Genomes and Genes
Summary: Glycosuria occurring when there is only the normal amount of sugar in the blood, due to inherited inability of the renal tubules to reabsorb glucose completely. (Dorland, 27th ed)
- Autosomal recessive renal glucosuria attributable to a mutation in the sodium glucose cotransporter (SGLT2)L P van den Heuvel
Department of Pediatrics, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Genet 111:544-7. 2002..Our data provide the first direct evidence of an etiologic role for the sodium/glucose cotransporter type 2 in the pathogenesis of renal glucosuria...
- Phlorizin: a reviewJoel R L Ehrenkranz
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 21:31-8. 2005..Phlorizin's principal pharmacological action is to produce renal glycosuria and block intestinal glucose absorption through inhibition of the sodium-glucose symporters located in the ..
- Sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 inhibitors: an emerging new class of oral antidiabetic drugIskandar Idris
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Sherwood Forest Hospitals Foundation Trust, Nottinghamshire, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 11:79-88. 2009..The observation that individuals with familial renal glycosuria maintain normal long-term kidney function provides some reassurance that this mode of action will not ..
- SGLT2 inhibition--a novel strategy for diabetes treatmentEdward C Chao
Section of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, VA San Diego Healthcare System and University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, 111 G San Diego, California 92161, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 9:551-9. 2010..Genetic mutations in the kidney-specific SGLT2 isoform that result in benign renal glycosuria, as well as preclinical and clinical studies with SGLT2 inhibitors in type 2 diabetes, support the potential ..
- [Sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 inhibitors: from the bark of apple trees and familial renal glycosuria to the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus]Didac Mauricio
Servicio de Endocrinologia y Nutricion, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Barcelona, España Electronic address
Med Clin (Barc) 141:31-5. 2013..This article discusses the basic features of this new treatment concept and the efficacy and safety of this new drug group. ..
- [Vesical uric acid lithiasis in a child with renal hypouricemia]E Martin Hernandez
Unidad de Nefrologia, Hospital de San Rafael, Madrid, Spain
An Esp Pediatr 55:273-6. 2001..These findings were consistent with a presecretory defect. No other tubular dysfunctions, such as renal glycosuria, aminoaciduria or phosphaturia were found...
- Pregnancy-associated polyuria in familial renal glycosuriaHakan R Toka
Division of Nephrology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA Division of Nephrology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA
Am J Kidney Dis 62:1160-4. 2013..amino acid 168 and leading to premature termination of the protein at amino acid 186) diagnostic of familial renal glycosuria. Pregnant women with familial renal glycosuria can be at risk of profound polyuria during pregnancy due to ..
- Reversible renal glycosuria in acute interstitial nephritisChok Limsuwat
Department of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas 79430, USA
Am J Med Sci 344:245-7. 2012b>Renal glycosuria is defined as the excretion of glucose in urine in a normoglycemic state. It results from renal tubular dysfunction or immaturity of tubular function in the newborn...
- Life-threatening hypophosphataemia in a cirrhotic patient with jaundiceElisavet Moutzouri
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Arch Med Sci 7:736-9. 2011..7 mg/dl [101 µmol/l]) with renal uric acid wasting and renal glycosuria. This generalized proximal tubular defect may occasionally be seen in deeply jaundiced patients...
- High blood glucose and osmolality, but not high urinary glucose and osmolality, affect neuronal nitric oxide synthase expression in diabetic rat kidneyMing Chia Hsieh
Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan
J Lab Clin Med 141:200-9. 2003..Phlorizin, a competitive inhibitor of glucose transport in the proximal tubule, causes renal glycosuria in nondiabetic rats and reverses hyperglycemia in diabetic rats...
- Transient proximal tubular renal injury following Ecstasy ingestionCharles Kwon
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 18:820-2. 2003..evaluation revealed hyponatremia (Na 117 mEq/L), polyuria (urine output >400 mL/h for several hours), renal glycosuria (blood glucose 120 mg/dL, urine glucose >1,000 mg/dL), and solute diuresis (urine osmolality 552 mOsm/kg H2O)...
- [Problems in the diagnosis of gestational diabetes]A Adamikova
Interni klinika IPVZ, Zlin
Vnitr Lek 47:777-80. 2001..19 patients with gestational diabetes were detected, 6 with impaired glucose tolerance and 18 with renal glycosuria. During the investigation no patient was detected with negative screening and subsequently confirmed ..
- [Renal glycosuria: report of two cases]Joana Chaves Rebelo
Centro Hospitalar do Médio Ave CHMA, Unidade de Famalicão, Portugal
J Bras Nefrol 34:291-2. 2012..The genetic study confirmed the diagnosis of renal glycosuria, by revealing SCL5A2 gene mutations...
- Fanconi's syndrome and distal (type 1) renal tubular acidosis in a patient with primary Sjögren's syndrome with monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significanceT Kobayashi
Department of Nephrology, Jichi Medical School, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, Japan
Clin Nephrol 65:427-32. 2006..Further studies revealed proximal tubular dysfunction, including renal glycosuria, generalized aminoaciduria, phosphaturia, uricosuria and proximal RTA...
- Renal tubular function in children with beta-thalassemia minorSuleyman Kalman
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Gulhane Military Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
Nephrology (Carlton) 10:427-9. 2005..Our aim was to investigate the renal tubular functions in children with beta-thalassemia minor and to determine its possible harmful effects...
- Renal glycosuria: occurrence in two siblings and a review of the literatureAaron Friedman
Department of Pediatrics, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Pediatr 147:639. 2005
- [Juvenile cataract associated with microcornea and glucosuria: a new syndrome]K Vandekerckhove
Augenklinik, Kantonsspital Luzern, Schweiz
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 224:344-6. 2007..Predisposition is responsible for approximately 50% of age-related cataracts. Investigation of inherited forms of cataract provides the opportunity to identify the genes that may play a role in age-related cataract as well...
- Massive immune hemolysis caused by anti-D after dual kidney transplantationGregory J Pomper
Department of Pathology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine and North Carolina Baptist Hospital, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Am J Transplant 5:2586-9. 2005..Transfusion support subsided after two months. If complications of anemia can be avoided, the deleterious effects of hemolysis may be well tolerated by renal allografts using antigen negative transfusion alone...
- A clinical and molecular genetic study of hypophosphatemic rickets in childrenHee Y Cho
Department of Pediatrics, Seoul National University Children s Hospital, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Pediatr Res 58:329-33. 2005..b>Renal glycosuria was detected in six cases and was associated with more severe skeletal disease...
- A novel missense mutation in SLC5A2 encoding SGLT2 underlies autosomal-recessive renal glucosuria and aminoaciduriaDaniella Magen
Pediatric Nephrology Unit, Meyer Children s Hospital, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Kidney Int 67:34-41. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine the phenotypic and genetic characteristics of three unrelated consanguineous families with FRG accompanied by aminoaciduria...
- A novel SGLT2 mutation in a patient with autosomal recessive renal glucosuriaJean Francis
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital of St Raphael, CT, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2893-5. 2004
- Gene Symbol: SLC55A2. Disease: familial renal glucosuriaJ Calado
Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
Hum Genet 115:170. 2004
- Familial renal glucosuria: SLC5A2 mutation analysis and evidence of salt-wastingJ Calado
Department of Genetics, Faculty of Medical Sciences, New University of Lisbon, Rua da Junquiera no 96, 1349 008 Lisbon, Portugal
Kidney Int 69:852-5. 2006..Definite proof of renin-angiotensin aldosterone system activation in FGR should rely on evaluation of additional patients with massive glucosuria...
- [Disorders of renal tubular transport of amino acids, hexose and phosphate]Hajime Hasegawa
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical School
Nihon Rinsho 64:522-7. 2006
- Biology of human sodium glucose transportersErnest M Wright
Department of Physiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1751, USA
Physiol Rev 91:733-94. 2011..We also discuss the physiology and pathophysiology of SGLTs, e.g., glucose galactose malabsorption and familial renal glycosuria, and briefly report on targeting of SGLTs for new therapies for diabetes.
- The Na(+)/glucose cotransporters: from genes to therapyR Sabino-Silva
Departamento de Fisiologia e Biofisica, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 43:1019-26. 2010..caused by aberrant expression of the SGLT1 in glucose-galactose malabsorption and the SGLT2 in familial renal glycosuria. Finally, it covers some pharmacological compounds that are being currently studied focusing on the interest ..
- Heterogeneous stock rats: a new model to study the genetics of renal phenotypesLeah C Solberg Woods
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F1484-91. 2010....
- Renal tubular dysfunction with nephrocalcinosis in a patient with beta thalassemia minorMurugesan Ram Prabahar
Department of Nephrology, Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 19:964-8. 2008..magnesium wasting, decreased tubular absorption of phosphorus, hypo-uricemia with renal uric acid wasting, renal glycosuria and tubular proteinuria have been described even in patients with beta thalassemia minor...
- Can we generate new hypotheses about Dent's disease from gene analysis of a mouse model?Sandra E Guggino
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Exp Physiol 94:191-6. 2009..The sodium-proton exchanger-like protein, Nhe10/sperm, encoded by Slc9a10, has a 0.5-fold decrease in transcript number. These genes are discussed with regard to the possible physiological outcomes of their transcript or protein changes...
- Aglycone exploration of C-arylglucoside inhibitors of renal sodium-dependent glucose transporter SGLT2Bruce A Ellsworth
Research and Development, Bristol Myers Squibb Co, PO Box 5400, Princeton, NJ 08543 5400, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:4770-3. 2008..The lead C-arylglucoside (7a) demonstrates superior metabolic stability to its O-arylglucoside counterpart (4) and it promotes glucosuria when administered in vivo...
- Twenty-one additional cases of familial renal glucosuria: absence of genetic heterogeneity, high prevalence of private mutations and further evidence of volume depletionJoaquim Calado
Departamento de Genética da Faculdade de Ciências Médicas, Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:3874-9. 2008..We have now extended this analysis to another 21 consecutive cases from 17 pedigrees, including 11 cases with severe glucose excretion...
- Mutation of solute carrier SLC16A12 associates with a syndrome combining juvenile cataract with microcornea and renal glucosuriaBarbara Kloeckener-Gruissem
Division of Medical Molecular Genetics and Gene Diagnostics, Institute of Medical Genetics, University Zurich, CH 8603 Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
Am J Hum Genet 82:772-9. 2008..This report demonstrates biological relevance of this solute carrier. We hypothesize that SLC16A12 is important for lens and kidney homeostasis and discuss its potential role in age-related cataract...
- Na(+) -glucose transporter-2 messenger ribonucleic acid expression in kidney of diabetic rats correlates with glycemic levels: involvement of hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha expression and activityH S Freitas
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 1524, 05505 900 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Endocrinology 149:717-24. 2008..in Na(+)-glucose transporters (SGLT)-2 and hepatocyte nuclear factor (HNF)-1alpha genes have been related to renal glycosuria and maturity-onset diabetes of the young 3, respectively...
- Transient renal tubulopathy in a racing GreyhoundL A Abraham
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Werribee VIC 3030
Aust Vet J 84:398-401. 2006..Systemic hypertension, renal glucosuria and altered fractional excretion of electrolytes resolved during the 7 day period of hospital treatment. The Greyhound resumed training without recurrence of renal dysfunction...
- Long-term outcome of renal glucosuria type 0: the original patient and his natural historySabine Scholl-Burgi
Department of Pediatrics, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2394-6. 2004
- Renal glucosuria due to SGLT2 mutationsRobert Kleta
Section on Human Biochemical Genetics, Medical Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room 10C 107, MSC 1851, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 1851, USA
Mol Genet Metab 82:56-8. 2004..Here we present clinical and molecular data regarding a 19-year-old woman with isolated glucosuria. She was compound heterozygous for two SGLT2 mutations, i.e., a new missense mutation, T200K, and a known missense mutation, N654S...
- Autosomal recessive renal proximal tubulopathy and hypercalciuria: a new syndromeDaniella Magen
Pediatric Nephrology Unit, Meyer Children s Hospital, Rambam Medical Center and Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Am J Kidney Dis 43:600-6. 2004....
- Renal glycosuria treated as diabetes mellitus: case reportJ Orem
Department of Medicine, Mulago Hospital, Kampala, Uganda
East Afr Med J 74:740-2. 1997A case of renal glycosuria is reported. A 55 year old female was diagnosed and treated in an upcountry hospital for diabetes mellitus...
- Hypercalciuria in renal glucosuriaS Kavukcu
Department of Pediatrics, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
Acta Paediatr Jpn 38:72-4. 1996..In this paper, we report on a case who has both renal glucosuria and hypercalciuria...
- Hyperoxaluria with hyperglycoluria not due to alanine:glyoxylate aminotransferase defect: a novel type of primary hyperoxaluriaK J Van Acker
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital, Antwerp Belgium
Kidney Int 50:1747-52. 1996..Although the underlying defect leading to hyperoxaluria and hyperglycoluria could not be identified in these patients, it is probable that they represent a separate type of primary hyperoxaluria...
- Preventive effect of betamipron on nephrotoxicity and uptake of carbapenems in rabbit renal cortexY Hirouchi
Product Development Laboratory, Sankyo Co, Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 66:1-6. 1994..Because of the low toxicity of BP (LD50 in the rat, more than 3,000 mg/kg, i.v.), it was concluded that BP might be a good candidate for reducing the nephrotoxicity induced by panipenem or imipenem...
- Localization of the gene for X-linked nephrogenic diabetes insipidus to Xq28M Kambouris
Department of Medical Genetics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46223
Am J Med Genet 29:239-46. 1988..01 (theta = 0) obtained for the molecular markers F8A (F8C) and DXS15 (DX13) respectively, indicate that the NDI gene is located in Xq28. A lod score of 3.61 (theta = 0) was obtained with multipoint linkage analysis of F8A and DXS15...
- Effect of camostat mesilate on heavy proteinuria in various nephropathiesM Matsubara
Renal Unit, Sendai Shakaihoken Hospital, Japan
Clin Nephrol 32:119-23. 1989....
- Changes in parathyroid hormone in diabetic patients on long-term hemodialysisK Kikunami
Inoue Hospital, Suita, Japan
Nephron 54:318-21. 1990..In patients in both groups, the mean concentration of the mid-region of PTH increased significantly. Secondary hyperparathyroidism in HD/DM develops slower than in HD/non-DM...
- Juvenile nephronophthisis diagnosed from glucosuria detected by urine screening at schoolH Tsukahara
Department of Pediatrics, Fukui Medical School, Japan
Acta Paediatr Jpn 32:548-51. 1990..On admission, she showed renal failure with combined proximal and distal tubular defects and progressive deterioration of renal function. JN should be considered in children with glucosuria...
- Type O renal glucosuriaA Bagga
Department of Paediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi
Acta Paediatr Scand 80:116-9. 1991....
- Nephrotic proteinuria without hypoalbuminemia: clinical characteristics and response to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitionM Praga
Department of Nephrology, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Am J Kidney Dis 17:330-8. 1991..1 +/- 2.4 to 8.8 +/- 4 g/d). Serum creatinine (Scr) remained stable during captopril treatment in group I, whereas three patients in group II showed a worsening of renal function.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Glucose transportersL J Elsas
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322
Annu Rev Med 43:377-93. 1992..Molecular defects of different transporters of this class cause familial glucose-galactose malabsorption and renal glycosuria. In the basolateral membrane of epithelial cells and in nonepithelial cells, glucose flows down its ..
- Is questionnaire information valid in the study of a chronic disease such as diabetes? The Nord-Trøndelag diabetes studyK Midthjell
National Institute for Public Health, Community Medicine Research Centre, Verdal, Norway
J Epidemiol Community Health 46:537-42. 1992..The aim was to validate information about diabetes mellitus collected by questionnaire in a large epidemiological survey...
- Hypercalciuria in children with renal glycosuria: evidence of dual renal tubular reabsorptive defectsD Schneider
Department of Pediatrics, Schneider Children s Hospital of Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York 11042
J Pediatr 121:715-9. 1992..5 years, we have identified idiopathic hypercalciuria in five of seven patients referred for evaluation of renal glycosuria between 1985 and 1991. The children, all boys, ranged in age from 6 to 12 years...
- Transient renal glucosuria in patients with tetanusG R Rezaian
Intensive Care Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Nephron 80:292-5. 1998..CONCLUSION: Significant but transient glucosuria of renal origin possibly induced by tetanospasmin is common in patients with tetanus...
- [Renal glucosuria and membranous glomerulonephritis in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy: CIDP]K Kanemoto
Department of Pediatrics, Seinan Medical Center Hospital, Tsukuba University, Ibaraki, Japan
Nippon Jinzo Gakkai Shi 41:511-6. 1999..We surmise that chronic interstitial nephritis of insidious onset was followed by MGN which developed subsequently, probably at the time of the start of proteinuria...
- Novel compound heterozygous mutations in SLC5A2 are responsible for autosomal recessive renal glucosuriaJoaquim Calado
Department of Genetics, Faculty of Medical Sciences, New University of Lisbon, Rua da Junqueira 96, 1349 008 Lisbon, Portugal
Hum Genet 114:314-6. 2004..N654S mutation involving a highly conserved residue. These findings confirm that mutations in the SLC5A2 gene are responsible for recessive renal glucosuria...
- Molecular analysis of the SGLT2 gene in patients with renal glucosuriaRene Santer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:2873-82. 2003..We conclude that SGLT2 plays an important role in renal tubular glucose reabsorption. Inheritance of renal glucosuria shows characteristics of a codominant trait with variable penetrance...
- The effect of extracorporeal albumin dialysis on plasma phospholipid fatty acids in patients with end-stage liver diseaseNina Zeh
School of Medicine, University of Rostock, Germany
Liver Int 23:34-8. 2003..ECAD causes a transient increase in PLFA toward normal levels and also increases the proportion of n3 and n6 FA...
- The sodium/glucose cotransport family SLC5Ernest M Wright
Department of Physiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1751, USA
Pflugers Arch 447:510-8. 2004..Mutations in three genes produce genetic diseases (glucose-galactose malabsorption, renal glycosuria and hypothyroidism)...
- Hyperlipidemia in pediatric kidney transplant recipients treated with cyclosporineBlanche M Chavers
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 18:565-9. 2003..06). At 5 years post Tx, recipients had a high prevalence of hyperlipidemia. The identification and treatment of hyperlipidemia should be included in pediatric kidney Tx protocols...
- Differential regulation of mouse kidney sodium-dependent transporters mRNA by cadmiumN M Tabatabai
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 177:163-73. 2001Chronic exposure to cadmium can result in renal glycosuria. Previously, we reported that cadmium reduced the relative abundance of the sodium-glucose cotransporter mRNA (Blumenthal et al., Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol.149, 49-54, 1998)...
- Transient renal glycosuria in a patient with acute pyelonephritisC J Wu
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism of Internal Medicine, Chia Yi Veterans Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
Intern Med 40:519-21. 2001..Thus definite diagnosis of diabetes mellitus should be made only after recovery of APN by means of urinalysis or by simultaneous blood glucose concentration analysis...
- Identification of a novel form of renal glucosuria with overexcretion of arginine, carnosine, and taurineS Sankarasubbaiyan
Divisions of Nephrology and Internal Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 37:1039-43. 2001..Future investigations could determine whether the syndrome involves a defect in the SGLT2 gene...
- Postprandial reactive hypoglycemiaJ F Brun
Service Central de Physiologie Clinique, Centre d Exploration et de Réadaptation des Anomalies Métaboliques et Musculaires CERAMM, Lapeyronie Hospital Montpellier, France
Diabetes Metab 26:337-51. 2000..insulin response, either related to insulin resistance or to increased glucagon-like-peptide 1; (b) renal glycosuria; (c) defects in glucagon response; (d) high insulin sensitivity, probably the most frequent cause (50-70%), ..
- Mutation analysis of the GLUT2 gene in patients with Fanconi-Bickel syndromeO Sakamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Medical Genetics, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Pediatr Res 48:586-9. 2000..Heterozygotes of L389P or V423E mutation from the patients' families showed renal glucosuria. These data suggested that GLUT2 gene defects may be a cause of renal glucosuria...
- Glucose transporters: structure, function and consequences of deficiencyG K Brown
Department of Biochemistry, Oxford, UK
J Inherit Metab Dis 23:237-46. 2000..of the secondary active sodium/glucose transporters result in glucose/galactose malabsorption or congenital renal glycosuria. GLUT1 deficiency produces a seizure disorder with low glucose concentration in cerebrospinal fluid and GLUT2 ..
- Serum fructosamine measurement: a new diagnostic approach to renal glucosuria in dogsS I Thoresen
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, The Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo, N 0033, Norway
Res Vet Sci 67:267-71. 1999..To distinguish between primary renal glucosuria and the Fanconi syndrome, measurement of the amino acid concentration in urine was performed...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and glycosuriaJ J Milavetz
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson 85724
Arch Intern Med 152:1081-3. 1992b>Renal glycosuria associated with the use of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors has been previously reported in two patients. A third patient was studied who developed isolated glycosuria associated with lisinopril therapy...
- FAMILIAL GLUCOSE GALACTOSE MALABSORPTIONERNEST WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2001..This study will enable us to identify and treat patients with sugar malabsorption due to mutations in the SGLT1 gene, and will provide unique information about the synthesis, trafficking and function of the cotransporter. ..
- MOLECULAR ARCHITECTURE OF THE NA+/GLUCOSE COTRANSPORTERERNEST WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2005..coli, purified and reconstituted into liposomes. The results will provide a direct test of the alternating access model for sodium/sugar cotransport. ..