Genomes and Genes
Summary: Presence of blood in the urine.
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- The impact of biomarkers in multivariate algorithms for bladder cancer diagnosis in patients with hematuriaFunso Abogunrin
Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology, Queens University Belfast, Belfast, Ireland
Cancer 118:2641-50. 2012..aim was to determine whether single biomarkers and/or multivariate algorithms significantly improved on the predictive power of an algorithm based on demographics for prediction of urothelial cancer in patients presenting with hematuria.
- The natural history of immunoglobulin a nephropathy among patients with hematuria and minimal proteinuriaC C Szeto
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
Am J Med 110:434-7. 2001PURPOSE: To determine the natural history of immunoglobulin (Ig) A nephropathy among patients who presented with hematuria and minimal proteinuria, and factors associated with the development of adverse clinical events, such as ..
- The impact of a school health programme on the prevalence and morbidity of urinary schistosomiasis in Mwera Division, Pangani District, TanzaniaP Magnussen
Danish Bilharziasis Laboratory, Charlottenlund, Denmark
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 95:58-64. 2001..Communities also participated in the improvement of sanitary installations at the schools...
- Persistent asymptomatic isolated microscopic hematuria in Israeli adolescents and young adults and risk for end-stage renal diseaseAsaf Vivante
Israeli Defense Forces Medical Corps and Talpiot Medical Leadership Program, Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
JAMA 306:729-36. 2011Few data are available on long-term outcomes among adolescents and young adults with persistent asymptomatic isolated microscopic hematuria.
- Sensitivities and specificities of diagnostic tests and infection prevalence of Schistosoma haematobium estimated from data on adults in villages northwest of Accra, GhanaArtemis Koukounari
Schistosomiasis Control Initiative, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:435-41. 2009..haematobium eggs, dipsticks for detection of hematuria, tests for circulating antigens, antibody tests, and ultrasound scans of the urinary system...
- COL4A3/COL4A4 mutations producing focal segmental glomerulosclerosis and renal failure in thin basement membrane nephropathyKonstantinos Voskarides
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:3004-16. 2007..found in approximately 40% of cases of thin basement membrane nephropathy, which is characterized by microscopic hematuria and is classically thought to cause proteinuria and chronic renal failure rarely...
- A short course of BG9588 (anti-CD40 ligand antibody) improves serologic activity and decreases hematuria in patients with proliferative lupus glomerulonephritisDimitrios T Boumpas
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Arthritis Rheum 48:719-27. 2003..The primary outcome measure was 50% reduction in proteinuria without worsening of renal function...
- Use of a multitarget fluorescence in situ hybridization assay to diagnose bladder cancer in patients with hematuriaMichael F Sarosdy
South Texas Urology and Urologic Oncology, 4499 Medical 218, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Urol 176:44-7. 2006We evaluated the multitarget UroVysion fluorescence in situ hybridization assay for the diagnosis of bladder cancer in patients with hematuria and no history of bladder cancer.
- MYH9-related disease: May-Hegglin anomaly, Sebastian syndrome, Fechtner syndrome, and Epstein syndrome are not distinct entities but represent a variable expression of a single illnessMarco Seri
Laboratorio di Genetica Molecolare, Istituto G Gaslini, Genova, Italy
Medicine (Baltimore) 82:203-15. 2003..Kidney abnormalities, such as hematuria and proteinuria, affected not only patients referred as Fechtner syndrome and Epstein syndrome but also those ..
- Familial C3 glomerulopathy associated with CFHR5 mutations: clinical characteristics of 91 patients in 16 pedigreesYiannis Athanasiou
Department of Nephrology, Nicosia General Hospital, Nicosia, Cyprus
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:1436-46. 2011..CFHR5 nephropathy is clinically characterized by continuous microscopic hematuria whereas some patients present with additional episodes of synpharyngitic macrohematuria, associated with ..
- COL4A3/COL4A4 mutations: from familial hematuria to autosomal-dominant or recessive Alport syndromeIlaria Longo
Genetica Medica, Universita di Siena, Siena Dip Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche and Genetica, Biologia e Biochimica, Universita di Torino, Torino, Italy
Kidney Int 61:1947-56. 2002COL4A3/COL4A4 mutations: From familial hematuria to autosomal-dominant or recessive Alport syndrome.
- Evidence that NPHS2-R229Q predisposes to proteinuria and renal failure in familial hematuriaKonstantinos Voskarides
Department of Biological Sciences, Molecular Medicine Research Center and Laboratory of Molecular and Medical Genetics, University of Cyprus, Kallipoleos 75, 1678 Nicosia, Cyprus
Pediatr Nephrol 27:675-9. 2012Familial hematuria (FH) is associated with at least two pathological entities: thin basement membrane nephropathy (TBMN), caused by heterozygous COL4A3/COL4A4 mutations, and C3 nephropathy caused by CFHR5 mutations...
- Clinico-pathological correlations in 127 patients in 11 large pedigrees, segregating one of three heterozygous mutations in the COL4A3/ COL4A4 genes associated with familial haematuria and significant late progression to proteinuria and chronic kidney disAlkis Pierides
Department of Nephrology, Nicosia General Hospital, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:2721-9. 2009..Heterozygous mutations in the COL4A3/ COL4A4 genes are currently thought to be responsible for familial benign microscopic haematuria and maintenance of normal long-term kidney function...
- Impact of clinical factors, including a point-of-care nuclear matrix protein-22 assay and cytology, on bladder cancer detectionYair Lotan
Cancer Prognostics and Health Outcomes Unit, University of Montreal Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BJU Int 103:1368-74. 2009..To determine whether the nuclear matrix protein-22 (NMP22) assay can improve the accuracy of discriminating between high-risk patients with and without bladder cancer...
- Diagnosis and management of superficial bladder cancerC L Amling
Department of Urology, Naval Medical Center, San Diego, California, USA
Curr Probl Cancer 25:219-78. 2001..Gross or microscopic hematuria is the most common sign at presentation...
- The role of molecular genetics in diagnosing familial hematuria(s)Constantinos Deltas
Molecular Medicine Research Center and Laboratory of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Cyprus, Kallipoleos 75, 1678 Nicosia, Cyprus
Pediatr Nephrol 27:1221-31. 2012Familial microscopic hematuria (MH) of glomerular origin represents a heterogeneous group of monogenic conditions involving several genes, some of which remain unknown...
- Virtual cystoscopy of the contrast material-filled bladder in patients with gross hematuriaJeong Kon Kim
Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, South Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 179:763-8. 2002The objective of this study was to evaluate the usefulness of virtual cystoscopy of the contrast material-filled bladder in evaluating patients with gross hematuria.
- A multigene urine test for the detection and stratification of bladder cancer in patients presenting with hematuriaPaul O'Sullivan
Pacific Edge Ltd, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Urol 188:741-7. 2012....
- Mutations in the COL4A4 gene in thin basement membrane diseaseMark Buzza
University of Melbourne, Department of Medicine, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, Heidelberg, Australia
Kidney Int 63:447-53. 2003Patients with thin basement membrane disease (TBMD) are often from families where hematuria segregates with the COL4A3 and COL4A4 genes. These genes also are affected in autosomal recessive Alport syndrome...
- Isolation and identification of potential urinary microparticle biomarkers of bladder cancerDavid M Smalley
Mellon Medical Biomarker Discovery Laboratory, W M Keck Laboratory for Mass Spectrometry, Department of Urology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Proteome Res 7:2088-96. 2008..Further studies will be needed to validate these potential biomarkers...
- Familial hematuriaClifford E Kashtan
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Nephrology, University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Children s Hospital, Fairview, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 24:1951-8. 2009b>Hematuria is a common presenting complaint in pediatric nephrology clinics and often has a familial basis...
- Urine erythrocyte morphology in patients with microscopic haematuria caused by a glomerulopathyGiovanni Battista Fogazzi
Unità Operative di Nefrologia Laboratorio di ricerca sulle urine, Fondazione IRCCS, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Via Commenda 15, Milano, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 23:1093-100. 2008..4% and 85% for >or=5% acanthocytes/G1 cells and 12.2% and 100% for erythrocytic casts. Our findings demonstrate that the evaluation of UEM is useful to identify patients with an IMH of glomerular origin...
- Novel COL4A4 splice defect and in-frame deletion in a large consanguine family as a genetic link between benign familial haematuria and autosomal Alport syndromeOliver Gross
Medical Faculty University of Cologne, Cologne General Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine I, Merheim Medical Center, Cologne, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:1122-7. 2003..The present study describes molecular changes of the COL4A4 gene that cause both diseases: autosomal recessive AS and BFH in a consanguine family with a 400-year-old history of haematuria...
- BK virus infection is associated with hematuria and renal impairment in recipients of allogeneic hematopoetic stem cell transplantsPeter H O'Donnell
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60637, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:1038-1048.e1. 2009..04). There was a direct relationship between blood and urine BKV levels and the occurrence, and degree, of hematuria (P < or = .03)...
- Microscopic hematuria and diabetic glomerulosclerosis--clinicopathological analysis of type 2 diabetic patients associated with overt proteinuriaTetsu Akimoto
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Shimotsuke, Japan
Nephron Clin Pract 109:c119-26. 2008..In addition, the prevalence and composition of nondiabetic renal disease (NDRD) among proteinuric diabetics still remain to be delineated...
- Sporadic hemangioblastoma of the kidney: an underrecognized pseudomalignant tumor?Yiu Tung Ip
Department of Pathology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1695-700. 2010..This report describes 2 cases of sporadic renal hemangioblastoma, with 1 patient presenting with hematuria and polycythemia, and the other low back pain...
- COL4A3/COL4A4 mutations link familial hematuria and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. glomerular epithelium destruction via basement membrane thinning?Konstantinos Voskarides
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
Connect Tissue Res 49:283-8. 2008..Recently described mutations in collagen IV and laminin in patients with hematuria and severe nephrotic syndrome add to other experimental data supporting the hypothesis that the glomerular ..
- Prevalence and risk factors of chronic kidney disease: a population study in the Tibetan populationWei Chen
Department of Nephrology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:1592-9. 2011..The prevalence of chronic kidney disease (CKD) at high altitude is not known. We conducted a population-based survey in Tibet to identify the prevalence and associated risk factors of CKD in subjects living at altitudes of > 3500 m...
- Dense deposit disease: clinicopathologic study of 32 pediatric and adult patientsSamih H Nasr
Department of Pathology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:22-32. 2009..Dense deposit disease (DDD) is a rare disorder that most commonly affects children. This study reports the largest North American series addressing clinicopathologic and outcome differences in children and adults...
- Sixteen novel mutations identified in COL4A3, COL4A4, and COL4A5 genes in Slovenian families with Alport syndrome and benign familial hematuriaM Slajpah
Department of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Kidney Int 71:1287-95. 2007Alport syndrome (ATS) and benign familial hematuria (BFH) are type IV collagen inherited disorders...
- Tubular lesions determine prognosis of IgA nephropathyL Daniel
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, C H U Timone, Marseille, France
Am J Kidney Dis 35:13-20. 2000..05) and proteinuria (P = 0.05). Hematuria was a protective factor (P = 0.03). Multivariate analysis showed that tubular grade 2 (relative risk [RR], 5...
- The BTA stat test is nonspecific for hematuria: an experimental hematuria modelOmer Oge
Department of Urolog, Adnan Menderes University School of Medicine, Aydin, Turkey
J Urol 167:1318-9; discussion 1319-20. 2002An experimental hematuria model was designed to determine whether the bladder tumor antigen (BTA) stat test (Bion Diagnostics, Redmond, Washington) is influenced by microscopic or macroscopic hematuria.
- The clinical significance of asymptomatic gross and microscopic hematuria in childrenJerry Bergstein
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, and James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, 699 West Drive, Rm 213, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5119, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:353-5. 2005The development of asymptomatic gross or microscopic hematuria is relatively common in children.
- Mutations in theCOL4A4 and COL4A3 genes cause familial benign hematuriaCelia Badenas
Nephrology and Genetics Departments, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:1248-54. 2002Familial benign hematuria (FBH) is a common autosomal dominant disorder characterized by the presence of persistent or recurrent hematuria...
- Transient IgA nephropathy with acute kidney injury in a patient with dengue feverBala Krishna Upadhaya
Department of Nephrology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 21:521-5. 2010..Urine examination showed microscopic glomerular hematuria and proteinuria...
- Hematuria and proteinuria in a mass school urine screening testYong Hoon Park
Department of Pediatrics, Yeungnam University College of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Pediatr Nephrol 20:1126-30. 2005A total of 1,044 school children identified with hematuria and/or proteinuria during a mass school urine screening test were referred to pediatric nephrologists at 13 hospitals in Korea. These children had isolated hematuria (IH) (60...
- [Modelling sensitivity, specificity and predictive values of hematuria testing using reagent sticks in the diagnosis of Schistosoma haematobium infection]J E Etard
Institut de recherche et de développement IRD, BP 1386 Dakar, Senegal
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 97:24-8. 2004..A decrease in sensitivity adjusted for intensity of infection above 10 years of age among males is discussed. This modelling approach also uses all the information available and not only the data from the stratum of interest...
- Immunocytology in the assessment of patients with asymptomatic hematuriaB J Schmitz-Dräger
Urologie, EuromedClinic, Europa Allee 1, 90763 Fürth, Germany
World J Urol 26:31-7. 2008Painless hematuria has remained a diagnostic challenge in daily urological practice. Key problem in the assessment of these patients is the discrimination between malignant and non-malignant conditions...
- Benign familial hematuria due to mutation of the type IV collagen alpha4 geneH H Lemmink
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 98:1114-8. 1996Benign familial hematuria (BFH) is characterized by autosomal dominant inheritance, thinning of the glomerular basement membrane (GBM) and normal renal function...
- Urinary BTA: indicator of bladder cancer or of hematuriaMakito Miyake
Cancer Research Institute, MD Anderson Cancer Center Orlando, Orlando, FL 32827, USA
World J Urol 30:869-73. 2012In this study, we investigated the influence of hematuria on the performance of the bladder tumor antigen (BTA) tests in a clinical cohort and in an experimental model.
- The clinical usefulness of nuclear matrix protein-22 in patients with end-stage renal disease and microscopic hematuriaBrandon Trojan
Department of Urology, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas 79430 726, USA
Ren Fail 35:72-6. 2013..rate of the nuclear matrix protein-22 (NMP22) test in patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and microscopic hematuria in order to avoid unnecessary follow-up tests for patients with false-positive NMP22 test results.
- Ultrastructural changes of glomerular basement membrane in IgA nephritis: relationship to hematuriaT Taguchi
, , Federal Republic of Germany
Ultrastruct Pathol 12:17-26. 1988..membrane (GBM) of 415 samples from 344 patients with IgA nephritis, were examined for potential relationship to hematuria. The GBM showed various alteration: splitting, thinning, membranolysis with swelling of the lamina rara externa ..
- Prospective validation of a current algorithm including bedside US performed by emergency physicians for patients with acute flank pain suspected for renal colicM Kartal
Emergency Department, Akdeniz University Hospital, Antalya, Turkey
Emerg Med J 23:341-4. 2006..Materials and..
- Emergency ultrasound and urinalysis in the evaluation of flank painRomolo J Gaspari
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts School of Medicine, Worcester, MA 01543, USA
Acad Emerg Med 12:1180-4. 2005..To determine the sensitivity and specificity of limited emergency ultrasonography of the kidney in diagnosing renal colic...
- Prevalence and factors associated with CKD: a population study from BeijingLuxia Zhang
Institute of Nephrology and Division of Nephrology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, PR China
Am J Kidney Dis 51:373-84. 2008..Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is considered a serious worldwide public health problem, but data from developing countries are extremely limited...
- Immunocytology is a strong predictor of bladder cancer presence in patients with painless hematuria: a multicentre studyEugene K Cha
Department of Urology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Eur Urol 61:185-92. 2012Although the performance of immunocytology has been established in the surveillance of patients with urothelial carcinoma of the bladder (UCB), its value in the initial detection of UCB in patients with painless hematuria remains unclear.
- Balloon-occluded percutaneous transhepatic obliteration of isolated vesical varices causing gross hematuriaDong hoon Lim
Department of Urology, College of Medicine, Chosun University, Gwangju 501 717, Korea
Korean J Radiol 14:94-6. 2013Gross hematuria secondary to vesical varices is an unusual presentation...
- COL4A4 mutation in thin basement membrane disease previously described in Alport syndromeM Buzza
University Department of Medicine, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Kidney Int 60:480-3. 2001..we have shown that many individuals with thin basement membrane disease (TBMD) are also from families where hematuria segregates with the COL4A3/COL4A4 locus...
- Split-bolus MDCT urography: Upper tract opacification and performance for upper tract tumors in patients with hematuriaEkta Maheshwari
Joint Department of Medical Imaging, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:453-8. 2010Our purpose was to assess upper urinary tract opacification and the performance of split-bolus MDCT urography for upper tract tumors in patients with hematuria.
- Persistent glomerular hematuria in living kidney donors confers a risk of progressive kidney disease in donors after heminephrectomyR Kido
Department of Nephrology and Endocrinology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Am J Transplant 10:1597-604. 2010Although glomerular hematuria is likely a sign of chronic kidney disease that will develop into overt nephropathy after donation, it remains unclear whether prospective donors with hematuria should be excluded...
- Abberant sex habits leading to acute limb ischemia and hematuriaR J Toorop
Department of Surgery, Maxima Medical Centre, Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 33:340-2. 2007..Upon urokinase treatment he developed gross hematuria. Finally, CT scanning revealed a self-inserted foreign body not only causing thrombosis of the external iliac ..
- Bladder cancer: diagnosis with diffusion-weighted MR imaging in patients with gross hematuriaMohamed E Abou-El-Ghar
Departments of Radiology, and Urology, Urology and Nephrology Center, Mansoura University, Mansoura 35516, Egypt
Radiology 251:415-21. 2009To prospectively evaluate the usefulness of diffusion-weighted (DW) magnetic resonance (MR) imaging for the detection of bladder neoplasms in patients with gross hematuria of lower urinary tract origin.
- Incarcerated vesicoinguinal hernia presenting with gross hematuriaSergio Huerta
University of California, Irvine Medical Center, Orange, CA, USA
J Am Coll Surg 201:992-3. 2005
- The presence of microscopic hematuria detected by urine dipstick test in the evaluation of patients with renal colicA Argyropoulos
Urology Clinic, Athens General Hospital G Gennimatas, Athens, Greece
Urol Res 32:294-7. 2004..One of the most important steps in the diagnostic algorithm of renal colic is the presence of hematuria, but this fact has been challenged by authors reporting a negative urinalysis for microscopic hematuria in about ..
- Glomerulonephritis in Behçet's disease: report of seven cases and review of the literatureM R Altiparmak
Cerrahpasa Medical School, University of Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 21:14-8. 2002..According to our results, we can conclude that urinary abnormalities are more frequent in BD; however, serious renal lesions develop in only very few of these patients...
- AKI associated with macroscopic glomerular hematuria: clinical and pathophysiologic consequencesJuan Antonio Moreno
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, IIS Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Autonoma University, Madrid, Spain
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:175-84. 2012b>Hematuria is a common finding in various glomerular diseases. This article reviews the clinical data on glomerular hematuria and kidney injury, as well as the pathophysiology of hematuria-associated renal damage...
- The use of molecular analyses in voided urine for the assessment of patients with hematuriaWillemien Beukers
Department of Pathology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e77657. 2013Patients presenting with painless hematuria form a large part of the urological patient population. In many cases, especially in younger patients, the cause of hematuria is harmless...
- Multidetector computerized tomography urography is more accurate than excretory urography for diagnosing transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tract in adults with hematuriaLi Jen Wang
Department of Medical Imaging and Intervention, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Urol 183:48-55. 2010..We compared accuracy measures of both methods for diagnosing upper urinary tract transitional cell carcinoma in adult patients with hematuria.
- Immunocytology in the assessment of patients with asymptomatic microhaematuriaBernd J Schmitz-Drager
Urologie, EuromedClinic, Fürth, Germany
Eur Urol 51:1582-8; discussion 1588. 2007..Discrimination between malignant and nonmalignant conditions remains the key problem in assessing microhaematuria. This prospective study investigated the role of immunocytology in the evaluation of patients with microhaematuria...
- Familial hematuria due to type IV collagen mutations: Alport syndrome and thin basement membrane nephropathyClifford E Kashtan
University of Minnesota Medical School, Department of Pediatrics, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 16:177-81. 2004..that mutations in type IV collagen account for a significant proportion of patients with persistent glomerular hematuria. This review will discuss the implications of these findings for the diagnosis and management of persistent ..
- Spontaneous rupture of hypogastric artery aneurysm into the bladder: a case report and review of the literatureKambiz Jacob Cohen-Kashi
Department of Surgery, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, NY, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 20:134-7. 2006..male with spontaneous rupture of a hypogastric artery aneurysm into the urinary bladder presenting as gross hematuria. This case illustrates the importance of a high index of suspicion in diagnosis and early treatment to reduce ..
- The performance of haematuria reagent strips for the rapid mapping of urinary schistosomiasis: field experience from Southern SudanEmily Robinson
Malaria Consortium Africa Regional Office, Kampala, Uganda
Trop Med Int Health 14:1484-7. 2009..These findings suggest that reagent strips alone are not sufficient for rapid mapping surveys. A two-step approach is thus recommended whereby haematuria-positive urine samples are subsequently examined using urine filtration...
- Gross and microscopic hematuria: guidelines for obstetricians and gynecologistsKatherine Shaio Sandhu
Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women s Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Montefiore Medical Center Bronx, New York, NY 10467, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 64:39-49. 2009Although gross hematuria is a relatively uncommon condition in general obstetrics and gynecology practice, microscopic hematuria is a common incidental finding during routine antepartum or gynecologic office visits...
- Imaging of hematuriaOwen J O'Connor
Department of Radiology, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
AJR Am J Roentgenol 195:W263-7. 2010In this article, we will discuss the current status of imaging in patients with hematuria of urologic origin...
- Hematuria and dysuria in the self-diagnosis of urinary schistosomiasis among school-children in Northern CameroonInnocent Takougang
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaounde I, B P 1364 Yaoundé, Cameroon
Afr J Health Sci 11:121-7. 2004The present study was designed to assess the value of self reported hematuria and dysuria in the diagnosis of urinary schistosomiasis at the individual level...
- Imaging of hematuriaOwen J O'Connor
Department of Radiology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland
Radiol Clin North Am 46:113-32, vii. 2008b>Hematuria may have a number of causes, of which the more common are urinary tract calculi, urinary tract infection, urinary tract neoplasms (including renal cell carcinoma and urothelial tumors), trauma to the urinary tract, and renal ..
- False-positive results of the NMP22 test due to hematuriaNecmettin Atsu
Department of Urology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
J Urol 167:555-8. 2002..Cambridge, Massachusetts) are usually observed in some clinical categories that are usually associated with hematuria and pyuria. This problem is especially serious in bladder cancer since 85% of patients present with hematuria...
- Thin glomerular basement membrane nephropathy: incidence in 3471 consecutive renal biopsies examined by electron microscopyMark Haas
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:699-706. 2006Thin glomerular basement membrane (GBM) nephropathy is often equated with benign familial hematuria, although it may occur sporadically and may not always be benign...
- Molecular analysis of the fragile histidine triad (FHIT) tumor suppressor gene in vesical tumors of cattle with chronic enzootic hematuria (CEH)E Guidi
Department of Genetics and Microbiology A Buzzati Traverso, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Cytogenet Genome Res 120:173-7. 2008..to test whether FHIT presents altered expression patterns in vesical tumors of cattle with CEH (chronic enzootic hematuria)...
- Pathologic quiz case: a 35-year-old man with hematuria. Paraganglioma involving the prostateAnil V Parwani
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:e104-6. 2004
- Utility of hematuria testing in patients with suspected renal colic: correlation with unenhanced helical CT resultsJonathan S Luchs
Department of Radiology, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, New York 11501, USA
Urology 59:839-42. 2002To determine the utility of hematuria testing in a large series of patients with suspected renal colic using unenhanced helical computed tomography (CT) as the reference standard.
- An unusual cause of gross hematuria and transient ARF in an SLE patient with warfarin coagulopathyAnwarul Kabir
Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43210 1250, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 43:757-60. 2004
- Gross hematuria in children: a ten-year reviewSaul P Greenfield
Department of Pediatric Urology, Women and Children s Hospital of Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14222, USA
Urology 69:166-9. 2007Gross hematuria in children is uncommon. We reviewed our experience characterizing its clinical presentation and diagnosis.
- Consensus statement on evaluation of hematuriaK D Phadke
Childrens Kidney Care Center, Department of Pediatrics, St Johns Medical College Hospital, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore 560 034
Indian Pediatr 43:965-73. 2006
- Hematuria as the presenting symptom of a metastatic thyroid cancerPietro Pepe
Urology, Unit of Cannizzaro Hospital, Catania, Italy
Urol Int 76:89-90. 2006A 67-year-old man is presented who was admitted to our hospital for the onset of hematuria and acute urinary retention and who was found to have a 10-cm solid mass in the right obturator fossa compressing the bladder wall...
- Botryoid Wilms' tumor: a report of two casesToshihiro Yanai
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, 113 8421 Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 21:43-6. 2005..No local recurrence or metastatic spread has been detected for 4 years postoperatively in case 1 and for 9 months postoperatively in case 2...
- A family with X-linked benign familial hematuriaKazunari Kaneko
Department of Pediatrics, Kansai Medical University, 2 3 1 Shin machi, Hirakata shi, Osaka 573 1191, Japan
Pediatr Nephrol 25:545-8. 2010..and COL4A4 located on chromosome 2 are associated with autosomal inherited Alport syndrome or benign familial hematuria. A family with benign familial hematuria caused by COL4A5 mutation, implying X-linked transmission, is reported ..
- Ureteroscopic evaluation and laser treatment of chronic unilateral hematuriaSoichi Mugiya
Department of Urology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
J Urol 178:517-20. 2007Chronic unilateral hematuria is characterized by intermittent or continuous gross hematuria that cannot be diagnosed using standard radiology and hematology methods...
- Nine novel COL4A3 and COL4A4 mutations and polymorphisms identified in inherited membrane diseasesKesha Rana
Department of Medicine AH NH, The Northern Hospital, University of Melbourne, Epping, Vic, 3076, Australia
Pediatr Nephrol 22:652-7. 2007..The identification of polymorphisms in these genes is particularly important to enable diagnostic laboratories to distinguish mutations from uncommon normal variants...
- Hematuria: definition and screening test methodsEiji Higashihara
The Japanese Urological Association, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Urol 15:281-4. 2008
- Isolated hemangioma causing gross painless hematuria in an adolescent maleJeremy B Wiygul
Schneider Children s Hospital, New Hyde Park, New York, New York, USA
Urology 76:463-4. 2010b>Hematuria in children is usually a benign entity, with hypercalciuria being the usual etiology; however, rarer causes also exist, including genitourinary hemangioma...
- Gross hematuria in a 3-year-old girl caused by a large isolated bladder hemangiomaRichard A Ashley
Department of Urology, Nemours A I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware, USA
Urology 76:952-4. 2010..Although rare, these lesions can result in significant hematuria, with potential for patient morbidity...
- Evaluation of hematuria in childrenKevin E C Meyers
Division of Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Main Building, 2nd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4399, USA
Urol Clin North Am 31:559-73, x. 2004The detection of blood in a child's urine is alarming and often prompts many laboratory studies. Hematuria is one of the most important signs of renal or bladder disease, but proteinuria often is a more important diagnostic and ..
- Management of chronic unilateral hematuria by ureterorenoscopyArtur Henrique Brito
Division of Urology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Endourol 23:1273-6. 2009Chronic unilateral hematuria is characterized by intermittent or continuous gross hematuria that cannot be diagnosed using standard radiology and hematology methods. In the past, it was managed with partial or total nephrectomy...
- Correlation between mRNA expression level of the mutant COL4A5 gene and phenotypes of XLAS femalesYunfeng Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, PR China
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 232:638-42. 2007Alport syndrome (AS) is a progressive hereditary glomerulonephritis presented with hematuria, progressive renal failure, sensorineural deafness, and ocular lesions...
- Benign familial hematuria associated with a novel COL4A4 mutationS Ozen
Department of Pediatric Nephrology and Rheumatology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 16:874-7. 2001We describe a father and three offspring with hematuria. The father and one girl also complained of flank pain. Renal function tests and ophthalmological examinations were normal in all. The father had very mild neural deafness...
- Bladder varices--rare cause of painless hematuria in idiopathic retroperitoneal fibrosisC George Koshy
Department of Radiology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Urology 73:58-9. 2009A patient presented to the urology outpatient department with complaints of recurrent episodes of painless hematuria. A contrast-enhanced computed tomography scan of the abdomen revealed vesical varices that had developed secondary to ..
- Sickle cell trait and gross hematuriaK Kiryluk
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Kidney Int 71:706-10. 2007
- Impact of date of onset on the absence of hematuria in patients with acute renal colicTakashi Kobayashi
Department of Urology, Hamamatsu Rosai Hospital, Japan
J Urol 170:1093-6. 2003b>Hematuria is absent in a significant proportion of patients with acute ureterolithiasis. We determined whether time from pain onset has any impact on the sensitivity of hematuria tests in the diagnosis of ureterolithiasis.
- Evaluation of hematuria and proteinuria: how should a pediatrician proceed?Raymond Quigley
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9063, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 20:140-4. 2008..The review will discuss the major causes of hematuria and proteinuria in the pediatric population, and discuss a rational approach to the evaluation of these ..
- Forget the blood, not the stone! Microhaematuria in acute urolithiasis and the role of early CT scanningK Xafis
Department of Emergency Medicine, University Hospital of Berne, Berne 3010, Switzerland
Emerg Med J 25:640-4. 2008..Although urinalysis is simple and inexpensive to perform, the finding of microhaematuria on urinalysis may be unreliable for diagnosing urolithiasis...
- When is red urine not hematuria?: A case reportJason S Bryant
Department of Emergency Medicine, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Santa Clara, California 95051, USA
J Emerg Med 32:55-7. 2007The definition of gross hematuria is "the presence of blood in the urine in sufficient quantity to be visible to the naked eye...
- Prevalence and risk factors of chronic kidney disease in first-degree relatives of chronic kidney disease patients in Southern ChinaXin Wei
Department of Nephrology Epidemiology and Clinical Research Unit, The First Affiliated Hospital Department of Medical Statistics and Epidemiology, School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Nephrology (Carlton) 17:123-30. 2012..The aim of this study was to estimate the prevalence and risk factors of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in first-degree relatives (FDRs) of CKD patients...
- Absent hematuria and expensive computerized tomography: case characteristics of emergency urolithiasisJ Li
Division of Emergency Medicine, Mount Auburn Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 165:782-4. 2001..RESULTS: From 159,083 emergency visits during this period 397 met study entry criteria. Absent hematuria was noted in 9% (95% confidence interval 7% to 12%) of patients with proved urolithiasis...
- Blunt traumatic hematuria in children. Is a simplified algorithm justified?Marcos R Perez-Brayfield
Division of Pediatric Urology, Department of Urology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Urol 167:2543-6; discussion 2546-7. 2002We determined whether radiographic evaluation is indicated in all children with traumatic hematuria.
- Multidetector computerized tomography urography as the primary imaging modality for detecting urinary tract neoplasms in patients with asymptomatic hematuriaGary S Sudakoff
Department of Radiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
J Urol 179:862-7; discussion 867. 2008We determined whether multidetector computerized tomography urography is sensitive and specific for detecting urinary tract neoplasms when used as the primary imaging modality for evaluating patients with hematuria.
- [Experience in superselective embolization of bladder arteries in the treatment of intractable hematuria]C Palma Ceppi
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Clinico, Universidad de Chile
Actas Urol Esp 32:542-5. 2008The hematuria, one of the main motives of urologic consultations, is produced by an extensive number of urinary pathologies from infections to cancer...
- Evaluation of gross hematuriaCynthia G Pan
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Medical College of Wisconsin and Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Suite 510, Children s Corporate Center, PO Box 1997, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1997, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 53:401-12, vi. 2006Gross hematuria in children is a common complaint that often leads patients to seek urgent care. The diagnostic evaluation can be chosen based on specific patient history and physical examination...
- Patterns of hematuria referral to urologists: does a gender disparity exist?Emilie K Johnson
Department of Urology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Urology 72:498-502; discussion 502-3. 2008To examine the referral patterns of hematuria within a nonprofit healthcare organization to determine the factors that influence referral. Hematuria continues to be an important sign of urologic disease, including urothelial malignancy...
- Traumatic hematuria in children can be evaluated as in adultsRichard A Santucci
Department of Urology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Urol 171:822-5. 2004..Adult blunt trauma victims who present without gross hematuria, shock, or significant deceleration or other major associated injuries do not require renal imaging...
- Renal cell carcinoma presenting as Henoch-Schönlein purpura with leukocytoclastic vasculitis, hematuria, proteinuria and abdominal painYoung Hoon Hong
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yeungnam University College of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Rheumatol Int 30:1373-6. 2010..Here, we report a case of LCV associated with RCC presenting as HSP. This case illustrates the importance of evaluating patients for an underlying malignancy when HSP or LCV is diagnosed...
- Optically-Guided Bladder Biopsy Using Polarized Elastic Scattering SpectroscopyFREDERICK GEORGE BARGOOT; Fiscal Year: 2010..This is generally performed when a patient presents with symptoms like hematuria or abnormal cells in the urine. This is followed by biopsy and surgical intervention...
- Multi-center Controlled Clinical Trials in Alport Syndrome-A Feasibility StudyClifford E Kashtan; Fiscal Year: 2013..the past 30 years much has been learned about the molecular genetics and natural history of familial forms of hematuria. However, enhanced understanding of these conditions has yet to generate effective therapies for Alport syndrome,..
- Ameliorating Sickle Nephropathy and Pulmonary HypertensionPunam Malik; Fiscal Year: 2013..Also seen is hematuria (gross or microscopic) from medullary tubulo-interstitial damage...
- Computer-Aided Detection of Urinary Tract Cancer on MDCT UrographyLUBOMIR M HADJIYSKI; Fiscal Year: 2013..imaging modality for early detection of bladder and upper urinary tract cancer, which can be a cause of hematuria. The prevalence of hematuria can be as high as 19% in elderly patients...
- The Quality of Care in Evaluating Patients Suspected of Having Bladder CancerDaniel A Barocas; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The presence of blood in the urine, or "hematuria", may herald the presence of urologic malignancy such as bladder cancer or kidney cancer;benign urologic disease such as kidney stones (..
- Aurora Kinase A as a Biomarker for the Detection of Bladder CancerBogdan A Czerniak; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aim 2: Validate a model for BC detection in patients with hematuria and determine if Aurora A FISH and/or UroVysion FISH improves the model...
- HIV ASSOCIATED NEPHROPATHY IN CHILDRENJOSE STRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 1993..Those patients with persistent abnormal proteinuria or hematuria, increased kidney size or echogenicity, or decreased GFR will have a Gallium scan and a renal biopsy...
- CHLOROANILINE-INDUCED NEPHROTOXICITYGARY RANKIN; Fiscal Year: 1992..of toxicities which include hematotoxicity (methemoglobinemia, hemolytic anemia), nephrotoxicity (oliguria, hematuria, tubular necrosis) and to a lesser extent, hepatotoxicity...
- MEDICAL THERAPY OF PROSTATIC SYMPTONS (MTOPS)Kevin McVary; Fiscal Year: 2001..to BPH can result in renal failure, disruptive bladder symptoms, urinary retention, UTI, bladder stones and hematuria. Current studies estimate 30% of American males will require a surgical procedure to correct this problem ..
- Laminin Alpha5 and Polycystic Kidney DiseaseJEFFREY MINER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Preliminary studies show that LamaSneo/neo mice die at ~23 days of age with multiple large cysts, proteinuria, hematuria, and reduced levels of laminin a5 in most kidney basement membranes...
- Urine Crystal Inhibition in Pediatric NephrolithiasisKRISTIN BERGSLAND; Fiscal Year: 2007..clinical assays that can predict the development of stones in children with nephrolithiasis and the syndrome of hematuria due to hypercalciuria...
- LCAT SUBSTRATE SPECIFICITY IN FISH EYE DISEASEKatherine Miller; Fiscal Year: 1999..Symptoms of FLD include nephropathy, renal insufficiency, proteinuria, hematuria, anemia and cloudy corneas...
- PROTEIN-CARBOHYDRATE INTERACTIONIrwin Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..of the Marasmius oreades mushroom lectin which binds specifically to murine renal glomeruli causing protein-and hematuria as a model for human kidney disease; possible aberrant glycosylation of human serum glycoproteins by recombinant ..
- Mouse Model of X-Linked Alport SyndromeYoav Segal; Fiscal Year: 2003..As X-linked Alport syndrome is an archetypal basement membrane disorder, producing hematuria as a primary manifestation, we plan to build on existing knowledge of the glomerular capillary wall, to ..
- Cardiac and Renal Disease Study (CARDS)Carlos Iribarren; Fiscal Year: 2003..of the subsequent risk of ESRD after adjusting for diabetes and for baseline serum creatinine, proteinuria and hematuria. Aim 3: To examine other potential predictors of ESRD including demographic factors (race/ethnicity, level of ..
- GLOMERULAR PERMSELECTIVITY IN ALPORT SYNDROMEClifford Kashtan; Fiscal Year: 2004..This trial will compare urinary protein levels, kidney function, and renal structural changes in treated and untreated dogs. ..
- Clinical Decision Rule to Identify Children with Intra-Abdominal InjuriesJames Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable]..
- Patient-Oriented Models for Urinary Function in WomenLinda Brubaker; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] b. To model urinary storage in health and disease [unreadable] c. To model urinary emptying in health and diseas [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Promotes the Growth and Progression of Human MelanomaJulie Ellerhorst; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, melanoma cases may be prevented by heightened surveillance of individuals with a history of hypothyroidism. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Symposium for Molecular and Therapeutic Insights in PKDArlene Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2002..Day 5 will be devoted to autosomal recessive kidney diseases and the last half day will be devoted to potential therapeutic strategies in cystic disorders of the kidney. ..
- The Coronary Screening for Kidney Transplantation (COST) StudyBertram Kasiske; Fiscal Year: 2008..The money spent on these procedures might be better directed to health care measures of proven efficacy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BIOEFFECTS OF GAS BODY ACTIVATION IN MEDICAL ULTRASOUNDDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project will examine bioeffects in cells and tissues and show how to safely use ultrasound contrast agents in diagnostic imaging. ..
- Pyrophosphate in vascular calcification of renal failureW CHARLES O apos NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results will establish a new paradigm for vascular calcification in renal failure and form the basis for important clinical trials in humans. ..
- COAGULATION ACTIVATION IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEKenneth I Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- MR Imaging of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver DiseaseClaude B Sirlin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Developing a safe and accurate method to diagnose and follow this disease may lead to earlier diagnosis and more effective treatment. ..
- Consequences of Chronic Renal InsufficiencyChi yuan Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2006..These will contribute greatly to my development into an independent investigator. ..
- CRIC-Plus: Study of Advanced Chronic Renal InsufficiencyChi yuan Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim #4: To study the effect of chronic renal insufficiency management, including the timing of dialysis initiation, on clinical outcomes after onset of end-stage renal disease. ..
- COMPLEMENT AND B CELL TOLERANCE IN A MURINE MODEL OF SLEElahna Paul; Fiscal Year: 2002..By combining immunologic, nephrologic and molecular analyses I propose to elucidate how classical complement deficiency predisposes to SLE. ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF ENDOTHELIAL NA K 2CL COTRANSPORTW O NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..
- BIOEFFECTS OF GAS BODY ACTIVATION IN MEDICAL ULTRASOUNDDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Heparin-Binding EGF in Autosomal Recessive PKDKatherine Dell; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide important insights into ARPKD disease pathogenesis and may identify potential new therapeutic targets. ..
- Effect of Pyridoxamine in Oxalate excretion in Stone Disease and HyperoxaluriaJon Scheinman; Fiscal Year: 2007..The public health implications of this study are in its contributions to preventing common kidney stone disease, and preventing kidney failure in an orphan disease, Primary Hyperoxaluria. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Chronic Kidney Disease with Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaANDREW RULE; Fiscal Year: 2004..Based on preliminary data, a significant association between BPH surrogate measures and CKD is expected. This study will clarify whether earlier assessment and intervention in BPH is warranted to prevent CKD. ..
- Renal Volume Measurement to Detect Early Kidney DiseaseW O NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Live Unrelated Kidney Donor & Sibling Follow-up StudyBertram Kasiske; Fiscal Year: 2005..Altogether, this study will provide useful information that will improve the informed consent for living kidney donors and enhance our knowledge of the role of the kidney, if any, in CVD. ..
- Genetic and molecular characterization of kidney cancerAllan Pantuck; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Autoimmune Mechanisms in the Response to Renal CancerJulie Ellerhorst; Fiscal Year: 2006..These data will be clinically useful in predicting outcomes of RCC patients, as well as in the understanding of basic mechanisms of host-derived tumor control. ..
- TRH Production and Regulation by Human MelanomaJulie Ellerhorst; Fiscal Year: 2006..In Specific Aim #2, cell lines will be used for in vitro studies to determine if one or more of the mechanisms of hypothalamic TRH regulation are relevant to the control of TRH production by melanoma cells. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DISORDERED BLOOD COAGULATION IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEKenneth Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., is the "hypercoagulability" observed in patients with SCD a primary cause of the vasoocclusion or is it simply a secondary event that is observed in this clinical setting. ..
- The Acquisition of Bacterial Vaginosis in LesbiansJeanne Marrazzo; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lesbian couples provide a unique opportunity to conduct comparative studies of vaginal microbial ecology in sex partners, and to directly analyze determinants of transmission. ..
- HUMAN POPULATION GROWTH IMPACT ON S. HAEMATOBIUMCharles King; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- INSULIN RECEPTOR RELATED AND THE KIDNEYCarlton Bates; Fiscal Year: 2002..After being subjected to systemic alkalosis, IRR-null mouse kidneys will be examined to determine if the intercalated cells have appropriately altered their morphology and intracellular distribution of proton transporters. ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..
- Linking acute, chronic and end-stage renal diseaseChi yuan Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- URINARY SCHISTOSOMIASIS: INFECTION AND DISEASECharles King; Fiscal Year: 2004..This information, combined with epidemiological modeling of control strategies, will allow accelerated synthesis of the next generation of control programs. ..
- Transducible Molecular Probes for Imaging TumorsClaude Sirlin; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of TGF-alpha in the Pathogenesis of ARPKDKatherine Dell; Fiscal Year: 2005..Although the proposed research focuses on ARPKD, insights provided by these studies may contribute to a broader understanding of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) as well. ..