with prevalent and incident albuminuria;and 3) to evaluate racial differences in the association of GA, fructosamine, and 1,5-AG with diabetes and ..
- REasons for Geographic And Racial Differences in Stroke-Myocardial Infarction-2Monika M Safford; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., cholesterol, albuminuria, CRP) and ECGs...
- Generating Mouse Mutants with Diabetic NephropathyRaymond Harris; Fiscal Year: 2010..not ApoE or LDLR was associated with a marked acceleration of DN in C57BL/6, not only characterized by a robust albuminuria, but also by dramatic mesangiolysis and expansion with decrease renal function (GFR)...
- Mechanisms of Renal Lipid Accumulation in Diabetic NephropathyLisa R Tannock; Fiscal Year: 2013..Despite best current treatments, significant numbers of individuals with albuminuria progress to end stage renal disease...
- Podocyte Microenvironment in Diabetic NephropathyAlaa S Awad; Fiscal Year: 2011..podocyte niche (microenvironment) are likely responsible for abnormal podocyte function leading to progressive albuminuria and progressive renal failure. Podocj^e function is intimately linked to its complex cytoskeletal structure...
- Health IT Enhanced for CKD in Safety-Net Primary CareNeil R Powe; Fiscal Year: 2013..the Enhanced CKD Registry. We will also examine secondary clinical (e.g., albuminuria, HbA1c), intermediate (e.g., awareness, activation, ACE/ARB use), and sustainability (e.g...
- Natural History of Microalbuminuria in Type 1 DiabetesAndrzej S Krolewski; Fiscal Year: 2013..of Microalbuminuria (MA) in type 1 diabetes we found that in the majority of patients MA regresses to normo-albuminuria, However, in a third of patients with MA significant renal function decline occurs;this decline is progressive ..
- Podocyte Secreted ProteinsSUMANT SINGH CHUGH; Fiscal Year: 2013..with transgenic expression of Angptl4 from podocytes over a period of 12 day results in over 40% reduction in albuminuria, and significantly increases sialylation of Angptl4...
- Adiponectin and PodocytesKumar Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2013..Summary/Abstract We have recently identified that circulating adiponectin levels negatively correlate with albuminuria in obese African Americans...
- Pathophysiological role of prorenin in CKDAlfred K Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2013..a correlation between serum prorenin/renin levels with the development of microvascular diseases, including albuminuria and retinopathy, in patients with diabetes...
- Folic Acid for Vascular Outcome Reduction in Transplantation (FAVORIT) TrialAndrew S Levey; Fiscal Year: 2011..studies under review will further address the interrelationships between initial renal function and degree of albuminuria, and/or serial changes in these parameters, with both renal and CVD outcomes in the FAVORIT cohort...
- Hypertensive Renal InjuryPeter A Doris; Fiscal Year: 2013..This variation associates with increased albuminuria. We propose to investigate whether alterations in immune function that are encoded by differences in the heavy ..
- EPIDEMIC HYPERTENSION IN NIGERIAN WORKERSClareann Bunker; Fiscal Year: 1999..recalls, alcohol intake, menopausal status, psychosocial measures, 24 hour urine for Na, K, creatinine, micro-albuminuria, and fasting serum for lipids, insulin, glucose, and creatinine...
- Hypertensive Renal InjuryPeter A Doris; Fiscal Year: 2012..This variation associates with increased albuminuria. We propose to investigate whether alterations in immune function that are encoded by differences in the heavy ..
- PATHOGENIC ROLE OF THE COMPLEMENT SYSTEM IN MURINE LUPUSRichard Quigg; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition to examining renal phenotype through the measurement of albuminuria and glomerular filtration, additional complement dependent phenotypic changes that will be studied include ..
- Angiogenic Signals in Diabetic ComplicationsThomas M Coffman; Fiscal Year: 2010..3. To define the consequences of altered angiogenic signaling on the development of albuminuria and nephropathy in diabetes.
- Effects of the DASH Diet in AlbuminuriaDavid Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2003Clinical grade albuminuria and microalbuminuria are associated with high risk of chronic renal insufficiency, cardiovascular disease and death...
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF AIDS GLOMERULOPATHYBryan Myers; Fiscal Year: 1992..of 500 AIDS patients with a sensitive immunochemical technique for subclinical as well as overt elevation of albuminuria. Twenty-five AIDS patients with heavy proteinuria will then be examined with physiologic, morphometric and cell ..
- Pathobiology of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors in diabetesYashpal Kanwar; Fiscal Year: 2006..whether the renoprotective effect of simvastatin will translate into a significant improvement in reducing albuminuria in vivo, studies are proposed using NOD mice and streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats, established models of ..
- PATHOBIOLOGY OF GLOMERULAR INJURY IN TYPE II DIABETESTimothy Meyer; Fiscal Year: 1993..of type II diabetes (Group 3), GFR becomes still more elevated, and falls back to the normal range only after albuminuria has increased to above 300 mu(g)/min following several more years of type II diabetes (Group 4)...
- Angiotensin II, TGF-beta, and the podocyte in diabetesSheldon Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..of diabetic glomerulopathy, as reflected by altered GBM composition, decreased podocyte number, and albuminuria. The mechanisms of these changes are incompletely understood, but up-regulation of Vascular Endothelial Growth ..
- PEROXISOME PROLIFERATOR-ACTIVATED RECEPTOR EXPRESSIONNICOLAS GUZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2001..In these patients, thiazolidinediones reduce albuminuria by mechanisms independent of their glucose-lowering action...
- Genomic Predictors of Arteriosclerosis in HypertensivesSharon Kardia; Fiscal Year: 2009..hyperintensities, brain atrophy, and ventricular volume) and chronic kidney disease (serum creatinine and albuminuria) have been collected...
- Role of TRP Channels in Statin Reversal of Nephropathy in Early Stage Type 2 DMSTEVEN SANSOM; Fiscal Year: 2009..mesangial proliferation, collagen IV deposition, basement membrane thickening, glomerular hypertrophy, and albuminuria in the early stages of type 2 DM...