Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inability to form or excrete urine.
Publications227 found, 100 shown here
- [Acute renal failure. Anuria]Marie Alyette Costa de Beauregard
Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, 75970 Paris
Rev Prat 54:81-8, 80. 2004
- Acute renal cortical necrosis in a series of young men with severe acute pancreatitisA V M Alfonzo
Renal Unit, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Castle Street, Glasgow G4 0SF, Great Britain
Clin Nephrol 66:223-31. 2006..We present a detailed account of each patient including diagnostic strategies and discuss the possible factors contributing to a favorable outcome in these patients...
- Anuria, omphalocele, and perinatal lethality in mice lacking the CD34-related protein podocalyxinR Doyonnas
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Exp Med 194:13-27. 2001..Our results provide the first example of an essential role for a sialomucin in development and suggest that defects in podocalyxin could play a role in podocyte dysfunction in renal failure and omphalocele in humans...
- Investigating the mechanism for maintaining eucalcemia despite immobility and anuria in the hibernating American black bear (Ursus americanus)Rita L Seger
University of Maine, Department of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, Orono, ME 04469, USA
Bone 49:1205-12. 2011Ursine hibernation uniquely combines prolonged skeletal unloading, anuria, pregnancy, lactation, protein recycling, and lipolysis...
- Glycyrrhetinic acid decreases plasma potassium concentrations in patients with anuriaAndreas Serra
University Hospital of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:191-6. 2002..In a prospective, double-blind, cross-over study, seven patients with anuria on chronic hemodialysis were randomly assigned after a baseline period of 2 wk to placebo or GA (1 g/d) for 2 wk, ..
- Occult ureteropelvic junction obstruction presenting as anuria and urinary ascites in an infant with antenatal, unilateral hydronephrosisDaniel A Hirselj
Section on Urology, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Pediatr Urol 5:405-7. 2009..To discuss an unusual case of occult ureteropelvic junction obstruction...
- Reflex anuria affecting both kidneys following hysterectomyMahmoud Gholyaf
Department of Nephrology, Ekbatan Hospital, Hamedan University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Hamedan, Iran
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 20:120-3. 2009..In rare instances however, it has been reported that unilateral ureteral obstruction can lead to reflex anuria (RA) and acute renal failure (ARF)...
- Giant nonpancreatic pseudocyst causing acute anuriaPinar Oray-Schrom
Department of Medicine Pediatrics, Bridgeport Hospital, Yale New Haven Health, Bridgeport, Connecticut 06610, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 34:160-3. 2002..unique case of a giant intraabdominal pseudocyst that resulted in acute abdominal compartment syndrome, leading to anuria and acute renal failure...
- Reflex anuria from unilateral ureteral obstructionC Catalano
Renal and Dialysis Unit, Monselice Hospital, Monselice, Padova, Italy
Nephron 90:349-51. 2002..Few reports exist in which unilateral renal obstruction is associated with anuria (reflex anuria, RA) and acute renal failure...
- Reflex anuria after renal tumor embolizationSelim Kervancioglu
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Gaziantep University, 27310 Gaziantep, Turkey
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:304-6. 2007We report a case of reflex anuria after transarterial embolization of a renal tumor. Anuria developed immediately after embolization and resolved 74 hr following the procedure...
- Peritoneal dialysis prescription suitable for children with anuriaMasataka Honda
Department of Pediatrics, Tokyo Metropolitan Children s Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Perit Dial Int 28:S153-8. 2008Peritoneal dialysis patients with anuria have a poor prognosis because of uremia and volume overload. In the present paper, I discuss a suitable prescription for children with anuria...
- Peritoneal dialysis in children under two years of ageHanne Laakkonen
Department of Paediatric Nephrology and Transplantation, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:1747-53. 2008..Although results of peritoneal dialysis (PD) in small children have improved during recent years, the youngest children have poorer growth, more infections and higher mortality than do older children...
- Duration of oliguria and anuria as predictors of chronic renal-related sequelae in post-diarrheal hemolytic uremic syndromeRobert S Oakes
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 23:1303-8. 2008..were identified as having had at least 1 day of oliguria, with 69 individuals having had at least 1 day of anuria. The incidences of renal-related sequelae [proteinuria, low glomerular filtration rate (GFR), and hypertension] ..
- A post-menopausal woman with anuria and uterus bulk: the spectrum of estrogen-induced TTP/HUSW Y Au
Am J Hematol 71:59-60. 2002
- Twenty-five years of infant dialysis: a single center experienceRana Hijazi
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, University of Miami Holtz Children s Hospital, Miami, FL, USA
J Pediatr 155:111-7. 2009..To perform a retrospective analysis of the long-term outcome of infants with end-stage kidney disease (ESKD) treated at our center during the past 25 years...
- Massive gastric dilatation and anuria resolved with naso-gastric tube decompressionRamón Peces
Servicio de Nefrologia, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Int Urol Nephrol 42:831-4. 2010..An abdominal compartment syndrome secondary to intra-abdominal hypertension was suspected. Naso-gastric tube decompression resulted in immediate resaturation of the diuresis and progressive recovery of renal function...
- COX-2 inhibitor induced anuric renal failure in a previously healthy young womanA S Mühlfeld
Division of Nephrology and Immunology, University of Aachen, Germany
Clin Nephrol 63:221-4. 2005..we report the case of a previously healthy woman with reversible acute renal failure associated with eight days of anuria following the administration of valdecoxib, a newly released selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, during an ..
- Dialyzability of the antiepileptic drug zonisamide in patients undergoing hemodialysisYoshio Ijiri
Department of Pharmacy, Osaka Medical College Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Epilepsia 45:924-7. 2004..In this study, the dialyzability of ZNS during hemodialysis was investigated in four ZNS-treated women with systemic lupus erythematosus complicated by seizures...
- [Bilateral compartment syndrome after surgical perfusion for chronic ischemia of the lower extremities]J M Mendieta
Servicio de Anestesiologia y Reanimacion, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 51:155-7. 2004..The delay in diagnosis, in part owing to the epidural block provided for surgery, and loss of muscle mass led to the unfavorable outcome in this case...
- [An unusual cause of acute anuric renal failure]Z Rihova
I interní klinika 1 Lékarské fakulty UK a VFN, Praha
Vnitr Lek 50:318-20. 2004..Our patient is one of the oldest patients with immunotactoid glomerulonephritis described. The presentation by acute renal failure with an improvement of renal function after therapy has not been previously published...
- PD plus concept leads to significant increases in solute clearances in anuric CAPD patientsHeather Iles-Smith
Department of Renal Medicine, Manchester Royal Infirmary, UK
Perit Dial Int 22:719-21. 2002
- Exanthema and acute anuric renal failureM Resch
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Innere Medizin II, University of Regensburg, Germany
Clin Nephrol 65:361-3. 2006..the girl showed persisting fever and developed arthralgias, an exanthema and a rising serum creatinine as well as anuria. A wide variety of differential diagnoses has to be thought of because of the history of the Kawasaki disease (..
- Continuous veno-venous hemofiltration for the treatment of contrast-induced acute renal failure after percutaneous coronary interventionsGiancarlo Marenzi
Centro Cardiologico Monzino, IRCCS, Institute of Cardiology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 58:59-64. 2003..However, despite promising early results, large randomized trials are required to define the role of CVVH in ARF after PCI...
- Small-solute and middle-molecule clearances during continuous flow peritoneal dialysisJohn K Leypoldt
Research Service, Salt Lake City VA Health Care System, Departments of Internal Medicine and Bioengineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Adv Perit Dial 18:26-31. 2002..Dose enhancements for CFPD were highest for small solutes, but were still considerable for middle molecules. We conclude that CFPD achieves higher doses than CAPD or HFHD for both small-solute and middle-molecule removal...
- Renal cortical necrosis related to paraneoplastic antiphospholipid syndromeCecile Vigneau
Intensive Care Unit, St Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Kidney Dis 47:1072-4. 2006..A 46-year-old male smoker without medical history was admitted for acute dyspnea and anuria. Biological examination showed acute renal failure associated with hyperkalemia, high serum lactate dehydrogenase ..
- [Acute kidney failure with the absence of renal blood flow during an obstetric catastrophe: renal vasospasm versus cortical necrosis]J R Berlanga
Nefrologia 24:194-5. 2004
- Dissolution of uric acid stones causing acute obstructing anuria in three consecutive infantsMete Kaya
Harran University, Medical School, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Sanliurfa, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 35:321-4. 2003We report on 3 infants with obstructive anuria due to bilateral uric acid stones...
- Predictors of survival in anuric peritoneal dialysis patientsMaarten A M Jansen
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 68:1199-205. 2005..These objectives were investigated in a prospective cohort study in incident peritoneal dialysis patients who had become anuric during follow-up...
- Massive amoxycillin crystalluria causing anuric acute renal failureL Labriola
Division of General Internal Medicine, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Nephrol 59:455-7. 2003..Infrared spectrophotometry revealed that the crystals were composed of trihydrated amoxycillin. The possibility of intrarenal obstruction due to massive drug crystalluria should not be overlooked in the face of abrupt anuria.
- Anuria due to acute bilateral renal vein occlusion after thrombolysis for pulmonary embolismEpaminondas Zakynthinos
Int J Cardiol 101:163-6. 2005..Finally, endogenous fibrinolytic activity, under low molecular weight heparin, resulted in a slow dissolution of the pulmonary thrombus and restoration of kidney function...
- [Etiology and outcomes of acute renal failure in childhood]Diana Dobiliene
Clinic of Children s Diseases, Kaunas University of Medicine, Eiveniu 2, 50009 Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 41:21-5. 2005..Mortality rate of infants in the first study group was higher than for children of the same age in the second group (p<0.001). Mortality rate for children, who had oliguria or anuria, was higher in the second group, too (p<0.001).
- [Differential diagnosis of urinary retention: aneurysm of the iliac artery]J Vlasic-Matas
Klinik fur Innere Medizin, Abteilung für Nephrologie, Klinikum Split, Split, Croatia
Aktuelle Urol 35:62-4. 2004..Palpation of a pulsating mass finally led to the diagnosis of aneurysm of the iliac artery. Based on this case, the general problem of diagnosing an iliac artery aneurysm is discussed...
- Clinical parameters, postmortem analysis and estimation of lethal dose in victims of a massive intoxication with diethylene glycolLuis A Ferrari
Laboratory of Toxicology and Legal Chemistry, Court of Justice of the Province of Buenos Aires, 41 and 119, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
Forensic Sci Int 153:45-51. 2005..The intoxicating agent was diethylene glycol (DEG), which caused metabolic acidosis, anuria, renal failure and death in 15 out of the 29 studied victims...
- Relative nephroprotection during Escherichia coli O157:H7 infections: association with intravenous volume expansionJulie A Ake
Department of Medicine, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington, USA
Pediatrics 115:e673-80. 2005....
- [Revascularization surgery of an anuric solitary kidney using the left colic artery as a free graft]A Dinis da Gama
Clínica Universitária de Cirurgia Vascular do Hospital de Santa Maria, Lisboa
Rev Port Cir Cardiotorac Vasc 10:141-5. 2003..However, in rare circumstances, such is the case of individuals with a solitary kidney, a situation of anuria and acute renal failure may constitute the main presentation of the condition...
- Predictors of decline of residual renal function in new peritoneal dialysis patientsDavid W Johnson
Department of Renal Medicine, University of Queensland at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Perit Dial Int 23:276-83. 2003..The aim of this study was to prospectively evaluate the risk factors for decline of residual renal function (RRF) in an incident peritoneal dialysis (PD) population...
- Team approach in a peritoneal dialysis unit provides better control of hypertension than in a hemodialysis unitDenis E Pagé
Home Dialysis Unit, Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Adv Perit Dial 20:117-20. 2004....
- Comparative survival analysis of urea kinetic based indicesM Stosovic
Department of Nephrology, University Clinical Center, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Int J Artif Organs 28:566-75. 2005..This prospective, single-center study was carried out with the aim to compare predictive value of different indices and methods of measuring dialysis dose...
- Post-coronarography application of continuous veno-venous hemofiltration in the prevention of contrast nephropathy in patients with complex multisystem deficiencyGaetano La Manna
Nephrology, Dialysis and Renal Transplant Unit, University of Bologna, St Orsola University Hospital, Bologna, Italy
In Vivo 22:123-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficiency of the CVVH technique in preventing CN secondary to emergency radiological procedures in very high-risk patients...
- Axillomesenteric bypass: an unusual solution to a difficult problemChristos D Karkos
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, United Kingdom
J Vasc Surg 45:404-7. 2007..The patient remains symptom-free 12 months postoperatively. In this rare situation, extra-anatomic bypass provided an unorthodox but less-invasive solution to a difficult surgical problem...
- Development of anuria after appendectomy in a patient with a distal ureteral stone in a single kidneyJung Hyun Kwon
Department of Internal Medicine, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Gu, Seoul 137 040, Korea
Yonsei Med J 48:139-41. 2007The development of anuria after appendectomy is usually related to complications associated with appendicitis or with the surgical sequelae of appendectomy. We report an unusual case of anuria after appendectomy in a 20-year-old woman...
- Effects of automated peritoneal dialysis on residual daily urinary volume in childrenM Fischbach
Dialysis Children's Unit, University Hospital Hautepierre, Strasbourg, France
Adv Perit Dial 17:269-73. 2001..The endpoint was anuria occurrence, defined as a dUV below 50 mL/m2 body surface area (BSA) at three consecutive monthly determinations...
- Acute bilateral renal cortical necrosis as a cause of postoperative renal failureG S Palapattu
Department of Urology, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Urology 58:281. 2001..Of the approximately 15 known reported cases involving native kidneys after a major nonobstetric abdominal operation in the world literature, we believe this is the first to be related to an orthotopic organ transplant...
- Acute anuric renal failure following jering bean ingestionJin Shyan Wong
Department of Medicine, Sarawak General Hospital, and Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University Malaysia Sarawak, Malaysia
Asian J Surg 30:80-1. 2007..Healthcare providers need to recognize djenkolism as a cause of acute renal failure and the public educated on this potential health hazard...
- Prolonged renal failure secondary to antithymocyte globulin treatment in severe aplastic anemiaRuchdi K Barakat
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:895-8. 2007..To report a case of acute renal failure in a patient with severe aplastic anemia after administration of antithymocyte globulin (ATG)...
- Surgical rescue and restoration of renal function in an anuric renal failure patient: a case reportJohn E Campbell
West Virginia University School of Medicine, Charleston Division, USA
W V Med J 104:22-4. 2008..Surgical or transcatheter renal revascularization should be considered in appropriate patients...
- Renal replacement therapy in neonates with congenital heart diseaseStefano Morelli
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, Bambino Gesu Hospital, Rome, Italy
Contrib Nephrol 156:428-33. 2007....
- The clinical usefulness of peritoneal dialysis fluids with neutral pH and low glucose degradation product concentration: an open randomized prospective trialHoon Young Choi
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Kidney Disease, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Perit Dial Int 28:174-82. 2008....
- Infusion pyelography in anuric patientsM S Rao
J Urol 116:297-9. 1976..The latter study has helped greatly in sifting apart pre-renal and renal anuria patients from those with obstructive uropathy...
- [Bleeding complication due to accumulation of low-molecular-weight heparin in a patient with renal insufficiency]S Schneiter
Abteilung für Nephrologie, Kantonsppital Aarau
Praxis (Bern 1994) 96:733-7. 2007..They are as safe and efficient compared to unfractioned heparin. But due to their renal elimination, they have to be monitored by measuring anti-factor Xa-activity if creatinine-clearance is <30 ml/min...
- Too much of a good thing? Tracing the history of the propofol infusion syndromeDaniel J Rosen
Department of General Surgery, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, New York, USA
J Trauma 63:443-7. 2007
- Pharmacokinetics of moxifloxacin and levofloxacin in intensive care unit patients who have acute renal failure and undergo extended daily dialysisDavid Czock
Division of Nephrology, University Hospital Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 1:1263-8. 2006..The levofloxacin dosage, however, should be reduced according to the intensity of renal replacement therapy...
- [Anuric acute renal failure due to acetazolamide]R Lopez-Menchero
Nefrologia 26:755-6. 2006
- Rhabdomyolysis associated with compartment syndrome resulting in acute renal failureHilary West
Department of General Surgery, Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Canterbury, England, UK
Eur J Emerg Med 14:368-70. 2007..Measurement of creatine kinase is predictive of the extent of muscle damage and the development of renal failure...
- [Severe malaria associated with acute renal insufficiency: apropos of a case]J R Mabiala-Babela
Service de pédiatrie nourrissons, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire de Brazzaville, BP 32, Brazzaville, République du Congo
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 95:74-5. 2002..5 years following Plasmodium malaria fever. Clinical features included severe anemia, oligo-anuria, and creatinemia of 80 mg/l. The haemoglobin electrophoresis was standard...
- Digoxin poisoning and anuric acute renal failure: efficiency of the treatment associating digoxin-specific antibodies (Fab) and plasma exchangesP Chillet
Intensive Care Unit, Centre hospitalier de Chalons en Champagne, France
Int J Artif Organs 25:538-41. 2002..These complexes are renally excreted. In the case of anuria, they could be dissociated and lead to renewed intoxication. In this case plasma exchanges are proposed...
- Effectiveness of furosemide in patients on peritoneal dialysisAmy Flinn
Acute Care of the Elderly, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario
CANNT J 16:40-4. 2006..The aim of this study is to evaluate our use of furosemide and its effect on diuresis in a home peritoneal dialysis program...
- The effect of coronary angiography on residual renal function in patients on peritoneal dialysisSteven D Weisbord
Renal Section, Medical Specialty Service Line, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, USA
Clin Cardiol 29:494-7. 2006..The risk of intravascular radiocontrast to residual renal function (RRF) in patients on peritoneal dialysis (PD) remains largely unknown...
- The impact of increasing the daytime dialysis exchange frequency on peritoneal dialysis adequacy and nutritional status of Chinese anuric patientsCheuk Chun Szeto
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin
Perit Dial Int 22:197-203. 2002..To study the effect of increasing the daytime dialysis exchange frequency on dialysis adequacy and nutritional status of Chinese anuric patients...
- [Rhabdomyolysis and anuric kidney failure induced by the treatment with a gemfibrozil-cerivastatin combination]A E Sirvent
, Hospital General de Elche, Ptda. de Huertos y Molinos, s/n 03203 Elche, Alicante
Nefrologia 21:497-500. 2001..This patient shows the potential risk of a fibrates-cerivastatin combination. When this association is required it is necessary to avoid other nephrotoxic and myopathic factors and to monitor CK levels closely...
- Acute kidney dysfunction secondary to the abdominal compartment syndromeWilliam Shear
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia USA
J Nephrol 19:556-65. 2006..described in 1876 and include impairment of renal blood flow and glomerular filtration resulting in oliguria or anuria and acute kidney dysfunction...
- [Sodium azide--clinical course of the poisoning and treatment]Bogdan Łopaciński
Klinika Ostrych Zatruć, Instytutu Medycyny Pracy w Łodzi
Przegl Lek 64:326-30. 2007..He developed a deep coma, respiratory and circulatory insufficiency, metabolic acidosis, cardiac dysrrhythmias and anuria. Cardiac activity monitoring showed alternating tachycardia (140 beats per minute) and bradycardia (48 beats per ..
- Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome presenting with intrauterine fetal death. A case reportRun Mei Ma
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1st Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical College, Yunnan Province, People s Republic of China
J Reprod Med 48:661-4. 2003..Only 2 cases of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome have been reported in the English-language literature. We report a case of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) complicating pregnancy to alert clinicians to this rare possibility...
- [Rhabdomyolysis as a complication of Parkinson's disease]P Pozzoni
Divisione di Nefrologia e Dialisi, Ospedale A Manzoni, Lecco
G Ital Nefrol 19:13-7. 2002..We report two cases of rhabdomyolysis, one of which complicated by an oligo-anuric renal failure, which occurred in patients affected by Parkinson's disease and admitted to our Division...
- Multimodal management of urolithiasis in renal transplantationBen Challacombe
Department of Urology, Guy s and St Thomas Hospitals, London, UK
BJU Int 96:385-9. 2005....
- [Clinical and epidemiologic characteristics of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in patients treated at the Dr. Fran Mihaljević Clinic for Infectious Diseases in Zagreb]Ivan Puljiz
Klinika za infektivne bolesti Dr Fran Mihaljevic Mirogojska 8 10000 Zagreb, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 57:347-53. 2003....
- Lily toxicity in the catKevin T FitzGerald
VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital, Denver, CO 80247, USA
Top Companion Anim Med 25:213-7. 2010..Successful treatment includes initiation of fluid diuresis before the onset of anuric renal failure. Once anuria develops, peritoneal dialysis or hemodialysis is the only potential treatment...
- Hormone studies in Myxine glutinosa: effects of the eicosanoids arachidonic acid, prostaglandin E1, E2, A2, F2 alpha, thromboxane B2 and of indomethacin on plasma cortisol, blood pressure, urine flow and electrolyte balanceN A Wales
Department of Zoophysiology, , Sweden
J Comp Physiol B 158:621-6. 1988..prostaglandin E1, E2, A2 and TXB2 in doses of 10 micrograms kg-1, an effect which became even more pronounced following injection of 50 micrograms kg-1 quantities, leading in some cases to complete anuria.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)
- [Effects of early oral fluid resuscitation on organ functions and survival during shock stage in dogs with a 50% total body surface area full-thickness burn]Sen Hu
Laboratory of Shock and Organ Dysfunction, Burns Institute, First Affiliated Hospital of Chinese People s Liberation Army General Hospital, Beijing 100037, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:3149-52. 2008..To investigate the effects of early oral fluid resuscitation on organ functions and survival in severe burn shock...
- A case report of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and severe acute renal failure post non-myeloablative allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation treated with plasma exchange and hemodialysisYujiro Kida
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Ther Apher Dial 11:402-6. 2007..In contrast, since her anuria continued, she was managed with hemodialysis...
- Hyperthermia-induced HSP expression correlates with improved rat renal isograft viability and survival in kidneys harvested from non-heart-beating donorsC A Redaelli
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Inselspital, University of Bern, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Transpl Int 14:351-60. 2001..Following 40 min of warm ischemia, 6/10 (60 %) recipients survived, whereas all sham treated animals died with anuria within 6 days (log rank p = 0.01)...
- [Case of serious renal failure induced by ingesting large volume of MAKIRON]Itsuka Hanji
Department of Pharmacy, Toho University Omori Medical Center
Chudoku Kenkyu 21:311-5. 2008..the patient required continuation of dialysis three times per week for seventeen days due to persistence of anuria. Few case reports on renal failure induced by MAKIRON have been published, whereas there are occasional reports of ..
- Kidney disease in medieval Serbian manuscripts from the Chilandar monastery (Mount Athos, Greece)Gordana Subaric Gorgieva
Faculty of Medicine, University of Pristina, Kosovska Mitrovica, Serbia
J Nephrol 19:S30-7. 2006..Many symptoms and syndromes such as hematuria, dysuria, pyuria, renal colic, anuria, polyuria, edema and dropsy, urine retention and fever, are incorporated in the broader clinical pictures of ..
- Hemiresective reconstruction of a redundant ileal conduit with severe bilateral ileal conduit-ureteral re fl uxTetsuya Fujimura
Department of Urology, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Urol 12:917-9. 2005A 58-year-old man was referred to our hospital with high fever and anuria. Since undergoing a total pelvic exenteration due to bladder-invasive sigmoid colon cancer, urinary tract infections had frequently occurred...
- Ureteroscopic holmium laser lithotripsy in patients with renal impairmentAhmed S Safwat
Department of Urology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham St Slot 540, Little Rock, AR 72205 7199, USA
Int Urol Nephrol 40:15-7. 2008In this study, we try to evaluate the efficacy and safety of holmium lasers for treatment of ureteric stones in patients with renal impairment or obstructive anuria.
- Bilateral ureteral obstruction due to primary myelofibrosis caused hyperuricaemiaZ P Cvetković
Urolotka sluba KBC Zemun
Acta Chir Iugosl 57:79-83. 2010..Stones were not seen on plain film. Since the patient was in complete anuria, with further rapid elevation of BUN and creatinine levels, bilateral ureteral stents were applicated together ..
- Role of percutaneous nephrostomy (PCN) in malignant ureteral obstructionMalik Hussain Jalbani
Chandka Medical College, Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 60:280-3. 2010..To assess whether PCN placement in patients having malignant ureteric obstruction can provide patient benefit or increase morbidity...
- Fatal fetal outcome with the combined use of valsartan and atenololG G Briggs
Women s Hospital, Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, CA 90801 1428, USA
Ann Pharmacother 35:859-61. 2001....
- Vasopressin pressor effects in critically ill children during evaluation for brain death and organ recoveryK Katz
Departments of Emergency Medicine Internal Medicine, Christiana Care Health Systems, 4755 Ogletown Stanton Road, Newark, DE, 19718, USA
Resuscitation 47:33-40. 2000..3, (P<0.01). There was no VP induced dysrhythmia, hypertension, anuria or toxicity reported...
- Acute renal failure with neurological involvement in adults associated with measles virus isolationN S Wairagkar
National Institute of Virology, Pune, India
Lancet 354:992-5. 1999..Three people with clinical manifestations of acute renal failure with neurological involvement of unknown cause were admitted to a hospital in Mumbai, India. We describe clinical presentations and investigations of the cause...
- [Pulmonary manifestations of leptospirosis]F Paganin
Service de Pneumologie et Maladies Infectieuses, GHSR, Saint Pierre, Reunion, France
Rev Mal Respir 26:971-9. 2009..We present a large series of patients with pulmonary involvement using a practical approach based on the presence of acute respiratory failure (ARF)...
- Levels of epitope-specific autoantibodies correlate with renal damage in anti-GBM diseaseRui Yang
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Peking University First Hospital, Institute of Nephrology, Peking University and Key Laboratory of Renal disease, Ministry of Health of China, Beijing 100034, People s Republic of China
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:1838-44. 2009..In order to elucidate the importance of such antibodies, we studied the levels and the epitope specificities of anti-GBM antibodies in a large cohort of Chinese patients with anti-GBM disease...
- [Quinine-induced renal bilateral cortical necrosis]F Leroy
Service de Nephrologie et Transplantation Renale, CHU de Poitiers, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
Nephrol Ther 4:181-6. 2008..A 41-year-old woman was admitted for severe abdominal pain, melaena, fever and anuria two hours after quinine tablet intake for nocturnal leg cramps...
- [Etiology, pathophysiology and clinical significance of hereditary fructose intolerance]U Fauth
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Mainz
Infusionstherapie 18:213-22. 1991..The impairment of the liver function finds expression in a severe coagulopathy, the damage of the kidney leads to anuria. In chronic oral fructose supply, damage of the liver and small intestinal mucosa with corresponding ..
- Anuric renal failure in a dog after red-bellied black snake (Pseudechis porphyriacus) envenomationJ Heller
University Veterinary Centre, Camden, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Sydney, PMB 4 Narellan Delivery Centre, Narellan, New South Wales, 2567, Australia
Aust Vet J 84:158-62. 2006..Intensive treatment was attempted with diuresis and volume expansion. Oliguria and subsequent anuria ensued and the dog was euthanased due to a grave prognosis and lack of clinical response to treatment...
- [Valaciclovir-related neuro- and nephro-toxicity in two geriatric patients]C Catalano
U O di Lungodegenza, U L S S 17, Este, Padova Italy
G Ital Nefrol 22:S132-4. 2005..We observed two geriatric patients with normal serum creatinine who developed acute renal failure (ARF) and neurotoxicity after ingesting the drug at the conventional therapeutic dose...
- Blood purification therapy in treatment of acute renal failure in infants with melamine-induced stonesYing Shen
Department of Nephrology, Beijing Children s Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University, Beijing 100045, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:257-61. 2009..Corrective perception, timely diagnosis, and active treatment of this complex disease are critical factors that guarantee a quick recovery of renal function of infants and help them to prevent multiple organ system failure...
- Acute phase reaction to gadolinium-DTPA in dialysis patientsHenning Steen
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:1274-7. 2009..In an observational series, we found a remarkable frequency of peracute reactions after administration of Gd-DTPA used for cardiovascular evaluation before renal transplantation...
- [Nephrectomy in acute uncomplicated pyelonephritis]H J Knopf
Urologische Klinik, Klinikum Dortmund gGmbH, Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus der Universität Münster
Urologe A 43:1416-9. 2004..Which complications can develop from uncomplicated pyelonephritis that may require nephrectomy?..
- Rapidly progressive fatal pneumococcal sepsis in adults: a report of two casesYasushi Iinuma
Emergency and Critical Care Medical Center, Niigata City General Hospital, Shichikuyama 2 6 1, Chuouku, Niigata City, Niigata 950 8739, Japan
J Infect Chemother 13:346-9. 2007..Upon presentation to our department, she demonstrated unstable vital signs, diminished consciousness, anuria, and icterus...
- Perinatal rupture of the uropoietic systemH L Claahsen-van der Grinten
University Medical Center St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Nephrol 57:432-8. 2002..The diagnosis is often delayed and the prognosis is related to the degree of renal damage. There is discussion about possible protective mechanisms of the rupture for renal function in patients with obstructive uropathy...
- Important differentiation of factors that predict outcome in peritoneal dialysis patients with different degrees of residual renal functionAngela Yee Moon Wang
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin NT, Hong Kong
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:396-403. 2005..73 m2 vs those with complete anuria and differentiated factors that predict outcome in the two groups of patients.
- [The treatment choice of solitary kidney complicated with complex calculi report of 42 cases]Gang Liu
Department of Urology, Rongjun Hospital of Guangdong Province, Guangzhou 510260, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 43:936-9. 2005..To investigate the therapeutics of complex calculi in solitary kidney, and to improve the effect and safety of treatment...
- [Study on safety and efficacy of concentrated potassium chloride infusions in critically ill patients with hypokalemia]Qing He
Department of Intensive Care Unit, Beijing Hospital, Ministry of Health, Beijing 100730, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 20:416-8. 2008..To explore the safety and clinical efficacy of intravenous infusion of concentrated potassium chloride using micro-pumps in critically ill patients with hypokalemia...
- Treatment of postpartum thrombotic microangiopathy with plasma exchange using cryosupernatant as replacementKatja Lampinen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:175-9. 2004..b>Anuria or oliguria at the beginning of treatment and thrombocytopenia [thromb- (29-68) x 109/L] were common features...
- Angiotensin II-receptor-antagonists: further evidence of fetotoxicity but not teratogenicityChristof Schaefer
Fachbereich Embryonaltoxikologie Department of Embryotoxicology, Berliner Betrieb für Zentrale Gesundheitliche Aufgaben, Berlin, Germany
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 67:591-4. 2003..The other enrolls women prospectively according to exposure to particular drugs during pregnancy, with follow-up of pregnancy outcome...
- Visceral aortic patch aneurysm after thoracoabdominal aortic repair: conventional vs hybrid treatmentYamume Tshomba
Department of Vascular Surgery, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
J Vasc Surg 48:1083-91. 2008....
- Continuous hemofiltration dose calculation in a newborn patient with congenital heart disease and preoperative renal failureZ Ricci
Department of Pediatric Cardiosurgery, Bambino Gesu Hospital, Rome, Italy
Int J Artif Organs 30:258-61. 2007..To report a case of a newborn patient with renal failure due to polycystic kidneys requiring renal replacement therapy, and total anomalous pulmonary venous return requiring major cardiosurgical intervention...
- Use of tensiomin (captopril) in the antihypertensive treatment of haemodialysis patientsG Kakuk
First Department of Medicine, University School of Medicine, Debrecen, Hungary
Ther Hung 38:71-6. 1990..The patients have been treated for about 5 years with hemodialysis, suffered from anuria and required besides systhematical ultrafiltration a combination antihypertensive therapy...
- Recovery of organ dysfunction during bridging to heart transplantation in children and adolescentsN Reiss A El-Banayosy
Clinic for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Center North Rhine Westphalia, Ruhr University of Bochum, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Int J Artif Organs 26:395-400. 2003..patients were mechanically ventilated, six patients underwent cardiopulmonary resuscitation, eight patients had anuria (one treated by hemofiltration), three patients had liver dysfunction and four patients had signs of severe ..
- Renal effects of fenoldopam in critically ill pediatric patients: A retrospective reviewBrady S Moffett
Texas Children s Hospital, Department of Pharmacy, Houston, TX, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 9:403-6. 2008Published data describe the use of fenoldopam in adults for treatment of oliguria/anuria and for renal perfusion and protection, but pediatric data are scant...
- Using genomics to understand physiologic water conservation in desert rodentsMATTHEW MACMANES; Fiscal Year: 2013..Here, I propose to study the genomic underpinnings of functional anuria, an adaptation to the absence of extrinsic water in desert-adapted rodents- using a comparative approach at the ..
- PERITONEAL DELIVERY OF ANTINEOPLASTIC MACROMOLECULESMICHAEL FLESSNER; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Effects of Hyaluronan on Interstitial ConvectionMICHAEL FLESSNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this research project will provide a basis for future work designed to preserve or enhance the transport characteristics of peritoneal tissue during chronic dialysis. ..